Speaker 1: The regular season is wrapped and the NBA Playoffs are finally here, and there's no better way to cash in on high flying hoops action than Prize Picks, a preferred partner of the NBA. Every basket, every dive, every win means more when you're playing on Prize Picks, So don't pass up the next shot with Prize Picks and get fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars do it live twenty twenty six NBA Finals week Stick Alert pick live squares during the NBA Playoffs and you could win a trip for two to the NBA Finals. To enter, you just make it a five dollars lineup with at least one live player pick during any part of the twenty twenty six NBA Playoffs. Live player picks are picks made after a game is already in progress. Prize Picks is simple to play. You know this playoff season, I'm all in on La Always Lebron, Lebron, Lebron more more more, Get in on the action. Prize Picks is now available in all fifty states, including California, Texas, Florida, and Georgia. Download the Prize pick app today. Use coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in a line after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's code Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. Prize Fix a preferred partner of the NBA. Y'all normal man who appreciates the finer things in life. A good poor tailor fit underwear that won't play games with my comfort. That's why I rock Tommy John underwear. We're talking luxury soft I mean butter salt fabrics up to four times more stretch than the competing brands. It supports you, shapes you, keeps everything where it needs to be. See, I can't be shifting my focus when I'm talking to a guest. That's why I love Tommy John. They have stay put waistbands that means no rolling or bunching and quick draw fly listen. That's true innovation. It's a game changer when it's go time, fast, easy, no fumbling. And Tommy John only uses premium fabrics like lensing modal the global gold standard and breatheable fibers with over thirty million pairs of soul There are thousands of guys out there more comfortable than you, and I'm one of them. Tommy John is the underwear for me because Tommy John is comfort perfect. Listen, I don't tell you anything, I don't rock. Go to Tommy John dot com for twenty five percent off your first order cold nightcap. I'm trying to put you on game. What's up, y'all? Is your favorite dounk here a proud partner of road Sparks. You ever had one of those nights the energy is hitting just right. Maybe you're watching a movie, you're laughing, she school, sitting a little close on the couch, and boom, it's on.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: In these moments, you can't get caught slipping. You gotta be ready to perform like it's the big game, you hear me. And that's where Roast Sparks come in. These bad boys. Is all right under your tongue, No waiting, no water, no worries. And here's the kicker. That dual action formula states active up to thirty six hours. Now, you won't be a wreck for thirty six hours, but when the moment hissed, you'll be ready to go again and again and again and again and again if necessary. You're ready to rise to the occasion road sparks, You get harder, your more control, and everybody leaves the room with a smile. That's what I call a win rope. Connects guys with a medical provider one hundred percent online if approved treatments, ships direct to your door.
Speaker 2: If prescribed.
Speaker 1: New sexual health patients get fifteen dollars up their first order of roast sparks on a reoccurring plan connect a road.
Speaker 2: Connect you with a.
Speaker 1: Provider at ro dot co slash nightcap to find out if prescription roast sparks are right for you. That's our dot co slash nightcap for fifteen dollars off your first order. Roast Sparks is a compounded drug product. Compoundy drugs are permitted to be prescribed under federal law, but are not FDA approved and do not undergo FDA safety effectiveness or manufacturer reviews. For full safety info, go to ro dot co slash safety info. Say, fellows, stay confident, stay ready, and let them sparks fly when the moment is just right. Good ending ladies and gentlemen. Well that was ani climactic. There weren't very many good games today. Well there was one. I think San Antonio game was very good. In the Cleveland and Toronto game was great. Unfortunately, I don't know if a whole lot of people are watching that, but it was a great ball game. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite unk and there's my partner in co host, the Liberty City Legend, the Bengal Ring of Fame Honoree. He's a former pro bowler and an All Pro from the Cincinnati Bengals. That is Chad o Cho Senko Johnson and the third member of the Big Three. Yeah you got a little yeah, you know, got a little selfy problem fired. That's gun you in earlier today or got day? Also se time Yeah all star, seven time NBA All Star from the Atlanta Hawks. That is smooth Io Joe Johnson. You're Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your pot podcast from. We would personally like to thank each and every one of you for your eyes, ears, and your word of mouth. None of this is possible without you, So again, Thank you for your support, and you'll continue support. Those looking to purchase a bottle of shave by Lapotier head over to La Portier Kannak dot com to purchase you a bottle if it's currently unavailable in a state or sending near you. Here's a premium VESLP Kanyak, the best tasting, smoothest VESLP Kanyak on the market. It's a VSOP, but it drinks like an X, so don't take my word for it. Compare it against kanyaks you may have tried or are looking to try, and you'll see you'll be able to taste the difference immediately. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. The Rockets win Game four. Now we will have a fifth game in La on Wednesday night. I think that would definitely do Lebron James some good because that is now he has forty eight hours and he didn't play very much in the fourth quarter, but the Lakers lose one to fifteen to ninety six.
Speaker 2: The Lakers leave the series three to one. Game five.
Speaker 1: It's Wednesday, Nla, Joe. I thought Lebron said the temple early about high. They were on some bull drive. He was on some bull drive early and his teammates followed suit. The only guy that came to play the night was d A. Yeah, this is what we've been looking for. Nin to twelve, one on one from the free throw line, ten rebounds, you only had two turnovers. This is the da we were looking for. Yeah, everybody go ahead, Joe, everybody else. Seen a bit lethargic today on Joe. You know, I don't want to say satisfied, because I think they understood, you know, what was at stake, you know, meaning if they could close close these guys out. But it's hard to close the team out, fellas, when when they back against the wall, you know, they like wild dogs out there.
Speaker 2: You hear me, Hey, yeah, give them a look, you give them a little life.
