Speaker 1: Welcome back to Good Mom's Bad Choices. I'm Erica and I'm Meela.
Speaker 2: Happy Wednesday, Happy meda fucking Wednesday.
Speaker 3: How you doing bo I'm doing good.
Speaker 2: I'm doing good. How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 4: I'm good. It's the last week of September. I'm ready to get the fuck out of September.
Speaker 2: I am except finally, oddly, the weather in la is changing, and I'm offended as fuck. It's like been gloomy for two days. I'm like, who the fuck do you think you are?
Speaker 1: I'm happy because it's been too goddamn hot. We live in the valley, y'all, and it's disrespectful when it comes to the heat. There was like a mini fire the other day. I was like, oh shit, here we go again every year, every year.
Speaker 4: But yeah, other than that, I feel good.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling like there's I mean, obviously the seasons are changing, but it's just me that I feel like when the seasons changed, something is always like conjuring up a shift, and the energy too. I feel like shits, pop it off. And we've been busy. Erica was blind yesterday. She's had a hard week.
Speaker 3: I was legally blind.
Speaker 2: She came in today. She's like, yeah, yesterday I was blind.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh real, I was. I got it.
Speaker 1: I woke up and I couldn't see shit. It was like blurry, and I was like, what the fuck is going on? And then I put I drops in and I was like, this will for sure work.
Speaker 3: Nope.
Speaker 1: Then I got in the car and I was like, bitch, I can't see. And then I had to looked it up on Google. Could barely see the Google and it said that you probably have dry eyes. So then I went to the store. I got the lubricant. That shit didn't work.
Speaker 4: I drove to my friend near Lynd shout out to Nearland's Bridal Shower.
Speaker 3: I barely got there, and then.
Speaker 4: I yeah, I just had to just submit to the fact that I couldn't see all day.
Speaker 1: My mom won't me to have dinner with her last night. I was like, Mom, I can't drive to you, like I need to go close my eyes. Erica's had a hard week, so my body's breaking down.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 2: I went to the whiz Kid concert over the weekend, and at first I told Erica, but then I was like, she's having a hard week. Let me just tell Ashley. I was like, you know, Ashley, she's having.
Speaker 4: A heart week.
Speaker 2: You should come to Like, I've been waiting all week for you to call me. She's like I called in the morning. She's like, I hope you're calling me to tell me we have tickets. I'm like, yes, i am. And we had a good time. Wiz Kid in concert with a live band.
Speaker 4: Bitch.
Speaker 2: First of all, all the blacks were at the fucking Wilturn in line. It was beautiful Africans and the African car black people.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my god, this is where.
Speaker 2: I belong at the wiz Kid concert. I saw all my friends there.
Speaker 3: I was even jealous. I was like, you know what, I knew you were. I was like, it was so Spotify. It was so much fun.
Speaker 4: I dance.
Speaker 2: We took a little little mushroom chocolate. Thanks Alana. That mushroom chocolate was hitting, so we gave me a little piece. Right when Essence came on and I shit hit. I was like, thank you God, thank you God, Oh my God. And then on the way there, you know, shout out to Cashley. She's always ordering the luxe the luxe lived.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was like, wow, this is so classy.
Speaker 2: Anyway, the driver was talking to us, and I don't know what are we talking about. We're talking about open relationships, and like, I just I want a main nigga who also lets me sometimes sleep with other people. What the fuck is so hard about that? He's like, well, me and my girl have been together for five years. It's the best relationship I've ever had, and we sleep with other people all the time.
Speaker 3: It's healthy competition.
Speaker 2: After she goes and sleeps with someone, I'm always like, yeah, let me bust it down so she knows who's daddy.
Speaker 3: I'm like, that's right. Blue.
Speaker 2: He's like, he's like, let me tell you where you go if you want to find more open minded people. We're like where He's like, Bar Sinister. Here goes Ashley. I put it in my notes. I'm like, well, he's like, yeah, there's a girl there with blue hair. I'm let me show you her Instagram asked for her till I blue scent you. I was like, thank you, fucking Blue. Guess where we went after the wiz K concert, Bar Sinister. Yes, we did go to Bar Sinister.
Speaker 3: What are they doing there?
Speaker 2: Okay, well there's a long line on the other side. But I went in the back and there's a clear door. And back there they're doing like a BDSM demo through a clear door.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, my bad, Like I'm getting the babysitter next weekend. Let's go bar sinister, bitch. Thank ye apparently right in bar sinister. What the fuck? So I'm I had a really good night.
Speaker 2: It was fun. I wasn't super hung over the next day, but I just yeah, I've had a good weekend.
Speaker 3: It's been a whild week.
Speaker 2: We've been busy, which brings me to our tarot card. Today we pulled the eight of brooms, and the eight of brooms means I actually pulled another one and I didn't like that one, But then I pulled this one, and it's very accurate. Movement, fast paced change, action, alignment, and air travel. This one says that the eight of ones it can mark significant delays, particularly concerning travel or fast moving plans. Despite having a lot of energy enthusiasm to progress things forward, you now face multiple obstacles in your course.
Speaker 3: Wait, did I pick up the wrong one? This that was reversed? Oh okay, okay, that we did not reverse. We need it regularly.
Speaker 2: That was regular Wait, sorry, we regularly It wasn't reverse. It invites you to be laser focused with your intentions and actions, determine what you want to manifest, and then align all of your resources and energy to folks becus on the singular goal, remove all distractions and devote yourself to the task with total concentration, determination, and will. This experience can be highly productive, allowing you to accomplish a lot in a short time. The other one that I picked up that it said it said the eight of Wance represents rapid movement forward applied to your career. This principle can mean rapid movement in the literal or figurative sense physically. The card can sometimes indicate that you're about to take a business triph. Eric and I are about to go to New York. It's mostly pleasure, but we're going to do some business and we're going to the Hardersoft podcast, So shout out to them for their show. So hopefully we see people. And we've been really feeling super busy and so I feel like that card was pretty accurate.
Speaker 3: Amen.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: Well, I would love to introduce you guys to this week's guest. We have Brittany Floyd Mayo aka Trap yoga bay that flows off the tong a little easier for me. She is a four break yoga instructor, mindset coach.
Speaker 4: Masters holders that the way you say, you know, bitch is master's level educating.
Speaker 3: Master's level educated.
Speaker 1: She's smarter than us, bitches. That's why she's here for her back to school month.
Speaker 3: Okay, teach, teach us your ways.
Speaker 4: He just britain A.
Speaker 3: Please, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me. I'm super excited.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I've been stalking you and I'm like, oh my god. She has a class coming up in LA on October nineteenth through the twenty third. I think yeah, And I was like, a bitch needs to go to work and do some yoga asap.
Speaker 3: I wish the shit was like this week.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know what, Oddly enough, I got you on the virtual side. I was teaching a virtual class on the thirtieth of September. And it's fun because you get to choose if you want to be on screen or if you want to be off and the people on screen I actually interact with. So there will be hundreds of people in the class, but maybe like fifty and like when they give up. I'll be like, bitch, get your ass up AND's work. Throw that ass and hill of circle? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: I throw that circle? What are you doing?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. Wow, that's amazing. Well, thank you for coming onto this show.
Speaker 3: I know that you have.
Speaker 1: You know, we always ask our guests to share an affirmation. I know you have your ratchet affirmations, so I would love for you to share one with our with our people.
Speaker 4: It's so hard to pick one. I think with like with the way y'all's podcast works, A cute, simple one like I am a priority in my beautiful ass life. You know it really works and something that's resonating with me right now. You ask for one, but I'm extra as fuck. I'm gonna give you two. It's you can accept someone for who they are and not fuck with them for the very same reason. Yes, as we enter this retrograde and you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Both of those speak to me. Both of those. Wait, what was the first one?
Speaker 4: It was I am a priority and it's beautiful in my ownership, it's yours in my beautiful ass life.
Speaker 1: I am a priority in my beautiful ass life.
Speaker 3: Yes, like a.
Speaker 1: Choir that speaks to me because I've like been not feeling like a priority and yeah, and like literally the past week, my body has been betraying me. Yeah, but in the blindness, and it has been been like, bitch, we can't do this anymore.
Speaker 3: Like this no longer.
Speaker 4: I heard your story. You know sometimes what you're experiencing with your eyes. Because I'm also a mid school drop out, it might be a migraine. Migraines can cause.
Speaker 3: My head was really hurting.
Speaker 4: You're not always really Sometimes it's orbs. Sometimes it's temporary blindness. So just something to see.
Speaker 3: I told you I was temporary blind. She was laughed. She always laughs at my pain. Laughed at you. You're like, I'm like, bitch.
Speaker 4: I was like, really not, but I'm devastated. I don't feel good.
Speaker 3: I'm awkward.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to if that's not me laughing at your pain, it's everything awkward. I just laugh my natural response to things. I care about. Your temporary blind.
Speaker 1: I was like, bitch, I'm legally blind. I was like, is this what it feels like when people need glasses?
Speaker 3: Yes, bitch, it's not fun.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel if I don't have a contact in I'm probably gonna get robbed. I see anything, can't identify.
Speaker 4: I lost my glasses once and went six months without them. And when I got new glasses because I couldn't drive I have a stigmatism, I put them on and I like cried. I was like wow. I was like, the world is an age? Did you like this?
Speaker 3: Shit is beautiful?
Speaker 4: It's crazy?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I value my vision so much that I don't even really like wearing sunglasses. If I'm in a beautiful place, I'm wearing sunglasses, like, bitch, take them off.
Speaker 1: You gotta see this. I got to see it for what it actually looks like. I can't see it through this. I will never take my vision for granted again. But their affirmation is something that I This week, I was like, okay, this week, I'm after you leave today, I am going to go through my calendar for the week and really block off time for myself, specifically in the day, even if it's just twenty minutes. I don't give a fuck what I'm doing. I have to stop and do something for myself because I don't know how to.
Speaker 3: I'm I don't mean doing that, I don't be doing that. I just like work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work, And I wake up and I'm like, work work work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you get into those bathroom You're like, I think I cuddled my laptop last night.
Speaker 3: Literally it's more.
Speaker 4: Heat.
Speaker 3: It was hard, hard, hard, new day.
Speaker 4: And I'm an accountability partner. That's a lot of what I do. So I'm gonna follow up with you ask okay, please do please.
Speaker 2: What was the second one? The second infirmation?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can accept someone for who they are and not funk with them for the very same reason.
Speaker 2: You can accept someone for who they are and not fuck with them for the same reason that mine might be. For me, it'sating deep because I love everybody.
Speaker 3: I'm a cancer.
Speaker 2: I be loving everybody, and yeah, I get attached to people for no reason.
Speaker 4: I forgot to say bye to that girl.
Speaker 3: She's like who the crime made? Met in the bathroom, So you don't know her. I'm like, I do, but I do.
Speaker 4: Oh, I looked in her eyes.
Speaker 3: We made friends her Instagram. She told me about her dead grandma. Now I have to check in on her.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh lord, oh, that's a lot of energy output.
Speaker 3: That is a lot of.
Speaker 2: Energetical I am trying to manage my energetic output and be more like conscious of it because I just do it so naturally. And then I'm like, bitch, what's wrong with you? That's what's wrong with you. You're doing a lot of energetic output.
Speaker 3: Do some input.
Speaker 2: You need to chield the fuck out input. But it's just like it's so in my nature. But I'm you know, reprogramming as an adult is really really, really hard, but I'm learning. That's my back to school lesson. Bitch, you can be always lessons outside of yourself. The lessons really start and end with yourself.
Speaker 4: That is the answer, right, right, So how did you get into where you are now and your purpose and walking in purpose?
Speaker 3: So I did some I did do a little bit of research on you and listen to.
Speaker 1: A few podcasts and learned about your history with violence as a young girl and child, and like having to unlearn those things, like Jamila said, like un learning things after like a certain age can feel really challenging. It's really impossible at times. So can you just share kind of like you know, your journey to trap Yoka Bay.
Speaker 3: Yes, in a nutshell in a shell.
Speaker 4: Right, boom, bullet points. So what happened was in the year was twenty twelve. Seriously, it was twenty fifteen. I was married, I have two children. We were living in Austin, Texas.
Speaker 3: You were married, brother young?
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, I got married at nineteen doors at twenty seven. Honestly I heard that's the way to do it, because now I'm thirty three, and I'm like, you know, but I had gotten to an argument with my husband, which wasn't unlike us, but was unlike him was to put his hands on me, and that day he like snapped and brutally beat me, and I like didn't like, I was in shock, went to sleep, had this like crazy dream and woke up and was like, nah, like this just thing they say, what like what God has planned for me? So I was like hit him with the YO, I'm going to Walmart R. I put the kids in the car, I grabbed my dirty clothes out of the garage, and I drove thirty two hours from Austin, Texas back home to Oakland, California, where I had When I left, I was like, yeah, I'm a Christian now and like I just don't do this secular stuff. My friend was like, oh, mich when I came back and was like yeah, he wasn't that great? Was he was?
Speaker 3: Oh? Was he was? He like religious?
Speaker 4: Oh? We were Pentecostal, hardcore or I didn't curse. I didn't wear pants.
Speaker 3: You didn't wear pants. It was from that. Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, well did you grow did you grow up that way? And then you met him and.
Speaker 4: The Jesus as your Lord and savior? Okay, that is some demon dick, demon dick. Yes, two kids, Come on, I came.
Speaker 3: You were wearing pants. You weren't wearing pants.
Speaker 4: I wasn't wearing pain, not cursing. That's I wasn't listening to the secular music. That's what I called it, like Beyonce what, I don't know what it was. It was at Ordeal. It was yes, very cult like life. And so I was laying on my grandmother's floor and me and my grandma don't even get along. She was like, yo, what the fuck like when you're gonna get the fuck out of here? And I had had some savings from my job. I was in tech, so I was in recruiting, had made me good money and was like, I need to find myself and I am not being a good mom. I am just like sitting these kids in front of the TV. I'm just feeding them. I'm lost. God, I'm about to dip and I let y'all know when I fucking find me. And so I booked a flight China, India, Brazil. I was gone. Yeah. So I studied at the how do You Own? School of Vinyasin Rashikasha, India, where I became a certified yoga instructor. Then I went on to Shanghai. Then I went on to Brazil and once I like was like, I found me and can nobody tell me shit? I came back home and was basically like yo yo, yo, yo yo. So that person you thought you knew the bitch is dead.
Speaker 3: Where your kids like, mama.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's probably why. Yeah, No, I came back different, different, But what was They were two and six? Okay, so my son doesn't have My son was two. He doesn't have as much recollection my daughter did. But the thing was there was some For a moment, I put her in therapy and that was really really good for her. And then when I became happier, I noticed my kids were changing. And that was what the dream was. It was that my kids felt like they grew up and they didn't know me because I was too busy trying to appease and trying to be accepted that I wasn't myself. So as I became more of me, my kids they became like happier kids. And then I was like, damn, this is kind of lonely being this like evolved bitch who don't give a fuck no more. Let me create like a tribe of women. And I had a friend who had a dance studio in San Francisco. She offered me the opportunity to teach. The class took off. Two weeks later, two chains called. Three weeks later, Erica Baidu called, and then I'm on tour with Sheila Marie as Hood's now wife. And somehow I went out for yoga but ended up crossing over into like the entertainment industry. Then three years later, we're a million dollar company and I'm in my high rise looking like a villain in downtown l Right, I'll be looking out like I wonder what the peasants are doing. I'm getting I'm.
Speaker 3: Kidding going down there.
Speaker 2: Wait, you have a question, how long were you gone? How long was that Eat Prey love trip?
Speaker 4: Almost four months? And then when I came back, I literally would like find every excuse to go. So since then I have traveled like the whole world. Like, we won't have time today, so you gotta to invite me back so I can say about the one time Dick got me put in jail in Singapore.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've seen my hotel.
Speaker 2: That you found in Singapore that put you in jail.
Speaker 4: That ain't the I was wild, girl. I wasn't cursing.
Speaker 2: I wasn't really Oh yeah, you had to you had to relate this. Yeah, you had like seven years.
Speaker 3: Jail and Singapore. I'm thinking of what's that broke down Palace?
Speaker 4: That is the movie? So that is the movie that made me lose my mind in jail. And they're like, I'm a good girl. I'm a good girl. I'm good forgive me Jesus. Yeah, okay. Bullet points told the man not to can't take niggas nowhere nowhere, and I was like, oh you got good Dick, Like, why don't you just come to Singapore?
Speaker 3: He bring weed lord.
Speaker 4: And they ran through the bag and I called my friend, was like, girl, I wasn't attached to my girl. He about to go to motherfucking jail. I ain't saying no, Bill like like you with him and I was like not really, and then they took you like oh yeah you. And so I went to jail for five days and I was in there like losing my ship so much that they were like maybe psychiatry evaluation, and they sent me to the psych unit and I was like that's fine. I got there and was like, actually, I like jail better. Can I go back to jail all of that ordeal? And they were just like, give us five thousand dollars and don't come back.
Speaker 2: And I was like, so you can never go to Singapore ever again.
Speaker 4: I got six years left. Oh is he still him?
Speaker 2: I don't know where he at.
Speaker 4: Wait, you haven't changed his lines under the jail. You didn't google or anything, gonna cause family, his mom. This was a safe space. I hear a little judgment, A little judgment I don't really get.
Speaker 3: I think it's fine.
Speaker 4: I got kids. It's a cancer in me, Like you didn't check this? He still like that, don't give He was seutarious. He's all right, oh yeah, yeah, I'm furious. It's well within my nature to be like, oh I don't like that detached to detach yuh, that's sad. Everybody's doing what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Let this be a testament to everyone. Don't ship no niggas, So don't ship no no imports to any form really anywhere.
Speaker 3: Don't ship them in period.
Speaker 1: Okay, if they can't get them fucking cells there. If the shoe was on the other foot, and this was Jamila's cancer ass.
Speaker 4: She'd been like, is he okay? Let me go check on him.
Speaker 5: Actually gotta fly back his court case or maybe probably right, But first of all, after five days in Singapore and jail, that would be my first step into not giving a fuck.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm like, don't care, don't ever call me for real.
Speaker 4: Cancer's guide to not giving a funk go to jail was singing part for five days. And when I saw him in past and he was like.
Speaker 3: Nobody told you to bring marijuana.
Speaker 4: Everything specifically told you don't bring shit here, like and if you can't leave your house with ill weed, you got a problem. Not everybody gets come shit happened.
Speaker 3: That's so.
Speaker 4: With circle back, what was talking about.
Speaker 3: I'm just so inspired by this story.
Speaker 2: I want to know. I'm you know, we're personally beginning everybody's business. Was that the okay, minus the arguing. Was that the first time he ever put his hands on you, and that was like, that's what that was, Like, you're the cam.
Speaker 3: What is the straw that broke the camel's back.
Speaker 4: M It was the first time he was like looking at me, and I was like, I'm from the hood, Like I've been in tons of his fights, and so it's not like I was like, oh my god, he's hitting me. I was just like, for real, nigga, for real, you know, like I started cursing again, and he's just like body shots. So we had got like he was like taking pride. It was like a lot of it. There had been an argument that we'd gotten into before, and he slammed me in a car door and he was very like apologetic, and so I was like, eh, you know, and then young love, I'll take him back. But that was the first time that I had really just like you know, like Bruce clavical face swollen.
Speaker 2: Like oh, I'm in a lifetime movie type shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, Like it was one of those, and so yeah, I'm happy that I walked away, and I think, you know, let that be a testament. A lot of times people think like that was the worst day of my life and the worst day of your life is a springboard for the best life that you could ever live. Walk the fuck away. I'm suggested.
Speaker 1: I was listening to you on highway and another jumla. Yeah, I was listening and you said something that really stuck with me, and it was the prerequisite for joy is basically experiencing the other end of that. And I was like, damn, like it's show it's so true, and I feel like, I mean, obviously that's your testament to that. How do you now navigate in that space because obviously your I don't know if your kids are you know, if he's so involved with your kids, and like, how do you navigate co parenting essentially with your abuser in some capacity, Like yeah, like how do you navigate that space? And like, I'm sure you guys have come a long way since that moment.
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't know. I don't know. I trust me, amen, I know how you feel.
Speaker 4: No, it's a good question. So for the first ten months when I left, he was very much like fuck you and them kids, like if I can't have you, I will start over. And then one day he popped up at my new home and like had like broken girl had put his tooth firsh for my tooth first, wooh, what tattoo of my face on his hands? I had lost his fucking mind. And what was I was coming back from a speaking engagement with the homeboy and he just assumed I was sleeping with the homeboy and was like, I knew it so biblical people. So he was waiting at the wait walked in with the dew. When you sleeping with the dow? Walked in with the dow. And what's funny is like church folk call you a harlet. He was like you harlot, and he was like, you'd be letting these men fuck on you. And I was like, correction, I fucked them back, fuck each other. We be fucking each other, not this one. And he like went to lunch at me and the guy friend like beat the shit out of it.
Speaker 3: He imagine that man.
Speaker 4: And I was watching very calmly, and eventually I got over it and like called my brother and was like, yo, can you just can come with these niggas off my floor? You know this is my lanm broke. It's a little bit much. And so the divorce was gnarly. It was nasty, It was very, very hard. And then when my company took off, that is when he was like, oh, I want to make your life live in hell. We went through child support. There was a point where I was paying six thousand dollars a month in child support. You ladies, if you have an LLC, make sure you separate your shit because they can pierce your veil. And all of the income from trap Yoga Bay got assigned to me and they was like, pay that man.
Speaker 2: So because there was it wasn't separate enterity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it wasn't like it wasn't it wasn't LLC, but I was co mingling funds. I didn't know what the fuck I was doing, like my first year, and I think people should be more transparent about this. My first year, I made over three hundred thousand dollars. I know what the fuck was.
Speaker 3: I was like money, right, right, right, And.
