Speaker 1: What is up Dolphins and welcome to the Draft Time Podcast. I am your host Travis Wingfield And on today's show, part two of the Kyle Krabs Dolphins Draft Extravaganza preview is coming your way. Next, we talked about the first pick, number thirteen overall with a Dolphins stick in there and pick. Will they move out, will they move up? What will happen there? Let's go ahead and get into all the Day two, Day three and final Dolphins roster discussions here with Kyle Krabs from the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex. This is the Draft Time Podcast. It is part two of the Kyle Krabs annual Dolphins Draft Extravaganza on Draft Time Podcast, presented by Lockdown Dolphins Podcast. Just trying to make the tyle as long as possible here, Kyle. It's a forty two word title that we do on the podcast here every single year. Kyle, welcome back in my man. How we feel and how's the voice? Did it get better over the last two minutes? No, we're still We're still putting the old college try together.
Speaker 2: But that's okay. I feel good about our ability to finish here on the mock.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm looking at a one two, three, four, five, six seven page Excel sheet document that has all these beautifully colored and sordid and grades. It's it's a work of art. It's a masterpiece. It's a I'm sure a six plus month labor of love for Kyle. And my question for you is, Kyle, I know the work that you do between freaking September to now to get ready for this. The guy will text me at nine forty eight pm clips of a two lane defensive tackle locking out in two gaps, Like Kyle, go to bedman or watch a movie or something. Nobody's watching football extra a lot later than nine, Let's be honest. Sometimes sometimes they're all throughout the day and I enjoy them everyone no matter what time of day they are. But my question for you is, Kyle, because as someone that got to like post up for two straight drafts on night one and just watch and like open a cold one and be a fan and not cover the draft was kind of fun. But I am excited to get back into the first round like we were last year with Chopp. What does draft weekend look like for you? Man? It's got to be I'm guessing just as busy as the work is beforehand.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So one of the things that I try to do.
Speaker 3: So that I have as robust and clean a picture as of a possible for Locked On Dolphins with when they make pick selections is I will update these boards in real time as picks are made, so like names will get grade out and crossed out, so at any given point in the draft, I can look and say, hey, here's where I think the value is.
Speaker 2: So in Miami picks.
Speaker 3: At thirteen, assuming they stay to pick thirteen, I'll know unequivocally who my best player available was. So that way I don't have to kind of take the catalog in real time when I do the show. So I have a live stream on Thursday night that I'm doing with Locked On NFL Scouting, But the rest of it is really going to be Dolphins focused in centric content with stuff in real time, reacting to stuff as it happens, making content around these picks as they're made. But I'm going to live in this document that you're looking at right now and updated in real time so that you know it paints a real time picture of the draft fold unfold as it unfolds.
Speaker 2: For the Dolphins specifically.
Speaker 1: We've come a long way.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: When I first got into the draft back in like two thousand and three, I used to write down every single pick in a composition notebook. For what reason, I don't know. I just wanted to write them down and act like I was doing something and tracking it back in my high school days. Real quick to kind of give a follow up from episode one, which if you did not hear that, go back to Monday's Draft Time episode. We talked about the Dolphins offseason approach cap all like all the stuff that you want to talk about from an off season perspective, and we concluded it with the Dolphins first round draft pick discussion. And in that we did not get into Tyler Warren content because we talked about seven defensive players and you did say there was no player that would crack that seven player group as a potential top of that group player. I'm curious, though, because I'm looking at Tyler Warren here as a really highly graded player on your board. Where would he factor into those seven players we talked about.
Speaker 3: So he he's right up there, this same grade as Will Johnson.
Speaker 2: For me, Now.
Speaker 3: That's where you put those players into a tier, you try to start to separate, you know, positional value kind of becomes part of the conversation. I would defer to if both were on the board, either Jday Baron or Will Johnson over Tyler Warren because of the traditional positional value, and then it is a bigger piece of meat. So that's kind of why I like that these are there's an individual number grade, but it's also more focused on a tier, so I can look within the tier and say, Okay, what's the best possible solution of the same players who fit within the tier.
Speaker 2: So Warren's in that tier.