Speaker 3: Hey, they gonna play better. It's probably the best game they played all series.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: But you said something very interesting, Joe. When you give them life, you gotta jump on them and not give them a reason to play. They gave him a reason to play. Yeah, all of a sudden, you started turning the ball over. I don't know why, Marcus, Marcus, how many times are you gonna try to jump to throw the ball out of bounds and they're gonna bring it back. Now you've done that. That's about the third of the fourth time you've done that. At some point in time, you got to come to the realization, bro, you know what, the risk is not worth The reward is not worth the risk, right Lebron. Lebron had as many turnovers as damn near points. He had nine assists, eight turnovers and ten points, and he got that late in the ball game. He probably shouldn't even played any in the fourth quarter because they weren't coming back. I can see if that you had shown some signs of life at any point in time in the game.
Speaker 2: Joe, Oh, Joe, And so you let them play.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna give you guys five minutes to try to cut this thing down to ten and then we'll go from there. But what had you seen. They couldn't make a three, They couldn't make any shots. They just constantly turned the ball over. They shot good from the floor when they weren't turning it over. When you have twenty turnovers and with five minutes still to go in the third quarter, you're not winning that game.
Speaker 2: Period.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be tough. It's gonna be tough. You put so much pressure on yourself. Man, I thought the Lakers would have, you know, came out on and really tried to put these boys away. But obviously, like like I said, man, you hey, you give a young team like this who hadn't made shots this whole series, Ojo, Now they started to make a few shots.
Speaker 2: What's gonna happen? Get excited, get confident, you go.
Speaker 4: But also also, Uncle Joe, you know, we can't discredit God damn the Rockets now, especially defensively. We're talking about all the turnovers that the Lakers had, some on their own, but hell, crashing, the crashing, the goddamn boards. The defense that the Rockets played made the Lakers turn the ball over most of the time. There were there a few, there are a few casions Lebron turned over. There a few Cadses and Marcus Smart turned over. But the defense that they was playing, hell, they God damn, I forgot young boy name nigga picking Lebron up ninety five feet, Hey, but ninety four feet, Man, let me get that. Let me get them cookies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, let me let me have that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel you on that, Ojo. You definitely got to get a rockets, credit bro. They came and they competed. I mean, at some point they was gonna have a pretty decent game, and tonight was the night.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact, I think the Lakers was chilling you hear me, Joe Welling, Hey, corporations, sponsors, they had bills to pay.
Speaker 2: So we don't we don't.
Speaker 5: We don't want to sweep this thing.
Speaker 4: We don't want to Let's get let's get the boards a game and extended a little bit so we can keep making his money. I understand that I'm not listening. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. Conspiracy theorists. I'm just I'm just come on that.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, I agree with you on the bottle lebron and them turnovers and eight turnovers. You know that The disheartening thing is it's because you know, he know better. Yes, you know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, I'm sure if he looked, if he sees the stat sheet, he gonna tell him say, he gonna man, ain't no wearing here. I could be out here getting no eight turnovers. I gotta be better because we put the ball in your hands. He that just can't happen for them to.
Speaker 1: Win, No, Joe, he tried to damn a three quarter court bounce pass between two defenders and try to hit Ruy on a dead sprint.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, hey, you know he think he got a little magic get him now, Yeah, I know he think he got a little magic getting But at.
Speaker 2: That point in the game, was it what's the reward?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're like, oh, you see that pass, but you turn it over and the thing and and and and look you think you shoot fifty percent. You shot eighty one percent from the free throw line, which isn't bad. You rebounded the team, but you turned the ball over twenty three times. The uh the Rockets had seventeen steals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seventeen steals.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: They were competing. They were competing today.
Speaker 1: And this is not to take anything, but the Lakers weren't competing. You can't tell me you saw you've we've seen the Lakers over the last week, the last week.
Speaker 2: The society lived last week. So it's eight days. Yeah, you tell me, at what point game did you see them?
Speaker 1: And you're like, oh, man, they didn't compete like they did Game one, Game two, they damn sure didn't compete like they did Game three, because Game three, they they were down six with under thirty and they came back.
Speaker 2: You won.
Speaker 1: That is competing. That what that performance that they put on today? Yeah, I don't know what that was. All you did was give this team confidence. Not this team believed they can beat.
Speaker 6: Your assay, you gonna have you, Hey, Joe, Oh Joe, they're gonna catch Hell close them if they try to close, they're gonna catch Hill on Wednesday night, you think so?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 5: And kt KT playing Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Hungh, he probably should be yeah yeah, hey.
Speaker 4: Hey, Lebron was probably tired, Uncle Joe, you think you think you were signed?
Speaker 1: Of course, because he came out trying to facilitate. He was trying to get everybody else going first, and then he's like, okay, when y'all need me a little late, but then it's too late. You're already down fifteen, you down seventeen, it's too late now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you out of rhythm? Yeah, hey, Lebron is a rhythm guy.
Speaker 1: If you notice Lebron games, when he's going good, he'll be able to keep it going. But he's not one of those guys that cannot that that doesn't get it good going early and then be able to pick it up. That's not what he is, nah, hey, and that's why that's why he got off to that slow start when he came back early in the year.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, obviously the Lakers have been playing great. You got Luca and Ar leading away, and he didn't want to get in the way of that. And that's what I was telling you. I'm like, Man, he come out with this facilitating mode early. It's hard for him to kind of get in rhythm and get going when when he needed to. That's why the first what the first twenty some games, he was asking like eighteen to twenty points, you know, when it could have been it could have been a lot better. But I think I think the Rockets really feel like they can come back and win this series.