Speaker 4: Then you'd be like, actually, it's not that rich. But the divorce took almost two and a half years. I had to get a lawyer and the n we ended up with fifty to fifty custody and then there was a lot of contention. But I quickly just like reframed my mindset around it and like he knows it. He listens to the podcast, like he'll hear this one. I affectionately now call him my baby mama. I'm like my baby mama, bad bitch. You know, he's beautiful. He like our dynamic is very much like he treats me like the baby daddy. And so this school year, or when I up and moved to la during the pandemic, it was fine because the kids had virtual school. But now they're back in school and my daughter has a lot of say in her life. So she was like, I want to go back to my old school. I want to see my old friends. And I was like, oh, so you're gonna go back to Oakland. Hmmm, all right, well I'm gonna miss you. Call me and so jokingly because I see my kids all the time and I call them, but I'm like, this is the year of the dead beat mom, Like this is the year. This is the year beat mom, you know, like it is what it is. This is I've had kids since I was twenty. I've never been an adult woman without children. This is the longest stint and it's been five weeks. This is the longest stint where I've been like in love with myself, financially stable, happy, joyful and finest, fuck childless what I'm out? You know?
Speaker 3: So so you're winning.
Speaker 4: So yeah. So now because he's like taking over the parenting thing, Like he'll be like the son is eating groceries. I'll be like, damn, okay, here's like five hundred dollars, Like what the fuck? Like, can I order y'all some Hello Fresh?
Speaker 3: Like what you mean you need pee too?
Speaker 2: I mean to deliver pictures to Hype, right, I'd be like.
Speaker 4: She got my uber east the count, Like tell that girl order some pizza, don't order. Don't be doing too much. Don't be doing too much, like call your daddy. So this is a very interesting and unique time where I am now thirty three, fully navigating womanhood without children. So I don't know if that resonates with anybody, but it's it's a different day.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think I think that that's a story that you don't hear often, right, Like you hear that, you know, you know, the kid is always supposed to be with the mother, Like that's.
Speaker 4: What mom's amazing to be.
Speaker 1: But I have a question though, because because of the history that you have with him. Do you ever con because this is always my fear because I mean we're both single parents, and for me, like I don't really know what kind of parenting is happening on the other side, Like I just don't. He doesn't care to share with me, he doesn't care to co parent with me. Really, yeah, and we're not it's not a team effort. So do you ever get concerned about like, you know, how how how being real? Yeah, if you're going to have to do a lot of unprogramming.
Speaker 4: Oh, absolutely definitely there's reprogramming. I mean things as simple as you know, the way my son in him interact versus like what I allow is different. So they come over, you know, and it's just like day one is always like transitions. Day two is like, all right, so we're here. Let me tell y'all, y'all might have forgot the rules the same datty house. You know, it's not his house. So I think, you know, there is that. But if we can start focusing on only controlling what we can, right, and I think it illuminates the differences in parenting styles when you guys are parenting separate. But if you think about it, if you guys. Ever, you know, cohabitated with the children, there was still that contention, there was still that difference in how you parented. And you know, I remember when you know, we were doing the crowdout method to sleep train my daughter and I was very much like not tripping when she was crying, and he was like, damn you a monster, and no, she'll figure it out, and we would have those moments of this is how I want a parent, This is how I want a parent. So when I can remember that, this is no different than when we were in one household, and you know, what's my ideal situation outside of us being married is, you know, eventually I move forward and find a person who loves me and loves the kids, and he does the same. And now these children have four parents. And typically I like his girlfriends more than I like him like and that's one thing I'll give him. He was not a good husband to me. He show know how to pick some good women, and he's an amazing father, and so I trust his process and I ask a lot of questions, which I think it sometimes puts undue pressure on my daughter to like report because you get in and I'll be like, all right, snitch to me, what's going on over there, you know, And so I acknowledge that, but it's out of our you know, it's out of my control. And as long as I'm never hearing things that feel alarming like abuse because he has a history of abusing women or you know, heavy patriarchal things that I'm like, yeah, we're not gonna be putting that on my daughter, then then I kind of just gotta let him do his things. I picked him, and sometimes I apologize to myself and other people, like, I'm sorry, that's who I chose. He was mine. I did not stick beside him, but I him.
Speaker 3: Do you think you get married again? Do you think you get married again?
Speaker 4: Girl? Did you see my mission?
Speaker 3: What do you speak of?
Speaker 4: I felt like you jumped in my over. I felt like you proposed to me. It's a little quick for that ship. I believe in commitment and I believe in deep connection and joy, and that is what I prioritize over titles in time, and so I think at best I could I could do a commitment ceremony.
Speaker 3: Best.
Speaker 4: At best I can do I can let everybody know, like I'm fucking with this person. We rocking steady.
Speaker 3: Are you in a relationship right now? Okay, it comes maybe a.
Speaker 2: Little bit, it's not even it's not complicated, Like do you not believe like maybe not marriage. Do you believe in saying, oh, this is my partner or not that's even a.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I believe I believe in saying like, this is my partner. I think the variety is important, and I have someone that I cherish and I love spending in time with. But I'm also like, yeah.
Speaker 2: There's a lot there's a lot of fish.
Speaker 4: Inc there's a lot of fish in the sea, and you know, I go on a date over there, like it ain't so great, and then I'm like, yeah, I didn't have a good time, like you hungry? Hell yeah, I'm hungry, Like you know what I need? My bad I don't even know. Let me just go ahead and send all my friends call me the hr hoe because I send hr messages when I break it off with people, which, oh, thank you so much for your time and your effort. After careful consideration, I do not think that it sads for us to move forward with this. However, I wish you're messing your future.
Speaker 3: It may afford me that time.
Speaker 1: H you are hr I feel I've been doing that ship too. I recently did that with somebody and he just could not believe it. He could not believe that this was happening. And then I find that when you do that, though they respect it, they act that they respect it, and then they always they think you're they think you're joking.
Speaker 2: No, they want to they want to prove to you that you you're wrong.
Speaker 3: Well, they just they don't want to believe you have boundaries.
Speaker 4: And that's what it is.
Speaker 1: And I know that, like you know, I know that you talk a lot about boundaries and like how importan in a jam, yeah, and how important they are, and like how do you what is your biggest I guess tip for starting to implement boundaries in your life? Because I know there's a lot of people listening to that, like they don't even know where to start for.
Speaker 4: Sure, for sure, because it's not easy. I would say, people don't know where to start where They're like, I don't even know where, like where that boundary line is? And I said, or when I need to implement them? My biggest step one advice is if you feel like I have to choose between loving you and loving me. Then the boundary is I need to love myself, and that's in compromising. A lot of times you're like, oh, you know, I found out he's talking to somebody else, but we're in a close relationship.
Speaker 3: Oh you know.
Speaker 4: If I stay, I'm low key gonna hate myself and it's gonna change the dynamic. Then it's time for a boundary, because now if I proceed with this, I'm gonna feel some kind of way about me and to me. That's at least the starting point of like, now, let's be aware that we don't like that. So I've got an hr message for you. Oh my god, I can't wait tear this please, So I said, was this reason? Yes, yes, and it actually is the hotel that I was going to tell you about. So I said, stink, you already had a nickname for this nigga. No, No, that that's general.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 4: I have to make this very clear. I cannot participate in this. I do not want to be a part of your life. I would never suggest that you meet a meeting, miss a meeting. He was like, he was gonna miss a meeting to come talk to me. I don't want to talk miss a meeting for someone who is not interested in moving forward. I appreciate you for your transparency and for giving me a genuine try. I will not be responding to any calls or text beyond this message. Please take care of yourself.
Speaker 3: I for I didn't stop. So, wait, what are the links he's sending?
Speaker 4: What is that link?
Speaker 3: Review of what?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: He told me that I was giving him cardiomyopathy, being responded heart palpitations, bullshit no. So then he me a video of how I like. If you watch my Instagram, you notice I make my bed every day and I show people how I felt close. And then he showed me how he folds close like me. Now, oh but here, here's boundaries. You see all of these?
Speaker 3: Wait? Was he sending you tomor Braxton music music?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Stop?
