Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio. Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy speculation and advice. Now along with the guys from Guillotine Leagues dot com. Here's your host, Paul Joshi. It's a week four edition of Fantasy Football Weekly. It's just a bloodbath out there with so many injuries. Man, you have to be nimble. The people are gonna win this year are the people who are staying on top of all of the news, that are responding quickly, that are making changes to their lineups. There's never been a worse year that I can remember to just like have your draft and then just stick with those guys. My co hosts today are Matt Harrison and Thorne Eystrom. Hi, guys, Oh yeah, it is. It is nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Our pre show meeting was like this guy's injured, and this guy's injured, and this guy's injured, and like the Cleveland Raiders game is going to be.
Speaker 1: Just horrible, but yes, and what a what a disaster.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: As always, we're going to bring you through all of the remaining games on the NFL schedule. We'll answer three tough questions. We'll give you nine players upon whom you can take a chance, and as always premature speculation near the end of the show, we dive in with a game without as much injury drama, I'm happy to say, And for the Bengals, it's been a while since we haven't had any. They come back after a tricky loss against Washington, the Bengals now facing Carolina Panthers. Two weeks ago. This looked like a layup. Now it's a little bit trickier. Let's start with Zach Moss. We talked about him as a Bilow candidate a week or two ago. Yeah, and he had a really nice game last week. Do you like Zach Moss here against the Panthers.
Speaker 2: I think it's funny that you say that the Bengals are healthy at their zero to three one and two Panthers. Yeah, Zach Moss is the guy in Cincy right now. He's seen seventy five percent of the snaps and faces of Panthers defense. There really hasn't been good against the run since Jake Delane was in town. Carolina gave up one hundred and ten total yards to Kamara one thirty one to JK. Dobbins, both of them scored. Mos gets an A here and oh, by the way, Chase Brown is a desperation C grade because backups Jamal Williams he had fifty one total yards in a score, Gus Edwards fifty nine yards, Alexander Madison forty four in a score. If you're desperate for a running back, Chase Brown, a lot of people are right now. Might be a guy that you can start. Jamar Chase. He gets an A grade. T Higgins gets a B. Higgins was on the field for ninety percent of the snaps. He saw six targets in his first game back. It was encouraging to see him get seventy six air yards on those six targets. Burrow was targeting him downfield. Speaking of downfield, this Panthers defense got toasted by Rashid Shaheed in Week one and it's mostly been J. C. Horn getting roasty and toasty. He's allowing an average of thirteen yards per catch in his coverage and he and Mike Jackson will take turns with Chase and Higgins. But the Bengals have the advantage in every combo here, so good grades for them. It's not a revenge game for Joe Burrow, but the oh and three Bengals definitely have something to prove. If I liked his receivers, I'm giving Burrow a start. He gets a B grade. It's because the two quarterbacks who have beat the Panthers this year, they've tallied two hundred and one hundred and thirty yards through the air. That's it, but both they haven't needed to they haven't needed to pass. Both Derek Carr and Justin Airbear did manage multiple scores in those games, though, so that's why a B for Burrow. It is a revenge game for his counterpart Andy Dalton. It's actually his fourth crack at the Bengals with his fourth different team. Wow. He saw time against Cincy while in Dallas, Chicago, and New Orleans. He has thrown a touchdown in every game against them when he's played the Bengals, but he's never top two hundred yards in any game against his former team. The Bengals were able to hold Mahomes mostly in check in Week two. Jade and Daniels ended up having a good day against them last week, but he brings a totally different dimension than the almost thirty seven year old Dalton. It's a good story, but I'm leaving him on the bench. Deontay Johnson I will give a C grade too. He's played the Bengals a lot in his career since he's figured out how you neutralize him pretty well. He hasn't topped sixty yards or scored in six straight outings against them. Game script alone should be in Johnson's favor. So so is the fact that Adam Thielen hit Ir this week with a hamstring injury. And when Johnson goes up against Dax Hill on the left side of the coverage, yeah, he's got a great matchup. Hill has allowed a passer rating of one to twenty one in his coverage so far. And Chewba Hubbard. He gets a B grade and was given full belcow usage last week and it paid off. He had twenty six touches, one hundred and sixty nine total yards and a receiving score. Every running back that's had double digit targets or sorry, double digit touches against the Bengals this year has either topped ninety total yards or scored, so Chuba Hubbard is definitely in play with a B grade here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chuba Hubbard we were talking. There was those first two weeks are like I can never ever start you bubb it again. And then all it took was that one Andy Dalton starting me like, okay, well, game back on. I guess, I guess all right there, Let's go to the Denver Broncos at the Jets. Bonix coming off. I think indisputably his best game. But you're come Sauce Gardner and DJ Reid and on, no way am I starting Bonix here? No, you can't.
Speaker 3: You mentioned a first decent game in the NFL. Last week he finished quarterback twelve in Fantasy and that in large part because of his rushing output. Terrible matchup here against that Jets pass defense that is absolutely awesome. The Jets are tied for second fewest passing touchdowns allowed in the NFL this year. The Jets profile to immediately corral Nicks is pattent a quick hitters and checkdowns, so he's gonna have to run for a touchdown to return thee value here. I keep him on the bench as well. Javonte Williams, I'm gonna give him a great tot. See only Jordan Mason has seen more loaded boxes by the numbers this year than mister Javonte Williams.
Speaker 1: And your team's bothering to load the box against Javonte Williams.
Speaker 3: It's a manifestation of a Bonix offense, right.
Speaker 1: You don't have to keep guys deep for that.
Speaker 3: And because of that, Javante held under seven PPR fantasy points for the second time this season against Tampa Bay. No touchdowns yet for him, sharing snaps of Julia mclafflin and Tyler Baiting.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: In addition to that, the Jets have allowed the eighth fewest fantasy points to running backs. Startable if you need to, but of course you have to keep your expectations in check. I'm going to give Javanti Williams a see Cortland Sutton. I'm also going to give him a best game of the season last week against the Buccaneers, seven of eleven targets caught for sixty eight yards. But again Bonick's offense, it's the short stuff.
Speaker 2: And I worry.
Speaker 1: I worry about Sauce and DJ Reeve. That's the other thing.
Speaker 3: You know, he will be across from Sauce Gardner and so you know a guy in Sutton who had less than eight fantasy points in each of the first two games. I think he's headed back into that neighborhood. We'll we'll give him a see though. Also going to give a seat to Aaron Rodgers in this game flipping over to the Jets. Rogers had two hundred and eighty one yards with two touchdowns, no interceptions and that win over the Patriots last Thursday. But this is a far worst matchup for him. The Broncos also have an awesome pass defense, and this should be another This should be a low scoring game. The Vegas total is under forty. Breece Hall going to give him an A. Of course, twenty plus touches in a TD in all three games. Talking a lot about Brayleen aw and we're gonna be talking more about him later because he might take a chance on me running back. But Breeseall needs to stay in your lineups. I'm gonna downgrade Garrett Wilson to a B in this matchup. Hasn't gotten over sixty receiving yards in any game this year or finished as a top twenty five fantasy receiver in any week this season. This is also not a good matchup for a breakout game for him. Patrick Sir Patrick Sirtan is waiting right across from you. He is shut down three straight. Number one outside wide receivers. DK Metcalf had three catches for less than thirty yards. George Pickens had two catches for less than thirty yards. Mike Evans had two catches for less than twenty yards against mister Patrick Cirtan, who will be shadowing Wilson in this game.
Speaker 1: I actually think your B grade is kind of generous for Garrett Wilson, and I love Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that one's almost on principle, right, but I mean somewhat. You know, you could say principal the other one and downgrade him even more than that, Ellenlizzard. I'm gonna give him a C wide receiver eighteen in Fantasy so far, seventeen percent target share, one point eight yards per route run. Decent matchup for him here against Riley Moss and Rogers, of course, maybe looking his way more with Patrick Sirtan on the other side of the field. Got to keep Mike Williams on the bench, but don't cut him quite yet. We just need proof of life before we can start him again. But I wouldn't be starting him this week and then Tyler Conklin. I'vevacillated between an A and a B here, I'm gonna I'm gonna go with a B. But I'm super high on Gronklin as we call him this week. He had the ninety three receiving yards last week. Now ranks as the number one tight end in the NFL in route participation, which portends well for future fantasy output. Avoiding Patrick Sirtan is going to lead to more looks for Conklin, I think from Rogers. Keep in mind this Bucks tight end Kate Outon had a twenty four percent target share last week against the Broncos, easily the highest of the season because the bronc the Buccaneers were avoiding Sir Tan and the other thing. Broncos will be without their starting middle linebacker Alex Singleton, which I think could also help Conklin in this matchup.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna give him a bee wow. And so many people need help at tight end. Yes, Trey McBride out all the problems the tight end position has had. That is some that's some good, good advice on Conklin. Let's go to the Rams taking on the Bears here, there's a lot to not like. I do like Kyron Williams. On the Rams side, the way to beat the Bears is on the ground, as Jonathan Taylor proved last week, Chicago giving up four point six yards per carry. They rank ninth worst in yards before contact at one point eight yards. Williams is getting a whopping eighty seven percent of the running back snaps from Los Angeles, seventy nine percent of the carries, and seventy percent of the routes run amongst running backs. So just the heavy usage here and the way to beat the Bears is on the ground. A grade for Kyron Williams. Let's go to the passing game, where there's not a lot to like. My only letter grade is on Colby Parkinson. On paper, the Bears look great against tight ends, but they've not played anybody better than Dalton Schultz, who they held to twenty one yards. Parkinson averaging a healthy thirty one routes per game but still only seeing four targets per game and only at a depth of four point eight yards. I've got a desperation C grade in a brutal week for tight ends. For Colby Parkinson, you can give him a D grade. That's fine, I really can't because there is no such thing as a D grade on this show. Let's go to the rest of the passing offense here, DeMarcus Robinson. He's the de facto number one wide receiver for the Rams, which normally would be good, but against Chicago that means you get Jalen Johnson, and that's bad. He's awesome. Currently Pro Football focuses eleventh ranked cornerback, allowing per game averages of just two catches, twenty five yards and no touchdowns. Robinson dominating the routes run. He leads the team in targets as well. But just the tough matchup here. I've got Robinson on the bench, I've got two two out Well and Tyler Johnson on the bench as well. Now, last week, two weeks ago, it was Tyler Johnson over two to at Well. Last week it was two to at Well over Tyler Johnson in terms of targets, routes, run, and receptions. I don't they could flip flop back Atwell looked looked like he fit in the offense a little bit better last week either way, kind of a neutral matchup against Tyreek Stevenson He's a good, not great cornerback. He's giving up a fifty nine percent catch rate, which is above average. He's given up one touchdown so far. But to me, I just don't trust this passing offense. And I've got both Atwell and Johnson on the bench.
