Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Sealers Podcast with your host. Now fuck that with your loaw glasses, Malone. So this is what I was thinking, right it Joey like, so for the events, like right, like this is kind of like for me, this is like my last hoorah as far as hip hop over the next six eighteen or twenty four months. Right, Not like I'm finna retire or nothing, but like as I started making films and shit like that, Like I don't know if I'm gonna have as much time dedicated to purely music because it aately.
Speaker 2: Like my skill set and my gift rather is a story.
Speaker 1: Like I'm a storyteller, so like I'm figuring out other ways to tell stories. Hip hop was something like God bless me with you. I mean to save my life. Like it's funny because I told you, Like the old school truck on Bill New that got impounded and I went to go get a release from the Century Station.
Speaker 2: The jail I used to go to all the time.
Speaker 1: It's right at the corner of my neighborhood, like right at the corner of the seven, Like it's a jail right on Imperial in Alameda, and it's a court building there, and I went up there to get the release from them to go pick up my old school truck, and I remember walking in that courtyard and the last time I was in that courtyard specifically, I had just beat a case like probably like my eight for ninth sharm dealing case PCP selling case. And it was a bad case, like it should have been an easy win case because it wasn't my sharm, you know. I mean, I was selling sharm at the time, but the specific bottle that they got it wasn't mine's, you know what I mean. So I'm thinking it's gonna be easy because if they fingerprinted the bottle, you know what I mean, like you could prove it, not minds, but because of my extensive history when it came to selling PCP, I ran into a judge that was kind of fucking me over.
Speaker 2: And then the.
Speaker 1: Two specific police officers McDaniels and Oh Diggae, they was trying to fuck me over, you know, the detectives that he was just tired of me, Like I was really an arrogant ass d boy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I carried myself with like a real flare.
Speaker 1: And like I knew they knew what I was doing, and I knew their job was to try to catch me, and my job was to make sure they didn't catch it. That's the shit you know on me. But this case got out of hand, and you know I used to bail out of it. Used to be thirteen five forty One's that was the penal code for session of PCP for sales, I mean for sale, thirteen five forty one. And like that's how many times I had it. I know the fucking pinal coal by heart. And anyway, this is about the eighth or ninth time, and I'm thinking this is a simple case. So I remember not bailing out on the case. And that ball is on twenty thousand dollars, you know what I mean. So you spend two thousand dollars, you know, to ten percent. But at that time you had to have a house, you know what I mean. So I would pay like somebody who owned the house some money, like a thousand dollars to use their house. So I'm thinking to myself, like, man, I don't want to spend three thousand. It'll be a da reject because this wasn't my shurn. They called me coming out the yard calling my older homie Booby rest in Peace neighborhood, and they just kind of jam me up and just wanted to put me in jail to ruin my weekend.
Speaker 2: And they take me to jail, you know whatever.
Speaker 1: They go find some sherman in an abandoned house two or three houses down from where I was at and said this is Joe Sharm.
Speaker 2: So I go to jail.
Speaker 1: I'm like, man, I'm not finna pay a little three thousand, thirty five hundred take to get out.
Speaker 2: I'll wait and get a DA reject because this ain't my sharn.
Speaker 1: It was a judge that ran into me before and cuz was crazy, and the police trumped it up and my bill end up going to two hundred thousand. So the bill out ended up costing me thirty thousand dollars that time. I had about ninety thousand dollars saved. It's a third of the money for me. So like long fast forward, like all kinds of bashes storre happening, Like I just took a lot of losses and that's how I work in the streets. So I'm fighting this case. There was a time bro that I wasn't. I didn't have any fear of going to jail or prison. Like my big hommy Pluck caught a case on some bullshit. I was gonna go take the time so he didn't get life. I was gonna go take it because I would only have to do three years. That's how much I wasn't scared of going to prison or jail.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Pete, Was.
Speaker 3: This the same moment or not moment?
Speaker 4: But what was it this time where you were And it sounds like a little bit longer where the story where you hit that one gentleman's dad through the bars?
Speaker 1: No, that was about that was three jail stents before that. Jeezus, all right, it was a time when I was going to jail all the time.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, I'm sure. So, long story short.
Speaker 1: Like I ended up taking a bunch of losses. It was a bad case. The case was really simple, but my history just the judge was just being unreasonable, bro, And it was so much shit that was happening. Now that I think about it, probably was some shit. He wasn't he supposed to do. Long story short, They were trying to give me three hundred and sixty six days because if they give me three hundred and sixty five days.
Speaker 2: You could do that in the county.
Speaker 1: But if you had to do one, if you got sentenced to one day over a year, you had to go to prison, and you had to get a tell parole parole number. And by this time, I think Motoac got killed one of the homies. One of my own homies killed one of the homies, and then he get killed. Then homies go to prison, so like like a lot of shit is just happening. And I remember thinking, like just a year before that, the thought of going to prison meant nothing to me. But then this time I was like, damn, I'm finna go to prison over this. And really, at that time, you would have did four months, you would have went to They called it a turnaround.
