Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaseelle Bryant's what's up, my people? This is ROYM and Dixon. Thank you once again for being here. Wounds one too many? There's always one too many. Yeah, that was like a little too long, like dragged that one.
Speaker 1: It should be Yeah, okay not woo No, okay, we'll get the.
Speaker 2: Woop woops together. Okay for the future. How you feeling. I'm feeling great?
Speaker 3: You are?
Speaker 2: I am? So have you been working out? What's going on? What? What? Because I remember you were on this like, oh you just want to update?
Speaker 1: Yeah I want to Oh okay, okay. I thought you were saying I looked nice.
Speaker 2: And fit for something.
Speaker 1: Well you do, but like, yeah, what's how No, I'm still inconsistent, That's what's happening.
Speaker 2: So okay.
Speaker 1: So my, when it's like spring and summer, I have a really hard time working out indoors, like I want to be outside, but my allergies have been lighting me up lately, so that took me off my grind. However, I'm I'm I'm back on it. I'm getting back on it. Okay, I'm getting back very good.
Speaker 2: Yes, you have a reason to be shady moment, I do.
Speaker 1: So this is really like an every day reasonably shady moment. Okay, I love those shady shady Okay, okay, okay. Why are those damn Chick fil a ketchup packets?
Speaker 2: What's so freaking hard to open? Why, Robin, it's your teeth? You ssh your teeth. I don't want to like, yes, well, no, I like to rip it. I like to open it up and squeeze. I like to do with your teeth. But I don't. But I feel like I'm I don't you know.
Speaker 1: I feel like it'll be like one freak accident when I open with my teeth and I and I put.
Speaker 2: A rip off, tear my gums or something. Do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No, it's like side to it still requires effort, like why is that ship so hard to open?
Speaker 2: And then you know what else?
Speaker 1: So then we'll be in the car because you got to eat your Chick fil A fries like as soon as you get them, because they're like always nice and hot. Yes, by the way, I don't know pole question. Who what's your favorite fast food fries. I say, chick fil A Hell no McDonald's.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: McDonald's leaves a greasy after taste, yes, Like after I eat McDonald's fries, I regret it.
Speaker 2: Yes, But when they're going, when they're in your mouth, it's amazing. And the salt McDonald Yes, if they're hot, it's their perfection. Yes, but regret it afterwards, you do, but you regret You should regret their Chick fil a fries too, not as much, okay, fine, as much?
Speaker 1: Okay, So back to chickil So, like, you know, you get them in the car and.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, let me get these hot fries. Yes, you know.
Speaker 1: And I like to drive with my knee and squeeze in the ketchup packet onto my my French fry.
Speaker 2: You're an old man, you are an old freaking man. But if you drive with your knee so you can eat your fries, yes, that's what like my grandfather would do. Really well.
Speaker 1: Your grandfather has skills, and so do I.
Speaker 2: And okay, I.
Speaker 1: Want to eat my fries and I want to squeeze my ketchup packet onto my fry one by one.
Speaker 2: While I eat. Then those freaking kids in my car, Like, can you help me open my ketchup packet? I can't open it? Okay, First of all, in the car, you're allowing your kids to open up ketchup packets. Well I have to do it for them, okay, Or you tell them that they cannot eat their fries right now. Well, they're not like two, so they're not gonna like, they're not gonna spell. No, Okay, you're not gonna. But who puts ketchup on fry by fry? No?
Speaker 1: No, you just need it on the whole pack. No, but that's a mess. I like to to squeeze. I like to take the ketchup packet ripped, the little part off where you squeeze, right, take one fry and squeeze touch up on the one fry.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen, listen, because driving I'm not gonna dip it. While the shady part is that you can't get the packet open, No, the shady part is you're doing the most. Okay, you're doing the most.
Speaker 1: The shady part is these freaking packets are so hard to open.
Speaker 2: Okay. Why Okay, Well they're impossible get the chick filate.
Speaker 1: They're literally gonna like give me arthritis and carpal tunnels.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to open up. No, that's your iPhone. Okay, that pick ass iPhone you have. I still have the mini guys do that is so little? Oh it's so sweet and is huge. Okay. My reasonably shady moment is also dealing with food. Get out, yeah, okay, So here lately, I you know, of course, I always go out to eat with my kids, and we've been on an almo kazi amakazi oma coz however you pronounce the word. We've been on a teary Okay. So you know what amakazi is. You talked about it a couple of podcasts. Okay. So it's like it's like if it's if it says that on the menu, it's probably expensive, which shouldn't be. And the the person who makes your food picks what you eat right like there's no menu so to speak.
Speaker 1: It's like they're picking for you because they say tasting menu shift China kind.
Speaker 2: Of, and they're saying that they know what's fresh and what they're going to put together and what they have in their kitchen and bl okay okay. Cheris is a big fan of this as well, yes, we love cherise, so yeah, the past two places that we've gone because we're trying them in every sushi spot that we go to. Yeah, they suck okay, and don't bring sea urchin to me? Do y'all know what that is? Ew angel? It is still traumatized by sea urchin? Okay, what exactly is it? I don't the definition. I don't know, but it sounds gross. It smells bad, okay, like it has like a funk to it, and I don't want it anywhere near me.
Speaker 1: Ew yeah, that sounds gross. I don't like eel either, though.