Speaker 2: Why isn't two two Atwell's number twenty two?
Speaker 1: Two to two? Yeah, great question.
Speaker 2: He's number five. What is he doing?
Speaker 1: Is is twenty two of valid wide receiver number?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can do that. I think that's Rashid Shaheed's number.
Speaker 1: That's they got to make that change. That's a great question. It's a great question. Lastly, Matthew Stafford on the bench. Bear's pass defense very good. They ranked top ten in completions allowed, yards allowed, touchdowns allowed. Obviously, Pukinuku is out, Cooper cups out, tricky matchups for the wide outs. I just I can't get behind Matthew Stafford. Your offensive line problems, et cetera. Let's go to the Bear side. A lot of moving parts here. I'm optimistic about the Bears in this game. Rams defense all beat up. DJ Moore and Rome Adunza have a nice opportunity. The Rams secondary has four guys on injured reserve, so I particularly like well. I like both cornerback to Davius White has allowed a league worst four touchdowns in his coverage already with an approaching perfect passer rating against him, but one hundred and forty seven. The other cornerback is Kobe Durant, who ranks as cornerback eighty six by Pro Football Focus. A Donsay sparked to life last week with a big game eleven targets, six catches, one hundred and twelve yards. I like both A Dunza and DJ Moore at B level grades in this game. Now for that to happen, I need Caleb Williams to come around a little bit. If it's not too much trouble, he might take a chance on me quarterback, and I'll tell you about him in just a couple of minutes. Cole Kamett, after two weeks of splitting duty with Gerald Everett, Camet got almost all the work last week, and he rewarded the Bear confidence in him with a very big game. Comet's got a nice opportunity against Los Angeles. They've allowed forty or more yards to an opposing tight end in every game, including a backup Eric Saubert last week, so Cole kamet back on the radar. He is a C grade in this game. Keenan Allen, they're hoping he's going to be able to play. He's going to come into Sunday's game questionable. He runs mostly from the slot, where he's got a neutral matchup against cornerback Quinton Lake, who's allowing a sixty nine percent catch rate, has not given up a touchdown yet this year. Hopefully Keenan Allen can come back here and I kind of like him. DeAndre Swift is dead to us.
Speaker 2: M hmm.
Speaker 1: He is last in rushing yards over expectation at negative two point four yards. That means he's leaving two and a half yards on the table every time he gets the ball.
Speaker 2: Well, when you go backwards ten yards on a fourth and goal rush, it's not that's not not a hell thing.
Speaker 1: His first down run rate is two percent, his yards after contact dead last amongst starters. DeAndre Sift's avoided tackle rate is second to last among starters, and importantly, he got pulled from the game at the end of last week's game for Rochan Johnson, a favorite of a favorite of thorn Eystrums.
Speaker 2: I think we're gonna have to change DeAndre Swift's last name.
Speaker 1: That could be the case. Taylor runs like Taylor Rochon Johnson, I think it's a dart throw. If you're buying into the notion and some of the media reports out of Chicago that Rochan Johnson's going to be the starter this week, that they're going to bench DeAndre Swift and his three year, twenty million dollar contract, then Rochan Johnson hopefully can get a little something done here. The Bears offensive line has not been good, but the Rams defense has been bad, allowing the second most fantasy points to opposing runners. All three lead backs LA has faced have topped seventy seven rushing yards, and the Rams rank thirty first in one defense success rate. LA ranks thirty first in yards after contact allowed. There's a lot to like about the North South power running of Roshan Johnson, potentially in this game. How would you feel about a Roshan Johnson breakout.
Speaker 3: I'd feel good, especially with all the injuries we have this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's take it. Let's get the Bears a running game again too. Wouldn't that be nice? It's been a while, been a while we would take that. Yeah, when we come back, take a chance on me. We've already alluded to some of the players we're going to refer to here. Nine players not normally in your starting lineup. Stay tuned to fight out who the other seven are when we come back to Fantasy Football Weekly, Take a chance on me. Nine players not normally in your starting lineup. Many of these guys available on the waiver wire right now. Let's find out who they are. Beginning with Matt Harrison, you got, I.
Speaker 2: Got Trevor Lawrence. The last time Lawrence faced this Texans team, tally three hundred and sixty four yards, a touchdown through the air, and one on the ground. And I found out some interesting stuff about the Texans defense. In three games, they have allowed six touchdown passes and they've all come in situations where a linebacker or a safety has been in coverage. In Week one against the Dolphins, Trevor Lawrence went after linebackers in safeties eleven times, including his only passing score in the game. In Week two the Browns, he targeted non corner sixteen times. In Week three against the Bills, it was twenty three times, and Bill's safety Cam Lewis was burned for nine catches in ninety nine yards. So the Jags are putting in the effort to create the mismatches nine and those mismatches are in their favor when the Texans play in zone. So if Lawrence attacks the linebackers and safeties in zone coverage, I think he's gonna have a good day.
Speaker 1: All right, sounds good. Let's go to thorn Eistrom. Your take a chance at me quarterback justin fields like it at the Colts starting him in a bunch of leagues.
Speaker 3: Nineteen point four fantasy points last week, and I think more big games are coming here. Despite the of course modest one hundred and seventy two passing yards per game that he's putting up so far, Fields his top five among quarterbacks in design, run attempt share, and scramble rate. He's averaging right now eight point three rushing attempts per game. That that's a huge fantasy floor for him. In addition, in this coming matchup, the Colts have allowed the second most rushing yards per game. There rushing defense stinks, and their pass defense is allowing thirty four more passing yards to opposing quarterbacks than the average opponent. I like Field a lot this week as a start.
Speaker 1: If only somebody had told us in the preseason that Justin Fields would get and hold the job. Matt Harrison, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I did say that a few times.
Speaker 1: You did.
Speaker 2: Russell Wilson is bad at quarterbacks, so and Justin Fields is not as bad.
Speaker 1: The Bears fans Speaking of Bears fans, who I you know? Right now? There's a lot of consternation at Chicago about the quarterback? Did they pick? Should they have picked Jalen Jayden Daniels? Should should they have kept Justin Fields? There's a lot of questions going on.
Speaker 2: Could they have just traded out?
Speaker 1: They could have traded out, and they've just done it again right to who knows a lot of options here, But Caleb Williams might take a chance to be quarterback this week because it's the Rams. Now. He's coming off a three hundred yarder with two touchdowns. The Rams have, as I mentioned last segment, four members of their secondary are on injured reserve. They've allowed the second most passing touchdowns, including back to back three touchdown games. They've allowed the fifth most passing yards. And even though he's not running a lot now, nearly as much as I wanted Kayla Williams to run. The Rams have allowed the fifth most rushing yards to quarterback. Let's go to the running back position, Matt.
Speaker 2: I've got Tony Pollard. A backfield we weren't so sure about at the beginning of the year is pretty clear now. Pollard is getting about two thirds of the snaps, Spears is getting the other third, and lead backs against the Dolphins have all had good days so far. Travis etn fifty nine total yards and a score, and he almost had a second score which he did not get into the end zone in and fumbled. In week one. James Cook did have two scores though, and ninety seven total yards. And oh by the way, Zach sharbonet last week he had two scores one hundred and seven total yards. So two scorers guaranteed for Tony Pollard this week.
Speaker 1: Now, it would be nice. He has got tons of usage. It's not really We thought it might be like evenly split between Pollard and Tase Sharp. Not close right now, You take a chance with me running back Thorn Eistro.
Speaker 3: Going with Brailan Allen here host The Jets are hosting the Broncos last week Allen had one more rushing yard than Brees Hall on five fewer carries in that run heavy game script, and the blowout went over the Patriots. Last Thursday, Allan threw his first three games in the NFL one hundred and forty one yards from scrimmage and two touchdowns, and he scored at least nine point eight PPR point fantasy points in each of the last two games. This is, of course, a very decent matchup against a mediocre run defense. Broncos are seventh worst in the NFL in miss tackle rate. Jets also likely to open up a double digit second half lead that'll flip the game script to Brailan Allen touches. He's got to be in fantasy lineups this week as a flex if nothing else.
Speaker 1: Right after the draft, you and I talked about how much you like Braylan Allen and disliked the landing spot that he found himself in behind Breeze Hall, one of the best runners in league. Off the top of your head, how many teams would Braylan Allen start on right now?
Speaker 3: Are we talking about in a vacuum? Were we talk about this week when everyone's in that right Definitely be Lord than half the NFL this Yeah, I mean eight to ten probably at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's like half the league. I think it is. Yeah, we're getting close. He's really good. You know, else is pretty good. Bucky Irving pretty aren't good going up against Philadelphia this week. Rashod White, by the way, not good so far. Two point one yards per carry. That's horrible, bottom five in rushing yards over expectation at negative one point five. Rashod White and his struggles are even more obvious when Bucky Irving is crushing with six point two yards per carry in the same offense. Last week, Bucky Irving broke nine tackles nine tackles nine on the season, He's got an avoided tackle rate of thirty two percent. So slippery, so slippery, so slippery, and especially for kind of a north south runner, where you'd think you could get better angles on him, but it doesn't work out that way. Meanwhile, Rashot White's broken tackle rate twelve percent. That's it. I just he's the better runner. The switch is coming. At some point. Rashad White is going to turn into third down past catching guy, and it could be this week against an Eagle's defense. That ranks twenty eighth in yards allowed at one hundred and twenty two rushing yards per game, their twelfth in run defense success rate, their twentieth and rushing yards after contact, and Bucky Irving brings the contact baby, so I like him this week. Love it. Let's go to our receivers, Matt.
Speaker 2: I've got Jahan Dotson because no one in Philly is healthy, so it's Dotson's time to shine. AJ Brown isn't practiced in two weeks, DeVonta Smith is out with a concussion. Next man up is newcomer Dotson, who's been on the field for eighty one percent of the snaps in week two, eighty seven percent of the snaps in Week three. Andy gets Jamel Dean this week, who's allowed to pass the rating of one to oh three that's in his coverage this year.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to thorneiserm your receiver.
Speaker 3: I'm going with Jackson, Smith and jigbut at the Lions in this game, I think a big bounce back is coming for JSN after a quiet Week three, despite the Week three passing script going away from him, he led all Seahawk receivers in both snaps and routes in that game. I think he's gonna get peppered with safe targets in this game and what is an expected shootout on Detroit's fast track. Keep in mind, the lines have allowed the fourth most yards to opposing slots this year on the second most targets, so the slots are getting a lot of targets. And don't forget JSN was pepper with sixteen targets for twelve catch in one hundred and seventeen yards as recently as Week two.
Speaker 1: So I think a big game is coming for JSN here. I like it. I've got Michael Wilson against the Commanders because I want any carbon based life form who is starting against the Commanders. Yeah, they've allowed nine wide receiver touchdowns in three games. Think about that. How bad is nine wide receiver touchdowns in three games. That's more than eleven NFL teams combined. They've also allowed the third most receiving yards to opposing touchdowns. Michael Wilson's gonna line up most often against Washington cornerback Noah igbin A Ganay. You made that name nice right as all focus is ninety nine ranked cornerback. So I like Michael Wilson in this game.
Speaker 2: Charge by the way, I've got to Take a Chance on Me free roll over at Fanball Winners this week. It uses these exact nine players that we pick for take a Chance on Me. All you need to do is download the fan Ball Winners mobile app hop into play. You get ten free entries. There's a five hundred dollars prize pool. All you gotta do is pick which one of our quarterbacks was the best, which one of the running backs was the best, and which one of the wide receivers was the best. If you get all three right, you split the pot with the winners. So and if you use promo code FFW when you make a deposit, I'll add twenty dollars in bonus bucks to your account.
Speaker 1: You will personally, yeah, I will lend them in.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you. Let's go.
Speaker 2: We got to take a Chance on Me game. It's to take a Chance on Me game. It's listed on there. You can find it. Thank nice and easy. Name of the app again, Fanball Winners.
Speaker 1: Matt Yeah, Jacksonville taking on Houston. You already told us how you feel about Trevor Lawrence, So if you like him, then some of the receivers have to be in play here, and I gotta believe Brian Thomas is your favorite of the group.
Speaker 2: Well, I mentioned before that attacking zone coverage was key for the Jags. The Jags have played against or sorry, the Texans have played in zone coverage for defense sixty seven percent of the time this year. Brian Thomas Junior, by the way, has not caught a single ball in man coverage this year. All of his all of his receptions have all been in zone. Christian Kirk is the only guy that Trevor Lawrence looks for in man coverage. Okay, so that being said, this is it. Yeah, Thomas, I'm going to give him a C grade. I'm leaving Kirk on the bench. The Texans are going to stay close to their tendency. It should be more of a Thomas than a Kirk game. It is worth noting that Evan Ingram's still out with a hamstring injury. It's possible that Tank Bigsby is contractually obligated to only do stuff in Week one because Travis etn is back as the bell cow whoa. He out snapped Bigsby forty nine to seven last week, and even Deernest Johnson got more time in mop up duty. The Texans did allow Jonathan Taylor to score in Week one and let Aaron Jones go off for one hundred and forty eight total yards and a receiving touchdown last week. The Bears horrible stable of runners were the only team that couldn't get anything going on the ground. Etn gets a B grade on sheer volume in a decent matchup. On the other side, the Texans running back Dujure looks like Cam and it looks like it's gonna be Cam Akers, who saw eighty two percent of the carries for the Texans last week. With both Mixon and Pierce out. All the Texans really said about Mixon was that he was present at practice on Friday's good. That's not good at all. He didn't go Wednesday or Thursday. I don't think he goes, which means it's Cam Akers again. He only had twenty nine yards on ten touches last week, but he did score through the air. The Jags haven't allowed to run her to top sixty four yards on the ground this year, but they have allowed four touchdowns to the position and a bunch of receiving yards to posing back acres is worth a sea start if Mixing is out. If mix and Miraculous miraculously returns, he gets the C instead. Speaking of c's, it's C J. Stroud. Josh Allen just torched the Jags for two sixty three and four. That was almost all in the first half of that game, to a put up three thirty eight and a score. Stroud is an A grade here in a big bounce back week. Nico Collins also getting an A. So is Stefan Diggs. Yeah, who's primarily been running from the slot this year, which puts him in the best matchup against Jerry and Jones. But it doesn't even matter. The three Jaguars corners with more than fifty coverage snaps have allowed pass the ratings of one O eight, one thirteen and one thirty three. Well, that's not good at all. Tank Dell, he's out with a rib injury. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It's a tank versus tank game. Tanks for it never happens. Well, actually it happens twice a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you don't want to play either of them. Uh. Tank Dell out and Dalton Schultz top mark this year three catches for sixteen yards and I think we need to see some explosive output before we throw him in your lineup.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. Saints taking on the Falcons Store and Chris Alave on Friday suffered a hamstring injury. I don't like Friday injuries. That always worries me. The short time table to return. Don't know what his status is gonna be. We're gonna have to watch that one very closely going up to Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if he plays, I'm gonna give him a be But that's again something that you have to monitor very closely. He's being reported as day to day officially questionable for Sunday. Of course, not the best news forty eight hours before kickoff, but Olave does have eighty plus receiving guard get each of the last two weeks. The Falcons pass defense. Meanwhile, on the other side, it's been good so far. Anticipate a close game script would lead to a bunch of targets for a Lave if he's able to play, and the Falcons have allowed the ninth most PPR points to opposing perimeter wide receivers this season. Derek Carr with some of this stuff up in the air, giving him a c crash back down to earth with only one hundred and forty two passing yards and five point six yards per attempt against the Eagles last week. In that game, the reason why he came back to earth he was pressured at the fifth highest rate in the NFL. Last week, Philly provided the recipe to the rest of the NFL on how you defend this Saints team. Carr is not going to face as much pressure this week against the Falcons. However, The Saints love to use that play action game to get their easy looks, and the Falcons they have seen more play action than any defense in the NFL this season, and they've allowed the eighth fewest yards per attempt on play action attempts. For all those reasons, I'm keeping Car out a sea. Elvin Kamara. He's listed with two injury Everyone listed with injuries this week, ribs and a hit pointer listed as questionable. If Kamara plays, we expect him to will. I'm giving him an a in this game. They have to give him a billion touches year, especially in lieu of the Olave injury. Kamara RB one and Fantasy twenty seven point two Fantasy points per game number eight in rush here number two in target share as a receiver. The Falcons their defense surrendering more than one hundred and fifty rushing yards per game, and the Falcons have a poor front seven that projects poorly against that wide zone system that the Saints like to use. So expect to see Kamara out on that edge and ripping off gashing yards there. Rashid shahied I'm going I upgraded him to a bee when we got the old Lave news here. Of course, he went zero for five on targets last week. But despite that, Rashid Shaheed our boy, still wide receiver twenty seven and fantasy points per game. Solid match up here to get back on track. Falcons run the sixth highest rate of single high in the entire NFL. Of course, Shaheed is better against single high. You get the pre delineated one on one looks that he feasts on. You're gonna need that bomb here to return the fantasy value. But he's going to get those looks, in particular if Chris Olave is not playing, so I'm gonna give him a bee. Taysom Hill, stop me if you've heard this one before. Injury surrounding that, but Hill's going to be back after he missed last week with a chest injury. We'll assuredly see more looks if indeed Chris o'lave is out in this game. For that reason, I gave him a sea. I wouldn't have game him or I wouldn't gamble on him if Olave was indeed playing. But in the games where Taysom Hill has been healthy averaging five touches, twenty seven and a half total yards, well healthy flipping over to the falcon side, Kirk Cousin's gonna give him a see in this game. QB twenty seven and fantasy points per game. Not a great week for a statistical bonanza there. Saints have a great passing defensive allowed only one passing touchdown this year. Bjon Robinson is a must start, of course, Tyler Lger. I would keep him on the bench in this matchup. Drake London another must start. He's returned to himself after the quiet week one that he had in Cousins' debut under speed wide receiver one there of course Darnell Mooney.
Speaker 1: I think Mooney's looked really good. He has looked really.
Speaker 3: Good and he might be the wide receiver two there, the pass catcher number two over Pitts.
Speaker 1: Even there, I'm gonna give him a see.
Speaker 3: He has, like you know that being what it is, twenty three percent target share and the Saints have given up the fifth most receiving yards per game. Kyle Pitt's gonna give him a see. This might be the last week where I give him a seed. He only hit Church get this seven point four percent first read share. They're not even looking at them. And even if there's a tertiary option there, Cousins isn't getting down to him on the progression chart there, and Pits start to lose snaps last week. In addition, this is though a solid matchup if you can stomach it. The Saints have allowed the fourth most receptions and third most receiving yards to opposing tight ends this year, so we're gonna give Pitts a tentative seat.
Speaker 1: He had a touchdown taken away from him last week, which he deserved. He that, so give him credit for that. But he took advantage of a really struggling Chiefs defense last week. This is another opportunity for Pits. But man, it's never easy with Kyle Pitts. Now, you know what is easy? All fantasy football. When you use some of the amazing tools at fantasylife dot com. I keep three Fantasy Life tabs open to my desktop all week. You get tons of stories, both free and premium. You get more and better guillotine tools than anyplace else. So many tools, player projections, starts, it airyard snap counts, run routes, all the stuff that you hear us talking about, almost all of it.
Speaker 4: You get to read all the stuff, yes, stuff, and you get to do it cheaper when you use promo code FFW twenty, which gives you twenty percent off brings your price to under three dollars per month.
