Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of Bet the Bus. I am your host.
Speaker 2: Payoff Willye aka payoff Willy Bags. Listen, I'm gonna give it to you straight. We went two and three this past weekend. Not the best weekend the boys have had in a minute. Not the best weekend. Listen, hand up, I'll take the accountability. We started off three and two in week one. Now we're at two and three, but we ain't got time to fucking bleed. We're bleeding just a little bit, but we have no time for it before we get into the slate because we have six games here. We're gonna talk Minnesota, Kansas State, Missouri, Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, Penn State, Illinois before we get into it. This episode is brought to us by Proper Wild, the cleanest energy shots out there in the world. There's no artificial bs, there's no artificial sweeteners, no crash Midday, It's Friday vibes, it's college Football Vibes twenty four to seven. When you have a shot of Proper Wild, you want to personal endorsement.
Speaker 1: That's the personal endorsement. Here we go. We're gonna take a shot for the slate.
Speaker 2: This weekend, to the sportsbook, to the gambling gods, to the fucking boys. All right, I'm joined by the smartest crew in all the gambling world, JP the Vault Hovey. It's not about what you make, it's about what you keep. He keeps you protected, safe and ahead of the game. Jackie slips you see him back there. He's got the shades on. He's ready to deal with some quotes. I know he's got some inspirational shift for us this afternoon. So can't wait to hear from the boy.
Speaker 1: Jackie.
Speaker 2: You got Gary, We're gonna start calling him. It was Gary midnight last week with the tooth fairy analogy. Now it's gonna be Gary Ferry. You play your pick stright, you pull one out right, you put it under your pillow. The fairy might be coming to put a little cash up under that pillow. And then you got the billboard, Mitchell. The billboard showed around, show that big head proper wild bought. This episode, they will be presented. Keep showing that head on, that forehead of big brain, Mitch. Now, Jackie hit us with the recap and hit us with a quote.
Speaker 3: Brother, Uh, you hit on it earlier. We went two and three last week. We got some things to do. Hitting the drawing board.
Speaker 4: We were three and two the first week.
Speaker 3: So right now we're sitting at an even five hundred percent, which some people would be content with. We are absolutely fucking not content with five hundred. This week, we're at the drawing board, we're getting picks together, and we're.
Speaker 4: Coming out hot.
Speaker 3: And I have a quote for that, because it's an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war. And that's what we're here to do this week. We're preparing for war.
Speaker 4: Seasons are being shaped.
Speaker 3: There's a lot on the line for Nebraska, a lot of the line for Tennessee. I'm excited to get into it because I think it's gonna be an inspirational episode.
Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 2: Everybody watching and listening right now. By the way, if you're watching, please subscribe, drop some comments. I haven't talked to the squad today, and I knew Jack was gonna give some inspirational shit.
Speaker 1: However, I didn't know you were gonna.
Speaker 2: Cook it up like that, because the reality is we didn't come here to go five and five. Might say, oh, bat in fifty percent, going five hundred that's that's a winning season in the gambling world. We did not come to this program to go five hundred.
Speaker 1: We came to fucking win.
Speaker 3: Remember when you'd win in Little league and you get McDonald's after a game. Yeah, no fucking chances this team getting McDonald's until we go positive.
Speaker 2: Fucking dude, bring it in tight. We did not come here to go five hundred. That's not why we're hearing you. Guys might be saying, oh, payl Philly, you're the one who makes the picks. You're the one who tells us. Why bullshit, it's your belief. Listen, I took accountability at the top of the episode. Now it's time to give it to you real. I'll go out to the media, the press, and everybody else say hand up, that's on me. Now that we're in the locker room, now that we're bringing it in in tight, it's bullshit on you.
Speaker 1: We gotta believe more.
Speaker 2: I can give you the whats, I can give you the results, The how's, the why is the process.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter if you don't believe. You gotta believe. You can't go into this thing half fast.
Speaker 2: A great Nebraska head coach yesterday said it once upon a time. If you're afraid to lose, and that means you're afraid to win, you can't be going in scared, half stepping.
Speaker 1: You'd be like the dogs taking a.
Speaker 2: Shit out in the front yard. Looking at you, all scared and vulnerable. Some shit's coming out. I don't know what's gonna happen. No, we need foxhole motherfuckers that believe in what we are preaching. I know it hurts, it's supposed to hurt. It means you care. Pain is a part of growth. Pain is a part of success. I promise you, if this ship was easy, everybody would be doing it. It's supposed to be hard. You've got to lean into that pain. You've got to embrace that pain, because I'm telling you, look at me. If we embrace the pain and we embrace the suck, we will be tasting the gift of salvation come Saturday night. And that gift of salvation starts with Nebraska minus eleven Jack Sia Sault Brother.
Speaker 1: Let's fucking go hm.
Speaker 4: Three weeks in a row rolling with the corn. At least who you are.
Speaker 3: We got Northern Illinois at Nebraska first home game night game spreads eleven.
Speaker 4: Let's see where this goes.
Speaker 2: You said, let's see where this goes. Listen, if you've watched Bust with the Boys, you know where my head's at. There's no panic here. We're zero and two. We don't turn the ball over eight times. We're two and oh. We lost to a good Minnesota team who's two and oh, who's probably gonna beat North Carolina this weekend. We'll get to that pick in a minute. We lost to a good Colorado team that's firing. This is a money line as clear as day for Nebraska. This is that's what I'm seeing. And look, we have a good defense, we have a good run game. The keys are this, take care of the football. Win on third down. We're kind of bottom half. We're bottom half of college ball on third down. We've got to make an emphasis win on third down, protect the ball, and get Jeff going early.
Speaker 1: We need some confidence. Yeah, we're gonna run the rock.
Speaker 2: We're gonna run it down the fucking throat. We are gonna gag the Northwestern Huskies Northern I. It doesn't fucking matter what outfit they are, We're beating their ass. We can do it in the run game. However, we do. We need to get some confidence going with Jeff, get him moving out of the pocket early, painting the sidelines a little bit, some quick eat, some quick passes, marry the run, game companying each other. Week one of the regular season for Nebraska starts this weekend. You don't start a season without a home game. Look at every other team in college ball who's winning games they've played at home? Nebraska has. They've been on the road twice. Should have won both games. Turnovers, protect the football. I got Nebraska minus eleven in front of the home crowd, night game, night game in the rule era. You watch him do the media in press press conference. He's a fucking leader. I'm telling you Nebraska minus eleven. As matter of fact, I do like what Mitchell was saying here. Under its hitting both the Nebraska's games. It is now sitting at forty seven and a half. Do we go under on the Nebraska Northern Illinois game?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would go under. I would go under. You're going all.
Speaker 2: Pick alt line, you're taken under. Your not buying the Nebraska stock. But you might make a play at the under.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the under is healthy with Nebraska great defense, like you said, and and yeah, as the offense is trying to figure it out.
Speaker 2: I know eleven is a big number because our offense hasn't proved that it can do much, honestly, much of anything right now. But we don't turn the ball over, We're getting in the end zone. We don't have penalties and turnovers. We're getting into the end zone every time. Nebraska minus eleven.
Speaker 3: All right, Moving on, we have the number one team in the Big Ten, West Minnesota at UNC LINEUS seven and a half.
Speaker 2: I like this game. I like this game from Minnesota. People talk a lot, it been talking. It's funny because Minnesota has to take a lot of strays because they barely beat Nebraska and storm the field again program who hasn't lost more and four games since twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna continue to say that.
Speaker 2: But Minnesota's got a tough team now if they can get that offense going. I think North Carolina is vulnerable. Minnesota is also vulnerable, and it's a home game in North Carolina. But I like take King Minnesota plus seven and a half. Minnesota with the points. If the line moves, take the points. If it moves a little too much, then just move the line to seven and a half because I like that plus seven and a half right now, maybe they keep it close.
Speaker 1: They have good defense.
Speaker 2: I'm not sold on their quarterback at Minnesota, but maybe he'll get shit going now that he's got a couple games under his belt. You know, he had no clue he's gonna face a Blackshear defense like Nebraskan Week one. Thank god they got out of there and kicked the game winning field goals from the field.
Speaker 1: Listen, we had four turnovers that game. We win that game.
Speaker 2: If this is about Minnesota, Minnesota plus seven and a half, you can take that one home.
Speaker 1: Because also, and here's some data that backs it up.
Speaker 2: So you guys are thinking Will's just talking out of his ass right now, UNC barely beat out of State in double overtime. UNC is also two and four against the spread in their last six games. Thanks to Mitchie Billboard, Minnesota has been struggling offensively, that is true, but their defense has been stout. If they can make a couple stops and capitalize on some drives, they will keep it close. That is the words of Mitchell Billboard. Mitch, are you taking Minnesota plus seven and a half. Okay, let's go anybody going unc minus seven and a half.
Speaker 3: Not after that gross when they had overste question.
Speaker 5: I have a question because what happened last week? Will with all your North Carolina hype. They were one of the best teams ever. Drake May was a Heisman Trophy candidate.
Speaker 2: What happened one of the core values of bet the bus tell them accountability and you, JP, you are correct.
Speaker 1: I was riding high on North Carolina.
Speaker 2: Part of me it gets emotional because South Carolina let us down. I do think North Carolina has a solid team. I also think Minnesota has a solid team. That's why I like this game in Minnesota's favor, because they got North Carolina at minus seven and a half. I don't I truly lost my train of thought right there. Did you ever hear what Gilbert Chesterton said? Who Gilbert Chesterton? You ever hear what he said?
Speaker 1: Tell us?
Speaker 3: He said, if a man only likes victory, he must always come late for the battle.
Speaker 1: Can you explain that one a little bit more?
Speaker 4: You know, I think it's pretty you know, self explanatory.
Speaker 2: No, I love it, JP, you are right, you are right. Uh, there's you know, maybe there's a little too much heart involved.
Speaker 1: With this one. You want Minnesota to continue to fucking you know.
Speaker 5: You don't even gotta elaborate.
Speaker 1: I just need okay, you're right.
Speaker 2: You're right, You're right. Yeah, I was talking out of my ass. I was talking out of my ass. That's again accountability. I respect that, just like I respect you.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Moving on Game three, we got Kansas State at the ugly cousin of the SEC Missouri.
Speaker 4: The spread is six and a half. This one does seem like a layup.
Speaker 1: I like k State a lot.
Speaker 2: I know they were a team that we rode a lot last year them in Illinois. Those two teams weren't always in our bet the bus, but every weekend, I know our group chat was kind of popping off, like yo, these boys are kind of nice, especially when it comes to the gambling world. Let me tell you Missoo' schedule so far. South Dakota thirty five to ten, not good enough. Middle Tennessee twenty three to nineteen. Chalk that one up as a fucking loss, because that should be a blowout if.
Speaker 1: You're Missoo playing in the fucking SEC.
Speaker 2: And shit, Kansas State won last year forty to twelve.
Speaker 1: Kansas State is making bad teams look bad.
Speaker 2: They're averaging forty three, forty three and a half, but you know they are beating, you know, terrible fucking schools. However, they're making bad teams look bad a lot like a lot like the boys in South Bend Notre Dame right now.
Speaker 1: They're making the bad teams look bad. They look like a little machine on offense.
Speaker 2: A lot of hard working, blue collar first and last out in tangible study habits, neck up type of guys out there running around, sneaky athletic, sneaky fast, making a lot of places for Kansas State. Missoo is also zero to two against the spread this season. This is, as Jackie Sliff's just said, a layup of a pick. We are going Kansas State minus five. I don't care if the line moves a fucking minus nine and a half.
Speaker 1: We're taking Kansas State. I think this is good. I think they're gonna steamroll the fucking Missoo Tigers. Do we have a business.
Speaker 4: On the over?
Speaker 1: Do we have what?
Speaker 4: Do you know what the over is for this game? By chance?
Speaker 1: You like an hotline for this I kind of.
Speaker 4: Like the over.
Speaker 3: I mean you just said it. Kansas State is averaging how much forty four points? Forty four point three? Yeah, about forty thirty three and a half points per game? Yeah, I think it could be a sloppy defensive game with a lot of offensive strikes.
Speaker 4: So I don't know. Maybe maybe there's something there.
Speaker 1: What is the over? Do we know?
Speaker 4: Let's let's look it up. Forty eight and a half Kansas State averaging.
Speaker 1: Forty three and a half. I like what you're selling.
Speaker 4: There's data there.
Speaker 1: I like what you're selling.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, maybe a little maybe you tease it a little six and a half, a little over.
Speaker 1: Who knows, Mitch?
Speaker 2: Do you only need two legs to build a teaser like a six point teaser?
Speaker 1: We're rich. Hey, we're onto something here.
Speaker 2: We are break the teaser with the over that brings it down to what brings it down to forty two and a half for the over, and you get if you're he's going to Yeah, listen, we don't do fucking math. We do letters and particularly we do w We do money. We do money, baby. I'm telling you, take a two leg teaser in that Kansas State game.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take them up.
Speaker 2: Basically, it's gonna be a money line and a over forty two and a half. That's when you create a teaser, a little two league part late teaser. You run it at six points. You get both of those favorable Listen. Like JP said, money, next game.
Speaker 4: Next game, scariest weekend of my life.
Speaker 1: Set it up. I'll ask you, I'll ask you how you feeling. Set it up. Just build it out.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be unbiased.
Speaker 3: We have the Tennessee Volunteers playing in the swamp at night versus Florida. The spread at six and a half. You go ahead, you take this one. I love how you're staying unbiased. We told you to wear neutral colors. You're wearing neutral colors. Brother, Florida.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: The best you're gonna get out of Florida's the until the mediocre, untold story. Swamp Kings terrible starts of the year. They' row and two against the spread. They were up on Tennessee. When you look at the last six years, they're five and one. They won five in a row before Tennessee won a big game. I was there that shit was rocking in Tennessee. Tennessee is averaging two hundred and fifty seven rush yards per game, which is fourth fourth in the country. I think all lies are on Joe Milton this game, not that this is like some colossal game. However, it's a rivalry game. It's all about fuck Florida, Florida hate Week, all that type of stuff. I just think it's a big game for Joe Milton because you show up in a in a hostile atmosphere like the swamp and you put up some points, You're slinging the rock around. I think it's a big game for him. That's who I'm going to be watching. And also, is there any news this came out of Tennessee that we can rely on? Is there anything that's happened that kind of puts our? Hey, they didn't play that well over the weekend at ease.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, because everyone's talking it. Austin p It was six to six and half. You know, countless misthrows, overthrows.
Speaker 1: Bad calls.
Speaker 4: You can blame it on whatever you want.
Speaker 3: It was a horrible game and we got the w on paper, but it felt like a loss. Typically I would be screwing from the mountaintops. You know, fuck Florida. Tennessee's gonna take this, take the spread, and I am because on Sunday morning, not the coaches, but the players initiated a player only team meeting for the Tennessee volunteers.
Speaker 2: We're just doing we're doing other antics. This is just for this is for production. Yeah, this production.
Speaker 1: You know. I'm riding this. You know I'm bran Tennessee. Just finish up. I did not mean to.
Speaker 3: Again a big rivalry game. It's anyone's game because it's Florida. It does not matter what the records are. But because the players initiated a team only meeting on Sunday morning, that tells you that not only are they fucking dialed in for the game, but there's leadership there, there's presence. I do believe Joe Milton has a big bounce back game. He played really bad this past Saturday. But this is, like Mitchie has said in our notes, it's the litmus test for Joe, and I do think he's gonna go in the swamp and shut the fucking Gators up. It's gonna be a big game, it's gonna be fun. It's Florida Tennessee at night. It's kind of you know, it's what college football is about.