Speaker 2: All I love Eel, you do, yes, Eel is everything I don't know el. Okay. So I've decided that I'm going back to regular roles and picking my food. Like why, I don't want you picking for me no more?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, so you wouldn't go back to the places that you enjoyed, I'm gonna go back to it, or like what if they picked something like every time they pick something different?
Speaker 2: Now I want to pick my own. I want to be back in control of my food. Yes, I'm giving up. Okay, I don't want y'all picking my food no more. I'm gonna pick my own dam food. So am Kazi is shady?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's shady, Yes, all right, I mean it is. But you you know you know what you're walking into, do you. Yeah, if you're giving them free rein to like pick your food, I'm.
Speaker 2: Thinking I need to trust you and be able to trust that you're picking the best for me. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think anytime you're dealing with that type of cuisine, Yeah, you don't know what you're gonna get.
Speaker 2: You do not know? Okay, So gg know that b E T is up for sale? Yes? Can we talk about this? Yes? Because the people that are talking talks to purchase it. Shaquille o'neo fifty cent h somebody else Tyler Perry No not okay, Tyler is separate, Tyler.
Speaker 1: Ah, you're talking about they're in a group together, Shaq fifty and and somebody else are in a group together for to buy BT and then Tyler Perry wants to buy it.
Speaker 2: I heard Tyler Perry's buying it. Oh, oh Kenya Kenya verse ken ken you verse okay, which I like, by the way, so that they're they're together, Yeah, those three Shaquille fifty kenya I saw him at a party in Martha's Vineyard and I was gonna speak to him, but he didn't look my way. And he actually was two inches from me, so guess he didn't want to talk to me. But whatever, Okay, and then Tyler is separate. Okay, So what do we think, like, who do we want to buy BT? Yes? Who do we think would make be et oh something that we want to who would who would who would take it?
Speaker 1: Elevate it, take it to the next level? Yes, because remember back in the day, BET was like it's oh my gosh, every everything was it?
Speaker 2: BT? MTV like shut down, didn't it? Yeah, Well MTV doesn't get MTV is vh one?
Speaker 1: Well oh no, they're the same company, Viacom.
Speaker 2: Viacom bought well Viacom also owns BT. Do that? Yes? Oh wow? Okay, So anyway, I think that if it's Shaquille and fifty so we could get a little power, a little Basketball hour, and a little blackish mm hmm okay with that combo. Okay. But Tyler was just getting the DS right. Yes, So, yes, Tyler does have most of the most of them, not all of them, because I know that Tracy Edmonds does a lot of stuff for BT. Okay, yes, so.
Speaker 1: We would have a little more diverse offering with the Shack, can you verus?
Speaker 2: Yeah, fifty right ownership group. I'm thinking maybe.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I'm kind of like, okay, like, first of all, what Tyler Perry has done is just phenomenal and amazing, like of course him from ground up.
Speaker 2: Yeah awesome, But yeah, like do we want more of the same? Really? I don't. I just need some creative minds to like put programming on there that's gonna be like something that people like really really want to see, right, I mean, isn't it amazing though?
Speaker 1: How beauty literally went from like music videos pretty much music based to now it's just like it's it's what sitcoms and series and drama and do they people still make music videos?
Speaker 2: Are they? Are they out?
Speaker 1: I believe they put them on like YouTube. Okay, Like if you go to YouTube and I don't know, find some rapper or Justin Bieber and look up like their music videos, they.
Speaker 2: Have like billions abuse It's crazy. Okay, Yeah, Okay, I love that. I don't know, but I'm excited that, you know, this might be like a step in the right direction. So you're for the Shack group. I'm yeah, I think I feel like, well, I want to say Shaquille and well, fifty does have work on television. Stuff on television, you know what I mean? Like fifty fifteen in the business and he's done great. Like Power was great. Yeah, I haven't watched any of the other shows, but like Power, I'll give a power. Power was great.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you don't watch the other Powers. You just watched the one, the original one, Yes, the original one. I'm so surprised by you because you watched like everything.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I told y'all why. And I don't want to say we watching. Are we talking about Jerry Duty?
Speaker 2: We are? We are? Before we talk about that. I do want to say one thing about Jim Carrey just ties into the whole bet thing.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm gonna pause. I'm sorry they need to add a female in the mix, but keep going.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're right, yes.
Speaker 1: Robin Dixon, h because you could give them a female's perspective.
Speaker 2: Yes, And yeah, because a lot of times, because we're the viewers. Really hello, yes, unless it's like sports related, what do the guys really watch? And because you know, you know, people always tell us or guys always tell us that they watch Potomac because there because they're why yeah, or their girlfriends. Yeah, really they watch. You know, they got to blame it on somebody. So, yes, they need a female in there. You're absolutely right, you know what, Jim Carrey, Yeah, Tyler should hook up with a woman. True, Yes, I like that. I recommend Angela Bassett. Really know why did y'all both like give me stakface? I don't know?
Speaker 1: Okay, that would have been like the first time that you think of Okaya Ray, Okay, I like that, you like that? Yeah, So Tyler, it's more I think for me, it's more of like an age thing. I think you want to have someone like Issa, who is who's younger than Angela that can bring maybe fresher ideas.
Speaker 2: I was just feeling like Angela's been the business so long. I feel like she knows what would work well. Add both of them. Okay, no, let's just add Lisa. Okay. So Jim Carrey, which I appreciate, I read this and I totally like, was like, I so appreciate the fact that now he's saying it, because you know, Jim Carrey had a huge career and people really didn't know where he came from. We knew where he came from, but people said low kaylor right. So he said, and this is a.
Speaker 3: Quote, brilliant black minds gave me a shot in Hollywood when none of the white guys thought I could connect or be a leading man. I got my first starring role in ace Ventura because of In Living Color. Hashtag forever grateful.
Speaker 2: So I love the fact that he is like publicly saying like white folks didn't give him.
Speaker 1: A chance, right, given credit where credit is due, Yes, yep, And I forget that and we owe that to them all the way from it. And think about all of the people like Jennifer Lopez started her career on In Living Color as a dancer Rosie Perez, Yes, yes, and because she was a choreographer, yes, yeah, Like in Leving Color was important. Wait, met, there's so many shows that like I hate to be those people, like the old people who reminisce about back in my days. The music was good and the talent was good.
Speaker 2: But like I really feel that way.
Speaker 1: Like you think about all the TV shows that like were on when we were on, you know, from the cos we showed a Different World and Martin and Living Color, and we're just missing so much of that now, right, Like you know what, I watch Martin now and I don't think it's funny, But it was ridiculously funny back then, right, right, because you've seen it not as funny because you've seen it like over and over and over again. You've seen every episode and it's just yeah, it's just old now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I still love if I watch what's the one with Whitley and Dwayne a different different If I watch Different Role now, it's amazing. You're still still yeah. Yeah, So I don't know something happened there anyway. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, the one movie that I can watch that is still hilarious is coming to America for me.
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, but we didn't talk about this, and this was kind of a while ago. But do you remember when Prince Charles was his coronation and they put Harry in like the twelfth row? Okay, fine, the third right, But what we did talk about was the penis that was drawn into the field before the coronation. Wait, what there was a penis somebody in the middle of the night. So there's a field I think near where the coronation was happening, like on the on the outskirts of like the stands, and someone drew a penis.
Speaker 1: They didn't they talked about it for like five seconds on the news because they didn't want because the Brits.
Speaker 2: Called him and was like, don't talk about it, don't talk about it. But they drew a freaking penis.
Speaker 1: That ship is so funny, hilarious, go to our stories. Carl's gonna put it on our stories. It's funny.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, like can you imagine?
Speaker 1: No, but that is genius, like you know, you know, you're like the you know, planning, You're like the biggest event, Yes, years and in centuries is happening.
Speaker 2: Yes, what can we do? Draw a penis? Hilarious?
Speaker 1: Okay, So that if they were to catch up people with the charge them with the crime.
Speaker 2: What is a crime. You defaced the grass? Well, no, you deface the grass government property. Oh yes, So and it's a huge penis, yes, a small one and it's like a nice shaped penis. Okay, we gotta talk about Jerry Duty. Yes, okay, heck did you watch it? I watched it, Okay, Carter and I watched it together. Oh that's perfect. Yes, okay, we were cracking up. There's a show on Prime, I think the crime Yeah that's it's called Jerry Duty. Did you have commercials when you were watching? I can't remember. Okay, I can't mind hard commercials. Okay. Well, you know Prime gotta make that money. Yeah. I didn't really realize that. Okay. So the one hundred dollars I pay them every year for my Prime, it's not in your in your bundle, in your package. Yeah I thought that included it. But I had commercials while I was watching Jury Duty. Okay, I'm sorry, Robin. We'll get Carly on that, okay, okay, all right. So it is a reality show, yes? Is it docuseries? Is kind of a little bit. Yes, there's a twist at the end. I don't want to give it away.
Speaker 1: Well, well we can give away what the preview gives away.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: So so it's a documentary following a jury trial. Yes, okay, that's however, everyone involved in this trial is an actor except for one juror. Yes, so he thinks that he's participating in a documentary on his jury duty experience of a real trial, of a real trial, as he thinks the rest of the jurors are doing as well, but what he doesn't know is that the trial is faith. The lawyers are fake, the judge's fake, the you know, everybody is an actor except for him, right, And it was so just watching that and knowing that and seeing how he just interacted and the oh my god, and the things and then the people were so kooky and like, you know, just the things that he had to experience so good. It was just so funny and lighthearted. But it was just it was it was funny.
Speaker 2: I mean, how long does this normally take?
Speaker 1: Every music?
Speaker 2: You're at number fifty four? Me ready, guys, here we go. This is the most unorthodox trial that I resided with. It just literally feels like reality TV.
Speaker 1: Oh so, y'all watched this because it's just one of those.
Speaker 2: It was like six episodes. Yeah, it's easy. It's like probably thirty minutes. And then there's a twist at the end, so you gotta watch it to the end. What is the twist? Oh, you have to tell me after her? Yes, okay. So that led me to do some thinking.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, and in my thinking, I have convinced myself that I have been in a similar experience for the past almost eight years now.
Speaker 2: On the size of Potoma. Yes, and that I'm the only one that thinks this is actually real, and that all of you are acting. That's not true for all of you, all of the cast, the producers, the you know, the the aps and the pas and thes, so not true.
Speaker 1: I have convinced myself, the Andy Cohen, all of it, the damn zecs at Bravo. They're all acting and I'm the only one that's not in on the joke. Okay, I've convinced myself. I want you to know, at Robin, that's not true.