Speaker 1: Fantasy at Life dot com. When we come back, Vikings Packers. When we return a big block of matchups on Fantasy Football Weekly, Paul Jarchi and Matt Harrison throw an ice room with you. Vikings go to Green Bay. Justin Jefferson obviously a great every week. But let me note this. JayR Alexander may not play the superstar cornerback. He's got quad and groin injuries and enough fear injuries, and Andy's scared he's wetting them at the prospect of facing Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Note that depth cornerback Carrington Valentine, also not expected to go. Justin Jefferson might be the best play of the week. If this thing pans out without those two players.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a fantasy ardvark.
Speaker 1: You know what it does, sound like a fantasy ardvark right there, Yeah, fantasy ardvark on Justin Jefferson. Let's stay with the passing game. Sam Donald leads the NFL in touchdown passes. It feels weird to say, at multiple touchdowns in every game. We want our fantasy passers to be able to deliver downfield, and that's what Sam Donald is doing. In total opposition to everything we ever saw about Sam Donald before he got to Minnesota, he actually leads the NFL in completion percentage on passes over fifteen yards. Green Bay's pass defense looks suspect, and obviously if jy R. Alexander doesn't go, or if he's playing in a limited fashion, it looks even better for him. Then. Even though green Bay faced almost non functional passers and Will Levis and Anthony Richardson, they still rank twenty fourth in passing yards allowed and twenty fourth in pass touchdowns allowed, and twenty second in opposer passer rating. Sam Darnold's a B right now, and it moves up to an A if JayR Alexander can't go. This also brings into play Jordan Addison, who's completely off the injury report as a Friday. He's gonna start in this game, and I think Jalen Naylor is also potentially startable. He has been so good. I think we're gonna get a lot of eleven personnel to get Addison, Naylor, and Jefferson on the field at the same time. It'll also press Eric Stokes into x extra coverage and he was awful last year and he doesn't look any different this year. Just gave up a touchdown to the undead corpse of DeAndre Hopkins last week. Addison and Naylor come in with C grades. Aaron Jones it's a revenge game, of course, when he comes up against a run defense that ranks twenty fourth in yards per carry allowed and the other metrics all look roughly middle of the pack for the Green Bay Packers. Two of three opposing teams have run for over one hundred yards against Green Bay. I think he's gonna flirt with the one hundred yard mark here himself and I've got an A grade on Aaron Jones. Let's go over to the Packers. If it's a Molik Willis start, then the only starting grade I can give you is Josh Jacobs. If it's a Jordan Love start, I can only get you to a SEA on Jordan Love because I'm worried that his knee will not be one hundred percent. It'll take away some of his mobility. He's going to be a stationary figure for Brian Flores to attack. Minnesota is the only team over the last twenty years to have five or more sacks in each of the first three games. Wow, that's a stat. That's a stat right there. This defense is absolutely swarming. And if Love doesn't have some of the mobility that he uses to extend plays, I'd be worried about him here. If Love does go, I can get you to C grades on Jayden Reid as a run pass combo Romeo Dobbs. Maybe they've been the only two Green Bay receivers who are getting consistent playing time and routes. I don't see a lot of upside for these guys, and that's why I'm only giving C grades here. And if Reid gets about half of the slot use, which he normally does. It's not a great situation because Minnesota does a fantastic job against slot receivers in general, Dobbs is going to have better options against the outside cornerbacks Stefan Gilmour and Shack Griffin, who are giving up a seventy one percent catch rate. But again, if it's Malik Willis, then the whole passing game is on the bench, and that leaves us with Josh Jacobs tough matchup against an elite run defense. Minnesota ranks number one in run defense by Pro Football Focus. They're number seven in tackling, their number five in run defense success rate. They're number three in yards per carry allowed at just three point six. Two of three opposing teams against Minnesota have failed to top forty five rushing yards as a team. It's that bad. With Jordan Love at the helm, Minnesota should provide a somewhat looser box, which can help Jacobs reverse declining yards per carry in every game, which has been the case so far. And don't start, but let's just let's just note Emmanuel Wilson looks pretty darn good. Keep your eye on that cat. I liked I like what I've seen so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brian had him as take a chance on me last week and he.
Speaker 1: Scored pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did he score the time you.
Speaker 2: Scored a touchdown?
Speaker 1: Scott?
Speaker 2: Not three times? Not like you did?
Speaker 1: Oh? Why? Thanks?
Speaker 2: Oh it?
Speaker 1: Juwan Jenny Nings last week.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Take a Chance on Me Hall of Fame Hall charch In. Thank you very John Tuvy.
Speaker 1: John Tuvy's our raining chasing Yeah, he's our raigning champion with a four touchdown take a chance on Me performance about ten years ago, and we'll never forget it. Philadelphia takes on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Speaker 2: Matt Yeah. Saquon Barkley is an A grade. He's on the field for eighty five percent of his team snaps his cow bell rings the loudest. Jalen Hurts gets an A grade too, even with all of his wide receivers dinged up. Hurts faces the Bucks that have allowed one hundred and forty rushing yards and three scores on the ground two opposing quarterbacks in the first three weeks. That's second most in yards in the most touchdowns. Dallas Goddard should be heavily involved again. He had ten catches and one hundred and seventy yards last week. Probably could have scored on a long catch and run, but I think he got tired the last ten yards. The Bucks have done a good job keeping the tight end off the board so far. Zach Ertz and Sam Laporta didn't do much, but they won't receive the volume that Goddard will see in this game. So Goddard gets a B. Johan Dotson was might take a chance on me wide receiver I mentioned aj Brown and DeVonta Smith, both unlikely to go. Paris Campbell, by the way, will serve as wide receiver two in a juicy matchup against the Bucks. Campbell manned the slot last week where Britton Covey got hurt and the Bucks secondary allowed eleven catches for one hundred and nineteen yards to Detroit slot wide receiver a mon Ross Saint Brown last week. Now, Paris Campbell's not a mon Ross Saint Brown. But yeah, you know the other slot receiver on the other side, Chris Godwin. He gets an A. He's seen thirty three percent of his team's targets so far this season. He's caught every ball thrown his way but three, and he scored a touchdown in each of his first three weeks, and from the slot he gets a lot of Avante Maddox, who gave up a touchdown in Week one to a similarly talented slot receiver, Jaden Reid, who had four catches for one hundred and thirty eight yards in that one. Mike Evans dealing with a knee injury. He's been limited Wednesday and Thursday. He might not go in this one. If he does, he deserves at least a C grade. But Jalen McMillan does too. It's been free. Darius Sleigh rides all over town that year as Slaves, given up a passer rating of one forty one in his coverage.
Speaker 1: Wow, I do it's bad, and I think it was that bad.
Speaker 2: It's real bad.
Speaker 1: We used to have a slay bells on our button barble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not anymore. We don't anymore. It's we're not very Christmasy over here. Baker Mayfield gets a solid B in all of this. Kirk Cousins and Jordan Love cobbled together some decent days against this defense. In twelve of the last twenty quarterbacks who faced the Eagles d if thrown for multiple touchdown passes lastly Rashadway and Bucky Irving. Obviously, Irving was charged to take a chance on me running back. I will note that he did sit out Thursday's practice with a hamstring injury, but he did return to practice on Friday. We think he'll be good to go. The snapshare still favors White two to one, but as Charge mentioned, the touch totals tell a different story. What I will mention in Tampa's most dominant win, White touched the ball twenty one times and he's definitely been more involved in the passing game than Bucky. But it's just a C grade because I don't trust the workload thor.
Speaker 1: We got to be quick on this one. But and maybe that's all we have to do, because the Cleveland Browns are areck right now. They're going to be missing three offensive linemen in this game against the Raider, sure.
Speaker 3: Are Yeah, you got to keep Deshaun Watson on the bench, and this one despite it being a decent matchup here against that Colts defense, But keep him on the bench. Jerome Ford, Listen, it's questionable here. He did return to practice in limited capacity on Thursday. He has that knee issue. If he plays. I'm giving him a seat if he doesn't, because Pierre Strong has already ruled up for this game with the hamstring. Deontay Foreman, I would give the Sea too, so we'll see how that goes. Amari Cooper, I'm gonna give him a b. The opportunities finally turned into production last week. Seven catches for eighty six yards, two touchdowns against the Giants on twelve targets, and the Raiders have allowed the fourth most Fantasy points per game. Two wide receivers over expectation have to temper expectation because of the quarterback play. But the matchup is there, and in particular because David and Joke who's not going to play. So when the balls in the air, it is going to Cooper going to the Raiders side. Gardner Minshew is a bench and his leash is not long. Zamir White. I would also keep Zamir White on the bench in this week.
Speaker 1: Disappointment.
Speaker 3: Only played twenty two percent of snaps last week. Yeah ten ten carries for thirty four yards and the loss of the Panthers. He needs positive game scripts to get production whatsoever. Because he's the early down guy. The passing scripts aren't going to work for him. DeVante Adams ruled out he had the hamstring injury. He's not playing in this game, which makes brock Bauers really the only guy that you want to start in this Jim.
Speaker 1: Kobe Myers too.
Speaker 3: I guess with with Adams being out, you could put Myers.
Speaker 1: As a sort of a desperation.
Speaker 3: See brock Bauers, he is the mus star fifteen catches last two game and is going to get a ludicrous amount of targets in this game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you on all of that. You know, we like to peacock the things we got right. This is us eating pro right here on Zamir White, and I'm talking to Matt and I. We spent the preseason talking of Zamir White as somebody who was gonna get a ton of carries in this offense. We thought that Zamir White was what we saw in December was productivity. I mean, the guy was running, you know, twenty times a game for one hundred and ten total yards a game. Are like, okay, I extrapolate that over sixteen weeks he was a He was one of those guys that I targeted and might do the opposite drafts in round seven, Zamir White. I'm contemplating dropping him all together. Yeah, based on that's getting closer White we've seen.
Speaker 2: I think this week's gonna be the week. I'm still believing. I still believe there's so many raiders out it's gonna be this week.
