Speaker 1: You don't want to ask your question real good, let's just keep it real straight shye with no chasing, I'm gonna get a little bit roughturer.
Speaker 2: I'm here for it. Those who really believed in the American process, all of us. Street Shot No Chaser with your Girl Tests and figure Out on the Black Effect Podcast Network Network. Guys, it's your Girl test on figure Out, Street Shot No Chaser on the Black Effect Podcast Network. Shout out to the Black and Effect Family podcast family. Five years in the game. I think I should do maybe some kind of event or something. Maybe we should do something to celebrate, uh this year at the end of the year on just celebrating five years and you know, I'm so excited about law school. Guys, thank you for the journey. So we are here again, uh with my Marcellus. He's my Marcellus. I can tease him, y'all can't, but just love having him join me on the show. I love his spirit and just you know, being here as we continue to try to sort through this crazy season that we're in. And guys, please ask somebody to uh I be you know, I'll be looking at everybody say they got a million down lows. Laura la Rosa got a million down lows. It takes me a year to get to my million, but she got hers right away. And ain't nobody man shout out to Lauren covering pop culture. You guys just flock to that stuff. We're just you know, in the business of we do the stuff that it's not as popular, you know, and but I love the work that we do. It's sustainable, it's over time. It is a niche. I'm not switching up. One minute, I'm talking about politics, next minute, I'm talking about who daya do you know, all that kind of stuff. A lot of people in the YouTube space and I'm not talking about Lauren. I'm just saying in the YouTube space they have to constantly, you know, keep up with drama in order to keep the views and all that. And that's what I love. Marcella's about the podcast space because the way black Efake is set up. Although we want people to subscribe, follow and all of that, but we are as far as our advertiser is concerned, they look at us as a whole, you know, as a unit, you know, as a group together, So it doesn't I don't have to feel I have to be sensational you know every week, you know, to get people to click. And I really appreciate that because it really just allows me to do whatever I want to do on this podcast. Say whatever I want to say, have a long I want to say it, I want to go. If I want to do five podcasts a day, I can. I can talk about whatever I want to talk about. It is just really really a huge blessing and I will as long as they will have me, this will always be a tool that I will use because again, guys, it is an actual podcast on iHeart with a contract with our Heart, which is the largest audio platform in the world. And I've used this platform for so many different things, Marcella's my One of my favorite things that I've done with this platform is when I did the ten I don't know remember that, but I did a series ten podcast series that went to the prisons and I partnered with the George Floyd Foundation and I did ten episodes training episodes. Uh that What that actually went to is, I don't they're not iPads, but they're similar to that in the prison, you know, they can download and listen stuff. And partner with a company that did that, and that was my favorite thing.
Speaker 1: To do.
Speaker 2: I did an episode on Spud who was talking about, you know, how he wrote a book in prison, how he trans you know, when he got out of prison, what that was like. I had a psychiatrist on, you know, talking about mental health. I had a correctional officer that I visit that that I interviewed. Yeah, this is really good. That talked about, you know, what you need to do to not crash out, basically, you know when you come home. I had a spiritual advisor talk about it. I had another guy, Lewis who served ten years and talked about his transition. That was my favorite thing to do because, as y'all see, I loved training. I love training, so I'm always wanting to train. And I hope that as you listen to my podcast, although I'm talking about the news, I'm always doing it from a training lens of telling you what not to do, how to do, and how to apply to your everyday life and if you aspire to do the work that I do. So I'm excited about that. I'm excited about having this opportunity of black and fair. With that said, just a quick announcement, but I gotta say every week, make sure you're enrolling the training June fourteenth. If you miss the June fourteenth class, it is not over. Go back and still enroll in course one. You'll have about three weeks to watch Course one before we go into course two. I do want to give people time to go back and watch it because I want to recruit some new folks. But then after that, Marcella said, y'all better just get ready because we move it on wings, keep breaking it up waiting, don't you. We're gonna do it every couple of weeks. I do start law school August fifth, Yes, thank you, So I can anticipate a whole lot of information being thrown at me fast. But I do want to at the very least try to push to have uh, well, I know, course three done by August, because if we give about three weeks for Course one June fourteenth, do that second one, you know, in the middle of July, we can do that third one at the end of July and at least have that done, and then we're four and five knocked out, you know, in August. So that way I have the five done as I really get, you know, heavy into my first semester of law school, which is a challenge a lot of reading, and then at least, you know, we have that going and then I can start doing the breakoff stuff where it's just you know, one hour webinar, you know, and get that done. So we're gonna get through those five courses at the like I said, very least it'll be the end of August, we'll be done with all five.
Speaker 3: Did you have a question, Yeah, I'm gonna ask you, so what was your your your moment when you knew you wanted to start, you know, your own training.
Speaker 2: Well, I've always had my own training. So even when I I've always been a trainer, I've always I'm in a supervisor's role in a I've been a trainers in the second grade, fifth grade. I'm always trying to teach and learn. And I'm a natural teacher. I'm a leader. I'm a you know, uh, preachers are teachers. So when I say I'm a bootleg preacher, I'm always teaching. It's not about me realizing it. It's just, you know, truly who I am. It is where I am the most rewarded. But to answer your question on when I recognize the gift, because there's a big difference. It's not about what I want to do. You know, talk about that all the time. It's not about what I want to do. It's about what I've been called to do. And I would say the moment that I recognized that I could consume information and translated were people could understand it. That was at University of North Texas, and I remember very well. It was in a human resources class, and it was the first time I was an older student to me, older twenty two to twenty three to me, you know, I was married, and I still when you compare, you know, everybody else is eighteen nineteen. I still was an older student. Looking back at it now, I was a baby, but I thought I was. I called myself an older student because it was non traditional. You know, I didn't go I was married and you know, working and going to school. And I was so excited about class Marcella's because I didn't get a chance like Jada to just go straight to college like that. You know. I went to the military and then I just wanted to you know, pay my own bills and I'll just take three hours here or there the community college. And it took cover a decade plus to finish. So guys push your kids to just go ahead and go and get it out the way. If they say, oh, I'll defer a year, and no, if they defer that year, more than likely they may not ever finish, or to take them twenty year, they'll be regretting it. Just push them. I don't care what they say. Make their choice. My damn that you going. I was by having a conversation with my girlfriend Ebony because we were watching that series Forever, which I love, and you know, she's saying, well, yeah, I can see you know if Liberty, because she has a brand new baby, you know, if she wants to take off a year, we'll look out, said Abdey. I'm telling you from experience because Abonue went straight through, so she was pushed to go straight through. So she's thinking, oh, you know, be liberal. I say, you gonna see it differently when she get older. But I can tell you from experience that take off a year and turns into fifteen. It can absolutely turn into fifteen. Get it done out the way, knock out the four years. Then after that take off time or whatever, you're gonna explore. But you're gonna be exploring with that college degree. See Okay, Okay here.
Speaker 3: Look see I'm still I don't know. I'm still man my mom for that cause when I graduated, she had the same mind, said as you, Oh, no, no, no, you going to college right now. And I was like, no, I don't want to go to college right now. I just got done with high school. I'm tired, I want I need a break. And she was like, okay, so you're gonna You're gonna go to school in January, and I felt I felt like I ain't had no choice because I was in the house. I had to do what she what she wanted me to do. But I didn't really want to go to college, but she wanted me to go to college. And to this day, I still don't like that.
Speaker 2: That she pushed for what so? What it was pushed on for your betterment? So for what so? If you wouldn't have did it, what was the option? What was the other option? Whatever it is you wanted to do after that, you could do that now, So what the hell are you talking about? Because I'm feeling I'm like, yeah, no, we're gonna push you to be better. I'm gonna push you to be better. So what was it?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: I just don't like this, So what not come home? Welcome home? Is you wanted to do? After that? Get to what you can do it? Right now? Are you doing what you want to.
Speaker 1: Do right now?
Speaker 2: What was the alternative? If you just don't like it because she told you to do something which you want Marcellas, because the people wait.
Speaker 3: No, like she, I just feel like she never asked, well what do you want to do?
Speaker 2: It was like, okay, so I'm mad. So whatever you want to do, why you ain't doing it now? Well, I feel like I've been called to do what I'm doing now. Sorry, so what but it'll get to where you Where are you at now? It still happened, didn't it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So then what the hell are you talking about? Your asked need everything every box possible. See, guys, this is here we go again with this for Marcella's. Let me go back to answer the question when you said, when I realized when I was in the class and I was so excited about school because I knew that I should have just went straightforward. I didn't have any kids, nothing w stopped me. I just wanted to, you know, pay my own bills, like Marcella's. I want to pay my own bills and I went to the military and all that. So I was just elated to actually have the opportunity to sit in the seat. See people like Marcella's that had opportunity, they don't know like to not have the opportunity. So he just I don't feel like it. You know, she was in fight it to be like, man, I can actually sit in a class in the middle of the day because I was married, so I had support at that point. You know, I wasn't able to do it the other way. I wish some mother had pushed me in that way, because she definitely her mama pushed her. You know when she went to O State. She didn't push me like that. She said, Okay, that's what you want to do. That's fine, And I wish the same way. You go back and wish I wish you would have done it. I wish mine would have did that when I go back, because it took me twenty some years to finish the hard way. I would have been much further ahead, much more I could have done in my business if at least I would have had the academic out the way, you know, if that part would have been checked off the lists, I could have spent more time on other things trying to balance that and have a baby, be married, this and that all life responsibility. Get the Batchelor's degree and knock it on out the way, and then go on and struggle nowhereas you have plenty time to struggle because you're struggling now. So it wasn't gonna be no different. Oh yeah, I really wanted to be an acroback dancer. If you want to do be acroback dancer in the circus or whatever you thought you wanted to do, you can do it. After car let's get this checkbox done. But to answer your question, when people would wait for me after class, like a line Marcella's of people saying can you explain to her? Once it started getting around and I could explain to people, it would literally be a line and I'll be like, which I went on because we needed you to explaining, to explain to it, and I'll be okay, da da, like okay, you know I do now, I said, Okay, it's kind of like da da da da Okay. I got it. Because we were trying to learn for a shared human resources and it was a lot of complex information. And that's when I learned like, oh, I'm kind of smart because I wasn't the nerd in school, you know, or the one all in the book.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I did enough to get by, you know, be a cheer leader, to keep my two point or whatever. But I wasn't excited about knowledge. When I went back as a as a returning student and grasp it, you know, was I could grasp the information, and then when I was able to teach it to others, I was like, oh, yeah, this feels good because I'm actually you know, teaching and training. So that's what I knew I had that gift. I've always been a leader leadership, you know, leading people. That's a part of teaching as well. It's not just teaching, but it's also by leading. And so when you rock with me is because I'm empowering you through my leadership to want to be better. And what you didn't like about what your mom did that wasn't empowering to you was like telling you you need to do it. It wasn't like, well, let's sit down and let's see. But you did not know enough. Marcellis you them? And I'm glad Jada is just excited about school that we didn't have to go down that road because the bottom line is every checkbox that black people have to check you need. There is no if ands and butts about it. You need the checkbox. You got a degree, yep, you got a skill, yep. Can you show up, you got trantation, yep. There is not a box that you can afford to unchecked. Literally, there's just not a box you can afford to not have because everything in the system is designed to put you out the system. Everything. Oh we was just gonna give it to you, but you didn't have a degree. Oh we were just gonna give it to you, but you didn't have transportation. Oh we were just gonna give it to you, but you got a kid. Oh we're just gonna give it to you, but you got a background. Oh We've just gonna give it to you, but you don't live close. Everything is designed to put you out the system. So we cannot afford, which is why black men's data is the way that it is. You can't afford to get a felony, to get a misdemeanor, to to do this, to do that, to not have an education and not have a skill, to not it's too many down knots would set you up for failure. What you mean she didn't ask what I want to me? That's just the most important. That's like me saying why mom didn't ask me? Ibo, I didn't want to put my hand and in the electric socket and you just to this day. I don't like it. We'll get over it. I'm here. I'm here to tell you to get over it, because even with a degree, we're still struggling. You're still struggling. So what you think would have been like without it any better? So we can't do nothing but help you if it's gonna do anything, can't do nothing but to help you, even if it's not helping you. Now, it's a better chance to help you than hurt you. That's for damn sure. We know it to help you before it to hurt you. So what is the hurt? And you accomplishing something? We waiting on you myself. I don't feel I just I don't know. I just I just feel like I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe just I just feel like she didn't she never knew like what I actually wanted to do. It was just she just told me what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: So I just I don't know, well, just what you got you right now, you can still do what you y ain't nobody stopping you. They didn't take no time away from you and didn't know whatever. I Yes, we can do better about saying hey, you know what, are you interested in having conversations? But I ain't got time to play with your life? And I'm being serious, like I'm not joking. This is about your life, you know what I mean. Some of this ain't gonna be no on the job training. Like I told Jada, some of this ain't gonna be no. Well, you know she got to learn on our own. You know what I mean. Some of this is gonna be you. Yeah, I'm telling your ass And you can just look back when you get old and say, thank you Mama for praying for me, thank you for looking out for me, thank you for knowing what I didn't know, thank you for still pushing and even though my rebellion wanted to go another way. And then Marcella's you can thank God for being an obedient child to your mother's so the Lord can bless you. That's why I bless you. You be obedient, even if you don't like it, Be obedient because a child that is not obedient. Days will be long and hard, much longer, harder than they are now. She didn't want you having to deal with you've mentioned other people in your family. I'm not going to throw their names out there, but you mentioned some people in their family with them records and all that shit. Can't get a place to stay, can't get to that. She wanted you to not have to go down that path. So the nerve of you to sit on the phone with me that McDonald don't want me what you didn't like, Let me correct it for your mama. Who gives a damn what you like. I don't want I don't want to like seeing you in no casket. I don't want to see you homeless. I don't want to see you not have you a black man in America? What how many options do you think you that you can afford to turn down? Were waiting on you, Marcella. Don't be sitting up staring at the thing. I want how many options you think you got you can afford to turn down? As you compete with these white men who are born with money, who are born with power, who are born with the skin, who are borned with all that, and they going to get all of that, and y'all sitting around and talking about what y'all don't want. Seventy percent of people black people on the road in college are women. That's crazy. That's why we behind, like literally behind. And people's argument, well, you can't do nothing with it, Well you damn show it. Damn show ain't gonna hurt you. And whatever it is you want to do, you can do it with a degree. You want to be a content creator, be a content creator with a degree. You want to be a DJ, Be a DJ with a degree, be whatever it is. That's such thing as being two things. Marcella's you know that you can be two things. Q asked me the other day, you know what, why go to law school? I've had this question a couple of times. You know, I already see you on those spaces. You've already accomplished so much, right See, the goal is to continue to accomplish. The goal is it ain't good enough to just be the advisor with being crumped because I could just flex on that. No, I want my esteemed colleague, why not have the paperwork like he got the paperwork. I don't want to sit around and say, like the episode. We said, well, don't matter, I do as much work as him. No, no, no, I want the paperwork. You can't just be satisfied with just being the pair of legal. If you know you good enough to be the attorney. Now, if you just want to be the pair of legal, ain't nothing wrong with that, guys, you know, nothing wrong with hey. Right now, radio is an A MIC and a B MIC. You on the B MIC. A lot of people go to school to be B Mike, you know, go through a lot of shit to be Miike. You want to B mic because I just rock with you. So you are a favorite to be able to just jump up on a national show. Everybody don't don't get those opportunities. Marcella's So things that are for you are going to be, you know, for you. But at the end of the day, you want to have that and then some That's what's wrong right now when the tariffs are coming, Because the tariffs are coming and all these people that's getting laid off and do for self, and all I gotta do is go on YouTube, and all I gotta do is this or that. Well, some of y'all gonna need some skill sets besides just that going to do some accounting, some ap some aar, some data entry, and they're gonna continue to keep making it harder to get menial jobs. Marcella's they gonna keep making it hard, making it harder and harder. That's the goal, to put us out the game. This is not about we are not in the era of what you want to do. We are in the era what you must do. Like you said up the hill walking up there, we in an era you must have it. And this is why, guys, I'm reducing a lot of time that y'all see on TV every down and then pop up and do it. But I close out the show with this. Last week was my last on camera role with Revot. I am still the managing editor for those of y'all who don't know, the managing editor for Revote News the posts you see every day and editing knows and curating those stories and still the cheap little correspondent. We will do some one off shows every now and then, you know, as I re locate to Orlando, we'll do shows that make sense. But it is strictly you know, behind the scenes. For those who don't know, guys, I did relocate to Atlanta I got a spot in Atlanta. I'm here now. But it was a lot, you know, going back and forth and back and forth. I'm starting law school. I don't have to come. I was gonna prepare to do it, you know, fly in every week and finish the show. But we were able to, you know, make it make sense. My goal really was just to you know, the first six months of the Trump administration, you know, to be there to give some commentary, to lay some good things out. We're able to do that. I've done several series will Revote, guys. I'll do like ten episodes with tens on ten and then we did ten or twelve with the election. I did about ten episodes with some voting stuff in twenty twenty. So I've always worked with them in you know, little series, not ongoing year round five years straight. You know, it just doesn't work like that. So this was a great, a great little six month series. We shut that down. My goodbye speech last week on Revote. But I'm not gonna lie to you, Marcella's I really just want to I love behind the scenes. I love what I do with the company. They value me beautiful roles. It's always been very good to me, I love the behind the scenes and really just the podcast, to be honest with you, because all my attention has to focus on training and getting people the information that they need. I do not like the Instagram YouTube, you know, trying to keep up with views and influencers and everybody's a host. And that's why I don't do my YouTube page like I should. I should, but I'm just gonna be honest with you guys. There's no entry level, like no entry point. Anybody can just go on live. Y'all got too many shows for me, Like, it's just too many shows. Too many the Marcella's Road Shoulder, this show that everybody, you know what I'm saying. Everybody got a show, and I'm not mad at it. It's just it's too much. There's no distinction between anything. You don't know who the expert is and who is not, and you know, I just I just don't like it. I also don't like confusion of people actually thinking, like a debate that I had with somebody last week of my platform beginning, I got more viewers in you girl, I don can pete with viewers, you know, so like I don't that don't work for me. Let's just go ahead and focus on the law school. Make sure the law firm is built up. Let's make sure the train is built up, and let's rock with this podcast and pop in every down in a Revolt and pop in every down there with Fox News, and that's it. Marcella's like, I just want to train people. I don't. I don't need the masses two three four million. You know, that's great and fun to do, but that's really not my goal. Give me three four or five hundred people that I can turn into a Christy Williams, that I can turn into a Marcella's. But I can turn That's where I find my greatest joy. That's where I find my greatest joy. Guys, it really is building you. Of course, I have to post on Instagram, and I got to, you know, got to have some social capital, no doubt. But I have never you know, chased the algorithm. Charlemagne said, don't chase the algorithm. Be the algorithm, and what he means by that is be authentic to yourself. I don't want to chase the algorithm. I on this podcast, I don't have to talk about every solacious thing going on, you know, in order to keep this contract. I can just talk about like what's really important and finding a niche of folks that rock with me on that that is the key. It's also the key to train of politics. Guys. If you look at somebody's race and you look at a commissioner, they don't get all six hundred thousand people to the post. They get twelve hundred and fifteen hundred their best right, and when they serve those twelve fifteen hundred their best, they will keep electing them over and over and over because you're not gonna satisfy six hundred thousand people, they're not even engaged. Find your niche, find your people, rock with your people, rock with your tribe. And that's it. And again it's not shitting on anybody on YouTube because many people have done it where they got a tribe of people. You know it's gonna every time. If you look at Funky don Neva, every time every day he go live every day at seven o'clock, he put in the hours, so every day he doing two hours a day. Soon as he go on, ten thousand people watching next day thirty forty thousand views. You know, they watch the replay. It's like clockwork. It's like clockwork. But he did it over fourteen years. Yeah he had to build it. Yeah, he had to build it. I don't want to build on YouTube and that way. And it pays very well, by the way, when you build it like that. Yes it does, It really really does. But everything is not about pay to me, right, I'd rather focus on law school and go teach you at the university. I don't want to be with views. And I'm telling you, God, this stuff is getting saturated and it's just getting ridiculous, and YouTube is gonna start You're gonna start seeing it in your pocket. You're gonna start seeing people getting stupider and stupid and stupider because everybody's just you know, oh, I'll just go do that. People leave it to a man. Just keep main content, keep main content. People just scrolling all day, just scrolling, scroll and scrolling. It's almost like zombies, like you know what I mean. It's just it's real scary if you think about it, Like when people just sit up all day and just consume videos and skits and skits and skit and everybody, Let me do a skit, Let me do a skit, Let me do a skit. Let me just skit, you know, and just getting stupider and stupider, and women getting more and more provocative, you know, more and more. What can I do? What's the stupidest thing I can do? What's the funniest thing that I can do? And they're putting there all into that and not putting time into an actual skill set, you know, being a barber or a carpenter or whatever. Put that time into that. You know, I'll redirect you and Jade all the time. Stop worrying about revolting, wearing about all of that. Worry about this training. Build this training up. That's where you're gonna get your extra income. That's where you're gonna get the job. That's what we actually can control. Stop trying to control likes and views and all of the hell no, no, that's not sustainable. What's sustainable is training people getting information. They know they're gonna get something. They can take that and they can move on. So, guys, check out the last episode at Revolte News. Thank you for rocking with me. Still follow the Revote news channel so I get space, we get room to kind of move that up because it's not expected to do like the main page. You know right, people watch you know, millions of people. So that's a cool, you know, cool little thing to do. I love it. They know, I keep them out of hot water with you know, all this stuff with Trump and word, you know, all that kind of stuff. So I love it. We got a great team over there. We got a workflow that works perfectly. We still just like Front page News, you know, we sort through forty fifty stories a day, you know, trying to pick a good four or five to go. The graphics, everything a beautiful chemistry. I'm excited about it. It's something that I can do, you know, manage while still going to loss. Oooh. But the camera stuff, guys, you know, the interviews, all of that. I just kind of like doing that every now and then, you know, every now and then pop up on Fox you just let you an't know why I can pop on in whatever I get ready. But other than that, no, we gonna really focus on this. Lock in with me, guys. I will get you to the next step. I promise you you lock in, I will get you to your next step. I will tell you something that will give you an aha moment to say, damn, nobody told me this. Yep. I assure you my rates are more than fair. I'm not trying to you know, over the top with it, trying to make it fair. Right now, we got a ten dollar coupon going on any course is very sight. I saw ten people took advantage of that. Put in let's go to coupon code. I'm trying to make it as affordable as possible. Some of my other media training though, will be you know, like a hundred dollars or so, because it's just higher level training for a niche group of people. But nothing you know, too crazy and too off the top, you know. I'd rather just be able to have volumes of people that I can just really connect with and really Now again people want one on one with me, you can. That's coaching available as well for two hundred an hour. That's very limited. I'm not even taking that with everybody because that can backfire in you as well, because people they get that Marcella and start pitching ideas and pitching this and pitching it, and that's not what that's for, you know, and people start thinking entitled and it just becomes a mess. So that's even gonna be limited on who I talk to one on one. But certainly getting the training, ask the questions of the community board. That's where you know I will be engaging with y'all. But I do have a subscription. I haven't been talking about that much. I'm gonna talk about it once we roll after training more. But there is a twenty five dollars month subscription now I think I put it at twenty a twenty dollar month description and what that is is I'm going to do a on the course dashboard Marcello's I will you know, people that got questions, I'll follow up there. But in the VIP I will do a after the class one on one. So if you got questions that you feel like get answered, or you need more, or you thought about something you had to that will be a zoom one on one, you know, just with you know, that's my office hours just with the VIP. VIP also get discounts on every course, special deals, merch and things like that. That's just for people to say, tells and I can rock with you twenty dollars a month just to keep y' all in business. So I did make that an option. I haven't been talking about it because people need the content first, you know, when they get the content then they can you know, kind of see the other benefits. So rock with Me, guys, I plan on really building out that division and really really very very excited about it. So we will talk to you next time. Guys. Thank you again for everything. Thank you for Rock with Me. Watch the remote news, share it. But make sure you stay connected to the podcast because podcasts ain't going nowhere. As long as they'll have me out there. I will be here with five years in strong. So appreciate you, guys, and we'll talk to you next time. Yes, if you like what you heard on straight Shop No Chaser, please subscribe and drop a five star review and tell a friend. Straight Shot No Chaser is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network in iHeartRadio on Teszlin figure Out, and I like to thank our producer editor mixer Dwayne Crawford and our executive producer Charlottagne da God. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.