Speaker 1: Speaks to the planet.
Speaker 2: I go by the name of Charlamagne Tha God and guess what I can't wait to see y'all at the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. That's right, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia, Saturday, April twenty six at Pullman Yards and it's hosted by none other than Decisions, Decisions Man, DyB and Weezy Okay now look, tickets are on sale now. We got the R and B Money podcast with taking Jay Valentine. We got the Woman of All podcast with Saray Jake Roberts, we got Good Mom's Bad Choices. Carrie Champion will be there with her next sports podcast, and the Trap Nerds podcast with more to be announced. And of course it's bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect marketplace with black owned businesses plus the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us. All right, listen, listen, listen. You don't want to miss this. Tap in and grab your tickets now at Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival's talk talk to them.
Speaker 1: You're just too unapologetically black women. Then with an opinion, he talks what's up y'all?
Speaker 3: It's your girl a J holiday?
Speaker 1: What's up tam BM Hey, I love y'all. I love you AJ. How you doing?
Speaker 3: Do you send me a million dollars?
Speaker 1: I ain't got it, but when I get it, I'll share it. How's your weekend?
Speaker 3: It was wonderful? It was spectacular.
Speaker 1: Oh you look so pretty this weekend. AJ, you look like you did like a nice lady.
Speaker 3: Y'all, hold on before I tell my weekend. We do have a guest on. We talked back this week y'all. Okay, we have B dizzar.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you got to say all love it like like a tribe. Call quest Brian b dot Miller. Everybody like that accent?
Speaker 4: Tim Van? What is that Barbados?
Speaker 1: No, that's I try to sound like, uh a mom?
Speaker 4: What's your mom from?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was my Barbadian? Is that how you did we have? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Brian lashbacks, I want to move to Barbados so bad. Like that's really like goals in life.
Speaker 1: So let me tell y'all about b dot b Do is a journalist essentially a music journalist and with a focus in hip hop.
Speaker 4: Correct that's pretty accurate.
Speaker 1: So he's listen, he's talked to, he's done interviews with all a lot of the greats, most of the greats, so we got like, we want to pick his brain and talk to him about what he knows and give us some of the inside scoop on these niggas.
Speaker 3: I I appreciate it, on some of the current events and hip hop today. I want to get his take on it.
Speaker 1: Now, listen, I want to talk about all your weekends. First.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me get back to my weekend. How Freddie I was and he was so huge. One of my good friends, la Quandra, we have been friends since middle school, but we reconnected maybe about three years ago now, and we've been like this, y'all can't see but glue since we reconnected.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy to be like friends with her, like right now and this part of her life, she's having a baby, because every time the old bitches get pregnant, I know I'm next. I'm always excited. Okay, Yes, So my friend she actually frowze her eggs the year before last, in twenty twenty three, and she ended up conceiving naturally last year, so she got less than a month. Like her due date is May first, so she had a beautiful baby shower for her baby boy that she's having, and I had the bitches riled up right because I was like, I'm wearing gloves, like, she looks so pretty. Yeah, so I'm like I wanted wings, bitch, I order some wings. They coming all the way from the Ukraine. I'm gonna sending a picture. I'm like, real big wings. Because I was like, I'm not.
Speaker 1: The god to walk around down women's baby shower with wing.
Speaker 3: I was I had a wand and I ain't even a damn my mother, No, but I'm the god mother. Okay, but listen, you look so pretty.
Speaker 1: I'm glad the wings didn't come because I think that would have messed up the outfit. The outfit was perfect.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna start dress like that on the regular.
Speaker 1: You look really beautiful. I was like, oh, look at my friend.
Speaker 3: I think if niggas see us dressed like that, they really won't think we are Finesser's like, we're gonna look nice and home. We with gloves, like these bitches don't look like they're gonna steal from us, and we're gonna take a mom.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna steal for them, like.
Speaker 3: So nice and easy going, and then gotcha yeah, and when we take the gloves off.
Speaker 1: So let me tell y'all about my weekend. Y'all. It was Dreamville, fast and well. I typically have my tickets in advance. I don't know if I fell off this year or what happened, but I did not. I have tickets in advance, and I ended up getting some tickets actually through Ludacris's team. They had me some tickets at the uh SO shout out to them. Shout out to them for send to me some tickets. Now, Brian beat up. He was like, hey, listen, I got you on the VIP. When you get here, just get in the gate. And I got you, y'all. I got in that first of all. It was seven hundred and fifty thousand people at that motherfucking shit. Okay, y'all. It felt so good outside though it was perfect. It was way last year it was cold. This year it was perfect weather. But every time I tried to call Brian, listen, it'd be like that, but that's all I could hear. Like you could not. It was no phone service, so I had to stay in Jim Pop y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, popped the whole time.
Speaker 5: Damn, I try to get you through the back door man.
Speaker 4: But it was too many people using the same tower.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like you couldn't you couldn't get on nobody on the phone. But regardless of being Jim Pop with seven hundred and fifty thousand people, I swear it with so many, I had the best time. My homegirl snuck a joint under her wig into the U the festival. So we's out there like smoking our little joint, envibing. I think everybody a childish. She put it in a zip lock bag and slid it right up under her wig. I was like, put this little mini bottle under your wig. But they wasn't checking like that. There was not. They was just checking for metal. That's all they were cared about. They was not concerned with no little joint. So it was fun and the music was good. It was just a vibe. I'm not a festival girly no more, though I don't think unless I had my VIP passed in advance. Even still, the walking is insane. If you can't walk, if you can't stand for a long time. And y'all know, I just got my foot back.
Speaker 3: Where was it?
Speaker 1: It was down bad, it was put up, But I just got that thing back and we walked at least twenty two miles. It felt like so but it was a good time. What about you, Brian Boy.
Speaker 5: As you alluded to, I was at Dreamville Fest. I'm still recovering from Dreamville Fest. I walked at least sixty thousand steps over the course of two days.
Speaker 4: I was walking like a civil rights activist.
Speaker 5: It was bad like in fact, my friends I got lost with them and I had to walk back to my hotel on Sunday, the last night. So I had a great time at Dreamville Fest. The first day I was I like to say I was performing because I did an interview with Boy Wonder, super producer, and after that, I just enjoyed my time with my friends. I had some high school friends come with me, some friends I know, you know, from the business, and it was just a great time. It felt like a big family reunion. So I was really happy with this week. In the outcome, I was looking for you.
Speaker 1: Ten but you know, minus one. That's what I was about, saying family minus one, because that.
Speaker 5: Was in I know, I know next year, God will whatever it looks like, maybe we'll figure it out.
Speaker 4: You know, you don't have to come.
Speaker 3: Through Ludacris, right, I don't have to be on that app signal and you can use that outside of like the regular cewer. Yeah, I love it, so like that's some doomsday ship. I think you should be able to use.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well I needed to download that because it was so bad, like you couldn't get a text to go through. You couldn't get nothing. It was just if you lost your friends.
Speaker 3: It was just over, you know, in one area.
Speaker 5: But I did get a lot of people into the area that I was in, so that was helpful.
Speaker 4: You know. We just had to do a little bit finessing, but we made it work.
Speaker 3: But you left. My friend Tam was on the other side of the world.
Speaker 4: She was Lucris Man.