Speaker 3: There would be some iterations of top twelves in which Tyler Warren would probably be on the short list and get more strong consideration for me, but it would have to be a very hyper specific type of situation where you probably get one quarterback in that scenario. You're probably very offensive line light in the first twelve picks for that scenario where maybe you get Memboo and Will Campbell or off the board and that's it for offensive linemen. I like Josh Simmons from Ohio State a ton, but with the medical questions there, I just I probably wouldn't feel too comfortable without knowing a lot more of what the teams know. Just me being somebody who's on the outside looking in, I can't imagine that I would would say, Hey, you know Pat teller tendon issue, I feel really good about that with you know, as good of a season as he had. But if they may, if they were to, in any situation, make that choice, you'd have to assume if they're comfortable with what they found on the medical background.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially given Greer's comments about needing impact players from this year's class. And that's probably gonna be in the first round. Like you guy, get a guy that's gonna play in this first round most most likely. Just real quick, another quick aside because I'm looking at Ashton Genty here and his Great Player's Tribune article. I'm sure you saw it, like the quote of Time Football. If I were you, I would take the guy they can't tackle like that ys draft me. That was so cool? What about him? Like he's a great player, right, but like the position value, You've already got two good backs here, Like what do you think about that idea?
Speaker 3: It's kind of the same thing as Tyler Warren for me, where I can envision a World where if Ashton Genty, he's my eighth rated player on the Dolphin specific board and the names that are in front of him are Travis Hunter, Abdol Carter, Jada Baron, Tyler, Warren Mason, Graham, Will Johnson, and we mentioned Josh Simmons as a guy who I really like, but with the medical questions that I have, I can't downgrade. Is great because the tape and the resume is the tape in the resume, but the risk versus reward at thirteen I probably wouldn't feel comfortable with. And Genty's in the same tier and bucket anyway, so it's not hard for me to imagine where where he is that the best player available, just authentically the best player regardless of need. And if you make that decision, then you know that would be my focus on it and how do we make it work with the other players that we have and what other solutions can you find at the other spots where you have needs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's these conversations you have to have because, like you said, there's hyper specific boards that could create situations where you get solutions and maybe you weren't planning on, so you have to have at least some type of conversation around these potential options to make yourself prepared for what could happen come draftneck, because it gets crazier every single year. It seems like, Okay, Kyle, we've done enough thirteenth pick talk. I think we have. Let's let's go ahead and get into the second round. Here, we'll take our first break. We've talked about the position needs. Chris Career talked about him in his press conference, like it's not really much of a mystery defensive tackle. You've got some spots to fill there. Right now, we'll see about the guard position that there's been a lot of talk about Lea Meikenberg as a competition piece at that position, which I have to imagine means another veteran or high draft pick at that position. Safety, similar thing there, and then cornerback obviously, especially in a post Ramsey world if and when they do get him traded off the roster. So looking at those four spots, and really you can go beyond that as well, but those four spots kind of the key the keys to hone in on here as you look at pick forty eight, like I'm seeing a bunch of players in those position groups that would kind of stack up in that glut you have there. What are you looking for at that position and how would it change based upon what could happen in round one, be it Baron or Johnson versus Kenneth Grant versus Starks and emon. Worry like, how does the first round impact where you might go in terms of positional value in that second round? Take us through pick forty eight.
Speaker 3: Men, Yeah, I think the only thing that would be off the board for me is potentially a double dip with the first two picks. Now, there's some spots where you could probably afford a double dip where you could probably argue at corner if you double dip, then it was Jday Baron and Benjamin Morrison, for example, the corner from Notre Dame or Savon Revel from ECU, who was a player that's right up there in the top twenty. But just like Josh Simmons has some medical background stuff that probably not willing to commit the thirteenth overall picked. But because of that and because the level of competition maybe is there later and if you wanted to double dip in that regard and kind of go to Vonte Davis Sean Smith route from that draft class where the Dolphins double dipped.
Speaker 2: On corners real early. I could get on board with that kind of vision. Now.
