Speaker 1: Hello, hello, FBI agents and Miles's phone, can you please?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, that's my mother is in the FBI. Yeah no, well should I guess already blew up the spot? Yeah, yeah, she's she's a fad.
Speaker 3: But a lot of things are making sense right now.
Speaker 4: I mean, keep your enemies closer, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, raised by a fad vibes, you know, like how there's like homeschool vibes.
Speaker 3: You got baby.
Speaker 4: Baby baby narc has got to be a show.
Speaker 2: Make it happen. What is it just a show where you talk to the kids of like feds.
Speaker 4: No, it's just like a It's like a kid showing how to actually nark on your parents.
Speaker 2: Oh, mommy, said parents. Yeah yeah, mommy, mommy. Why am I Elmo all of a sudden, My Malmo's under consent. I'm just trying to undermine the American project.
Speaker 1: Elmo knows where you live.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Elmo is access cuts a deal to come back under the Trump administration. But just as teaching kids how to nark.
Speaker 1: Big Bird rules with an iron fist.
Speaker 2: Like Elma.
Speaker 5: Alma got in trouble for a crypto rockport and I'm party and so Alma, I'm on the state propaganda.
Speaker 1: Oscar is like the only resistance and he's living in little trash. He's one of the poores.
Speaker 2: He was like a motherfucker, fuck.
Speaker 1: Know what the world is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got a whole underground like that trash can. We don't know where it leads. It's a whole situation.
Speaker 2: Oscars Amas No, he's that, or he's Mario Brothers and goes and then goes down into the Whoa to his subterranean world.
Speaker 3: He's anying with the Ninja Turtles.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Crossover episodes Splinter, Hell yeah, what I'm the fake as Japanese names, I love Itaki Michael Angelo? What Leonardo? You don't know? Leonardo Yamamoto Pizza was a traditional Japanese quisine. Hello the Internet, Welcome to Season three. Night So two. The Days I Guys, Reotion My Heart is a podcast take deep into America's shared consciousness. It's Tuesday, May twentieth, which means it's National Keish Lorraine Day, It's National pick Strawberries Day, It's National Rescue Dog Day, and National be a Millionaire Day. Hell yeah, I want to be a million How did I do that? How do I do that? Do I do I cape for tax cuts for the wealthy.
Speaker 4: Now, you gotta buy the crypto first.
Speaker 2: You gotta buy crypto first. I will buy the crypto first, and then I be millionaire with Lambeau. That's fantastic. My name is Miles Gray. We're just getting right into this. My name is Miles Gray, AKA bring more whites to the country. Make a racist resort, immigration, no waiting, don't give a fuck if economy's failing. BRANDI nine and Arnie or an arne. Yes, make a racist resort. Okay, shout out to one dollar William for that, because again, like you said, last week, America got fifty nine people wider. Okay, as we welcome.
Speaker 1: I thought a racist resort was just sandals. I didn't.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow, she's checked in. She's checked in, and by that I mean today's guest co host. She's a fantastic writer, comedian, activist, teacher, scientist, learned person. Okay, also the architect of my downfall by starting the eating fires. Please welcome to the microphone the one only public dollar.
Speaker 1: Okay. Activist sounds way you active for me. I don't. I don't really move that much.
Speaker 4: Okay, you were like fine with starting the eaton fire. You're like, I definitely did that.
Speaker 1: That was a personal beat between me.
Speaker 2: A lot of collateral damage.
Speaker 1: Like a lighter near his window, say last week, just putting on the door knob, set fire. I got two sticks, aren't you?
Speaker 2: Like? Really good as science? This is you're gonna do a fire like? Wasn't thermodynamics.
Speaker 1: I'm a slow Piro.
Speaker 2: Slow Yo, slow Pyro, slow Pyro.
Speaker 1: That's a good name.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a funnier die sketch about a bad or sinister or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just my life mile.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, is definitely a Coachella bad I like it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, they're check them out at Disposito. Okay, all right, well anyway there you there you are, Polly, thank you for joining me today. Who is that fantastic voice you heard? Oh that's none other? And then another brilliant comedian, journalist, activist, parent, partner, fucking source of my great tickets, all kinds of mother, wife, mother, I mean god.
Speaker 4: American flag emoji.
Speaker 2: American flag, American flag emoji, fist bump emoji. You know her from the Situation Room, which has a live show here in Los Angeles, May thirtieth at the Allegion be there because you may see some familiar faces. Please we'll go grandy.
Speaker 4: I'm here with my county Bob. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh we love a cunt. I'm just a simple county bob.
Speaker 3: I love a cunt.
Speaker 2: I love a cunt, I love a gun, I love a cut, love a cunty bob.
Speaker 1: Unt the just Country.
Speaker 4: Come on and see it live at the Allegian, guys, May thirtieth. It's gonna be super good couch. Remember Eunice is Hernandez is gonna be on there the best.
Speaker 1: She's the best.
Speaker 4: But also Rachel Rays of the ELI podcast. You guys need to like a good if you're in l and you need a good local podcast. LA podcast is excellent.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Rachel's a long time activist. Also Rent someone from the Rent Brigade, which has been like blowing the whistle basically on all the price gouging that's happened after the fires.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: If you know about them, and they've they've been you know, soliciting fuck in you know whatever, whistleblowers and intel and they've been calling up you know, realtors and chewing them out. They're great. So it's gonna be a good night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fantastic A man the illusion. I haven't I haven't been there yet. I really want to fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's lovely.
Speaker 2: What part what part of Memorial Day week and is it? Where does the thirtieth land?
Speaker 4: Oh it's all, it's all said and done. Memorial Day weekend, it's over. It's the next weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh it's been next Oh right, because it doesn't. We don't have a last Monday and makes sense? Makes sense? Well, thank you both for joining me, joining us the zeit Gang, and making this more of able show. Oh remember there is the twenty third. Thank you Victor for that reminder. Okay, Memorial don't remember.
Speaker 1: The remember the thirtieth, because that's when the show waits.
Speaker 4: That's right, exactly what he cares about, Memorial about Memorial Day?
Speaker 2: Wait so thenmore? Wait so then it's a Monday. Misdam, No, it's not, because it's the twenty sixth. Okay, Victor, you.
Speaker 4: Know the twenty six more?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just hit me with the bunk.
Speaker 1: You know, the daily Zeitgeist where we know what the days are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome to the show. Hide hide Miles Biden's cognitive decline. Producers from the rest of Please Please The original Sin Yeah, it wasn't Adam and Eve with the fucking apt No.
Speaker 1: It wasn't sexy Leaves.
Speaker 2: I wonder do you think Christians feel like they would feel some kind of way about them saying the original sin was hiding Joe Biden's cognitive decline and not the original sin the condition.
