Speaker 1: Pushkin. In the summer of twenty twenty, in the small mountain town of Idleworld, California, some disturbing news began to spread. Five women had disappeared in the span of just a few months.
Speaker 2: When that started happening, you know, all of us girls were kind of saying, Okay, well, we're not going to go anywhere without somebody else.
Speaker 1: I hike a lot in that area and always on my own, So the news really hit home, and being a journalist, I wanted to find out what was going on, so I started making some calls. Eventually I found out what happened to all the women, all except one Lydia kenschlo Abrams, known as Dea, a glamorous sixty five five year old who from the outside looking in, seemed to have it all.
Speaker 2: She's a woman who was confident about herself, always giving compliments to others. But at the same time, this petite woman kid opened up a can of wood bass like no one I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: In the days after Dia disappeared, her friends, her neighbors, and her kids began to search for her. They ran through endless theories. Was she lying hurt somewhere, had she run away, had she been kidnapped killed. There were two men in her life who led the searchers, her son Clinton Abrams, and a man named Keith Harper, who lived with Dea on her sprawling ranch and said they were engaged. It didn't take long for people to start pointing fingers, because it turns out there were people who could benefit if Diaz suddenly disappeared. Her estate was worth millions of dollars.
Speaker 3: People I didn't know were in our family home, and I had gone up there ever since I was a little kid. And now suddenly, you know, the people who I suspect had murdered her are moving in.
Speaker 4: You know, obviously, when you're the last person, always.
Speaker 1: Become the suspect. I soon discovered that everyone had a different version of events.
Speaker 4: He had every reason to harm her, but so did Chrissara and Clinton just because so much money's involved.
Speaker 1: I've been reporting this story for four years now. I've uncovered a tangled web of manipulation power estrange families.
Speaker 4: And greed to me the viable suspects are the kids or Harbor. He asked us to investigate it using our methodologies, and he was already contact the various psychics around the country.
Speaker 5: You can't trust anything, the man says at all, Like you can pretty much just take out a sharpie and just cross out every year thing.
Speaker 2: He said, if any one of the parties the kids for me, had anything to do with their disappearance or dead, we would get nothing. She turned to me and she said, if anything ever happens to me, Clinton did.
Speaker 5: It, And I was like, what the actual fuck.
Speaker 1: I'm Lucy Sheriff. Where's Dear is coming July twenty third from Pushkin Industries and iHeart Podcasts. Subscribe to Pushkin Plus to hear the whole season early and add free. Find Pushkin Plus on the Where's Dear's Show page in Apple Podcasts or at pushkin dot fm, slash plus, or to hear the show week by week, listen to Where's Dear on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Where's Dear is a co production of Pushkin Industries and iHeartMedia and was originally developed with Truly Adventurous