Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Master, Tim Stenobeck, Romain Bostik, and Scarlett Food.
Speaker 3: Let's get to some of the individual gainers in today's session. There was a lot to choose from AMD. That's your number one gainer in the Nasdaq one hundred, number two gainer in the S and P five hundred, stock up eight point eight percent. You really did see a broad rally in the semiconductor space. But Piper Sandler said products unveiled last week by AMD were positive and expects a snapback for the GPU business in the company's fourth quarter. You also had BNP Perryba come out an analysts. They're saying in a call on AMD held with Friday with analysts that they sent a reassuring message heading into results next month with AI traction increasing for AMD's instinct GPUs. So, so really a lot of optimism there when it comes to a MD st latter next name for me, number one gainer in the S and P five hundred, and that stock up a just shy of eleven percent. So pretty much closing at its best levels of the day. China retail sales grew six point four percent last month. That's the fastest pace is December of twenty twenty three and exceeded all estimates. So those names like an SD Lauder that have a big Chinese exposure really gaining today. I should point out Nike, Starbucks Canada, Goose also gaining in today's session. We also should point out that yesterday some sad news from the St Laughter community. That is that Leonard Lauder, which was one of the sons of st. Lauder, the founder of the company, passing away a long time obviously in terms of running and you know, strategy for that company in particular. And then I just want to mention WBD. I hope I gave the right ticker Warner Brothers Discovery. Did I mess up?
Speaker 1: You messed up?
Speaker 3: I messed up. I've realized it. Yeah, yeah, but that's not where I want to go. But anyway, WBD, Water Brothers Discovery, that is your number two gainer. I believe in the s and P. Five hundred forgive me Finley. I messed up up seven point three percent Warner Brothers Discovery, and that's after the company won support enough support from creditors to overhaul its debt as part of a plan to split the entertainment giment into two separate companies. I'm so can I.
Speaker 1: Just add a honorable mention? Because when I just ran, when I ran the most, when I ran the most function. The number one gainer across all of the tapes was some tiny biotech company, regen Cell, which I might be mispronouncing. It was basically a penny stock about a month ago. It's now trading at fifty nine bucks a year. It had a big stock split today thirty eight for one. It rallied as much as four hundred percent on the day. This was a stock that had a market cap of a few hundred million dollars just a few weeks ago and now has a market cap of almost thirty billion dollars today.
Speaker 3: What's the short position on that puppy? I haven't luckd but.
Speaker 2: I'm sure not now. Not now.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's get put out no profice, no revenue or anything else to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good honorable mention, good honorable mention.
Speaker 4: Romane Joman always says the good honorable mentions. Hey, let's start with Lockheed Martins in terms of decliners today, down four percent. This news just breaking after and it's not the reason why it's lower. Lockheed Martin did name a new chief technology officer that just crossing moments ago we did see US defense stocks erase earlier session gains that we saw today. This after we heard from the President who said heron wants to talk about de escalating the conflict with Israel. North Grumman and El three Harris Technologies also fell in terms of defense stocks today. Lockheed Martin, though the worst performer on a percentage basis in the S and P five hundred, also moving lower today. Energy names among the worst performing sectors in the S and P five hundred Diamondback Energy down two and a half percent. Energy companies also falling with oil prices on expectations there would be less disruption to oil supplies. Diamondback Energy the worst performing energy name in the S and P five hundred, and then a bioteme name that fell a lot today, Serepta Therapeutics, down forty two percent. The company's gene therapy for a real rare muscle disorder has been linked to the death of a fifteen year old boy it's the second patient to die of acute liver failure well being treated with the therapy. Shares fel today by forty two percent.
Speaker 5: Well on that note, thanks him, I guess I'll go to yields. So there was a selloff in the bond market, pretty much all across the curve of the back end getting hit the hardest. That yields up by about six to five bases points. Twenty year auction went off without a hitch. But just so interesting when you have these kind of headlines and you're still seeing selling in the treasury market. Same with the dollar, just raises the question, at least for me, like where do bonds and the dollar fit as a safe haven asset in your portfolio. I know we're all taking a breadth after Friday, but there are still so many risks out there, and yes they're hard to price, but at least we know that they come from Aron in Israel right now, and yet still we're not necessarily one hundred percent pricing that in at all.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.