Speaker 1: Hey, this episode of the Therapy Gecko podcast is brought to you by the Therapy Gecko Merchandise store, where you can buy a T shirt my face on it at www Dot therapy gecko dot com. Once again, that's www Dot therapy gecko dot com. You can get a T shirt of me as a gecko and a gecko guy, and every time you do, I get a little bit of money. We got stickers and shirts and stuff. Once again, that's www Dot therapy gecko dot com. Okay, thank you. Let's get into the calls.
Speaker 2: Never goes on the line. Thank your phone calls every nine goes to teaching you cloud in the of your life.
Speaker 1: An expert. Hey, this is Lyle again. Just before we start, I want to say that normally in previous podcasts between callers, I have the little that little voice that goes call from then and then it's got a little beving sound. And sometimes you'll hear that on this podcast and sometimes you won't. And it'll probably be like that on podcasts moving forward until I figure out a different way to do transitions. But yeah, I just want to let you guys know that.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks, Hello, there we get go. Hey, how they're going, how are you, I'm great, thanks for taking my call anytime. So I'm calling because I got myself in a little bit of a predicament with a friend of mine and I wanted your advice as to how I should handle it. So if he's just moved to a new house. His house burned down last year in a fire, and they rebuilt a house, and so you know, it's obviously been a long time coming. So he wanted to have a big housewarming party.
Speaker 4: So he did.
Speaker 3: And it's this big, immaculate, too story house and it's got a big pool in the back, really decked out, so it's a fun party. I go and everyone's swimming and he's barbecuing and anyway, so long story shore, I have to go to the bathroom, so I go, I tell myself off, and I wait for the downstairs bathroom to be unoccupied. I wait and I wait, and someone's taken a long time. I have to go really bad, and it's not number one to be impolite about it. So I decide to take matters in my own hands, and I'm like, I got to find a bathroom. I go upstairs to the part of the house that no one's really supposed to go, but it's an emergency. So I run and find the bathroom and go, and then I go to flush, and I realized that this bathroom isn't even like hooked up plumbing wise, like the water isn't hooked up. There's a toilet there, there's a sink there, but nothing's running, and I can't flush, and it's something that you probably you know, would like to flush. And so I panic. I don't know what to do, and there's nothing I can do. So I just abandoned ship. I look both ways when I leave, and I no one saw me, and I run downstairs and I rejoined the party. Anyways, skip ahead. They figure out about it, and there they ask me like.
Speaker 4: Oh you hear about what happened?
Speaker 2: Was that you and I?
Speaker 3: I denied it, but turns out they caught me on the ring camera upstairs, where like they're like they have a baby, and they caught me on camera.
Speaker 4: So I'm a little hosed now.
Speaker 1: And let me ask you sort of important question. When first interrogated about whether or not it was you that left a turd in their bathroom, did you lie?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I ball face flied to him. And you already knew.
Speaker 1: And how did you feel once the evidence was presented?
Speaker 3: No, I ashamed? Ashamed? I mean I I turned red and he was very like, yeah, dude, And I could tell how disappointed he was that I didn't come clean. Uh really bummed, And uh I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't think that.
Speaker 3: You know, if that happened to me, I probably brushed it under the rug and like I wouldn't embarrass someone and like confront them, and I felt so I when confronted, I just panicked. I didn't I didn't expect it.
Speaker 1: And were they upset with you? How do you feel like they felt?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're pretty upset with me because apparently they had to like call a plumber and they thought I should have like, you know, offered to pay for it.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, No, I ultimately did. I and I worked over like it was like one hundred bucks or something.
Speaker 1: Really it's only one hundred bucks to unclog a toilet. That actually seems kind of high.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, like it wasn't necessarily clogged. It was it was that they had, you know, remove what was in there.
Speaker 6: And you know, if you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean, you're telling me there's a guy or a girl or a company that you can just pay one hundred dollars to.
Speaker 7: Do?
Speaker 1: You think if you do, you think the same the same company. Like, if you just took a ship in the middle of your floor, could you call them and for one hundred dollars they would they would just take it and clean it up? Well, do you think they would only do it it's.
Speaker 8: On a toilet?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Say what you want about capitalists, you know America or you know what Western nations, But you could pay someone a sum of money to do pretty much anything.
Speaker 1: Do you have any further plans on top of reimbursing them for the cleanup fees to make it up to them.
Speaker 3: I feel like I should just let the I should just like drift away, you know, like slowly stop seeing them as a friend, just like they I wasn't that close for them to begin with. And this seems like I gotta know how I can recover. You guys are paying for it, and you know, yeah, yeah, I I a couple of other friends, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So some of that bad you can afford to lose. A few friends.
Speaker 3: Can't cut the fat.
Speaker 1: Thank yous much for sharing.
Speaker 9: No Matt below.
Speaker 1: Geck Matt, it's you and me.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 1: Look, fuck, I know everyone's always like, oh, there's all these people. Look forget about the people watching, Matt. It's all about it's about nothing like you know, we got to embrace that, Matt Man.
Speaker 3: I'm alone in my dorm right now. It's just doing me. We're just talking, all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's all right? You're alone in your dorm. That's that's there's something there, there's something there. Why you know, tell me.
Speaker 4: I found you.
Speaker 3: I was at the gym at my school and I get recommended your podcast. I'm just in love with what you're doing, and I was wondering if you had any question for me.
Speaker 1: You have a lot of questions for you. Are you alone in your dorm room? How does that make you feel? Do you wish you were somewhere else? Or do you enjoy where you are right now?
Speaker 3: Well, well, I'm definitely introverted, so I like to have my alone time. Yeah, you know so, Yeah, I'm not too upset at the moment, just relaxing.
Speaker 1: Okay, what what do you study in school?
Speaker 3: Engineering?
Speaker 1: Engineering? Everyone studies engineering these days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's uh, industrial engineering, so not as much involved with the physics and all that more about math and statistics and optimizing thinks sounds well, philosophy comedy podcast is just what I needed to, you know, balance out everything?
Speaker 1: Cool? Cool? Have you or have you been doing too many even crunching too many numbers? Is it getting to you?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 3: But you know it's only the third week of the semester.
Speaker 1: So so so bittering? Is it's gonna get worse?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You know, I'm getting into my uh, into my routine.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Okay you freshman, No, I'm a junior. Okay, okay, so you so you've already you're you're getting into your team, but you already sort of have had a routine for at least a few years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's it's in person, you know. So I can't like, you know, I have to not wear underwear to class only you know, or I have to care about how I present myself because I'm not just on a zoom call with no camera.
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 1: Do you dress? Do you dress nice?
Speaker 3: I just dressed to be confident in myself. I don't, I don't know, I don't. I'm not buying it crazy clothes or anything.
Speaker 1: What are you? What are you wearing?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Now I'm wearing basketball shorts and a T shirt. That's what I've been.
Speaker 4: Wearing for two years.
Speaker 3: That's a quarantine outfit.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you how long? What's the longest you've you've worn an article of clothing consecutively without washing it?
Speaker 3: God damn, Probably be honest with me, Okay, are you an article of clothing? Because you can get like three or four.
Speaker 9: Wears out of a pair of jeans, three or four, I mean, yeah, I am Oh, no, okay, probably I woar a shirt for four days straight.
Speaker 3: That's probably it.
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 3: Nice, But I felt like a.
Speaker 4: Piece of shit.
Speaker 3: So I haven't done that again.
Speaker 1: No, Well, look, I mean, if it makes you feel any better, I've gone through like I've. I mean I've I'm not just saying this as a joke. I've worn the same shirt and pant combination for like weeks. Possibly there have been times in my life in which I've just woke up and put the same pair of the same shirt and the same path. It's sometimes the same underwear too. I wasn't gonna make.
Speaker 3: You're showering, but you clean yourself, but you decide, you know, I want to put on this stuff that reminds me of when I wasn't clean.
Speaker 1: It's more just like, you know, I think what it is for me at least, is that there's so many things and you know, I'm gonna get people, you know, I get I get hate on this all the time, but it's I think it's just how I feel. There's so many things in life that demand of you and I can't be bothered to do them. They you know, like eating food, brushing your teeth twice a day.
Speaker 11: I do it.
Speaker 1: I brush my teeth twice a day. Sometimes I don't do it at night, but I do it at least every morning.
Speaker 3: I think the entire population can relate to that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, taking showers, you have to make your bed, you gotta do the just it's just too demand. It's too demanding to like there's like there's like this standard of a correct way to exist, and it's it's just too much effort to meet the standard, so I just break so instead it's a life hack. You just bring your standard of living way down.
Speaker 3: And No, to be honest, I think I'm a I'm a slave to that mindset, Like I'm always thinking like, oh, what are people gonna think? Like, you know, I've yet to just you know, let it go and just wear that shirt again.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: Interesting you say you're a slaved in that mindset, because you know, it's a it's a powerful mindset. I had this moment when I went off to college. You know, when I was in high school, my mom, you know, had done my laundry and she had always like I had like a black sox and white sox, and you know, my mom would like take the socks and like, you know, pair the white sox with the black sox. And I was in you know, my dorm, and I was doing my laundry and I was putting away my socks, and I was and I just started mixing the white sox and the black socks, and I felt like, I don't know, I felt like I was doing something wrong. But then I kind of realized, like, wait a minute, the idea that I have to pair the black socks with the white sox is illusion. I get to decide what matters to me in this life, and this is not something that does.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. That's that's you know, I'm waiting to have that breakthrough. I have not had that yet.
