Speaker 1: Hello, Lena, say about the rookies, you know, the way Alex started the game, the way Vernardo ended the year. Yeah, I can't say enough about it. So big, so big. You know, we talked about, uh during the week it being a must win and all those type of things and the gravity of the game.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And to have your young guys, rookies coming in and making those type of plays to help win a game, Uh, so big and really happy for them, happy for our team finding a way to win.
Speaker 2: And uh, yeah it was. It was great seeing them do that.
Speaker 1: What's it like when you're saying it's a must win game in the locker room?
Speaker 2: Is it practice field? Is it different heading into one where.
Speaker 1: You guys kind of have the emergency like going on a little bit, and even though it's early in the yeah, I think you know, we knew the gravity of the situation. We couldn't drop O three in the division, you know, to start the year. And my message to the guys on the field, you know, during warm ups was, you know, just stay focused on the process, being the moment.
Speaker 2: You know, all this talk about must win, all this other stuff.
Speaker 1: Is great, but you know, how we're gonna execute, How we're gonna come out, what type of energy and tenacity are we're gonna play with?
Speaker 2: And uh, I think everybody showed up the right.
Speaker 1: Way thousand and you know that was something that was something Yeah it sucks, but yes, uh uh, it was something that felt familiar for sure. And I'm like, hey, we can go one to two AA's right here. We can stand tall, uh in a hostile environment in the game that we know that we gotta get or you know, we can settle for exactly how we've been doing, how we've been playing the last couple of weeks or the last you know, a couple of losses we've had. And that's what I'm probably most proud about right now is you know the way we stood.
Speaker 2: Up Yeah, I mean defensively.
Speaker 1: Uh. I think we they had brought it to within one Hey, George, we brought it within once, had brought it within one score, you know, And I'm looking at Bosa and some of the other guys and I'm like, hey, like, you realize we're winning the game, and like we have the opportunity on defense to stall him out right now, you know, and and kill that momentum that they've gotten. So I think We went out and we stopped him on that drive and the offense got the ball back and the rest was kind of history.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was one of those moments where it's like, hey, you gotta let's go do it.
Speaker 2: I know, you run on the.
Speaker 1: Field for the challenge that they kind of threw there with part return, But at what point is is it making its way down the field that there was an angle that you.
Speaker 3: Know showed him touching the ball, or like, how does that kind of work when you're winging on the sidelines?
Speaker 1: Do do you hear about that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I have no idea how any of that works. You know, I left my head coach take care of all that.
Speaker 2: He does a good job. Uh yeah, I mean I'm I'm just out.
Speaker 1: I'm back in coverage and it looked like, you know, we got a hitch from Gino and he thought, you know, John Gina must have seen something that he liked. And I turned around to see Ronaldo picked that ball off, and my mindset was let's go score and try and get a block for him. Alan got his interception and he ran right out of bounds. I'm like, what are we doing? So you gotta learn you gotta learn. Hey, come on, let's go. We gotta god. You see, the first red zone does feel like the kind of weight off you're talking about for our offense or George, what did you guys do you scored? Didn't you go?
Speaker 3: Scored from six?
Speaker 1: But yours was the red zone. Yeah, George is a good player for us, and he does a good job. So so this brought Yeah, I'm not really I'm not really worried about whatever they got going on. They I know they'll take care of business and do what they gotta do. It's our job on defense to be better in the red zone ourselves.
Speaker 3: DK had eleven targets only three catches, and that looked like maybe it was gonna be an issue with that moody there. I'm sure not staring at the secondary, you know, but you know what, what's your assessment of the job they did?
Speaker 1: I can't I can't say enough about it. You know, that was that was a big thing for us pre game. You know, we lose obviously one of our best corners before the game starts and guys are getting shuffled around, and he's a he's a big part of what they do. I don't I don't know what was going on with with their offense. It didn't seem like he was he was. He was kind of rotating in and out. But yeah, we we made his hard. Was we made his life hard for you know, most of the game. And I know he got he got some on us, but we got more. And I'm so proud of our back end and the way that they competed.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys,