Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaselle Bryant. What's up? What's up? Y'all?
Speaker 1: This is Robin Dixon, Robin Dixie, y'all. Yes, she's end up building. She's ready.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being here, y'all. I appreciate you. We do. We do as always. Yes, are you reasonable today? I yes, I'm always reasonable. Okay, you've been shady lately, have I You've been trying to come for my job. Oh, nobody can take that if you if you get shady, I have to be reasonable. I don't do that though, you don't, so yeah, it is what it is. Oh you don't. What have you been up to? What have I been up to?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: Okay? So let's see the past couple of weeks. Yeah, gosh, I feel like life.
Speaker 1: Okay, since like school started and you're like out of this now because your girls drive to school, right, Grace is in college and girls driving school. I'm like in the thick of it because Cory and Carter are in different schools, different directions, like you know, Corey schools. First of all, I am waking up earlier in my life than I've ever been.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love that, but I'm actually okay with it. Yeah, okay. When you say earlier than what time six point twenty, my alarm goes off. Wow, yes, okay, that's that's very early for robins.
Speaker 1: It is, okay, And I'm like, I've had probably one day when I've had to come home and go back to sleep. Okay, but like shit, but last year, yeah, I literally would take them to school and come home and go back to.
Speaker 2: Sleep, like every day. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: So I'm you know, proud of myself. I'm doing that, very.
Speaker 2: Proud of you.
Speaker 1: But it's so crazy, like when you're up, when you're like up that early and you stay awake the whole day.
Speaker 2: These days are long as shit. Okay, okay, good, twenty four hours twenty four hours a day, Yes, twenty four hours, but you might want to go to bed a little earlier since you had to get up early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's a hard part. I still like, don't go to bed early enough. Okay, So I'm really only getting sixty seven hours of sleep a night, okay, and like good, it's okay, Like I'm like a I need like an eight to nine. That's my ideal sleep, amunt of sleep. Yes, So whatever, anyway, is that a shady moment?
Speaker 2: No, you have to get up early? Okay, with's a shady moment. Shady moment? Yeah, you ask me what I've been doing, but no, I was just combining it with the shady moment. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, well we'll get back to what I've been doing. A shady moment. So I had a day where I was like I had I was feeling like I wanted to be a good Samaritan.
Speaker 2: I love that. Yeah, I love being a good Samaritan. I do too. Okay.
Speaker 1: So one is a cousin that has some issues and he's and he wants to come on the podcast. So he's okay, he wants to be on the podcast, on the show, and I'm telling you, this guy is like the funniest guy in the world.
Speaker 2: What kind of issues do are we talking? Like? Drug issues? Oh? Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So he's in rehab and so like I reached out to him just to like give him encouragement.
Speaker 2: Nice, you know, and then he's like, yeah, you gotta get some money.
Speaker 1: I'm like, wow, Jesus, right, Okay, so okay, all right, where's this going? So I give him some money just a little bit, Yeah, just a little bit, Like I was. I had to had to verify that it was okay to send.
Speaker 2: Him some money and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I gave him to money and then of course it was like, yeah, thanks for the money. I paid my phone bill. Now I need to buy some groceries, gonna get some more money.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, see what, that's what's what, That's how it happens.
Speaker 1: That's why you don't start give him a little bit, and then they want more and more and more, and I'm just like I want to support I want you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I want to be there for you.
Speaker 1: And he was really very appreciative that I even like reached out and like it made his day.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, so what did you do? You bought him a house? Like where are we going here? So so I'm kind of like, okay, I left him on red okay, And then and what does that mean? People say that the young people say that what does that mean? I meant you on red? That means like you read the message but you didn't reply. Oh oh okay, Yeah, that's not called ghosting. No, it's not ghosting.
Speaker 1: I mean kind of yes, yes, I think, and I think that's like ghosting would be in the sense of like when you're like dating somebody and then all of a sudden you.
Speaker 2: Just like disappeared ghost gotcha, right?
Speaker 1: Okay, right, So anyway I'm gonna I'm gonna send him something for his groceries, no, Robin. So I'm gonna figure out, like, okay, can I send you? Like what can what groceries can I send you?
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But the shadey moment is just like okay, like I was doing a good thing, I was being nice, and then it's like that wasn't It's like you open the door to like having more, you know, saying well.
Speaker 2: I need this, I need more, I need more and more. Yeah, that's a lot speaking of always wanting more. There's my children, and so you know, Grace would be part of my shady moment. Yes, love her and all, but she's getting hot enough, okay, just kidding, not kidding. So this and this actually happened. I'm still like I get flashbacks by it. But this happened actually like two weeks ago. So we were all traveling I bought Grace a ticket. It was very early in the morning. It was a six am flight, and so the worst, but those are actually the best because they typically leave on time. You don't have there's no delay. You just got to get your ass to the airport. So I talked to her the night before. I said, Grace, you know you have a really early flight. Have you secured your ride to the airport? And she's like, oh yeah, Mommy, I got that. So I was like, okay. I was like, you're going to Uber. She's like, no, I got a ride. So I said, okay, great. So she calls me at five oh three in the morning and I look. She facetimes me and I look in the background and she's still in her room. Oh And I was like what like, but I was I was sleep so it didn't all register. So we hung out. Oh. She called me to say is the confirmation number also the record locator number? I said, what now? Mind you, Grace. You've flown around the world with me, and I guess I've made it too easy for her because I've taken care of everything. I've just been like, she just follows us onto the plane. So I said, yeah, Grace, they're the same. So she's like, okay, okay, goodbye. So we hang up and it's about like five twenty and she doesn't live that far from the airport, so I'm sorry texting her like are you at the gate? Are you at the gate? And I didn't get any answer. She said I'm going through security. So I was like, okay. Then I'm like, are you at the gate? Are you at the gate? And then she face times me five fourwenty four and she says, mom at the gate. She's like, mom at the gate? Like why is the door closed at the gate because you missed you? She says it's not six o'clock yet, Oh no, it's not six o'clock. Would they close the door? I wanted to strangle her through the phone. I was like, when do we go to the flight at the time that it says? Oh my god, Like I What's when's her birthday? Oh she's November fourth. Oh she's a what is that Gemini or something? No, she's not saying no, that's not a sad she's oh, yeah, she's a score. I don't know anything about them yet, you don't need it, okay. So the good news that was all very shady like my I literally screamed so loud I was with the twins. I was screaming so loudly. They took the phone away from me, and I said to myself, I failed as a mother. I think she made me feel like I failed as a mother because this child does not know that you have to get to the gate at least thirty minutes prior.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, fifteen, she knows now fifteen if you're cutting it close, everyone else, everyone else a good thirty maybe thirty five.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, So she learned. You know, there's a lot of things in life you have to learn yourself. You do right, you do?
Speaker 1: Okay, because I know for her, she's like, oh, why do you need to get there early? I just get there when it leaves. And then you know, she's got to learn that.
Speaker 2: For her, she did. That was her life lesson. That was her life lesson. But it sent me through the roof. Yes, this was her second time flying by herself. But yees, she has now learned. Now I do want this Switching subjects really quickly, Okay. Have we talked about the Roman Empire? We were supposed to talk about it the last time we got together. No, we cannot.
Speaker 1: So there's a TikTok. Yes, I've seen it about the Roman Empire. Yes, so you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: Yes? Did you ask one? No? Okay, I already know the answer. Okay, you might not. He might surprise you. No, okay, I know the answer. The TikTok is all these like the girls are all these girls are asking their husbands or significant of us wherever men do you think about the Roman Empire? Right?
Speaker 1: How often do you think about the Roman? And they're all like, oh, yesterday, every day, every day?
Speaker 2: Oh well, what part the gladiators or the like? They like they think about it? So I was like intrigued, Right, So I went on a hunt and I was asking all these dudes do you think about the Roman Empire? So I asked Cow first, I don't know why Cow. Have y'all met cav He said, the hell are you talking about? Right? So what he was like, no, what do you mean? I was like, okay, never mind, I shouldn't have started with you. So then I asked Jason. I was like, okay, how often do you think about the Roman Empire? And he hesitated for like a long time, and he said, what about it, and I said, said any part right. He was like, you mean like Coloseums and the gladiators. I said yeah, He said yeah, think about it, about it?
Speaker 1: He want it like every day, but you know it crosses his mind every now and again.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I wanted you to ask one. Can we call one? We can? We can see the answer. I already know his answer. Well, okay, but Robin, he might surprise.
Speaker 1: All right, let me tell you. I saw I saw a real of a. It's an American girl that's married to an Italian man. And she asked him and he was like, huh, like why are you asking me this? Like right, he does not he's Italian and he does not think about the Roman Empire.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, But it's what's so weird about this is why would any man be thinking about the Roman Empire? But apparently they do, right all the time. Some of them. Let's see some of them, not Colt. Okay, let's see we get wine on the phone. We need to know who's thinking about the Roman Empire. Hello, Hi, are you in the house.
Speaker 1: No, okay, I have a quick question. You're on the podcast, really quick. It's not shady. Don't worry.
Speaker 2: I can doctor, no, real quick, no, real quick, really quick. You can ask your doctor the same question. Yes, you ready?
Speaker 1: How often do you think about the Roman Empire? How often do I think about the Roman Empire?
Speaker 2: Yes? I don't, okay, ask the doctor. Is the doctor right there? Yes? Is there any other men in the room? Are there any other men in the room? Doctor McCoy?
Speaker 1: Do you do you ever think about the Roman Empire? I just did right now.
Speaker 2: He just did right now, right now. But outside of that, normally he does it. No, really, he does it. Okay, thank you one, all right? Because you maybe just think about it. He think about Why do you ask me that?
Speaker 1: It's explain like it's like a TikTok phenomenon. Apparently there's a lot of men that think about the Roman Empire on the daily.
Speaker 2: So I just want to see if you were one of them the Roman Empire? Yeah? Is that a trick question? No?
Speaker 1: Like who thinks about the Roman Empire?
Speaker 2: A lot of people, A lot of men. I don't know. Do you think you don't have time?
Speaker 1: No, I mean I don't know the Roman Empire, the ruler that I mean powerful, I don't know the colisseum. Remember, I mean I watched I watched it, but I ain't I don't think.
Speaker 2: I ain't think about it. Well, there's a lot of people that do. Thank you one.
Speaker 1: All right, everyone wan Dixon's recently shady debut.
Speaker 2: Bye, Okay, so one has just clarify he has spoken for all black men that everywhere. Yeah, and I believe doctor McCoy's black too. Yeah, I could tell. Yeah. So there you have it. Not the Roman Empire, nonsense. No one thinks about. Okay, how's your phone working? Because since this iPhone fifteen came out? Have you been getting glitches? No, but I haven't done the update.
Speaker 1: Have you updated your phone? Oh there's an update? Oh no, you're supposed to update. Well wait, so you've been getting glitches I've.
Speaker 2: Been getting like I call you and then you answer and then I can't hear you for like four seconds, and then I can hear you. Oh really, Yeah, and that's new since I phone fifteen came out. Because this is what they do, They try to get us to all buy new phone. Guess what mine's on the way. I'm sure, I'm sure it is rob because you have to be updated. Well, no, after you know why why?
Speaker 1: Because I have this big ass Max Pro Max and it is too fucking big.
Speaker 2: Really, my hand hurts. I'm right, okay, Robin knows. I've been talking about my hand hurting for years. And everybody makes fun of my little baby thirteen. I mean when I say baby, it's a mini. I have a Mini thirteen.
Speaker 1: So that phone is like super small, yes, because my hand would hurt. And you said to me, okay, you so that's weird, right. I thought you were like a loser for being on your phone all the time or something.
Speaker 2: And then what do you know, I'm a loser too because I won't like and you never want to tell me that I'm not a loser, like you kept that to yourself. Mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So my my iPhone fifteen all right, So here's what happened. I went online because so I have a fourteen Plu Pro Max. Yeah, and I went online. I didn't even know the fifteen was coming out. I went online because I wanted to just trade it in for a iPhone fourteen regular Pro.
Speaker 2: And they don't make them anymore.
Speaker 1: Because they're they because of these fifteens are coming out. So I was forced to get a fifteen forced well, right, because I could have gotten a twelve, I guess, or I could have gotten like a used I could have gotten like a used fourteen, which I don't want. So yeah, so now I'm getting a fifteen, and I'm gonna like, send this one, send my fourteen max whatever back back in and get somebody for it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm here to tell everybody, y'all, hand's gonna be hurting in like two years. Yes, yes, yes, so everybody should get a mini.
Speaker 1: I don't know about the mini. I mean, I think the other one will be just mine and then and then Max. And this big ice phone can't even fit in some of my little clutches, like my little person. Yes, I know, but I get my phone fit's nice, slides right in if it's everywhere. But you need to update your phone. If you're having any type of clutches, I'll update to your little update. I won't to talk about kry Washington. Can we talk about her?
Speaker 2: Sure? Because she has a new book out Thicker than Water. And that's why I tell my kids all the time that blood is thicker than water, which means that respect your family more so than your friends. That's how I was raised. Yep, to hell with your friends. Yep, it's families first. I agree. Okay, me too, yep, except if it's roving, I don't. I would never say to hell with roping. Okay anyway, So in the book, she reveals that she learned that her dad was not her biological father I think recently, and she was conceived via sperm donor. Oh, Skip Gates has that show Finding Your Roots, and she was She's getting the DNA squab and all that so that Skip could do the research about my god. And her mama said, oh, oh, oh wait, wait a minute, wait time out. Need to tell you something. Your daddy ain't your daddy. Can you imagine? No, at what age was she when recent? This recent? Like two years ago or something? Grace?
Speaker 3: Wow, I knew that that there was something between my parents and I, And because I didn't know what it was, a lot of times I blamed myself for that or maybe thought I was crazy for thinking it, maybe thought maybe I'm just not open enough, like I was always trying to figure it out. So when they told me, it felt like I don't know, it.
Speaker 2: Felt like I could breathe.
Speaker 3: It felt like, oh, this is this is a real opportunity for me to jump into this new kind of understanding of myself and my life. And you know, it was it was really exciting.
Speaker 2: But I'm not when I think about it, I'm not really mad at her. Am I mad that she did?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Not really, because you're.
Speaker 1: I mean, what difference does it make because it's not like, so it's an anonymous sperm donor. So it's like, she'll never know who her biological father is.
Speaker 2: So what's the.
Speaker 1: Point in telling her that you don't know who your biological father?
Speaker 2: Well, what's the point of telling her that her the father, that man that's raising her in the house with her parent are still together. It's not your dad, biological dad?
Speaker 1: Like, what's I feel like as a child, I feel like, Okay, if this was me, if I was you know, if I was her mom and I'm raising a child, I don't know what age it's appropriate to tell her when she's little, right, like how to comprehend that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And then and then there becomes a time when it's like, Okay, it switches from will they be able to comprehend to will they internalize this?
Speaker 2: Yes? You know what I mean? Yeah? And I think the appropriate time is when you are doing a documentary about your lineas.
Speaker 1: Right and your in your forties, because I just feel like that when you're growing up anytime from like you know, birth through shit, your early to mid twenties, like those are very formative years where anything that happens to you in your life, especially in your family life, can really affect you for the rest of your life. Yes, you know, so who knows. Had they told her that early on, she may have internalized it and become more sensitive. And then her relationship with her father, she might overanalyze how he treats her and think, you know what I'm saying. So I think it's I think it's necessary for health purposes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's some you know, if you need to know that, you know, you might potentially have cancer or something like that. I have a girlfriend, actually, one of my line sisters did a donor situation, and she has a son, okay, and so I said, what's what like when he grows up, Like, what's the story? Yeah, give me the story. So she's like, what are you talking about? Like, what do you mean? What am I talking about? Like when he owes a school, he's talking to his friends, what is he saying to his friends? What is the story? Is he going to say, my dad's a spark. Is he going to say, like, you need to give a child the you need to equip them and empower them with something to say about who his parents are, right, And so she thought I was crazy.
Speaker 1: She had never thought about that. And how old was a child at that time?
Speaker 2: A baby? A baby? Yeah? So I mean maybe she did come up with a story, But like, you do need to this. I know this is I can do a Kerry Washington, but you do need to allow children to feel empowered by where they came from and who they are.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I agree. So I wonder if anyone who's listening, you know, are you in similar situations, whether you have a child by a sperm donor or you are the child of a sperm donor, Like.
Speaker 2: What you know, how did you go about it right?
Speaker 1: What did you tell your child or what were you told as a child, Like I'm just curious because that is that's something that we don't think about every day. But I can see where, yes, in the classroom, everyone's like, oh my mommy does this and my daddy does this, and so when that question comes up, I could see a kid kind of being stuck or maybe they're just like, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, did you tell them? And I was like hyper aware about it at the time because my kids were at the age where were they were in school talking about their parents yea, and talking about what their parents did and you know, you know, and then they asked parents come in and do what do you call it? Oh, career day, career day, all that nonsense.
Speaker 1: So so did Carrie Washington indicate that she was upset about it? But yeah, yeah, she was upset about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See there's there's like and then I think she went on a bender. Did she go on a drinking bender or something?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, I did hear her talking about her sex, drugs and rock and roll. Okay, she went on a bender just because she was having a bad week. Yeah, but that is hard. It's like you don't care. I know. I think I've said this before.
Speaker 1: She's one of the like I've seen her in person a long time ago, and she was like the most stunning person I've ever seen in life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's and you know, look at her body at work like she's really miss you miss Candy? Do you miss Scandal? You can watch it again? I don't know, you know, what's gonna happen? Yeah, yeah, I have missed her on television. Yeah, she hasn't really been on. She had something on like Hulu. She did a little short thing. But yeah, come on, Carrie, get back on TV. Now, I was I can you imagine this? So there was a flight to Singapore and there was a dog on there farting. Oh god.
Speaker 4: So about halfway through the thirteen hour flight, the couple alleges the dog started passing gas and was breathing heavily. What's more, the man says it was taken over his leg room and drooling on his bare legs.
Speaker 1: He was wearing shorts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know a dog that farts a lot. But I'm not gonna say who the dog is. And it's been around me and my kids, and we get very angry with the dog. I'm just protecting the dog's owner. So like, the dog farts all the time. So no, So can you imagine being on a floor some dogs owner flight to Singapore. So that's a long ass flight and the dog is on there farting and funking up the whole flight. Oh, they had to refund the passenger fourteen hundred dollars for the funky dog. It's crazy because you can't be like yo, stop like you can't tell the dog to stop. No, no, the dog ain't gas oh listen, gosh sin oh no. Which brings me back to what I said like three weeks ago. I'm not going back there. I'm not crossing the threshold of the back of the bus.
Speaker 1: But that dog could have been in first class, because.
Speaker 2: That dog probably wasn't first I had sprite zach.
Speaker 1: The dog probably had the people in first class fire with their dogs.
Speaker 2: And the dog probably had a seat that lays down to a bed. Dog probably had his own seat. Speaking of did you see the picture of Ashley actually went over to Italy recently and her kids were on the She took her kids and she said that there was a flight. She took a while to go to Hawaii, and she she had the dean dealing. She had dealing on her lap the whole time. She said it was the worse experience in her life. So she would never do that again. So she bought them, both of them their own first class. Yes, I sill them boys. Was in half Okay, listen, how are they supposed to fly any well?
Speaker 1: You know what, that's probably an experience that they're young enough that they actually won't remember that. No, so that when they do get kind of of the age where they're not as much of a handful, like she can put them in to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she can go put them back in the back of the bus. Yesuse because my kids know the difference. They know when I upgrade them and when I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeh, Yes, But I feel her pain on traveling with little toddlers. Oh yes, it's like that's something I probably wouldn't even be brave enough to do.
Speaker 2: No, No, absolutely not. Not what twelve hours now, we're going to get in an hour flight? Where can we go? That's an hour right exactly? We're going to Atlanta where we're going? Yes, anyway, So I just want to bring this up. I didn't know. So the other day I was looking on the Instagram and I saw that Natalia Bryant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kobe Bryant's darter is a model. I didn't know that she signed with. I don't know if it's like will Almina, like one of the big agencies.
