Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Trendon Booker aka Strand Curry, A k K T d Z, Anthony trend Words, Joel Trend, bead Z Trees, Halliburton or Tyrese Helliber Trend he gets too. Those are all courtesy of Johnny Davis, also Kerrick Zeit Johnnynny Davis aka short show title spice SSP spice. Those are all of course us A five on five US men's Olympic basketball team, which kicks off in a matter of days.
Speaker 2: The Olympics.
Speaker 1: I guess they had their first events happening earlier today, and there was a soccer match where they had to like cancel it between Morocco and Argentina.
Speaker 2: Why because there was too much ship on the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's too there's too much ship on field, ye, safe to play on. I guess Morocco was up to one. There was a goal that was like under review, and then all hell broke loose and then they had to suspend it and then the goal was ruled not a real goal, and then they won. Morocco won beat Argentina, which is a big surprise, big upset the Olympics.
Speaker 3: And I mean yeah, the Yeah, Argentinians already have been saying a lot about African people since they went America, so yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 3: It caused a whole, like a whole controversy like they like after the Argentina national team won the Copa America, like some of the players were singing this like fucking like racist chant about how like all the French national team players are actually like from Angola or Cameroonian and it's like all casting dispersions on their frenchness and what friends, Like it's really fucked up and.
Speaker 5: What does that have to do with Wow, was the World Cup?
Speaker 3: It was the Copa America. But you know this also happened in Columbia.
Speaker 5: Huh didn't they beat Columbia and the.
Speaker 2: Yeah they did, they did. But anyway, like they.
Speaker 5: Were like, yeah, we're going to be racist anyway, like.
Speaker 3: You know, don't look, which is also funny because Argentina has a very very clear history with their anti blackness and anti indigenous you know campaigns, especially like erasing Yeah, yeah, because their whole thing is like we they like to say, like we came over on boats, right, That's that's what the Argentine like, you know, the narrow Argentine identity is.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I was like, oh no, now it's kicking off again, different players.
Speaker 5: But hey, the Olympics, baby, yeah, the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Baby, when's the first open water swim thing?
Speaker 5: I want to see you open mouth swimming?
Speaker 2: Yeah, open mouth swimming.
Speaker 5: We don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you happened in psychled like Jack tell me now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually don't know, but I I generally get sucked into the Olympics as just it's like the ultimate background television. Like I just turn the when the Olympics start, I turned the TV on and it stays on and it's just happening in the background, and.
Speaker 3: Marathon starts the twenty sixth.
Speaker 1: Okay, Friday, it's coming up ready. I just want to see those people eat shit. Literally, really, that's what I'm just. What if they just had a channel dedicated to only that, just people swimming and foul be shitted.
Speaker 2: W Yeah, the gross swimming channel, brown.
Speaker 5: Water, open mouth swimming.
Speaker 1: Anyways, speaking of open water, and you know a type of white supremacy. We always hear about the white whale moby dish. What about some other types of whales that aren't uh, you know that are just as likely to capsize your little boat. So a breaching whale capsized a boat in a video that's gone viral. Whales are so viral right now.
Speaker 2: They're hot right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just made a whole ass fishing boat look so teeny tiny.
Speaker 3: I encourage listeners to look for whale capsized boat, New Hampshire.
Speaker 2: That's what you'll search for, and it'll show up. But we'll just play you the audio so you can.
Speaker 3: Hear like, just this big ax whale just like just body slamming this tiny little fishing boat.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, tipped it up.
Speaker 3: Two people are out the boat. This dude in the Dayton hoodies like, oh, I'm off this.
Speaker 1: Dayton shout out to Dayton, University of Dayton hoodie, give it a Dayton.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: Fully, everything goes absolutely flying. It doesn't look like the whale head seen Jaws, because it seems like it's doing the thing the shark does at the end of Jaws when it.
Speaker 5: Eats quint spoiler alert.
Speaker 1: It's like kind of doing a belly flop onto the back of the boat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then it's like.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, I'm way too big for this, and yeah, so it knocks the boat over on its side. One person seems to be catapulted into the air. It is one of my favorite videos.
Speaker 2: But they no one was seriously.
Speaker 5: And that's why, Miles, because I wouldn't like something if if somebody got hurt. But they everybody was okay.
Speaker 1: The Dayton guy, Like, if you see the version of the video that is going viral, the person in the foreground who's on the boat taking the video turns around wearing a Dayton hoodie, so we know he's good people's uh, and then immediately appears to like start moving away from where the whale just backsize the boat.
Speaker 3: I hate to say this, but that kid is a descendant of the people that harassed your family and dates.
Speaker 1: His dad put the first sale signs in my front yard and that's all right, dating compliments.
Speaker 5: But yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Turns around immediately starts steering the boat, and the boat is moving away. But that's probably It turns out he actually was circling back to help them. And you just don't you don't want to get two people who are in the water in a boat because that's where the choppy thing is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, choppy thing first coming at you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anyways, great video. There's there's some there's an old video of like a diver getting out of the water and then the water like starts boiling, and like it's like what the fuck is going on? And you realize it's fish coming to the surface because a whale is just behind them and it just like fucking swallows a like quarter square mile of ocean.
Speaker 3: Like it's like one of those field I remember, like seeing like a school of fish, you know, like when you first understand the concept of a school of fish, and like.
Speaker 2: I wonder if you could just fucking grab them all.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That video is like yeah, dude, if your mouth is the size of a school bus.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, it turns out you can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And there there's another story from I don't know if it was New Hampshire but at same part like New England, where a fisherman claims he was swallowed by a breaching whale accidentally that like took him to the bottom of the ocean and then like coughed him up and he came to the surface. But that we don't have any video graphic evidence of that, and a lot of people after the fact, I think it might have been in Provincetown.
Speaker 5: Actually yeah, well yeah, yeah yeah. A lot of people after that were like, that guy's full of shit.
Speaker 2: I think we talked about that, yeah one, yeah, yeah. It was like a lobster guy, like a lobster diver.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm so at one with the lobster that I even got eaten like one. But anyways, love some good whale content and it does as Brian the Editor pointed out, it does continue or no, I think you pointed out it do us continue the trend that the whales are turning on the boats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think when we what we arrived at is that they're like they're just fucking around, they're playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, like that was what we arrived at with the orcas, and this would continue to Yeah, indicated that it looks like they're just fucking around it. I've never seen a boat look more like a pool toy.
Speaker 3: It's very like Lenny from of Mice and Men, but the rather than a rabbit, it's a boat, right, you know, It's like I just wanted to play with the boat.
Speaker 5: George, I just wanted to hug the boat.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, we have.
Speaker 1: Some new evidence in as to how the GOP is going to uh go about attacking Kamala.
Speaker 3: New confirmation of what our just the momentum of history has shown us, which is racist woman hating talking points.
Speaker 5: It turns out we're here.
Speaker 3: The misogynistic, racist shit show has arrived, and especially now that it's pretty clear that Kamala is the presumptive nominee, they're doing anything to damage your credibility. So in the House, Republicans have our fucking filed articles of impeachment against her.
Speaker 5: Why because the border?
Speaker 3: Okay, because she lied to us about how bad Joe Byron's condition was. This is among a half dozen other bills that have been introduced that are like either calling for impeachment like censure, or like to for her to be quote condemned, or to be like she needs to invoke the twenty fifth Amendment to remove Biden with a cabinet vote. It's like, y'all like this, this doesn't solve your issue, but okay, try it because you don't have the votes either, so this is all ceremonial fantasy nonsense. They also accused her about, like you know, potentially being in a plot like the bite the administration was behind a plot to have Trump shot, which is also you know they're trying and on Fox Business they're even trying to like meld viral memes with racist vitriol. So let's let's check this terrible fucking comment out from this guy Alec Lace on fucking Fox Business.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then there's the de I press secretary telling you that the DEI vice president is the future of the party here and so the future looks kind of dim for the Democrats here. But this is no shock or either. Kamala Harris, she's the original hawk to a girl. That's the way she got where she is, and the party is going downhill if it's.
Speaker 5: In her hand.
Speaker 3: That was tough.
Speaker 5: That was That was That was harsh. That was tough. That was harsh. They're like smiling, like one guy looked at Camry.
Speaker 3: He's like, for real, dude, Like of all the things you're saying that she was just exchanging sexual favors to ye, sure again because she is a woman and this guy is wearing a vest on, an American tie flag American flag tie.
Speaker 1: So that's just such a specific look. I was trying to think, like, what is it like an old timey bartender and an old timey barber or something like what I know, Look.
Speaker 3: He's missing the garter on his arm. You fully set that like like the fucking weird creepy skeleton home depot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we look like the yeah, hipster home depot skeleton.
Speaker 3: He looks like he could work yeah at the you know, like the like the little tavern from Deadwood basically.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, like he would be behind the bar at the Shining I.
Speaker 2: Saw you pointed out like he's like a dad podcast.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, this.
Speaker 1: Brand his like he's a dad blogger with like twenty thousand followers on Twitter, so you know, would love to have him talk to my kids about what it means to you know, be be a kind human being.
Speaker 5: What a cool dad blogger?
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, just just just drag women through the mud.
Speaker 2: Yeah and that and that. That's how you show love.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like why do you even have a dad blogger on Fox Business?
Speaker 5: Like what? What's probably?
Speaker 1: I guess they just like have somebody who's like, all right, this guy doesn't have much of a profile. He kind of sucks, so we can just like get him on there saying the wildest ship possible.
Speaker 5: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: It's just like what other wild ship can you say? Please?
Speaker 5: Anyway? So one wild ship, please on another?
Speaker 3: Okay, well I'm gonna have to cut you off after this. Ben Shapiro is saying that this is some kind of popularity conspiracy only second to Swift.
Speaker 5: This is my favorite right wing conspiracy.
Speaker 3: Exactly, there's there's there's something going on here. So let me allow us to people like that. I'm just gonna let Ben Shapiro say, in his own words.
Speaker 4: Exactly, for qualifications look like other than you know, again the sort of intersectional magic of Kamala Harris and the fact the Democrats have to manufacture enthusiasm for I've never seen this much manufactured enthusiasm for anyone outside of maybe Taylor Swifts left out.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's it's I mean, it's so odd come up with an ideas.
Speaker 5: Cringe when you see it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, okay, what is so obvious that what do they think is happening?
Speaker 5: And yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Unless it's a fucking absolute, nailed on one hundred thousand percent fucking conspiracy theory or some kind of other shit.
Speaker 1: And Ben know, like Ben Shapiro put he did the experiment like he so he's always had this theory. They're like, no, no way, these people actually like this shit, Like, there's no way, there's not enough people that would like pay for this. Look at my YouTube numbers, I'm the only one who's popular. Uh, And I'm gonna you know, I'm on one. So I'm gonna actually put out my own movies and show you how much more popular those would be. And he did that, and they are some of the least successful movies ever. Yeah, like of all time. Yeah, his movie's out based on this theory that nobody could like all that shit that they are spending money on and to like.
Speaker 5: And then he was like, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: You think that is actually what people like, Well check this one out and fell on his fucking face.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now he launched my own rocket into the air to show you the Earth is flat exactly. Okay, okay, but yeah, just to compare though, Taylor Swift and Kamala Harris. Right, when Taylor Swift posted on National Voter Registration Day about thirty five thousand new voters registered. In the two days since Harris was announced, thirty eight five hundred new voters signed up, So maybe there is something similar. Yeah, but I don't know it's impossible. It can't be the fact that people were so deflated over the fact that they're seeing an elderly man who is basically a fucking scale be up there, be on the campaign trail, and then the second he drops out and they go in for someone who's younger and has more energy to communicate a message that that's somehow.
Speaker 2: Is going to create enthusiasm. No, I don't buy it.
Speaker 5: I don't buy it.
Speaker 2: I don't find it.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm seeing something we've seen for years with Trump, where like non people are unable to see the appeal of Donald Trump, and so when he does the shit that makes that offends like liberals and you know everyone you know, when he's racist, when he's sexist, the things that we think are disqualifying, it is those are the very things that make them like him. And so we'll see him do something, we'll be like, oh my god, point at it, like, look he did the thing, and then we'll see his popularity go up with the people who support him, because the cruelty is the point with him. And I feel like we're seeing the reverse of that, like or it's basically the same dynamic, but they can't make sense of people seeing Kamala Harris and not being like weirded out, and so they're due to their racism and misogyny. You keep hearing them say, like, the more I see, the more I feel like, you know, people are gonna hate this person, right, she's not serious. She can't be taken seriously. And it's like, no, your brain doesn't allow you to take her seriously. And I feel like we'll continue to see that though, Like they they think that all these things are disqualifying and a lot in a lot of cases, those are the things that make people think that she's cool and impressive.
Speaker 3: The fact that she is biracial, Indian, Black and a woman, she'd be completely disqualifying, and so I don't understand what's going on.
Speaker 1: Yesterday was like talking about how I don't I don't think this is the same, but it was just interesting, like the kind of how they can't quite make sense of this. He's like, she's not going to be your first woman president. She's not Kamala Harris no way. She's a socialist, folks, She's a folks like he like basically like walked backwards into a campaign ad for her, Like if I could design one that would like make me be like, yeah, this is this person's unimpeachable, Like that's what he's like, first woman president and a socialist. I'm like, fuck, man, wow, sign me up.
Speaker 5: But like they usually not even see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she would never even claim to be a socialist.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's there. It's it's a it's hard times over there. It's very much hard times. But yeah, they're they're they're not going to stop. They aren't going to stop. And I think I mean, according to the campaign, there's like there they say that it's measurable, not aside from just like the one hundred and twenty six million that was raised since Sunday up until like maybe end of Tuesday. But they're also saying that like nearly two thousand people had applied for jobs like once the announcement happened to work on the campaign, and they've gotten one hundred thousand more people signed up to volunteer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's true.
Speaker 3: That shows enthusiasm, But I don't think it's manufactured. I think he really just discounts the fact about how dire or how destitute people felt about the Biden, the Biden, the option and again who knows if this translates to a win, because I'm still sort.
Speaker 2: Of like, will everyone vote for a black woman?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that possible?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: And what and what's the platform? Still many questions to be answered.
Speaker 3: Otherwise, this is trying to be like it's basically the Biden campaign, but just switcher out and then kind of distance her from Netanyahu and maybe we can kind of squeak one by.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know who else seems relieved and energized. Joe Biden. He seems like he's like, who.
Speaker 2: Ah, folks, I'm not gonna lie man. I should have dropped those I should have dropped.
Speaker 5: That's on me.
Speaker 2: That's on me.
Speaker 5: That's on me.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back. And nag Ya, who was on Capitol Hill speaking to Congress giving just a fucking terrible speech, called the protesters outside Iran's useful idiots. A lot of Democrats boycotted. Kamala backed out due to a scheduling conflict, which, uh, which could be impact, Yeah, straight up, but a lot like hundreds of interns all like in a I think collective action called in sick today, right to protest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people. Yeah, don't.
Speaker 3: Obviously, like the trend is moving against this, which is which is a good thing. But yeah, like I think even with Kamala, I know she she was meeting with like one of the black sororities, which was like, Okay, we're trying to see like some focus into who she's really trying to speak with and engage.
Speaker 2: But also she's going to be meeting apparently with that.
Speaker 3: You know, at some point in a closed door meeting, then who knows what's going to be discussed.
Speaker 2: But it's not totally out of the woods.
Speaker 3: But along with that story, our unions are trending because some very big unions that represent six million people. This is the Association of Flight Attendants, the American Postal Workers Union, the International Union of Painters, the National Education Association, the SEIU, United Auto Workers, and United Electrical Workers signed a letter urging an end to the military aid to Israel and for advocating a ceasefire. The signatory has wrote this letter quote, the time to act decisively to end this war is now. Stopping US military aid to Israel is the quickest and most sure way to do so. It is what US law demands, and it will show your commitment to securing a lasting piece in the region. Recent reports only underscore the urgency of our demands. Large numbers of Palestinian civilians, many of them children, continue to be killed, reportedly often with US manufactured bombs. We have spoken directly to leaders of Palestinian trade unions who told us heart wrenching stories of the.
Speaker 2: Conditions faced by working people in Gaza.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and then then there's also plenty of a lot of protests happening with the visit of Nan Yahu in DC. So yeah, I mean, will will the candidate begin to see what everyone is asking for and maybe begin to shift policy that way?
Speaker 2: But again TBD, TBB.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was even there is a doctor on CBS, I believe this weekend on one of the like Sunday morning shows who was talking about just the absolute brutality that Israeli forced they're showing to Gaza children.
Speaker 5: Like it.
Speaker 1: It feels like it's getting not not that it's been a secret, but like the you know, yeah talked about Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's just I think it's just sort of the fear of reprisals from groups like the ADL and things like that that felt like we're really controlling, like the way these conversations were being had, especially on.
Speaker 2: Like mass media.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but again, I think most people, I mean, if you look at like how people are pulled, like how it's polling, but significant majority of people want a ceasefire. And yeah, just just deliver on that would be would be a tremendous effort and something I think many Americans want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this just this doctor, I just want to read a quote from him. Doctor Mark Perlmutter, an orthopedic surgeon from North Carolina, vice president of the International College of Surgeons, volunteered in Gaza from the end of April through the first half of May. Asked to describe what he witnessed in Gaza, he replied, all the disasters I've seen combined, forty mission trips, thirty years, ground zero, earthquakes, all of that combined doesn't equal the level of carnage that I saw against civilians in just my first week in Gaza. So yeah, and he goes on to talk about toddlers being targeted.
Speaker 3: Again, I don't know how Like, I mean, I know a lot of people, but not a lot of people, But there are people who are sort of indifferent to what's happening there, like try and avoid at all costs, like actually reading accounts of it.
Speaker 2: But the other day I saw this fucking broke me. Man. This kid was holding the shoes of his father who had just been killed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the.
Speaker 3: Pain on this child's face and knowing that all he was left with was the shoes of his father.
Speaker 5: It I don't know.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: I mean, clearly, when you're at the heights of power, clearly in a presidential administration, some people are able to compartmentalize. But I think it's also tremendously brave for a lot of the people who have left the cabinet too or the administration like just sort of in protests and a lot of them now are you know, hoping to see if maybe there's a shift now on policy here. But yeah, it's I don't think any person with you know, true skills of having, you know, the ability to empathize could look at that and not think like this has to stop immediately, like what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccines, get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Bye bye,