Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, welcome back. E y l Atlanta Edition Goroom.
Speaker 2: Only classics over here.
Speaker 3: So this is this is this is gonna be. This is gonna be a classic episode. Man shots first and foremost shot to my man Chad from eighty five South shown he he's a real dude. He reached out to us early on on our journey and just like the content that he was pointing out, and we connected and built a solid relationship, and our interview today comes courtesy of that. So first and foremost, we gotta acknowledge him. So, Chico Bean, yes, one is.
Speaker 2: Not messing up the aesthetics with my with my cell phone. You're good, you know, I know you gotta you gotta, you gotta get that in mind. I don't want your fan base to be like, fuck you think you fucking up the aesthetics at the table. It's gonna be a classic. Just wanted to make sure I'm following protocol. That's no, You're good man.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Chico Bean a legend in his own right, one of the funniest people on earth. You might have seen wilding out, you might have seen him on eighty five South Show on tour, you might have seen them on the podcast eighty five South Show, The Cold this podcast all over many they tend the game down right now. And you know he's He's one third of the Magnificent Trio.
Speaker 2: Just talented brothers.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but this is gonna be a interesting convo. You know, we never had a comedian on really yeah yeah, yeah, wow, we never had any well, we had an actor on before, but I'm gonna say we never had anybody from the entertainment space, but very few people. We got a lot of musicians, rappers, stuff like that, but not really.
Speaker 2: Do you think that that's more in tune with the people who subscribe to what you guys do? Do you think that that's more Nah?
Speaker 4: I think it has to do with people seeing it as just entertainment and if you getting the business part right right.
Speaker 2: So when we.
Speaker 4: Came to sit down with y'all, was like, yo, it's important that these dudes a businessmen, like they smart as hell.
Speaker 2: People need to see that.
Speaker 5: So and I don't think it.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's even thought about too much as far as like people like because obviously we all know comedians, we all know entertainers. But I don't think people even look look at it from that standpoint like we want to know the back story at this person, like you know what I'm saying. And that's the same thing I feel with like artists and even athletes a lot of times they don't necessarily know, like it's a lot that went into Lebron becoming Lebron. Almost definitely, they just want to tune into Game seven.
Speaker 2: It's just like entertaining.
Speaker 4: But like, yo, no, you're a person, you got a hell of a story and you grinded your asshole.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, most definitely, most definitely, most definitely, first and foremost, thank you for joining us, apciate man.
Speaker 2: Thank you all for having me. Man, this is a pleasure. Like, you know, we met in New York. What was it last year?
Speaker 5: Last year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we met in New York at Angela Yee's live podcast, Salut Angela Yee. Now, we had a conversation and you know what I mean, we didn't know, you know, we weren't in tune what you guys were doing at that point. But after we had the conversation, we tuned in and was and was really impressed with what we saw, what you guys were putting out, because it was something that we never seen before, especially with dudes that look like us. You know, I appreciate that, I mean a little bit more, you know, clean cut to the outfit. This is the nigga off the post for whatever problem that you've ever seen a black man model and like an outlet, mall like that nigga there and then him he's slick a defensive end, but he tried a trick y'all. You know, we know the back I ain't gonna give it all the way up. These dudes are very verse, stick with what they do, you know what I mean? Man?
Speaker 3: So yeah, man, but I'm interested in them the backstory because I feel like there's really no like set school to become a top comedian, Like you gotta kind of figure your way out. Some people took the Saturn Night Live. Some people, you know, go on the corner and tell jokes. Some people like how is your route coming from DC? Growing up in DC? Like how did you? Because I look at like every neighborhood got somebody that is a comedian. I could tell jokes like you know what I'm saying, but it's like, how do you turn that into an actual professional feature family?
Speaker 5: So like, how was you able to do that?
Speaker 2: Well? Not to go all the way back, but like I said, I was born and raised in Washington, DC and my background was really different. You know. My father was murdered when I was two years old and most of the male influences in my family were you know, in the street. So that was a lot of the influence that I got growing up, and I thought that that was what my aspirations should be, to be like the dudes that I looked up to, And for a while that was my goal. And I've been blessed to always be good at whatever it is I decided to do. And in two thousand and two, my uncle, who was, like I would say, the person who assumed the father role, the most consistent male that I had ever had, had got murdered in two thousand and two. So that changed my perspective a little bit because it scared me real bad because he was one of those guys that you see get all the respect and all the love, and you know, he was like a superhero to me. So when that happened, it changed my perspective on my you know route, because I knew that this dude was a thousand times tougher than I ever could be. Everything that I know about being stand up and being a man I really got from him, especially in the space that I was, you know, aspiring to be a part of. After he died, I realized that, you know, I dis ain't the way, so I took some money that I had, and I've always I started working when I was nine years old. You know, I've been getting my own money for a long time. I don't come from a household where nepotism was prevalent in any way, so I've always been able to generate my own income, even if it was just you know, I started out working at the barbershop brushing people off for dollars as a brush board, and then I got a job and hold foods as a bagger. And then you know, even when I jumped out and started doing the shit that we kind of all get caught up and when we come from certain environments, I still always kept a job because I was taught that you should never have more money than you can account for if the government come knocking over the door. So, you know, I worked at DTL and I've just always been efficient and making my own money. But at that point, I knew that I had to take a route that was less traveled for where I come from. So I took some money and paid for me and my partner to go on a college tour for all of HBCUs from DC all the way down to Florida, and honestly we went to where I ended up going to Winston Salem State. And the reason I picked the college I went to is because I seen twenty girls before and I said, this ain't that bad. I didn't know anything about college life up until that point because in DC public schools, they don't you know, they didn't really teach us about college. They really were just trying to get us out of school safely, you know what I mean. Really, we had a very high drop our rate, you know what I mean. The violence was real bad, and you know that wasn't you know, I got as counselors weren't guiding you towards that they were pretty much gotten you through real life issues. So once I went to Winsalem State and then I applied to more House, it was the only two schools that I applied to. Prior to that, I was just doing enough to make sure that my mama was satisfied with my schooling. But I knew that I was always, you know, proficient in whatever I did, so that when my uncle got killed, I started to buckle down to get right with the academics. So I went to more House, was supplied there, didn't get in. I mean, well, I got in, but I found out it was a dude school, and I was like, that's work on where I had no idea.
Speaker 3: Oh wait wait wait wait wait wait wait, you applied for more House and didn't realize it was all.
Speaker 2: No because we didn't I didn't know, you know what I'm saying. They were on fall break when we went. That was was a fall year, fall break when we went down there, so the school was closed. So but I just heard so much prestigious stuff about the school that I felt like, well, this is somewhere that I should apply to. And I got in. I did, and then you know, when I found out it was an all male school, I was like, Winston, sell them state it is, you know what I'm saying. So I went to Winston. You know, I majored in communications radio Television. I graduated and I went to get a job where I did an internship at at a news station in Winston Salem, North Carolina. And they told me I was gonna be making six dollars and fifty cent an hour part time. I was like, no, I'm not, just because of my like I said, my background, I've always been able to to, you know, get my own in. So I was like, well, if I'm gonna be I knew this was the start of my life. The way the world projects life and what a man is supposed to do, I knew this was the start of it. So I said, well, if I'm gonna be pawing, struggling, and then everybody telling me you don't really have a choice but to be paorn struggling at the beginning, then I'd rather be poor and struggling building my own legacy than helping somebody else that then took that elite Bill did and continue to Bill did. So I decided to you know, figure it out and that what that was gonna be. I had no idea, and my homeboy Jerome saluted my boy Jerome. He was like, bro, you should do comedy. You should do comedy, and mind you, I had never been to a comedy show at this point. I've always, you know, spoke in front of people. I've never had a stage fright. I've been speaking in front of people my whole life. I used to host all of the stuff for my fraternity when I was in school, and you know, I'm an outpha. Yeah. So I hosted all of this stuff for school, and you know, I was a person that didn't mind getting on stage and was good at it. So my boy Jerome was like, man, it's a comedy club in Greensboro, which is about thirty minutes away. We should go and check it out. They got an open mic. It was the first and second Thursday of every month. So that first Thursday we went and watched the show and I watched this people bomb over and over again, and I said, well, shit, I can at least give it a try, you know what I mean. And I ended up going home that weekend and had a series of events that kind of made me realize that I really need to do something that's of value because that was my first time in one of my father's gravesite and he didn't have a headstone, and that was a big part of what made me realize, like, yo, I can't go out like this. This dude is my father, but they don't even have a headstone. And luckily for me, my background has made it to where I could deal with the reality of things that that's the way it was always given to me. So when the lady showed me the grass. My first thought was like, damn, I hope I put these flowers on the right nigga, because this is gonna be confusion. And that's truly my thought process. But when I went home and showed my mom a paper that they gave me at the graveyard, she immediately broke down and cried and because they had is information wrong. And that let me know that even though he didn't do enough in his life to get a headstone, and nobody around him that did enough to get him one, he still had enough impact in love that after all of these years, it could still make this woman feel this way. So that means I got a special type of energy. Even though I've never been given the explanation of how to manage it, I had to figure out on my own. At that moment, I kin kind of confirmed that that's what it was for me. So I went back down to North Carolina and I went the next week to the open mic, got on stage there four minutes. And it may sound crazy, but when I got off stage, I swear it was like, that's what I'm supposed to be doing, and I've been doing it ever since that day.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. So like, at what point was it like comedy? Like, were you the dude in the school that everybody told Joe's Like.
Speaker 2: Nah, I mean that was you know, you come from certain environments where everybody got jokes, you know what I mean. I'm from DC, Man and where I come from. Everybody you had to be able to jone, to be able to just be outside. So I wouldn't say that I was the biggest class. I was always well known, but I don't think I was well known for being funny. I was just well known for the shit that I was into, and I was just good at you know. I was always a dude that had all the new everything, and you know, everybody knew me for going to get some money. That was pretty much what I was always known for, being gonna hustle.
Speaker 3: So once you once you decided you wanted to take it serious, like I guess the next steps is just comedy clubs?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, actually no, not really. At that point, I made a decision, another vital decision as to okay, what am I gonna do. Am I gonna stay here in North Carolina where I don't know anybody and I'm forced to make it work? Or am I gonna go home to DC where I have a support system, and it might be a little easier now. At that point, I had to realize that it was better for me to stay down there because I didn't want to have to deal with the repercussions of the failures that come with entrepreneurship and chasing your own dream like it's one thing if a stranger say you ain't shit, but if your mama's looking at you like, baby, you ain't ate again today, like it may, it affects you a little different. And I knew my You know, I'm very big on not caring about what people think about me because I care so much about the people who matter what they think of me. So I didn't want to have to deal with that influence because I knew at that point I didn't have enough understanding of what the game was to be able to get through that. I would have probably quit nine times out of ten, just because that influence would have made me feel like because I know how to hustle, so it would have made me feel like, man, what am I doing?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: I'm broken?
Speaker 5: Get it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Just get a job or get out here and start doing something different. So I stayed in North Carolina where there was no other option. This is what I gotta do. And I figured, this is not a hot bed of entertainment, like not too many people are coming to North Carolina looking for new talent. So I figured if I could make a name for myself there and make and build a following there wherever I go, I would have had that leverage, like I want to work with you, but I've already shown you what my work is when I show up. So that was my plan. So I stayed down and started to just do open mics, and then I got into a group. It was called NC Comics. It was a bunch of comedians who just were trying to They were funny and were trying to figure out a way. So it's unlike Atlanta. A lot of the guys that are starting Atlanta, LA and New York, which are the you know, some of the mechas of comedy, they already have their infrastructure built. In North Carolina, we were kind of responsible for building the infrastructure that exists there now in regards to comedy and people understanding that there's talent dead. So doing open mics, doing open mics, and you know, just going to do whatever I can do. And we ended up starting a group called the Freestyle Funny Comedy Show, which I have on my Chaine, myself, Durren Brand during Big Baby Brand who's also cast Memmon wilding Out was a cast Memon wild'n Out, beat Out who was a casman Moon wild'n Out, my boy Burpie who works radio at Charlotte Now, and my boy Drink who also works radio, and beat Out works one or two jams too. So we got together in two thousand and nine, at end of two thousand and nine, going in twenty ten and started this you know, Freestyle Funny Comedy troupe. And then and we got to hustling as a unit, you know, going to different conventions, getting booked for colleges and doing our own show every third Sunday of the month, and just hustling, you know, I mean, building a repertoire of understanding the game. Even though it wasn't somewhere where it was necessarily respected, we still were getting our rounds in.
Speaker 4: You even from that business standpoint, What was the influence right like, because I mean after a certain point, how many comedy tools did you see? I remember seeing like the Kings of comedy, like and that was the first comedy tourl but like, did y'all draw the blueprint from that and said, like, yo, we have enough talent to do that as well?
Speaker 2: Uh No, I think that comes from I think that's more on us the just the way you feel about yourself side of the game in regards to what you feel you possess and what you receive once you present that to people. Because I can think I'm shit, but when I get up and present it, if I don't get that back, it's clear you got some reworking to do. So I think what came with us is that we all got together and saw the response, even though it was just couple of people when it first started. We saw that people cared about what we were doing enough to come back again. So I think that's what made us have the motivation to do it there. But as far as what gave us the motivation to want to be comics, that comes from just all different places. Like I look up to so many different guys. I've always been a fan of comedy, but I never grew up like I'm gonna be a comedian, you know, that was never something that I thought that I would do. But I've been a student of the game just because you know, I was influenced by the people around me, and they watched Deaf Comedy jam My mama had all the tapes, and you know, my uncles and them used to you know, the most influential comedian to me is Earthquake, because that's who I saw the people who I looked up to laughing at all the time. It's Comedy Central days, all of that. So I remember we all watched Comedy Central and you know, watching Duvall do the remix of the and I know, did my seem strange? And all that. The Chappelle Show and all of these different influences from when I was young played in to my influence once I started being a comedian, and I realized, oh, I already got this bank of information and material that I've been influenced by. Now I need to go back and watch it and analyze it and see what I can learn and see how I can become better, and see what I can pick up and the rules of the game. I read books, I did everything that I can do to try to build my wealth of information and wealth of knowledge in regards to the game, so I wouldn't just be coming in thinking that my talent was just enough. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of times people just think like it's just get up there and starting telling Joe's Bloyd. There's a method to this, like the timing of it, even becoming a great writer, because I know that's something that you've become over time.
Speaker 2: It's like there's a process to that most definitely. Yeah, it's definitely a process you learn through. You know, it's trial and errator, you know what I mean. You get up there and you know, like my first show, I did the four minutes and I killed and I was the shit. Then that next time I came back, I bombed bad, I mean horribly, And then it's like my first two experiences were or that, you know what I mean. So I got the feeling of euphoria that you get, and then I got the feeling of So I got that early. So I knew what both of those were and how to and I just started to teach myself how to learn from both. So it's all just how you take in whatever it is it is that you're doing, you know what I'm saying, Like, especially with comedy because it's when you're doing stand up, you stand, it's just you flat foot with a microphone and your perspective being projected out into a room full of people, and hopefully your perspective can touch whatever it is that they got going on something that they may you know, be going through with something that they may you know, be ashamed of, and then then thought they were going through a loan and then they hear you talk about it, it's like, oh, so you pick up those things through experience. So I just think it's just you doing it that gets you to the point where you feel like I'm good at.
Speaker 3: What I do because I think that that's like, it's very important what you said, because it's like for anybody, you got to study your craft. And it's like it reminds me of like a boxer, like you know what I mean, Like Floyd is somebody like they watch hours of tape, so people, Mike Troy said, they might not consider like that you're watching literally your out, you're watching other comedians like watching tape for you know, like if you athlete and just explain to people how hard it is to do stand up because I always hear comedians saying like stand up is the hard because like I guess there's like comedians that are crazy funny, but they can't do stand up like every just because you're a funny comedian doesn't mean you can do stand up Like. That's like public speaking is already the biggest fear for most people. Not only are you speaking publicly, but you got to actually try to make people laugh, which isn't easy to do, like and you like on an island by yourself. So like, how is that like nerve rap? Like how is the vibe on telling stand up jokes?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know, I think that the stand up game is a little different than any other form of entertainment because you know, you don't have the the luxury of being repetitive, you know what I mean. If I make a hit song, I can perform that song over and over and over and over again. But if I got to hit joke, it's only a hit joke till everybody has seen it and laughed at it. Now I can't show back up and tell.
Speaker 4: You, Joe, because I'm thinking, Like even with songs, by the time I'm performing it already you.
Speaker 2: Already know the words. But if I come and and and do a and do a show and kill. When I come to a comedy club and then I come back and give you the exact same set again, you donna feel like you wasted your I heard that. Now there is a switch. There is a switch that gets flipped when you get to a point in the game where people start to fall in love with you so much as they request certain things that you've done. But that comes after a certain amount of time, you know what I mean. But at the beginning, it causes you to be you have to continuously, continuously write. And I think what makes it so difficult is because people don't know how to tap into what it is that they're going through and make it relatable. Like anybody can get on stage and tell a funny story, but how does this funny story tie into something that you've been through? How does what I'm talking about register into some experience that might be completely different in regards to, you know, logistics, but the same in regards to the overall aspect of what happened. Like that's the difficulty of it, because if I'm sitting here saying, uh, Mike neck loose on his T shirt, Like Mike got the loose neck on his T shirt, Like it's you've probably had loose necks on your T shirt before, But how am I gonna make this situation relate to when you had your loose neck and you had one, you know what I mean? Like all of that counts. So I mean, I'm not come on, Mike, I'm just using Mike is my man. Mike already left our podcast and just talking about his polo shirt, so I would just using you see how I tied it back in the shirts and the mic and there you go.
Speaker 4: You know, I think that makes y'all incredible, man, because you're super talented at like I'm trying to think like when you started were you're writing sketches, because now I feel like what y'all do is like almost it's almost an impossible test.
Speaker 2: Like y'all just do imprompt to comments that we never write. It's like, yo, like.
Speaker 4: Y'all, whatever's happening in the moment, like with you and LOS and DC when y'all get up on there, it's like these dudes are freestyling, but it's in the moment, Like, I don't how difficult is that?
Speaker 2: Man? And when you practice to learn that, and that's the crazy part for us. It's not difficult. That's with the magic of it. Like we've never said all right, this is we're gonna do bro Like sometimes we don't even see each other till we right behind the curtain for real, because we're all coming from different places. So it's just a you know, it's kind of like when you get the recipe right, and when you get that recipe right, it's going to hit every time. And for us, it's a natural synergy, like we kind of speak without speaking. I can look at Loos and know Los can look at Fly and no Fly can look at me and no without us having to say anything. So for us to be able to explain it, it's kind of difficult because it's really never been done before in that capacity. Like I don't know why, but you've never really seen three guys who could go and do their own or three stars caught up whatever you want to call it, be on stage at the same time and share that moment and be able to make it work. So there was really no blueprint for that for real for us, so we kind of created it. So it's really nothing for us to practice because we're doing our shit, Like and if we was to get up there and try to do you know, somebody else's then that might require some rehearsal because it's not natural. But what we do is so natural that we don't have to really speak about anything. We get up and we go. You know what I'm saying, if you watch them clips and it's still be amazing to us when we watch them back, because I'll say something like it was a clip we just put out from the Savannah show a couple of weeks ago, and Los has said something and I say, yeah, that shit sounded like make you happy, like a Disney song. And then Los immediately started singing a Disney song and we went into a Disney routine about getting our dig suck, which respectfully with respectfully, I ain't never had a disrespectful dick suck, but I don't know if I would turn one down either the side. No, this is not that type of podcast, but anyway, you know what I mean, I don't want, like I said, I do not want to mess up, and I'm not trying to be the person to come up here and switch your routine around, you know that type of stuff, Like you can't think of that, Like nobody would sit around and be like, hey, bro, let's make up a Disney song about getting our digs up and if you do, if you do, like it's just something that you laugh at in the moment, like that's crazy, but you're not gonna do it. We were able to do it by just talking, you know what I mean. So it's just a it's a level of synergy and magic that happens that really none of us can't explain or even care to explain. We just blessed that God chose us to be the guys that present that to the world.
Speaker 3: It's like, it's kind of like kissing styles, Like I heard them like when they go back and forth and neither one of them write rhyms, they said, and so they was like when they get in the studio, they just know each other. So well, yeah, it's not like they say like because they know they do like two bars and then they'll do two bars. So you would think that it's like all right, I'm gonna say this and then you're gonna say that.
Speaker 5: And they was like, you're just like kissing styles. Have you with a missing chat?
Speaker 2: Like yeah, it's just like I mean, yeah, kiss and styles, have you with a missing child? You know what I mean? Bez and Grizzly Groul. It's just that that type of shit, like that's some ship we'll do, you know what I mean, Like we do that type of and it's just it's natural, Like we have never said, all right, bro on the this show. We're gonna do this now. We all have things that are interesting and entertaining to us individually that we all present, you know what I mean, Like I love the culture, different places and music and and fly just is wild and just know all the wild shit and loss. Just the nigga that just has all of the information like a wealth bank of just shit that you wouldn't think that the nigga would ever have experienced that he can just call to and know it like it just happened yesterday. You know, all of those things and things that we're all great at and we all keep those elements involved when we're doing the show. But it's never something that's practiced or rehearsed. It's just we get up there and we do what we do. So let's go back to North Carolina, right small place.
Speaker 4: I mean, like you said, it's tough to find a talent who discovers the talent like who gives you that big break.
Speaker 2: So it's like, now I'm out of here with this comedian. You know what's crazy. Young lady who I went to college with named Dolly Bishop. She worked for Nick Cannon. She was like his assistant at a time, and we were cool in school and she was working with him and Nick started, you know, he was doing the radio show up in New York and he was doing fresh Faces of comedy, like when he was just doing a comedy night in Gotham in New York and he was just presenting new comedians with her having that relationship and knowing what we were doing. She's from North Carolina and you know, went to Winston Salem State with us and knowing that we were down there, you know, creating what we were creating, and she was like, it would be dope if you guys was to come up and do the show. And I went up in the end of twenty ten and did the show. And that was my first time meeting Nick. And when I got to the comedy club, and this is Gotham, this is one of the big comedy clubs. This is like one of the New York you know what I mean, It's the mecca so when I went to the guy who owned the club, was like, yeah, I don't know who you are, so you can't curse, can't say the N word, can't talk about sex and all this, And I'm at that point, that's all I was talking about. So me being the person that I am, like, I've never really written jokes down. I'll just walk around and talk to myself and get it together. So I was outside walking around talking to myself and Nick pulled up and seen me outside walking and talking to myself. To mind you, we in New York, so that's normal every day New York, so you know everybody, yeah, walk past you. Just so I'm out there just walking in circles talking to myself and he pulls up and sees it. And I didn't even know that he saw me. But when I went on stage, I did my set about that day, Like I had to ride the bus from LaGuardia to my hotel and I had to get on the bus like the city bus, you know what I mean. And I got on the bus in Queens and the first thing I said on stage was like, man, y'all need to start changing the names of shit around here. Because I got on the bus and queens and the Queen is the last thing I saw on that, but it was, and it just I didn't Occupy Wall Street was going on, and I told a joke about Occupy Wall Street. I was like, I can't go down there. I'll be wasting the people's time because they down there worrying about the way that Wall Street is, you know, robbing and pillaging and taking away from the American people. I'm down there with a sign that says we should be able to get changed out of ATM machines. You know what I'm saying, Like you don't always need twenty dollars. Sometimes you just need a dollar eighty seven cent, Like I shouldn't have to risk on you thirty bucks when I only need a dollar eighty seven. So I'm doing all of that on stage, and when you know, I ended up killing And when I came off stage, Nick stopped me and was like, Yo, bro, did you just was you just outside making all that shit up? I was like yeah. He was like, man, I'm around some of the best in the game. They can't do what you just did. Keep working. So that was my first introduction to the shot. Fast forward a couple of years later, I see a tweet that Nick says, I'm looking for new talent. I'm bringing wild'n out back. So I immediately hit Dolly like yo, this is real and she was like yeah. I said, well just let me know whatever that is I need to do, you know what I mean? And Nick had a syndication, I believe, at a radio station in North Carolina and Charlotte. So he decided to do an audition to promote the radio show. And you know, in conjunction with you know, him being having family ties in North Carolina, he decided to do one in Charlotte. So me and my got beat at, got my Saturn View and drove Yah. Yeah, my Saturn they don't but they they they motherfuckers from another planet. That got it. That got me the where I go. So, uh we drove my Saturn View to the audition. I did the audition and Nick remember me. He was like, yeah, I remember you, man, I remember you, the cat from Gotham. Man. You know what I'm saying. You did your thing. And I went in and did the audition and killed the audition, and uh, that's really where it started right there. So it came from me being in North Carolina and having relationships with somebody who also was from North Carolina who came up to New York and started to establish her own you know, legacy and everything, and it just kind of fell into place, you know, that that organic thing that the universe does when when you make the right decisions and follow the dreams that you're supposed to follow.
Speaker 3: So that's where eighty five South comes from. Obviously you guys are all.
Speaker 2: On well no, no, no, no, no, no, well, yeah, the eighty five South comes from all of us being Yeah, it was just a brainchild of Lows like Los always, you know, because he's our elder in regards to comedy. He's been doing it longer than me and Fly, and he just has an understanding of the game, you know what I mean, because he didn't been in the trenches with it, and he comes from Atlanta, where, like I said, there was already infrastructure set up, so he knew certain elements of the game and knew that, ay man, we gotta we gotta you know, something gotta share, we gotta do something that's ours, we gotta do something for us. So it was always something that he was talking about doing, and we have conversation. That's something that we do all the time. We just build and build because conversation is is so important and that's something that a lot of us as black men take for granted, like that you to be illegal for a group of niggas to stand around and talk to each other, that you can't do that and share information. So we take pride in that. So we always building and talking about the things that we can and will do. Even within us starting to make history within the space of out, wild'n Out, we still were like, you know, what else can we do? So once it kicked off, it was just really loose knowing that with him having the foresight to know that, man, we got something different. So we got to figure out a platform that we can be who we want to be all the time. Because we can be who we want to be on wilding Out, But there's still a you know, terms and conditions that have to be followed in and a structure that has to be followed that was created before you, and out of respect for the culture and everything that goes along with it, you got to follow that. You can break out of it here and there, and those moments, you know, create historic moments. But at the end of the day, it's still a functional structure that you have to follow. With us, we wanted to be able to do whatever we wanted to do whenever we wanted to do it, however we wanted to do it, And that's really where it came from. If it came from us being on Wilding Out and then realizing that this is a springboard. It's giving us a light, it's putting a light on us. So now people are looking at us. So what can we give people now that the light is on us? So I think was just we give them everything. There's a lot of cast members from Wilding Out. What was it about y'all three that made y'all click up and say we can do this together? Not to say that the other other cast members couldn't have, but there's something special about the three of y'all. What wasn't that excluded the others out? Well, I wouldn't even say it was exclusion. Really, me and Los met before, way before wild'n Out, Like we met at a college show at Winster Selton State while I went to school. We were doing the FFCS and he came down with Zuman Miller and did a set and we met there. And then when we ended up doing an audition in New York for wild'n Out, I didn't know anybody, you know what I mean, It was a bunch of people there. But then he walked in and we saw each other, and then from that moment we didn't been clicked up, you know what I'm saying. And then Fly came in a couple of years later, but Fly just was like us, you know what I'm saying, Like we have a certain type of energy and a certain way we conduct ourselves that he just was built for, you know what I'm saying. Like, So when it got started, it got started in Atlanta, would originally you know, Flying Lows Bend as though they was located in Atlanta, and then me just being tied into what we already was doing. It was like I was calling in on the phone while I'm doing my FFCS shows, and in North Carolina, I'm calling it on the phone while they recording mad because they won't let me know what the studio is, you know what I mean, Like those type of things we were doing just to get the you know, just using all of that energy that we had that we were in the process of creating to build this up, you know what I mean, no matter where how we can do it, whatever we needed to do, we were going to do. So it really wasn't even an exclusion of anybody else. It was just that we all ready were clicked up. We already were you know, had a brother relationship, and then when it started to and we're all fans of each other. That's another big thing, you know, not that we're not fans of the other cast members on wild'n Out, because we definitely are, but we're all genuinely fans of each other. And in the eighty five South show is just a reflection of the ship that we would do anyway. We would be doing and talking these conversations and tripping and having fun when it's just us. So why not, you know, turn some cameras on and let the world see it, you know what I mean. So that's pretty much where it came from. It was just, you know, like I said, this a natural synergy and we always at this point we genuinely love each other like we brothers, so's it makes it easy. One of the things that I've learned about the comedy game is like a lot of niggas don't fuck with each other. You know, they don't have real relationships because comedy, like I said, it's an individual sport. It's like everybody want to be the guy, want to be the star. So it's very seldom that you That's probably why you've never seen our format done before, because it's like everybody wants to be somebody got to be the guy, you know what I mean. And for us, it was just that of understanding, Like, bro, I don't all of us had a perspective that we know what this do. But I know I think about it like I don't care what you have. It doesn't matter what you have. There is nobody on the planet that has for me. What's for me is for me. And if I can get with for me while you get with for you at the same time, then brother, that's dope. We're good, you know what I mean. So that's always been our perspective. We don't care nothing about the way things supposed to go. We're gonna do what we want to do. That was the point of starting this shit in the first place, for us to be able to do whatever we wanted to do.
Speaker 3: And I think you bring up a valid point as far as I think there's an African proverb it's like you can run fast loan, but you can run far with a pack of course. So it's like and I don't think especially Black people, we still struggle with that as far as like understanding the power in working together. And it's like, you know, for you guys to actually do that, it's dope because it's like you said, you could have started your own thing, yeah, and had you do this and low stud that and DC just do that. Y'all still have your individual brands, but it's like together like the vult.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's three headed monster man, you know what I mean. And it's just you understand that. You know, like I said, we build just on in general, and we understand the transfer of information amongst black men. It's something that has been strategically kept away from us. Like information is the biggest weapon that's been used against our people. In my opinion, it's the information that we've been denied and that has been you know, kept away from us to where we don't even have the mind state and a lot of as a whole to even know where to go to get it. That's why y'all are so dope because this is not something that is being taught in the homes in schools. So where do we go to get this information? And it's the same way what we do. Like what we do is showing that man, it don't matter where you're from, what your background is, what street you from, what city you from, what your background is, you can build with your brothers, you know what I mean, And you can build a legacy while doing it. You can do something great. Don't be afraid to know rock with somebody and mind you, there's certain you know, protocols that need to be taken. You got to have a certain character and moral and principle. But that's just in life. So if you see somebody and they possess the morals and principles and characteristics that you respect and vice versa, then it's no need for y'all to ever feel like you can't coexist and build something together, because that's what we've been lacking. You know what I mean. You just seen the video that for Real and jay Z put out and yeah, and just seeing all of the camaraderie. But in my mind, what linked all of that up is that all of these people that are black somehow came together. You know what I mean to make whatever happen happen. And then now you see it in the video, like you see how it all ties back in. But somebody gotta be unafraid to rock with their brother. Now. Mind you, it's a bunch of hard stories, and there always will be. That's never gonna stop. It's always gonna be. For every one success, you're gonna have three hundred. Man, that nigga took all my goddamn money. Man, you know what I mean. I thought Mike was cool, man, I thought I could trust him. Then he came in with a regular size call, and then I knew shit was fucked up. So it's always those stories that come. But you it's all in Life is about perspective and perception. So it's all in how you view it. If you choose to focus on the messed up stuff, that's what you're going to project into your world. If you choose to focus on the winning and set your mind and negate all of the you know, blott of that comes into your mind, and you'll be able to make some cool stuff happen.
Speaker 3: So when you guys were setting up eighty five South, because I want to cause a lot of times like entertain this, they get taken advantage of financially right, because it's like even with.
Speaker 5: Like I referenced the story a lot of Fat Joe.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you know that story, but like he went to jail for tax evasion, and the reason why he went to jail is because his accountant was paying his bills for him and he never realized that he wasn't paying his bills and he was actually like stealing money from him. By the time he actually realized it was too late, it was too late. He get paid taxes in two years. And you hear a lot of stories like Kevin Garnett sueing his financial advisors. So it's like, you know, a lot of times sports entertainment, we just taught to just perform and not deal with the business.
Speaker 5: So like, how did you guys coming together?
Speaker 3: Is one thing to come together as collective for your talent, but not only are you doing that, but you built a business brand as well, So like what was the did you guys do that together or you had like outside help to be like all right, this is what we need now.
Speaker 2: It's really it really was just a you know, a conglomerate of minds that all had the same goal as you know, Man, we can make this work, you know, Chad, Cat, Joe, all of us, you know. But one thing I'll say is Chad is is very meticulous, like with everything, you know what I'm saying, and he has a you know, a very very short patience for anything that isn't right in his mind. And you need that. You need that because if somebody is dedicated to a goal, and we all supposed to be dedicated to that goal, I should be able to send you into the room and everything that's in my mind out here is being transferred in there. And Chad, you know, he does that. So that kept us away from a lot of the mind you we've been through some financial goals in regards to dealing with people who didn't have that mind state, but we always knew that the common goal was the common goal and keeping that and going through those ups and downs and learning dealing with different promoters and not getting paid and trying to figure out how to split the disc that way and all of those different things. Uh, you know, can be problems problematic if you're not if you don't have transparency. Transparency is key, you know, everybody not gonna have the answers all the time, but I should be able to look you in your face and say I don't know, and let's figure it out. But if I'm trying to trick you into believing I got all the answers, that's what shit gets messed.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 2: Erness What's Up?
Speaker 4: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 7: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday? How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your elevant candidates so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: Stuck, you know, that's what you get lost in translation because I'm believing, like you said, I'm believing you paying my bills. I'm believing I'm straight, when in reality, you don't even know what you're doing or you're robbing me. So that transparency is key and it gives. And that's something that I say is very key with us, is transparency, good, bad, or indifferent. We're going discussing it and chop it up and we're gonna make it work. So I think that saved us from a lot of people being able to take advantage of us because and another thing is, we're not looking to fulfill your dreams. Were looking to fulfill lives. So you can't come in and tell us what you got for us if it don't match what we want for us. And that's so important because a lot of people don't have what they want mapped out, you know what I'm saying, or what the bottom line is mapped out, so they'll go in and get sold to somebody else's dream, this big dream of how things are supposed to be and this and that and all these different, you know, glamorous lies that they tell you, when in reality, if you got your own goal in mind, you should be able to walk into a room and say, this is what we have, what do you have? And how can we merge this together and make it bigger? If not, we'll just keep doing what we're doing over here, because we already got it in order, and we don't need you to come in and add your flavor because the kool aid already got enough sugar water and everything. Over here. We're not trying to get the kool Aid flavor able to taste different. We're just trying to get it shipped to some places that we might not have been able to get to because we don't have the infrastructure of connections that you have. But as far as us, that transparency is so key that we know we got the recipe. At the end of the day, the recipe is the recipe. We built that up. So anybody who doesn't fall in line with that, you know what I mean, God bless you. But we're gonna keep working the way we're working and then whatever comes of that will we'll be able to stand on it and be cool with it. So how's that work. Are y'all still involved with wowing Out?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Well, nobody's involved, Nigga, you don't watch the news because I was thinking.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking in terms of like prior to all this, like are they trying to get anything like out of the conversation, Like y'all are in the same area, So like y'all branch off in your own independent thing.
Speaker 2: It was still going when Well originally started this. Yeah we did. We did Wilding Out eighty five. We did an eighty five episode. Oh yeah, yeah, we were able to do both. You know, one thing I you know, of the many things that I say about Nick is that you know, he ain't in your pockets. He not one of them people that you know. It wasn't no three to sixty deal. It wasn't like a situation where I right now, what y'all got going on? I need some of that. Don't nobody know you if it wasn't for me, you know what I'm saying, Like, it's not, it's not you know, he don't. He didn't run his situation like dollar Bill ran the Players Club, Like it wasn't that. So we were able to do everything that we were able to do while Wilder and I was still running, and we were going to continue to be able to do it if it was still running.
Speaker 3: That solid he feel about because like we see the music business and it's like before the nineties, you had to sign to a major record label to get on right, But now you got artists that's getting hot on TikTok and getting hot on YouTube, and the climate is changing. So for for like up and coming comedians, is it just because it's like before I guess you had to go through like Saturn Nite Live or Death Comedy Jam or it's like I feel like you had to be on television, but now you got YouTube, but y'all be in like a million use on average on your YouTube. And it's like comedians is getting hot on Instagram. There's a bunch of Instagram comedians shiggy.
Speaker 2: And yeah of course and respect all them guys. Like it's just a difference, you know, it's it's progression, you know what I mean. The world is going to continue to turn whether you're on it or not, and change comes with that. Like I think I was in the last I started in O eight, so I think I was in that last generation of comedians who started on stage. All the comedians now start on their phone. But that's just the way it works. It's no different than when you was able to walk through the airport without going through getting button neckerd damn near to get on a plane. That existed at a point, but then something happened and it wasn't like that no more. So. It's the same way the Internet came and it changed the format of how entertainment is consumed. The average attention span is between fifteen and sixty seconds now, where before it was thirty minutes. We grew up in increments of thirty minutes, Like you would sit down for thirty minutes and watch Martin and commercials and you know what I mean, Like it just the way. It's all in how you consume information. And eventually this will be outdated and it'll be something else. So it's just the transition. Now. The hard part is when you come from a certain time and then you have to transition with the change. That can become difficult for a lot of people because a lot of guys, a lot of the older guys don't have any respect for the Instagram comedians because they started on their phone. Like getting hot on your phone is easy. Like if it's easy, you should be able to do it because it's clear you funny, you've been doing stand up killing on stages for twenty years. Why can't you do the same thing on here? Because it's the grind is the grind. You can't cheat the game. You're gonna have to figure it out now, mind you. There's you know, intricacies in regards to comedy, because stand up comedy is an everlasting art form. It's never gonna go anywhere. People are always gonna want to see. It's one of the oldest you know, the court just and all of that, and the you know, village, idiot, whatever you want to call it. It's always been there. Just like music, It's one of those things that will always be around. So somebody's gonna figure out a way to get it out there so it can be consumed. And if you can figure out a way to do that within the structure of how it works at that time, then you're good. So at that time when it was Saturday Light Live and Death Comedy Jam, that was the grind, the grind was going and doing a hundred dates until Somebody See You and all of that now is getting a million views on the video, getting the shade room to post, you getting the you know a world star whatever. I mean, not for getting knocked out, but you know, just just any platform that did. Because I don't just want to say that and be like Nigga, all I gotta do is you know a world star, bro, I'm gonna make it. I'm gonna go knock somebody out today. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying any platform that has, you know, became large within the structure of the way information and content is consumed now with the fifteen to sixty second model, if you can get on and put on through there, or get somebody who's popping on here to post you or show you some love. That's just as difficult as it was to to get on, but it just happens a lot faster, you know what I mean. It's just as difficult to make it happen, but once it happens. Now, you know, if you got on Death Comedy Jam, you had to wait for the shit to get filmed. Then you had to just like when Wilder'nout came on. We shot the first season of wild'n Out in January. It didn't come on till July, so that whole time we didn't did all this promo saying we're gonna be on TV, and then people are like, nig you sure you gonna tell you not to trust that. We don't know, So we didn't know until it came on, so that that gratification took a long time. And that's the old model, you know what I mean. You get on TV and then it ain't came on until it came on. Until you see it on the TV, it ain't edge yet. So there's still a chance that until you see it come on that screen, that it won't happen With this is instant. Oh man, such and such as posted my video. There's no way you can deny that it's right there. So it's just that when it happens, it goes a lot faster, but it's still just as difficult to get going as it was back then.
Speaker 4: So in the time, like y'all were killing it right, y'all were going on your tours throughout the country, and then COVID happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how did y'all pivot during this time? I mean, that's what I'm saying. We've been blessed to build the platform to where we, you know, can do what we want to do, so we can still feed our audience the way that we feed our audience. We just can't go touch the people, now, you know what I'm saying. That's the only difference. Now mind you did that hurt? Oh my god, Oh my god, I'm talking about I mean, listen, if you think the neck on his T shirt is loose, our jaws was like, hall my god, because we had what you liked and fifty dates, just eighty five dates all sold out, just fifty dates, Like you know what I mean that we already had not including our own individual stand up dates like I went. I did my last live show March eighth in Nashville and they had just had a tornado come. So I did you know a bunch of giveback for the people in Nashville because they, you know, a lot of us were affected by that tornado. I flew to La. I was supposed to have a couple of meetings. Both the meetings got canceled because stuff was shutting down. This when they was acting like LA was like ground zero when it first kicked off. So I catch a red eye from LA back to Charlotte. By the time I landed from LA to Charlotte, all my shows was canceled or postponed through August. This is March, so just like that, And that comes from you know, I think that that is another blessing, just of having some sort of financial literacy and understanding. Like me, I'm so good with opinions and not caring about what people think about me. I lived in my college apartment for four seasons of me being on TV and didn't cares drove the sad of view until it just was like, br come on, but I'm done. It's old with I had three hundred thousand miles on that car when I traded it in three hundred. Well, yeah, if that's what you want to call it, like that, that's what you want to call it. Honestly, when I tell you that story, like when when I when I went to trade it in, I ended up getting a Cadillac. That was the first car got after I. After I traded it in and I went to trade it in and dude went in, you know, they sold me my car, came back out and was like, hey, man, you can't find nobody you can bless with this. Man, all I'm gonna be able to give you is five for it. I'm like five hundred. He was like, Nah, a five, bro, that's all I was able to give you for it. It was like that. But that's the thing, like I was cool with that. I was cool with that. I was just like, you know what, it's whatever you want to do, whatever you can get me for it, give it to me, even if it's just pay for my tag. That's what my sad review did pay for my tags on my Cadillac. But it got me to a point where and by the time I got the Cadillac, I could a guy in it three Because that's just my financial model that just comes from where I come from the way I was taught. Don't buy nothing unless you can buy it three times. If you can't buy it three times in full cash, you can't afford it. That's just the way I was taught. So I stayed in my college department, paying five hundred dollars a month and just save money and didn't care that people were like, how you on TV? Still living here? I'm like, how you living here? In my business? Care what you think? You know what I mean? And I didn't move until it got to a point where it was just like my fame reached the level to where I can't be over here. It became a liability, you know what I mean. It was an asset. At first, it was an asset. Being able to write it was an ass Yeah. Yeah, it was an asset at first when I was still building it up. But then when it started to you know, I started to get that recognition. And I'm coming in from off a road trip two three o'clock in the morning and the niggas is coming out of the house. I told you live around here, keep my money. It's like, all right, it's time to move now. And I didn't until then. So just having that model, that personal business model that I always had has saved me during this time, because if I didn't have that mentality and I was, you know, just one of them guys that had to meet the expectation, keep up with the Joneses, as they say, meet the expectations of societal norms for somebody who's made it, then I would be sick right now because that means I have been trying to impress people who don't really care about what I got going on. And because I had the opposite of that. Now, even though all of this money that we've lost or that was left on the table, because you can't lose what you never had, but the money that was left on the table, it's like we can really get motivated by that, Like bruh, we had the potential to do this, then that means we got the potential to do triple this, you know what I mean. And that's what COVID really has taught us. It's like we got the potential to really go even further than what it is that we would and in fifty like now we realize we could have had one hundred dates. You know what I'm saying we could have had a hundred. So it's like it opened my eyes to you know, cause it's a lot of people who are not gonna come out of this. This is the shift. Twenty twenty is the shift. The shift is happening. If you're confused about it, don't be. The shift is happening. The things that were normal and that were on top and that was cool before, it's not going to be that way after this is all over. Because you can just see the way the world works, how things that we never thought could be taken away were stripped this year, like stuff that you I mean, the NBA got canceled for a minute, and school that they got furloughed from school, like I didn't even think that was possible, Like things if somebody would have showed you a list of happenings in twenty twenty in December of twenty nineteen, you the thought, man, get your fuck out of here, and they get out of here. What you're smoking? You know what I mean, that's impossible. It's not possible. So the fact that all of those things have happened this year shows you that you're not in control of the stuff that you try to control. You're only in control of what you can control. And when you realize that, you get to the point of no matter what we lost, we wasn't that wasn't that didn't define who we were. That was just a process of what we were. This was a result of us being who we are. So therefore we got just as much now even though the world has shifted, we have just as much power to move with the shift as anything else, just like the world wonna move with the shifts. That's the reason why my head is like this, like why I got corn rolls now, because it's just idea, it's just it just it just is its representative of I'm not restrict to what your image of me is. I'm not I'll never be restricted to what anybody's image of me is because when I look in the mirror, I love what I see, no matter what fact. And that's what is going on in twenty twenty now, Like we've all been restricted to the things that were stripped of us this year. Everybody, like to the point where.
Speaker 8: You're like, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna do this, and you mean I can't do this, and I gotta wear a mask and this that and the third and it's sickening to people because you've been restricted to thinking that those things were yours.
Speaker 2: But nothing is yours, but what's yours? And it's just a representation. This shit is mine. It's wherever it don't grow cool, but where it do is mine. So I'm just gonna show you that it's possible to do whatever you want to do no matter what's going on. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You bring up a good point, especially for entertainers. It's like I think Rowdy Rich has said Snoop meek Mill Tolton once like save your money and your money will save you. And it's like a lot of times you make money as it entertained, and it's like you think it's it's never going to stop until it stops, and then it's like now you know what I'm saying. It's like, oh, and another thing is that you guys already had different avenues, so it's like you're not just relying on one thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I mean, Well, we're not gonna talk about how many avenues that.
Speaker 3: At the same point, it's not like if you was only doing live shows, you'd.
Speaker 2: Be yeah, no, right, yeah, we was only doing anything, we be screwed. But you know, and I may not even gonna say we be screwed, because all of us are. You know, we talk about these things. We had these conversations, and you know, I speak about Chad a lot, you know when we talk about the business aspect of it. Chad is Chad like and that's one of the main things that I respect about him. Like he's going to be the same dude all the time. And there's a twenty twenty teaches you the importance of having that characteristic because what you allow to change your you know, natural being and who you are determines who you are because the things that can come in and affect you like you know being Like you know what I'm saying, I've been picking on Mike the whole time, and I can see him adjusting his collar, but you keep putting it over your mouth, Slim, That's what's causing it to be stretched out. But you know what, who cares As long as he cool with the fact that he got a V neck, regular neck, that's all that matters. You know what I'm saying, Yeah, you know what I mean. Like I'm teasing, but the reality is I'm using that as an analogy, just to show you how simplistic it can be. Anything that you allow to change your perspective on who you are as a person will damage everything else that you have going on. So all of us, one thing I would say about all of us is involved in our family is we're all who we are one hundred percent. Ain't nobody pretending to be anything that they're not. And I think that's going to push us way further than any amount of shows or anything, because the consistency and the realism that you see and you feel you can't fake that, and that you know can't. You can't put a price on it. There is no value to that because you see so little of it. And especially in this industry, people all do and say whatever it takes to be wherever they feel like it's going down at. And you know, when you get to a point where you're sending somebody into a room to negotiate for you or negotiate on your behalf, and you know, I ain't not gonna be able to convince Chad to do shit. This nigga don't even like to smile all the way like he gotta have smile. So yeah, like I was saying, we're gonna we were really thinking about doing it this way. I heard what you said, but okay, like I was saying, though, like that's you can't buy that, you know what I mean? So I think that's what what what keeps us from being, you know, in a situation like a lot of people that you see and a lot of entertainers are now like, you know, what what am I gonna do? Because a lot of people have been living check to check. You gonna live check to check no matter how big the check is, matter how much you may live check to check, no matter how big the check is. So you know, we just have a different perspective all the way around. Like our business model is completely different. That's why you see us affect the world the way that we have because all the way from the performance aspect to the you know, the boardroom aspect, it's all completely unique to us.
Speaker 4: So I mean, obviously you've created a legacy and you're doing that now I'm wondering your family, like your children now they watched it saying I want to be like that or are you teaching them lessons?
Speaker 2: And what lessons are you teaching them about financially well? First of all, I have a child. Man, your children know how many kids? I don't even know how many? Nah my daughter. I have a daughter that's twelve years old. And that's a if I can say anything, that has been the biggest blessing of COVID hitting is the fact that I've been able to spend time with my daughter that I would have never had under the old guard. And even if it goes back to when it goes back to whatever it goes to, that time is more valuable than anything that I could have gave her monetary, you know what I'm saying. And she understands what I do. Like the first five years of her life, I was present, you know. I was in North Carolina, she was there, you know what I mean, back and forth to DC. I was able to be there for those formative years. And then she got six on up to this year, I didn't been just and I stop in, you know what I mean, make sure everything good, everybody good, everybody ate, ain't nobody feet dirty? All right? We good? You know? And then I would always take her and her friends on a trip for a birthday. You know, we would go some we've been at you know, Miami and you know, Disneyland last year, just to show them, like, because I know the way that they understand the world. It's like, this is why I'm gone so much. I know it doesn't make up for the time, but I still want you to understand that me being able to do this is a result of me being on the road and doing all of this all that, and not only do I want you to be able to benefit from it, I want your friends and you and your close family to be able to benefit from it too, because as y'all grow, I want you to understand the importance of being able to share in success and share in things that you know. You don't have to feel like, oh it's something good, mind, you know what I mean. I want you to have the responsibility of knowing that because you are my child, and because I have the perspective that I have, it's gonna garner you a different responsibility. So I want you to start learning that responsibility as early as possible. So that's why I make sure I take her friends with her so she can know like, it's not just it's about you. But it's not just about you, because as you grow older, you're going to have a greater responsibility than a lot of people around you because they haven't been as blessed as you are. Because I was one of those people that at a certain point in time and I had to create the blueprint, and luckily for you, I'm creating one that you can follow. But your friends might not have anybody around them that can do that for them. So they can follow yours because they've been around it the whole time and they know it's real.
Speaker 5: So let me ask you this for you rap.
Speaker 3: So obviously, you know, Nick Cannon provide a lot of opportunities for most tellings, and people don't really I don't think they fully appreciate that. Like he really took a lot of people from not people didn't know who they were, and they were superstars after they left the show.
Speaker 5: So obviously, you know the situation that he's in right now.
Speaker 3: What's your opinion on that as far as like just not really like too much like on a personal but just like, how do you feel about like him not having that show? Like it's like to me, it's his show, but it's really not his show obviously now like we learned that as his show. I mean as far as like the legal yeah, fuck, all that, So like how you feel?
Speaker 2: How I mean, you know what, Man, It's like at a certain point, I realize that there's not too much praise that come with being genius in your moves while you're still here on the planet. Usually, you know, when you die, motherfuckers be like, oh man, he was so great and he did all of these great things. But when you're here, it doesn't really resonate with people because they become accustomed, you know, and used to it. And one of the things that the main thing that I take from all of this happening is as much ship as people have talked about Nick over the years, when you see how much power he has in creating the stars that he's created and creating a platform that he created, Like, how do we not understand that it's just as important for all of us to carry that same mind state, you know what I mean? Like it sucks, Like if I would did I did? I wanted that to be the way that it was going to end. No, I wanted us to go out in Vegas.
Speaker 5: Way.
Speaker 2: I wanted that to be if I had to pick. But at the end of the day, I'm just glad that he had the vision to be able to put us in position to do what we did. And as far as the whole fallout goes, like, we haven't been addressed at all. So until we're addressed, and that not by Nick, like that's different, we you know what I mean, Like he did everything that he was supposed to do. That was a family environment. So many black people employed by this show. It's so many people that came from that show, so many opportunities that were created from that show. We haven't been addressed at all. So as as a cast, none of that, we haven't been addressed at all. So I don't even feel comfortable giving an opinion until we're addressed in some way because obviously my opinion doesn't count that much because if it did, then we would have been addressed publicly in some way, shape or form canceled. And I don't know nothing was said. I just know the shit don't come on no more. That's all I know. When I turn on TV on the days that it's supposed to come on, it's not. And that's all I know.
Speaker 4: That's crazy because like there was I mean for months, especially during COVID, that's the only thing that was.
Speaker 2: That's the only thing. A lot of people watch and you know what I mean, Yeah right, and you know who knows, but you know what I mean, it's kind of like, you know, for the cast for us, you know what I mean, on the on the corporate side of the game, Like you know, it is what it is, you know what I mean. It's kind of like if the best way that I can explain it is kind of like the way that that the Powers that Be presented it. It was like Nick and Viacoma getting the divorce, and it's kind of like the cast as the kids they got to stay out of grown folk business and at that and at this point, I'm staying out of grown folk business, you know what I mean. And I'm gonna leave it at that because I know how much that space not only means to us, but it means to us. When I say us, I mean us, that's our in Living Color. I was just thinking that, you know what I mean, that's our generations in Living Car, that's our generator. That's a black show that was you know what I mean, employee, black people had a black show runner, black executive producers, black people who I mean all the way down to the people who drove the vans from the hotel to set every day. A lot of these people went on to start their own media companies and all of that, Like this is a this is a structural platform that worked for us. So until us is addressed, then I don't know what the hell is going on. I just know I lost my job while I wasn't working it. I got fired on my day off, not even on my day off. The COVID cut everybody off. And then it's just like we just was like, oh, it's over over, over over over okay, like ever ever it was over over, So it's you know what I mean. I just you know, I'm just thankful. I'm thankful for the opportunities that Nick has provided for us, all of us are. And you know, as far as him personally, man Nick a big boy man, he'll be all right, you know what I mean. That's what I know. I hadn't seen that dude do all types of magical stuff. He'll be straight. But as far as but wild'n out is and all of us, you know what I mean, Like, I think that there should be more of an appreciation for what that space has brought to us as a people, you know what I mean? Regardless of whether or not how you feel about what happened, you know what I mean? And obviously Nick has apologized for what he said, so you know what I mean, it's nothing more to discussing that regard. He's doing what he's supposed to do directify that situation. But there's a whole group of people who are affected by this who haven't even been said hey, man, appreciate y'all or anything. And that doesn't just go for our generation. I'm talking about from the guys that were superstars that came from the show before we got on it. None of that has been addressed. So I mean until then, you know, don't I don't know how they feel about us.
Speaker 3: That's dope, man. One last question, so how'd you get in stocks? Because I know you talked the other day and you said you would invest in your brotherhood and all that, Like who turned you onto that?
Speaker 2: Another conversation the me and Loe's talking, like you know what I mean, He was like, man, you you fuck with the Stocks? I'm like, nah, you know what I mean? He was like, yeah, I'm just getting on it too. But you know, it's just a app called Robinhood that you know, you should you should get with, and you know what I mean, we got to talking just about different things, uh, you know, different stocks that we bought and different things that we use on a daily day basis. And that's how it started. Really didn't have any real information on like you know, the depth and wealth of information that you guys have, But it was just, you know, I go to the you know, it's it's a Shell gas station by my house that I get all my gas from. So I bought Shell, Nike or some Nike because I'm you know, all that stuff that I used, Apple, Netflix and Disney, you know what I mean, Facebook, all of that. All of that was what I started with. And then it just, you know, I started to get a little bit more in tune with it. I'm never mind you I would be lying to you if I said that I was as in tune and interested as I am. After talking to you guys, because you know that night, I was like, man, give me ship. Did you did you take the advice that night?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He did it on the spot. We going to talk after this Friday was a great day or it was I didn't even know, Yeah that's yeah, Yeah I took the advice, and you know, and that's the thing I'm not. I'm not one of those guys that you know. The only reason why I know what I know is because I know I don't know shit. I don't know nothing. I'm willing to learn whatever. You know what I'm saying, and I'm willing to hear anybody out about whatever, even if I disagree with whatever we talk about. I'm never too big to have a conversation. That's that's a value. And what you guys are providing in regards to information, especially for black people is necessary because that's not something that I ever was taught in my life. I know how to go get some money out the street, but I don't know how to go get some money off of Wall Street, you know what I mean. And that's something that we need to be taught. So, you know, salute to you guys, man for what you guys do, because it's so much information that's that's being skipped over. We're being gipt over in a lot of ways. And now we got somebody that's of our culture and of our background that takes value and teaching us this information. And even though I got started by just having that conversation that we had, this is no different than that, you know what I mean, That's all it is. I'm big on that. Man. We gotta we gotta as black people, we gotta start knowing that man, we not I'm not just not the enemy. And it's gonna take some time because we didn't done so much damage in the process of having a different perspective. But bro, it's we gotta communicate. It's some game out here, you know what I mean. When we was hearing of Wall Street trapper talking about how a white man in jail taught him about white collar you know what he was doing in the white collar side of the game, and he got all these millions of dollars and only got eighteen months with I got a cousin doing thirty five years for a pistol and some dope. It's like he did not have anywhere near a million dollars worth of pistols of dope. He didn't have fifteen to sixteen hundred dollars worth of pistols of dope. But he's in jail for thirty years. So it's like it's a different it's a side of the game that we can get on. Playing the wrong game, Yeah, playing the wrong game man, and salute to you brothers for teaching that the game could be played by us on the other side. Man, because that information is very necessary, and I'm very thankful that you guys wanted to rock with us and are willing to share the information that you should.
Speaker 5: Man. Once again, thank you for having us on your on your show, Man.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me on yours. Man. Mike, Yeah, Mike. Mike left because his polo horse was head man. Mike had on the whole region. He had to he had to wipe me down polo on Remember the ones from to Wipe Me Down video? He had on one of those b o old either, Like, he just left that club and he was a little frustrated that we noticed it. You said what you say, I still.
Speaker 5: Say through Oh yeah, you worked on for three days.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen, listen. Let me tell you something. I am living all my nineties fantasies all the way. So that's the difference between me and you. They don't admit that. Don't be ashamed of whether you wouldn't have left. Then if you was living, your rival was leaving. You supposed to listen. You're supposed to rode the horse. The horse was big enough for you to fit on. You should have rode the horse on your shirt to the set and you'd have been straight Mike. Salute to Mic.
Speaker 5: Man, they know what Mike looks like?
Speaker 3: Man after Dean thathed interviewing, after this interview Man.
Speaker 2: Man, Mike is Mike? Man, don't you don't worry about what Mike looked like? Mike is Mike is? Kis associated this thing? Like yeah, just know, hey, if you see anybody with a neck on their T shirt and the top part of his nipple showing it, Mike be Mike. That needs to be something y'all do.
Speaker 6: Y'all need to do a part of y'all need to do a part of the series.
Speaker 2: Just throw out random clues and be like, see make this nigga like waldough like it might be Mike.
Speaker 5: It's like.
Speaker 2: It might it might be Mike. It might not be Mike. You know what I mean? The banksy there you go, there you go. You hear me?
Speaker 4: And I love it in two days to say that I.
Speaker 2: Gonna stop playing. I'm gonna stop playing with Mike. Mike is. I don't know if they really don't know what Mike looked like, they ain't never seen many huh three of these. You ain't never been to the beauty supply store, Mike. They everywhere. Man, I'm going crazy with these. I got the vlor No, I got that. No, I got the Vloyd, I got the silk, I got the original. I'm doing all of that, man. And that's the thing. If you was to embraced big polos, you can have all the colors. Bro, you had a multi color. You don't got them all. Man, it's an outlet somewhere. It's an outlet mall somewhere. There's an outlet mall somewhere with all the big polos that you don't got. Embrace it. And we're gonna matter of fact, man, you could do a shoot. We're gonna cover your face up because they don't what you look like. It'll just be meet with Rag and you with the big polo horse. Did you say what not? Who is they? I know they don't they don't. I do, I do everything, Mike. Mike is unique. Man. Mike looked like he was supposed to have been in Charlamar, but he started eating too much like you. I don't know if you know who Charlama is. Charlamar is a group from the eighties where all the lights can do. I'm giving too much away. You can't loose neck, and they're gonna find you. They gonna find them then if they see the loser neck analys and I knew that with you, Mike.
Speaker 3: They him the same thing with him a team. So then he was like, I'm behind the scenes. He said, Yo, look like you behind the scenes to me talking. So you went back and forth with Dame. Yeah, it's the same thing. That's a a legend for that, you know.
Speaker 5: What I mean.
Speaker 2: That's all for a lot of I gotta watch that show. Is that out? Oh, I'm going to watch that, Mike. I'm going to watch that, Mike, And then I'm coming back with some notes of what you could have done better. First of all, if you didn't have on a big polo, you was losing because that is your trademark. White jeans. You wore white jeans. You're going to see Frankie Beverly after. It wasn't after Labor Day. You also, you was on your l a okay, you was on your grand theft auto Vice City, I give you. Yeah, you know you wasn't good. It was good whitey man wear your white jeans and a big polo, and we're gonna do like a boat party, like a tom joined. A cruise hosted by Mike might be Mike cruise where you gotta wear big polos and white jeans and John Clinton. Oh yeah, and then stretch the neck out on the T shirts a little bit. You look like he's been in the domestic dispute. That's you know what your neck wor your T shirt looked like after you've been in the domestic your officer. First of all, let me tell you, first of all, you can tell from the look at my neck, yo, you can tell that's you know, that's.
Speaker 6: The domestic dispute neck. Right then when she got old your ass, you're like my neck. I tried to get away.
Speaker 2: Hey, man, salute ascess over liability.
Speaker 3: You know what time of impromptu uh comedy audition. Mike just got roasted, don't Mike.
Speaker 2: Mike can't get roasted. Mic back when Mike, Mike came back with the jokes.
Speaker 4: Talking about that was that won't be on the website though that shirt.
Speaker 6: That Mike, that that's now after this episode, that's the the MIC audition, the Mike Domestic Dispute neck domestic dispute, neck the money.
Speaker 2: Oh that's dope.
Speaker 6: There you go, stretch the neck out on like forty to forty T shirts.
Speaker 2: Oh well, no, I ain't gonna he ain't there yet, Mike. We got to combine it with the white jeans before we get to the million. But and we gotta put the big polo, and that's gonna be a that's gonna be a strategic nightmare. That's gonna be a nightmare. So this will we doing assets over liability? Special edition might be Mike Edition. We're gonna sush your next out and all the money that is made is going to be given to domestic situation. And that's that's really a good IDEA hashtag might be my hashtag might be Mike. Might like that. It might be might be it might be Mike. I really like that. I really like that. Trade my man. That's right. It's cool, y'all. And gave me some stock information. I give you that. Yeah, we're trading this.
Speaker 5: Just you know.
Speaker 3: We we got a bottle system going on a whole lot of games. How can people contact, well reach you on social media? Like, what's your social media handles.
Speaker 2: At Chicago Bean on Instagram? Uh, that's Facebook is Anthony Bean at Chicago Bean. I don't really get on Snapchat because kids Twitter Twitter at Chicago Bean and you know TikTok, i'm ye show and Edy five can't do all that all day, Eddy five South Show. You know what I'm keeping staying tuned with us. Make sure you stay tuned. Then, we got a lot of dope stuff coming eighty Vibe season two coming up real soon. We got a lot of stuff in the can, a lot of stuff in the works, man, a lot of big stuff we're working on. Man. So we just want to say thank you to all the supporters and all the people who might not be supporters, who are supporters of these good brothers. Make sure you know we do all of that. They didn't came and did our show. We came and did this and it's going to continue to go like that because we both feel like we're giving our information that's necessity. That's a necessity rather to all the good people who are watching. So, man, thank you and just make sure you stay tuned.
Speaker 4: In fact, Troy, Yeah, shout out to the bro chat Man.
Speaker 2: They keep mentioning Chat.
Speaker 4: I want to just give him a huge shout out because he took his time out about a year ago to come sit with us, kicked it with us till like three in the morning, gave hims a whole lot of game, developed a relationship, and I never forget what he said. He's like he was excited for us because he's like, Yo, in six to twelve months, your life is going to be different. I can't wait till y'all to see it. So he had the foresight to see it happen. So shout out to him, manh yeah, because he just did it out of love.
Speaker 2: Man, that is the hell of a guy.
Speaker 5: I just wasn't sure what he was doing when we seen him.
Speaker 3: He had like he didn't have a mask, he had a band.
Speaker 2: It was like he was like, yeah, that was just that was just Chad. Chas a unique guy. Man. Chad had dreams owning the chain of Horizon wireless stores. And it's hard for him to get out of that mold, you know. I mean, he still wants to walk in and tell you you need a new SIM card. That's just that's still his dream a little bit, so you know that's all it is. But yes, the only Chad Man.
Speaker 4: That's my gosh, shout everybody on picture on dot com that's proud to pay program obviously to pay the rest and everything, everything everything that man obviously four and five gets access to y L University, the number one online school financial literacy in the world. Really, we have over almost two thousand members on there learning every day. We got the Investments Club. We have the book club that's run by me and uh, the Investment Club run by everybody. Really, the community kind of runs it. So shout to order and shout everybody's misappointing to merge. Like I said, we got some limited stuff that's on the way, so be on the lookout for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and once again, man, shout out to the city of Atlanta. It's like a second home. Shout out to A five South Sol, Shout out to jahout to Chico, Shout.
Speaker 5: To Mike and his crew. Neck v NEX.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nostalgic neck T. Might be Mike presents Nostalgic neck.
Speaker 5: T the DVT.
Speaker 3: Oh yo, we see you guys next week.
Speaker 5: Thank you for your support. Peace.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christinoman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump attempted illegal border crossings at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.