Speaker 2: Fellas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I said, I'm telling you what I think they think. Oh, I think I'm saying if they feel like KD gonna be ready by Wednesday, man, that's that's that's that's a few days KD.
Speaker 2: Gonna be ready.
Speaker 3: I think they really feel like if they can go to LA and get one just to bring it back to Houston.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, un you said something interesting too, man, you said something interesting. You think about Lebron when he came out of high school and where his game was high, his game has evolved to this point, And you just said something that I would think because he's so good at what he's what he's done, being able to evolve, being able to adapt, you know, to to change, and the way the game has changed, and as he's gotten older, his game has had to change along the way as well.
Speaker 5: And you said he's a rhythm guy.
Speaker 4: That he can't he can't facilitate and just pick up and just pick it up right away. That he has to have himself in the rhythm just to get going. You would think someone like him doesn't need that.
Speaker 2: Nah, it's hard, it's hard, O Choe.
Speaker 1: He needed to see a couple of shots go down early, yeah, and then you know he got I mean, I think he had a couple of assists before he even took any shots. Yeah, and then he got a couple of shots, and then he went back to facilitated. He smoked another layup kind of got him out of rhythm. He smoked two layups got him out of rhythm. As a guy, if you kind of like out of rhythm, you just need to see the ball go in. Yeah, And once he sees the ball.
Speaker 3: Go in, I was like okay, because I was like, okay making his free throws tonight.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, that's a good side there. You're not you're not clanking the free throws. And then for whatever reason, he just couldn't get anything to fall. U turn around, his turnaround wasn't going. Then he get it back again and he hit the side of the backboard. The three ball didn't fall for him. It was just they were just out of source tonight. And there's yeah, he should have been tired. Forty one having to play forty four, forty five minutes now, that's that's that's more than any forty one nobody's playing that kind of those kind of minutes. And what was expected of him because at the end, late in the ball game, you're gonna have the ball in his hands.
Speaker 2: So it's a lot on his plate. But give the Rockets credit.
Speaker 1: The Rockets like, we're not getting swept, We're not going down without a fight. This is what I may have been trying to compete. Whatever happens happens, Just compete and let the chips fall where they may. You see guys getting on the floor. You see guys getting in the passing lane. You see a lot of deflections. That means that they were competing tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you don't see guy, you don't see the rockets out there with too much indecision on what it is they're trying to do. They're very decisive on their shot taking, you know what I mean, being aggressive, attacking, attacking the guys on the offensive end and defensively, they just more physical on the picking rolls, on the switches. You know, they just trying to cause havoc man and to to kind of go back to Lebron.
Speaker 2: He don't.
Speaker 3: It's like when he started the game, you can kind of tell what kind of night is gonna be for him, because if he's not assertive right away in the first five to six minutes, Ojo, you can tell like he's just coming out picking rolls just to pass. He ain't coming out yes, be aggressive or none of that. He just coming off to make a play, make a pass. And it's kind of maybe it was fatigue that that that's kind of got him. I think these couple of days of rest, you know, a guy like that, obviously arguably the greatest ever played the game. You know, the next game five? He don't, he don't. He don't want to go back to Houston. He knows the importance of it. Yeah, he knows, he knows. He's been in this situation. Remember what he said, Let's go get one. They got one and say, hey, let's bring it back home game five. Hey, let's go to go to their place. We're gonna win game five at our place. We're gonna go back to their place, I mean coming well. They won game five.
Speaker 1: And and and uh and and debate in Golden State. They brought game six back. Now the pressure, all that pressure is on Golden State. They don't want to come back.
Speaker 2: No, sil.
Speaker 1: Remember no team has ever come back from O three. Now, eventually it's going to happen. We've only seen it in I think one sport. I think baseball. The Yankees was up three to zero on the Red Sox. Red Sox came all the way back because as you lose games, pressure more and more pressure starts to mount. Yeah, hey, damn, okay, they ended up getting one. Now they come back, they get another one in your place. Now you got pressure on you. They go back and get another one. At their place. Oh damn, now we got a game seven. We were just up three. Oh but guys, damn, now it's one game. It winna take off. They ain't got nothing to lose. And but yeah, I agree with you, Joe. You could tell early on he was looking, he was coming off, he wasn't looking to get downhill. And maybe maybe maybe forty five minutes took something out of his legs. Yeah, maybe maybe it took something out his legs. Yeah, but I think you'll see more of an effort next game getting his ass down.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: He coming up that pick, looking to get downhill, and yeah, he might pass it, but it's gonna be a lobbed to d or Jackson Hayes because he's gonna look pressure, look to put pressure on the defense.
Speaker 2: He's got you, he's got you.
Speaker 4: He got and Joe, they got forty eight hours the rest right. Yes, they're gonna be fine. They gonna they're gonna close it out.
Speaker 2: Then think about it. They probably gonna have aar probably gonna come back. I was I could see a scenario where r is playing. Yeah, I think are gonna come back.
Speaker 5: Hey, Joe, I don't think that's smart though.
Speaker 2: He ain't got but a real real.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying. I'm just saying.
Speaker 4: I mean, i'd rather, you know, reserve yourself, just stay all over health to get all the way back healthy.
Speaker 5: Just wait for the next series because i mean, look, listen, you can't change that on yo. Hey the series three one.
Speaker 4: Now you know the Rockers don't have enough firepower to come back from you.
Speaker 1: You make it seem like the Lakers got a full got a full roster if you do realize most of these guys started the backups.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, yeah, okay, Hey, hey, word on the street is Steven Adams over there looking good too? So hey, hey they get they get a couple of guys back, a couple of venching guys back.
Speaker 2: O yo, yeah, anything a shake, bro.
Speaker 3: Game five is a pivotal game for the Lakers, and I'm gonna just keep it real. If I'm if I'm the Lakers, I'm throwing, I'm throwing the whole kitchen.
Speaker 2: Sing bro, I'm treated like Game seven.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, I ain't trying to go back to Houston, bro.
Speaker 5: All best off.
Speaker 4: Hey man, he was the ref to knight Man, who was the ref acting like he like like he another player would it looked like, man, yeah, hey, he has serned himself too much into the game.
Speaker 5: Just man, come on with what we doing?
Speaker 2: O Joe? O Joe.
Speaker 3: He trying to He's trying to take his ass home. They out here trying to fight. It's the end of the game, game over. With all this test stocks strong out here. You got guys who want to get a chance to play, you know, shout out to him.
Speaker 2: I got three row and Nick Smith Jr. To raizor backs for the Lakers. They got a chance. Hey man, hey, it's a lot of test star strom sitting over on that bench.
Speaker 4: Bro, Hey, show coach, I'll compete, trying to ref trying to go home.
Speaker 5: Joe, Yeah, you ain't.
Speaker 3: Trying to go home, so he ain't. He ain't for the deal with all that, y'all. Every trip down court, somebody in each other's face trying to fight. Damn, you gonna take your and to the back, You take your ad to the bank.
Speaker 1: We go home tonight. You're right, that's that's basically what he said. Hey, you get out, get out?
Speaker 2: Oh you w t Yeah. I don't want to hear it now, don't know.
Speaker 3: Ain't no explaining, man, We got three minutes left and the last fol trip. It's almost being a little little scrap man.
Speaker 2: Please don't sit back there now.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey Joe, he looking at like what I do. Don't worry about it. You figured out in the back.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 4: The only one, the only one that was worthy of being thrown out was eight. And I'm not sure why he threw his elbow up there like.
Speaker 1: That, because he got because if you look at a slinsh and goon, he's always trying to dis lodge you off that square. If you notice he's coming in right and he hey, his little body, I mean you look at it up top of me, like he ain't got nothing, but he's got a little body.
Speaker 3: If it's little, all his strength is in his little body. If you notice he comes in, he moving guys off that spot. Yeah, hey, this is this is it made dokah. This is the type of guy he is his Hey, look, he been trying to get his player, especially these young guys, to take on his personality, you know, junk it up, you know, making an ugly game.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: Stop letting these dudes just get to the spot, you know, push shove, catch you at the catch him at a three point line making work to get to this block. Hey man, when you look, when you look at all these series in the NBA, the physicality just goes up by by each and every game. How many times y'all we see somebody on the floor tonight. Hell how many times brun hit the date tonight? Yeah, they're hard fire not let it get to the real Yeah, listen, you think y'all just gonna come in here, swag and serve the whole game.
Speaker 2: Now, we ain't going. We ain't going. You're gonna put this ailbow?
Speaker 5: Would you say Joe didn't not finna come in here?
Speaker 2: What swag and surf all game?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, Joe, I made told him we ain't finish see this tonight.
Speaker 2: Now, none of that. I want to see if you do that one time, I'm snatching your ass out the game. I none of this. Yeah, none of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, hey, y'all see at the end of the game. Yeah, they couldn't even walk to the locker room and the boy walking by the up in their shoulders and everything. Man, we gotta get into your head, yeah, we we gotta find some way to gain an edge over you Lakers.
Speaker 2: Even though y'all up in the series. We just want a game.
Speaker 3: I got my young boys who gaining super confidence from this hey man, who knows? Who knows what can happen in game five? Let's let's see, let's do all the little things we can to piss them off. I don't care what it is to aggravate them, you know, make them get out their game. You see Aiden went to the back. Let's see we can get somebody else kicked out.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, you see, uh Luke is getting hard and harder for Luke to put them numbers up.
Speaker 2: Eh yeah, yeah, hey the physicality.
Speaker 1: Physicality, and what do they do on the other end, they're tacking it. Yeah, they're not letting them rest. They put who they put in the pick and roll every time him, Yeah it is him or eighting because they know Aiden wants to drop, so they know they're gonna be get able to get any shot they want. If they want to get a three, they want to get a one, a one dribble inside the three. Gonna be able to get that because eight and he's not wanting to come up now. He wanted to catch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And when you look at when you look at Luke Canard. He was due for, you know, a game like this, Okay, I mean hell. He had been shooting fifty three fifty four from from the field and from the three, averaging twenty one a game in this series.
Speaker 2: So I kind of I ain't.
Speaker 3: Gonna say I expected it, but I didn't expect for him to continue to play at that level. Now, going back home game five, I can see him picking back up, you know, getting things going again, getting things ripped up, because they all lost a lot of minutes in that game four, I mean game three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're on the older side. They're not young, like like those guys in Houston. How all this Thompson twenty one? Shin Goon probably ain't more than twenty four to twenty five. Yeah, and them boy got batteries in their leg. Yeah, sill Man, what shin gooon is?
Speaker 2: Twenty three? How all this Thompson? He came to twenty one? Yeah about twenty one?
Speaker 5: Only twenty three?
Speaker 1: Twenty three Smith Smith cannot be Lebron played against Smith junior. Lebron played against his dad.
Speaker 2: I did you.
Speaker 1: Play His dad played at LSU when I was in Arkansas. Thompson's twenty three Shoon twenty three, Howl Smith Smith twenty two. Damn So the kid that Lebron's son damned old than those guys, so he old him to be their dad. He out there playing against them, man, them leg think them leg don't bounce back like that him, who you are you infit the bounce back like that, that kind of those kind of minutes under that kind of intensity.
Speaker 2: Right, it's tough, bro.