Speaker 4: What does his voice know? What is his signa? Crazy?
Speaker 3: Crazy?
Speaker 4: Wow? We should tell this story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to.
Speaker 2: Remember he was aries, he was I don't know anything about them, their fiery.
Speaker 4: And it ended with like, look, can I just bring you some money? And I'm just like, I'm not moves my money money not. The last message was like, look I have somebody who can bring you four thousand dollars right now needs you to respond?
Speaker 3: Why need he's a con artist?
Speaker 4: He wasn't, so I'm like, oh, if this man find he gonna kill me. He like, I don't do thugs. I don't, I don't.
Speaker 2: Is that a thug sending your tamar b was a thug?
Speaker 4: Was a thug? I don't do thugs? So oh shit, what happened? What happened was I was out here an event and I had met a guy right, and I was like, ooh, I like him, right, but he lived in New York. He had to fly out, and so we were talking on the phone and he was just like I can't take it, Like can you come see me in New York? And I was like, yeah, I guess I can come see you in New York. Be like, you know, I can't stay with you. Get me a hotel room, all that shit, and he's like, okay, cool, I got you. So he gets me my flight, he gives me my hotel room. I'm on my way. I text him and I'm like, are you excited to see me? And he's like yeah, but I have to be honest with you. I'm a little tired, so I won't be able to pick you up from the airport, and I'm like the problem. So then what he forgot to do was blocking me from his Instagram stories.
Speaker 1: I got my box from like a Kitten. You might have seen me post it on Instagram. I'm fucking obsessed. Not only did I get beautiful jewelry like handcuffs, I got sattin restraints, I got a bomb ass vibrator, I got a beautiful silk robe.
Speaker 2: It really is. I mean, sometimes going into a sex shop can be super overwhelming. There's so much shit, but like, just reminding to keep your sexy in a subscription box every month is just like the perfect gift, surprise gift to keep it sexy literally every month without having to get in a car go to a shop. It just comes right to your fucking front door and it's sexy time exactly.
Speaker 1: And this month they're helping you choose your own adventure with their byob Box aka build your own box, so you can pick out whatever you want and put it in that box. And what's amazing is that this box is only sixty nine dollars. Some of the vibrators alone retail for more than sixty nine. Oh the old neglige a little pink, sexy, little teddy. As soon as I came to my front door, I put that shit on. I was by myself, and I was like, damn, I'm a bad bit. Well right now, Like a Kitten is offering our listeners twenty percent off and free shipping when you go to like a kitten dot com and enter promo code GMBC at checkout Like a Kitten dot Com promo code GMBC, and the link is in this episode's description.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, wash day in my house is crazy. Luna screams like I'm beating her. It's literally insane every time we do it.
Speaker 3: Every time, it's like, girl, you've been had this hair.
Speaker 2: So I'm super excited because I got a new product from Talia Wajid, and it's perfect to entangle her hair. It's perfect for kinky, curly hair, and it makes the screaming and the crying mute.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: And our kids have different textured hair, and that's why I know this shit actually works because both of our kids their hair is a little bit different. And I called Mila and I was like, girl, did you try this shit? Because I got through washed egg with no tears none. A miracle and.
Speaker 2: It smells delicious. Snaw apple and Allo ingredients smells so good. It doesn't flake, it keeps it moisturized all day, and it has great curl definition.
Speaker 1: I also love it because I only needed to use three products to achieve the look and it lasted all week long. And this week we are giving our listeners thirty percent off their entire website, So make sure you click the link in this week episode description and use g MBC thirty at checkout.
Speaker 2: Stupid.
Speaker 4: I watched his Instagram stories and he ain't at no motherfucking gang bitchy at Barclay's, sleep at Barclay's with another bitch, like while you got.
Speaker 2: Me in transit to New York, So why didn't you take me out of your story?
Speaker 3: You're a dumb asshole, oh dumb as fuck? Right, and so why are you? Like, hey, thanks for the free trip.
Speaker 4: Right, So I'm on my way in here. I'm pissed, and so randomly I get another long ass text message and it's like, yo, Brittany, like I saw in your story that you were on your way to New York. Because I have posts like hey, you know anybody else for some fun? Out my way in New York was popping, and I'm just like, who is this? He tells me who it is. It's somebody that I knew from like way bit I'm talking like middle school. He's like, I've been watching your journey. I think it's you're amazing. I want to see you when you get to New York. And typically I'd be like, nah, hell no like you being we like you. You sound like a fan, and I've had fans and I've had stalkers, so like, but I was like.
Speaker 3: The Spike, let me do some ho shit.
Speaker 4: I'm available, absolutely, absolutely, And he's like, oh, where you staying. I'm like, oh, I'm at this hotel, nice hotel in Brooklyn's like no, like you're a Manhattan gir, I'm gonna put you up in a different hotel.
Speaker 3: Man like these a lot. So then so then.
Speaker 4: He's like, here's the restaurants. I can take you to, my strolls whatever, whatever. My driver is gonna pick you up. So I'm just like, okay, I'm doing middle school. He's been doing big things this middle school right. So now he's like he's like deals in weed. He like does like a whisked leaf. And then when they like buy weed and they white label it. So he white labels weed for celebrities. So I'm like, okay, all right to talk about it. So we get there, like he's sitting in my hotel and I'm like, okay, like you're talking to me to the sun come up. I'm like, he's like, you know, I was really hoping something. I was like, let me tell someth about this pussy sir, Like you don't seem stable enough, like I just I don't recommend it, like you could smell.
Speaker 2: It, like look, I love it, don't for my child's after that.
Speaker 4: Right, And so I was like I'm gonna take a shower, like maybe you should go. So took a shower and came back. He's like I thought about it. I don't care. You can ruin my life. And I was like, no, seriously, the most you can do is smell upussy like.
Speaker 3: And I just let him snip it just a little bit. You're my hero. You didn't even look it.
Speaker 2: No, you're no, because I was like, you're gonna go.
Speaker 4: We're gonna cry, right, And so then the next day I was like, still, there're supposed to be there for four days. But then I was like like we went shopping, had a great time, but there was something a little like a little too possessive about it. So then y'all, his driver looks at me in the rear view mirror. Oh, slightly lustfully he does. He was looking like and this guy says, what the fuck you're looking at? My bitch for reaches forward and slaps his driver.
Speaker 3: I'm like, wait, hold the fuck up.
Speaker 4: He slaps the dog ship out of his driver for looking at open.
Speaker 3: Hand, driving lustily.
Speaker 4: Yes, bitch, waits you got girl, I'm pussy smell like girl. Have you ever seen my recipe for pussy juice? I highly recommend it.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, get that one.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's all my stories, It's in my highlights.
Speaker 3: It's like, shit, what did you do?
Speaker 4: Bitch? Bitch? I was like, I got a meeting. I gotta get the body.
Speaker 3: My meeting just came up and just came up back and.
Speaker 4: Back in la. All right. I got stuck. I am not about to see this through my boy. So so I'm like, for real, I gotta go. I like text my assist and was like call me act soberly, like just run with it, and she like she knows sometimes I'll be on my whole shop. So she knows.
Speaker 3: She like she got me.
Speaker 4: She got me. So I get my bags. My assistant like books my flight and I'm like, yo, you know, like you don't got to take me to the airport. He's like, oh, but I will. So he leaves. The driver comes back, takes me to the airport. Y'all. I get to the motherfucking airport. The driver takes out my bag. The driver takes out another bag and I'm like, what's that stuffing? What's that? And he's like, I can't live without you.
Speaker 3: The driver, no dude.