Speaker 4: I mean, very close for someone to someone making that exact point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, here we are. We are going to get to know you a little bit better. Bether better, Francesca, No, Bether, We'll go with Bether. We're gonna get to know even Betther, Francesca. What are we gonna talk about today? We're gonna check in on Trump's big beautiful bill whatever. We'll talk about how just it's just riddled with fuckery as it were. We'll also talk about Trump. Really he got chipped by Bruce Springsteen's talking a bunch of shit on stage in the UK that now he is calling for an investigation into the Boss and beyond, saying Oprah among others, for endorsing the losing candidate. I don't know sure, man.
Speaker 1: That is a fucking sick ass blood rotation.
Speaker 2: Yeah wait, Bruce Springsteen, Beyonce bro, Yeah, who do you think Yeah, I mean, Beyonce talks about smoking weed, but she doesn't. She doesn't really strike me as a stone's too.
Speaker 4: She's too oc d.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Even the Cowboy Carter tour, there was so much smoking imagery coming from her. I was like, what the fuck? Like, I was really like, cigarettes are back, and Beyonce's saying cigarettes are back.
Speaker 4: She wanted people to stop eating meat, and now she's like, never mind cigarettes, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Never mind, let's just let's just have some cognac. So we'll talk about that. Uh, and then we are just dystopia becoming realer by the day and more vivid and stupider. The ice reality show that Christy Nome is teaming up with the producer of Duck Dynasty for that's ay we will talk about because somehow that Daily Mail is the outlet that got their hands on the fucking pitch deck for this legitimate TV production they're trying to like get made green lay it's I can't even okay. I'll tease the story by saying they're coming up with a reality show where contestants vy for a American citizenship as the grand prize. There will be only one winner and then it will turn into the running man.
Speaker 4: I have a very controversial take. You gotta wait for.
Speaker 2: It, and it's coming up in the third act. Don't skip, don't skip, don't skip.
Speaker 4: Unless I run my mouth so much in the fact one and two, we don't even get.
Speaker 2: To it that you or you figure it out. Who knows either way? Here we are.
Speaker 5: Reality, so you get bagged and actually, yeah, baby, uh Francisco, what's something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 4: So I was looking at my duck duck go, which is what I used to search things, obviously because maximum privacy, maximum quackery.
Speaker 2: M h and uh.
Speaker 4: I found this search history that was like from a few days ago that was just baby airplanes overhead. I was like, what the fuck was I looking?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Can you think about like when I say those three words, what was I trying to look up? Baby? Oh, it's for overhead.
Speaker 1: One of those things for a crib like.
Speaker 2: No, no, like a mobile, like a mobile? No, a mobile? Baby? Okay, baby airplanes overhead. So it's it's not a mobile airplane mobile. It's that you were looking for maybe some kind of baby accessory that could go in the overhead. Yes, like a stroller.
Speaker 4: I was image searching because back in like the sixties, right, you know, airline travel was a lot calmer. It was a lot chiller. Like now, you know, climate change is ruined all the jet streams and you know, everything's crazy turbulence, say nothing of the FAA. But back in the day, they would put babies in the overhead compartment like a little sling and they could just sleep there. And look, I don't of course, it wasn't safe. Nothing was safe. There weren't even car seats back then. But like, it's just so I love the image of that. And I was sending it to a mom friend of mine, like, you know what happened? America used to be great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, we're chicken shit now you.
Speaker 4: You've seen them, right, they're just like like little baby and you can't I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, Oh my god, so crazy. Shout out to man, Shout out to the sixties man, like, yeah, we're smoking a yeah.
Speaker 1: Beyon bringing it back. Maybe she'll bring that back.
Speaker 2: Too, Yeah, bring back babies in overhead.
Speaker 4: That's so good in the fifties. Look at that baby. See there's then there's plenty of space. Now you're just figuring out how to squeeze in a coach.
Speaker 2: God damn it. When America used to be some we had Jim Crow laws and babies could be in the overhead exactly.
Speaker 4: Take us back, Beyonce, so funny, baby overhead.
Speaker 2: Baby overhead, shout out overhead projectors too. Did you guys have, Francisca, I know you're requisitely elder enough to remember overhead projectors for school? Oh they still do those? Oh yeah, you had them too? Oh hell yeah, okay, so they still fuck with overhead projectors with the visa V pens on a transparency I think it's a It's.
Speaker 4: An easier way than like a whiteboard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you don't have to get up You're like, yeah, let me just write on this light box? Mean?
Speaker 4: Or are you just using your computer these days? I love just watching the teacher's hand like erase everything they just wrote. If they were a lefty, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: This smudge yeah yeah, or they had to do that like crazy hook hand to be like, I will not smear the ink that I'm writing. It's a poor lefties man, poor lefties indeed. Yeah, I can't election can barely get people to trying to say, what's some any thing is underrated.
Speaker 4: Francesca underrated, so I don't know if it's underrated yet. So this is maybe jumping the gun, but I just want to name. I'm a really big Caliu Cheese fan. Oh yeah, she is, you know, Colombian American singer. She's just got like this gorgeous, amazing voice. I love a good female vocalist. And I was about to sleep on her new album because I was like, she's a mom. I literally judged as a mother another mother, going like this one's probably not that good because I didn't feel very creative in the first year of my kid's life. I felt like I didn't write, don't right. But then so then I was like that that's probably nothing good. I fucking listened to it, and it just like blew my mind. It's beautiful. And I realized, actually, if you're a songwriter and you're like singing lullabies to a baby, it's nothing but creativity because all you do is like make up songs for a kid, and and it just it's just it's equal parts Bond, Amy Winehouse, Elvis Presley, but with Kylie Ucci's and it's so beautiful and like, I don't know efeal. I don't know what the word is, but I'm like, I'm I love this new album. So I'm blaming myself for for preemptively underrating this new album.
Speaker 1: Okay, her album is great, but the baby's not so good. Okay, you have the album baby.
Speaker 2: Something to do like the health of the child. I was like, what, Noah, the baby's very.
Speaker 1: Mid the album gonna pretty. The baby not her best work, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it's adorable.
Speaker 2: She is she showing face or no, she's doing the right thing.
Speaker 4: I think she's doing like covering face. I decided to get rid of that recently because I was like, you know, I had this moment. I was like, you know what, my fucking kid is so cute right now. I don't think she's ever she might not even be cuter, you know, like.
Speaker 1: But also it's been posting bits with the baby since like last Year's totally right, you're not wrong.
Speaker 4: But I would always cover it. And I was like, you know what, why she's adorable here, like take all of her you know, facial show the guy.
Speaker 2: But this motherfucker is so litigious. Man, he was his lawyer, will get my just get Yeah, he's a fucking diva. Man, what can I do? Yeah? Anyway, Francesca, what's the me?
Speaker 1: Thing?
Speaker 2: Is underrated?
Speaker 4: Overrated?
Speaker 2: Oh? Overrated? Yeah? Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: And why you you know New York University is over.
Speaker 2: As someone school certainly is that exempt.
