Speaker 1: As media.
Speaker 2: To live and die in La. Hey, this is not a game. It is smoke bomb flash. That is the data Feds came. That was the data Feds came. That was the data feeds. Living die in La Why nothing will be the same. It's smoke bomb flash. That was the data Feds came. That was the data Feds came. That was the data feeds and living dying in La. I ain't a song we sang. It's the gang banging traders. We was ready when it came for us. Monkey Monkey, piggy piggy, Immigration, coward ball happening off the back of black bands out in Paramount, black bagging, family, kidnapping, broad daylight stare with us, staring us to fight back, right. He trying to make a shoe sides Black Love, Brown Pride won't play when it's time to ride for West Side, East Sides. He's trying to send Americans the forward prisons. You don't think you'll try to put black bodies inside a game. Time, Homie, gonna meet us on that LaMeta. I ain't scared of nail La Migra. We knew the trail We're being here, Gonna keep it peace, bro. They gonna try to bat us it. It's the datus. But wait, bro take it to their face, Brody masking in.
Speaker 3: It's paper thing.
Speaker 2: We work for the border. We just following with all this with fear. Wivertakes them matches a facade. We exercise our rights, they said National Guard, and one thinks for certain, burned down the regime when the President chooses to send the marine and die in La. Hey, this is not a game. It is smoke bomb flash. That was the data FEDS came. That was the data Feds came. That was the data feds. You live in die in la Why, nothing will be the same. It's smoke bomb flash. That was the data Feds came. That was the data Feds came. That was the data Feds came.
Speaker 4: This is it could happen here. Executive Disorder, our weekly newscast covering what's happening in the White House, the crumbling world, and what it means for you. I'm Garrison Davis today, joined by Mia Wang and James Stout. This episode, we are covering the week of June four to June eleventh. Let's start James with an update on the protests happening in la In response to mass ice raids in the Los Angeles area and also around the country.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I've been in LA. I was up covering it. I'm back home now. It's on Wednesday. We did a whole episode about this people can listen to. In terms of update, I think things were a little bit smaller tonight. There were a large number of detentions.
Speaker 4: Made late tonight.
Speaker 3: You mean last night, Tuesday night?
Speaker 4: Tuesday night, okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: To summarize, right, the first two nights saw the city.
Speaker 3: Caught off guard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the weekend was pretty spicy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it got pretty well that there. A couple of cop cars got destroyed. I think some Weimos made the ultimate sacrifice our rip Weimo yep oh. I saw them trucking the Weimos out and there was not much Weimo left, Like it was the remains of the waim passed me, gone but not forgotten. So by Monday morning, they had flooded Los Angeles with police. I saw police from LAPD, LA SD, I saw police from fps DHS, National Guard, California Highway patrols play it's like Pokemon for cops up there, and that resulted in them splitting up protesters cattling and detaining people on Monday night, and they made extremely liberal use of impact munitions, chemical ritans, etc. Batterday Sunday, Monday Tuesday, thousands of impact munitions that you can find kissings all over DTLA if you just go walk around. I saw a lot of like people had tagged up a lot of buildings in DTLA. But from what I've seen, I don't know. We'll see, Right, It's also of the week, so maybe things will get bigger again over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I things can get less combative during the week because people are busy with work and keeping themselves like fed and had housed, and then on the weekend things can sometimes open back up again.
Speaker 6: Yeah. And also it's worth it's worth noting how these how these specific protests are flaring up, which is that like these ones are flaring up when Ice like drags people out of a place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is directly in response to ICE kidnapping their.
Speaker 6: Names, right, And so you know, the next time ICE does a bunch of kidnappings of people, there's a chance to do it will pop off again because people are being like, holy shit, don't take my neighbor away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the LA protests are already happening in a sequence. Right We had stuff happening in San Diego, We then had stuff in Minneapolis, We then had stuff in Chicago. We then had the really big flare of which was LA. And I think what's interesting right now is that instead of having just like nationwide riots like there was in twenty twenty, this is more like a sequence that actually directly follows the actions of ICE. And in some ways, I think this can be harder to combat. If every city has the capacity to do what LA has done in response to the actions of ICE, that follow the actions of ICE, that could be harder to prepare for than just the federal government realizing that we have to do massive counter insurgency everywhere, all at the same time, like what happened in twenty twenty. If instead this is a rolling sequence of protests that happened directly in response to ICE actions, any city could be next. Instead of just trying to prepare for nationwide riots, they have to be this more like mobile fluid force. They have to respond to different outbursts that happen in different cities at different times. And I think the other advantage that this model has is that the actual protesters themselves can also iterate on tactics. Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel every time, you can take what happened in a previous city, like a week ago, two weeks ago, and iterate on that. Iterate on what was unsuccessfully, what captured attention, and what was able to catch the cops off guard, minimizing mass arrests.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in terms of the state response, just in case people have missed it, right, two thousand National Guard troops, seven hundred United States Marines. The Marines came from twenty nine Palms. I know the Core has like an urban warfare school, or at least had one there in twenty nine pounds. Obviously, Camp Pendleton is a bigger base. Well, I see, it might not be geograph they're both huge and closer to LA, but they sent them from twenty nine Palms instead.
Speaker 3: I didn't see any Marines.
Speaker 5: They're just supposed to be protecting federal assets and not supposed to be out there like straight up policing. Obviously, that's you know, unconstitutional. One can make a case it's unconstitutional to be deploying them at all in this fashion. There are some on the streets now National Guard is actually making arrests on the street. Marines have not as of Wednesday, but some of the Marines have been deployed. There's upwards of seven hundred who are like in the process of being deployed at LA streets right now, out of two thousand available troops, some of which are actually still receiving training on standard rules of force. So these people do not have necessarily like extensive training on police crowd control, but are currently brushing up on crowd control tactics. Yeah, what I saw from National Guard was like it seemed to be by rank, although I'm not certain of that guy with with shields and sticks right, just straight up poles as opposed to like truncheons with like a T shape or an L shape or whatever. And then probably one in every five or six had an M four with a magazine. That's a gun for people who aren't familiar, it's in AAR fifteen and that's obviously live ammunition. So like they didn't seem to have any access to like less lethals or they didn't bring them if they did that, I don't know about the Marine. And obviously we saw like police using less lethals and then LASD also had some cops with M fours amongst their formations.
Speaker 4: And this is just about to like really expand outside of LA and California admidst anti ICE protests across Texas. Governor Greg Abbott just deployed the Texas National Guard, and on Tuesday night, I believe MSNBC broke the story that ICE is about to send special Response team quote unquote tactical units to five Democrat controlled areas, namely in New York City, Seattle, Chicago, Philadelphia, and northern Virginia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is like a swat team if you're not familiar.
Speaker 5: Like there was a DHSSRT that ended up responding in too, that South Park protest in San Diego that we mentioned last week or the week before.
Speaker 4: As of Wednesday, there's already been protests this week and over half US states. This will certainly continue throughout the weekend. At least for LA. On Tuesday night, the mayor announced an eight pm curfew in downtown Los Angeles. That were mass arrests Tuesday night, hundreds of people. I think the other advantage that this kind of rolling sequence model that we've seen with like San Diego, Minneapolis, Chicago, LA is that not only does it give people time to like iterate on tactics, it also gives people a break. If anyone who survived twenty twenty, like you know how how intense burnout can be from just doing that all the time. Yeah, and having the built in brakes where you can like recover physically and mentally while iterating on tactics, that could be interesting to see.
Speaker 6: I think also this one thing we should notice about this, which is that like there's a very clear actual thing you're trying to do here, which is stop them from taking these people. And even if you fail to immediately take someone, they stop them taking someone in the moment. Every single like second they're having to do dealing with this shit means that they're not doing it. Yeah, so you're you're degrading their capacity. Yeah, exactly. The time is like the most valuable asset year. Yeah. And and like obviously again like the larger goals you want to like expel, Like you know, like one of the most common things I'm hearing from people is just like ice out of the city, right, Like we don't want them to be doing these raids, but every every time they're forced to like actually face resistance when they're doing the raid makes it much much harder for them to do what they have to start planning for there to be resistance to the rage, which slows them down. And yeah, everything you could do to put fucking wrenches into the gears until the machine breaks is good. And there's a there's a very clear path from A to B, two C in a way that they're kind of aren't. Like. It doesn't rely on politicians doing stuff. It just relies on us stopping them.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah doing stuff.
Speaker 5: The city of Glendale did cancel its detention contract with ICE, right, so they won't be detaining people there. So like a little bit of progress there. And Gavin Newsom has said some shit about the deployment of the National Guard and California as far the court case, like Newsom has not done everything in his power to stop that.
Speaker 3: But it's Gavin Newsom. What do you expect?
Speaker 5: I'll be back in the ela of things continue there. But it's certainly the biggest protest we've seen this time around in the Trump administration.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go and break and come back to discuss more news.
Speaker 5: We are back, and unlike people from twelve countries who will not be coming back to the United States for the foreseeable future because the Trump administration has announced.
Speaker 3: A new travel ban.
Speaker 5: The form of the travel ban is basically, anyone who applies for a visa or is in the process of applying for a visa currently, if they are from one of these twelve countries is unable to obtain a visa to the United States. Right the twelve countries, seven have partial restrictions, and then the full ban is on Afghanistan, Myanmar, Chad, the Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrere, Haiti, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen. And then Borundi, Cuba, Laos, Sierra Leone, Togo, Turkmenistan, and Venezuela have like a higher barrier right and some visas are not available to them.
Speaker 4: Is an interesting inclusion there, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: They looked at two criteria.
Speaker 5: E seems because Trump made an executive order at the start of his presidency like looking to identify countries for a travel ban. The two criteria they had were visa over stay percentages and the quote unquote not having a competent central authority to cooperate with vetting, right, So, like you can't do a background check on someone if their country doesn't have that facility. It's a claim, right. I think they got vanmar On visa overst eight percentages. It's worth noting, right that they use percentages and not raw numbers for a reason, because, yeah, a certain percentage of Burmese people may overstay their visa. I think it's twenty seven point one percent. That amounts to five hundred and forty three individuals. If we look at, for instance, France, these are twenty twenty three numbers. About zero point six percent of French people overstay their visa. That amounts to nine one hundred and eighty two individuals. Right, So, like a percentage is great, but if a big percentage of a small thing is still a small thing. Yeah, this is how they're attempting to justify it though in terms of bulletproofing it through the courts. Obviously, they didn't have the best luck with their travel ban in the first administration, so using this tactic is one that they're hoping will justify it.
Speaker 3: Will it will stick the landing through the courts.
Speaker 5: Should add that they have some exemptions right, existing visa holders who are currently within the United States can remain in the United States.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: In practice, lots of these countries only get single entry visas, so it might be hard for them to leave and come back. But it's sometimes I've heard it reported that all these people, like people from these countries can no longer come to the United States, will be in the United States, and that's not true. There are exemptions for people who are dual citizens. There are exemptions for adoptive children. There are exemptions for ethnic and religious minorities in Iran. There are exemptions for sports teams because the United States thing, well, the United States is holding the World Cup and the Olympics, right, yeah, so like it would be something of a fascical spectacle if you know, nineteen countries were not represented. I mean, the Olympic Games is something of a fascal spectacle to begin with, one could argue, but yeah, they didn't want that, right, they didn't want that like international spectacle. So a professional athlete visa is hard to get at the best of times, so that is a high bar, but those ones still seem to be available. And then there's also exemptions for SIV wrote special immigrant visas. These are people who have worked closely with the United States. The vast bulk of them will be Afghan people, people who worked as interpreters or otherwise cooperated with the United States during the twenty years the United States was at.
Speaker 3: War in Afghanistan.
Speaker 5: Again, I've seen that mis reported, including by people who really should know better. But you know, I'm never not disappointed in a lot of people's immigration coverage. This will be challenging court, right, but I think they have gone some way to trying to make this a bit more bulletproof than they did before. And it is concerning that they seem to have a better chance. Obviously pretty concerning, especially for US, you know, with our extensive reboarding on Burma or Mihanmar, that those people can't come here and be safe. Yeah, that's a travel man in a nutshell, I guess.
Speaker 6: Also, I think it's worth noting so like this is just an expanded version Well, I guess it's like a little bit of differences, but it's basically an expanded version of the Muslim band from his first term.
Speaker 5: Yeah, with some new countries, and I think maybe the removal of some countries from previously.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And like it's worth noting that, like in Trump. One like that immediately caused the airport protests, which were like the first big protests of the administration that were extremely effective until people like went home. And this time it's basically not been a news story because we're so far along that the protests have been about like ices dragging our neighbors away, and yeah, I just think that's fucking bad as shit. And also the airport protests, like, we're really effective.
Speaker 3: They some of the more effective protests in those years. Yeah, yeah, I am yea.
Speaker 5: I did see a flyer for an airport protest, but I've seen no evidence of one's occurring.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I had heard that there was going to be one on Monday, but that it just like didn't happen, So I don't know what's going on with that. Yeah, but that was a thing that was pretty effective, and they also didn't eat the shirt of everyone for most of it, which was nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well Mia, talking of beats, how about we dropped some beats right now with this sick tariff song.
Speaker 4: Great work, James, thank you, thank you, Rocking Jazz Rocket Jazz Bot Sorry Rocket Jazz Rocking Jazz bo.
Speaker 6: The Donald Trump has apparently, according to him, resolved that the trade war with China. He's planning the negotiation one he's claiming, he's.
Speaker 4: Claiming victory, mission accomplished. Ye the claim that.
Speaker 6: He's making out of the out of the London negotiations. And I want to point out that I have not heard anything from the Chinese side. It's possible there will be soft from the Chinese side by the time this episode comes out. It's possible this whole deal will have collass by the time this comes out. It seems like the deal is that US maintains tariffs at fifty five percent, which is what they're at right now, China maintains ten percent tariffs, and then China ensures US access to rare earth metals, and then the US does Trump was talking about the US not actually doing a crackdown on like Chinese international students. So who knows what the fuck is going to happen with any of that. That is the reporting that's coming out right now. I don't know. Quite frankly, I am skeptical this is going to hold. I again, like, I don't I don't know if, like in two days when this episode comes out of any of this is going to be true because again, we have heard nothing from the Chinese side. It has all been from Trump, so who the fuck knows. But yeah, that's that. That is. That is the late of tariff news. This is a kind of short one.
Speaker 4: That's that's what we've got. That's exciting. That's exciting that we won. Trade is back. I can go back to buying everything I owned from Timu, no problem.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I give my usual disclaimer that fifty percent tariff on China is like fucking ruinous the global economy, et cetera, et cetera. I do genuinely hope that, like the Chinese international students are getting cracked out on because Jesus fucking Christ, those poor kids. All of these policies are tied together in this sort of like unhinged like American Nationalist Project etctera, et cetera. They're all connected. They hate us all and yay, really really fun time to be a Chinese trans woman in the US.
Speaker 4: WHOA, Okay, it's also fun to enjoy the COVID vaccine because we might not get it for much longer. I guess I'll do a brief update on an episode I did with Cave a few weeks ago. So RFK has now dismissed the entirety of the ACIP, the CDC's Vaccine Advisory Committee that has just been completely dissolved. This happened on Tuesday. That was the big theory that Cave had is that if that panel gets dissolved, that that was kind of the last line of defense with like reasonable people being in charge of COVID vaccine recommendations at the CDC. And that has gone And just a few minutes ago, RFK Junior announced the replacements. And i'd have not had enough time to look into all these guys because this was literally just thirty minutes ago, But at least half of them are at the very least what would be considered a COVID vaccine skeptic. Oh crazy cool, right wing libertarian types, people who have been dismissed from their academic positions. Basically, it's who you would expect RFK two to submit to a vaccine advisory panel. The very least half are like cranks. I will try to look into the rest of these guys in the future. We should probably do a full follow up episode eventually on the new panel. So not looking good on the COVID vaccine front.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we also have very bad news from the S which instead of, like you know, I don't know, like I know, crypto scams are supposed to be the SEC's thing, but I feel like the FCC also should have fucking things for crypto scams. But instead of instead of going after the fucking crypto scams, what they're doing is they're gonna hold like meetings basically with what is I'm assuming is going to be a bunch of the most unhingedy transgrifters and anti trans like packs, frauds, and violent bigots.
Speaker 4: Notably not trans people. Yeah, yeah, they will not be included, no for the statements.
Speaker 6: No trans people, no trans people, No, no, no, no. They're looking into ways to do like FCC investigations for like deceptive marketing practices for any doctor and also parents for some reason, which how the fuck is you're going after a parent for defective marketing? What the fuck are you doing here? But anyone who like gives a child's any kind of trans healthcare.
Speaker 4: I mean, is it specifically trans healthcare or are they trying to like specify like surgical procedures because I've seen some like Mixtra on this.
Speaker 6: It's unclear right now. The wording that I saw was so ambiguous that I think it could be anything, but I don't know. And this is I think one of the things it's not clear that they know right now, right like it's all just really really up in the air. What the fuck this is going to turn into or if this is even when he turned into anything, we had that whole at the beginning of Pride, the FBI was like, hey, you can report like doctors doing like trans healthcare here too. Things. Yeah, and some of these have not really turned into anything yet.
Speaker 4: The anti wilk FBI soliciting tips for people providing trans healthcare.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, So like, I don't know, we'll put a pin in that one to see if some fucking horrible stuff happens out out of there. That's, you know, one of the next giant anti trans things that they're doing, as all of the anti immigrant stuff happens, as they fucking make vaccines illegal.
Speaker 4: Like it's so much of the trends DUFF specifically is like just the chilling effect that it's trying to scare people away from providing people with the health care that they need to live faffillian lives and it's working.
Speaker 6: Like there are there are lots of clinics that have like fucking stopped and if you if you are one of the people at these clinics, fuck you eat shit well.
Speaker 4: And I think that is where people can apply pressure to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. So I was gonna say, yeah, it's like there have been protests.
Speaker 4: You're not going to change the mind of the Trunk administration on this topic at this point, but you can apply pressure to people who are feeling like they're too they're too scared to actually provide healthcare, and they can be reminded that no, it is their duty to provide people with health care.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and and people have successfully gotten clinics to start to restart like trans healthcare for kids by just going out and protesting. This is a This is also just like if you're I don't know, you're in like a blue city and you don't know immigrants, and you're like, I want to do a protest, this is the thing you can do. You can find there's one in Chicago right now that I'm blanking on the name of where there's there's a bunch of protests. Yeah, but like you can find the clinics that are refusing to do this, and you can go fucking protest them, and this can and will work.
Speaker 5: We've spoken on the show before to healthcare workers who are like very dedicated to keeping the provision of gender affirming care. So like, if you want to listen to more, you can hear that. You can hear how folks are organizing to retect that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and all of those people are fucking heroes, even if they probably won't be remembered as such for a long time, but they are and keep doing it and keep the fight up.
Speaker 4: Let's go and break and then return to finish up on an exciting piece of news.
Speaker 1: Hooray, Okay, we are back.
Speaker 4: So as usual, a massive, massive news dropped right after we finished recording last week's Executives, and that is the Elon Musk Donald Trump breakup story got a lot more messy. So this is what we're going to close on, possibly one of our last Stinky Musk segments.
Speaker 6: But I fucking know it, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: We'll never forget you.
Speaker 6: Eat on.
Speaker 4: Oh uh, miyah.
Speaker 6: Do you wanna do you wanna start us off here? Yeah, let's let's start this off with Okay, I have been seeing. This has kind of stopped now that Elon has kind of like run crying back the Trump. But like, let's see, there was a there was a moment where a lot of the like like Matt Iglacias, like a lot of the sort of like reasonable Democrats or whatever we're trying to be, like we should try to recruit Musk into the coulition.
Speaker 4: Now was a scary moment.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I want to remind everyone this is the guy who did two Nazi saluted the inauguration two two of them. He did one and then he did a second one. People have forgotten that he also did the second Nazi Like Census administration came into office. He has spent this time destroying the federal government. He has spent this time terrorizing like government employees, just shutting down fucking important government institutions. Enormous numbers of people are going to die because of the things that he's done, like the shutting down to USAID, particularly like the vaccine programs, the anticha V programs. You know, like he's just been doing all of the shift for this entire time, right, he has been just systematically looting and tearing apart anything in the US federal government that even can remotely do anything for a person from again, everything from like HIV prevention to like destroying a bunch of the apparatus that like figures out what the weather is going to be and tells you when storms are coming. Yeah, he has been fucking doing that.
Speaker 4: Well, like Mia, the weather is woke. You can't you can't forget the woke weather machines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: I just had a meeting with the Southeast Alliance where we're deciding the weather for the next few weeks. Fucking God, make it less hot here. It's too fucking hot weather, too hot. I know, well, we have to raise the temperature.
Speaker 6: It's all.
Speaker 4: It's all part of the data plan, large scale political plan. That's right, you get it, James, Yeah, full of the plan.
Speaker 6: More he more riots, I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 6: Okay. It's also remembering that these two were very very close sort of like during this election cycle, right, Trump was just straight up going for Buddy, was just I mean, he's just just like straight up in Philadelphia, like paying people to vote through these like raffles. Elon Elon, Yeah, Elon was just like, yeah, straight up doing these right, Trump just.
Speaker 4: Like did a tesla ad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it's like he just did a tesla ad.
Speaker 4: They first buddy has gotta gotta have each other's backs, you know.
Speaker 3: Never say that again.
Speaker 6: So there had started to be a little bit of tension between them, like as the tariff sort of mounted, because the tariffs are you know, not good for Elon. I think things kind of came to a head when Elon tried to buy the Wisconsin Supreme Court election and just got his ass kicked harder than anyone I've ever seen get just absolutely thumped.
Speaker 4: And this is where the policy wonk sector of the right was starting to like side eye Elon and question his like yeah, yeah, invincibility, right, this this this this guy that can come in and like save the Republican Party, can secure every future election. That's where that I like view of Elon started to really get called into question. Maybe this guy is kind of just a one hit wonder.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And and and you can also look at a lot of the stuff that was sort of happening here in terms of like she is staggeringly unpopular, right, everyone fucking hates him, and like the Democratic Party did a really bad job of this. But like just like the party's base and the Tesla protests were very effective and like negative, yea polarizing opinion of him. Negative, people really really dislike him.
Speaker 4: Like worldwide, Yeah, everyone hates it.
Speaker 7: She cost right wing parties elections and countries that like, yeah, he's never been taggering staggering like she she may have accidentally saved Germany from fascism for like a decade. Why, it's very funny, you know, critical support to the to the fascist carmaker who saves Germany from fascist Yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: And then so okay, so we've we've been coming up to like the end of his appointment as like a special what the fuck was the name of the term special government employeecial government employee? Oh it was special. I was gonna say that. Then I was like, it can't be called special government employee.
Speaker 4: We call it a sidge Ski ski Gay. Well, James, you can't say that, No, no, you can't.
Speaker 3: I've been canceled.
Speaker 6: But there was always a question of like what exactly his role is going to be going forward once his time as a special government employee like ran out, Yeah, but then he leaves with Steven Miller's.
Speaker 8: Wife, so as we reported in previous episodes, But the final break came over the weekend over the.
Speaker 4: Budget, big beautiful budget, and Elon.
Speaker 6: Has been pissed off at this budget for like a while, and over the weekend he finally starts straight up doing like kill the budget posting and telling people to like call their senators to kill the budget instead of just saying it's bad. And this is I think actually an important thing to note here.
Speaker 4: Like like actively campaigning against the budget bill and yeah yeah, which is essentially Trump's like core policy at this point. It's like the way to the way to push through a whole bunch of the stuff that he can't just do himself as president. Yep, is just trojanhorse through this budget bill.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah. And and and then this gets too, I think something that's like a kind of important split in the Republican Party right now about this budget, which is that like Musk is a is a budget deficit true believer, right, Like yes, he and his guls are trying to destroy the federal government because like ideologically they don't think it should really exist except for like as a tool to hand the money, as a tool to like shoot people who they don't like but he is part of this caudra of tech people. And this is very very common in these tech circles. And you see that in some finance circles of these people who believe that the US is about to like enter like the super Great depression because the amount of the GDP being spent on debt payments is too high, and so they think if they don't like stop this right now, And this is partially why they are trying to like crash the economy, because they thought that if you crash the economy and he did all this terrift stuff or like whatever it would it would decrease the cost of of US borrowing. Now that didn't happen, right, The interest rates of the bond shot up because everyone was like, holy fuck, these like absolute maniacs aren't gonna pay their debt. So you know, none of the shit is working. But they are like true believers on this, yeah right, And this is again this is very very very common in tech circles. Like these people who like are are really like, oh God, the US is gonna die unless we like yeah, like unless we start just like destroying the national debt.
Speaker 4: And the whole doge idea is built around like Terminal Tech Brain, and it's it's trying to apply the logic of these like startups that are kind of scams, but trying to apply the logic of startups to an entire government. And there was an interview INPR this week where they talked to a DOGE employee.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, he has an ex DOGE employee.
Speaker 4: And NPR asked about how much fraud and abuse they were actually able to find, and he said, quote, I did not find the federal government to be rife with waste, fraud and abuse. I was expecting some more easy wins. I was hoping for opportunity to cut waste, fraud and abuse. And I do believe that there is a lot of waste. There's minimal amounts of fraud and abuse to me feels relatively non existent. And the reason is, I think we have a bias as people coming from the tech industry where we worked at companies you know, such as Google, Facebook, These companies that have plenty of money, are funded by investors and have lots of people kind of sitting around and doing nothing on growth. So his idea that the government must be full of like fraud and abuse is because that's just how tech companies work, and he assumed that the government works the same as a tech company. Yeah, and I think Elon have uwsed this the exact same way. That's why he was doing his like Twitter takeover stuff to the government, is he believed that's how it actually functions, and it doesn't. That's not really how the federal bureaucracy functions. Like like these people have just like eaten the fucking kool aid, right, Like none of the Republicans actually believed that, like the US like economy functions like a pocketbook, Like none of them believe that you're because it's not true, right, Like you don't print your own money, so of course the US government doesn't find some like pocketbook. But like, this is the generation of people where like the people who are just so absolutely pilled on the ideology have taken over.
Speaker 6: But on the other hand, there is Trump, and Trump doesn't give off fuck about any of this, right, Like the faction that Trump here is representing is the faction of capitalists who just wants tax cuts. You don't give off fuck about like all of this weird tech brain stuff. Like they elected Trump with the mandate of handing them trillions of dollars in these formula tax cuts, and that's all they care about. And we're getting a giant conflict between them because as much as Trump has just sort of been like lying about the budget numbers or whatever the fuck, if you're one of these actual budget lock people, you can just look at the budget and go, this is going to increase the debt by like two trillion dollars or whatever the fuck, right, And it's revealed a sort of pre existing source of tension inside of the base between the sort of tech people and a lot of the rest of sectors are capital which aren't as ideologically pilled. So let's get into all of the actual shit because it's very funny. So Business Insider put together a really good minute by minute timeline if you want to do that. I'm not going through this shit minute by minute.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna go through minute by minute. I am. I am going to go through tweet by tweet tweet because we have to talk about the tweets. The first time I've ever really wanted to say that. Yeah, the first big tweet, and this was you know, amongst Elon crashing out about the budget bill and talking about how he's going to cancel certain SpaceX SpaceX projects. But the first big tweet from Elon was time to drop the really big bomb at real Donald Trump is in the Epstein files. That is the real reason they have not been made public. Have a nice day, Donald J.
Speaker 3: Trump.
Speaker 4: Mark this place. In the future, the truth will come out. So this is this is the really big one, as Elon says, the really big Bob.
Speaker 6: I actually think this, in the long run could be one of the most important aspects of this entire fight. Because the right is incredibly conspiracy brains. They've all been like hyped up on this, like Epstein pill shit and like like specifically on like the Trump's gonna release Epstein files and show all the Democrats right, But they've always had like the psychological block about talking about the fact that like Trump and Epstein are the most connected motherfuckers anyone's ever been. I'm gonna read this. There's a very famous quote from a New York magazine article that's like Trump talking to a bunch of people at like a meeting. Quote. I've known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy, Trump booms from a speakerphone. He's a lot of fun. To be with it. Has even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side, no doubt about it. Jeffrey enjoys his social life. So like he knew, right he was transmitting for ages, Yeah, some two and two, Like he's he's on Epstein's fucking.
Speaker 4: Plain like he is, like everyone knows this, right, like everyone except everyone knows this right, everyone except for like the weirdo QAnon, right, yeah, understands this. And some of the young people try to justify this as being like, no, Trump was like, you know, a deep mold, a deep plant who got in close with with Epstein so that we could eventually round up and arrest all the Democrat pedophiles. Right, That's what they try to justify it. But now that that sort of like specific QAnon logic doesn't really exist as much on the right anymore. Yeah, now people just like memory hole, especially the right, They just memory hole that like Trump and Epstein were best buddies.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and like and and this is the thing, it's been impossible we'll talk about on the right, you just can't do it, right. Yeah, And suddenly Elon Musk, who is a guy who like is capable of shifting what right wing discourse is. Its suddenly like, yeah, this guy's a pedophile. I want to read this. This, this post that Trump made has response to this, right I missed this when this happens. I've only seen this in the business inside of reporting, so on truth social Trump's response to this was to post it or to truth the truth.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Of David Shown, who tweeted this quote. I was hired to lead Jeffrey Fstein's defense as his criminal lawyer nine days before he died. He sought my advice for months before that. I can authoritatively, unequivocally and definitively say he has no information to hurt President Trump. I specifically asked him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that sounds legit.
Speaker 6: This is one of the most unhinged posts I have ever seen. This genuinely, this is this is not a joke. If you if you are a fucking poster and you are like, what can my contribution to like the future of democracy be? You need to push this shit into the unhinged like fucking like the depths of like fucking eight chan right like into into like the fucking breeding layers of the most unhinged reutling spaces in the world. You need to be going in and just injecting this shit straight into their fucking brains. You you need to be like like just like just just hyping them up on the most unhinged conspiracies about Trump being like a fucking like being a fucking Epstein guy, because this is completely unhinged, Like, what do you mean. His defense lawyer, who was hired nine days before he died, is supposed to have specifically asked him about Trump and Trump's response to being called a pedophile as you go to this guy fucking inject that shit into right wing discourse. We know four chan does this the leftist discourse all the time and injects like the worst discourses of all time. Fucking do it to them.
Speaker 4: It is odd how this was really the first thing that breaks through this block on the right. You had to You had Alex Jones like freaking out on Twitter being quote, God help us.
Speaker 3: All, Kanye, Oh yay.
Speaker 4: Kanye was freaking out, Turn was crashing out on the timeline. It was really bizarre. Trump's immediate response was saying, quote, I don't mind Elon turning against me, but he should have done so months ago, this is one of the greatest bills ever presented to Congress, and then goes on to talk about how great the bill is. It's wild. You had I Miles Chong tweeting about versus the president who will win My money is on Elon Trump should be impeached and JD. Van should replace him with Elon Musk boosting this claim saying yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: It's pretty good. It says pretty funny.
Speaker 4: Something that's extremely indicative of the current cultural moment that we are at is during this spat, when when things really broke out on Twitter and truth social during during this spat, both the Vice President of the United States and the director of the FBI were on two separate podcasts and got to live react to this very funny Unfortunately, I am going to play the clip. I will start with JD. Vance reacting live on a podcast by someone named THEO Vaughn.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 9: Here's here's my basic reaction to like all this stuff is luck. First of all, like absolutely not. Donald Trump didn't do anything wrong with Jeffrey Epstein. Like there's the guy is whatever the Democrats and the media says about him, that's totally bs. Here here's my basic my basic read on it. First of all, I'm the vice President's the President Trump. My loyalties are always going to be with the President. And I think that Elon, he's an incredible entrepreneur. He's actually done I think does was really good. This sort of effort to root out waste fraud abuse in our country is really good. And and and look, man, I'm always going to be loyal to the President, and I hope that eventually Elon kind of comes back into the fold. Maybe that's not possible now because he's gone, so nuclear hope it is.
Speaker 4: Do you know why?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean so, look, I think number one, Elon's new to politics, right, So part of it is this guy got into politics and it's has suffered a lot for it. But I mean, I and I get the frustration there, and I get the frustration that me. Look, Congress got the spending bill, but the main purpose of the bill is not actually spending or cutting spending, though it does cut a lot of spending. The main purpose of the bill is to prevent the biggest tax increase. But I understand, like it's a good bill, it's not a perfect bill. Like the process in DC if you're a business leader, you probably get frustrated with that process because it's more you know, bureaucratic, it's more slow moving. So I think there's just some frustrations there. But I really, man, I think it's a huge mistake for him to go after the president like that, and I think that if he and the president are in some blood feud, most importantly, it's going to be bad for the country. But I think it's going to be I don't think it's going to be good for Elon either.
Speaker 4: So that's jd Vance's reaction to this. He eventually got put onto like damage control. We'll talk about that in a sec. What is more interesting to me is cash Ptel's reaction because Patel has been taking fire from the right for being a little bit soft on the promise of releasing the full Epstein files, trying to downplay the tent at the files and say there's really nothing in there that's super notable, and this has gotten him in trouble because him and people like Dan Bongino have for years made a living out of talking about how the Epstein files is going to, you know, ruin the Democratic Party. They have they have all of this evidence all this footage, and now that these guys are in power, they're simply not talking about this issue. And this has got some of the qan On right upset and cash Footel's reaction to this is is frankly baffling. I'm not participating in that conversation.
Speaker 6: Have a nice day, DD so much takets fall away.
Speaker 3: Are going back and forth about different things.
Speaker 6: And yeah, he said he was disappointing Elon. Yeah, I want to leave Jesus Christ. That's a crazy thing to say. How does he know? Does he know that Donald Trump is in the Epstein files or does he have access to them?
Speaker 1: I don't know how he would, But I'm just staying out of the Trump Elon thing.
Speaker 3: That's way outside of my life. I know my lane, and that.
Speaker 4: Ain't What do you mean? This isn't your lane. You're the director of the FBI, you are in charge of the Epstein files. This specifically is your lane. This, this one thing is actually your lane. It's unhinged. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: His big thing now is yes to wear a hunting camera all the time. I guess it's his new lane.
Speaker 4: So after the heat of this started to die down, you started to get more of the right try to, I guess, soothe the tension. A lot of a lot of people trying to trying to talk about coming together. You had right wing commentators trying to frame this as two alpha males beefing right this this is this is just how you just how alpha male's.
Speaker 3: Beef we got. We've got to quote some of these because.
Speaker 4: Jack Pasovic famously said, some of y'all can't handle two high agency males going at it, and it really shows this is direct communication, fallow centric versus indirect communication. Guy nocentric, I understand you aren't used to it. Wonderful stuff from Pasovic as usual. Yeah, you also had our friends at the New Norm posting videos about trying to solve this dispute through a dancing competition. Roll the clip.
Speaker 6: Can't we all just get along?
Speaker 2: We've got to cut you to say.
Speaker 4: Hey, I do find it odd that a lot of people's innate reaction after the heat died down was even if Elon Musk is semi credibly accusing the president of being a pedophile. Can't we just all get along together? I don't know why we can't just get along? This is this is hurting the country, and Elon's like remark about Trump being in the files is in and of itself just kind of baffling from Elon's perspective, because he was bragging in tweets about how he is responsible for Trump being elected, and Trump was then having to respond to that by claiming that they would have won the election without Elon, but Elon was saying that without him, Trump would have lost the election right after he called him a pedophile, which is super interesting because it's essentially Musk saying, I'm fine with making sure a pedophile gets elected president, but I draw the line at a bad spending bill. Yeah, yeah, that's that's really what is too much for him. The implication is that if he didn't get essentially shafted from the White House, he just would have kept this a secret. And he's like okay with working with Trump otherwise except for the bad bill, and ye maybe he's maybe he's butt heard about Trump threatening to terminate his governmental subsidies and contracts, but like, come on, Elons, this is crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, not the most well considered.
Speaker 5: It is fantastic that the richest man in the world is addicted to posting, because we get some real we get some real banging posters.
Speaker 4: Poster's madness. It never never fails.
Speaker 6: I gotta say though, Trump's posting response terrible. This guy has washed There's nothing there. He's fucking gone mentally like he could have fucking get Like even twenty twenty, Trump just destroys him in one tweet like none of this is He's there's nothing left there. He's a shell. Now.
Speaker 4: They have now been making attempts to fold the team back together. It was reported recently that actually on Friday night, which was the day after this spat on unfolded on Twitter, but a Friday night jd Vance and Whiteouse chief of staff Susie Willis had a call with Elon to de escalate the conflict. Eventually, Elon started deleting some of his more inflammatory tweets about the president coward and has now posted quote, I regret some of my posts about President Trump last week. They went too far.
Speaker 3: I said the thing that wasn't supposed to say.
Speaker 4: So he got us stern talking to by jd Vance, who is kind of caught in between Trump and Musk here but has stated that his loyalties will will always lie with the President. So yeah, that is the current state of the Musk and Trump fallout, it will not be able to go back to how it was, but they might try to play nice again. Yep, I think that does it for us. Here at it could Happen Here, we reported the news.
Speaker 3: We reported the news.
Speaker 10: It could Happen Here is a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website coolzonmedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can now find sources for It Could Happen here listed directly in episode descriptions. Thanks for listening.