Speaker 1: Kutbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a sol fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers.
Speaker 3: In the penthouse.
Speaker 2: Wow to clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Mahller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere. The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Mahler and Danny g Radio a Happy Sunday to you. Game seven in the NBA, the last game of the conference finals, the final piece to the puzzle.
Speaker 3: The two best words in all of sports.
Speaker 1: They try not to f it up. Oklahoma City at home against the Denver Nuggets. I just want a more competitive game than we got back on Friday night when the Knicks led by as many as forty one points and absolutely vaporize the Celtics. So I just want a game that's within within six points going to the fourth quarter. I want a game with five minutes to go in the game. That's anyone's game. That's what I want. And let's see who does not ride the vomit comet who rises to the occasion. That would be wonderful. That's what I would like to see. Well I get that, probably not well, we probably won't get it, but I'd like I'd like that to happen. That would be very cool for a game seven to come down to the very end. It is National No Dirty Dishes Day today, so celebrate appropriately. And a fun fact on that the beginning of porcelain plates six hundred a d. Chinese porcelain plates. The Chinese started making porcelain in six hundred a d. And it wasn't until the seventeen hundreds. Seventeen oh eight the process of making pottery was discovered by some dude in Germany and that led to the creation of European pottery. So they stole it from the Chinese and they then made the European pottery and it wasn't for another one hundred and fifty something years after that. The paper plate was invented in eighteen sixty seven. So just think in the Middle Ages they didn't have paper plates. And in the Middle Ages, Nanny, they didn't know they were in the Middle Ages. They just thought they were just living their life. They didn't realize it was the Middle Ages. They had no idea.
Speaker 3: You got to argue.
Speaker 4: Two paper plates one of the best inventions ever, because that's what can keep your stink dish free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm the dishwasher. I don't mind. I do complain to my wife sometimes because I tell her when she's cooking and we split the cooking. But when she's cooking, she thinks she's a television chef. You know, on television, Danny, they don't worry about dirty dishes because someone else does the dishes. So they'll do seven to eight plates, you know, silverware up the wazoo. They don't give a crap. They don't give a crap. So the the top two dishes, little little dirty dish trivia for you, Danny.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Top two dishes Americans eat to avoid doing dishes. One of them is.
Speaker 4: Obvious, Yeah, obviously pizza because you eat it with your hands.
Speaker 1: Exactly pizza. What's number two, though, udeo hot dogs, no French fries. French fries is not followed by chicken wings, tacos, and hamburger. So those hot dog only got two percent of the vote. I don't know why one we get two percent of the vote. Egg roll got more of the vote. Egg roll Burrito's on here. Burrito makes sense?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: I think hot dog and hamburger homemade dinners were more of a thing back in the eighties and nineties when we were kids. Nowadays, people aren't big on giving their kids hot dogs unless you're at a ballgame. People who are more into the what are the healthy, grilled, salthier items?
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you know what's in a hot dog? You want to hear how they're made? Shut up, stop ruining everything.
Speaker 1: I hate to tell you everything you eat is going to kill you. So anyway, all right, we have the mail bag, Danny, are you prepared for the mail bag?
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 5: It's this bag, all right?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Ohio.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: These are actual letters by actual listeners. If you'd like to send a letter in for a future mail bag, you can do that care of Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. That's all letters, no numbers, Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. That's Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. First one is from Steve in van mccouver. It says, Hey, Ben and Danny, I'm excited for the Mallar meet and greet. Do you have any idea how many people are going to be there. No, I have no I don't know if anyone's gonna show up. I have no idea. As I always say Danny, with these Mallard meet and greets, you go in hoping a lot of people show up. You never know whether there's five people, two people, three people, fifty people, one hundred people. Whoever shows up will have a good time. We'll have fun. That's coming up in Oh my god, what do we eleven days away from the Malor meet and greet. It's on Thursday, May twenty ninth at the court Side on Main. We talked about this on the podcast. I did a little video on the Instagram and the Facebook pages of the show, so if you want to check that out on the Graham which is Ben Malor on Fox and Facebook Ben mal Show. So I have no idea how many people are gonna be there. I know I'll be there, Lorena Coop will be there. We're gonna have a great time. We'll be there from seven to ten at the court Side on Maine and Vancouver. And I want to thank Nico again for putting that together. But I really don't I have nobody. We don't have a list to any there's no RSVP. People don't sign up to show up. And even when people say they're gonna be there, like I've had a bunch of email from people say oh, yeah, I'm gonna be there, stuff happens. You got stuff going on in your life. Sometimes you say you're gonna be somewhere, you don't show up.
Speaker 4: So just make sure you tell Lorena to bring an empty suitcase with her so she could bring all her gifts back home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly. Well I'm not getting she'll get everything. Yeah, I got it. Without Lorena, we wouldn't get any mail on Fox Sports Radio. Next up, Tony and the Bay Right.
Speaker 3: Now, I made you a mug and pottery class.
Speaker 1: Tony the Bay says, Hey, Ben and Danny those years the Rams were in Saint Louis, were you ever a Bears fan? And if not, why the fuck not? As Tony the Bay and Danny G Radio, have you ever disowned a team? Now, Tony's a big Chicago Bears fan, Tony, I was not a Chicago Bears fan. Well, technically I was not a Bears fan. There were points I was a Bears fan because when the Rams left to go to Saint Louis what I did. My move, I'd pivoted. I said, Okay, I'm going to be a fan of no team, but I'll be a fan of every team. And what I mean by that is, I will just base this off my money who I'm betting on and for that particular game, that's who I'm pulling for. So in a way, I was a Bears fan Tony, although not someone with merch and all that stuff. Now, Danny, you just experienced a few years ago the Raiders relocating. But you went to a Raider game in Vegas last year, So I'm going to assume the position that you've never left a team behind, You've never disowned a team. Is that accurate?
Speaker 3: That's accurate. Never.
Speaker 4: And the thing is, we knew Vegas was gonna be like a West Coast hub for the Raiders because how many Raider fans really lived in the city of Oakland. A ton of Raider fans all throughout the West Coast. That's why it was okay when the Raiders moved.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough. I was on a flight from l A to actually from the Burbank Airport to to Oakland when the Raiders, when they left LA to go back to Oakland. Yeah, I was on a Southwest flight and it was nothing but Raider fans, including the guy the at the time, he was like the most famous Raider fan, the black dude that wore the shoulder pads with the spikes. You know, the guy.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm talking about Violator.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't remember his name, but yeah, his.
Speaker 4: Name is Violator. He's still he's still. Uh he has tickets from Vegas. Yeah, he's in Vegas.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Well I was on a plane with him and to There was a Raiders Seahawk game in Oakland at the Colisseum there, and I remember that was like, that was the guy. I remember remember other famous I guess famous Raider fans, but that was the one that was on it, so you've not just on it.
Speaker 4: There were such fun flights Bend because you could feel the excitement on the plane. It was such a game day feeling, even when you were high in the sky and a lot of a lot of the passengers were high from drinking before they even got on the plane. But I remember not only the drinking and the party atmosphere on the plane, but one guy walked on with his one carry on item and it was a Weber barbecue grill in its box.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 4: It was obviously planning on barbecuing in the you know, the Colisseum's parking lot prior to the game, even though he was flying up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My memory of that is not only the violator guy and just nothing but raider fans, but even the flight crew at Southwest. They would get on the PA and they would in There was like rhythmic chanting on the plane. Like the people, the flight attention.
Speaker 5: Yes, they were into it.
Speaker 1: They were like, this is fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 4: I remember the flight attendant would get on the intercom and lead the raids.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was pretty cool. And I'm not a raider fan or anything like that, but it was fun. It was a great environment. And then the raiders will go out and lose, but it was a fun environment. You know, people were into it.
Speaker 3: How dare you actually? Ben?
Speaker 4: I got to see the Gruden years and the rich Gannon years, so there was some winning, even though there was a lot of losing leading up to that.
Speaker 1: All right. Next up, Mark from Venice rites in and says, hey, Ben and Danny. President Trump took some shots of celebrities this week, which one is more accurate? It says Mark from Venice, I love the podcast yet, and then he says, I guess Trump called Bruce Pringsteen a dried out prune and Taylor Swift no longer hot. Uh. Yeah, that's political, mom man, that's the third rail.
Speaker 5: Mom man.
Speaker 1: Let's see here now, Taylor Swift, Danny is not my type of woman.
Speaker 5: Per se.
Speaker 1: I feel like she needs to eat more food.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's not voluptuous enough.
Speaker 1: Exactly, so she's that. I don't think she was ever really hot to me, you know, but that's a lot of people think she's beautiful and wonderful and all that.
Speaker 3: So you don't like to floss your teeth with your women.
Speaker 1: No, I want to no. Uh.
Speaker 5: And I don't know.
Speaker 1: I Bruce Springsteen. I like some of his old music, but I don't I have not seen him in a long time. I don't know he's old. How old is Bruce Springsteen?