Speaker 3: It's tough because you because you probably not probably, but you're playing more minutes than you played in the regular season because oh.
Speaker 2: Way way boy, they kept Hi Moron thirty three, thirty four Joe. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And and it's way more intense, you know what I mean, Like, it's way way more inten it's way more physical, you know. It's it's hey, man, it's rough. It's rough when you get older and you playing all the minutes. We seeing Lebron defining, you know, father time, which is great to see. I enjoy watching him play, but you know, at some point sometime it kind of catch up with him. But I think on Wednesday, for sure, Game five fellas, he'll be looking to put them boys away. Yeah, oh yeah, hey, forty eight hours, he'll be an opportunity to double up on the treatment, the cold tub, the.
Speaker 2: Stem, the massage therapy, the stretching.
Speaker 3: He probably gonna sleep in his hyper Yeah, he probably gonna sleep in his little hyper bear chain.
Speaker 2: Oh that yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think it was Tiger that had his whole Tiger had his whole bedroom hyperbaric did it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You ever did that? You have in that hyper bed? Yeah, I've been in the hyperbag chamber. I used to be in it all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh tell you no, sir, Joe.
Speaker 4: The extent I went was the cold tub hot about contrast, back and forth for about five minutes, five minutes cold, three minutes hot, five minutes cold.
Speaker 2: I did it.
Speaker 5: I did it about.
Speaker 4: Maybe about four times, back, back, back and forth and everything. Yeah, all that hyper hyper hyper what you said?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I ain't with that. But when TiO, when TiO was with us, Joe, yeah, h boy, he do not play boy.
Speaker 4: He had the hyperbaric chamber. He had all types of all types of gadgets and caps and capsules.
Speaker 5: I'm like, man, what is you doing? Oh yeah, hey, he don't play about it.
Speaker 2: You think they do it? What you think these guys doing now? Hyperbaric chamber red light therapy south south bound, Brandy.
Speaker 1: All those quarterbacks doing it, all those guys doing it, that's what they're doing it.
Speaker 2: I mean, think about the kind of money you make it, right, why would you not do it? Yeah, you're right, trying to prolong their career. Yeah.
Speaker 1: If somebody say, okay, I'm making here, I am how old Chase twenty six, I'm making forty million twenty six, who can say I can't be making forty.
Speaker 2: Five at thirty thirty? Hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, and you know more, now you know more. A lot of this stuff that's coming out wasn't no red light when we came in. Wasn't no hyperbaric chamber when we came in. And as guy started to understand, man, what y'all do you know? That's why everybody goes tray? Where do you think? Where is the the Olympic training facility? There is in Colorado Springs? Yes, altitude over seven thousand. It forces your body to produce more red blood cells because of oxygen.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir.
Speaker 1: So when you go places, what you see you see Sebastian Sale sub two minutes two hour marathon.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, ran twenty six point where twenty six miles at four thirty three a mile.
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: He was Trent that came in third.
Speaker 3: He went sub two minutes, I mean two hours one fifty nine thirty one and another guy went two hours in twenty five, two hours and thirty something seconds.
Speaker 4: You heard me, huh you know how? You know how fast? Four minutes and thirty seconds? Every mile is hell.
Speaker 3: It's not just one o jo, it's mile after mile, mile after Yeah, I'm talking about you booking.
Speaker 5: You gotta be booking.
Speaker 4: You gotta remain consistent and once you catch that rhythm, you got to stay there the whole time.
Speaker 5: And what stayed there?
Speaker 1: Where is he from Kenya? Where did they come from the real valley East East Africa? The legendary kept Kano. They trained at altitude. That's why everybody go to Big Bear, to the boxers where they ojo Big Bear ma'amo. They go to flight, they go to a flax that Arizona, Yeah, seven thousand. They go to high altitude training. It forces the body. You see them they put these masses on because it forces your body. Absolutely accident. Most of the work. There ain't nothing but heart and lungs. Any damn. Wait, the men wear. The men weigh one fifteen, the women weigh ninety.
Speaker 2: Tell.
Speaker 3: The shoes weigh as much as they do, and the shoes weigh ninety seven grams, so they two hundred grams to shoe.
Speaker 2: So they left the three hundred grad with shoes on. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now they're gonna have people to go out there to buy those hot five hundred dollars shoes.
Speaker 2: Y'all not fit to run that? Okay?
Speaker 4: Hey, that's years and years and years and years of training, years of training.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, that's helldo that was the guy? Hold on?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think it was the guy. One of the guys.
Speaker 1: This was only his first marathon and he was like two hours. So the marathon, you get kenyms and you get the Ethiopias.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. He matter of fact, women and men, that's it.
Speaker 4: Hey, you probably know better than I do when it comes. And let's say, for reference, the Boston Marathon. Yeah, how many miles is the Boston Marathon.
Speaker 2: It's twenty six miles. That's a marathon.
Speaker 5: Twenty six miles, okay, yes, and.
Speaker 2: That guy just ran a mile. He just ran twenty six miles to less than two hours.
Speaker 5: Jesus Christ. Do people understand how far twenty six miles.
Speaker 4: Is, well, no running, I think they do when you driving twenty six miles is far? Yeah, But then to keep the pace that he kept every mile for two hours, it's insane.
Speaker 1: He's probably running. He's probably running about twelve twelve point two. Just go, hey, just get on your treadmill, turn it up to twelve miles an hour, and just got to stay there as long as you can.
Speaker 2: Boy, that's a whole sprint.
Speaker 5: But what are you telling?
Speaker 1: Everything is a sprint now? It used to be the sprints wor a sprint. Now everything is a sprint. The eight hundred is a sprint, The mile is a sprint, the steeple chase is a sprint. Everything is a sprint.
