Speaker 1: Welcome back to Golden Hour, and I am Kathy coming from Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: I guess who's with her?
Speaker 1: We are here in Philadelphia. I'm at Susan's house. And what have you been doing, Susan?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. So Kathy was judging the Miss New Jersey competition. And I drove down after flying back from Boston, turned around, I'm back redpack and headed to the beach, and there she was, and she left me a ticket. However, Kat, can I be honest with you? Yeah, I don't want to say I'm rude, but I expect it a little more posh because you told me to wear a nice dress and I felt, whoa, I'm overdressed. I was thinking I was going to Miss America.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, well, first, let me just say I judged the Miss New Jersey pageant. There were twenty two beautiful young ladies from all over New Jersey, but we and the paget was held with the music pier and you know it was it was so much fun. I literally said to the other I was one of seven judges and after look at these girl cvs. I called my daughter and told her she was a slacker. As a joke, but let me just say, Susan came down.
Speaker 2: How about the family?
Speaker 1: No, no, wait, I want to talk about Susan. I want to talk about you. Because the talent was amazing, Susan. The parking was at a premium. So I said to Susan, Yeah, here we go. Where did your party?
Speaker 2: Please do because of those of you that are listening, you could just go online because there's a video, trust me, And there's so many people giving me hell for this. So I am like minutes. I had to perform a wedding first and a plus hour plus away. So I'm flying, of course, to get there on time because at nine o'clock the doors were going to be locked, correct, Kathy. So now and I gotta fine parking. And right at the police station, I hear public, I see public parking. I pull on in park my car. I've I'm looking to pay somewhere. There's nowhere to pay. Great, I run up the board walk. I'm like perspiring, trying to get I make it on time. Well, when we leave, there was a view.
Speaker 1: From the police. Yeah, so the police ask you very kindly, do not part in their lot.
Speaker 2: No, please move your car. This is police parking only. Asapi. How sweet was that?
Speaker 1: Okay, so if we get so after that, we go back, after the whole thing was over, we go to a party with the judges. Susan goes out with some other friends for dinner. We all come back to my hotel room and we're all sitting out on the patio having a good old time. You know, you can't really talk about the pageant because that's sort of confidential how we judge and all that. But the next day, Susan I go to the beach. People are recognized us on the beach. It was great with you know how much they love the show and they want to see us back on another show. So we loved her in that. Now we get in the car to drive to your jersey.
Speaker 2: You forgot the best part. We went to the board walk in that pizza because she needs to eat.
Speaker 1: Wait. Can I just ask y'all when we go to sit down in this restaurant, Susan said, I'd like a.
Speaker 2: Slice, nice birch beer and a coke.
Speaker 1: And I said to her, what's a slice? She goes a slice of pizza. I said, but what kind of pizza she goes? It's a regular slice pizza. Cheese pizza. I said, where I'm from, you say, I'm like a piece of pepperoni pizza. I'd like a vegetarian. She goes, No, here, you just say you want a slice and they give.
Speaker 2: You redf you want one with? If you want it one, you would say, can I have a slice with pepperoni? Like we know in this land.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you it is a whole different world. When I arrived in Philadelphia at the parking garage, guy told me not to come back. I was like, it's the city of brotherly love and Philly anyway.
Speaker 2: It is just how you greet them, baby girl.
Speaker 1: I guess it was something.
Speaker 2: Anyhow, we have a full week ahead of us. Our friend Nancy's going to join us on Wednesday. We've been cleaning the pool and she's rearranging my furniture because I got a new umbrella for over the table. It's been crazy.
Speaker 1: We get here, I'm here and Susan says, help me outside. We're moving patio furniture. I'm lugging iron tables. She's power washing. It's like she's having a wedding in the backyard. I said, Susan, it's Nancy and me. We don't care, no, no, I have to have it just right. Wait, one more thing. I just want to say one more thing about the trip to Jersey. First of all, Ocean Sydney, New Jersey was wonderful. I've never walked on a boardwalk. It was fabulous. Here's the thing. I had all this luggage because I had to dress up for the pageant. Susan has a two seats, it's a four seater, but it's a Mercedes convertible, so it's a very small car. I've got a lot of luggage from the show and now being here week, Susan goes, we'll just put down the top on the car and lift the luggage over. Do I need to tell y'all people were standing in the parking lot laughing. It truly was Ethel and Lucy trying to get this luggage in the car. Hour later, we're sweating to death, which we find out the top of it.
Speaker 2: Won't go down, won't go down, it will not work right anyway, get broken. But it's all good. Now, everything is perfect.
Speaker 1: Anyway. We are now in Philadelphia waiting for Nancy to arrive.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have fun this week. Stay tuned because we'll talk about that as well.
Speaker 1: So one thing has changed. Dating has not changing our life so well.
Speaker 2: And this week that's what we're going to talk about. Finding the right person and how you know if they actually are That's something, Kathy, I'll never know because I keep trying.
Speaker 1: Okay, So a little story that just happened, which didn't even know we were going to be talking about this. A very good girlfriend of mine just called me. She's been dating this guy. He's very jealous, no matter if she talks to another client, whatever, and she keeps breaking up and going back, breaking up and going back. So I don't know, get on a new dating app. Let's hop, Like, why do you keep dating the same person and thinking it's gonna change?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the story of my life. So, Kathy, if dating apps existed when we were in our twenties, do you think he would abuse them?
Speaker 1: I was married in my twenties. I was married.
Speaker 2: Nothing ever applies to her. She's been married since she was born.
Speaker 1: But wait a second, let me say to you. I think in our twenties computers were not a thing. Everything was more organic. When you and I were young, you went to bars technology. That's what I'm saying so if dating apps had existed, I actually do think people would have used them twenty year olds. Yea, I wouldn't tried it. I think I would have tried it. But when we were young, did you want a lot of blind dates?
Speaker 2: Never?
Speaker 1: You know, it's so funny you said that the only blind day day ever went on was the guy I ended up marrying. I met him on a bike.
Speaker 2: He walked into a room and saw him across the room and said, I'm going to marry that man.
Speaker 1: That's what it was. But they had set me up. They want my roommate knew they all those three knew each other, so it was just coincidental. I looked across the room and yeah, I guess it was sort of half a blind date. I don't know. Okay, So what's scared do you? If you've never had a blind date? What would be scared of you? Walking into a blind date or creating your own profile for a dating app?
Speaker 2: Walking into a blind date? Creating a profiles? Easy?
Speaker 1: So okay, so I've been on would you consider a day that a guy that you meet on a dating app? Would you consider that a blind date?
Speaker 2: No? Definitely not. So I used to say when I was on the dating apps and I used to say, we're going to have a meet and then we will decide at that time whether we want to plan a date. That's not a date. Everybody thinks, oh I have a date. I have a date. You didn't even meet him yet, it's not a date, okay, And some people could tell him five minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, so, so do you think dating apps have ruined romance? Because I think so. You know, let's face it, a swipe is real easy, right. You know, we'll talk about this a little bit later but in this podcast. But swiping, I think it's like it's almost like you're interviewing for a job. Does it doesn't feel romantic to me?
Speaker 2: It doesn't feel doesn't swiping to me. It's all about what I see. So it's only a picture. And more times than not, if you met somebody that wasn't as strikingly handsome to you, yet you were talking to them and got to know them, they're great, and all of a sudden they become better looking because of their personality. Yes, that's what's lacking on the dating apps. And I feel like men and women as well, don't give it any time. They don't try at all, because it's too much easier to go back. There's twenty thousand more out there, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I'm saying, there's too much. There's such a thing as too much choice. But it also, like you just said, it makes looks the primary thing where if you talk to someone, you might really engage with him and feel like, oh, I don't know what this guy looks like, but you know he's interesting, he's fun. I'd like to meet him. I don't know. To me, Ugh, there's for me.
Speaker 2: I'm not let's get into the pet peeves. Holy smokes. I mean I did notice. Sometimes men will put pictures and you're like, okay, okay, and you're going down, You're going down. They're getting older, they're getting older, and then last one is like the real I go, oh my god.
Speaker 1: That oh no, Susan. The pet peeve should be when the guy puts a really good way, which is what happens to me. The guy it's a really good picture. Guys, you know, he might be in his sixties, but he's a good sixties looking and you think, oh, this guy's good looking. Then you scroll and you get pictures him when he was twenty in his Weenie grabberr bathing suit. And then you see one picture when he's sting the grandchildren. I know, I said, but the first one really engages you. My pet peeve is not that. My pet peeve is when the guy I literally when I see a guy holding a bear can wearing a baseball cap on backwards.
Speaker 2: And holding on holding the fish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell you that guy's out for me. It's like, look what I caught, And I'm like, you're not catching me.
Speaker 2: Well guess what. Hopefully, if any men or listener or any women that have men friends, please educate them. Don't take a selfie in the bathroom without a shirt on, especially with a towel wrapped around. Okay, you have a great body, but you're flawing it. It's stupid. We can't even take you seriously. Right.
Speaker 1: Another pet peeve of mine is you get a picture of four guys standing on a golf course. You don't know what exactly they have sunglasses on, and you know their their golf cap. Okay, was it?
Speaker 2: Any meanie?
Speaker 1: MINEU? Moe? Like, how do you pick one? And like, of course I want to go after the one that looks the best and it's always the guy who is holding a dead fish that is going to be.
Speaker 2: What would you say would make a good profile for you? Like, what if you're scrolling?
Speaker 1: Oh, Susan, that is so easy for me. I have dated because I have dated men who write absolutely nothing, and that is not a good dating profile. I've dated guys who wrote, you know, the next American great novel or should I say autobiography. I'm bored to tears, because then there's nothing to talk about when you meet them. If I know everything about them. What I want to know when I read a guy's profile, I want to see a little humor. I want to see that the guy's adventurous. Like I don't need your trip journal from the last twenty years of every country you've been to, Just telling me you like to travel, maybe your favorite country, if you like to cook, tell me some of your hobbies. One thing I love when a guy writes his idea of a perfect first date. That tells me a lot. Yes, what about you? I like, what do you like?
Speaker 2: Well? I do so, as I said I was guilty of. If somebody cut my eye a little bit, I would scroll down and then read I want to know how tall he is, I want to know where he's located. Yeah, then I'll read his words and not until then because if it's too far away or and we all know how that works with me with the long distance thing, I'm living and learning. But it would have to be somebody that I caught my eye, that I slowed down and I want to read about, and like I said, age distance.
Speaker 1: Okay, so wait a minute. So for you in your dating profile, you're absolutely going by looks because if I see a guy, even if he's not the best looking.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's what I said. If somebody's okay looking, I'm going to slow down and read about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean if a guy. I'm being honest. Guys, if you want a woman, unless you have a checkbook with a lot of zeros, and then you can probably have whoever you want. Not me, but you can have most other women if you have a big fat checkbook. You don't have to be fit, you don't have to do anything. Just put your bank balance as your profile and say women interesting.
Speaker 2: That's right, you'll track the wrong people. Well, I do have a question for you, Kathy, when being on one of these Okay, is there such a thing as etiquette, dating app etiquette. It should be a law.
Speaker 1: Actually, but well, no etiquette to me in dating apps. Wait, wait, I want to just go back in a profile. Height at our, age still matters to you. I just want to go back for one seconds. I had a follow up for me.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how tall? How short will you go? How tall will you go?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't go my height. It would have to be at least three inches taller.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Somebody don't mind being taller than the man, and God bless him, but me, I mind, that's all. Although I'm strong, so it's not even that difficult anymore.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I am, I'm five eight. I will date it five to nine. I don't care if he's got the right personality and everything else, so I'm out the height. It's not that important to me. I'm looking for you profile some guy that isn't writing, like it's a brief for a law review, like some interest do you want? Like? Are you looking for some guy who might be funny, humored? Does that matter to it all?
Speaker 2: Oh? Got yes, But I can't tell that by words. Sometimes they'll put that if they're if they're really good, they know how to write and they know how to express themselves. But I give most men the benefit of the doubt. They don't know how to put that on paper. So you have to have some kind of an interest and then go meet. And that's where you can tell I'm not one to do emails or text messages or any of that. Let's do this, let's meet. We can meet at a coffee shop. I don't care if we can do a drive by dunk a Donuts or that's interesting to see if we're interested in you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I'm still not done. On a dating app. How do you put down your age preference? How how old will you go?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: How much older?
Speaker 2: Twelve years younger, up to ten years older?
Speaker 1: Okay, so so there's not.
Speaker 2: That many men left out there, so you have to expand on the age.
Speaker 1: Well, if I go, you know, twelve years older, you know I'm going to be buying them pushing a wheelchair for them years older? Yeah, I can't. And but but I also think what turns me off? And maybe it's my age, but you know, I'm nothing to be honest when I see a guy who's in their mid sixties, you know, sixty five, sixty eight, Yeah, and I think that's a good looking and then I go down and I have literally read this on dating app looking for women from fifty to fifty eight. And then I go back and I go, wait a minute, this guy, so that guy for me, even though I'm out at that.
Speaker 2: Age range, and even message that guy.
Speaker 1: Oh no, sometimes I'll see it. I'll see it. But it's interesting to me that on dating apps, men often put such particulars that they want yeah, and they're fine too much. Well, that's because you're in filling the one.
Speaker 2: I put that too much, even for my own when I have a dating app, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not on Are you on dating apps? Do you have dating apps? I'm not on dating apps right now?
Speaker 2: Just break, took a break. Okay, let's atiquette.
Speaker 1: Back to your question, right kid, Who.
Speaker 2: Do you think should send the first message?
Speaker 1: I think either person can send that. I have sent the first message, I've received the first message. The hard part for me is when I when I send up the first message, I would say seventy five percent of the time I got a response, and then we start talking. I don't think I think we're in a modern era where you can send out the verset texts.
Speaker 2: They so proud of that. Kathy, do you do with my old school girlfriend? And I am very.
Speaker 1: From in Philly? When in Philly do as Philadelphians do. I told you I will send the first message or not. Either way, I'm asking you if you will ever send a first message?
Speaker 2: Most definitely. I feel like if I swipe somebody that I liked and then it's a match, of course I'm going to send it out. Who knows when he swiped, and you know he didn't see I was here, He might have given up by then. Yeah, here's where you.
Speaker 1: And I are going to differ. Here's okay, here's where you and I are going to differ. I will chat a couple of times I've honestly gone to I told you I have a Google phone number, so I will chat in the app once or twice. Then I'll say, you know what, here's my phone number. Let's chat on the punk. And oftentimes, once I've had that phone chat, I can tell whether or not I want to meet them. What do you do? How off? How fat quickly do you.
Speaker 2: Meet sooner rather than later? Even for five minutes? Just let's get a quick cope. It's easy. You go in, buy coffee, chat for a minute, and let's set up a date. If we like each other, the chemistry feels good, then okay, let's set get your calendar out, I'll get mine now. I don't think that's difficult at all. I don't think it's difficult if you want to mind, yeah, but I don't want to waste anybody's time. So if you couldn't, okay, So by the phone, I've chatted with people and I was really excited. Yeah, and then you go and it was a disappointment. So I'd rather just get the eyed eye contact is what I'm about.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, Susan, I'm hitting you with the question here, be honest when you've met with somebody and it's a no, And be honest. You set a five minute cup of coffee. You can't even drink a cup of coffee in five minutes. What is the shortest state you've ever had when you met a gui?
Speaker 2: Probably fifteen that you didn't want to see a guy? I mean, yeah, twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: And at the end of that you say, what, I don't think we're gonna make it.
Speaker 2: I'm guilty. I'm going to be honest because I'm sixty nine years old, and honesty is the best way to go. Don't judge me or judge me. I don't care. Yes, I feel bad sometimes when I know I'm not interested, but not one hundred percent. There was no ick. I just didn't really think I was gonna want to. But if they ask, not everybody asked. Sometimes it's mutual. Sometimes we'll go, well, we'll text each other and let each other know, you know, think about it or whatever, and that's the easy way out. This is why I don't understand why men can't take the easy way out and send a little message. Just didn't feel the spark, just not that into you. I'm sorry, I'm glad we met, but I'm not feeling it. Whatever. A text is easy, and you haven't spent time with somebody. So sometimes I say yeah, let's get yeah, sure text me, And then when they did it, then I say it because I feel bad telling them face to.
Speaker 1: Faces on that. I don't think that's bad. I think that allows them and you to say face okay, do you think you should? And do you date multiple people at once?
Speaker 2: I'm not against other people. I guess they do it. I don't understand it. I don't date multiple people. I'm a one on one person. I feel like, if you want to date me, then you date me until you make a decision whether you want to be with me or not. But you can't date me on Friday night and date Kathy on Saturday night and then Wednesday night call Nancy. That doesn't work well.
Speaker 1: If they date you Friday at me Saturday night, you're out of the picture and they're never calling dance. I'm it. No, here's what.
Speaker 2: It's the only old school values.
Speaker 1: To I was gonna say, because you and I, as much as we love each other, we are different on several things. I think, unless and I've done it a few times, it's hard to keep you know, Jim and John. You know, I might mix up the names, But I think until you're actually dating someone you really like. I used to think when I first got on dating apps, date them until you don't want to date them, then go back to the app. But in the most recent time I've been on dating app, I have to be honest. I had a couple of dates with different guys because I figure, you know, why why limit it? See if you like the guy? And then if I've gone out with them a few times, then I say goodbye to the other one. I don't think either way is wrong, though, I think you can do it either.
Speaker 2: Way, I guess and for me, what I don't know don't hurt me. So I want to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Susan, Yes, honest engine because I will be honest as well. Have you ever googled someone before a first date?
Speaker 2: Not until I met you?
Speaker 1: How? How does that mean?
Speaker 2: I never did that. Didn't want to know. And you always say you got to find out this, or my other girlfriend says she's in a real estate Oh, I could find out. This is like go whoa, wha what that's a lot.
Speaker 1: That's a lot I find out. Let me just tell you something, especially if you're going to die when I say this. But gosh, you all know out there that Kathy speaks truth. When I'm interested in the guy and I and I can tell someone's by their profile, if I like the humor, if I like what their career was, if I like their attitude, and then if I've talked to him on the phone one time and we're going to meet up, Oh yes, I I do, Susan. Have a friend and I call my friend and I find out. You. I have found out everything their ex wives, where they how many homes where they lived, if they've ever been arrested. Because I don't want to waste time on someone that you know has a ward out for his arrest in six states, you know what I mean? So I find out, I find out. I find out. And there was one guy I found out and I was called when we were set up the date. I said, you know, I was nice about it. I said, I've done some more thinking and I actually don't think we're a very good match. And you know why I'm able to do that because I have a Google phone number and Google is not paying me to say this, folks, But Google you can't trace, So when a guy calls me on my Google phone number, he cannot find out anything about me. I don't give a guy my real phone number.
Speaker 2: And that's fair that you can google them and they can't google you.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's fair. Go get a Google phone number, buddy, if you don't want me to find it out.
Speaker 2: My oh god, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: That How about if each of us, I don't know even know how I'm going to do this, but come up with a dating app Hot take talk to me about what would be a hot take for a dating Okay, I wish I could just own one because I do things a lot.
Speaker 1: Different real, but that's what you know I should do, Susan. Okay. One of my hot takes is, uh, we already talked about a little bit. You know, the men that put pictures from antiquity on their profile and I'm looking and going, yeah, you wish you look like that. That is a hot take that men do not for the most and women too. I shouldn't just say, man, I've seen women who you know, are forty pounds heavier or thinner, whatever it is, they don't look like they're pictures my I think my biggest hot take for me is that men in their sixties there if they even know how to get on a dating app or take pictures and aren't sideways. Men just aren't really computer savvy. They're not app savvy, so it's hard. There's more women on dating apps than men at all ages, I think.
Speaker 2: And some that try to get on don't really know what they're doing and they're embarrassed to tell another dude take my picture for a dating app. I mean, the younger people don't think twice about it. But people are aged. It's something that's out of the comfort zone. So I would like my hot take would be as a senior, an older dating app. And I know they have them out there right well there are helping the people with their profile. Who's because sometimes they don't know how to take a picture. Nobody told the guy don't do it in the bathroom because there's a mirror, or in the restroom at the gas station, like keep the fish out of it. Although although Kathy, when you said the fish part, if that's what they're into, that's their life. Maybe the fish thing is a couple of pictures.
Speaker 1: Well know that. Ahead of Tize said, let me just say, if all the guys that have swiped on me that I've looked at as many of them are holding fish, if they are all serious deep sea fishermen, and it's not just a nacation pick, the ocean should be devoid of fish, and oh probably another five minutes. I mean, no way, I'm not buying it. They just think, hey, look at me, I'm manly. I look at this, you know, eighteen inch cod that I caught, you know whatever, you know what I'd love to do Susan swear to God we should do this. We're going to run a boat, We're going to go out and we're going to somehow catch a shark and we're gonna say.
Speaker 2: Freak Caddy. I want no parts of it, No way. I was a lot of my friend's boat and they were shark honey. I was like, are you kidding me? Why am I here? Why am I here? What is the funniest or oddest or most bizarre excuse someone ever gave you for flaking on a date?
Speaker 1: Okay? So the truth is I have actually never had a date flake out on me. I just haven't had that. But I have gotten out of some bad dates in very humorous ways to want to hear.
Speaker 2: Wait, were you already on the date? Yes? Or okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay. So when I first started dating, I didn't know, you know, I was married for almost forty six years. I had no idea what I was doing. So I would give either Mike, one of my kids, or a friend tell them what was up, and say I'm going to text you. I'd go to the bathroom and I'd say it's all good. You don't have to call or nine one one call me so i'd go back to the table, and this one time it was a nine to one one. Get me the hell out of here. So I went back to the table and I said, give me five minutes so it doesn't look bad. Five minutes later, my phone rings, it's my friend, it's not my kid. I answer it and I went, hello, Oh, I said to the date, I'm sorry, I have to answer this call. This is I remember when I said, but I said, a damn's call. And I answered, I went, you're oh my god, are you okay? Okay, calm down, Oh.
Speaker 2: Calm down, make it sound good.
Speaker 1: I will be the yes, No, it's okay. He'll certainly understand it's okay. Literally, because you know me, Susan, I can like I can do it on the spur of the moment. And I hung up. I said, I am so sorry, John, Tom, whatever your name is. My daughter has had an emergency. She's pregnant and I don't know if she's going into labor. I have to go. Her husband's out of town. I need to go. I am so sorry. I'd love to pay for the you know whatever got up that I was out of there in five minutes. Have you ever done it, by the way a charm.
Speaker 2: I usually go the bathroom and my phone's blowing up and I have to give them a heads up, like a thumbs up or you know, it's okay, but I'm good because most of it was about they were paranoid I was safe or not. Yeah, I do that, but I don't think i've ever I cut it short and said, listen.
Speaker 1: See, I'm not good at that. You and I've talked about this. I'm not really good at looking at my watch and saying, gee, it's getting light. I'm not really good at that. I and I don't remember. This was when I first started dating, and when you haven't dated in a long time, navigating those waters are not easy and that I feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Was not there to hurt anything.
Speaker 1: And I don't remember who this guy was, but I remember talking about uh. I met him on a dating app, and I remember he sat there on this this was our first date, talking about how I was the woman he was looking for, and I thought, oh, this is not happening. So I was, so, what about you? You guys have a good story for me.
Speaker 2: No, that's pretty much it. I like I said, give the thumbs up in the bathroom or I can't wait to get out of here kind of thing, and I just speed it up and I'm finished by dinner and I ask for coffee. Cut me out of here.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't think. I think sometimes before we move on to the next section, I gotta say this. I think sometimes some men are so clueless and or desperate to find a partner. And I'm guessing some women are too. But you and I are we want the right guy, or we don't want a guy, And so I know you don't waste time. I don't waste time, but I don't want to be mean about it. I want to get on it, and.
Speaker 2: I don't want to waste anyone else's time.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I don't wait about that before about at the end of the date, when I always say no, no, no, no, why insist let me pay for my share? You know, because if I know I'm never going to see them again, I'm not dating for dinners or appetizers. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you. Hell oh gosh, all right, Well on that happy note. Every week we answer questions from listeners y'all know that, and we give them some expert golden advice. We have a doozy of a question here tonight, Susan, were really for And this.
Speaker 2: Is from Mazie and she's from Scottsdale. I keep seeing the same people on dating apps year after year. At this point I know their jobs, their dogs' names, and which photos they've been recycling since twenty twenty one. Is this just the reality of modern dating? Or should I take it as a sign that everyone worth dating has already left the apps? You know, Katy, It's funny after a few year break and I go back on, they're the same bee ball, nothing change. They don't even update their app, I mean, their their profile.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, Daisy, you're in scott so go hang out at golf course. You'll find some great guys. That's my first advice to you. I I think there are a lot of repeat offenders on the on the apps, but I also think that at our age it's tough to find the person you're looking for. Sure is so those guys that are still on are.
Speaker 2: Maybe not enough people our age on.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying, you know, That's what I'm saying. And so you and I specifically we're looking for we're looking for a special guy who matches our energy and all that. Right, Well, there aren't that many guys, so we look at him or like that guy's been here, Because that guy's been here. Maybe he just doesn't know how to date. Maybe he doesn't.
Speaker 2: And what, guys, those of you listen, if you have a story for us, you know what to do. Send that story in or your question in Bachelor nation dot com slash Golding hour old on Katy, we would take that in a minute.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, Hold on, are you saying that if a guy has been there since twenty twenty one and he sent us his story, you're going for that guy.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying people out there listening to these stories, if they have a story that we'd like to talk about, we will share it like this is funny, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: I'm just reminding them where to send it down.
Speaker 1: Not just your stories. We want your questions, your contents, We want it all and by the way, we might actually answer your question and we definitely want to hear your stories.
Speaker 2: All right, God, all right here, we got we got a game. Okay, you ready, yep? All right, We're going to tell each other what their answer should be based off the prompt that we say. All right, So Kathy's profile for me, Susan will brag about you to her friends if.
Speaker 1: You are handsome, have a home in the Hamptons and a very large checkbook. All right, that's you think it's.
Speaker 2: Susan is weirdly attracted to.
Speaker 1: Men who can dance and cook.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. That one you got the first one. You're wrong, but go ahead. The key to her heart is.
Speaker 1: Giving her lots and lots and lots. How much time do we have of attention?
Speaker 2: Very good?
Speaker 1: All right, you go. Okay, Susan's app for Kathy, Kathy goes crazy.
Speaker 2: For smart, smart men that have had a successful career.
Speaker 1: That's all. How about kind?
Speaker 2: All right, well that's what I first thought of. All right, go ahead to the next one.
Speaker 1: Kathy's biggest pet peeve is.
Speaker 2: You got a lot of them. Somebody that doesn't tell the truth, Somebody that can't afford life. Somebody that says he's a go get her and a doer and he sits on the couch. What's your phrase that you say?
Speaker 1: I used to be I used to guy. Now, my biggest pet peeve is a guy who says he's it's they used to be one who says he's all that is all right, Kathy, answer nicely, Susan. Kathy winds down.
Speaker 2: By pouring a glass of wine and having some.
Speaker 1: Nuts, or she's right, or chat with a good friend.
Speaker 2: But yeah, getting on the phone.
Speaker 1: Or needle point. All right, well there's you know, we gotta play that.
Speaker 2: Game again again. Let's free dude. Susan's first one. Susan will brag about you to her friends if.
Speaker 1: You are kind and generous to her. No, okay, what I would say to that? Okay?
Speaker 2: What if you make her laugh?
Speaker 1: Susan? Everyone makes you laugh?
Speaker 2: No, I make everyone laugh. But somebody that makes me laugh and can dance, forget about I'm going to brag about you. We had so much fun.
Speaker 1: Really, that's it. If they make you laugh.
Speaker 2: I love a man that could make me laugh.
Speaker 1: Well, so why but I would not say that's the first thing. I wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: It's not the first. It's saying I would brag about him to my friends.
Speaker 1: I don't need it.
Speaker 2: When I when I had met Fred a long time ago, I brag, Oh my god, it was so great. We laughed. We couldn't understand each other. We dance. It was like that.
Speaker 1: See I will say that's why I said, a guy who will give you a lot of attention, who will cook for you.
Speaker 2: Yes, the attention part was definitely right.
Speaker 1: Definitely listen. Now that we know what our profiles are for each other.
Speaker 2: Send somebody our way.
Speaker 1: Thank you please, and in the meantime, thank you all for joining us for Bachelor Golden Hour. It's always so much fun.
Speaker 2: It definitely is, and you guys hear me every week, so I'm going to do it again. Make sure to rate us, review us, and subscribe wherever you listen to your podcast and.
Speaker 1: You know what to do. You can follow Golden Hour on social media at Bachelor Happy Hour and at Bachelor Nation.
Speaker 2: Yes, and don't forget about our Bachelor Nation cruise. It's creeping up on us. But you know what I heard, it was sold out. Kat.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you know what. You and I are gonna have so much fun. We're gonna do a live podcast there, but until next week, until we see you again, Susan and I will both be winding down right here.
Speaker 2: I think I got to open the wine. I'm going to cook her dinner though, actually so We will see you next week.
Speaker 1: Everybody, mhm.