Speaker 1: She was I was not with Lacris. I don't even know if Luthercris is there. Like one of Luthericrist's people was able to get me some tickets, you know, that's what happened. But I was like when I did talk to him, he was like, you're on the other side. So then I had to like trek, I trecked across the sea of people.
Speaker 4: It was like the million Mare in March. It was seven hundred and fifty thousand plus another seven.
Speaker 1: Fifty So yeah, it was so many people, but yeah made it and the music was it was great. But now I heard this was the last Dreamville Fest with j cole like in charge of it. Now it's gonna be uh, somebody else is gonna take over it, and it's probably gonna be white. Now, I bet I got a huge inkling that Nirvana or somebody else can Kirk Cobain is headlining this shit next year. Okay, because I.
Speaker 3: Rest time he's changing the name of it. It's not gonna be.
Speaker 1: It's still gonna be Dreamville Fast. It's just gonna be ran by somebody else. It's not gonna be he said.
Speaker 3: It's just maybe he's selling the festival.
Speaker 1: You think. Yeah, it's something something like that is happening where you know, because it brings like they the Raleigh makes one hundred and forty five million during that weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's gonna be branded into something else. It might be like Dreamville Cohn or something.
Speaker 4: Who knows, but we're gonna have to wait another twelve months to figure that out.
Speaker 3: But it's in Raleigh. Yeah, Why did I think it was in Fedville?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm there made neighbors.
Speaker 4: No Cole is from Fayetteville, but you know he's putting on for the city.
Speaker 1: I guess Faveville don't have no space like that to house that many people.
Speaker 3: I don't think interesting, And I need to give him the key to the city ship. You bringing that type of money in? Yeah, day fuck you want to do around there?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Because over a weekend you're bringing that much money in. It's crazy thing. Yep, all right, let's get in this. So I'm Sunday, when I was recuperating, I came in and I watched Housewives of Atlanta, and typically I haven't watched in a long time, but I tuned in because of all the talk about the the new cast member who had pulled a gun or mentioned not pulled a gun, but mentioned that sheated that she will will put a pull a gun on Kenya. So, y'all, Kenya has a launch party for her hairspot. And this is this beautiful place, y'all, I mean, it is really nice. And she does her speech, and y'all, she pulls out a poster size picture of this girl that threatened her sucking dick.
Speaker 3: You could not have possibly been that fucking scared because if I tell y'all gonna shoot your ayes and then you host some shit online with me sucking dick or do something an event, you could not be that scared of me shooting you bitch.
Speaker 1: Listen right exactly? That was low for even Kenya in my opinion, what was it? It was? That is like I feel like she ruined her own event. She made it a class list by doing that, and then that's just like, damn, that's so mean, Like can you imagine being somewhere with your mouth open with a dick in it for everybody to see?
Speaker 3: Like that girl is married?
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, it was a bad scene. So basically, Bravo has decided to stop filming with Kenya, so she won't be a part of this season, which is unfortunate because she is an entertaining cast member.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but she doesn't have a peach anymore, so maybe maybe she chose somebody out the newcomers to target right on the shore on the show like a supporting you no remember, but she's not. She doesn't have a peach. She's not a main character anymore. And I haven't watched last week's episode, but I remember I saw like a clip after I watched the week before it was like, you know, like the it gives you like a little preview of the fallen week next week. And she was like I'm the queen and you the peasant or something like that. She was telling the same girl. So maybe it was after that scene was filmed that the gun shit like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, popped off and listen. The girl came to the event and she brought this beautiful bouquet of flowers with the card in it, and she came up to Keny and was like, Hey, I want to apologize for our interaction and I really would like for us to start over kind of vibe. And King was like, girl, get out of my face. You know. Basically she ignored her because she knew what she wanted to do and if she accepted.
Speaker 3: Her apologets already committed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she couldn't do that, you know, she.
Speaker 3: Committed to being an evil bitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It is not She's not happy. She's real miserable, and I think she has a lot of childhood she needs to try to heal. She just she's just not nice. You have a lucky act like that.
Speaker 1: You're so beautiful, why you know you too? Not saying it's okay for ugly people to act like that, but you know you're too beautiful to be so hurtful, because I don't know a hurtful person would do something like that.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, I know her important.
Speaker 1: I feel like you have something to add right there.
Speaker 4: You're with this pic with a poster, like, do you go to Kinko's and say, hey, I want to get just printed out?
Speaker 3: Who is patty enough to do that ship at Kinko's because y'all.
Speaker 1: Need to be fine no more.
Speaker 3: She postalized that ship like it's probably like ups office on FedEx.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, I need a fifty fifty of this picture giving Office.
Speaker 3: Depot did that ship? I feel like off Office Depot got a lot of equipment they did that ship got.
Speaker 1: Pop copy, remember Dave Chappelle pop cop Definitely pop copy did that ship. I'm the manager.
Speaker 3: Shame on her, man, I need I need a can you to go get some goddamn therapy? Yeah? Now what you're talking about the girl being a video of Vixen?
Speaker 1: You were too man, And I know you do suck some dick, you know, like you suck some dick in this life. She's all fifty years old. I know, she's at least had one dick in her mouth in this lifetime on camera. I don't know about on camera, but I mean it's a little different.
Speaker 3: That's next level. On camera's next level.
Speaker 4: Well, at least homegirl could just take the picture, maybe frame it. You know, at this.
Speaker 1: Point, no throw that away, burn it. Nobody wants to Nobody wants to hanging up nowhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, because she's married and has like a you know, she's trying to have a child like, you know, for her husband. I don't see how she can. You know, she was a little bit younger, bitch started only fans just turn the lemon into lemonade. But nah, man, she really could have in this girl's life with that ship. Nobody was checking for it now. I don't know. Maybe Kenya didn't have to go too far for the research because you know, Twitter, they be on everybody fucking neck like that ship probably was just Google, I mean, put on Twitter and came right up, But Kenya didn't. Probably didn't have to research at all for it, right, So it was out there obviously if Keny was able to get her hands on it. But who the fuck is checking for that? I don't. I can't be that mean. Y'all don't think I'm real mean, but I have, Like my conscience is crazy, Like sometimes I don't say or do half the things I be wanting to do because I care.
Speaker 1: Right, you don't. That's why I said, that's a hurtful person's thing to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even if a motherfucker deserve it, I cannot find it in my soul. Is just be that nasty to somebody, right, all right?
Speaker 1: So what about this? I know y'all saw this video. I know you saw it. Beat that or maybe you didn't because you was at Dreamville and the VIP without me they had, all right, So a New York City woman decked a pro life activist claimed she was provoked into violence. So this video went viral over the weekend. UH two black women were having a discussion, a heated discussion about you know, abortion and being pro life and pro choice.
Speaker 3: Choice, and.
Speaker 1: The interviewer got punched in the mouth and punching the eye and her eye was bleeding really bad, and there's an argument going around about like what's she right? Like some people are supporting this girl getting hit in the face and saying like because she was pro life, you know. Yeah, it's good that you punched that pro life for her, and so weird, imagine.
Speaker 3: Mad because somebody is pro life take away like everything else. Just listen to that pro life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's insane to me. For instance, it's an alternative to being.
