Speaker 1: We're just riding the high right now. Thank you so much again for all of your support. This Spotify wrapped has got us just in the fields.
Speaker 2: Yeah, comments, all your love. Honestly, it reminds us why we do this and that is so cool.
Speaker 3: So somebody asked me how many minutes I have listened to.
Speaker 2: Our Yes, all of them.
Speaker 3: I was like, I literally, it's not in my top and they were shocked.
Speaker 2: I do the show.
Speaker 3: You think I go home.
Speaker 4: But these people beat us because they listen back years and years and years, so they actually win.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Well, welcome to the Second Date podcast. Thank you so much for being here. Before we get to a brand new update update, remember the way this works is we're going to air the original time that the couple was on the show, and then in part three, we're gonna have them back on the phone to see what's happened since, and.
Speaker 4: There's gonna be a little commercial in between.
Speaker 2: Yes, so listen to it, you know whatever you want?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, and comment yes, Cindy said.
Speaker 4: Spotify says, I'm in the top one percent of Second Date Update listeners this point. I'm emotionally invested in strangers who can't text back.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's it. That's it. That's the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Love from South Africa.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, that's the other cool thing.
Speaker 1: We've reached over one hundred and sixty five countries this year, which is crazy.
Speaker 3: I don't even know there was that many, like twenty.
Speaker 4: I love looking at the list of there's like two listeners in one country and I'm like, I need to meet those two people.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, so thank you again for being here. Your brand new update update starts right now.
Speaker 3: Sometimes at the end of a nice dinner date, your waiter will come and say something that just makes you feel both like really really good, you know, like you two make a really cute couple.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 3: You are my favorite table tonight by far gosh, I would love to secretly film YouTube kissing. That's a cute couple. That's nice. Well, it went a little bit differently for the people on the phone with us today. They got maybe the most awkward cringe comment a server could possibly say to a couple at the end of their night.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: And yet still they made it through. Wow, and they are back to give us a special second date Update Update day, and who knows what comment will say at the end of it. You're gonna hear it right after this second date update. Brooke, what's that filter that you like to use on Instagram to make yourself look like fifteen years younger.
Speaker 2: There's no filter, sweetheart, it's just life.
Speaker 3: It's the FaceTime filter that you pay extra for because the live filtering on the videos that costs a lot more.
Speaker 1: Don't use a filter, Jeff, Sure, yeah, FaceTime?
Speaker 2: Is you mean face two? I think is actually what you mean?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Whatever, it's broken morning the mic over there. But I only bring it up because in today's second date update, age was at the forefront of the conversation, at least in the email that I just read from our listener, Phil. And I've learn from experience if people get a little spicy when you talk about age. Jeff a little bit, but apparently I don't know. He is worried that it may have been a factor during his date. So let's talk to him, Phil, Phil, welcome to the show. Can you hear me talking to the bottom part of the phone.
Speaker 8: I'm not okay, So here's what happened.
Speaker 3: Okay, we haven't asked you that question yet. You're gonna look quick.
Speaker 2: Can you take us off speaker?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 8: We goes. That's way better.
Speaker 2: Good job, man can teach old dogs new trick.
Speaker 3: All right, man, officially, welcome to the show. How you doing today?
Speaker 8: Doing good? Doing good?
Speaker 2: Are you doing all of that?
Speaker 3: You still like us and you even sound younger off speaking, So let's go straight to your date here. Tell us about the girl that you met recently. What's her name?
Speaker 7: Mandy?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: Okay, Mandy?
Speaker 2: Okay, good, And I'm guessing you didn't meet Mandy on that app?
Speaker 8: I did meet Mayby?
Speaker 3: Was it the app Coffee Meets Metamucil?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's too low.
Speaker 7: No, it was tender.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I deserve that. I like Phil spicy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good, we like it. Okay, So walk us through the meeting and the meet up with Mandy.
Speaker 7: Yes, so we went to this really great seafood spot.
Speaker 2: It's a dinner date. And what were you feeling before, Henry nervous? Excited?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, recently divorced.
Speaker 7: It's been a long time since I had a first date, so I'm a little nervous.
Speaker 2: Congratulations like getting back out there.
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, nice to hear something nice.
Speaker 3: Eventually we become kind.
Speaker 2: We actually got your back, Phil, We got your back.
Speaker 3: That's good. So you go to the seafood restaurant where food is easy to chew, and how did it go.
Speaker 8: The conversation's good. There is some talk about social media. Yeah, it was really interesting. She really liked the TikTok. I'm more of a Facebook guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I actually downloaded it. She got me, you know, interested in No matter what, I'm gonna thank Mandy for that.
Speaker 2: Do you guys able to connect over other things?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You know, we talked about a lot of stuff. It goes really good. We talked about like our first concerts.
Speaker 2: Oh, I bet that was a big difference.
Speaker 7: Mine was Aerosmith in eighty nine when.
Speaker 8: Rock was real.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, okay, and hers was in.
Speaker 7: Fact ariana grande Okay, okay, age a little bit.
Speaker 2: But hey, like we said, you were honest. You knew what she was getting into.
Speaker 3: That's good. And the fact that you're connecting is a great sign. No matter what it is you're talking about. As long as the conversation is going smoothly, that's perfect. So take us to the end of the day. How did you wrap it up?
Speaker 7: So that was where it got a little embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Okay, how it happened.
Speaker 7: A little embarrassing. The waiter came to give us our bill, and then he said, we.
Speaker 8: Hope you and your daughter have enjoyed this meals.
Speaker 3: So now you're in a tough position because you can either let it slide and just brush it off, or you confront the situation head on.
Speaker 2: And tell them just start making out and really, like what how did you handle it?
Speaker 6: Phil?
Speaker 8: You know, sometimes you just have to take it on the chin.
Speaker 2: Did you get any read on her reaction to that moment?
Speaker 3: Not really.
Speaker 7: I was a little taken aback. I was a little embarrassed myself.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, do you think when you're out some whe older you expect it?
Speaker 4: Like everybody plays that game where you see a couple like that out and you're like you think they're a couple or.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, you see people in line.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's fun to play that game.
Speaker 2: So okay, okay, have you reached out to her since the date?
Speaker 7: I have. I just haven't heard back, And I don't want to be one of those people that overtech.
Speaker 3: You know, what are you doing? Are you just doing straight phone calls?
Speaker 7: I can text?
Speaker 1: Oh really, we're acting like he's eighty five years old.
Speaker 2: You've got to be in like your fifties or something, right your sixties.
Speaker 3: No comment, no, okay, all right, Well a lot of times a good way to like reach people now is through DMS.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just but he has your number. He called a radio station. He's cool enough to listen to our show. We're gonna call it.
Speaker 3: It's just because we're calling from a random number. She might not pick up when we dial her, but maybe she will. Maybe she'll give us a chance and we can talk to her and hopefully get an answer for why she hasn't called you back to hang out again. Because you sound like a great guy.
Speaker 8: Well, thanks for that. It's once again nice to hear a second nice thing.
Speaker 1: Maybe by the end of this you'll have your whole finger nice thing. You're dounting, brother.
Speaker 3: We're gonna think of lots of compliments to give to you and about you when we called Mandy and get you your second date update right after this. Okay, all right, all right, man, hold on second date update.
Speaker 1: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out.
Speaker 2: How the couple is doing right after you.
Speaker 3: Here Part two, playing a little aerosmith for our listener, Phil. Yeah, really right in honor of the very first concert that he ever went to back in nineteen eighty nine. And I bet he never thought back then that he'd be on a hot date today with a cute girl named Mandy whose first concert was Ariana Grande. A little bit of an age difference there, which only came to light when their waiter dropped off the bill at their table and said, we hope you and your daughter enjoyed your time here. So kind of an awkward moment, but hey, Phil rolled with it. Unfortunately, though, he's not getting a response back from Mandy afterwards. And that's where we come in trying to help Phil. Every word she is.
Speaker 2: Hitting him up it on TikTok, and guy, stop it. He is not that old. I mean, he's rusty because he was divorced. And this is just right.
Speaker 1: I mean, the one thing you may not understand is that there's a lot of like ghosting in dating now, Like it's pretty normal and.
Speaker 4: Some people just like to go out for a dinner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's a good point. Ptil did you know that?
Speaker 8: Did I know that the thing that happened to me happens.
Speaker 1: Well, it happens all the time, and you shouldn't take it personally because it's not a reflection.
Speaker 2: Of who you are or what you can offer in a relationship.
Speaker 3: That was a little spicy and phil, if we can get her, I'm not going to bring up the age thing at all to her unless she says it first.
Speaker 8: Is that good?
Speaker 3: Is that cool with you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: And because if it's not about the age and bring it up, it shouldn't be because she again, you are when you meet on a dating now you're forgetting.
Speaker 3: It's not surprised.
Speaker 7: I was completely truthful about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, good. So I'd love to hear what excuse she has for not calling a great guy like you back. Let's figure it out. I'm going to dial her number right now. Okay, here we go. Hello, Hey, we're going to talk with Mandy. This is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. He Hi, Hey, is it okay if we chat with you for a bit?
Speaker 9: I guess I don't have a lot of time, but okay, okay, Well.
Speaker 3: This shouldn't take long because we're doing something called a second date update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you went out with the other night. And we heard it was actually pretty.
Speaker 2: Fun, fancy seafood date.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, good conversation. Well, TikTok action with a guy named Phil.
Speaker 5: Oh no, not Phil, Yes, you mean, oh yes philw Like, I know, Phil's a little bit bummed because you guys haven't arranged a second meetup.
Speaker 3: And if you don't want to, that's up to you, but it would really help him out if you could give an explanation for why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, remember, this is a guy who's back in the dating world these lord and.
Speaker 2: Some new things.
Speaker 3: You have to admit he's a really nice guy, right.
Speaker 1: I guess guess wasn't he nice on the date?
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm into dating older guys. But Phil's picture it was a lot younger than what he made it out.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he was older than you would normally date basically.
Speaker 3: Okay, so maybe he chose an older photo of himself because he liked how he looked however many years ago, which I think a lot of people do. But yeah, I mean we spoke to him and like, his personality seemed very vibrant and young.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, remember Brock like so was a side he's on TikTok Now, Yeah, like he sounds cool.
Speaker 9: Well, here's the weird thing.
Speaker 10: I was showing him how to do the TikTok and he basically ordered a glass of milk.
Speaker 3: From that's such an old child.
Speaker 10: Yeah, kid, a parogize for the battery being too low. And he pulls out a full fanny pack and pack from the fanny pack and he carries a super pack, not just like a tiny one. It was a super pack and the fanny pack.
Speaker 6: Everything.
Speaker 2: So he ordered milk and had a man fanny pack.
Speaker 9: And then on top of all that, the waiter he made a comment, like a weird comment that.
Speaker 2: Was that was really embarrassing for him.
Speaker 9: If I was waiting on that table, I would think the same thing.
Speaker 2: Not a good response in.
Speaker 3: His back pocket, Old guys, we keep a tube of grease.
Speaker 2: Your hair a grandfather?
Speaker 3: Is he?
Speaker 10: Well I don't know, but look, well he did start talking about my credit score and my IRRA.
Speaker 3: That's important.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you're probably really did for my future. But you know that's not romantic.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well he's just a little too get It's good that you're sharing this with us, because Phil really did need to hear I think some of those things because you m you might not know he is on the other line right now listening to this phone call many.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, not Phil.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's it's a good thing because he really did need to hear some of this stuff.
Speaker 2: He's old.
Speaker 3: Why to hear that, Je, he's new to online dating. He needs to learn like what to do and what not to do as he goes forward in.
Speaker 2: The dating age brackets.
Speaker 3: Going forward, Phil, talk to Mandy. She's on the phone right now. You can have a conversation. Go ahead.
Speaker 8: So you're making fun of a fanny pack on the radio, It's not about that.
Speaker 9: It was a big charger and I feel.
Speaker 8: Like I like you, but it was a charger. A lot can fit in that fanny.
Speaker 3: Pat, Do you have it right?
Speaker 5: Brooks?
Speaker 3: Getting turned on.
Speaker 2: Your fie pack too?
Speaker 3: Okay, Phil, how did you feel hearing Mandy say all that just a moment ago.
Speaker 8: I'm not gonna lie. It hurt a little bit. Yeah, and some of that sounds a little unfair, really.
Speaker 3: Part was the glass of milk cold or was it warm?
Speaker 8: One glass of milk before seafood.
Speaker 2: It helps with the gut, Okay, I didn't mean for you to.
Speaker 3: Okay it, Phil? Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, we got it, we got it, We got it.
Speaker 5: Phil.
Speaker 3: It just sounds like maybe between you and Mandy, there wasn't so much romantic feelings going on. It was more like a father figure wanting to help a younger person out. That was the vibe that she was getting.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so what do you want?
Speaker 5: Many?
Speaker 7: How do How do I be more romantic towards you?
Speaker 3: Shift a little? Just have to think about it differently, Mandy. He's not an older guy. He's just classic.
Speaker 2: He's like the most interesting man in the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sexy. No, you gotta look at it in a positive way, like you will never get a two am hey you up text from Phil. But yeah, he'll come at five thirty. But that's fine.
Speaker 8: You guys are supposed to be helping me, help me get a date with it.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're trying. So we're just gonna ask Mandy. Phil seems like a really cool, nice guy, and you admit yourself that you like older men.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not that old.
Speaker 3: Well, we still don't know what that number is, and we would like to offer to send you out on another date with Phil that we pay for.
Speaker 10: Give Phil one more chance, you know what, as a wingwoman, not any romance.
Speaker 2: All right, you need that right now.
Speaker 1: Listen, if you surround yourself with friends that are young, you look younger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brook know it's from experience. So there you go.
Speaker 5: She hangs out with us all the time, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: After the call that we just heard, did anybody expect to hear from Phil and Mandy again?
Speaker 2: I mean, if they're friends on the phone, I expected it.
Speaker 3: Date here they are, both of them are back to give us an update on their life. I don't know, like, are you two together now?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: No, no, even he said, god no, not a relationship.
Speaker 3: All right, that's clear.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, last time we spoke to you, Mandy said she wouldn't date you, Phil, but she would wing woman for you. Did that happen?
Speaker 5: Best wing woman I ever?
Speaker 3: Best wing woman ever?
Speaker 2: Really did?
Speaker 10: What did she do?
Speaker 3: What did you do?
Speaker 2: Mandy?
Speaker 9: I definitely introduced him to my aunt Sadie.
Speaker 3: You introduced him to your.
Speaker 5: Aunt, that's all.
Speaker 3: She's rich.
Speaker 2: Aunt Sadie is very wealthy. Okay, dude, that's awesome. So what you hooked Phil up with your aunt?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Definitely it was. I set him up really equally.
Speaker 3: I don't know about a wing woman. Okay, if you can get a date for a friend, or if you just passed her off to your aunt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, details, Are you in a relationship with her aunt?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah?
Speaker 6: Oh god, answer, Oh my god, smoking hot smoking.
Speaker 3: Family huh.
Speaker 1: Is it awkward like in a family thing when you know that you went on a date with your aunt's now but boyfriend.
Speaker 10: Well, as weird as it seems, are actually really cute together.
Speaker 8: Exactly.
Speaker 9: They came over for Thanksgiving this year and it was really fun.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I bet he had his fanny pack fill of pepto bismo running.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Phil, you dog gotta stay prepared.
Speaker 3: That's such a cute. Not the happy ending I saw coming, but it's much better than when I was happy ending. So congratulations.
Speaker 2: Okay, so all right, all right, Yeah, it's gotta be one.
Speaker 3: He definitely checks out, definitely keep us updated on what happens between Phil and your aunt Sadie. And yeah, that's really cool.
Speaker 2: Do we need more updates?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Maybe just send it in like a text message to