Speaker 2: You go to Chino like the reception, get booked in and they send you home. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You do about three four months and you own but you now you're on parole. And I'm in that courtroom and I'm thinking, like, damn, my life, and to be on parole for some bullshit like I wasn't even making no money right here on this specific thing. And I remember praying to God, like right, I had a public defender because I think I had like twenty some thousand dollars left over from all that money I had, And I had a public defender because I didn't want to spend that money on the attorney. I was like, I'm gonna keep something, which now that I think about, is fucking crazy. But I remember like being prepared to walk in there and take the deal three hundred sixty six days right, because they wouldn't give me a county lid three sixty three sixty five in the county. And I remember saying this empty prayer. And I don't know if y'all ever you know, said an empty prayer? Like an empty prayer is like you don't really mean what you're saying. It's just kind of you spirit doing the thing that innately comes to it. So I'm sitting in the courtroom now, mind you Modica, and McDaniel's behind me. You know what I'm saying, it's a fucked up situation. My public defender is cool, but he not great. And you know, we walk in. He take me in a little private sector in the back of the court room at this location where I'm going to get the release at from my truck the Century station right on the period and that of media and why. And he's like, look, I'm gonna try to push back a little bit, but you're probably gonna to take this three hundred sixty six days because they gonna drag it out. And I don't think you want to fight this with a public defender. This is what my public defenders telling me. What pete, if.
Speaker 4: You in that scenario, like let's say they just shoot you to Chino and and it's not you got a decent little arrangement. They're like, you're not gonna have some battles and time of all time. If you sit through the whole three sixty six do you walk out no parole versus if you leave early your parole, It's like you're trading ten days of parole for one day of time in or how does that work?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: That's a great question. I don't know because I never went to prison. Obviously I did end up going, but we just.
Speaker 3: Seems like a bartering thing.
Speaker 4: We'll let you out two years early, but you want parole for six years or something. You know, if you just sit there, you're just done and clean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to talk to some people about that. I make sure I ask. That's a great question. Good point.
Speaker 2: So fast forward right.
Speaker 1: He's like, Yo, I'm gonna set it up, but we probably should take this deal.
Speaker 2: I'm like, all right, cool.
Speaker 1: He said, I'm gonna try to get this case, this mess based off motions blah.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blaheah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: It sound like trash to me because this motherfucking judge and these two crackers behind me. That's police day for sure. Like this nigga is selling sharman. I was you going to jail?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: You going to jail? So you look crazy right now? Joy Like I'm in an attic. So fast forward right, cuz he walk in there, he walking there right, and I'm waiting. They finally go up. You're like, yeah, you know some so and so this case should be dismissed because of motion blah.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: You know they talking that old that Latin shit whatever they're talking on fucking courtrooms. Cuz and uh, just shid stop. He looked over start looking over his father. You know what, You're right, mister Pennaman, congratulations, you've just been granted to your laugh giess, this case is dismissed.
Speaker 2: Boom.
Speaker 1: But before he said that, I remember seeing this little empty prayer walking to the courtroom. God, if you get me out of this, I'd never say a shirme in my life. It was empty because I didn't fucking mean it, Like I wasn't that scared to go to prison. I just didn't feel like going right then and there, you know what I mean. But it was an empty prayer, cuz, and that motherfucker dismissed the case.
Speaker 2: Boom.
Speaker 1: I remember McDaniel's and be so mad, and I was so aergan. I was so young and arrogant. I was look back and smarter at the Niggas I'm walking out, all I'm thinking like, CAUs, I'm finna go buy some parts. I'm finna do a fifty five gallon burn, like this is finna change my life.
Speaker 2: I'm finna really get there.
Speaker 1: I'm about to go make me a million, two million dollars, like I'm going all the way.
Speaker 2: And I got into.
Speaker 1: That specific courtyard that I was at Thursday when I was getting a release from my old school truck that we was building that got impounded, and I remember getting in that yard back then and thinking of myself, like and all I could hear was his voice, like you said, if I get you out of this shit, you will never hustle this shit again.
Speaker 2: And that was a last day.
Speaker 1: Like I never saw Sharon after that, and being back in that courtyard Thursday, cause it was crazy. No siilings, Gail, that's knowledge sit sorry, my brother, Pete. I got my brother Joey west Side one Hilf of the LA Giants.
Speaker 2: Get into some real conversations. Go ahead, Pete, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Think like I haven't been down there in a long time.
Speaker 4: Like my first job out of college was on Alameda and Elsagonda. Yeah, I that's not in the same campus as the LYNN would feel like because because the girls jail is off of Alamedia place.
Speaker 3: But it was the same place. Okay, oh gotcha, got you got you got.
Speaker 2: It was a men's jail.
Speaker 1: Now they just hold men there for seventy two hours and send them to the county.
Speaker 2: Before that, it was just a men's.
Speaker 3: Jail, Okay.
Speaker 2: I just for my own visuals, you know, it's that jail.
Speaker 1: Like there was times I went to that jail, cuz, and they put me like some dicks, put me where I could see, you could see down one hundred and seventeenth Street. Cuz like I'm in jail, cousin, I'm watching homies do shit.
Speaker 2: Like they tortured me, Cousin. I remember, I was so not scared of jail. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I always say this, bro, but I never thought growing up I would be a good game banger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just did not get it.