Speaker 1: When Antonio Pierce said that he's he's the people that made business decisions on the field, we're gonna get bench. The first thing I thought of was Zamir White. Yeah, I don't know. We'll find out. What's what Hey. Paid contest now available at Guillotine leagues dot com. If you were basinly waiting to join a Guillotine league for prizing, this is your chance, still fifteen weeks of hot, spicy chopping action. If you don't know fifteen people to play with, join a free or prize to public league at Guillotine leagues dot com. Back for our number two in Moments, our number two of Fantasy Football Weekly. I am Paul Charchian. Follow me on Twitter at Paul Charchian. Then there's Matt Harrison follow him at Explosive Output and thor Nystrom at thor Ku. Yeah, Rock Chalk at Rock chalk, babe. This is a game we call three tough questions.
Speaker 2: Tough question number one, what's.
Speaker 1: The appropriate level of concern over Patrick Mahomes? Is it none? Is it some? Or is it a bowel loosening level of existential dread? We begin with Matt Harrison.
Speaker 2: I was confused when I saw this question. It was three confusing questions. I'm trying to come up with. Wide be concerned. I know he hasn't thrown for three hundred yards yet, but he has had at least two hundred and ninety one yards or multiple scores in every game, and he played three good defenses so far in Baltimore, Sincy, and Atlanta. The schedule isn't easy, but the matchups he has left, He's got the Saints two at the Raiders, the Bucks, the Panthers, the Texans that are suddenly terrible at defense. He's not going to break fantasy. He won't be the number one scoring quarterback, but he's gonna get you reliable fantasy points every week. And nobody was drafting him like he was going to break fantasy this year. So I'm not concerned at all.
Speaker 1: Zero concern for you, all right, Thorp, what's the appropriate level of concern over Patrick Mahomes. None, some or blowed that was well sept by Matt.
Speaker 3: You know, as long as he was being viewed as a sort of neighborhood to tier two type fantasy quarterback. In that context, I don't have any about him. There was always going to be some sort of acclamation process with adding Xavier Worth the end of the offense, and then of course the unexpected loss of Hollywood Brown while you were trying to acclimate him in. If the expectations were realistic, you're not disappointed right now. You're only disappointed if the expectations weren't.
Speaker 1: I think most people did not see him as a quarterback two. I don't think he was conviewed as a second tier quarterback. He went off the board his quarterback five in fantasy drafts. He was viewed as an extremely safe, every week starter, but the data does not back that up. Now, Travis Kelsey's part of the problem. He's tight end twenty seven right now. It's been bad behind Nick Vannette and Johnny Munt. What are we even talking about here? I know some people are suggesting that Travis Kelce is suffering from a Super Bowl hangover. That he's spent his whole off season partying with Taylor Swift and sipping Dom Perignon, and that he's not in football shape. But let me be clear, if I had spent an entire off season dating Taylor Swift, my cardio would be outstanding right now.
Speaker 3: As we've discussed earlier in the episode, Swift is not good for offenses.
Speaker 1: No, Swift is not good for offenses. I could go hit the seventh stage of the Tour de France if I had been dating Taylor Swift all offseason. So I don't think that's the problem. But I will tell you what's killing Patrick Mahomes. We think of Patrick Mahomes and these legendary deep passes, ideally to Tyreek Hill in the old day. Since Tyreek has left, those have dried up. But listened to this on passes of over fifteen yards, and we think of Patrick Mahomes like forty yards downfield, there's only fifteen yards. Mahomes ranks twenty seventh in attempts and fifteenth in completions. That's it. And these deep balls are what unlocks all these big fantasy games gains where you get one completion and you get you know, sixty yards. None of that's none of that's happened. You mentioned Xavier Worthy. He has not helped yet and that might come down the road. And that's fair to say that Xavier Worthy could turn into the deep threat that he hasn't had yet. But this is not a new problem for Mahomes. Let's go back to Week eight of last year and the eleven regular season games since then, Thor and Matt In the last eleven Patrick Mahomes regular season games. You want to guess how many times Patrick Mahomes has been a top ten quarterback Fantasy quarterback and points score. I'll go too, yeah, two, one, Oh, we're really close his jo, his average Patrick Mahomes average start, going back to the middle last season, quarterback sixteen more often than not. If you had another viable alternative, you probably would have outscored Patrick Mahomes. You need to have some concern about this outBut he's not hurting you. But he's not Patrick Mahomes and you either. I just question his name. How I did that? Are you buying low and Mark Andrews? Are you just glad you don't have him for We'll be in this one with Thor.
Speaker 3: I'm happy that I do not have him. I do not have him in one league, the Ravens. They have more aerial options now in the offense is always going to be run leaning as far as you know, as long as Lamar Jackson is running it, Andrews always should have been viewed, in my opinion, as a situation specific fantasy played this year, and I think that's what he's going to continue to be. I fully believe he's going to have a couple of big games this year, but that's going to be on the owner in advance to suss out those matchups that facilitate those looks. I don't own him, and I would only buy low if the price was pretty dang low.
Speaker 1: All right, Matt, are you buying low on Mark Andrews or are you just glad you don't have him.
Speaker 2: I think everybody's trying to remember what happened two years ago and three years ago when it was Lamar Jackson running and all of his passes went to Andrews, and those days are over. The addition of Derrick Henry that might be the thing that's killing him, or the emergence of Isaiah Likely, or the fact that Zay Flowers was drafted last year and he doesn't suck. There's also Lamar being able to run. Still I don't want him. I am glad I don't have him.
Speaker 1: There's part of me that rationally feel like you can get him for almost free right now, and so why not roll the dice. But the numbers just don't back it up. Get this, For the three games this year, Mark Andrews has declining snaps, routes, and targets in all three games now. In fairness, last week the Ravens got way out ahead of the Cowboys. They's ram the ball the rest of the game, so I mean, you know, the game script turned very much against all the receivers, so maybe that was part of it. But also Isaiah Likely's emergence means that they're just splitting opportunities and there just weren't enough opportunities to go around to begin with correct and Likely's really good, and so even though Andrews might still be a good tight end, there's just not enough opportunity. And we've sent it for a million times over the thirty years of this show. Opportunity is more important than talent for fantasy use, yes, and we just don't have it with Mark Andrews correct answer, be glad you don't have them tough. Question number three, Is Malik Neighbors already the number one dynasty wide out?
Speaker 2: Matt speaking of opportunity and talent? I mean he's pretty good, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, that that is the X and Y axis coming together right here.
Speaker 2: It really is. But my answer is no, he's not the number one dynasty wide out because Daniel Jones is still so bad. He threw a pass to Neighbors that got him concussed on Thursday night. It was a pass that it just it toasted him. You think that won't happen again with Danny Dimes at the Helm, No, it's gonna happen again. Neighbors is probably in the top five though. If it's me, I have Jefferson, Chase, Lamb, and Harrison above Malik Neighbors. But that's it.
Speaker 1: That's it, Okay, Foor. Is Malik Neighbors already the number one dynasty wideout?
Speaker 3: He's not, But I'm so dang impressed with him. Even that ball where he got concussed. He did that Chris Carter thing where his body went lamp in order to get the feet behind him in and if he had held onto that ball. He would have have been a catch because he got those feed him. But that's why his head bunked off the ground. Justin Jefferson's ahead of him for sure, Ceedee Lamb and Jamar Chase. It's hard to sort of gauge their value here based on acclimating back early in the season.
Speaker 1: Love neighbors, absolutely love him.
Speaker 3: But contextually you think about Dynasty, They're going to have a different quarterback in the future. I think they're also going to have a different coaching staff in the future. Then there's going to be an acclamation process of that young quarterback that they draft ostensibly in the top five to six this coming year. That could hurt neighbors. And then also when you get more weapons around him. One Dale look decent on the Thursday night football game, but they need other weapons around him. Once they do, those guys will get the balls as well. Some neighbors. He's moven up there, but I can't call wide receiver one in Dynasty.
Speaker 1: For receivers, I'd rather have neighbors than almost everybody, but not quite everybody. And the criteria is I need any other receivers gotta be young, and I put the cut off at twenty five. Gotta be twenty five or younger, and you have to have a stable, good quarterback throwing you the ball. So my list is not that different than yours. Justin Jefferson, I think is in whether it's Sam Darnold in the future or it's JJ McCarthy in the future. Ceedee Lamb is in. Dak Prescott's got a fat new long contract, he's set. Jamar Chase is in with Joe Burrow. He's only twenty four. Jamar Chase I also had. I'm on Ross Saint Brown in he's only twenty, that's true. And Jared Goff's great, He's not great. I'm on Ross great. Jared Goff's good enough. I don't have Harrison in mind quite yet, but I've got the Leak Neighbors number five. Those are the only four receivers that I would say no to on a trade for the Lak Neighbors and the list. That's it, just the four guys. Hey, let's get back to the matchups coming up next. Hey, it's me New England Patriots taking on the forty nine ers. There is not a lot to talk about with the Patriots side. Ramondre Stevenson. When I went into this matchup, Matt, I thought Ramondre Stevenson was going to be a bench guy. But then I started digging into the data.
Speaker 2: But we all wish we left him on the bench last.
Speaker 1: Week, and boy, oh god, I survived a couple of guillotine leagues by the skin of my teeth Romondre because I got him in a lot of leagues forty nine ers. Run defense is just okay. They're giving up four point four yards per carry. They've given up the eleventh most fantasy points to opposing runners. They ranked twenty fifth in run defense success rate. They're dead last in rushing yards before contact at two point three. They've allowed the second fewest missed tackles, and Stevenson's been great with miss tackles, so they're tackling well. I'm also a little bit worried about the Patriots offensive line, which is decimated by injury right now, but I think Stevenson gets enough use here. If the Patriots have any prayer of pulling the upset here, they've got to run the ball and run well, and they got to hope that Romandri does some special things. So I just think through sheer volume. They're gonna that romondre Stevenson is gonna be a play here. C grade on rimondre Stevenson. The entire passing games on the bench for the Patriots.
Speaker 2: Do you think it is the Drake may Real getting into this game.
