Speaker 1: We're going to Paris.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we wee wee chantey manage. Well we won't. But it's the three of us. Let me phrase that. Wait, never out of my lads been like you was in the more One.
Speaker 2: So what is gonna be?
Speaker 1: Baby squad?
Speaker 2: We've been the goods?
Speaker 1: You running on us?
Speaker 2: God? What you need? Baby?
Speaker 1: Won't you keep me company?
Speaker 2: Give me something the jube and I just swing for you when we get home, if you let me put it. Welcome back to another episode of Humble Baddies. I am Alexis welch Stotameyer, I'm Ashley Nicole, and.
Speaker 1: I am Chara Risotto and we are the Daddies.
Speaker 2: We are freshly back landed and rested from beautiful Bourbon Street in New Orleans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a time we had. I mean we did so many.
Speaker 2: First, we had our first meeting Greed as the Humble Batties if we did a live on Nightcaps, so we were introduced there with Shannon and Ocho and many other guests.
Speaker 1: A few podcasts appearances.
Speaker 2: That's right, you two were on Outside the Lines, inside inside the Line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, got out to Altoya and her crew. That was amazing. It was such a good time.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, we stopped by a fashion show off the Field Ladies Association.
Speaker 1: That was nice.
Speaker 2: That was that beautiful, Like we laughed and we cried. It was just it was a beautiful, beautiful event.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was.
Speaker 2: We were not ready for that, right, but they honored them, some of the victims of the attack that happened in New Orleans at the beginning of the year. So it was really good to be a part of New Orleans, have the cuisines and experience the streets and many fans from all around the world. Right, shout out our favorite restaurant. Let's out Larry Morrow. Yes, shout out, Yes, the Tomorrow is amazing. Listen, I'm still thinking about that food. My mouth is so the water app it was like, bring some mouth, keep bringing them out, bringing them out. But the hospitality he gave us, it was amazing. So if y'all ever go to New Orleans, make sure y'all check out Marrows.
Speaker 1: Yes, Creole and Cajun food with the different tastes of boys. Later the jumbala as you say, yeah, red fish. Right, Oh, yeah, everything's right. I mean, oh, it's taking me back now. I might have to go whip something up.
Speaker 2: We forgot some We're gonna have to go back and get our uh what something We just we just need an excuse to go back because you ready back. I mean, I'm sure New Orleans wants to see us again. I got to unbig, unbig this back through girl up.
Speaker 1: The food was delicious though, so yeah, shout out tomorrows. It was absolutely divine.
Speaker 2: So speaking of the big main event that just happened on Super Bowl Sunday, how you okay? So y'all see what's going on. As y'all can see, I'm a Kansas City fan, I still have love for Kansas City.
Speaker 1: We were defeated, y'all. Y'all ass got y'all, we did, thanks.
Speaker 2: And the best team won. So shout out to the Eagles. Yes, I told y'all if y'all would have listened to me, I said it. I said, the Eagles are going to come and tell that ass up.
Speaker 1: And they, you know, low key, not only did they tell that ass up, it's a lot of records broken too.
Speaker 2: It was. I mean, the sacks were outrageous. I mean, I just I was expecting a better game. I was hoping for a better game, just as a fan of football. Yeah, the game was pretty Oh my goodness, it was a sad game, zero to twenty four. At halftime, I was just like, at this point, I was like, how are we going to either get back from this or are we gonna end up like, you know, the underdog? The story of the comeback we epic, like like the Patriots and the Falcons. Correct, you remember the Falcons was ten, the Patriots up, but then the Patriots came back halftime was it halftime? Third quarter? They came back and won. So I was thinking something like that was going to happen.
Speaker 1: They do say it was scripted. That's all the Chiefs. Oh, we don't want to hear that latey'a. We're saying this that about this one. There was like what three interceptions? It was They played horrible.
Speaker 2: I've never seen a the black girl of like that in the magnitude of just heaviness of the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: So but it's okay, we have the last two rings, so not too bad. It's okay to share the wealth.
Speaker 2: They say, shout out to Jalen Hurts. He the war goes, Yes, he's the humble daddy. He's the humble daddy.
Speaker 1: Jalen Hurts through two hundred and twenty one yards. He had two touchdown Did that yeah, NBP, Yeah yeah, So shout out to Jalen Hurts. I was actually cheering for him too.
Speaker 2: I just it's because you know he has he's led by an all female team, a black agent. You know that you can see his love for his fiance, and just we love to see it. We love to see all that game.
Speaker 1: And then shout out to this game in general with two black quarterbacks. Come on now and I'm rooting for everybody black. That's right, went situation? It surely was. It sure was.
Speaker 2: I cannot complain like it was just for that overall, you know, it was definitely a vibe to be able to see it and just really understand it. And then at least us Chiefs fans, we did have something to look out for the halftime performance, right, But.
Speaker 1: Did y'all really look at like to see the halftime performance?
Speaker 2: I did absolutely that. I feel like a lot of people tune in more so for the halftime. But I feel like people was upset. Did y'all see like the Twitter the tweets? As we know, people gonna have something to say. What they were saying, what black Twitter or regular Twitter, because black Twitter is a.
Speaker 1: Whole nother they was going in. Black Twitter was going in on the performance. I loved the performance. I was turt.
Speaker 2: I was turt but I felt like it wasn't to the capacity of what a super Bowl halftime should.
Speaker 1: I disagree. I feel like Lil Wayne would have rupped it out the part, but I felt like.
Speaker 2: More people know Lil Wayne's music, and for it to be in New Orleans, I feel like it would have hit home better because they were showing like videos of like the audience, and they didn't know the music what it was. Some songs I didn't even know, Like some of the songs I didn't I know Kendrick Lamarina I knew, I knew my Dogs, But if you don't know Kendrick lamar music like that, I mean, it's hard to get in here because he's a he's a lyricist. Like you know, it's not just like music you just I don't know, it's it's very meaningful and people, I think were missing his message that he was making. I totally disagreed. One we had the sitting president sitting in the stands. You know, we're coming off of this election and inaugurguration, and I wasn't paying attention to him. I know one thing, though, we have a Pultzer Prize winning artist that is storytelling, and he had the platform on America's biggest stage, and not just America. I'm gonna just let's say the world's global stage, just the NFL. And the fact that he basically told this president in his face, respectfully, not using any curse words and using he took out a lot of major words that were catchphrases that you know, we all know to fill in the bank. Yeah, Kendrick was the epitome of social influence and standing on business and justice. He is, and I don't everybody caught it the translated. I think a lot of the people were just sitting there pay attention to Like his mic. It wasn't clear in the beginning because Kendrick is very controversial, like he'll say something like he can spit something out out of his music quick and it. Yeah, so I felt like the mic wasn't intentionally low until his last song came on, Never out of My Name like you was and the mom was I just know that pop culture and the song that everybody is talking about and off of album and song, and just like all these Grammy wins, he stood for so much and I loved it, like the fact that he was on a game controller, the fact that he.
Speaker 1: Had Samuel L. Jackson being ol Sam.
Speaker 2: How we respect Sammy l as being one of the highest He's in some of the highest grossing movies we've ever seen. You have Serena, who is the epitome of black essence, and I'm not up in the face, come on, but she's from that. It's just like Kendrick. So she's coming in there and you know.
Speaker 1: It is that's fine because you know they're just gonna let us know.
Speaker 2: And then you just had you had Scissor too, like she's also an ex known of Drake as well. Know that.
Speaker 1: So it's just like, you know, Kendrick was being petty.
Speaker 2: He was, but everyone in Unison, in that whole Super Bowl and even at home sing a minor.
Speaker 1: So if you didn't know the words, you knew those two words. See.
Speaker 2: I thought he wasn't gonna say sing it because in the beginning he said something like, you know, people like the Sioux I would sing it, but people like the sewer with the American culture sing that though.
Speaker 1: That's the American again. Yeah, he was gonna sing that song.
Speaker 2: Do y'all feel like it was intentionally like to basically let Drake like with Drake. Do y'all feel like after this Super Bowl performance his music career went down the drink. Absolutely not. This is what we need to see for the culture. This is what we need to see for music and entertainment. And what better way to really capture this on live TV and where now we're talking about it the next day.
Speaker 1: You know, I think it was like a big embarrassment for Drake.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. This is a form of arts now. I can't wait to hear what Drake is gonna come back with. Drake has so many levels too, being an actor being you know, he can sing, he can touch the ladies, he can be Champagne poppy, but he can get in his bag too.
Speaker 1: And I can't wait to see because the whole point is he's been on the top.
Speaker 2: Drake has been the number one you know, really not the enemy, I don't want to say the enemy, but the goal. Hence why he's bringing on people as features and elevating them and giving them a different vibe. We're playing Drake on yachts, playing Drake in clubs in Europe, in Greece, things like that.
Speaker 1: You know, so I see it happening. It's Drake, like he's amazing.
Speaker 2: So it's so how do you feel when everyone, all the top dogs basically are against you.
Speaker 1: Now, Like, I don't think it's an against thing.
Speaker 2: I just think it's really like it's still competition at the end of the day, and they always going to come after the top and right now it's Kendrick. So that means everyone has to get their pins together, their thoughts together, that they their their words and their ammission ammumission together, so that way they can come to the top spot.
Speaker 1: That's what rap game is about.
Speaker 2: Especially with the men, they like to go back and forth and have that banter and me versus you, whereas the ladies, for example, they can go on tour and sell out and like come together and battle and do their thing, but like have a nurturing spirit.
Speaker 1: So like I just see it more as a sport.
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like Drake could have it could have reversed a little bit. I know, Boots, he came out and said nobody stood up for Drake. Whatever, but I feel like that's false because DJ Kellett came out and said, hey, I got two songs that's kept coming out with Drake or whatever, and Drake came back and responded. He came back and responded and was like, you must be talking about Drake Bell. Like that's a slap in the face because DJ everybody know DJ Kelly is that boy. And for you to go back and reply and make a statement like that, like damn, like he basically there for you. He's telling people even though he's friends with your Drake came back and said he came back and come in and he was like, you must be talking.
Speaker 1: About Drake Bell. I'm sure they have. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: All I know is I thought the super Bowl performance was black as fuck, and I love like, even if you didn't get like the deeper subliminal messages that he was obviously displaying, I just felt like it was amazing to see, you know, the all the black dancers. They were all black, Yes, they were all How they did the flag and blue soldiers right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like there's there.
Speaker 2: All of it was just very much just I don't know, it was raw, it was black, and yeah, yes, I love that about it. It was a it was a good super Bowl. It's just it was just different from like I probably would have preferred Lowayne to be just because it was in New Orleans, New Orleans, and I feel like Lowayne is more entertaining. Yeah, probably are more it's music, it's more relatable. So you think he should be next? No, I think somebody else should be next. Okay, should be next.
Speaker 1: Chris Brown.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's definitely Chris Brice. Brown's definitely Chris Brown. Chris Brown is is like top tier up there with Michael Jackson. I agree he gets performance as he's a performer, he can sing, and I just feel like, you know, he deserves a chance.
Speaker 1: I agree he should be next. That That would be my pick too, because it's just everything he can do flip.
Speaker 2: He got the energy, like the crowd gonna stay going from from start to end. And he's a generational talent, right we all appreciated decade.
Speaker 1: Yes, and he wants some Grammys so that's the big thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so it's just it's his time. It's definitely he should be next.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna were gonna put that out there for the universe as well as the committee.
Speaker 1: We want to see Chris Brown, right, ladies, Chris Brown CV. We want we want to see it. Gonna be hard, but they need to bring Chris Brown there. Who picked is it? There's a committee? I believe that Z.
Speaker 2: I think that's part of that. Yeah, it's like a committee. And I feel like they haven't missed yet.
Speaker 1: I really do. Like I appreciated Kendrick. It was great timing just off of when they go to Atlanta. I'm gonna need g Z. I'm gonna need Yeah, you know, I'm gonna need some real Atlanta there. Okay, who else? What y'all do? Like future? Would y'all do?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: No, big Boy take it back? Should we take it back? I did it the last like, I don't know if it was it was.
Speaker 2: Andre three thousand and I thought Andre. I think Big Boy did it. I don't know if Andre was on there. I can't recall, but because it was with Maroon five, remember that year.
Speaker 1: Okay? So anyways, next comments to Atlanta a couple of years now. I think it's.
Speaker 2: Twenty eight, it's going to be there, and so we really need we going some real Atlanta artists to be in the building.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're gonna put out the play. Too many great Atlanta artists for them not to bring somebody from it. Would you mix new and old? Yeah sure, yeah, I love, I love, but we got to have old. You gotta have the main I agree to bring out all the rest of them. I agree.
Speaker 2: Who would be that main one? I would like for GenZ to be the main one? GENC needs to redo the seven, brang out the whole.
Speaker 1: That's a vibe. I think it should be out casts or a GZ Yeah, I like that. I like that.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't mind Jeezy Man the main I think that would be dope because he brings a different vibe to the city.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that. I think that would be a good, a good look.
Speaker 2: But he have a mixture of the old street hood music and then the commercialized music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it'll be a good bland. I love that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well we didn't. We didn't skip from next year. We didn't plan the whole. Actually, I'm not bad. Yes, yes, they need to put us on the committee. Yes, we'll get it done.
Speaker 1: That's what we do.
Speaker 2: So while we were on Nightcab, there was a big announcement. Anyone here, ladies want to let the announcement. Yes, well it's already out. But shout out to Shannon Sharp and his brother both. This is the first time ever, breaking history, both brothers are in the Hall of Fame. Now, that was the first time that their brothers inducted into the hallway. Yes, really, yes, here it was made. Wow.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to the Shark brothers. It was nice to be there to witness that and hear his words from both of them. You know, it was emotional.
Speaker 2: It was to hear how Shennon felt, you know about having his brother there, you know, basically saying if it wasn't for his brother, he probably wouldn't be where he is. And he speaks highy about him, like every time you hear him talk about his brother, it's like it's amazing, Like, dang, I wish I had like a sibling that I can speak highly like that about. But that's that was a blessing. So shout out to the Sharp brothers both. Yes, congratulates everything. Yeah, both absolutely congratula.
Speaker 1: I think Nick Sweeler, Okay, I know that's sorry. Speaking to next. I think next it probably would be the man and brothers.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they're bringing Eli next. I don't know, I'm just the dad is too. Is Archie in the Hall of Fame. So the fact that it'd be a father son and the father son probably would be dian and and his son. Yeah huh chador shadoor shador. Okay, well we shall see to be continued. So Bourbon Street was popping. They did close off the streets so the fans can roam the streets and really take in that essence of the French culture. The Marty Guard beads the slushies on the streets. Slushies, I mean just to just go around and see.
Speaker 1: You know what I want to say this shout out to the City of New Orleans.
Speaker 2: You guys did a great job of hosting this year and accommodating everybody and making everything centrally located.
Speaker 1: Right when you guys saw Stace officers.
Speaker 2: There was.
Speaker 1: There was police on like every corner, every block.
Speaker 2: I felt so safe, very safe, and they were very help for two A few times we were lost and we would ask like the National Guard and they would be like, come on, you know, we'll show you where to go. They walked us down through the restaurant. So shout out to the National Guard for holding it down and just that Southern hospitality from these handsome brothers that were out there.
Speaker 1: And just seeing something like you know I did and didn't you know what I'm saying. But just overall everybody was just very warm.
Speaker 2: We will walk into a store and the ladies are turning up, Yes, having a good time. They had us dancing in their vibe. Different slush, uh taste taste of the slush. Yes, it was a good little vibe, very accommodating to us to just make me feel like I was back at home, because I'm like, this is how like the Southern hospitality, this is how it is back at home. Everybody speaking to everybody that ain't nobody and then just saying yea.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like family.
Speaker 2: Yes. I just feel like they New Orleans did a great job. And the weather was very fair to us. It was warmer than we thought. Ye you wake up and you see this fog that just kind of is part of New Orleans and these these weeping willow trees hanging over and just the architecture was insane.
Speaker 1: The jazz culture, just the vibrancy, you know, it's just it was fun.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It's a good city. A good super Bowl.
Speaker 2: She was was so shout out again to the mayor as well as the state. Thank you for accommodating all of us.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, guys, it's time for hot girl headlines. My favorite part of the show during this Super Bowl. I don't know if y'all guys noticed, but Taylor Swift was shown on camera and they bowed her and she.
Speaker 1: Was looking at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ice face was looking like they going, you girl, not not me. You know, It's funny because I'm sure she just brushed out on off. I mean it's Taylor's with like, has she ever been booed that?
Speaker 1: That probably was no.
Speaker 2: I mean Philly is known for like because they big haters, because because it was predominantly Eagle fans in.
Speaker 1: So she did get in that.
Speaker 2: Uh well that treatment. You're getting the rowdiest Kansas City. So the Eagles, like, ah, you get Eagles are known to be rowdy in your face and very boisterous, and then you have Kansas City is known to be the loudest stadium and the loudest fans in the NFL.
Speaker 1: That so the mixture of both of them is a combination that the NFL.
Speaker 2: Just like appreciates like it was. I heard that he was supposed to propose to her too. I mean, you don't know, Yeah, that's what they were saying. Well, Winds maybe wanted him to propose.
Speaker 1: I would thinking I don't know, I don't think that's happening. I would, I wouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: There. That's how he got And then they said he got his hair and plants done. I saw a memes he should they have saying he should have been rehearsing and practicing instead of getting.
Speaker 1: His hair lyne fixed. But now he has a whole full head of hair. Did y'all see that? I just see that. Yeah, you need to do a little pantinge commercial or something.
Speaker 2: Now it's been big haters just because Taylor has definitely brought up influx of fans. I saw many little girls h in a kelsey jersey with their little skirts to all their beads, and the show.
Speaker 1: I don't know how that.
Speaker 2: Doing too, because they show her and commercials and stuff you know there put her on camera.
Speaker 1: I forgot that they just basics.
Speaker 2: But last year when she started coming to the games, it showed like a big and jumps in the jersey and the purchase.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so okay. Shout outs of Taylor.
Speaker 2: So also in attendance. Jay Z was there with Blue Ivy and Roomy.
Speaker 1: So cute, so cute. Yeah, Gaddy did care. He does that. He's he's known to bring them to and Blue Ibby is his. Oh my goodness, so big, beautiful, she's so nice, young lady.
Speaker 2: She's not there because we know she's probably, you know, rehearsing for the Cowboy Carter tour.
Speaker 1: We're going. We're going to be there. Yeah, I'm let her be there, listen, but we all like where we going. We're going to Paris?
Speaker 2: Girl, Okay, well we we wait, yeah, chant, we won't be twelve three you know, let me phrase that.
Speaker 1: And Patty, yes, not wait for that. And so also we had.
Speaker 2: Doci and Lady got God we're seeing taking pictures in their sweet for the super Bowl And Doci just won a Grammy for Best Rap Album and she is literally the third female to win list.
Speaker 1: China corn Hill and Cardi B. So shut up.
Speaker 2: Yes, and she's a tamp she's a Tampa native. Gave a big shout out during her speech to shout out to Lady Goa.
Speaker 1: I meant girl, he loved but this is Doci's time. She oh yeah.
Speaker 2: She gave a big shout out to Tampa during her speech. It was so here during her speech, it was very touching. She seemed just very humble, very grateful. So she's our humble Boddy of the week.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the.
Speaker 2: Girl. Yes, I'm a fan, so we love Doci. Maybe we get a lady guy got and Dochi Collase. Maybe for Super Bowl one year.
Speaker 1: Okay, you.
Speaker 2: Speaking into existence for you, Doc, Yes, but before we close it, did y'all see the the scrimmage, Tianna Taylor was out there.
Speaker 1: She was out there. She almost shook me.
Speaker 2: And the life was she has a little jersey until of course that Yeah. It was the celebrity football flag football game that took play as Saturday night, and.
Speaker 1: It was so much fun. It was filled with so many influencers you had.
Speaker 2: I mean, we need to be and we need any of these because these times ladies right here can play.
Speaker 1: You have to Taylor, shake it up, Jordan Childs like it was. It was a fun time. Shout out to Kiafa and Michael Vick.
Speaker 2: Michael Vick was one of the quarterbacks against Cam Newton for the Black team, so listen, Mike, I was able to you on the next one. Were trying to place a little screamage. So were they playing tackle or was it no flag? Team was let me show you about killing it. She crept coming over trying to like coach, took me out. She was playing defense, she was playing offense.
Speaker 1: She was ready.
Speaker 2: She was because the person that you want, you gonna pick first if you need the last one, like girl, come over here, because your ass athletics out there tackling and it was not tackle.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Shut out to t and I'm wearing her shoes, by the way, so shout out to Tiana. But yeah, we need to play the next one, y'all avoiding that question. No, I'm down to play.
Speaker 1: Come on, now, you already know every day in my house.
Speaker 2: So it's a whole bunch of athleticism athleticism over here. So we do got the w NBA all start that's coming up in summertime, that comes in them. If y'all looking for somebody to know, I can block, I can cross over, I can shake, I can do whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm a two, I'm a one. Whatever it be, I'm a three, I make it happen. So I mean, my scoring record was just broken back in my high school. So well, we need you to do. I'm I can't done. I can't do. My durn is working on that. So if y'all need some people, y'all hit up the Humble Baby. Get it.
Speaker 2: Got videos of me crossing people up and hills and everything. I might have to play that again, all right, all right.
Speaker 1: Never out of my name like you was, and the mom was, all right, you guys, you know what time it is? Oh, what time is it? It's time for reals? Red flag flag? We need to get you some green flags.
Speaker 2: Well, well we're gonna determine if it's a red flag or a green flag. Okay, I'm gonna give you guys some scenarioka, and y'all tell me perfect red flag or green flag or whole aps. Okay, the first one. He never plans a date, but always wants to chill at your place.
Speaker 1: It's already trying to live at it. Yeah, red flat okay.
Speaker 2: I mean unless he's watching wax Riches on Netflix, and maybe we got somes and to talk out. No red flag we gotta be outside is at your place? First of all, he don't got no house o it's giving with his mama in exactly. That's what it sounds like. It's giving.
Speaker 1: You don't got no house, no thank you, And it.
Speaker 2: Takes prep, you know, to be at your own space, clean up, get ready for that, get the mood right yeah no.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, no, trying over that, eat, sleep and shit. Yeah. Red No, that's a hall ass.
Speaker 2: The next one, you've been dating for months but he hasn't introduced.
Speaker 1: You to any of his friends or family. Yellow flag. That's adoption. You can make it because I faint hall ass. Yeah, yellow flag.
Speaker 2: I mean I feel like it depends because some people, if he lets you know, like his intentions in the beginning, maybe he's he told you he's moving slow, that that's serious.
Speaker 1: Everybody don't need to meet your family true exactly. So I agree with that. I don't think that's, you know, a bad thing, but it just depends. Make sure what y'all paint is in the beginning.
Speaker 2: If he told you, like, you know, this is how I'm moving, and I'll play green flag. But if it's like you haven't disclosed anything, then what you got over there, what you got going on over there? I definitely would say red flag instead of hall ass, and I like, you're yellow, so we maybe we're gonna implement that. But I would say red flag just because I wouldn't want my children to meet someone, for example, so like I would include that as family. So it takes time to really understand about trust and also about just really who you were letting in your space, so it wouldn't be a hall ass yet I feel like it does take a lot more investment in the relationship before you introduce in the family.
Speaker 1: That's true. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: He's great in person, but he's dry, and he's a discant, and he's very discant over text. I don't see a problem with that. I mean, I feel like if he's good in person, that's good enough. I mean a text to me, because some people are the opposite. They're better in text than in person. They dry, right, Yeah, I would say green flag too, because I like in person person.
Speaker 1: I prefer I prefer in person. I feel like we're old school.
Speaker 2: We like the like the chase, we like intention, we like time being spent and yeah, so yeah, i'd rather that over tech. I like to check in in tech, you know, if it's quick, because we can't always just be on the phone or always in person, but I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I don't want that to be the form of communication true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Yeah, A friend always disappears when you're going through tough times but expects you to be there for her. I feel like I'm that friend that is always pouring into everybody, but then when it's time for me to be poured into, it's like a ghost town. Really, I do, yeah, just because I think I try to handle things on my own too, you know, so I think it's partly on me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I've definitely poured into a lot of people, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I pre pour into friends, but not enough because I'm so busy. So I wouldn't call it a red flat because I know, like I have so much going on. But if my friend like really really really really and they like, Sharilla, I need you, but they hate asking me for my help work because they know how busy I am. But I'm inconsiderate a red flag. But I know those are things that I had to sit back and look at because I do have friends that it's for. It's like, hey, Sharrell, like I really need you and it could. It has called some friendships, and we were on the thin line of I was on the thin line.
Speaker 1: Of losing friendships.
Speaker 2: So it's just I had to pull back and be like, you know, you got to take time out, put your your busy miss away, and take time out for your friends. So I've been a victim of, you know, not being there when my friends were going through things.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't intentional, understand.
Speaker 2: I think with friendships, everybody is going to feel that at some point, like everybody's going to feel like somebody could have been there for you more, or you could have been there for somebody more, you know, because life be lifing and we all be going through stuff. And I have just learned to just you got to meet people where they're at. And you know, I don't hold it against people anymore. I feel like when you expect a lot or expect something from somebody, you just set yourself up for disappointment.
Speaker 1: So I take what I can from my friends.
Speaker 2: And you know, I might can get something from you that I can't get from you, and I might can get something from you that I can't get from you. So I just try to, you know, fill my cup with everybody that God puts in my life, you know what I mean, and get what I can from who I need. And a lot of times if I still feel like I'm lacking, then I feel like I should just like pray about it, go to the Lord, because I'm probably looking in the wrong spots anyway for things that I need. So I wouldn't say like it's a red flag, like you know, everybody feels that way, and I think that that's normal and that's human. And I think that's my biggest thing because I've ran into situations like after things have happened and we talked about things, I need to learn how to be more soft. My biggest thing is my friends are I wouldn't say afraid, but they don't like to come to me because I show too much tough love. And I'm trying to work on like just softening myself and just being more soft and agree and come off more.
Speaker 1: I'm working on it, Leo.
Speaker 2: Being around you ladies, it's hard, like but I can see and I do hear my friends out and I hear when y'all say, like you know your deliverance it's too strong. So that's what I'm working on as a friend, as a mom, as a future wife. We're I'm often work off where we're all. That's very humble, baddy of you, Cherrelle. You I'm not a mean girl, no, but on some real stuff. That is something that I'm truly working on as a person.
Speaker 1: I agree. All right, you guys, that is enough of real red flags.
Speaker 2: If you all have any red flag scenarios questions, reach out to us on social media or visit our website. You can always reach out to us by going to www dot Humblebatties dot com.
Speaker 1: Thank you real for your red flag scenarios. What y'all think? Those were good? Nice and juicy.
Speaker 2: Now it's time for Humble Batties mail. So we got we have Michelle from Salt Lake City, Utah. Just there, Hey, Humble Batties. I love the podcast and plan to watch the Netflix show soon. I need some advice. My fiance and I are disagreeing about finance. We're planning to buy a house, but I have no idea where his money goes. So I just suggested we share a bank account. He got really defensive. Do you think couples should share finances, have access to each other's accounts, or keep everything separate. Would love to hear your thoughts, ladies, what are your thoughts on this? Let's help Miss Michelle out Hey, Michelle Girl, Hey, Michelle bo.
Speaker 1: Did you say that this was her boyfriend? She said fiance?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I feel like for this to be your fiance, you guys should have kind of already been aligned in what your plans were as far as buying a house and your finances. So since you don't know, you need to get one that asap. Y'all both need to sit down and have a conversation and you know, really make sure that you know what you guys have planned for your financials. It's just a little scary that y'all are already like engaged and you don't know that because finances are a big part of a relationship and can really like you know, make break, make a break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly your situation.
Speaker 2: So I would say, before y'all even get to talking about a house, y'all need to have a conversation about how you guys go about handling your financial situation, Like, are you guys going to share a bank account?
Speaker 1: Why is he so.
Speaker 2: You know, why did he get upset about even wanting to discuss it and you know, sharing your accounts, you know what is that all about? So I think there's some things that y'all need to tackle before y'all even start talking about buying a house together. I feel like, and I agree with you, Ashley, definitely discuss finances is a big topic and it can make a break a relationship. It's hard to answer that question in your scenario because it is he giving a problem where he can't put money down like are though that was not discussed. So if he's not responsible with his money, then yes, that's when you should be questioning where his money goes. But if he's responsible for his money, that at the end of the day, that's his money. Some people don't like sharre bank accounts. Some people just Okay, this is my responsibility, this is what I'm gonna take care of. This is your responsibility, this is what you're going to take care of. But if it comes to a point where he feels where you feel like, where y'all he's not meeting his end of the bargain or whatever, then yeah, then I will question it and and go in like what the hell is going on?
Speaker 1: But with my situation when I was you know, when Chad and I was together.
Speaker 2: Hell, I still got access to to his accounts or whatever, because I still help he's busy, I help him pay accounts. But and it's a trust, yes, But I think it's something like Ashley say, you guys, this is something in the beginning of your relationship that y'all should discuss.
Speaker 1: I feel transparency is key.
Speaker 2: I mean, the number one reason for divorce is finances still to this day, and it has been for years. And you're bringing into different incomes, you're merging two lives. You have to agree or disagree, but you have to agree on some sort of transparency, whatever that could be, and come to a conclusion of this is what we need to do. Maybe it's a joint account and you still have separate accounts, but maybe for that household account or just something like that. I just feel like you have to be honest and open about both of you guys's situations. Because when it is time to buy a home, y'all know this. It is the biggest purchase of your life, the most right. So it's like this is a that's a commitment. Sometimes it's a thirty year commitment. You never know what can happen when you never know, so it definitely needs to be transparency on all those lines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do y'all feel about buying a house with somebody that's not your spouse? I never need it, but would you.
Speaker 2: If I see, Well, it's hard for me because I'm gonna take advantage of that va.
Speaker 1: Long every time. Yeah, so you Well, for me, you would have to I would have to.
Speaker 2: Be married to that person, unless it's investment properties that we're going after. I'm big on, you know, going business deals, but I'm talking about purchasing your home with somebody that's not your spouse.
Speaker 1: That's kind of hard. That's tough. That's a big purchase. Yeah, but if you're yeah, that's a huge purchase.
Speaker 2: I would say if you're like, say it's a second spot, Like if I have my primary, I would be willing to do a secondary not but it would if I did that, we would have to get a lot of stuff in write in before Exactly.
Speaker 1: It has to be a fractual agreement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, sure, because they can up and leave any time, and if you don't have nothing in place, it's like, you know, your reliable just as much as they are. Yeah, long for it, just as much as they are. So that's a great question and use ladies thoughts. Thanks Michelle for your question. Thank you Michelle thalt Lake City and you said you were going to tune into Wax and Riches.
Speaker 1: Don't wait and then now it's your hot coffee girl, because I know it's cold, open here.
Speaker 2: Gant you some hot cocoa and curl up by the fireplace and tune in the Wax and Riches.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: Well, ladies, this concludes our episode, our super Bowl episode. Yeah. I just want to tell everybody thank you so much for tuning in to Humble Batties podcast.
Speaker 1: You can find us on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Make sure you click and subscribe and follow up with the latest details, some information and just really tap in with us. Ladies and gents. We appreciate you guys for watching, and don't forget. In honor of Black History Month, we're giving back to the community with a twenty five hundred dollars small business giveaway. Yes, if you're a small business owner and you feel like you qualify, make sure you send in your business details. We are selecting a winter February twenty first, but also remember you have to be subscribed to Humble Batties Podcast on YouTube in order to win, so if you're not subscribed, we will be checking you will not win.
Speaker 1: Twenty five hundred dollars can go a long way, Yes you can, and it's only going to one lucky winner.
Speaker 2: We're so passionate about supporting and uplifting our community and we can't wait to make a difference. So you guys make sure you take advantage of this opportunity, and once again thank you for watching and subscribing to the Humble Batties Podcast.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next time. Yes bye.
Speaker 2: St