Speaker 1: And even when I finally got put on, you know what I mean, fifteen years old, I did not think I would be a good game And I'm like, all the fuck, why would y'all They were recruiting me because they wanted me to be from the set. I'm looking like, cause y'all could see that I'm not even these niggas, and dropped out of school cause this nigga, because this nigga crazy? Why would y'all want me? I get a's cause in school, but leadership right, And I think Plug knew that because he'll never give me credit.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: So they wanted me to be from the set, especially my childhood friend Moto. Look Jack, couple hommies they really wanted to be from it set, so long story short, even when I'm put on, it's like, y'all fin the set whatever. But like, I didn't think I was gonna be good at it because because it just kind of I couldn't make sense of it. It didn't really hit me that I was going to be good at gang banging until I went to jail and running the phase wasn't nothing. I never was worried no matter what madness and all the chaos because I still was at peace. It didn't matter these niggas fighting or they was talking about riot. That shit just made my blood boy and get me excited. Then I came home after that time, Couzin start bringing that same issue to the streets, like I fight every homie, fight whoever, from whicheverhood. We gonna go play football, beat everybody. We're gonna whatever, because I don't even care, you know what I mean. And once I realized that's what it was, I just wasn't scared of jail. Dyan was like a possibility, but jail was the more likely possibility.
Speaker 2: So like, once I.
Speaker 1: Realized I wasn't scared of jail, no shit, it like it was on and that really kind of changed who I was as a gang member going to jail and not being scared.
Speaker 3: I came home a tyrant, no force to turn.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: We was talking about some shit earlier, yo, and I thought of it make for a really good podcast.
Speaker 2: Nigga's doing what it takes. Yeah, and it's funny. Like I said, punning problem.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the hommy, shout out to punish your y'all know, punish your punish your a big part, instrumental part in fig Munity world. So that's the community that's back on fig that's fig Munity. You know the show, all of them shows like Punisher is like a huge architect. Shout out to cuts trailer, the I D and all the homies over there.
Speaker 2: And Problem obviously is a legend.
Speaker 3: But I'm sorry, who'd.
Speaker 2: You say, punish your trail and a d.
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: I you said problem. I didn't know if you met a guy with a new name or or for a different.
Speaker 2: Not call it cuse Jason that problem.
Speaker 3: My problem.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna call him problem.
Speaker 1: Anyway, cause so so problem is is legendary rapper out of content from.
Speaker 2: Like my my, my era.
Speaker 3: They never heard of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he came up together. So I know this nigga show.
Speaker 1: They used to always talk ship because they wanted me to fuck with Drake when Drake first came to the label. They wanted me to fuck with Drake. And I just didn't bond with Cus. It wasn't like I didn't think he was extremely talented and I'm from Seventh Street crip.
Speaker 2: And something about Cuz just never sat with me.
Speaker 5: Not bad.
Speaker 2: Like again, I thought he was a really cool guy. I thought Cousin was an extreme talent.
Speaker 1: But it's like like I'm a motherfucking loke, you know what I'm saying, period, And I've really wore his la shit differently, you know what I mean. Like I wasn't letting niggas get access to it. You can't use me. You can't be down with the program if you ain't came up how I came up. So they used to always talk shit and my older brother pool different people. They's like, man, you just ain't gonna do what it take, you know what I mean? Like I guess they wanted me to work with him or let people do things. And it's true, bro, like I could not concede certain things to make it work, like my dream, like right when I got my deal when I decided to get a record deal, right, because that wasn't my idea. That was pool idea. I didn't want no record deal. I wanted to have death Ro. I mean, I wanted to be Shug Knight or Doctor Dre or somebody who ran the label easy. I did not want to be a rapper, you know what I'm saying, Like I didn't mind being a rapper when my goal was to run a business and rap.
Speaker 2: That's because I had to.
Speaker 1: But that like one of the things I regret, Like Mac ten made me buy the Bentley. Shout out to Mac. He made me buy this Bentley, you know what I'm saying. And it's like I wanted a Rag fifty seven, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: With the ls, he felt like that's the Bentley. Is what it took.
Speaker 1: No me listening to Couz is what it took. He said, if you get this car, everybody is gonna be talking about you having this car.
Speaker 2: It's gonna market itself. And he was right.
Speaker 1: But the problem is, and I've talked to you about this Pete like a Bentley, a g Wagon, a Porsche, different cars I had. It does mean something when you on this side of the ten Freeway and you know you you east of the four oh.
Speaker 3: Files, especially when you're east of the one ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Right.
Speaker 1: So if you take Lou Bentley to the projects, to the to the Low Bottoms, to Inglewood, for me to South Central, to Carson to Long Beach, two hundred Park, Paramount, anywhere where the ghetto is, you are top dog. You are top dog. But the problem is, if you really want to be a superstar hip hop artist, what you are has to transition in Beverly Hills. And so if you're depending on a card to market you, that same car needs that same effect when you would go to the Stinking Rolls or when you would go to the Sls.
Speaker 2: It cannot just.
Speaker 1: Be wealth to poor people. It needs to be flavor to everybody. And so I get how mac saw marketing. You know, he's extremely brilliant in marketing because shout out to one oh. But it's like if I have that RAG fifty seven with that LS and then for Giados of them twenty two inch dang wheels.
Speaker 2: That's still the shit. In Inglewood.
Speaker 1: It's a big, bright classic car that you're driving around like it just came off the GM assembly line today, so it's still had the same effect.
Speaker 2: In the low bottoms. You might get robbed.
Speaker 1: Nigga might run up in jack Yell stupid, because this is some shit. It's still a two hundred thousand dollars car. Everybody know, even if Buller cost two hundred thousand. Know that motherfucker is big and shiny and it's worth a lot of money. But the difference is to me, when you get to Beverly Hills, like where a Bentley goes dry, where a g Wagon goes dry, where a Porsche goes dry, a fucking rag fifty seven, where a fucking LS send it on some fucking wheels, it doesn't go dry. You still become unique in that space. Not just our space, but that's space.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I will park the Billy. That shit's a blue car in Beverly Hills. It's a blue fucking car in Beverly Hills. The g Wagon is a Soccer Moms truck in Beverly Hills. That ain't special. Now I jump out the Pasto and the PJS.