Speaker 1: It'll happen for you it'll happen for you. I believe in you.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks for talking, Grek, always question.
Speaker 1: It's a pleasure, of course, pleasure talking to you too.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: You have a good rest of the night and you're dark.
Speaker 12: You can.
Speaker 3: All from Emily.
Speaker 1: Emily.
Speaker 7: Hello, what's up?
Speaker 1: Emily?
Speaker 13: Oh my god?
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 14: Grek?
Speaker 1: You know I'm chilling in this outer space? How are you?
Speaker 7: I'm doing good.
Speaker 13: I'm doing good. I cannot complain. I do not think this would happen. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: We spoke already, din Away, Emily, No, we did not.
Speaker 13: I trying in Wednesday and I cannot get through a dude.
Speaker 1: Like at all. This is the first time we're talking.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's someone I'll be honest with you. Somebody called in it's like a week ago. Who has your exact same accent, and I thought.
Speaker 7: That was you.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 13: I mean I'm from the South, so I mean it's kind of country, but it's not okay.
Speaker 1: Would you would you consider yourself a country person?
Speaker 15: Absolutely not.
Speaker 7: I hate I hate it.
Speaker 1: You hate the South.
Speaker 13: I don't hate the South.
Speaker 7: I just.
Speaker 13: I don't like the mindset that a lot of people have down here.
Speaker 1: Sure. Yeah, well I would describe that mindset.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 13: So I live in a smaller town, and the small town mentality is really bad here, Like even with COVID. A lot of people think it's a hope, and I think it's a joke or you know. And I work in a doctor's office, so I see it all the time and I tell people, I'm like, listen, it's not a joke. It's not a joke at all, and they just they just think it's Oh, I don't have to wear a mask. I'm fine, And I hate it.
Speaker 12: I hate it so much.
Speaker 1: Have you ever thought about leaving the South and going to a new place?
Speaker 13: Well, I mean.
Speaker 7: I have, but.
Speaker 13: I have, like all my family is here, sure, and they live about like an hour away from me. So it's kind of it's more of I'm here because I have family, and I'm very close to my family.
Speaker 1: That's good. Who I mean, who in your family do you like?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 13: I like my mom, cool, I did like my dad, but he passed away last month, so that's kind of that thugs, but I was close to him. Yeah, he passed from COVID. But like that's another thing that I get, like really round up about it.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, I like my.
Speaker 13: Parents, I like my siblings.
Speaker 5: Close.
Speaker 13: It's just we just have that family dynamic where who are just close. I'm not really close to any of my other family, but more of the intimate, intimate family is I hold it close.
Speaker 8: To my heart.
Speaker 1: I personally, I've always felt as though the extended family is overrated.
Speaker 12: You know, it is it is.
Speaker 13: I'm not gonna lie. I I agree with you, Greg.
Speaker 1: You got your mom, you got your you got your parents, you got your siblings. You know, keep keep keep the circle tight exactly.
Speaker 13: Because at the end of the day, I have a lot more friends doct to their family than my actual family. So it's you learn. The older you get, the more I realize that family sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah I used to. I've never liked I never liked the convention that like you have to you have to Why do I either, you like, have to love your extended family? Yeah, you know, I mean it's kind of weird, right, Like you know, like I like, for example, you know, I see my grandma maybe once a year, you know, on the holidays. I'm supposed to love her. I don't have that. Yeah, yeah, well I don't even I don't I barely know the woman, you know exactly.
Speaker 10: I have like.
Speaker 13: Cousins and aunts and uncles that I see maybe once every couple of years, and I'm.
Speaker 7: Like, oh, then I love you, and I'm like, it's cool.
Speaker 13: I don't really love you. I don't have a relationship, you know. But I think from being from the South, it's a mindset where everybody is family.
Speaker 1: And they're just like, no, it's not Yeah, dude, I love that keeper. Yeah dude, you don't. You don't have I don't like these these mindsets. This goes back with the socks thing. You know, these ideas of societal norms. You know, you have to love your grandparents, you have to match your socks. You don't have to do anything.
Speaker 13: That's not thing I get made fun of because I wear Mitch Max Stalk every day. I don't care, Like, what's the point. Nobody's want to see my socks and my shoes. I'm not taking my shoes off. And she's like, hey, look, I'm wearing matching socks. I don't careful wearing a Christmas sock and and a Haioween socks. What does it sucking matter?
Speaker 16: It doesn't.
Speaker 1: You're living your life the right way, Emily.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 13: I just go through life like it is what it is, dude.
Speaker 5: I'm just living well.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for calling.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 7: You're welcome, gig.
Speaker 13: You have a great evening, Dude.
Speaker 1: I'll fucking try. Thank you, Emily.
Speaker 5: All right, by dude, Emily, Hello.
Speaker 1: How many people are you with?
Speaker 5: Four people?
Speaker 1: What's your relationship to them?
Speaker 5: My wife is here, my best friend that I've known for fifteen years, easily, and his wife's here. I was just curious should we have an orgy?
Speaker 1: Should you have an orgy? Repeat? The people that are here again?
Speaker 5: My wife that I've known for fifteen years, my best friend that I've known for fifteen years, yeah, like quick, eighteen years, yourself and his wife that he's been with for six years, six years? Okay? You we are drinking heavily, okay? And should we have an orgy?
Speaker 1: So it's you, your wife, your friend, your best friend, and your best friend's wife. Who's who's the fourth person? Or is it four people total? Including you?
Speaker 5: It's four people including me.
Speaker 1: Have you guys ever had an orgy before?
Speaker 12: We have?
Speaker 1: Not? Let me talk to your wife? Oh hi, hi, what do you think about what?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 1: Your your husband wants to have an orgy?
Speaker 16: What do you?
Speaker 12: What do you?
Speaker 1: What is your opinion on this?
Speaker 14: I mean I think I was the instigator, You were the interest to.
Speaker 1: Get Okay, so it was your idea? Yeah, okay, Now what is it about having an orgy that is appealing to you right now?
Speaker 17: I don't know. He's the only guy I haven't remem.
Speaker 1: So your husband is the only guy you've ever been with?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you interested in being with with both? How close are you with with your husband's friend and his wife? Yeah?
Speaker 5: How close are you? How are you now? How good and how close are you with?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 7: We're we're really close. We just never see each other.
Speaker 5: M hmm.
Speaker 1: Okay, So so this this is sort of a fleeting opportunity because of how rare it is that you've see Yeah, okay, let me talk to your husband's friend.
Speaker 5: How much.
Speaker 7: You're on?
Speaker 5: Hello, I'm the friend.
Speaker 1: How are you? What were you feeling about the sort of gauging the temperature of the room here before I I sort of give you know my thoughts?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: How are you? How are you? How are you feeling about the the prospect of have sex with not only your wife but your friend's wife, and and also your your friend, uh.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Okay, obviously encounter here.
Speaker 1: Listen, talk what's what's your name? What's your name?
Speaker 8: Elliott?
Speaker 1: Elliott? Talk me through your thought process of the pros and the cons and and you know, I can tell that, you know, I can tell that.
Speaker 5: I seem no pros or cons I see, I say, see pros a okay, my benefit.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, you only se pros of your benefit. But but yet you you remain unsure or is that not the case?
Speaker 5: His wife had made me unsure about this?
Speaker 1: Okay? Why why is his wife making you unsure?
Speaker 5: Because he thinks it's going to destroy me and his friendship. And I already told her, which we're not bros. But I did say it broke before host, okay. And he's the one that's really excited on there.
Speaker 1: So I'm I'm surely curious if your what's your friend's name?
Speaker 5: David?
Speaker 1: So if David is, and David, by the way, seems I know that it wasn't even his idea, but he seems easily the most excited about this. If he believes if he's so excited about it, what then what what makes you believe that it will ruin your friendship.
Speaker 6: It's not.
Speaker 5: It's not that it's his wife thinks it's going to ruin me and his friendship.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so his wife thinks it's good. But it was her idea.
Speaker 5: No, it wasn't her idea, but she was down when he mentioned it.
Speaker 1: She told me that it was her idea and that she is that he joked.
Speaker 5: Someone.
Speaker 1: Let me tie, Let me talk to your wife. Your wife name, her name is Ella, bud Ella. You hear me, yeah, I can hear you. What's your name?
Speaker 5: Tabby, Gabby, Tabitha.
Speaker 1: I thought your name was Ella, and it was like Elliot and Ella, and I was going to say that that's a weird Elliot.
Speaker 7: That'd be weird if I if I, if I got with a guy whose name was like mine, that would.
Speaker 12: Just cause more problems and solutions.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Okay, So Gabby, you said your.
Speaker 4: Name was.
Speaker 7: No, not Gabby, Tabby like a cat tea isn't tom Abby.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm gonna present sort of all the information that I've sort of gathered and see what your what your thoughts on. Apparently the situation is that and this is just for what I've been telling I'm hearing conflict stories. Now, Apparently David's wife instigated the idea of an orgy, and this excited David, and Elliott's is also interested in the idea, but is possibly slightly worried that it will have some sort of effect on his and David's friendship. And I'm sort of curious what your thoughts.
Speaker 5: Are on that.
Speaker 7: All right, So let me give you a little bit of background here, Bud.
Speaker 1: Sure, So.
Speaker 7: These three all know each other, they all grew up together.
Speaker 14: I did not grow up with these people.
Speaker 7: This is my first time meeting David and his wife. We came out for vacations. I've never met these people. Wonderful people, glorious people. I consider them family by now, how.
Speaker 1: I've never met any of these people before.
Speaker 7: First, I'm nope, nope, just Elliott.
Speaker 1: Continue.
Speaker 7: So I've never met a never met and I've talked to them on the phone, but I've never met them in person. We lived very far away from each other, and we took vacation to come out and see them.
Speaker 5: Got it.
Speaker 7: But uh, this is the first time hearing about this orgy idea. I didn't realize that this was an option. I didn't realize that this was something to be brought up. So I'm blindsided just as much as you are.
Speaker 12: Friends.
Speaker 1: So and so you're just hearing it out from me.
Speaker 7: Well I'm hearing it from the room.
Speaker 1: From the room, okay. And and you know, I know that you're blind sided, possibly experiencing some maybe level of of shock, not knowing that this this this was an option. And I don't know if you've had the time to to think about it more in depth, but yeah, to process and and and if you have, I don't know if you have, because because because it is still a fresh idea. What what what are your thoughts and feelings?
Speaker 7: I mean, well, obviously also I worry about the impact that's going to have on our friendships. However, that being said, we don't this is the first time I'm meeting them. We might not see them for another year, so like, what's the worst that can happen? Also, though we have never dabbled in this territory, my husband and I, so I don't even know how to go about this. So maybe if you have some insight on how you instigate an orgy, like things you can say, candles to light, maybe certain music that set the mood to put people's minds at ease.
Speaker 1: Well, of course, Look, I mean, here's the thing, here's here's here's my here's my genuine thoughts. Is all all four of you, all four alcohol from all four of you. From what I've gathered over the course of my conversation with all of you, seem like very open minded people, very open people. This this conversation is happening, you know, in plain view, it's happening very openly, and everyone seems to be on board. And I think, look, that's the most important thing is that everyone's on board. Everyone's committed to the idea obvious. And once, once, once that's established, once any sort of possible issues are brought to the table and resolved, I mean, you guys can just sort of go wild and start fucking and sucking each other.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 7: Let me ask you, though, in your personal life, have you ever had a multiple partner experience? I can ask him questions. I'm asking him for his advice. I want to know if he has any background on.
Speaker 5: The advice he's giving.
Speaker 8: I'm not being agreed.
Speaker 1: Well, how do you how do you feel right now? What is the room?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 5: Actually back to date, Fine, yo.
Speaker 1: All right, So, David, after having discussed it with with every party involved, I mean everyone, everyone seems on board. I think you're definitely on board. Your wife instigated the idea, so I assume she's on board. Elliott seems on board. Cabby was it Tabby or Cabby?
Speaker 5: Cabby with a T.
Speaker 1: Cabby seems kind of down. I mean, I would confirm it with everyone first, but I mean, look, here's the here's the truth of the matter. I'm not involved.
Speaker 5: Have you ever done it? I know you're not involved, but have you ever done something like this?
Speaker 6: What did you say?
Speaker 10: Name was again, David, listen, call back next week and let me know how it was all from Sydney, Sydney.
Speaker 1: Hi, how the hell are you doing, Sydney?
Speaker 13: What's up?
Speaker 18: I'm doing good. How the hell are you?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: I'm a gecko. I'm floating around in the sky. I'm on the internet talking to strangers on the phone. Sydney. It's everything, it's nothing. We're together in this moment digitally on the internet. You know, there's no expectations. I don't know what you know, Sydney. It's so crazy. After all these words that we've all said, not just me, not just you, but they're out all of human history. I mean, Sidney, is there anything even left to say of all the after all these years and all these words that are said and done.
Speaker 18: Absolutely not. I'm less, completely speechless. There are no words left to be said at all.
Speaker 1: I was about to say that that's a problem, but maybe it's not. Maybe we maybe maybe we should just start to accept certain things that we that we ultimately know to be true, like the fact that there are no words. There are no more words to be said, but we can repeat some of the words that have already been said, just for fun, for a nostalgia's sense.
Speaker 18: What do you think, I concur I agree.
Speaker 1: What's your talent?
Speaker 18: I am a painter. I love to paint. I like to think you're pretty good at it. Yeah, that's my talent.
Speaker 1: What do you paint.
Speaker 12: Portraits?
Speaker 18: I love painting people faces things. I'm really bad at finishing. Like I feel like I'm one of those people that like get halfway through their painting, but like it's kind of my thing. Like if I look at my wall right now, I have like at least three paintings that are like unfinished, but just enough that like it's cool that they're unfinished.
Speaker 1: I was about to say, you know what. By the way, you are a perfect example of one of my favorite concepts, which is turning weaknesses into strengths, which is good to do in arts because it's so subjective. You're taking the fact that you don't know how to finish or that you rarely are able to finish your paint things, and turning it into a intentional artistic decision. Thank you, And you're presenting it as an intentional artistic decision.
Speaker 18: Yes, exactly, You're so smart.
Speaker 1: That's smart. That's smart you.
Speaker 18: But yeah, I think painting is kind of underrated. I feel like it was kind of on and pop in and like the Renaissance, but like I feel like nowadays a lot of people are scared to become artists.
Speaker 1: Really are you?
Speaker 18: Why do you think they're scared, because I'm also scared to become an artist.
Speaker 1: You are an artist?
Speaker 13: Well, I mean yeah, But like.
Speaker 18: I want to go, Like I'm kind of torn between. So I'm in the process of like applying to college and like a lot of times I'm like, damn, like what do I want to do?
Speaker 7: Like do I want to go to art school?
Speaker 13: Do I not?
Speaker 18: And like a lot of people would try to talk to me out of like art school because it's kind of like a waste of money in a lot of people's eyes, so it's really discouraging.
Speaker 1: See, Okay, here's my opinion, and if you want it, pursuing pursuing a career in the arts is not even kind of a waste of time, you know. And there and and also by the way, financially invest by the way, financially investing in a career in the arts is not a waste of money. But there, keep in mind there are many different ways to financially invest in a career in the arts than just going to arts school. Does that make sense?
Speaker 18: Yes, Because like again I was like, why would I waste so much money? Not waste money, but spend money and be taught and criticize stuff that I already.
Speaker 7: Know how to do.
Speaker 18: You know, Like that's also an argument that I have about myself, because like I could just like free lance or like sell art whenever, why do I need to go to school to do it? Because then I thought like maybe getting like some sort of education like certification would be good, because education is like that's never gonna die. Everybody always wants to learn, so it's like I'll always have a backup if I don't make it. Like selling art privately, I could be like an art teacher.
Speaker 1: Do you how do you sell art now? Do you use the TikTok and the.
Speaker 18: Inst I'm trying to get into it. I have like Instagram for my paintings, but it's it's mainly local stuff. Like my mom is like one of my biggest fans, always like tells everybody my daughter. She's an artist, she paints, she does this, and she's like my like Mamager. I love her very much. Shout out to my mom.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, you know, I I I as a fan as as just because you're such a case study of turning the weakness into the strength via your signature unfinished paintings. I hope that you succeed because that will inspire me in my own, you know, in presenting my you know, laziness as as an intentional decision in the things that I do as well.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 18: I appreciate that there's no crime in being easy at all. I feel like if I feel like, if you feel like being lazy is what's best for you in the moment, then you.
Speaker 12: Do what's best for you.
Speaker 1: Gak what did you say? Her name was Sydney, Sydney. Good luck to you.
Speaker 18: Thank you so much, Jack, I love you.
Speaker 1: How are you.
Speaker 6: Not doing too bad about yourself?
Speaker 1: I'm chilling. I'm doing all right, you know. I it's been some good calls today, you know, trying to stay in the groove. Yeah, I agree, it's chilling. I'm just a hanging. I'm just chilling, man. Honestly, I'm just having a good time.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: So life's alid doubts, just fucking you.
Speaker 6: I couldn't agree, And yeah, no I do. I totally agree. I guess I should ask do you prefer going by Lyle or I'd rather I'd rather address you man.
Speaker 1: Look, you can call me whatever you want. Man, These just labels. Man, I'm I'm just a guy. It's a Gecko guy, you know. Come on, man, it's all good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, you know you're not wrong.
Speaker 7: On no.
Speaker 6: So I guess I appreciate you taking the call first and foremost. And I guess i'll just lay it out for you. Two. Uh, single father And that was in a five year relationship with somebody whom I lived with. And I'm just getting real bad mixed signals. I guess where she tells me one thing, but her actions speak another. And this has been going on for probably a year and a half now, and I just need to know from a neutral standpoint. You know, if you have any personal experiences with then a get go relationships. You know what I should do for myself or what I should try to do for myself.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you are telling me that you are in a you are currently in a relationship with this person. You were in a relationship with this person. You said you have You said you're twenty two and you have a kid. How old is the kid.
Speaker 6: I had when I was sixteen? Believe it or not, he is six Okay, I'll be turning twenty three next week if that matters.
Speaker 1: Happy fucking birthday, dude, I appreciate it. And uh, and so what's the deal with with with this woman? She's your chai? Are you with her? Is she your child's.
Speaker 5: No, this is mother.
Speaker 6: So after a child was born, No, not my child's mother, but my child does see her as a mother, if that makes sense. I was with her for five years. And because the relationship with my child's mother ended quickly after he was born, I did everything I could to make it work, but it didn't. It is what it is. And yeah, no, we actually have a I would say a good relationship now and everybody liked each other. Yeah no, I actually fought in court and thankfully I had a good support system where you know, I was able to fund uh court fees through high school and I fought for a good two and a half three years for joint legal physical custody.
Speaker 1: M okay.
Speaker 6: And the only reason I guess I point that fact out is because I guess by now X she was with me throughout that time and helped support me, because you know, that's quite a difficult thing to do, especially as you know, a teenager.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, So so oh, okay, so you have sort of split custody with the kids, with the kid with uh uh with the kid's mother who you have a good relationship with. And then, okay, tell me about this person that you say you have a toxic relationship with.
Speaker 6: Well, I think she's a great person. She challenges me, like mentally, like when we have conversations and I think, you know, we don't flash so to say, but you know, we see each other's point of view, and I don't want to say it's so much toxic, but I guess, well, no, I guess it is toxic if you really think about it. But it hasn't always been. We lived together up until COVID hit. I was a I worked in a hospital. I won't specify really what I did, but I worked at clinical position in a hospital that was there when COVID all first started. And unfortunately for myself my family, at the time, I was helping take care of my grandmother who had cancer. So I decided to leave my position at the hospital so I could do that more effectively. So then I was out of a job, and then she in turn lost her job, and we had lost our house after that and had to move back in with my parents.
Speaker 1: So why is this, why is this a toxic relationship?
Speaker 6: For right now, it's been about a over a year and she gives me verbal communication that she doesn't want anything, but then she still comes over. She will spend the night and we'll you know, do our college homework together. We'll get dinner, we'll see movies. She still is around my kid occasionally, and it's it's to like doing everything that you would do in a relationship without actually being in a relationship.
Speaker 1: You're saying this as if she's like doing these things against your will.
Speaker 6: No, No, she's not. I don't take it that way. That's not what I mean by that. I mean I enjoy it, like I enjoy her genuinely as a person, right, Okay, like I think in general? Yeah, no, nothing nothing, you know?
Speaker 1: And then what that is your what is? What is your issue?
Speaker 12: What is?
Speaker 1: Why? Why do you claim that she's being toxic?
Speaker 6: Because she'll tell me, like I said, she'll tell me one thing, like I'm trying to think of the good examples, will tell me, you know, she doesn't want a relationship right now, and I try to respect that, and I try to respect that boundary. But you know, we'll go home. They'll have to will be like over dinner, right because she asked to go to dinner, or I had asked to go to dinner. Because you know, I'm guilty of that too. I'm not gonna lie. I'm trying to lay all the shape.
Speaker 1: So all right, So here's here's what I'm hearing is that this girl has told you a bunch of times that she doesn't want a relationship, but you guys are still doing relationship things, and that's bothering you because she's being unclear, and don't put don't put up with that. I I people have called in about that. I hate that stuff. Don't put up with that, you know, like it's not good for anybody, you know, Just don't don't don't don't put up with that. Like if you're gonna if you look, if you guys are gonna hang out and be friends, like hang out and be friends, you know, if you guys are gonna be in a relationship, be in a relationship, don't do this thing that's gonna just fuck with both of you where you're like on the fence about things. And I get that it's complicated, you know, but just like what do you what are you living in limbo for?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 1: I mean also if she doesn't want if she's telling you that she doesn't want a relationship, and you say that you want to respect that, then like, look, you know, if she says like, hey, do you want to like hang out and sleep when she next time she's like, hey, can I come over and sleep with you in your bed? Be like, hey, you know, I I love you, I really do. But if we're not going to be in a relationship. You know, I can't do relationship be kind of things with you like that, you know, you got I think you gotta be firm about that, you know, or else.
Speaker 4: You know, I gotcha.
Speaker 6: Yeah no, And I think I struggle with that, and I acknowledge it.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's hard because what you're really what what you're really sort of being tasked with here is like being honest about how you feel, you know, and straight out and being honest about how you feel is really hard, understandably so, but it's it's.
Speaker 6: A child in the equation is just a lot harder because you know, like I said before, my my kid sees her as like a mother, and it just complicates things so much more. And like I've been trying to do better as a father, you know, between work and my college studies. You know, I'm trying to do my best there and put him first, you know, because as you do with a child, And like part of me in the back of my head just kind of chirps at me because he's always asking about her, Like even now, like he you know, we his mother, and I got him like a cell phone. He's like he talks to her on the phone.
Speaker 1: He talks to her on the fext her. Yeah, how old to see You said he was five.
Speaker 6: He's six, he'll be turning seven. We got him just like a cell phone, like an old cell phone, just.
Speaker 1: An old cell phone. I couldn't even use an old cell phone, you mean want like the fucking flip phone where every like word that you no, no, it fucking.
Speaker 6: It's it's to be. But it's an old iPhone, to be clear. He uses the He can text small words like high by stuff, but he mostly uses like the voice chat, I guess, and we specifically got it for him so he can communicate with his mother and myself when he's not in our homes or with you know, with the other families. And that's you know, we monitor the contacts and stuff, you know all that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm kind of curious.
Speaker 6: I don't want to rip that away.
Speaker 1: You don't want to rip away the relationship that your son has with uh this this this woman.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I don't think that's healthy.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, I mean look, here's here's the here's the thing. Okay, So when you say you don't think it's healthy, like you don't think it's healthy for him to like develop this relationship with this person and then for you to rip it away. Because here's the thing. If he's developing this relationship with this part on the on a foundation of this is like a motherish figure because this woman is romantically involved with my dad and that's like the foundation of that relationship that I mean, that is a lie unless a few guys actually are together. So even if like you might think that by taking that away you're doing him a disservice, it's possible that you would be doing him a disservice by letting him to continue sort of thinking about the relationship in those terms, if that's not the truth. And another thing is like if this, if this lady is gonna, you know, commit to like being a part of your life and a part of your son's life, like I think, and I don't, I don't know, Like I'm not telling you, you know, I would never. I don't even like giving advice to people, even though I fucking have this stupid advice show. But like, if if it's in important for you to have this, for this woman to have a relationship with your son, like like you know, she's got to kind of kind of commit to it, you know, That's what I think, at.
Speaker 6: Least you know, Yeah, then I guess you know, I guess the only thing the matter is time at this point, and only time will tell them because we can't tell what the future is. At least that's the way I see it. But you know, at least in the moment, right it's it difficult to know which way you know what passed the take with with because I mean, I don't know the right w orown decision no matter.
Speaker 1: Here's from what you've told me, and correct me if I'm wrong. It sounds like hanging out with this woman while not knowing what your relationship with her is is bothering you?
Speaker 5: Is true?
Speaker 6: Summed up? Yes, I think that's a great assssment that.
Speaker 1: Okay, if that's if that's bothering you, I think you should tell her. I don't know if you've told her already. If that's bothering you, then you should communicate that to her. Have you guys had a conversation about that? Like, have you talked to her and been like, we've had you know, what were you gonna say?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, no, I won't say.
Speaker 6: We had plenty of conversations and most of the time, whenever something gets brought up, it's more so I don't want to talk about this anymore and I have too much on my plate already, or you know, it gets cut off rather abruptly, and I guess she had told me, you know, five minutes in person is okay, but you know, I can't really do anything.
Speaker 1: More than that, Like, yeah, what do you mean by five minutes in person is okay? What does that mean?
Speaker 6: Well, the last conversation we had, I was just talking to her over the phone and it got brought up. We talked about stuff about twenty minutes, and at the end of the conversation she was quite upset and she had said, listen, you know, talking about this stuff with you for five minutes, you know, face to face is one thing, but I can't talk about it, you know, for X you know, twenty thirty minutes. It's just too much. So it almost it feels like he's trying to avoid it.
Speaker 1: If this, if this is bothering you, like I think you need to talk about it. That's that's that's sort of what I'll leave you with, even if it's hard. You know, I don't have is typically the one you have to have, which is annoying. I don't like that either. Did I try to have I run away from that ship in my own life, I try to have those all the time.
Speaker 6: But yeah, just try to.
Speaker 1: Keep some open communication going, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I try that, And obviously.
Speaker 1: Good luck in the future. It seems like you're doing the best you can for your son. It seems like you actually care. If I were sixteen and I had a kid, I would I don't even know what I would do. So you know, you're handling your your your You're you're fucking handling it as well as you can, so you know, take solace in that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, I appreciate that, and I just would like to stay for the record, I'm not trying to bad mouth her, right, I'm not trying to put her you know here.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think anyone thinks you're doing that.
Speaker 6: And I still respect this woman and I still hold her at a very high standard, and I don't want anybody else to think that badly of her for what she you know, because at the end of the day, you know, we're all people, and we make our own decisions, and you know it's all of our lives.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, man, Thank you very much for calling, and good luck to you.
Speaker 6: Well, I do appreciate it. You take care and have a wonderful night, and good luck to everybody else going through anything out there.
Speaker 1: Thank you man, You take care. Hey, folks, it's Lyle here with an extremely brief message, just letting you know that if you are interested in supporting the stream and making it easier for me to do more therapy gecko stuff in the future, you can head on over to Patreon dot com slash lyle forever and for only five dollars you can make it a heck of a lot easier for me to put this whole shebang together. That is Patreon dot com slash Lyle forever. You also get access to exclusive streams, exclusive gak content. You also get access to the exclusive gek Legends discord Patreon dot com slash lyle forever. All right, back to the calls.
Speaker 5: Hello, how are you? I'm good to carry you.
Speaker 8: I'm a gecko er facts.
Speaker 12: And you're on the internet.
Speaker 4: No person?
Speaker 1: Do you like being a person?
Speaker 3: Oh it's okay.
Speaker 12: I think at times I'd rather.
Speaker 4: Be a gecko.
Speaker 1: Why you don't know what it's like to be a get go.
Speaker 12: You know what you're You're absolutely right, You're one hundred percent right. But you know, I was, you know, I was calling because I was having a bad day. Somebody broke into my truck stole some stuff, and then, you know, in the back of my head, I was thinking, if you know, somebody stole from get what could they steal?
Speaker 1: What did they steal from you?
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 12: Well, that would being too specific. Some some pew pew stuff, a firearm that I had in the vehicle, and some other little things that had in there.
Speaker 1: They stole a gun from your car?
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: Do they steal drugs from your car?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 12: No, Well, I know the gun makes it look like I'm, you know, some sort of criminal, but in reality, you know, I live in Texas. I'm always at farms and ranches, so I usually have a gun on me because, you know, we have a lot of wild animals that are keen on attacking humans down here.
Speaker 1: Have you by wild animal? I'm sorry, have you ever been attacked by wild animal?
Speaker 4: I have.
Speaker 12: Actually, we go hog hunting. You know, they're an evasive species down here. There's way too many of them, and they're not very nice, you know, and I've been you know, you get too close to them and they're mean. They they'll charge you, and then you kind of just got to do this thing where you run and shoot behind you and just hope that they don't catch up to you. It's it's not the safest.
Speaker 1: Thing, which I don't understand. H you're but so if you're going hog hunting, why are how are you then running? Oh you're how are you?
Speaker 12: Like?
Speaker 1: You're running away? Shouldn't they be running away from you if you're hunting them?
Speaker 12: You would think so, But in this instance, they are the alpha creature. You know, they they're very tasty, but you know you do have to walk around and kind of look for them, and you know, you would think that they would run away, and some do, but some are just just not very nice, and then they run after you and the hunter becomes the hunted.
Speaker 1: I feel like the alpha creature is the one with the gun.
Speaker 12: You would think so, but but you know, pig like.
Speaker 1: A bigger gun.
Speaker 8: You know, you make a good.
Speaker 12: Point there and and I could see you, I can see where you're coming from. But at the same time, it's kind of you know, you kind of just have to be there. They're they're they're big, they're mean. There's instances where you can shoot them and they don't care and they just keep running after you. They're they're they're mean and they're tough. But I do see where you're coming from.
Speaker 1: How big is the biggest pig that you've been attached? Who would win in a fight between one of these pigs and a bear?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 12: I think the bear one hundred percent. You know, the thing with the bear is that he's basically got hands, know, he's got the palls, and he could pin him down and then he could fight him. The hog resilient as they are very tough. I still feel like like the bear, one could take a hog.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you say that the hogs are the alpha creatures, but.
Speaker 12: Yeah, sometimes sometimes they are.
Speaker 1: But typically when you go to fight the hogs, you win, probably because you have a gun.
Speaker 12: For the most part, yes, for the most part, yes, they are the alpha creature when they're running after and those instances, yes, But and the instances where I'm running and they're running behind me, you know, then they become the alpha.
Speaker 5: But you're the alpha.
Speaker 1: But you're running from them and you're shooting at them with a gun and the bullet is faster than them.
Speaker 12: True, But the gun is the I don't know if you've ever.
Speaker 1: Maybe not you you know what you're you know, honestly, I think if you didn't, I think I think you're only correct if you don't have the gun. I think if it's just you versus the pig, then I could see the pig being make a good point, But the gun itself gives you a pretty clear advantage.
Speaker 4: Over the pig.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 16: That's true.
Speaker 12: You know, you make a very good point there. The only the only difference is that when you're trying to run and also shoot the thing that's running after you, you know, there's a lot of bouncing around, a lot of sometimes, you know, you don't.
Speaker 4: Always get that shot off.
Speaker 12: If I was sitting still, then I could hit him. But when you're trying to run and shoot the thing that's running after you, you it's it's kind of like a unversus Oh, it is, it is, but it's it's one of those things that it's just it's just fun, you know, it's it's one hundred extremely unsafe.
Speaker 1: So someone broke into your car and stole the gun that you use to run away from pigs while you shoot them. What do you what do you think that they're going to.
Speaker 12: Do with it?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 12: I would assume crime, seeing as how they were already committing a crime. I would assume that that they're either going to try and sell it or or commit.
Speaker 4: Crimes with it.
Speaker 1: You know, what kind of crimes do you think that will commit with it?
Speaker 12: I'm not sure. You know, there's a there's a long list of things of crimes that you can commit with a firearm. You know, I'm not sure what they would or would not do.
Speaker 1: So what's your plan? Are you going to get a new one?
Speaker 16: I'm night?
Speaker 12: I mean I have others. Actually, I actually just got that one, and I had it in the vehicle that they primarily because I was going to go to the shooting range later and try it out. But that that did that didn't work out, seeing as how it was stolen.
Speaker 1: You know, my gut reaction to the idea of you going to shoot pigs for fun is to be appalled.
Speaker 12: But well, well, but spots, I'm not shooting them for fun.
Speaker 1: You just said you're shooting I eat bacon also for fun, so I so I don't know if that makes me any better.
Speaker 12: Well, I don't shoot them for fun. It's fun to go on the hunt. But no, I say going out and shooting them is fun. That the hunt itself is fun. But I don't kill them just for fun. I don't leave them.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 12: I do eat them.
Speaker 4: They're very tasty.
Speaker 1: Should lock your car doors next.
Speaker 3: Time, m they were loock they broke my window.
Speaker 1: Should lock your windows from the good point.
Speaker 5: I hadn't thought of that.
Speaker 1: You can do it next time.
Speaker 12: Thank you for calling, Thank you, O good night, geck Allie.
Speaker 1: You know, Pauline was supposed to be the main love interest of Mario throughout the Mario series, but she had her very first appearance in like the very first Mario game, which was Donkey Kong or I guess that was a Donkey No, it's a fucking Mario game. But then she got Pauline's kind of made a comeback though, because she was featured heavily in the uh Super Mario Odyssey, where she's like the Mayor.
Speaker 4: Is that so?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean she's got She's sort of like become one of the lines of like peripheral sort of princesses to Princess Peach, like Rosalina and and then Pauline. But you know, I can see, I.
Speaker 11: Can see might be interesting, but I gotta cut you off. I gotta cut you off.
Speaker 16: I don't have much time.
Speaker 1: Why don't you have?
Speaker 11: At any moment, someone could come in and tell me to do something, so making it quick?
Speaker 5: All right, click, I got a true story for you, all right?
Speaker 16: All right?
Speaker 11: This girl I've been talking to, we split up about two months ago. We've been talking about getting back together, and you know, we talked on and off every day, and we decided that tomorrow was the day we were gonna move back in, gonna go over there, help remove her stuff, you know, get everything moved in. I have now been ghosted for all day today. I've heard a single thing from her, and that's where we're at. I feel so fucking stupid. I want to blow my fucking brains out, but I'm not going to. But it's it's, yeah, how do you recover from being so?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 5: Where are you? Where would you?
Speaker 3: What would you do as a get go in this situation?
Speaker 1: I think she was in a Mario Kart game. She was okay, she was she was in Mario cart eight Deluxe.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Hey, I gotta go have a great night you too.
Speaker 1: Call from THEO.
Speaker 15: Heo.
Speaker 3: How Hello, Hey, Hi, I'm.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 3: Yes, how are you doing today?
Speaker 1: Look? No, you know what, you don't have to ask me how I'm doing because you came in here with this energy that made that where you really just wanted to get into it, and I'm with you. Let's get into it.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 17: So, I personally don't have any problems with anything, but I have this one X that I broke up with a few months ago, and she obviously still has feelings for me, and I don't.
Speaker 3: She's she's she's in the dark place.
Speaker 17: And I feel guilty about it?
Speaker 5: And what should I do about it?
Speaker 1: You feel guilty for breaking up with your ex girlfriend because she's in a place. Yeah, I mean I don't really know. Well, here's here's one thing I will tell you, okay, is that and this is my own personal belief, is that, Look, you have your reasons for breaking up with her, correct. Yeah, And I'm sure that those reasons are meaningful to you. Right, you're because here's here's why you shouldn't feel bad about this is because.
Speaker 10: You are.
Speaker 1: You feel guilty because you're breaking up with her, because you're like, but, but, but you being in a relationship with her is of no use to her if the relationship is not working, which I assume it's not because of the reasons that you have decided to break up with her, So okay, does that make sense?
Speaker 5: Like it doesn't make.
Speaker 1: Sense you And look, you know, I don't know why you're breaking up with her. You don't have to tell me for you know me to say this, but you have your the relationship is just not working out. Yeah, and that's why. That's why it's being ended. And you know it's probably not working out for reasons that are like I'm assuming, sort of out of your control. And I would consider like feelings, you know, maybe you're not feeling it anymore or something like that. I would consider that not out of your control. I think you can. I don't think you can force yourself to love anyone. So look, you're kind of like it would not It would not be helpful to her or helpful to anyone for you to simply stay in a relationship that's not working because you feel bad or because you think it would help. It would Actually it's like ripping a band aid off, like you know, like you just got to do it. You know, it doesn't help to stay in a bad relationship because this person's in a bad place.
Speaker 15: But the thing is, I've already broken up with her.
Speaker 5: I've moved on with my life.
Speaker 15: It's been months already. But she feels like she doesn't have anyone she it was a long distance and she's been complaining about she doesn't have any friends or anything. And I feel like I'm the only person else or she makes me feel like I'm the only person that she cares about. And I just want her to like associate and socialize with other people better and just move away from me and move on, and so we could just go our separate ways.
Speaker 1: I think it's very sweet that you care about this person. I can tell you care about this person. I think it's nice, but a like you're this this sort of like I I maybe you could call it a pity relationship or friendship. Even that she's trying to form with you is of is as I've said, no use to her, because it's it is not genuine from you. Yeah, because it comes from a place of pity, which is ingenuine. So so it's it's even if you were to like, you know, be sympathetic to these these things that she's telling you. You know, it's it. It just naturally is not coming from a place that's useful to either of you. You know. And look, I think it's sweet that you care. I really do, And it really seems like you care about this person and you've done all that you reasonably can. But if you're gonna move on with your life, you got to just move on with your life. This is my opinion.
Speaker 3: I've moved on, but I don't know if she has.
Speaker 1: At a certain point. It's not your responsibility. Okay, thank you for that, of course, have a nice stick you as well. Man. I wish I could have said something like that to the guy who was asking me who I was, said the Mario Kart thing too?
Speaker 12: Aw from Glynn Walker?
Speaker 3: What did Walker?
Speaker 7: What did?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 5: Hi? Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 1: Well? How's it going? I mean, look, you know, I'm sort of you know it's going on, It's going how it goes? You know, I'm a gacko on the computer talking to people on the phone. Absolutely, absolutely, I can't believe I got through am I on speakerphone right now? You are.
Speaker 8: Let me turn the volume down a little bit of my phone is like fucked up, and like, oh, go ahead to be.
Speaker 1: A favor to take me off of speakerphone real quick.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me see.
Speaker 4: Is this better?
Speaker 1: Much better? I'm Jonathan? Jonathan are wearing shoes right now?
Speaker 5: I am not?
Speaker 1: Actually no, why are you wearing shoes right now? Jonathan?
Speaker 8: Because I am laying on the bed and I just didn't didn't seem right, And honestly, I was like a little warm, and your body temperature is actually heavily affected by your feet, and so I took the shoes off to cool my body down.
Speaker 1: That's a very well thought out answer to that question.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Do you typically put a lot of thought into the answer that you provide? Very fust two? Do you typically put a lot of Do you typically put a lot of thought into the answers that you provide to various questions.
Speaker 8: It just depends on the question, I guess when.
Speaker 1: You say it depends on the question. What criteria must a question have for you to put thought into it?
Speaker 8: I guess how much of an impact it has on the other person in the conversation?
Speaker 1: Interesting? Interesting, Do you believe that when you say impact? What sort of impact.
Speaker 8: So I mean, if it's a if it's like a personal question, if someone's wanting like a you know, an opinion on a personal matter, you know, I'm gonna gonna give that a little more thought. But if they have like a general question like hey, do you do you like this shirt? You know, it's just gonna be like an off the rip, like yeah or no? Or do you like the shirt? Because that's what really matters.
Speaker 1: Interesting, because I feel as though, all right, so I asked you why you are not currently wearing shoes, and you give me a very well thought out answer, And did you do so because you rated the impact of the answer to the question on me as very high?
Speaker 8: No, I actually I answered it just because that was it didn't really require much thought.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: It's like I know that like body temperature depends, like I said, heavily on your feet and also on the top of your head. And so if you want to cool down, you know, if you're wearing a hat, take off your hat and take off your shoes and socks, and if you want to warm up, you know, maybe throw a hat on, throw.
Speaker 5: Some shoes on.
Speaker 1: It's just well, you again, it feels as though you gave me yet another well thought out answer. I feel like you're very good at this.
Speaker 8: I guess I'm just naturally naturally talented, maybe because I don't feel like I'm thinking too hard about it, just trying.
Speaker 1: To go with the flow, you know, exactly. Well, maybe that's your talent, is going with the flow.
Speaker 4: Hey, appreciate that.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: What do you do for a living?
Speaker 13: Ah?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 5: What do I do for a living? Currently?
Speaker 8: I work as a prep cook at a conference center, and I actually have you mentioned Chick fil earlier? I actually have an interview with Chick fil A on Friday for a second job because I'm trying to trying to.
Speaker 3: Save up some money, and.
Speaker 8: They're paying nineteen dollars an hour, which is like unheard of these days, so it's kind of nice. I'm hoping hoping that I get that. So, but you know, what I'm doing for a living is whatever I can whatever I can find that you know, helps me out the most and my future successes.
Speaker 1: Whatever helps you out the most in your future successes. Your future successes, tell me about them? What do they look like?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, I.
Speaker 8: I love music. I'm a musician, and so I work hard at that. So I'd love to have some sort of like a like a B tier career as a musician. But for me, success really is like getting like a large plot of land and building a homestead on it and being able to live off that land and you know, potentially provide jobs for friends and family and you know, set other people up for success with my success.
Speaker 1: So a sort of sustainable farming thing where all of your food would be grown on the land in which you live.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, absolutely, And I mean on the land you know. I want to do like a like a solar farm because in many states you can get like a nice tax credit for that, and also would be able to provide power for myself. You know, maybe even like if it's big enough land, you know, maybe I could even have like a music venue there and do like some some concerts and festivals and stuff like that. It all just depends on the the size of the land and the resources that I have available to me.
Speaker 1: I like that Duncan's Farm Music Festival.
Speaker 8: Duncan Am I going to be sponsored by like Dunkin Donuts.
Speaker 1: Do you feel as though there will be enough electrical outlets, like if you're doing this in like a farm that was a dumb question. Answer it anyway.
Speaker 4: There's no such thing as dumb question, is there?
Speaker 8: That's what my teachers told me.
Speaker 1: Anyways, What else did teacher tell you that you remember?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 8: What else did my teachers tell me? Why equals MX plus b Uh?
Speaker 3: I remember that? I don't.
Speaker 8: I think that's slope?
Speaker 5: Uh intercept?
Speaker 12: I remember that?
Speaker 4: What are they?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 20: Like?
Speaker 8: None of my teachers really had too much of an impact, but my my high school principal had a huge impact on me. And you know, he uh, he gave me a guitar for my eighteenth birthday and he just told me to make sure to pay it forward and to just be good to people. And so I've kind of, uh, that's really stuck with me. But yeah, I mean I can't really remember much of much else of what teachers told.
Speaker 1: Me, you know, I guess, like I have two questions to that. Okay, first question, Your high school principal gave you a guitar for your eighteenth birthday? Yes, sir, you had a pretty close relationship with them. Yeah.
Speaker 8: So for my junior and senior year of high school, I was teaching myself to play guitar, and I would borrow friends guitars and during Spirit Week I would go around to classrooms and stuff and play guitar and play like covers and stuff to raise money for the said charity of that year. And he knew that I borrowed guitar to be able to do that, and he knew that I was like teaching myself, and so he decided that he he he asked me, you know, he's like, what's a good guitar. I'm gonna get my son a guitar, you know, and like, I'd really like to know your opinion. And I told him, like, a Taylor, you know, do you know much about guitars? Do you know anything about guitars?
Speaker 1: I don't know a single thing about guitars.
Speaker 8: Okay, So, like two of the most popular acoustic guitars are Tailors and Martin's, and Tailors have a really nice, bright sound to them. And so I told him that one and he kind of just played it off as if he was getting his son a gift, right, And so one day he he's like, Hey, I got my son this guitar. I'd love to know what you think. Can you check it out? And I was like, yeah, sure, And so he handed me the guitar and I played around on a little bit and I mean it sounded it sounded so good.
Speaker 5: And he was like, what do you think of that?
Speaker 8: And I was like, I think he'll like it a lot. It's a really nice guitar. You did a good job. And he he said, well, actually that's.
Speaker 18: For you, and he.
Speaker 4: He purchased it.
Speaker 8: It was either him or him in the administration of the school got together and purchased it. Because they were all standing behind me like filming it on there like iPhone threes or fours or whatever it was at that time, like ten years ago, and it was like a big surprise. And I'm actually looking at the guitar right now. I still have it. But I thought that was really cool. I don't think many people get that experience from teachers or administrators in that school. And you know, he he was a really good guy. I got to shout him out, like Stephen Chamnis. He passed away like two or three years ago, but he really cared, you know, and it made a big impact on me. And yeah, it's the cherished memory and a cherished.
Speaker 4: Item of mine.
Speaker 1: Now tell me you say that what was his name against Stephen. Yes, Stephen, what you did? You you you must have called him mister what was his last name? Tamness, mister Chamnis, Yes, sir, mister Chamnas, So, mister Shamnis. He told you to pay forward? Yes, Do you feel as though you have made efforts to pay forward?
Speaker 8: I definitely feel as if I've made efforts. I to me, like paying it forward would be to eventually buy someone else's guitar or invest in someone else's like dreams in the way that he did for me. Unfortunately, I've had a lot of struggles financially and self admittedly in my early twenties, you know, a lot of that was pure financial irresponsibility, you know, and then pandemic kind of threw everything out of whack. And so I'm working on getting all of that together now so that i can do a better job. But I've always done my best to like live past passionately and just just show love to people in general, like as a as an immediate you know, response to meeting someone. You know, it's like you never know what somebody's going through in life, and you know, if somebody is like in a in a crappy mood and projecting it onto you. That doesn't necessarily mean that it's towards you. You're just unfortunately the one receiving that from them, you know. And it's like I've just done my best to to show love to people and to encourage people and to uh.
Speaker 1: Just be what I feel is a good person, beautiful well said, thank you, duncan.
Speaker 8: Thank you very much man?
Speaker 7: Then uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Doug, real quickly, is.
Speaker 8: There anything that you'd like to talk about, anything that you have on your mind, like could.
Speaker 1: Give some one My question for you, is there a particular animal that you are most excited to have on this farm, either to kill their meat or toss it?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 8: Can I split that into two questions, like a particular animal to like raise for livestock in a particular animal to have like as a as a pet.
Speaker 1: No, it's just.
Speaker 8: Just the livestock one.
Speaker 1: Just a livestock one.
Speaker 8: Okay, hm hmm.
Speaker 5: That's tough.
Speaker 8: I don't necessarily love the idea of of killing animals, but I also am more.
Speaker 1: Keen to animals, or I mean, I guess you could.
Speaker 8: Well like so the farm primarily is for uh like paeonies, so like flowers, and so me and my partner have talked about, you know, getting into that business because weddings like those flowers, and they typically sell for anywhere between.
Speaker 1: Hearing that you say that you want to that you're very excited to kill a chicken.
Speaker 8: Yes, I'm super excited.
Speaker 1: Beautiful. Thank you so much for saying anything, DOUNC and I really appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Hey, thank you so much.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 8: You have a blast night you as well.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 19: Hi, how's it going, gek, how's it going? How's it going? How's it going? How's it going? How's it going?
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: It's gone. I'm a gecko on the computer.
Speaker 4: You are a gecko on the computers? The fact?
Speaker 1: Is it a fact? Do you do you? Do you believe it is objective reality?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I do?
Speaker 1: Thank you. Do you believe that reality is a democracy?
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 4: I don't even really understand what that question means.
Speaker 1: I think what it means is that, like the uh okay, so the acceptance of what is? Do you think that everyone sort of gets to vote on what is? Or do you think everyone in their own mind gets to sort of decide and have their own experience of what is and that there is a difference and that there is a diff definitive reality versus everyone's perception just combined together. What did you want to You had a thing? Do you know what? Lou is your name? Yes, tell me about the thing that you told our dear friends that you wanted to talk about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the new calling system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, questions of reality.
Speaker 4: I do like that. The new calling system. I yeah, I told them about the first time I got arrested. Should just get into it, to just get get right into it.
Speaker 1: I feel like we've already gotten into it, depending on what it is.
Speaker 4: All right, Okay, So I was a freshman in college and I was tailgating a football game. We're out there having a good time, hanging out, drinking some beers and whatnot, and then games about to start. We're heading home. We see the team walking into the stadium, and for whatever reason, I decided I was gonna follow them and go walk on to the field with them. And somehow I successfully managed to get through the tunnel and walk through with the team. I walked all the way around the field and I was hanging out for like ten fifteen minutes, maybe handing them waters and whatnot. I took a video of myself down there and then put a hand on my shoulder, got dragged out, gave me a good old sobriety test. There's a group of like eighth graders, there's some some somewhere in that age range watching me, and I just felt so disappointed at that moment. And then I get thrown on a bench. Look up and one of my friends so I was hanging out with earlier, also was arrested at the same time, completely different thing. And then we spent the night in jail together, and it was quite an experience.
Speaker 1: Would you ever go back to jail?
Speaker 4: I did go back to jail, but I do not plan on going back any more. Times. I've been to jail enough for a lifetime.
Speaker 1: Tell me about the second time you went to jail.
Speaker 4: The times not as on that. When I was just we were just having a party, had some jungle juice. We decided that we were going to go to McDonald's at like four am, and so I grabbed one of my roommate's keys. We and me and a bunch of dudes packed up in the car, started driving around and they drove around for a little bit on some third roads. We're going really fast, and we finally bombed up. Started driving to McDonald's and then I cop pulled this over and then I got arrested for that, which that one just kind of sucks.
Speaker 1: But did you experience anything in the joint that changed you?
Speaker 4: In the joint? Kind of You meet a lot of interesting people in there, because well, at least the way they did it where I got arrested, we all just kind of got put in one cell together and had to wait for the nights. You meet a lot of interesting people like that. I met a guy. There's some few people who are like regulars at the tail and this is something that I've found other people I know who've gotten arrested have also experienced, and that those those people are quite interesting and give you a good change of perspective on life.
Speaker 1: Tell me about any one of these people in particular that you met and what Liza that told you that changed your perspective.
Speaker 4: One of the guys who's in there got He claimed that he got hit by a train and something like that, and I don't know, I don't know what the whole deal was with that, but it's just interesting to see how like why they how do you keep ending up in jail? You know, like what what forces are at play that causes someone to do that, but I also did. That's why why don't I understand that? I don't know. Maybe that's something I should go talk to a therapist about.
Speaker 1: If you were to go to jail third time, what do you think it would be for?
Speaker 4: It would have to be something. It would be something big, like money laundering, or it'd have to be really worth it to go to jail for a third time. Maybe, Like I've always liked mob movies and stuff. If I could be in the mob, that would be that'd be cool.
Speaker 1: What do you think you would do for the mob?
Speaker 4: Shake guys down, you know, burn down buildings for insurance money, the sort of mob stuff. Maybe on a strip club?
Speaker 1: Would you cook for the mob?
Speaker 4: If I had, I maybe own a restaurant the mob would let the mob to hang out in, But personally I would not. I would not like cooking for the mob. I I did. I did work as a coke once. It was just I liked it, but it was not It was not something I could do long term, especially for mob people, because then you know that they got they got high standards, and if you don't live up to that time, that's not It's not good for you.
Speaker 1: Do you think the mob would like you? No, I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's for the mob. Maybe, I don't know. Depends on if I things go well for me, if I if I was doing a good job, or if I blew it on my first job, and maybe they wouldn't like me so much.
Speaker 1: I like you.
Speaker 4: I like you too, GEK, thank you. I wonder I wonder if those those people have been I'm still thinking about those those two married couples. Did that did that thing or not? I hope they called back. Sorry to change the subjects. That just popped into my mind. Is this just am I cutting out? He was quiet? What? Okay? I didn't know if my phone was cutting out? If we were just we were just quiet.
Speaker 1: Would you kill someone for the mob?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Probably if they paid me off, not not if it was just like if it was like another mob guy who like killed someone in my mob group, then I would I would kill that guy. But if it was just like, hey, this guy didn't pass money, you should kill him.
Speaker 20: I don't know if I would do that, but then they might kill me, so maybe I would. The mob might kill me if I didn't kill that person. You know, maybe if I was, if I was in that deep, then maybe I would I would have to do that.
Speaker 1: What about for one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, Yeah, probably if I was in the MOB, I'd probably I would probably be I'd probably do that. They probably pay less people, they'd probably pay people less. I feel I think that would be a good on the high end of pay for a job like that. Well, thank you so much, MOB, Thank thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Kay, of course, I hope you have a good rest of the night.
Speaker 4: HM as usual.
Speaker 14: Hey, hey, I want your opinion on something. Oh sure, So I background, I'm eighteen, right, I'm a senior high school and obviously this year's a little messed up because of COVID, and they decided to change up homecoming. And what they decided to do is instead of have it in the gym like they usually do, we have a pretty big gym, so it's not like that crowded. They decided to have us have it have it be a formal event, so like suit and kai event, but we are going to our local zoo to do it outside their rain or shine.
Speaker 1: You're having homecoming at the zoo.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Homecoming at the zoo okay, and I recently changed my mind about it. I was like, at first, I was like, I think this is a lot of other people who were in my grade as well. It was just like, oh, like hell, now, like that's so stupid, that's like what are they doing? What are they thinking? But now I'm kind of like.
Speaker 1: See what's your name again, Grant? Grant? Here's my fear for you? Do you have a date? You have a date to home coming?
Speaker 4: I do not know.
Speaker 12: M hmm.
Speaker 1: Here's my fear for you is, let's say I don't know. Maybe maybe there's a girl you have a crush on, and you're you're and you go and you ask her out Tom coming out the zoo and and she says, you know what, you seem like a sweet guy. Grant Grant?
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, g r A n T.
Speaker 1: Grant. He said you seemed like a sweet guy. G r A n T. Why not? What the hell?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: Nobody else asked me. I'll go with you, sure, I might have a good time. I'll try to have a good time. You guys get there. Yeah, And on site, she locks eyes with a cheetah with chisels abs in a high level of charisma, speed, athleticism, a degree to which he literally physically could not match. And she goes, She turns to Grant, she says, hold on my minute, I gotta I gotta go to the bathroom. And then you know, half an hour passes something like that. You're like, where the hell dos you go? And then, uh, you know you maybe you go outside to smoke a cigarette. I don't know, you're eighteen, you can do that outside. And you see her making out heavily with this cheetah, which is by the way, not only I mean because that's that's not only a sort of a physical attraction, that's a very emotional attraction too, because to make out with the cheetah requires a deep level of trust, because the cheetah could easily, you know, bite her face and rip it off, or a deep or a deep level of lust. Maybe maybe she's so attractive to the cheetah that that she's willing to risk it. And you feel heartbroken because you look at that, and you go, will anyone ever trust me the way that the way that she trust that cheetah.
Speaker 14: I think that is a valid fear. I like, like, I know, I can't run with it, like sixty five miles an hour, cheating.
Speaker 4: Torn or something like that.
Speaker 1: Bring it up to the principal. Tell them everything I said, because look, there's gonna be a lot of broken hearts that night. Yeah, you know, human people are just not as sexy as.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Cheetahs, jeesus.
Speaker 14: If I'm being honest, I prefer I'll prefer another animal other than the cheetah. I don't know what animal that is yet, but I know it's had to do. And my my initial my initial thought is monkeys.
Speaker 1: Well, Grant, I thought that's something you should talk about in real therapy.
Speaker 14: H That's probably right because you're not a therapist.
Speaker 1: But thank you very much for calling. And I hope you have a wonder for us of the night.
Speaker 14: Thank you, thank you for listening. I hope I hope you have a great night too.
Speaker 1: While thank you, grand I know when that hot line ghak that it cannot.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 1: I know when the hot line it can only mean one thing. Did what rhymes with ghak.
Speaker 16: Uh mech deck shrek?
Speaker 8: Hello?
Speaker 1: So spec speck rhymes with ghak about Shrek Dick doesn't rhyme with dick. Shrek rhymes with ghek. But it wouldn't work, I know in the hotline.
Speaker 16: GEK, I yeah, that goes pretty well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what who That's the real question I want to know is is you know I want to know from you like who cares about anything ever in life?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 1: That's what I want to know from you.
Speaker 16: I mean, I mean, it depends what your priorities are. I guess because I guess something's really important to you, then you could.
Speaker 3: Care for you.
Speaker 1: You know, you told one of my two fine, shout out real by the way, I even shout out real quick, becase I don't know if I've given the shout out yet, but shout out to K. Lizard and Tim shuts the door. They've been screening the phone calls tonight doing a wonderful job. Shout out to them. Shout out to them. You told. I don't know which one you talked to, but you told one of them that you need you are. You're a college man, you're educated, you're young, you're bright, your spry. Your brain is enormous.
Speaker 16: I mean, i'd say my brain could be a little smooth at times. I mean it has its ridges, but uh yeah, man, I'm going to college. It's going to be a pretty interesting experience.
Speaker 17: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's are you gonna?
Speaker 20: Uh?
Speaker 6: Have you ever?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Let me ask you something, I mean deep down really like what you called in right?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm?
Speaker 17: What?
Speaker 1: How?
Speaker 10: What do you do?
Speaker 1: You want something? Out of the What can I? What can I do for you? That's why?
Speaker 10: What can I?
Speaker 1: What can I do for you?
Speaker 10: What can I?
Speaker 1: What can a guy on the computer? What can I of the limited sort of resources that we have, of my limited you know, at personal education and life experience and the fact that we're a digital medium medium, I mean, just with what we've got, the situation we're in. How what can I do for you?
Speaker 17: Hmm?
Speaker 16: I mean you're a get go. I'm a geck and I get goo knows how to survive, and I'm trying to survive in college, but I know.
Speaker 1: How to survive to the age that I am. I'm sorry you were going you did exactly what I was trying to get you to do, and then I completely interrupted you. What were you saying?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 16: You know, I just need survival tips from the survivor man himself, the get go You.
Speaker 1: Need survival tips. Okay, what are you trying to survive?
Speaker 16: I mean, you know, I'm now a broke college students, so you know I need a survive you know, how to get food?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 16: I just no, I just I feel like a rat scavenging for parts.
Speaker 1: You mean literally survive.
Speaker 16: Yes, or just metaphorically as well.
Speaker 1: You know, whether it's mental I mean metaphorically or literally?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: Are you are you actually struggling to find food every day?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 8: Not every day?
Speaker 16: I mean it could be occasional, but it depends how much I have in my wealthy you know, what are you going to school for mechanical engineering?
Speaker 12: Okay? Engineering?
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing, and I went to school for film, so mentally surviving going through film school super easy, like way easier than mechanical engineering, So you could do that. I mean, here's the thing. Is you chose, uh, I assume for good reasons. I don't know the reasons why you choose, Why you choose to do the things that you do in your life, because I don't. I mean, you can always tell me, but as of right now, I no, you chose to do something really hard mechanical engineering. I'd never do that's too hard, but you chose to do it. Why did you choose to do it.
Speaker 16: So I like taking things apart and I like putting them back together in new ways, whether it's cars or bikes, anything.
Speaker 1: Really, that's a wonderful reason. That's a wonderful reason. Okay, great. So you have chosen to do something because you like doing it, and you've made that intentional choice, and you seem as though the choice, even though it leaves you in a state of struggle, was being made for intentional reasons. Your struggleing. No, I'm dead serious right now, your struggle is intentional. That's the most important part.
Speaker 16: Uh, I guess that's true. Yeah, it was made out of my own decisions exactly.
Speaker 1: That's the most important part. I think your struggles intentional. You chose to go to school for mechanical engineering and suffer because because it was important to you. You know, sufferings inherent, I think, and uh, you know, we get to choose how we suffer sometimes if you're lucky.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 16: Why did you choose film? Was it easier or did you have a passion in it?
Speaker 1: Why did I choose film? I think I don't know. That was just sort of if I went to college because it just felt like the next thing to do. But now an internet gecko guy. But enough about me. Okay, well, okay, did you eat? What did you eat today? What did you eat today?
Speaker 16: I'm gonna be straight up. I had two pieces of bread and then I put ham in the middle, and then I got another piece of bread, put cream cheese strawberry cream cheese in there, and then I had some flam I mean I got it off the safeway.
Speaker 1: But you know, some flam it stelling me right there. Yeah, flam like like the cake flan.
Speaker 16: I mean, I wouldn't consider it a cake. It's more like gelatinous.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay, look, dude, you're by the way, you don't have to be a shamed when you're talking to me about this kind of shit I eat. I'll just I had, Actually I had a kind of similar.
Speaker 4: Thing.
Speaker 1: That's what I ate today. Is I ate two pieces of bread with ham and like some parmesan cheese on it, and then I just took another piece of bread, put a piece, put a couple pieces of turkey in it, sprinkled some mozzarella cheese on it, and then just folded it and ate it. And the dishes. It was like a sandwich and a half, all right, so you can afford bread, you can afford multiple pieces of bread.
Speaker 16: Yes, substance, well, temporary substance.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all substance is temporary. There's no such thing as permanent food.
Speaker 16: Unless you're a plant. Well no, no, never mind, I take that back.
Speaker 1: That would be very cost efficient though permanent food.
Speaker 5: It would be.
Speaker 16: Then you wouldn't have to worry about food.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Imagine if you could just eat a sandwich permanently.
Speaker 16: Man, I feel like you get tired of it really quickly, Like like you'd lose dopening from eating that.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know, you wouldn't know. It's the exact opposite. You wouldn't lose you wouldn't get tired of it all because you only have to eat it once.
Speaker 16: Oh I thought you meant like consistently eating it. Oh okay, never mind. Yeah, so the sandwich would be pretty dope.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I actually think the opposite is quite tiring, having to scavenge for food all the time.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's like you're a little ratt in the supers, just looking around trying to get what you can.
Speaker 1: You said you feel like a rat. You told me that earlier, Yeah, I do. Unfortunately, do you think that this will be your life forever.
Speaker 16: I mean, I actually it's temporary. I mean, life is suffering. But I wouldn't I mean, I wouldn't really put it like to say it's permanent. I mean, this is just going to be four years in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what look for very intentional.
Speaker 16: Struggle field, Yes, very intentional years.
Speaker 1: That's the most part of that. Look, because here's the thing. Here's what you could have done. Is you could have actually, actually I don't know, I don't know what you could have done. I don't really know your life well enough to tell you what you could have done. But I mean I'm sure that maybe I actually I'm not sure. I don't know anything of your life. But you know, you could have pursued more comfortable options prob Maybe I don't know. You could have comfortable options, but you didn't. You chose a harder thing because it was important to you. So look, here's the thing. When you're eating shitty fucking sandwiches and scravenging for food and struggling, uh, let it let it be of some amount of condolence to you. Hopefully, Hopefully this can can get you through when the times are tough, to the to the light at the end of the tunnel in which the times are maybe a little less tough. Is the fact that you chose this struggle, you know, That's the thing. Revel in the autonomy of of the horrible situation that you are in until until, until, until you reach the light at the end of the tunnel where you get to be a mechanical engineer.
Speaker 16: Man, M exactly, Bro, you know, just four years and then after this I won't have to.
Speaker 4: Worry about it.
Speaker 1: Or you have a brand aneurysm, or you get cancer and die, or someone kills you, you get hit by a car. I mean, look, death, this is an ever present thing, you know, so joy enjoy life while it lasts.
Speaker 16: M hey man, Same for you, Man, you're the guy trick man.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Man. You have a the rest of the night, you too.
Speaker 2: Bro goes on the line, taking your phone calls every night ever, teaching your