Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know.
Speaker 2: All about that high school drama girl, Drama girl, all about them high school queens. We'll take you for a ride. And our comic girl cheering for the right teams, Drama Queens, Girl of Girl Fashion, which your tough girl.
Speaker 1: You could sit with us Girl Drama Queens, Drama Queens Drama Queens Drama, Drama, Queens Drama Queens.
Speaker 2: Oh hi, o, Hi, you have us. You have made rob friends. Uh oh wow. We're finding our way through. We're feeling very kind of introverted in cozy today, I would say, in our in our hoodies and just snuggle at the very end of the holidays, trying to save every last moment that we can. How are you it's all the all the sickness passed through the house. I know so many people that got sick over the holidays.
Speaker 3: We got destroyed so well. We had dodged COVID since the whole time, and at the start of December we all got COVID, everyone in the family. And then right as we were getting over it, we had family fly in from New Zealand and one of them caught something on the plane. No, and then I got so then we got sick again. And then right as I was getting over that, like three days ago, I got sick again. Sorry. I don't know what I did to rack up so much bad karma, but I gotta, I gotta fix it because I am so tired of being sick. How about you? How are your holidays?
Speaker 2: They were great and I haven't been sick. I actually this is not a plug for our sponsor, SymbioticA, but I will tell you they sent us a package once when they were sponsoring an episode, and I used it and I loved it, and then I bought a subscription, and now I take these little packets because like vitamin C and elderberry and all these other little thingies from them. I take them every day and I usually will get sick, like I'll get a cold like three times a year, and I've I've had a full thirteen fourteen months with no sickness at all, no cold, no nothing since I've been taking these. Well done, So I'm hoping I'm like knock on wood that it doesn't like, it doesn't pop, it's rear rear, its head. But yeah, I was good, and I've We're healthy over here and feeling cozy but I'm ready. I'm ready for a new year. I'm ready to launch into it. This one is season eight, episode two. I can't see you, but I know you're there. Air date September twenty first, twenty ten, Rob, you want to read the synapsis.
Speaker 3: I'd love to. Clay and Quinn discover they've been shot and as they fight to live, Nathan and Haley struggle with the situation. Meanwhile, Julian tries to preoccupy Jamie and Brooks legal troubles mount Ooh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a there was There was a lot in this that was a lot of bouncing back and forth between incredible tragedy, huge this financial situation with Brooke is. Haley goes, how bad can it get? And Brooks like I could lose a company. I'm like, can't you go to jail? I feel like that's how bad it gets, not losing the company, but anyway, that's whole thing. And then Clay and Quinn just trying to come back to life, and then we're bouncing back and forth between that and the buddy comedy with Jamie and Julian, which is really fun too. So anyway, we were kind of all over the place, but mainly Clay and Quinn. Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: Let's so peak behind the curtain. I was about five minutes into the episode when there was discussions of us not recording this today, and I thought, oh, okay, cool. Now I'm just going to watch it for myself. I'm not going to do like thorough note taking, which is me stopping the episode every thirty seconds to write something down. And I just got to watch it as a viewer, and man, I had the same experience that I did the last time I watched this. I was like, the show's good. I didn't remember any of clayin Quinn's of this part of the story.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 3: I knew we were in a coma. Yeah, I knew we were in a coma, and I remember the stuff from eight oh one where we're like, just it's idyllic and then we realize we've been shot. I didn't realize there was this whole like dream world segment where we are yeah, oh yeah, what's going on? But I also thought it was very effective. I thought Chantell was so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah I agree, but I.
Speaker 3: It made me sad. I was I got it worked for me.
Speaker 2: It was really well done. This whole bit of you guys opening doors and it's and it's a green field, and then you turn a corner and it's a hospital, or you know, you peek around a tree and suddenly it's like there's the hospital hallway, or you being in the room with yourself looking at yourself and having to react to what that would feel like. You know, you hear about people who have these out of body experiences, and I can't even imagine did you rese search any of that for any reason to be able to feel what that would feel?
Speaker 3: I don't know, like no, because I think my thinking was he's never gone through this before, so I think he should be every bit is sort of confused and fish out of water, as I would be. Yeah, So that was just I think that's what I remember playing. I did laugh at the start of it because I had the same thing this episode where I went, how long have they been on the floor bleeding?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I know, and will you hear the medic go yes, twelve plus hours?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, how long did he get shot? Twelve hours? And he's like, I don't know how he's still alive. But I thought, okay, glad you guys addressed it. But it sure feels like a lot more than twelve hours.
Speaker 2: I feel like it was three days.
Speaker 3: I could not believe you guys be the slowest bleed of all time and.
Speaker 2: It was right in your chest. They were doing open heart surgery on you or open cab.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. It was quite full on. But yeah, when the medics said that, I was like, all right, I appreciate you clearing that up for me, but also storytelling, why is it sure feels like a lot more than half a day has passed?
Speaker 2: That for sure was dropped in later that was like somebody in the edit room went, how long have these two been laying on the floor And they were like, throw somebody into adr to say twelve hours. And they put it in the medics scene.
Speaker 3: Because Nathan was working out with Jamie and then he left to camp. That's when he stopped by Clay in Quinn's place. Yeah, so I thought he'd at least been at camp for a day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, it definitely feels like longer than twelve hours. I don't remember finding you guys.
Speaker 3: I didn't either, Joy.
Speaker 2: And no idea that I was the one that walked in. No, no idea.
Speaker 3: I didn't recall that at all.
Speaker 2: Your eyes would were closed, like you guys wouldn't. Maybe they shot that sequence of you laying there and then you guys went to go get cleaned up, and they just shot my individual reaction or something. But that was also that's a lot of cleanup for you guys. Yeah, I feel like those kinds of episodes are hard to shoot when you're back and forth between being bloody and not bloody, and your shirt would be totally crisp and white at one moment and then totally bloody in another moment, and then you have to be in the hospital bed and with so many actors in a scene, trying to coordinate the schedule of all of that, like who's gonna wait while you guys go get cleaned up? And what part of the scene are we gonna shoot while you're get rebloodied? And yeah, that was I feel like there were a lot of moving pieces with this episode.
Speaker 3: That's that's also kind of like though with women's hair, don't you don't you feel like when you're like you're shooting something and it's like over the course of different days and it's like, wait, was her hair up or down? For this, yeah, and there's a lot of it's a thirty minute transformation, so it's like, Okay, what are we gonna do for thirty minutes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's right, because we go from day one to day three, tonight two to one, yeah, day four. Yeah. I Also, what I do remember is that moment where I was talking to Sophia, well Haley and Brooker talking and Chantelle's standing right there and talking to us. I remember that being really hard to just completely ignore her and time out the things that we were saying to each other so that we didn't all talk over each other, but without looking at her, so I couldn't tell when her mouth was gonna move. It was hard. It was harder that I thought it was gonna be.
Speaker 3: I laughed watching that scene just thinking about what that was like for you guys on the day. Ye. It's so First of all, it's hilarious that none of you guys step on each other's lines, because in real life, why would you and the ghost be synced up and never interrupting? It's right, but it's also just the reality of like your friend having to be like, can't you hear me? I'm right here, and you're like I can't hear you, pal.
Speaker 2: I wonder if we rehearsed that, we had to have not traversed it a couple of times.
Speaker 3: How about at the end, or closer to the end, when Nathan has that sweet, sweet speech to Coma Clay.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that was so beautiful.
Speaker 3: Come back and see Clay listening to all of it, but the speech lovely.
Speaker 2: What a great moment of friendship. It was really nice to see Nathan be opened up like that. He's been doing so much more of that lately. It's really nice.
Speaker 3: It was great. I just thought, yeah, like I I know, the whole Katie storyline is so bonkers, and even like this is is, it's out there, but I was invested. I was I was on board, you know, and worried for Clay and Quinn and and how there was that moment where when Clay's like, you gotta go, you got to open your eyes, and there's the last shot of when he was like, we're good, I promise, and then she closes her eyes and there's a quick cut back to Clay and you can see that he's he's not confident in what he just said. A moment of sadness and you're like, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're really holding it all together. And I was wondering that too. Watching Clay, I was like you, I could see you making the choice to be stronger and stronger and have more energy and be in the dream world, and seeing chantale be it seemed like more frail and the dichotomy, I guess, of the two of you, that's not the right word, the contrast of the two of you in different places and her coming back that scene broke my heart. And she's digging in the sand and like you're she doesn't want to leave you. God, it's really so sad. It makes me wonder because you know, there are so many people who have those experiences where they it's like an out of body experience and they are looking down at the doctors working on their own body, and then they live to talk about it. It's so interesting. I wonder how much of that we captured. I wonder if our director or anybody, anither writers or anybody didn't research on that too. I don't know.
Speaker 3: That was also great that the two of them got to be in that in between world together.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what I love.
Speaker 3: How fun I mean, obviously it's terrible that you're there, considering you're on the verge of death, but like, you get to be there with your buddy. At least, that's why I know.
Speaker 2: That would be really fun. Yeah, at least you're there together. Yeah, waiting in the wings.
Speaker 3: Cuddling on a beach top list Like we were just having a good old time for the most part until the whole death thing came back in.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you guys, the realization of think about what happened in the quick cuts and oh, it was all really very effective. So I'm grateful that you're alive so far. Still, obviously Clay comes back and Quinn's back sooner. But this is a good one, And I wonder if does Katie come back more or is that it? Yes, we have to deal with her still.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't recall. The only thing I know is, if you haven't watched the show listener, maybe just like fast forward ten seconds, is that because Sean Tell and her excuse me, Quinn and her have that knockdown, drag out fight at Clay's house.
Speaker 2: Oh that's rare.
Speaker 3: We spoke with her, So that's that's the only thing I know. I don't know how that comes about. I don't know if it's Quinn hunting down Katie or if Katie tries to come back, but I do I think it actually happens while Clay's still in a coma, maybe because I'm not there for it. Why else wouldn't I be at my house?
Speaker 2: Oh you weren't.
Speaker 3: No, that was entirely and Amanda Chantelle night interesting watch me end up actually being there, and I forgot about that. I'm pretty certain it was just the two of them. So no, we're not quite out of the woods with Katie yet. But yeah, also, I will say I did. I didn't realize it because this whole time I've been saying, like, how is she suddenly a cat burglar? And scaling to the second story to get to Play's balcony. And I realized, as I'm sure several annoyed listeners have already known, Clay's sliding door to his bedroom isn't on the second store the second story. It's on the main level. Because you, Hayley, that is you walk up onto the deck in the back, just up the pool stairs.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and go.
Speaker 3: Walk around and go right into the room. So now it suddenly makes sense why she was why Katie has just been going in and out through there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also weird though that when Nathan went over to the house to knock on the door and you didn't answer, Like, it's just so easy to just take a few steps to the back and poke around the corner. It's like his best friend's house. I don't know, wouldn't you just go check, like to make sure that he's hearing you knock on the door.
Speaker 3: The pushback I would give on that is maybe he didn't want to walk around the back and see like Clay and Quinn fooling couch or something.
Speaker 2: Okay, right right, yeah, fair enough, fair enough, that's.
Speaker 3: The out I'll give him. He was, he was just being respectful. Sidebar, Is your hoodie a troop Beverly Hills?
Speaker 2: I think I think it is. I just found this in Kentucky. I drove up to Louisville this a couple of weekends ago to visit family and found this in some random little store in Louisville and just but it feels like it's a true Beverly Hills.
Speaker 3: It does. Shelley Long, I loved that movie so good. Okay, One Tree Hill.
Speaker 2: Okay, speaking of fooling around, who here's who is fooling around? Is Alex and Chase right in front of me. I don't I do not understand Alex's deal, Like can she not just leave well enough alone and she's got him, just enjoy it. Why does she have to just keep rubbing everything in MIA's face? What is going on?
Speaker 3: I don't know, man. There was a there's the moment when Mia towards the end, when Mia comes back to Alex and she's like, hey, you're right. I pushed him away. I blew it. You're still a but you're right. It was my fault. There was a moment where I thought, oh, because there's this like a like a a sincere smile comes across Alex's face, and I thought, oh, is she about to have a moment of going good, I'm out my work, here's done, you know, like she was there just to sort of like teach a lesson, right, but that yeah, no, of course not. And it's like, ah, okay, okay, I don't know, you know, and I forget. There was also one shot in this episode that was a very like gratuitous close up. It was you're like an inso or outro of a scene where it was like close up on like a girl's butt. It was something. There was one of those moments from like uh, but then like Alex having the shots between in her cleavage.
Speaker 2: It's just so dumb.
Speaker 3: It's just I don't it's just odd, you know it is.
Speaker 2: It's odd. I don't know what her problem is. I did like MIA's move of being like, oh, look you have to drive me now I've been drinking and I'm gonna go get this kid just taking them out of the way. I was like, that's that's pretty good. It's pretty smart.
Speaker 3: That was very smart. I just with Alex, it's just odd, right, because she's an internationally known movie star. Yes, there is already dudes lining up at the door. The guy in the front of that line, by the way, was our very own beloved crew member. Saber was the one who was Scotty Safer. No was Alex du prei bart Is this the bar Alex du praise bartending? Yet that was our own uh, Scottie Saber.
Speaker 2: Saber was, by the way, guys, he was a professional wrestler and we used to go watch him wrestle in Wilmington. He had a whole costume and a persona and it was. It was the whole deal, real deal. Hillary could probably tell you a lot more. And I think maybe she's talked about him before on this podcast a couple of years ago. Yeah, but he was just one of our dearly dearly beloved. So it's really fun to I love what our crew members do cameos and they pop up so fun, you know.
Speaker 3: When Okay, So for the listeners, the story Hillary told about Austin joining the show and them going getting going to a wrestling match and painting their faces together, I think, oh yes, And because she was like, is this is this a thing? Here is this guy flirting with me? And then they got there and like he clearly like only had eyes for Sophia or something happened, you know, but that they were going to watch Scotty Saber wrestle. So he has been discussed before. It was on the paint of their faces, that's it.
Speaker 2: So they threw him in the front said hey, here's a line, say it. And so he was the perfect one to look for. Alex Duprey. But yeah, she's she's an international star, superstar tending bar.
Speaker 3: And guys are already lining up at the door pounding on it. I don't think you need to put a shot in your cleavage.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, they're in. They're lucky enough just to sit there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could wear a turtleneck and just read a book and they would still out and be all for itting and get drunk. But you know, Alex doing the most Oh Alex at the start of the episode, when you're writing the letter, which I thought it's always an effective tool for like reminding the audience like what's been going on? But you, uh, you're like, hey, Luke, And I had about maybe this is just my brain fog from being sick three times in last month, but I spent about ten seconds going who's Luke? No, holy cow, who's Luke? And I was like, oh, freaking Bracket's Lucas. It's Lucas. That's funny because I've never heard him called Luke ever. It's always yes.
Speaker 2: But also, he is so not a part of the storyline anymore almost anybody's storyline. It's certainly not yours. He's just not somebody that's talked about a lot. So that makes And it wasn't there when you were there filming. It's not like he was. His character was in your line of vision on a daily basis. That makes total sense.
Speaker 3: Did Haley call him Luke?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, Se, That's why I figured, because you guys were close to every but I just like, what, who's Luke?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, yeah, I'm sure we did a lot Luke, Lucas, Lucas. I think she did both. It was sort of like when your mother calls you by your full name and you you get that. She would do the Lucas and then otherwise it was just Luke. That's really funny. Now, I did like the letter. I'm glad that that. I'm glad that that worked out. It's really sweet seeing Haley pregnant. And you know what's crazy is I got pregnant. I think like three episodes after this. I actually got pregnant in real life, and so they didn't have to write in the pregnancy, but they did have to extend it because I think I was supposed to give birth like three months in the shooting schedule, like three month, three or four months earlier than Joy in real life was going to have Maria. So we probably really screwed up their board in the writer's room.
Speaker 3: Hey, but listen, I mean, at least your character was going to get pregnant because more often than not, like ninety nine percent of the time, it's having to hide a pregnancy with pillows lever blocking. In your case, they just had to stretch the storyline.
Speaker 2: A bit exactly. They were like, Oh, she's already pregnant. Perfect, that's great.
Speaker 3: I thought the bit with Hailey like telling Quinn that she was going to she is going to ask her to be the godmother, that was really sweet.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have a question about this. Yeah, godparents who are already close family members.
Speaker 3: This is a thing that's interesting.
Speaker 2: She's already auntie aunt Quinn. So I thought a godparent was somebody who's not a family member and they sort of get inducted into your family through the godparenting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never heard of it before, but I don't know of any rules that would prevent it.
Speaker 2: We need where's the godparent playbook? We need we need the.
Speaker 3: Rules because you're right, it's it's typically not of the biological family. It's usually like the best friend.
Speaker 2: Right, That's what I thought. It's the best friend. Then you're you're now the godfather, so you're like kind of part of the family.
Speaker 3: Maybe Haley was just desperate and grasping its straws, and she was like, I need you to come back. You were going to be the godmother.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now she's really roped into it, she's really stuck. Well, she's also already passed out godparent, right, Like I think Brooke was godmother for Jamie. I think, Oh, fans, I'm sorry if I'm getting this wrong. Our producer says, yes, okay, so Brooke is Jamie's godmother. Lydia is coming. Okay, So Quinn's going to be Lydia's godmother, which is just going to be strange because it's already aunt Quinn. But does a godmother what does a godparent do? Do you guys have godparents for your kids?
Speaker 3: No, but typically because we are the godparents to a child. And at least in our case, what that meant was they said, if God forbid something ever happened to both of us, we would like you to take her. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: But I think that there's a lot of people who just do it more casually where it's just like we want you to be I mean, in religious families, it's we would like you to be the one to sort of like the spiritual elder to like, you know, help this person grow.
