Speaker 1: Ridiculous Crime is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hi, Sarah, Elizabeth, what's up?
Speaker 3: Not much? How you've been I'm pretty good?
Speaker 2: Been good. I've been good.
Speaker 3: I've been good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I yes. How about you? You good?
Speaker 3: I'm yes.
Speaker 2: I think we're all good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, solidly good. I love your h What is that Giraft print?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Draft prints. Yeah, that was a cool graft onesie.
Speaker 2: I'd be so overheated in a onesie.
Speaker 3: Rh uh. You know it's ridiculous, I do. And I'm so glad you asked, because I've been just buckling over here waiting to tell you. Because it's like, Sarah, did you dream this? I'm like, no, I didn't. I checked. They didn't dream this. This is actually real. Imagine you're on a plane, right and you're in first class and you look over in first class with you are Charlie Sheen and Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 2: Oh nothing, seated.
Speaker 3: Together, traveling together? Thank you all? Amused?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Well. Charlie Sheen recently told the story, and I forgot because I left out my favorite part of the story. Charlie Sheen was carrying two ounces of cocaine on him. He was muling drugs with Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 2: Course he was.
Speaker 3: No, of course he was. The way he tells the story quote, they still had that curtain separating first class, so we'd pull the curtain back with the mic and say something really goofy and get a couple laughs. And then the mic winds up in Cage's grip and he saw the tone that we had set, but he chose to take it where he did. He impersonated the captain that he's not feeling well and he's losing control of the airplane. It was like right out of the movies, like you hear people start screaming, like there's always that high pitched female scream in the movies. That happened right. So we were in a panic, and he didn't know the amount of cocaine I had on me, two ounces in a fat ziplock taped to the inside of my inner thigh. So the steward walks right up to him and points him right in the face and says, not cool, mister, not cool. And that was about ten minutes before landing, so we kind of knew we might have company, but I still had a measure of good will with the passengers because nobody knew at that point, I was a drug so we were detained. Now it could get a lot worse. But it was that thing again where a couple of guys were Cage fans, a couple of guys were chine fans. We could feel it start to turn in our favor. Sorry, and that's when the first wave of relief hits. This is not going to be a life changing evening. So what right? I mean the idea that he's muling cocaine and he's like, you know who I should bring with me while I mule cocaine, Nicholas Cage, and then Nicolas Cage does what Nicolas Cage does, and Trojans like, oh man, and then these two charmed. The way out of things like that is just.
Speaker 2: Row up and row up, be a grown man.
Speaker 3: This is why crime is not fair. It's because some people just skate by on things like hey, I'm Charlie Sheen. Other people are like, I did the smallest thing and I lost.
Speaker 2: My whole life for exactly exactly ridiculous. That is ridiculous. Do you want to know what else is ridiculous? Messing with the house of brick, This is ridiculous. Crime. A podcast about absurd and outrageous capers. Heis and cons it's always ninety nine percent murder free and one hundred percent ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Are you damn right?
Speaker 2: I got a request for an episode from a long time day one.
Speaker 3: Rude dude Nice.
Speaker 2: He had something that he wanted to hear us talk about. And he's someone maybe the only person on this planet that I will do whatever he asks. Really, yeah, that rude dude is my nephew.
Speaker 3: I was wondering, who do you hook me on that last one? I was like, who could this guy?
Speaker 2: He is newly seven years old, no longer obsessed with Batman. His new love Legos. Oh yeah, all about I can see Legos. So I got him two sets for his birthday.
Speaker 3: Nice, and his only.
Speaker 2: Request is that they be for eighteen and over and have like thousands of pieces.
Speaker 3: He's so smart.
Speaker 2: Eighteen like adult Legos.
Speaker 3: I want the hardest ones you can Legos after Dark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just like, I don't want this children's stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that they did age categorizations by difficulty. Now he has the DeLorean from Back to the Future that he made articulated parts. It's huge. When I was a kid, Legos just like came in bins or whatever, and they were like all sorts of random colors and shapes and sizes and like you get what I'm talking about totally or.
Speaker 3: Also in the collection would be like you could do like say, one of five different things, and like the castle was the hardest, the barn is the easiest or whatever. Castle and barn.
Speaker 2: But you know, now, those buckets of bricks are hard to come by. They're all about sets now, and like you and I have adult friends who love Lego sets. Oh yeah, they buy the absolutely enormous ones to build. It's like a whole world out there, and I didn't really know about.
Speaker 3: It, Oh my god. And all the minifigure they call it minifigs, minifigs. It's all about those two because like there's rare ones, there's combinations, there's like I got to get this one hat or whatever.
Speaker 2: Right right, all the accessories. I've learned a lot about Legos lately, and when I learn about things, I always want to know how they can also be crimes? Do is this crime? Is this crime adjacent? Is this thing ever valuable? Can it be stolen or become like a fraud bearing item?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the answer Zaren is yes. And today I'm going to tell you about Lego crime. But first let's learn a little about Lego, shall.
Speaker 3: We Lego itself?
Speaker 2: Lego itself. It was August tenth, nineteen thirty two Billund Denmark, a carpenter named Ole Kirk christians started a business making toys, and in nineteen thirty four he renamed the company Lego. And this comes from the Danish phrase of leg gout, meaning play well ok. And the name also happens to mean I put together or I assemble in Latin.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a beautiful synchronicity.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Lego stayed Wooden into the nineteen forties, I remember this, Yeah, But after World War Two it was all about plastics, baby. So Christiansen he started experimenting with these like plastic injection molding technologies.
Speaker 3: Because before then is basically like Lincoln logs, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And so in nineteen forty nine Lego introduced these really rudimentary interlocking plastic bricks. And it was Ole Kirk's son, Godfred Kirk Christiansen who changed the game. So he took the helmet Lego the same year that his dad passed away nineteen fifty eight, Lego rolled out. It's now I bricks system. I don't think those two events were related, the death and the rollout. So they got that like stud and tube coupling design. They call it patented, and that's the design you see in the bricks today. And Godfred's time in charge saw this period of like absolutely crazy growth for Lego in the sixties and the seventies, Lego went from just like this Danish toy maker to an internationally recognized mega brand.
