Speaker 1: Before we get into today's brand new Second Date update, we just got to read some of the amazing comments that our listeners are leaving. No Vollio wrote, I just looked at the merch and it's so pretty, they said, I just bought it and cannot wait to wear it.
Speaker 2: I love the design and I'm currently in my hoodie era.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, so thank you so much, sorry for letting you spend all your money. But remember one proceeds are going to a great cause that is the La Wildfire Relief thanks to, of course, Convoy of Hope, a great, great organization. We don't get a penny from this, No nothing.
Speaker 2: Your hoodie and donating area. Yeah era era, you got it, you got It's a little drunk.
Speaker 1: And Rosetta wrote, whoa, the merch is truly gorgeous, tons of really cute emojis.
Speaker 2: I gotta get myself some more money to buy it. Yes, save up, All right, it will be.
Speaker 1: Offered only for a limited time and remember you can get it just use the link in.
Speaker 2: The show notes. And all right, let's get to your brand new second.
Speaker 3: Day, Yeah, second Date up date. The results are in. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, because recent studies have shown about fifty percent of couples now meet online compared to just twenty two percent only five years ago.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. That's a huge John. It's like the pandemic, like super.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it made a really normal, really quick Yeah. So now going forward, Brook, if you want to spice up the relationship with your husband, you're gonna have to make him a dating profile.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, you know, I think I could make him a really good one.
Speaker 3: I mean to be honest, Well, I think joke's on you. He already has one.
Speaker 2: Wait whoa apparently guy.
Speaker 3: You're looking for a third right now, according to him. And we're not going to go into that because I want to talk right now because to Jordy, the listener who wrote into our show because apparently he met a girl out in real life, bucking all of the latest trends, you're.
Speaker 2: The minority now, irl, Jeordy, good work.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, so where'd you meet this woman? So?
Speaker 4: I met Harper at this German bar.
Speaker 5: Actually, uh, you know, I was playing bachi ball. Do you guys know what that is?
Speaker 6: You have bought you ball on my rooftop of my apartment.
Speaker 3: Like you tossed big these like big colorful balls onto like a field and you try to toss other balls towards the ball.
Speaker 2: It's an Italian game playing at a German bar. But what happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, So you said her name was Harper?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, she was actually a waitress there.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, I assumed that she was going to be like playing in the stall next year or.
Speaker 5: Something like that.
Speaker 7: Right, No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: She was super cute, and I mean she was super helpful too, because I actually had to have this like long cock with her to tell her to cut off one of my drunk friends.
Speaker 2: Friend, you had to do it.
Speaker 1: Like nicely, like I told you, I'm sure that's happened to you and you just don't if you have good friends.
Speaker 3: If I think it probably makes you look kind of good to her because you seem like a responsible guy exactly.
Speaker 5: It's like watching Jerry Fringer. It's like you look better than those people.
Speaker 2: Oh can I ask real quick?
Speaker 1: Was there an indication that she was interested in you? Because cute waitresses get hit on all the time.
Speaker 3: And they smile and there everyone thinks they're getting brook tries to get them to be the third in her relationship.
Speaker 2: Harper. I mean, Harper is a hot name.
Speaker 3: But again, sorry, that is a conversation for another day. Tell us, how did you work Harper? That's not the right way.
Speaker 2: How did Jack?
Speaker 3: How did you get Harper to agree to a date?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 4: Well, I just simply asked her on the way out. I was like, look are you single? And she said who's asking?
Speaker 5: And I said I am good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I just said I'd love to take you out sometime, and she actually gave me her number.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, if we done this and it's our loser line, is.
Speaker 3: That your only meet up? Or did you guys actually have a date.
Speaker 5: No, no, we had a date.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it is her numbers.
Speaker 6: Because we all know she probably gave your number to get ridy.
Speaker 2: So what did you do?
Speaker 4: We went out for drinks, little food. You know, she looked amazing. I mean when she was like out of her waiter outfits.
Speaker 2: You didn't need to mention the second part.
Speaker 7: She knows.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I did have one embarrassing moment on the date.
Speaker 4: We tried to order some keyshe Lorraine, and I said, quickie, Loran, you know I didn't take French in high school, Like excuse me, Yeah, well, you're.
Speaker 6: Also clashing with the batch you ball in the Germans.
Speaker 2: Don't want to be elitist by being able to say keish.
Speaker 5: Tough. What was her reaction, She totally laughed it off.
Speaker 4: It was a little embarrassing, but after that, like, I think it kind of lightened the mood a little bit, and from there the.
Speaker 1: Date was great, especially if you can be self deprecating about it, you know what I mean, Like it could almost even turn into like your inside joke together.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the next thing, I speak German and then.
Speaker 3: You just ruin it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. So we actually like kissed at the end of the day, so that was nice.
Speaker 4: And she was the one who texted me that night saying that she got home safe and that she certain wait to see me.
Speaker 5: So whoa, Like, it seems super clear, right, Are.
Speaker 2: You sure you didn't read that wrong too?
Speaker 3: There's no way to read that I.
Speaker 5: Was in English, I think.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you've you've had a solid first date. You kissed her at the end of it. She's the one saying I can't wait to hang out again, and how long has it been?
Speaker 5: It's been like ten days or so, well.
Speaker 6: Something must have happened in her life, Like I already have a feeling this is not your fault.
Speaker 1: I oh, I can see that where I don't know, maybe work got crazy or there's a family emergency.
Speaker 3: She kindled something and was just like, yeah, but what's happened in those ten days? That's a long time. Have you asked her like what.
Speaker 5: Have you doe? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean there was one time where I thought one date was gonna work, but then she asked about a different date, So I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, all player came into her work.
Speaker 3: Might be Okay, Well, we can reach out to Harper for you and see if she agrees to going out with you one more time. If not, then you might have a backup. Often because Brooke and her husband.
Speaker 5: You know, but.
Speaker 2: Jeff not online.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we only like the online one.
Speaker 3: To be able to keep some distance. Sorry, but you know what, We'll work on Harper first and try and get you your second date update. Right after this second date update, we're in the middle of a second date update with our listener Jordy, and Jordy likes cute waitresses at German bachi ball bars. He likes to mispronounce keish lorraine just to seem vulnerable and flawed.
Speaker 2: How did he say something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, you said quickly? What did you say, Jordie, I said quick loran quickly. And he really likes to receive texts saying I can't wait to see you again, because that's exactly what is dade, Harper said to him after they went out. So why is she not jumping at the chance to hang out again?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's the one that said she wanted to Jeordy.
Speaker 3: You think there's another guy who mispronounces French words even worse than you do. Maybe that's her thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe, Yeah.
Speaker 6: He tried to order me a quabernet, having gone.
Speaker 3: Oh oh yeah, that's hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, I don't even know how you have mispronounced so much yeah pronounced.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, Harper's a really cute waitress. She probably has a lot of guys asking her out.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I bet she's saying no fifty times a day, every other table.
Speaker 2: It's so annoying.
Speaker 1: But that's why you're so special, is that she said yes to you and you guys had a great day.
Speaker 7: Issue she said, yeah, But like look, guys, if that's it, if that's the thing where she has another guy, like, just convince her that I'm a good guy, you know.
Speaker 2: In the five minutes we've spent with you, totally will vouch for you. Thank you, You're welcome, like.
Speaker 3: A good guy, honestly, not even kidding. Yeah, a lot of good guys insist how good they are. So we're just gonna trust you on that, and we're gonna call Harper. Let's see if she answers. Okay, I don't know you. I mean you seem nice from a little bit be spoken. Okay, you just stay where you're at, though, buddy, we don't know you that.
Speaker 2: Let's get her on the phone.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hey, is this Harper?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Who's calling?
Speaker 3: We're a radio show calling called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hi Harper.
Speaker 3: That half of the room isn't very excited to talk to you, obviously, but.
Speaker 2: I don't think she talked to us.
Speaker 3: This half of the room very good.
Speaker 2: I just don't want to come into jeff what are you calling for? See?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is this is something we do call the second Date Update. And one of our listeners named Jordi asked us to reach out to you?
Speaker 2: Were you anyone else?
Speaker 9: I said, what do you want me to say?
Speaker 3: Okay, we're just trying to help him out because according to Jeordi, he says he's been putting in a lot of effort trying to figure out a good time that would work for you to meet up just because he felt like you guys bonded connected.
Speaker 2: Is it just something where the schedules aren't aligning.
Speaker 9: No, there was just like a lot of effort.
Speaker 8: That's kind of a problem too much.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, can you elaborate?
Speaker 10: I mean, like on the surface when I met him, like I was working and then we went and hung out and like he was a good guy, and well that's what I was looking for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like he's what you were looking for. I mean, like I thought, so okay, so what changed?
Speaker 9: So we hung out and it It wasn't until after that I realized something was off.
Speaker 8: What Like I had every intention to go out again.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, what's the problem. Is it something about him?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: He gave me three options to hang out all in a row, like Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Speaker 8: Like why is he so available?
Speaker 3: Wait? What do you hold on?
Speaker 6: Did he want a three day date, or he was just like pick a day and we can do that one.
Speaker 9: No, he was like, these are all the days that I'm available, and I have to believe me and my friends do that. There's a guy between the age twenty four and thirty two ish. If they have that much time to hang out, it really means that he's a loser.
Speaker 3: Oh oh wait, wait a a loser. Wow, you're calling him a loser because he gave you multiple options of times where he wants to hang out because he likes you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because like they're all in a row, and it's like, Okay, he should be grinding away planning for his future, maybe not working or like working on a promotion or getting somewhere.
Speaker 1: Maybe he is like, in my mind, you're a waitress. So he's probably just trying to give you options because it's probably hard to align schedules, Like he probably figures you work on the weekends.
Speaker 8: I mean that sounds like an excuse he to use.
Speaker 3: I guess well, it sounds like he's doing it for you. Because nowadays we hear from a lot of women who tell us guys don't put in enough effort. They want the easy thing. They don't really care. Geordy sounds like the total opposite, like he's willing to do whatever just to see you.
Speaker 2: Make plans the other days that you say you can't.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but he didn't say that.
Speaker 9: He was like, I'm wide open, and I'm like, well, what else are you doing with your life? Just pursuing me?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 6: Sadly this makes sense, but doesn't mean we agree with it.
Speaker 2: I don't know that it does make sense to me.
Speaker 1: He's not a sir like you liked him, You liked everything about him. You said that he checked all your boxes. Basically, yeah, I mean he did.
Speaker 9: He actually had decent hygiene.
Speaker 3: Which okay, But but he's too available for you.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's why it's hygiene is so good. He has got time for it.
Speaker 1: I mean, again, you don't want date someone who wants to hang out every single day sometimes like they need to have a life.
Speaker 9: Well sure, oh god, and especially in the beginning getting to know who they are, and it just seems like he's just.
Speaker 8: Wide open to do whatever.
Speaker 9: And okay, but we're trying to build who we are as people.
Speaker 1: What would you want his response to be when you say, hey, I can't wait to see you again.
Speaker 2: What should he have.
Speaker 8: Written back to He shouldn't have. He should have just let me hang for a bit.
Speaker 3: That was a red flag.
Speaker 2: Okay, well it's cutting like a game.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't want to tell you this because it's not that he's like super available to talk to you. That's not what this is.
Speaker 2: He was so busy. It's like I had to call him so many times just in.
Speaker 3: The middle of his extremely hectic day. He's taken a little bit of time to jump on the phone right now to talk to you because Jordie's there.
Speaker 5: Hey, Harper, Oh so you've.
Speaker 3: Been on the phone just a little bit barely.
Speaker 5: I heard you call me a loser who has too much time on his hands.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, they asked me to be honest, and I was honest. She didn't asked me what.
Speaker 2: Was I mean, that's what Jordie wanted. He wanted to know.
Speaker 4: So, do you think I'm a loser because I want to go out a second time?
Speaker 5: Like that part doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 9: No, it's just it's just a little red flaggy to be able to hang out three nights in a row, and like, my perfect.
Speaker 8: Guy would never do that.
Speaker 9: He shouldn't have all the time in the world for me, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I'm sorry, shouldn't have all the.
Speaker 4: To be totally clear, I didn't want to hang out with you three nights, and I gave you three options.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're just.
Speaker 9: Being a little weight to chill at this time in your life.
Speaker 8: You know, now the time is to work hard and we're going to chill later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, well you're servant. Stein's in a German bar, like, I mean, she probably makes more than I do here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, it's just the what are you doing to do the same thing.
Speaker 8: Well, you don't even know me, so how about you shut your mouth?
Speaker 3: Yeah, shut your mouth, Michael. Who are you complaining about the people bringing you alcohol?
Speaker 2: I think being a server is a great job.
Speaker 1: But she's like expecting him to like do all these big great things, like what are you doing to plan for your future?
Speaker 3: You stay in your lane and keep not tipping people.
Speaker 2: I just like, I hate when people do that.
Speaker 3: This is about Jordie, Jordi. She's concerned that you're too free and you're too available. Prove to her that that's not true. And how much you got going on?
Speaker 2: You don't want to date?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, it sounds like that would be more attractive to you. I mean, I just don't know why you want to play these games. Like we met in real life, I thought you were a good person.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's actually a point. How busy are you right now?
Speaker 5: I mean I'm kind of busy. I'm not totally busy.
Speaker 8: I mean.
Speaker 3: He's super busy, right slam?
Speaker 10: Okay, Like, look, I'm looking to get busier, all right, red flaggy much?
Speaker 2: Oh god, he sounds like a nice guy.
Speaker 3: That's not what she wants. She doesn't want that, but you did want it that night.
Speaker 7: Look, look, Harper, let's rewind. Pretend I didn't call you for two weeks.
Speaker 8: Are you turned on now weeks?
Speaker 9: It's only been ten days.
Speaker 3: We're imagining, Harper.
Speaker 9: I mean, the reality is you sent me a lot of freaking texts with like a lot of freaking days, and now you have me on a radio show.
Speaker 3: It does look bad. It's pretty bad. You know what The thing is? We made him do it. Yeah, we got all the time in the world. He didn't even want to.
Speaker 2: Be here, he didn't have time, no, but he.
Speaker 3: Was kind enough to take a little bit of time out to do this with us. Just so that I could ask you if you would like to see Jordi one more time, and we would pay for that date. I don't even know if he's free. Honestly, Jordy, are you even free?
Speaker 2: Interested?
Speaker 5: Not anymore? I'm all booked up.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. She's like, so I'll see you next weekend.
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm not really into these games that he's playing with me, and I'm not going to follow.
Speaker 5: Sweetie.
Speaker 3: Oh God, that was talking like Brooke. Now this is okay, you know what. No, second day, this is going bad.
Speaker 7: Looking.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey in the morning got a text into seventy eighty five nine two that says, with that out look, I hope she's ready to die alone.
Speaker 1: God No, I mean, honestly, I think she just doesn't actually want a boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, likebody's.
Speaker 2: Saying that she's like looking.
Speaker 1: She says she's looking for something, but she found it because.
Speaker 3: What she just wants to be wanted. And the outlook that I think they're referring to is the theory that if a guy says he's available to hang out with you multiple nights in a row, that means he's a loser and must have absolutely nothing going on.
Speaker 6: You correct that, because when girls try to hang out with me and I tell him I'm sorry, I got two jobs. I'm streaming video games every single night, it also deters that.
Speaker 3: Yes, it also matters what you're busy doing.
Speaker 1: My D and D club on Friday on Saturday night, so I can't hang out.
Speaker 3: Sorry, but I make tons of money. Hello, Hello, guys, just give up. It's going to be easier to be just quit because actually they're going to feel more attracted to you that you've given up on that.
Speaker 2: Based on him, I mean, just too late.
Speaker 3: She speaks for all women.
Speaker 2: Hey, I just cancel on my two guys.
Speaker 3: But you know what, if you need help with your dating life, go ahead email the show. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back, and go check out all of our podcasts. We are the home of the Second Date Update wherever you get yours at Brook and
Speaker 7: Jeffrey Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning