Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks. It's the holiday season, the best time of the year for sports, Bowl games, basketball matchup, playoff pushes, and it's all happening at once. And while you and I make decisions every day what gifts to buy, what to eat, which game to watch, there's one place it feels.
Speaker 2: Good to be right Prize Picks. Baby. We're on the think of football season and some of y'all might be feeling down, but don't worry.
Speaker 1: That's why we have Prize Picks to keep you going for the rest of the season. Week twelve of football, we have some great games, a lot of Ots. Kansas City Man, they always find a way to win. The Pats pulling through with the big duve Drake May. We're hitting more, more and more. New feature alert Prize Picks now has early payoffs. If your lineup gets off to a hot start, you may now have the option to cash out those winnings before the game even finishes. Prize Picks is simple to play. Just pick more or less on at least two player stats. If you get your picks right, you could cash in. Download the Prize Pick app today use coach to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. That's Cole Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup prize picks. It's good to be right. Hello, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite unk joining us shortly is my partner and co hosts, the one that's very, very happy today. He called this ball game. He said the Bengals was gonna put BTA to the Ravens, and boy did they ever force five turnovers. Joe was not as sharp as he normally is, but they got the job done. Sensational defense, This is the best defensive game that I think I've seen the Bengals play this year. Will jump into that a little bit later, but thank you guys for joining us. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the light button and do us a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We would like to personally thank you for your eyes, ears, and word of mouth the last two and a half years has been nothing short of exemplary. All of what we've been able to accomplish, it is all because of you. The awards behind us, the places that we've been able to go is all because of you. Thank you for your support and you'll continue support as we continue to grow. Make sure you check out Shade by Laportier now. If you can't find it any city or state near you, order it online at laportiercannact dot com. We'll ship it directly to your door. It is the best tasting premium vessul Peek Cogjact on the market. Compare it, try it against others and you'll see it is the smoothest, best taste in Kangjact on the market today. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Make sure you check out my media company page on all of its platforms.
Speaker 2: That's Shayshape Media.
Speaker 1: Add my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat. We have a very special guest joining us tonight, Osa Odigge Zuwa Ziggi will be joining us a little later. But first, the game that you just watched, the Cincinnati Bengals run their record to four and eight thanks to a thirty two to fourteenth victory over the Baltimore Ravens. Baltimore dropped it six and six. This was a game that the Bengals at what needed they must have in order to keep their slim playoff hopes alive. They know the only way they're gonna probably get into the playoffs is if they win the AFC North, and right now they're two games behind of the Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens, but they're very much in it because they still have the Steelers and the Ravens on their schedule again. So if they continue to win and hope, hope for some good luck, good things can possibly happen. But the Bengals tonight defensively with as good a game that you've seen them play in the last two years. Five takeaways, they pressure Lamar Lamar with seventeen to thirty two two hundred and forty six yards an exception, and they forced four fumbles five total turnovers. The Bengals defense was sensational. Chase was chased fourteen targets, they had seven catches for a buck ten but I thought Tinsley stepped up all those guys stepped up in the absence of t Higgins. It was a very disappointing game for the Baltimore Ravens. They knew in order to have the chance to win this division of this steer is an outside chance. But they did not play their best game, and we're gonna dive into it. I'm trying to wait till Ocho.
Speaker 2: Can log on.
Speaker 1: But Lamar didn't play well tonight, and we're gonna talk about let's go and get this side the way in the game the Buffalo Bills lost, especially the thirty to nothing game they lost to the Foulcons I think, and I think they lost another game to the Houston Texans. Josh Allen didn't play well in those ball games. He turned the ball over and that's not good enough for them to win. We've got that aside. So now when we address Lamar Jackson, we don't want to hear what about Josh Allen because we don't do that with any other quarterbacks. When Tua plays bad, we don't say, well, what about CJ. Strid, what about Jordan Love? We don't do that. We only do that with Lamar Jackson. So we're not gonna do that tonight. Lamar Jackson is a two time league MVP. He's a multiple time All Pro and a Pro Bowl player, and he was once voted the best player in the NFL by his peers. That can never be taken away. But we're gonna address Lamar Jackson tonight and only tonight. We're not gonna talk about what he did next week. We're not gonna talk about what he did in the previous game. We're only gonna dress tonight, and we're not talking about Josh Allen. We're not talking about any other quarterback. We're gonna address Lamar Jackson because I know chat what y'all try to do when you're not that hard, you don't. Yes we are, Yes we are. When Josh Allen played bad, we kill Josh Allen. When Dak played bad, we jump on that. So what we're gonna do tonight, Lamar Jackson didn't play well and we're gonna address it as such.
Speaker 2: He close.
Speaker 1: But let's take the Bengals at first. We're waiting for Ocho to get logged on. He was at the game tonight and kind of got caught up in some traffic, and so we're hopefully he can get to us in the next couple of minutes. His cameras already set up in his room before he left, So we're hoping Ojo can join us real soon. But Joe Burrow six two sixty one, two touchdowns, no interceptions, only got sacked once. They ran the ball, okay tonight, I thought Chase Brown ran the ball extremely hard tonight. Fifteen carres for seventy eight yards. Pe Ryan, Uh, minus that one fumbler that Pee Ryan had.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They they they played really really well. That was really the only hiccup in the game. But that defense, the defense was this was the best in the last two years that we've seen this defense play. And we know what they have. Offensively, they got one of the better quarterbacks in the league. They got the best wide receiver in the league. Offensive line is vastly improved. They played well, played well tonight. They don't have the greatest running game, but Chase Brown ran hard tonight. He and p Ryan combined they ran for over one hundred yards. But when you get your defense like this, Baltimore got the ball, goes right down the field and scores a touchdown, and after that that defense said, no, not tonight, not tonight. Lamar Jackson misthrows. Yes, Isaiah likely, Bro, you get the same amount of points whether you go in with the ball took up on the arm or you're getting ready to raise it. It looked like to me, Chad now you can see you can you sorry for yourself that he was getting ready to put the ball in his right hand and raise it when the guy chopped him and the ball went out of his hand and goes out of the back of the end zone. Yeah, we can say that's a silly rule. How does somebody how do you get that's an ultimate punish because it's not like you recovered the ball. But that's the rule, and until they change it, there's nothing we can do about it. Lamar got pressure to give them, to give them an easy field goal. Even though the defense bowled their bats and kept them out of the end zone. They got three points out of that. Zay Flowers, Bro, you gotta hold on to the ball. I know you're frustrated, you're trying to make plays, but you gotta hold onto the football.
Speaker 2: Lamar wasn't sharp tonight. Chat.
Speaker 1: I'm not breaking news to any y'ally. We're not trying to beat up on Lamar Jackson. But you saw it, and it's okay to say, you know what, Lamar didn't play. Our best player did not play well tonight, and we didn't give ourselves the best chance of winning. Now, yeah, we gotta give some credit to Cincinnati because that is the best defense that we've seen them play all year.