Speaker 2: And the g Wagon.
Speaker 1: That shit is like, damn, this nigga glasses over here, this motherfucker. But Nigga soon as you get to fucking Brentwood, it don't matter. So even to me, the goal of being the greatest hip hop artist you can be, it cannot just be stuck and just to.
Speaker 2: Other ghetto people.
Speaker 1: It has to translate to even Coasta Mason, Huntington Beach, you know, I mean Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: They gotta be like, who the fuck is that?
Speaker 1: I mean, you need that card at the old white old rich white men that live in bel Air. They see, they're like, hey, it thumbs up, God, this is nice.
Speaker 2: Hey. So a lot of the ideas of doing what it takes is weird to me.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is like, you feel like you could con everybody into success, or you could suck enough penis into success, or you could play a million games to get into success, and maybe you could. I just don't believe in that.
Speaker 5: I totally understand.
Speaker 3: I understand. I'm a little like I'm kind of confected.
Speaker 4: Like I see, you know from the five hundred ft view, both sides of the conversation and looking at say translating to Beverly Hills as an idea, so to speak, it's like, and I talked about this with other people. If you're a standalone brand, then like it doesn't Drake could get out of a Volkswagen Beatle, for Christ's sake. His individual brand is bigger than a car brand in his world, you know. So it's like, if you yourself transcend the ability to be associated by what's around you when it's just you, you're now the brand. If you can, if you have to do whatever it takes to kind of you know, use.
Speaker 3: Leverage to get there. Now, now you've transcended.
Speaker 4: Now It's it's like Drake doesn't shut down the Beverly Center when he goes shopping there because he's gonna cause chaos. It's just because he's gonna it's impossible from the shop, you know what I mean. It's not because of any car he could hear rolled up. He could have gotten a number there in the back of a Hota Civic. But they're gonna have to close the store or the store is gonna malfunction in when he's in it.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Well, I think also though, that's because his brand is synonymous with success at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's what I mean. I mean, they've crossed that bridge.
Speaker 2: So we talking about from the start not to the finish.
Speaker 1: Now, it don't matter if Drake put up in the Prius, it wouldn't matter because.
Speaker 2: You he's the guy because brand with success.
Speaker 1: Kendrick is a example of it that where people associate his brand with success, So he could jump out of PRIs and it'll actually be true to brand. Jay Cole could jump out of Prius and need to be considered true to brand because everybody views those people as successful already.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm I was looking at it as it's like scale, right, so that's one thousand percent true, But like going from beginning to that point, it's like, regardless of whatever car you're in, if you're going to leverage, how many people can actually physically see your car?
Speaker 3: One hundred thousand, three hundred thousand, a million.
Speaker 2: So how many changes it go ahead?
Speaker 3: True?
Speaker 4: But like in the same breath, how many people are going to see your work with ex artists or whatever. And there's as many examples of that not being true as well. If you're a mediocre and you just do whatever the hell and cop a feature from Joe Blow the Bazillionaire, it's you know, you're his purse, Like I get that one thousand, But there are you know, there's there's two ways to kind of skin that cat in that regard. I don't know what y'a always want was right, and it's always different in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: Sometimes well, I think, like I said, even in that conversation with Mac, I'm not mad at his you know how he sees marketing.
Speaker 2: Again, everybody is trying to once Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: I can't think past Donald Trump, and I haven't done enough homework. But Donald Trump is the first person I remember that used to market success when I was a little kid. I didn't see anybody better than at it. I've never seen nobody else do it before him.
Speaker 3: I can't really do it much since him. Were like, your name is just.
Speaker 1: Like, well, you seeing in effect hip hop all the time, You're saying it with jay Z, you seeing it with different people, right, But again, it's like that always was a bit too pretentious for me. Sure, fuck with me because fuck with me because I have money.
Speaker 2: That's just don't feel like genuine for me.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying whoever else don't, That's the thing I'm saying for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like his like to me, I look at Trump's things like fuck with me because anything with the Trump name on, it is gonna be a one you know, Yeah, it's gonna be like high. It's you're gonna get your quality is if Trump's names get your quality. I can't guarantee every Hilton you go to. Some Hilton's a phenomenal, some are mediocre. I've never seen a mediocre Trump facility in my life.
Speaker 1: Sure when we was talking about it earlier, and as I watch different people that I know personally pursue like a level of fame, infamy and through YouTube and youtubing spaces, right, it's like somehow they believe this is what it takes, and I don't quite know if they're doing the proper work to figure out, Like, like I would love to talk to some of my homies that's becoming YouTubers, A lot of the dudes in the l A streets that's becoming YouTubers. Who do you see as success? I need to know who they see like an ant from a tray, like a like a uh like uh, like milk from cheven Fold, like Slim from five or Slim.
Speaker 2: Seven, right, Uh?
Speaker 1: I would love to see who do they see as success? Like in those spaces. I mean, so I could kind of see exactly how are they modeling their business or where do they see economically, you know, the business growing too, because I mean maybe it's nobody.
Speaker 2: Maybe they don't look.
Speaker 5: Maybe they just believe it's into.
Speaker 6: It's a hustle another means to just a hustle for few dollars, you know what I'm saying. I do also think too, they think it brings attention to probably something else they are doing, you know what I'm saying, Like if you rapping, you feel like, Okay, if I do this and I know y'all intrigued by this, and I'm a part of this culture, y'all go tune into this and that'll make that to translate you know what I'm saying into my music, When really it's that's like a slippery slope because if you gain people into like you know what I'm saying, yo, I guess like the culture, you know what I'm saying, and what you represent, you know what I'm saying, and things of that nature, they be wanting just that from you and they won't even want nothing else. It's like, na, we came here to see this and get this, so whatever it else you do, we don't even care. About that, Like, give us this, because really we're waiting to see something bad happen with all this shit everybody like that universe, that YouTube universe, like with the fans, like because they really they be instigating in comments like then you don't know who that is behind the comment, but they just studied everybody to the point where they be finding out things from studying everybody and asking questions and trying to provoke niggas to say certain things and certain things you know what I'm saying, and whatever they say if it gets some views and it pop off or they feel like, yeah, that shit hit thirty thousand views in twelve minutes, nigga, we own niggas popping. I'm viral, Like niggas think fifteen thousand views is viral, or even one hundred thousand views, Like.
Speaker 4: I think there's a certain like market purity to doing things for the fame when you're in an environment that is defined by simply your visibility metrics, Like it's it's corny, it can be cheesy, it can be a lot of different things. But if you're just simply doing things for the fame and you don't really care, but you're dynamic and nimble enough to be able to realize, Okay, today, this is gonna garner me attention. You just keep doing that over and over and over and over. Let somebody else worry about the monetization apparatus. If you just have an innate ability to sit back, look and do things for the attention, there is a certain integrity to that.
Speaker 3: In a competitive market space, that's just simply vying for attention, you.
Speaker 1: Know, right, I mean gang banging in a nutshell, that's pretty much the existence, right. It's the person who's a warrior because he's trying to build his brand.
Speaker 2: And you know, most game bankers want.
Speaker 1: People to like a A successful gang banger is a popular gang banger, sure, you know what I mean. His name carries a presidents about it, like he gonna do his thing when it's time.
Speaker 3: Popular like liked, or popular like feared.
Speaker 1: So it's weird, right, because the the the idea is the general consensus is fear. But it's not. It's really respected. It's like that nigga, No, not to fuck with me, because it's not. You know, most game bankers don't want to be the person that walk in the room and everybody leaves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't want to be that game member. Okay, they want to walk.
Speaker 1: They want to walk in the room. Everybody like, oh he here, and they know not to fuck with him because.
Speaker 2: I think that. I think the general consensus is fear, but.
Speaker 1: I think the reality is respect, and then respect and fear sometimes kind of fuck each other up.
Speaker 3: I think respect is somewhere. But is the com Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is it? Is?
Speaker 4: It better be loved and feared. Respect is is the purple? If red is one bleus the other, respect is the per It's.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, because it is a level of deep admiration.
Speaker 4: It's hard to respect someone if you really don't like them like that. It's possible, but it's kind of hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I can do it. But you're right, it ain't standard. That's a good point. I never thought about it. Or you got the guys that's trying to make some money. I mean, but that's how they raise their social status. I mean, either they balling or they on some bullshit.
Speaker 2: I mean they're gonna go all the way.
Speaker 1: I guess to some degree, we could say, like somebody that's from the corner, you know what I'm saying. Like YouTube creates a new version of social currency in said community. Maybe you know what I mean, I don't know, Like I guess maybe shit, why not? But I just I just can't imagine, you know what that makes sense? That makes sense, like because I can't. What I'm not registering is that people are doing these things for like this limited amount of money.
Speaker 2: If they're seeing any money.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't make sense to me because they like, who are you looking at to do the business? Even like when it came to de boy and you would look up to the local de boy and that will become your model of what you're doing.
Speaker 6: Or it could be they could be looking at someone who claiming that they making a certain amount of money off of it, you know what I'm saying, and they like, oh, nigga, I could do that too. And I do think it's a people don't understand that there's a way to be like you were just saying it, like, there's a there's a space where you can do this in.
Speaker 5: An integral way, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And I don't think people I think they underestimate the skill it take to be good at even being a YouTube I mean like telling stories or creating content and all that and I think they see certain people and they think they can a lot of them don't know that they're not good at what they're doing.
Speaker 3: Sure, well, I mean it's like people use the term attention horror.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: Well, if you ask some people me, horrores were the only honest women in la If it's crazy. If your modus operandi is end game attention, if you hit there's a point, you hit critical mass. If what you're doing garners enough attention, you don't need to be good at those other things. Other things won't come to you because people are gonna be like, I mean, shit, well this guy's getting looked at six hundred times a week.
Speaker 3: Let's just hit him up and see what he wants for it.
Speaker 4: Maybe no one else is called first, but that's not It might not happen at.
Speaker 3: Sixty thousand a week.
Speaker 4: So it all kind of you know, there's certain points where you just kind of you just do it enough and get enough eyes, things are gonna happen for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, it's definitely a wo man. I don't know though it throws. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think it just turned it to something I think they think is easy, simple and in a hustle man and like you say, I don't know if it's for this limited amount of money, because where are they scaling it? Like how much money you've seen somebody make in your field of what they're doing. But you've got some dudes on here who claiming to be rich off of it, even if they never seen it, so they may believe it and be like, damn, nigga rich, I could do that. I'm over silent nigga in this nigga or wooh whoop, I could do that, And then they get on there you know what I'm saying. But they could be lying. They can be lying about the money they make, and a lot of them are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, like.
Speaker 4: Look at all these like like the Instagram fitness girls. Whatever the hell they've got two and a half million followers on Instagram and x number on Twitter, x number on this and that and whatever.
Speaker 3: They have an aggregate five million followers. They don't do what they do lunches in tiny shorts all day long.
Speaker 4: The talent is not there, right, but they garner enough attention that they get sponsorships because people are called call them sponsorships and.
Speaker 3: They just take them out. Okay, Yeah, And then you see this bumpkin ass chick. I take oh no, no, no, no no, no, no plan based protein and I'm happy.
Speaker 4: And they get twenty thousand for the week because six million people saw it, right, So I don't know, it's it's it's a weird, that's it. It's there's an opaqueness to the reality of it.
Speaker 2: But to some degree does it become the new lottery?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 3: Like it's close and I have a.
Speaker 2: Six million fathers, like, it's very rare.
Speaker 1: Sure you to genuinely have five to six million followers with no talent, there's going to be a very like like like they.
Speaker 2: Hit the lottery, it's probably the same number.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's a dedication.
Speaker 4: And there's a girl that I know personally and she's very nice, very sweet, and she's very ardent in what she does and doesn't want to do you know, with herself, her image, her page or whatever. But she's well in the nearing a million and we've been cool for like a lot of years. She doesn't have money like that, but I know for a fact she turns down a lot and she was like, man, I don't know what to do with my money. Is got all these issues? I'm like, you got seven hundred and ninety five thousand followers.
Speaker 3: Take the checks.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't want to turn my thing into a into the Yellow Pages. That's your choice, you know what I mean. But she's not out there.
Speaker 2: But what else does she have that is weird? Why?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: Why else do she have it?
Speaker 5: Social?
Speaker 6: At that point, I have no answers that social currency give motherfuckers high man.
Speaker 4: I have no answers for her for the rationale. I just know that she's nice, she works really hard and looking good. She looks really good, and that is her.
Speaker 6: I never forget one time I've seen a girl post some shit years ago on Facebook, years ago, and for whatever she posted, it got like a lot of likes, probably like more likes than she ever got, and she was like damn going up on this one, and then like you had to excite it and it was like probably like one hundred and twenty lights on something.
Speaker 5: But that shit like just boosted her. It's steamed, you feel me.
Speaker 6: No, it wasn't selling nothing, It wasn't nothing about talent. It wasn't nothing, you know what I mean. It could have just been I don't remember what the post was. That shit really be like turning people on.
Speaker 1: I used to always think, bro, when people would tell me certain things like, oh man, to do this, you're gonna you know, one thing you hear in the music industry is that you heard about even people to me that I that I grew up listening to like a puff, Like if you ain't like, if they can't change your sexual preference to some degree, you're not gonna make it.
Speaker 2: And I think we've all heard that along.
Speaker 5: Wait what.
Speaker 3: You heard them?
Speaker 1: If you not to be gay for pay, if you ain't gonna take a dick or suck a dick, your journey into the elite level of the business is gonna be harder.
Speaker 5: He said that.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying people used to say that to me all the time.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you hear that to this day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I heard that right, And I used to write it off as niggas who didn't made it, niggas who didn't make it making it why they didn't make it?
Speaker 5: Sure you didn't make it because you didn't.
Speaker 2: Suck peenis Yeah, I was like that's how Like, come on, bro, Like, so do.
Speaker 5: That mean you looked at all the niggas that made it?
Speaker 1: Well, so I didn't really see it that way. I didn't believe them. I thought them niggas was crazy. I'm like, man, that's crazy. All these men ain't got no men sucking them up, and all of these men are not gay, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And that was my thought for a long time.
Speaker 1: Now my thought is a little different, Like I haven't quite gave into that concept of believing that. But what I do believe in birds of a feather fly together. People fuck with people that do the ship that they do. So it's like people who I know fuck with me, but they not gonna double down on fuck with me because I don't drink.
Speaker 4: Look yeah, like white business, networking, golf, cigars and fly fishing.
Speaker 2: Mmm, that's exactly what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I think if if some dude is, if some dude is knocking dudes down and you not into that, well maybe he's not gonna spend as much time with you.
Speaker 4: He's probably remember that old I think it was like a PEPSI saw like knocking those down. If you could do a rebase on knocking dudes down talking about right, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Or like if you like drugs, like I know for sure, a lot of the dudes I know in the business do drugs and I don't do drugs, So why would you hang with me if I don't do drugs?
Speaker 6: You know what, You're right, man, because I just even just from experience, like a lot of shit I don't do right, like I could be looked at as like a born ass nigga you feel me and.
Speaker 5: Pull up like that, or if any.
Speaker 6: It just be me at the crib, you know what I'm saying, because I'm not doing none of that, and you can't.
Speaker 2: Do it here.
Speaker 1: And I don't even think I like, if somebody just leaned over and did a line, I'd probably be a little uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie, I'd be probably.
Speaker 6: It's hey, bro, you you ain't no. Probably when I've seen it before, Bro, I was offended.
Speaker 2: Okay, does that make me judgmental?
Speaker 5: I jump.
