Speaker 1: Start up, dot Up, start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start up, Brooklyn Boys, start up up, They making noise up, start Up, dot.
Speaker 2: Up, Episode two fifty six of the Brooklyn Boys podcast. You know, and another week is upon us? How great is that we've been given this wonderful gift of having another week with the Brooklyn Why are you stalling? Why are you stalling? I'm not stalling real life. The kids at the spelling Bee, who say, can I hear it using a sentence? Can I have the definition? Because you're stalling? That's sound weird opening what that sounded like an affirmation video? Ah ah, here we other week that's got the classic DJ Monday thing.
Speaker 3: We made it.
Speaker 2: We made it to the weekend and then you do Friday. We made it through the week. It's really I'm just saying we've been at this since what twenty sixteen, twenty seventeen? Yeah, who's counting? And I'm just thinking we're really blessed. A lot of podcasts don't last more than like a year or a few episodes. Yeah, here we are, like all these years into it, and we barely like each other. Barely, although I have to say I like you a little less based on how long it took you to get the equipment working today. Yeah, I'm a little exasperated. I'm not gonna lie. The more high tech I try and take the podcast, the more problems we have. It's like mo money, more problems. You broke the nine million mark this month, and you with the equipment, you're at nine to one. We're using different software. Yeah, I've upgraded my webcam. We're using the road Caster Pro two. God knows what happened to the Roadcaster one. Who knows how it's being used. I all I know is that I gave it to you to sell, and some dude brought bought it off me and some dude it was TJ Right, you know, T White, T White, T White, a ty dollars sign no who no. I was supposed to start his own podcast. I have not heard an update yet. Maybe he can't get the equipment to work. Now that worked, this is the new equipment. It doesn't work. It doesn't. Literally twenty minutes of waiting for Scary to move levers and buttons and it's he says, all right, I got He finally gets it. He says, I memorized all the settings. I said, take a picture no, I got it all memorized. Everyone else in the world takes a picture. Okay, I have to ask what's that giant stack? So okay, I'll be paint the picture. Yeah, paint the picture. Scary's camera faces his uh dining well. It's an area in the corner of his living room where he's stuck a table. It's called the diet. It's not a diet. It's the it's the butt end of your living room. The area is called the dynat well. First of all, the area is the dining area. And that is a dinete there, fortune table, right, They charged you money by calling it a dinete. It's a living room that was big enough to put a table in the corner. You're five feet from a chair in the living room and the rug in the living rooms. That's where I eat my breakfast at my dinner. Okay, you could eat in the bathroom. It doesn't make it. A kitchen is for cooking. I can't fit a table in my kitchen. Scary Gout suckered that he bought a one bedroom apartment with a living room and a dinet. It's not a dinet, please, okay, So there's a table behind him which I've never seen him eat at. There's never food, right are your first? Has never a glass. He's very clean, cleans up a lot. He's scary, keeps the house very clean. But I'm looking in the background and there's a giant stack of papers, which is very unlike Scary to have this clutter, and he hates clutter. So I'm wondering what that stack is The only clutter in my entire apartment is that stack of paper? Yeah, it's just old bills, old documents, shit that needs to be shredded, essentially, and maybe a few things that I want to hold on to. But I've been procrastinating because i haven't had a chance to go through the dance pile. So I'm waiting for a rainy day for me to sit here and then shred every single because I bought a paper shredder so I can shred all that stuff, the old bills. That's also so I'm just waiting now. Yet, it's an iesore. It's an I sort of me, it's an I sort of you. But what the hell are you going to do with it? Well, why do you have it on the side of the table that's in the camera shot? Why don't you move it out of camera shot? You do a video podcast Speaking Volumes, which, by the way, I guessed it on last episode, which just got posted right on social media. You can see the link. Go on my social media at David Brodie at Scary Jones at Speaking Volumes and you'll see video. I made a cameo on their podcast. Yeah, Bridie and I were getting ready for we're supposed to do this podcast. We had an appointment. And although if you don't do a video podcast, we still watch each other on video thanks to the upgrade of the software of the equipment, so we get to see each other. However, I was using that video chat room to record my Speaking Volumes video podcast with Share and you came busting through. Now I kind of knew you were coming because I let me in. I saw you knocking on the door of the meeting room, so I started to weave you into the fabric of what I was talking about behind shares back. It was very funny. It was very funny. So go go watch that after this, because you've already listened to this, so that's fine. But then you'll get a clipse of hout. Brody and I see each other while we're recording the Brooklyn Boys podcast, right, But more importantly, why is that stack of papers in the camera shots? Seems I'm professional, well, because we're not recording this for video, because you already said that we're not recording and we're not releasing video for the Brooklyn Booys. Okay that that stack is not in the shot for the Speaking Volumes podcast. Oh okay, are you taking a picture of it right now? Yeah, I'm taking a taking a picture of what we look like. We smile at least, damn it. I gotta crop it. Okay, gee are you smiling? Smiling in hi? See they go okay, alright, cool. So anyway, but I'm in the dark. I'm not well lit right now, because I gain you're not Oh you're not lit. I'm not lit. I don't care about the what I look like. I don't care about the lighting because we're not doing it. We're not releasing this for video.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I would like to put this on video. I'd like to put this out there for the slices, but you look like crap and your video is terrible. You have no lights on. I mean I could do that, I could put there. I can turn my light off look I'm in the dark note too. Okay, good, oh, okay, all right, all right, fine, whatever it is. My point is we're talking about a whole lot of nothing right now. No, but right now, you look like like a mafia witness with the shadows over you on the talk show, so no one can see you. I look like the banker on Dealer, No Deal. Yeah, that's the thing that's like. Yeah, anyway, so that stack hopefully will be gone someday, but it's already been there for two and a half years, so I can't promise that you're not going to see it next week anyway. It's only visible to you, not to the slices. No, now, it's gonna be visible on my social media because I'm putting that shit up. Oh feel free? How about that? How about that? Anyway? I was trying desperately to get tall Darren on the phone. But yeah, he's fucked us again by being in the country. You know, he lives in London. It's his five six o'clock. Yeah. Yeah, and that's it. That's the end of that. I mean, he's not he's not answering the phone. I even just tech checked with him again. I did WhatsApp. Hey, why do other company companies? Why do other countries favor WhatsApp? Do you know that only America and Americans have this love affair with the I message on iPhone the blue don't blue bubbles? Well, you don't. You first of all, are the minority in this country. You are Android. That's not true in this country. In other countries, there's really no such In another countries, the I message is is not really used. They use. They use what's app because it's a bunch of Android phones talking to each other. Are you googling it? Brody has to be right here? It comes no, I don't want to be right hold on iPhones are fifty seven percent roughly Android, forty two percent roughly in America. In other countries catching up, bitch, it's seven in other countries it's like seventy five percent other and then twenty five percent iPhone. So they use WhatsApp as their chat messaging, you know whatever, Well they use that. There's another one. It's a purple logo. I forget what it's called. I don't know whatever. Hoser hoser something with an ear at the end. Anyway, uh Like Asia has their own Asia uses a different one. They use the line app. They different countries use different apps, like What's app? Right, Okay, but I prefer being wdw DA. I like, I like my own message, so you know what I think. You guys get like bent out of shape over absolutely nothing. Your color is wrong? Your color? Then use regular text message. So anyway, you know I wanted to I before I decided I wanted to get down on the phone. I have something else going on. You know. Uber ratings have been in the news because you now can get a breakdown of how many one star reviews you had versus two versus three. I told you my rating was like four point nine. I was pissed. Let's see. Let's see now how many one star ratings David Brodie has. Let's do that. Let's open up your Uber. Okay, let's I can't possibly have any one star ratings? Oh no, no, I'm really nice and I'm along at home. Here's how we do this, okay, okay, tell me how what am I looking for? Account? You're gonna go to account, you know settings?