Speaker 2: But Lamar didn't play well.
Speaker 1: Chad Baltimore Ravens fans, Lamar Jackson fans, it is okay to admit Lamar Jackson did not play well tonight. And we're not talking about him. He's a two time league MVP. No matter how bad he plays tonight or in the future. You can't undo that. All those Pro Bowls and all those perfect ratings that he's had, you can't undo that. But talking about what we saw tonight is not good enough in order for the Ravens to go very far or even make the.
Speaker 2: Playoffs if Lamar plays like this.
Speaker 1: And I said before we talked about this the other night, I said, Ojo, they're winning games, but Lamar has been He's he's not been accurate. He's missing some throws and he missed some throws tonight. But I don't I think you had more to do with Cincinnati and the way the Bengals did play as opposed to Ravens are the whole offensively and defensively, but Lamar did not help their calls.
Speaker 2: You good to go on?
Speaker 3: Yo? What's so?
Speaker 1: Ho?
Speaker 3: Boy?
Speaker 4: You there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm here, I'm here. I've been waiting on y'all night. What's up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: What that do?
Speaker 5: How you how you feeling? I'm talked to you that you show? Hey, hey, hey, do men favorite do me in favor?
Speaker 4: Go ahead and get that go ahead and get.
Speaker 5: That Ravens stuff for Go ahead and get that Ravens stuff for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm okay.
Speaker 2: Were we ain't going nowhere?
Speaker 4: You want to make sure you ain't going nowhere?
Speaker 2: Have Yeah? We Ravens still flock? We still flock?
Speaker 4: Okay here Yeah, y'all flocking, y'all, y'all flocked out. That's what happened, y'all, y'all fluck. That's you said it just right, flock listen. I told you It's one thing. I told you right. There's a difference. There's a difference when one of the better quarterbacks in the league come back. He comes back to a team that has the best receiving in the league, as well, so the supporting clad played really well tonight, and I want to give I'm gonna give some players some credit tonight. Joseph Aside, hell of a job d Dre Turner, hell of a job tonight. The offensive line, and it's an entire team. Hell of a job tonight.
Speaker 2: Helpim a job.
Speaker 4: Offensive line, the goddamn defense being able to create the turnovers. I think the Ravens tonight had the most turnovers then they've had all goddamn season long, and one goddamn game and one goddamn game.
Speaker 5: So obviously for one turnover you pay.
Speaker 4: Double for that for two, three, four and five.
Speaker 5: It ain't no way. You can't win games that way. You can't win game that way.
Speaker 4: I don't really want to talk about the Ravens offensively or defensively.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna talk about Lamar. That's your job to do.
Speaker 4: I'm here to boast and brag about my goddamn bak told you it was gonna happen.
Speaker 2: You did.
Speaker 5: I said, hey, listen to you.
Speaker 4: I told you and butter butter y ass better be in the goddamn chat too, Budda, because you.
Speaker 5: Were talking about that trash about about.
Speaker 4: We've got to play the Chiefs, We've got to play the Bills, and we just happened to be on the schedule. So you just circle that as a win. Now, what you got to say? Now, huh, listen, listen our Let me say one thing too, one thing. This is my first time at m n T Bank Stadium in a very long time. And now I know, I come on here, I play a lot, I talk a lot of trash, but I've always been respectful and them people, them people, the Ravens fans in that stadium. Huh man, pure class, you hear me, Pure class, pure I mean pure class.
Speaker 5: I mean the welcoming being.
Speaker 4: In obviously I'm not a Raven at all, but the welcoming in the graciousness that they showed a young bull like myself because of the love I've always showed throughout the years. I just want to I just want to say that, man, to the Raven fans that I saw.
Speaker 5: Tonight, those that meant tonight.
Speaker 4: You know, as I as I went throughout the stadium, you know, uh, field side, and I salute y'all and and and good luck the rest of the season. But y'all showed major love tonight. Now back to my ship talking. Now we put built the ass.
Speaker 5: Now we put and.
Speaker 4: I told you I don't want to hear you say foot on ball the rest of you know what that they you know, they knocking on the hotel room talking. I'm talking to low. I don't care if they might have to send the police.
Speaker 2: To night because I'm feeling good.
Speaker 4: I'm not even tripping. Oh my goodness, I felt good. Did you see Joe Burrow?
Speaker 2: I saw jo Hey.
Speaker 1: He was off a little bit, o Joe, because you made the first half with the first time I think in his career that he was under fifty percent because he was twelve or twenty six. But he got he got going in the second half. He was just off, just just a tad.
Speaker 2: But look that defense.
Speaker 1: That was how you guys won the game because you took a turn, you took a touchdown off the board from likely by stripping him. Now, it looked like to me, oh, Joe, I don't know, maybe the chat saw something different, but it looked like he was about to go into the he wanted to raise the ball up as he was going into the end zone, and they chopped his own and.
Speaker 5: I think I think he was losing control of it.
Speaker 4: And if you if he was getting raise his arm, I think he might have been trying to raise it to get it, get it away from the person that was on his inside that he could actually see. He didn't see.
Speaker 1: He didn't see that reason yea. So he just saw he knows somebody. He saw that person coming from this side, so he was getting ready to switch switch hands and your person rat that coming inside out, that chopped it and the ball goes down.
Speaker 2: Lamar fumble, uh aside. I think that's how you pronounced his Joseph.
Speaker 1: He did a great job of causing the pressure, got a sack, and the guy catches it right out the air. That Baltimore defense bowled their back. They didn't let him in the end zone for the longest time. The Baltimore Ravens defense held and held and hell because I think since it was like zero for three in the red zone and they turned them over on downs.
Speaker 2: But the Ravens offense could not get on track.
Speaker 1: Mainly that offense goals as Lamar Jackson goes Lamar didn't play well tonight, Ojo, right.
Speaker 4: He didn't play well tonight. But also I want you to remember what you said about my defense. I want you to remember what you said about my play good. We couldn't stop nothing, we would last in the league and all this and all these categories statistically and how bad we are and how bad we've been in you know, after the season, but all that matters.
Speaker 5: It's a nice game. And I told you every game, every game is week the week, it's any given Sunday.
Speaker 4: You never know what's gonna happen, regardless of how bad a team may be statistically and whatever category they may be in. And in games like this the night, why we're so confident. That's why I was so confident. And IVEN know I both not talk my trash, but it's one thing about the NFL that I understand and playing the game for a very long time, even if you dominate in certain areas, there's always a game where for some reason, even the team that's bad, they play well. The matchups, the personnel, I mean, whatever.
Speaker 5: It may be.
Speaker 4: And the turnovers obviously helped a little bit outside.
Speaker 2: A little bit, yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 4: Because if he won no turnover, were still would have we still would have been talking. You wouldn't he would have been a lot closer.
Speaker 1: Let me ask your question, how many games y'all won this year when y'all didn't create turnovers?
Speaker 4: Here you go, here you go? You were you see, we don't. We don't want to talk about how we talked about tonight.
Speaker 2: We talked we got five turnovers? How many teams we saw? Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: We saw Detroit without high powered offense turned the ball over against the Commanders last year in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: And what happened? You know you're not winning no game you turned the ball over five times?
Speaker 4: Hey, let me tell you something. Let me hear I hear everything you talk about, right. I don't want we in twenty twenty five. I don't want to hear nobody last year. I want about the night's game. I want I want to about the night game where the Cincinnati Bangals. But beilt ass, you did, yes, we did.
Speaker 2: But let's not look.
Speaker 1: You guys did what you needed to do to keep your slim playoff hopes alive.
Speaker 2: Slim created turnover.
Speaker 4: Oh so you're still talking spicy on? You do know we home?
Speaker 1: You do know we go to.
Speaker 5: Buffalo next week?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: You play Buffalo?
Speaker 2: You know who got to come right back there to follow on me, Baltimore.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, so if min your mouth and min your tongue before you put him in the hole again, and y'all lose again, and then we be at the and we be at the top of the gay.
Speaker 1: I ain't worried about that, because I already know Buffalo gonna put belt down, So I ain't who.
Speaker 2: I ain't even worried about that.
Speaker 4: You said the same thing about Baltimore.
Speaker 2: I ain't worried about that.
Speaker 4: You said the same thing about Baltimore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Baltim I didn't. I didn't expect you guys defensively to play this well. And I damn sure didn't expect Lamar to play this bad. So it was a combination of one playing good and the other playing bad. Your defense played exemplary.
Speaker 5: Yeah, can I tell you something, Yes, the thing, this is a good thing for us.
Speaker 4: You know, as a fan of not just the Mangles, but as a fan of the game of football in general, you know what carries over week the week when you play well.
Speaker 5: It's called momentum.
Speaker 4: It's called momentum, and defensive ye see that momentum of that confidence is gonna carry us right on over the Buffalo. He's gonna carry us right on over the Buffalo and then hold on, we get Ti Higgins back next week. Mitchell Tinsley played well. Yoshi played well tonight. You know, God damn God damn Tanner caught him a touch that little one.
Speaker 1: Hand to you can't play it anybody that what happened to that had him played? He made a great cat.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, that was beautiful defense. That was, yes, But one thing about beautiful defense. The only thing that can spoil that is a perfect throat yes throw, and that's what that was.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 4: Who else Yoshi played well? You know, Jamar Chase came back. He came back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not sure I'm need catch yet, but.
Speaker 1: He had over one hundred yeah, seven fourteen targets.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, come on now we were talking about, we know what, one game suspension and then they got to deal with that. Boy, that and Buffalo and Ti Higgins come back and the defense playing with that kind of that kind of momentum going into next week. Man, we don't see Josh Allen, we don't see that. And no disrespecting them, boy, Davis Ward, now, I mean not you, Davis. That with my dog last name man.
Speaker 2: White, Dave is White.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's my boy, that's my He was playing some good balls since he came off that the killis tell I'm excited. I'm excited for him. I'm excited for that matchup. So I can't wait to see that. I understand, we understand the greatness of Josh Allen and his supporting the cast, you know, Shakira and them boys. Man, But hey, man, we don't man, we don't even see it. We don't even see it, you know. I know they just said Brandon Cook's too. We won't even won't even see you either, we be cooking. We don't even see nothing, Nick Daniel, And I told I told Eric Ball, you know Eric Ball, Right, Yeah, I told everybody, say listen, Eric uh, y'all get me a sideline pass the Buffalo police. I don't care how cold it is. I don't care. You see, I was a good love charm for the night.
Speaker 5: I was a good luck charm for.
Speaker 4: The night because i'men talking to trash about us all week and about what we was gonna do to the Baltimore Ravens in a respectful way. Now, in a respectful way. As you can see, I've been showing grace and respect. While I've been talking trash, no no cursing out no no no, no, no, no being.
Speaker 1: You've been saying how many times you don't say it? But ass how many times you don't said? I told you what we was gonna do.
Speaker 4: Okay, but I'm doing That's a that's a respectful manner as opposed.
Speaker 2: To the way other people know you was cursing early on.
Speaker 5: I know I'm cursing.
Speaker 4: The add emphasis, the add inmphasis, like when you cook Thanksgiving dinner, you add season to your food. That's what cursing does for me. It's I call it a centence en handsome. That's all I mean. No, no disrespect, you know I do this. This is with all love and respect. They're all my Ravens fans. Let me boast, Let let me feel good about myself. And Butter, don't you try to hide on Twitter either, Butter you but hey, you met buddy, and you.
Speaker 2: Met buddy at huh uh huh.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah you gotta you got you got to see it all is Twitter, man, It's it's lovely. I'm talking about all things Ravens. Of course, he does other content related to football and basketball. And stuff. He mad really good dude, really good dude. So he been talking trash too, So that's why I keep calling his name. Butter, I'm gonna see you in a minute. I hope you in the goddamned chat anyone else has the raven fans. I say this with all the respect and love. We the game to night, and I'm gonna see you all in two weeks. We won the game to night, and I'm gonna see all in two weeks.
Speaker 2: I'm also confused by the Ravens game plan. Dereck Henry.
Speaker 1: No, Derick Henry breaks off the long run for the touchdown, and I don't really see him until late third the beginning of the third quarter, And because I see Mitchell and I see everybody else running the football except Dearick Henry, maybe I missed it.
Speaker 5: I mean, we were we were good.
Speaker 4: We were doing a good job of containing Derrick Henry most of the night outside excuse me, outside of that long run though.
Speaker 1: I mean, but he had ten carries for sixty yards. He's averages six yards of carry. Yeah, so even if you take even if you take so he had thirty two yards or nine carriages, I think, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But you know how he is.
Speaker 1: He's a guy that the more can't touches you give him, the harder, the harder you run.
Speaker 2: I'm also confused.
Speaker 1: They they the Bengals come with a zero blitzes and you called you got an end break the right call, you take the top off it. You had to know it's gonna be zero blitz because you max protected it.
Speaker 2: Why else would you check to a max.
Speaker 1: Protection if you're not thinking of zero a bomb bliz and then I run Zave Flowers.
Speaker 2: On on on on a dagger route.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you run him on a dagger route and there's nobody in the middle of the field.
Speaker 4: You know, you know it's funny too him that that's universal for every team because whenever it's zero blizz for us. Yeah, safety that that safety that in that back of was coming. Yeah, I had a slint. Now it's up to the quarterback to say, listen, I'm gonna hold the goddamn ball.