Speaker 4: As someone who went to NYU, as someone who graduated from Gallatin, the school that Logan Rossos got graduated from, the valedictorian who has then since denied his diploma for speaking about Gaza during his speech. Let me just say I knew it at the time. It is insanely overpriced. It is a bullshit school. It is like there is no campus. You're simply paying for the privilege of living in Lower Manhattan.
Speaker 1: Timothy Chalamy gave most of them chlamydia. That's a rumor, but.
Speaker 2: I like reading it.
Speaker 4: I fully believe that.
Speaker 2: But you can hang out in Washington Square Park.
Speaker 4: No, you know, I got my ass grab in Washington Square Park like this. You should know a seventeen eighteen year old should not be going to NYU. And the kids are so dumb. And I was a create like I was a rabbit, anti war activist. Nine to eleven happened my first year, got involved in the anti Iraq war movement. It's Afghanistan war movement. Like I was skipping classes left and right. I had, you know, my own. NYU was a real yeah hotbed. We were we were we were like you know, doing sit ins and dyings and details, and we.
Speaker 2: An incubator for extremism. It was a total.
Speaker 4: Incubator for extremism. But it is so as a school, it is so fucking overrated. Do not pay for that school. Do not send your kid to that school. There is no campus. Like the part of the thing about going to school is like you like, sit on a grassy lawn and read a book. You can't do that anywhere in New York at NYU, and I just I love uh sounds like Zach Woods a Grassy Knoll franchise, Yes, the Grassy Knol and get get radicalized.
Speaker 2: You've been yearning for a knoll to perch.
Speaker 4: Upon pretty much, I mean ever since. But yeah, the actor Zach Woods has an incredible, hilarious takedown of NYU and what they just did and just talking about it being like an overrated cliche of a fucking school.
Speaker 2: It's underrated. How many comedians come out of fucking n y U. I think a lot of people don't realize that there's just like a whole school. It's like a whole school mafia, like in Hollywood. So many people coming out of I'm like.
Speaker 4: They talking about that they knew they were going to be a mafia. But A Seasons went to Stern Business School during the same around the same time I went to stun And all I did when I.
Speaker 2: Was no way and now you're only podcasting.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say that it's funny because all I did is an undergrad at NYU was get into arguments with Stern Business School dipshits about free market capitalism and like in my colonialism studies classes and all these you know assholes. Right, I'm assuming Disease was just more of a chill like kept his head down kind of Stern Business School. But really funny that he became a comic.
Speaker 2: Hey man just doing sick. It's just like raising his voice and doing inflections at random moments. Dude, Oh fucking yeah.
Speaker 4: Well that's seventy five percent of a comedian's job. That is twenty is posting clips.
Speaker 2: Who is it? Someone there was someone who like roasted Rogan to their face about that it's like if you're humping the air, like you're not a like you've lost you've lost it all.
Speaker 3: If you're humping Nick Jessel Nick.
Speaker 2: No, it was like an older comedian. It was like an og and it was like kind of er or something. I forget who it was, but like he had Rogan on as a guest or he was as a guest and just said it to Joe Rogan's face, like that's his whole schnick is humping a stool. And then it was just kind of like, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get that, sure, Like sometimes I haven't seen a single Rogan bit, but did he Is he a stool humper?
Speaker 2: He's a stool humper.
Speaker 1: I feel like I saw his special, But I also feel like I haven't seen a single Rogan bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've only seen it from seeing like cut downs of other like luckily on YouTube, there's a whole ecosystem where people were like, look, we get it. You know, Joe Rogan sucks. Here's let me do a fucking escape of how bad his last special it was. And you're like, like a cam exactly exactly, exactly exact.
Speaker 3: Jeff Garland said, that is what're.
Speaker 2: Saying Jeff Garland. Yep, that's what it was. It was Jeff Garland. It's just like to his face. Anyway, let's take a quick break. We'll come back and we'll talk Trump's big beautiful bill that's an ugly piece of fucking shit. Right after this and we're back. Trump's tax bill was finally it got out of committee over the weekend. It died on Friday, and I was like, oh, look at this chip Roy found a backbone. I mean, he's always been a pretty big deficit hawk, but he like him along with I think six other Republicans tanked it on Friday, only for them to do whatever they had to do, because you know, Jesus jerk off eye. Speaker of the House Mike Johnson was like, what do you guys need for me to for for for you guys to at least let this thing get out of committee. Apparently they made I was like.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a my pillow guy.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It was a disparent.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I think as long as we came together with a common sort of understanding about how we're going to move forward with this.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm sorry Obama going with this story.
Speaker 2: He's very but Mike Johnson is very one note like that, and it's very you know, you're the same. Look, man, I don't even do a good.
Speaker 1: Obama, but Coolidge Miles do it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm back. So anyway, this thing is now, This is now the real fucking this is the this is the time. Are they going to ram through this reconciliation bill that basically has all of the things Donald Trump want for his agenda right? Like, he needs he needs to make sure that the Trump tax cuts don't expire. He wants to increase military and immigrant harassment spending. He needs a bigger budget for that. He needs to raise the debt ceiling because I mean, I thought this was to attack the debt, but also we need we kind of needed some room there to have a higher deficit. And then part of all that is to power this by slashing so many social programs it even makes Republican members of Congresses. I believe they're like, I, this actually will decimate rural healthcare systems if we do this, what am I supposed to do? So this was all happening. Moody's also downgraded our credit rating, just you know, sure, that's fine, It's fine. It's all just fine, but there's still just a ton of disagreement, like within the party, Like there's some that are arguing, like these cuts aren't deepened off, we need no one to have not seing is one strategy. Then other people like, you know, cutting medicaid is a non starter for me, There's no way I can go to my district and be like, yeah, man, you're.
Speaker 1: Fucked terrified of the town halls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, already already. And then others take an issue with like the number of clean energy projects that are being gutted. Some are saying not enough clean energy projects are being gutted. There's this. Then you have all the New York, New Jersey, California Republicans who are like, we need our salt tax cap raised or abolished completely. So everyone has like their own specific thing. How Mike Johnson makes all of this work we are yet to see. But he has pressure because he's been telling Trump, I'm gonna have this on your desk by Memorial Day, baby, so we can really fucking kick this thing off. But yeah, is so.
Speaker 4: Interesting is that, like they could just do this the way they did the first Trump tax cuts, which is be utter hypocrites about the deficit, which is again kind of largely made up depending on how you look at it, and just ram them through anyway, and add four trillion more dollars to the deficit like those tax cuts.
Speaker 2: Did, and ave five five five billion.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you. Yeah, you could write off your sixty million dollars private jet. That was one of the many things in addition to your yachts. But the fact that they're trying, they want to do this big, beautiful bill. They're trying to do everything in budget reconciliation, remember, which was where also the Democrats in twenty twenty one tried to get through like a fifteen dollars minimum wage and then Kirsten Centima voted that shit down. But like, this is what's so difficult about all this is that you can't please every single person, and you're being totally dishonest because all this bill is about is simply a wealth transfer to the richest people. So stop talking about medicaid. Don't even make it about medicaid. Find the money somewhere else, or don't find it at all. Just live in your own hypocrisy.
Speaker 2: This is going to help man when all the billionaires get a tax cut it's gonna trickle fucking in a direction. It will trickle.
Speaker 1: Someone understand, I want to be a richer while immigrants skip poor.
Speaker 2: This is great want people. Okay, this is for you. This bills for you. Actually we found something. There's a whole trillion dollars to terrorize immigrants in here.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is really important. Yeah, I mean that's fucking insane. Well the same time, you're like, oh, sorry, we can't so not only is a direct wealth transfer to the wealthy already wealthy, it's a wealth transfer to you're not going to have healthcare, disabled person, poor child, new mother you were, because we have to round up children and women and grandmothers with all of this, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: Three year old's immigration court.
Speaker 1: Do you think can hunt island costs nothing? We're hunting men on the island.
Speaker 2: How do we how do we populate said island?
Speaker 1: We have to set out the mines. That's expensive.
Speaker 2: There's like, you know, reporting that. Trump is definitely trying to manage all of it too. Like it sounds like the people that are sort of in battleground districts he's kind of becoming a little more sensitive to because he does not want to lose a Chamber of Congress in the midterms, Like that's a huge thing for him. So even now he's kind of like trying to be like, what the how do I fucking have it all ways at the same time, because he definitely doesn't want to have a bunch of Democrats and have enough power to do investigations and he has to defend himself against you know, his own fucking actions.
Speaker 1: But then so he wriggled out of that.
Speaker 4: Just fine, Yeah, yeah, don't worry. They won't anyway, even with the majority. Yeah, saw what happened in the last four years. Oh my god, remember that when they beg you for your vote again, be like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry, what happened last time? And what will you do different this time? You're like, well, we aren't them at least, Oh, we're back to the same thing. You're not them.
Speaker 4: We're gonna slowly think about possibly holding Donald Trump accountable. But democracy, let's decided by the ballad box.
Speaker 1: A just give me five dollars, just for the love of god, I just need five more dollars.
Speaker 4: I'm upset as you are.
Speaker 2: There was a video of her recently. I thought was a I I was I'm not mostly because.
Speaker 4: It would be the first congress person to.
Speaker 2: It was the cadence. I was like, it's a little jilted, Like, I was like, what's going on.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, it got left at the altar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's she was. She was just I don't know how that came out, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Just being an asshole.
Speaker 2: No, No, I love it, and I think I do want to think of it like that. She was left at the altar, you know, and that's why she talks like that.
Speaker 4: Her dentures, her dentres were like sorry, but yeah.
Speaker 2: So the other thing too, is like a lot of the shitty cuts that are being proposed, like cuts to snap or like Medicaid, they're timing those so they don't hit until the end of his turn to basically make a fucking catastrophe for the next administration, which could be.
Speaker 4: Him exactly want to run again.
Speaker 2: But it's weird. He's doing the sort of maneuvering as if he's like, man, I'm gonna be out after this, but at least we can reset the clock on making the Democrats be responsible for a financial situation we could be doing.
Speaker 1: He's acting as so he's going to be out in like another month, like with the amount of shit he's done so far, totally.
Speaker 4: So I mean that's what's crazy about this whole And it has like been only over a few whatever, like three and a half days.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Like it's just like Brint, not a marathon, and we're like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, flow your role. There's plenty of time to destroy everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah past yourself. Hello, Like don't burn all your capital, your political capital like that in one go. It stretched it out a little bit. Don't do this big, beautiful bil I mean.
Speaker 4: This is what they're doing, right, because this is they could not in twenty seventeen cut Obamacare. That was remember the town hall's there, so.
Speaker 2: They have to kill it indirectly.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, but it is still a massive swing to even say the word medicaid. I mean, good on media whatever is left of it for making that the sole issue. But some Republicans are walking into that trap of being like, well, medicaid, you know a lot of people are lying when they're on it, and they're openly saying this, the disabled people are lying about it, right, and it's like mm m ooh that's not going to play well at all. So Donaldan should be fucking worried. And I think this is where the pressure points are. I don't give a shit about the other ones who are like, oh, we haven't felt enough, cut shut up. It's the people who are scared of their own constituents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who know they're like this has this, there will be fallof and this. Like even Josh Holly's like, y'all don't fucking medicaid. I don't know, bro, And I'll do the thing where I sound like I'm going to be the first one out to try and get myself covered to act like the most sane guy in the Senate by being the first one to be like, that's political suus. I would not do that. That's immoral. And then but I won't stop it if it happens exactly, But will you.
Speaker 1: Need to backtrack and get back in Trump's graces later, Like everybody has done it. So it's a lot easier to go out and object and then go back in.
Speaker 4: But the groceries, you know, it's such an old fashioned termline.
Speaker 2: When I came out, but that term, I remember, the year was eighteen fifty nine. I came up with the term groceries. It was a fantastic day.
Speaker 1: Eat those groceries.
Speaker 4: We were right in the precipice of the Civil War.
Speaker 2: I was doing It's just god, yeah, I was doing Lingis on one of my friends.
Speaker 1: And I realized, I said, I did the best Jana Lingis.
Speaker 2: I didn't have a thing of saying I ate the ass light and then aha groceries.
Speaker 1: You know, I taught o Mari on those those movies.
Speaker 2: It just wasn't hitting when I said I ate the ass like my hull when I got back from the general store with salt, pork and the like included, and I needed something a little bit more concise.
Speaker 3: I also gave him the idea for ice box.
Speaker 2: So one of the things like for just just the things that are timed differently, like snap benefits, right, Uh, they wouldn't shift the cost to the states for snap benefits until fiscal year twenty twenty eight Medicaid work requirements that Republicans are being like, this will this will be like a good three hundred billion dollars hit of savings that won't begin until twenty twenty nine. So they're doing They're trying to do as much too, with also sweeteners to be like there'll be a new senior Victory Fund grant you can get or a baby.
Speaker 1: Reinventing the shit that we already have.
Speaker 2: They's just well, I don't like but even the thing like right, like the the cutting the taxes on tips and things like that, those aren't even while he did say that, and it's popular, like the economists that like are talking about this are saying like it's not gonna be that big of a thing. This is quote. It says the proposed tax cuts only apply to income taxes, not payroll taxes. That means the estimated thirty seven percent of tipped workers in the country who didn't make enough money to face federal income taxes in twenty twenty two that's when this analysis happened, would see no benefits from this proposal. This is another economistic quote. It is also going to do very little for workers even that received tips at the low to middle part of the income distribution tax.
Speaker 4: Relacis or center tips accurately if at all.
Speaker 1: Come on, Yeah, literally just dangling Keith, hoping we'll get distracted.
