Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security earners.
Speaker 4: Listen up.
Speaker 3: When people all around the world first started going out protesting this summer, you'd hear it over and over.
Speaker 4: This time is different.
Speaker 3: But how and who are the people trying to make it Different and Gimlet's new podcast, Resistance Posts SAYI T.
Speaker 4: John Thomas Jr.
Speaker 3: Brings us stories from the front lines of the movement for Black lives, told by the generation fighting for the change. It's a show about people refusing to accept things as they are and how we can make sure this time really is different. Resistance is out now, follow and listen for free on Spotify.
Speaker 5: My graduates from my school being forced.
Speaker 3: Back drop Mike drop backdrop.
Speaker 5: Today we're going to talk about appraisals right home appraisals, and we're going to attack it from a different standpoint. So I actually wrote a post about this on my Instagram page a while back, if anybody follows me. So, there was a recent study by the Bookings Institute in Gallop which shows that homes and majority black neighborhoods are undervalued during their pazel process by forty eight thousand dollars per home, which amounts to one hundred and fifty six billion dollars in cumulative losses nationwide. So what happens is that they're saying that black homes are valued at twenty three percent lower than the white counterparts. So obviously how they do that is that they base it like the same home. Right, so it has to be like three bedroom, two bath home and a black neighborhood three bedroom, Yeah, exactly comparable what we call in the real estate industry comparables.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: So they're not going to compare a one bedroom apartment to a mansion. They compare the same exact home, same exact space, backyard, all of.
Speaker 4: That stuff within the same zip code.
Speaker 5: Right. So on average, the black home is value that forty eight thousand less than the white home. So what happens is that now it affects people in a lot of different ways. Right. So now when you have less value when you sell your home, right, you're getting less money, right, You're also it lowers your net worth, Right, it lowers your equity that you can borrow from because the value of the home is less. So it's a lot of negative effects for that. Right. So some people will say, okay, well, the reason that the black homes and then black neighborhoods are lower than white neighborhoods is because black neighborhoods, unfortunately, a lot of times you have higher crime rates. It sometimes maybe a longer commute, bad schools, So all of that stuff plays a factor in the home value, right, and that's true, But the studies showed that that only accounts for actually half of the devaluation. So what happened to the other seventy eight billion? Right, So that only accounted for one seventy eight billion, But the other seventy eight billion is not accounting for in all those other factors. So this is what the study show, not me. So the Booking Institute, the Gallop, they came to the conclusion that the other seventy eight billion dollars in devaluation was solely due to one thing. You know what that one thing is, Go ahead, tell me racism. Right. They just said that they just valued black homes lower. Right, when appraiser comes, he just looks at a black home as being worse less than a white home. It's just that's what it is. That's what that's what it accounted for. Right. So this is a troubling statistic, right, for a lot of different reasons. But the main reason is that, you know, one of the things that you know, you always taught in America is that you do good you buy a home. You know, that's like the number one way to preserve wealth for your family, do the right things, and you can sell your home. But now, ay, it's already discriminory, discriminatory practices and actually buying a home, right dude, that's been proven. And now even if you do buy the home, it's devalued just because you live in it. Right. So it was interesting when I wrote that story because a lot of people were going back and forth like, well, I don't believe that. It's like, you know, a lot of people don't believe that racism is actually real thing. But the thing about it is that it doesn't even affect people just in black neighborhood. They can affect white a black family living in a white neighborhood. Right. So, as I said, so, a lot of times people were saying, like, this is just made up. I don't believe it. So now being that we have a personal story to confirm it, you're going to go into your story.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what, when you wrote the article and I had no idea you were writing an article, I thought you were writing it about me. I honestly were like, yo, this guy just wrote my story.
Speaker 4: And I called you.
Speaker 3: I'm like you serious, and you're like, nah, this is like factuals to the evidence and I'm like, oh wow, this is really happening.
Speaker 4: So two years ago, almost about two years ago, I was in.
Speaker 3: The process of buying a home and that comes, let's go back. I wasn't going to be in the process if it wasn't for you. And that was part of the early leisure conversation. My family was about to move and you were like, hey, why don't you go.