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Hold on one second? Account, then settings, account looking for settings. They got it? Then privacy. Click on privacy. M hm, click on privacy center. All right, don't have that. Oh there it is. Then scroll see summary. You want to see summary of your your Uber travels. Right, see summary. I'm looking for summary. It should be right up at the front all products, rides, driving and delivering Uber eats. It's a gray Button'll see summary. Got it, and then scroll down view my ratings. Scroll down? All right, everyone one could do this, view my orders, view my ratings. Boy, they they really do because they don't want you to know. But anyway I would writ ratings. I would predict that you have no less than ten one stars. How many one stars rides? If you had David Brody. By the way, this is zero, get out zero. I'll hold my on. You don't hold on. You don't well, you don't use zuber enough. I mean tips. How many trips have you how many trips have you taken? Ever? Yeah, based on the last five hundred trips. You can't see it. Whatever it is, I've taken fourth I've taken four thousand trips. Can you see it? Yeah? You have twenty two? Oh yeah, it keep going all the way in four point eight seven. By the way, I got you beat. I'm a four point I got a two star review from some prick I would love to know who gave me two stars. Someone gave me two stars. One person gave me a two star review. Why in the world what would I what did I do to get a two star? And why would you give a two star? If you're pissed in someone, you give them one star? Why would I have gotten a two star? I'm so fucking mad right now. So I've taken over four thousand rides and I have and they don't tell you I have two Now that doesn't get that granular. But anyway, I have one star reviews two so and I could pinpoint them to the times that my friend was in the back seat mouthing off. We had like four of us in there. The guy was unhappy. I'm like and I could just tell him, like, this is gonna be one of those days. And then the other time had to be on Halloween night when me and myc Gruffen were coming back from my buddy's house and she got so sick that she had a vomit and and and we had to pull over to the side of the road. She opened the door bit and then did it again like two three times. Then we had a bag. I was holding a bag up to her face. So both times it had to be other people that were fucking with me that that made my rating go down. That's my two one stars. Now I also have a couple of two star, a couple of three star reviews. I think it was because back during post COVID, like right right up against the post COVID times, when they allow you to take your mask off, I was very brazen and I said, fuck it, I'm not wearing a mask because I never wanted to wear one to begin with. So I give you one star. I think, well, the guys, the Uber drivers are wearing masks. Masks were optional for passengers, and I think that they punished me by giving me three star reviews. Yeah, I give you one either way. I got a four point ninety six overall, all right, because I've taken all those rides. Well, I need to take more rides. I have a four eight seven. I need to get that up. I'm still pissed about that fucking idiot on eBay who ruined my my fucking I'm still fight with Ebail over there still. Yeah. Yeah, because you gotta let it go. I can't let it no, no, no, let it go. You'll be a happier person. I think you'll live longer too. I think, why would I want to live longer? For my all this grief and shit. I'm just saying, you know, you know you'll have maybe your blood pressure will benefit from this. All right? As soon as they low up they raised my rating back up to a hundred. I'll be fine. Until then, I'm going to keep hacking them. Happens to bothering them, calling them, Hey, why are you wear an orange sunglasses for? Or orange? Are those bifocals?
Speaker 4: What the hell is that?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, he is where its legitimately like like orange blood orange class. No, it's Mets Orange, Mets Orange, Mets orange frames. Are those Mets glasses?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, they're just orange frame glasses that match the Brooklyn Boys logo behind me. They look great for Halloween. No, I only put them on because the font was small on something I was trying to read to you. I don't wear glasses, but why would you choose them to begin with? Like why would you buy orange glasses?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I bought these? Oh, I know it was a seal, No, it was a multi pack. It was a multi pack. It was on sale. It was a multi No, it was a multi pack on Amazon. I bought like a four pack and I wanted to get the blue and black ones, and one of them they said was red And it's not red, it's orange. Wait a scamboity is that? Why would you need a multi pack? Well? I needed to buy a few UH readers for one of the fund gone eventually stop working. I don't get it. Why do you need why do you need four pairs of the of the glasses that do the okay for anyone who wears readers or any kind of glasses or like temporarily not not permanently. Because I picked them up and I put them on a read like small font on our like on our our benefits card for work. The numbers are ridiculously small anyway, you put them in each room, scary so that when you need them you're like, oh, there they are, and they break. So if one breaks, have another pair. But I have one one in my bedroom, one in one in the UH office here where I do the podcasting, and one in the living room. Okay, when you have to put glasses on America occasionally to read small font, you need to put readers on, so that like, I don't know one pair that you don't need. They have a five bedroom house. If I need to read something, I'm gonna go running around the house looking for the one pair of glasses. Does that make any sense to you? I guess it doesn't. I right, Oh, I'm sitting watching television. I need to grab my readers. Oh they're upstairs. Let me ask you this. Yeah, do you have more than one toothbrush? So from where you travel it's already packed up for Do I need to wear a toothbrush at spur the moment while I'm watching television. No, But I'm just saying like I have too. I have two toothbrushes. I have one travel travel one, Yes, travel one. You don't just pack your toothbrush and say I'm moving this around. So I'm just by the same logic. I'm actually supporting you on this. Now, I actually have three toothbrushes. Do you want to get technical? Okay, what's the third one for? Well, I have one for travel and I don't want to sound I don't want to sound like a deck. But I have a master bedroom right where I have my toothbrush, and then I have a toothbrush in the bathroom outside in the hallway where when I used to get up for work, I would get dressed in the morning there, so I would brush my teeth during the week in that bathroom and on the weekends in the master bath. So I have fair enough. It sounds it's not fancy. It's just the bathroom in the three rightout cars rush. But again, toothbrushes aren't spur of the moment, like, oh, I have a pair of readers in my car because if I don't want to drive home to go get them. If I need my glasses, if I had a pair of prescription glasses, you'd wear them on your face all the time, right, Yeah, you wouldn't need that many more pairs of glasses. You'd have a backup in case the first pair of brakes. You should always have at least two. Okay, you know, get belligerent about it, No, fuck you. I don't like being questioned, all right. I want to question you though. What you You and Gandhi from from the Morning Show both put up video or you put it up and Gandhi reposted it. I guess you were driving a home. I'm gonna put this on social media. At some point this week you were in I guess the garage where you park at work. I don't recognize it. I guess that's where you were, and you would next to a black, nicer car, a much nicer car. It was a really you could just say what it was. It was a lambo. Yeah. I have to assume it's someone who works with you, who has a microphone, you know, somebody in one of them radio stations. It's not Elvis, he doesn't have a lambo. No, but it's somebody's a nice car, Okay. And you can't open your door because you're too close to the lambo, and you post it. You can go at Scary Jones. It's the story is probably gone. Scary should repost that. And he's complaining that this guy parked too close to Scari's car. Right, Well, your argument, when you park, you know, perpendicular, when you park like like you know, like a target parking lot for instance, everyone knows, okay, you're next to you park next to each other. You need to you need space to get in your car. Yeah. So so this really much nicer and probably four times the cost of my car car at least, Yeah, is a fucking this is amazing looking car. Sick it is crossy part of it. When I post this on on social that car was very close. Now, that car was not there when I left my car, but when I came back to my car, it was sitting there. So I'm like, why would somebody park so close to my door? Knowing that I'm gonna have to get in some I'm not gonna have any room to get in to my door, so I have to slide squeeze in. I had the tiniest crack when I when I opened the door. I hear that when I opened the door caused me causes me pooping problems. The tiniest crack when I go to when I go to open my door I had. I literally had this like kind of slither in and hold the door so so it doesn't holdin. You don't get that. I do, Okay, the House of Slytherin, I get it. Oh, very nice. But I had to hold onto the door handle from the inside and pull it toward me because I'm trying to squedge my way into to get in to sit down in my seat sideways, because if I go and get further, I'm dinging that guy's door. I'm dinging to his passengers. Can we agree that fourth quarter Scary would have had to walk home? I would you would not have been able to get to get it from the other side and crawl over the dashboard or something. Fourth quarter Scary could not do that. Yeah, all right. So first of all, I'm looking at the picture. You backed into the spot, which you know I hate. Second of all, I don't know how I back hundred spots either. And keep in mind that spot I have to back into because that's a parking garage. It's an active parking garage, and they they want you to back into that spot. Okay, I don't have l a parking like we had at the old place downtown. They do, but you didn't want them to park your car on this given day I parked, Okay. So you don't know for a fact whether or not the garage parked that Lambeau or you, you know, the guy who owns it parked it. I would imagine I know who it is. If I think who it is, they dropped that car off and had some peon pocket for them, probably, and because of that, and I don't think anyone who in their right mind who owns a car that expensive, would risk would risk getting it scratched. So they Yeah, so I was really shocked. I was shocked to see a car so nice so close to my car. I'm like, whoa, this is the pressure clean because some people wouldn't give a fuck, you know, But maybe he feel a lamb bow. I guess you could just get it, you know, a new one. Or maybe he thought maybe he thought, hey, look, or she or she maybe here's maybe based on maybe hears she thought that you envy, you have car envy. You're very funny. Maybe maybe here she thought that this car next to me is so damn nice. It's a bet it's a convertible BMW that maybe they will take great care and pride in opening their doors, will be extra careful because it was a nineteen eighty four ship box Royale. Maybe they would park further away. Yeah, because this way, because they know that that person wouldn't give a fuck when they're opening their door, right, you know what I'm saying, Like, we know that the owner of the Beamer will take great care in opening their door because they don't want to get their car scratched as much as a crush. Yeah, when you when you're at the mall, you're a target and you see a guy he's parked badly. Right, how do you know he parked badly? You look at the car? What do you look at on to see if it's crooked? And I look to see if they're over the line? Over the line right, because the line is it helps you decide where's your park right of course, if someone's over the line, away, where the one? They're the one who's not right if you're over the line. Yeah, okay. So when you guys look at the picture that I'll post on Instagram, you will see clearly that the Lambeau is about a foot from the yellow line and Scary's car is about an inch from the yellow line. Therefore, Scary, it's your fucking fault. No, it's talking too close to a yellow line. You parked two clock. He's parked perfectly centered in the spot. You are almost on the yellow line. Therefore it's your fault. Mike drop, No, it's not. No, it's not it's not my fault. I'm not over the line. You're on the line and he's not. You're closer to the line. Therefore it's your fault. Repeat after me. It's my fuck. Okay, say, but here's the problem, here's the getting want to be rolling out of the car. This morning, Andrew and Sam both had to get out of the car on the passenger side, and the car to my right, uh huh was part close to the line. So I'm like, wait a minute, you're gonna scratch my car. So I actually had to I had to give them more room on their side. So it's your fault. But I had to give them room on their side because the guy. That guy was over the line. Right, Okay, so you willingly park too close to the other line. You know what you could have done. You let them get out and then you pull into the spot, or you pull back out when you realize there's no room. Hey, guys, get out so I can pull in a That's how people do it. That's how good old Americans do it. Wow. So so you you let the guy on your right dictate your ass being more to the line. So it's your fault you couldn't get in the car. I mean, ultimately it's that guy's fault. But then you compounded it. You look at the picture, Yeah, you look at your phone. You look at the picture. Look how close you are to a yellow see you posted that like, haha, look at me? I was wronged? No, you were wrong? Shit, And if I if, I'm if I'm that black car owner, I'm checking for scratches because I'm looking ato that picture. And maybe it's the angle, but it looks like your door is resting on his rear fender. That's a forty thousand dollars fender, just for that fenders something else I am are? I yeah, you really are. No one else would have caught you, but I caught you. You are a piece of shit. Scary was wrong. I'm not wrong. No, I'm not wrong. I'm not wrong. You're not wrong, and talked on the line and then complained about the guy next to you who's talked perfectly. You could no, but I'm not over the line, which makes me not wrong. It makes you partially wrong. Two stars, two stars, Rember Boys Podcast.
Speaker 4: We will be right back.
Speaker 2: I have some money questions for you, okay, and I think you you you more than anyone could help me with them. Okay, okay, So uh I'm gonna give you two quick stories and then I'm gonna en need your advice. So you sent me a video of the most annoying female voice on TikTok, reviewing her favorite delis right, jewish delis Yes, Oh my god, are we gonna play this audio?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You want to play, I'll hold it up. I'll get the audio. But she's the most fucking annoying with the most annoying place. I'm gonna play it my phone. I want to. She's trying so and by the way, you're gonna hear her say melty cheese. Can we get rid of the melty cheese and the succulent shrimp thing? All cheese melts. She's got no adjectives in her vocabulary, melty cheese, melty. She knows the words sweet, she knows the words right. You'll hear a pattern developing. I got it. When you see a commercial and they tell you, like Taco Bell, the melty cheese. If you can't say anything more definitive and delicious about cheese, you shouldn't be in affected melts. That's like melty ice. Oh look at the ice. It's melty. And guess what she's melts. If you're a real food blogger and you're professional, you should have a little bit more of an arsenal in your vocabulary, and there's one sentence she uses I wanted to reach through the phone and strangle her. You'll hear it, and I'll make a reference afterwards. So let's play that. And one of the sandwiches she talks about, I think is CATS's Deli. Maybe it's a twenty nine dollars Pistrawmi sandwich or Combe sandwich whatever. And all the comments on this video are people. I'm going to educate you guys afterwards who don't understand what Jewish food means. But go I play this awful, awful girl.
Speaker 3: Jewish delis for a full day in New York City. We started at one of the oldest and most famous delis in the city. I got this massive room and that came with this thick, creamy Thousand Island dressing and the melty cheese with a super thin savory corn leave, and then the rye was really buttery and cunecheet, and the sauerkraut was so But of course I had to get a bagel with locks. I'd tried it without the other toppings just to see what it tasted like. And the smoked salmon liver.
Speaker 2: Had melts into my mouth.
Speaker 3: It was so buttery, and the cream cheese was thick, and the guy said their fries were incredible. They gave me so many and they were actually really flavorful, super well seasoned, and piping hot. They also make all of their cheesecake in house. Look at how massive this piece was really so creamy and smooth, and the crust was buttery. I was full after for dinner, we still had to hit up the famous Cat's Delli, So they give you a ticket when you come in. Don't lose the ticket. Then you stand in line for a cutter who gives you a little taste test. And I ordered my fastraw me juicy, which means it's extra fatty. Then they bring you all your food and don't forget to bring a cash tip, okay, And then look at how gorgeous and rich and juicy and tender this meat was from my thought, and the mustard is super sharp, it's all so savory.
Speaker 2: And ask that they're half.
Speaker 3: Sour pickles, which are still crunchy but also really tangy. And then you got to get the hot dog with mustard and sauer Kraut, and Chris the snappiest hot dog he ever had. It literally like popped in your mouth and the matsaba literally like so soft and melted in my mouth, super salty and juicy.
Speaker 2: Shalty and Jewish salty and juicy and it's butter. Okay, by the way, I've never wanted a cold cox someone more in the face this woman ready here, No literally like I would never literally like I would never raise my hands to a woman. Okay, I met that euphemistically, but man, oh man, she's got the most annoying fucking voice on social media, Brodie. Literally it takes literally popped or like popped, it can't literally. And like, there's another one. There's another woman on social media who's a second place, close second. But the way she talks like this, and everything is like this, and oh my gosh, everything is like buttery and it's like juicy. But hold on, but wait, it gets better, brody, because if you go to her page and I have, I can't, and you watch her videos, everything is buttery, everything is juicy, and everything she talks like this. Let me just play my first.
Speaker 3: Time Zaxby's this kick and chicken sandwich, little fire. Look at how crispy and buttery the Texas to this boy added extra tongue towards sauce and ran, so it was like super saucy, and the chicken was definitely crispy and super tender, not quite.
Speaker 2: As superass canes.
Speaker 3: But Zach's post was way better in my opinion. I added extra seasoning to the fries so they had a lot more flavor. They weren't very crispy, but the Zaxby sauce was fireper.
Speaker 2: And she's repeating adjectives. In the same post she says the same five words eleven times everything.
Speaker 3: I letting my followers decide everything I do. On my last day in New York, a lot of you guys had to go to the Feline, which is a free public park built on an old abandoned subway track, and it's lined with artwork like the very spinning black Tornado that weirds me out for some reason. But my favorite thing to do is fantasized about living in these big bubble apartments and just people watching all day. Anyway, the most requested thing to do was see a Broadway show, and I heard so many good things about Shucked out of Control, and the voices had me deceased, like so much talent.