Speaker 2: Spiritually, like a mentor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like a mentor. But I think it's also just sort of like casually like love our kid, be close with our kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's really beautiful, but also kind of defeats the purpose because an aunt or uncle, I imagine, would already be invested. So all right, let us know friends, let us know if you if anybody out there has a godparent who is also already a close member of the family, how does that work or change? Does it change anything?
Speaker 1: Hmm?
Speaker 2: Anyway, that's that's my two cents.
Speaker 3: Is I feel like Skills has to be at least honorary?
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, yes, he has to be. Is there a godfather for Jamie or is it just Brooke is the godmother? Lucas I would imagine would be the god Yeah, okay, so Luke is the godfather and Brooke is the godmother. But Luke is certainly not holding up his end of the bargain. He bailed the godfather.
Speaker 3: My send the card once every couple of years, the five dollars bill in it. Meanwhile, Skills, that's right, taking him to lunch.
Speaker 2: Well, it's Julian in this episode. Because this was so fun. I loved this. This we do buddy comedy really well on this show. I loved watching the two of them together, Chas and Mia showing up at the park, and Jackson's whole comedy bit with them, his ability to oh, oh yeah sure, and then the face drop of like I don't know these friggin people, his comic timing with Austin. I was on board. I wanted more and more and more, like, way more of this in the episode.
Speaker 3: They were great. And I love that line Jamie had where I think he said something the effective Yeah, given my history or given my track record, I think I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Pass kidnapping record. Yeah, like my track record of being kidnapped, I'm going to pass. You want me to go to your car and get candy from a stranger?
Speaker 3: Pass?
Speaker 2: And then Julian shows up. He just walks in and he's like, hey, your mom called me to pick you up. He's like all right, bye.
Speaker 3: Yes. It was so good and I like how he didn't remember Chase, Poor Chase. Who are you? Victoria Davis? I like that we had that, we had Steven back. It's always fun to have Stephen in an episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: I like that. There was some clarification with the breakup that we actually got to hear me and chasing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, have they not had a conversation yet?
Speaker 3: It had like one outside trick. Remember, Yeah, they went rested on like a like a walkway outside. Oh.
Speaker 2: But she really goes into it in this episode where she and the road and the night all made a decision together that she was a bad girlfriend. Yes, and he deserves better and better to her is clearly not Alex Duprey, but we shall see what happens. But anyway, I love Okay, So Julian taking Jamie to the batting cages so fun. More of their dialogue so great comic relief. And I love this part when they're sitting in the in this arcade and Julian's making up a storyline about random strangers and they're just sitting there watching, Oh my god, the line about He says, oh, yeah, this guy's an alcohol and Jamie goes, Chuck's mom's an alcoholic. It's like I know somebody who went to college there, just throwing it out there, so offensive, and Jamie calling him on it and just saying, hey, man, uh yeah, this lady's hanging out with the kid that's not her own because something is going on that she doesn't have the guts to tell him what's actually happening.
Speaker 3: Smart, Smart, I it was great to see Lee. Yes, I love me some Lee Norris. When he walked into Close Over Bros. At the start of it, and it was just Julian in an empty store, and he went on, I guess I picked a bad day to come asking for a job.
Speaker 2: That's right, But also does he in need of a job?
Speaker 3: I forgot guts. That was where I was confused. Right at first, I thought that's a funny line and because given a situation. But then when he goes to trick and he's like, I asked you for a job, and I'm like, oh, oh, so this is a new this is like gonna be a story. Okay. Wait.
Speaker 2: Also, why was Julian so chill when he walked into the store. Did you notice that he just like walked in and looked around at everything, like all the merchandise emptied out, the entire store is cleared, and he just looks around with no there's like almost no expression, like he wasn't surprised. He was just kind of and I thought maybe I missed something. Does he already know what's going on? I don't remember them having a conversation. I guess I just was expecting a bigger reaction. As somebody walks into a shop that's completely cleared out, you'd be like, uh, what the what? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You know, he's just a cool cucumber, that guy.
Speaker 2: I guess, so, yeah, he just likes to keep it all real close to the vest.
Speaker 3: I didn't notice that. But then yeah, so then Lee, excuse me, mouth goes to trick and you know, he's like, hey, I asked you for a job. And then as soon as and Chase is like the Alex goes. You know, I tied a cherry stem into a knot with and as soon as I saw Lee reach for a cherry halfway into that scene, I was like, all right, oh yeah, is this gonna be the button? And sure it was. He pulls out the knotted cherry stem and goes I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: Looks, how often in middle school did you try and do that? Or high school? Can you do that?
Speaker 3: I have pulled it off before, but it.