Speaker 3: I was wondering when they went international sixties.
Speaker 2: And sixties and seventies, and while the design didn't change, they just kept innovating and evolving. So in nineteen sixty nine they made Lego duplo blocks okay yeah, yeah, easy little hands, not a choking hazard, and they I don't think there is this painful to step on.
Speaker 3: Probably not, probably not.
Speaker 2: In nineteen seventy eight they launched Lego Minifigures anifigs, and those are those small posable figures with interchangeable snap on hair, the.
Speaker 3: Whole thing, the whole tame half the.
Speaker 2: Head, yeah, legs come off. Yeah. So Godfred's son killed Kirk Christensen, thank you, It's probably wrong. He became CEO in nineteen seventy nine, and he continued the expansion. He like went super worldwide.
Speaker 3: Their generation goes up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he started building Lego Land theme parks.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, he's the one.
Speaker 2: He's the one. So by the late nineties early two thousands, though, Lego was having serious money trouble. Why they expanded way beyond bricks, like the theme parks, video games, clothing, that sort of thing, okay, and they kind of neglected the bricks and so kids they're being sold video games and they forgot about Legos, right, kind of the way they forgot about Dre.
Speaker 3: Never forget about Dre.
Speaker 2: So by two thousand and three, two thousand and four, Lego was on the brink of bankruptcy. Really yeah, boo, we don't like that. This led to a may you're restructuring. So Jorgan Big Nudstorp, h that's not an Ikea product. That's a guy who was a former McKenzie consultant. He got named CEO and he was the first person outside of the Kirk Christensen family to lead the company. Right, So Nudstorp's turnaround strategy was like super precise. He divested the non core businesses so he sold the Lego Land parks to Merlin Entertainments.
Speaker 3: Interesting, but they.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they stayed Lego Land and the Christiansen's family holding company kept a steak okay, franchised it out. Yeah, and then he put the focus back on the core brick product. I love it, you know, you love fundamentals. So doing that involved rebuilding the company's entire licensing strategy. So they set up partnerships with Star Wars back in nineteen ninety nine, and then they just doubled down on it. They locked in Harry Potter, Marvel, Mario Brothers, a bunch of other major franchises. Yes, okay, and that's the Lego.
Speaker 3: We know today that all the kids know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the whole comeback was legendary. No other toy company had come back from the.
Speaker 3: Brink like that. Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Galube was looking up at Lego from the bottom of a cliff like whispering for them, like, just go on, make toys proud. That's a deep cut. Yeah. So Lego went from the brink of bankruptcy to being the world's largest toy maker by revenue.
Speaker 3: So this is what this is, like what Erector set never figured out how to correct.
Speaker 2: Correct. Ownership of the company is still in family hands. That family leadership recently passed to a fourth generation, and that's Thomas Kirk Christiansen. He took over his chair of the board of directors from his dad. The Kirk Christiansen family. As of twenty twenty two, it was the wealthiest family in Denmark net worth of about thirty two point eight billion dollars.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been good to them. Yeah, and the company is still doing bang up business. So they had twenty twenty four revenue of seventy four point three billion Danish kroner, which is like eleven point four billion American dollars. They had an operating income of about almost three billion US dollars net income of two point one two billion American dollars.
Speaker 3: Not bad.
Speaker 2: The world's largest toy company by sales. So those sets aren't cheap, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: No, I've been shopping for nieces and nephews one hundreds of.
Speaker 2: Dollars of some of them. The Death Star from Star Wars has almost ten thousand pieces and it costs a grand. Yeah. Then there's there's a segrata familia one. They've got the gouty cathedral that just completed almost one hundred and fifty years of construction.
Speaker 3: So did Lego have to wait for the last piece, the last piece that they release it? Now we can sell it.
Speaker 2: It's twelve thousand pieces and it sets you back eight hundred dollars and it takes one hundred and forty four years to complete. Just like the cathedral, it has like stained glass really inside. Yeah, So with those high dollar values.
Speaker 3: Comes crime naturally.
Speaker 2: All of the Lego crimes I have for you today are relatively recent, and I'm sure there are historical ones, but I think that right now is the ripest time for.
Speaker 3: These, yeah, because the value has gone.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we're at a stage where the sets are expensive and there's a collector's market, and so it's gone from kids toy, although the classic sets have always had ages four to ninety nine on the age range, and then to like an all ages craft system, to like collectors fetish, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: And also, by the way, once you turn a hundred, you can no longer play with Legos legally.
Speaker 2: Sorry you're restricted.
Speaker 3: Did you not see the box y?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you're gonna have to.
Speaker 3: It's a choking hazard. Put it down.
Speaker 2: And stuff.
Speaker 3: It's a choke.
Speaker 2: So you know, people like they get the boxes now, those types of things, they never opened the box, like those kind of oh wow, right into it.
Speaker 3: I didn't like that. When I was a kid, I'd have friends like that. They would buy like two of the same toy, they play with one, they put one in the box or keep it in the box, and I'd always be like, I'm a terrible person. I always be so tempted to like spill something on like.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I just don't get it, like you never did. That's that fetishization. The toy is a toy, do what you need, but it's like preserved for eternity.
Speaker 3: But then again, I'm also not rich, so I think there's a These are a one to one relationship, and those friends often hard hail. Well, well interesting, so put that did you do that math for yourself?
Speaker 2: Exactly? Well, Like, here's the other thing about Lego sets. They're small, light, universally recognized, carry no serial numbers, so they're untraceable. Oh yeah, and so the Lego atmosphere that we're living to move distributing siren called totally like come hither. So let's start with one that I find particularly hilarious. We've got Jirell Augustine. He's a twenty eight year old guy from Amount, California, and that's the city in La County between Bellflower and Compton. So this went down in like late twenty twenty five, early twenty twenty six. Oh real reason, Yeah, dateline, Irvine, California. So the Irvine Police Department, they are tipped off that someone had purchased and then returned two Lego sets together worth three hundred and fifty bucks from the target in Irvine. And like, buying something and returning it isn't a crime, but swapping the contents with something else's and what's that something else? Well, Augustine allegedly put dried pasta into Star Wars and Marvel lego boxes. Well yeah, well I'll tell you so it would like mimic that rattle and the approximate way of the bricks shifting around. He'd reseal the boxes, return them to Target stores for cash refunds. Sure, I investigated the greeny photos put out by the police department, and it looks like he was using Goya brand Elbow macaroni.
Speaker 3: Oh you really did the research.
Speaker 2: The research it was in like plastic bags. Because the bricks.
Speaker 3: Are individual may need a lot of different sound.
Speaker 2: Effects, and he hit them all. So the targets were deliberately chosen for their resale value. There's this Irvine PD public information officer Ziggy as our Cone. He told CBS News that the Star Wars and Marvel sets carry a really high value on the secondary collector's market, and they figured that like the bricks themselves were then sold off separately, so it wasn't just that he's returning them to get the cash back. There are all these online resale channels for collectible legosh like basically a flea market.
Speaker 3: My sister sells many figs that are like custom and she'll buy like whole lots and then pick out the ones that are valuable and then sell those as like I mean.
Speaker 2: There's a market. And then there was another incident in Orange County. A Target staffer opened a return box expecting lego bricks, found the dry pasta. So it wasn't just a one store, one state operation. Irvine police say Augustine ran the playbook about seventy times at Target stores in California, Tennessee, Texas, New Jersey, Florida. He pulled in about thirty four thousand dollars from this scam.
Speaker 3: That's not I thought you were going to say, like Arizona, Nevada, Tennessee.
Speaker 2: He went up and down forty. Yeah, they found unboxed Lego bricks absolutely stockpiled inside his house when they raided it April fifteenth, twenty twenty six. And then after he was arrested, he gets booked in on grand theft charges. Yeah, this wasn't an anomaly. Cops were seeing more and more Lego theft a crime wave, and there were big jobs. Augustine was small spaghetti compared to some of these, according to money Wise quote. Just a week before Augustine's arrest, on April eighth, Kern County deputies recovered roughly one million dollars worth of stolen Lego sets after spotting two Amazon branded box trucks fleeing a scene in Mojave. Investigators later located two abandoned freight trailers that had been stolen while transporting goods from Fort Worth, Texas to Morino Valley, California. Three Southern California men were booked on cargo theft, possession of stolen vehicle, and conspiracy. Charges a million dollars in legos.
Speaker 3: That's nuts.
Speaker 2: I don't think ole Kirk Christensen could have imagined all. No, let's take a break when we come back. More Lego crime. Zaren So, we've had shoplifting and truck chases, but that's not all. Six months before the Amazon truck heist, Santa Rosa, California police served a warrant at a house. Inside was a Lego movie version of a CSI crime scene. Okay, so, as money Wise again puts it, quote tens of thousands of loose pieces scattered across desks, hundreds of minifigures beheaded and sorted by facial expression, an open set stacked along the hallway walls. Wow, I just like the beheaded figures. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: I mentioned earlier that my sister, her youngest child, got into legos and then she would have to in to buy them on like Amazon or whatever eBay, and she realized how valuable they were because just trying to get him their exact right one, She's like, forget buying these, I'm gonna start selling them. And she makes bank doing this, and he's like her expert. He's like telling you her, like you need to get this one and you know these are the best ones. And then so she figures out the market from him and his friends and like it's a brilliant, Like I wish I had a head for this kind of business, or like the patients to sort.
Speaker 2: All the heads and by facial expression.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing is, like you get down to that where it's like I just am not gonna sit there with a magnifying glass on like an extendo arm and I'm checking all the faces. I'm like, I can't do it, no matter how much you can give me a million dollars. I'm like, I'm passing.
Speaker 2: Has made me sort through a bin of minifigures looking for specific hair color hair yes, and I'm just like, we'll just pretend it's this color.
Speaker 3: That's where you and I a line where like purple as black, as gray, whatever.
Speaker 2: It's what you wanted to be. Have some have some imagination. So the stuff in this house in Santa Rosa valued at like six grand.
Speaker 3: This like serial killer house.
Speaker 2: Cerial color heads everywhere. It was basically lego fencing, and the ring leader got charged with organized retail theft. And there's another one before that, Sarah before they hit Charlotte, North Carolina. Okay, And it wasn't a career kerminel He was a former Wells Fargo banker, which maybe that means he was zing anyway, So the guy fenced more than one hundred thousand dollars in stolen legos that were gained from local Target and Walmart stores, and he was moving the bricks through an eBay account called Brick by Brick b r Ik by brik gotcha. So if you bought any legos from him, you're sitting on hot bricks. In two thousand and five, a guy in Reno, Nevada named William Swanberg stole about two hundred thousand dollars in lego sets from Target stores across five western states.
Speaker 3: He's a two thousand and five yes, so they did not be worth like a million dollars, yes, probably. How did he do it, Zon Elizabeth.
Speaker 2: He switched the barcodes on the boxes.
Speaker 3: How do you switch the He got.
Speaker 2: Pinched, Yeah, he got pinched when he was stopped by a Target security guard at a Portland area store. Okay, And he just bought ten boxes of the Star Wars Millennium Falcon set. And at first I thought they were talking about the giant one that goes for eight hundred and fifty dollars on the Lego website. Sure now, and that set. Those sets get rave reviews on the Lego website. There are some bad ones. Let me read you a little from my favorite. I got kind of down a rabbit hole looking at bad Lego reviews. This is just excerpts, but the title of the review is I got a bad feeling about this. It's clever. On face value, it's absolutely beautiful to look at, and I am cringing on the inside because the spelling is so bad.
Speaker 3: Anyway, You've got to learn to get over that online stuff on face as long as you like, yes, actually can use a K. Why not?
Speaker 2: On face value, it's absolutely beautiful to look at. The level of exterior detail is incredible, and building was both challenging and fun. However, I do have some issues with the set. Firstly, minifigures. I like that they chose to include characters from the old and the new. However, every photo I have sent this to be it friends or family. The first question is where is R two or obi wan?
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, By the way, none of those words sounded like words that were difficult to spell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: Wow, Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the review goes on much longer than that, but I love that this builder sent a photo of it to important people in their life, and the folks where's our two? Or like no, no, obi wan, what's up?
