Speaker 1: I feel one on one. You see a couple of me in my taste with me and my lemonade, because I let the way it taste. Best seat at the Pirates. Can he let me run the base?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: My time is like my money because I can't afford to waste. Oh why see is alloyer? Take my date to my dates or the stick by the plate syndic case keep the case from my race at my pace.
Speaker 3: Cleared Brass and a.
Speaker 4: Snake Episode three eighty nine of Bucco Banter presented by Brave Bean Coffee Company. Boys, we have a trade with the San Diego Padres. It's exactly who you thought it would be.
Speaker 5: Jim. Let the fans know who the newest.
Speaker 4: Relief pitcher coming out of the bullpen for your Pittsburgh Pirates is gonna be.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna give you the Yenzer pronunciation of it, and it's not Mason Miller. So here we go. Guys, do you hear about these buckets? They got this? Uh Ronnie Maranaccia from the Padres up there?
Speaker 5: Not not bad?
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, guys, listen, I think at this point of the season, in all seriousness, but there was a lot that's better than Dennis Santana. And I was telling him, sure, I think we even might have mentioned this on our weekend show, Like just make a move now.
Speaker 6: It doesn't have to be your big splash move.
Speaker 3: I know there's like eleven days to the trade deadline, but like, go make that claim.
Speaker 6: That's how you got Dennis Santana in the first place.
Speaker 1: Go.
Speaker 3: I wanted them to take a gamble on Nate Pearson. He it wasn't gonna be your long term fix, but get him in the door and get Tennessee Tanna out the door.
Speaker 6: Just do that. Now, we can't afford to keep punting games.
Speaker 3: I feel like every week we're leaving a game out there and it's they're just starting to stack up boys, they're starting to stack up and I rod Marnachi or the number of sexy No. But I mean this is a guy just two years ago, that was when he was with the Yankees. I was like potential, high leverage, upside and just inconsistency in his career and the command has just not been there. He recently added a cutter to the mix. He's mostly a foreseen change guy, but if nothing else, it's a low risk.
Speaker 4: Interesting move risk indeed, and I think there's no reason to be upset about this move unless it is the move.
Speaker 5: You get what I'm saying here.
Speaker 4: If eleven days goes by and then that's your guy, then yeah, you have every right to be absolutely pissed off. But right now, like Scott said, you just need to make moves to switch something up because eleven days is a long time. Eleven games is a long time. That's a lot of games that you can win that could put you ahead in the wild card standings, and you've already sacrificed enough because of poor performances out of the bullpen. You could have made moves like this probably earlier. If this is the type of compensation that you're giving up international pools money, sure you could probably could have done that a little bit earlier. But maybe he helps out for eleven days. Maybe he doesn't. But there needs to be more right now, Like you mentioned, low risk move.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's addition by subtraction. At this point, guys, Dennis Santana cannot pitch another inning for the Pittsburgh Party this year. I mean, you know, even if he clears waivers and goes down there and does well. I just I will say. The odd thing about this is there was about a year stretch in there where Dennis Santana was one of the better relievers in baseball. I don't know what happened. I you know, obviously baseball is a funny game. Is there another sport where guys can just bottom out as quickly as they do in baseball? I don't think there is, because, like I said, for a good year there, man Dennis Santana, thirty teams would have taken Dennis Santana at one point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you could have.
Speaker 4: Convinced me last year that he signed a three year contract with like the Dodgers, and I'd be like, yeh, that makes sense given a twenty plus million dollars like that would have made sense. But as Zach mentions here, that's just the life of a reliever squat. I mean, you know, it's pitching so hard, and it's so ball town. These guys are failed starters, and like they'll tell you that it's because something didn't work, but you found a way to make it work, and that doesn't always last.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean hindsight, but like this is the guy that you claimed off waivers and and most of his career has just been that of a journeyman, right. He hasn't been able to stick anywhere, and he hasn't pitched well. His success in Pittsburgh was a huge outlier. And you know, he could have probably gotten something for him at last year's deadline, and they chose to flip the other guy, David Bednard. That's all hindsight. I'm not saying they should have, but they could have, right, and you know.
Speaker 6: It just he ended up.
Speaker 3: It was just after that Cardinals game, They're up to nothing, he blew that save. I feel like Adam and I were getting ready to go down to do postgame and then it was like, oh they lost. Oh this is a totally different figure. And it's just like it just fell from there, guys, it fell from there. And you know, I wish him the best because he he brought a really good attitude to the ballpark every day and you would never know that he was going through what he was going through. U. But at the same time, it was necessary move, probably way overdue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least at least he gave us the Cavaliero moment, you know, on his way out the door. So you know, good luck God bless. But you can't do it here anymore, buddy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there, there's got to be more moves. We're eleven days away.
Speaker 4: Like we mentioned, we're going to go through a lot of trades in this episode. If you have any trade ideas, drop them in the chat. We'll try and get to them. We have a lot that we're submitted through social media. Let's recap the Yankee series really quick. Game one gets off to a rough start. The Magician puts them ahead Jared Triollo, the bat's still going. I know Scott's absolutely hyped on that because he's the biggest Jared Triolo supporter.
Speaker 3: We're still putting together those apology for him, so just you know, be on the lookout for those.
Speaker 6: We'll be distributing. Right.
Speaker 4: So, Game one, they lose, you get game Game two's postponed, you get another double header. This team cannot catch a break. What is that three in three weeks? Boys, that you have to play two in one day. I mean, the occasional doubleheader is fun, but this just has such a task on your guys, or pay such a toll on your guys. And then Game two positives. Mitch Keller looked really good, right, they gave up the lead. Carmen macginski, they fight back, good stuff. Game three, Bubba Chandler looks the best he ever has been, and this is where things get a little.
Speaker 5: Sticky with the fan base.
Speaker 4: Bubba goes six and a third, He only gives up two hits, what one walk?
Speaker 5: He was on fire. He looked great.
Speaker 4: They pull him for Brandon Eisert and it immediately goes downhill. And a lot of people were in our comments saying, well, you can't blame the bullpen for this one. They didn't score any runs. I could still blame the bullpen for this one because it was a zero zero game.
Speaker 6: Theoretically you could do whatever you want.
Speaker 4: But exactly a free it's a free world. Guys, how do you feel about that situation? Because I feel like it's pretty split right now.
Speaker 3: Right I think you run him out there at the start. I mean, I think you continue going out.
Speaker 5: There with yeah, but you pull him in that situation.
Speaker 3: Right with one out, and you know, I think what would be huge and this is obviously not important to Yester's game, but obviously I think it would be huge to see him have a big second half, a big second half, And I think that's the name I'm circling as a guy that could take that next sleep after the All Star break. But that being said, yeah, Donnie Kelly's reasoning in the postgame, just be honest, wasn't the best for taking him out. And at some point you got to ask yourself, am I doing everything I can to win?
Speaker 6: And I'm not saying that he's not.
Speaker 3: But you know, we're getting too we're getting too cute with guys like Brandon Eiser should not be pitching in any meaningful outings. It should be like nine to one and he's coming in against one left handed batter and that's it.
Speaker 6: Like it's you can't throw this guy out there anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's tough because I you know, I think there's there they're so concerned about, like protecting the pictures, right, whether it's Chandler because he's younger and you want to protect arms, or Mitch Keller and you want to protect his psyche. You know, it's like, at some point, I do think, you know, you need to let these guys go a little deeper, especially if your mantra seems to be organizationally, we're going to pull pictures early to get to our bullpen, which, by the way, the bullpen sucks. So it's like, that's that's a hard Those things don't really jive together. Yeah, I think too, Like Adam you mentioned, you know, like people are like this one's on the offense. Oh okay, this is a top five offense in baseball. They're not going to score five six runs every night. Like every once in a while, your team has to pitch and throw up zeros until your offense can do something like it's it's not on the offense in my opinion, like they're not going to do that every night, and sometimes your your staff has to keep you in a ball game and has to pitch well until you get it going offensively.
Speaker 6: And I'll tell you, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: Max Freed and Garrett Cole both looked phenomenal yesterday for the Yankees. I know we tagged Garrett Cole two times to take a lead and get on the scoreboard, but I mean both were generating a ton of whiffs at the plate and we weren't able to get it going in Game two against Max Freed.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I much would I would have much rather have seen like Noah Murdoch in place of Brandon Eisert there.
Speaker 5: I tell you what I think.
Speaker 4: That's why I didn't hear much of what you guys said, because I know you're talking about the bullpen. But I looked to my right and my dog just pooped all over the ground, just diarrhead all over, which I guess is kind of just like what's going on with the brat's bullpen right now. Anytime you throw it out there, she had the timing perfectly, but right in front of my face. So album for later, Adam, I might get a whiff of it here pretty soon.
Speaker 6: That's what it's gonna get.
Speaker 2: It's gonna get stuffy in there.
Speaker 6: It's gonna get. I don't think Farrel, Weaver and Oakin can help with that.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, this was a crime committed against me though, this really was.
Speaker 5: And god the dog might be Gentley, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: All right, well, hey, listen, you split a road trip, right, But the problem is you should have won all three in Cleveland, and you really left a lot of stuff out there in New York. That being said, not all is in the dump slot. They're still in a good position right now, but you really really have to take advantage at least of these next eleven days until you make that move, right, because you have the Cubs really big series, and you have the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: That's another Yeah, that one's coming up big, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you got all these teams that are right there with you, and you're still finding ways to lose ball games, right, You're finding ways not to do. Other teams aren't beating you out right, You're finding ways to lose ball games. And that's really been the entire story of the twenty twenty six season is this is a potentially really good team, but you always have to put the qualifier there that potentially a really good team until they totally put it together.
Speaker 5: And we're just kind of waiting for that moment.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, I like the pitching that we have going this weekend with Jared Paul and Braxton, but I also hate to see the pitchers that are coming in for the Cubs. Matthew Boyd is a difficult lefty that can be to see if it's not going to overpower you. But I think we've always really struggled with him and then showed at Minaga, who I know we struggled with on Saturday Versis Skeins. That'll be a really good matchup. So maybe got Jamison tie on, but I would love to take one of or ideally both first two games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think too, Like as Zach mentions here, anything specific you're seeing in regard to Laalan O'Hearn's offensive woes, Yeah, I think this is just baseball. It happens. They faced some lefties recently, a little maybe uptick there, and now they're going to face two more. I think they'll be fine. But yeah, like when they're not swinging the bats, and Reynolds has looked a little bit off. You know, you get three guys not really swinging the bat well in the lineup, and even the Pirates they're only so so deep, you know.
Speaker 3: So it's the dog days of summer, which you know, it's a great time to have the Wolf game.
Speaker 6: That's what people are telling me, at least, you know, I think.
Speaker 3: It's needed to reinvigorate the fan base and the team.
Speaker 6: So possibly the league, possibly the league.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're gonna be on notice very soon, as soon as Monday, so stay tuned.
Speaker 4: I think when we're talking about what they're really struggling with, I think at least, what I've seen with O'Hearn is just getting behind in counts. I don't think anything there is wrong with the swing. I've seen him fell off a couple of pitches where it's like, man, he just misset.
Speaker 5: He's right on it.
Speaker 4: But both of them are getting behind in counts pretty quickly. And I know O'Hearn's taken a couple of pitches that, you know, it just doesn't seem like he's really comfortable with the zone right now. I think the swing is fine, but it seems like once you're getting behind in counts and you're forced to swing at pitches that maybe you would lay off or that that are not ideal to.
Speaker 5: Do damage on.
Speaker 4: And that's what you brought in a Brandon Law for. That's what you brought in a Rhyan o'h hearn for, is to do damage and hitters counts, and they just haven't been putting themselves in those positions right now.
Speaker 3: And then Brandon Lowe is getting attacked with fastbles up in the zone, which he struggles with when he's down early, and I think that's the rest of his history there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we'll get him back home and the friendly confines and see if that helps a little too.
Speaker 3: I will say this about this question, Mitch Keller. The first thing I went to go look at was his cutter usage, and it was up yesterday, so I'm just throwing my hands up. I don't know that the cutter does get hit hard. I didn't look at the hard hit rates or anything like that, but I was a little bit nervous about him going into the Yankee stadium against some of those lefties.
Speaker 6: Throwing that pitch, leaving it over the plate.
Speaker 3: I'll have to take a deep look at it. But that was the one thing I looked at first.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's spotting up right, He's putting himself in good situations early on in counts, and he got some nice ground balls. He was able to work a lot of hitters. You know, that Yankees lineup is just not impressive without Aaron Judge in there.
Speaker 5: It really is.
Speaker 4: And that, like no point did I really feel threatened Ben Rice. I mean, he's been unbelievable this year. But other than that, I felt like it was really underwhelming. That being said, the Pirates lost a series, but the starting pitching from Keller and Bubba looked really good, and I think it's really just getting ahead in counts. And you had that moment early on in the second game of the doubleheader where Bubba walked with the first guy and then he threw another one. Then Bill Murphy comes out, by the way the slow walk gone. Did they say anything about that?
Speaker 6: I did see him jogg the last time he went out there.
Speaker 4: So maybe we're trying to throw some people off a little bit, but just putting yourself in better situations, right, executing getting ahead and count and then allowing your arsenal to work for you. And if I was to put pinpoint anything with Keller and or Bubba, I'd say just really honing in early on and figuring out like, hey, how can I get oh one here? How can I get up I if I threw a ball, how can I work off of that ball in order to get back into discount? Not just throwing but pitching. I think that's what they used to their advantage.
Speaker 2: And Keller. Keller's fastball had some more zip on it too. I believe like he was throwing harder where he looked like he was in the sense of I think that break did him some good to kind of just gonna say that, Yeah, reassess maybe what's working what's not. Fastball velocity was up, so I mean, yeah, I mean who put it in there. The other zact that's in the chat with us said, Keller being a four e er a pitcher would be massive for them the second half. Yeah, I would submit. Just getting Keller back to quality startment, Mitch, whether that's five or six innings.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what the Yankees don't have anymore either, is a quality arm in the pen like Ron Maranaccio. So we now have him in Pittsburgh. He's gonna be something. I'm interested to see what kind of role they're going to put him in. Obviously you don't have many options in the back end, but I'm sure we'll see him this weekend.
Speaker 6: Guys, let's get into some traits.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me pull up the first one. This comes from Instagram. We've got a couple on the screen here. Cruise for Miller is just not gonna get it done.
Speaker 5: Mason.
Speaker 4: Miller might get moved, but it's not gonna be just for ONEO Cruz. We've talked about this, how there's maybe a couple of situations where it makes sense for the pirates, but trading off of this major league roster right now really doesn't add up if you're trying to sustain and keep this offense going. I don't know about what you guys think will stick on this one. First, I just this just doesn't work.
Speaker 3: I don't think the Podjas would do it. I think they'd hang up. I think they'd love to include a cruise in that deal, but I think they want some young talent coming back to and yeah, it would take a lot. You get Mason Miller till twenty thirty, and Sky brought the A's back Leo Davrees.
Speaker 6: Plus more last year. So just something to think about there.
Speaker 3: I would take this as more sarcasm than a real offer.
Speaker 2: That's the that's the problem though right now, Guys like you know, I'll be the first to admit I'm not really good at the trade proposal stuff and the value, but I at least acknowledge that and let other people kind of lead. Social media is wild because man, everybody is throwing out trades and you can't tell if they're serious or not because some of them are absolutely hideous, absolutely hideous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's real no winning in these situations. You could say a trade and someone's gonna call you a stupid idiot.
Speaker 5: That's just a nature of the game.
Speaker 4: And then we got Justinton for Justinton, Embarco for Adlei, Rutchman a little bit more interesting. You think it's that the price for Adlei it seems a little a little much. I don't know if it takes Justinton and Barco, maybe one of them and then a lower level guy. I feel like that the Orioles are in a weird situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a tough one because those are two very interesting pieces, and we know historically they've been struggling on on the on the pitching side. But just looking here real quick, it looks like Adlete's kind of turned it around this year compared the last year. Still would like to see a little bit more powerfu. I'll take two fifty behind the plate, three thirty OHBP seven sixty four ops the savant page.
Speaker 6: A lot of red there.
Speaker 5: Guys, very hitter, great teammate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I could even see them asking for substituting something bigger than just Stinson in terms of an offensive player. Maybe not saying that he's bigger, but maybe a Barco and Eastern Carmichael and I don't know, some small piece.
Speaker 5: I think that's where I'm hung up here.
Speaker 4: I think there's another piece here that's probably at a lower level. Yeah right now that it's still going to be a significant piece to get it done. But I don't know if it's this package specifically, I'd love to have Adlie Rutschman.
Speaker 6: Would I do this?
Speaker 3: Yes, If the Baltimore offered this to me, I think I would do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I same time, I just don't think, like, yeah, they that you need better than one sixty beyond that plate by Henry Davis and you need envy back. But like I'm the main focus. I'm giving up a big piece right now. It's for the bullpen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I don't know how other organizations view password at this point. You know, is he somebody that Okay, great, he was a taught prospect and he's hitting really well right now. But I don't know that they look at that like, you know, in the sense of, oh, he's having a really good June or July. It's it's how about how you project him forward in the majors. And so I don't know that he's somebody that teams would be like pining for I.
Speaker 6: Will say this.
Speaker 3: A friend of mine in the Red Sox organization told me that they didn't think he'd hit consistently at the big league level.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, so that's why they're comfortable.
Speaker 3: I also think the factors of all their young talent pushing to the majors was a big, you know, decision point for them as well.
Speaker 6: But you know, I tend to disagree.
Speaker 3: I still believe in the upside of the Password and you know, his short stint, he wasn't really elevating the ball as much as I'd like to see. But I think this is a guy. We saw it in spring. Even though you're gonna take those games with a get great of slid. I think this is a guy that could be a very valuable outfielder that could play all three position outfield positions very well.
Speaker 2: Well, let me flip this around real quick then, and you were on the other side of this equation. Mm hm, And do you want Password involved in a deal?
Speaker 6: If I'm Baltimore? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you do?
Speaker 6: You see that?
Speaker 2: As you see where I'm going with that is like, don't you want a little bit more than that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, It's not like he came up here and destroyed and then it was just a product of him going down because of other players. Yeah, he just didn't play well, and he didn't play well when he was up with the Red Sox either, So so.
Speaker 2: I just think that's a fair exercise to do sometimes when yeah, this stuff, I I think Barco makes sense in terms for Baltimore.
Speaker 4: They're always looking for pitching, but I think i'd air more on that side with that, or throwing in one of the catchers because they're getting rid of a catcher. But let's move on, because we could talk about this all day. This one comes from Michael Bradley on X. I'll blow this up here a little bit for myself. The Angels are gonna get Edward Florentino, Wyatt Sanford and Johann Delos Santos and the Pirates get read Debt Mers. I think this is too much a massive overpay.
Speaker 3: I like Redebt, Marzelle, I definitely do. I just think you're gift. I would not give Edward Florentino for red Debt Meers. Let's see what's his h contract status that it'd be a nice mix into this rotation too, because he's he's a lefty, has a big curveball. He's a bad guy because he went to Louisville. Yeah, only through club control through twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: So like, I mean, yeah, no.
Speaker 6: No, I remove Edward Florentino.
Speaker 5: We're talking then.
Speaker 3: Thinking, but I also think Johann Dela Santo's has blow up upside.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I mean I think Sanford could be the headliner.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean, like, look, I want them to make a move too, but I would be I don't know if I'd be horrified if this was the the trade package, but I would be uh not happy.
Speaker 5: If we're talking Florentino. We're talking a big trade here.
Speaker 4: We're talking about a massive trade. We're talking blockbuster. You're trading a top one hundred prospect. At this point of the season, it's gonna get you a little bit more than that. This is this Candide is not going to be your four starter in this rotation, right right, Let's move on from this one. Tyler Callahan appreciated from X Pirates. Get Luke Weaver and Freddie Peralta. The Mets get Carmen macginski. The Mets will not do this.
Speaker 3: Also serious, but uh yeah, yeah, I don't know I absolutely not. I I don't want Freddy Proleta either. I would take I think you could start to entertain the name Edward Florentino and a Looke Weaver deal, you could. I'd rather move other pieces, but I think that's a fair ask plus something small rather than that. Other than that, Like, yeah, I don't think the Mets are are jumping at Kardon munchin skinny time soon.
Speaker 2: All right, So what if we let's let's just let's just get a little more creative here. What if it's Weaver and brass Ban what do what?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: Where do we go? How do we how do we make that happen? You know, get the old get get two of them?
Speaker 6: I mean that would be a deal.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, I think you're you still might be talking with Scott said, you're you could start to float bigger names out there. But what are the Mets really looking for right now? Like they pretty much have everybody on the table except for a handful of guys.
Speaker 5: I think they do the.
Speaker 2: Mets now what they're looking for?
Speaker 5: Not really, not really, you know, maybe some arms.
Speaker 4: But I'm trying to really figure out what a Luke Weaver deal is. And I don't know if anyone's really been able.
Speaker 5: To pinpoint that. What was what we brought up on.
Speaker 4: The show the other day, Scott that included Luke Weaver in it?
Speaker 6: Oh boy, I thought.
Speaker 5: It was Luke Weaver. Hunter Barco is mixed in there somewhere.
Speaker 3: Hunter Barco for sure. I think we talked about two arms at the top. Was it Barco and Kelly?
Speaker 4: It might have been Barco and Kelly. Let me see if I could, I can pinpoint it.
Speaker 2: And while you're while you're looking for that, let's just touch on the Karma Magensky thing real quick, guys, any chance you see Carmen mcginsky realistically moved at the deadline? I put it very very low, And if it did happen, I would take that as a sign that they they wanted him out.
Speaker 3: If he's moved, it's not because they necessarily want to, it's because they just can't deal with them anymore. And I know that's been part of the conversation in the past. But if you move him too, you got to supplement him with another arm. So now you need to get three, Like are you going to Colorado with floating Majinski In a prospect for Senzatela.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I like it's I just don't see it. I would bet against it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would just be indicative to me that boy, they really wanted to remove that situation. And that's the way the only way I think it happens.
Speaker 3: Did you guys see Caleb ferguson the other day telling the choice words.
Speaker 6: I would hate it, but you know, yeah, Scott.
Speaker 5: This was the trade that was proposed.
Speaker 4: It was Luke Weaver and aj Minter for Wyatt Sanford and Jeter Martinez.
Speaker 6: I mean that's I do that. I don't know if the Mets do that.
Speaker 3: I don't know if the Mets. I don't think the Mets are going to be buying it. Jeter Martinez probably what like a hazus Traviso who just started pitching again over at Geter Martinez.
Speaker 6: But uh, I don't know. It just doesn't feel like enough to me.
Speaker 3: I would do it if they if they want to, because aj Minter fills a left handed arm in the pen, and you could say toutlu to Brandon Isisert and then you get Luke Weaver in the back end.
Speaker 6: I think too, like you.
Speaker 2: Gotta be careful with these trade proposals where they don't end up being like fantasy football trade proposals where you just keep adding guys to get the guy you want, but all three of the guys you're giving away guys, right, you know what I'm saying, Like, it's gotta be. It can't be like three eh for like a starter, you know what I mean, Like it's gotta be. You gotta give something legitimate somewhere in there.
Speaker 5: Let's move on.
Speaker 4: Rodney from X proposes why Sandford a common name mentioned here? Boys White Sanford, your Donnie del Santos, Rafael Floores, Murph Gray for Mason Miller would add the password if needed. I mean, it's just not gonna get a dine. Also for the Padres, I just don't see them.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think they would be very interested in Murph Gray as a potential headliner, like I think any team would be. Because right now you're looking at am I gonna have to move Florentino or Gray, hopefully not both those would be headline pieces offensively, But looking at this like it just seems like we're trying to dump your Donnie and Raffy, and I just don't think there will do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the whole app keep adding names until until it seems like.
Speaker 6: You've got enough. Murph and Wyatt are interesting.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm sure they're interested in both of those guys, But I just I think your Donnie could be moved for a a maybe a guy like our friend Ian brought up Jonathan Lewisaga, which I really like that idea with the Diamondbacks, although they're close to us, and we're very close in the standings right now, but I don't think any I don't think you're going to get anyone big with your Donnie La Santos unless it's like in a huge package like this, But even then you're not getting the best closer in baseball here.
Speaker 4: In near Cono Cano and Adley Rutchman for Eastern Carmichael. Whyatt Sanford in a flyer man? People really want to trade why at Sandford?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: They do?
Speaker 5: Diso man.
Speaker 4: Is it because it's a name people know, or it's like someone they just don't believe in, or they they want it to be a headliner.
Speaker 3: Interesting question though it's the first level of he's in the tier of guys. It's not named Rph Grade Edward Fotino, right, and I would say that Eastern Carmichael is pushing to be in that territory. To be honest with you, not yet, but I mean I think he's very undervalued as a prospect. Yeah, I know this doesn't get it done unfortunately.
Speaker 6: I think you're looking in your canoe. Would probably be a flying at that.
Speaker 3: And I don't think he's been anything special since he's debuted.
Speaker 2: But I like the thought, guys, is it necessary? Is Adli Rushman necessary?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: I don't think so, like with this with this team. I just I just.
Speaker 2: Feel like it's a distraction from what's really kind of needed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree. I agree.
Speaker 3: Now, if you feel like your your back stop is going to be Henry and Raffi for the rest of the year, then maybe you start.
Speaker 6: To think about Catcher.
Speaker 3: And I don't think on the magnitude of an Adlie Ruschman necessarily, but you know, you may dabble.
Speaker 5: Control is adly under right now, not much.
Speaker 2: I think he's a free agent after twenty eight, No, no, it's sooner than that.
Speaker 6: I think it would have to be twenty seven. Seeing the other year.
Speaker 4: Before twenty eight, he's a free agent, so you have him in ARB three next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's a good point. It's a good point.
Speaker 5: That's where I going with that.
Speaker 3: Zach Uh thoughts on Taylor Rod or Tyler Rogers sorry from the Blue Jays. Interesting, Oh wow, he's having a really good year. Yeah sure, I don't know. I'm kind of fixated on getting like a power arm to put in the back of that bullpen.
Speaker 5: You're just getting a different You're getting a much different look with Tyler Rogers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: I mean having a great year one five four e r A one or nine whip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's been lights out and they are they are going to start parting ways with some people in the in Toronto.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what do we got next, Adam, What do we have next?
Speaker 4: A lot of completely unrealistic proposals on here so far.
Speaker 5: Hopefully this has to be a troll.
Speaker 4: This is trolling. Sammy Stefford for Mike Burrows. Please stop it. Enough is enough, my my, I can only handle so much mentally throughout my days.
Speaker 3: And hear me out, hear me out, Sammy Sepia for Mason Miller. That now that guy's on a two first?
Speaker 5: Who hangs up first?
Speaker 6: I think Ben thinks about it.
Speaker 5: Ben, definitely about it.
Speaker 2: This trade suggestion is so bad that Adam's dog just crapped on the floor again.
Speaker 5: Dude, it's starting to smell real bad. Pretty soon.
Speaker 4: It's rough over here. I keep looking to my right and it's still there. I'm just hoping it goes away.
Speaker 6: Oh no, all right, let's see the next one.
Speaker 4: The next one we got here, got a couple from x We'll start with Nardo for Jim Stam.
Speaker 5: We're hanging up first.
Speaker 6: We're hanging up first Newcastle here, and I disagree.
Speaker 2: I think that both sides are upset.
Speaker 6: When this goes through.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, we're happy with how the operation is going here right now. So so Jim, you're safe for another year. All right, you're past the deadline. Yeah, let's go to the top one. Doug on Excess, Sammy Stefora, Xander Meath and Callen Moss for Cano and Tyler Wells. So I think we're like in terms of realistic like maybe like I feel like I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 5: This one's weird.
Speaker 4: Xander Meath pretty much has no real upside right like he he has legitimately struggled his entire professional career, and I think he's back on the complex again rehabbing. He just has the stuff is absolutely disgusting. He just can't stay in the zone and he can't stay healthy. Sammy Stephora is on a heater right now. I really like Callen Moss. I understand why people might want to sell on him. I mean, what do you guys think. I don't think this gets done for Baltimore, and.
Speaker 6: So I think they need another.
Speaker 3: I think they would need a more appealing piece like substudent Xander.
Speaker 6: I don't think they'd want Palent either.
Speaker 2: That's I think you have to come stronger with a main a more major piece there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you could headline it with like a Carmichael and maybe throwing a Lonnie White with Sammy Saphira.
Speaker 6: That could be interesting. But yeah, it's having a really good year, and so is Tyler Wells is I mean.
Speaker 3: One dot whip. I mean he's pretty been pretty solid too. So I mean these are all good suggestions as of relief relievers to acquire. I just I think we're just trying to dump some of the guys we don't want in our minor league system in some of these offers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta you got. It's gotta hurt a little. It's gotta hurt a little.
Speaker 4: Guys, we have in the chat DeNardo for picture Joey gallow what's going on with pitcher?
Speaker 5: Joey Gallo?
Speaker 2: By the way, I don't know, but I can dig for like a couple of days.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think that's happened with anybody right now.
Speaker 2: He cannot be right, I mean.
Speaker 6: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Let's see, let's just I I he's not. He's a free agent.
Speaker 6: That's hard, low risk signing, right there, boys.
Speaker 4: Joey Gallo, come on, we have Sho Heo Tani at home. It's Joey Gallo.
Speaker 5: Let's let's go to the next one right here.
Speaker 4: Password for literally any reliever, literally any I'm listening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who do you give me a name? There's a lot out there. I want to bring up this one right here. What value does Levi Sterling have?
Speaker 6: I think he has value.
Speaker 3: I think he's as value as a guy that you can include as an enticing piece in a you know, three prospect deal or whatever. He's a guy that I'm really high on. I think he's gonna take He's gonna be the next picture to take a step forward in this organization a lot with Mike.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you've been seeing the walks go down a little bit and the velos is staying consistent. I think he still has a lot more to work through. We kind of debated about this on the Down on the Farm episode the other day, which comes out every Tuesday.
Speaker 5: If you're looking for that. Does he finish the year in Greensboro?
Speaker 4: I said, maybe Scott thinks he stays down in Bradenton for a full year where they get him to go through. But that's a good problem to have, right Like, it's nice to see these guys starting to figure it out and seeing the upside that was there when they drafted him. But again, like Jim you mentioned it on our last live show, you got to have the stomach for this stuff. Man, gotta be okay parting with some of these guys that you can dream high on and most of them aren't gonna make it, at least in the pirate system.
Speaker 5: There's only so many spots. You gotta find the right fit.
Speaker 4: And uh, I think you know the answer is yes. I think people would be interested in Levi Sterling, but it's gonna be more of a If it's just Levi Sterling, it's not getting you a reliever right now.
Speaker 5: It's got to be packaged.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'd be like the second third piece more than likely and like a bigger deal. So interesting guy, right, you know, if the walks continue to come down, the fastball command gets better. I think this is a guy that's gonna rock it up boards here sooner rather than later. Maybe we see him Greens run next year, but we probably finish in Brandonton any other offers.
Speaker 5: Here, Adham, we don't. We don't.
Speaker 4: I thought we'd we got through these pretty quick because most of them. I'll be honest with everybody, They're not good.
Speaker 6: I'm just gonna be honest. They all sucked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's be real like, and I'm not saying I would do any better.
Speaker 5: There's just no winning at this point of the year.
Speaker 4: Like you could throw out whatever names and it sounds good, but like we don't know what other teams are valuing, or how they're rebuilding, or what you know, space they have on their rosters or who they're adding to the forty man, it's gonna be an interesting deadline. You thought the Reds were going to be out of it they're not. Now, that's one less reliever that's on the board. But Roda Fadmine was going to be a big name that would have likely gotten moved if the Red Sox continued on the trajectory that they were. They just lost what their first one out of fifteen, So it just makes the market all that it's much more tough now, right, Like you're gonna have to probably overpay to get one of these high end relievers, and even the second tier guys might command a little bit more on the market because there's not as many options.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, well go ahead, Jim No.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, let me. I mentioned this to you guys in a text earlier today. Foster Griffin. Doesn't that name, doesn't that situation that contract? Man, it seems like that would be attainable. Now, I'm sure a lot of teams would love to have him from you know, the Nationals, And now the Nationals I think are only a game and a half out, so they might not look to deal him anyway. But I just think that, like, man, would that be a super sneaky even if it's just a rental. Even if it's just a rental, and he goes out and capitalizes on this year that he's having. But I don't know that's about as big as I'm willing to dream when it comes to the deadline.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like Foster Griffin a lot.
Speaker 3: He's a guy a name that I brought up, you know, earlier on maybe a month ago. I think he's a very interesting army guy that you could slot in as like a long relieve or two, and it could also spell some guys and starts.
Speaker 6: He's that lefty. We've been looking for a guy that the type of guy that Ben.
Speaker 3: Historically loves, the soft tossing lefty, and he's got some good stuff. I think he'd be a different look compared to all the big rightis we have in our rotation. Outside of that, boys, I thought I just saw I thought I came across a potential morselo Zuna trade on on Twitter, but it was fake.
Speaker 6: So, you know, I am gonna go back to my regular programming.
Speaker 2: I know people have mentioned Robbie Ray a lot. I just don't think that there the money works there either, you know, Like so you know, I boy, it's uh slim pickens and a lot of teams feel they're still in it, and you know that makes a painful, painful day at the cash register when you got to pay.
Speaker 5: For some of this stuff. Some positives.
Speaker 4: Wilbrid Hotel looked incredible in his first game back, three in one hit, no runs. I don't know if he walked anybody either, looked really good.
Speaker 2: He looked really good.
Speaker 4: I mean Christian Curtis in the series before looked good. When he's able to come back. There's some options there. Those are more like middle relief options, right, They're not really solving your biggest issue in terms of high leverage arms. But we just got it. We got to survive these next eleven days.
Speaker 5: You got it.
Speaker 4: You gotta have a winning record going into the deadline because you know there's gonna be any excuse not to make the big move if they just kind of just float along and stay at five hundred or around there.
Speaker 2: And and anybody not named Mason Miller, guys, is there any closer out there that? Because I still look at it, like, when we get to the ninth inning right now, are you not terrified, like like I mean like terrified, Jim, Well, yes, yes, but the pirates increase terrifying levels. But like that to me, is like, is there anybody out there that can close some ballgames that you can at least slot into that role? Because I just right now I don't I don't know who you would even put.
Speaker 3: I think the closest to a closer you could probably acquire Zephyr John from Angels Sendell.
Speaker 6: Is he closing?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think he has Kirby Yates, but he's like forty the Angels like they have like a couple of guys that are closing.
Speaker 6: But I mean, yeah, I think that's.
Speaker 2: The problem though, right Like it's like if who who Who's going to be the back end? Like when you have to get out of you know, when you got to close out a game and it's a one run ball game or whatever. Who is that?
Speaker 6: Who?
Speaker 3: Can it be a Jared Triolo batting helmet? I absolutely need that, MAULSI give that to me. I need it.
Speaker 2: What did I What did I miss? Batting helmets? What are we doing here?
Speaker 4: Jared?
Speaker 5: He's an avid Jared Truolo.
Speaker 2: Uh lover, Yeah, I just didn't see a post on batting helmet.
Speaker 4: So now, uh, this one is interesting. Are you guys that thought process? We dropped tot him in too fast or do you have the belief that he needed a change of scenery.
Speaker 5: He needed a.
Speaker 6: Change change scenery.
Speaker 4: It's sometimes it's with relievers as well.
Speaker 5: Sometimes they just need a change of scenery.
Speaker 4: What we got here, Zachary Holderman needed Carl Willis to unlock him wasn't gonna happen in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: Uh. Louis Varland from the Jays, interesting name.
Speaker 6: I wonder what that price tag would look like, though.
Speaker 5: Probably pretty high.
Speaker 6: I would think, so.
Speaker 5: Pretty pretty good year. Paul Seawold, you are a pirate.
Speaker 3: I mean that's a fun like veterand to bring in because, like I keep saying, I love the young arms we have, especially at the top of the system. You can't rely on these guys to go into a postseason, like you shouldn't have to write. They're nice, nice depth right now, and they're guys that are probably gonna be a big part of the future of this organization.
Speaker 6: But to be nice to have some veteran presence back there.
Speaker 5: Who's gonna who's gonna fold first?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 4: Man at this deadline, Like there's always that one move that shocks the world. But I don't know.
Speaker 5: Jord Onto the Rays, you think that's the move they make.
Speaker 3: I think I think the Rays and Brewers might make a splash this year. Fine it and I think the Rays, especially because the Al is theirs to take.
Speaker 6: Yeah, who else in the Central or West are gonna compete with the Rays.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be a hot Yankees.
Speaker 3: Are the second team that I would take in that in aar right now.
Speaker 5: The Red Sox are hot.
Speaker 6: But they're not healthy. Uh, you know, we'll see.
Speaker 5: Do they buy you know, it's it's it's really really interesting.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess we'll see, right, Well, we'll see in the next eleven days. We have the Cubs for yinzer paluz a weekend that's gonna be a tough one man. As you mentioned, Boyd and iman Aga, who the Pirates have historically just been atrocious against, Like there's not really another word to describe it, as they just he's been unhittable when he's been with the Cubs against the Pirates. So hopefully some of that yinser Palooza magic rubs off on the players this weekend. But really, big series. It hasn't gotten any easier this month. When we thought maybe the schedule is going to lighten up a little bit. It really hasn't because you found yourself in a position where you're in it.
Speaker 5: You're in the wildcard chase, you got a spot.
Speaker 4: Now you gotta keep climbing the ladder and fight off everybody trying to climb that same ladder. It's not going to be easy, and you can't make it difficult on yourself. You can't lose ballgames that you should win. Where at the point where it just it's not acceptable anymore. You can't just write it off. Every game matters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's getting to the point where those those those bullpen games that you're losing. Now, boy, it gets harder and harder to overcome it. The Cubs, I mean, yeah, as bipolar as they've been, they're twelve games over five hundred and look pretty firm now in the in the wild card thing. So you know, this looks like it's coming down to maybe one wild card spot, maybe just one.
Speaker 6: Yep, that's what it's. That's what it feels like. Adam, how's the stench? Yeah, let's get up.
Speaker 4: I'm actually starting to get used to it as as we keep talking. So maybe we just keep this show going forever and I never have to clean this up.
Speaker 5: It's it's it's like a good foot long of poop.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's impact impressive.
Speaker 5: Actually yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And to make matters worse, when I woke up this morning, there was poop on Like something's going on with her stomach right now because this never happens, so she must have ate something. But yeah, there's a lot of poop that I got to clean up and it just never goes well. I it a little bit, even gets on my finger. I'm gonna throw up.
Speaker 2: Now. Are we talking hard hardwood, carpets, tile, what do we got because that's a big that's a big thing here.
Speaker 4: It's hardwood, like real hardwood, which makes it worse because you gotta like get there's like little slits like my story is, Yeah, yeah, there's poop in my floor, for sure.
Speaker 5: There's this. My part.
Speaker 4: My place used to be in old basketball gym. It's in a school, so my floor is where the basketball gym used to be. Anytime Scott comes over, he just starts squeaking his freaking sneakers all over the floor. So there's little tiny cracks in between each piece of hardwood and there's poop in there.
Speaker 5: Now, So what do you can do about it.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know that's a problem for Adam in like the next five minutes.
Speaker 3: All right, boys, this was fun eleven days until the trade deadline. Cubs are food this week and Diamondbacks are food subject to the Wolf Game. I think everything takes off after Monday. To be honest with you, I think that is gonna be when when.
Speaker 6: They play the World Series tape. You're just gonna start with us howling at the top of the rotunda.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's plug it real quick.
Speaker 4: Monday, July twenty seventh, twenty twenty six, will be on top of the rotunda for the Wolf Game, and it will be magical. I'm telling you, you're not gonna want to miss it. Monday, it's already a bad day of the week. You gotta go to work after a weekend, hopefully after a winning weekend for the Buckos, but really, you got to start it all over again. You're gonna get the PNC Park, You're gonna get a standing room ticket, You're gonna make your way up to the top of the rotunda.
Speaker 5: You're gonna wear your.
Speaker 4: Best Wolf shirt or apparel, whatever it may be, and you're gonna come hang out with the boys. And we're gonna have a good time and we're gonna how I'll tell you that we're gonna.
Speaker 6: Be out lords this weekend. Rest the vocal courts and and.
Speaker 2: Let that chest hair out. Let that chest hair flow Jared Jones style, because I mean, that's what that's what you know, it's a wolf game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all about this poop?
Speaker 4: Well, hey, listen, We appreciate everybody for listening. If you're not already, make sure you subscribe to the YouTube channel, leave a comment, tell a friend to tell a friend. If you're listen to this later on, download the episode's leap a.
Speaker 5: Five star review. Go to the website.
Speaker 4: We didn't get into the cubs recap, but that's gonna go right to your inbox. All you have to do is go to the buckobanter dot com, put your email in when our faces show up with Alipino Hannah, and then go to your inbox, opt in, and then you'll get the entire recap.
Speaker 5: You'll get this episode in your inbox as well, and much much more.
Speaker 4: To everybody that ordered Yellowbridge Vintage shirts, they should be either at your home or there this upcoming week. So we appreciate all the love for that the shirts are awesome. Maybe more to come along with that in the future, but we really appreciate everybody for listening.
Speaker 5: And until next time, hoist it, hoist it.
Speaker 2: Scoop it hoist it.
Speaker 1: Been cease and the pirates can't they let me run the base? Yeah, my time is like my money because I can't afford to waste. Oh why see is alloyan tag my date?
Speaker 2: To my dates?
Speaker 1: Or to stick by the plate sitting