Speaker 1: They need.
Speaker 2: So great excited to uh get back out there and you know, get a win and earn another week.
Speaker 1: Uh with my team. So feeling good going into this game.
Speaker 3: How's this game different than the other three games anty championship.
Speaker 1: Games for you? Uh? Everything.
Speaker 2: I mean it's a new season, new team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really don't compare the others.
Speaker 2: You know, East season is a a new journey, so it's just another step on, you know, our journey for the twenty twenty three season. What do you see from from the run game, especially of you know when the East Montgomery of physical.
Speaker 1: Flag, Uh, greater running the ball. I've had a lot of success. Uh.
Speaker 2: They have two different styles of backs, which opens up their playbook for them.
Speaker 1: Uh. With Gibbs they have you know.
Speaker 2: A lot of design runs for him, and then also with Montgomery, they have a you know, some different runs for him.
Speaker 1: He's more of a power back.
Speaker 2: But Uh, they do a great job and they have a great o old line and so it's gonna be a huge challenge for us.
Speaker 1: Kerr.
Speaker 4: You're one of the only guys on the team that was here before Shanahan came. I'm curious what you remember about his arrival and kind of how he communicated his vision for the team at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was when he came, you know, they he brought a new uh, new energy, new uh sense of urgency, and uh definitely was a change in the culture.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of hard, hard work and you know, everyone was, you know, trying to prove that we deserve to be here, you know when they got here, and so, you know, it was a new energy around the building and you know it was it was good though we had uh instantly when he came in. He talked about building a brotherhood and how the best teams are the closest teams, and how we have to treat one another and uh, you know, we put a lot of hard work in to get us to to this point where you know, we've got to turn around and winning a bunch of football games.
Speaker 3: You played a jured golf quite a quite a few times over the years.
Speaker 4: How has he evolved?
Speaker 3: How how was he different than when he was with the Rams.
Speaker 2: Think it's pretty I mean think it's pretty similar in terms of, you know, the player that he is. I think he was a good player when he was with the Rams as well too. I think that you know, whenever as you continue to get older and you go through more experiences your career, of course you get wiser and you get hardened and sh and I'm sure that that situation of him leaving, you know, LA had a big impact on his career as a player and mindset and all those different types of things. And so in terms of like football, just play, just being a football player though, I think he's been a great quarterback in this league, which he continues to show. So Kurk, I wonder about the battle that coach Holland is going through.
Speaker 1: How does that kind of inspire you and inspire your teammates.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's always been inspiring, you know, for us throughout these years. He's a great energy around the building and a big part of our success. And uh, you know, he's also takes the time out to talk to us and you know mentor us about s you know, football and and stuff off.
Speaker 1: The field too.
Speaker 2: So consider we have a great relationship, and uh, it's been great having him here and having a man like that who you know, has played in the league, had a lot of similar experiences us fighting through adversity and is on the coaching side now, and a lot we can learn from him, So definitely a huge blessing to have him, you know, be a part of our staff.
Speaker 1: I think some of us, maybe many of us watch too much movies and tomorrow speech from coach was gonna be a big raw Ross speech. He said, It's really not like that. You guys not need that type of motivation.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I mean if you gotta get motivated to play an NFC championship, you know, I don't know what to tell you at this point. You know, everything is on the line, everything you work so hard for, uh to you know, earn the right to extend your season and go to the super Bowl. So I don't think guys need need too much motivation.
Speaker 3: What's your routine like in the final forty eight hours before it came like.
Speaker 1: This, routine's the same.
Speaker 2: Try to get some rest, you know, take care of my body. Uh, wake up in the morning, get moving around, head over to the stadium early. Uh, get moving around, get treatment, finishing up on some last film or you know, reviewing my assignments, and then you know, get my right mind right to take the fields.
Speaker 1: Devo.
Speaker 3: He's a hundred percent good to go. How does his presence change each the long room? On game day and then a game like Sunday specifically.
Speaker 2: UH Deebo is one of the best players in the league, and so having him on our on our uh on our team, and you know, having him on the field, we we feel his energy when he's making plays. He's inspiring us on on defense as well too because of how he plays his position and delivering punishment to opposing defenses.
Speaker 1: So having him out there is gonna be great.
Speaker 4: Is there a game this season and maybe it was the last game, but where you were just really proud of the way the team kind of came back, whether it's from the lost the week before or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Uh, I think there's been a lot of ups and downs, you know, throughout this year, just like with any season. You know, I think, uh everybody thought the sky was falling when we lost three in a row, and uh, you.
Speaker 1: Know, we responded pretty well to that. You know, we.
Speaker 2: You know, got beat Christmas game in front of the world. How we responded to that to be in this position, So, I mean it's always up and down start of season. I know that we have a a resilient group that starts with our culture and our foundation, and you know, we just play football. We love playing football, and no matter what happens, we're gonna keep, you know, keep going.
Speaker 1: They ll I think very