Speaker 2: Freaking beautiful huh. Like I was like, yes when I saw her, I mean, she's amazing. She needs to work on her walk, Oh, her walk, Robin Oh, Robin can never let anybody live. Beyonce can't live, Rihanna can live, Natalia can live? Is that her name? Is her name? Natalia? Okay, what's wrong with her walk? Go look it up? That's all I gotta say. But that's a Brian. This is not me, this is go look it up. This is Robin talking about your child.
Speaker 1: Listen, my walk is eighteen million times worse than Italian's. Okay, you're not get You're not a model, exactly right. I'm just saying, Okay.
Speaker 2: Everybody got to start somewhere. Okay, yes, everybody has to start saying. And hopefully she's working on her walk. I thought you how how difficult can a walk? Bey? Oh maybe she needs some Naomi Campbell sessions.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, if it was that difficult, if it was not that difficult, than everybody, almost everybody would be walking down Versace's runways. But when you're a Natalia Bryant and your walk stink, you can still walk down Versace's room.
Speaker 2: You know what, I cannot stand Robin Dixon when I tell you I cannot stand in Robin Dixon. No, Okay, moving on and have you seen the new McDonald's in China. No you haven't. So there, their seats are treadmills. So you sit Oh my god, give it up, Oh my god. So you sit down and you okay, so you sit down, and you and you as you eat your big mac uh huh, and your fries and drink your big cola. Okay, you are burning calories, okay by sitting on a treadmill. Sitting sitting on a treadmill. Sitting on a treadmill. Yes, are you sure it's a treadmill not a bike? What do you mean? Like? Okay, how do you sit on a treadmill? Okay, it's a sitting treadmill. It's a it's a bike. Well okay, no, it's not a bike. Wait wait stop, okay, hold on, let me find it, let me fight it, y'all. Okay, hold on. Okay. So McDonald's in China has a exercise bike. Yeah, treadmill. Oh no, treadmill bike. You know what I was thinking of? I was, hold on, I don't know what it's stick of pelotons up in there. Okay, every time I said treadmill. Just now, guys, erase it from your mind. Okay. So it's a McDonald's in China has an exercise bike for people who want to burn calories as they consume their food, as they consume grease and lard. What's wrong with thot grease and large? Not wrong with that?
Speaker 1: Nothing, nothing, I mean, okay, I appreciate that, you es. I mean, at least they're trying to like better than nothing, right, Yeah, yes, maybe they're just trying to encourage people. Okay, when you leave here, let's do a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah. And it's like it's multitasking, eat our grease and lard. Yeah, it's multitasking. Yeah. If I were in China, I would go visit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, So I purchased a treadmill months ago, okay, Like I mean it was like literally like three hundred and fifty dollars on Amazon, so like not like.
Speaker 2: A when was that time you use your peloton? That too.
Speaker 1: So I purchased a treamill. But it's like a walking treadmill. So it has a so I can like you know, lift lift the tray up and put my laptop on it and I can do work.
Speaker 2: And I can walk nice. I purchased it probably like five months ago. I've been on it one time? Right, Yeah, so you feel like the exercise bike would not It's not a motivation to go to McDonald's and purchase anything like this is not motivation. No, yeah, okay, So are you gonna stop buying athletic equipment? No, I'm gonna have some.
Speaker 1: I'm actually gonna have someone come in and redo my whole room, basement room in the basement, make a little exercise room that I'm like never going to go in.
Speaker 2: Wow, why Robin, Because you have a peloton down there that you don't use. I haven't used that in a minute.
Speaker 1: I used to use it a lot, and then I don't use it anymore because every day I say I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Use it, okay, moving on.
Speaker 1: So I didn't have it, I wouldn't be able to say I was going to use it.
Speaker 2: Okay. So we got we got a little note from la Fete Cunningham the third and he said, I think it's yeah. He said, Hi, ladies, Giselle, you should one hundred percent become a travel agent. One of my family members is a travel agency owner and business is Boom Boo. Starting mid twenty twenty one, people were desperate to travel again. Amen vacation bookings started picking up, and they have grown exponentially the best and he said putting, oh, he put his pronouns in. Okay, so I don't know how I would start this business.
Speaker 1: So well, okay, first of all, there are like multi level marketing companies where you can sign up to be a travel agent and you get your own travel agency. And I know that at the least you can use those links to book your own travel and you'll get discounts on it. Oh wow, So I'm pretty sure you're about to get like one hundred emails from people who are in these network marketing companies asking to sign you up under them, because then.
Speaker 2: They get money from me. Yeah, okay, now this I don't want to be in a pyramid scheme. I don't want to be Bernie made Off.
Speaker 1: I don't okay, I can't really, I don't know everything. If someone was presenting this to me one day, I feel like if you were to do that, you at least would be able.
Speaker 2: To get the access to the discounts.