Speaker 2: Look at the women. The women broke the world record. She went to fifteen.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: They had like six guys at the half marathon was like an hour at the half.
Speaker 1: Man, what you gonna eat before something like that? He said he had two slices of bread, he had honey, and he had tea. Wow, that's what he said.
Speaker 2: He consumed. Man, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Look, I don't know how you guys have done it, but I've had my heart rate up damn near max one hundred. I will say one hundred and seventy five one hundred and eighty hundred and ninety beats for two and a half hours.
Speaker 2: What you're talking about?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: I mean it feels like every time you take a breath somebody put a bag over your head and shorten it.
Speaker 2: What you was doing?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 2: On this on the bike? I was in spin class. Hey you take you were take a spin class? I used to Okay, hey, the class is fun though.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, everybody know if you ever went the flywheel and you saw the name up on the board, yeah, with the spin doctor. Yeah, I was to spend doctor. Spend doctor in California. You was in Charlotte, You was in Miami, You was in New York, you was in Boston. Man, who is the speed doctor famous?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was famous. They didn't know about yourself. Yeah I was.
Speaker 1: Because the way they would do it is that they would put the top ten whoever had the top the top ten. Uh as far as wattage, so the wattage r p ms distance. They made me mad because somebody sknok in there and got one of the spots. I say, I tell you what. Ain't nobody making the leader board this week but me?
Speaker 5: You you got that kind of endurance.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, you ain't ever done fly wheel where they got like the big screen they show you who leading in class and all that.
Speaker 4: Hey, Joe, I don't even I didn't even know they had we had access and stuff like that down here in Miami.
Speaker 2: Joe, what's the other one name? What's what's the other one name?
Speaker 3: They got that class as you're talking about class. Uh, it's like the it's it's like yellow and white or something. Yeah, and they be dancing up in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Soul cycle? Whose cycle? Cycle cycle too? Oh yeah, Hey, I was saying, I used to take like six classes of the day. I used to go to uh.
Speaker 3: In the Beverly Center and down at the Beverly Hills one. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I used to go to the one in New York.
Speaker 2: Oh did you Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah that sould cycle something. Boy ain't been a whole vibeing the Oh Joe, they be dancing, they be.
Speaker 1: That's in Atlanta, Joe, Uh yeah, I got him in Miami too. Yeah, I'm sure they do got soul cycles in Miami.
Speaker 2: I doubt that.
Speaker 6: Joe GPS Miami your owner of the Dolphins, and he owns them, mister mister Ross. Yeah, I think he owned soul Cycle and the Equinox him. I think the same same umbrella.
Speaker 5: Hey, you was right. Soul Cycle on twenty three, twenty five Collins Avenue, Miami Beach. Oh Joe, he asked me how far it is from here from where I live.
Speaker 2: Probably forty five minutes, probably a.
Speaker 5: Mile five minutes, forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Oh oh your way out? That what?
Speaker 3: What? Oh?
Speaker 2: You're talking about? Soul Cycle. It's on Collins. That's down on South Beach.
Speaker 5: Oh you know you have been there.
Speaker 2: I think it's at the One hotel if I ain't mistaken. Okay, Oh Joe, Oh, Joe be getting like, oh Joe, we gotta watch him. You know what I'm saying. We gotta watch o Joe.
Speaker 3: Now, Hey, when it comes to some fitness, now your born and tried it all. Now I love me for soul Cycle, fly wheel, I should do all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's see, that's that's how I was, Joe. See that's how I was. I tried here, the thing I did, the cross fit, I done, did it all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they see the stuff y'all like to do. I need to be moving, Joe, like playing tennis, like playing soccer. I need to be on a big field. When it comes to people trying to give me to play pickleball, I can't. I don't want to play pickball because it ain't enough room.
Speaker 5: For you to move.
Speaker 4: I got to be active in moving like I know, Uh, like pilates. You enjoyed plate, I'm sure you enjoyed flight as well. Joe used to love yoga, whether it's whether it's brickham yoga or hot yoga.
Speaker 5: Yeah, whatever, whatever it may be. I can't sit still, Joe.
Speaker 4: I got I gotta be moving around. I got to be doing something. Oh he got real ADHD Yeah no, no, no, I.
Speaker 2: Just Joe, Joe.
Speaker 5: I still got all my athleticism. Like nothing had to tear it.
Speaker 2: You can still have athleticism, Joe, Joe.
Speaker 4: That that's not it, man, I just can't sit that. I mean to me, it's boring, Joe. I'm just being just being still stretched like people. Hey, people try to get me to go play golf.
Speaker 3: Unk.
Speaker 4: They always invite me to golf golf stuff, and I'm like, I'm just sitting there like being out.
Speaker 2: In the sun.
Speaker 1: I ain't being at the sun no more than getting in my car and going into a building and getting back in my car and bringing my black at home over the garage and let the garage. Hey, Joe, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: When I can't run no more and I and I like, I really lose it and I can't hang with the people that I like to compete and play with, I would definitely go into you know, soul cycle or going to pilates and going to yoga.
Speaker 5: I start golfing because I can't do it no more.
Speaker 2: I'm just a homebody. I left my h I left my house for the first time today in like four days. We went. I mean I went.
Speaker 1: I went and got some I went and got Chick fil A and I got orange juice the other day. Huh, No, I left today. I only went when I got home Wednesday. I've been home. You being home playing with your dollars. You'd be back there in the backyard playing that little being bag. I'll be watching TV. I'll be watching Sporting Advance and you know, like, okay, what we're gonna talk. We're gonna talk about this. I'd be trying you know, you know, taking notes and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 1: I've never been a person that liked to go. I've never been that person. Man, we going here, Okay, have fun. Hey, hey, Joe guy, you coming time? Hey searp Hey man, we're gonna be in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: What you doing. Have a good time? Hey you Hey, I got to really really really really rock with you for me to leave my house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we Hey, I mean we me and men unc damn that, Joe, Me and unc damnitar about the same.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 4: Like, when I leave a house, if somebody was after me, Uncle, they'll be able to find me already know where I'm going. Hey, do you know, Joe, all they got to do is go to cigar ball right then, Pines, We're gonna find it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be right there.
Speaker 5: Every day gym in the morning.
Speaker 2: But I go so early.
Speaker 4: I go so early, Joe, I get up, I take my daughter to school drop off. As soon as I drop off, I hit the gym real quick after. Jim, I gonna do my soccer practice at at about nine thirty right here, right here, Flamingo Parka.
Speaker 5: Joe, I'm at the house, I'm.
Speaker 2: On the game.
Speaker 5: I picked my daughter up at two o'clock.
Speaker 2: Bring a home. Help with her homework. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm been struggling. I help my daughter with her math math question.
Speaker 3: Unk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she came back all that wrong.
Speaker 1: Look when my mom come to town, Shelley comes because he like, I want Shelley to come because you ain't gonna do nothing. Gonna take her to the casino and walk, you know, and take her to the store, then take it to the No, don't come here think you're gonna do something. My sister come. She don't want to do nothing. My sister don't want to do anything. She'll have Shelley door dash your food. She's like, Shelley, I need some chips. I need like two bags of chip. I need some some English muffins. I need some sausage biscuits.
Speaker 2: I need X y Z. That's it, Hey, you don't keep we all like that.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: My brother will drive to a golf event. But he came, like I said, he came and spent Chrystmas, spent stayed with me two days. That the first time we had been together for Christmas since nineteen eighty seven before he went into the draft. Because actually where he went to the league, and then all of a sudden I was in the league, and so this was the first time we spent together.
Speaker 2: We will leave the house and you ain't got no snacks in the house. Up, Yeah, I got some snacks. That's a little something something you say. I know you say. But when my sister come.
Speaker 1: Every see my sister take everything whatever whatever food Like if she go out and we get I order something, my sister go freeze it and put it in her carry on and she gonna take it back. She take bread, she takes chills, she takes sausage, biscuits, she takes everything that you know we're gonna throw.
Speaker 2: I'm goa throw it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what Joe, you got snacks in now?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: I got kids. Old Joe here, Yeah we got you gotta have some discipline over him. Man, you you do you want to have that boo?
Speaker 2: Gott it?
Speaker 3: Body, you gott it. You can't be and there eating them zuzus and win. Wa Now, I gotta I gotta keep this figure.
Speaker 2: I got to keep this on.
Speaker 3: Fakes small than the waistcute, the face. What you ain't girls like, Yeah, I remember what I had a Coca Cola.
Speaker 2: You still got it. It's just two leaders. It ain't that coke bolly, It's just a two leader. It's a keg Joe.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you guys remember, but they used to make three leader sodas. Y'all remember three liters soda.
Speaker 5: Yes, I never I ain't never seen.
Speaker 2: You tell me you had to live. You ain't live.
Speaker 3: You and Joe ain't never heard no bullhead clap. I said, hold on, how these jokes in the mist, and they never heard of that?
Speaker 5: Young We ain't never had it.
Speaker 2: I ain't never heard of that. Joe, you ain't hurt. You ain't never had the measles, the small parts. You heard of it. I think I heard of the clap, but I ain't heard of no boot what you said. I ain't never heard of that.
Speaker 5: I heard that. I was a good one yesterday I had. I had to google it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, that's what I used to take my sister the mastros. She takes off the bread, She take the bread, We take the bread home. She take her food, her shrimp. She bring that stuff home. She freeze it, put in the freezer. That thing going back home. My sister, she don't play, Nope, all the bread, everything. If only thing she won't take back is something like like juices or something other than that, anything that that's in a bag, or he's going back with her. Yeah, go ahead right now, overhead bed I said, Lord, haven't I said, I'm taking my food home. I don't know what you're talking about. Kevin Durant status is game the game, per I med Doka. He has not been ruled out for the series. Before the game, David Mcmanhimon reported that Kevin Durant teammates included Amen Thompson, had no idea what was going on with him, rasing questions about whether KD is rehabbing away from the team or whether his teams have been check in on him. But then Shawn's reported Kat came to the Rockets facility this morning for his rehab with the team's medical staff and participated in films session and meeting with teammates. The bone bruise has created swelling, stiffness, and lack of mobility in the ankle. Look, you know they reported that, I don't know. I didn't really pay a whole lot of attention to it, Joe, So maybe you and Ojo have about this berna phone. Yeah, how it cased some tensions in the locker room.
Speaker 2: Some things was.
Speaker 1: Said per the Berna phone, and I guess they traced it back to kat I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Chat y'all would know more than I do. Joe, maybe that's something you.
Speaker 1: Uh uh, because the other night, I didn't see Katie on the sideline. Now, I saw him tonight on the sideline, but I don't remember seeing him on Friday night.
Speaker 2: Joe, did you see do you know? I don't even think he was there. I don't think he was there.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, yeah, okay, but he definitely was there to night though, Okay, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Saw I saw him tonight. I saw him tonight. I don't know. I just I don't. I don't know. I don't either.
Speaker 3: You're talking about the Burner account. They talking about it. You talking about burn a phone.
Speaker 2: The burn account that he was tweeting from. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I've heard a little bit about it, but I don't really know much about it. I'm gonna be honest with you. And this was reached this was this year, right, Yeah, I think this was around the All Star game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean so he used a burner account just to defend himself.
