Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Now, let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepgin. I'm joined by Blue Biggs Breaking News Editor Chloe Malay. Good morning, Chloe. Rhanas revenue souring?
Speaker 1: Why yeah, So. Rhana had a good, great, good report this morning. Net income more than doubled in the fiscal first quarter. That's the back of really strong air travel demand, a recovery in fairs as well, and the easing of delays related to Boeing aircraft deliveries. It also said that it sees very strong summer demand, which is obviously a very crucial season for the company. That led the stock higher this morning and also pushed up the shares of other budget airlines to Wiz that is also reporting later this week and Easy as well. In terms of some caveats that it added on in its for its kind of very strong report, it did say that fair increases in the second quarter will be a little bit lower than the first, and with regards to tariffs.
Speaker 2: It said that any.
Speaker 1: Tariff costs would be on Boeing to bear, so it's kind of shielding itself there. So we'll see how that kind of holds up when we'z air reports are on Thursday and whether that summer traveled them on really carries through for all of those airlines.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, and their share price is done well over the course of this year and increasing today also year to date up twenty one percent for Rhana's share price, So yes, a good news for investors as we think about rhanair. But one thing not really going anywhere Stillants' cars far a few of them actually getting to the US, and Stillant's share price taking a.
Speaker 1: Big hit, yes, big hit indeed this morning so it reported preliminary earning, so it was it was unscheduled and it said that it was recorded a net loss of two point three billion euros and that was compared to an expectation of a profit, So a real big surprise there from Stilantis. It cited restructuring expenses, sales that were also going down, waning sales, and the impact of course of US tariffs. Silantis is really exposed to tariffs in the trade war because it's got a lot of different manufacturing facilities across different regions. The issues, as you've mentioned, are the worst in North America. So the shipment's felled twenty five percent in the second quarter. The new CEO, Antonio Feloso, is trying to to stem this sales and earnings a slump, and it's really trying to kind of restructure the company and shift investments from electric to hybrid as well. That was hurting the stock this morning. It also dragged down a little bit of the rest of the car sector, like Volkswagen and BMW, but not as much as expected. So it might be that, you know, from investors' perspective, it's really more of a company specific story rather than a sector wide story. So we'll have to see how the other car makers fare a little bit later in the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a dramatic decline, wasn't it in terms of car shipments for Stilantis. We'll get more details from their full results. As you say, now, this French real estate company, Covivio, has also raised its earning outlook. How's the market reacting to that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so quite well. The shares are by a fair bit this morning. It said that it had seen really strong growth in the German residential market, a good performance in the hotels sector, and also stabilizing environment in the office market in Europe, which is quite interesting given the amount of weakness that we've seen their you know, given the move towards more hybrid work. The shares rose is quite quite a bit of the back of that, as I said, and Bloomberg Attegent said that the value gains in the portfolio going forward really likely to be driven by German residential where there's really strong growth because there's increase runds and a supply shortage, so that should be really positive for Cuvivio, and they might mark kind of an indicator of some of those real estate investment trusts kind of turning a corner across some of those key markets.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.