Speaker 5: One more tick, I'm gonna get killed. But change it right up and just go.
Speaker 2: Yes, I got the whole field to work with.
Speaker 4: Oh, absolutely, because there's nothing back there, right, I mean, the goddamn DB's in no man's land. But that that's that's something that offers the cordator has to agree with because that can you hold that ball too long, you get Lamark killed.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, tho you already in gun, you can retreat.
Speaker 1: It's not like it used to be back in the day when you un the center and you check it and you had to back. You already away from the center, so you already got distance between you and the nearest rusher. Now when you retreat, you could just keep retreating and put it up because you got worried about knowing the safety or anybody from backside coming into place. You can run him on the gold, you can run him on a post, cross his face whatever. Anytime we saw zero blinz and they checked the coverage, hey, several would always say take the top off, take the top off, okay, And I'm like, and I'm looking like, bro, what are y'all doing?
Speaker 2: Why would you run a dagger round?
Speaker 1: Why would you run a route against zero coverage for a fifteen to twenty yard completion when you can have a forty yard touchdown. It just made no sense to me. You were back, but the whole game planned tonight and maybe they had more to do with Cincinnati and how they got after Lamar and how they did after that long run. You're right, oh, Joe did it. Mitchell had an eighteen yard run. Lamar had a level yard scramble. But if just the turnover, you're not overcoming that because we already know the Ravens defense is not four to five like it used to be. And they did a great job for the most part, o Joe, because they kept them out of the end zone. But you could only do that for so long. Yeah, before you know what, the levee burst and then now here come.
Speaker 4: It was a rap and the funny thing too. Only you got to remember those that in the chat that are listening. You have to remember when it comes to these division games. You know you know each other very well. You understand the tendencies and what you like to do on based on down and distance, and you know for Mason recognition. Even though you try to you try to change things up to make it look different, but the bulk of what your offense is is what your offense is. Regardless of what you line up in your chances of doing the same thing over and over repeatedly based on what you know and what you like to do.
Speaker 5: It always stayed the same.
Speaker 4: The only thing that changes is the formations and where the ball is, whether it's in the in the middle, in the middle of the field or the left hand to the right hash But what you like to do will always be your offense. Which is why I think, hypothetically speaking, if there weren't five.
Speaker 5: Turnovers, this game would have been extremely close.
Speaker 4: It would have come down to the team of the quarterback that makes the fewer mistakes.
Speaker 1: How it comes down when we got even in match teams, because it's not like the Ravens defense of world beaters this year, Oh Joe, like they have in years past. Last year they were okay, but they weren't great. This year they've really fallen off. I'm looking at I'm looking at Marlon Humphrey and their coverage, their times. He's getting beat by tight End, He's getting beat by Gasiki. Yeah, he's not even close. They're running. They're running like they're running like five and he's underneath and he's not even close.
Speaker 2: To Chase and he got help over the top. I mean, guys are like, I'm like.
Speaker 4: What is I think I know you're talking about when they were doubling. They were running, yes, yes, inside, yes, trying to inside.
Speaker 2: They're not even the underneath, guys, not even close yet.
Speaker 5: That's what the weak spot is.
Speaker 4: The weak spot is exactly the the I call it hard seven, yes, but it is because the goddamn safety has to stay over top and the corner has underneath.
Speaker 2: Right, what do you do?
Speaker 4: You split? You split the gap and run run the deep out?
Speaker 1: But hold on, O Joe, where you going. You ain't worried about him beating you deep? So all I gotta do. I'm playing up underneath. I mean you hell pocket you jump inside? Yeah, So now I'm just in the trail position. Whatever you do, I'm there. He wasn't even They weren't even.
Speaker 5: Close because he was gay. He was banking on him running that goddamn dig.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're right, Maybe you're right. I'm just like bro. They just like that defense. They need a lot to be the They left a lot to be desired tonight, even more so than normal. But when your offense, when your offense turns the ball over four times, five times, it makes the defense look even worse than what they play. Because I don't think they played bad tonight, given the position that the offense put him in. The offense put him in some terrible positions, really really bad positions, and they held him the field goals for the lock what they have.
Speaker 2: They made him kick four field goals in the first half, O Joe.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they gave up fourteen in the third quarter.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And that that had me nervous. That had me nervous. The fact that we were able to drive the bass away. I'm like, but god, damn, Joe, Joe, Joe, you cooking. And I talked. I talked to Joe. I think it might have been early early in the fourth quarter. You know, they they had switch sides and all right, I say, Joe, what, but do you realize what you're doing right now? You see, I feel like I'm cooking? He said, Nah, No, I'm not playing like I should.
Speaker 2: Oh, but god damn, Joe. Well you off that long?
Speaker 1: I mean, you're I mean, he looked good on some throws, but you got to realize he's been off for ten weeks, eleven weeks, and to come back it'll take him some time.
Speaker 2: Probably by the third game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean you'll get his.
Speaker 1: Time in his spidy senses of start Tingling. He did a great job of moving mind, creating time and finding guys. I thought the guys, I thought the guy offensively, they played really well. I think, you know, later in the ball game on you, I thought they got really conservative. He's like, you know what, a field goal, a field goal, A field goal is good here. We don't need to take any unnecessary risk.
Speaker 4: I understand that, but why does every team do that? And listen, let's let's make a statement. Let's make a statement, you know, I mean, listen. I told to Zach Tanner going into the tunnel after the game, and like, Zach, great game. I love it. I'm a cee in Buffalo. But I'm thinking to myself on the sideline, it's five minutes ago. We have a chance to score. We inside the twenty, wee in the red zone.
Speaker 2: Let's run the ball. You run the ball, y'all? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And hold on And then we run the ball purposely in the A in the B gap, knowing you ain't gonna go nowhere.
Speaker 5: You knowing you're not gonna go nowhere, Like what's the points?
Speaker 2: You're right, You're right. I saw that.
Speaker 1: And I think he's thinking, like, you know what, as long as long as we don't get to give a turnover or get a Scooper score a pick six, they can't move to go against the way our defense is playing tonight. Uh, you know he got pressure. They were they were, They pressured the hell out of Lamar Jackson more than normally.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: He had h on the interception that night.
Speaker 1: Got he had Mark Andrews coming wide ass open, but likely caught the dbat the d Lina pushed him back, got his head up and got tipped and and you know that end of the drive right there. But I think, but you know, Lamar didn't play well. We could attested, we can say that, but I think it might have had more to do with since his defense than he eating too much or him not him still him still not recover from that hamstring.
Speaker 4: And and and another thing. Another thing. I know some I know some my homeboys down in Cincinnati washing it. I know we have a lot of Cincinnati fans that in the chat as well. I want I want y'all to to congratulate and and and be and be boisterous, the same way you guys want Zach Taylor fired and you complain about Al Golden. This is the game I want you all to praise him just as loud as the disrespect was when things weren't going well. So I need to clasp for need to collapse for Zach Taylor, and you're clapped by our golden and his defensive play calling tonight and what Zach was able to do with us offensively because we put b to a huhel.
Speaker 1: He did y'all? Did I mean? You know, hey, there's nothing you know. I'm sure they're rejoicing in Cincinnati. I don't have to eat killing you. They could eat turkey and dressing.
Speaker 5: Hey, can you can you do them a favorite?
Speaker 2: Can you?
Speaker 4: Can you apologize for the disrespect?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 2: Y'all still four.
Speaker 4: And eight, so so you're not gonna apologize?
Speaker 2: No, what's the Broncos record?
Speaker 4: Who oh no, don't do that on I got team, got.
Speaker 2: Two teams?
Speaker 4: Oh, hold on your team, don't play till Sunday.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're still not too so, hey, you need you.
Speaker 4: Need to focus.
Speaker 5: You got to focus now?
Speaker 2: And then what do we do to y'all? Did we put belt? Did we put belt? Y'all?
Speaker 5: Hold on, young fellow, hold on, young fellow.
Speaker 4: Let's focus your team and don't forget we had we had Jake Brown and playing right, If I'm not mistaken, we played y'all.
Speaker 2: We y'all had Jake from State Farm.
Speaker 4: We still go put ba, are we if Joe, if Joe Burrow was playing, you guys would have lost that game. Let's let's stop that.
Speaker 2: Let's know that defense of relentless, that's a defense we come get you.
Speaker 4: I mean you, you being the defense that religious We still have a top three quarterback in the NFL when you when you're playing against us.
Speaker 1: Now made it even better when we put him on the ground like six or seven times.
Speaker 5: He wasn't available. He wasn't available.
Speaker 4: Good thing, you know, don't worry about it. We'll see all the two weeks. And the fact that the fact that you don't want to apologize. I'm say something of Grandma used to say in church all the time, every tone.
Speaker 5: That rise and talked.
Speaker 4: You know what, I ain't gonna say the whole thing. I ain't ain't gonna say. I ain't gonna say the whole thing. Hey chat, I'm glad y'all here.
Speaker 5: I appreciate y'all for showing up.
Speaker 4: I'm sure all of y'all are probably rooting for the Bengals right now, and I love y'all and thank you for the support. I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: On the third card of the night, Derrick Henry passed NFL legend Jim Brown all the all time career rushing list. Oh Joe, so congratulations. Uh, I think he's number eleven right now. Right, he's almost in the top ten all time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how many how many more years you think he can play?
Speaker 2: Well, he ain't catching him, so he didn't play that many more years.
Speaker 4: They would have to, they would have to be a buddy buddy system for anybody to catch emm Smith or catching Frank Gore.
Speaker 5: Who's number two?
Speaker 2: Frank Gore?
Speaker 5: Wait, I thought I thought Frank was three. Who's two?
Speaker 2: Frank Gore? Sixteen thousand?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Walter got sixteen thousand, eight hundred, Okay, yeah, Walter Payton, then Frank Gore.
Speaker 4: You God damn Walter Peyton got sixteen thousand. Yeah, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: Frank Gore got sixteen thousand, and then it's Barry fourth of field.
Speaker 2: Who can somebody else? Did anybody pass back? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So he got he got an outside chance of catching Tony d because I think Tony dors Say got like twelve thousand, seven hundred, So he's a half an outside chance of catching him this year, right, Yeah, he's only I don't.
Speaker 4: Think people understand to be able to get the sixteen thousand yards how long you have to play and how much wear and tear that is.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, a runner back's body.
Speaker 1: And when you consider all the carries that he had in high school, all the carries that he had in college, and all the carries that he's had now, yeah, in the NFL, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: Nobody not even in it.
Speaker 1: With all the yards he has has had as many carries as Derrick Henry. So for Henry to be playing as well as he's playing with damn near five thousand carries in high school, another twenty five hundred in college, and now you probably got another twenty twenty five hundred in the NFL.
Speaker 4: And you know what, for the most part of his career too, just as many carries. He's been healthy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, except for that one that one year, that one year, yeah, that one time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's been healthy. Oh that's dope. Man.
Speaker 2: Gratulations there, Henry.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: The Bengals remaining schedule at Bills Ravens at home at Dolphins, Cardinals, and Browns at home.
Speaker 2: So things to look at it. But the game the Bills is the game. O yoe. Yeah, I don't think. I don't think you guys can make it if you don't beat the Bills.
Speaker 4: What you mean? But if we win the division, the Bills.
Speaker 1: They don't think. But here's the thing, I don't know. Hold on who the Pittsburgh play tomorrow, because I think what.
Speaker 5: You got foreign Tomorrow's Friday.
Speaker 1: I mean Sunday, Sunday. Okay, still, Stealers play the Bills. So you better you better be rooting for the You better be rooting for the Bills. Yeah, yeah, you better be rooted for the Bills.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: It's funny. If I'm not mistaken, I think the Steelers have lost the last two, right, the Stellers have lost the last two. You know what, they probably not gonna lose to the Bills. They probably they probably not gonna lose to the Bills. It's I don't understand. I don't know what it is. It's just about the football, guys, and the way football all works. I don't know what it is. And now I guarantee you check listen to me. I guarantee you. I'm not saying that that the Steelers are just that good, but just the way the game of football is just the way it goes. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 5: I guarantee you.
Speaker 4: The Stealers beat the Bills, I can feel.
Speaker 2: I just don't see that happening. Words that game in Pittsburgh, Buffalo.
Speaker 5: Oh I can't, I can't. I can't wait to talk about these.
Speaker 2: Huh it's in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean sure, he listen. Josh Ally could play home all way now. It don't matter where you at for sure, But I just think they have the home field advantage for some reason.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys beat the Kid thirty one, twenty eight.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys have won three straight for the first time since twenty twenty three. Dak Prescott league leading for three hundred game yard game puts the Cowboys above five hundred for the first time since Week five of last season. The Cowboys and back to back beat weeks just beat both teams that were in the Super Bowl in a span of four days. Dak Prescott twenty seven to thirty nine, three twenty two touchdowns, one interception, Ceedee Lamb on nine targets, had seven catches, a buck twelve and a touchdown. George Pickens was his sensational self, although he did not get the ball into the end zone. He had six catches for eighty eight yards. Jake Ferguson had five for thirty six. Pickings did fumble, but Kevan Turpin jumped on it. I think, look, we understand the potency of the Cowboys offense, but today it was about the defense.
Speaker 2: Jadavian Clowney had two sacks.
Speaker 1: I thought they did a great job of putting pressure on Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Mahomes had to make some hell of a throws.
Speaker 1: Some of those throws like they're not a whole, They're not more than five quarterbacks that could have made some of those throws that Mahomes was making. One of the durest that in which he was under. So I think the biggest thing getting over shown back having really helped this defense because he can cover, he can come with pressure.