Speaker 2: Okay, is this shit is?
Speaker 1: And everything that you've show on the show, especially like your life here lately, which has been very traumatic, has been real.
Speaker 2: I'm here to tell you. But everybody's acting around me. I'm convinced. I'm so convinced. I'm so convinced.
Speaker 1: Because I can tell you like Karen is officially crazy. I'm convinced that's an actor. I am convinced that is an actor now. But I mean, but wait, I can say, yeah, my other thought about Jerry Duty when I was watching it, I'm like, these actors are so freaking good.
Speaker 2: They're so good? Are they not laughing? They're so good? I mean when I tell you they're so have you seen it, Carly, They're so good, and they're all they're all so believable. Yes, because that's what you see when you if you ever have jury duty and you go into the jury people, it's so random and you're like, these people are strange, yes.
Speaker 1: And you're praying to God you don't get picked. And how about the celebrity That was the funniest thing ever.
Speaker 2: And then what I I appreciated, which I'm sure you appreciate it is like when it was over and they showed like the producers and all that they had to go through to make it work, and like the different scenario. You never knew how the guy that didn't know that it was acting was going to react. Yeah, so they had to have like twelve different scenarios for how he was going to react, which is like a producer's nightmare and dream at the same time. So it was it was very well done. It was really cool.
Speaker 1: I do not know how those people kept their faces straight because that shit was funny. So yeah, anyway, my favorite was my favorite was the lady with the dreads.
Speaker 2: Okay, favorite, two favorites, the secure, the police officer, Oh yeah, that's they're not called the police officer. The bailiff, Yes, the bailiff. Bailiff freaking hilarious. Yes, he was good.
Speaker 1: And then the girl with the light eyes. I can't remember her name. I wish the black lady.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, it's freaking funny because her reactions are how how black women were? Yes, like, boy, get out of here. Oh my god, it's so good. Okay, it's a reality show. It's a reality show. But yeah it's good. So y'all check it out as a matter of fact, let us know what y'all think, because it's very funny, so funny. Now, did you see Queen Charlotte? No, when are you gonna watch that?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: Don't need to watch it? That's like the Bridgerton thing. Yes, I never watched Bridgeton. I never like those period pieces.
Speaker 2: Just I can't get to okay, but okay, just very very quickly on it. Okay, So Queen Charlotte is part of Bridgerton. It's on Netflix, and she is the black queen that married George. And they called it they knew first of all, they brought her over from from Russia, I think or Germany somewhere, and they needed to get him married right, and they called the fact that she was black. First of all, they were rubbing her skin because they were like, can we rub it off? And I was like, eh, what I was like? But they showed that, which for me was like, wow, that shit really happened. I'm sure, yes, And then they called it the Great Experiment. It was an experiment to be nice to black people and to invite them to the the not the palace, but the court, and to make them a part of the queen's court. Insanity. But it was amazing, how you know, because this is Shonda Rhimes, how she incorporated it in the whole story and how it was talked about, like I loved it. That's interesting. Yes. And the guy that was wat yeah, the guy that was over hair and makeup. You know, he's won awards his last time is Avon and he passed away I think when they were starting Queen Charlotte. Oh wowky, but he's won awards and he was amazing. But in their their hair situation is on a whole other level. Yes, So whoever picked it up after he you know passed away did a phenomenal time.
Speaker 1: Great, so I don't have to have been up on Bridgerton to watch Queen Charlotte. Okay, there was another show. Oh it was like working Mom said you and Ashley were talking about Yes.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I had to watch that. Okay, but let's but let's talk about the Little Mermaid. Okay, who is is it Chloe or Haley? It's Haley, not Chloe. Still, so Carly gave me the wrong name. Okay, so let's get it straight, right, and you're in fact checked, it's Haley Haley from what I understand. Okay, So I have to admit when the promos came out about her being the Little Mermaid and all the little black girls were like so excited. It was cute or whatever. But I was like, okay. But then like, now that it's out and I'm really seeing like all of the clips from it, I'm so freaking excited. I didn't seen any clips. What snow.
Speaker 1: I just saw the red carpet for the premiere, which I thought was I thought everyone looked phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna get to that in a minute. Okay, but it's to the point where I wish my girls were little and like looking at it, absorb it. Yes, for the first time it could see like this Disney her maid looks just like them. Yeah, like how amazing you broke the roots. He went to the abuff world. A man was drowning. I had to save him.
Speaker 1: This obsession with humans, yes to stalk.
Speaker 2: I just want to know more about them.
Speaker 1: I mean that is beautiful. I need Okay, so I need to see the clips. Yes, and maybe that will bring me some like nostalgia and make me, you know, think about the significance.
Speaker 2: But that, I mean, that's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Anytime young black girls can see themselves and feel represented, that's yes, that's beautiful because we did not have that growing up. No, we did not whatsoever. So let's talk about the red carpet for the Little Mermaids. Yes, offset.
Speaker 2: Girl, they were so freaking Yeah, that was adorable. And I don't remember seeing CARDI uh uh, I don't think she was there, but like he brought them and they were dressed to the nine. Yes, those little girls, and they were amazing.