Speaker 1: And then if you're motivated, then you can be like Rovin, let me book your trip.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what I'm saying, And then you get money off of my trip as well. See, I don't know. I don't think I want to book anybody trip, but I would like to give you places that I think I would like to recommend places to go for you to go, right, yes, because like like a nice guy friend of mine called me the other day. He was like, I'm going to Columbia, like in South America? Is that South America? Okay? I was like, aren't like the drug lords? Like are you going to what are you doing in Columbia? No, shade to Columbia, But like, didn't they tell then the US government tell us not to travel to Columbia probably certain parts maybe, yeah, I don't know. Anyway, I told him to do some do his research. Okay. So he says to me, tell me where I should go. So I was like, I'll go back to you, got it? Yes, So I'm looking into that a YouTube page I can I can just just for that, Okay. I don't know how many people are, but that's rushing to my vacation YouTube page they might. Okay, this is something to keep in mind for you. Okay, Chavon Wade, do we know Shavon sure? The subject My mother's made a name is Wade. So that's my cousin. Oh really, is d Wade your cousin? Do I Wade? No? Absolutely not, absolutely not. So you know, Dwayne Wade isn't a lot of rap songs, is he? They mentioned him? I don't know. I made that up. Okay, So anyway, it says, hey, my favorite green Eye Abandons. First of all, let me say I love listening to the podcast. Thank you, thank you. I listened on my way to work, and it feels like I'm driving with the two besties chatting it up. You are yep. I wanted to respond to the question about travel agents. I'm a registered nurse and I'm about six months ago I became a travel agent, and yes, it has its benefits and pays well, but you have to put the work in. I enjoy it because I have learned so much about different places, and I'm currently working on finishing my Sandals Resort certification, which is a very big deal because in the travel world not all agents get accepted to Sandals. Oh wow, why not? Interesting? Yeah, what's up with that? That's a little weird. Okay, Gizelle, you should definitely become an independent travel agent. You could earn commission from your own travel. One was just saying kind of She said, my motto is from the beach to the bankline. Okay, okay, because every time I book my own travel, I'm coming home to a commission. What I like that? She said? My travel agency is Richardson Travel on TikTok okay. She gave her link. So thank you, ladies for continuing to make my commute something to look forward to. Best of luck. Oh, she said. She called us the travel agent gang. Oh, gang Gang gang gang like that? Okay okay? So what is it? From the beach to the box to the bank, From the beach to the banks. I like that? Is that my new tackline? Do you know your new tagline for this year? I do? Do you like it? I like it? I like my tagline? Do you know mine? No? Okay, I'll tell you after the podcast, I'll tell you. You know who knows if they've released them yet? I know. So anyway, don't forget November fifth. We're coming back on Bravo. If y'all never heard of that channel, that's cable station Season eight. How does that feel? I know it's weird, right, we're bonafide. Oh, let me see the picture, Carly, just show the pictures out. Yeah, we are bonafide. What do you call it? We're bonafide housewives were Yeah, I think we are after after being here, so we made so let's be let's be clear. When we first started, they were they made it very clear to us we ain't gonna make a past season two. I mean we were gonna be in season one and that was it. Then we when it was season three, they was like the pressure was on. It was like, ladies, this this show might get canceled. We was like what, We're like, do they really mean this or like are they just trying to trick us or something like? You just felt like weird it out, buy it because if you're just gonna cancel, just cancel it.
Speaker 1: And then they would say like, you really haven't made it until you get to season.
Speaker 2: Four they would say that. So we are now premiering eight eight. Now you're stuck with us, all right, So we have you had something to say. I'm sorry, I didn't want to cut you up.
Speaker 1: I don't know, okay, I mean, okay, I got something to say, lessen, Okay, I'm gonna saref something Okay. Deon Sanders, Yes, Dion Dionne, Yes, we love coach Prime. Deon Sanders put out a tweet. Is it still called it a tweet or is it an X?
Speaker 2: I think we still call it tweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so weird. Must do that, I don't know, Okay, so on X.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Deon Sanders says, I have smiled a people who have said the most terrible things about me, and they think I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh I do that every day, do you? Yes, you're capable of doing that. No, but I know, well look at look at how many times you do it and you don't know you're doing it because you don't know what they've said, right, right.
Speaker 1: But he's saying he knows that these people have said terrible things. Yes, and he smiled at them, smiling in their face. So is that being phony or is that like being unbothered?
Speaker 2: I think it's being I think it's been unbothered. If I'm smiling your face and I know you trash me, I'm doing it for a reason. There's a reason. Yeah, because the kid's kind of being phony. It's like a little bit of a flex a little bit. It's not a phony because you're doing it on purpose.
Speaker 1: I'm uncapable. Is that the word uncapable or incapable?
Speaker 2: Incapable?
Speaker 1: Yes, I cannot. I just cannot fake the funk like that. I will give you a very I will I will say hello, yeah, and it's going to be a very dry, stale like I don't think that this means I'm cool with you. He okay, all right, So I like, I don't know. So I'm like, I like, I understand where where Deon's coming from.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, that's just kind of phony. Well, this is the thing I don't I I naturally assume that everyone has trashed me. So I'm not thinking king about whether just to not speak to you because you've trashed me. I'm just going about my business right like you know what I mean, Like, I don't. I don't give to you shit right now. When I know you've trashed me and I'm in your presence, I'll either ignore you or I'd be like hey, because I know you trash me. So it depends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's like extremes yes, so and so when you're like hey, it's like you're being You're I'm being funny, yes, yes, you're like tensional exactly. Yeah, and then when you're ignoring them, that's how you That's when you're really.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm really like girl and goodbye. All right? So what is this is somebody asks this is gonna ask us anything, Robin, what is your daily inspiration? Oh? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I think I have a you know, I pull inspiration from a lot of places, but I can say, over especially over the past eight years, I do pull a lot of inspiration from people who are who are inspired by me. You know, Like I hear from people who are say who might say thank you for sharing your story. It really helped me, you know, so whether it was me talking about you know, our financial issues or relationship issues, or my issues with you know, the the during the COVID, the COVID depression, or my business ventures, like just hearing from people who are motivated by by me that inspires me to keep going.
Speaker 2: I love that. Yeah. Yeah, I think sometimes I'm inspired by my kids because they're so much further advanced than I was at their age, and it's it's it's inspirational because I feel like, what is their life going to be like in ten years? Right? Like, what what are they going to be doing? They're going to be running something. They're going to be like taking over everything, right, They're just they inspire me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like really exciting to think, like about the possibilities of like where your kids can go, you can go. I have a question for you regarding kids. What kind of student were you growing up? Now, I'm going somewhere with this. I'm just going somewhere with this.
Speaker 2: So you probably know just from knowing who I am, Like, I was a B plus student. It's never really like a straight A student. I took my schooling seriously, but not really. I was a bit of a clown and got in trouble ish, got kicked out of classes regularly. So yeah, that's about it. Oh my god, you sound just like me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, yeah. So, like so for me, growing up, school was actually kind of easy. I started school a year early just because I was like reading when I was really young, so my parents put me in school early and I was in all like the honors.
Speaker 2: GT classes, all that type of stuff. I asked.
Speaker 1: I'm asking you because now as my kids are in school and doing homework and they're like, mom, what's this And I'm looking at it, and I'm like I don't know at all. I can't do that. And it's the same ship that I was doing back then. They teach it differently, some of it's different. Yeah, but I'm like, like, Corey's in physics and I'm like, looking at his paper, I'm like.
Speaker 2: What the Coreys and fit what Greade is in ninth grade? Is that? Is that right? That's normal?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think I took physics in ninth grade. I thought I thought seniors took physics. Okay, seniors did.
Speaker 1: That's more like biology, I think maybe because you got to do physics and chemistry.
Speaker 2: Theology, but you don't know what the hell is going on? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, and I went to a private school. I went to one of the best private schools in Baltimore. And I'm like, looking at this stuff, I'm like, I can't help you. He's in geometry.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I can't help you. I'm so sorry. But it's so wild to me.
Speaker 1: So it's just like, why why do they have to learn a whole year of physics? Like I feel like in school, you should learn like the basics of every subject, right, and then if a student is more interested in those subjects or in that field or in science, then you give them more, you know, more detailed stuff. I don't understand because literally, as soon as you finish that class, all of that stuff just leaves your brain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we have to see whether your brain can work. So that's why they're learning it. I mean, it's ridiculous because I learned it all and I don't know any of it. I don't know it. I don't know it. I stopped helping my kids with homework when they were in like third grade, right like after they hit Oh yeah, that's special math. The different I don't know what.
Speaker 1: Do they call it, the way they huh it, it's a special way they do math.
Speaker 2: And I'm so backwards from the way we learned it. Right So after like the multiplication table, I was done. Yeah, yeah, I'm out of here. So my kids have been on their own for a very long time. But you're right, like, we don't remember this information, so why do we need to learn this information? That's a question to me. Like I literally took like calculus too.
Speaker 1: Why who does anything with calculus?
Speaker 2: Maybe like plane aeros engineers. I don't need some teachers to weigh in, yes, please, yes, can let us know, can our kids learn stuff that they're going to like retain? I just trigonometry. Well, they say that the kids these days need to learn a trade.
Speaker 1: First of all, Why are our kids know? Yes, I agree with that, like they need to learn something they can. They that you absolutely must use your hands with right, because AI is going to take everybody's job.
Speaker 2: But how do you gonna take.
Speaker 1: Away cursive but they're teaching trigonometry and geometry? I don't get it anyway, How.
Speaker 2: Are they what's what'd you say?
Speaker 1: How are they not teaching cursive right right, right right, but they take away trigonometry?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Okay, So this asked a question if you and Jenelle had a Hall pass for a week, one week, who would the gentleman be? Hmmm, you can give me a list, a list, so it's not like every day. Do I get it? Well, it's not like one and done. So I get seven? Oh so maybe you get seven different? You can No, I think it's just one person said with that person for a week, that's a long time. So on my nerves.
Speaker 1: Day two, let's see so mine. Unfortunately he's no longer with us.
Speaker 2: Paul Walker, Oh yes, you kind of look like him a little bit.
Speaker 1: Goodbye and ladies and gentlemen. That is the end of our show.