Speaker 3: Pro life pro death exactly. So when you look at it in that way, you're going to punch somebody in the face because you can't take what they're saying about life, right right, come on, what is happening? And I think that the internet is like, yes, sticking to that bitch because it's bigger than the argument. Right now, we go into politics. Now, we go into the most recent election and shit like that. So it's almost like people associate pro life with the Republican Party and Trump now being in office. So the people who are in support of a random interviewer getting punched in the phase by a random bitch who did not have to stop to even talk to her exactly. That you need to check yourself because it's showing like some real life mental illness right now. It's a lot of hatred.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that video disappointed me, you know, because just because you disagree with somebody doesn't give you the right to put your hands on them, you know what I mean, she should have been locked up, or she should have retaliated and hit her back. But I also it's disappointed because, you know, in a way, it kind of reinforces stereotypes about black women, black people that you know, we can't disagree without being violent, and that's unnecessary. You know, I think it sends a bad message just because I disagree with your perspective or your viewpoint. I don't think you should take it to you know, assaulting somebody.
Speaker 4: That's not cool. So she should have.
Speaker 1: Took that mic and wore her You had a whole metal mic in your head. You should have wore her ass out with that mic. She was me, No, she was not.
Speaker 3: How this shit was like, she really snuck the fuck out of that girl. Yeah, and I still yet don't care enough right to actually go fine and watch the full content. I want to see exactly at what point did you piss her off so much that she had to put her hands on you. I just haven't done my due diligence as of yet. But based on the small fifteen second clip online, bitch, you need to be in prison.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to go to jail, in jail for what you did because you can't handle a little verbal spark. And if you can't, then just walk away. You're on the city street. Nobody is holding you hostage to have this conversation, so you need to go to jail and.
Speaker 3: Give her the needle.
Speaker 1: Is the extreme.
Speaker 3: She'd probably be probably.
Speaker 1: Life, so don't give her the needle.
Speaker 3: Actually, she's pro choice, So bitch, do you want the.
Speaker 1: Fire and squad? No, I'm talking about the girl. The girl who was hit was pro life, so she's right. Yeah, mm hmm.
Speaker 3: We talk about abortions, not when people do heinous crimes like that.
Speaker 1: That's not heinous. Is extreme for just hitting somebody. Now, he was bleeding, she was bleding. Obviously she couldn't fight you tough right cleaning New York streets with that ass, she should have got wore out. I ain't gonna lie, but that lady was like bleeding and stunned. I remember I got hitting the club one time like that, and I was stunned. But it was thank God that my sister was right there beside me, and that girl didn't know my sister was listen. I am a lover. I don't be in the club fighting. That is not my estetic. I had on a two thousand dollars dress. I was not supposed to be fighting nobody. But this girl hit me. This is in Miami at lived and this girl hit me, and it was I didn't even know her, you know, Like, so I didn't even know that the beef was that beefy, right, So why did because I was the biggest.
Speaker 3: One was impossible of beef?
Speaker 1: Yeah it was.
Speaker 4: It was beef. It was real beef.
Speaker 3: That meat was really beyond beef. Bitch.
Speaker 1: She hit me, and I was stunned because I just didn't know I was about to get hit. And then she grabbed my hair and I turned this way after I got hit, and she pulled my hair and then my sister was like, you hit my sister, bitch, and dang me and we wore her ass out her head like we was knocking the Mario coins out her head like, but let me tell you did like because she turned around when I started tagging that head, so she kicked backwards with her uh, with her heel and then caught me in the sh and it did not hurt that day. Well, baby, walking through the airport the next day Auntie was limping. Why wasn't Auntie? I was young for that man. Damn, there was no footage. Somebody hit the table.
Speaker 3: It was bad.
Speaker 4: You need it.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: So Asha Howard addresses comments regarding her child with Anthony Edwards. So Anthony Edwards uh X addressed what she what she called lies and fake news after rumors that the Minnesota Timberwolves star requested to pay more than a million dollars upfront for eighteen years of child support for their daughter. Aubrey Summer. Edwards is the baby's name, who was born law last according to news outlets. So I had to ask y'aut who Anthony Edwards was.
Speaker 1: But now I know, okay, young basketball player, and it seems like he's having a lot of unprotected sex. It seems like it's a lot of girls popping up with babies by this man, and he's saying that he don't want any of the kids. Now, I have mixed feelings about this, because if a woman gets pregnant and decides that she don't want the kid, there's things that she can do. If a man gets a woman pregnant and decides he don't want the kid, we're like, you should have used the kind of you should have used discernment, now you need Oh you a daddby father. Oh you don't want the kid, And that just seems kind of like unfair in a way. So I have mixed feelings about it because I do feel like every like if the if the kid exists, you should take care of it or get a set. To me, if you don't want kids, there's an options for you as well, you know. But I do feel like I can understand from a man's perspective, like, why is it for her to say, like, oh, I can terminate this child, but I have to be a part of it, right.
Speaker 3: Why you ain't just say that this was baby low Baby baby mama. Why you ain't just tell me that? When I asked, y'all who Anthony Edwards was anyway.
Speaker 1: Baby mama?
Speaker 3: Yes, that is Low Babies baby mama. Anthony is little Babies baby the baby mama Anthony Edwards baby mama is low Baby's baby mama. What I should have said?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how so.
Speaker 3: Anyway, here's the thing. Dumb babies come out that man's nuts first. That's your child, sir? Why you give me that?
Speaker 1: So you should have the we don't want to cultivate.
Speaker 3: If you didn't want it to cultivate, why did you give it to me? So you mean to tell me that this young boy is going around and pregnant in multiple people and then flipping on them like I don't want because they're referring to her as an X So was he in a relationship with her or not when she conceived and he decided he didn't want to be there after after the fact. There has to be like some type of repercussions for that shit. I do believe, And we talk about this shit all the time, like I'm down the middle with the things I do not believe in struggling. Then I also, you know, like I think there's a lot of people who are happy to exist right now because they moms made the choice.
Speaker 1: To have swallow them or circummen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so boy, this is where they need to come up with some type of birth control for men, because y'all want to control what the fuck women can do with our like what we do with our bodies in every which way, and men are out here being careless their entire lives, ruining lives, creating broken homes, creating baby mamas.
Speaker 1: It does shoot out of y'all. First, you know it's your baby.
Speaker 3: First, that's your motherfucker. You leave me with a baby, I'm putting that baby on the porch, calling you from the corner.
Speaker 1: What i'maids, what I'm gonna do? What is.
Speaker 3: Especially as a boy, Like what the fuck I'm gonna do with a little nigga? Like, come get your baby? That's terrible, A little man, a little boy. What i'ma do with your little baby? Like, come get your kid? Little baby?
Speaker 5: Look, I mean I see, I see both sides of the corner, right, I mean, I don't think if a man doesn't want to have a child, a woman should you know, respect that. Take that to consideration after the consummation. Maybe take that pill that you know lasts up to what forty eight hours, seventy two.
Speaker 1: Hours at that point, But I think you would have had the conversation in advance. You don't know you're pregnant in forty eight hours, you know, listen.
Speaker 4: I know what I did.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm gonna take your ass the Walgreens, pay that fifty dollars, and you're gonna swallow the pills. Okay, because it was a mistake, But at the same time, Anthony also has to take accountability for his actions, you know, especially if you're weeks and months into the pregnancy. You know, like what's done is done, the eggs are already scrambled. Then you know you have to take you have to man up their consequences to your actions.
Speaker 4: So I see it from both angles, and even.
Speaker 3: Just saying take the pill, like you don't have to go to that, you cannot just keep taking. I'm pretty sure this girl has taken plenty of Plan b's in her like that.
Speaker 1: It is not good for your body.
Speaker 3: It's not you give me a body like like a super soup up a bunch of estrogen and whatever else. You know what I'm saying, to force now a miscarriage essentially if the baby did if there was implementation implantation at some point possibly right, or I guess the first seventy two hours you're trying to kill sperm essentially, Yeah, spirm no implementation, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, it's either that or eighteen years of a headache.
Speaker 4: You know, you you pick. So I mean prays for everybody involved, maybe less to say.
Speaker 1: And hopefully that baby grows up to do something amazing, right.
Speaker 5: It's just sad too, because you know, kids do grow up and you can see things on the internet, you can read things, and you know, yeah, my dad didn't want me.
Speaker 4: Like that's that's.
Speaker 1: Messed up, and that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes it does, she said.
Speaker 3: One more thing to add on the bottom, she said. She stated that she is often labeled a gold digger due to her history of having a child with a successful artist, but say that she does not appreciate the comments suggesting that she kept her baby with Edwards for a check and child support rumors. That is fucked up. She kept her baby because she's pregnant, and maybe she doesn't want to have an abortion. Maybe she's taking accountability and accepting her blessing. How about that? How about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the fucking public. We're gonna kick it to some sponsors and we'll be right back after this break.
Speaker 1: All right, now, we're bad guys. Beat out. Let's talk about you. Let's talk about all the things you've done, because you're so amazing. Le'll be talking to So tell us how you started, Like, how did you become a music journalist?
Speaker 4: Well it started back in the turn of the century.
Speaker 5: Back when I was in college and I went to Delaware State University and I was freelancer for a bunch of magazines at the time. And then once I graduated college, the day after, I started working at Harvest Publications, which is the parent company for magazines like ex Excel, King Rides, and Slam Magazines. So I was already integrated into the system. And yeah, I was doing that for a long time, and then I pivoted into doing a blog era with rap Radar dot Com in two thousand and eight, two thousand and nine.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this, how does one cause you know, I I would love to write for a magazine, how do you want to go about it? Because it's not like you can just wake up today and be like, hey, yeah, I'm about to go write for Essence, you know, like you gotta.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, well, time is different now, you know, the game is definitely different.
Speaker 4: Magazines aren't what they used to be.
Speaker 5: When I was writing, it was a really lucrative and it was a profitable business to be in. You know, you used to get like a dollar word if you wrote like a three thousand dour three thousand word piece or something like that.
Speaker 4: But those days are kind of over.
Speaker 5: But it was just about pitching editors, you know, if you had an idea of reaching out to somebody that was in charge and hopefully they liked your idea.
Speaker 4: It was really that really that simple. But those are the good old days.
Speaker 1: It's not like that no more.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not.
Speaker 5: It's even hard to find like a magazine, like a news stand, like you know, unless you're in the supermarket or in a major metropolitan area.
Speaker 4: You know, they're not like how they used to be.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, magazines everywhere exactly, and.
Speaker 4: It kind of expensive too.
Speaker 5: I don't want to say print is dead because I still have a lot of colleagues in the business, but it's not where it used to be, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, I don't. I can't remember the last time I actually went out and purchased a magazine. I don't even know, like a grocery score, yeah, you know, I wouldn't even know where to get one.
Speaker 3: I have newspapers because when certain things happen, I'll go by like a New York Times newspaper, or I'll go buy the local newspaper, like when the wars and shit started. Because I just feel like we're gonna like they have the most correct information in the newspapers. Nobody is expecting you to read, right.
Speaker 4: But those are becoming more of like collector's.
Speaker 5: Items, like, but there are some people that are still like tangible media, Like some people love reading actual books versus the kindle.
Speaker 4: So I get it, but it's not the majority of how it used to be. It's more of a minority.
Speaker 1: So I am a book early. It's either like an actual page turner or audible. Yeah, but Kendall, I won't do I don't want to read it on a phone. Yeah, it needs to be a book or listen.
Speaker 3: And even with audio audible, like I'll listen to that my sleep, but I still have to really read to comprehend. I'll listen to things, but I still got to read the book and that's afterwards.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of kind of the same way.
Speaker 5: Like even to this day, I still have all my old magazines because I love tangible media, and I use them as reference points if I have to interview somebody, you know, that's like a lexi acent like that.
Speaker 4: So it's still it's still useful for sure.
Speaker 1: Now, AJ had a very interesting question about Kendrick Lamar and Drake, and I want her to ask it because I thought it was all right. So my friend is a conspiracy Theoristka.
Speaker 3: First of all, I'm not a conspiracy anything. I am a realist, right, And if we want to call people conspiracy theorist, we probably like one hundred and oh right now rather or not. Y'a've seen you know the truth or not? I can't. You know. I'm no longer arguing people's perspective anymore, but I do like to hear other people's perspective on things. So I am a Gemini, right, so I be trusting Geminis. I trust Kendrick Lamar. I still fuck with Kanye even if niggas is still trying to ostracize Kanye West. Okay, because a lot of times we just don't be right now for niggas, and it's understandable. I want your perspective on the Kendrick Lamar and Drake beef because from our very first episode, I said that Drake is the white man that infiltrated hip hop. Okay, That's how I feel about Drake, like people want to think about Eminem, all these all these other white folks that know Drake studied hip hop like a college course, and he succeeded. He's kum Lati he is, you know, he's that nigga right. So after further, because Tam hated us, she hated all of us during the time, she even got out our group chat because we just like, yeah, Kendrake, fu fuck that white man's like, you know, just wilding out, you know, just picking side essentially. But I am a true Gemini, so I do stay down the middle, so I can see both sides of all the things, right, And I know that we do not own this industry. We are definitely of the music, the you know, we don't really own the culture, the culture anymore essentially. So do you feel like there could have possibly been a sanction, like somebody sanctioned that's above everybody's head, sanctioned this attack on Drake? No, no, oh no.
Speaker 4: No no no.
Speaker 5: I respect the conspiracy theory, you know, but now I don't think it's I think it's a little bit more simplified than that, you know. Okay, this has been a battle that's been brewined for a long time. It's been bubbling in hip hop conversations for a while, and I think it was just one of these moments where Kendrick was like, you know what, I'm the best. I don't want to share this big three throne. I don't want to, you know, share the crown. I'm the best rap in the game. And if you feel otherwise, prove it. And that's what happened. I was the gist of it. I feel like Kendrick came out on top that simple though.
Speaker 3: Once you start calling somebody a pedo, a PDF file and all that stuff, you know, is it that simple?
Speaker 5: Love is a battlefield and so is hip hop and it's just about the war of the words, like who can say, who can insult somebody the best or you know, you know, make you feel inferior. And I think that's what Kendrick did, you know, effectively, you know, not like us.
Speaker 4: It's like one of the not like us.
Speaker 5: It's almost like one of those iconic hip hop songs, kind of like a Baby Got Back or like jump around like or you know, like one of those songs is going to be here forever, like I Sight's Baby Can't touch It. It's like one of those one of those iconic rap songs. It's going to be here forever. It's more than just a disrecord at this point, it's like part of pop culture absolutely.
Speaker 3: To me, like just the words of the song and even the other song when he came up with kill the Party whatever, like all all those songs are more than just songs. And I don't even think it really has anything to do with Drake. At some point the content in these lyrics to me, because my brain go a step further with a lot of things, it was, it didn't seem like it was all about It's not all about Drake. They not like us, they not like us. It's not all about Drake.
Speaker 4: No, it's definitely all about Drake. I just think at this point, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Kendrick is way more complex than I think he. I think he put he put everybody in the fucking pot and cooked them.
Speaker 4: No, it's it's definitely about Drake. But because Drake's the target.
Speaker 5: But I think the song has become so big it's like the macarena, right, Like it's transcended as a disrecord. It's just like a record at this point, and Drakes just so happens to be the focus of it.
Speaker 1: So when Kendrick Lamar did Kendrick and Friends, and I will, Yeah, that's where I met you had to pop out. I was just so my flabbers were gassed because all the white people were like, they're not like us, they not like us, And I was looking, like, we talk about y'all, that's what I'm even bigger than drink like y'all not even But that says something about the white consciousness and psyche that they're not even offended. They don't even care they're in there because like it should be insulting to you, you know, in some way it should be insulting, but instead you're in here cripwalking to think about.
Speaker 4: Hip hop for better for worse.
Speaker 5: It's an inclusive culture, right, Like we talk about inclusivity a lot in today's society. There's no more there's no culture that's more inclusive than hip hop. So you know, whether you're black, White, Puerto Rica, y Haitian, you're down with us.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. So it transcends race, creed, economic status.
Speaker 5: So if you get it, you get it, you know, And I think that's the reason why people like you're saying Tan felt comfortable reciting the words the way they were at the in the spaces because they feel like they're on they're part of the culture.
Speaker 1: And they are like us, is what they assume.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the reason.
Speaker 1: About me is about.
Speaker 3: Nig ship. They don't necessarily like niggas though they not like us, I.
Speaker 1: Think, but I think in their minds perhaps they are, you know, right, because.
Speaker 5: If you're let's say you're a white person that loves hip hop music, you grew up in hip hop culture, you can identify with what Kendrick Lamar is saying. You know, your your hip hop regardless of your skin color. And I feel like, Okay, if Kendrick is saying you're not like that, I'm down with that. I'm down with this cause. So I think that's why people identify.
Speaker 1: With Speaking of since we got in touching on race, yes, me and Charlemagne got into heated discussion about people who are Puerto Rican and Hispanic using the INN words. So gratu is this right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And is it okay? Is it okay? Like for the fact Joe's the Cardi B's the people who are you know, of Hispanic culture to use the N word like they do, why do we give them a pass? You know, especially in hip hop?
Speaker 5: I think it depends on where you're from, right, Like I'm born and raised in New York City, South Jamerica, Queens to be specific, right, and get.
Speaker 1: The money dollars, got money where you're from, Queens from Queens.
Speaker 4: Right. When you're from New York City, you're surrounded by all kinds of ethnicities, you know what I'm saying, Like, it's just we're all bunched together. So if someone is from.
Speaker 5: Another place, so another city of town, and they hear a non black, first of nobody should be saying the word period. Right, yes, let's just be clear. We shouldn't be saying it anyway. So when you're from out of town and you hear somebody that's not black say it, it's almost alarming. It's like, oh my gosh, what did you are you hearing this? It's like, and you from New York, that's your first word. It's not mama, it's not that.
Speaker 4: It's nigga, damn. That's that's just what it is, you know what I'm saying, Like, everything's a nigga in New York. It's almost like a verb. It's a noun. It's an adjective. That's just what it is. And it's the way we grew up in New York City.
Speaker 5: Like if you grow up, go to a public school, you going to school with a black kid, you going with an Asian kid, white, and everyone just saying it's just part of it's it's it's a fucked up way of thinking, but that's just what it is. That's the reality of how it is growing up in New York City. And it's it's crazy because New York City not many people, kind of a small space geographically, but it has such an impact on the world, you know, So I can understand why some people are so offended by that, and like it's hard to comprehend and understand.
Speaker 4: I don't get offended by it.
Speaker 3: Thought, Yeah, I don't. I don't know that's important. Yeah, you know, somebody, a white person just better not directly say hey, nigga to me per se like that. I would have a problem with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I think again, I'm not to cut you off, AJ, But I think context is important, right, because I have white people that they're not trying to be hurtful, but they just say it in conversation to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's not so a white guy would be like this nigga cutting me.
Speaker 3: Off in traffic it's see, it's content with that icy not hickey, that hic down South hick accent in my head.
Speaker 4: Like I don't know about y'all. Racism be funny to me, man, like I could have survived a sixty I'll just be laughing at someone was being disrespectful to me, Like you, nigga.
Speaker 3: I've never been like I have never like had like overt racism happened to me, you know, by the hands of a white person. It was a Hispanic man who called me and my little cousin, me and my cousins monkeys when we were kids.
Speaker 5: That happened, right, I've experienced things like that. But like again, it's just all about how you're saying what you're saying it, you know what I mean. It's just like time and place a little bit, you know, Like I know when you're trying to be hurtful or disrespectful, but if you're talking to me in a way where it's like as if the communication is mutual, I'm not like offended by that. And as a journalist, you know, I'm not offended by words. I've heard it all offended you know, come to me.
Speaker 3: But why can't we say Jewish right. You see how they they coven their their religion, you know what I'm saying. You see how they they they are now creating hate speech doctrines and laws and shit like that. Like I feel like that's how we as black people need to start gate keeping shit understand, because it's a reason why that they move the way they do and why they are successful as as successful as they already do not tolerate disrespect in any capacity. And I feel like that's the type of ship we need to be honest with.
Speaker 1: Cooking.
Speaker 3: You can't say that ship.
Speaker 4: No, I agree with you.
Speaker 3: We of this culture, of this culture we supposedly don't have.
Speaker 4: Now, you're right.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm a hypocrite, you know when it comes to that as well, because I try my heart. It's especially not to say it within mixed company. I try not to say it at all, but it's like it's almost indoctrinated at this point. But we do collectively need to come up with you know, it needs to be like if someone called me colored, I'd be offended if someone said negro of it, like some almost like what like it's such an antiquated term to call somebody.
Speaker 1: Colored, Like what I lost a friend because she said colored people.
Speaker 3: She's white.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were. We were drunk at the waffle house. I don't know. The conversation was, we were talking about being lactose and tolerant, and she asked our server, who was a black woman, she said, are colored people really lactose and tolerant? Looked at me like this your people? So I had to like, and I was like, really drunk and maybe how I because I don't think she meant offense by it, you know, in hindsight. But I went over. I got up out my seat and I went over to her, and I stroked her head and I whispered in her ear, if you ever say colored people again, I'm gonna whoop your motherfucking ass, Brittany. He looked at me, and she saw I was very serious, and she never spoke to me again. We were not friends after that, and I probably could have uh not been stroking her head and letting her know, like, bitch, this is real.
Speaker 3: Like I got a gun for bitches like you.
Speaker 1: There's a way that wasn't like because I don't in hindsight, I don't think she meant it.
Speaker 3: From no, but what you learn when you have friends who are white, that the ones like you have have camaraderie with their family be racist, Like they'll tell you, like my people, like one of my only white home girl, I know her family in Tennessee do not like black people like that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's probably and she definitely was from one of those families. And I know that's why colored rolled off her tongue so smooth like that.
Speaker 3: That is some old down South nasty.
Speaker 5: You're offended by that word, Like that's how we should be offended by saying the N word or other words like that, because it sounds it's antiquated. No one says that anymore, you know, So I don't know, maybe it's bigger than me and all of us at this point. You just need to come collectively and just change the way we speak, in the way we think.
Speaker 1: Right, we just need a paradigm shift and this way yeah, consciousness.
Speaker 3: Oh, we should just start calling them. I said, I'm going to start saying Caucasian American, all right, European American calling as black Americans. You see what I'm saying. So we just got to start flipping a strip on them, like, yeah, it was a it was a European American guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I never.
Speaker 5: I never subscribed to the term African American personally. I never liked it because I'm a black American.
Speaker 4: What is somebody from.
Speaker 1: Canadall, You're just American essentially, right, Yeah, you are, you.
Speaker 4: Know, because you know they're black people all across the world.
Speaker 5: What if something like Pele, the soccer player that died from Brazil, is he African American?
Speaker 4: No, he's from Brazil. You know.
Speaker 3: That's why we can't take these things lightly because the language is already a curse. And in the way that they do stuff intentionally to us, it is to intentionally not tie us to this land. That's why they calling us African American. They want to make sure we always feel like we don't have a fucking home. Meanwhile, this has been our ship before it was theirs. They are they are more immigrants than us, right, you see what I'm saying. So we do have to like take this shiit seriously. It's not like, I mean, I don't care about the word nigger and that like nigger, y'all right, I don't care about the word nigga like that. I even spell a different you know, what I'm saying. I spell a k n E A k n e g a h nigga. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, I even spell nigga different, you know, just to take the power from it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I was out and someone called me a nigger hardy r right now, I think I would be like ooh ooh word like it don't it don't affect me like I think it would have fifteen years ago.
Speaker 4: Right. That comes with evolution, you know.
Speaker 1: And oh you hurt my feeling?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what, Yeah, I don't be like you and nigga.
Speaker 1: Don't call me fat. That's a fighting word for me. Call me fat.
Speaker 3: You win. You already win, like I'm calling my mom like.
Speaker 1: You can't hurt me with that because I know I'm not that. I am a little on the chunky side.
Speaker 3: Gosh had them, you know, not the little ones. They had, like the bigger containers on sound And I definitely bought a strawberry Adam vanoa. Okay, that ship.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's talk about the transition for rappers. Like, allright, so, as hip hop is getting older, some of our artists are getting older and some people like all right, so for Jay Z, for instance, his content is changing with him. Do you feel like he still has the same following at theme this time? Are the young people like listening to jay Z? Then you have like the Jim Joneses who who's content might not be evolving.
Speaker 3: It just sounds like a Jim Whyan That's what we're calling that nigga going forward? Why in Jim? Why in Jim? It's like, you know what I'm saying, Like he like a young old nigga, yea a grown boy his content, you know. And I did listen to his last album came out like a couple of years ago, could be around the same time as four four four probably, But this recent freestyle I saw him do, I'm like, man like, if you don't throw the fuck up?
Speaker 1: Boy. So my question to you is should they age out of hip hop?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 4: I think if you still have something great to say.
Speaker 5: I don't think hip hop has a specific age for listenership Like jay Z. It's been almost eight years since his last album. We're still waiting on new content from him. You know, I'm sure he has a lot to say and a lot to talk about. But I also think it's like a misconception. It seems like as if a person has to be on under twenty five for their listenership to be valued. You know, people that are in their thirties and forties and fifties and someone still love rap. I don't know why there's so much emphasis on you know, like the age is eleven to eighteen, as if that's the only people that listen to hip hop. You know, there's a lot of rappers with different perspectives that have things to offer, things to say. So I don't think jay Z at this point cares if someone is eighteen years old listening to him. You know he's gonna be good regardless. And at this point in his life, I don't think he's making music for money. So just music to you know, art, this is art at this point.
Speaker 3: But niggas he makes it. He's like, man, I make this this for these niggas.
Speaker 5: In ptition, you know, it's like a hobby or like you know, she started to do it for him just to get his message across. So as far as agent or not, if you said, have something great to say and it connects, I'm all for it, regardless of age.
Speaker 1: So I'm finding that, like older artists are well I'll speak to one artist, Andre three thousand, said nobody wanted to hear what he has to say, or he couldn't come up with anything to say.
Speaker 4: Andre's full of shit. And I like Andre three thousand.
Speaker 5: I met him a couple of times hung out, but I hate when he does his self deprecating shit.
Speaker 4: It's like, bro, you're great, You're one of the greatest.
Speaker 3: Trying to be humble fake come yeah, it's like the humanly.
Speaker 5: I don't know what to say, like cut it out, man, Like big Boy is one of my favorites, and you're still performing at a high level, you know, And he has a lot to say.
Speaker 4: So Andre, you know this humility tour that he's on, like cut it out.
Speaker 1: But remember many many years ago, I remember him saying, trying to outdo the last verse that I burst. That is my curse. So maybe he does feel like he can't say. But he came out with that flute shit and I was disappointed.
Speaker 4: No, I was not.
Speaker 3: I still listen to that.
Speaker 1: I still go to sleep listen oh that, I go to sleep to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, meditation music. If I go to sleep to it, I meditate to it. I be playing it in the house like sometimes I'll even turn like some zen shit on YouTube, or I'll put that album on YouTube, like the candles and shit. So when I walk in, I feel like, right, that is a good album.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Okay, it's good for that, but I'm not like, oh, let me get dressed, I'm about to put on this flute out for that.
Speaker 3: It's not for that. It's like for you to connect consciously, right and subconsciously. It's just it's different.
Speaker 4: It's not rap, but that's not what we love. Andred three thousand for right exactly his.
Speaker 3: I love him now because he could do all the things. That makes me love him even more that he put this album out, a flute album like what niggas is doing.
Speaker 1: The best part of the album for me was the titles of the songs like yeah and that was let to So it's still you can do that rap over that fucking flute. Andre God damn.
Speaker 4: So when it comes to hundred two thousand, it really pisses me off when he said that, because also it sets the tone for a lot of other artists. You know, it's just a bad predic resident like, oh, I'm a certain age, I gotta rap about Colon Oscar Piece. Yeah, maybe you can, but doing it.
Speaker 3: In a clever way, you know, right, Will Smith is rapping. You see Will Smith is doing all his freestyles, and what do you think about that?
Speaker 4: You know, shout out to Wilsmith.
Speaker 5: We had a great conversation with him out in Budapest a few years ago, and you know, he still loves making music.
Speaker 4: I don't think this is.
Speaker 5: Necessarily the greatest music that I've heard from mister Smith, but you know he's still he's still going to be doing it. I mean again, he's not making music for money, and he's still going to be able to do shows from his older material. So you know, it's not necessarily for me and I'm not connecting with it, but I'm sure there's an audience out there that and that's why.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, like, is there do you age out where people still want to hear you?
Speaker 4: You know, like, I think you have to be self aware. You know, I hate it when rappers are out in the world and people like, yo, when's the new album come out? And you don't really care.
Speaker 5: You know, you have to be aware of who you are and your your stocking the game at a specific at a specific moment, like do people want a new jay Z album?
Speaker 4: Yes? Do people want a new Silk the Shock album? No?
Speaker 3: Like you have to be not so subjective.
Speaker 4: I would like to see collectively.
Speaker 3: That's my favorite word for feeding or asking for a new album.
Speaker 4: No, no, just the Silk. But I'm just saying, m if.
Speaker 1: He came out with something, I give it a give it a try.
Speaker 3: Now I used to get them every week.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: On this topic, my question really wasn't wasn't really more so about like aging out, but just making sure if you are going to continue to be an artist rapping, like for the music to be age appropriate because, like you said, like whoever gonna fuck with are gonna fuck with it? Jay Z may not be making music for eighteen year olds. He made that album for us, you know what I'm saying, the grown people who trying to get their credit some land vacation for a living like yeah, like generational wealth, Well yeah yes, and no.
Speaker 4: Like I struggle with that, right because what is age appropriate music? Right? We're all practically the same age, right, Those.
Speaker 3: Niggas ain't in a hood no more. Why are you rapping about that?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: At what point do we take a social accountability for our community. Also, I think the older you get you have to have some type of social responsibility for the people who are.
Speaker 5: Rap is creative writing to me, right, So you can rap about the hood from a different perspective. You can rap about it from a narrative, as a as a fictional tale or something that you were really involved with at.
Speaker 4: A certain point of your life. So I agree with you're saying, like jay Z's rapping about a lot of financial literacy things and things that are affecting him on a personal level.
Speaker 5: But I also think you could just be creative, like you could talk about whatever you want. It's it's kind of fucked up how like rappers are held to the standard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have to you know, live it.
Speaker 4: We have a little activists.
Speaker 5: Maybe I just want to be creative, Like, why doesn't Mars Scorsese get held to that standard?
Speaker 4: Why does other people.
Speaker 3: That saying Kendrick trying to free the slaves?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think he's.
Speaker 5: Kenrick esthetic comes off kind of real, holistic and like you know, vernola ish at times, and I think that's where Drake is trying to poke fun at.
Speaker 4: But Kendrick has a song called Reincarnated on GNA.
Speaker 5: I love that song, and that's him about taking the Ahawaska or whatever it is and having these you know, psychotic episode but that's creative, like he's doing Gloria. He's talking about a pen and using personification, Like is there is there age for that? Because I remember at thirteen years old or eleven years old, we learned about personification in English class.
Speaker 4: You know, that's an example of it. So I don't know. I just think about the artists and if they're capable of performing at a higher level.
Speaker 1: I mean that's fair.
Speaker 4: That's all. Freedom rappers, man, Freedom rappers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, freedom rappers. When we come back from this break, I want to get into one last topic on hip hop. One of my favorite people be not Yes.
Speaker 1: When we come back from this break, we're going to need a SIMP series story for you, so you got time to think about it.
Speaker 4: A SIMP series. Oh man?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: So I want to talk about one of my favorite gemini is Kanye West. Did you watch the Academics, the DJ Academics interview with Kanye West recently last night before last?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It was like think the week before last week, I didn't why. I just saw clips I'm just kind of like turned off, like mister West had this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tell me what you think, tell me what you think about Kanye right now?
Speaker 4: He's full of shit, man, Like.
Speaker 3: No, I always say that, don't, Tim, Don't I always say Kanye full of shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: A lot of people say he's crazy Kanye that Nigga's saying. Man, he is saying. He knows exactly what he's doing. I think he's just trying to see how far you could push the envelope without getting canceled.
Speaker 4: It's like a social experiment on wrong gone left, and I think it's gone.
Speaker 3: He's already been canceled.
Speaker 1: He's just not canceled.
Speaker 5: I think he's trying to I don't know what he's trying to prove, but it's like it's not work. I think it's I think the joke is a little bit. It's gone too far. And at this point, he's just making himself look bad. It's like an embarrassment at this point.
Speaker 1: So like him doing like that he said about jay Z and Beyonce's kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you're going a little bit.
Speaker 3: The thing that everybody been talking about is some kids is well, I won't say it since they were born. But no, absolutely should have never tweeted that, right, But it's definitely been topic of discussion for years now.
Speaker 5: But you know, yeah, these are children we're talking about, right, so we have to you know it, whether it's true or false, we don't know.
Speaker 4: It's all speculation, right.
Speaker 5: It's not so for you to disrespect someone who I'm assuming was your friend, like in that manner, that's not cool at all. But then wearing disrespecting Jewish people and wearing a swastika and like.
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Like, come on operating that white lady around get all over the place.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, like.
Speaker 5: Kanye's mom I met her once, she would be disappointed in him at this point. And I just so when it comes to that interview, I just haven't haven't really tapped.
Speaker 4: I'm not interested, brilliant.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing. I don't think people really want to see a Kanye interview right now, Like they're not gonna they're not expecting a sound person to come through in an interview at this point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wouldn't want to interview Kanye West at this point because it's nothing, there's nothing new to talk about. He's gonna justs you know Jay Z or Beyonce, Jewish people. It's like it's not it's tried.
Speaker 4: At this point, we've heard it already, you tweeted it out. We get it. What about your music? You know, that's what we fell in love with? You know?
Speaker 3: Did y'all miss the part when he said he got when he was talking about this is this is during COVID kind of when it was he put the text messages out about how his trainer had drugged him essentially and also threatening to like put him away where he would never see his kids no more. Trainer. Yeah, supposedly just a trainer, but he's a Canadian man who actually uh worked for the Canadian government, also dabbled in a lot of mind control type medications and stuff like that. You laughing, But this is real where we played with Kanye like he was just going crazy and he's literally telling the public what happened to him and what's probably happened to a lot of people in the industry, like people be randomly just passing away because this same man is tied to a lot of other not just black people, right, who have since passed away. Right. So I think that sometimes we like just brush Kanye off as being crazy, all full of shit, and we're not actually looking at what he is trying to say, because he may not be the best at articulating right what's going on at the moment, but he does give a lot of information that we just be writing them off. I just never write him off.
Speaker 5: Kanye's put out like five classic albums. He knows how to articulate himself, really affective, absolutely, and at this.
Speaker 3: Point I think it's different though. I think, I think that, I think and also.
Speaker 1: Hold and wait, beat out, finish your statement.
Speaker 4: I just think at this.
Speaker 5: Point he's just trolling. It's just gone a little bit too far. And again, he wants to be provocative. He thinks he's being edgy, and I just don't think it's funny and it's not. It's dangerous at this point. The things that he's saying, it's incendiary, it's inflammatory, and it's just disrespectful, it's insulting, it's it's all, it's all those things. So that's my take on Kanye West, and hopefully he gets his mind right because I don't want to see him crash.
Speaker 4: Out the way he is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, perspectives, that's it, word up. Perspective perspective. That's what people perspective is important.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Okay, so all right, so we have a segment of our show called uh sim series or DUMBI Story, and you have to share the time that you've got a time that you got played by the opposite sex, So anytime, and please try not to do something from high school. Maybe something from adulthood. I feel like the men always want to go back to the ninth grade.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no real easy way to say this, but look, sure, sir.
Speaker 5: So something I did and got played by the opposite said. I have a lot of those stories, man, But since we're going to keep it up to date, Yeah, all right. I remember there was this girl I was talking to. This is over a decade ago, and me and I were kicking it. We weren't intimate at this point where we were just kind of still getting to know each other, you know whatever. And one day I was in her neighborhood and I had passed by like a bodega and they were they had flowers out there. So I just bought the flowers and I was like, oh, these are nice. I think she'll like them. So I passed by her house. This is like maybe morning, like eleven o'clockish and I ring the bell or call her. I don't remember which one I did, and I was like, hey, come outside. She's like, what are you talking about. I was like, hey, just come outside. I got something for you. And We're going back and forth and eventually she's just like nine on one, two whatever, and I'm trying to tell like I had flowers for her.
Speaker 4: But I think that was turned her off because I popped up unexpected. I thought I was doing something nice, but it turned out it backfired on me, and she didn't call me and talk anymore.
Speaker 1: It was like, I always make sure you get home safe. Yeah.
Speaker 5: In hindsight, I thought I was like my raing and ship and I was like, damn. I thought I was being a nice guy and I wasn't. I was being a creep because no women often say I like flowers, like spintin eighty.
Speaker 3: I thought I was being no send them by way of instacart. At this point, the flower shops have always been delivering just send me flowers. Send him at the flower shop.
Speaker 4: This is like fifteen years ago, man, and I just thought I was doing.
Speaker 3: The flowers even before the internet. You call and you look in the yellow page. Did you get the number? You put the order in, You tell them when they want when you want to delivered, and it's coming to the house in a neighborhood black at. Let me tell you that happened to me before. And the only reason this nigga knew where I lived at is because I had called him one day in an emergency because I left my toilet tree like suitcase that I had bundershit in on my back porch. So I had given him my address, like, hey, can you please go buy my house? Because I know he didn't live far and I didn't know anybody else I can call right fast go buy my house and put this back into my shed. Other than that, he never knew where I lived until that day I gave him my address, but I did trust him enough to, you know, have him go outside my house. So now fast forward months later, I kind of, like you know, fell back on whatever. I remember. I was sitting at my desk, I was I was doing a wig. I was making a wig and and I saw him text me and I didn't respond. Next thing I know, my fucking doorbell was ringing. I got up, I said, what the fuck are you doing at my house? I said, what if I had Dick upstairs? That's exactly what I said to him, because as single people you can't just we are not our parents who didn't have cell phones and social media and all these things. You cannot pop up at a millennial's house. My nigga, But dumb, you know that that story was a good one.
Speaker 1: But she didn't play you. You kind of do that to yourself. Your yeah, yeah, and she.
Speaker 4: Might have had a company stuck with me and I was like, man, that was my villain story.
Speaker 1: I was like, man, that's your villain origin story. I buy another bitch flowers ever in.
Speaker 4: High school that was my real villain story. But we don't want to go that phone.
Speaker 3: No, go ahead, we want to hear it right quick. This tells what happened.
Speaker 5: There was this girl that was in high school that I thought was kind of hot, and I asked for her phone number. So she gave me the number and I called it and it was a rejection hotline and I was like, oh shit. So I saw the next day and say, hey, you gave me the wrong number. She just started laughing at me the way you guys did.
Speaker 4: And that ship. But I got the last laugh, though years later.
Speaker 1: What you did some revenge sects to her.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no no, this is as an adult. So fast forward.
Speaker 5: I was at the local CBS and at the time, we had the rap rate of pockets. We had a profile and Ebity magazine, right, so it was a two three page spread and I had bought a whole bulk of them. And I'm on the line waiting and who do I see looking terrible? The same chick and she had a badass kids running around and she's looking disheveled and shit, and I'm looking good. I had just got a face showt and I got a haircut. I was hoping somebody saw me and showed up and got like a stack of magazines and I'm go into the counter, pays like, hey, what's up, you know, make a small talk, and then the register that the cash here, he knew who.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh my god, beat, what are you doing here? You live in this neighborhood? Oh my gosh. And I'm like, bro, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: And this was the revenge.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was feeling like, you know, big Willie at that moment, and she was looking crazy. So I was like God works mysterious ways. You know what.
Speaker 1: Sometimes that do feel good that sh on someone who shouted on you, Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she gave me. That's a little different injection hotline.
Speaker 3: These niggas, they probably be wishing bad on bitches who she all at ill will that came probably came from you havn't got yes, you probably you probably felt like so much disdained for her that you manifested this bad life for her, but.
Speaker 1: Didn't had to put him a rejection hotline. She could have just told him that she wasn't interested.
Speaker 3: There was I would like that though, So then that way, like whenever you don't want to give you a new number to a nigga and they standing in your face and calling your phone, like you just get a number, walk off, like you gave them that rejection hotline number instead of your real number and then have it to block them later on.
Speaker 4: But I would say no, that could have worked too. But this is at the time when like cell phones were like still everybody to have a cell phone, you know, so you had to write it down a piece of paper.
Speaker 5: I couldn't wait to go home and call her. I was like, damn son and just said do you do? You got the rejection hotline.
Speaker 1: I was like, you know, either you were spinky, you were smelling? Are they just I used to have that phone number then they.
Speaker 4: Had different area codes in.
Speaker 3: I guess Yeah, that's fucked up your tie, your baby, all right.
Speaker 1: Tell everybody, plug yourself, Tell everybody where they can find you, all your things that you're doing. Plug it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So you can find me at B dot B D O T T M on Instagram, the YouTube, whatever you want to do. You can search me up. I got my interview series. I got to get a new guest soon called cover Lines. That's out right now. I do a weekly series on Instagram called Unlisted, while I do a top ten all Things hip Hop, and that's always fun.
Speaker 4: It's interactive with the stream. And yeah, that's what I got going on right now.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited about the future and your nice website.
Speaker 4: I was on my website. Yeah, I have a website.
Speaker 3: Are you sure not anymore?
Speaker 5: I don't have what I have my own personal website, which is B dot Miller dot com. About all that one, I thought you messed.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a very nice website.
Speaker 1: You let your own fans go. Everybody about that, but you let it go.
Speaker 4: You can see on b dot Miller.
Speaker 5: Dot com, have my bio on there, have my reel on there if you want to like get in contact with me, you know, bookings.
Speaker 4: In bio like this.
Speaker 1: So how a thank you for joining us, Bryan anytime.
Speaker 3: Yeah man, all right, y'all soome you enjoyed this episode. Y'all tune in on Black Effect. iHeartRadio Apple, wherever the fuck you get your podcast that. This is your co host A j Holiday two point on instagrams.
Speaker 1: Kick it baked term y'all. It's official Tam Bam on Instagram. I love y'all so much. Thank y'all for tuning in. Remember speak now.
Speaker 3: And never hold them niggas.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know, never hold back hip hop. I don't know. Hold your peace.
Speaker 4: This is