Speaker 2: He's a really good football player.
Speaker 1: And coming off the injury that he came off of last year and to come back and to be as as as disruptive as he is, Oh Joe, that that young man can play. He has a very very bright future. But Dak Prescott. There's only one quarterback that I can definitively say playing better than Dak Prescott, and that's Matthew Stafford. Oh, that is the only quarterback that I'm willing to say right now is definitively playing better than one Dakota Prescott is Matthew Stafford.
Speaker 2: Dak has been sensational last three games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had a pick, got one pick, got some pressure in his face on his first drive. But other than that, he was sensational day, making throws, giving guys the opportunity to make plays.
Speaker 2: I thought he played unbelievable today. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And when you think about it too, I think most of the people, obviously punits and analysts, those that are supposed to be professionals and experts, all of them had the Chiefs to win. You know, mostly everybody had the Chiefs to win. But the funny thing of it is tonight's game with the Bengals and the Ravens. The one thing that stood out is what people nobody would guess. It was our defense. It was our defense that wants the game has always been a Kidnis Hill and the walls.
Speaker 5: For the Dallas Cowboys, it's been their defense. Yeah, we were able to do the defense look good.
Speaker 4: So those trades are starting to look good, you know, the Kenny Walker trade, the Quinn Waynems trade had getting Logan Wilson and collectively as a group in his totality of playing really good football, especially against not a Super Bowl winning team, a playoff team, a team that's always the contention every single year, despite them being five and five or five or six and five, whatever the record. Now the six and six they're not the same team of old obviously.
Speaker 2: No, and it's mainly on the defense side of football. Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: They can't pressure the quarterback like they once could. Chris Jones is still a good player, but he can't dominate the game like he wants could. He takes and he tries, he makes to he he takes himself out of plays up around the block. And now that he hits a quick hitting play the safety of the feeling, now a running back hits his head on the goal post.
Speaker 2: There are far too many of those plays.
Speaker 1: If they bring pressure, now you now you isolate your secondary one on one. There are a lot of penalties called today. I mean, I mean, it's like seemed like every time Dak went back to pass. They were calling penalties. McDuffie. McDuffie just seemed tentative today to me. I don't know if there's something wrong. Maybe it was just those guys putting the fear of God into a lot of people. He has, he's normally a willing, a willing, a willing tackler, tackler.
Speaker 2: I just didn't see it today.
Speaker 1: Ten penalties for a buck nineteen for the the Chiefs. The Cowboys had seven for fifty. There's only one turnover the game. The time of possession was very close, the total plays was close. Obviously Dallas had four hundred and fifty seven yards almost one hundred more yards total drive. But the biggest different told yo, the chief couldn't get him off the field on third down Cowboys nine sixteen on third down, they got him a third down a bunch.
Speaker 2: They just couldn't get him off the field.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know also a lot of people a CD lamb, I see you, I see you cooking. That's what you do, that's what you do. Shot. He said, Listen, I don't care about what happened last game. I know the drops happened. You know it affected the game. We're gonna do everything we can to make sure he gets his confidence back, and we're gonna feed him. We're gonna feed him again. He had eleven targets. He caught nine in the Things Rhythm eleven cost seven. Oh my it was seven. Okay, my bad, My bad, bad, my bad. Hey, that guy, damn George Pickings.
Speaker 1: Man, he's phenomenal. If he has scored on that one. He heard of that guy. If he was scored on that one, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna turn the TV off here.
Speaker 2: I was thinking the same thing. I would have to turn the TV off.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't need to see no more. I don't even to sew no more. He's a he's a top he's a top five talent, right, yes, top five talent.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: When he puts it all together, When he puts it all together and focuses on just the game itself, you can still have fun. You can still have that edge that makes you in the NFL. Young boy, you can still have that edge, but just just know what line not to cross and just teetering just a little bit.
Speaker 5: That's what you get. When he's been with the Cowboys so far.
Speaker 1: His catches, he's tremendous run after the catch. A big body. He's physical, he's focused.
Speaker 4: Now you know, you know it's funny you've seen him in person yet No man, the man every bit of six fold.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he looks television, he looks. He don't look like he don't look like like a Julio like he like that sign. But you can tell he's on the taller side.
Speaker 4: He tall, tall, tall as hell. So I mean just what he's able to do at his height, you know, as far as far as his route running, but what he's able to do when you get the goddamn ball in his hands.
Speaker 5: He ran a slant route. And I ain't see this a long time.
Speaker 4: Most of the time you see it in college because you know everyone is. It doesn't react as fast. You catch a slant and you reverse.
Speaker 1: Back out, peel out, peel back out.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: That doesn't happen in the NFL because people close the gaps, but.
Speaker 2: They hit them line and normal. But you're hitting you in the back of your head.
Speaker 5: Get one of the other. I'm like, man, this man, this man, I hit.
Speaker 1: Cut the fool, oh Joe, if you look at look at because I thought Kansas City offensively, I thought they they played well. Rashid wise dropped the q's third down and gave him the ball back. They end up because you know, they mahone had started to get a rhythm and they're making some plays and I was like, ah, that third down and we're talking about this same thing happening in Detroit with Jameson Williams. That's what it was a little tougher catch for Jamison cause with that kind of speed and.
Speaker 2: They throw that ball on your back hill, it's hard. It's hard.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, but I thought Rashid Rice that drop on third down was huge. They end up having a punt and it gave it gave the Cowboys the ball back, and I think they end up getting a field goal out of if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 2: Yeah I didn't. I didn't jot it down.
Speaker 1: But if you look at Kansas City defense chat and I think y'all, I think y'all agree, this is not the same defense because O yo, when they bring pressure, you sacrifice the back end. I mean, uh uh, George Pickings ran the same route slant, this corner is playing slightly outside. Why are you going for a head fake outside when you already out there oh Joe, you already, Oh Joe, you already splitting the difference.
Speaker 2: You already down. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And you know, the most of the times when it comes to depending on who the receiver is, the corner ain't going for that that the outside fake. But because it's pickings and what he's put on film so far, you fall him for the first move every time.
Speaker 2: Because you're not confident. Bingo, watch Stingley, watch those.
Speaker 1: That the first thing to do, how h yeah, they stabbing one way or the other.
Speaker 2: Ye to keep doing this right here right there.
Speaker 5: You ain't moving.
Speaker 2: You ain't gain no ground on Joe.
Speaker 1: I'm concerned once you start to gain ground, once you close the cushion. But if I'm here, let's just say I line up two yards off you and Ojoe, you're doing all this, you hadn't gained any ground.
Speaker 2: At the right of the place.
Speaker 1: You will be tired, but you ain't got no, you ain't gonna no, you ain't going nowhere. So once you start to come up field and try to close that cushion, I'm doing here.