Speaker 3: Where's not?
Speaker 2: Like Wow, that's an impressive build, or like where are you going to store that? They're just like disappointed that the whole gang isn't there. You know, don't take it out on Lego that you have lousy friends and family. Yeah, where's chewy chewy? Okay? So back to Swanburg, the guy with the bar codes, he actually took the smart Play Millennium Falcon. That one goes for about one hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: The smart Play Apparently.
Speaker 2: Smartplay has some sort of smart bricks. I looked up that that product of the Lego website, and it's Smartplay compatible.
Speaker 3: I don't know it's Smartplay.
Speaker 2: I think it's like some automated brick thing are like mechanical.
Speaker 3: Okay, so mais.
Speaker 2: People were mad it was it's listed as smart Play, but it doesn't come with the smart Play brick. I am I noped out. I was like all right, you're mad. Okay, that's one hundred dollars down the drains. So Swanberg he got stopped by security at Target and they called the cops, according to NBC News quote, in his parked car, detectives found fifty six of the Star Wars sets he valued at ninety nine dollars each, as well as twenty seven other Lego sets in a laptop found inside Swanberg's car. Investigators also found the addresses of numerous Target stores in the Portland area, theirre locations carefully plotted on a mapping software like I love the logistics, hate the petty crime.
Speaker 3: You know, you go, I'm like, why not have a paper map? You can just circle them? But that's me.
Speaker 2: All those sets, Like the car is just like jam packed with Lego box Totally.
Speaker 3: You're a hoarder now in your.
Speaker 2: Car, right and a laptop. So Swanberg, he is accused of switching the bar codes. He would take the barcode from a cheaper set and stick it over the sticker on an expensive set.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: And there's this Lego collector's website called bricklink dot com, and records there show that Swanberg sold nearly six hundred thousand dollars worth of legos between two thousand and two and when he was caught in two thousand and five. That's a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially since now it's worth three.
Speaker 2: Million dollars five billion. Another person who pulled that scam was a Silicon Valley executive. What yeah, like people just can't help themselves. Thomas Loangenbach, forty seven years old, vice president at SAP Labs in Palo Alto SAP Labs Integration and Certification Center. He was also switching barcodes. So Liz Wiley of the Mountain View Police Department said, quote, this probably happens more often than you'd think, but this is the first time we've ever had a case like this.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of betting. I mean, these guys seem to be, in my opinions, a little arrogant about the target employees. Oh yeah, I think that they would see what comes up when they ring it, and if it's like clearly not indicating what you're looking at, that that would be a flag. Because these people do know that there's theft at targets, So it doesn't matter that you look like a tech bro. If it says like you know whatever. I can't think of fast enough of different Star Wars stuff that it could be versus like some cheap set that it would be. But like you think they would be like that doesn't match. I see this stuff go by, you know, all day long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, so here's Langenbach. He's living in a multimillion dollar house in San Carlos, California. Wow, swapping out barcoes to cheat Target out of legos. Yes, and like. According to NBC Bar Area Quote Supervising Deputy District Attorney Cindy Seeley Hendrickson said Monday that internal Target security spotted something awry with Longdenbock's purchases from their stores. That's three alleged burglaries from the Mountainview store on Showers Drive and one from the Cooper Tino store on Steven's Creek Boulevard over the last month or so. Wiley of Mountainview Police said Target security had captured Longenboc performing the quote ticket switch on camera and had been onto him. Because the company pays very close attention to legos, you would think, I mean, they locked that stuff up now just because of these kind of guys.
Speaker 3: And also, wouldn't you like if you were him and you're in the you know, Silicon Valley area, Like why wouldn't you just like you buy the cheaper bricks, you buy the more expensive bricks. You go and you know, switch the stickers in your like garage, and then you go get like some you know, numskull twenty year old who's like an intern, and you go, I'm gonna I'm gonna take you on the corporate ladder, but I'm gonna need to try you out. So first it need you to handle like you know, and you give them like your dry cleaning, and then the legos and you go go Target and return these and everything you give them is a fake name and a fake address. You meet him like a library parking lot.
Speaker 2: He gets okay, So for that incident, right, he gets charged with four counts of burglary for seven boxes. Yeah, seven box worth one thousand dollars. Oh my huge, he's only making it doesn't seem like a lot. But Sarah and I want.
Speaker 3: You to just write by scale.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to NBC B Area quote. When police searched his house, Hendrickson said they found hundreds and hundreds of Lego boxes inside. They also discovered that since last April, he had allegedly sold twenty one hundred Lego items totally about thirty thousand dollars on eBay. Using the handle Tom's Brickyard inside his car, Hendrickson said, we're thirty two pre made barcode stickers, so at least he's bringing them, not like trying to do it in the store, but he like picks it up and is trying to fly.
Speaker 3: That should be smart approach.
Speaker 2: It with those barcode stickers. He would buy a two hundred and seventy nine dollars box of Millennium fire and Legos for just forty nine dollars, and then he also did like the ninety dollars Anakin Lego set for thirty five, so he was targeting Star Wars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's basically just scraping value like a mid level mobster.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Now, the other fellas I've told you about all seemed to do this theft as their main source of income. But not this guy. No, he just loved the challenge.
Speaker 3: It's a game for him.
Speaker 2: Another Lego maniac who couldn't help himself was Winston Love. Do you remember that commercial Zach Zach? He has a legomaniac.
Speaker 3: Wasn't somebody famous one of the people. Probably I was thinking like Jack Black or something like that.
Speaker 2: You know what, that kid was going to go far.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He's a lego.
Speaker 3: Maybe Ryan Goslin. I don't know, somebody I feel.
Speaker 2: Like something like that. Oh yeah, Winston Love, that's a great name. He's just another twenty eight year old who doesn't know any better. It's all started Halloween twenty twenty five and a Target employee in Wataga, Texas called the police. A guy who turned out to be Winston Love grab more than twelve hundred dollars in Lego sets and then made a run for it out of the store, and the cops tracked. Yeah, he was just like macOS, watch this, try and catch me.
Speaker 3: Car.
Speaker 2: The cops tracked him to where he lives. No, yeah, anyway, They get to his house.