Speaker 1: Yes, So imagine them watching the movie and like they're they're dressed up and excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then I saw someeople who weren't dressed at all. It was a little weird, like it was. It was a range of I saw pictures and I thought people look very like Ethereal, Like you gotta look at more, more, more pictures like they.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was just like if to me, it was one of the best looking red carpets I had seen in a while.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, it's better than actually the met Gala, right, because I don't know what the hell happened. We were when that happened. We were out of town. Yeah, my kids called me. They were like, Mom, the Mecala sons, And I was like, really, it was underwhelming. It was underwhelming. I felt like Kim had on address she wore back in the eighties that she just pulled out of her closet that she didn't work hard for. Because can we we need for you to do your job right, You got to be working on your dress for the Megala for like a year.
Speaker 1: Look, she's sitting course out at the Lakers game. She's trying to flag her a baller. Okay, but no, they said there is a baller in question.
Speaker 2: Who's the baller?
Speaker 1: Well, no, apparently there's not what she says like her friend has tickets or whatever.
Speaker 2: But I but she got her eyes on what or no, it's management somebody and somebody the owner. Who's the owner?
Speaker 1: Who is bus the bus family? Okay, so Jenny Buss, Oh yeah that's enough, that's enough. But yes, her eyes on somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kim Kim knows what she's doing. And I'm not mad at Kim Kim. Do you right exactly? Yes? Do what you do? Okay? So I felt like I did, Like I saw this video of Diddy getting ready for the mecal right, which, by the way, I loved his coat. He had some sort of cape thing on it. It was really nice. And I did like the fact that he was like, you know what, it ain't about me, and he was very dramatic with it.
Speaker 1: It ain't about me. Yes, I gotta get my nails done and my hair done. I got a prepping prime for like twenty four hours, and then I take a bath and then I get in a hot shower like it was it was dry, doing the most okay, But.
Speaker 2: He was like, but this is for Kresha is that what he calls? Yes? I guess, so, yes, this is for her.
Speaker 1: I just want to see it through her eyes. This is her day, this is her moment.
Speaker 2: It was so nice. And then he gets on a carpet and Lyla says, is this your girlfriend? And he says, oh, next question, next question. But you have done an entire video, right, what so.
Speaker 1: Excited about the fact that this is your date and you're so freaking happy?
Speaker 2: But you can't call her your gaffterr girlfriend. You can't call her she's nice, she's but he could have said tonight, she is right. He's like, she's my.
Speaker 1: Godfriend, tonight, my lady, tonight. Yes, yeah, I think you should call her my girlfriend, my lady.
Speaker 2: He was stumbling and fumble. That was funny. Yeah, good one, good one. And Lla was ready. I was like, but just tell me, I just need to know. Yes, La Lah, by the way, I thought she looked beautiful, Yes she did. I loved her dress. This is Lalah. Anthony loved her dress because it was like nice and overly dumb but understated, which I like. I didn't understand the whole feathers of it all. There was everybody had on a bunch of feathers, did they? I didn't understand. And I love Rihanna. I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Rihanna, right, and this see everybody like Rihanna gets a pass for everything she really does, like because people, oh, Rihanna at the best dress at the metch she came last, and she shout it down right this and I'm looking at it like, yeah, no, I don't see it. And apparently the whatever she wore took like, oh forever, yeah, months to make and it's yeah, we we didn't need to spend months doing that.
Speaker 2: No, Okay, every now and again I want to give y'all something to chew on, right, which you know, every now and again I get not sentimental, not sentimental, but she know deep. Oh I'm not really a deep person. But every now and again I could keep something and you want to share it? Yes, okay, so are we ready? We're ready? Retirement age is sixty seven?
Speaker 1: About that, okay, sixty five six, sixty ex seven okayctancy is around seventy eight. Okay, work for fifty years to maybe enjoy eleven years, that's a question mark. Okay, start enjoying your life now, because no one is guaranteed tomorrow. Amen, So sister, somebody say, amen.
Speaker 2: Won't they do it?
Speaker 1: That is so true? Right, It's so true. It's so true. But also yes, the reality of like you know, working people who work all their life, Yes, to enjoy it, for to thoroughly enjoy it for like eleven years or so, or you know, if you're lucky, right, that is crazy.
Speaker 2: That is crazy, is insane. And it's like eleven years in your way later in life, later in life and your health might be deteriorating, So are you really enjoying those eleven years?
Speaker 1: I always think like the cycle of life is so unfair, Like when you see, you know, elderly people and it's like, wow, they lived all this life, they did so much and now like you know, you see them to curiating and declining and you're just like, this is just it sucks.
Speaker 2: But save your money because you need to make sure that you can yourself when you're older, and it's so expensive secure. I mean, but I want to encourage everybody to call in sick tomorrow, just calling sick and just just enjoy your day, you know what, Okay, and if you take yourselves advice, let us know. We want to see how many people let us know that they called him sick tomorrow because they said, you know what, life is short. I got vacation days, right, and I'm going to enjoy it. Yeah, something, you know, get a massage. If it's raining outside, go running the rain. Don't worry about your weave, just go running it in the race. Okay. Yeah, now you're talking crazy. Now you're getting deep. If it's sunny, enjoy the sunshine, like, let the sunshine hit your face. Yes, no, but you're all right.
Speaker 1: I mean it's like, why you don't even know that you're going to be able to enjoy your retirement, your life and your retirement age. So yes, we have to do more to enjoy today. Yes, and I know you do a good job of doing that.
