Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to Bachelor Happy Hour.
Speaker 2: I'm Rachel and I'm Cheerity, and today we have Bachelor and a Bachelor in Paradise Season ten alum Jess Edwards Welcome, Hey guys. Hello, We're so happy to have you. I'm like, I feel like I haven't seen you in person since Miami's my week and that was truly a nightmare for me. I don't know about you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a lot.
Speaker 4: It was my first Miami Swim Week and I have never felt so chaotic in my life.
Speaker 3: But that's fine. Actually, I definitely have felt more chaotic. But you get the gist.
Speaker 1: I'll get into that. We will get into that. Jess, we first met you on Joey's season in The Bachelor and then saw you fall in love on season ten of Bachelor in Paradise. Walk us through how it's been being engaged in the real world.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it has been a whirl win.
Speaker 4: It honestly feels like a live time ago and it was only like a little over a year ago, which is crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it means when started doing great. I am in Dallas now.
Speaker 4: It's been definitely, you know, a learning curve, moving to a New City where I don't really have anyone. He has a great community here, so yeah, just figuring out, you know, how we can support each other through that. We were long distance for a little bit, as you guys know. I was in San Diego before I came out here. But it's been great. It's been great. I feel like, you know, bachelor is this bubble of almost like perfection, Like you're in this amazing scenario with wonderful people and you're in the perfect scenario to fall in love and you know, learn a lot, but then you get thrown out in the real world and you're like, oh shit, here we go.
Speaker 2: Okay, how did you guys decide on Dallas apart from San Diego?
Speaker 3: Lived here. Yeah, he's lived here for like thirteen years.
Speaker 4: He went to college out here, and then eventually like some of his family moved out here, and yeah, so we just decided that.
Speaker 3: It was better. I don't really know.
Speaker 4: Cineco is expensive, honestly, and I have family out there, but my parents are in Tennessee. So I was like, I'll be closer to my parents. It's kind of in the middle, so I can go boom to Tennessee, Boom to California, and yeah, that's kind of how we decided.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love that.
Speaker 1: I love Bachelor really is such a perfect bubble. And you said you guys have had some learning curves. What has that been in the real world?
Speaker 4: You know, I think that anytime you are moving in with someone, like obviously when you're a long distance we would be together for you know, weeks at a time, but until you're really combining your lives and fully like e meshing into each other's day to day, it really just like yeah, you know, like you know, it just is different, and it's a good different. You know, we always we have our ups and down through lives, but he really is such a great partner when it comes to those stressful things. And like there's been so many times where I've been like, Babe, I'm just I'm feeling a little alone out here, like this is a lot, and he's been like, well, baby, do you need to go to Tennessee? Do you need to go to San Diego? How can I support you?
Speaker 3: He's very good at like just communicating.
Speaker 4: And making me feel like it's okay to feel that way, Like you we're in this together, You're not alone.
Speaker 3: Even if you're feeling lonely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I one hundred percent relate to that so much. I tell everyone, I'm like, it is like great, Like it's great obviously being with your your partner and living together, but there is a big learning curve and people don't really always realize that. And I think sometimes to how they see us from our shows, it doesn't really translate to like, you know, like the real life. They still think of us, Oh okay, like everything's happy, go lucky, and it is, but there's real life problems to that too. So what would you say was like probably the biggest challenge for you guys since like combining lives and living with each other versus like maybe something that was like seamless and floats so effortlessly for you guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think one thing would definitely be I would say because we lived together and we both worked from home. He runs his own business and then I saw have a nine to five work from home job as well, So we're at home together like all day every day, and we have really had to work on differentiating like, hey, just because we're in each other's space doesn't.
Speaker 3: Mean we're like spending quality time.
Speaker 4: We definitely have had to be like all right, we need to make a plan to do this, or like let's put the phones up, or even like maybe let's I'm sure you guys have noticed. We haven't been on social media as a couple as much together because I feel like we were doing it so much it was like it felt a little performative. We're like, all right, this is not realistic, like we're forcing ourselves to do these things, yeah, when we just want to be normal.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I'm like, dotton is the same way. I'm like, I'm not forcing your hand, you come in the motor or not. Like we're good exactly.