Speaker 2: I'm going here. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the and the funny thing about it is, and most of the time, all of that, all that is I call I call it a feeling.
Speaker 5: I want to feel where you.
Speaker 4: At and and and continue to keep that distance between us, so it keeps me in position to make a play no matter what. Because if you can't close my cushion and you have to make you have to transition. I'm more in the position to make a play because I'm on the top side right if you in front of me or I'm trailing, Okay, now I'm in no man's laying damn near because I'm at your mercy.
Speaker 5: I'm at your mercy.
Speaker 4: But as long as they got eyes on you, and you in front of me, and my shoulders aren't turn up, feeling, I'm square.
Speaker 5: Oh shit, you dead in the water, Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: If I'm a dB, you the wide receiver. I do this and I can't touch you, that means you haven't moved. So guess what. You haven't moved. You're not running nothing deep because the thing is in order for it the time up. You got to go in a hurry. You've got to be forty two and four and you not moving, that's gonna throw the timeing off. So once I do this, I don't touch you. I do this, I don't touch you, well, you ain't closed the cushions, so you're not going towhere. So you're running something quick underneath.
Speaker 4: Got to be I be.
Speaker 2: And that's how that's how I'm looking at it. I'm looking at your if I'm looking, I'm looking at your stance. I'm looking at and I saw who's that today?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: I saw somebody. I forget who it was on Joe. He crashed down. Guys, if the guy crashed down, what you think the other guy gonna do? He gonna loop around time.
Speaker 1: You got to replace what disappeared. I'm like, guys, are you serious? You mean to tell me you let that guy cross across your face? Pass that off and be ready for the looper. The linebacker is gonna loop over the top? Here trying to put two guys in this in the A gap, two guys in the big gap. Somebody got to hit A, somebody got to hit B, and somebody got to be in the C.
Speaker 2: But I think the I think the thing is on Joe. And a lot of times guys panic.
Speaker 1: Panic and they don't trust their coaching, they don't trust their technique, and they panic and the next thing you know, the play gets blown up. When all you had to do with the trust your technique. You know that guy disappeared. Somebody's got to appear m and you know.
Speaker 4: You got you got. You gotta think fast too, huh, you got it. You gotta Yes, you gotta think fast. You gotta recognize what you see in front of you, use your eyes again, your technique for one. But you gotta be able to communicate. Yes, you gotta be able to communicate. And some of the things that you see on film, you know throughout the week you're gonna see him in the game. Yes, you're gonna see him in the game. Most of the time, it catches off guard because sometimes you study stuff and you see a formation and okay, okay, this is it, I'm ready, I'm waiting on it, and then it's something completely different. Then they come back and hit you with the same exact thing that you're saw on film, but you're not ready for it because they then loads you to sleep with other shit. They're then't loads you to sleep.
Speaker 1: But the way they study tape, the way we study tape, o yo, we look at everything. Okay, we look at that coverage and then when we look at d Lineman. But because back then when I was in the league, they used to play a lot of twenty five front. The same backer was on the ball. Now all they play are overfront. It's got four down lineman. They don't They rarely put the sambacker on the ball. Now the Steelers play a three four defense where they play Sam will Mike clubb and they got three down lineman, and they got both linebackers on the ball and normal ones one always coming because you want for a man pressure. With that being said, we would get cut up and we look just look at linemen and linebacker's feet, and that would tell us, Okay, you see a stance. Look at his stance. Look what he's gonna do. I got square years, he ain't coming. Look at the cop. Look at the cop. He gonna put the foot back, or you're gonna to give you a cook. And I'm like, okay, here it come.
Speaker 4: Hey, if if a stagger he comes dagger.
Speaker 2: I already know he gonna try to cross my face.
Speaker 1: All I'm gonna do is shove him onto the tackle, that fight backer, and I'm gonna carry it. And and there's porters of TV right off my help. But you just got look, I trust my film study and if they do something that we didn't see on film.
Speaker 2: Hey, coach, this is what we thought, this is what we thought were gonna get. We didn't get it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to react. But you're not gonna beat me. You're not going to beat me o joe with what I saw on tape. Now, if you beat me with something else, I'll give you credit. At they get the practice too. They get the practice too. It's not like we're the only one practice and they gonna show up unprepared. But you're not gonna beat me with what I saw you do and this down in distance and this air of the field against this formation. You might beat me doing something else, but I won't let you beat me with that. And I just think the guys, But give the Cowboys credit. Dak Da could Dak always could spend the ball. The problem that got that that he would turn the ball over, he would put the ball in harm's way. He's made a better job of protecting the football. And he has two playmakers. He's never had this many playmakers at once, even when he had that Dad's and Gallup. They're not CD and pick. This is a whole, This is a whole. This is a whole different a whole different animal that we're dealing with that he has, and that offensive line is getting better and better and better.
Speaker 4: And the funny thing about it is that the offense is well balanced. It is well can They not only can they throw the ball, but they can also run the ball, and they don't go away from the run because the run most of the time has opened up the pass for the goddamn Cowboys, which is why it is, which is why it's having so much success. We understand how good pickings of CD lamb are, but hell, you can run the ball like Williams is doing with shit, then when it's time to play action and everything going to be wide.
Speaker 2: Ass open, Yeah, you got it.
Speaker 1: But you gotta stay battanced though jokes, because it's easy to fall in love. When you got picked and you got a CD and you got guys that can go make plays. It's easy to get away because the way Dak is spinning the ball right now, it's easy to get away from the run game. But when you got Williams and you got Davis, that could you know, and the blanket that can Davis is not only if it's Wims can get you the tough yards, but he got he got speed to be able to get outside and get and get a twenty thirty yard game.
Speaker 2: Obviously we saw.
Speaker 1: Davis hit his head on the goal post and then they all of a sudden they'll catching napping and they're got'll do it quick Jet and Dontee Turpin coming around, and we know he got crazy speed. So yes, they can run the ball. They're really balanced. But over the last three weeks, I've seen this offensive line getting that start the jail. You look at Booker uh uh, you look at a Smith uh today still was in at right tackle. And I thought they played well. I thought they played really really well today they did. And like I said, the Chiefs now that Mardel is not gonna work anymore. You gotta go to hell Rad, you gotta go the defensive line with Oho that you don't have to. And now you know Spags want to bring pressure when he feels when he feels threatened, he always gonna bring that pressure.
Speaker 4: O Joe.
Speaker 2: But now you don't really have that back end that can hold up.
Speaker 5: Like, hey, look at the back end they head.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you when it was at their best, right, when it was at their best is we could bring pressure because we know we got Trim McDuffie and the devis sneed out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're.
Speaker 4: Gonna were gonna play a shell on top.
Speaker 2: Of that had Red you had read it, say.