Speaker 2: I do. I kind of live my life. Yeah. Yeah, I'm going to keep doing that. Yes. Okay. So Robin, I want to get to know you better ooh ooh. And I know you want to get to know me better.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you know the peoples want to get yes to know us better?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Robin. So what makes you unique? What makes Robin different? I could tell you fifty I'm gonna answer this for you. Let's start with you wake up in the morning and drink some coffee and go to the bathroom. Okay, if you don't, you don't speak to people.
Speaker 1: I mean, gosh, we are all unique. Or what makes me unique? I mean, yeah, you tell me.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what makes Robin unique is you do have a personality that's very different because one, you're beautiful, and so you should be mean and nasty, but you're not. Yes, and so you're actually like a breath of fresh and you're always look at the positive of everything. That is a gift. Yes, not everybody can do that or care to do that.
Speaker 1: You are very patient, You deal with more than most. You keep a lote bottled up, but you know when you're when you're willing and you are ready, you will discuss.
Speaker 2: Don't mess with you in the meantime.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yes, and I think that that that is your gift.
Speaker 2: But you're also very creative. If Robin ever starts a sentence with you know, I've been thinking, it's like, oh shit, it's going to be something good. It's going to be something good. But you just never know what it is that you've been thinking, right, But yes, typically it is something good. So yeah, and you take your time with everything that you do. Yeah, that's I think that that makes sure you need I like that assessment.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I agree, and I don't take I think the other part I would add is like I'm very goofy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, of course, and I don't take myself seriously.
Speaker 1: No, you know, and you have a great sense of humor which goes a long way.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My father taught me that.
Speaker 1: He always, like when we were, you know, just young, he would just like crack jokes on us, like me and my brother, ye, just to instill that in us.
Speaker 2: Like to be able to laugh at yourself. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yes, I like you have to be able to laugh at yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, okay, I want to know who knows? I know we're gonna okay, fine, go I'm gonna tell what makes me unique? You want to tell or you want me to tell? Okay, fine, I'll see it. I'll see if you miss anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead, Okay, So, Gizelle, you know I'm gonna I'm scared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good, it's good. So Gizelle, you know.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course she's beautiful as well, and people would of course look at her and assume that, oh she's beautiful, she's mean whatever, she's stuck up, but she is far from it. She is one of the funniest people you will ever meet, the most quick witted person, and that I know. She is a very caring and sensitive friend.
Speaker 2: Yes, people don't know.
Speaker 1: Yes, her exterior is a little different, and I think because she is also able to be very straightforward and direct, that can be mis perceived. Yes, but it is coming from a place of friendship and concern and sensitivity. Of course, we know that she's a wonderful mother. But let's stick to the uniqueness parts. Yes, Oh, I mean she's very talented as well. I am, Yes, okay, I I think like.
Speaker 2: I don't know my talents are talents are not singing and dancing? No, but neither are mine. That's true, do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But your talent is you are entertaining people in some form of fashion.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know.
Speaker 1: And the confidences through the room, Oh yes, yes, okay, Robin knows me. And when Gazelle wants something done, it's you know, she is on it like glue, like very true, you know, and she will not let us that makes me unique or an asshole like which one is that?
Speaker 2: I think everything combined is what makes you unique.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, you know what I mean. Yeah, I take that, okay. And you like to be very active as well. I think sometimes it's like you know, like you you see a beautiful person and you just assume that they're just like, oh, I'm just being pampered or whatever.
Speaker 2: But you like to be outdoors and active? Yeah, I do. And I like movement, right, you know what I mean, Like I gotta be moving. Okay. Who knows best? Carter or Corey? Mmmm? Carter? Carter knows best. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then when you say, like when, like what does that really mean? Like they know they know better than to do certain things or you know what I'm saying, Like that's what that's what we're Who.
Speaker 2: Would give you? Okay, who would give you the better advice?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay Carter really yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, you know it's crazy like my kids are so similar but younger. Yeah, I mean both of my kids. Like it's so you know, some people have like a favorite kid. I don't have a favorite kid.
Speaker 2: Lies right now.
Speaker 1: I know Carter is just a little more like sensitive like Corey is my rough child. Carter's like he's definitely a more sensitive one, like where he knows, like you know, he'll just give you the random, I love you and stuff like that. And he's like a little more inquisitive. Oh my god, Carter knows things about like history and geography like even I don't know, it's just crazy. So he's a lot more inquisitive. And so he pays attention a lot more.
Speaker 2: I like that. Does he read a lot? Not really?
Speaker 1: No, I think his form of like educating is like YouTube, Like there's all types of videos, video and stuff on.
Speaker 2: The Byzantine Empire, whatever it might be. Like he's just like Carter. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Just the other day, we were watching the Knicks and the Miami Heat playoff game and they showed John Starks, who played for the Knicks like when I was in high school. Yeah I remember, And so Wan was like, Robin, who's that? And I was looking and I was like, I know the phase, who is that? And Carter said John Starks?
Speaker 2: How did he know exactly? How did he know? Did he?
Speaker 1: Did?
Speaker 2: You ask him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And he's just like I just know.
Speaker 1: Like Corey was like floored cause he like, wow, I'm impressed. Yes, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: I like that. And he's like the youngest child. I feel like young the youngest child is always observing. Yes, because I feel like a door would give me the best advice.
Speaker 1: Mmm.
Speaker 2: Because she's she's the youngest twin or the youngest child, and she's always just like observing.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, I think they observed. They like wait their turn, Yeah, you know what I mean, and then they kind of linger around.
Speaker 2: Right yeah yeah, So okay, all right, I like that. Okay, so I have one more. Wait a minute, because some of these I already know the answer to you. What is the go ahead? No, God, I have one for you. Okay. What is the most awkward situation you've ever found yourself in? Mmm? I have one. So I was at this I might have been seeing two guys at one time, and I might have gone to a party and they were both there, but I walked in with one. There's more to this story, but I can't give it because I'll be giving it the people away. So I walked in with one and in order for me, and I walked straight into the dude like holding hands with the one, and so I was like, oh, no, what do you do? So you know, I'm like a bad bitch. So I was like, I'll just introduce them, and I did, and the one that I wasn't holding hands with he He took it on the chin. He was like, okay, because he couldn't believe right I introduced them. She had the audacity and the nervell, the gumption.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I kind of regretted to this day, but because you like the other guy. I liked them both. And it was probably twenty five years ago. I still regret that, right, But he he was because he's never let me live it down. Okay, yeah, right, not that I still talk to him, but he was. He kind of like chuckled and laughed and he was like hey man, and like had nodded, like gave him my head nod. Yeah, and then I walked away. That was awkward. Oh my god, Yeah, that would be awkward.
Speaker 1: Yes, gosh, I can't really think anything off the top of my head. I'mna have to think on that a little bit. Okay, maybe circle back on another podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's your question? My question?
Speaker 1: Curly asked me this question at the airport, and I thought it was a good question.
Speaker 2: At the airport, when did we oh, and we're going to Atlanta? Yeah.
Speaker 1: She asked me if my name wasn't Robin or what would I want my name to be.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good thing. I always have a name that like I wish was my name.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I had an answer. Okay, so I have that question for you. So when I was little, I wanted my name to be Laura. Oh, which is beyond weird. Yes, okay.
Speaker 2: My dad informed me that he wanted to name me Sunshine. I think I told you all this at one point he wants to name me Sunshine. I don't know that you told me this. He wanted to name me Sunshine. And then he also wanted to name me Teluga, which is where he was. Of course, this is so so. My mom was born into labor. My dad was in Teluga, Mississippi. Oh my god. So he felt like that should be my name. My mother was like, can you imagine go to hell right, I'll be t yeah, I'll be Luka right Luki crazy? How crazy? So my mother was like absolutely, not absolutely, like she just totally ignored everything he said because he came with Sunshine and Teluga. Oh my gosh. So okay, okay, wait a minute. I feel like I would have loved for my name to have been Virginia and then you can call me Ginger. Oh Ginger. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you like that name Ginger. That's the name of that's that's your pseudo name. Yes, and that's the name of your book. Yes, a character in your book.
Speaker 2: Ye, that name. Yeah you look like a ginger. Yeah, yeah, I think so. And she's like a gazelle too. Okay.
Speaker 1: So my name that I always wish I was named was Paige. And that is because I used to watch Knats Landing and I loved the character that Nicolette Sheraton played and her name was Paige. Like, and I hate, like, I do not like.
Speaker 2: My name really?
Speaker 1: No, why is she so like blah Robin's I mean, okay, so there's a Robin like a bird, right, fun, there's Batman and Robin Yep, that's what I'm named after.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, and there's and Rob and it's just like, I look at the name Robin, it just seems like pretty really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like that name.
Speaker 1: Okay, so whatever, and I'm really Oh, let me tell you the reason, the real reason why I got married the first time.
Speaker 2: To change your name. I hated my last name Bragg. I could not wait. That's why you got married. That's why I got married.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, I mean, I'm just joking, however, but I could not wait to change my last name. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well my last name was Graves, which is also very strange. It's deep because it's like you think, like cemetery. So actually, you know, Jamal has asked once or twice, when are you gonna give me my name back? Yeah? Because never happening. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So let's see what sounds better. Jazelle Graves or Jessel Bryant. I mean, I think we're just so used to hearing Jasel Brian. I know that that sounds better. Robin Bragg or Robin Dixon. I like brag. I'm not mad at brag. I just gonna throw brag in the trash can. Yah. The kids will be like, oh you bragularn Oh, I didn't think about that.
Speaker 2: You're a bragger?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, okay, oh this is a good.
Speaker 2: This is good. So for the for my kids when they're seniors, they get their senior jersey, right.
Speaker 1: Oh I saw a picture, dad, see that on Grace's page. Probably so they get to college on it. Okay, No, that's a different thing.
Speaker 2: I'll talk about that later. But they they get to pick the name for the back of their jersey. The jersey says the year that they're going to graduate, So Grace's was twenty three. So they wear it every twenty third day of the school year and it has like their name their nickname on the back, so very cute. For instance, my kids were like, if I was still Justselle Graves, it'd be the last the thing on the back would be graveyard. I told Angel, and the door to switch, like Angel would have a door on her back and the door would have age. Uh huh, they told me. Now they didn't like that, okay, so then so then her Jamal said, Angel should have halo on her back. Q. Right, thank you. So you know where I'm coming with this. What would yours be? Robin?
Speaker 1: Oh, so you could be braggadocious, right, yeah, you go, or or conceited bragster, No, conceited, conceited, okay, brag conceded. No.