Speaker 3: I think there's a lot of other foundation work that has to be done in some other places, but generally speaking, I would be surprised if you double dipped at thirteen and forty eight. This is probably where you have potential to find a needle moving player at offensive guard that you're expecting to exclusively play offensive guard. I expect Gray's Abel from North Dakota State it's going to be gone. But Donovan Jackson from Ohio State I think has a chance to has a chance to be there. Jonas Savinaya from Arizona has a chance to be there. Tate Ratleige from Georgia probably will be there. And those are three names at that spot that I look at and say, hey, if you want invest in protecting your quarterback and getting a run game back on track, and getting more long term security for your offensive line, and getting a cost control player where all of a sudden, league average guards are costing thirteen, fourteen, nineteen million dollars a season, which he's all this year of agency, might not be a bad idea to kind of that changes the stereotypes of positional value for that position in the draft because the economics there have gone crazy the last two years.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, I'm sitting here looking at your board thinking like, oh yeah, when you first started answering that question, like he's going to talk about defensive tackles because he's got Tylee Williams at forty six, You've got Alfred Collins at forty nine, Walter Nolan at fifty one, and then I thought I had one more, but maybe I'm not seeing it. But those that's three players that could be on the board for you in that spot, and then I'm thinking you're going to talk about them. Then you talk about offensive lineman and they're all there. But now I'm looking at the cornerback spot too, and you've got guys right there as well. So it's almost like to go back to Chris Careers comments, like the draft does kind of stack up nicely for you could want. So, I mean, I don't know the question to ask because there's so many permutations of how it could go at that position, but it kind of sounds like, regardless, Mimi's going to be in a position to get a guy at forty eight. That could be a potential, you know, because like arianti Essery, here is a Minnesota attack well Marcus and Bo from Wake Forest as a guy that like, I think both those guys could possibly kick inside and play guard too. That could be part of that equation. Am I am? I looking at this as a potential, like, can we try to find a way to get two picks in this range because I kind of feel like there's a lot of guys I like in this position.
Speaker 2: Kyle, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think in a perfect world you double the amount of picks you make on day two because there's a lot of potential for players. And you mentioned corner right where if I skip the top four corners that I have on the board, including Travis Hunter, I have Trey Amos from Ole, miss Darian Porter from Iowa State, Benjamin Morrison from Notre Dame, Jacob Parish from Kansas State, Maxwell Harrison from Kentucky, azari A Thomas from Florida State. That's kind of like a collective tier of talent. That's six names at corner. Now, not all of them are gonna be there, but you mean to tell me all six are gonna be gone? And even if all six are gone, then you say, okay, defensive tackle, it's Tyler Williams, it's Alfred Collins, it's Walter Nolan. I would put Darius Alexander from Toledo in that same bucket as well, So now I got four names there, and if all those in all the corners are gone, then you shift your focus to the offensive line, and it's Donovan Jackson. Predictively speaking, I have grayz Abel in this bucket, but I think he and Tyler Booker will be gone. So it's Donovan Jackson. It's Tate Ratledge, It's Jonas Savignaya, it's ariantay Erserie, It's Marcus Imbo who can play guarder center on the interior for you, I think Charles Grant from William and Mary is probably a little bit more of a projection as a smaller school guy. Maybe you don't want to take that extra bisk but I would put him in that bucket as well, and that's Jackson, Grant, Ratledge. Savina remarks, that's six. So that's sixteen names between guard, defensive tackling corner. We didn't talk about safety yet, so it really does stack what in a perfect world you could give me two picks in the forties and fifties, you can give me a pick in the seventies, and you can give me a pick at ninety eight. And I think you have a chance to really gobble up a bunch of players. Now, I think the thing that does out of everything we just presented, the biggest thing that I would point to is at the safety position. The star semen or a tier is a tier all in and of its own. And then I think you have a Xavier Watson Andrew mccouba for me, is the next tier down. But where you have a lot of interchangeable and similar value kind of pushes closer to ninety eight in my opinion. Where now that's Lathan Ransom and Jonash Sanker and Kevin Winston and Jalen Reed and Billy Bowman, and you put Craig Woodson and Malachi Moore in that bucket as well. Caleb Ransaw has corner safety capability. Marcus Siegel from Kansas State has corner safety capability. Where you talking about ninety eight or one sixteen, So that that depth and that's where the sweet spot is for safety. So if you're not gonna go like needle moving difference maker early. I think instead of plucking one at forty eight, unless it's too good to be true player it's available, just trust that that run, you're not going to miss the entirety that run, and you'll have somebody a.