Speaker 1: Probably, yeah, defend himself. And I guess he said something critical about his teammates. What I think he was critical of his teammates.
Speaker 3: So you think they take you think them, especially the young dude, y'all know, they take offense to that. They may not come out and say it, but when you're young, man, you you you hear some you know, any any negative criticism.
Speaker 5: You know, young guys like that Joe like that that they probably look up to.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah for sure. And it's your teammate, Hell yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean we all would have felt so type of way if our teammate says something about us, because this is the family. Your you know, your family say something about even though that's not blood. But you're in the mere fact because we always take the high road with our family. We might not like the guy, but he the best guy. He the best teammate X Y and Z we've ever played with.
Speaker 2: I don't rock with him.
Speaker 1: He got something going on his place. I ain't going right. That's just the way it is. Everybody. Look, we can be I'm friendly. That doesn't necessarily means i'm your friend, right, that's an l y friendly friends entirely two different things. Everybody in your workplace you're not friends with. You might be friendly, you might be cordial because you see that person on a daily basis.
Speaker 2: I ain't gotta rock with everybody.
Speaker 5: Wow, Hey, I think people need to be a little bit more. I too.
Speaker 4: And Joe he had Katie had a burner phone, right, But yea, he was one of the few. Joe I'm about one of the few. We talk about, one of the greatest scores of all time. One of the few players, regardless of sport, that sit there and engage with the fans. I mean literally sitting there, engaged with the fan, whether it's negative or positive. You know, Katie gonna go back and forth with you. You talk a little trash, You're gonna talk trash back.
Speaker 2: Oh, he definitely will, and he always he.
Speaker 5: The fact that we talk about this ain't just no regular athlete.
Speaker 2: We talk about a superstar.
Speaker 5: He's sitting there engaging with us common folk, you know.
Speaker 2: So, oh he definitely, Oh he definitely. Oh he definitely definitely.
Speaker 3: You say something slick to it, Oh, yeah, he coming at he gonna see it if you write something slick about him.
Speaker 5: He's gonna say yes, yes, yes, I think I think that's dope.
Speaker 4: I wish I wish more of the superstar athletes were a little bit open and show their personality a little bit more, you know, a little bit often. But they just you know, you know how they they know how they look at us common folks. Man, They don't they don't mess with.
Speaker 5: Us like that.
Speaker 3: Both stuff that have been in school, Like bro, we can't don't let them drag you down to their level, right because sometimes sometimes that's all people jumping on there to do you try to get you to say something.
Speaker 1: You go to a game, they're trying to say something to you to get you out of character. So the best way to stay in character is to not deal with them.
Speaker 4: What's the funny thing about it is when I go back and forth, see I'll be on that, I'll be on a cursion Joe, Joe, Joe, I'll be gonna you say something to me, I'm gonna say something back anyway.
Speaker 5: And that's really not me going out of character. That is my character. Yeah, that's always been me. So it's like okay, yeah, that's old shoe.
Speaker 2: Well, as a fan, the only thing they're trying to do really is get your attention. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And once they get your attention, and now they feel like they got you. You feel me, they'll say any damn thing to get your attention to.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm gonna tell you it's some fans I ain't who do their homework. Boy, Hey, hey, I'm serious. And when you come to town, yeah, they gonna know, and they gonna, hey, they gonna have signs up, they gonna be calling your name, and yeah, they gonna do their part.
Speaker 1: They know if you got the kids, you know baby mama, they know you know he you mad and you did something slick. It's a different It's different now. I remember when I first got into the league. You know, you might do a little something, report to see you. That wasn't nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now people, I mean the fans, fans wouldn't even put.
Speaker 2: You out there like that.
Speaker 5: Now the phone everywhere, man, and.
Speaker 1: Now with the camera phone, think about it, camera phone, and and and and what they call that thing?
Speaker 2: What I don't have? What I don't have? The uh no?
Speaker 5: The what is it?
Speaker 2: Email? Email?
Speaker 1: Think about how many? Think about how many? How many email and cell phones? Then brought men and women down. He got email, get you Hey, you said you said something perfect? Boy, they email, That's where they get you at See.
Speaker 3: You know people don't got to check your phone no more, bro, when they got their email, because they can get all your messages, text messages, phone calls. If they get your email, you think you you want to Yeah, they know every movie.
Speaker 1: Boy, they get that forensic and pull up everything. Hey, they pull up every picture you have since Twitter twelve. You think I don't know, I don't know what with cameraphones really came came into existence or whatever.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying they pull up everything. Is it a cloud somewhere.
Speaker 3: Joe might not be on your phone, but the cloud, and they'll reach up there and pull it out on yours. Hey, it made the world smaller when everybody got the phone, Boy, it did? It seems like automatically assume that when you out because you have you don't have, you know, uh, in a public place the right to privacy.
Speaker 1: Not at a public place you're trying to be a hotel. Hotel is private property. So there might be a situation with you know what we see going on with with Brabel, he has I got an expectation of privacy. I got expectation. This is a private property. He's like, you're shooting somebody at their home. I got an expectation of privacy here. Yeah, but you know them people don't care about that. They don't damn day, don't damn.
Speaker 3: That I seen old Joe is at the Low's Hotel, that you're trying to be you and trying to be Low.
Speaker 4: Hey, Joe, I don't even like that hypothetical, Joe, like even even as a hypothetical. I don't even know where the Low's Hotel at. The only loads I know is where you get construction and lumber from Joe?
Speaker 2: Just what did they see you there?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: Can I get up? No?
Speaker 3: Can't get no picture, bro, I got my Patty shoes on. I ain't tried to be heard or seen, not really