Speaker 1: I hope not, because they're doing the right thing by not putting him in these terrible positions behind a bad offensive line that's all banged up. Let's hope that we don't see Drake may here. The whole passing game on the bench, including Hunter Henry, which I think would be the guy you'd be most inclined to play here. Forty nine ers rank number one in tight end defense, allowing the fewest receptions, the fewest yards, and the fewest touchdowns zero to opposing tight ends. So this is not and by the way, they were the six bet tight best tight end defense last year by Fantasy points. It's the whole thing's dead, including Pop Douglas. You might be tempted to start, We're not going to go there either. So all the passing game out for the Patriots. Let's go to the niner side. A grade on Jordan Mason. He leads the league in rushing attempts, and why not. He's averaging almost five yards per carry. He's posted the sixth best avoided tackle rate. He's got the fourth highest rushing yards over expectation. Patriots are not a bad run defense, to be clear, but they've allowed rushing touchdowns in every game. They're not a good They're not dominating run defense. The Jordan Mason just too much volume. He's too good a grade.
Speaker 2: With the news that Christian McCaffrey is going to Germany to get his achilles looked at, does this make Jordan Mason League winner a top five runner the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it absolutely does. Absolutely does. Does anybody ever go to like some foreign country to have some procedure that's an illegal in America and come away better for it? I mean it's like such a desperation dart throw. It doesn't ever seem like it works, like you're going to some shirpa in a yurt in Mongolia because you found some guy who's willing to give you the procedure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know, man, I figure like the German embassy would be like something you could go to instead.
Speaker 1: Maybe that would be me. Yeah, I think absolutely Horse placentis. Let's go Robby, let's go with the past. Let's go with the passing game. And I'll start with Brock Party, who has look great currently. Pro football focuses quarterback two overall seventy two percent completion rate that he's throwing the ball deep down field. He's still completing a ton of passes. He's got the third and longest average depth of target, and those big downfield plays have unlocked gobs of fantasy points. Patriots have struggled against Geno Smith and Aaron Rodgers and back to back games, and this looks like their toughest test yet. I've got a solid B borderline A grade on Brock Purty. Juwan Jennings. Now, we got to watch Deebo Samuel's status for this game. Now, if Deebo goes in this game, he only gets a C grade because I'm worried that he's not going to be one hundred percent. But if Deebo's out, Juwan Jennings back to being a solid play like he was last week. Jennings get the big uptick in usage and routes, run and plays last week. He's a big body, he's athletic. He wins contested catches. Jenny runs about half his place from the slot, where he would match up against cornerback Marcus Jones, who's allowing a seventy three percent catch rate. Again, if Debo comes back, then Deebo runs from the slot and they'll kick Jwan Jennings outside. That would drop Jennings to a crade in this game. How about Brandon Ayuk. I get the feeling if the Niners could do it again, they would not pay Ayuk the money they just paid him. Because Juwan Jennings looks every bit is good and he's practically free, He's gonna get a lot of coverage from the Patriots' best cornerback, Jonathan Jones, who often shadows opponents' best outside receiver. Jones was great last year, allowing only a single touchdown, and Jones hasn't allowed a touchdown this year so far. He's been similarly didn't allow a touchdown last year and this year he's giving up just two catches for twenty nine yards per game in his coverage. I can only get you to a C grade on Ayuk. Ayuk looked like the smash spot last week ended up being Juwan Jennings. He's looks like George Kittle's gonna go, which is great. Excited for him to go. If he can't, you could throw Eric Sauberd in again, but.
Speaker 2: He is off the injury report.
Speaker 1: Now, very positive news there. Patriots have allowed the six most tight end receiving yards, including getting hammered by Tyler Konklin last week. So Kittle goes, be great on Kittle, game on and hopefully that will be the case in this game. One final matchup for this segment, and that's you, Matt Okay Washington Commanders at Arizona Cardinals, and we got to a stage with Jayden Daniels in game number four. We just go, well, he's an obvious A and we just move on with the rest of our matchup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. He's completed eighty percent of his passes this season. He's twenty third in the league in passes attempted, but he's been super efficient, sixth in the league in yards per attempt at eight point seven yards. He's also scored the most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback and second in the league in rushing yards by a quarterback, behind only Lamar Jackson. He's an auto A grade unless he plays a heavy hitter of a defense. This Cardinals unit, ain't it. Terry McLaurin. Terry McLaurin, he's fifth in the league in average depth of target at sixteen point four yards. That means he's sixteen yards downfield from the line of scrimmage when targets get to him. That's a long way is a long way. Problem is he's only had eighteen targets in his first three weeks, and I don't know if I expect a huge target load this week. It's been so easy to run again sins the Cards. Hardly any receivers have done anything. Son God managed seventy five in a score last week, but that's really the only notable game thus far for wide receivers. They're not even really getting targeted against Arizona. So I'll give Terry a C. But I don't feel super enthusiastic about it. And you're not starting Diami Brown, who's eating into Luke McCaffrey snaps, I'm sad about that. Zach Ertz is getting you four or five targets a game, which means he'll get you four or five receptions per game, and that's a lot in this tight end class really is. It's a revenge game for him too. But it's the same problem I have with McLaurin. No one's passing against the Cards. I'll throw a cee here for PPR leagues because he will get you four catches, so you got four points plus the ardage For the Runners. Austin Eckler is out with a concussion, so Brian Robinson is in line for bell Cow usage. He had fifty two percent of the team's rushing attempts last week while Eckler was still healthy. Bell Cow's James Cook and Kyron Williams had decent fantasy days against the Cards, but the combo of David Montgomery and Jamior Bibbs both had a field day against Zona last week. Both over one hundred total yards, both scored. It's worth noting they combined for thirty nine carries. That's so many. B is for bell Cow and B is for Brian. On the other side, Kyler Murray, he's getting an A grade opposing quarterbacks if thrown a touchdown pass against the Commanders nine times this year, most in the league by a bunch through three weeks. Even Danny Dimes had a relevant game against this defense, Michael Wilson was charges take a chance on me wide receiver and Marvin Harrison an obvious A grade. I mentioned mclaurin's average depth of sixteen point four. Well, Marvin is at sixteen point one. That's sixth best in the league. All nine of the receiving touchdowns the Commanders have allowed, they've all gone to wide receivers. Top wide receivers have not failed yet against Washington, Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Malik Neighbors, Jamar Chase. They all managed at least twenty PPR points. And Trey McBride is out with a concussion this week, so it's all going Harrison's way.
Speaker 1: By the way, Trey McBride's backup, Elijah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I should know this. Yeah, we're I'm not going there. I had I.
Speaker 1: Needed to pivot to him in one of my I'm desperate in some of my boke I've had a pivot to him against Thank you, Elijah Higgins. He was heavily used last week after McBride went out. Look, if you are desperate, this is a plausible start against Washington, Okay, Elijah Hidgen Higgins.
Speaker 2: Uh, if it's so easy to pass against Washington as James Connor doomed. No, he gets an A grade two. Rashad White, Devin Singletary, Zach moss All had at least ninety total yards against the Commanders. Connor should bounce back after a dismal week against a good Lions d He's ready to go. Give him an A.
Speaker 1: All right, we need to wrap up for this segment when we come back. Pittsburgh Steelers at Indianapolis Colts. This Anthony Richardson has become one of the trickiest starts. So this week he's facing probably the best defense in the NFL and he has played badly. We will find out if you dare put Anthony Richardson in your lineup when we come back to Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Jarchi and Matt Harrison, Thor and Einstrom with you. Steelers take on the Colts. We already talked a little bit on the passing game of the Steelers. Thor, let's talk about the running game. Naji Harris looks like he's sitting on a big workload here. With Jalen Warren ruled out of this game, he.
Speaker 3: For sure is and it looks like Harris will play. He had his own injury, the right arm injury, but withheld him from practice on Wednesday, but he came back on Thursday.
Speaker 1: Looks like he's gonna play.
Speaker 3: And Harris is averaging twenty plus touches per game had a season high thirteen point six PPR points against the Chargers. This is a very good matchup against a bad Colts defense, in particular with Jalen Warren out of the game. And could that last development there lead to more playing time for Cordero Patterson. I think that's what ESPN Steelers beat reporter believes reporting on Friday the Patterson will likely play more in this game. Patterson had four carries for thirty three yards against the Chargers and three catches on five targets for fifteen additional yards. So someone to keep an eye on if your roster is injury decimated like most of ours.
Speaker 1: And it helps that the Colts are giving up the second most rushing yards, including two different one hundred and fifty yard rushing performances against them. Correct, I think Cordaryl Patterson dart throw CE.
Speaker 3: Dart throw. C. We're giving him at dart throw. See of course, justin Fields might take a chance at me. Quarterback George Pickens his top wide receiver really his only wide receiver there he gets an a wide receiver fifty and fantasy points per game. But the underlying metrics to just that a breakout game is imminent for George Pickens, and why not against this terrible Colts defense. Pickens is number ten in separation rate and route win rate. He has a bonkers two point nine yards per route run against single high coverage as you will see throughout this game against a Colts defense that loves to run it. Pat Fryermouth given him a B tight end fourteen and fantasy points per game, but he's number three and route win rate, and this is another good matchup for him. Indy is allowing the seventh most fantasy points per game to tight ends anyone playing against the Colts defense.
Speaker 1: It's a good matchup.
Speaker 3: Moving over to the Colt side, I do believe that Anthony Richardson is startable. I'm not giving up on Anthony Richsons okay, and in particular sort of the paradigm that we find ourselves in this week, he might even be an attractive start for you, depending on the rest of your ross. I'm giving him a bee this week, mister Richardson. Now, of course he's been QB twenty one and QB thirty one in Fantasy the last two weeks.
Speaker 1: The struggles through the air.
Speaker 3: Go without saying, he's not even completing fifty percent of his passes. And of course you mentioned the Steelers how good that their defense is. They also have the NFL's number two run defense. However, again in lieu of the context of this thing, I was looking at advanced metrics on this where the Colts do have an advantage on the deep passes in this game that is obviously Richardson's game, and I think he's going to break a runner two I think in this game against the Steelers on scrambles.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna give him a be.
Speaker 3: Again in the context that we're existing and now Jonathan Taylor's an obvious mus start gets an a Michael Pittman, he's the one.
Speaker 1: That really really suffers.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, because of the Richardson passings, I'm gonna give him a C. It's bordering on I'm closer to bench than I am to be for Pittman. Anthony richards inconsistency short and intermediate is killing Pittman's production, and Pittman overall does not seem like a good.
Speaker 1: Fit for Richardson's game. I agree, just as.
Speaker 3: A general sort of comment there, Pittman had four catches. I'm sorry, has not had more than four catches nor thirty six receiving yards in any game this year, zero touchdowns so far in this game. Of course, he's going to be shadowed by Joey Porter Junior. The not great likely needs a touchdown to be to return value in fantasy, but I'll give him a seat. I'm gonna keep Josh Downs on the bench here. He's been richardson sort of accuracy helper. And you know in his first game Downs his first game back, had forty percent design target rate, but only one point eight a dot. It's right near the line of scrimmage. This is not a good matchup for Downs. Steelers have all of the tenth fewest receiving yards per game to opposing slots. If you're super duper desperate, you could try Alec Pierce here again because of the thing of the deep balls with the Colts, and if your your roster is decimated, I could see you starting him in deep league, standard leagues. I think you have to keep Pierce on the bench, but keep in mind the possibility of a bomb there, and of course he's gonna return the value if he does. Twenty five point two A dot for Alec Pierce so far they year, you're saying, yeah, it's it's pray for the home run proposition with him here, No Colts tight end is startable.
Speaker 1: So that's all we got for that matchup. Kansas City takes on the Chargers. Let's start with Travis kelce I can only get you to a C grade, and honestly, it's only because he's running a ton of snaps, tons of routes run. He's on the field so much you feel like he's gotta get rolling at some point, hopefully. Sunday Chargers have been a middle of the pack tight end defense so far. The most capable tight end the Chargers have faced so far. Brock Bauers six catches, fifty eight yards, got it right now. I would love that from Travis Kelsey. It's like his whole season right now. I've got to be sorry. C grade on Travis Kelcey, C grade on Xavier Worthy. Our worst fears have been realized it's very low volume and nothing to show for it. When Xavier Worthy doesn't catch a long bomb like he did in week one, it's basically he's mvs all over again. All you know, you could your total total dart throw stuff. Really hard to figure out when when these things could come together. And after two dud games, I still give him a C grade here because he's running a lot of routes second only to Rashi Rice on this team, and the Chargers secondary has only faced Gardner Minshew, Bryce Young and and Justin Fields and they're gonna be without safety Derwin James, so maybe without their starting safety in this game, that does unlock a deep catch for Xavier Worthy. So I'm throwing a dart throw sea on Xavier Worthy in this game. That's it for the receiving portion. Oh, Rashi Rice every week A grade. I'm Arashi Rice. We're at this point now where it's just obviously every week unless something strange happens. Love Rashee Rice every week. The six yard slant that he turns into twelve yard games over and over again all game. We love it for Rashi Rice. Let's go to the running game. Carson Steel seventeen carries even even thousands of miles separated from Krocky Jay.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man of Steel, Man of Steel. Uh. He got two thirds of the workload last week and he ran even ran more routes than samajip Ran. Was shocked me. I did not expect that Steel would be really involved in the receiving game at all. He is a bruising, vertical runner, just a battery ram, and if there's a rushing touchdown to be had, which is not always the case with the Chiefs, He's probably going to be the guy to get it. The Chargers haven't allowed a rushing touchdown yet, but they've also played three to totally anemic rushing attacks. They're giving him four and a half yards per carry, middle of the pack. It's an opportunity for a C grade on Carson Steele. Kareem Hunt's going to be active in this game, and I think he eats directly into samaj pe Rand's role because they're very similar. They're pass catching backs, third down backs. I don't think you can start either one here. P Rand looked got enough use that you could cobble together a start from him last week, but Hunt, I think daggers him here and they're both on the bench. Patrick Mahomes just the C grade I've only got you. I can only get you that far. We already talked about him extensively in this show, so I'm not going to spend a lot more time on it here. But as again Derwin James out, there's gonna be some opportunities for Mahomes, but I don't love him here in this matchup. Let's go to the Charger side. JK. Dobbins with a tough matchup. He's been great seven and a half yards per Carrie. What are we talking about for JK. Dobbins? But this is a tough matchup because a good Kansas City run defense that ranks fifth best in run defense sixs rate, no opposing runner has topped forty six yards against the Chiefs. They've allowed the fourth fewest rushing yards. So I can only get you to a B grade on JK. Dobbins, who's been honestly the Cinderella story at the running back position so far this year. And then for the Chargers the entire passing games on the bench justin Herbert hopes to play through his ankle injury, but there's warning signs everywhere. Volume a big problem. Chargers ranked thirty first in pass passing plays. Herbert's three games have been painfully low on volume and yards. Here's air Bear's average game. Fourteen completions for one hundred and thirty three yards. That's it. Kansas City's a good pass defense, and no opposition wide receiver has topped even sixty seven yards. Elite cornerback Trent McDuffie probably locks up Quinton Johnston because he looks like the best of the receivers so far, and that's a death sentence for Quint Johnson. And who's going to lose that battle? Nine times out of ten, I would not chase Johnson's recent success in a much tougher matchup. All right, final matchup of this segment. We go to a Monday night game, one of our two Monday night games. If we've got two Monday night games, is it Monday Night feetball?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, let's never do that again. Tennessee takes on the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 2: Matt will Levis is startable in a thirty two team league with a mandatory quarterback starter, but he's not startable in most other leagues. He's thrown six touchdown passes this year, two of them went to the other team. He has eight turnovers through three games, and Mason Rudolph could be looming. If that keeps up. Miami much easier to run against than pass. If you like playing with fire, maybe start Calvin Ridley and DeAndre Hopkins. On one hand, one of them will end up with seventy of yards in a score in all likelihood. It's happened to both of them once in the last two weeks. But what happened to the other one? In both cases they had one for nine yards. Wow, So you're playing with fire. Ridley had the stinker last week. He figures to line up with Jalen Ramsey most often this week. The best wide receiver matchup, by the way, is Tyler Boyd in the slot against Cater Koho. But I wouldn't start any piece of this passing game at all. Tony Pollard was might take a chance on me runner. Ty J. Spears is a real live person, but he's on the bench. He's getting two to six touches per game and that's not enough. On the Dolphins side, who is the quarterback? Skyler dealing with a rib injury that knocked him out of last week's game, Tim Boyle came in and completed about half of his throws. Then there's Tyler Huntley, who they signed off the Ravens practice squad a week ago. Huntley is the most intriguing if you have to start a Dolphins quarterback because he can run a little just because of the rushing upside, but he SAPs the value I think of everyone else at this moment, I can't advise starting any of these guys, which also means you are benching Tyreek Hill and Jalen Waddle.
Speaker 1: I'm with the Waddle. All I need Hill to do is catch a bubble screen, break a tackle, and run. I feel like I'm keeping Hill in my lineups. But I'm with you on Waddle.
Speaker 2: The problem is he managed only three catches for forty yards last week, and that was with Skuyler and Boyle in a passing game script where they lost by three touchdowns Like that would be where you get the bubble screen to Tyreek Hill. It didn't work. Plus, the Titans pass defense is good.
Speaker 1: Well that was also well, well, that is true. The Titans defense is sneaky gut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have yet to allow a wide receiver to top seventy yards, and not one wide receiver has scored against them through three games. Devon Ahchan, he still gets a B grade. Though Raheem Mostert still limited. They'll probably hold him out for another week, which should mean Belkow status for eight Chan. Again, the Titans have been beaten by running backs through the air, an area where a Chan excels. Three different backs have scored passing touchdowns in the last two weeks. Breise Hall, who I think we give a similar pedigree to in the passing game, he had seven catches for fifty two yards, and eight Chan's already had seven catches in a game twice this year, so I like him with a B grade.
Speaker 1: Here, let's take a break. When we come back premature speculation, we'll jump in the Fantasy Football Weekly time machine and give you some players you want to pick up this week that everybody else is going to be trying to pick up next week, but they're already on your roster. Find out who they are, and we'll also break down the other Monday night games Seahawks versus Lions. When we come back for the final segment of Fantasy Football Week. Final segment of Fantasy Football Weekly, A reminder paid contest now available at Guillotine leagues dot com. If you've been waiting to play in a contest with now is your chance. Guillotine Leagues forming virtually every single day of the week. Still fifteen weeks of hot choppingaction at Guillotine at leagues dot com. And also secondarily reminder of all the amazing tools at fantasylife dot com. Lots of content, written stories and stuff available for free and premium, but also just the deep deep tool set, player projections, rankings, start sit tools, airyards, snap counts, route runs, all of Thorne Eistrom's Elite College betting action also available to Life dot com. You work your ass off, my man, Thank you, and listeners, you get a twenty percent off discount with the promo code FFW twenty. This brings your cost under three dollars per month per year. It's time for the Fantasy Football Weekly Time Machine Premature speculation Matt Harrison who said people pick up this week that will also going to be trying to pick up next week.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be Jameis Winston. Oh because the current QB Browns hasn't hit the two hundred yard mark in any game this season and only has three passing touchdowns in the first three weeks. The Browns, by the way, haven't topped eighteen points in a game yet. There's also a few legal things that have come up in the past couple of weeks against him. Compare this bad start for Cleveland to the backup quarterback of the Browns last year, Joe Flacco, who started six games, had multiple touchdowns in five of six and passed for over three hundred yards in five of six, Kevin Stefanski. He's a good offensive coach. You can get a lot out of the quarterback position. Watson just doesn't care anymore, and Winston will be up maybe this week, maybe next week.
Speaker 1: Thorn Eistrom, your premature speculation player, is the wide receiver one for his NFL team, Tomio Pop the douglast Okay love Pop.
Speaker 3: There's also flashing knee signs here that Pop will have some level of sustained production going forward, even if the Patriots quarterback play doesn't improve.
Speaker 1: A whole lot.
Speaker 3: Last week, Pop had nine targets, he cut seven of them sixty nine yards against the Jets. Seventy percent routes here and forty five percent first read share in that game, by far the highest of any Patriots wide receiver that week. He finished wide receiver twenty six in fantasy. Douglas has as many receptions as the next two highest Patriots receivers combine, and nearly triple as many yards as the next highest Patriots wide receiver. Ceiling, of course, is cap by the offensive feeble passing attack, et cetera. But the Patriots need to generate efficiency on offense, and the only way that they could do that outside of try to force the ball to Henry, is for Pop Douglas to be a primary conduit in that this might be your last shot to get Douglas for free. The forty nine ers have allowed the most yards to slot wide receivers this season, and again, the only other guy they throw to is Hunter Henry, but in part because of large part because of Fred Warner, the forty nine ers of race opposing tight ends. So the only the guy the Patriots throw to is Pop Douglas, and I don't think they're gonna be throwing to Henry in this game.
Speaker 1: I gave him a bench grade, but it was only only because against the Jets, you don't want to throw against these outside corners that they've got, you know, Reed and Sauce Gardner. So that's why I figured they went to the slot a lot. But Pop's the best and most reliable of the guys they have. I just wish they didn't have three slot receivers. kJ Osborne involved sometimes, but Pop's the best, is the best and most reliable of the group for sure, Matt. We could have gone with Joe Flacco, by the way, as my premature speculation, because Joe Flacco could end up in could end up in this game at some point.
Speaker 2: I don't think that there's a chance that the Colts are gonna bail on Richardson after what his you know, his fifth.
Speaker 1: That would be a tough game in his career, well seven, He's had seven starts, five full games. You know, here's the scenario, is he's playing the best defense in the league. Yeah, he throws a couple of early picks, and you just go, you know what, We're gonna let you. We're gonna let you sit for a little bit. We're gonna let you learn from a seasoned veteran. You're gonna watch how Joe flack go puts together a game plan. Blah blah blah blah blah. There's a scenario where they just feel like the best thing for Anthony Richardson is to learn from the bench. We call that the Bryce Young the Bryce Young treatment could be coming his way. And Shane Steichen is on the hot seat. His team's one and two. They squeaked out that one win last week. Yep, there's a scenario where Shane Steiken's like, I'm not going down with the ship on Anthony Richardson completing forty nine percent of his passes because we're gonna lose too many games. So that's one scenario. The other guy, though the guy planned to talk about Roshawn Johnson, I already talked about him in this game, DeAndre Swifts. We're starting running back in the NFL. Roshan I think his next man up. Let's go to our matchups store Seattle Seahawks taking on the Detroit Lions. Nobody talking about the three and oh Seattle Seahawks. Enough right, Yeah, let's start with the running game. We don't yet know it's a Monday night, or we don't yet know if Kenneth Walker's gonna go in this one, which makes it a little bit thorny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's been out with that oblique injury that he suffered in Week one. He's being officially listed as questionable, and while Walker did return to practice on Thursday, was as a limited participant, same thing on Friday.
Speaker 1: Not terribly promising.
Speaker 3: If he goes, I would give him Asy and Charbonne a see if if Walker does not go, Charboney gets a B in this one. On volume alone, last two games, Charbonney is averaged ninety percent of the offensive snaps taken by Seattle and average twenty touches in eighty eight total yards per game. He ranked RB six and Fantasy points per game during that stretcher. He gets that volume bu Gino Smith can to give him a B as well. Quarterback thirteen in Fantasy right now. Recent success in this scenario, you guys recall last September, the Seahawks had that wild thirty seven to thirty one overtime win in Detroit, and you beat this Lion's defense through the air, of course, so Seattle's game script is going to call for plenty of passes on that fast track.
Speaker 1: He gets a B.
Speaker 3: Dk Metcalf is the obvious start at an A and is on pace for his best career season seventeen two sixty two two line through three games so far.
Speaker 1: I love Ryan Grubb, Yes all, it's a coordinator and the Bears gonuper I'm guessing their decision to pick up Shane Walla super sharp.
Speaker 3: But maybe you should have been the Washington Huskies choice to be their next head coach. But yeah, and said, Seattle gets to profit off that. Tyler Lockett, I'm gonna give him a seat. He had the great game last week, of course, but my supposition is that Jackson Smith and Jigba returns to the clear wide receiver two in the passing attack this week. That's why Smith and Jigbos might take a chance on me guy. This is a decent matchup though, of course for all the receivers there. Detroit has allowed the ninth most PPR points to boundary wide receivers. Of course, Detroit secondary starting three new guys there. That's something that you can exploit no offense. You got to keep him on the bench. Even though he had six catches for sixty receiving yards last week, hasn't done much outside of that. Was also a limited participant in practice on Friday with a toe injury, keep him on your bench unless you're desperate, and he's ultimately active. Flipping over to the Lions side, Jared Goff gets to see slow start for him this season, only quarterback twenty four right now in fantasy. There's some pessimism surrounding that Detroit offense right now. Sportsbooks have adjusted the totals down this game totals only in the mid forties.
Speaker 1: We've been seeing in the mid fifties and touch like that.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 3: The Seahawks also have a nasty pass defense. They've allowed the second lowest epa per drop back in the NFL. Goff, if I have better options, I would keep them on the bench, but I'm gonna give them a seat because there's very few viable options out there in the NFL right now. David Montgomery also gets to see he's OURB ten and fantasy points per game, averaging almost twenty touches ninety five total yards per game. You have to play them on volume, but Seattle's run defense has gotten a lot better over the offseason into this year, fourth highest stuff rate in the NFL, and the underlying metrics suggests that Motgomery has lost maybe half a step, maybe a quarter step not quite as good as in years past. Jamior Gibbs is the must dark guy there gets the a only one less touch inside the five yard line this season than Montgomery had to point that out, and Gibbs has also surpassed one hundred scrimmage yards in consecutive games. Amon ra Saint Brown, of course another A and must start. Jamison Williams is gonna give him a seed coming off a down game, and this is not a good matchup against that fearsome Seahawks pass defense. Seattle's giving up the second few is wide receiver points in Fantasy last one. Sam Laporta, he is, of course a must start, and he's an A left last week's game with the low ankle springs. I just wanted to give a brief update on that return to practice as a full participant on Friday.
Speaker 1: Great signs, we have great sign.
Speaker 3: Likely indication that he's playing, and this is a good matchup Seattle. That cornerbacks are great, and they're great, you know, at mitigating the wide receivers, but they struggle against opposing tight ends. The aforementioned Hunter Henry remember his eight catch, hundred nine yard explosion in Week two that came against the Seahawks.
Speaker 1: Hmm, I like that angle Laporta is killing fantasy owners. We need a big game here, Yes, I hope you're right with that A grade. The Sunday night football game is Buffalo at Baltimore. Great game shaping up Josh Allen obvious A grade in an MVP caliber season. Let's talk about some of his receivers, including Khalil Shakir. Loved him in the preseason. Touchdowns in two of three games. Currently Pro Football Focus is twelfth highest graded receiver. Khalil Shakier has been targeted fourteen times, fourteen catches. Baby, oh love it. This is the year at Boise State. Well am I missing? Well? Well, the team itself has been doing great. Oh yeah, there we go. He's fifth in yards after the catch. He he's gonna match up in the slot. They actually use a lot of different defenders in the slot. Use Marlin humph for the use Kyle Hamilton, but both those guys are struggling unusually. Kyle Hamilton's great, but he's allowing an eighty seven percent catch rate and an a post passer rating of one hundred and twenty four. So game on for Khalil Shakir with a B grade. Keon Coleman scored a touchdown last week, but note that was his only target of the game, and he goosegged you the week before that. He has seen declining routes run in every game, down to just eleven routes last week. Khalil, Sorry, Keon Coleman on the bench. Curtis Samuel disaster here, only averaging a couple of catches per game and his average target three yards downfield. Yeah, you can't get anything done on that. Matt Collins actually more startable than Samuel or Coleman, but he doesn't not get his starting grade here either. You know who does and is sitting out a big game. Dalton Kincaid, Yes, I think this is a big ee comment. Ravens allowed the second most tight end receptions twenty three already, that's seven and a half per game, and the Ravens allowed the second most tight end yards ninety three per game. Love this, yes, And it's not like the Ravens have played Rob Gronkowski and Tony Gonzalez in their prime. The tight ends against them have been Jake Ferguson, Brock Bauers, Noah Gray, and they're still giving up all this. I got an A grade on Dalton came fully healthy after getting nicked up in the week one and that was affected him in Week two as well. James Cook is tricky. Four touchdowns the past two weeks, and that's a great sign for a player who hadn't been seeing the end zone regularly throughout his career until now. But this is a very difficult matchup against a Ravens team allowing the fewest rushing yards per carry just two eight and they rank sixth best ten yards after contact. No opposing runner his top forty five yards against the Ravens now In fairness, the only good runner they've seen was Isaiah Pacheco in the opener, but he only got three yards per Kerry two. I think there's a very good run defense C grade on James Cook. All right, let's flip it over to Baltimore. Lamar Jackson gets an A grade now. Buffalo Steymied has stemied all the quarterbacks they faced through the air, and there's a really good pass defense Kyler Murray Tua before they knocked two out of the game. And then there was Trevor Lawrence and they shut him down. He ultimately had to get left the game just because it was out of hand, but Kyler did run for fifty seven yards, and Jackson remains an A grade even if gets a very good secondary. Dereck Henry is an obvious A grade most weeks, including this one, although this is a good Bills run defense but not elite, and Henry gets a full head of steam going in this one. Zay Jones just a C grade. The path of least resistance is on the ground, and I think we're gonna see a lot of Dereck Henry here and Zay Jones has to go up against Rasul Douglas and kri Benford. Those cornerbacks are great. They haven't allowed a touchdown and they're giving up less than a fifty percent reception rate. And as we talked earlier in the show, these Baltimore tight ends are on the bench until we get more clarity and more use out of these guys. They're seeing declining use. And only John hus Smith in garbage time and a garbage time of a blowout game his top thirty yards against Buffalo. There you go. We snuck it off games. We get bye weeks next week, good games we get, Yeah, we get some bye weeks. We'll get to talk about fewer games for a little bit longer.
Speaker 2: We get a London game next week, London, and get what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Colin McCartney's coming, Ackney making his return next week. You'll want to stay tuned for that. Fantasy Football Weekly continues next week. Thanks everybody. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.