Speaker 4: In and buy a home?
Speaker 3: And I was like, I had not getten any thought. I'm like, you know what, maybe maybe you was shot out, maybe I should do this. So you sparked that in my mind, I'm like, all right, Well, I presented the proposal to my family and they were like, let's do this.
Speaker 4: And one of the things we had to do was get the house of Praise.
Speaker 3: Now, my family bought the home in twenty ten, and the house was valued at five hundred and seventy five thousand. That's what it was valued at. We bought it for five hundred and twenty five thousand. That was a purchase price in twenty ten. Long story short, part of my family wanted to move moved to another area, so I came in and went in on a deal with my father and we got the house and the process of appraisal was an alarming one because when he the appraisal I won't say his name, we're actually still in there.
Speaker 4: We wrote a Consumer Reports review about it.
Speaker 3: The appraisal man came in and said that the house had devalued. Now we have added things to the home, you know, the typical things obviously stand still, furniture, I mean stay in still, appliances, would floors, all all the things that you would add to, you know, increase value in your home. And in the eight year, eight year period, the house went from being purchased at five hundred and twenty five thousand to now being five hundred and ten thousand.
Speaker 5: So all right, so you bought a house in New York, in the suburbs of New York west Chester, which is anybody's not familiar. It's affluent, prey affluent neighborhood.
Speaker 4: White plans in New York.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you buy a house for five hundred and.
Speaker 3: How much five hundred and twenty five thousand, ten Yeah, seven years where there is no market correction.
Speaker 5: Real estate has only gone up in New York and across America as a whole.
Speaker 4: But definitely and especially in this neighborhood.
Speaker 5: Okay, you made improvements, you made improvements to the home, and he said that the home was devalued by fifteen thousand.
Speaker 4: Fifteen thousand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so like when you look at that, it's like, oh wait, that's kind of crazy. But then you look at the comparables because that's part of the appraisal process too. So I looked at the comparables. Six hundred, six hundred and fifty six hundred eighteen. We had an offer on the table, like my brother was going to sell the house before I stepped in, and the offer was for six hundred, six hundred thousand, and you got to praise at fifty five hundred and ten thousand.
Speaker 5: And what do your neighbors look like?
Speaker 4: My neighbors are from a different ethnic background, but ethnic background.
Speaker 3: We have Hispanic neighbors, we have neighbors, we have a few black neighbors down the street.
Speaker 5: The majority of people in your neighborhood, what are white?
Speaker 4: Majority of them?
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, so the comparables in the neighborhood is six hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: Six hundred plus at least. So the deal was time sensitive. So not only did I was like blown away by the number that came back.
Speaker 4: I knew that we had to react fast because there was.
Speaker 3: A lot of dominoes that were going to fall if we didn't get this done. So he came in and gave us a five hundred and ten thousand appraisal. But on top of it, I had to pay him eight hundred dollars to him to do that, so like, not only was it in justice in a disservice, but I had to pay him out of my pocket to say thank you. He came in, he was here for maybe ten minutes and left and that was the last time I saw him until I had to, you know, get in contact with him, like how did this happen? And you know, his explanation was pretty much, you don't have the size of the backyard as the comparables. So I was like, no, this is this is impossible. I literal drove around the neighborhood to the comparables. I'm like, no, this is no way. And being that the process of getting the house was time sensitive, I just had to say, you know what, I'm just gonna have to take this one and then we'll deal with this at a later time. My mortgage broker at the time was like, you know, I don't believe this. This is crazy, but at a certain extent, you're at the bank's mercy, right, Like they're the one that's approven you for the loan. They send their appraisal, the person that do the appraisal, so it's like, what do you do?
Speaker 5: So at that point in time, he took ninety thousand off the table, oh, wealth right from your family pretty much?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Wait, just his opinion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's the thing.
Speaker 3: It's like a lot of people don't get to this level to even see this type of discrimination, right because how many people are in the position to even get a home, you know what I mean. And it's like I can tell this story, but it's like who else can relate to this? Because, like I said, when you wrote it, I was like, wait, you're writing my story and You're like no, this is happening everywhere, and I'm like, oh, oh, now I have to take so I have taken some access, and it's still.