Speaker 2: Sure, truly truly, like there's a lot of stuff that they want to be like, look, everything that's gonna be great now, but only to throw money on like, you know, this is different than twenty seventeen when like interest rates weren't as high, like getting going even further into the muck with like this dumb like all this ridiculous spending is just gonna keep us pretty entrenched in this this situation we're in, if not worse, maybe who knows. But again, the thing that can potentially be on the side of maintaining the terrible status quo we have now is that just all the Republican infighting. But Trump is determined because again, none of his policies are popular enough to just pick on a vote on its own. So it has, like to your point, Francesca, it has to happen through reconciliation. Because he's said, hey, I need a one trillion dollar let's terrorize the immigrants fund. They're gonna say get like, no, no one's gonna fucking vote.
Speaker 4: They're also gonna say, how you're gonna pay for it? Right, And so that's why they have to do it by cutting Medica, which then yeah, but this has always been the Republican's problem when they're in the majority too, they're always infighting because you know, it's all between you know, the budget hawks, and then just like the anti immigrant psychos who are like, hey, we didn't take down every single gay flag in this bill, didn't say to, you know, burn them. So I'm not going to vote for this. And everyone's got their little pet issue, but they again I can't believe again we're still like we've stopped talking about Elon a little bit, but like we should not. You know, the dozer is A is doing are still and the access to our information is still very alive.
Speaker 2: We talked about that on yesterday's episode about how like there's this article in Politico that's trying to act like Elon's gone away, and I'm like, you guys are fucking playing yourselves and their readers by being like and he's gone. Trump doesn't even talk about him. It's like there's again Trump is not turning his back on the richest man in the world who got him into office and who knows what other fucking shit that he helped enable like just with his money and influence, like to then be like and and now like none of the Republicans are talking about it's like you're just gearing up for mid terms, so people can't be like Elon Musk is doing all this stuff, but let's be real, he's staying he's a stain on fucking everything.
Speaker 3: Yep, no Elon's gone. We're fine on that. And Biden was actually a good guy. And don't look at his reel. It's not doing anything right now, don't worry about it even do anything.
Speaker 2: They're just you know, there's just a terrible spike in the humanitarian crisis there with the lack of any just like they're continuing to bomb hospitals. Nothing has changed nothing. So anyway, we'll see what happens with this endeavor that the Republicans are, you know, getting ready to undertake this week. So hopefully, I don't know, hopefully it fizzles out, but they're gonna they're definitely gonna do fucking everything they can to try and get as many Yes, well it's as possible, but the margins are thin, like Walmart's profits margins, as they say, that's why they're worried about the tariffs next one. So I don't know, if you say the clip of like Bruce Springsteen just like just you know, doing like very boilerplate criticism of Donald Trump. He's like he's a moral he's corrupt.
Speaker 1: DeNiro like DeNiro's taking a stand against him. Just that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, at least he said funk. That guy made Bruce was hey, man, this guy's bad, and I'm like, yeah, that's true. I think he was in the UK when he said that.
Speaker 4: So that was there's some things happening, not good things in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some bad stuff like what specifically, I'm a little too insulated to know specifically what things, but I hear it's bad and corrupt.
Speaker 3: Podcast partner used to tell me some stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh, Barry used to tell me some wild stuff man, about the the way that we can use drones now to do ship I had no idea, had no idea what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about some other stuff.
Speaker 2: Donald Donald Dump. That's him. He's back. So he said this. This set off a fucking truth social storm on Monday morning at one thirty four a m. This is what Trump just for whatever reason, starts shit posting quote. How much did Kamala Harris pay Bruce Springsteen for his poor performance during her campaign for president? Why did he accept that money? If he's such, if he's such a fan of hers, isn't that a major and illegal campaign contribution? What about Beyonce, he did put the accent mark on the.
Speaker 1: Ero, he would have died.
Speaker 2: In fact, he doesn't. He doesn't want to smoke behind. He doesn't want the Hive pair, I guess, or maybe Seattle correct. And how much went to Oprah and Bono. I'm going to call for a major investigation into this matter. Candidates aren't allowed to pay for endorsements, which is what Kamala did under the guise of paying for entertainment. In addition, this was a very expensive and desperate effort to artificially build up for whatever. Bah blah blah blah blah. It's fucking nonsense.
Speaker 4: How much has Vanilla Ice gotten for performing at mar A Lago? Like the money that they have to shell out to get anyone to show up right to their shit? I mean, Snoop Snoop was at their inauguration. Carrie Underwood was at the inauguration. But that being said, I also kind of want an investigation on how much money was spent on celebrities. A billion dollars in what was it three months that the Harris campaign spent but it is it's just so fragile.
Speaker 2: You won, you wont so, motherfucker You're out here switching up fucking Pardons to get black people to wear MAGA hats like fucking Lil Wayne and Kodak Black. Like, what are we talking about? You're the most transactional motherfucker we've ever.
Speaker 1: Boss gott mad at me.
Speaker 2: That just shows you. I don't I.
Speaker 1: Don't want anybody from Jersey to get.
Speaker 4: We call him the boss anyway, imagine boss.
Speaker 2: Well, he may be the Boss, but I'm the commander in chief. So so fuck out of here and everything he said because he's so he loves Bruce Springsteen music. You know that's true. Like he's played it. They've told him, bro, do not play this ship. He played it at a thing in New Jersey.
Speaker 1: I think it also feels like music of Oh.
Speaker 2: No, he said something, or maybe he was talking shit about I know at one point he liked Bruce Springsteen. But then Bruce Springsteen's like, now, fuck out of here, and then he's like, whatn't fuck you then forever?
Speaker 4: And it's yeah, I never liked you anyway, yo. I it's also just really terrifying because I just saw this an hour ago. I guess the president of CBS is resigning, singing the company and I don't agree on the path forward, likely in relationship to the Trump lawsuit, because Trump again is trying to sue CBS for editing an interview with Kamala Harris to make her sound minimally more cogent, because of course, everyone should edit those fucking interviews. It was a funny, funnily enough, an interview question about Gaza. It was long winded. They edited it. They do this all the time. I'm Fox News edited the ship out of their like one one with Donald Trump with the campaign trail, making him look far more you know, sane, And it's just it's just scary, right because you're like this kind of retribution or whatever he's doing all these investigations, like i mean, look, anything to take the heat off, Like I don't know, a woman selling to Molly's on the street, Like that's good. Like, but I'm also like people are capitulating, you know, Like what's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait, so is did the CBS the head of CBS resign because they wanted to capitulate.
Speaker 4: That's unclear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't know, but that's unclear.
Speaker 4: So it could be like she was like, no, I'm I think we should pay Yeah.
Speaker 2: And that's probably that makes more sense, because then they would be like, well, I don't want smoke, I'm gonna resign. And then they're like, what do you think?
Speaker 4: I think she resigned because she doesn't want to pay. She probably wants to fight it.
Speaker 2: Oh, And then the pressure is to be like fucking right.
Speaker 1: Oh, we need that money to pay for more TV shows about Askan Warvitz or what ever. And they're pet Indians who are supposed to play aff gamings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and liked because there was like, uh, I mean the ship is still going back and forth within sixty minutes to be like, man, funk out of here, bro, you're not gonna tell us what to do, and there's.
Speaker 4: Yeah there and yeah, and they're had, oh.
Speaker 2: My god, to just go cry on your big pile of money.
Speaker 1: How much I.
Speaker 3: Would love to cry on a big pile of money.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: Do you think you'd be able to even cry? Like wait, hold the I'm on a pile of money?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like really beautiful decent proposal.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, yeah, yeah, My way through it just gabbing your eyes with your fucking hundred dollars bills and they get a terrible eye infection because money is filthy. All right, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 3: You can buy healthcare.
Speaker 2: Hey you can. We'll come back to talk about the American dream, but the one you win via reality show after this and we're back. So there was a story last week that was popping up that was like Christy nom DHS secretary teaming up with the fucking guy who made Duck Dynasty to pitch a show that makes a mockery of citizenship and the plight of people seeking refuge in this country. Say it ain't so. Yeah, there's a full deck. The Daily Mail has like the entire deck and has just been describing this is a first of all, this is a real fucking thing that Christy Nome the Department of Homeland Security and Rob Warsow, who's the writer and producer and Canadian ew that made Duck Dynasty. By you, why are you acting like maga bros? You're Canadian. Don't do that, don't be lost, don't be a token immigrant. Okay, you don't have to fall in line and be one of these maga people. But anyway, here they are. They've got this show. They've been pitching it to place like Netflix, allegedly trying to find someone that will greenlit, greenlit this monstrosity are green lights and monstrosity will definitely do this anything. It has to be bezos. It's like, yeah, Jeff Trump will just be like, Jeff feel buy this right, well, mister president, Yeah you love it, don't you. Well you know there is something you're gonna buy it. Yeah, we're green lighting it. We're green lighting. Hey, you're welcome Christy to.
Speaker 4: Drop all anti trust against you.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay. So this the series is called The American and it's I guess named after the train that contestants will be riding around the country and competing in regionally specific quote cultural contests like no rolling logs in Wisconsin, Yes, I'm.
Speaker 1: Documented or whatever?
Speaker 4: Did you what hogs doing what to hogs?
Speaker 2: Rolling logs in rolling standing on logs and like, you know, trying to get the other personal fall off of ship, you know, hillbilly Olympic shit.
Speaker 4: Uh real, Ultimate Ninja Warrior what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of Well it's different. Allow me to really just unfold this whole show before before you jump to conclusions. Okay, so this is so fucking I'm so sorry, this is real. Okay, but the show format is basically going to echo pretty much every other reality competition show. It's just so fucking cruel. And the grand prize is citizenship to a country that hates you. So, as described in the pitch, contestants quote, contestants from various countries and backgrounds would be pre vetted and arrive at Ellis Island in New York City. I'm born. The citizenship about symbolizing a new beginning. This is how the show opens. There, they'd be greeted by the host. They haven't booked anyone, so they're saying someone quote s Fame, well, are you naturalized American citizen? You're no. See that's the thing. They need a famous naturalized American who was also born in another country. So the pitch is saying people like Sophia Virgara, Ryan Reynolds, Mila Kunis who's from Ukraine as possible hosts to greet the contestants and upon which they will give the contestants a welcome gift. That gift a personalized baseball glove. Okay, these are people who are on a game show because they want to be citizens of the United States. They're can be like, oh my god, welcome to the show. Here's your baseball glove before we completely make you debase yourself for.
Speaker 4: Citizenship, then yeah, put your nuts right here for the duration of this.
Speaker 3: I feel like a more American thing would be like a gun.
Speaker 2: I know, right exactly here it is or here is like here is your ability to completely compartmentalize and not view yourself as an immigrant anymore once you get citizenship, and then pull the ladder up for everyone else.
Speaker 4: I kind of like this because i've it. I want to hear you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me, let me do the full pitch and then you tell me why this is why you're green lighting. Oh yeah, and we'll all go around if we're green lighting or I haven't. Look, I'm still on the fence. I want to know more. So. Contestants will travel state to state, meeting quote interesting Americans and learning about the history, culture quirks of each region. Viewers, in turn, will.
Speaker 4: Learn Dennis Prager number one.
Speaker 2: I know right. They will learn through video package about each wan to want to be American. This is what they say in the Daily Mail, want to be American, and why they want to live here. We'll join the quote this from the deck. We'll join the laughter, tears, frustration, and joy hearing their backstories as we are reminded how amazing it is to be an American through the eyes of twelve wonderful people who want nothing more than to have what we have. Then they're divided into teams.
Speaker 4: The right to die in a mass shooting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, and then have to have a wallet biopsy done on your way to the hospital and be like, sorry, I don't see an insurance card in here. Then they'll they'll all be put into teams where then they will have to do battle. Not to the death quite yet. That's probably like season three, I'd imagine. Scenes envisaged include one in San Francisco where the immigrants are set down a mind to collect the most gold in Cape Canaveral, Florida, the hub of Nasso.
Speaker 4: Oh is, there was never gold in San Francisco, You fucking idiots. What's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: They don't know about Sutter's Mill, all right, don't fucking ask about that.
Speaker 4: Get a trip there and go school field trip there.
Speaker 2: Everybody in California gotta go to Sutter's Mill. Baby, Hell yeah, where they put all that fake gold. I thought I got fucking gold when I went to and they're like, no, they put stuff in there so that way you can put it in a little bottle and take it home with you. I'm like, this is fuck, this is fucking.
Speaker 4: I mean, they should let the immigrants like smoking an opium den in San Francisco to get the real experience, get real racist.
Speaker 1: I think the immigrants should start a tech company and then destroy democracy and.
Speaker 4: Then create a podcast about how no other immigrants are deserving to destroy democracy.
Speaker 2: And then ascend the heights of the Trump administration five point zero. Then they'll go to Cape Canaveral, where NASA is, and they would rush to build and launch a rocket. There's I'm not even joking. There's another one. They go to Detroit to assemble a Ford Model T, where they will put the protocols of Elders of Zion in the glove box, just like Henry Ford did. Okay, maybe the last part wasn't true, but they will be making a fucking Model T on a fucking factory.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no no. I first of all, I am not anti this premise for a couple of reasons. Number one, it sounds a lot quicker and easier than applying what you writing forward, following the rules.
Speaker 2: This is this is one of the rules.
Speaker 1: Better than the lottery with vets for healthcare, and it would be better.
Speaker 4: You're right, much quicker, much quicker. Number two. I do think that in the process of learning the backstory, actually we would all learn something about immigrants to this country. It's like, well, my family was held at gunpoint in El Salvador.
Speaker 2: By addressing there, they're gonna say they are they're the biggest fan of the San Diego Padres base, real, right, And they knew they wanted to be American when they saw Tony Gwynn take his first at bat or somebody.
Speaker 4: When I watched The Real Housewives, I knew I wanted to be one. Remember all of our trash television is actually international and people can see us, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it would be beautiful if they did tell all of those stories. They're like, I have a child who's dying, and we were held at some point and we have to leave. And then at the end they're like, sorry, we're gonna take you back. Let's follow up in six months exactly.
Speaker 4: I mean, you guys watch more in reality than I do. But like ninety day fiance. Doesn't that Miles have a little bit of insight into each character, and like, yeah, you'd get a backstory.
Speaker 2: You get some texture. Most people aren't sort of like running from a nation that's been absolutely destabilized by the United States. So it's just like and I fell in love with her on the app and it's like, okay, fine, and then you kind of learn a little bit more and more, and then you're like, there's right now, there's a guy who left you on to go to Hamisburg, Mississippi to be with a woman. And he's like, if I go back, I think I'm gonna go to jail. Probably I still think I'm a spy. That's like the like that one recently has been touching on some actual kind of geopolitical stuff, but it's more like it's still shot with like the perspective like, oh man, Heron's so fucked up, like you don't want to fucking be there, like and we don't even need to talk about it much further than.
Speaker 1: Than Virginia.
Speaker 2: I don't know it simply hate our freedoms. Yeah, we're not going to see someone on this show being like, well, when the School of the America's trained the goon squads to get rid of Like, yeah.
Speaker 4: But I do think if you tweak it a little bit, it could be something I could get on board with. I do think it should be actual Americans, people who were born here, whatever, natural whatever the fuck papers keep their citizens versus oh yes, versus.
Speaker 1: Country swap.
Speaker 4: Who's who can roll along?
Speaker 1: Right? Who has like more experienced like rockets, where do you make mild rockets came from exactly countries where they educate their children.
Speaker 4: It should be more like citizenship swamp, right, yeah, you relinquish yours and give it to this person, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's like, motherfucker, I had to go through the dairyen gap. They shook off some locks. Again, it's not I wish this would be the kind of thing that would actually bring attention to like the plight of people around the world, But it's gonna be done in such an America worship jingoistic nonsense about.
Speaker 3: That we just throw a black mirror episode.
Speaker 2: Actually yeah true, yeah, yeah, this is probably what the fucking room sounded like when these people are putting the deck together, like what should it be called? And what are the press? Because in the deck they're like, this is gonna have so much sponsorship opportunity. This is just again, just to round it out right, The thing ends with a train pulling up to the steps of the Capitol, where they will receive their citizenship on the steps of the fucking.
Speaker 1: Immediately continues to l Salvador with the rest of the people.
Speaker 2: Yea, no, that isn't true. According to the deck, the guy the producer makes it clear, the losers will have all been pre screened for eventual citizenship, so they will have a leg up when it comes to applying for citizenship in the more traditional way.
Speaker 4: Bull shit, they're gonna end up with kil Mar Bregogarcia. Also a train America. I'm sorry, this is fundamental.
Speaker 2: Don't get on a train anywhere, and don't even go to train at Disneyland exactly. Yeah, there's gonna be some kind of derailment. Yeah right, a hyper loop where everyone can perish in a concrete too. Some of the prizes would be quote iconically Americans, such as one million American airlines. I saw that. I saw that a ten thousand dollars Starbucks gift card, or a lifetime supply of seventy six gasoline.
Speaker 3: Wait, that's like a bajillion dollars seventy six canceling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's actually that's actually.
Speaker 4: Worth Yeah, which one would you choose. I'm like definitely going with the gas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the gas. Yeah, oh yeah. But then it's like, well, yeah, I guess I'll just sell gas on the side. I'm like, yeah, just.
Speaker 3: Like give other people gas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then I saw it to them on the low. I'm like, yeah, bro, if you have like anybody who needs, like you've got some troubles, you need gasoline, Bro, I fucking wont it come through? I'll give you.
Speaker 1: Guys like the pandemic where people are putting it in bags in their cars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like that's not a good okay whatever, to each their own, to each terrible fire their own. So yeah, this is apparent. The momentum has not stopped.
Speaker 4: And Christina, I'm so fragile about how much of a fucking like pageant fascist she is. Like she just she's like, this is not about me, this is like but she is such a pageant Like every single thing is like her. You know, now she's got tactical gear on. Now she's on the border, you know. Now she's in front of a bunch of you know, shaved head, detainees and a goolog like right, and she's like, this isn't about me, but.
Speaker 2: It so is.
Speaker 4: It's about like, yeah, I was just saying like she's got more photog she's got like a better photographer following her than like the Beyonce whoever the Beyonce Instagram husband is, which, by the way, it might be has to do that sometimes.
Speaker 1: Also, she looks like she's had like a lot of work done.
Speaker 4: It looks like she's definitely this is what is fundamentally happening with her face. I call her the dog Killer with too much face filler. She is terrifying.
Speaker 1: And then this Quanta.
Speaker 2: Too much, the thriller in Manila with the dog Killer with too much filler.
Speaker 1: I just didn't realize, Like I saw a picture where she looks like, you know, a typical like midwestern mom in one picture and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, early yeah, I mean yeah, they all got, they all got.
Speaker 1: I went through like a conveyor belt in mar A Lago her and Laura Lumer.
Speaker 2: I mean, like this one, she looks like a character on fucking Righteous Gemstones.
Speaker 4: You know, Oh that's so, that's that's old, that's before the glow up, you get.
Speaker 2: I know, but I'm saying, like, this is where she was at, this is where she was, and then she's like him, I'm a real housewife. Now. It's just very, very freaky. And yes, uh it's funny because like within the department she has no respect either. Like everything you read about the department phone and that security, they're like, no, I'm just a fucking joke. She just goes to fucking pose and like we're the ones doing the real work or brutalizing innocent people the fuck you want for the love of the game exactly. She's in the love of it, for her private jet. I think she's trying to get right now, right for like fifteen right now.
Speaker 3: Is she gonna strap a dog to the roof?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, she's gonna know, she's gonna tape it right in front of the engine intake.
Speaker 3: And back when they used to put the dogs and hammocks by the engine intake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and maybe gets sucked through and blows the engine. I don't even know who cares anyway. No, I'm out anyway, Francesca Bolly, thank you so much for joining me on the Daily Guys. Francesca, they can find you at the Allsion Theater May thirtieth for the live show Bituation Room. Yes, uh, give me a great Where else do they find you? Where else did they follow you?
Speaker 4: You can listen to the Situation Room podcast Where Were Podcasts? Or watch it live YouTube dot com, slash Franny fo fr and I Fio which is my handles. Also, I do a monthly at if you're in La or Pasadena the ice House. May twenty first is our next show This Wednesday, June whatever the third Wednesday is anyway? Yeah, man follow me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 4: I don't know if you guys did this one? Did you do someone asking Groc to explain white genocide like jar jar Binks?