Speaker 3: No name, Texas town. I'm sure everyone in the parking lot I could tell you who it was.
Speaker 2: They get to the house. He refuses to come out. That's that's bad business right there. But the officers they talked to him, they like coax him out. They're like, you can come out and surrender peacefully.
Speaker 3: So he does, cousin Winston, you need to come out.
Speaker 2: Then they go inside his house and they find five thousand dollars in cash, narcotics, weapons, So narcotics aren't part of the wholesome lego lifestyle.
Speaker 3: Not typically it's like let's do a bunch of meth and put together legos.
Speaker 2: Well maybe it's taken apart. They take them. But what started as a single target theft quickly revealed a much larger pattern. So, according to Wataga Police Chief Jim Lewis, when Winston got arrested, police were aware of twenty three local incidents just prior, like within the last two months.
Speaker 3: I take it back. Apparently he was able to and then like eighty.
Speaker 2: Other incidents is tracked to him, like since they started, like they had initially.
Speaker 3: Found the other on top of the three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty three just in the last two months, but they had been following him for a little bit longer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I take it all back.
Speaker 2: When he got arrested, he had eight outstanding felony warrants for similar thefts all across North Texas, Okay, Dallas, Plano, Frisco, Fort Worth. Investigators figured that like Okay, the spree that he had spanned fifty days in twenty twenty five. He hit Target and other retailers across fourteen different cities. At a minimum that they knew about. He stole more than two hundred lego sets, about a dozen coffee makers, several vacuum cleaners, multiple PlayStation controllers. All this stuff added up to about thirty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: So he goes on a fifty day jag where he's just ripping off anything he can, just.
Speaker 2: Carry anything he can carry. He's getting the shark, he's getting the dice in. He's like, I want that that Hamilton Beach toaster. You're coming with me?
Speaker 3: Do people still sell food processors?
Speaker 2: So he I bet you grabbed a Kurig. That's probably a coffee maker or a n Espresso anyway. So the surveillance footage that they had for him was just like him walking out the doors of these places, just arms full of toys, like like Santa. Before he was sentenced, he like he was looking at one point three million in bonds across multiple jurisdictions. He got convicted on organized retail theft with a deadly weapon because he was packing a gun. It wasn't his winning smile and that you know that thirty grand.
Speaker 3: The gun enhancements on top of this.
Speaker 2: Well, during trial, prosecutors really stressed that this was about more than just the dollar value of the stolen goods. Love had a criminal history, and then there were all his efforts to evade law enforcement. So the case wound up having legal significance beyond just Love's crazy lego shoplifting spree. His trial was the first under Texas's Organized Retail Theft Statute, and so this applies to crimes committed on or after September one, twenty twenty five. His trial became a test case for the law. The revised statute increases penalties specifically for repeat offenders and organized theft rings. I think this is going after smashing grabs.
Speaker 3: So smashing grabs and also like mobs who organized slash mob and they run in steal stuff from like you know, a high.
Speaker 2: End store, and like Love fit the parameters for everything. So he was sentenced to forty five years in prison.
Speaker 3: He's a one man's gay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had to pay a ten thousand dollars fine as well. Coverage of the case, like some of like the local crime reporting is just very straightforward. Sure, but there's all this wider commentary on like does the punishment fit the crime, But there's you know, there's no denying the scale of it. Two hundred lego sets there and forty five years in prison kind of makes sense, really not at.
Speaker 3: All, because like I'm like, I don't and I know Texas. I've spent a lot of good amount of time in Texas, and they're big on like punishment for justice, like in terms of like we're going to make an example of you so other people see that. You know, Texas don't play with this well.
Speaker 2: And he also he had all like he had charges all over the place, he had resisting, he had weapons, he had drug charge and he's an exemplar of a forty five years that is insane. Insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean like it should be like forty five days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. I really want to write a book. I don't know, write a book Winston, that is brutal. Let's take a break. There's a guy outside selling loose bags of legos all numbered, out of the trunk of his car, and I want to see if he has one of those sunflower bouquets. We'll be right back, Zaren I've been blabbering about lego crimes, and now I have a saga for you. This one isn't about shoplifting or this is an oral history or barcos. Come sit it my knee and I will sing you the songs of our ancestors. It's full of intrigue and a YouTuber who Now I know how I am by how disconnected I am from YouTube?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: I use it to look up old music videos and then sometimes like a baking technique or home repair explanation, and that's it. I'd rather read things.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course, but there's a lot of other stuff you look at, news, documentaries, public performances, plays, no no TV shows you barely remember.
Speaker 2: I can't even get my brain around YouTube personalities like boxing what even is that? Or like watching someone else play a video game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not big on the streaming.
Speaker 2: The ones who act a fool in public.
Speaker 3: I definitely yeah, I definitely don't because usually it's like I'm too busy critiquing it in my head. I'm like, oh, come on, man, you got to try, you know, Like I like, this is not where you need to be there.
Speaker 2: But the kids, they love their YouTube and so too so to the song. It all started in twenty twenty three, an eighty three year old man named Ed Mansell was in poor health. Time was catching up with him. I know, the feeling brother. He and his son. I'm eighty three in my mind three, I am eighty three of the mind. He and his son had been building this incredible Star Wars lego collection for decades, and as he was winding down his affairs, he decided to sell it all on consignment. Oh yeah, no, Soun's in on it. And Ed wanted to get money to pay for his grandchild's college education, so he took his collection to a Bricks and Minifigs b a M franchise store. The stores, Yeah, in Kaiser, Oregon. So it was owned at the time by Crystal Law Gorman and her husband Benjamin Gorman. So it's a chain and they had the franchise.
Speaker 3: Oh, the Kaiser Gorman's.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, the Kaiser Gormans. Ed's son, Brian Mansell said the collection was made up of seven hundred and eighty sets and one thousand, two hundred minifigures. It's a lot.
Speaker 3: That's a lot. It's a fair amount.
Speaker 2: It's a lot. Of teeny super guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would hurt to step on. Kind.
Speaker 2: I hope they were like fifty percent. Ewok, I love the eks. I love the ewoks and Babu Frick. Oh buddy. Okay, so this collection was worth a pretty penny.