Speaker 4: To get killed. And he's like, I'm coming with you back to California. And I'm like like, no, the fuck, you're not.
Speaker 3: I'm scared.
Speaker 4: No the but I'm scared.
Speaker 3: You're scared, but I am fright, tend right.
Speaker 4: And so he's like he's like, I know you, I know you, and mind you. He was like, I've been checking for you throughout the years. I'm like spilling all the tea. So I went to high school with an actor who's like super famous now yeah tea, and I had a crustion on him.
Speaker 3: Back a tell him I'm looking for I've been It's my man. It's my man.
Speaker 4: Well, well maybe can we both can we can we just maybe for both variety, Maybe we can both go for careful you know dudes together, baby, we might politic my yoga post together. And but like, let me be transparent, right, he ain't fucking with me, like like like we were supposed to be in Australia. It ain't work out, and like he ain't really been he ain't really like so but we all went to school together and he was like, yeah, I know you'd be trying to fuck on yah y'ah.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, got that right.
Speaker 4: He's like I did that. And I was like, oh, so you why I can't get yah yah? Draws you the reason? You the reason he said he did what he did, like I did it that ship.
Speaker 3: He's a crazy lady.
Speaker 4: So anyway, so I'm like, he's like, I know you you're a runner and if now let you get on this flight, I will never see you again. And I was like, you don't know what's gonna happen, Like this plane could crash and I could die. And he was like.
Speaker 3: And I was like, yo, let me get this is all happening at the airport.
Speaker 4: A report at JFK just walking around in the wild and people he knows, God, I'm scared. Yeah, so I needed to say his full name. People women watch watch clubs. So I get on the flight and he like and he was just like you left me, and I was just like yo, yo do. And so then that's where the HR message comes from.
Speaker 3: Like oh, okay, this is wow.
Speaker 4: And then all those messages yeah, and so I'm like whoa. And so maybe the more of the story is like, don't do spiteful ship. I would have never ever hung out with this man unless I had gotten that odd And when the odd thing happened with the other dude, like, I sent one cryptic DM and I was like, I just want to know, did your team win?
Speaker 3: Not a cryptic DM from you?
Speaker 4: No, he didn't respond that day. He didn't and then he was like blowing me up.
Speaker 3: The whole trip.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, no, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 3: I didn't have no hotels.
Speaker 4: I never spoke to him again. I don't play that boundaries boundaries.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's an epic psycho crazy.
Speaker 3: That's an epic story on boundaries.
Speaker 2: Wait, okay, so I have a question about boundaries. So like we talked about your experience and how you've like made this drastic change and like that like upstarted all this other amazing shit. But like, how would you say, Like, because I also stopped you a little bit, did some research. I know you've had like you know, family history traumas and shit like.
Speaker 4: We all have.
Speaker 2: But obviously like you have this abusive relationship with this very Christian baby daddy, and then like I think women have a hard time setting boundaries with men because we'd be getting digmatized and were all were so programmed to be like you need a partner, you need this person and like the comfort almost even if you're unhappy you come from like toxic ast relationships and me personally, I'm all always talking about childhood trauma and how to like heal from it because that's that's your whole adult life if you're if you care about growing, it's all about yeah, right, So how would you say, like, you've your experience has really like in both ways who you've attracted, because how the fuck did you? First of all, you chose your baby daddy, as we all show, But like I think women have a hard time shifting that, Like it's one thing to recognize that you have some things that you need to work on. It's a whole different thing to act on them and then choose a partner based on the choices and the changes that you've made. I think when you've grown up in like abusive situations trauma, it's easy to attract relationships and partners like that because it's familiar, right, But like, how do you like first to recognize that, like until like maybe it's not you getting hit in the face or whatever, even though that's the case for a lot of women, Like what really made you start acting on those boundaries and the people you choose, people who share your energy, because that's hard for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think, like you said that, childhood trauma, it permeates every facet of your life, how you show up in corporate how you show up in friendships, how you show up as a parent. In a lot of ways, what we end up being led by is fear instead of love, fear of loss, fear of judgment, fear of abandonment. Instead of I give from a place of love, It's like I give from a place of like, please love me back. And I think that is where mindfulness becomes very important and a lot of times people are telling me like, I don't like to meditate because I can't quiet my mind. The point isn't ever to quiet your mind. It's to create some separation so that you can then observe yourself so that then you can say, Hm, why did I make that decision? And it's how bothered am I by the outcome of that? And so I think for me since my ex husband, you know, and like these three random stories I told you, those are times where I know that I fucking chose chaos. Like I kid you not, I was like, mindful moment, Brittany, what are we doing? How do we feel violence?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Because for a little razzle dazzle. But outside of like those scenarios that I told you about, which I feel like I'm mindfully chose, I come across some of the most amazing and phenomenal you know, and I date men and women, amazing phenomenal women and men who cherish me and treat me great. And I think it's not just what you'll tolerate from other people, but it's the boundaries that you set with yourself, which is which is your habits, which is you know, deciding who you are and not wavering from that. So when I tell somebody like, oh, no, like I cannot go on a date with you because I have to wake up at five am to meditate. I can't hang out tonight because it's a full moon and I need to ritualize some things. Those little things like that teaches people that like, oh, she's got boundaries, Oh she's got routines, and I don't get the opportunity to take over her life. I get to integrate in it. And that's how I approach relationships and partners is to say, hey, I'm whole and complete, and I like the variety of other humans. Are you also that? Because if so, do you want to orbit around each other for a time and so so? Yeah, I think for that it's really important. And the boundary setting, I think a lot of it, and nobody wants to hear it. Is you gotta And this is like Christian work. You got to consecrate yourself. You have to step back and figure out who you are when people aren't telling you who you are. And that's what traveling got to do for me. I got to to test my identity and see how I show up in the world. Who are people telling you were before people were telling me that I was anxious, that I was too much. I was told that that I was smart and would do well in corporate, that I wasn't an entrepreneur, that because I decided to be a mother, that my life was over, that I was too bubbly, too friendly, and so I really would pack that on. And again it's not just partners. I remember I used to have anxiety so bad that I would faint, Like I would just get upset and boom, I'm like on the ground, face red. And it was either that or like physical violence. And I remember when I came back and I had told everybody like like, I'm not who y'all thought I was. And I was on the phone with my mom and she's like, ooh, that sounds like a frustrating thing. You know. Don't don't go doing what you're doing, fighting or fainting. And I was like, actually, I don't. I don't do that anymore. That's not who I am. And she was like mm hm. And so from that moment on, I started telling people, Hey, I cannot control who you think I am or how you see me, but I'm telling you that that's not who I am. And you can say whatever the fuck you want to say about me behind my back, but don't bring that shit to my face. Do not tell me who I am to my face. And when they did, it was a two year stint where I would be like, Hey, you're on that bullshit. You're telling me something that I'm telling you I'm not, and I would be like, I'm disengaging, and that's where the hr HO probably came from. I started, I called it this again. I'm like, I'm going to disengage in this conversation. Please don't call me for two weeks, and I will hang up anybody's face, mother, anybody, and I'll call back in two weeks and say, hey, I really love you and I want to move forward, and I think the best way is for us to talk about what happened two weeks ago. Are you ready to have that conversation? Which is really hard thing to do, but when you have fell to the depths of hell and you're like, I clearly don't love mine and I've clearly chosen love and all of these other titles and accolades over my authentic self. And you know how sad and how dark and how how like lonely. That darkness is what you were like. I will never go back there again, and I will do whatever it takes. And so now my journey is every day, how do I become more me? More me? How do I continue to test who I am and what I say and believe in that and what I've been able to accomplish with that finding of self has sometimes I cry because I'm just like, I cannot believe that I've been able to reprogram my mind and recreate this life in such a way that I'm almost unrecognizable. I look younger now than I did in pictures when I was twenty three.
Speaker 3: It's insane that shit will aige you.
Speaker 2: Not being happy, not living as yourself, showing up as yourself will damn the fuck out of you, Like you will start looking like a different person. And that's shit, is true. I've seen like pictures of myself an unhappy relationship.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, bitch, you're not doing well. Yeah, you weren't doing well.
Speaker 4: Yeah you weren't doing well.
Speaker 3: Who would you say you are now?
Speaker 4: I would say now, I'm free, I am free, I am authentic, I lean into that. I'm a nurturer and I am discerning. I think that I am wise. I think that wise enough to know that I don't know shit that kind of way. And I think that I think that I'm a lover. I think I'm a lover of humanity. And before I was afraid of humanity, I was I was. I was scared of people and scared of interactions and scared of either they would take something from me or reject me. And now I live my life not requiring acceptance of anyone, but also not denying that. And I think that, like I'm like, damn, okay, cool, let's go, you know, yeah, and I'm myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what a beautiful journey.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, I feel like this conversation is so necessary, I think for both of us, and I think for the people listening too, like knowing that like it really it's sometimes it's just taking the smallest step to finding who you are. And like I know, for especially for moms, like you know, some moms, like we don't have the luxury of like leaving our kids for four months to go find ourselves, you know, Like so moms are like.
Speaker 4: Well, how the fuck do I do that? How the fuck do I mean, I know, don't. I can't leave my child for four months.
Speaker 3: I don't know. If I don't, I couldn't.
Speaker 1: But I know that they're like even me, like today saying like, Okay, I need to create space in my life.
Speaker 4: I've been it.
Speaker 1: I have to create space in my life. I have to make it a priority, even if I have to fucking schedule it.
Speaker 4: In my goddamn Google calendar.
Speaker 3: And you will to do that.
Speaker 1: I think that that's really really important, And because we do ourselves such a disservice and suffer so much, like just avoiding ourselves and avoiding the work and not setting the boundaries. And sometimes boundaries can feel I don't know that word, and I think sometimes it gets a bad connotation of like negativity or coldness or heartlessness. But I think you create so much more space for love and light when you have those boundaries.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. And one of the things that and I love what you said. A quote come to mind is like everywhere you go, there you are, and people got to so we gott to stop running from ourselves. But when it comes to that boundary setting, I think it's when you first start boundaries, you're like, ah, I get away from me because you're just like pent up aggression and anger and you're trying to protect yourself. But I think the deeper you get in your boundaries, the softer you can be, and the more you can say, like, it doesn't have to be this big blowout, it can just be you know, actually this doesn't work for me. Actually I'm gonna unsubscribe to this interaction. And you know, learning that is the game changer. So one of the things that I mean, this is years of therapy and work, but I learned that it's okay to be used. I want to be used. I want to be used in the way that I prescribed I can be used for. And so when I can say this is how you could, you can empty my vessel right and everything else is off limits, then I don't have to feel like a bad person for upholding boundaries because you just were out of my wheelhouse. So when it comes to you know, people wanting to tell me their life story as I'm walking down the street because something about me just does that, you know, And so then it's like, well, I feel bad because I like, I'm a good person and I want to help and I actually get invested in people's story. But a couple of things. You get invested in people's story and their success, and they aren't always invested in their own Yes, and so now you've depleted your energy and you could have helped somebody who is actually ready. So that's why that boundary is important, because your energy is finite. So instead of listening to people's stories, I have a set of questions, and I'm like, if you really want help, you can book a free fifteen minute call, and then after that, I'm going to try to sell you something a very expensive coaching program, and so very like it just is what it is. So then now I know that I can live in my purpose because I'm not being out of order by constantly being pulled to help other people. Because if we went to help everyone who needed us, we would never make it out of our front door. So we have to learn to put our blinders on and to decide who and what it is that we pour out to and under what circumstances, so that we can then be fruitful in how we show up in the world and how we give back. So boundaries isn't about shutting people out. It's about walking in your purpose and in a way that will actually make a difference in the world, and that is that's where my mindset coaching comes in, and that's where I'm like, no, let's just reframe that. It's not no, I don't want to help my mom pay her mortgage. It's I'm using this money to send to Haiti because I believe that those kids are important and what they need. You know, there is that I love my mom. That's just not it. That's not what it is. So so I think that's also like boundary set setting, you know, one on two one one o.
Speaker 3: Two one o two. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's important too, like because listening to your story and listening to what you're talking about. I remember when I first took the steps to like leave my baby daddy. It was something like traumatic and big like that, and I went went played taughter what you taughttered that line a lot. But when I first finally got out of it and finally got powered and like like okay, I'm here. I took a long time to get I knew for a long time it was wrong. I took a long time to get here. I remember I went out with a guy and he like said something crazy to me and my baby Daddy used to talk crazy to me, so I was kind of used to it, but I was so not in that place anymore. I was like, my fangs must have come out. I was like, get the fuck out. I'm like, I don't know who the fuck. But I was just like, you're not gonna send me back to that place by any means. But I think sometimes in life, when you are programmed a certain way into certain things, you forget you'll get in new relationships that are a little bit different. They don't look just like that, so you're kind of like relaxed in it, but they still like cross your boundaries in other way other ways, and you have to be like constantly exercising and reevaluating because you can grow, but if you let yourself get comfortable, you can still kind of totter and teeter into those things that are still not quite this but not quite what you need either.
Speaker 3: So I think it's important.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy that you came like reminding, reigniting that fire, like there was a place that that stemmed from, and that work has to continue to happen and continue to happen, or else you can easily fall back into old even if it doesn't look just like it. You're being abused, or you be allowing some inneverbally abused you, or you being so miserable you look ugly, but.
Speaker 4: You were speaking for both of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was talking.
Speaker 2: It's still it's still always lingering, and you have to constantly be evaluating the people you keep and why.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, thank you so much. I needed.
Speaker 2: I needed to hear all your information today and definitely that crazy ass story about that crazy ass nigga. Don't answer dms from niggas from Junior High, don't do it, don't.
Speaker 1: I was going back to read my HR message and it was not as direct as that. I was like, wow, I really could have fine tuned this more.
Speaker 4: It was not as actually love crafting those messages.
Speaker 1: It sounded like if you took joy in that, and can tell I'm sure everywhere was spelled correctly.
Speaker 4: Yes it was my and my you know, like I'm a thing for words, But it's not just I don't take joy in.
Speaker 3: It joy, but but you do take joy and setting.
Speaker 4: Your boundary and also being a good person about it. Because I could do I could do like all these other bitches I heard like, I could I could block you I could take your money.
Speaker 3: I could do all of that, but you could pick up that four thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: I could have picked up that kish But like I was like, again, every day, when you're faced with these things, this is the opportunity for you to say who you are and show up as that. And so I'm like, I am a good human I have boundaries. I respect other people's boundaries, and I respect other people's humanity. Clearly, this nigga is in way over his head with me, right, and I called it. I was like, Nah, you could just sniff the pussy, not you. You can't see.
Speaker 3: He slapped the goddamn driver.
Speaker 4: He has zero motherfucking boundaries.
Speaker 3: The driver beat his ass.
Speaker 4: Driver react with the no, the driver just took it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, poor baby. That was not the first time.
Speaker 4: I don't think so oh no, but him. It's also it's also like I want to learn, right, and there are things that I learned from that, right, we learned from every interaction I learned. I do like it when somebody's driver picks me up, just not when they slapped the driver, right. I do like when someone is very attentive and you know, those sort of things. But not when they're possessive, and so you learn something from every single interaction. And that's why everyone is like, it's all good, you know there there I have no no, no heart feelings or anything. But it's also like I have a model. I leave everything better than I found it, even crazy niggas, I will still leave you better than I found you. And I want you to know that, like your behavior will chase away the woman of your dreams, and so to be able to do that and get your words across so that they hear the words. Because I used to be very angry, very screaming, and then people like, don't talk to me like that. You're yelling, and I'm like, but you're not listening. And so I've learned that if I can maintain my composure and take the anger, because anger is not even a real emotions, it's an emotion that hides fear or jealousy or anguish. If I can take the emotion out and just put it on the table, I've been authentic to who I am. And if you are open to learning, you just learn acting crazy go and lose a real bad.
Speaker 3: Bitch fast fast.
Speaker 4: Right. So yeah, it's boundaries, it's not easy. It's not easy, and if I can take two seconds. One of my biggest pieces of advice for people who are starting who can't say no, I said, I teach the yes and have you guys.
Speaker 3: Ever heard of the yes and yes? And I will do this for you.
Speaker 4: Right like you set the parameter, you know, like can I borrow your car? Yes? And you will need to pay my car note for six months. And people be like, well I only need to borrow your car for twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well I guess you don't need it.
Speaker 4: I guess you don't need it. Like it's low key game of like how bad do you want it? But it's it's it's boundary setting for beginners. It's saying like, I don't want to be displeased, but let me tell you at what level I will be comfortable with you using me in the way that you want to use me? Yes, you can?
Speaker 1: Why Because this is what it's gonna calls people who don't have problems setting boundaries yes as part of it's just part of their every day intuitive dialogue.
Speaker 3: So the and is where? But that and is? It's hard even then even with the yes, if you're scared, like yes, and can you pay my car? Not for right?
Speaker 4: Right, And so when I when I'm coaching my people, I'm like, and after you say your and bitch, don't say shit, ain't nothe necessary, don't explain nothing, nothing to explain. And and that's another one my ratchet affirmations. Noah is a full last motherfucking sentence. But yes, yes you can do this right. And when it comes to like dating, and guys typically wanting to be able to date other women, but they don't want the women to do that, and I'm very quick to be like, yes, you can fuck other bitches and I will too. The paulse nothing else to say, and then they can make that decision. But when you make that and what feels good for you, and I do it in business, yes I can teach this class and even when you know, I'm so excited to be here, but I also have a life. Yes I can come, and these are the times that I'm available. So that way, when I walk away from this, I feel invigorated, I feel excited, and I don't feel like anyone took something from me that I wasn't giving. Yes, you can have what you want and this is the price. And most of the time, you realize that people make you feel like you were their last resort. And here comes another ratch of affirmation. You were not that suckers last resort. You were only the most convenient one. Make it not so convenient to use the fuck out of you as No, but.
Speaker 3: I needed all of those but thank you.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I would pass. You have all my money, all the cash I got, you got memo.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we usually end our episodes with our guests in a horri.
Speaker 3: And I feel like that ship was the horror.
Speaker 4: I mean I gave that was the horror.
Speaker 1: I just feel like you are a plethora of story, so I'm going to drain all of you.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, we want more, well do you? But Jamila, you said you have a horri Why the fuck do you remember my my common volunteered.
Speaker 3: It's a quick one, so it'll be quick.
Speaker 4: Who stories.
Speaker 2: I was on Priman, which is a popular hiking mountain here in l A. And I was with the guy and we went on I was like going on the back, the back trail because I'm from LA.
Speaker 3: I know the back trail. And then we were like buy.
Speaker 2: A tree, and I was like, you want to eat my pussy and he's like, okay, so you got to ask. And then he just sat me up on a very convenient tree and I just scooted my biker shorts down at my pussy a. I was like looking at looking at the view, and I was like trying to Matt like I was feeling good. I was trying to like manifest a house in the hills, but I was getting a pissya and it was great. And then I was like, this is so nice. I love asking for what I want. And then I got down and as soon as I put my pants up, a guy walked by and I was like, look at God.
Speaker 3: And that's it. That was That was the story.
Speaker 2: Asked for what you want, even if it's getting ahead. Yeah, I hate that word if it's used towards me. But he was obedient, right, So good.
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah that's what I did.
Speaker 4: Thank you for sharing.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. So you want to tell all of our listeners where they can find all this amazingness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well they won't find these kind of stories. Pay I typically stay away from relationships. I think I've been holding this for.
Speaker 3: I'm so grateful we got the exclusive drop y'all.
Speaker 4: Y'all have heard you said you heard a lot of podcasts. You've never heard any of these things. No, the energy in this room, I'm like, let me just tell my hotels to my roof.
Speaker 2: Can we put this can be on a group chat because now I need to know all of your ship.
Speaker 4: Last night when but yes, thank you so much. I can be found on Instagram as trap yoga bay that's t R A P y O G A B A E and really on all platforms that way. And if you get confused, like google me bitch. And if you guys are in La, make sure you come to her class on October nineteenth through the twenty third, and then I'll be in Philadelphia on the eleven through the six of November. And if you so happened to be in Cali, Colombia or Cabo, hit me up because I'll be teaching at some private events there.
Speaker 3: But I can always Oh wait, Colombia. Do I need to go to Colombia?
Speaker 4: Yes you do?
Speaker 2: She I want to go to Columbia for a variety of ratchet and wellness reasons.
Speaker 4: Like, honestly, I should just start traveling with y'all, because honestly, I have not learned my lesson about important dick. I still do not. You know what.
Speaker 2: Everywhere I go still Erica has taught me bring a vibrator like travel essentials, bring a vibrator.
Speaker 4: Even if even if you never hooked up overseas, what you'd just be bringing them in. Yeah, we didn't learn your lesson from rotating never hood bit. I've never hooked that I'm going to empower you. I've always just.
Speaker 3: Tried some foreign dick.
Speaker 4: It is because my best friend said, thorn dick, don't.
Speaker 2: Count it, don't it does out of state lines.
Speaker 4: Thorn dick might make you stay in the foreign country that you're at being gonea like fuck y'all a.
Speaker 3: Prince far.
Speaker 2: Also speaking of going on trips and finding yourself, we are doing our retreat in Costa Rica, and by the time this comes out, we will have put out the first round of people who we've invited to come. So be sure to look out for that email and put your money's in to reserve your spot, because we would love to grow and get well with you on the coast of Caribbean, Costa Rica.
Speaker 4: Maybe a little trap yoga and I'll promise I won't bring them dick.
Speaker 2: Oh there's all women, so you can't bring dick, but we do encourage you.
Speaker 3: Ton't find the locals, there's the local dick I found some.
Speaker 4: Leave it to Erica scavenger hunt I found.
Speaker 2: What if we tell our community, like, invite your nick us to Coasta Rica during this time.
Speaker 3: You can only see them during these days.
Speaker 4: No, there's plenty of dick on.
Speaker 2: Please please come with us trap yoga bay I know, Oh my god, it'll be so fun.
Speaker 1: Love to But you guys know where to find us. Good Mom's Bad Choices on all platforms. Make sure you follow us on Instagram at Good Mom's Underscore Bad Choices.
Speaker 3: Check out our Patreon.
Speaker 4: I've been like uploading little blog posts up there because I've been in my fields all week. So I've been like crying on Patreon. So you know, gosh with your girls in love on Patreon. That's patreon dot com. Backslash Good Mom's Bad Choices and have a good day.
Speaker 3: Bye bye