Speaker 1: Heyyboddy, thanks for watching this week's episode. We want to promote where you can see us. For tickets, go to Joe gattoofficial dot com and see all my door dates.
Speaker 2: And for Steve's go to punch Up dot Live backslash Steve hyphen Burn.
Speaker 1: That's beat y r I. He makes it soer easy to find him. And now onto the episode.
Speaker 3: There was the problem where a ticket.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, here we are two cool moms.
Speaker 2: New episode. It's coming at you right in your ear holes. I'm Joe Gatto and I'm here with my friend Steve Burn. That's right, Steve Burn's here, baby, And he was in the zen moment.
Speaker 1: He's relaxing before you get it going.
Speaker 4: The worst is when you get in a cab yep, and it's like I'd rather like forty six and Broadway, right, So forty six and Broadway. I take me to forty six and six, take me to forty fifth and fifth, like I could walk the other block. But as we're going, he goes past sixth Avenue and it's like it's like the sea is parted, it's complete. He passes it up. He goes to seventh and eighth and we once we hit eighth it's just trapp.
Speaker 1: It's like a movie. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I just sat there for twenty minutes boiling, knowing.
Speaker 2: Nothing infuriates you more than sitting in traffic, because you know when, especially when you're late and I'm here waiting for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you've stayed in the city.
Speaker 2: And I came from Long Island and it took me an hour and forty five minutes to get here, and then I'm here first.
Speaker 4: Yes, so I had to go on an errand you had to do an Errand so this is one cool.
Speaker 1: Mom and one hot mom.
Speaker 4: Fire sound effect angry.
Speaker 2: Did you what was your My mom used to fire up? She was If I knew my mom was in a bad mood, did you I used to like literally hide from her.
Speaker 1: Was she often in a bad mood?
Speaker 2: Oh no, No, she got fired up about something. Now Jerry would get her get her hairs up about something.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: My dad had this segment was so funny, he used to say to me and my sisters. We still always laugh about it. My father goes, listen when your mom is uh, when your mom is not when your mom's not happy, he goes if she goes upstairs.
Speaker 1: You go downstairs, she comes downstairs upstairs, that's he would say. So you would see me and my sisters like peper bean. It was like that game, that mouse trap game. You know. Yeah, yeah, we used to do that.
Speaker 2: But I used to have a couple of hiding spots for my mother, and I still remember, like my mom was looking for me once and I was like hide because my bed was against the wall, but my headboard it wasn't like there was room behind it. So like I made like a little you know, I wuld be able to sit behind the headboard between the head board and the wall and you couldn't see me if I was sitting there. And I used to sit there like my g I jokes and like like my mom and I used to like.
Speaker 1: Go up and like is it safe to my sisters? Like hide Still it's like my bunker I was playing with g I. Joe's in it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well she often, Uh would it take a lot to get her to that point?
Speaker 1: No, you wouldn't. But it was short.
Speaker 2: It was short lived, and she'd be fired up and hey, where are you do what you want to you know, like this fucking thing, Hey.
Speaker 1: What do you want to work?
Speaker 2: Like that whole right right, she wouldn't really be that fired up, but you would get fired up quick and then you know, you just couldn't be in the you could be in the range of eyesight when she was.
Speaker 4: Italians are the only ones that I know that if you're temperamental, you get to use your ethnicity as an excuse.
Speaker 1: My hot blooded Italian. Yeah I'm Italian. What do you want from me? Oh you must be Sicilian? Yeah yeah, yeah, it's like that a pizza square. You don't give a ship, you know, and he's a triangle. Yeah.
Speaker 4: By the way, Sicilian. I'll take a Sicilian any day over.
Speaker 1: A traditional any day. I love a fat Sicilian.
Speaker 2: Oh that's why I with my life after fails nice, I'll go to be that a crunchy.
Speaker 1: What's the shirt saying? This is my shirt? It says it's me, Hi, I'm the cool mom. It's me.
Speaker 4: Is that a Taylor Swift songs a song?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's me Hi about cool mom. But I got this as a gift from a fan. Me a cool mom shirt.
Speaker 4: It looks like they made they personally made that.
Speaker 1: They didn't target that, I think. But you're you're a big swifty.
Speaker 2: I'm a big swifty. I enjoy a good swift. You go swifts in the house. Your your daughter's swifty, right.
Speaker 1: My daughter is obsessed. I hear that.
Speaker 4: It's one of those things where I hear it and they all the songs sound the same to me. I know it's not, but obviously she's so gifted and talented.
Speaker 1: I just don't. I couldn't tell you. I know that, I know that one a lot of swifties in the house for me.
Speaker 2: I got, I got a nanny swifty, I got a dog lady swifty. I got a mom swifty, daughter swifty. My son came to me yesterday, upset comes home. He goes, Dad, I need your help. I said, what's up? He goes, Can we go talk in the office.
Speaker 1: We talked.