Speaker 2: Little later on.
Speaker 1: I think that shakes up quite nicely for pick forty eight and ninety eight. We kind of discussed both those there and that one question. Let's go ahead and take a break right there, come back and discuss day three, and we'll conclude the podcast with a Kyle Krabs mock draft. We've already taken our first pick in the first round. All round out, round two, two, three, and beyond for you guys here with Kyle on the show Draft Time Podcast, brought to you by Auto Nation. Back here with my guest today, Kyle Krabs locked on Dolphins Podcast talking all things Dolphins Draft, and Yeah, man, like, just looking at that list and the discussion about the players in that grouping like it kind of sounds like if somebody were and the Chicago Bears are a team that has two picks in the forties and maybe could want to get back into that first round. I don't know what their approach would be. But that's like, that's one team that could do it. It sounds like you might be willing Kyle to get out of the first round altogether based upon what you have here in this list between you know, picks twenty five through eighty.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, I think there's there is a world that exists where the player that's on the board at thirteen.
Speaker 2: Is too good to pass up. Yeah, But.
Speaker 3: When the conversation becomes the opportunity cost to move out of that player at potentially, you know, if it's a team that's in the top three that passes on a quarterback and wants to come back up and get in front of Pittsburgh. Hypothetically Cleveland has thirty three, sixty seven, ninety four, one oh four. The Giants have thirty four, sixty five and ninety nine and one oh five. And you know, so you're talking about potentially moving back twenty spots.
Speaker 2: That's a big drop.
Speaker 3: But if it's giving you the picks in this range, and there's future draft implications that comes as a result of that as well, with twenty twenty six draft capital, I would be listening. Now, I'm not guaranteeing that I would do it, but you can either try to incrementally slide your way down, or you can get a team that's really desperate that that is going to give you the Day two picks you want now and something big in the future. And if if you get that, then, especially if that team's already made a pick in the top three and got like a needle moving player elsewhere, I would listen to those phone calls for sure.
Speaker 1: And as it stands, a chance to get three impact players in those first three picks, the top one hundred of this year's draft, and at positions of need to it seems like so a pretty good stacked board here for us going into date number three. And we'll go ahead and make those picks at the end of the podcast here from Kyle. But let's go ahead and pivot on to the third day of the draft. In a Saturday morning, some folks might have some draft fatigue. The real ball knower's, the real fans of the draft will be sticking around for all four rounds on Saturday. As we get into pick one sixteen, which would be the thirteenth pick made on Day three, and I'm looking at this list here, you've got a couple of the guys we just talked about. You've got some interior defensive linemen, some receivers, even some more corners in this range. Kyle, you look at the third day and you know, based upon all the stuff you just discussed for the first three picks and maybe you scratch off three of the need you have, is this where you start thinking about just taking the best player, regardless of positions, because like, this is the time where it comes to like you can't really you know, parse your needs. It's like, just take the best player because this is kind of a not a crap shoot, but it's tough to find hits at this late in the draft.
Speaker 3: I kind of struggle with this, whether it's a part of me that says Day three is where you should shift your focus to addressing your needs to get more bodies in and then maybe you compliment that with veteran players and hope that develops talent. But I look at tight end, running back. We didn't talk about these positions at all, but they're kind of ancillary or complimentary players that Dolphins probably need another body at least at running back, you know, with with Raheem Moster and Jeff Wilson being gone, and off the roster. Uh, another back that you know, Alexander Madison that's not a big financial commitment to so you know he's gonna have to compete for his spot. I think you need some more competition. Day three, with those picks is the perfect kind of place to do something like that.
Speaker 2: I think that you're you're.
Speaker 3: Getting into appropriate window to have another swing of the bat at the quarterback position as well, to bring in a third quarterback. I don't I don't think the Dolphins should roster just two quarters in season. I think they would benefit from having a third guy that they carry with confidence and is a cost control player at the position. And on Day three, you're kind of in the point where you're expected return on investment for those picks is diminished automatically just because of where you're at in the draft. So having somebody who has some traits that you like and you want to get in house makes all the sense in the world to me. So there's a part of me that says, hey find the needle moving players because they will find their way on the field early and then, like defensive tackle, you're going to need more than one body there. So draft for need on Day three and get a player that's a role or skill specific player, whether that's an Ane as Peoples as a penetration type player, or a Zier Stackhouse as a gap control kind of player on the interior. Like, and there's a bunch of examples of those kinds of players from top to bottom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially when you when you factor in, you know, to your point, the competition come training camp, like, these are guys that could be carving out role is two hundred three hundred snap takers like we saw last year with the concept of you know, Tier Tart, Jonathan Harris, Neville Gallimore, all the guys they brought in to kind of fill out those roles, and those guys didn't wind up making the team and you wind up going Benito Jones to Sean Hand. Is your kind of rotational pieces there, And you know, when I look at this part of the draft, like to your point, we have you know, three of the ten picks from the top one hundred, but seven picks on day three, it's a good time to like, Hey, I liked a couple of these guys. Let's just get him both in here and have him compete and the best man wins, right, Like to kind of how you build that competition environment and get the best team on the field. I guess, so, okay, that's picks. That's that's in the fourth round range. We kind of move here into the fifth round here, and I think this is where you start, at least on your board, entertain the idea of a position we have not talked about yet in the quarterback spot. Which guy of these quarterbacks Kyle and where would they go? Do you think is the best fit for a Dolphins developmental piece behind two of the starter and Zach Wilson the backup.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think Kyle McCord from Syracuse is the best style stick player. The question is does he sneak into the top one hundred? Could you get him at one sixteen? I don't know that you'd see him get into the picks in the one fifties that Miami currently scheduled to pick. I think he's the best parallel player. I do like Will Howard from Ohio State a ton and what I like about Will other than there's some mobility and size and arm strength there. He had a willingness this year to let and develop chemistry with his receivers and let those guys go make plays down the field. And when you're not a precision oriented backup court, or when you're not a precision oriented starter, where the scheme is tailored for you, if you're gonna get a backup that's gonna go in there and they're gonna say, hey, i'm gonna trust my really talented wide receivers to go make plays on the ball and give him a chance. I think that's a better world to live in than to say I don't see it clean, I'm not gonna throw it, and I'm gonna take negative plays. So I think, well, and Will's got a great demeanor. If if you're a ViBe's oriented scout, you like a guy's like the aura, as the kids say, I think Will's Will really carries himself impressively. Dylan Gabriel Obviously as a left hander, there's some benefits to having another left hander in the scheme when the starter is oriented to be a left hander and how that works, and Mike McDaniels talked about that at length and if even if you wanted to wait till later, a little later, like one of these picks in the seventh round, I really like Cam Miller from North Dakota State.
Speaker 2: I think he's a.
Speaker 3: Gamer type, has some mobility, has enough arm strength. He's not gonna blow you away with his arm, but man, he operated that offense at North Dakota State at a pretty high level.
Speaker 1: So just talking about what that third quarterback if he were to be drafted, looks like for the Dolphins in terms of his like arrive and developmental plan. Like, we've had guys in the past that were, you know, long shots to make a roster right James Blackman comes to mind as a guy from the Florida State quarterback that was out here for a while and had a chance. Who was a guy last year I forget his name. Jeez. Yeah, I guess we'll come back to that at some point later. But essentially they were guys that you you kind of had a feeling like he's trying to get reps, you know, for the next team, almost because there's there's depth here at this position. But if you draft a guy in this range and it is a Will Howard or it is a Kyle McCord or even someone on you know, in the seventh round, what does it look like for that player to come here when you like two was the entrench starter. Obviously, Zach Wilson's being paid and will be the backup, but most likely unless you know, it's a crazy camp for the rookie, what does it look like for that rookie who's coming here basically trying to just like you know, drink through a fire hose of NFL offense and getting ready for the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think part of that is is the benefits. And you got a little bit of look at this with quit Bell during hard knocks, but young player that can be on the run the look squad, you get reps that way too, right, So by running the opposing team stuff on installs throughout the week. I don't think it's super sustainable for the Dolphins to have a second quarterback contract with Tua and then continue to pay veteran backup quarterbacks like in the ballpark. So you're you're looking to almost kind of have.
Speaker 2: A succession in place for Zach Wilson.
Speaker 3: And I know that they deferred some of the cap commitments from that year into future years where if they were to sign Zach Wilson to an extension if things go really well, or if he has to play and he plays well and they want to go that direction. They have some flexibility there, but to invent like Zach Wilson was the second biggest contract the Dolphins gave out in free agency, So when you look at it like that, you really got to sit here and ask yourself, like, how sustainable is that? And unfortunately with some of the durability stuff, that's the world that the Dolphins have to live in right now. But I think you would be far better suited looking for one or two other players elsewhere on the roster that have a lot of positional versatility so that you have the extra spot on the fifty three and then get that other player in and then you kind of have a year to decide like, hey, we saw how he took the offense. We don't have to pay another veteran quarterback because this guy grasped our offense and executed what we asked in execue throughout the course of the season.
Speaker 1: So it's more of like cause oftentimes I feel like fans like and the Joe Milton example will be the one that you can use for this. Fans will be like, if you take a quarterback and you play as well, like you can trade him for high draft picks it's like, you know, maybe once upon time, but like people aren't coming up for second round draft picks for AJ Feeley anymore. That's just not happening anymore. So like I feel like the investment of it is like for future of your own. Uh, you're cashing out the ro I down the road, hopefully on your own in the future. Good stuff there, Kyle. Let's go ahead and finish this segment with this. You've you sent me so many clips of guys that I'm like, oh that we're watching you know, Marshall tape today or watching Elon tape today, whatever it might be. Is are two pretty different schools. But give me some of the guys that stood out to you that you think could be available beyond that fifth round Day three prospects, maybe even in that fifth round as well. But just talk to me about some of the sleepers that you have as favorites.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll go with the one I most recently was blowing your phone up about, which is JJ Roberts from Marshall. He's got a ton of pop, he's got some good striking ability as a tackler, He's got a lot of range. He can be that guy that plays high in the post, but he can fit the run.
Speaker 2: I think he's he's.
Speaker 3: Somebody who will benefit from being a little bit more calculated with some of his angles when he runs from death to support.
Speaker 2: With the run, there's sometimes where that gets the better of him.
Speaker 3: And he's a former corner from wake Forest, so really only started playing safety once he got the marshall two years ago. So you see some transitional stuff with him where I think he can see things faster and that should come with more reps in time and the context that he has as a player who really only made that switch recently, it gives you a little bit of context as to why maybe he's not seeing it as fast as he could if he was going to make a bunch more plays on the football. So players like that, players that had a position change late in their career and it's kind of allowed them to amplify some more of their traits. But you're looking for them to, hey, let's can you level up your game? Can you see things faster? Can you jump that rounte a little quicker? Can you actually cut that route instand the nuts is meeting the ball at the catchpoint? Like that's the kind of story where you see why it is the way it is and say, Okay, I think this guy has another gear to tap into with this position that he's playing.
Speaker 2: Now love it, man.
Speaker 1: He was, to your point, fun to watch, brought a lot of that juice checks a lot of the boxes you talked about in terms of getting more athletic, getting more kind of just dogs on defense, and being faster, more athletic, a little bit more physical and violent, good stuff all around. Let's take our last break right there, come back on the other side and pay it off. We'll go ahead and have Kyle make picks beyond the first round. We already have Jday Baron from Texas slotted into that spot for Kyle on his mock draft. Here. We'll finish that out next Draft Time podcast, brought to you by Auto Nation. All Right, the time has come. The next time you hear from me on the show will be talking about a first round draft pick. And Kyle, I'm gonna give you some liberties here to adjust as you see fit. You're the one that's been just inundated in the stuff for the last several months and really for the last decade plus with draft content. But I will give you the liberty to see how the board shakes out in terms of how you have it graded, to make the picks that you feel are possibly justifiable with that player making it there, the floor is yours. Let's go ahead and just get out of the way. We already talked about today baron a lot on yesterday's podcast. So that's the pick at thirteen, correct, Yes, okay, cool, So we're done there, Pick thirteen, done. Cornerback in the bag at pick forty eight. Give me the guy that you're looking at here that could be on the board for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So my heart is telling me to pick out for Collins and go defensive tackle, but I'm not gonna do that. I am going And the reason why is as I'm looking at the horizontal board and I count names at defensive tackle that I see in rounds three. In rounds four, I have one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve. I have twelve names in rounds three and four at defensive tackle. If I look, I have one name maybe two in the third round at offensive guard. So the discrepancy that exists between what should be available even if a run has happens at defensive tackle, I should still like my options more at ninety eight there and you're getting into role specific players. You get undersized penetration guys, you get run stuffers that are are rick houses that are hard to move.
Speaker 2: You. You can find him.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna go with Jonas sab and I the offensive lineman from Arizona picked number forty eight. I think that that's a big time Neino mover. Him and Austin Jackson playing next to each other. Oh my goodness of the ball.
Speaker 1: I love it, man. I love that pick. I love the first two round picks you made already that this football team has already gotten better based upon your draft. And this is why horizontal bards matter. We just we just talked about this and it already pays off as you go ahead and take a look at yours and say, I have a d tackle here I love, but I know I've got someone later on the draft that I could also, you know, learn to love or maybe like a little bit. And it gets me a guard that I love where I don't have that option later on. And I guess my follow up question would be this, Kyle, because you talk about, you know, getting some role specific players at defensive tackle position. You know, like we see the depth of defensive tackle behind Zach and Bdito Jones as eating bodies. But because you have Zach, does that kind of change the way you view that? Because if you were, like, you know, maybe you had like the safety group where it's like deeper than it is top heavy, maybe you do inject that with a first round pick. But because you have Zach Seeler, who can play nine hundred snaps at four positions, does that change the way you view the defensive tackle need because he's so good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think you know, Kalais Campbell was on a snap count last year, and then years before that it was Christian Wilkins was playing nine hundred snaps and Zach was playing eight point fifty and then they carried four and it was like Raykwon Davis was the nose that came in You had one of the backup guy who played like ten snaps a game, So life is a little different. But still having a volume snap player like a Zach Sealer, I certainly think changes the perspective there quite a bit. So I am gonna go with Savi Andaya expecting that there's gonna be a name there, and I know what I'm eyeing for pick number ninety eight, and it's it's gonna help that group on the defensive front.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's a change from the previous discussion we talked about this is a good spot being a good spot for a safety. So sounds like we're run back to defensive tackle at pick ninety eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're gonna go.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be Jday Baron at thirteen, it's gonna be Jonas Savina at forty eight, and then I'm gonna go with Jordan Phillips defensive tackle for Maryland. Not that Jordan Phillips, but he relax.
Speaker 2: It's is one of the youngest players in the draft.
Speaker 3: He's red shirt sophomore that declared and went to the Shrine and has a ton of athletic potential. But getting to see him up close in the Shrine, he is built. He's built like a three hundred and ten pounds Deshawan hand where just very dense top to bottom, very thick kind of frame. I think he can play some odd front end and I think he can play in the A gaps for you as well as as an early down guy.
Speaker 1: I love it. So I think we've made the foot ball team better for the first three picks. I think all three of those guys. I think you've got two surefire stars and your first two picks. I think the third pick is going to be a heavy rotational guy as well. So you've done a great job so far. How about as we get on today three here early in the third day, pick one sixteen, where we going.
Speaker 3: So one one sixteen, I am going to stay at defensive tackle and I'm gonna draft Ty Robinson from Nebraska.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 3: First team All Motor, try hard, his tape is awesome. He's not a big time pass rusher, but he's a big time like line of scrimmage compression player. But I think with the Dolphins and their their rest of their pass rush group, between Zach and the guys that they have on the edge, and what Jordan Brooks has and can bring to the table, and now you add Willie Gay into that mix, like, I think you have enough other dynamic pieces where I'm not really sweating, like, hey, we need two pass rusher types at defensive tackle. So I'm gonna double dip and go Jordan Phillips and Ty Robinson with ninety eight and one sixteen to kind of help out the interior defensive line.
Speaker 1: There's your defensive tackle. Double dip in your depth at that position, Kyle, we've got about four minutes left. Let's go ahead and get through. Uh picks one thirty five and one or yeah, one thirty five, one fifty, one fifty five here if you can, all.
Speaker 3: Right, So one thirty five I am going to go with. Let's go the safety here. Let's go Billy Bowman from Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Fe.
Speaker 1: I love this draft so much.
Speaker 2: So there's some concern.
Speaker 3: About the tackling it's twenty five percent career mistackle rate, but the ability to make plays on the ball and coverage. I think it's a great player to Addie many plays super chip. He's got a big time tche too, So I like that a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's that that helps the tackling down the road.
Speaker 3: So that's at least one fifty and one fifty five.
Speaker 2: Yes, I will go with.
Speaker 3: Tight end to Jay Kanyers from Texas Tech at one p.
Speaker 2: Fifty.
Speaker 3: This is if you miss Tyler Warren. He does some similar things at Texas Tech. He was at Arizona State. They have a direct snap package for him. Used to be a high school quarterback, like really good athlete. I think Mike McDaniel could get a lot of run out of him. And then I will go with the quarterback O go Dylan Gabriel from Oregon at one to fifty five.
Speaker 1: There you go. The needs are checking off the list. You got your developmental quarterback, you got your big tight end. There, give me your three picks on date on in the seventh round, Cole, and I'm sure there's a receiver here that I'm looking at that you like a lot.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go Jackson Meeks with one of those picks, a big bodied wide receiver from Syracuse, so I'll add him into the mix.
Speaker 2: I will add.
Speaker 3: Let's go into zer stackhouse nose tackle, true nose tackle from Georgia. I think that's a it's a low volume snap taker, but you know you really didn't get that with either of the other two players are a little bit more hybrid type players. And then the last pick I'll go, I'll go back to the offensive line and draft Connor Colby from Iowa, who is a tailor made wide zone type of player to compete for a roster.
Speaker 1: Spot and You're getting a guy that fits the system in that spot that you can develop long term. So I love that. Jday Baron, Jonas Savinaya, Jordan Phillips, Ty Robinson. You're back to back defensive tackles. Safety Billy Bowman Jr. Tied end Jalen Conyers, quarterback, Dylan Gabriel, wide receiver Jackson Meeks. We come back for a third defensive tackle, a nose tackle in Azier Stackhouse and Connor Colby out of Iowa. Kyle, you killed it, man. We appreciate your time. We have one minute left in the show, so I'll go ahead and get you out of here. Have you seen the video of Chris Fowler taking on the throat regiment that go take one of those. I ressed up that voice, my friend. You've been You've recorded probably what forty thousand words worth of content today, So appreciate your time at Kyle Crabs on Social Lockdown, Dolphins podcast, Touchdown Miami, on NFL Scouting, as well as the thirty third team Draft League. Kyle, you're the man. Appreciate dude. Thanks Travis and the way he goes and away we go until Thursday night. We'll hear for you guys, or you will hear from me rather, I should say, after the Dolphins make their pick, the whole night comes to an end, We'll have coverage on pick thirteen. We'll have coverage on the McDaniel Greer joint press conference after the first round is over, and take a look at round two. On Friday, we'll go over the second third round pick the press conference again and do the same thing for Day three and run it back on Day three. Busy week of podcast here. We're going to have all the draft picks on the show as well, So plenty of content coming your way here covering all these players, all these picks as we take you right into OTA's into the summer, into training camp, and into the regular season. But until then, that's going to be my time. You all, please be sure subscribe, rate, review the show, follow me on social at Wingfold NFL. The team at Miami Dolphins. Check out the fish Tank podcast with Seth and Juice, the YouTube channel for Dolphins, HQ media availabilities, drive time interviews, and so much more. Last butt not least Miami Dolphins dot com. Until next time, Finn's up, Carolina Camera, Daddy, just come home.