Speaker 5: You know, what's crazy. Somebody said on my Instagram that she told the story. I don't know for sure or not, but I'm gonna give her the benefit down say it's true. So she said that She had a home of praise three times and each time, let's say it was three hundred thousands roughly, I forget the number, but let's say three hundred thousand. It was like solid three hundred thousands, three times in a row. She had her white neighbor come for the fourth appraisal. She took down all the pictures and the white neighbor answered the door. Long story short, the praiser thought that it was a white neighbor's home. You know how much it was a praise for four hundred I think like four to ten one hundred and ten thousand dollars more, just on an opinion because he saw a white person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it happens.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm like, we're literally and I lived it and I'm still living in it, and it's like wow, And I try to get that message out like yo, this is happening. But like I said, like who can relate to it? Like a lot of my peers are you know, are renting and they're not in the process of owning a home yet and they will be. But it's like, oh, this is how how is this possible? So like what would be the answer to eliminate that? Like you know what I mean, Like we have to get our own independent appraiser. Yeah, but that independent appraiser doesn't necessarily work for the bank who's giving you the loan, so it's like what do you do?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was an interesting discussion on my Instagram pagecause then some appraisers came in. It was actually hoping to get somebody in the praiser to come in as a guest, but we wasn't able to. But yeah, yeah, it's a I don't know, it's an unfortunate situation that it's just stuff like that people don't even aren't really even thinking about right now. You had about like the hardcore racism stuff, but little stuff like that that's real wealth. So you're ninety, so your situation was ninety thousand dollars right now, you can see how when hit about one hundred and fifty six billion, Like that's a large number, but how many people are like you ninety thousand here, one hundred thousand here, thirty thousands up? Yeahs up, all.
Speaker 4: Right, And like you said, like that's part of that generational.
Speaker 5: Wealth and that's not even a black neighborhood right right.
Speaker 3: It just was that, Hey, they saw the family that was here, and this is what we're saying it is, and take it or leave it. And if you leave it, then you're not going to get this ome because we're not approving you for this.
Speaker 4: Mom.
Speaker 5: Yep, well yeah, the game is rigged, all right, boys and girls. So now is my favorite part of the show. Storytime.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: So this, this story actually starts as a lesson plan. And one of the weird things we do in the summer is teach financial literacy. And I was listening to Reasonable Doubt that President's tool was on and I heard the line all black Scott is sports and entertainment until we even and it just stuck with me, and I was like, damn is this true? Like is Jay right? Like is he right when he says that? Like what does that even mean? And I started thinking about success and what images we think of when we think of success, and over and over I kept saying, Wow, yeah, entertainment, Damn yep.
Speaker 4: Sports. Okay.
Speaker 3: So when we sat down with our kids, I came up with this idea that, you know what, give them eight pictures of celebrities, and lo and behold, they could name all eight, all eight. They were eight for eight and the celebrities up to Believe with Doctor dre Jay Z, Beyonce, Floyd Mayweather.
Speaker 4: Was on there, Puff was on there. It was like, all right, well, they know all of those.
Speaker 3: And then I gave him another sheet with eight pictures and I asked him to name them, and they got one out of the eight and the one person was Oprah Winfree And I told them that the interesting thing is that you recognize every celebrity, but you.
Speaker 4: Ernest what's up.
Speaker 3: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like, the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments. It's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot Com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, But understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day.
Speaker 4: It's like banking with P and C Bank.
Speaker 3: It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live a more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 5: Coach.
Speaker 2: The energy out there felt different.
Speaker 6: What changed for the team today?
Speaker 3: It was the new game day Scratches from the California Lottery players.
Speaker 5: Everything those games sent the team's energy through the roof.
Speaker 6: Are you saying it was the off field play that made the difference on the field.
Speaker 5: Play makes your day, and today it made the game.
Speaker 4: That's all for now.
Speaker 6: One more question played the new Los Angeles Chargers, San Francisco forty nine Ers and Los Angeles Ram Scratchers from the California Lottery. A little play can make your day. Peace, pay responsibly. Must be eighteen years or older to purchase late or claim.
Speaker 3: We only knew one of the wealthiest people of color in the world, and their minds were blown. And I was like, well, this is why, right, because all we've been we see is sports and entertainment. So we went to the number one person, the wealthiest black person or person of color in the entire world, well black person not even personal African descent. And we came to the name Aliko than Golti, Aliko dan Goti. He's actually from Nigeria and its networth this year, well in twenty eighteen, was ten point seven billion.
Speaker 4: You want to go into it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So Aliko Dane Gotie. We wanted to cover him for a few different reasons. But shout out to Africa. We have a lot of listeners in Africa and the UK and all over. And you know, obviously we live in America, so most of our stories are based off of Americans. But we're bigger than's just America. Right, you know, the world, as I always say, the world is flat. So we want to show love to every part of the world and to give inspiration to every part of the world as well. Right. So, as you said, the richest black person in the world, African descent, whatever you want to call it, is from Nigeria. Right, He's worth ten billion dollars. So we're going to tell his story. So because I'm pretty sure that most people aren't familiar with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, every time I've brought him up in conversation, people will say who is that, and it's it's ironic, like we know who Floyd Mayweather is, and we know who Jay Z and I mean, they've had a huge amount of success, but those three people, they're not worth doesn't even add up to his No, it's not even close.
Speaker 5: So all right, so Aliko, he he comes from Nigeria, right and he uh, he starts in twenty one and the concrete business. So he comes from a wealthy family already nowhere near where he is now. But he comes from a wealthy family. So that's no. That's another thing too. We have to keep in mind because even with the whole thing with Kylie Jenner, as far as what self made, that's that was big on the page. And we have to keep in mind that there are black wealthy people, right.
Speaker 3: Like his grandfather was wealthy, the wealthiest person in West Africage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so and there's nothing wrong with we have to get out of that mind like, there's nothing to be embarrassed about if your if your family has money. But that's what we should strive to do to actually leave a legacy for our kids. And it's like we almost like are embarrassed if we have any leg up. I mean like it's it's kind of backwards way of thinking. But so, yeah, he comes from a wealthy family, but nowhere near where he is now. So at twenty one, he starts a concrete business, right and from there it's a five thousand dollars alone that he got from his uncle to start the business. From there, he parlayed that and to pretty much everything agriculture, food, telecommunications.
Speaker 4: Banking, petroleum, banking, controleum, sugar flowers.
Speaker 5: Sugar flower everything. He's like guys, guy's hands and everything. Everything in the country is pretty much he's involved with in one way or the other. He's heavy in politics everything. Right, So what he's doing now is that he is taking a major risk. But that's what business is about, right. He's taking a major risk and building a twelve billion dollar petroleum refinery, yes, right in Nigeria.
Speaker 3: So just a quick a couple of things about Nigeria. Nigeria is Africa's largest oil producer, so that's just the first thing. Now, they have the control of I think the tenth largest oil reserves in the country.
Speaker 4: Oh and I'm sorry in.
Speaker 3: The world, in the world, but they don't there take their resource, not their resources, but they don't have refineries that are efficient enough to get it throughout the entire time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So the thing about Nigeria is that they have the tenth largest oil reserves, like you said, in the world, but they only have four state run refineries and those are old. So what happens is that they have to import most of their petroleum, which makes no sense, right because you have so much petroleum in your backyard literally, but you have to import it because you don't have the infrastructure to actually produce it yourself. So that's his thing. His thing is like, why do why don't we have to bring in all of this stuff from the Middle East and all these other from countries when we have it right here. So he's building a twelve billion dollar refinery and what that will do is make it well as going to be the largest petroleum refinery.
Speaker 4: In the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in the world.
Speaker 3: Literally he went out and this is built on wasteland. So he I mean again, his business helps with this process, right because he has the concrete, and he has the trucks and he has all these things to help build it. So he's building it right now. I believe it's off the south coast of Nigeria. But yeah, like, let's build this refinery because there's no point of us as important anymore.
Speaker 5: Right, So that's going to take if all goes well. So right now, his company made four billion dollars in revenue. That shit, if all goes well, that's going to take it from his company from four billion to thirty billion.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the key part about that is that sixty percent of Nigeria, right is not they're not connected to the power grid sixty percent and when the people who are, they have like four hours of power at a time. So there's like long history of blackouts in the country. So he has a chance to provide electricity now to an entire country.
Speaker 5: Well, yes, he has a chance to change the course of Nigeria forever, forever and also change the cost of Africa as.
Speaker 4: Well, the entire continent.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, exactly, So what he's doing is more than just money, right, he has actual chance to really leave a legacy forever when it comes to Africa. And then of course money plays a part as well as let's say it takes his company from four billion to thirty billion, So now he's a billionaire. Now. I think he was like number hundred.
Speaker 3: On the list, yeah he I think his highest rank on the list was like twenty five. He was up to like twenty twenty. Yeah, a couple of things.
Speaker 5: But this does now, this puts him in like the top twenty. Now now he's in there with Bloomberg and guys like that. Right, So that changed the trajectory of wealth as well. But as I said, more importantly, like you said, sixty pent of the country doesn't have electricity. They're the tenth largest oil producing country, but they have to import all their oil, so they make themself reliant. They can keep all their resources at home now and it sets a trend for West Africa and the whole Sub Saharan Africa as a whole, right, because we all know that Africa is the richest continent as far as minerals and what's in the earth, but unfortunately it's the poorest continent economically, right, So hopefully this will be a trend that countries can follow in busines, this man in the countries can follow where now the wealth is actually kept in Africa and they're producing for themselves and they're keeping it for themselves, right, So there's two sides to every story, right. So a lot of people aren't big fans of his because they said that, you know, he has a lot of money off shore and some shaky business practices, political pays on the politicians.
Speaker 3: So his wealth, right, and when we look at our country and we think of the wealthiest people in the world, and we know that one percent of the population has more money than ninety nine percent, so his statistic is even larger because yes, I think fifty percent of the country does live in poverty, and you have now a man who's in the top one hundred wealthiest people in the world, so the disparacy is even greater.
Speaker 4: So people are looking at that, like, but.
Speaker 5: That's not just his I mean, look at Carlos Slim.
Speaker 4: Right in Mexico. Another person.
Speaker 5: I look at his brillion of billionaires in India or even America, right, so that's all over the world. Yeah, but like I said this, you know, there's there's some some rumors that you know, he's done some things, which I mean most business people have on a certain level. Right, But then he also has a charity where he's donated one point two billion dollars of his own wealth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I believe him and Bill Gates or doing.
Speaker 5: He's doing some stuff with Bill Gates. Well, but then he also built two hundred homes for poor people.
Speaker 3: So and he said his favorite So he for the first twenty years of business, so he started his company I believe in nineteen seventy seven, first twenty years of business, refused to travel, did not travel at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's into no vacation. So that's because that goes back to the college. Different thing right where I said, Okay, you start with money. Obviously, if you start with money, you have a leg up. It's obvious, right, But you still have to work the money to make it more money. So the guy didn't take a vacation for twenty years. Twenty years now he takes vacation now, But for the first twenty years in business, he didn't take a vacation.
Speaker 3: His ratio now is for every two weeks he works, he takes a vacation. I got to get We have to get to that, right, Yeah, I mean that's an amazing question.
Speaker 5: It's like, how many people take vacations just got here.
Speaker 4: It shouldn't be.
Speaker 5: He can't afford it, right, you you.
Speaker 4: Have no money and you're still taking vacations just for the hell of it.
Speaker 5: You're going Miami just just cause it's funny.
Speaker 4: You said Miami. Because when he said the two favorite places of travel.
Speaker 5: Atlanta in Miami, Atlanta in Miami, that's pretty random. I'ma be honest with you. If I'm one of the richest people in the world, I love Miami. I love Atlanta too, Those would not be my two top travel desers.
Speaker 4: Well, where you're coming from though you're coming from New York.
Speaker 5: It doesn't no matter where I'm coming from.
Speaker 3: Somebody who's in Nigeria that may look at that as like that's a tourist destination, and we do it like pretty regularly.
Speaker 5: Shotlana Shot to Miami too. It's just a little random for me, that's all. But yeah, those are his two favorite. He actually owns a lot of property in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he I think he had a residency out there, But now I think he's saying at some like luxurious like resort there.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, I mean, Nigga, he's bawling out of control. But the thing about it also is that so this flip sides to every coin. So some people say he's a bad guy, some people say he's a good guy. I learned that life is complicated, right, So when I was in Columbia. I went to Columbia a little while ago. And obviously when you think of Columbia, who do you think of It's a legend. So everybody knows Pablo Escobar story. I don't have to tell a story. Half of the country hates him, despises him, and half of the country loves them. Right, So depending on who you talk to, you're gonna get a different story. So if you talk to some of the people that he might be responsible for killing and you know, ruining lives and all the things, then they would tell you that he's the devil, he's the worst person in the world. But then I went to a community, I forget what it's called, but it's Pablo Eskebar community where he built I think like three hundred homes for poor people, right, And he built the whole community. He built the hospital, he built homes, restaurants, grocery stores, He literally built the community for poor people, and everybody lived rent free, everybody had a home. They got murals of them on the wall. To this day, they still got murals of them, like he's he's a saint. Right. So life is complicated, right, And depending on who you ask opinion, you're gonna get a clearly different answer.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 3: So there was in the part where he's building the refinery, there was some some some negative press where people had lived near the land.
Speaker 5: And he came in, he cleared the land, so that's that's it.
Speaker 4: Then didn't provide homes or anything.
Speaker 5: So they said he cleared off the land to make wrong but then he build two hunchd homes for poor people. So it's like.
Speaker 3: And his thing is like he doesn't even want to be remembered as the wealthiest person of African descent. He'd rather be known as a philanthropist and that's honorable. Like he just wants to be the person that has given back, and he has a chance to like what we said, if you think about it, like his country relies on imports, he has a chance to reverse their entire trajectory and be a country that is pretty much making their revenue from exporting their resources.
Speaker 5: So that's I mean, now that's a good story. And then also it's just you know, we like to highlight business people and we want to give people inspiration and hope and just just different figures. Right, Like we all know who Warren Buffett is. We know who Bill Gates is, so why should we not know who he is?
Speaker 3: I doubt and I mean I work in schools. This is his name is never being brought up.
Speaker 5: But there's a bunch of people. We got Robert Smith, who's the richest black American. He's a billionaire, and a lot of people don't know he.
Speaker 4: They have well, Rob Johnson before him, and he wasn't brought up.
Speaker 5: But even Rob Johnson, he's still in sports entertainment on a certain level, but Robert Smith is in private equity. So we're going to try to highlight different people from different walks of life, but business in particular, because I think it's important for people to see these people and to just know about him. You don't have to be a fan of him or not, but at least you should be aware of the.
Speaker 3: Power of presence and the power of perceptions. Like at least I've seen somebody who can do that, is doing this. It's powerful. If we've never seen that, like, then we may expire to be an athlete or somebody entertainment. It's like, oh wait, there's somebody doing something else in this avenue. Oh I can do this too, right, So the power of just seeing yourself and somebody successful, you can't measure.
Speaker 5: It now, you can't. And once again, shout out to Africa, uh South Africa, to Nigeria, Ghana, Ethiopia, Somalia, all that, Egypt. We're gonna go to Africa very soon. I have unfortunately I have not been to Africa yet. I've been a lot of different places but I have not been to Africa, so that's on my to do list. I'm looking forward to it. I'm very excited and yeah, we're gonna get out there for sure.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: My graduates from my school being forced bad, drop, drop, drop a job.
Speaker 2: Thanks for selling your car to Carvana. Here's your check. WHOA, When did I get here? What do you mean?
Speaker 1: I swear it was just moments ago that I accepted a great offer from Carvana online.
Speaker 2: I must have time traveled to the future. It was just moments ago. We do same day pickup. Here's your check for that great offer. It is the future, it's the present and just the convenience of Carvana. Sorry to blow your mind.
Speaker 4: It's all good.
Speaker 5: Happens all the time.
Speaker 2: Sell your car the convenient way to Carvana.
Speaker 6: Pickup times may vary, and fees may apply.