Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of From Russia with Trend. Oh trend doesn't sound like love, Jael doesn't at all. But that's that's what I got. My name is Jack. That's Miles. That one. That trending title courtesy of me, just realizing five seconds before we started recording that I needed a trending title. All right, Miles, Yes, Russia is trending.
Speaker 2: Russia. Russia, Russia is what they do this time?
Speaker 1: Yoj brother, what do this right time?
Speaker 3: Right around the time we stopped recording the trending episode yesterday, there's like this unsealed indictment from the Department of Justice that shows that a Tennessee based media network that produces shows for high profile right wing influencers such as Benny Johnson and Tim Poole, Lauren Southern, Dave Rubin, and the like, turned out to be largely funded by Russian state backed news network RT Russia Today. The DOJ quote claims the US company, along with other news outlets they were able to identify, as Tenant Media, but it goes unnamed in the indictment, posted hundreds of videos on social media that.
Speaker 2: Pushed Kremlin approved talking points.
Speaker 3: They were able to figure out because in the indictment it said like like there was just something that just was fully ripped off of like their YouTube channel, and people were like, Oh, that's this place. And then when they lined up like how many subscribers people had, They're like, Oh, that's Tim Poole, Oh that's Benny Johnson.
Speaker 2: What is going on?
Speaker 3: So it turns out this is from Wired Quote posing as outside video editors. The pair of Russia Today employees allegedly were intimately involved in Tenant Media's operations. Kalishnikov, for example, quote monitored Tenet Media's internal communications and edited content published by the company.
Speaker 2: The indictment claims.
Speaker 3: Afanas Yeva, who allegedly used the fake personas Helena Shudra and Victoria Pesti while working with Tennant Media, said to have Quote edit, did, posted and directed the posting by Tenant Media, and provided day to day direction to the company's staff, alleging that she worked with Tenet Media, including instructing the company to post pro Russian viewpoints such as pushing a micro pushing a conspiracy theory that Ukraine and US were responsible for a March terrorist attack, and a music venue in Moscow. The indictment is full of many damning little tidbits, like including some of the talking points that they wanted disseminated, and when you read them, you're like, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, this is like Fox. Yeah, so they say all the time, which is kind of odd because like that Also in the indictment, they're saying that these people were like unwittingly part of this scheme, but it seems like.
Speaker 1: So they didn't know they were working for the Kremlin.
Speaker 3: They were somebody's Yeah, they're like they're offering me, like, you know, timpoles like I want one hundred kN episode, you know, or it's just not worth it for me, and like it all like they got what they wanted.
Speaker 1: There are wires did this investigation?
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, not why this is just like this is just from one of the this.
Speaker 1: Is why it is reporting on a DOJ investigation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And many people are now reporting on this because it's pretty big and these are huge voices in like right wing talker sphere, and when you like look at the kinds of things that they've been saying, you're like, oh right, yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: This all makes sense.
Speaker 3: I mean people have been saying that for a while now are regurgitating this stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for a while now, it's been very strange that the Republican Party has like suddenly become very pro Russia and or at least like a lot of the adherence to the Republican Party and the mouthpieces of the Republican Party and Fox News' method for generating stories for a long time now has been just like, see what the types of people like Tim Poole are saying, and then just like let that stuff bubble up essentially exactly, so it.
Speaker 3: Goes from right wing shit talkers to then pretending it's like real mainstream news and you're saying stuff like Ukraine is the biggest enemy of the United States, and it's just like kind of hard to to like understand because a big rually these people just push whatever like the antithetical viewpoint is of whatever Democrats are saying. So it's like through that prism, like I can see how they could have plausible deniability of or like, well, like I'm just diametrically opposed to everything they say. So if they say we need to help Ukraine, I say they are our greatest enemy. But then you put this along the lines of what these specific talking points that these people were supposed to disseminate were.
Speaker 2: And you're like, oh, well, what came first.
Speaker 3: The propaly like the dissemination of you know, propaganda talking points or the Republican's habits of just being like the doing opposite day of Democrats.
Speaker 1: What is all Tim Poole saying at this point and we still do not know what is true on this one. Guys, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: He's like yeah with these then he but then he signs off.
Speaker 3: He's like Putin is a scumbag, Russia sunk sucks donkey balls. And to the journalists who wish to jump on, jump the gun, create their own narrative or lie about what is currently going on, you can my Irish ass.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah, Doug.
Speaker 2: So just I don't know, it's all.
Speaker 1: There's a great even more News episode or some more news episode from Cody and Katie about Tempoole and just like his instincts and like he'll there'll be like a mass shooting and he'll be he will just like guess exactly wrong as to like what's going on, and like be proven wrong within twelve hours. But like go real real strong on, like you know, I think we can tell what's going on here, Yeah, exactly, just like get the like get the person who's involved wrong. So yeah, I mean it always felt like this is what was going on. Yeah, and now we seem to have receipts that this is what's going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This is causing a bit of a stir on the right as they're like trying to like Jesse Waters was like, well, by this metric, everything I say on this show, we'll have the earmarks of Russian propaganda. And you're like, yeah, yeah, trying to make it be like it's actually China that's bad and they're doing their best to like spin this all.
Speaker 2: Kinds of ways. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, like there are many other countries who I would say, are we have politicians disseminating their talking points as well through uh, you know, intermediaries such as APAC.
Speaker 2: But yes, today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh some ripples like Blaze just fired one of the video creators who was actually like tied in with this Blaze TV. The Glenn Beck's like weird little media company just fired Lauren Chen who's involved. Yeah right, yeah, like she's an independent contractor. We actually don't know her never never even talked to her. We just right churn intent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, exactly, But yeah, this is this is all everyone is like trying to explain away, like what is happening on the right.
Speaker 2: It's just all very again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure this is going to continue to evolve as the weekend goes on, because people are bracing themselves for more revelations.
Speaker 1: More revelations. So there's this guy, Licktman. He has predicted successfully every presidential winner for the last forty years. At about this time, so about a month out, two months out, he runs the upcoming election through his thirteen keys and outcomes result and as thirteen keys, we will take you through what they are. They seem somewhat subjective. They're very confusing to me. They don't like make clear sense to me. But he was one of the only people who picked Donald Trump to win in twenty sixteen who wasn't like actively working for the Donald Trump campaig. And the one place that he was off is Al Gore. He predicted Al Gore would win in two thousand, George W. Bush one in two thousand. But he's like, actually not really though, if Florida had not fucked up the vote counting, which I mean is an argument. I think it would just be fair for him to be like it was extremely close, that was the only one that was marginal. But anyways, he has run the numbers on the upcoming election and they I think it's of the thirteen keys, he has like ten of them going for Kamala Harris. And yeah, because like the way the article in the the article that's writing about it is the Daily Mail dot Co. Which yeah, not the most so like this this should put just put what we're saying in the proper context. This person is like somewhere between the octopus who could predict the world outcome and Nate Silver, you know, who also not very reputable, but.
Speaker 2: He's not weird hair. Is that a wig? You think? Have you seen this guy?
Speaker 1: Is the braids? I don't what is it? Who lickman?
Speaker 2: Yeah he's got oh wow. Yeah yeah, Now I'm not saying that's a wig, but yeah.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a wild head of hair on top of his head.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I mean a lot of people are a lot of people are picking It's not just the Daily Mail, but like a lot because you know, because of his sort of nickname.
Speaker 2: As like election nostrodamus.
Speaker 3: You're like, whoa, another little another, Let's put another check pollmark on that side for the horse race.
Speaker 1: The other key, which direction myke ken burns ass hair is pointing When I wake up the morning before the election. Hey, uh so I'll just the keys. The thirteen keys include mid term gains, incumbency, primary contest, third party, short term economy, long term economy, policy change, social unrest, white House scandal, incumbent charisma, challenger charisma, foreign policy failures, and foreign policy success. And like, the article by the Daily Mail is weird because it's it says like, well, two of these things could switch for Trump in the coming weeks, which would swing the election. But then it goes on to say that even if those two factors switched, Trump would only have five keys in his So I don't know why they say in the first place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I would expect nothing less from a conservative rag to like try and put a nice blanket of cope around the bad news.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but yeah, great.
Speaker 1: It seems who knows. Other people are talking about how Trump's attack ads on Kamala Harris might be working. According to the Economist, which.
Speaker 3: Is the one where he's like, she's she does sex acts on people for her career.
Speaker 2: Like what the like that ship that he's been saying, Okay, she.
Speaker 1: Murdered people and used immigration as the murder weapon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're all voting for all.
Speaker 1: Right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We're back, And I guess that here's one thing that Lichtmann's model isn't taken into account. Trump TikTok.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's got a new ad out. I guess you call it an ad. It just looks like a direct to camera rant that he's doing. But telling all the young ones out there that I love TikTok and you should vote for me. This is him with his latest plea to help him from legal jeopardy.
Speaker 4: For all of those that want to save TikTok in America, vote for Trump. The other side's closing it up. But I'm now a big star on TikTok. Have TikTok Jack.
Speaker 2: And what's that say, TikTok Jack. I don't know what that last part was, gonna have TikTok Jack?
Speaker 1: What are you?
Speaker 2: Are you TikTok Jack?
Speaker 1: I mean I do have a TikTok.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, anyway, he's a big star. We'll take it again.
Speaker 3: Maybe they have a check mark, but that you would have that because you're a political anyway, I'll go on, Donald, we.
Speaker 4: Even have TikTok Jack, and we're setting records. We're not doing anything with TikTok, but the other side's going to close it up. So if you like TikTok, you back and vote for Trump. If you don't care about TikTok and other things like safety, security and prosperity, then you can vote for a Marxist who's going to destroy our country, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Okay, Wow, And that was their best take, which is wild. Yeah, because you know, you even got TikTok Jack, and you know the kids.
Speaker 2: They love to tick it on the talking like what do you do it? What do who are you talking to?
Speaker 1: Who's your Whoever made that video obviously was just like and yeah, there's a part where we don't know what the fuck he's saying or intending to say. But that's actually a pretty good percentage ten percent, pretty good for a normal Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Do we even have TikTok Jack?
Speaker 1: Even is tick is the person who owns TikTok named Jack. No tick talk Jack.
Speaker 2: We even have TikTok Jack.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's just one of those weird because here's the thing, right, The thing that sticks out to me is that, like all the time, like he's this, this is he'd like any down the camera sort of like ads he does. There's a fuck ton of edits and cuts in there because the guy's brain is transitioning from solid state to liquid fart. And this one is remarkable because if only just for the fact that it's just one take, like he's fucking hove.
Speaker 2: In the booth or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So because of that, it has the camera shut the fuck up, get me in front of the camera.
Speaker 3: In my brain, yeah, he's like, yeah, okay, no pen, no pad, what's this?
Speaker 2: What's this? I'm about to black out in the booth. But that's why I like the TikTok Jack part.
Speaker 3: Again, I'm maybe getting hung up on a weird thing like the six point eight weeks, but uh, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: But there he is, and that's his plea to please vote for him. Because the other guys.
Speaker 1: Find I'm not getting anything. I went to Internet and searched TikTok Jack and quotes, and it's just people ray the text from this add out and then saying what is that?
Speaker 2: Oh really? Yeah? Yeah, or it's a Joe Biden meme. What's TikTok jack?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe that's how I opened TikTok jack jack. Anyways, but you know, so we'll see when you stick that in your keys. Lichtman, I think he just fucking opened the door one of my whole fucking thing. I think he just TikTok jacked opened the door on this election, all right. And then we just wanted to check in, as we do. We could care. That's about the country struggling. No, I want to hear about Havana syndrome.
Speaker 2: Don't we don't we folks? We love Havana syndrome, don't we folks?
Speaker 1: We love it, don't we folks? Uh So, one of the first stories we ever talked about on the show. Uh and it might be time to bid farewell. I mean it already seemed pretty.
Speaker 2: But fully killed it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I bodied that shit miles. Yeah, but it was dredged up by sixty minutes earlier this year. And then there were the conspiracy theorists who suggested that Biden's pour debate performance was due to some kind of sonic weapon and not literally every other problem that's been plaguing Joe Biden's brain that we all knew.
Speaker 3: About, right, and also like to the symptoms of Howyavana syndrome's like, I don't know, stress and aging.
Speaker 1: It sounds yeah, yeah, well it's in the news again this week. First of all, the New York Times obtained part of the FBI's redacted twenty nineteen report on Havana syndrome, which definitively concludes that it was a quote social contagion and nothing else. The FBI is said, you got notes that the agency could not quote identify any single cause for these symptoms. The FBI, I was so dismissive of the Havana syndrome theory that they put the word victim in quotation marks describing those affected by havana sysm. FBI and the CIA don't get along, So like there's that, but like this.
Speaker 3: Is I just love to like for people who I'm sure are experiencing these kinds of symptoms. You read this thing like yeah victim number three, yeah, aka whiny ass Brad, and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, I think I use my home in there.
Speaker 1: But the big news is UH. A institution that is not known for beefing with the CIA, the National Institutes of Health, has announced that it's stopping its Havana syndrome research after a quote internal investigation found that people had been coerced into being part of the research, which is a big problem because voluntary consent is necessary for any ethically conductive research. You need the person to want to be part of it. Like, it can't it can't be like I don't know I'm being made to submit to this, because then obviously there are questions about do you have an ulterior motive? Who does the person who's making you do this have an ulterior motive?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I like that in that report, Like they couldn't specify, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the NIH doesn't specify. But these are CIA agents who are being forced by someone who's good at forcing things without being named to participate, even making them quote join the research as a prerequisite to getting healthcare. The CIA denies this.
Speaker 2: Wow wow, wow.
Speaker 1: In any case, the NIH is done with this shit. It's not like they don't have a lot of information at this point. Already, there've already been several studies conducted that found absolutely nothing, and the NIH has stated even though they're halting the current study, that decision does not change the conclusions they've reached already, which were that it is a social contagion, which was our conclusion, you know seven years ago when we first started.
Speaker 2: Is that when the story first came out.
Speaker 1: I mean it was it was happening at the very start of the Trump administration. So yeah, I believe I think it was. Actually I think the Havana sin.
Speaker 3: First story case is reported in late twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was. It predates this show. Yeah, those things don't predate this show. My second kid doesn't. I know, It's been a long time.
Speaker 2: Holy shit.
Speaker 1: Also just worth noting, you know, Cuban President Miguel Diaz Canal Better Mudez took to social media and was like, so, we're gonna like take another look at this one because your quote disregard for the damage caused to this country by the Havanah syndrome theory is quote a vile pretext to include Cuba in the list of sponsors of terrorism and to reinforce the genocidal blockade. With more than two hundred and forty measures. Like, yeah, again, the blockade we've talked about also on the show is starving people to death. That's you know, America loves to have things. Let's be bad for Cuban people so they can be like you see, folks, if you oh.
Speaker 3: Wow, look at Venezuela, look at that. Don't look at the sanctions, just look at what's going on.
Speaker 2: We got nothing to do with that. If they maybe, if they weren't bad, put them on financial time out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, that is I mean that, that's precisely like all this did was like to kind of keep stoking the flames of a scary Cuba. But Blake Wexler went recently and he said it was wonderful.
Speaker 2: So Cia, you got a lot of work to do.
Speaker 3: If Blake Wexler came back from there and was like, I don't know, man, he was like, it was lovely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you came back from there flush with cash though and speaking with a Russian accent.
Speaker 3: Idea to get a classic car from the fifties that was cherry condition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,