Speaker 1: I have a small head, but the problem is I have a d in my head that makes sense. Nobody, bitch, what what's up? Y'all?
Speaker 2: It's your girl lex P.
Speaker 1: And it's your girls ra in the call and you.
Speaker 2: Are tuned in to another episode of Poor.
Speaker 1: Minds where a drunk mind speaks sober thought.
Speaker 2: We ain't got no guests today. We ain't got no guests today.
Speaker 1: I know. That's right. That's right, that's right. You know what. Though our intro sound like the beginning of a fire rap song, it is.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna We did say that on the last solo episode that we're gonna get.
Speaker 1: In the booth like y'all did not like y'all did not do y'all did not get in the booth be So obviously that's all right. I did it. I did so obviously.
Speaker 2: We just talked about this last week, but y'all know we were recording multiple episodes in the day, so we are still in shock.
Speaker 1: I shook it. Uh.
Speaker 2: We discussed it a little bit on the last week's episode, but I am just still upset. So y'all just have to bear with my energy today. I have a lot going on. Uh, but good news is. By the time y'all seen this, bro, you finished, deleted Hobby, deleite though, curse word, Hobby.
Speaker 1: You're fins off. Okay, m hmm, but you look nice. I like you.
Speaker 2: I am, and that's what I am. I'll always be an African queen and represent from my black people like I did in the booth.
Speaker 1: Amen I did too.
Speaker 2: I never want to watch an episode of I mean, the movie Coco ever again, because we know what they did. Poco Loco did not vote with us. It's not.
Speaker 1: I'm struggling. I see, we're not supposed to car deleted Hobby. That's gonna be the episode. Okay, But anyways, y'all because y'all delete because y'all was dead in the booth.
Speaker 2: No, we're not doing that. We're not doing that.
Speaker 1: The leading Hoby. Delete the whole, Delete the whole. Gosh.
Speaker 2: Okay. So by the time y'all see this, I will be back from vacation. But literally, I booked a flight.
Speaker 1: I'm leaving.
Speaker 2: I'm going on vacation. I'm going to Brazil for a week and I'm excited. I'm just the timing was perfect.
Speaker 1: What what okay? What you have? Like? Okay, we'll get it off you a little hard believe it. I ain't know what to do like you a little spicy today. I'm still I might get slept. You might know, you might get shank. You got a night you'd be walking around with me. I'm getting ready to go to London. No, you go into Brazil. Oh oh, I got a good idea.
Speaker 2: What man?
Speaker 1: I think you should do a video so beautiful because they know that's why they shot it dead. You should do that. That would go viral. I don't think about it. That ass on you that song Shorty got an ass onhu my hands on huhn on hou era? Still who that was?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Man? Right? It was? I thought so, I don't think that. I think it was. Let's do our research and we don't have a Google team. But she thicked in the lips like jack yo, and know what he said? Are in the hips? Yeah? Man? It was Come on man, okay, you know yo history? Do you did you vote? Go ahead by Gucci? Man? That is crazy, Gucci man, come on a fun fact about me. I'm an icy girl? Are you? Because you didn't know that that was his song? You know I did know. I think it's the teremna. This eating to me.
Speaker 2: So I bought the biggest bottle of tere mana yesterday because I went to an election party. I'm not kidding. It was about this big I'm not catching.
Speaker 1: No, we did it.
Speaker 2: I made some We had some Kamala retas and.
Speaker 1: They were actually really good.
Speaker 2: I took a h a page from Tar's book. I was bartending in there. I did my thing and they were really good. They drink them all.
Speaker 1: I know, that's right. Yeah, when you're getting your bartending bag, you get seen in the other day. Yeah. Yeah, you should have put the hair behind you. Yeah. Okay.
Speaker 2: So anyways, I have some things I want to talk about before we get to the topics today. First, let's do a ketchup. What you've been up to, what's going on? Let's see.
Speaker 1: You know. Wait, I ain't really been up to nothing. Money to be Yeah, I'm just taking it day by day. I can't believe these results. I am as appalled as you are. It's crazy times that were living in one thing. I will stay though. We have our passports and our shots, so we are we might go out the country and not come back. I'm going out. I got it one way. No, I know you leaving? Yeah, like you to go. I might have to come meet you. Let's do it, and we might have to build a new life outside of you know what. At this point, I feel like poor mind is a machine.
Speaker 2: It runs. I'm sure I can find a Brazilian hobby. Hobby is close to Brazilian anyway, Hobby? Where is a Hispanic? Is Hispanic name?
Speaker 1: Hobby? Got some good hair? I see? You know, I feel like ave is a Hispanic name. It is if that and if that can cook. She's a she's more of a T o a T. She's a T. You know.
Speaker 2: You know Tom, Tom knows how to shake a good mark.
Speaker 1: We can, we can, we can take this show.
Speaker 2: All of you guys, you down a wall, all ready to go.
Speaker 1: We don't have to change your name. No, that ain't gonna work. Who is what it is gonna mean? Aljando? Do y'all remember that song.
Speaker 2: A by Lady Goga a hand.
Speaker 1: You know that I love you lady?
Speaker 2: That she had a spar song. Alejandro, what.
Speaker 1: You know that I love you boy like Mexico When you never heard that song? Oh my god, I'm more of a bad romance girl. Anda La La.
Speaker 2: We're singing that today, Rama, Mama, I hate that, thank you of it because y'all be boy with me. I don't even even talk to y'all.
Speaker 1: Girl, because you always gotta take too. I feel like we be vibing and then you always then you always just found a fall until you love me.
Speaker 2: Papa, Papa, the hits, she just kept dropping his and she did not.
Speaker 1: Nine was a great year. And I remember that because Lady got got Huh she had a telephone, she had two what was the other one? Video phone and no telephone was one of them. It was telephone and video phone.
Speaker 2: Remixt just keep him dunking, uh huh that you won't.
Speaker 1: Me from horror, remember bet phone? Uh huh. You're hunting man, you know what? And I want to ever know where these conversations be.
Speaker 2: Okay, but let me just say this. We have to give Lady god Got her flowers because please fact check me because I may be wrong.
Speaker 1: I may be wrong.
Speaker 2: But before Lady Ga Gay, I don't think Beyonce had collaborated with any women yet outside of Destiny's Child up to that point.
Speaker 1: I could be wrong. I could be wrong.
Speaker 2: She had this slim thug bun be all that stuff because this was before she did the Nicki Minaj feeling myself.
Speaker 1: You need to stop playing around with all them clowns and wan girl. Focus, girls gotta keep down.
Speaker 2: With Okay, okay, but focused. What I'm saying is before before the lady guy got collabed. I think that was the first woman that kind of was like Beyonce was like, yeah with you, because Beyonce, don't.
Speaker 1: Do I'm feeling.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling a hub.
Speaker 1: That's why quiet as It's killed. That's they be hating on baby. What I do? I know you ain't judging me after that outburst you just said, and event gonna coast sign because if that that's because you'll both leo, she's co signing your boody. I sounded amazing. Oh come on a man, run telling me I need to stay focused and doing that is all right. What you were saying, what she was saying, you were saying, Oh why is this cub? That's why they hate They be hating on Meg, because heaven, Beyonce on a track is a big feet, no shade, no tea.
Speaker 2: Of all the New Girls, nobody has a Beyonce feature except for Meg. Now we gotta give that to her.
Speaker 1: We gotta give that, We gotta give everything to her. I love me some Meg And speaking.
Speaker 2: Of come on, let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: Let's get into the dots, because we ain't chatted about the dot. We haven't chatted about the dots. Chatted about the Dotshira and Missy Elliott, Shakira.
Speaker 2: And Missy Elliott before lady, Okay.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 2: Also, I let's not cute the drum. Okay, I forgot And what would.
Speaker 1: That fighting sensations? I'm just fighting sensation. And Missy Elliott wrote a lots and shout out to Free because that was the one song Free did and it was what is funny? First of all, that was no shade, I love me some Free like she she walked, so she walked so we could run and she never laughed at AJ with his lace front drig Okay, do you know how good of a Okay? But no, for real though, that was no shade like shout out to Free. I want me And you talked about this on a recent episode like I want to do a hit and it be like that hit. You know who else?
Speaker 2: You know who else had a hit? And hel who? Angie Martinez?
Speaker 1: Oh, good if I can go coko.
Speaker 2: Remember that song yas I first first it's ladies night. What it must be Angie on the mind like either right, Yo, I just made a move an icon and come sitting on the couch. Yes, ae and free and free and aj with your week.
Speaker 1: He ain't coming, he ain't coming, Okay, But.
Speaker 2: Back to the documentary. Let's talk about the document Let's chat about the have alopecia. That's fine, there's nothing wrong with having you know what, speaking of I'm.
Speaker 1: Not saying nothing wrong with him, but I'm saying.
Speaker 2: There's a there's a whole community of TikTokers that have millions of follower followers with alopecia, and they are so beautiful. They are I mean, she does her makeup so good. I wish I could shout out her name. I forgot.
Speaker 1: And there's so many girls with alopecia who like they rocky, They rocky, and they be rocking. I think, like, I don't think I could e a go ball. God you think so? Yes, I think it's all my head. Oh I gotta go that. I forgot.
Speaker 2: No, no, the funny no, first.
Speaker 1: Of all bach McDonald's first of all, Donald, Please bitch. First of all, first barbecue, honey, bugget Okay, okay, No, for real, dow, I I have a small head.
Speaker 2: Like whenever I get I do.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying my head all alice to be saying different. They always be like, your head is so small? You a shady beer. I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm listening, Drea. I promise I'm listening. I haven't said a word. I haven't said a thing.
Speaker 1: I'm on your ass likely. No, for real, do I have a small head. But the problem is I have a d in my head? That makes sense? Nobody, bitch? What No? I mean like that makes sense? Why you would never do like an extremely you know? They ain't say when you have a dinny your head. Your daddy was a freaky ass nigga. He was sixty nine. No, for real, No, I do like it's right here, it a little bit dip be low. Do you have a No, I don't. You don't. You don't have a soft spot. I have a beautiful head as bad. You know what's crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't remember when I went viral on Twitter along This was years ago. I went viral because they were calling me little head bait because my head looked small because I didn't have no wig or nothing on, like, oh, head looks small. It literally went viral. They were calling me little head bait. I'm so serious.
Speaker 1: That was because the otdo No. I mean maybe so, but I that's like, but no. But what I'm saying is, okay, why did you look at me like that?
Speaker 2: When I get my hair done, they say the same thing. You know, I just got that wig made. She was like, ooh girl, you have a small head.
Speaker 1: Every time. Oh you can have a small head, but I can't. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I didn't say you couldn't have a small head.
Speaker 1: That's nothing. I looked at you when I was listening. You took some no. You was like this, it's yeah. You was you. You wasn't believing. You wasn't feeling what I was saying. But that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: I do feel like your head used to appear smaller when your TVs they did and you had that short haircut. M I love that era.
Speaker 2: It was really like people say you look like Tony Wrexton.
Speaker 1: But it was really you. It was so crazy. Life had that short haircut.
Speaker 2: Life is so crazy because people always talk about my short haircut, how much they love it. And they're like, oh my god, Les, you were studdying breakdown.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: I was fucking like, let's just drink a little mimosa with bleach.
Speaker 1: That's what I was going through at that moment.
Speaker 2: So when people always bring yeah, yeah, let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: You want to chat. You wanted to have a chat about my short hair.
Speaker 2: That went let's let's talk.
Speaker 1: Let's talk. Excuse me, Oh yeah, you want.
Speaker 2: A chat, We're gonna have a chat.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No. I remember though. I remember when you called me and you had to cut your hair off, and I was like, okay, because remember I cut it, but your face is so beautiful, It's like unreal. I was like, Wow, you crazy as fuck, because miss why did you just cut your hair off? Spur and am me? I cut my hair looked so cute. I loved it. I cut my cue. Well.
Speaker 2: When I first cut my hair, I called you, but my hair was messed up because I don't know how to do hair. So once my sister heard me crying, she came upstairs.
Speaker 1: She was like, what did you just do? So my sister actually had to come and fix my hair. You thought she was a nigga from the Southwest, so big because you used to be gonna get edge of the design. I was like, girl, what the design is crazy?
Speaker 2: A design?
Speaker 1: Why would you just say that, I'm about to say, because I was about to say, child, do you lie? But I had a part? Have a video that had a part. I have a video in my phone. You definitely had a design.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a design. It was a part.
Speaker 1: A little.
Speaker 2: Moving on.
Speaker 1: You know how niggas be getting a little squiggily. I never had a squig. Never had a squig. I beg to do. I had a part. I had a part. That's not a design because who put apart in? No hair? Well, it was hair. I didn't have a fade. Why do you need a part? Because it was it was short and curly. It would look cute when I had the part and I would lay my edge and I would do a little you know, swoop with the edge so it looked cuter with the part. What do you party my hair? Because I was never bald a bit. The funny thing is, I'm talking shit, but I want to cut my hair off. I want a short haircut so bad.
Speaker 2: I hope that did just is shiny my din.
Speaker 1: Yes, it ain't gonna be that low Beach, I CEO Beach, I raise you one. Okay, Okay, let's let's take a pause. What's up y'all at your girl xp Andy Sugarl Dreana call.
Speaker 2: And y'all know, we love to talk to y'all about reaching your financial goals and becoming more responsible. So we're gonna tell y'all about Chime dot com.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love Chime, especially t free overdrafts, because if I don't have ten dollars, then why y'all think I got the fee fee?
Speaker 2: Yes, they have spotted members up to thirty billion dollars in overdraft fees. So I'm telling you, if you want to save money and do right by your finances, go to Chime dot com.
Speaker 1: And what I love about Chime is that you can get your money up to two days early with the direct deposit. Okay, I like that.
Speaker 2: So what you're gonna do is go to Chime dot com backslash poor minds that cchi dot com backslash poor minds. It takes two minutes to sign up, get your account today, period. Make your fall finances a little greener by working towards your financial goals with Chime. Open your account in just two minutes at chime dot com backslash poor minds. That's chime dot com backslash poor minds. Chime feels like progress.
Speaker 1: Banks, starver ssoning deb carr by the bank or bank in or stride bank in a members, FBI c Spotylgibili requirements and overdrivetmsply boos are available to egible shome members. Enroll in spot me at a subject to monthly limits. Terms conditions apply. Go to Shine dot com slash dis closures for details. Y'all, This sugarirl xp and is Schugarl jer and l the Call, and we are here.
Speaker 2: To tell y'all about our brand new ebook and e course a bundle or into your pod. Yes, y'all, we have been working on this for a while and we're so excited to put it out and give it to y'all because we know so many people have been asking us for such a long time about how to start a successful podcast, and we have literally put all of the information that we have in everything that we utilize into this one e book. Yes, and this is not your typical ebook, because I know what a lot of y'all are thinking, uh uh, But I'm telling y'all.
Speaker 1: We give y'all.
Speaker 2: Direct access to how we built our brand. It's not no fluffiness and all that what I've read in ebooks before. This is the ebook that gets straight to the point and gives you all the direction you need to start your podcast today.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and you can trust that we are putting one hundred percent good information, no filter into this book, and it's gonna help you build your brand. And it shows you exactly how we build poor Minds and made it into a six few year company.
Speaker 2: So make sure y'all had to poor minds dot com to purchase your ebook or the e course, and we also have it available in a bundle for you so you can get both poor Minds dot Com pour into your pod. I think we should talk about it's all right, event you can stay right there, shout out Event. That's our photographer. Y'all have seen a vent on Broken Play, but y'all have never seen Event on, And shout out.
Speaker 1: To Ev if you ever need a photographer here in Atlanta. She does all of our photos for the show. So any photos y'all see you on a poor Minds page. A bit is Responsible book, my Gurul book, A Black Woman in both for one. Hey, I'm with you when you're right. But let's go to another black woman. What's up? This was good? I like that like anyway. So this one is gonna be by the fireside because it's getting chilly. No, y'all be trying to snuggle up. I know y'all probably watch. Hopefully you watching this with you boo. If not, I don't know what to tell you. But this one's gonna be called by the fireside. You can use whatever spirit of choice, whether it's vodka, tequila, a bourbon goes nice in this. Even a little kognac goes nice in that you like it, Yeah, a little raspberry licorse the bus. That's what you need to name these dreams about to dam name to what I'm about the bud. Okay, this is the I'm about to buy. Wait what was it at first? Though? By the fireside? Nice and hold up own bus side. Incorporate both of them. I like that. I'm about to this. Hello, y'all. The drink of the day is I'm about to bust by the fireside. You can add in whatever spirit of choice you like, whatever's gonna help you bust quicker. Okay, we have a little raspberry liquor, no sublemon juice, and a little Demurrara syrup which is like a brown sugar based syrup. And then I actually floated a little bit of red wine. So definitely if you're trying to you know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: Bod the fireside. It's high and garnish it with a cinnamon stick. So cheers, y'all enjoying good. So Todd, We're gonna do a little update with Todd. What you've been up to everything? Yeah, about you? Books and bees literally everywhere, so of course, so mix he's doing great. We're being booked today. We love that. Keep on coming, y'all. Had a few people reach out from the show that they watch it, so that's amazing. I work with Crown Royal as a cultural educator for Atlanta, so that's keeping me busy. You can follow me at Crown Royalty at l there, but really we just elevating these cocktails every day and that's it. You'll be books in busy. And that's how I know my girl be getting a coin because she be there, but she don't be there, if that makes sense. You know I've seen so Mixy just did an event for Brady and to bed. Yeah, love to be We love Toabdi and Brady Brady love y'all. So yeah, she just had her going back to work party. It's so cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what we need to low key work on, like all four of us. We need to do a cocktail like table coffee book.
Speaker 1: You mentioned that. Let's do it, ladies. All right, Okay, back to the topic Meg. We didn't have no time. We did.
Speaker 2: We were talking about Meg's documentary because we never talked about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that was a good topic. So I watched it. I watched it and it was good. First of all, I loved it. It was so good. I love the animation. I feel like it added an extra element to the doc or whatever. And then also with her like being into anime, I thought that was like pretty cool to maybe like a little animation, and it just kind of gave people a little bit more insight to the things that happened who are like more visual people who need to kind of see exactly what happens. It's just so sad to me because that girl have been through so much and people are so focused on her line about fucking that nigga when at the end of the day, Yeah, did she lie about it on gil King, She did, but she admitted to it when it mattered, which was in court. But either way, I stand with her when she said people are loose. Stay focused, y'all. Stay focused. Y'all so worried about whether or not I fucked this nigga, this man shot me in the grand scheme of things, how much do it really matter that I was fucking him? And y'all care way less about the fact that he shot me. And then in the midst of all of this, I came around a bad group of people. I started being in a wrong company because I was going through she because I lost my mother. I didn't know where life was going. I didn't know what to do. I was just looking for help. I was looking for friendship in the wrong place. And you thought that this man was your friend, and he definitely was like taking advantage of you. But at the end of the day, I just think people need more empathy for the fact that, like this girl lost everybody in her life that held her down, everybody that loved her unconditionally, like her mother, her grandmother, her dad, Like this girl really going through life by herself. You just gotta GeTe And then she was young as fucked like Meg only what twenty nine right now, not even thirty year Yeah, she's not even thirty yet, this girl is not.
Speaker 2: So I'm glad you said that. Let's take that into account. This lady is not even thirty. Yeah, yeah, she's only twenty nine. So it's like, imagine the shit all of the mistakes we made in our twenties, all of the bullshit we did in our twenties, but it wasn't documented, it wasn't on a platform for the world to see, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And I just feel like, did she Like she had her faults and she had her shit that she did wrong too in the situation if we being honnies, But at the end of the day, like this lady have been through so much and has persevered, you know what I mean, Like, if anything, she should be a testament or a roll like I don't want to say a role model, but because you know, but a testament to persevering, yes, and still going and still making it through. That's so hard and unfortunately for both of us, we know what that's like too, to have to like keep going in the midst of loss in the midst of grief and losing somebody that's so close to you, and I just feel like people just be so hard on this girl all the time. And it really I always liked me, but it definitely made me have a really softer or even more soft spot for her.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna give my takeaways from a documentary.
Speaker 1: I have a few things I wanted to take away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one, of course, the main thing that broke my heart, which I'm gonna get into at the end of my little spill, the mother thing, of course. But one thing that broke my heart was if you notice in a documentary after everything happened when she fell out with Kelsey in the court, if you notice she didn't have any friends around her.
Speaker 1: Everybody around her were people that worked for her. So yeah, the.
Speaker 2: Only person that was around her that was like a friend was her cousin. And let me tell you, somebody that.
Speaker 1: Shout out to you, Beach, but you were real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so let me and let me say this.
Speaker 1: Herr her cousin is a real I really meant that.
Speaker 2: No, so let me finish, so I will say I say, it's so important all the time community when you're going through things, you need friends, you need your sisters, you need your aunties, you need your You cannot live this life without community. So the fact that I saw her, the fact that I saw her going through this and she didn't have community, what made me really sad.
Speaker 1: Another thing that I noticed.
Speaker 2: Specifically, remember her performing her anxiety song and she's on stage and she's performing, she's giving her and she's crying, and it made me cry because she started saying that part if I could write a letter to Heaven, you know, and she's like talking to her mom and she's just like, Mom, what am I doing? And I felt that because I've been there. And when she got off stage, everybody around her she was like, oh, did I look pretty? And she's just trying to have a moment because she's trying to cheer herself up. Everybody was like, oh, you did so good. Not one person grabbed her and hugged her, not one person and sometimes and in that moment, she didn't need to be Megan the Stallion. She needed to be Megan Pete and she needed a fucking hug. So let me say this. On top of that, the one person that I saw around her that we see that it's always been Oh my god, this woman is a machine that poured into her every time Glauri and fucking Gibson. She was constantly pouring into her and telling her how great. The reason that Meghan is so great, it's because she's Megan and she's herself. But Laurie Ann, who has created superstars, who has been in this industry, we interviewed her when we were in LA and.
Speaker 1: I'm not like funny.
Speaker 2: If you've ever been in the presence of somebody who has done great things and they're just great, being around them, you feel something like when Laurie walked up to me, it was just like, oh my god. And the way she even spoke life into us. She was like, you ladies, y'all are doing it. Y'all are beautiful. And that was the first time she met us. She was like, this is the best interview I did all day. She was like, so, everybody say, the way that Laurie Anne poured into her was very important to me, and that suck out to me. I got two more points, and I know I'm getting long winded. Second point was.
Speaker 1: Speak your peace. I am so.
Speaker 2: Glad that she showed the depths of her and Kelsey's relationship because everybody was like, oh, Meg wrong because she was having said Tory they doing that?
Speaker 1: Was it wrong? Yes, And we're not taking away that I don't know who did. But at the end of the day, we don't know who was doing what first, or what We don't know nothing about nothing all we know. We don't know nothing we can We're only going by he says. She says, But what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Is, at the end of the day, it was weird and it was wrong because if y'all are friends, why are y'all hopping on the same X y Z. But I mean that's the and that's where I'm like, yeah, so, but let me finish.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: But my thing is because I've had somebody do this to me, for Kelsey to sit on that camera and cry about Miss Holly and say, me and Megan have been through the dirt and the trenches and when we she said, not when Meg, she said, when we lost Miss Holly, I knew I had to be here.
Speaker 1: So instead of you being by her side, you chose to take some hush money and get on that stand and not say nothing, because at the end of the day, that may do you wrong from what it comes to be.
Speaker 2: But let me tell you if that would have been.
Speaker 1: Me and Dre in that situation, first of all, that nigga would have been beat the fuck up, because ain't nobody finna pull out a gun on my friend. Somebody finish somebody gonna die tonight shout out to fifty sor if that was the situation to say, I'm having a messing with somebody, then drag go back though and she messing with him and it comes out in the car and the same thing happens. Don't care. I'm sitting on that stand and I'm telling him what he did. Now, I ain't I made sure use to never talk to you again, But deep down inside, I know what you're going through because you're going through a lot, and you've been drinking a lot and you're struggling. So I forgive you for my piece, but I'm never gonna talk to you again.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna sit on that stand and I'm gonna give you justice because no matter what, you did not deserve to almost if.
Speaker 1: That bullet would have hit a foot higher, it could have hit an artery and that woman would have died, and the narrative would have been y'all would have needed Meg to die for y'all to care dance beat. She's crazy exactly so because what nigga, And that's probably how she responded, so because like, nigga, what are you talking about? Because I want to get out the car.
Speaker 2: And like I said, third and my last point about Kelsey, and I'm glad that she focused on that.
Speaker 1: It's just being that.
Speaker 2: Like I said, it taught me how scary people are because everybody.
Speaker 1: Has you best entries.
Speaker 2: And I've lost when like I said, I had somebody look at me in my face and said, when your mom passed, I felt like she told me to watch over you. And this person did the worst don't piss me off, worst things to me that I've ever endured and encountered.
Speaker 1: Sol Please don't piece me off. Well, no, I'm just saying no, I'm talking about it. It was a guy.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about what she was saying the same. Yeah, it was kind of the same. I had a lot of people the year my mom passed.
Speaker 1: And I had to get out of my mom always told me hate this is a strong word. I don't hate her. I strongly dislike, strongly disliked it.
Speaker 2: But I'll say this about Kelsey. I'm glad that she showed that because there was a lot of things that the stands and fans wanted her to focus on. She didn't post like the beef with Nikki, she didn't post her with party because none of that matters. Yeah, what hurt her was that Kelsey sat on that stand and act like you didn't know nothing, and I could have lost my life and no matter what beef or whatever transpired, you could have served justice and made sure that justice was served a lot easier.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what justice was her? It was No I'm saying you know what justice was her. At the end of the day, losers gonna be losers only for you to be online, take a whole photo shoot with Nikki shoes, and Nikki to come out and say I didn't ask her to do that. Because one thing I can say about.
Speaker 2: Nicki Nikki on tour, she doing her thing like you were trying to be shaity. You thought Nikki was Finn the key key with you, but that and shout out to Nikky. We love us some meg and we love us an.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't choose sides over here, hotfully, I really hope they can get cool at some point, because a collab would be fine. Her Girl Summer was a bop and we need to run it back a collab, a new collab. But either way, if.
Speaker 2: Last point I want to make you called me, well, no, I think I called. We talked the next day, maybe after the documentary.
Speaker 1: No, because I hadn't I don't think I have Oh oh yeah, I hadn't watched the Egg. Yeah, but you were your reaction, Oh my god, Please, I don't want to get emotional. This is not bach. I make up then and I got last's on. I don't want to. I don't want to get emotional. But like your your wait, maybe it's the leak.
Speaker 2: You don't be crying for real, Like what the going on?
Speaker 1: Okay? So like your response was just so thank you, Ty. Your response was just so triggering for me because oh my god, what No, you want to start crying to my tears don't fall me? Oh my god. Okay. So maybe this is a good thing because a lot of people don't really see this side. Yeah, okay, so people think I don't have the side which you see this side of me all the time.
Speaker 2: But we needed to talk about it.
Speaker 1: So you've been through so much. We both have, you know, like losing my dad was so fucking hard, and then it's like I kind of was prepared for it a little bit because I knew my dad was sick, but like still when it happened, it was like what the fuck? Yeah, yeah, you know, crazy thing about me. I recorded the same day, and then we didn't talk about it for like two months or whatever. A lot of people didn't even know because I'm just that type of person. I'm like I got to keep myself busy to keep my mind off of things. So I feel like for a long time, I didn't even deal with the death of my dad. And so right when I felt like we was kind of like get into a good space with the head, like the situation which your mom happened, which was like so fucking crazy still to this day, because it just happened. I don't know it. Yeah, yeah, we was all so fucking shocked, and like, so when you called me about the documentary, I was just like, oh, like it was so triggering because I could tell you was really like experiencing it all over because you and men kind of have like the same story a little bit. You know, and it was just like, I don't know, bro, I just be feeling for you so bad because I know, like the thing with me is it's not to say that I don't I don't go through the same things and like miss my dad and but I just feel like me and you are just so different, Like I'm a little bit more like hard yeah yeah, you know, like I go through it, but I'm just able to like maneuver, yeah, and I feel like for you, it's like a little bit harder. And which is so crazy because I think when people see us, like you're older than me, you you the think you you to stay in like people think that you're gonna be like the tougher one, but in reality it's me, Like I feel like I'm like your little and I just always worry about you. I guess it's what I was my whole point in saying all of these. I just always worry about you because I'm okay. Yeah, Like I'm at a point where I have accepted it and I've accepted what it is, and I'm okay. Like I have my moments where I'm sad and I some days I don't want to get out of bed still too but I'm okay with you. I just don't never know if you're gonna be okay, and it worries me so much. Also, I'm never gonna like to tell your business. But like even when it first happened, like what you shared with me, I was.
Speaker 2: Just like, yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: I think it was a lot for everybody around well, even like because you was like, I'm so glad that you came. Yeah, yeah, yeah, when you came, and I'm just like, yeah, it just always scared. I just never know.
Speaker 2: I think I think with this and like I said, I've worked through a lot of things, and with the documentary, it was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: Shocking because I went through the same thing. You know, Meg lost her dad at a young age. I lost my dad at a young age. And you know, when you when you don't have two parents and you have one parent that I mean, my mom would if you if y'all go scroll back far enough, y'all can literally go in eighty five South comments and see my mom and they're arguing down when you have somebody.
Speaker 1: The last post on your mom's page and.
Speaker 2: Literally me Her and Ryan, and when you have a parent that just believed in you and would go to war about you and was your best friend and your everything. So the way that Megan's relationship was with her mom, I saw that because her mom was.
Speaker 1: Like twirk uh dance shake that ass.
Speaker 2: My mom was like the same thing with like when you go and you crack them jokes like you need to be like you can't.
Speaker 1: You know she used to.
Speaker 2: They used to call my mom like, oh, Lex got a potty mouth. And they wouldn't call me legs. You know, they would be like, you know, she got a potty mouth and she's.
Speaker 1: So she doing her thing. Let her do her and shout out to mothers like that. Because I feel like my mom liked that. Yeah, like she come to all our shows. She'd be there, like, shout out to having mothers that support your dreams and your virgin and your mom was a real wins.
Speaker 2: So the fact that when meg lost her mom, she kind of had to she couldn't stop.
Speaker 1: And I know that feeling because.
Speaker 2: I had nothing, and when I moved out to Atlanta was like, oh my god, we're getting ready to go on tour. I could not stop because not only was it I have a business partner, I have a team around me. I got people that got to get paid, And I knew the same thing that Meg said. If I would have stayed home and cried for the summer, my mom would have been so mad at me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she would have been.
Speaker 2: Like, what the act did you learn anything from me, you dumb ass beach. That's exactly what she would have said. And so I understood that feeling of I have to keep going because this is what you prepared me for and this is what you said I was built for.
Speaker 1: But also it's like you have no guidance. I have no guidance. You really okay? So like, oh my god, I don't want to start crying, like lord please, you really broke my heart when you was like, I just feel like everybody around me that can like call people, yeah, you know, like you even with me, like it's like, okay, my dad did pass away, but I can still call my mom, you know. So you were like everybody around me, like, if y'all going through something, if y'are dealing with something, you can call people, be trying to get on Google, and I'm and when I was talking about that, I'm talking about but that was such I mean, it's real, real thing, because I feel like so many people you like, are are dealing with that. Like it's like, what the fuck do I do?
Speaker 2: As we're being I'm sorry, don't mean to inter but as we're adults. We're adults, right, So you go to the doctor or your emergency contact you like, oh mom, when was the last time? Or oh man, what's my blood type? Oh man, what's this?
Speaker 1: Mam? What's that? What's the I don't I don't get that. Yeah, And it hits.
Speaker 2: Me all the time, like when whenever my health had went to shit, I'm trying to figure out X y Z, and I'm like, fuck, this is stuff that my mom knows I don't have.
Speaker 1: I got to get on Google.
Speaker 2: When I'm trying to figure out stuff with my taxes, stuff with her house, or stuff with medical and this and that, I gotta get on fucking Google, or I gotta call and hope my sister can help me with something.
Speaker 1: But shit, she got she got two kids, she got a husband, she got you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So it's just like I have to navigate this alone. And I'm sorry, but and I say, because I'm watching Meg and I'm watching her and I'm not even on nowhere near the level of her, and I'm watching her become a global superstar. Because also when you make money, you gotta learn how to keep it. You gotta learn how to multiply it. You gotta learn how not to lose it. You gotta learn all this stuff. So on top of being relevant and making good music, having good episodes, dropping good episodes, I'm trying to learn how to make money now.
Speaker 1: And all I was gonna say, like, I'm not, you know, trying to cut you off or anything, but like be shout out to you, Shout out to it, Shout out to you too, Shout out to you too, tied because I think we may have talked about this one episode. I can't remember. I think we did talk to you about this on the episode though, but I know you lost your mom too, And shout out to y'all and shout out to me, because all y'all doing a great job. Y'all moms would be so proud of y'all.
Speaker 2: Like, and even when you.
Speaker 1: Doubt yourself, I just always be wanting to let you know, like, be you doing a good job like you are at the end of the day, we have been dealt unfair cards. I think anybody that lost one of their parents at a young age, has been dealt an unfair hand, you know what I mean. But we doing the best with the cards that we've been dealed, and that's all we could do. You know, it's unfortunate. It's like people who get to grow all with their parents. You're so lucky, and y'all don't really y'all do not realize how amazing that is and what a blessing that is, you know what I mean, Because it's hard out here, like losing your parents. You do be feeling like, how the fuck am I supposed to keep going? How am I supposed to go on in life? Like I don't know if I'm doing the right thing. And it's like the same thing you said with your mom. That's how I be feeling about my dad. Losing my dad, Like me and my dad were so close. Yeah, he always had my back, he was always there for me. I could always call him right or wrong. He always had my back and always had my best interest. And it's just hard. Yeah, it's a hard thing.
Speaker 2: And like I said the last point, I wanted to hate.
Speaker 1: I hate that this conversation went here because I know you don't like talking about it. I can't feel about your face too. No, it's okay.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to finish my thought and the last like I said, the last thing, I'll say, then we can wrap this up and move on. When Meg said, what does she say? She said, you know, you can be doing all these amazing things and you're so used to having your mom and your parents be like, Okay.
Speaker 1: You're doing a good job. You're doing a good job.
Speaker 2: So it hits a little different when you don't have that like somebody who literally pushed you out and you don't get that, you know what I'm saying, Like I say all that to say, it just be hard because.
Speaker 1: You're like, but am I doing a good job?
Speaker 2: Because the person who raised you, who saw you through all all your chapters, all they see that growth and they see like, you know, you see me from you know, twenty six, twenty seven to now.
Speaker 1: Which is a lot of growth, by the way, but you know on you since it was twenty five.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, a lot of growth, so ten years now. But sometimes like when I'm not when I'm doing something that everybody looks like as right, my mom was there to be like this, Yeah, that ain't it, And so you're like, am I doing a good job?
Speaker 1: Though? Like am I?
Speaker 2: Cause like I said, I don't have that.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: You don't you need that motherly guidance. I don't have that motherly guidance. And I think that's what broke my heart because it's I could never be Meg because I get hundreds of people saying mean things to me, and I'll be ready to break down. Imagine millions of people on the internet tearing you down, and all youre trying to do is grieve your mother. All you was trying to do is go out and have a good time. If somebody shot you, all you're trying to do is just do what you want for a living. All you're just trying to do is fucking exist in this world.
Speaker 1: And this world is hard. It's hard to exist.
Speaker 2: So to close the documentary out it was great. I think it humanized Meg a lot. And I'm not saying if you don't like her or whatever, that's your opinion. But to people that have lost dads, mothers and we still have to show up to do our job, just go a little bit easy on people. All that comments that y'all be saying I be sometimes like when the documentary jobs, I searched to end her words hashtag because I knew we were gonna talk about on the show.
Speaker 1: It was I saw some nasty things. I mean, and I'm gonna say this too because not that I care that much, because again, I feel like I'm a very like, strong, resilient person. But I feel like the the response that you get with you losing your mom is not the same response I get with me losing my dad. Really no, because I feel like you get such an outpour and good love all the time from listeners from people like, oh, Lex, I feel like you know you're doing such a great job and you lost your mom or whatever, and b ch, I never get did well.
Speaker 2: You know what, people don't understand how close you and your dad were, because.
Speaker 1: How bitch I have that? Nigga? No, no, I know.
Speaker 2: But what I'm say I'm saying is people perceive, you know, like we were talking about with him last week, people think that dad's aren't in the home or they don't so they assumed they don't know how much your dad loved you and how close y'all were. Yeah, so that's not nothing to do with you that's more so how people perceive black no.
Speaker 1: No, And that's the thing I was gonna say, friend, I don't take it personally, yeah yeah, But it's the reason that I brought it up is because it's just interesting to me, Like it's interesting that we've both been through technically the same thing, you know what I mean, Like, no, it wasn't my mom, but it was my dad, And like I knew this nigga my whole life, Like I never knew a life without him. I never knew a life where I couldn't call my dad, talk to him, go see him whatever. And then I lost this person. But it's just interesting the difference in support that we get, you know, like you losing your mom versus me losing my dad. It's just interesting when I be peeping it from like the comments and all of that stuff. It's just an interesting thing. It's interesting because I think people don't feel like they need to offer the same support, like you said, when you lose your dad versus when you lose your mom. It's like when it's your mom, it's like, oh my god. I think it's like because she cares you. It's just a different type of relationship. It's a different type of relationship, and I think it's different with men. But to me, that's sad. And going back to the conversation that we had with the ball, I mean the bell, It's like, why though, men, men who are present in the home, men who are real fathers. When you lose your dad, it's the same effect on the person. It's the same thing. It's a it's a huge loss. But why, I mean because I'm close to you and I.
Speaker 2: Saw how bad it was. I saw how bad it was for you. Yeah, And like I said, I think that's more of just like a community thing and just I think it's how we present as well. I was like, you're you're strong, and theyve My sister is the same way in the family. When we going around the family, everybody be crowding around me because I'm just I've always been open about my struggles and I'm sensitive, but I'm always like, if I'm going through it, I'll let you know. My sister is very much like, I gotta pick it up. I got two boys. I gotta keep it pushing that tourist energy. She's like, I gotta keep it pushing, like I can't stop. I can't which we're both the same like that. But my sister's just.
Speaker 1: Like I was gonna say, give yourself a little more credit because you are like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I am like that to a certain extent.
Speaker 1: I like you. I think you like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah you don't.
Speaker 1: Go home and yeah, I'm definitely gonna go home and craft. But but one thing I will say about you thought, no, I'm getting the boot bitch y'all didn't. I'm not doing with y'all yet.
Speaker 2: But I would need it though, because everybody's like, oh, d don't give a fuck about nothing. She's strong. She did she that, so not saying I thought, but still I definitely a few like I never I never thought about that, But now that you say that, it does make sense.
Speaker 1: But like I said, I.
Speaker 2: Think that's just how people perceive us. But that goes with people just they know you online and they don't know you in real life. Because I know how close you and your dad were. I saw how it affects you. I saw it still affects you. You know, you still have your days. We both still have our days. Like like I said, the day you called me and you were like, girl, I'm just checking on you. Cause where you've been, I know something going on because you just know me and you were like I'm I know you.
Speaker 1: And then anytime you are a person unfortunately where I won't say everybody but people that know you can look at your social media until when you're not in a good space. Well like what that's something about you that has been that way forever, like ever since I've known you, Like bitch, I can get on your I can get on your Instagram, I can get on your Twitter, and I know when my friend not in a good mood, like I know when you. I know when you dealing with something. I know when you're going through something. So but you also you're an interesting person because you're a person where it's like people got to check on you. People also gotta give you your space. Yeah, so whenever you say stuff online and I know you going through something, I will check on you. But then I'll also be trying to give you time.
Speaker 2: And I think with social media too, you everybody knows it's about me too. I've always hate I don't like social media.
Speaker 1: So it's like I'll be.
Speaker 2: Active on there now because it's my job and I have to. So when I'm like extremely active and I'm like doing my job. It's because like I'm laughing, I'm joking, I'm having fun. But like when I do like the bare minimum, that's when I just be like, I hate this. I hate talking to y'all. I hate everything. I hate you know. So I think like with social media, like you can tell you because you know me, but people will be you know, they just a lex me and goofy lex me and silly lets me and x y z because.
Speaker 1: Silly because sometimes you tweet a lot of the time. For me, you tweet like, well I'll sit yeah, but you will say, like.
Speaker 2: I mean, but one thing I will say, I do tweet about my mom all the time. Ye I'll be like I miss my mom, Like oh my god, I cannot like because I'll be in the best space in my life and then I'll just be thinking about my mom and I all like tweet that. So I think that's why they don't notice it. But you can tell the difference in my tone like just because like I said, you know me, but other people like.
Speaker 1: They don't be knowing. They don't see it. And it's crazy because we're gonna move on. But I mean, it's fine. I think this was a really good conversation.
Speaker 2: But I will say when that documentary drop, When that documentary job, y'all, don't. I got so many messages. I got so many message just from a lot of people that went to that first tour. And it was one girl who messaged me. She was like, lex, I don't know if you remember, but it was right whenever your mom had passed. I don't mean to bring it up, but she was like, I was in the audience and I remember somebody asked you, like how you were doing and you had to get off stage. She was like, and I'm waiting on the side. She was like, and I saw the guy hug you. She told about Ryan, because like, uh oh, I don't want to get emotional, but like when I ran off of stage or Ryan just hug me.
Speaker 1: And it made me sad because.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I thought in that moment about Meg, I'm like, when you run off stage and you're overwhelmed. I needed that hug and the fact that nobody was there to hug her it made me so sad. And one thing I can say that I'm grateful for is because I get to do this with you. I got girl, nobody it's the truth. Though I had to go on tour Goodness and I'm struggling. I'm having breakdowns every day. But I got somebody knocking on my door.
Speaker 1: Like what you need?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm here. Yeah, and I And, like I said, I know, I keep bringing it back to me because I really wanted to talk about this because I hate the way people treat her, because y'all don't know how it feels to not have nothing. Yeah, and the fact that well no, let me know when I say nothing, Well no, well let me say this. They don't know what it's like to not have nothing, but look like you have everything everything. And I think that's where people lack empathy. People like us, people like me beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's like, what, bro, how are you complaining when you have this platform and you're doing X, Y and Z and all of these people are watching you. Y'all are successful, and y'all making money and y'all are beautiful, Like, what the fuck are y'all complaining about? Perception is everything? Yeah, that's where that's where people lack empathy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I, like I said, I hate the way that they treat her, But my heart goes out to her because she was on tour by herself, and that's the point I was making. That's why I was like, I didn't have to go on tour by myself.
Speaker 1: I have my sister with me, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like I obviously like you're like you're not. It's beyond business, it's beyond a friendship, like you're like my family. Like And when I think about that tour, and when I think about that whole year, it was such a blur for me. But I think about how I was on the edge and I was there, and I was like, there's no point. I don't have no point, and but I could just like I could wake up and I could get through the day because like I had somebody to pick me up.
Speaker 1: I had that.
Speaker 2: I had that community. And I don't have a big community still to this day.
Speaker 1: I don't because you don't need one.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't need one, but I didn't have one because that year when I lost my mother, I had people, like I said, look at me in my face and say things only to stab me in the back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I say all that to say because this documentary made me realize how evil people can be just because, like you said, they think that they have it all, but like I said, my heart goes out to make because she didn't have a community. And when, like I said, the biggest part that stuck out to me was when she walked backstage after that performance and not one person hugged her. And it broke my heart because when I walked backstage, I had somebody there that I met him through work, but he flew his ass out to Houston and drove to Orange and was at my mom's memorial like I had that everybody like showed up for me. Everybody showed up for me, And yeah, my heart broke for her. But I think that, like I said, if you're indifferent about Meg, you don't like. I'm not saying you have to like her, but just give people a break. We're all human. Life is hard for all of us. I don't care how much money you got. I don't care how beautiful you are. I don't care here any king your race. Life is fucking hard. Give people a break.
Speaker 1: Yet he was some grace, you know, because this shit.
Speaker 2: Is and and also and like I said, especially for you. And I want to say this to you because I talked about this even when your dad passed. I ain't never seen no shit like that in my life because when my mom passed, bitch, I canceled the photo shoot.
Speaker 1: I canceled the photo shoot.
Speaker 2: We had a photo shoot that day. I was driving to the photo shoot, about to go to area and I and my sister called me and I literally had to pull on the side of the road. I pulled in the gas station and I just broke down. I called Dre. I was screaming. I said, I don't know, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: It was such a blur, but I remember what you said. It was just kind of like you didn't know if your mom was okay because y'all talking to rout chair all the time. And I'm just like, oh, you know, just me because one thing about me, y'all I'm always like optimistic, her overly optimistic, over manifested, Like that's just me, Like everything everything is gonna be okay, it's fine. And so I'm just like, oh, friend, like it's fine. Maybe her phone dead, Like I just knew it. Yeah, And you said that. I just knew you said that, And like, my god, this is just such an emotional It was because I don't want to start crying again, be like you did. You was like, I just know something is wrong, like I know something is wrong. And I was just like, no, it's fine, Like it's fine, like maybe her phone is dead, like she's okay whatever, And then you ended up was you was like, Oh, my sister's gonna do a wellness check or whatever. She's gonna get the police to go or emergency people to go do a willness chick. And then they went did the wellness chick and he called me back. He was just screaming, and I just knew what it was, you know, like it was just.
Speaker 2: Crazy and like And that's why I'm saying as far as you, because like the morning you called me, you were crying and I was like.
Speaker 1: No, I was a circle. I was, ay, no, that's what I'm saying. You were that's my friend, I know, because you.
Speaker 2: Were crying and you were like I couldn't understand you. And I kept saying what, Dre. I kept saying what, and you would I'm like what, I'm like, what is going on? I couldn't hear like you just kept you were saying something. I'm just like, Drea, please, I said, please just breathe and slow down, and you finally like got it out and you said it, and I said, Okay, we don't have to record today, we don't. You said no, We're still going to go to the studio, and I'm like, what the actual fuck? Like I tried to cancel.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, no, you were very I was like, no, we're.
Speaker 2: Not going to this. I'm like, bro, we're not going to record. We're not going You're like, no, we got to go record because this is during the time this was.
Speaker 1: I mean, we didn't have We used to record on Mondays. Yeah, on Wednesdays. Yeah, we hadn't. We hadn't work. We had it did the eighty five episode where like the ship went viral. Yeah, we had to just talking to on the episode with the bell like we hadn't need the eighty five episode, it was just us. We was in a BOOTHBA. We was in the booth Unmike y'all, and like they was used to like getting episodes every week. So I'm just like I was willing to go.
Speaker 2: I was like, me and Marine can do the episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, but you showed up because I couldn't show up.
Speaker 1: And people still to this day, like when I talk about that situation, because even if you go back and watch it, you are always like you would never know. Dre just found that out.
Speaker 2: So I think, like I said, when anybody has lost anybody, y'all have to be just nice and stop just assuming things. And we are more all of the stories. We all going through it. So thank you Meg for being vulnerable and being open. It's not easy. We rarely talk about our parents on the show. We'll crack a little joke oop here and there. But I think the world needed to see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think people never really see us talk about it for I mean, they saw a little bit on the Melissa episode that I feel the first time we talked it. Yeah, but I feel like I didn't really get that emotional on this episode. But I just get emotional when it comes to you in the situation because like I said earlier, for me as your friend, as one of your best friends, I and I feel like out of all of your best friends, I'm around you the most. Yeah, because I'm out here believe they all the rest of them live in Houston, So it's like I see you every day and like I just don't even knowing if you Yeah, I mean, and it stressed me out because It's always like a thing that I'm always thinking about. Like whenever I'm not around you, I just be like, oh, I wonder it. Really it's okay, and that's the fair.
Speaker 2: And like I said, I'm not I appreciate you for that. I mean my fa the same way my sister be having whole breakdowns cause she'd be like instoer the phone or this and that, and I'll.
Speaker 1: Just be like, no, if you wanted them people to like, yes, I'll be just when you don't answer the phone, I'll be like, oh no, let me call again. Yeah, okay, dark humor never relax. No, I mean we both have dark humor, so I get like I can laugh for I know. But but I'll say this other victory all people. But I'll say this.
Speaker 2: I will say this, I think I have come a long way with my mental health and my journey. And I will say I know I understand now that I'm more blessed than I'm not. I am more blessed than I am not. And like I said, I think this sometimes it sounds so weird. And I remember talking to you on the phone the other day when you called me, you were like and I was just crying and I'm like, I know it sounds so stupid because I'm crying over this Meg documentary and I don't even know her, but I'm like, certain things will trigger you, and certain things will make you realize things and see things.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, and in this moment, Meg, I'm thinking she has the world.
Speaker 2: She got Grammy, she got me say, and I'm looking in this moment as somebody who has no parents either, I got half the shit she got. And I'm feeling sorry for her because all the things in the world, and you couldn't get a hug, Fitch, they couldn't hug you. You couldn't get a hug. And one thing about it, I got plenty people to hug me now and that's a blessing.
Speaker 1: And I hate the fact that she she has.
Speaker 2: To practice discernment now, she has to watch she was around her, But I think that was maybe a lesson that she needed to learn because she's young, she's not even thirty yet. The fact that she's going through this. I lost my mom when I was with thirty two thirty three. I lost it as a full blown woman. I know what is going on, and I was still going through it. So the fact that she lost her mom so young, and she has to navigate an industry that's actually worse than our industry. The music industry is horrible and she's navigating that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but to be tvh same thing, sigme thing, music industry, media industry is all the same. Like I feel like it all missions together. What's so the sponsored by Better Help? What's up y'all? As your girl XP and it is your girls are gonna.
Speaker 2: Call y'all know every week we have to tell y'all it is time to sign up for therapy. We always talk about thanking our therapists, but we also need to thank ourselves.
Speaker 1: For taking that step and getting help. Yes. And with the weather change and the season change, y'all know, seasonal depression is falling up on us. So make sure you take care of yourself. And what I love about Better Help is that it's so easy to sign up. It's very very affordable, and you can change therapies if you need to.
Speaker 2: Yes, so are you gonna do? It's go to better help dot com. That's better h e LP dot com. Backslash poor Minds and get ten percent off of your first month.
Speaker 1: Let gratitude flow with better help.
Speaker 2: Is it better help dot com slash poor minds today to get ten percent off of your first month? That's better help hch lp dot com slash poor minds. Okay, so topic to.
Speaker 1: Are we going to whoop our kids? A little? Bilt to ask? Ain't never hurt nobody? I mean it hurt a little bit. Did I get whoopings? How did you get whoopings? BITCHA got but I got them now, bitch, I got hello whoopings. Let me tell you, I have vivid memories of whoopings, and that's why I think they were. Did they because it's yeah, because it's certain ones I remember, and it still put the fear of God in me. Like I got whooped one time in the bathtub. I no matter for belt, bitch, yes don't. No matter how long I live, I will never forget that ass whop me. Ma Mama said she had said something to me. Now, what I will say is I don't remember all of the context of the conversation, but she says something to me, and I was like, girl, whatever in a please? Whatever? In the back in the bath why even taking a bag? How old were you? I had to be like between eight and teen? Bad between eighteen, but she was. She was saying something and I was like, girl, whatever, And I remember I heard my daddy y'all because and maybe that's one of the main reasons why I missed my dad so much, because that was my nigga. Like when I say always had my back my mama, I heard her say, oh, hell Na, and my daddy was like, wait a minute, wait a minute, just calm down. Down. She was like, no, I'm about the whoop plass.
Speaker 2: She was tired of you because you always used to run to your daddy.
Speaker 1: My dad was my daddy. Yeah, he used to always like have my bag. Like. My dad was the reason that I didn't get a lot of whooping because he would talk my mama down. So he so he was like, no, just calmed I could hear it. I was like he was like, no, just calmed down. I was in, yeah, she ain't gonna come in here.
Speaker 2: Worried about her.
Speaker 1: And then she came in there when you was wet and I was wet and naked, naked and afraid. That was me eb She was the first season. I was the first season of Naked in a Fray Bitch. What they talk about right now? Okay, So let's go back to two thousand and one. Are you gonna whoop your kids?
Speaker 2: Though? Whenever you have home? Exactly? I want to try, because like.
Speaker 1: It was more it was more frightening than anything, but not frightening enough to where I still wasn't gonna cut up. That's what I'm saying, like I'm not gonna lie. I vividly remember the whoopings, but it stopped me from being bad. No, you know what really stopped me more when I would get shipped taken away, Like when I would get punished and my mom would take well, she would be like, are we taking your TV? Got your room? You couldn't watch smart girl? Life is about the end? Or why does she see that intro? So bad?
Speaker 2: She's saying really bad on that intro? Who was that?
Speaker 1: I don't know? I know the master TJ. Henderson, super intelligent and fine, young gentleman. Why do you remember that the girl was so bad? I do not even remember that she. But Tina is what fucked me up. That was my she, Tina, And as told by Gingers, it's always green. It was. I mean, that's what really used to that, not being able to play snake on my Nokia Yo. Okay, hey, so it's just like that used to fuck me up more than anything, and that's not being able to go outside all hang out with my friend.
Speaker 2: I can go to the scale.
Speaker 1: I used to think my world was gonna end, and especially when you go to school on Monday and it was like, oh, yeah, we had such a good time and you just sitting there like, can't relate. I'm so lame. But okay, but I'm not whooping my kids. I have two nephews, okay, and one of them back Jackson and Rode.
Speaker 2: Right, I can. I made why you don't want to whoop the bad because let me tell you why. I let me tell you how you sed to spank Jackson.
Speaker 1: You always say he bed.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you how you sued to spank Jackson. I used to be like this, and that's what I would do to him, and it wasn't a spanking for real. But I couldn't spank him because he was just my sweet that's my I will cry my sweet baby.
Speaker 1: But you always say he's sweet and right. I never I never spank Jackson.
Speaker 2: My sister. My sister don't spank either one of them. Never spank Jackson.
Speaker 1: And when I tell you now, he's still a kid, you know he's still but he's so.
Speaker 2: Well behaved, he's so respectful. He's an angel walking this earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the sweetest baby.
Speaker 2: And I never until this day Jackson, Yes, ma'am, No, ma'am yet angel baby.
Speaker 1: Rod Junior, that little one. It's something about that second child. Know you're the oldest nigga.
Speaker 2: Still bad, shit don't work, nothing.
Speaker 1: Works and bad. And I was the only child, baddest, fuzzed. Nothing works, bad, nothing bad. So I feel like, honestly, it doesn't matter. It matters more about the child. Yeah, but spanking, it don't really do it, don't really do too much.
Speaker 2: It don't do too much.
Speaker 1: If anything traumatized your kid. I was like, I still to this day, my mama used to somebody go like, hey, what's up, drag You'd be like, I'm telling you. Me and my mama used to be in a car together. I'll never forget it was another time. At this point, I'm like fourteen, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was in ho That's when that ass started coming in.
Speaker 1: I was in the car with my mama. She said something to me. I said something back. She ain't like she you helped me in them off. So like still to this day, when I be in a car with her and she say something, I'd be like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you still got a smart ass mouth.
Speaker 1: No, I don't say nothing, but to her it was to teach you to not have a smart ass mouth.
Speaker 2: But you know what, But you know what.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you though, and maybe I'll be wrong, maybe people in the comments will disagree with me. I think you need to be scared of your parents. I do too. You need that little I think sometimes that's the fucking problem. And I'm not trying to say, like, my parents definitely made they mistakes by societal standard. If you analyze how they raised me, a lot of people will probably say, oh, it's certain she they did wrong. Nobody is perfect, you know what I mean? Like, my parents were not perfect, but there's no such a thing as perfect. But I ain't gonna look at the material they did something they did a little one too, and I was scared of my parents, like I But I say on that to say, you know, there's a study they have twins in a home that were raised the same and one twin goes off to be a multi millionaire and other twin on the side of the corner popping perks. I feel like you. Okay, So the whole parenting thing where like people want their kids to be their friend, I stand on the side of history where it's like, I'm not your little friend. Yeah, nah, I agree with I don't want my I don't want my kids to think I'm their little friend. My mom was.
Speaker 2: She was cool when I got older.
Speaker 1: But did you get with me?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: With a switch. Though I'm from the country, I used to get whipped with switches. Oh, let me tell y'all something, and it ain't gonna probably be in the comments like, oh you was abuse I got with the extension cord before extend Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Got whipped with y'all. I used to and then they used to make me.
Speaker 1: Go pick the switch out. Don't pick the small one because those hurt the worst. Yeah, And so it's like, I don't know, like I personally for me, I'm not going to whoop my kids if I can help you, Like if shit got to get to that, you bad as fu Yeah, like you bad as fun coming from somebody like the the like people that I've dated dealing with their kids.
Speaker 2: Whooping don't work. Take that iPad, Oh they finna they feelna be the sweetest thing you ever met. A take away things that they value. But to me, temporary, temporary pain is just that's what it is. It's temporary.
Speaker 1: It's temporary. You gonna still do what you wanna do. Because my own whooped my ass with the extension court at this time, and I still snuk that boy in the house when I was fifteen, like you goat you you ain't and got caught and got caught with that too, then then then got caught to the two was hot, then got caught with that, then went to high school. They got me a car. They was like, oh, you need to be home at eleven o'clock every day. Stive was coming home at twelve.
Speaker 2: Like because she was like, I'm gonna eat this whooping. You're gonna eat that whooping. You get whooped a lot. It's momentary. But that's what I'm saying to me, whoopings don't do nothing. Now they like to call it trauma and abuse, and I don't disagree with that whatever. I don't like to call people whatever you want to call it, But to me, it's more effective. If you have to go dazed with feeling something. I used to have to go dazed without my car whenever. When I got older, my mom stopped.
Speaker 1: Last time I.
Speaker 2: Got a whooping, I was in like second or third grade. Once I got older, she would take away things from me. So when I did something bad, I had to go two weeks without my car.
Speaker 1: I was hurt, bitch, first and foremost. I am with you because imagine sitting in your room with nothing to watch. You're just looking at the wall, and then you hear your mom in the living room listening to uh, well, no, what was the name of that show with deliries ain't on the Law down the Road angel theme?
Speaker 2: So that'sh My angel was such a good angel.
Speaker 1: Imagine sitting in your room, no TV.
Speaker 2: At the log No she died, my girl, she was so good.
Speaker 1: My pinker too. He y'all say whooping? You mean like full whooping? Yeah? Or are you saying you don't even spank your kids? Like? Is it the same?
Speaker 2: I'm not doing I don't want to put hands and feet on.
Speaker 1: My I'm not doing that if I can avoid it, because my I'm gonna put hands feet. She put other objects too, because she threw a boombox at me once and I would say, and I kind of think, shit, me a little too far, like traumatizing, And I love my mama, like this is no shame, y'all know I traumatized, No, but that was I'm not traumatized because the thing about I had a good mother. My mama loved me. Like everything that she did, I feel like she did because at that time, she thought she was parenting to the best of her ability, and she thought she was trying to get me right and get me in line so that I wouldn't become a fucked up adult. I truly do think that, even though I would not necessarily do some of those things with my own kids, I think that people are only a product of what they've been through and what they've seen. From what my mom tells me about how my grandparents disciplined her and her five siblings, that was the she that they got, That's how they got the I think I am not a parent obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I raised my nephew right before like my I was there, like it was me and Mama. We were there, and I never had to spank him like I said I would do like this, Yeah, I literally do like this, and he would laugh and it's still an inside joke to this day. But I got the most out of him to be in respect because I take things away. Now he's on my phone bill your grade's right, because I'm not gonna pay this bill.
Speaker 1: And he loved his phone, he loved his game, so.
Speaker 2: He gets straight a's because he don't want his phone taken away. I feel like there's more effective things to do to do then.
Speaker 1: And that's what I was gonna say. Although to a certain extent, I feel like it kind of works, kind of, but to the point that I was making, I still win indeed other sheet afterwards, you know, but I feel like she was. But I feel like she she was doing what she felt like was the best thing to do. Now that we're in a different generation and we in a different time, I no longer feel like that's necessarily the best thing to do. So you're not no, how are you whooping your Are you the first time I've ever considered it?
Speaker 2: My initial sponsors?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, But I'm also not into although I was whooped with belts, extension cords, whatever they could reach and full I don't think I would do that, But I feel like if they're small enough, a nice little especially when it's stuff. Now, if it's something that they're trying to touch, yeah, I'm trying to teach you don't touch this.
Speaker 2: I'll pop their heads. Yeah no, because that's stuff that you have to learn. But it's like if you're doing something. I went to a private school till I was in sixth grade. They used corporal punishments, so when you were bad, you got pops.
Speaker 1: Shout out to miss Flucy. I'm always remember that, like miss Cook. Miss miss Flucy used to pop us on the fun the path. Oh no, we had she had she had a she had a little stick and she used to call it cotch machine. We had paddles and she used to anytime you use me band, she'd be like, I'm gonna pull out the cotch machine and like my mom. But but the thing about her which shout out to her too, because she your parents had to give her permission. Like she would talk to the parents and be like, okay, so I have a certain way of how I were PM and the kids get them in line. But if you're not okay with it, and I ain't gonna do it. And she told my mom, and my alm was like, oh, we'll playing go ahead, Barbro exactly, because I know you was bad. I seen your baby pictures.
Speaker 2: You was giving chucky me what you were so cute, but you just looked bad.
Speaker 1: Oh I was bad. I was a terrible time. I went to a private school. Hero get niggas because I was like, I was cute. You ain't see me. You just like you used to bite people? You I did? And then you know what funny story? Real quick, I used to bite people all the time. And my mom was like, you used to think that shit was funny, Like you would bite people and be laughing because you thought it was until the day I'll beat your ass bag exactly. And she beat me back and she was like, you ain't need that shit was funny, and you ain't do it no more. I so I.
Speaker 2: Went to a private school. They didn't have to get nothing approved from the patare That's what I'm saying. So, but let me tell you something about miss Cook.
Speaker 1: Is it abuse or is it because she beat me back? Any words?
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something about this cook though, Miss Cook.
Speaker 1: Now that I look back on it and I think about it, I know what Miss Cook went into the boof and did he was cookie.
Speaker 2: No, miss Cook went to the booth and didn't vote while she was supposed to vote.
Speaker 1: Okay, because you know miss Cook still alive. Don't go. Don't say that. Fuck her fucker.
Speaker 2: I hope my mama up there whooping her ass right now. Because let me say this, it's about miss Cook.
Speaker 1: It don't matter what I did go to the office to get pops. She wouldn't say nothing. She would just be like terror go to the office to get pops. Damn bitch. Let me get my joke off. Whole ad nigga, I'm trying to tell a funny ass knock knock joke. I just looked up in my little book that my mom about me Christmas. I'm getting these jokes off. Well, I know you was mad. That's the whole nother topic for you. But what I'm saying is I wasn't doing When I think about the reason she used to give me pops, it was so like I'm being a kid now if I was going around terrorizing biting people, girl, excuse I just you, guys, I wasn't biting nobody. I'm telling jokes. I'm now.
Speaker 2: I was loud and obnoxious.
Speaker 1: I was that kid. I was no. But but but what I'm saying is, now that I think about it, Miss Cook, it was given like send this to the office.
Speaker 2: She was white out.
Speaker 1: She was white yes, Miss Fosi.
Speaker 2: That's why your mom came to the school. My mom came up to the school and raised hell because she started to figure out. She was like, I feel like, y'all are picking on my child. Why is my child always in the office and I'm asking what's going on? And they just talking about because she's talking loud.
Speaker 1: The little bitch loud bitch you was still is so TI is thinking now? So now you're reframing, Yeah, because I think there is better ways, especially nowadays because now kids have way more things that they're so attached to as well, So it's like, oh, you're taking my iPad. Oh you know, like now they feel like there's something more to work towards. But I still agree your kids should fear you in some capacity, And it's like, how do you have that? How do you find that balance? Yeah? I'm honest though, cause like whenever you post pictures in your mom and stuff, I'm like, your mom looks so sweet, so cool, Like I can't believe she used to be whooping your ass. I mean Barbara looks sweet too. No, yes she does. And when you talk to Barbara, oh you okay again? Funny I went to Houston a few weeks ago. Don't do her. Me and my mom. So my mom, you know, she's up in age now, so she'd be having to go to like routine doctor music's all the time. That's why I be fooling when people be like old people always want to doctor because they is. So she was like, oh, I want you to come to the doctor with me. So I was like, okay. Cool. So we was getting in the car and I can't remember what we was talking about. We talking about something and she was like, yeah, all your friends they always love me. They be like your mama's so sweet, so cool. And I was like yep, oh my god. We was talking about these so about whooping your kings, and I was saying how I was not gonna whoop my kids, and my mom was like for real and I was like yeah.
Speaker 2: And I was like, when they come to.
Speaker 1: Your house, you bet not whoop them neither, because I'm not gonna whoop them. And she was like, well, I feel like you turned out alright. She was like, but it's so funny because when I meet all your friends, they'd be like, yo, ma, I'm so sweet. And she was like and I was like, yeah, yeah, and I'll be telling them like you really a minis you do be saying that because y'all don't know. Y'all don't, but no, I'll be seeing it now.
Speaker 2: When we go out to e I'll be around Miss Barbara. I'll be seeing that little minute.
Speaker 1: I'll be like, okay, this is will Barbara be cutting up a little bit.
Speaker 2: This is my.
Speaker 1: Theory though with people. When people get old, they become nier. But y'all have only know, like you gotta think about it. Friend, Like when me and you became friends. My mom is seventy five. She just turned seventy five in October. So when me and you met in twenty what fifteen sixteen, But I don't think you met my mom un till like two three years late. It wasn't until you moved to it that you met my mom for the first time. So like when you met my mom she was already in her sixties. You don't know the forty something your old version of her and my mom will tell you like, I would actually love to have her on the show one day because she will tell you like, when she was younger, she was a fighter. She used to be fighting. She used to get out there, she used to be outside. She hey, what I told her about my granny, But like she used to be outside. Like y'all be under estimating. My mama was a fool when I was younger. God, no, you know, the signs of my daddy was the cool ones. You know.
Speaker 2: The signs of a good grandma is when you see a grandchild and.
Speaker 1: They be greasy, you know, grand bag, that's a love child. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Every time my sister would come home from work, when we would both be up where we would come home and Jackson used to be a little greasy, and my mom used.
Speaker 1: To be like, he looks look ye me ain't dry.
Speaker 2: I'm a good grinned If y'all greanny, grease yr baby up, they good to go.
Speaker 1: What's up? Y'all? Iss your girl XP and it's your girl dray and the call And it is the.
Speaker 2: Holiday season, so you know we have to put y'all on the perfect stocking stuffer. Thanks to manscape dot com.
Speaker 1: Yes you have to get your men the manscaped products. You who wants somebody with a furry face? All that double scratching you you know of the place. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So the best thing about it is they can do this at home and it has a charger so if they want to take.
Speaker 1: It on the go, they can do it on the way to the events too.
Speaker 2: So y'all know when men be in between hair because they want to take a little stubble off they face, this is the perfect thing to get. They have different packages and all the good things that you need for your stocking stuffer. So what you're gonna do is go to manscape dot com and you'll get twenty percent off. That's Manscape dot Com. Get twenty percent off of your stocking stuffer. I'm telling you you gonna love it.
Speaker 1: Period.
Speaker 2: Gift your man with the ultimate grooming experience by Manscape and get him the Chairman propackage for the holidays. It's a thoughtful and practical gift that he'll actually use and love. Get twenty percent off plus free shipping with the code poor Minds at manscape dot com. That's twenty percent off plus free shipping with the code poor Minds at manscaped dot com. What's up y'all at Your Girl XP and it's your Girl drain the call and we have a very citing announcement today.
Speaker 1: We have a brand new show dropping. Yes, we have a brand new shout dropping y'all on Patreon. It's gonna air on September second, and it's called Poor Chronicles. We're gonna be doing so much stuff on there. We're gonna be doing challenges. If you can't go to Bella Dache, where the hell could you go? If you can't go to Blanche, what the hell is it out? We're gonna be doing talk to me, chit chat with me. We're gonna be feeling a little little tea. Oh my girl, Now you didn't god everything y'all been wanting to see, We're gonna be doing it right here on Patreon. Yes, y'all ask us for so much.
Speaker 2: Well, we've been to give it to y'all every single Monday, and it's gonna be a time.
Speaker 1: Y'all know. Poor Minds has grown.
Speaker 2: Into its own little entity where we're gonna have a lot of fun still over.
Speaker 1: Here at Poor Chronicles. So make sure y'all tune in September second, it's going down. Thanks, Now it's time to get into the bop the bowl about about Okay, what's about what you're listening to? Oh? Well, okay, this is like a song that's not necessarily new, but I feel like it fits the episode, and I don't feel like we've ever had this. It's about why are you making that thing? Because I'm scared you've been cutting up today because you done crack about thirty jokes, you done cry. You don't curse me out the fuck am I. I know you ain't cut up till you said you hurt my feelings. You did. I'm sorry because that's the thing people don't know about you. And I'm gonna go on here and say I ain't trying to throw no shade, but like les be mean, y'all, sometimes you do. And the funny thing is people think I'm mean, people think I'm the mean one, when really and for real, for real, than you, absolute fuck lutely bitch, absolutely one, because when you and Yo Mo, people know not to fuck with you. People know just be like, look at Ta, Look than Drea, damn, thank you Ta. I feel like I'm not gonna lie. What's the name. What was the name of that movie Jamie Fox was in? Was it redemn she?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm?
Speaker 1: What happened? Was it Jamie Falk? What movie? It was a movie?
Speaker 2: It was a movie called Bitch.
Speaker 1: It was a movie called redem She And I feel like I'm having my redem she moment because everybody feel like I'm mean. I'm the mean one when in real life les meaner than me on camera. No, okay, let me say that, but in real life, lets not with the bullshe.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not gonna lie and I do own. I did go off this morning. I went off real bad this morning. We had our makeup. What's the wake up artist? What's his name?
Speaker 1: Ohky good to good did our makeup today?
Speaker 2: And he saw me go off, so he's probably he probably thinks I'm a bitch too. I didn't go off on him. It had nothing to do with him, but I was going off. Maybe I am a little bit. I'm working on it. I'm working on it.
Speaker 1: You're a little more mean and like you'll be mean to me. Like one thing about me that I think I mean to everybody? Shane thought I was meaning to her one time. Remember you do me being mean? To being mean to shame. Mm hmm, well, oh my god, you m h okay twitch time? Have I been mean to you before? But but let me ask, have I ever been meaning the y'all? Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Say have I ever been mean to you?
Speaker 1: And I don't. I don't think you mean either. It's time to work, nah, And when you were and I think that'd be the thing too, when you be ready to go? Oh, it's me okay, But let me say this. We're not about being ready to go. I'd be ready because exactly I'm always ready to go, but I be ready to work. Let's get this work.
Speaker 2: Done so motherfuckers can go home.
Speaker 1: Nah. But the thing is, nobody be tripping on going home, but you no. You don't know that though, because they they work for us essentially, so they can't be like I want to go home.
Speaker 2: Let's get these people in and out.
Speaker 1: Hello. So, yes, it comes off a little mean, but let's get this show on the fucking road. Fifteen. Men's let's get back to well, going back to our relationship, because id ain't I don't work for you, but you still like it's you, don't. You were spicy earlier in this episode, and I all.
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't spicy episode. I was emotional because I was like, you know, no, this is what you said.
Speaker 1: How are you gonna might help? Well, he don't got to delete this part, but no, you was like, what if I could say, no, I can finish. If I can finish, I thought yeah, because I was trying to because I know we when we have conversations, we cut each other off. But I was trying to get my points about the documentary off, and so it was an emotional conversation, so I wanted to get out.
Speaker 2: I was just saying, let me finish. It wasn't like I didn't say it like that.
Speaker 1: Well girl, first and foremost, you ain't gotta talk me down because I know you. That's and I'm also not really that sensity. But I was just saying, whenever you be in your little mood, i'd be like, got in the mold though, no, you not right now, but I'm saying whenever you do be ill, just be like, okay, bitch, bye, I'm gonna talk to you later because I just thought we having time for it and I've learned how to deal with you. But your ass is way meaner than me because I'm what think about me. I don't stay mad, you know, oh fuck, no mad for like a day. That's a long time.
Speaker 2: That's not a long time.
Speaker 1: I don't stay mad for hours. Like It'll be like hours later and I'll be like, okay, hey girl drinks. No, no, you're bad. I'll see you them all. No, you'll be like BD, y'all see you next Wednesday. Possibly you be mad. I don't be mad. I'm not mad, but like, like, get away from me, not you, just people in general. No, me too, just people in general. No, not you. I've learned so like I.
Speaker 2: Know you though, do you see that's a thought of mine.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've talked about that before on the show, like I've gotten into it. My men about the hill of Times. He'd be like, one, think about you. You don't take shit serious, Like it's not you just don't like you think like you think that we can have a conversation. And then because we had the conversation tomorrow we gonna talk and it's like the bad but you know that means like you push stuff under the rood. You know that mean from what's her name? Juicy? And she walked in room, She's like, hey, how y'all doing it. That's you.
Speaker 2: So it's not that you mean any harm.
Speaker 1: You just be like, Okay, we talked about it. It's good. Hey, we'll say I mean and let me know if y'all wrong. I would like to say, because people always be lucky, y'all be taking surveys, but who let's take a survey? A Am I wrong? Like I feel like once we have a conversation about some shit, it's over.
Speaker 2: No, let me process that conversation and let me sit in my feelings of how you made me feel and your reaction to it.
Speaker 1: Let me process that. That's it.
Speaker 2: You gotta sit any Yeah, I gotta sit in my emotions. I gotta sit in my feelings and sometimes I gotta let shit go because if I talk to you right now, I'm gonna go off. So let me sit with We know, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Go off all the time, but I'm also we know I need a moment. Give me a fucking moment, and I don't go off at all. I just be like, hey, hey, y'all, i'd be like, get them. But you know, whenever people say we don't look quote unquote like like we're in our thirties, I feel like people be wanting to know my skin care regimen effects that I don't give. What is your bob of the week. How do we get on this? Oh? Birds of a feather.
Speaker 2: At your bob?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, Oh well okay, it's gonna be sisters, I mean my sisters. What's this on my brandy whenever I'm down? Yeah, none of the best friend, that's myself. Okay for the week. I love you. I love you two sister. We haven't been through a lot. Oh you're gonna make me cry again. Don don't do that. Okay, my bbo Festa eight down.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe peoples in the comments, like is legs going through something? The one week I was actually happy because they thought that you didn't.
Speaker 1: Dress up and you weird. That's all I say.
Speaker 2: First of all, weak asshole. I mean, well, I'm not mean.
Speaker 1: I'm responding to the what Johnson said and to the hit us. So Grandma, First of all, bitch, I did dress I was more T shirt. You know what.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get to my bob. But I'm just over being a bad bitch for Halloween. I ain't never over being a baby relate, I know, I just.
Speaker 1: Feel like being a bad bitch for Halloween, and like, why you're supposed to be fucking Tommy Pickles. Why is your ass hanging out of your diaper? Bitch? Why is your pussy lip out of your diaper? Why do I see your nipples through your baby shirt? Bitch?
Speaker 2: First supposed to be Tommy Pickles. Like, I'm just I just like, don't get it twisted. If you're in your twenties whatever, thirties, everybody had fun with it. But when you a bad bitch every day, do something.
Speaker 1: Outside the bar. Well first and foremost, that's real rich coming from BBL Fester bb.
Speaker 2: But I wasn't attractive at all.
Speaker 1: You was though, because your ass was still asked, but because I had to do that. But I covered it up as much as I could. But Fester was still gonna shake a tail fever. I ain't bl Fester was a crazy name because it sounded like a disease festering, anything festering. But like I saidn't sound right. I'm making some challenge to all the batties of the world next Halloween. Do something outside the box, be something really horrifying and scary. Get the booth, bitch.
Speaker 2: I ain't been a Battie for a long time in Halloween. Oh it's been two years.
Speaker 1: Because last year, because you was at the schoolgirl and I was like, oh, you had the ass. Oh we went outside, you had the whole ash.
Speaker 2: That was so lame calling me okay, my bop of the week, y'all know, I love a good TikTok bob because, let me tell you, TikTok will put you on some amazing artists. These are small artists that just post their songs. They happen to go viral. So my bop of the week it's called I Love You I'm Sorry by Gracie Abrams. She's like an indie artist, y'all. This song is so good because I love a good like heartbreak song. I love to sit in my room and listen to good lyrics and good I love girls who play the guitar. It's something about a girl that can pick up a guitar and pluck some strings. That's why I was gonna say, India already need to come back.
Speaker 1: But she'd be wildling some songs, she be saying some crazy shit. Well what I will say is what was it? Sometimes I camb my head and sometimes I don't hate that.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's something about women who play the guitar. Doesn't Summer Walker play the guitar, do she?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, I mean it's something about women that play the guitar.
Speaker 2: They be wilding though any I read is just a mad that's an artist. That's when we used to.
Speaker 1: Make me a beautiful woman inside, Like, well you don't.
Speaker 2: You can't say inside you don't know her. You don't know that lady. Well from what I see, but she's beautiful on the outside, beautiful. I loved her. I remember growing up.
Speaker 1: I'm like, from what I see, I think she is beautiful on the inside.
Speaker 2: What I seen, she she used to be online wild and that's why I said what I said, the beautiful lady. I used to love her hair and how she would just like have it up and the big ear rings and I was just like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: And a skin tone like I'm like that was.
Speaker 2: Like when I used to look at her like that is what like a beautiful woman, Like that's a beautiful woman.
Speaker 1: So your legs though, don't listen to that part.
Speaker 2: I see brown skin was a hip Okay, yeah, my bop of the week.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Gracie A.
Speaker 1: Rooms.
Speaker 2: It's like going crazy on TikTok and it's such a good song. It's like a little indie song. So I think y'all all like it. Okay, you know what I had? No, we're not doing this. Let's right, Okay, real quick, I gotta go to Brazil.
Speaker 1: This is my sorry for two thousand and four and nine on a mess of no More.
Speaker 2: This year, I'm gonna say my home time to make it real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, but Jue, I'm sorry, but you lie. I'm sorry in case I don't well that that song that you had reminded me of that because it was like, I love you, I'm sorry. And I was like, what about Ruben Study? Somebody said on Twitter the other day and I concur They said, Rupert Study it ain't nothing. I mean, rod Wave ain't nothing.
Speaker 2: But why was I gett my lashes done? Shout out to Jay? I started get my lashes done again and she was playing rod Wave. I'm like, what are you so angry?
Speaker 1: They was like Ridewave ain't nothing but room and studded remastered. He said the circle and people came over, but no one was but it was all for and the young kids be like and it was all fun road Wave and will be over here. Like when he was sitting on the stage and he was in that house and he fell backwards.
Speaker 2: I said, move on that mattress.
Speaker 1: You need say that. See niggas was laughing. Dre was like, let me call. I'm telling y'all any any wrong move legs make I'd be like, hey girl, how you doing?
Speaker 2: And hay, okay, okay, But shout out to rod Wave because you know what rod Wave like. You know what rod Wave is. No, No, he's not. Road Wave is just an intern national or global or national. Zero Zero chose to be a huge cause he's Zero is content. He like fans music, and he chose to stay in Houston and to stay you know, in the southern regions. But people love Zero all around the world. But he chose not to take that route of being a literally global superstar because he wanted to do Ship his way.
Speaker 1: I know Zero is a real nigga.
Speaker 2: Who's he know that real depression Roadway be a little fake with it.
Speaker 1: Row and Trey as wholes of my nation, no doubt. Tell me you.
Speaker 2: When not hold Minna lay with that ship.
Speaker 1: I hate you, Beach. I hate you, Beach. I never thought I say I hate you big like.
Speaker 2: That's a real depressed nigga roadway time.
Speaker 1: That's a time I don't want to grind for you clean. That's what I'm trying to do, the y'all and mom man, trying to do all that I can, but you like you ain't up. Y'all, niggas don't have to fuck with me because I can do bed just being one deep that y'all. Niggas ain't got to fuck with me. That's how that nigga was.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't fuck with y'all, and that's how they.
Speaker 1: Feeling about you, niggas my whole life. That's why you was biting niggas. Tell them that's why I was by you. Niggas gotta fuck with me.
Speaker 2: So yes, shout out to no and this is no shape to road wave. I was joking.
Speaker 1: Rod wave is.
Speaker 2: These are amazing artists, amazing artists, but I do feel like, you know, rod wave is like the new age Zero. If you really listen to zero music, if you are a young press, if you're a young person and you love rod Wave, go listen to Zero. I guarantee you'll like it.
Speaker 1: We putting y'all like, seriously, we're putting y'all on some new shit. Go listen. If you love for our wave, you gonna love zero.
Speaker 2: Love it love forty five. That was a lot of lighters.
Speaker 1: Bitch, well, bitch where you got some?
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty five was alike, but you.
Speaker 1: Said some of them happened to that because time.
Speaker 2: First of all, she played wine.
Speaker 1: It's top fall. I get it. I know it is her fault tie Why why talk? Why Emony? Why have y'all a Sugarl XP and it's Sugarl dre and the call y'all know.
Speaker 2: We have a segment on Poor Minds called Item of the Week. But do you have a product or something that you want to promote and you want it featured on Poor Minds.
Speaker 1: Your opportunity is here period. If you have an item or you have a business and you want to get it promoted, we are now having's available one the Poor Minds episode. So if you would like to get your product featured for Item of the Week, all you need to do is send an email to Item of the Week PM at gmail dot com. That's I T E M O F T H E W E E k PM at gmail dot com. Send us an email and we'll work it out. We're gonna figure it out. Get your product, get your business sponsored, and yeah, make you some money.
Speaker 2: We love to more a small business man.
Speaker 1: And a black business at that, but I mean a scrimminated any businesses welcome. Hey y'all, it's Drenaicus, CEO of Muse Beauty. Are you ready to take your beauty brand to the next level? Well, I've got something special just for you. I'm introducing the Keys to a Successful e Commerce Brand Ebook. In this guide, I spilled all of my secrets on how I build Muse Beauty from the ground up into a global beauty brand serving thousands of customers from all over the world. From defining your brand vision to mastering marketing strategies, this book literally covers it all, plus exclusive highlights and tips that you won't find anywhere else. But way, y'all, it's more. Check out my curated vendors list featuring over fifty top suppliers in the beauty, fashion and packaging industries. Where the unique cosmetics, accessories, clothing or sheet packages. I've got you hovers. So what are you waiting for? Go to www dot mus beauty collection dot com and get your ebook, your vendors list, or you could bottle them both together.
Speaker 2: There all right by y'all read one today so we can wrap this up. I gotta go to Brazil.
Speaker 1: Who he right legs Heylex Andrea.
Speaker 2: First of all, thank you both so much for everything you do with your show. You both truly make me feel seen, make me laugh, and make me feel included as a black woman, and I love y'all down. So I'm gonna try to make this short, but it's a toughee to me.
Speaker 1: Lol.
Speaker 2: So I have a male best friend since middle school. We've been knowing each other for maybe seventeen years now. Like all friendships, we've had our ups and downs and phases where we're closer at times than others.
Speaker 1: Lately we've been in a good place, but I can't help the fact that sometimes he irritates these shit out of me with his flamboyance and sometimes as if he doesn't make an effort to be happy or pour into me as I do him. Let me give you some examples. We live in two different states, so when we talk on the phone, it's about work and our social life.
Speaker 2: And I know his manhood and confidence is low. So I always make it a point to uplift him and validate him and congratulate him on his work, accomplishments and adversities that he has. But I feel like he doesn't return the favor, Like when he was interviewing for an assistant director position for months. I listened and validated him and even helped him interview prep. But when I tell him about my work, adversities or accomplishments, he's very dry and doesn't inquire. More then, the masculinity thing is so frustrating because he says he's not gay but hasn't had sex in eight years. He has piercings all over and carries himself like a woman with his mannerisms, hand moveings, and even the way he touches himself or looks in the mirror or inquires about his clothes. My question is, am I just being a bitch and not accepting him? Can you give me ways to find out how to accept him a bit more? Or should I just put boundaries in place? Hope to hear back? Love y'all so bad?
Speaker 1: I'm by I was with you with egones and you can gonna get the hell I was with you in the first half, but you was being real with you in the first half.
Speaker 2: But that last part rubbed me the wrong way because who cares that he has feminine mannerisms, he has piercings, he hasn't had sex. Let him be comfortable and when he's ready to talk to you about whatever it is, y'all have to learn how to be better friends. I will say this this The reason that I said what I said initially is because if you don't like it, just stop being his friend.
Speaker 1: You're well? Is that like you asking us like how should you navigate the situation? Bitch? If you don't want to be friends with him, if you don't like all of these things, this laundry lease of things, stop being this nigga friend like you ain't gotta beat nobody forcing you, nobody forcing me, Zero or or ay. First things first, I'm quing goo to ghetto. I say first things first on Marollas, Okay, you know Zero said first things first, I'm the king good to ghetto.
Speaker 2: First days. First off's what do it first?
Speaker 1: Mitch? I don't know because that's biggie. What's the song? First things first? I feaks all the honey that's what it is. Mom time wanting money? Those the ones I like because they don't get a Nathan but penetration unless it smells like sanitation, black and ugly as ever, however, I say, cut you down to the song. Oh okay, Like no, I just feel like, what the fuck is wrong with people like y'all. I love y'all for real, shout out some money, girl, come on the show.
Speaker 2: I love y'all for real.
Speaker 1: But when y'all be writing us sometimes I'd be like, do you really need advice on this? Like you what's best for you? Well, no, if you need a little guidance, So I'll say this if you don't like this, But if you don't like this, but she it seems like she loves him because they've been friends for so long, So let me say this, but you don't because all that extra sheet.
Speaker 2: But the first half.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. If I'm talking to a friend and they don't inquire what I have going on, I'm gonna say, like, honestly, I feel like I'm always pouring into you and you don't give that back. Tell him, tell him how you feel.
Speaker 2: If nothing changes, set a boundary, and if nothing changes from that cut him off. But now I do disagree with you as far as how he dresses, piercings.
Speaker 1: Who cares if he's gay or not? That doesn't his sexuality doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Are you fucking him?
Speaker 1: No? Who cares? But that's the point that I was about to make. I would never write an email to somebody asking for advice on my friendship and and being like, yeah, but you know, she don't fuck mad niggas or she don't need X, Y and Z. Why is that like a pre Rick Withe? Why is this Kelsey? Why did you put that in? Why did you put that in the message to begin with? Because his sexual orientation and what he liked, it's not gonna make me and Licks make a different like you know what I mean, It's not gonna have It's not gonna make us form a different opinion about the situation. One thing I always say, right, And it's so funny because I feel like as the show has evolved, I too have evolved because we don't get these comments anymore. I used to always tell people lead that nigga lead that situation like that was always my advice. I feel that way still though I feel like now I try to give more of depths. Yeah, more of an in depth analysis, an in depth response. But I truly feel like people's number one problem is like y'all be acting like y'all so afraid to leave situations that no longer serve you if you feel all of these ways, because I feel like all of that stuff that you said, and since I fuck with you, I appreciate the fact that you're a listener of the show, but sometimes I feel like y'all just need you real advice. You said all of that and then you brought it down to like his sexual orienta. I kind of just feel like you don't even really want to be friends with him, you know how you feel like y'all have had a long standing relationship, so like, let me work this out. That doesn't matter if it doesn't serve you anymore.
Speaker 2: You know, you know you don't like somebody no more when literally like everything and it gets on your nerves. They can say, hey, and it gets on your nerve. You don't like him no more because you're talking about his mannerisms. I can't help my mannerisms. This is who I am, it's me. But just reevaluate that.
Speaker 1: Friendship and I think you need to take an exit. I think all right, y'all.
Speaker 2: Go to music Collection dot com. Lovelexp dropping soon, Drea's YouTube dropping soon, Dre.
Speaker 1: And the Car.
Speaker 2: Follow poor Minds. We're going on tour soon. Dates dropping soon. Go to Patreon dot com backslash poor Minds. New episodes drop every Monday. Early episodes drop on Wednesday. And yeah, we have a lot of good stuff cooking up for y'all, and I love y'all.
Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 2: Make sure y'all share the content, like subscribe, follow all that good stuff. And let me say this before we close out, y'all. There is one Twitter account that is connected to poor Minds. It's p O you are underscore in my nds. Y'all are tagging the wrong poor Minds page. If you see at poor Minds with no underscore, that is at fake page.
Speaker 1: Do not follow that page.
Speaker 2: Okay, they block me Andrea and the poor Minds page on both so we only have one Instagram, one Twitter one TikTok AND's p O you are underscore were in my nds all.
Speaker 1: Right, and we gotta hell a fake Facebook page on the Facebook pages. It's our face. The crazy thing is our Facebook page. Actually have the least amount of file sports, So if you're on face, the one that's ours got the least amount of file, but the one that's not us got like two hundred and fifty. Thou make if you actually look at the content, because the caption is like whoever it is, don't speak English, because their captures are like bumba Claude, should men? Should men pay bill? Should men pay bill? Yes?
Speaker 2: No? Check answer below block blocky Like that's literally what the captions?
Speaker 1: I'm like, what that DG is?
Speaker 2: Bumba Claude, bumba claud who.
Speaker 1: Caught in a barrel mash caught in a man ra row my rub my mother, God wat man ro rub my mother. I want your uglad. I want y'all to say.
Speaker 2: I want y'all everything as long as it's free.
Speaker 1: I want you a lie, live, live love. I want you.
Speaker 2: I want your drama, the touch of your hair, I want your leather started kissing the side.
Speaker 1: I want you all love, love love, I watch all live pen Israela.
Speaker 2: You know that I want you.
Speaker 1: You know that I need you. Oh your love it. I want your revenge. You and me can have a row man. How watch your love he loves revenge. You and me could have a bedroom man.
Speaker 2: Call in a bedroom man, Oh, call in a barrel.
Speaker 1: Man, raw roman was a broom man.
Speaker 2: How watch your horror? I watch all lie cut your rock crab my not as long as your mine.
Speaker 1: I want you all live, live, live love, I watch all live. Yeah.
Speaker 2: How want your cyga, your verder Costaire Hock. Want your my row window. Baby you're sick. I want your live Oh love, love love.
Speaker 1: I want your love. Yeah, you know you know that I need you. I want it bad, your bad romance Israel.
Speaker 2: I want your loveing now want your revenge. You with me could have a bed romance.
Speaker 1: I want your love man, now want your revenge. You with me?
Speaker 2: Ride a bellman, It's all right.
Speaker 3: Oh, card in a barrow man, card in a barrow man.
Speaker 4: Horrah Rama, run my mock god god la la want your barrol mass roll rub my ma rama, run my mock.
Speaker 2: Laa watch your barron mask walk fashion baby working move that bitch is crazy walk walk fashion baby working move that bitch is crazy walk fashion baby working move.
Speaker 1: That bitch is crazy walk walk passion baby working.
Speaker 2: I'm a free bitch, baby.
Speaker 1: I want your love. A watch your rip band. I don't know how this spark goes. Huh, just to them all, that's just to fashit. That's your foe, shitty. Just suit them on. I don't want to be Roun.
Speaker 4: What of for Roun Man, Watch out for Roun, Watch up for Roun.
Speaker 1: We love you, You're amazing. Watch for Roun. You signed my boob period? We ate that a real bad See y'all next week. I broke my dress, I broke my draft. Yeah they right now is bing bing bing