Speaker 4: You've hit a hot but man, it is prudent to be judgmental, and you are not exercising judgment if you are not judging judging others, I'm not saying condemn them whatever the hell. You don't have the power to condemn anybody, but you judge. You have to judge people. You have to judge your surround You have to judge what's going on that people who live by don't judge nobody. Those people surround themselves with ship people and get fucked over by it routine have an exercise judgment to make judging and cause.
Speaker 5: Judge.
Speaker 1: What about people that drink alcohol? See, my problem is I see alcohol like I see a line.
Speaker 3: That's what I don't know, because like alcoholics.
Speaker 1: Making something legal does not justify exactly what I think is somebody doing something.
Speaker 2: Wise in somebody doing something.
Speaker 6: You're a marketing guy, right, You're a marketing guy. I've a lot different than cod in peels and crack.
Speaker 3: And we'll think about this.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Pete, I'm sorry, take the marketing out of it and said, I've only drank so this is speculative, just just observational. I've I've never done a drug period of any kind. I don't know what I'm willing to bet big time money if you there's no hitting a little bit of myth. You know what I'm saying. There's no hitting no one. No one has a slight buzz off crack. I know there's some spectrum on coke, but it's kind of like you know what I'm saying, So it's like I could have a margarita and and you don't have to worry about it. My biggest issue, I'm not bothered by people who do drugs around me. Sometimes I'm pissed off because it's like, bro, you're putting me at risk of being in an associate of possession. Her potential issue here if there's a problem. But I don't like people that are crazy. I'm uncomfortable by around like schizophrenic holes people. I don't know what you're gonna do. I can't read you like I can read a normal person. If you're shitty drunk, I don't know what you're gonna do next. If you're high as fuck, I don't know what you're gonna do next. But if you have a beer, I know what the fuck you're gonna do next. You're not gonna do shit, you know what I mean. But I don't know how the other drugs work. You pop up, you pop up hill. I don't know what's gonna happen after that pill.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I just know growing up man like liquor and we was just you know, normal, But.
Speaker 2: You don't think that's legal.
Speaker 1: Because forty years before that, it was literally the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 5: Right, and it's still bad for you if you abuse it, right, But.
Speaker 2: So can we say the same thing for cocaine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what you mean to me? It is the one off factor. I've never heard of anybody first.
Speaker 2: Timing and somebody who do percocets.
Speaker 1: Is it only bad if you abuse it? It's to me the issue is like a girl who used percocets the way you drink alcohol.
Speaker 4: I mean what meaning that she took a purpose of pilll and nipped half, like an eighth of it off and had it once every four days. Yeah, I think the issue with those things is And believe me, I've tried you try to perk. No, I don't try to perk. I've drank enough alcohol to turn out my lights, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It doesn't happen like that.
Speaker 4: You can lend bias it by accident easily, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I think that's the issue.
Speaker 4: And and and people look like like I can I critique libertarians.
Speaker 3: People should be allowed to whatever.
Speaker 4: Okay, great, if you want to legalize heroin, then you can't legalize on the production side.
Speaker 3: Standards for brake pads.
Speaker 4: How are you gonna say that the heroin producer has no standard of outcome for its consumer, but brake pads have a standard of outcome.
Speaker 3: For their consumer. You have to have equal application to the law.
Speaker 4: That becomes a challenge because a little bit of pure heroin might do you.
Speaker 1: In, just like alcohol though, Like I'm sure real alcohol, not this kind of version of alcohol that y'all drink today, but like probably real alcohol probably fucked people over.
Speaker 3: I've had eighty percent illegal off the.
Speaker 5: Market glass thing. You ain't got a name to it.
Speaker 4: It's just hard or off market moonshine or off market what do you call it?
Speaker 2: Ever clear?
Speaker 3: I've had that.
Speaker 1: I used to people this is I mean, like back when the prohibition happened.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the.
Speaker 1: Purpose also was alcohol was a powerful you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: It was a powerful situation.
Speaker 4: Will you shrink it? You distill it down to the part you could transport it?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: It's you don't want to be bringing in seventeen tons of coca leaf from Colombia.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get cop I'm thinking it got it the way cocaine is now, it ain't nowhere near probably as great as.
Speaker 2: It once was.
Speaker 1: Hands on where you buy it, I mean, if you buy an America, because if it came through, if you came through our side of America, right on the West, it probably got stepped on three four times.
Speaker 5: It's just the way you it's the way you muse it too. Though. That got a lot to do with it too.
Speaker 1: So if there was a Chili's bar for cocaine, you'll feel good about it.
Speaker 2: You'd be like, you know what, I ain't tripping. They give you a heater on a line.
Speaker 6: No, it just what you do that nigga, you know, sniffing it, that's just that's just a weird activity.
Speaker 3: I would drink coca leaf tea, cocaine tea.
Speaker 4: I heard one of my friends moms and like they had a lot of money. So like, I mean they weren't like they were great people, great people, but like they traveled the world a lot, you know, the parents, and they went and did some hike, high altitude hike in Peruin, the Andes. And remember for years like hearing about like from this my friend's and mom like, yeah, when you get altitude headaches or whatever, they give you coca leaf tea. And it's very and it's like super mild. Your headache goes away. But that's like why.
Speaker 1: Versus never clear m I always thought BC powder was cocaine?
Speaker 5: What powers powder?
Speaker 2: What was that old black when you used to take BZ powder when I was younger.
Speaker 5: Knocking that she used to knocking nigga tooth fake out?
Speaker 3: Oh gotcha? Got well?
Speaker 4: Like I think that's like you know, the turn like like novacane. They used to use cocaine as a local anesthetic. Sure, and they synthesized you know novacane.
Speaker 6: No, you use it for medicine. Is when you started abusing it, you know. I mean, these are drugs, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But should we say the same thing alcohol at that point it's fair if.
Speaker 2: Somebody I'm not fatiguing, I'm asking.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My only thing about alcohol and weed that separates them from a lot of other stuff is it's really really hard to have a one off accident with those versus other things where it can happen, and it does happen.
Speaker 3: For Ja, that's the only that's my only life.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The ship they doing to these other things is crazy, like what they you know, with the whole fining off ship, like you know, with the pills, the cocaine. You know, then these niggas just doing like five drugs. Yeah, like they smoke weed, drinking, sniff coke, simp, pill whatever and then eat the worst food. Is like, nigga, you high high right now, your body don't know what the fuck they want to do. Sleep, nigga, jog You feel me, fight and your body just going through it.
Speaker 5: You feel me. That's another thing, man, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: And anybody that can't solve a problem and uses that as a replacement for solving problem.
Speaker 3: I think there's a big, big, big problem.
Speaker 4: I noticed it more in California and other states where weeds more legal and more you.
Speaker 3: More constant than like here.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of people who can't solve a problem emotionally, can't go from beginning to end through the process of whatever. So they gotta I gotta get I gotta smoke weedle if if you can never go from being like I'm cool, something happened, I have anxiety, I have stress, I'm upset, and solve the problem then emotionally bounced back from that on your own. If you retard that ability by getting high in the middle of the cycle every single solitary time for years.
Speaker 3: You now have problems, you know.
Speaker 4: And the same is true for alcohol, Like if I if I stopped, and if I had five cocktails a day, like I know girls that have five blends a day or that hit part of a blunt five times a day, Like people would show up at my place and have an intervention. You can't have five cocktails before work, at break after work, you can't. That's problem behavior. That's big time problem behavior.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Them blust smoking smoking girls too, they start getting them black and pink lips.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's the least of their problems.
Speaker 4: That's like honestly, that stress stress one of them out when there's no weed around and and and it's.
Speaker 1: You know, black lips come from like them smoking, like like when you get too little andy start burning their lips.
Speaker 6: I think, So, I'm not sure. We got to get one of them with the black and pink lips and ask them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I guess, I guess, I guess. Let me revise my thought, like.
Speaker 1: My So, where I'm at now is do I believe you have to start doing some morally unscrupulous things to be successful?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: But then where we're saying success is at are we called? And success? Making two million dollars a year? I don't think you really got to do anything morally reprehensible.
Speaker 2: At that point.
Speaker 1: But I think to get the twenty million where we come from, you're probably gonna have to start doing.
Speaker 2: Some shit that's fucked up.
Speaker 1: I mean, is it really morally reprehensible if you suck a dick to get a twenty million dollars deal?
Speaker 2: If you're not.
Speaker 6: Gay, yeah, well you're gay at that point.
Speaker 2: But what if you just did it for the twenty million and you never did it again.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's morally off.
Speaker 4: Like the only scenario in which I like, if someone like if I had a little daughter who's four, and someone put a knife to her throat and says, suck, They're not gonna slice your daughter's head off. You have to like I would, you might have to do whatever you have to do to save your daughter's life. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's a different circumstance.
Speaker 2: What about two hundred million.
Speaker 5: I don't need two hundred million dollars.
Speaker 4: Sorry, If I'm not saving my little girl's life or something like that, we're really not doing this, like I mean, I would.
Speaker 5: At that point, it's not like, well.
Speaker 4: You can either cut your arm off with the elbow, suck a dick, or your daughter's getting decapitated by Joe over there.
Speaker 3: It's in that world. Yeah, I'm gonna start and be like, Okay, I'll take the arm whatever.
Speaker 5: But if it's not that million, that bad it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I mean, but at that point, it's like, you can't.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's you have to be a different of person to be able to enjoy tw hundred million because you don't because you don't have the pride in it like a lot of people in that at that level, you don't just stagger into two hundred million dollars. You have to have a real desire to be good at what you do. You know you're not good at what you do. You know you don't deserve the money. You know, all the ship that you're using to project, all the successes based off of the fact that you're mediocre and you suck that guy's dick who granted that to you, He owns you.
Speaker 6: That's a different like the nigga at the fire remember the nigga with ru for the fireface.
Speaker 7: Make the deal happy? They look what happened with the fireface. I don't think that was worth it, buddy, No, But so.
Speaker 2: What it takes? What does it take? I think that's the thing.
Speaker 1: I don't think most people really do research on where they're trying to go.
Speaker 2: I agreed.
Speaker 1: I think most people are just doing something that they think will raise their social status and possibly make them some money. Because I just like, I'm looking at the biggest YouTubers, you know, and Jake and Logan, and like I was saying to you earlier, then motherfuckers is boxing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I mean, look at Steve Oh.
Speaker 4: He made bazillions of dollars of money lighting himself on fire, jumping off of balconies, having people pierced the side of his face with a fish hook ice cold like.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 3: Shit wasn't like he did a million things I.
Speaker 5: Would differ do Yeah.
Speaker 1: For real, good looking out for tuning in to the Note Sellers podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate commentist share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA. It produced about the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio Year