Speaker 5: Is he in his eighties?
Speaker 1: He's got to be in his eighties.
Speaker 3: He's one hundred and five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he probably is a dried out prune, I would think, right, because I don't know. I mean, you get old, that's what happens. You know, if you're lucky enough to get old, if you're blessed enough to get old, your kind.
Speaker 4: Of things just kind of So yeah, I know he's on a summer tour, so he's still old enough. I mean, he's still young enough, I should say, to do his thing. But good, let's look that up Springsteen.
Speaker 3: What do you guess?
Speaker 1: I think he's like eighty one.
Speaker 4: I'll go eighty one. Yeah, he's got it. He's got to be getting up there, got oh seventy five?
Speaker 1: Really? Oh man? All right, all right, take that back.
Speaker 3: I guess because he's wrinkled up, he looks older.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love like guys like Mark and Venice, who said these like, what do you expect me to say? I don't know. I Trump's just trying to get in the headlines because he knows as you're talking about this, you're not talking about something else he's doing. So it's it's the oldest trick in the book. Tie from l Passo writes in and says, Ben, I know you had an incident years ago with Justin Bieber. Do you feel bad for the Beabes based on the story this week about him almost going broke? No, I don't. I don't give a listen the fact that Bieber's.
Speaker 4: Suldn't that your boy though? Didn't you hang with him at a Clippers game back in the day.
Speaker 1: I was a Laker game and his hoodie touched my arm justin Bieber's hoodie touched my arm. Was a Laker Rockets game at Staples and a couple of his security goons were leading him out to his front row seat at Staples Center. It was his call back then and beebes. He had a hoodie on, probably because he had just come from a freak off with Diddy and he was he was walking with his head down and the front of the cootie hit my my. It was my left arm. My Elwow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, clearly his downward spiral rubbed off on you.
Speaker 1: How dare you? I don't know what you're talking about. You've seen my paycheck, so yeah, I don't. What do you want to say?
Speaker 5: Ty? I mean?
Speaker 1: So he was almost broke. The story was he was this week day, he was almost broke, and then he sold his music catalog for two hundred million dollars. So I guess he's not broke. I guess he'll be okay. Jack from he says, Jack not in the box from Baker's Field rights in. He says, Ben, I know you're up on all the social media trends today, and I know you're a big fan of mister Beast. Jack says, from Bakersfield. Do you think mister Bee should have to pay the people of Mexico for using the mayansight to plug his candy?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: So, Jack, I don't know much about this. I don't do you know anything about this? Danny Soparently mister Beast is an internet YouTube superstar, the rock star I guess.
Speaker 3: And oh yeah, he even has a popular TV show.
Speaker 1: Now does he what channels it on?
Speaker 3: You have to look that up, but I know I've seen it on one of the streaming services.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this guy, Jack says, He says, mister Beast has a candy and was using a Mayan site, and now Mexico wants mister Beast to pay for using the Mayan the Mayan set, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know it's on Prime, so maybe it's not that popular.
Speaker 1: Hello, it's not on Peacock like Penny versus the Penny. Now that's no. I don't know much. I don't know much about mister beast. I know he's got a lot of money from what I've heard.
Speaker 3: So if he's got a ton of it and he gives a ton of it away.
Speaker 1: More money, more problems. Is that what the song goes? More money, more problem? So you have more money.
Speaker 4: He is the walking definition of you to spend money to make money.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what does Mexico want? I don't know what they want. I don't really about it.
Speaker 3: Jack, why you ask?
Speaker 4: And do you know that his net worth is five hundred and fifty million dollars?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: How how seriously? How good for him?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: You want to trade you out?
Speaker 5: You knew?
Speaker 1: The Overnight show, Mike and Fullerton writes and says, hey, Bendon, Danny g I've got a question. Inspired by the show's newest breakout star, Royal Flush Charlie. Charlie and Dallas, of course, is the guy that Mike is referencing. He's got Royal Flush Charlie is the nickname also the Dallas Dumper from his propensity to do the show. Call the show from the bathroom, he says, how much time do you spend on the John? Are you a get in, get out kind of guy? Or do you take your time like Charlie. Hopefully my question doesn't scare off any of the few die hard female fans of the Fifth Hour. And that is from Mike in Fullerton. Yeah, I'm getting get out guy. You know, do what you gotta do and make sure to flush flushy, flushy, very important. And then I do like the toilet. We have a high end tushy toilets Danny with the water, so that does make the toilet experience a more enjoyable experience. But yeah, I don't spend it.
Speaker 3: That sounds cold. Do you have like a temperature gauge on the water?
Speaker 1: It's room temperature water. It's fine, it's not I would want that warm. No, no, you don't want it one that would burn very important regions of the body. You want it room temperature.
Speaker 3: You want a very European of you.
Speaker 1: Listen some things they do right, relegation and water in your took us that those two things they.
Speaker 4: Do want a shower or a bath. It's for I don't want water constantly spranging. I want anything, But.
Speaker 1: No, it's not constantly spraying.
Speaker 3: Number one.
Speaker 1: Number two. You can adjust it to how you want it.
Speaker 3: What do you mean it's not constantly sprang what is it a trickle?
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, no, I'm saying, when you do what you have to do, you here.
Speaker 3: Means then it's a blast, right I know that.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, okay, see going, but how long does it?
Speaker 3: How long does it blast you?
Speaker 1: As long as you want. There's a there's this thing. You twist it and it turns the water on and it sprays right, and you took us right the dirty part and it cleans to the dirt, away the poopy. Oh man, okaymi, And then you turn the water off and then you you're supposed to make sure you do a follow up. There's one wipe to follow up.
Speaker 3: You get to go. You don't have a toddler running around your mansion obviously if you did.
Speaker 4: If you did, your bathroom would be your fortress, it would be your solace. So when I go in there, I bring my phone, make sure it's charged, and I do a lot of show prep for the Covino and Rich show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See yeah, well if I if I had that situation, I would likely do the same thing. But I hang out with Moxy. You know. Week it's pretty much me and the dog. The wife's at work and she works at night, so's she leaves for work before I do, So I'm just kind of hanging out and whatever. You go in there, get done, move on moving the next thing. But great question, my really deep that one thing on a Sunday.
Speaker 4: Ben, you've a ball. Back in the day it was freak offs and now it's poop offs.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, baby oil is a great probably Joe from Brooklyn. Hello, Joe from Brooklyn rights and says Ben and Danny daddy g He says, I heard Ben you talking about Moxie on the show.
Speaker 5: The other day.
Speaker 1: What do you think about the story this week that one in seven dog owners would dump their partner to extend their dog's life by three years, says Joe. One of seven people are with someone they should not be with. Danny's that seems like that's what that means, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that in the new phenomenon in the past decade or so where people treat it well, probably twenty years now, if not twenty five, were people call their pets their babies and their children and they push them around in strollers. Back in the day, when Paris Hilton treated their dogs like that, people laughed. But now you see regular people on the street treating their animals that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little much. Yeah, I love Moxie Joe, and Moxie's my pal. And but Maxi's a dog. Maxie licks its ass, you know. I mean, what do you want me to do?
Speaker 4: I mean, Dan, I'm a donkey mom, or what did the lady say? A lady called Kovino and Rich last week and complained because Rich was going in on people that are a little too close to their pets. And she said, I am a cat mom and I don't care if you don't like that term. And Rich was like, well, that's fine, but they're not the same as children. She's like to me, it is my child, And so he got some blowback on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is fun doing a national show and having the random not in the demo listener call up and start attacking you for something. One of my favorite memories of that this goes back twenty years and there was some political something in the Middle East that was going on twenty years ago, and I remember what it was. But this old woman from somewhere in the northeast, somewhere in the New England States called up and was on hold for a long time. Because she didn't have anything to say, and she was not in the demo, and she was on hold, and then she got on the air and she's she's like ripping. She takes a shot at Fox News right and hangs up, not realizing we're not Fox News right. She's like all upset. It was like it was the funniest thing. I still remember, We're not even related. We work for iHeart Medias who we worked for. That's the parent company that we have to deal with on a regular.
Speaker 3: I heeart that it's nothing to do with Fox Corporation.
Speaker 1: Not at all. No, no, no, all right, yeah, so I thank you for the story, Joe. By the way, Joe says, millennials are the ones that are most likely to dump their their significant other for a dog. Alf from the Mass Mutual Center rights and as I sat through my son's college graduation ceremonial, the congratulations little baby, Alf all grown up? How about you? Alf says As I sat through my son's college graduation ceremony, I couldn't help but think of the following question. Would you guys take a do over and go back to college and into the job market intoday's market, says Alf. Yeah, unless I knew the knowledge I have now, and if I could go back and do it all over again with knowledge that I've gained through my life, that would be kind of cool.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't want to redo that part of life. What I would want to redo are a couple of those program director jobs I had because much like you, I don't play the game. I didn't play the game where you should be buddies with your bosses and go drinking with some of the people you work with. I was so focused on the actual radio station that I didn't hobnob enough.
Speaker 3: I think that's the word.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so if I could go back and just have a little bit more fun and enjoy things and maybe and not kissing ass necessarily. But like I didn't even go to station events or like people's you know, parties that they would throw and they would invite everybody from work. I would never even attended things like that. Anti social I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I hear you, I hear you. There's some some things that I in the multiverse. I like, what would have happened. I interviewed with TMZ Sports in twenty oh nine. I was about to be hired. They were going to launch TMZ Sports. I was wondering what would have happened if that had taken off they had hired me, And then famously was also around that time, I somewhere in that period, there was like two or three years there. I went, I went to Bristol, Connecticut, met with the ESPN executives there, and I was about to be hired there, and then that didn't work out. So like there's a couple of things that happened where I was like, I don't know if that would have I don't think I really fit ESPN per se would you look at things like that? But I'm happy. I think we're pretty lucky.
Speaker 3: Danny.
Speaker 1: We got in before the everyone's got a podcast era. You know, you actually had to earn it to get on the radio, and it meant something. It was meaningful. You know, you can just anybody could get a podcast and do that. You had to. You had to work your way up, and that was kind of cool, you know. I think I think that's a yeah.
Speaker 4: And we were both with the network before it became the number one sports network in the country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's I have fond memories of being on Fox Sports Radio in Binghamton, New York and Pitts in a couple other cities, and we were like the fourth sports network in the country, and now we're at the top. Nick in Wisconsin rights in, thanks, alf, I hope your son does well. I want know what your son majored in. Nick in Wisconsin says Ben and Danny. We just had our second tornado warning in the last few weeks as I write this, which is rare in west central Wisconsin. Nick says, do either of you believe that the government has weather controlling technology and is using it to bend the American people to its will? Let's go coast to coast on this Sunday fun day. Yeah, So, I totally believe that technology is out there, and if the technology is out there, then the government has access to it. I absolutely believe that. And we know that the technology is out there because in the Middle East they have been fussing around with us. Didn't they have big floods because they messed it up? Was it last year or two years ago? Remember they had the big floods of places that they don't really get a lot of rain. They were they were messing around seating clouds and coming up with with rain and they got it wrong, and there were there were like flash flood warnings in a place that doesn't get much rain at all, and the theory is that's because they were humanly manipulating the weather. So I absolutely believe it's out there. And if it's out there, the government's got their fingers in it.
Speaker 4: So I buy that. What about you, Danny, let me ask you this. If you did, yeah, I know this is on your bucket list. If you did get to fill in for George Nori for a week Premiere Networks, what do you think you would spend most of the airtime talking about.
Speaker 1: I'd love to have a chance to fill in on Coast to Coast. I would do remote viewing because I've heard a lot about that recently, so I do remote viewing UFOs.
Speaker 4: I could do like some Bigfoot stuff UFO and the alien stuff has been in the news, and your theory about there being a world underneath the ocean and the sea and under mountains. Possibly we should get Nori back on the podcast.
Speaker 1: It's a great idea. We should track down Georgia and I'm going to I'm going to be in Vancouver coming up here in eleven days, so we're going to have to do some some we call him Evergreen Ponds Danny that will stand the test of time. So we'll have to do an interview weekend of chit Chat while I'm in Vancouver. So love to get George on and talk about some of those amazing Coast to Coast topics which are so good and really great on the podcast, because you can listen to the overnight show Live Danny, and then you can go back and hear the Coast to Coast Podcast with our buddy, the great George Norri who's been doing that for what thirty close to thirty years now.
Speaker 3: Coast time now, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Been a long run for sure. Kwang from Vietnam says Ben and Daddy G Radio instead of see you later, Alligator, I think I found a new book for Daddy G Radio to read, the baby CoA see you later, excavator. Have you heard of that book? Danny?
Speaker 3: You know what's funny about that.
Speaker 4: There's a song that's been staying in me and my better half brains and it's from Blippy.
Speaker 3: Are you aware of who Blippy is?
Speaker 1: I am not aware of the magical ability of Blippy.
Speaker 4: No Blippy is this goofy dude there's actually two of them that sort of look alike, and they pretend like it's only one guy, so they take turns doing the show. But Blippy wears a dumb hat and dumb glasses and suspenders and a bow tie and pants that look a little too tight, and he runs around like museums and kids parks and playgrounds and things around the country that would interest kids. He talks in a weird kind of pee wee herman voice. It's somewhat educational, but kids have gravitated towards this Blippy guy. He has a song that's called the Excavator Song. He shows an excavator and the song goes, I'm an excavator. And whenever CoA is dancing around the living room listening to the Excavator song, Brendon and I look at each other and we're like, we're gonna be singing this stupid song to ourselves for the next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's a tough one. This book, though, it's a real book. He sent me a quang sent me a screenshot. See you later, excavator.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna look that up.
Speaker 1: You might have to get that for a little baby cold for sure. Time for one or two more here on the mail bag. Oh gotta get my guy Reggie and Reggie from Detroit. This dude emails us every week pretty much. He says, Ben, the show Around the Horn, its final week is this week on ESPN, the last episode coming up. He says, were you ever a fan of the show? And did you ever appear on that show or something like that show? Says our our guy Reggie from Detroit. No, Reggie, I was never on Around the Horn. I have seen the show. I stopped watching it probably twenty years ago, maybe longer. The late great T. J. Simers, who I got to know a lot. He was on it when it started and it went away, it went away. I just not it's not for me. I don't know who.
Speaker 4: Your credits include a couple of appearances on America's Most Wanted definitely and before that of course, and beat W and BC.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right now. I was on a show that Max Kellerman hosted on Fox that no one remembers called IMAX. I was a guest on I Max with Michael.
Speaker 3: I do that does sound familiar?
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, I did a guest spot. It was funny because I was on there the episode I was on. Jason Whitlock was on, he was a guest on that, but it was Max Kellerman hosted it with this guy named Michael Holly, who is a Boston sports media personality. So I was on that, But no, I was never on Around the Horn. I haven't watched it in years, And I did see the story on Your Your Boy Clay's website that they said the ESPN canceled even though Around the Horn got good ratings, they canceled it because they couldn't get the people to focus on sports without making like whack of doodle comments about politics and ideology and things like that. So I thought that was kind.
Speaker 4: Of amusing that you lose, yeah, because if you were the winner, you had screen time and you could talk about whatever you wanted, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they go on rants and that you talk about easy money. And I don't know how much they're making now, but from what I heard from the late great TJ. Seimers, they would pay those people on that show, like I think it was seven seven hundred and fifty dollars a day minimum for a thirty minute show, an ensemble cast, and you're only on there for you know, maybe ten minutes at the most or something like that where you're actually happing.
Speaker 3: Got some easy money right there.
Speaker 1: And that was money. You know, it's probably gone up, I would imagine it.
Speaker 3: Sure, it's double that at least.
Speaker 1: All right. I think that's enough, Danny. We got stuff to do. I'll be back tonight.
Speaker 4: With the you've been You sounded like you bummed yourself out thinking of other people's money there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, no, it's fine. Good for them. I'm happy, you know. Anyway, Don't think about the money, Dandy. Don't touch the money. It's not your money, daddy.
Speaker 5: No man.
Speaker 4: Hey, every week going into the radio shows, I pretend like I have a callin Cowherd contract, because if you go about your business that way, someday you will have that contract.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, we have the same platform he has. He just has a lot more money. Good for him. But yes, And the great thing about it is for people that love Danny g and people that like what we know I do, were more important than Coward. For people that like us.
Speaker 4: Thank you to everybody for downloading, and then do us one favor. Just send the podcast to one family member or one friend before the weekend is over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, help us out, get those numbers up and keep growing. The family will grow to the family. I'll be back tonight on the radio after well, the game sevens earlier, but I'll be on after away after Game seven between the Nuggets and the Thunder today, and then we'll have the Conference finals all set and I'll be on at two am Monday morning in the East, eleven pm tonight Sunday night in the West. A full week of new shows talking sporty stuff and whatever else pops up and Danny, what's your schedule this week? Normal or somewhat normal?
Speaker 4: Somewhat normal Monday through Thursday, it'll be the usual afternoon drive time for Cavino and Rivitch. But on Friday we will be in again for the great Dan Patrick outstanding.
Speaker 1: So enjoy that Cavino and Rich with Danny and you got me on the overnight show, and we thank you guys for listening here and love and enjoy the Game seven. Yeah, looking forward to that. Hopefully we got some good stuff to talk about from that game and then the Conference Finals this week and upward and onward. We'll talk to you next time later, skater, what's that, Dan? I didn't hear you.
Speaker 3: What Danny later, excavator, gotta murder, I gotta go