Speaker 2: Takes like an hour and your tongue is all worn out. Oh yeah, it's so hard to do.
Speaker 3: It's also it's just it's so funny that that became something that was the benchmark. Yeah, the benchmark for like sexual prowess was like tongue agility.
Speaker 2: To turn it into to take a cherry stem and twist it into a knot yeah who I don't understand, but I remember hearing that in high school and being like, oh oh no, I got to figure out how to do this sit around cherry stemps. Like I wasn't even having sex in high school. I just thought, I guess I better know how to do this. That's that seems like probably what I should do.
Speaker 3: Same I was, you know, virgin high school, are probably going maybe this will be what changes the tide. I should learn how to tie a cherry stemino not. Yeah, well I got news for you, folks. I learned and it changed nothing. I went college a virgin. In case there is any listeners out there going like, maybe this will be what changes things for me, maybe I should do No, it won't don't change nothing.
Speaker 2: Nothing nothing. It's a fun party trick. But yeah, is it?
Speaker 3: If we were at a party joy and I did that, would you just would you? Would you be impressed or would you just look around to see how everyone else was reacting.
Speaker 2: It depends on how bored we were.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess maybe my reaction it would be maybe what's important is like the the delivery on the face of the person who ties it. Yes, yes, Like if I pulled it out very self satisfied or like look what I did, then maybe it's like h. But if it was just like, h what do you think of that? You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know. If I'm like, hey, do you have any trash? I'm gonna go throw out this drink and napkins, and you just like pull the cherry stem out of your mouth that was in a knot and just set it on my cocktail. I'm kidding, then I might laugh. That'd be entertaining.
Speaker 3: It would be the funniest, weirdest moment of the night. Would be You're like, oh, is that was this a flirt? What's happening? There's on it? I don't know whether it'd be grossed out or intrigued.
Speaker 2: He's just bored this like it would be like this is what Rob does when he's bored and doesn't want to talk to anybody at a party. He's just he's just twisting cherry stems in his mouth, and I just got a little glimpse into that because now I'm throwing it away and it would just make me love you all the more.
Speaker 3: Cut to a year from now, I'm me at one of your dinner parties and I'm just like off, being weird and isolated, and you come over and You're like, hey, man, are you do You're not liking the vibe? Is this not fun? And I'm like, not now, joy, I am just fantically trying to tie this cherry stem with my tongue. Okay, give me some space. I love the people here, I love the vibe, the food's great, but I'm really focused on the cherry stemnot okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what other things did we do in high school that we thought were super super important and then never used again other than half of the education we received?
Speaker 3: Oh, geometry? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know either. I'm trying to think of like movies or pop culture things that we just thought, Man, this is really gonna I mean, driving a stick it's fun to know how to do, but are you ever going to use it?
Speaker 3: I haven't since I learned I had this Cringey recall the other day that in high school we used to call like when you made out with someone scamming scamming? Did you hear like, you know, like Alex and Chase totally scammed last night? Ye whoa she wants to sam with you? And now I don't. I hear that and I go, what, that's the dumbest thing? What does that even all.
Speaker 2: Of our lingo? My little my little six year old niece was hanging out of the holidays and her brother said something and she goes, that's so cap I and my six year old niece had to explain it to me because I had no idea where that even came from.
Speaker 3: Listen, I feel cool right now because I do know what that means. But I hear you that. When I hear the lingo, I'm like, oh, I already feel like the seventy year old man who's like shaking his fist going get off my lawn because I hear like, what's the skibbity? And you know, yeah, I'm just like you guys sound like freaking titons. Stop the normal words.
Speaker 2: Will it ever come back?
Speaker 3: We?
Speaker 2: Will it ever come full circle? Like we're not using swell or we still use cool, but I guess cool is out. No, I think I think once the lingo is in, it's in, and then once it goes out, it's out. I don't think it ever it makes a circle back.
Speaker 3: Okay, So there's a great scene with Brooke and Victoria at the end.
Speaker 2: Oh, Victoria, we have to talk about this, Okay.
Speaker 3: Brooke is red hot at Victoria and Millie rightfully so, and then she comes out and she's like, like, were you never proud of me? Do you believe in me? And Brook and Victoria has that wonderful retort where she's like, you pay me to gamble, and I've been gambling on you succeeding because of how much I believe in you. Yes, And the thing you don't pay me for is being proud of you. You, and I've always been proud of you. It's really sweet. And you know, Daphne just killed it. Her delivery was just awesome.
Speaker 2: And so since here, this one is hard because she's saying, you pay me to take risks and to do what I think is best for the company. But I love you and I have your best interest at heart, and I'm proud of you. But she's also cheating and not doing what's supposed to be done. So it's like, you know, to have someone tell you they love you, they have your best interest at heart, they're proud of you, but also what their actions are very opposite. I mean, I guess in Victoria's mind it's not opposite. But I really struggled with that because I see her sincerity.
Speaker 3: But come on, but I agree with you because it's it's she's sort of she's not telling the whole story, right, Yeause, if you love someone and you believe in someone, mostly, if you just care about someone and you are making a decision that is going to expose them to risk, if you care about them then and you respect them, then you should you should tell that to them before you make that decision. Yes, and you should give them an opportunity.
Speaker 2: She signed things that she didn't know that she had what she was signing. That's so it's beyond deceptive. It is deceptive, but it's so manipulative. It's so disrespectful, unloving, uncaring, coercive. It's not that's not loving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's it's not. And it's a little I don't want to say, like gas light you but like I said, she's not telling the whole story. Just keep going like it's because I believe in you and I love you. It's like, eh, yes, but but you now look with the consequences are like, if you loved me, I feel like you would try to prevent me from being in this spot, or at least to me and be like, hey, we're in a pickle. Here's what I'm thinking about doing, but it exposes us to some risk. How do you feel about it? But when you just make a unilateral decision that's going to have such huge implications if it doesn't work out, that just seems irresponsible in brash.
Speaker 2: I think, So I I want to leave room for grace and growing, Like Victoria is rapidly changing as a person. We've seen all of her emotional growth and maturity and it's exciting. And so I struggle with this because it's I wonder where the line is between acknowledging that someone has done something that is unacceptable and also acknowledging that in their mind it was from a good place. Because their level of emotional intelligence or behavioral intelligence has not has not advanced past what they grew up as and how they function and the best that they know how to how to do in life. You know, it's like, how do you how do you hold someone to a quality standard? But also understand that Victoria is not just going to change overnight to know what I'm saying. Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: Yes? It does, right, because it's she made a big mistake. It's not a relationship ender.
Speaker 2: I mean, it might be for some people, but in this case, between the two of them, they're sorting through it. I didn't mean to cut you off. I'm sorry, Rob, go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, No, No, it's okay. I'm just thinking like it it's easy for it not to be, you know. I like, it's because she may have been doing these kind of things for like the last ten years. Yeah, you know, so it again, she didn't make the right decision, but there may be a pretty compelling story behind why she did it. That's not just she was flying fast and loose and like, yeah, like letting her ego run the show. Like there may have been, like I said, a decade of experience that told her we're okay, we do this a lot. She comes through, We're all right. You know, I've done this ten times before and it's never bid us once. It's a calculated risk. It. Like I said, it's unfortunate that it's gonna it could have huge, huge fallout because you're right, by the way, the worst case scenario isn't she loses close over bros. That's close to the best case scenario. Yeah, the worst case scenario is you're going to white collar prison for a while. Yeah, it's bad.
Speaker 2: That's really I'm surprised that didn't come up in the writer's room, or maybe it did and it was just I guess decided that wasn't an option. But yeah, that's all I was thinking of watching this storyline, going oh my god, these people could go to prison, all three of these characters. This is not just losing the company. Losing the company is bad, but but then never being able to open another company or find new investors and then yes, going to prison. Oh I don't know what's going to happen. I have no idea. I completely forgot that this storyline existed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just about everything that happened in this episode I was basically watching for the first time, which is fun though, because I don't know what's coming. Like I told you, I was shocked when you said you were when Haley says she's pregnant.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, whoa. And the only thing that I that made sense to me was I remembered the scene being in a hospital with so excuse me, Brooke, Jamie, Clay and Quinn and we're doing the saltine challenge and I remember so. Then once I was seeing with that today, I said, oh, maybe that's when Hayley's in labor, were all at the hospital. Maybe that's when we did the saltine changing.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I remember this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Because like I said, I I had zero recollection of that, but I just I put that together tas I was watching the episode, and I was like, oh, maybe that's why we were all in the hospital together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that we had. That was one thing thought I had watching this episode was we spent a lot of time in the hospital as a cast. At least once a season there was some lengthy storyline that included a hospital. We eventually just bought out a fact or maybe we rented out a factory and old factory in Wilmington and gutted the whole bottom floor and turned it into a fake hospital wing because the hallways load in a way that made sense for our shots. And for cameras. So instead of using our stages that we actually had to go film that, we just started to build at a completely different location, this old factory it was. Did you ever go wander around there when you like kind of went off of what sets we built and found yourself in just random old abandoned factory machines and.
Speaker 3: No recollection of it that it was in an old factory. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Oh no, really, yeah, I wish I remember what it made. I don't know if it was like telephones or if it was baked goods, but I definitely remember wandering off and wandering into rooms that were full conveyor belts.
Speaker 3: It is like, did you just say it's a factory that either made telephones or baked goods. Could you explain to me what machinery you saw that made you think that specifically either makes a telephone or croissant.
Speaker 2: I don't remember. I just remember feeling like when we were there. The memory I have in my brain is somebody told me they make either telephones or something yummy.
Speaker 3: Incredible. We have a fan question, Yes, would you like to read it? Sure?
Speaker 2: It's from Brinicole and she's asking She says, if somebody asked you what the show was about. How would you describe it from season one to season nine and what are some key points you would talk about to get someone interested.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is a question for you.
Speaker 2: It's teenagers in a small southern town going through average everyday life before the age of cell phones and feeling their feelings. They grow up together, they have lots of drama together, and uh, there's this constant through line of hope and redemption and uh there's a constant arc of struggle and how you how you use lean on each other to uh to overcome it. I would say that's sort of the long through line. But key points to tell people about to get them interested.
Speaker 3: Tape sings, car crashes, dogs eating hard, dog sitting cards, doppelganger psychopaths.
Speaker 2: Yeah, motivational speak here a hero villain, villain becomes a motivational speaker. Russian mafia, which we get to eventually.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, you've forgotten about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all that, all that plus just regular old emotions.
Speaker 3: You have an honorable mention from this episode.
Speaker 2: I thought Austin was great in the episode. It was he was really fun to watch interact with Jamie, his comic timing, his flat dry sense of humor that really comes out and plays very well off of Jackson, was just super fun to watch. What about you?
Speaker 3: The honorable mention I want to say, is you saying that we shot at a factory that either made telephones or baked goods. But to give proper credit where it's due, my honorable mention I will give to Jackson because I thought he was so funny in this episode. Yeah, he didn't push it, he wasn't reaching for like there was a there was a very good, subtle tea and kind of confidence to it where he was, like I said, he wasn't putting anything on it, which is crazy for a young person to have sort of that comfort and confidence and like this is just gonna be funny, like typically can like punch. It isn't that funny, you know, And he was just like you gotta let that go man, the Ben Brian Fernandez thing or you know. He was just great. So yeah, Jackson, he's my honorable mention.
Speaker 2: I'm on board. Hey, let's spin a wheel. Thanks for hanging out with us today, friends, Okay, go ahead. I did the question.
Speaker 3: Most likely to order dessert before dinner.
Speaker 2: I kind of feel like Sophia, but I don't know why do you think that's true?
Speaker 3: Interesting? I feel like they could also be Hillary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, both of them, I think for I think for different reasons. I think Hillary's always been very nonchalant. But I don't think she's a foodie. She wasn't raised with this sort of like passion around food, so I think she'd just be like, yeah, whatever, just put in front of me, ill eat it. Sophie, I could see ordering dessert before dinner out of a sense of adventure and like, especially if she was hanging out with one of her god children or something, and maybe being like, yeah, let's do it. Why not let's just have a whole bunch of pie or ice cream or whatever.
Speaker 3: Would you bump on that someone was like, hey, let's eat dessert before our entree.
Speaker 2: That depends on the day and how much if you.
Speaker 3: Run a date a first date, oh first date, and the guy was like, hey, do you want to get crazy? And you're like, oh my god, yeah, and he's like, I want to order us dessert before we have our entrees. What are you feeling?
Speaker 2: Be like, yes, sign me up, let's do it. Let's see what happens. It might be a whole digestive adventure. I never knew possible. Yep, are you a dessert before dinner kind of a person?
Speaker 3: Not true, like not historically, but I am not opposed to it. Like if we if we order in like we did this few times with the holidays, like ordered Mexican and the place serves churos, I'm absolutely orderings. Oh yes I will. I will take a chiro out of the bag and snack on that first.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, all right, we're on the same page.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, next episode, Season eight, episode three, the space in between.
Speaker 2: Well, see you guys. Then, thanks for hanging out, Hey, thanks for listening. Don't forget to leave us a review. You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queen's ot h or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com. See you next time.
Speaker 1: We all about that high school drama Girl, Drama Girl, all about them high school queens.
Speaker 2: We'll take you for a ride and our comic girl shared for the right teams. Drama Queens, please my girl, rough girl fashion with your tough girl.
Speaker 1: You could sit with us Girl Drama Queens, Drama Quease drama queens, Drama, drama queens, Drama queens