Speaker 3: That's exactly how we are at first.
Speaker 4: I feel like we were really trying to like be like no, no, no, we've got to do it because yeah, fans like whatever, but we're like, you know what, No, we just need to do what feels natural. And he's wanted to take a little break from social media, and I'm not going to be like no, you need to be in this. So if he wants to, he wants to, and yeah, I think just like trying to be as normal as possible because yeah, we just handed this platform and we're like, what.
Speaker 2: Do we do it's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot. I wanted to ask you that question because fans have been speculating that you guys are breaking up because he's not on your content. What like do you feel when you see those comments? You know it.
Speaker 4: I have a really bad problem at like seeing stuff and getting immediately infuriated, Like it really does and this is probably exactly what they want to hear or two, But I will see it and I'm like, oh, I'm so mad, like we need to post together, and I'm like, you know what, it literally does not matter what they think, Like I know, nine times out of ten, it's because they care and they're like invested in us.
Speaker 3: And then it's just the people that you know, want to start drama.
Speaker 4: Like I will have people literally comment on videos where you can clearly see my ring in like every clip, and they're like, she's not been wearing her ring recently, and I'm like, girl, just have.
Speaker 1: This is when it happens when we're off season and there's no going on.
Speaker 2: I always say, it really isn't like I'm sorry, it's a disease, but it's also something that I feel like couples have to do. And I'm so like, proud of you guys for doing that establishing like cause it's rare. It's rare where you can see a couple what you just explain, like Okay, we're gonna take a break from social media. Some people just get so intertwined in that cycle and it becomes like, Okay, this is all they know. And I made that like my responsibility. Even Dwton he's far more like in tune with that than I am at times where he's like, no, this is a hard boundary that we don't have to post everything. We don't need to share everything. And again it's hard sometimes for fans or the fan base to understand that. But again it's like this is our real lives. Like there's a lot going on. It is a lot of like emotional investment, mental exhaustion. So I'm proud of you guys for setting that boundary. I think it's really important.
Speaker 4: We also have life stuff going on, Like there's things that pop up and like I don't know, I'm just not I don't.
Speaker 3: Ever want to be fraudulent or fake on there.
Speaker 4: So I don't want to have all these things going on and then be like, Okay, we gotta make a couple's video really quick, like come on, let's fit it in, Like it just feels like too much, and then it gets to be an annoyance and it's not fun anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you both, because both obviously are in bachelor couples, what do you guys think of the people who go on reality shows? It doesn't even have to be the bachelor, and then they make that their whole personality, the couple's content. I see it a lot on Love Island. What's your take?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I truly can't. You know what, I get it. There's a part of me that I'm like, I get it, and especially following immediately after a season, you're kind of in this like peak zone. However, the longevity and the sustainability of that, I don't Again, I agree with Jess. I'm like, I'm not sure how authentic it is. And it can put such a strain on your relationship. Again, we're only seeing highlights of people's lives, Like, we're not gonna see them having an argument. They're not posting that on social media, you know exactly. It puts a strain on your relationship, and that's again something I had to like kind of realize, Okay, this is a little bit taxing, is it worth it? And I think people again don't have really the capability to come to terms with that because they're like, oh, I've already done it. Now I have to like I have to keep it up or keep with it, and that can be the hardest part of the journey. So I do think that it, you know, requires some level of self awareness and authenticity to that that a lot of people will not really acknowledge. So I'm like fifty to fifty on it. I'm like, I get it, but then awesome, I don't know, it's.
Speaker 1: The authenticity comment. Yeah, Jess, Yeah, you're not getting out of this question.
Speaker 4: No, I totally agree because I think like, of course, especially when we first got off a Paradise and we were allowed to post each other, we had so much content like on the back burner, just like ready to post it, and then we were doing a lot of fun things and we were going back and forth, and like, I think people were really interested in seeing that, and so again it's kind of like back to the like reality of our day to day is not that interesting, So then it feels forced. So it's like when we were first off the show where he's going back and forth from Dallas to San Diego.
Speaker 3: I'm going back and forth from Dallas and San Diego.
Speaker 4: We're getting invited to a lot more things, Like we're doing a lot more so now that a lot of that has calmed down. It's just kind of like, you know, if it comes up and we're doing something cool, let's film it.
Speaker 3: But we don't have to we also, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm honestly, I agree so much with charity. Like when you're first out.
Speaker 3: It's like you want to pop off. I mean, let's be honest, you want people to be invested even more.
Speaker 4: And I think that it's just it's not realistic to post that much. Unless that's what your life revolves around, then that's understandable.
Speaker 3: But like we got other stuff going on.
Speaker 1: Yeh, I ask, because again I'm single. What what would be like the engagement when you post with Spencer or with Dotten versus by yourself? Is it better or does it do worse?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: When I post with Spencer it gets like triple the amount. It's we like make jokes about.
Speaker 2: People are so fake and that's what they're gonna answer. I was like, it really is like my couples always it's better, and it's because again, your fan base is invested in your relationship. That's what they know you off of. So it's like, Okay, we don't really care that you watered your plant today and you have like four new succulents, Like they don't care. It's like cool, but like we want to see dot and I get it. But that's where like it can become a little parasocial and it's like everyone next no, I.
Speaker 4: Like, I juststed something silly on TikTok like two days ago, and it was like right after I had gotten out of a hot yoga class or something, and someone's like Werry Spencer and I'm like, well, he doesn't go to so he's like a wily, insane like where I'm like drinking a coffee.
Speaker 2: They're like, Wherry Spencer, that is crazy. I'm so sorry, Like I don't know, probably running that's what he does working. Okay, so wait, but I actually saw that you have started to do that. Is that because spin to encourage you? Because I love that. I'm like, you're running, You're a runner.
Speaker 4: I'm trying And I took like three weeks off and I just started running again this week, like literally two days ago.
Speaker 3: I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 4: Oh. I picked it up because that's what he spends like seventy five percent of his time doing. And I was like, you know what, I'm tired of being left out, Like I want to be able to run a.
Speaker 3: Little bit with you.
Speaker 2: That is so cute. Wait, okay, how hard has it been? Because I'm like, I'm not a runner, and that's like my one thing I want to become good at. But I don't know if it's in the car. It's truly so, you.
Speaker 3: Know what, I'm really slow, Like I'm not good. I'm not good at all, but I'm trying. And I think that I thought I.
Speaker 4: Hated it for years because I would just run in like whatever tennis shoes that I had, and he's like, no, babe, he takes me to this like runner store. I don't know there's a runner store store.
Speaker 1: I've never been in that store. I will never.
Speaker 3: Of course, you would a tennis shoe store.
Speaker 4: And so I got my feet fitted and like I recommended all these shoes and so I got a pair, and you know, he went with me and stuff and He's like, yeah, you should definitely get these ones, and it changed everything, Like I actually it's it still is.
Speaker 3: It hurts, but not as bad.
Speaker 1: Maybe one day I'll get in a gym. This could convince me.
Speaker 3: But we can do it together.
Speaker 1: Truly. I do have to bring it back to paradise because I have so many questions as a viewer. You came in and obviously you had a connection with Spencer, but you also had a connection with Sam. What were you looking for and what qualities did Spencer have that made you ultimately choose him?
Speaker 4: You know this, This question always comes up on these little podcast.
Speaker 3: Honestly, this is like no shade at all.
Speaker 4: I think Sam is super nice, like he was really easy to get along with. I just think that he definitely held back a little bit more. Spencer is very much like do do do and that's how I am too, And I don't know, he just matched my energy and also we have like a couple more days together and it was just an immediate spark, whereas like, definitely going along with Sam, I thought he was attractive, but there was just not that initial like spark that I felt with Spencer. And when you know both of them are right there in your face. It's very apparent that I just yeah, it's just honestly, it's not even comparable, Like I don't know that it come off mean, but it just.
Speaker 3: Wasn't at all.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's the right answer that show man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like no shade at all.
Speaker 4: It just yeah, it was I've never felt that way with anyone before.
Speaker 3: Obviously, That's why I got engaged.
Speaker 4: I actually just found my journal like a week ago that I wrote in the entire time in Perarodise, and I had not reread it in a year, and I was like, you know what, I want to feel some butterflies, like I'm gonna read this, And I literally wrote it out in my journal.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: It was a good date. But I couldn't stop thinking about Spencer.
Speaker 3: The whole time.
Speaker 2: That's so sweet.
Speaker 3: And I was like, it was really cute to read all of that.
Speaker 2: Again, That's that's literally how you know I'm not I'm like, my journal is probably the exact same way. I'm like, I like everybody, but I love one person. I'm curious, did you have like any relationship or not, like like friendship. Were you and Sam close before Paradise, Like have you guys met or was that the first time y'all met was on parl That was.
Speaker 3: The first time that we had met or I had talked to him.
Speaker 4: He was pretty close with Lean and Sidney from my season and I have like said, popped on FaceTime once or twice when they had been facetiming him.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that was it.
Speaker 1: Did you go in with Sam or Spencer in mind? Or who was on your list?
Speaker 3: Actually both? Actually both of them.
Speaker 4: Yes, they were like the only two guys that I even had on my radar.
Speaker 3: And it's so funny. I'll tell you guys a little secret.
Speaker 4: So I would say my best friend manifested Spencer and I because right before I was going I'll never forget, We're sitting on our couch and I'm like, oh, I'm like starting to.
Speaker 3: Get cold feet just a little bit because I went through.
Speaker 4: Some trauma after Joey's season, like everyone was so mean to me online. It was terrible, and I was like, I just don't know, like I'm finally better mentally, like I feel really good. I just don't know if I want to put myself in this situation to be in the public I again. And I was feeling really overwhelmed, and she's like, Jess, you are going and you're going to show them the real you, and you're gonna fall in love and you're gonna come back and you're gonna be engaged to Spencer.
Speaker 3: And I was like whoa what She's.
Speaker 2: Like name yeah, And I.
Speaker 4: Was like okay, why and she's like, well, because he's like the only one that you really like could click with.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, how do you go?
Speaker 3: Like have you secretly met this man? But it's like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: And she's like no, I mean I just have been thinking about it, and I just really I just have this weird feeling, like I have this gut feeling.
Speaker 3: And I was like, okay, you're you're a little crazy. I think that he's a little older than me.
Speaker 4: I think I probably am not his vibe, Like I just know him from social media and he's big fitness guy and I'm like heated classes three times a girl, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like yeah, Like I don't let's not get too far ahead here. That is and she called it somehow, she called it.
Speaker 1: So I have her number and so pretty future for me.
Speaker 3: She she can do it.
Speaker 4: She's done it multiple times for me, it's actually a little terrifying.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she has some little superpowers okay.
Speaker 1: Or something.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Wait, I'm I'm very curious because obviously you guys got engaged on Paradise. How was it with like meeting your parents? Did they did Spencer have a conversation before you guys got engaged, Like, how was that process?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: That was actually one of his major things that he was like, I'm not proposing until i can talk to both of her parents because I'm an only child, I have divorced parents and I'm really close with both of them. So he knew like just talking to my dad was not gonna be good enough. He's like, I need to talk to her mom too. So he got to talk to both of them, and then I was like, well that works for you, So I'm gonna ask that. I walked to both of my parents and I talked to them too, and it literally was a weightlift it off my shoulders, like hearing them both they both separately said the exact same thing, because I called them separately and they both were like, just like, we trust your judgment and your intuition and if you feel like this is right then, this is what you.
Speaker 3: Need to do.
Speaker 4: And my mom ended the conversation with Yolo, and I was like, okay, oh all right, go on it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I already does no, I'm all for the yollow. I think that would have sent me. I would have been like, let's get in stage right now. Did your mom have any other questions for Spencer or did your dad? Because my dad had so many.
Speaker 3: You know, my dad is a super chill guy. He's just like, well, are you a hard worker? Like, tell me about this, yeah, tell me about my daughter?
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, he was pretty easy, but I think my mom had had a few more for Spencer that were a little more intense.
Speaker 3: But he was like, I mean, they asked all the right things. So and after the you.
Speaker 4: Know, I don't even know how long the conversation was. It couldn't have been super long. I'm sure they didn't let him have too too much time, but whatever it was, by the time I called them, they both were confident in the answers they got from him and talking to me, So.
Speaker 1: Did he ever tell you what those questions were? You guys?
Speaker 4: You but he's like, it's men's stuff and it's between me and your mom.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, okay, okay. Yeah, so obviously you guys one or a place in one of the winning couples. I'm very curious, and I'm sure the rest of the audience is, what did you spend your money on?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Girl, we paid some bills.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: I was like, fine, okay, yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Used some of it to move out here to Dallas.
Speaker 2: And smart yeah, which is really awesome.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was the first car that I've been able to buy for myself fully, so that was like I felt really big girl, shout out ABC, what.
Speaker 1: Kind of card?
Speaker 3: And then we still have some savings too for our future.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, you guys spent it in the best way, in the way that you should. What kind of car did you buy?
Speaker 4: I got a Alexis g X five fifty or four fifty.
Speaker 3: I don't even know that one of those numbers.
Speaker 2: It's like the truck or like the suv.
Speaker 3: It's like the big suv. Yeah, and it's very the third row. So I'm like, I can grow into it when hopefully i'm a mom one day, I'll still be living this thing around. Yeah, it's really exciting. I was. I felt really like adult for that.
Speaker 2: I love that. Okay, So what essentially is the timeline for you and Spencer? Like, obviously you guys are enjoying engagement era, Like, is there any big plans that you guys have talked about or anything that's we can look forward to.
Speaker 3: We haven't.
Speaker 4: Initially we were like, Okay, once it's been a year of us living together, let's revisit. So that will be in January or like end of December. We just wanted to like experience a whole year of real life together. Yeah, and also I think we want to he wants to do a few more things entrepreneurial, entrepreneur.
Speaker 2: I think that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's hard, we'd to say, y'all. So he has a few things that he wants to do in that world. And then I also like, I'm like, what am I going to do with my life?
Speaker 4: Like I have a nine to five right now, which I love, but I would love to start something of my own. So I think we want to focus on those things before we're spending a ton of money on a wedding and things.
Speaker 2: Just yet.
Speaker 1: Literally forget it's been not even a year so long ago. But I'm glad you guys are enjoying each other and in the spirit of Spencer, where is Spencer?
Speaker 3: Spence?
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, Spencer, are you? Are you actually there?
Speaker 3: He is?
Speaker 2: He's coming down like I'm waiting to see a figurine.
Speaker 1: Move can we have He's a whole.
Speaker 2: Hurry, hurry, hurry.
Speaker 1: Well, there's check on Spencer.
Speaker 2: Dogs.
Speaker 5: It hasn't blurred out. He's like a perpetrator.
Speaker 2: Wait, okay, wait, what's the dog's name? I didn't even know you guys had on screen?
Speaker 1: So cute.
Speaker 3: We broke we both.
Speaker 5: To pick up.
Speaker 4: That's okay, Yeah, she's.
Speaker 1: Welcome to happy hour. We needed a wellness jack. Everyone's been wondering where are you upstairs?
Speaker 5: Working on my computers?
Speaker 2: Should be We.
Speaker 5: Love a working man trying to pay these bills.
Speaker 1: Good you guys look amazing. And before you go, we would love to hear the three things you love most about Jess.
Speaker 5: That's very sweet, okay. Number one would be the fact that when she's in a room, she makes everyone feel seen. She lights up a room. She's extremely supportive of things I like to do, even if it includes running way too much every day and waking up way too early and.
Speaker 3: Way too early.
Speaker 5: Even waking up. We actually so, me and my friends had this run that took us three hours last Saturday, and all the ladies set up a scavenger hunt and woke up to drop us off. So we were like scavenger hunting as we were running. Yeah, six am. And then I'm just communication with things, you know, it makes everything so much easier. Those would be my my top three, but I feel like there's more that I could toss in too. But yeah, those are those are the easy ones that come to mind.
Speaker 2: This is very sweet. Those are great answers, y'all.
Speaker 5: This is my first time seeing the podcast, well being on it since the new facelift, and y'all have been doing amazing well. I actually opened Instagram.
Speaker 1: Opening Instagram and commenting aggressively.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's posted go com I know. I'm like, okay, no, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like just literally music draft, we are one in the same. I'm like Spencer has done I'm like, have you done on Instagram? He has not been on like in the past two weeks unless it's something he has to do. I'm like openness now, yeah.
Speaker 5: Like, and I trouble with the ideas and ideas all sound good, editing. I'm I feel like my grandparents when they were just introduced to a new technology. When I'm having to edit everything on cat cutting, it takes me four hours to edit a forty five second reel. I'm like, you know, my time's probably better utilized in an.
Speaker 3: Entire makeup video. While standing in line at the post office yesterday, I.
Speaker 5: Could never I know.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, our brains get so used to boys are still like they're like almost perfectionists. It's so funny because I'm like, you guys take so long.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you do, sitting on the couch like watching our show, and she's like, oh, just finish another reel. I'm like, there's my attention span is far too limited to be allocating it towards editing or reel and watching something. And I don't know, y'all are so much better and multitasking the men.
Speaker 6: Hey, Spencer, did you like that photo? We posted a view and Bailey's I was going to say the past aggressive comment.
Speaker 5: I've commented on it. I was promised by Katie and ABC that that photo would never see the light of day.
Speaker 3: Don't work at ABC.
Speaker 1: If you haven't noticed off at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nothing is promised.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, it you know when in Rome you toss and see if you can rock it. I can't, but I tried, actually got it like Charity, but I tried.
Speaker 2: Hello, but I think you did I when we interviewed Bailey, I said, why does Spencer look better than I'm so sorry?
Speaker 3: No, you guys want to know a fun fact.
Speaker 4: I sent that photo to my mom when we first got sent all those pictures.
Speaker 5: I think the first photo she sent from the show of just being not like us together.
Speaker 4: Literally made it into a sticker and we'll just like randomly send sticker of.
Speaker 2: Your mom is iconico.
Speaker 5: I mean, I couldn't do anything next to Bailey was rocking the bent she was.
Speaker 1: It didn't photo shopped onto your head.
Speaker 5: That's what we're gonna ai y'all these days is crazy. They're just me. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wait, you guys in the chat we have another Bobby on a picture and it is just.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah that see it looks a lot, but she is the bottle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I actually do like short hair, your face. You have a good face structure for like a little medium short.
Speaker 3: I could do it.
Speaker 5: Loved maybe the opposite she went lighter, need to go darker, but maybe it's time for the Brenette ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's see something.
Speaker 4: I am going to San Diego on Friday.
Speaker 3: I can just pop in my hair dress again.
Speaker 5: She has her hair girl in San Diego, so that requires the San Diego trip.
Speaker 6: That is.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 5: She's like, oh no, san Diego.
Speaker 1: Spencer, before you go. Yes, there will be another season of Bachelor in Paradise next year. What advice do you have for the couples that get engaged on Paradise and making it in the real world.
Speaker 5: I would go in with zero expectations and I would not try to. I think the atmosphere when you get there, you want to really put forward a certain version of yourself and maybe go outside your comfort zone to be more talkative and have more conversations all that, which I think is great to an extent, but also just leaning into being comfortable with everything that you're doing on the show, so you're kind of leading with your actual self and you know, just making sure that you're true to yourself through the process, because I think it's easy to get lost in and if you do that, it'll all work out, hopefully as well as it worked out for us. But you know, if it doesn't then I know people shout out to Jonathan that was on the season and didn't leave with anyone, but now he's in an awesome relationship. I think that everything works out for a reason. Things are meant to be in happy in the way that they happen, and just go in, be yourself, have fun. It's a once in a lifetime experience. It's such an awesome experience you'll never have another time where people are making your food and waking you up and you don't have a phone, and yeah, and just enjoy it. Yeah. And guys, I think guys on the show they think they need to be making out with everyone all the time, and you don't have to.
Speaker 3: You don't have to.
Speaker 5: Maybe don't screw over a ton of women just because you feel like you gotta run around, shut your tongue down people's throats. You don't have to.
Speaker 1: I do love a beach makeout. I was on the opposite end. But the fact that you guys are happily engaged. I love that for Jess and it makes you great TV. I love it. And congratulations, you guys look.
Speaker 2: So beautiful and you guys, Lily so good. Yeah, so good to see you. I'm like, we'll have to have you on and then we'll bring just downstairs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Switch, I would love to be honored.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna transition into our little game for the week. Oh so sweet. Okay, we're gonna do something behind the scene photos that the audience has never seen, and you're gonna have to give us the backstory. So I don't think you've seen these photos either, but we're gonna find out.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I'm scared. I'm actually scared.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be cute.
Speaker 6: All right, Jess, here comes photo number one.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you guys were gonna be showing me pictures only from Paradise.
Speaker 4: We have a picture of me from Joey's season when I am on the boat, like probably ten seconds away from pulling out going to meet him, and I look actually insane.
Speaker 2: I was so scared, and you look stunning in the I'm like sunning.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that is hilarious.
Speaker 1: So I have to ask how many champagnes were had before many pulled up? Too many night one, because I had to have multiple just to get the courage.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, too many, too many, too many. I think that you can see that as the night keeps going on.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I just I wasn't eating enough and I was going back.
Speaker 2: To the bar.
Speaker 1: I was also doing that to me, and you are the same person.
Speaker 3: No, HAP was so nervous.
Speaker 4: I remember, like I feel like I don't really get nervous that often. Like I'll play a couple like conversations up in my head like okay, okay, I got this my back pocket, I got this my back pocket. But in this scenario, I feel like I'd like literally blacked out.
Speaker 3: I forgot words. And I also was like, holy shit, I'm about to be like on TV. This is weird.
Speaker 2: This is so firty that you say that, because I'm like, I feel like you were like pretty confident. I was like Jack tonight, I was like, you were pers but I was like, this is.
Speaker 3: Actually goes are.
Speaker 2: Here for me.
Speaker 3: No, that is a very that is so funny.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think you're ready for the next one. Oh cute.
Speaker 3: Okay. So we have a picture of me and the Queen Hannah be so I this is actually my first.
Speaker 4: Time meeting her was on periodise and for years, you know, we've been told y'all look alike, y'all could be sisters. Y'all could be cousins and yeah, after meeting her in person, I was.
Speaker 3: Like, whoa, this is a little weird. This is a little strange.
Speaker 4: We we're very similar, just our mannerisms and I think both being from the South to we have like a little twang.
Speaker 3: It's funny, it's funny. She's super sweet. I love that.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, it's this southern, it's this seven bells, like you guys have the accent. But I'm like, also, y'all's features are so similar.
Speaker 4: Looks exactly the same, Like we smile like really wide.
Speaker 1: We're like, you both have great white teeth, you have the same, like great brows, just phenomenal and normally I hate when people are like you look like so and so. You genuinely are her twin and the that's impossible way you guys look fantastic.
Speaker 6: Good Okay, So producer Katie here, so Jess. I remember the day we took this picture and thinking to myself and I can't remember if we talked about it, but being like god, I wish Susie Evans was here right now because the soap was always Hannah be Susie equals Jess Edwards.
Speaker 3: I was like their love child or something. Yes, that is so funny. I don't remember that.
Speaker 6: The social like the social producer of me was like, God, what do I have to do to make sure I get a picture three of them together?
Speaker 2: Because I just need it?
Speaker 3: And yes, I don't think we ended up getting a photo all three of us.
Speaker 6: It is one of my biggest missed opportunity because.
Speaker 2: Susie was there. I just like, Susie was there, so you forget a fumbled bag right there?
Speaker 1: He did?
Speaker 3: That was messed up. What's wrong with us?
Speaker 6: I blame justin Blaze.
Speaker 2: Let's put it truly, Let's put it on.
Speaker 1: Susie stays getting the short end of the stick every single time. Oh wait, so cute.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this one better be framed in y'all's house.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this one is so cute.
Speaker 4: And shout out to Katie because she made this happen. We were Spinster and I had been in the ocean or something and it started raining, so we were walking back and we were just being.
Speaker 3: Silly, being so cute in the rain.
Speaker 4: And Katie was like, perfect opportunity for a run and hug jump and I'm like and so we did their run and jump hug whatever what do they call it? Like, what's the whood you? Yes, didn't even know what that meant until that.
Speaker 1: I didn't know either till my bachelerette season.
Speaker 2: They're like goo you.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what is a hooge?
Speaker 2: You mean?
Speaker 4: I'm not great with the acronyms. But no, it was a super special moment. It was raining, and that man is strong, but it is so strong. He lifted me up to having him back.
Speaker 2: I love that, Jess, I have seen it.
Speaker 1: I have to ask, because if I was this in love, how did you not go ask Jesse Palmer to not marry you on the spot? Because I think, no, literally, that love I possessed me, I would have done that. You guys look like out of a music video.
Speaker 3: That is so funny, you know what.
Speaker 4: Honestly I think that for a lot of the time that I was on periodise, I have this like little like double on my shoulder kind of being like, this is too good to be real, This is too good to be real. And when I finally just like flicked him off my shoulder, I felt like a weight lifted off and I was like, no, girl, you deserve this and this is real.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's so sweet, you guys are this is like the perfect photo.
Speaker 4: And literally right after we got engaged and we were screaming and jumping in my dress was really short that like my cheeks were kind of popping out a little bit.
Speaker 2: And since I kept having to like as they should be as I went a gentleman though, like so sweet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's like these donna need be in our engagement photos.
Speaker 2: Oh no.
Speaker 4: We were so happy and some of our favorite producers were like right there off to the side, and so this was like right after we had like ran and hugged them and.
Speaker 3: We were just like freaking out. Like I remember, I was like shaking, you know.
Speaker 2: I'm like, your face in this photo is like pure joy. It's yeah, I can tell seconds. It is so sweet.
Speaker 1: Have you guys had professional engagement photos or do you plan to?
Speaker 3: We haven't. We actually have been meaning to do that.
Speaker 4: We were gonna do some for like our one year up to the date of actually getting engaged, but we missed that. That was in May, so maybe we'll do it in September when the it's like the finale air date anniversary.
Speaker 2: Okay, cute, I need to get absolutely, it's beautiful time. No, honestly, that sounds like I did all mine literally right after, because I was like, if I was to try and do it, like you know, I get.
Speaker 4: Time and then now it's like, also, it's so freaking hot in Texas. I'm like, I could you could not pay me to go out and do a photo shoot outside here?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not, Like no, I'm like, you have to bring Spencer to San Diego, you guys. Yeah, it's a little bit of a like somewhat of a breeze there. Yeah, because I could not do textas heat. That's no joke. So okay, thank you, jess This was so great, Like you were an angel. We adore you and this was like such a fun interview, Like I mean, you just shared so much and I just feel like a lot of the people are gonna like love this. So thank you.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it was so nice chatting with y'all.
Speaker 4: It's always just the best time with my bacheloration PEPs.
Speaker 1: Where can Bachelor Nation follow you if they don't already?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, well I have a very basic name, you guys, So my Instagram and TikTok are Jessica Edwards with four Underscores, Jessica Edwards Underscore, Underscore, Underscore, Underscore, Underscore, Underscore, Underscore Underscore.
Speaker 1: Remember the underscore as well as the fact that you can follow us. I'm Bachelor Happy, Our'mbatchination. Make sure your rate, review and subscribe wherever you listen to your podcasts and we listen to next time.
Speaker 3: Cheers,