Speaker 2: Well, but but I wouldn't want to put my name in it, Like, yeah, it still need to be a nickname, okay, right, I know, Like and if it was Dixon, what would no, that's like, no, that doesn't work, So it have to be I don't know Robin, all right, So it could be something off of Robin So like this, there's a girl in their class and her last time is stone, So hers this colstone or like ice cream? Oh okay, yes, okay, yeah, well braggadocius. There we go. Okay, there we go.
Speaker 1: But then but I would like resent that because I don't brag a lot. You don't, but that's why you would put it on the back of your jersey. So Graces is ge Breezy?
Speaker 2: Okay? Oh that's cute, which I mean it's just stupid. Yeah. Like speaking of g Breezy, I mean Chrissy Breezy. Okay, yeah, can.
Speaker 1: We talk about him for a second before we get out of here. So him and I should get into a fell over the place. Yeah, on his birthday. On Chris's birthday at his birthday party, Usher planned okay, yeah, so Usher gave him.
Speaker 2: Through him the party. Oh my gosh, okay, okay. So yeah, I was confused by that story. You were, I wasn't. I was, I was. It was too much.
Speaker 1: The answer to this story is drugs, uh huh, I agree, and alcohol?
Speaker 2: I agree? Okay, I agree, good drugs, right and not bad drugs. Good drugs. So Tianna Taylor Tianna Tiana Taylor was at the party christ Chris got a beef with her. Okay, so she shouldn't be at the party. Why is she at the party?
Speaker 1: If it's because she was invited by Usher? But I think I don't know this for sure. Birthday party christ.
Speaker 2: Or maybe Usher didn't know they had a beef, but because they used to be cool, she knows that they have a beef.
Speaker 1: Maybe she didn't know it was Chris's birthday party. She might just thought it was a party. But she's at the party.
Speaker 2: Chris approaches her and probably like, girl, I don't want you at my party. Get out. This is what I'm thinking he's saying. She Usher steps in to be like, hey, man, don't talk to her like that. That's not cool. Chris gets mad. I'm not mad at the fact that he gets mad. It's his party, right right. So anyway, So Chris started to fight there, Okay. Then him and his boys leave, Usher comes after them to talk. Usher ends up with a bloody nose. Okay. So Chris said he did not start the second fight. Okay, he never mentioned the first fight because there was two fights. He didn't say he ain't start the first fight. He just said, I God damn it, I ain't start that second fight. So long story short, no more parties, right, everybody stay that at home? Because how Usher, do you have a bloody nose? How ludicrous is it? The headline?
Speaker 1: Just to hear Chris Brown and Usher were fighting like that is just like that was not something that you would ever think you would hear.
Speaker 2: No, Like, these two guys are fine and they love each other. They love each well. I mean, Usher has said a million times how much he loves Chris. Yeah, all that kind of stuff. And I don't even I don't think Chris hit Usher. I think it was his kid people and his people Usher was. The answer is drugs, Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Good drugs though ain't not wrong good drugs, y'all. Okay, I'm mad to tell you no, No, I think some drugs make people angry.
Speaker 2: Well it might be a combo, yeah, yeah, drugs and alcohol might make you angry, yes, yes, but if you were in a happy place, yes, you should just stay in your happy place. Or if you got pissed. I mean, I feel like if somebody's at my party that I don't want there, they gotta go. That might piss me off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that whole story is that part, that's the confusing part.
Speaker 2: If they're beefing, why she there? Why is she there?
Speaker 1: And then yeah, that might have because of drugs. That would have made him even more angry.
Speaker 2: Right, But what y'all gonna do is leave Chris Brown alone because he could dance okay, and he's I mean, you know, I feel like he gets a bad rap. And yeah, even Lisa Ray, did you hear what she said? No, what she said? We love a Lisa Ray. She said that Chris is gonna get blamed for any fight based off of his past, no matter what. And she has been the victim of that. Like people just somebody's getting cussed out, they just naturally assume it's Lisa because she's a good cusser. But but that you should have to be held to your past mistakes, right all for the rest of that's true. That's true. Yeah, but that's why you shouldn't make mistakes. Well, but we're gonna I'm joking joking, because we're all gonna make mistakes. Yes, we call human Yes, yeah, I know. And and actually mistakes are good because you learn from them exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that sucks.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure that's frustrating for Chris Brown to have to all concer be a reminder that. I think I heard him say something like it said, you know that happened when they were seventeen or something.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize they were that young. Who with him and Ris Brown?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like, you know, that's I'm like way past that, and for people to keep bringing that up like it's enough already. Yes, but but I feel like he's the what's the Beyonce line?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the best revenge is your paper. I think that should be Chris's motto because he hasn't skipped a beat, like all of his records go number one ish, and he's been on tour since he that, since that incident happened, he's been fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think that also shows that he's human. So it's like, you know, his money, he's not struggling financially, his music is still popping or whatever. He's still performing, but he still cares about you know what the public is saying. He still cares about that perception, right, you know.
Speaker 2: Right, And if he gets into a fight, it's not his fault, right, language rugs.
Speaker 1: It is right anyway. That is our episode. Guys, we love y'all so much.
Speaker 2: Don't ever forget to live your life either reasonable or shady or boy right. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite
Speaker 2: Shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady.