Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Gatty, and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: They will just either tell me to stay in a corner and slee or just draw up his shures flowers for them.
Speaker 4: That is a former Connecticut high school student Suinger School District because she graduated without being taught how to read and write. And this might be the only way to fix this problem in the United States of.
Speaker 2: America is it's currently constituted.
Speaker 4: It seems the only way you can get anywhere is if somebody's afraid of getting sued. That's pretty much the only leverage you have. And if schools had to be afraid of getting sued for gazillions of dollars because hey, you graduate way to a kid who can't read or write, that might be the only way to hold them to some standards.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is some harsh justice, But I like the idea. There are a small handful of cases like this around the country that I've read about.
Speaker 2: How does it not happen more?
Speaker 1: Something has to change. It reminds me of people who are complaining about doge moving too fast, and this poor person had to leave their their job with a box and they don't know where to live, and I do sympathize with them on a human level, but there is zero chance that we can reform our utterly diseased education systems without cracking a few eggs to make the omelet to use the torture cliche. If you did not hear our previous discussion about the state of schooling and immigration the rest of it at last Hour Gravit Vire podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: You probably gotta subscribe anyway.
Speaker 1: A couple of things to clean up, then we'll begin Bengo bango bonga.
Speaker 4: One more sentence with a head of steam about that topic.
Speaker 2: Oh, go ahead. How freaking evil is it.
Speaker 4: To graduate a kid who can't read or write and send him out into the world.
Speaker 2: I mean, that is flat out evil.
Speaker 4: And how many adults who have, in theory dedicated their lives to education knew that kid couldn't read or write for so many years before they send him out into the world where they've got no chance.
Speaker 2: I mean that is flat evil. And that young lady is.
Speaker 1: A representative of hundreds of thousands of millions of kids like that, especially in urban schools, who they don't even try to teach anyway. It's a huge problem. Not insurmountable, but huge. Couple of things. The UH medication that I recommend to Jack that actually works if you have cold flew that sort of thing musin X, thank you to my dear wife.
Speaker 2: Text. Okay, I've seen that on the aisle. Get some of that today.
Speaker 1: You can get it with or without a cough suppressant. I always take it to sleep and for the show with a cough suppressant twelve hours.
Speaker 2: It actually works and it fings your secretions. You say, oh yeah, it's thin as a supermodel. Yep, yeah, fabulous like a stratus. We get anyway by that today. So a little bingo bango bango. Oh.
Speaker 1: First of all, let's hold, let's hear from Donald Trump Junior. First, Hanson, thank you.
Speaker 5: The administration now is functioning so effectively and so efficiently that by the time the liberal media gets their narrative talking points in line, the administration is three or four issues down the road. They can never catch up. It's glorious to watch, and they continue to self disrupt, you know, they continue to run the same playbook at me. Yesterday, I was pro Russia. You know the usual, you know, Russia, Russia, Russia.
Speaker 2: Here we go again. It's like take twelve.
Speaker 1: So Don Junior is they're discussing the deep fake video that came out of him saying we should be Russia's ally and send them arms. It was AI generated, which is I mean, the particulars of the story, you're interesting, But the fact that we are now officially in that era, we're utterly convincing AI generated faker is everywhere. Yike's good luck to all of us. Anyway, I thought this was delightful. After President Trump won in November, the Democratic National Committee launched a rapid response social media account called fact post to combat online misinformation. That's a quote, they're fact checkers, Jack Well. On Wednesday, the account published the fabricated audio the deep fact of Don Junior calling on the United States star and Russia, et cetera, et cetera, retweeted it and spread it around until it became utterly clear it was fake, and then they took it down again. But yes, the great DNC fact checkers that exist to combat online misinformation were spreading the video as fast as they could.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, it's tough though.
Speaker 4: To blame them for falling for that. I mean sure sounded real.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but if you exist to battle online disinformation, what are your standards for what you publish?
Speaker 2: That's why you had one job moving along. This is exciting.
Speaker 1: Pete Hegsa's one of his top priorities at the Pentagon in his very very early days doing the job is seeking out exciting new startups and industries that are ushering in the future of warfare, de emphasizing, or at least not just by sheer force of habit. Going with the big giant companies in their big giant weapons systems, they are actively searching out and funding new exciting high tech weapons systems.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 4: I was listening to a podcast yesterday. It had some former Special Forces guy they're interviewing talking about how the war in Ukraine has changed everything and the next big war people will realize that who haven't been paying attention, But it was around these small drones and how cheaply and quickly you can put together an almost unstoppable attack. He said, this is as big a change. This has got to be hyperbole, But if it's even close it's amazing. He said, this is a bigger change in warfare since Genghis Khan put stirrups on horses and was able to roam over the landscape in a way that nobody could stop them. It's just it's so different than anything that's ever happened before. So again, I think that's probably hyperbole, but if it's even close.
Speaker 2: Then holy crap. And I hope we're.
Speaker 4: Coming up with ways to stop bad guys from doing it to us and getting really good at being the guys who do it to other people.
Speaker 1: Right, And whether Pete Hegseath ends up being a really good Department of Defense leader or not, the jury is still out.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But the spirit of the old boy backslapping, we've done this for fifty years, so we're gonna keep doing it. That vibe is definitely out, and I think it's a sign of perhaps really really good stuff ahead. Speaking of drones and technology, a secret US drone program helped capture several Mexican cartel bosses. Intelligence provided by the unarmed drones was essential the rest of l Chapo, one of his sons, and other top drug smugglers. So evidently we haven't been completely derelict in developing these technologies and are using them to our advantage, including in Mexico, which is really really cool. A little more stories that do not a lot of analysis, but you ought to know them and we think you'll find them interesting in a moment after a cocord from our friends. It's simply Safe home security thanks in part two progressive policies that have turned scumbags out on the street and refused to criminalize crime. Every twenty six seconds a burglary takes place in the US. Protect your home before it's too late with simply Safes proactive security systems.
Speaker 4: You know, the devil's in the details, and the proof is in the pudding. So here are the details, no contracts, and you can quit any time you want.
Speaker 2: How do you like that?
Speaker 4: No questions, ask refund if you decide you don't like the thing. I mean to me that is the proof is in the pudding. They believe it's Simply Safe that you'll like the product and keep using it. You don't have to get signed up pro contract like everybody else does.
Speaker 2: And the products is amazing.
Speaker 1: Simply Safe's active guard outdoor protection can help prevent breakings before they happen to AI powered cameras back by live pro monitors take a look at your property, They watch it, they detect suspicious activity. They can talk to the scumbag, call the cops, turn on your spotlights.
Speaker 2: It's fabulous.
Speaker 1: Visit simply safe dot com slash armstrong to claim fifty percent off a new system with a professional monitoring plan. Your first month is free again. That's simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe. Moving along, they finally captured a couple of North Koreans fighting for Russia, and they're in a state that they can actually be interviewed, and it is exactly as we thought.
Speaker 2: They were whisked away from North Korea.
Speaker 1: Sometimes some of them were told, yes, the South Korean devils are aiding the evil Ukraine, and we've got to go defeat urar rivals, the South Koreans. And they didn't know where they were going or what they were doing. All of a sudden, they're in Ukraine, given a day or two of training, then sent to get mowed down by machine guns or drones or artillery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that article and.
Speaker 4: They I think it was the New York times a couple of weeks ago about the Russians they're grabbing out of prisons and whatnot. Youngsters too. Sometimes they're dead within fifteen minutes of arriving at the front.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just you're here. Run that way, but they're shooting at us.
Speaker 4: Run that way, or I'm shooting you now right dead fifteen minutes after you got there.
Speaker 2: Jeez, that's horrible.
Speaker 1: They were instructed to evade capture at all costs by blowing themselves up if they had to, a message reinforced by North Korean's secret police, who were there on the ground making sure they are obe. They would read them letters from Kim Jong un and make them transcribe them by hand. One of the key lines in Fatthead's letter, who as soon to be cannon fodder troops, was I really miss you, comrades. He sat there swinging brandy in his palace. I'm sure he did. Oh, this may be my favorite story of the day. How predictable is this? I love this headline Credit to the Free Beacon Journalists outraged after WAPO owner endorses freedom. AH Post employees are shocked and stunned.
Speaker 2: You may remember we told.
Speaker 1: You about this Jeff Bezos wrote, essentially, we will write every day in support in defense of two pillars, personal liberties and free markets. I am of American for American, proud to be so. Our country did not get here by being typical. And a big part of America's success has been freedom in the economic realm and everywhere else.
Speaker 2: And if you're not on board, go right.
Speaker 4: If you want to write some thing that is against personal freedom and economic freedom, do it somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Right, And he said to his highly respected opinions editor, if the answer isn't hell, yes, it's no. I have a great deal of respect for you, but you need to go well, sure enough, Shipley's the guy's name, he went. Jeff Stein, an economics reporter at the Post, slammed Bezos's pro freedom remarks as a massive encroachment on the opinion section that made clear dissenting views will not be published or tolerated.
Speaker 2: There ye have views against freedom?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: Philip Bump, one of several openly democratic columnists at the Post, said what the actual f on Blue Sky, the social media for obnoxious liberals, Quoting Andrew Styles in The Beacon, Kara Switcher Swisher, liberal tech journalist said it was utterly shameless. Bezos is an adult toddler who had killed the First Amendment and basic humanity in a vomitous spew of nonsense, saying I love American We're all about freedom here. That's a vomitous spew of nonsense.
Speaker 4: So I would say, those of you on that end of the spectrum way over there, keep fighting for big government and making sure government workers can't get fired. Keep fighting for the Washington Post should bad mouth personal freedom and the free markets and see where they get you.
Speaker 1: Some of their columnists, Karen Atilla, who had described the October seventh attacks on Israel's decolonization, called bezos statement an absolute stab in the back and an insult to those of us who have literally put our careers and lives on the line to call out threats to human rights and democracy.
Speaker 4: You put your life on the line, please.
Speaker 1: Their definition of democracy is the opposite of democracy. And then finally, Edward Loose, calumnists for the Financial Times, slammed to Bezos at centa. Oh sorry, this is Amanda Cats, who resigned from the Post opinion section in December.
Speaker 2: Rip he wapo.
Speaker 1: She wrote of Bezos championing freedom an absolute abandonment of the principles of accountability of the powerful, justice, democracy, human rights, and accurate information that previously animated the section in favor of a white male billionaire's self interested agenda. All right, keep scratching, keep yelling, keep demonstrating in favor of government bloat.
Speaker 2: We'll see at the ballot box a lot of.
Speaker 4: Textures coming out in favor of musin X, which you suggested.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna door dash some right now, we got more on the way. Stay here. Imagine hopping in your car, starting the ignition and taping flight.
Speaker 7: Alfaironautics produced this prototype that can both hit the roads and soar in the skies. A flying car dubbed Model zero hovered over the road in California in a test driver maybe we say test flight.
Speaker 2: Not sure on that one.
Speaker 7: In the company CEO, this could create a new market in transportation.
Speaker 4: Okay, so they tested out a flying car.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen the video. Has anybody seen the videos?
Speaker 4: It look more promising than any of the flying cars that we've seen in the past. It's it still doesn't answer, you know, the big questions with flying cars. I mean, I just I don't know how you would have any rules for who's got them?
Speaker 2: Where do you get to fly them? All that sort of stuff.
Speaker 8: Yes, Katie, I saw the video and this thing needs a lot of work. Looks like a Tonka toy.
Speaker 1: In the FAA, which can't keep jets from crashing into each other, is going to manage you know, a thousand numb skulls driving quote unquote fire flying cars around LA for instance.
Speaker 4: I don't say a thousand, how about a half a million?
Speaker 8: People can't properly operate vehicles on the on the ground, right, Yes, this is not a good idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you've ever watched people at a four way stop, picture adding another dimension to that, please kill me.
Speaker 4: So I door dashed some usin X Joe swears by it as a cold medicine. I was complaining that cold medicine doesn't do anything, Joe says, Does I believe you? Oh yeah, But I just doordashed some First of all, it says I got to show an ID at a door. What kind of jackpot have you gotten me into where I've got to show an ID for this medicine? What sort of heavy duty, breaking, bad sort of stuff is this?
Speaker 1: It's manufactured south of the border, by a non governmental organization.
Speaker 4: All right, anyway, it's shockingly expensive. Also, like everything is in the modern world. The other thing going to my CVS account and my door dash, I realized I hadn't door dashed anything from CVS since last year's Super Bowl, when I doordashed the beard dye because I watched one of the Super Bowl heads and they suggested it was really really effective the beard die and the guy was getting all kinds of chicks with his new darker beard. Oh yeah, So I got to go tea die and I died it during the halftime of the.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl, which I've looked at the pictures. They don't then it didn't look that good. Although I got to ease into that.
Speaker 4: I see a lot of dudes doing it on TV. I mean, now I can recognize it when it's just way too dark because I did it, and that's what happens. It's just way too dark and it doesn't fit with your and the rest of your body.
Speaker 8: I so, did you get the blue or the green?
Speaker 2: Use next? I think both?
Speaker 6: Why is there a difference? Oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah. One of you may stick up you. I mean, what's the difference, Well, one of them will knock you out. Oh okay, okay, So it's like nighttime versus daytime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, huh oh interesting.
Speaker 1: I just I'm familiar with the cough suppressant and not cough suppressant.
Speaker 2: But I got the box that contains both night time and daytime.
Speaker 4: And I'm going to take a like a Gene Hackman like nap later today is.
Speaker 5: What I'm going.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, okay, don't do that, boy? Yeah? Yeah. Any updates on that story, by the way, ye for it.
Speaker 4: But the texture who came up with, what's the deal with the nine to one one call?
Speaker 2: There's no way to get into the house.
Speaker 4: And then the police stating very shortly when this after this story broke of door was a jar.
Speaker 2: Those two don't match. Yes, yeah, that is odd.
Speaker 1: It doesn't prove anything, but it is that is one a direction or inquiry will be going.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, finding out the dog was in the crate blew up my theory that the dog ate the pills that the wipe spilled.
Speaker 2: But night yeah.
Speaker 8: Well. From People magazine dot Com about twenty five minutes ago, apparently the sheriff is saying that the pill bottle found near Hackman's wife is one of the most important pieces of evidence in this case.
Speaker 2: Well, of course, dull, what do you mean? Duh? What do yeah? What? How is that a duh?
Speaker 9: You you are If it's succiciently removed from the investigation, I'm busting you down to street cop. If it was to be wearing out your shoe leader, if it was the sort of thing that you would take to if you wanted to kill yourself in an overdose, it means a lot more than if it's some pill that you don't take that to kill yourself.
Speaker 2: But that wasn't known.
Speaker 1: Again you hear off the investigation coming up really really insightful peace on why women are so miserable right now and woke and it's related.
Speaker 2: Wow. If you missed a segment or now get podcast.
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Geeddy come by Freedom.
Speaker 6: We Love.
Speaker 2: Everybody for their sixteenth birthday.
Speaker 1: It's not clear to me what they're referencing there, but one of the most ironic and pathetic couse plays of revolutionary bravery I have ever witnessed.
Speaker 2: The Northeast colleges of the United States have no equal.
Speaker 4: Well, the only thing we have to lose is are chains. What the hell are you talking about? You privileged, pampered God, it's so you should be embarrassed.
Speaker 2: And then they go.
Speaker 1: Then they go off to their women's studies majors and learn absolutely nothing of use to humanity, so which leads us to, oh, of course they get an a. Of course they do a great piece by Amy Gallagher, who is a brit She's a fairly well known commentator over yonder but I thought this was fascinating. She has a couple of grafts that will I will describe for you. They're easily understood. The first one is is labeled. We've talked about this before. A wide ideology gap is opening between young men and young women in countries across the world and their political ideology of eighteen to twenty nine year olds by sex, and the chart has more liberal is towards the top, more conservative is toward the bottom. But in South Korea, women in the last five years have turned sharply more liberal to a plus thirty score, men sharply more conservative.
Speaker 2: Huge gap. Wow, the US men who've been waffling around.
Speaker 1: I mean the lines were like the same in the nineties, but since women have gotten steadily and then suddenly wildly more liberal. And in the last ten years or so, men have had a steady drift toward the conservative, still very moderate conservative, but again a huge ideological gap. Germany just slightly smaller, and the UK, where everybody's more liberal. The women have gone wildly insanely progressive, and the dudes, and it's unmistakable, even after a pretty progressive turn during the twenty tens, have now started to drift downward while the gals are still going upward.
Speaker 4: Man, I mean that should be studied at a very high level. I mean, obviously that's incredibly interesting and if you're younger, maybe you can't imagine this, but nothing would have been crazier like when I was twenty five for a buddy to say, as datoner, but her politics, I just couldn't.
Speaker 2: Hinder her politics. I just never heard that ever a one time in my life.
Speaker 1: Right, or for a woman, because we're talking about women here, to come across some good looking, in shape finance major with a bright future and say, no, freaking way, because he's conservative.
Speaker 2: I don't like who he voted for for president.
Speaker 6: What.
Speaker 2: No, it's just utterly it's bizarre to even suggest.
Speaker 1: Just and you know, we were in college a few years back, but even like fifteen years ago, sure you'd see a vastly different result. So to Amy Gallagher's piece, she writes two graphs, one showing the growing ideological gap between men and women, the other showing that politically left leaning women are disproportionately more likely to have a mental health condition. No way, I'll let that summary stand for itself. I could describe the graph, but that's you know, the takeaway in other women women have become more politically radical and more psychologically unstable. What came first? Did woke drive women mad? Are mad women responsible for the eyes of woke? And feel free to wave your hand or get our attention any time you want to jump in, Katie. That's more than more than welcome.
Speaker 2: I think that the woke did this. You think the woke made women crazy? Absolutely? Oh, stay tuned, okay choice.
Speaker 1: She mentions that mental illness is now the leading cause of cause of disability in the West, is responsible for forty percent of chronic sick leave, and specifically it is women and girls who are suffering the most rates mental illness arising for both sex. This is what are far far disproportionately rising among women. Rates of self harm among females have tripled in the last thirty years, and the rates of suicidality have doubled. This has all happened within a culture that professes to value feelings, emotional well being, and mental health awareness. She points out more people going to therapy than ever before, more people training to become therapists than ever before, and these are all mostly women. Around seventy to eighty percent of psychologists and therapists are female. Those seeking help from them also much more likely to be female. But it doesn't seem to be helping. And then she goes into several other statistics about antidepressants and that sort of thing that are all tracking in the same direction in the last fifty years.
Speaker 8: Yes, well, so what I'm hearing there is this is all kind of going along with the Internet, like when you started being able to get information all the time, anytime, and then it's just getting worse. Now it's in our pockets. For the mental health issue, I element of it. I guess I think there's probably a relationship there.
Speaker 4: Well, let me say the misogynist thing then, so I don't I don't think this is a misogynist I just think.
Speaker 2: It's I'll be the judge of that biological But.
Speaker 4: Women have such a strong biological instinct to have children. And if way, way, way less people are doing that, where does all that other mental emotional energy go. It's gotta going forward, chanting. We have nothing to lose but our change. Yeah, the way to our ethnic studies major. In the last fifty years, the number of women in full time work has increased by over fifty percent. Similarly, in the last thirty years, the number of women who are unmarried and single over the age of thirty has increased from eighteen percent to fifty four percent. To go whoa, it's now estimating that half of all women twenty five to forty four will be single by twenty thirty, and short women are working more and marrying and having family less. Many people point to the name it affects the social media or the pressures of the beauty industry as to explain the sadness anxiousness to depress edness.
Speaker 1: However, the problem seems to be much more fundamental than this. There is now an increased pressure on women to focus on their careers at the expensive relationships. Meaningful relationships are what make people happy, especially women. You know that is disarmingly simple. Yeah. Yes, but as a guy with a pretty good memory of my life and a guy who reads a fair amount of science about how to have a happy middle age old age retirement, it always comes back to the same thing, meaningful relationships, and not with a therapist. By the way, women are now going to university more than ever before, she says, very britishly, and increasingly dropping out. It is in the universities where they come across ideas and perspectives that end up making them feel worse than they already did. This is justifying Katie's suggestion moment ago that woke is driving misery, feminism, critical social justice, critical race theory, Marxism. Young women are encouraged to be cynical about the world, see oppression everywhere, hate their country, hate men, and hate anyone who thinks differently from them.
Speaker 8: I've heard that the number I was just thinking, the number of people I know that I are going through my head reading this that are just they just hate everything and they will not listen to a word if it doesn't go along with what they think.
Speaker 2: I think that's worth repeating.
Speaker 4: Well, how many times? How many times have I said in the last I don't know how many years. Have some kids you won't have time to worry about that a part of curious topics because it's true.
Speaker 1: But feminism, critical social justice, critical race theory, Marxism. Young women are encouraged to be cynical about the world, see oppression everywhere, hate their country, hate men, and hate anyone who thinks differently from them. And now there's a growing ideological gap between men who are more likely to be conservative and women more likely to be woke progressive, and it's widening, and not because well not really because men become more right wing.
Speaker 2: That move has been quite modest.
Speaker 1: If you could see the graphs, and we'll post this entire thing at Armstrong and Geeddy dot com under hotlinks so you can check it out and send it to everybody you know. Anyway, it's because of the huge move women have made toward the progressive end of things. Perhaps given that more women are entering work full time, which someone will struggle with because of their poor mental health. Woke ideas such as harm reduction, focusing on emotions, caring for victim groups, and critique of meritocratic capitalism appeals to them. But if men can work longer hours and work their way up the workplace hierarchy more quickly than women can, partly because men are not encumbered by the stuff we were just talking about.
Speaker 2: In nearly as large numbers as women.
Speaker 1: We don't hate women, we don't hate our country, we don't hate capitalism.
Speaker 2: We're just interested in having some fun and being successful.
Speaker 1: So then when men rise up the hierarchy more quickly, it is easier to call this patriarchy rather than confront the fact that men and women are different, and many women, particularly of the mindset were describing, cannot compete with the men, nor do they want to. One final note from Amy Gallagher, because I think this is brilliant DEI safe spaces, therapeutic spaces, bringing your whole self to work, harm reduction, psychological safety, emotionality, conformity, conflict avoidance. We now live in a highly feminized culture, and this femininity has taken over the workplace. It is a toxic and destructive form of femininity and ironically the reason why so many women are making poor life choices that leave them unhappy and mentally unstable. If women want to feel better, they must first end and their toxic love affair with woke progressivism, which has plunged them into a downward spiral of insanity and despair.
Speaker 2: Can I get an amen?
Speaker 4: Is there any natural force that will change this direction, arrest this development.
Speaker 1: It could take because women tend to value network building and coalition building more than men, who tend to be more independent. It might take some charismatic self helpy guru type Instagram influencer. I don't know that the problem is. And this is a problem, and it motivates me to get up every morning for work. We are up against an enormous educational infrastructure that is absolutely dedicated to pushing these ideas. It's going to be a titanic battle. And then, if you're a single man in the world, what are you supposed to do? Keep your mouth shut, see you got some chance at some romance, or go with the slim pickings of people that aren't crazy. Yeah, I'm picturing some sort of Joe Getty's College for turning out non insane women. I think it's also known as the University of Texas at Austin and North Carolina is trying to do this too, But uh, it's it's amazing that it's gotten this far. If I separate myself from the outrage and sadness of it, just as a you know, political scientist, quote unquote, as a student of ideological movements. It's been amazingly successful for a suicidal and idiotic philosophy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say, if you have any comments on this now, a lot of you to do our text line four one five two nine five KFTC play clip twenty seven. I think this is important to the conversation here. Fencer suspicious, but have already ruled out a carbon monoxide leak and say there were no obvious signs of foul play.
Speaker 2: There was no indication of a struggle. There was no indication of anything that was missing from the home or disturbed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nothing missing from the home, nothing disturbed, no sign of a struggle. I don't think anybody was picturing that. But and no evidence of a carbon monoxide leak. Now, you know, if carbon monoxide had killed Gene Hackman and his wife and dog, it would have quite possibly dispersed.
Speaker 2: In the week weeks. They don't know yet how long.
Speaker 4: The bodies were there, but I assume they like checked around to see is skiff something could have caused a carbon monoxide leak?
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, yeah, an obvious mechanism or whatever that was inside the house that shouldn't have been that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So my original plan from yesterday was, and I think I still might be going with it, very old Gene Hackman falls, has a heart attack in the mudroom. She finds his body is so despondent she can't imagine going on without him. Goes and gets the pills, takes a whole bunch.
Speaker 2: She dies. But then my theory was the dog eats the pills and dies, and the dog was in a crate. To call your theory crackpot is to insult crack Why why is that crackit pot?
Speaker 4: That seems like the most.
Speaker 2: Logical explanation, says the crackpot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't explain to a crackpot why there are crackpots, so don't ask me to. Here's what happened, and anybody with any sense can see.
Speaker 6: This was it.
Speaker 1: His old friend al Pacino, Clint Eastwood, came back and gave Hackman a kicking in vengeance for Unforgiven forty years ago whenever that movie was made.
Speaker 2: Wonderful movie anyway.
Speaker 1: So old Gene Hackman, who is at least dependent on a sixty five year old he's ninety five, comes home. She has had some sort of fatal mishap whe her a fall or a heart attacker or a stroker or whatever in the bathroom. He shocked rushes to call the authorities. Has a fall, a serious injury at his advanced age, and he can't help himself. Oh, your passes.
Speaker 4: So your theory is similar to mine. It's just in reverse. But yeah, yeah, my pop is intact. That's the difference.
Speaker 2: Where are the pills in that theory?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh, she was in her bathroom dealing with the pills when she had her fatal health event. Okay, what fatal health events? Don't wait till you're sitting down under a blanket. Sometimes they happened, you know, when you're doing stuff.
Speaker 4: Well, the easiest one to explain is him in any scenario would come up, because when you're ninety five, it doesn't take much you slip.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, a blow to the head.
Speaker 1: I mean he could easily have had, you know, some sort of subdural hematoma. See a proof that I know better than you guys, because I know words like that, or or some sort of devastating injury that a ninety five year old cannot lift himself off the ground and go get help or eat or drink.
Speaker 4: So the autops you will help with that, because if it turns out, you know, maybe he was laying on the.
Speaker 2: Floor there for a week. It's entirely possible. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 8: The only thing they said with that that I've seen this morning is that that's clear he was coming home or leaving because he had his sunglasses on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were lying next to him, I think maybe. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this story could quite possibly have an ending that is not the least bit amusing to hear.
Speaker 1: Oh I suspect nor dramatic. Right, yeah, it'll just be sad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like that submarine that was underneath you know, went down to see the Titanic, and we all talked about that and this and that for a long time and then when it turns out, yeah, it just collapsed.
Speaker 2: And they all died instantly. Yeah. Not the greatest story. Yeah, A grade A grade.
Speaker 1: So are you participating in the utterly idiotic boycott today? It's too to get to capitalism or something and.
Speaker 4: How you don't like billionaires taking over the world or something. Yeah, exactly, Well.
Speaker 8: Jack already door dashed and I just ordered something on Amazon, so.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's right.
Speaker 1: So the guy who initiated this is something like a meditation teacher, and I don't scoff at meditation or anything, but or a yoga side.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But the USA today is writing about this and they.
Speaker 1: Quote a BLM enthusiast and I don't mean the Bureau of Land Management, and then to get an opinion on how great this is, they quote Jason Williams, Professor of Justice Studies at Montclair State University in New Jersey. It definitely does send a political message to these companies that were watching them. We're not going to let them get away with abandoning our causes. They're trying to punish anybody who dropped any DEI policies, right, and it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't work at all.
Speaker 4: Why don't you call a grocery store and say, do you notice any less traffic than on normal Friday?
Speaker 2: That'd be a good question to ask. This will not make a g NAT's fart worth of difference. No, we do four hours every day. If you miss an hour to get the podcast, Armstrong and Getty