Speaker 3: I tell people that they're like, what's Elizabeth Like? I'm like, she loves Babu Frick and ee, don't get her started on ewoks.
Speaker 2: That is That's it. That's all there is to say about me. Nothing else. That's my resume.
Speaker 3: BIV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, iheart's like, can you see your bio? I'm like, I love Ewoks and Babu send them a text me get out of my face, Admiral. iHeart all right. So the collection was worth around two hundred and seventy eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then something happened. In November of twenty twenty four, Bricks and Minifigs Franchising BAMF issued a notice of immediate termination against the Oregon store. So they said that Law and Gorman defaulted on their accounts and that they were transferring the franchise ownership to new operators Brandon Best and Joshua Johnson. Okay, like, okay, fine, that's unfortunate. Brian Mansell reached out and he was like, hey, like, if they're going to be these new owners, I want to get back the unsold consigned inventory from my dad's collection. And that was part of the original consignment agreement that he had like in writing and signed, Yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Can always go and get yourself.
Speaker 2: He could, he could reclaim unsold stock whenever he wanted to. And the new operators are like, no, no, you can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the legal ground?
Speaker 2: They have all sorts of responses. Fast forward to May twenty twenty six, Reckless Ben enters the picture.
Speaker 3: Do I know him? See a friend of mine?
Speaker 2: Forgotten YouTuber Ben Reckless Ben Schneider. He's a thirty year old in La. He makes gonzo style videos. He has like a very cross country runner look and energy to him. Okay, and his videos are just not for me?
Speaker 3: How does he They're not for me?
Speaker 2: They're not made for me?
Speaker 3: Is he like do a man on the street interviews?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, everything is outsized and loud, okay. And the video titles are like I overthrew a restaurant that was run by a cult or. I hired two private investigators to investigate each other.
Speaker 3: So he's like a Jake Paul Logan.
Speaker 2: And then as I'm looking at his videos and then like have they have the suggestions on the right, they're like five hundred versions of him of all these people guys who just yeah, like overwhelmed. Yeah, And so I didn't. I only watched what I had to watch.
Speaker 3: I go back to, like my professor gives a lecture on the Ottoman. I'm just like.
Speaker 2: Chris Cornell live version of Yeah. So I have to tell you I logged out of YouTube before searching for and watching the videos because I didn't want it to wreck my algorithm. Give me like this Shenado Connor live performances to suggest or you know, they're like I know you like that, you know that one Madonna video.
Speaker 3: We'll let you see. We got another version of The Grateful by John Mayer exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: But then I want these like little chodes popping up, all right, So where was I algorithm? Someone who likely already had his algorithm broken was Brian Mansell, because he reached out to reckless Ben and asked for help. Okay, so he wanted Ben to look into this whole mess, and he wanted help getting the legos back.
Speaker 3: In some such reckless Ben, will you help me? My only home?
Speaker 2: It was in the hologram, so Brian said. His dad, the owner of the sets, hadn't been told about their current existence in the liminal plane because he had a health condition where he couldn't be upset. You know what, same, edg Yeah, I definitely have it. So the initial video is one hour and twenty five minutes long. It is so loud and there are so many animations floating across the screen while like some little dingus runs around with a microphone.
Speaker 3: You watch the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Well, Ben either stands there or like sits in his car talking to someone on speakerphone. Like he's constantly talking on speakers.
Speaker 3: Oh it's one of the car. I wasn't picturing that, especially like in a gamer chair.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, he's like he has like a set and sometimes he wears a pink tuxedo. What I'm telling you, it makes no sense. And then I'm just like, I'm not supposed to be doing this because it's a Sometimes it's just a bare chest with the jacket. Sometimes it's the full get up.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So but he's always on speakerphone and he has these little minions right huh. And I don't know if you know this, but again I have the health condition that means I can't be upset.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: I risked my life for this, Darren. The video has six point two million views, by the way, damn, and now I'm one of them. It feels so dirty. So in pursue the story, Ben he went to the BAM store that's holding the Lego sets. Yeah, and they told him you got to go to corporate. And so Ben goes to the corporate offices in Provo Utah thes and minifigures and they're like, you know what, we can't help you. You got to go to the store. They're just back and forth, back and forth. So Ben went to the store and it didn't go so well. Saren Saren closed your eyes.
Speaker 3: Yes, I want you to picture it.
Speaker 2: You are a big Lego fan, like super fan. You have tons of sets and a whole room in your house dedicated to your passion. The thing is you only build things from the architecture series. You just finished up Trevy Fountain and you're on a mission to find a specific news set new to you at least this one has been discontinued. It's the Lincoln Memorial. You want to get your hands on it. So that's why. On an overcast Saturday, you're entering the bricks and Minifig store in your town Kaiser Organ. You walk in and the bell on the door chimes. At the counter is a woman in a gray T shirt scrolling on her phone. She glances up at you and says hi, then goes back to her phone. You stop in front of her and clear your throat. She looks up again. You ask her if they have the Lincoln Memorial. She isn't exactly sure what you're talking about, which you are used to a lot of times people focus just on the franchise Legos, the Star Wars and the Harry Potter and stuff. You explain that you're beginning your search for the set here close to home before you go online or travel to other cities in order to source it. She points to an area further down the counter that has all the architecture sets and then goes back to scrolling on her phone. You thank her, tipping your custom made Teddy Roosevelt campaign hat at her. As you stroll down the counter, the doorchime sounds, and you clock the new customer out of the corner of your eye. It's a shaggy haired fellow wearing thick rimmed glasses. You turn nonchalantly to glance at the guy and notice that those are spyglasses. He's filming this. You slyly tip the brim of your hat over the side of your face, obscuring his view of you a little bit. You scan the shelves and see just three architecture sets. You already own all of them, but you linger because something seems off about this interaction. Blooming at the front of the store, the guy in the glasses and his beanie wearing friend or holding sheets of paper. They ask to get their lego sets back. The woman, still scrolling your phone begins to dial a number while telling the two young men to leave. They insist on getting their sets back. At last, the clerk gets a man on the phone, puts him on speaker, and hands her phone to the men. The owner of the store, you presume, he too, demands the men leave, coppering his statements with grow in such a way that it seems stilted. This goes on for some time. You continue to browse quietly humming in classical tune in order to seem in conspicuous but still able to listen. You see movement outside of the store. It's the police. An officer directs the men outside and begins to speak with them. They show the officer the papers they're holding. The officer shakes his head. You decide to leave the store. They don't have what you want, and you'd like to hear the conversation with the police outside, or at least what you can catch as you walk by. The door chimes. As you leave, you walk past the officer just as he is telling the men that they are permanently banned from the store. You walk to your car, then move your hat, settle into the seat, and drive home. You are sure you can get that Lincoln memorial online with better customer service and far less drama. You like your Teddy Rose, You know it, so Zarin. Watching this interaction in the video made my chest tight.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, I would be enraged, do you know? My again would be hot.
Speaker 2: The cop and Ben have a conversation in which neither understands the law or knows how to effectively express themselves.
Speaker 3: So Ben is the emotion at a motion.
Speaker 2: I've got the paper and it's my friend, and like, we need our bricks back, we need our sets back. Where are they? This is no, I'm sorry, like he and you're permanently banned. He's like for permanent trespass. No, you can't do it like that, dude. You don't just get to declare it anyway. So the two of them having this sort of like moron off, it's really hard for me. And the whole time, I'm like, why didn't the man cells just hire a lawyer totally, like that's who you should have brought in. Don't go to reckless band.
Speaker 3: No, even the cheapest lawyer in town would be better than I don't.
Speaker 2: Know if they want to or couldn't afford to hire a good lawyer.
Speaker 3: I think they're trying to create a tempest in a tea, which seems to work if it's about so.
Speaker 2: After Reckless Ben they go with a name like that, it has to end well, whatever it is, it's a tempest, okay. So Ben became a thorn in bricks and Minifig's side this was excellent content for him, I bet. So he went to the house in American Fork, Utah of one of the new store franchise owners Joshua.
Speaker 3: Johnson camera's on.
Speaker 2: I'm sure and that that's crossing a line there, buddy, to go to the new owner's home in another state is so bam alleges that Ben and his team impersonated delivery personnel like ups drivers in order to get entry into the home.
Speaker 3: That's crossing.
Speaker 2: They impersonated members of religious congregations and officers of the court. They put defamatory signs and banners in the neighborhood. One across the street read I stole a dying man's life savings. It was like right across from the guy's house.
Speaker 3: I do applaud that.
Speaker 2: And it's in the videos. Oh yeah, they have this whole thing with it.
Speaker 3: That's the legal line. I'm on the side of it is like, you can definitely let the neighbors know. Yeah, he stole a dying man's legouse.
Speaker 2: All the hygienks got been arrested, okay twice.
Speaker 3: I'm sure.
Speaker 2: He currently faces misdemeanor charges of stalking, targeted residential picketing, wait what apparently, disorderly conduct, criminal trespass. All that was filed on March tenth, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: He said that police searched his vehicle, they arrested him, jailed him for multiple days, and that an officer dislocated his shoulder during one of the arrests. He said that, like the cops told him, oh, someone gave us a report that you have heroin in your car. Like anyway, police body cam and dashcam footage was later released, but portions were taken.
Speaker 3: Out and got missing minutes.
Speaker 2: And then there's this whole thing online where people say they have it and then they can't share it anyway.
Speaker 3: Once they get lawyers involved, this is gonna get crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, a defense attorney, They got a defense attorney. They raised concerns about the underlying search warrant, noting that it cited an investigation into stalking, but described officers searching for stolen lego sets as evidence. It's like that no so Ben later claimed that a new no bail warrant had been issued against him for unexplained reasons, and that he had fled to Mexico fed Well, and usually when you run to Mexico, you don't tell anyone about it totally. But every single person involved in this is.
Speaker 3: That just like a nickname for California in Utah, he fled to Mexico.
Speaker 2: I it was Mexico at one time. Everyone involved in this, every single person, has to put all of their thoughts and actions on video for all to see.
Speaker 3: Like everybody. The cops are doing.
Speaker 2: Totally American fork police. They pushed back hard.
Speaker 3: On the claims of Mexico Facebook videos.
Speaker 2: They said there are no active warrants for him and they're not seeking him. Yeah. The police chief issued it to twenty six minute public statement. More video. They're like, look, bodycam footage doesn't back up what Ben is saying about the injuries. There were no complaints logged during his detention or his booking. He's lying and then okay, enter the civil cases. So there's BAM versus schneider mansell at all. May thirtieth, twenty twenty six, BAM sued Ben the Man cells others, reckless Ben LLC, you know, all his little minions invoking Utah's reco statute.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They accused them of running a quote coordinated multi platform campaign involving false accusations, fabricated claims, deceptive practices, and manufactured confrontations to extort money, racketeer, profiteer and damage BAM's business.
Speaker 3: They're protecting the brand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so BAM. Their filing also brings up the whole thing about Ben's team, impersonating the delivery workers, the churchgoers, all this stuff.
Speaker 3: What are you going to do?
Speaker 2: He's so gonzo. Then there's the countersuit from the old franchise owners, So Crystal Law Gorman, Benjamin Gorman, they filed their own site and they said that BAM Franchising wrongly seized their store without notice, that they forced them out under threats to call the police, and they were never compensated for all the confiscated.
Speaker 3: Them and Reckless Ben could get together and do it well.
Speaker 2: Then they filed a motion June sixteenth, not too long ago, to intervene in the Reckless Ben lawsuit, saying that they're not defendants in that case and that they're pursuing a separate dispute with BAM. And that really gummed up the works. So BAM Franchising went ahead issued a takedown notice against Ben's Patreon page. Yeah, his videos go up there before they go to YouTube. You know what this calls for is a video zeron Patreon. CEO Jack Kanti publicly told the company to quote stuff it and sue Patreon directly. Instead, He's like, we're not taking his stuff down. Try try me.
Speaker 3: That's a good Which side of the bread your butter is exactly?
Speaker 2: Exactly? And so Bam is also accused of trying to seize the go fundme that was set up to raise money for the man Cell family, though they deny it.