Speaker 2: I also it's shucked. Oh my god, I've deceased. She's deceased.
Speaker 3: Letting the chef decide everything I eat in New York. This is chef David Jew. I am obsessed with him. He's so sweet.
Speaker 2: That's you, yeah, decide everything I eat in New York.
Speaker 3: This is Chef David Jew. I am obsessed with him. He's so sweet. He just started ordering us a bunch of dishes. He said his favorite was the Korean style chicken and waffle and the sauce.
Speaker 2: How many things, how many things are going to be buttery, you see?
Speaker 3: And then the wall had cheddared cheese that actually so much flavor, said, we had to try the Benedict Rorial, which had these big chunks of tender lobster and truffle Holland Days. It was super buttery, like really rich. Ella French toast was my favorite. It had the calized and then the toast was pan fried. It was so crispy, crunchy, and the hazelnut sauce was so thick and so chocolately. Oh my god. And he was so sweet too. He brought us this orange, but it wasn't an orange. It was actually this creamy passion for dessert that was covered in crunchy white chocolate and filled with this sweet poached.
Speaker 2: I hate her me too, seriously, seriously a full.
Speaker 3: Day in New York. I put out a poll on ig and a lot of people said Chinatown, but specifically leaning at viral food spots for a full day. I've been seeing this Tai Whese fried chicken spot all over my for you page. They have these massive chicken cutlets and bobo where the lid is a eating at bakeries for a full day in New York City. First time we went to Supermoon Baked, I literally bought one of like everything I couldn't resist. They have a Ferreira rochet cruffin that's still with this silky hazelnut cream and crunchy hazelnuts and ruffin is super fleaky. They also have a peaches and cream cruffin with homemade peach.
Speaker 2: It's always super brody, super And.
Speaker 3: Look just this blueberry croissant was. It was filled with this smooth blueberry curd that was so tangy. And then this croissant was filled with macha almond cream that was almost savory, and it had this fluffy butter cream.
Speaker 2: On socy butter sicy. Okay, give her, give out her, give out her accounts so people can go, you know, hate it. Two million followers on TikTok three, three hundred seventy we know, then three hundred and seventy five thousand on Instagram. Okay, okay, she's doing so I'll say this. She's doing something right. She's got to be doing something right right because she's got a huge following. But I guess just can't believe people watch and listen voice that she's very good at the video. I have to say she's and everything look great. She stitches it together properly, she's graced. Her facts are off. He doesn't know what things are called. It's the high Line is not a subway. Subways go underground. Well no, no, no, no, there are subways in New York that are above ground. But the high Line was a high was a freight train line. It was. It used to go through building, lobby building, and it was elevated the whole way. Anyway. Yeah, the thing is the food descriptions. Yeah, everything you go into cats as Deli butter, they don't. You don't. They don't give you a slice of pastrami or whatever. It's not a taste. It's not a taste test. It's a sample. You know. A taste test is like when you compare two things and you want to see which is better. Like, oh, they gave me a taste test. It's not a test. You can eat it and you love it and hold on. In her defense on this one, you're basically getting it. Literally, she's literally saying what it is. It is, here's a taste test to test it, to see how when you when you go for an ice cream to see if she likes it, you see you ask for it. It's not a test. It's not a taste test. You're saying a test. A taste test has to be a comparison at all time. When you use the phrase I'm gonna do a taste test, it's like I'm comparing coke and PEPSI. You're not testing it against anything. It's I took it sample. I got to talk. But you could test something to see if it's good or rancid against You can test your opinion is ransid. You could test it against itself. Yeah, but that's not what a taste test is. Okay, let's world, every okay, everybody on the comments section, who aren't Jewish or all commenting. I thought, if it's kosher, you can't have cheese on your meat. Jewish food doesn't mean kosher food. I just want to lay that out. Go go google the difference that everybody in there is wrong, and they're like, and one person's like, oh, thousand dollars dressing. That's what they call Russian dressing in Jersey, but in New York it's Russian dressing. No Russian dressing in thousand all dressing are two different dressings. That is correct. Yeah, thank you. Well, dude, you're not gonna get smart reading comment sections of any threat. I know, all right, my next my next thing for expense. Oh okay, So so the Postromi or the Cornbyfo whatever she was talking about is like twenty nine dollars, and she says, make sure you leave a cash tip because you can't put a tip on the credit card. Okay. So this one guy in the comments section says, fuck that, I only bring enough money for the food. I pay for the food. I don't have to pay the servers. If I don't have cash, I'm not giving them a tip if I don't have enough money to cover it, So that's a douchebag right there. Yeah, so people were saying to him, hey, you were you know, you're not paying for the service, you're paying for the food. You tip for the service. And he's like, well, don't tell me. If I can't afford the tip, I shouldn't go out to eat. That's exactly correct if you're not factoring in the cost of a tip on purpose, Like if you accidentally don't have enough money, I get it. But if you go to a place that sells twenty nine dollars Pstrawmi sandwiches and you take that out on a waitress because you only brought thirty dollars, that's not cool. So of course not factor it in. Once again, Brodie, you're talking about the trolls on threads, on comment, but not just to produce people aren't They're not the brightest. Some restaurants could pay their staff fifteen twenty dollars an hour, but then they're going to raise the price of the food, so they leave the tip part. And by the way, as we know, tips does not stand for to ensure proper service, does not mean that. But you should tip when somebody gives you great service, and tip more when they give you even better service, unless they give you a two Uber rating, and they can go fuck themselves. Now scary. I went to a restaurant with my wife on Saturday night. We went to see a show and we went to a restaurant called Kouchina eight and a half. Have you ever been there? No, it's on fifty seventh Street. Excellent food, very well reviewed, and they make the caesar salad table side, which was fantastic, great caesar salad. And one of the things they make is a table side chicken palm. They do something to its table side. But I read a couple of reviews, and I know it's my fault. I read some reviews that said, don't eat the chicken palm. It's terrible there everything else is great, now you know me? I always ordered the chicken palm. Oh, always, Well, I didn't order the chicken palm. I ordered it a pasta dish in a white wine oil with sausage and wow, it's very like lamb. It was lamb and uh tomatoes, there was no I took the kale out. It came with kale. I was like, no kale. Wow. So they suppose you ever went in that direction to begin with, Well, my wife had lemonetti or something. It was like lemon cheese spaghetti. It was like it was like a white wine lemon sauce with cheese, a spaghett It was fantastic, fantastic. I last night my wife sends me an Instagram right and it says, the best chicken palm I've had in New York. And it's five places, and I had not been to any of them except the fifth one, which was Katchina eight and a half. This place was raving this this account was raving about Kachine eight and a half. So I did some more digging and apparently the chicken parm was fantastic there. Now I have to go back, but I want to ask you a questions. Scary, how much do you think the chicken palm was at this upscale restaurant on fifty seventh Street when normal chicken parm is like eight dollars twenty one dollars? Oh no, no, no no. The second you say table side, that just triples the price. Immediately, I'm gonna go with uh sixty one dollars. Oh no, no no. Although this place had a stake scary, which I think that's what you're gonna take me when you buy me mistak down book. It was one hundred and fifteen dollars. Steak for one sixty one dollars, No thirty seven for the palm, thirty seven, thirty seven. I was gonna say that's high. It is high. It's hot. Actually, if you're in midtown Manhattan and you're getting a table side that's probably around the same that would be a bargain. Well, but it's still high for me. Well, it's high for you. But everything's relative, right, Yeah, all my relatives would think it was high. I want to do you want to eat in the suburbs, have a party, brody, But you're you're in the center of met Manhattan where the rent for that space is through the roof. So they got to cover their own rent, pay their workers, keep the lights on. They got they gotta, you know, charge a high But that's cheap, by the way. I would never to me. I've seen places that do that same dish table once again, you say the word table side, now doubled the triple the price. Yeah. Yeah, they have to do a little magic show for you right there. It's like you're getting it's done. He did the he did the clap and the hands out. Yeah, like like they there's a dealer in Frankas Atlantic City. Yeah, it's like entertainment. So when they make that glock table side, yeah, I would say that that that's a forty five to fifty dollars dish. But I was going high because I, well, now I may have to go back for it. I my wife was like, we have to go back. I'll take it. Yeah, all right, okay, So we went to a bar afterwards, right, we went for a drink for after the show. You don't drink. My wife like said, drink every once in a while, she drinks. I don't you drink. So we went to Bran Bailey's on the Rocks. Uh no, I didn't have a Bailey's, but you know, you know I like Kalua and Irish crist those milky things. Yeah, he be careful there. So we went to a bar. My wife got a beer on tap. So the guy just you know, takes the tap and goes and they hands you the beer. You got some kind of Kentucky seasonal bait was good whatever it was, and I ordered a corona. Right. So the total was sixteen dollars for the two drinks. The corona was in a can. He went and gave me the can. Okay, so he's going ooosh with the thing and with the can and that's it. That's all he did, right, So the I tell him settle up, I'm done, and it's sixteen dollars. I put it twenty down on the bar, and my wife says, are you ready to go? I said, now, I'm a way for change. Change? Yeah, wow, go ahead? Why why was it we get? What are your thoughts? How much is the drink?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 2: Okay? He did drink sixtyar okay, sixteen for the two drinks? Sixty year? You know on tap sixteen eight May, sixteen dollars, eighty sixteen dollars. No, no, it was not whatever it was. No, it was nine and seven I guess sixteen corona was seven nine and seven sixteen dollars. Yep, yep. You want to throw about a twenty percent tip down, be nice about it. Fucking leave the twenty walk out. I agree with your wife. What do you wait for? Change? For give you so you can give you a dollar bag, a cannabier two dollars on opening a can of beer, you are a cheap, motherfucker. No, who I'm asking two dollars? You wanted to leave? You wanted two dollars back? Yeah, yeah, oh my god. And you wonder why we never hang out. You're crazy. We don't hang out. There's lots of reasons we don't hang out. Look, I gave you the guys. Okay, no, because the guy's probably cursing you under his breath like this, motherfucker. No, I gave him the twenty. My wife and I left. We left the twenty good. We left the twenty, as you know. But you didn't want to leave it twenty. You wanted two dollars back. I thought about it. Yeah. Why well, let me ask you a question. If you had a five, if you had three fives and four singles, oh god, if you had three fives and five singles? Right? Yeah? Would you have left nineteen? Wait? If I could? If I had what three fives? If you had three fives and five singles, five singles? You had twenty dollars but it was broken up? Well, you could have left nineteen. Would you have left? I had it already in my pocket, I had the option, right, would you have left nineteen?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Way?
Speaker 2: I still give the twenty because I always leave. I would always leave twenty on sixteen. I always give a four dollars tip because that's twenty cent. Twenty percent is nineteen dollars and twenty cents. Okay, you're gonna quibble over eighty cents. I'm just asking tell me to leave it twenty because no. It sounds to me like if you had the convenience of having your own change in your pocket, you would voluntarily leave eighteen dollars and walk out or nineteen.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I would never not no, no, oh.
Speaker 4: Go.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, what if the bill was seventeen, would you put a twenty down and walked out? Shame? I would say, say, okay, so you would given a forty dollar tip if I would if I didn't have another dollar in my pocket, yes, because I'm okay then because I'm not going to break another twenty at that point. So he's paying the price for your lack of change. I just want to get this j yeah, yeah, twenty tie if you okay a second late it was seventeen dollars, yeah, let's say it was seventeen and you had a twenty. Oh no, I'd have to go dig in for another dollar. At least you would. You'd ask for change of a twenty to give him another dollar. Fuck yeah, you wouldn't. You'd give him three and be like, yeah, I gave twenty, told me to keep it. So I'm being punished for not having a nineteen dollar bill. It's a tough its tough spot. It's a tough spot. Yeah, because I wanted to give two or three I had because four because if I'm given a hunt Okay, okay, check this. If dinner comes to dinner comes to seventy dollars m seventy dollars, you have one hundred dollar bill. That's an eighty four eighty four eighty five dollars total with tip twenty percent. If you're saying the tax and everything with seventy all the other tax all in, yes, eighty eighty bucks, all at eighty dollars, eighty dollars, you give sixteen dollars ninety six dollars. Okay, you give the on one hundred dollars meal. Okay, I did you give thrown it a couple of If everything all in was eighty bucks with the tax, you give a hundred dollars bill. You're looking for change no, okay, so that's the same ratio. No, it's not, because because you can factor in a couple extra cents for each meal, like each oh, I had a lot of okay, so I'll give them fifty cents more on the drinks will come on. And now that's technically more than a twenty percent tip, because I give more than a twenty percent tip. I always know twenty when you were going to do that at the bar when you wanted two dollars back from twenty when the bill was sixteen. Again, let me let me refresh. Let me remind you. I give a twenty percent tip on food when they order it, bring it, bring me drinks, bring me refills, bring me dessert. Situation specials different. This guy, all he did was open the camp and and tap of beer. All right, that's it. Bar tab was eighty dollars. You're you're you're drinking with your friends, whoever was hanging out with? Okay, an extra no bar tab eighty bucks, you have one hundred, You give him a hundred. You want change back from the hundred. I'll tell you why that's different, because now you're talking about no, because you're talking about an extra ten or twenty cents on each drink. It added up to the extra extra money. I'm talking about giving a guy two to three dollars on opening a can of corona. There's no effort there. What did it do for me? But then again, what's two three dollars? What's what's the difference between it? It's a dollar, it's a dollar. Okay, So here's where I need you. Now, here's the follow up to this. No, no, it's good. We walked to the garage where the cars park, and I always give the guys who bought the war the women. It's never a woman, but the guys who barked the car. And why aren't they more women valets, I wonder. Anyway, so the guy brings my car and I give him two bucks because what how much is the parking? Twenty two dollars? It's five that's a five dollar tip. It's five dollars. Nobody gives five dollars to the guy who brings your car. Was drive to the car? Well, you have a yeah? And then they parked the car too close to your door. You can't open it anyway. The point was I gave him a I gave him a two dollar tip. Which I gave it to him after he got out of the car. Okay, and listen to me. He got out of the car, I say, here you go, bud, here's two bucks. I see people give a dollar. Okay, I gave two dollars on the on the on the people are cheap. Hold on, okay, hold on. I get in the car and short man moved my seat all the way up, and I banged my head and my knees on the steering wheel, and I felt I shouldn't have given him a two dollars at all. You know, a valet parker should move the seat back, shouldn't he even if it's not actual like where it was? Or tell me, oh, I moved this set. I would rather them adjust a seat in the mirrors, the scratch or dent my fucking riaper. When he gets out of the car, shouldn't he move the seatback or at least tell you he remember where it was? He knows he's short, he knows he moved the seat up. He's short. He's a little guy. Little guy. The guy was like five to one, No offensive, you five to one listening. I'm not saying you short. This guy was short for five to one. I'm sure you were a tall five to one. This guy was tiny. He moved the seat up all right, boom. I wanted my two dollars back and give it to the balltender. You are something else, man, you are. I'm generous with wait staff, I am, yeah, but bar staff you like it pretty much? Pretty much? Say you go fuck yourself? You like Oh, let me ask you to ask your question. I'll ask you one more question before he hit the jingle. If you buy a glass of beer and it's an import, right, and it's twelve dollars, do you give the same tip as if he got makes a Long Island iced tea with six liquors in it for the same price. Yeah, because it's.
Speaker 4: Needed.
Speaker 2: No work opened cana with Sarri and Rody. Hey, I gotta call my boy Anthony Falco. I gotta get him on the podcast right now. Is that cool? Yeah, it's fine as long as he's available. Every time you call people not available, well, I'm hoping that he's going to be available. He's always available. He's retired. Where else, he's probably on his second lunch by now. Hello, oh nice, Hey, what's up? Hey Falco? How you doing buddy, what are you doing. Well, We're on the Brooklyn Boys podcast. Feel free to curse. We could say that because we could. We're no problem. No filters here. That's David a feelings. Someone named Anthony Falco is gonna curse. It's a good feeling. Listen. There's been a lot of talk about Uber ratings in the news Uber Uber. You know, here's the thing about Uber. You can now see and dissect how many one star ratings you've had, how many two, three, four, five? So it became a big deal on our show this morning talking about all this, and now Brody and I are going through our Uber ratings and see how many one star rides we've had. But I'm saying, you know what, we're lucky enough to be using the Uber app. Some people have been banned for life, like my boy Anthony Falco. What does Jeerson have to do to get banned from a company whose job it is to make money? Well, you know, you know what he has to do to do it. I'm gonna still do a Falco. All kinds of degenerates, drunks, drug addicts, high stone, We need a lift home, get an uber harass the drivers. Maybe during the pandemic. Don't wear their mask like Scary did. Right, they don't get banned, But what would happen? He got banned for being a nice guy. Fuck. I just want you to talk to Brody about this and figure out maybe how we can get your account back, because you're an innocent man.
Speaker 5: Telling you. I saw this one guy who was from the UK, and I knew that I had known guys I graduated with from high school.
Speaker 4: And I saw them and they were out. This guy was with him.
Speaker 5: They all left it and apparently he got uh. He got stranded there and his phone wasn't working and he needed a lift.
Speaker 4: You know, I got him.
Speaker 5: I got him an Ober and apparently he ended up getting to UH some kind of altercation with the Uber driver and I got I got suspended. They tried to call me once they left me a message. I called several times, and nobody will speak to me. But I never had an issue. I always had great ratings, never had a problem, but nobody will talk to me, and I haven't had I haven't had an Uber accounting a year and a half and I absolutely did that. I did nothing wrong, extept trying to help somebody out and UH I could tell my story.
Speaker 2: A friend, a friend of a friend, this dude, and it was a dude from the u K. This sides that he's gonna get drunk and choked the driver out. Oh on Anthony's on Anthony's dyne.
Speaker 5: I don't know exactly. I don't know exactly if that's what happened. I'm not sure what what went on. I went out there and they told me he's probably went out to talk.
Speaker 4: To the uber driver. He was just screaming.
Speaker 5: He was broken English, and I tried to help him out in any way he could, and he just got frustrated and he left and.
Speaker 2: The guy choked the driver. The guy choked the driver while he was still in front of your house.
Speaker 4: Uh No, I went from usin would buy a place on fourteenth Street. So I really don't know if that's exactly. I don't know if exactly if that's what, if that's if.
Speaker 2: I if they if they drove off. Did the driver come back to tell you the story? How did that happen?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: The driver, Yeah, I spoke to I spoke to I spoke to IM speaking to the driver, and I was trying to help him out, ask him, what do you want to do, like what exactly happening? He was just streaming and he goes, I just get that guy home, and he's just and he left, and I was it. He didn't want to he don't want to speak to me and spoke to the dude again.
Speaker 2: Either he never the Falcon never got to speak to this dude, or it's like a double I.
Speaker 5: Like what I did was I got another I got another car, and this time I got in the car and went went to the destination and make sure nothing happened, and got the guy out of.
Speaker 4: The car and it went home myself.
Speaker 2: But can you imagine this Falco's trying to do a good deed for a guy that he doesn't even know. Yeah, and the next thing you know, he's banned for life from Uber. Fucked up all the.
Speaker 4: Other questions just to speak. I just want to speak to him. That's all I can speak to him.
Speaker 2: He can't. I can't get in touch with Uber because of it. Like like, like, now, did you did you give the guy a good rating and a tip so he wouldn't he wouldn't fuck you over? That's right, you're in control still of the you know, you know what I don't I don't even know if it just got if I got canceled and it even came to that, or or what went on.
Speaker 4: I always give him good radio. I mean, I've never had I've never had an issue when I need him. But I don't even I don't even remember. I think he's just I cancel the ride, and like that was. That was the end of it. I don't even think it came up for me to get a ra eating or anything like that, because you never he never.
Speaker 5: Left from from where we were where he was picking the guy up on fourteenth Street.
Speaker 2: Oh, he never left.
Speaker 4: Happened right, so the.
Speaker 2: Guy the guy started choking him right away. We don't know that. We're assuming the worst happened because somehow the driver complained to Uber the app and the next thing you know, Falco's Falco's finished. I don't understand why the I mean, I guess they're blaming you for putting a degenerate in the car, But.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess so. But I didn't even you know, I didn't know I was doing I was doing it right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have no idea what transfer between to it him, how anything happened, But I tried, I got I caught cold. I was in the shower, I came out. I called Uber back and I got a voicemail. I left the message. I owed my information.
Speaker 2: I did it.
Speaker 4: I tried for several weeks and then just nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't tell me your reputation. You can't put your reputation in the hands of someone you don't know. I mean, obviously it's hindsight, but when there's a review process, if you want to put him in a cab, put him in a cab, right because the cab guy can't do anything to you. So when is a review this this had this had getting fucked written all over it before you put him in there. Because the guy was probably like, you're driving on the wrong side of the road, mate, because he's British and he tried to choke him.
Speaker 5: I felt, man, the guy wasn't from here. I didn't want to leave him straight. I didn't know him, and he seemed he seemed he was acting fine. He was acting find the whole time. I don't know what that went on once he got outside. I don't know what went on.
Speaker 2: The Uber Strangler that'll be the name of the movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, yeah, that's what happened. Yeah, he's an uber strangler.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Well do you do you know your Uber rating? Do you know you're rating?
Speaker 5: Because I always had a top I always had a top rating. I tell you what what happens to it?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: When you get when this happens to you, maybe they you know you can do it thousands for years, not one problem, and then all of a sudden it's one thing and it just banned you like that. But I would speaking to you. It goes by up, guy, I can't know if you're right and go straight down?
Speaker 2: Or what can you open me? Can you open the app? Still you can't? Or like like what what's gone? And you can't even open it?
Speaker 4: No, you can't.
Speaker 5: It would be like, uh, somebody just it would be somebody just like starting it out like there's nothing to it.
Speaker 4: You just get to one screen and that's it. It doesn't it doesn't work.
Speaker 2: And you've tried petitioning, calling them, you've tried everything to get back.
Speaker 4: I have no number, even I have known, nobody would call it.
Speaker 5: I have the main I have the guy's name that works for the security that that told me to call him, and it's his it's it's his direct line, but I leave messages and he never he never returns.
Speaker 4: To my call.
Speaker 2: We I feel like you were unjustly banned. We got to get you back. I mean no offense to lift, but lift is a second death? What is like an afterthought? Why is lifting after thought? It's the same drivers. They switched a sign on the dashboard. I don't know, I just same drivers. I think Uber the app itself is more dependable. It gets you rides quicker. I don't know. See you know what you know it is? It's it's the twenty two immutable laws of marketing. Scary. You believe Uber is better because they were first first in the mind wins. That's what.
Speaker 3: Was that.
Speaker 5: If you could I mean, if you get me to talk to somebody who's I'm just some reasonable person that could have a conversation with I'm sure to understand, Like if I speak to him.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe some one of our listeners is connected to Uber in some way with with somebody in the main office. This was I'm assuming it's a it was like the Jersey based office or something, right, I guess the Uber Jersey because you're from New Jersey. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 5: I thought they were I thought they were based out of California, so like, I don't know, I don't know that much about it.
Speaker 4: I know we used to have they used to be in office in Hoboken, but that was gone by the time this happened, so that didn't help.
Speaker 2: Now where are you from?
Speaker 4: Falco, Hoboken, New Jersey.
Speaker 2: I say this as a guy from Brooklyn with a similar accent. I would get someone else to call for you because you sound, even though you're not. You sound like a guy who choke a guy I'm just saying so he sounds guilty. You'd be like, hey, this is Anthony Falco. I'm my fucking account back. I would not give your you account back. You need to hire somebody with a nice Midwestern Hi. I'm Anthony Falco. I'd really like my account back. Please maybe maybe get you should get a woman. Yeah, yeah, I feel like the.
Speaker 4: Guy and could described me. I definitely don't look like this guy that went in the car. I can tell you that much.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, nothing like the uber strangle. But what's for lunch? Where are we going? Where are you coming back from?
Speaker 5: Step back from a Peruvian place? Danny up in Uh, it's either West New York or Union City.
Speaker 2: Awesome Falco, Falco. I trust his judgment when it comes to food. He he, he really is the best. He knows what he's talking about, always leading me into some great New Jersey eats.
Speaker 4: Thank you, my friend, good stuff.
Speaker 2: All right, Oh I'm getting hungry, so anyway, right, well, thanks for thanks for all that. We'll make sure we uh we we protect. Names will be changed and rearranged to protect the innocent before we released this to the public, I promise. All right, all right, thank you, thank you, Brody, good luck, Hey slices. If you guys have any ideas for Anthony here on how to get his uber back legit ideas, please uh hit us up on social media Brooklyn Boys. What is the Brooklyn Boys Podcast? Gmail? The Brooklyn Boys Podcast at gmail dot com and we will be leave us a talk back through the iHeart app. Find a way get us the information if it's legit not oh you know what you ought to try?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, if you know for a fact how to get in touch with we need to know a guy. You know what I'm saying. We know we need to know a guy.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks aunt, yeah, thank you, all right, all right, put it.
Speaker 2: Out there, all right, See, I like, I like him, but I I just worry about his accent. You worry that he's gonna be judged. I worry. Yeah, he's like, Yeah, this is Anthony Falcard, like my fucking uber back, you know, like I didn't choke nobody's I already feel.
Speaker 4: Like he has.
Speaker 2: At some point you're saying, is he's gonna get profiled. He's gonna be a profile as a New York, New Jersey guy in the mob with a bad temper. Yeah, this is Pony Falco, Like, oh, you're on the Sopranos. It's very funny. That's eat Falco. Yeah, I know. You gotta take a break here, all right, it's the podcast. Oh man, what is it? Weird? We to do?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I got I got a couple of things. I screenshot it. I wanted to run run by the run by you. I got a Scamboni coming up here we go. I got a d M from Jackie Helsowski. She says, I spent the past seven days in Italy and went to Pisa and didn't take the quintessential pa pose. I was literally listening to your latest podcast episode about scary doing poses. And you mentioned Pisa, and I was on the train back from Pisa. So she has a picture of herself in front of the tower and she did not do the pushing it over picture. I'm leading or leaning it on her leaning on, yes, her head on it like a pillow. That correct.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He was a sign in the garage where the guy moved my seat up. This was the guy the sign in the parking garage to all of our valued, monthly and transient customers. For your your own safe. This is a this is a professional sign with your logo. It's not like typed up on a computer. For your own safety. Please be reminded to take your claim check before leaving your vehicle. Please be reminded. Please be reminded. Yeah by who wow, Yeah, please be reminded. So so there's that. Uh. And then I wanted to talk about a scamboni. You got the dolt Scamboni jingle I showed you, David Brody, just for you, Thank you, thank you, scammon. Yeah, yeah, what you got, Dave, David Brodie, I got two Scamboni's for you. The first if you go on TikTok, there's a new trend where some fast talking degenerate will put up a picture. You've seen these pictures when you were a kid. You have to find the objects in the picture. Yeah, like on the side of the picture. You'd be like, you have to find an egg and a lampshade and a book, and you have to look where they buried in the picture. Okay, here's the new scam. People put up a picture with four or five hidden items in the picture. Yeah, okay, and you cut out there, David, and people are guessing. I'm sorry. They put up a picture with what with four or five hidden items, and there's pictures of the items and they're all like one's gray, ones white, one's yellow, ones, pink, whatever, And you'll find them in the picture. The actual color of the items that are on the side. They even give you the color. Sometimes they're in black and white only, so you have to find like this one is a gray whistle, and if you look, the whistle is used as the toilet ball flush handle. You're like, oh, that's glad, okay, okay. And what they do is people are guessing and they go, oh, oh, Mike got it. But you don't see Mike because by the time he reads Mike, it's already scrolled off the screen. They come up with random names people who found the item. And if you can't find it, people are guessing, like crazy, it's the shoe, it's the foot, it's the thing in the wall. For the fourth item, because the first three are blatant, they're like, find the fourth object is the name of the game, okay, and they go, if you want the answers, go to my profile and and and and make a bid on some product. It's it's so they want you to go to the the his profile on on TikTok and uh and follow him and then click on like a like a some kind of fake Asian website, you know, like Timu or one of those, and if you buy anything, no matter how small, you'll get the answer where the object is. And they do this scam. And as you could scroll through the live the live tiktoks all day and you'll see a bunch of them. Well, guess what's scary. Yep, the fourth object is never in the picture. It isn't there. I knew it, I knew it.
Speaker 4: This is uh.
Speaker 2: This is the classic scene you prank scam where you let yeah, four turkeys loose in the school and you label them one, two, three, five, right, So you're like, oh, ione's looking for number four and you think that there's five. You think that there's five turkeys, right, where's them before? Can't find them before? Right, That's exactly what This is the last one I saw. I screenshot at it. It's Pocahontas sitting on a toilet, and you have to find a gray whistle. There's a gray whistle. There's a white egg. It's her necklace. There's a yellow brush. It's right, it's a part of her dress, and a pinkish purple flower. There is nothing in the picture that's pinkish purple. Even if you're like, I can't find it, you'd see the pinkish purple. Everything in the picture is brown, white, and gray. There's no pink. Therefore it can't be in the picture. But he wants followers and people are begging I see it. I think I see it. And then what happens is you know, like three card Monty, if you have a seen three card Monty on the street, and that we'll find the red card. Find the red card, and then some guy in the crowd finds it and they go look how easy it is found it that guy works with the guy playing three card monte. He's a plan, have shills, he's a crowd, he's a plant. He's a plant. So there are people they go, oh yeah, Michael, Mike tells the truth. I just got fifty dollars. Yeap, No you didn't. You're a shill. So look out for that scamboni because this the fourth object, is not in the picture. No matter what you do, follow them, but you're not getting fat. A lot of people are performing, you know, they're giving you iPhone tricks and things that you can do with your phone, and they go really fast, so fast that you can't keep up. And they say, oh, go to my page right to get you know, to get the full instructions. And like anyone, it's a scam. It is a scam, and they're looking for follows. And then you realize that you your iPhone can't perform that function right right, And now you're on a list, and then they sell your account information. Don't don't just go to my account oh oh, or they'll go, we're just looking. I'll give everyone the answer. Once we get a thousand, one hundred thousand likes, come on people keep hitting the like button. Keeping So what they're doing is they're getting clout on TikTok and you because they're getting likes, yeah, and they'll get they're improving their algorithm. And you're just sitting there like an idiot waiting for a hundred thousand followers. Oh we need we just need a nine thousand more. Come on, everybody, Come on, guys, Come on, guys, we just need five thousand more. No, you need five thousand more. We don't need five thousand more. Yeah, So I hate those people. Here's the other scam. I'm in my bagel, my bagel place, Bagel. I go in on Friday and I order No, I go in on Thursday and I get four bagels. They're a dollar apiece. That's four dollars. And there's signs all over the store. They've been up for a while that say prices may go up unexpectedly at any time, okay, on the front door, on the counter, at by the register. They may go up expectively on Saturday and Sunday mornings when everyone wants bagels. Right, So I go, I go in, I go in Monday to get my four bagels. And now they're a dollar twenty five. I saw I had four singles ready, so I go his four dollars. He goes five dollars. What dollar a quarter? So I said, when did that happen? He points to the sign. Doesn't it work that? He points to the sign Prices may go up on expecting any time. So four days later, now the bagels are all a dollar twenty five, and the guy behind me goes, yeah, the prices went up. It was Tuesday on Monday. He goes, prices went up over the weekend. Everything's more expensive. But there's no like. The signs didn't change. The prices on the menu boards haven't changed. But they put up a sign that says prices may they make up? I never heard of such a thing. That is a rip yep. The sign still says a dollar bagel on the on the thing, and it was tape over it. You could there's like a yellow tape over the dollar. And uh, he's yeah, it's do twenty. Now do they ever go down unexpectedly? That'd be nice. That's like on your birthday? Yeah how old?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, okay, would you be pissed? And what about the next day? What if they're a dollar fifty the next day. You can't complain the sign says what it says. Yeah, no, I don't. I don't like that. I think that's despicable. They can't do that. I think you need you need to give people notice. So, by the way, my my apartment is a mess. I'm I am fit to be tied right now, because, yeah, that's stack of papers. I know it's more than that. I'm hosting Mother's Day this week.
Speaker 4: And I have to run.
Speaker 2: So here's what I'm up against. First of all, my mother's You know, I can always tell when she's like wanting me, She's wanting me to volunteer. She's like, Anthony, what do we I said, I said, you know, what are we doing for Mother's Day? And you know, she said, well, me and Daddy we're gonna talk to you about that. We're gonna be calling. We're gonna be coming off of a cruise, so it's gonna be kind of hectic. So now I'm thinking, like, okay, so their house is off limits, and you know, and and your your sister. Her house is still under construction. She would love to host, but she's got a lot going on there, right, you know, why don't you have the party and your dinette, we're gonna well, we're gonna have a Well then I'm saying, well, look we should all go out to eat to a restaurant. Hold on, hold on, ma let me move a stack of papers sit here in the corner of my living room. Well, we want to get all the family, the families together. Keep in mind, I now have a new I have a niece, and so with with the all the hecticness that's going on with my brother and my sister in law because of the baby new baby, and you know, everyone's house is off limits. So of course I'm a good son, and I said, you know what, I volunteer. I'm hosting, and I got no problem doing it because you know me, I'm gonna like all the bells and whistles, cater it from top to bottom, rent out my wreck room upstairs, which I did. All said and done. Well, now I got to run out of town. I'm going to Miami because we're doing something with the Y one hundred radio station. And I'm literally leaving tomorrow afternoon. It's today's Tuesday here, that's when we're recording this Wednesday. I'm leaving. Do you know what My flight back home is Brody Sunday afternoon. My flight home is Sunday morning. I'm gonna land. I'm gonna land at like eleven am, race over back to my apartment for the food to come at twelve thirty, and my guests to show up at two o'clock. Talk about cutting it close. If your flight is delayed in the least.
Speaker 4: You're ft, I know.
Speaker 2: So I just ask you to pray for me, please, because I don't know how this is gonna go. But mother and dad thinks I'm crazy for coming home Sunday morning and not coming home Saturday morning. But now it's kind of too late to change all the flights. Whatever it is, I'm coming home Sunday, So I'm gonna talk about Now, will you hit him running? Will your family have access to the place you're Yes, we have, we have, we have precautions, we have plan b's and c's in motion. Is Anthony Falco gonna drive them all? We'll get them in a book. He's gonna pick up an Hooper. So anyway, I got a lot of planning to do, and I didn't pack yet, and I'm leaving. I'm going to see Janet Jackson with my girlfriend tonight. So oh very nice. Oh that's one of the best lip syncers ever. You don't think she's gonna sing her songs, dude. She hasn't uttered a word into a microphone on stage in thirty five forty years. Wow, she's like Brittany. She dances, she doesn't sing. Well, I'm not like Janet, but she's not a singer in concert. Well, I'm gonna go here. I'm gonna go see here tonight. So there she I mean, how well she dances? Yeah, so that anyway. So that's it. Is your pool open it up or what pull pools open? I gotta go vacuum it out today. Nice. When are you gonna do the podcast from the pool? Pool side Podcastuh? Poolside podcast? Well, you know I could. I could pool side podcast and then you have the equipment in your apartment, so that'll work. Yeah. I was talking about bringing the equipment over and we could both be in the pool at the same time. Oh no, we're not gonna have microphones in the pool. That doesn't from an electricity standpoint, doesn't make a lot of sense. I mean, we could buy wireless nycophones, probably them on the side of the pool and then lean off the edge of the yet, but that would that require you to be in the pool. I think you should sit at the table by my pool and work the equipment and I can sit like that. Yeah. Do I get an umbrella or do I have to sit there in the hot sun?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: You can. I'll give you an umbrella. And you know what, if you give me four bucks'll open a can of corona for you. Hey, I left out one Scamboni. I got to give you a Scamboni. Bed Bath and Beyond Scamboni ready for this bed Barf and Beyond.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: Now, as most of you know, Bedbath and Meon is going out of business unless somebody buys them at the last minute. They're shutting down. Everything's on clearance. Oh no, don't take the car. Well have it's a like twenty percent coupon? Then I still have okay? Yeah, no, okay. So, first of all, the twenty percent coupons in the garbage. If you've ever paid full price for an item at bed Beth and Beyond, you don't know at the shop because you get one hundred coupons and you save them up and you go shopping and it's twenty percent off every one item. Also, like Amazon Prime, they had a deal where you paid like I don't know, fifty bucks a year, whatever it was, and you automatically got twenty percent off everything, not just one item, everything. So you'd show the UPC, not the UPC, the QR code, they'd scan it and your entire order is twenty percent off, right, And then if you return something went out a receipt, they take twenty percent off the value because they know you probably got twenty percent off. Right. That's Bed Bath and Beyond. They're known everything's twenty percent off. Okay, can we establish the satisfact?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, I go into the store. Remember we talked about like everything in the store, like you see signs everything in the store ninety like ten percent an up yes or or up to up to fifty percent off. That means one thing is fifty percent off and everything else is five percent off. Like the up to up to is a scam. Well, at Bed Bath and Beyond, everything's on clearance, right dah, moving it all out, empty racks, everything's got to go. Yes, what would you say? Scary? Is the minimum discount on everything on sale right now? At Bedbathing on It would have to be fifty percent, if not more, I've seen sixty seventy five percent. Okay. When have have you been to a bed bath this week?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay? So starting what's today Tuesday? Starting last week was the clearance. Starting last week was the clearance. Yeah. So I went in on Tuesday or Wednesday to use my last gift card, because I think Wednesday or whatever it was said the seventh was the last dayor eighth or the last day to bring any gift cards merchant. So I went in. Everything of value was ten percent off. That's it. Why would I buy something a bed, bathroom beyond for ten percent off when everything was always twenty percent. You're giving me less discount than when you open. And my wife and I we paid for the twenty percent fan club fable. They didn't refund my money. They just said we no longer accept that. So I paid for a year, I got like three months out of it, and they went bankrupt. So why would I buy a microwave or I wanted a toaster oven ten percent off? That's That's not a going out of business sale. That's not even a way sentence to buy something I maybe half need, you know, you know they get a whole point with sales is so you can you figure that maybe I need this, maybe I don't. I'm on the fence, but it's such a big discount, I'm gonna actually buy it. Ten percent doesn't move the needle for me. Right, So they had a five hundred dollar toaster, I'm like, okay, four fifty. I don't want it for four fifty. I don't want I don't need to toast it that badly. Like you said, I would get a new toaster if it was like two seventy five for a five hundred toast, I'm like, I'm in wow, you know it was. You know it was like forty fifty percent off washcloths. That's what they do. They give you up to seventy percent off.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you want like a soap ugly, like a seashell soaphoulder for your bathroom, seventy percent off, they could shove it. They could shove it. No wonder, they're out of business. Fuck them now, fuck them. I want the vacuum cleaner for forty percent off. Now we'll have a conversation. Ten percent off vacuum cleaners. I can get ten percent off picking my nose at Best Buy and just price check it with somebody else. I can go to PC Richard's son, I get twenty percent off just by price comparing it. So fucking bar beyond yeah, beyond ridiculous, ten percent off. I love leaving a nice, angry note like this, we're doing we're doing that, but so we're leaving on a bad note, terrible. It's always a negative. Hey, happy mother's day. Hey, Happy Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 2: And and you say in Brooklyn, your mother, your mother, boys Brooklyn, Brooklyn, boye Brooklyn,