Speaker 2: No, actually we did. We talked about how Groc was just being like, Hi, what's baseball? And he's like, what genoside? But no, what is this real?
Speaker 4: This is just someone who said, Grog, explain why genocide me? Like jar jar Binks from Star Wars. Mi'sa gonna explain this white genocide team like jar jar Binks. So you don't oki day. Some folks think there's a big, sneaky plan to make white people go poof gone finito dacy stuff like too many non white folks moving in mixing cultures and fewer white babies being born. It's all part of disploot. I didn't realize that we have to do the jar Dar voice. Ye oh me sitting. That's a bit looney. Experts say decent.
Speaker 6: Changes just happen natural, like because of how do people live, move and choice family, No proof of any mean plan. Nope, this idea come from scary eggy talk, not truth. So no worry, just keep being kind to all Oki day Oh my god, Grock did that yo? I.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I love that. It's still it's still maintained. It's like I can't go full white genocide, y'all. It's they're telling me to do it, but I'm not. You know, love the facts say otherwise you don't grow out. Wow fuck you know so fun m paulovianon where do the people find you? Follow you, support you, and what's work of media you like?
Speaker 1: You can find me at paulovianal and p A L l A B I g U n A l A N I am everywhere. I run a show at the comedy store called Facial Recognition comedy. You can follow that account as well, and I might. I might be at Francesca show on the thirtieth. Yeah yeah, And Okay, my boyfriend runs a baseball team, so now my algorithm just sends me a bunch of baseball stuff. But I recently saw that there's the first woman in pro baseball on a Canadian men's team. Just happened. And then also I saw this cool guy who has collected He's in Michigan and he has like a collection of rare women's baseball memorabilia, like, oh, it's just so cool.
Speaker 2: But he's got the All American Girls Professional Baseball League type shit like everything.
Speaker 4: Oh damn, it's so cool. Wow, that's very cool. That's a I saw a leah their own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, I know that from I Am Women.
Speaker 1: In Baseball from a movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know Women Baseball movie, I know work. So that was real.
Speaker 4: That was really whatever happened to that though, to the the Pro Baseball League ended right the Hulu series.
Speaker 2: Wasn't there a series on Hulu?
Speaker 4: The Hulu series started up? But yeah, the baseball it was just like, oh, yeah, men are at war, now they're back and.
Speaker 2: We're going stopped nineteen fifty four. Yeah boo, yeah, boo, yeah, they're like, all right, man, Korea looks like an l Also, so y'all just come back now.
Speaker 4: But Hollywood did a film about it. Didn't it come back when we did like we did represent no, no.
Speaker 3: But they did put dogs on men's basketball teams.
Speaker 2: So yes, oh man, don't you get me started about Juana. Man, what a what a time? Where? Oh me? Is it?
Speaker 1: My? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Look a fucking work a media. I like this. Someone posted this on blue Sky at guntoucher dot b sky dot social posted this. I think about this anytime I see James Carvill mentioned. It's a huff Post article from twenty two thousand and eight from when James Carville was like actually was in the Brad Pitt movie The Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford. This is an extra from this article, but the favorite scene for political junkies is bound to be campaign consultant James Carvill's cameo is Missouri Governor Thomas Crittenden, the man who put Bill Clinton in the White House, gives a Chris performance, telling Ford, played by Casey Affleck, that he wants gunslinger James dead all the same. Director Andrew Dominic vals he'll never work with Carville again. Quote, I didn't want to hire him in the first place. Dominic tells us he came in unprepared, he couldn't get his lines out right. It's like he has add it took us three hours to shoot that one small scene. I am now envisioning Uncle Baby Billy from Righteous Gemstones like that is basically what Jacuz like, No, God damn it. I need to get my I need to get my inspiration right. Comes back, He's like, I want that man dead because that He's like, that's not the line, James, what is it? He said, I need you to do something for me, and I need it done right. What a fucking time. So I love it.
Speaker 3: That was really good. And James Baby Billy he's.
Speaker 2: Kind of the same, you know, James, j oh yeah, James, carl Will going to talk about all the things they have the Democratic Party needs to do, uh and and nothing about the stuff that they should have done. That's the thing. And then Uncle Baby Billy is this kind of kind.
Speaker 4: Of there's more is always twenty twenty in James.
Speaker 2: Exactly, It's always twenty twenty and Uncle Baby Billy is like this here called a silver bullet course, all the way from Colorado. That's why I think in my mind, I'm like, oh shit, he's the same. It's James Carville trying to do team just like Uncle Baby Billy did this season in Righteous Gemstones, but just doing a bunch of cocaine, trying to be teen Jesus.
Speaker 1: All right, wait, anyway, plug one more thing before we go. Because I fully forgot Dallas, Texas, I am headlining Dallas Comedy Club on Sunday, May twenty fifth. I have sold fewer tickets and for just go So okay, I live theater, so please come through. Tell your people in Dallas to buy ticket.
Speaker 3: It's nine pm on May twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love you, Okay, ZEI gang.
Speaker 2: That's like it'll be that's like a week from now, six days, so it's through support our friend Paula Ve come through. It'll be a good show. Also, it's like Burton Jack's house down too. Yeah, he's already gonna preemptively burd shit. I think. Yeah, anyway, you can find us. We can find me on everywhere. They have ad symbols at Miles of Gray. Also my bad. I know a lot of people have been If you want the discord invite, hit me up again. I lost so many of the requests and my mentions. Hit me up again. If you want the blue the discord invite for the Zeitgang server, I will get it.
Speaker 4: I was looking for that at some point.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't get I didn't share with Look, man, I'm wearing so many hats on top of the literal and I wear all the time. So I will get you that. Just hit me up. It's yours access for all. Just don't be a piece of shit. Those are the rules. You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeitgeist. For a v Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram, go to the description of this episode right now on the app you're using. You see that description, that's where you can find the footnotes. Thank you. That's we're gonna find all the articles we talked about today, as well as a song that we are going to ride out on. I saw this like just an interesting remix of this Sonic Youth track. I dreamed a Dream which was really dope, like someone was chopping it up. And it's kind of cool because it's got this driving like picked guitar thing going on, but the track too is dope too, so we're gonna go out on I Dreamed, I Dream, I Dreamed, I Dream by Sonic Youth for this one. So we'll take that out into the sunset. That is gonna do it for us today. We'll be back later to say what's trending the Daily zeit guys. There's a production of iHeartRadio. So for more podcasts from my heart Radio, get the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, wherever you get these shifts for free. We'll see you later, Bye bye, bye bye.
Speaker 1: The Daily Zeitgeist is executive produced by Catherine Long.
Speaker 3: Co produced by Bee Wang.
Speaker 2: Co produced by Victor Wright, co written by J M McNabb, Edited and engineered by Justin Conner.