Speaker 3: The go fund me better who denies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, BAM's like, we're not trying to take the gofund go fund me. He's raised more than five hundred thousand dollars. Good Ben says that BAM's lawsuit, Uh, the framing of it is like harassment, totally unfair. They say stuff that like he made bomb threads or he threatened to kill franchise owners and he just wanted a chance to tell his side of the story. He said, Okay. He says being served with a suit has like effectively gagged him. Yeah, needs to make videos and post them for the world to see, or he will die. That's his medical condition. So he he said he finished a third installment of his video series, but he can't post it because doing so would send him quote immediately to.
Speaker 3: Jail and break injunction. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Cost him both his own countersuit and the GoFundMe funds, and he's made sure to post a handful of related shorty videos. There's like a workaround video where he calls Bam quote this mystery company that I'm no longer allowed to talk about, Honey, it doesn't work that way. So Bam is like shooting down every claim that Ben makes. They say that whole collection was worth sixty to eighty thousand dollars, and they're like, ps, when we took over the store, the whole place was only had two thousand and five thousand dollars worth of sets in there, so they didn't even have like the man Cell stuff wasn't even in there. So Bam also says that the original consignment with ed Mansell should never have been approved because they weren't authorized to do that as a franchise. But they're like, you know what, We'll still we can negotiate a real solution with the man Cell family.
Speaker 3: So shady they I want to judge who actually understands us to come in and gives like smackdowns and real justice. Yes, set some precedent for this stuff.
Speaker 2: Bam says that the Gormans sold the inventory off before they seized the store, and that it's now that that store is closed permanently now. Yeah, and then other stores around the region have faced harassment and threats, like the fans get off, fired up, and it got weird. Of course, conspiracy theories started.
Speaker 3: The involved like the Denver Airport.
Speaker 2: Ben's videos leaned into it with like accusations of a Mormon mafia that was covering up the Lego scandals. I wonder because like most of the BAM corporate employees remember of the Mormon church apparently I figured, and so that that made the whole thing super viral and like pretty offensive.
Speaker 3: Bet.
Speaker 2: And then you know, like the city the city council meetings are just jam packed in American fork, jam packed with people who are like free Bend. All of a sudden, they go from no one showing up to its packed house. It's unresolved right now and fast moving. So you know that the one case has been stalled out because the Gormans intervened, and then you know the Kaiser police are still reviewing all these things. There's the Utah misdemeanor charges. Ben's part three video is still unreleased.
Speaker 3: I'm waiting breath is Saron.
Speaker 2: What's your ridiculous takeaway?
Speaker 3: Ah, Man, I'm really pulling for the man Cell family on that, Like, you know, I feel bad that they got drug into this, And there's just a bunch of like weird, like it sounds like greedy, exploitative, and like you know, spotlight hogging. People jump in the way and you lose sight of what this is really about, which is this guy who's trying to look out for his grandchild. Yeah, yeah, you know, we've lost sight of all of that. So I find that often this is the case when you and this is not like a slighted YouTube influencers, but when people it's their job to get attention, they steal the attention from the thing they're trying to bring attention to when they're trying to be on a crusade about yeah blah blah blah. So I'm not trying to be critical of our modern moment of media, but I do wish that people, as you often point out to me, and I point out to myself, I'm all about fundamentals, which is like, can we keep it about what this was about and figure out how to get a remedy for that, and then we can get back to all this like nonsense. You guys can all shout at each other and do like your like you know, daytime TV reality show energy or whatever it is you guys are all about of Like, yeah, I get excited yell and screaming I'm taking his sign team that or whatever, because like I know that people seem to want that, but like, can we do that? Second can be the other thing. So what's yours, Elizabeth?
Speaker 2: I think it's interesting that lego crimes have spiked recently, and like the robbing bricks is in the zeitgeist.
Speaker 3: Oh completely yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean my favorite band, Chip the Crow just released a song about Lego theft. Really the Crow, do you want to hear a little bit of it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna ask you your leg I'm gonna say, Cole, I'm gone.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 3: I love Chip Chip the Crow, aren't.
Speaker 2: They They're like they're the best, and it's like this. I think that's gonna be part of the new album. I'm hoping, you know, after that though, I need to talk back.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I let you.
Speaker 5: So. I had to rent a car recently and they were like all right, you know, going over all the paperwork that nobody reads and like, sign, here's how much the rate is, and sign here here's our damage waiver. Sign Here this is saying that you're gonna fill it up with gas. Sign here this is the saying that you're not gonna use the car to rob a bank. And I was like what, because you know, the only reason they have that clause is because someone indeed use the car from that rental car location to rob a bank.
Speaker 2: Not as ridiculous, They're like, quick, put a clause in the contract. Do you think if I'm gonna go rob a bank, do you think I care that it's breach of contract?
Speaker 3: Exactly? Like this indemnifies us under this county's laws.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my goodness, that's great. That's it for today. You can find us online at ridiculous crime dot com. We're also at ready culous Crime on both blue Sky and Instagram. You can email us at ridiculous Crime at gmail dot com. Most importantly, leave a talkback on the iHeart app reach out. Ridiculous Crime is hosted by Elizabeth Dutton and Zaren Burnett, produced and edited by famous YouTube shock jock Dave Coustin. Our ridiculous assistant is Lego Broker to the Stars Terry Maldonado. Fong research is by figuring appraiser Marissa Brown. The theme song is by Lego Shrek set collector Thomas Lee and Lego Paw Patrol collector Travis Dutton. Additional tunes provided by Chip Chip. The crow host wardrobe is provided by Botany five hundred producer Dave Coustin's wardrobe by Mister Guy of Beverly Hills, guest heron makeup by Sparkleshot and Mister Andre. Executive producers are Barcode specialist Ben Bollen and Post Defense Noel Brown.
Speaker 4: Eligoa l E GUO l e G don't tell l echo my leg goes, don't tell studio my legs, don't tell le chudio my l A l e gudo l e G.
Speaker 3: Don't talk l.
Speaker 4: Leogos l e guo l e.
Speaker 3: Don't talk my.
Speaker 4: L e guo l e l e g l e go.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous Crime is a production of iHeart Radio four more podcasts my heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.