Speaker 2: We called the staircase the office, so we can go sit in the staircase by myself.
Speaker 4: It'd be great if he went and sat on the toilet, took the shut the door.
Speaker 1: I talked you about. He goes, yeah, he goes, I need you to do something about this car. Right, what's up? So him and his sister and the nanny they drive to do ninja.
Speaker 2: They do like you know the obstacle quss, you know, workout thing for an hour to burn off some.
Speaker 1: Things at the school.
Speaker 2: He goes, we're going to Ninja and on the way there it's all their songs. And on the way back, I only got two songs.
Speaker 1: He goes the outnumbered me and they just tell me. And when I say something, they say, you got to listen. But I didn't get to listen to the song. You know, it was really funny.
Speaker 2: So we had to have a talk last night. After I had to call them in. I said, okay, guys, we got to be fair. I said, you get either.
Speaker 1: We do one in one each or we do one way there, one way back. You guys, do it fair.
Speaker 2: And then he goes, well that's not fair because there's traffic on the way home, so it's a long.
Speaker 1: So he's very hard. Yeah, so we have to do one in one now.
Speaker 4: So so your daughter is it just Taylor Swift?
Speaker 1: Now? She's music all over. Stuff's a JR.
Speaker 2: Imagine Dragons, Olivia Rodrigo. She listens to she listens to all of it.
Speaker 1: She loves it. She even likes old school. They're like Motown.
Speaker 2: They love One of my favorite songs of all time is September and Fire, you know.
Speaker 1: So that's like their favorite song.
Speaker 2: When they put it on the be like dad, They'll put it on their Alexa like it didn't They don't want to go to bed yet.
Speaker 1: They'll be playing in their room.
Speaker 2: They'll be having a dance party and they know I'm going to come in and start dancing with them, and they know it won't be mad.
Speaker 1: So uh yeah, that's uh.
Speaker 2: That's music was always in my house though growing up, though my mom listen to her Gloria Gainer. It's random Men was a big one, but she loved streisand my mom was a huge you know.
Speaker 1: It was always on Death Sound, you know, it was always on though. I just remember too. It was the Duets album. You know. The Duets album was Frank Sinatra.
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah he sang with somebody else all his was it Frank Sinatra, the Duets album Barber streisand it was Sinatra that sang with somebody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He took all of his songs.
Speaker 4: Old standards and coupled up with witheop different people. He did one with like you two. It was really weird, but yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Duet's album that was always in the house.
Speaker 4: And then there were other artists that did it, like they had a Dean Martin duets.
Speaker 1: And yeah, the duets became like a thing.
Speaker 2: I the Sinatra one was one that played in my house though, your mom listening to a lot.
Speaker 1: Of Asian music. Who's the Asian Sinatra? Just just on repeat? Who's Korean Sinatra?
Speaker 4: A Korean Sinatra? Yeah, I would have sig.
Speaker 1: He made a banger, dude, Oh my god, gang as unbelievab. My favorite is when that elevator.
Speaker 4: Opens, fires out that skinny, weird guy pumping.
Speaker 2: My favorite part of you saw the way he takes the stage right, they shouldn't matter, like right. But my favorite part of that is before when he looks at the camera to let them know he's ready and he gives the cocky.
Speaker 1: Then he goes flying out.
Speaker 2: But Si man, I just recently saw that cy An Awards show brought out mc Hammer with him and saw in mc Hammer. They did a mashup of hammer time and Gangham style, and it looked it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: It was good. It was so good.
Speaker 2: Si and and she had was like eighty six years old doing his whole still.
Speaker 1: Doing it right.
Speaker 4: Remember back in the day, was like who's the better dancer? Michael Jackson M yeah, it was like that J was that was a real quandary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, here we go, super fan.
Speaker 3: I mean I never I never until you just said that, never even put them in the same universe.
Speaker 4: When Hammer blew up that first, it was fucking massive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everywhere that've always comes through though.
Speaker 2: You get that, you get to Brittany or Christina, you got the Chris Brown or Usher, you got the Yeah.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, it was Prince and Prince Prince.
Speaker 4: A long time and that was like they I think they like Legit had beef, Legit beef for whatever. Yeah, and then I think Michael Jackson sent him bad to see if they could do that together.
Speaker 1: And he was and he said, now be in the video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said no, he was supposed to be the other guy, and they molded the guy as him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looks like a friend's excuse me, fake Prince. If we had a dance battle of Wednesday, then you and uh and you'd mop me up. I don't know if you. I would love to like a goof.
Speaker 2: I would love goof is fun? You know sprinkler really funny. I've seen you do a sprinkler. I've seen you bop out of sprinkler.
Speaker 4: I got the I got the greatest hits. But I'm by no means.
Speaker 1: Do you dance at a wedding? No? No, not my thing really, even at my own wedding. Good luck, good luck keeping me off the dance floor at the wedding. Oh you good luck keep me off the dance floor anyway? A quarter a quarter, maybe you wind me up. Kick back, I say, I say to the missus, I'll see you after this time, drenched in sweat, dredged, dredged. It was so boy.
Speaker 2: We recently went to Vegas for for something and we ended up we were with it was us and a bunch of my wife's girlfriends came and they go, we want to go dancing. And I was like all right, Like we're in Vegas and it was like late.
Speaker 1: I was like all right.
Speaker 2: So we end up going to the club in We go to the Club in the Wind, which is like a thing Diplo was being.
Speaker 1: It was DJing right, and we go in and it's all these forty something moms.
Speaker 2: We most of us had pajamas on and I was like, get in and I walk into guys like Joe.
Speaker 1: I'm like hey, He's like you're coming in.
Speaker 2: I'm like yeah, I mean his pajama pondy and we've rocked out until like it was so fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're ready.
Speaker 4: This is the classic example of the disparity between you and I. Okay, Miami, me you, Vince Vaughn. Yes, you and Vince took the dance floor and I was just on the peripheral, just watching it, dying.
Speaker 1: You're at the bar, serving up the drinks.
Speaker 4: I was just hanging at the bar, watching you guys and just socializing and having a great time. But watching you guys take the floor. Because you do your thing, which is absolutely hilarious, you become a black hole. In other words, everybody you start spinning and everybody comes with a circumference, and it's a it's a it's a tonnel of fun. It's just you become the Grand Marshal. And then Vince is actually like a really good dancer.
Speaker 1: He can really dance. For a lanky son of a bitch man, he's got he comes with a lot of.
Speaker 4: Really good six ' five, he's got agility, he looks he looks, but he has a great time out there.
Speaker 1: But it's rare i've seen him do I think I think with you. I think it gave him license because I was reading such a spectacle.
Speaker 2: He was like, oh, I get you aren't gonna even look as much as anybody.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you the last time I danced our mutual friend I won't say his name, but a mutual friend of ours had a wedding and that was the last time I think I danced because my wife was with me and a boy band member took the stage and took over the wedding for about a good hour.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna go up and dance. And he got.
Speaker 4: He got, he got the party.
Speaker 1: He was better. The band wanted to bring him on the road with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the band was copying him. My buddy, this is one of my favorite Vegas stories ever. My so, we go to like one of those clubs at the wind whatever, Hawkissan whatever.
Speaker 1: We're sitting in.
Speaker 4: The owner's the owner's table, booth or whatever, in the center of the entire thing and.
Speaker 2: The whole I know, I love that spot. I know that it's around you.
Speaker 1: The tornado.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we're the Joe gaddo of tables. Okay, so we're sitting there and my buddy Jason Dallas gets up and he starts doing his I mean it's Dallas has good moves. I think it's hilarious. But he loves dancing. Okay, he loves dancing. He loves bad music. So he's doing his thing and he's standing on the thing and he's dancing. I'm dying laughing. I'm like, what a moron, you know? And then in the booth next to us, Jerry Rice sits down. Holy shit, it's Jerry Rice.
Speaker 1: It's like Hall of Famer Jerry Rice. Whoa to play him on that? And don't be wakey, wakeya.
Speaker 4: But Jerry Rice comes and we're like, oh my god, we got to talk to Jerry. We're gonna figure out a way to like say hi, how do we do this. Within three minutes, he's standing next to Dallas and Dallas is going like this, and then Jerry Rice with him, and then they're.
Speaker 1: Like dancing together, and.
Speaker 4: I fell over. I was laughing so hard because I couldn't believe my friend, who I think is a done on the dance floor Jerry Rice, and I stand corrected.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we go to just place trade Winds, and I would used to anyway, Jersey Shore. You had the girls have what was it called trade winds, oh, trade win trade winds.
Speaker 1: So all the girls would be there, and all the girls on the Jersey Shore you'd have a lot of wallflowers.
Speaker 2: You know, they'd be really pretty, but they wouldn't be sure they want to dance whatever.
Speaker 4: So I would do slick girls start much too late.
Speaker 1: That's right, Billy Joel. He wasn't there. So we would go to that.
Speaker 2: We would sit there to be empty dance floor and I would just be sorry with my boys and we'd all be hanging out. They would just be sitting there and everybody you know, and I would I would go up to. I would go up to like a group of girls. I said, because you weib you get a hold of drink for me for a second. And I was stretching out in front of them. The girl just be standing a hold of my like gingle ole, and I'd be like, I can't hurt nothing, give me thank you, or.
Speaker 1: Make sure you stretch out before we hit it, and I would go out. I would just start the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I used to get waters for people and make sure people are hydrated on the dance floor, like I say, hydrated on you like that was my thing.
Speaker 1: But I would just love an empty dance fall. It would just be waiting for me to go yeah, and it was just you could it.
Speaker 4: I think I can even I can picture it.
Speaker 1: You start with a hard shuffle. Yeah, you come out, you start shuffle. Then you cock of the walk you got you do that?
Speaker 4: That's that's you go to where you you're kind of like a dog sniffing around.
Speaker 1: You're seeing I don't.
Speaker 2: Even drop a hard thirty seconds, peace out and wait to see what happens.
Speaker 1: Come back. So they need a little bit more fertilizer for the dance fold to sprout into a garden of fun.
Speaker 2: And I'll give a little bit kickball chain, maybe a spin sky little robot if they need it.
Speaker 4: Then you know, kickball chain chain.
Speaker 1: Yeah do you have do you do you have a favorite dancer? A favorite dancer? Yeah? Myself? No, No, you mean no, I siate great movies. I will say, what's the dance step up? Not that movie? What was the movie we're talking about? The step up? You say that, but I don't think it's step Up.
Speaker 2: It's literally this is the two crews that fight each other. No, it's not the No, I'll break into electric Bungalow. Don't get me started. They were phenomenal.
Speaker 1: The Boogoloo was so much better than the original. What's the dance crew? One?
Speaker 3: And the whole is say the last dance that's the one with the step up?
Speaker 1: Step up is not the one I'm thinking right center, Sta.
Speaker 4: You've had this conversation literally two times in two days.
Speaker 3: Stop the stops, dance Saturday Night Fever Honey.
Speaker 1: Honey is a deep cup? You crushed it?
Speaker 3: Draft the British classic Shall We Dance? You are the worst producing in the Rain podcast Singing in the Rain? Step Up to the streets.
Speaker 1: Is you know what? Do me a favor?
Speaker 4: Google actively, I guarantee it.
Speaker 1: Step up.
Speaker 3: It's step up.
Speaker 1: Read me, read me, the read me the synopsis to step up?
Speaker 3: Okay, coming right at you right now, step up.
Speaker 1: And if this is not the movie, I think you're gonna step down as our producer.
Speaker 3: Who do you think is in step up? Let's start there.
Speaker 1: You got served? This is what I'm talking about. You got served. It's the most classic, that one. You know that is unbelievable to watch.
Speaker 3: Wait, but now I want to read The Step Up is a love story. Step Up as an American romantic dance franchise created by Dwayne Adler. The franchise includes six films in a television series.
Speaker 1: Is in It Right?
Speaker 4: Or No?
Speaker 1: Is it? What's the Face to Blonde? Step Up?
Speaker 2: The original is the girl that she's a ballet dancer, and then she ends up going to the streets.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's step up right, She's a bat.
Speaker 3: Channing is in it again.
Speaker 2: Channing is in the Step Up. I'm talking about what was it? You Got Served? You Got Served as the most classic dance movie. Yeah, you Got served us with the two crews and they're battling each other out and Rosie perezes at the end and they bottle and there's gonna be a tie. And then who gets up at the end fat man scoop maybe rest in peace and goes, we don't do ties here, and they battle it out.
Speaker 3: It's the classic O Marion. He's he he's a dancer.
Speaker 1: He's a great dancer.
Speaker 3: You Got Served fourteen roun Tomatoes.
Speaker 1: Not well, not well. The movie got Served on Rotten Tomatoes for you've never seen. We gotta watch You Got Served together on the road. I'll watch it. You'll love it. Is there a documentary on it? This is a documentary about it. It's cold watching you got served. You've been served, You've been served. It's all the different thing.
Speaker 4: You've been served three times a day, right, you start off with the breakfast, I just lunch at dinner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've been served. Yeah, so I would highly recommend that. That's I don't dance with a crew though. I can't dance with a crew. People people like, you can't be confined? You have again, now I can't. You know, I'm not big corey choreography. Like somebody tries to teach me to dance, I can't do it. I have to have my own beat, beat in my.
Speaker 4: Own If you were if they called you for dancing with the stars, where's where's it?
Speaker 1: Dance with the stars? Dance with the star. You have to be a star second of all. Some of the stars these days that that that they're the stars, that you you would actually be a star. They would be excited to see that. To me, would you ever do it? Never? No, no, no, why not? Once they brought Anna Culvey what's the name and a deli?
Speaker 2: Once they cast once they did Anna DELVII, she had she actively had a bracelet on.
Speaker 1: She was a criminal and they had her on it and she's white. So many things about it. Yeah, I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I'm not a big I once to did that. I was like, that's this is not gone so far away from the original concept.
Speaker 4: You know, I used to love watching the Bachelor. Bachelorette was just a guilty pleasure, and it's falling apart from you. Then became I think about five years ago, it became so insulting, like like you think, I'm I'm this stupid.
Speaker 1: However you're you're You're. I was like, I can't do this anymore. Just this is so for me for Bachelor. When that started falling off a little bit. Now, anybody listening right now is like, what am I listening to?
Speaker 2: Because there's two comedies are about the Bachelor. But I will say this here with helopop me was it came too incestuous. Too many people knew each other on it, like they hadn't known each other.
Speaker 1: You're talking about Bachelor in Paradise.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm talking about Bachelor and Bachelorette where they were like, oh you want to date, we brought the guy you dated with and then he knew and like that. And then they started casting people in the mix from the old ones, the game second shots.
Speaker 1: I didn't really like that. Yeah, once you're going, you got to be going. There's enough people looking for love in all the wrong places. Why are you got any somebody else going there? I think I would. I would do well on the Bachelor. I was thinking about when I got separated from my wife, I was gonna do it. Really, I thought I would be on the Bachelor. Yeah, the Golden Bachelor because I'm old. Now, well you give me a batte. Well you could be a Bachelor with kids, I guess.
Speaker 4: But that first, I mean, I know it's all about like love or romance and they you know, the hot air balloon going to France.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 4: I love at the very the first the first episode, they go this season on the most exciting Bachelor and then.
Speaker 1: The most dramatic season ever.
Speaker 4: And then they show that all the all the romance and everything, and then it just cuts like a hard cut.
Speaker 1: It doesn't understand me. And that's what I'm like. Glass breaking, where you go I can't. I can't do this. I can't do There's always that she.
Speaker 4: Got a wine glass that I can't do it.
Speaker 1: I can't do it, I can't do it. It's tough. It is a roller coaster of emotion that show it.
Speaker 2: Really, I've befriended a bunch of people on Like I've seen people at different bachelors.
Speaker 1: I will say, I'm you know, I'm famous contestants. Yeah, I'm famous. People people know me. Right. My wife could give less of a turd about any of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're at a jingle Ball and my Heart Radio jingle Ball Extravaganza Masion Square Garden. I get the backstage passes as I do, I'm walking around and it was Jojo, who was one of the bacherettes from the season.
Speaker 1: I think that might have been the last one I watched.
Speaker 2: And my wife goes, oh my god, that's Jojo. I said, Oh, she goes some bachelor so Jojo. She turns around and goes Joe and runs me and jumps and hugs me. And I'm holding Jojo and I turned around. My wife is.
Speaker 1: Crying like like who it is? Like like who it is?
Speaker 2: And I'm like I was like Oh my god, I said, this is my wife, Bessie, and my wife was like a hi, and I was like, are you kidding me? I was like, that's what gets it. Two minutes before that, I was like hanging out with like everybody else.
Speaker 1: You know. It was so crazy and that's what she lost it. This is Paul McCartney.
Speaker 4: Cool and you got a picture Jojo Jo Jo jo Jojo Bessie Joe Jojojo next to Tony Tony, Tony.
Speaker 1: We did it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's solve some problems.
Speaker 4: Remember, guys, we're here for you. This is the part of the show where this is the meat and potatoes. This is where the rubber meets the road.
Speaker 1: This is it.
Speaker 4: We're here your quarries, you set us anything.
Speaker 1: You're trying to help.
Speaker 2: People with their problems. That's what their moms is about. So if you got some problems, send this away and we'll Yeah.
Speaker 4: To cool Mom's Pod at Gmail or too cool Mom's Pod at Instagram and you could or the new iHeart.
Speaker 1: Tap to Touch, Touch to talk, what's it called talk back to radio app? You go, you hit the button and it records a voice message. Boom, it comes to us.
Speaker 4: We get it and we can answer you and you'll be on the show.
Speaker 1: All right, Bing bong.
Speaker 3: We're gonna kick off the questions today with Colleen, who says, Hi, mommies, when you have an off day or are in a funk, what are feel good things you can do to make yourself feel better?
Speaker 4: Whiskey?
Speaker 1: Oh? I love a good sleep. I absolutely love a good do you do you just turn it home and be like, I'm gonna try this again. I think she means she can't go to sleep, she has to fight throw it? Wait, what hold on? So what do you do? Toget? She's in a funk, she's a fun well and that could do. That could work. A power app could work for sure.
Speaker 4: I love giving yourself to the moment going okay, it is what it is. So you know what I'm gonna I love like when I'm just down and out, I love nothing more than to just go on my couch, pull a blanket over me, and go, you know what, I'm just gonna watch something that makes me feel good. And there's probably three or four movies that I always go to that just make me happy, and I'll watch one of those and I'll.
Speaker 1: Have like a guilty eat.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'll go to Arby's get a Jet's pizza and I just give into it. Go all right, you're gonna ride it out. It's gonna get better. It's like the weather. It's a moment in time. But uh, you know, I process it. I try to figure out do I need to be accountable for something here? If I'm in a funk, was was this self cause? Was it self inflicted? Did I do something to cause this? And usually the answer is no, because I'm pretty fucking awesome, pretty I got.
Speaker 1: It figured out. Yeah, it's that's probably not the world's fault. Who's who's messed with you? Is really what? You're gonna figure that part?
Speaker 4: Yeah, who's who's in my cross hair? Is?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I do think you do do a valid point to figure out why the funk. Sometimes the funk just as the funk, something's happening in balancing emotionally. Yeah, and you know, sometimes it's downtown funk. The midtown funks are the worst get coring traffic coming across forty seven. But I'll say the I will say, sometimes a funk is what a funk at is. You know, it's gonna be delicious, you know, sorry, miss funky Hey, this is you know. Sometimes you get a bunch of funkies together, you gotta market market and you get the funky bird. No, honestly, I think getting too the bottom of why you're in a funk could help you solve it the quickest, is it, because like you're upset with something you did, or you know, you're upset about a situation. You can't if it's out of control kind of deal. But for me, quick fixes for sure.
Speaker 1: It is a good song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is to get your body moving, get you know, don't sit there. I'm the opposite to you. I need to get it like going. So I'll hit the the the music and just like bop around a little bit in the house.
Speaker 1: A good song versus a good movie.
Speaker 2: I think it's a quicker effects too, because sometimes you can't shut it down for that long.
Speaker 1: But also I'll pet a dog for me, it's a dog. I get my dogs for sure. I'll lay on the floor and be go heal me and they'll all just come and lick me. Yeah, it's great. Yeah, Sometimes I literally just lay on the floor and I have all my dog just with me. That helps a lot.
Speaker 2: So I think that's an endors about getting the orphins up right.
Speaker 1: The dogs pick up on it too. One hundred percent.
Speaker 2: My dog, My dog could tell if I'm in a bad mood, spamoney, one hundred percent could tell, will come lay right on the pillow with me.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they give me the space. They'll wave me to look at this guy.
Speaker 2: He'll just sit far away, and then I'll just go like this, And she's like, thank you're marry.
Speaker 1: What kind of deal? How about this?
Speaker 4: What about when one of your kids is in a funk?
Speaker 1: What do you do? Oh see?
Speaker 2: I have a hard time with that because my wife and I take very different approaches to that.
Speaker 1: I don't allow yourself to be in a funk. Shake it off, as she says.
Speaker 2: Like get over, you know, get over, like work through it, you know, like let's go why you in the funk? You could be happy? And then Bessie is more like, hey, it's okay to be sad kind of deal, and which I don't disagree with.
Speaker 1: But I also think there's a time limit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you know, like why you said figure it out, you know, But she's like, let them sit in it. So we had a thing a little while ago my daughter as she's getting older.
Speaker 1: She's nine years old.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I was getting lost in her emotions and she said to me, I don't know why I am, said, I just am. And I was like, that's I have no idea what to do here, right, you know, because I don't think I've ever said that or felt that in my life. I don't think I've been said and not known why, you know. And as she's getting older, of course it's something like that. And then Bessie's like, you know, she got to let her be, said, she'll figure it out, and of course she did.
Speaker 1: So I have a tough time with my kids being in a bad mood, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna say, like I think in our household, it's the same thing where it's like my wife is a little more like you know, they'll process it, they'll figure it out. And I'm always like, even if we get an argument, I'm like, no, we're going to figure this out now, let's get it over with, let's dress it and move on.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes you make it worse because then it's like it would have just went away, would have just went away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, just trivial. But another good thing, a good walk.
Speaker 1: I walk.
Speaker 2: The walk walks great, absolutely lot fresh, a fresh air walk, not a treadmill.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no, I'm talking get out in the elements.
Speaker 2: Hit a bird, chirpy chirps. You want to maybe smell a breeze. You want to smell a nice sea salt if you're buy the.
Speaker 1: Ocean, hey, Rick, one of those neighborhood faces. Yeah, yeah, I think it walks great. Walk. Clear your head is like a true thing, right, that's a real thing.
Speaker 2: You can clear your head because then you can get down to the bottom of it a little bit quicker too, if you just stop thinking about So it's I.
Speaker 1: Guess it's endorphins. What do you do.
Speaker 2: You got a dog, you got music, you got a movie. It's give yourself some space by taking a walk. Yeah, not interacting a quick meditation. People like this t M.
Speaker 1: I you hear that. No, that's too much information.
Speaker 2: Transmit TCM, TCM, No, that's teaching trans This transmit is the thing where you sit and you and you meditate for a little bit. Yeah, so a little bit of that. You could circle up.
Speaker 1: I light a candle.
Speaker 2: People like a candle? Excuse me, people like a candle? You never heard that stare at a candle. I got that one.
Speaker 1: You never heard that.
Speaker 2: You heard that stare at a candle. Now you're making a face like you made that up. No, I've heard light a candle.
Speaker 1: Can you google it?
Speaker 4: I'm doing he's actively light a candle. It'll say birthday. No one's meditating. Otherwise, you light a candle for a bunch of kids, they're just gonna go.
Speaker 1: They shut down. You stare at like the flame and the flicker helps you.
Speaker 4: Come on, dude, I've never heard of that in my life.
Speaker 3: The practice, also known as trakata, involves focusing on a single object, such as a candle, for a few minutes or longer. Candle gazing. Oh my god, that's what we call it. Candle candle meditation involves focus, mental health and improves focus, mental health, sleep, and spirit.
Speaker 1: Stand corrected, I stay corrected.
Speaker 4: I've never heard of that in my life.
Speaker 1: Apology, accept it. I am candlegazing. That's what candlegazing. That's a cool term. Candle gazing. I try.
Speaker 2: I I've done it a couple of times, but I didn't really. I was trying everything a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: To make stuff work. I was doing everything. I was hitting my hands the wall. Nice. Uh, candle candle.
Speaker 2: I'm taking other people. I'm taking other people's dogs. Yeah, candle gazing, That's that's something. Yeah, I guess anything that there's nothing across the board. I don't think that works, but I will say taking a walk like fresh air, I feel like works for everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love I love leaving even my phone and just go just you're gonna you're gonna.
Speaker 1: See my family, leave my family. I just throw the car parking walk in the woods. One day, I'm like, guy leaving your phone behind, not even having that right, just forced to be and.
Speaker 4: Just give myself the moment to process that whatever it is.
Speaker 1: I'm going through.
Speaker 4: Some of the best the best jokes I've ever written have been when I'm exercising or walking, Like when I jump rope, I'll all of a sudden, you know, the best jokes you can The easiest jokes are like the surface ones, right, But the hardest ones are the ones where you just keep drilling and keep dreeling and keep drilling. Then there's gold like fifty feet down and you did the work and you became that Plinko chip to get down to the thing, and it's like when you get down to that, you have to give yourself the time to do it. But it's you have to like sit there and process it and just keep thinking about it and keep what Where's how far can I take this joke? And it's usually when I'm jumping rope or walking that I come up with the best stuff or the best fixed for a scene or the best you know.
Speaker 1: That's when your mind's most Yeah, I love it. Yeah. For me, it's when I'm done not gazing donut gazing. I really want to.
Speaker 4: I like I do Korean barbecue gazing. Yes, I can just do that and watch the food.
Speaker 1: So there is something about there is something about that.
Speaker 2: I'll talk about a very good friend of ours right now, Mark who when he gets an inner happiness when he's about to eat, he does his numb dumb dance.
Speaker 1: We called it. He goes he's super excited.
Speaker 2: There is something about that where that could put you in a pretty good mood too, when you're excited to eat a good meal.
Speaker 4: Peter Billingsley, he got the ron po peel, set it and forget it. Do you remember that thing, the like rotisserie chicken thing that you put in like you you set it and you forget it and you put whatever you want.
Speaker 1: And what we would do is we'd get like a full chicken.
Speaker 4: He would he would get one of those like a turkey base or whatever. But it was like, no, it was the injection thing. He would melt butter and inject butter into the chicken, like in like six different places. And we would just watch this thing spin and we would watch it for like two hours, like oh my.
Speaker 1: God, watching a super Way. I cannot wait to eat this. And we were so excited.
Speaker 4: That was one of my oh my god, Smiley, Yeah right now, I'm so happy right now thinking about it because we had.
Speaker 1: Definitely for us.
Speaker 2: But me and most of my friends, I think food, a good meal or of food together is just a thing.
Speaker 4: My day revolves around it.
Speaker 1: On the road.
Speaker 4: As soon as I get to the hotel, I will spend an hour while we're eating.
Speaker 2: Lunch together, you are googling where we're gonna have dinner, and that's oh yeah, it does. All the times I've heard about this lunch spot. Okay, we got I heard about this dinner spot. I'm like, I just finished my order here.
Speaker 4: Love it because I mean, we travel so much you can only go to like the ballpark at the museum or the arch in Saint Louis like so many times. Like for me now it's like finding the good food, a really really great food spot.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I think that was a lot of good help, great fou.
Speaker 3: So we'll dive into the next And there was a Showtime rotissary grill by the way there you go, Yeah, Showtime, And that was a great infomercial, Like you could sit in that and watch it.
Speaker 1: I could watch. I would watch the infomercial. Yeah, watch you worth the informercial? You would be worthy of.
Speaker 3: Clark asks us, I'm wanting to leave my job where I'm treated poorly because I have a dream that I really want to chase of being a pro wrestling journalist. But apart from a part of me is scared to go out and take a shot. What would you recommend I do in this scenario, I would.
Speaker 4: Recommend this day and age, with social media and everything, take your passion and just start doing it. Writing at night, writing in your free time, writing during your lunch break, and see if you can build a following. And then if you build a following enough, then go off and quit your job. And monetize that. But to just think I'm going to be a pro wrestling journalist, it's like that's a tough jump. Yeah, I think ten years ago, fifteen years ago, maybe, well.
Speaker 1: You had to do it that way ten years ago, fiften years ago.
Speaker 2: You could start a YouTube channel now or a yeah thing and get into the game pretty easily, pretty self motivated. So monetize on it if you start hitting the thing on a TikTok and you start getting some money or you know, or getting some if you get some influencer money or content creation money from like if you start a YouTube channel, you could actually get some supplemental income and then that becomes your job. I don't like taking a jump to something that's so something that I mean, you could make yourself a little bit of a net before you jump here, give yourself six months to build up a little bit of a following. If you're really enjoying it, you're dip in your tone in the water and you're liking it. Because like with me, with comedy, it was always a side hustle. I say that all the time, right, It was always my five to nine by nine. If I was selling baby furniture of doing whatver the hell I had to do selling pants a nortrum, and then I would get into the comedy. So and then when the chance came a real opportunity and I was confident in myself enough knowing that I was good at it, I did the jump.
Speaker 1: So I think you need to dabble first here and.
Speaker 2: Start start doing it on the side and make your you know, your passions there, get a hobby that he'll support it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there is in a comic in the world that that just like literally went from doing nothing to I'm gonna be a stand up comic. You got to do your nine to five ye, and then the comedy was the five to nine for sure?
Speaker 1: Five to midnight? Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I would I would recommend jumping in starting a YouTube channel or.
Speaker 1: A blog, if you will. A blog still a thing?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean there's there like substack. Isn't that like a reddit. Reddit's more of a forum a forum, yeah.
Speaker 1: Defin between a form and a blog. Yeah yeah, just yeah, substack. It's like essays.
Speaker 4: Isn't that like a journalist thing whereas they create Yeah, you could build your own following through that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh okay, So get a substack. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't get a substack. Yeah, just like Jared No, he got a six inch Yeah, substacks. I would say that's a good that's a good thing. Start your subsacks, send it to us, We'll promote it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, substacks. There you pro wrestling. Have you watched pro wrestling? Not lately? No, I've watched pro wrestling in the past.
Speaker 4: I watched that Vince McMahon documentary. Obviously, there's so much to it. I think I was just gonna say, obviously made me what's it? I think you're just gonna stop after obviously you're gonna said. I watched that Vince McMahon documentary obviously, but it made me nostalgic of like growing up and Macho Man and the Holster and British bulldogs and I was like, man, I remember like Saturdays and Sundays for sure, glued to it and having the figures.
Speaker 1: That yard dog was my favorite. JYD Yeah, I love them. Who was a grab damn cakes?
Speaker 4: Was that Kocob Ware? Cocob Ware the parrots? Right, he had the parrot and that dude.
Speaker 1: I loved him. He was awesome. There's a lot of j Y d was was one of my favorite super Fly Jimmy Stooka, Oh yeah, he's great. He's Rickety Dragon Steamboat. Well, of course you have to, like I was like, I like to past off. It's like me not playing Super Mario Brothers.
Speaker 2: Growing up, the the the I I do remember with Ricky, not Ricky with a Superfly. Remember watching like I felt like you're watching a gymnast do stuff, you know what I mean, Like there was a day like that, some of those moves and things like back in the day as a child, You're like, oh my god, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: But the Hulkster when he teamed up with mister T, Yeah, that to me was like yeah, just like but you don't watch now, though.
Speaker 1: Do you. I don't watch it now.
Speaker 4: And obviously I still friends that like are super into it.
Speaker 1: I'm I have people my age that are super into it. And it's interesting.
Speaker 2: I was like, I feel like you graduate from that, but yeah, there's a lot of people that don't.
Speaker 1: It's it's I guess you still to escape.
Speaker 2: But yeah, for sure, Yeah, people got the live events ago not so I think that's that's fine.
Speaker 1: I would love to go.
Speaker 4: I've never seen a live mat I know, I would get into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe that maybe they would. Maybe that's what that's all we'll do.
Speaker 2: This guy can write about it and the two cool moms go say it?
Speaker 1: Do it?
Speaker 3: Do you want to do one more?
Speaker 1: One more?
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll do a quick one. Here was a quick one. Mark a quick one. Okay, let me find a quick one for us. This was a good one, Sadie. That's a good name, right, Sadie, I say d I E not a y. My birthday is coming up next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great, a great question.
Speaker 1: It's always coming up next year. Just read that one more time. Read that one more time.
Speaker 4: Please, one more time, buddy, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, you're never gonna believe this. My birthday is coming up next year.
Speaker 1: Well that's all the time. We have cool moms. We appreciate you. Happy birthday, Sadie.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: You can follow us at too Cool Mom's pot on the Instagram.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to subscribe, like listen to us on the iHeart where me get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: We'll see next.
Speaker 4: You can find my tour dates at Joe Gatto official dot com
Speaker 2: And you can find mine on punch Up dot Live, slash Steve hyphen Burglady take care everybody.