Speaker 4: Big man, listen they and wasn't nothing and it wasn't nothing going on because I feel I can bring pressure because I know I don't have to worry about my goddamn back in now it's not that same once for those players. You don't have players at the same caliber or with the same skills set that can allow you to do some of the things you want to do. Defensively, yep, not this is what you get.
Speaker 1: You're you're you're absolutely right, but that defensive line is not the same.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Like I said, uh, cj Is is a good player, but that fifteen, that twelve fifteen, sad guy, he's not that anymore. Coloftus, I don't even think Coloftus registered the tackle today.
Speaker 2: Did he make a tackle today? No? No, no stats for Coloftus. Y'all get one one total one.
Speaker 1: Tacklem They had two two tackle for losses and no sacks. That you can't It's it's hard, it's hard, and I thought Patrick Mahonmes is playing unbelievable football. Joeball I mean he had four touchdowns, four touchdowns twenty three or thirty four to sixty one, four touchdowns, got out of arm's way, scrambled the ball. You know, he still got those legs when needed. That played that, he got pressure, the guy was about to go. He jumped before because he knew the guy was gonna try to sweep his legs.
Speaker 2: And he's off balance and he throws the ball. I think he hit Rice. No, he hit a worthy Worthy.
Speaker 1: They're not a but they're not but a handful of quarterbacks to make a player like that, I'm looking at a guy like a Josh Allen or Lamars my Homeboys, somebody like that.
Speaker 2: It's there's only a few that could do that. But the Cowboys, the Cowboys. What's the limit? You got a Cowboys schedule up here?
Speaker 6: Cowboys at Liams at Lions, Oh, Cowboys, Okay, Vikings at home, Chargers at home, Commanders on the road, Giants on the road.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And what we saw from the Lions. Hey, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Campbell might want to turn that play calling back over to John Morton, just saying offensive line, the offensive line. But we're talking about them. The Cowboy at Lions, next week, Vikings at home. Oh, they play next Thursday. That's next Thursday night.
Speaker 4: Who they play?
Speaker 5: Who they play next Prime Game?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's next Friday, next next Thursday. Excuse me, next Thursday. Because that's normally what they do. They play Thursday Thursday, and then they get ten days off and play the following Sunday, which will be on Sunday night.
Speaker 2: Yeah they play.
Speaker 1: No, they play Thursday Thursday, then the following Sunday, so they play Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: They'll play next.
Speaker 1: Thursday and then they'll play, Yeah, because that's what that's normally how dollars schedule shapes up for Joe. They normally play Thanksgiving, then they'll play the following Thursday, and then they'll play the following Sunday.
Speaker 4: Right, so give them enough time in between the rest. Yep, Wait, hold on, wait, hold on? Who oh no, we were talking about the Lions. Okay, we need today. Let me see it back, let me see it.
Speaker 1: They got water in here, they could they hey, look they could. The Eagles could have depth them a death blow. The Chiefs could have dealt them a death blow. But give the cowboy credit the Cowboys like, nah, we still believe. We still got faith. Uh sixth levels. So they got five games to play and they went out. Absolutely. The games only get more important as they go along further and further. What they did against the Eagles, what they've done against the Chiefs today, all that's behind them. Now we got to set up, put our focus on the Lions. And all of a sudden the Lions. Uh I'm and Ross Saint Brown went out. Now he has ten days to couple. We don't know the severity of it all. They said there was an ankle injury and he was out, did not play.
Speaker 2: Absence.
Speaker 1: Jameson Williams stepped up and played huge. Jameson Williams was was unbelievable today. Yeah, but the Cowboys have a very oh they got a very very favorable schedule. Uh you look at the Lions. Their game behind the Lions. So they beat the Lions. Now they flip positions, mm hmm. They still they will still being the they will be they will be in the eighth spot instead of the knight spot if I'm not mistaken. And then Vikings charges commanders and giants Uh close, Oh okay, Uh you think they can you think they can run the table, oh Joe the cow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well absent goddamn lotely is as long as they continue to do what they do defensively and play like that, play solid defense.
Speaker 5: You don't got to be working.
Speaker 4: You don't have to be all world.
Speaker 5: Just meet us halfway.
Speaker 4: Just meet us halfway, and let the offense take care of what they're doing offensively. Dack, you can't turn the ball over. Protect the ball. That's it. And make sure whoever call the players, I'm not sure is called the plays. But keep that balance, keep that balance with Williams running the ball, you know, Joan Redes off tackle some of those sweets, some of those pitches. You'd like to do, those tosses, and then play actually kill him every time with Pickle is able to do. Obviously, pick playing mostly on the outside, and see the lamb is killing everything. Intermediate short, intermediate, I mean you'll be fine. And obviously Jake Ferguson when they want to use him and get him the ball, they have the weapons to do it. All to come down to you have to play solid, complimentary defense and they'll be fine. It's easy. It's easy for me to sit here and say it, but actually going out there and do it, doing it play by play, drive by drive. That's the hard part.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: And when you look at it, oo, you look at the Commanders might be without Jay and Daniels like he practiced, but he's probably I think they The Commanders played the Broncos this week, O Joe, so there was a part that he was practicing, but they said it was iffy that he plays Sunday. We'll see if he's fully recovered and he's able to go against the Cowboys. Uh, the Chargers. We don't know what Chargers we're gonna get. We know offensively they can be good. We know they're gonna put pressure on your defensively, but we never know which Charger team is gonna show up the Bankings.
Speaker 2: JJ McCarthy, boy.
Speaker 5: Hey, what's what's what's wrong with?
Speaker 4: Jj?
Speaker 3: H Oh?
Speaker 1: We got a bad special guest joining us, coming fresh from the Thanksgiving Day game in which the defensive line did a great job of getting after Patrick Mahome Harry, Oh see, Oh Digga zewa ZIGGI.
Speaker 2: How you doing, bro? What's good man?
Speaker 4: How y'all doing? I'm doing great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do it great?
Speaker 4: Ziggy? What what'd you say where you at?
Speaker 3: I'm at home, bro, just got done eating Thanksgiving dinner not too long ago.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I ain't even have to you know. You know how bless you are to have Thanksgiving dinner.
Speaker 4: I had.
Speaker 5: I had three hot dogs to day.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, and I'm spoiled.
Speaker 3: Bro. I don't know how long I've been saying it, probably last two years since my.
Speaker 2: Mom moved in with me.
Speaker 3: And she been on the ones and twos in the kitchen and I'm not gonna stop saying it.
Speaker 2: She went, ham, So, so what what what was? What? What was?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: What we have typical Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: It was straight Nigerian food, bro food food, so food, food, goosey, jelof rice, rice and okaya, the whole nine.
Speaker 1: So so that's that's say. That is a typical Nigerian Yeah Thanksgiving? Yeah you y'all. Y'all had no turkey, no no dressing, no magazeese, none of that or that was an addition to no.
Speaker 2: No, that was it was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's not a part of our