Speaker 2: Oh, kind of pull up some pictures of Paul Walker. He was tanned, look like, yeah, it's the eye Walker. Yes, if you were tanned in the eyes, that's not yes, okay, yes, fine, he's he's definitely doable. Some girls always say Momoa Jason. Okay, yeah. I always feel like he's a brush of steethers. He looks dingy, dingy.
Speaker 1: Okay, he looks like he doesn't shower for like three days. He walks around barefoot. He does definitely walks around barefoot. Yeah, yeah, okay, So how about the rock? No, no, the rock, he's clean, but no this.
Speaker 2: He has a sort of a sex appeal to him where where His head's kind of small, but it's like quite a small so like big. I don't know. His body's big. His body's big, his head's a little small.
Speaker 1: Did you ever get geterless? Okay, we're getting to me. Did you ever think Jeter was attractive?
Speaker 2: I never thought he was either, but everybody like swore up and down that he was just like you know why, I saw a person who was cute who was not cute, not in person a Rod Really he's in person. He is a very attractive man.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you know what I feel like he wears a suit? Well was he in a suit?
Speaker 2: Probably he was dressed.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I think when you see a man and he's like got his suit on, yeah, looking good?
Speaker 2: Then yeah, yeah I'm fresh cut whatever.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's see who would be on my Well, it's like everyone says interest, but it just is tired because everyone's because that's why everyone's hall pat Yeah, that's why I didn't pick Yeah, but like we all know, it just can get it all zay long. I don't know, right, It's like I don't have guys where I like just lust over.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I mean. But there are some very nice looking guys that I'm like, hm, I can't think of one. Really, No, I really can't Pierce Bronson. Really, I'm just asking. No, I'm just I'm just sorry, I just put it out. I'm trying to think of some like athletes and I can't even know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, mm hmmm, or somebody that you would have like is really hot, Taylor Space, somebody that you.
Speaker 2: Would like have fun, who would be like fun in bed. But how do we know that?
Speaker 1: I know, right, because because they have like a fun personality. I think, like Ben Affleck, he might be fun in bed. That's not your hall past, goodbye, next questions.
Speaker 2: No, Ben is not my halls. I don't. I don't know Ben like that. Okay, lit'steny hold on?
Speaker 1: Hold on?
Speaker 2: When, oh when is the next DMV live show? We would be talking about that soon, Robin. Do you think Jezelle is messy or it's her behavior only for the show, But this person does love me?
Speaker 1: Okay, So listen, y'all, people who watch the show. Don't act like you don't sit at home and gossip with your friends. Yes, Like, don't act like you're not shady with your friends, like all these perfect people out here that don't talk about anyone.
Speaker 2: Stop it. Okay.
Speaker 1: So Gazelle is just doing what you might find to be uncomfortable to do in public. But that's the whole point of the show. Like Jizelle is pretending like these cameras are not there, Yes, and she's doing what all y'all do at home. Anyway, you sit home, you gossip about your neighbor, then you go to your friend, and then you might go to your neighbor and say something shady. Yes, and then it's so crazy. And we know this because like it's just human nature. We're humans and we're friends. But also like the number of blue shady scenarios that people send us or like, you know, just talking to people in life, people's lives are up, and y'all talk about each other like dogs.
Speaker 2: All the time. So I'm not messy. Y'all are the end right people. Y'all are just afraid to be your true self. Okay, this is our last one. What is your relationship with Andy Cohen after he was kind of rude at the reunion and watch It Happens live? Is this for me or for you? For me? That's for you? Yeah, because I was like, Andy wasn't rude to me, but go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't, you know, I don't really have a relationship with Andy, so like I'm not like I don't. Well, now I have his phone number, but like literally, after seven seasons, I have his phone number. So I'm not one of those people that looks to Andy for validation. So and he probably appreciates that. Yeah, I'm sure I don't. And honestly, I don't think I'm one of his like favorites, but like, I don't care, Like I'm not looking for validation. I'm not looking at what Andy says or does to me and taking it personal.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at it as he's doing his job. Yes, when when you're a watcher, happens live and he's doing his job. And anyone going there who does understand that doesn't understand that this is a job. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: However, I do believe in my situation, I think I think we've seen Andy of late because of social media pressure have to have uncomfortable conversations of course without really you know, maybe I don't know. I think he feels social media pressure to ask the questions that the fans are putting out there, whether they.
Speaker 2: Are rude or true or.
Speaker 1: Overreaching, whatever it might be. And I think he feels the pressure to do that. But like I said, he's doing his job. I don't take anything personal, and I don't need his validation.
Speaker 2: Right, And but I do respect the fact that this man has created a pop culture juggernaut, as they say, yeah, Housewives huge, Yeah, absolutely, and it's because of Andy, So you know, appreciate, we appreciate the king.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean, I think when it started, it started off with the attentions of it just being funny, gossip, be you know, entertaining, and that's it. And I think at some point it's turned into there's a lot of negativity and toxicity has creeped into it, where people kind of overanalyze and overreact to everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think we're going to get back to the what is it? What was the first thing? The gossip and the funny and the messy. Yes, at least that's all I'm going to participade in the end. All Right, guys, that is our show. We love y'all so much. Thank you for listening. Don't ever forget to live your life, either reasonable or shady or about bye bye. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady