Speaker 1: We gotta have the CEO of tart On here. I have asked her to come on. She has gotten herself in hot water on TikTok because creators said that they weren't treated fairly. Maureen went on TikTok. She's blocked a lot of people to talk about this. She has not blocked me, probably because I have this podcast and she wouldn't block me. And she seems like a smart woman and she's been smart to do these influencer trips and connect with her influencers. The problem is you can't be the influencer and be the CEO. It was hard for even Andy to be the talent and be the executive, and he kind of had to give up his executive hat and become the talent. This is different because this is like you're a CEO and then you're just like a young twenty four year old influencer doing shots and hanging out on one of these party trips. So Maureen was hanging out with these trips and getting the big his influencers and being one of them and hanging out with him in Dubai and that's when she really started getting popular on TikTok. And it's addictive. It's addictive to be popular on TikTok. But she's the CEO of a major, major beauty brand, and she made a mistake because she started twirling her hair and doing makeup when she apologized for the inequality on the Tart trips, and so then people were infuriated because she was twirling her hair and doing makeup talking about something so serious as a CEO. And then you saw her have to do an apology on behalf of the brand and she was like, it was I that made the video and I chose to do it this way, and I wanted to take a casual approach because Tart was like, get that shit off of us as a brand, we don't want you know, she has investors and it's a major brand, and they were like that was not a good move, and that's you and you are separating from the brand. So it's a fascinating thing because easy come, easy go on this one. I don't know if, like the criticism of the Dubai trip which got the millions in views and everyone talking about it that seemed to have sold their shape tape concealer and products, I don't know if this one is good for the brand. You could talk about people being overserved, not even you can't talk about serious matters, and that begs the question, can you be the CEO and also be the talent? Can you be the CEO and also be the cool influencer. Somebody has to be the big sister, Somebody has to be the hall monitor. Somebody has to be the grown up, and it's not a twenty four year old influencer. And I'm also thinking about these trips being dangerous with all the alcohol now that gets crazy on Housewives trips, and they are professionals that have been doing this for years with the right amount of insurance and taking it seriously. I don't know that Tart has the level of experience that a Housewives production has, which still got fucked when we went to Columbia. I have to talk about Columbia. And we went to Columbia and there were no life rafts on our boats and the boat got hit.
Speaker 2: By a big wave.
Speaker 1: Like shit goes sideways on trips, and then you add then you add alcohol, and then you add different countries like Turks and Caicos is not it's not in the United States. Shit go sideways. Shit go sideways. It's cool till it's not so. I think these influenza trips are also unrelatable.
Speaker 2: Influencers get tons of free shit.
Speaker 1: Now you invite them on a trip where they're gonna get more free shit and a hotel room full of free shit, with the understanding, with the wink and the hair flip that these girls are going to post about all this free shit in their room from different brands, from the brand itself. It's taken them there and they're working. You could say they're not working, they're getting free shit, They're on a free trip. They feel the need to post they're working. It's a return on investment for this brand. The brand did not invite them because it's a charitable act. The brand invited them because they're going to post and the trip alone is going to be brand recognition and people are going to buy tart other products. So it's just a little gross. I suggested to a big brand, why don't you take people on influencer trips to do charitable work. Take influencers. They could do their very light SPF makeup. You know, during the summer in Puerto Rico, when you deliver water purification systems or give mayors cash cards or give people supplies for their homes, or you go to Ukraine and you help people and you still get you still raise awareness for the brand because the brand did a give back and they get positive feel good awareness. The influencers get positive feel good awareness because they themselves are doing good and they're raising money for a charity and for a group of people who is so poor, so devastatingly poor, and has lost everything, and the influencers will get attention because they gave back. It's a win win win for everyone, a win win win for everyone. But no, let's go away to Miami where slutty bikinis, let's get free shit in our room, where we get free shit at home.
Speaker 2: Let's brag.
Speaker 1: Let's brag and be given big suitcases to carry home all or free shit that we could get at home. And let's have more shit. And let's go on a waste, a booze filled vacation where people feel like they're being treated poorly, where people at home feel even shittier than the people inside the house being treated poorly because the people at home don't get free shit, nor can they afford to go to Turks and caicos nor will they ever get free shit. So they don't get to get free shit. They don't get to go with pretty people and act like, you know, they're fabulous, And they also feel worse about themselves because they're being bragged to do something good the same resources and get the same amount of attention and the same amount of branding.
Speaker 2: But help someone.
Speaker 1: So I like over here telling you about the things you're probably not hearing about, because TikTok, as I've told you, is another planet and things are happening over there that.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't know.
Speaker 1: So why because they take people on these influencer trips, and our young generation is going to support and buying more shit than ever. And they're watching TikTok and they don't realize that it's like watching a commercial on television, except that no one's telling you that it's a commercial. So when you're watching the Super Bowl and a commercial comes out, you know something's being sold. They may entertain you and as a result, you want to buy the thing of selling or inform you, but you're aware it's a commercial. And when we were kids, it used to be brought to you by these messages, like you knew that it was a commercial that it was so direct. So now we've gotten to the point where there are integrations into shows. You'll see someone holding a Coca cola or wearing a suitcase or something like that, and that's kind of a little sketch. And then you have influencers saying paid, but you have a lot of influencers that are being paid and that are filtering themselves and that are lying and saying they like products because they have relationships and they're working with these people. So now you have brands after a pandemic when people weren't wearing makeup, they all bombed and died on the vine, they are coming back with a fucking vengeance. And these influencers are their actors in non paid commercials. For the most part, there's a lot of paid commercials, but they're getting this free talent. How are they getting the spree talent. They're treating them to giveaways and they're taking on these they're taking them on these amazing trips. So twenty four hours a day, if you're watching TikTok, you're watching commercial television. You're watching people that are filled stard and they're lying about a lot of shit that they think you should buy if you are watching, if you're invited on an Influenzier trip. I was invited on the Miami Formula one Tart Influenzer trip. I declined why they weren't paying me to go to go? I like Tart, Their stuff is good. There are a lot of brands I like, They're one of them, and they're doing a great job at their marketing. And they got into a lot of discussion, not controversy, about taking all these people to do buy and how much did the trip cost and the brand must lose money and the marketing directors losing money and it wasn't They were just printing money. And the stupid people on TikTok were saying that they're gonna get canceled and that the marketing head of marketing is gonna, you know, get fired because they were looking at a job listing somewhere where they were looking for more marketing people. At Tarret, people are talking about Tart non stop because of their due buy trip, that it was such a waste and it was disgusting and it was a popularity car. They were talking about Tart. They were fucking printing money and selling millions and millions of dollars the shit, and what does it cost them playing tickets, hotel rooms and influencers giving them gifts. These morens like it's millions of dollars, They're gonna go broke, so stupid. Like I'm a business person, I'm I'm smart, I know what it is and the minute I saw it, I'm like, this is fucking brilliant. So now Tart has done these trips to Miami and turks and goes and they're like market it as like season one, Season two Tart trip, which means one week it's a bunch of girls. Season two is the following week. Tart is taking people on a free trip to fucking move product for them. They are taking their top salespeople to move product. Say anything, by anything means necessary, lie to everybody and hawk this shit so they can make money. And they have good products and it's a good brand. But they are getting this labor for free. I won't even tell you what I would charge for them to take me to Miami for four days to hawk their shit or be on their trip, because it would be a real number. They don't need to pay me. They've got people that are twenty four years old with millions of followers, way more than I do, who are gonna hawk this shit for free. But Tart will cash the checks. This will not hurt them in the least and everybody that's talking about it is making them more money. And they keep doing it because that's what TikTokers know to do. They don't have at it look at the big picture.
Speaker 2: They think.
Speaker 1: They think that fifty million people looking at Mikayla's miscara video is going to cancel her, when in fact it blew her up. Her video for Laoreal Miscara with her wearing fake eyelashes got.
Speaker 2: Fifty over fifty million views.
Speaker 1: Who's winning the brand is winning, heart is winning no matter what, Bet my life on it.