Speaker 2: I'm ride with you, brother, Tennessee minus six and a half. One question for you. Yeah, what does litmus mean?
Speaker 3: Uh, it's like a test to determine if something is adequate enough.
Speaker 2: Fuck, I'm telling you I got geniuses. I got geniuses. We got geniuses in this fucking locker room.
Speaker 1: Boys.
Speaker 2: What is the next game? We're going Tennessee mineuy six and a half. I like for them to go into the swamp and fucking you know either thing?
Speaker 4: All right? The next game a game that we will be in attendance for.
Speaker 3: We have the South Carolina game Cocks versus the Georgia Bulldogs in the hedges. The spread is twenty seven and a half. This is uh, yeah, I don't really knows the thing about this game.
Speaker 1: I don't either, man. It's like, listen, I'll tell you what to think about this game.
Speaker 5: In twenty nineteen, all of Georgia's last like SEC East losses, like everything before their dynasty happened in twenty nineteen. That was the last time they ever really truly lost. And who they lose to. They lost to South Carolina, and that is what they will do this weekend against South Carolina.
Speaker 1: They will lose.
Speaker 5: The year we only had three wins we beat Georgia. We beat Georgia and then the ACC champions South Carolina. We mentioned that we'll be in at that game. South Carolina hasn't lost a game in over three hundred and sixty five days that I've attended, and I'm riding that all the way down to Athens. So you do whatever you gotta do. I know what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Brother, You get my piss hot when you talk game cocks. Dude, you really do. Like I love that little spin three hundred and sixty five deal because you are you're you're saying, hey, whatever the case may be, South Carolina is always good for a big upset. You think it's coming this weekend at Athens. The line is plus twenty seven and a half. Here's why I like South Carolina outside of all that spin zones. Outside of all that spin zone stuff. I'm nervous about their defense because North Carolina and who they just play with the furman who put up some points regardless, like if they still took care of business offensively. I do like how Radler showed up through for three hundred plus with three touchdowns.
Speaker 1: I had like two incompletions.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say two or three incompletions, the backup got in, he was wheeling and dealing a little bit. It's good when South Carolina's getting a little bit of a mojo on offense similar to last year. I think it's good for that confidence, just for that momentum going into a game like South Carolina, because you can look at Week one and Chocolate up as that was sloppy ball, that was not us and everything else. Because I do I believe in coach Beemer. I like what they're doing to upset I think will be insane in Athens. However, plus twenty seven and a half. I can get on board with that. I'm gonna take the game Cocks plus twenty seven and half. Listen, Georgia is the team you want walking off the bus. I like plus twenty seven and a half. Brother, I really, I like that. Is anybody going Georgia, Mitch, It's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be huge. I'm riding with the game Cocks.
Speaker 1: Such a follow up, all right?
Speaker 2: Moving on, Hey, listen, we can't let that get out.
Speaker 1: We can't let that get out.
Speaker 2: Every good head coach has great coordinators and coaches surrounding him. That's what I'll say. You are one of them. Let's get to the bed Bus Lock of the Week presented by Proper Wild. The Proper Wild. This is the proper game. Penn State at Illinois. We got your lock of the week right here. No bs, no artificial bullshit, just like the Proper Wild shots. This will be the cleanest ass whooping you've ever seen of all time. Jack set this game up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got Penn State at Illinois. The fighting a LINEI.
Speaker 3: The spread is fourteen and a half, which is a good amount of points, but it is Penn State. So again, I don't really know where this game goes. Because Illinois has been playing decent ball this year.
Speaker 2: No, no, they haven't start did last year. I'm sorry, I'm it's okay. You're you're you're sec trust me, you're looking you dressed up right now. Your head is against it's all fuck Florida right now, And that's okay. Let the Big ten experts, myself, Mitch, we'll speak on this.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Illinois, they were good last year. However, they're not playing that good a ball yet this year. Man, and Penn State is a machine that like every receiver is touching the ball. And and Mitch, I'll get to you here in a second, because Penn State is Pence State.
Speaker 1: You're one or two.
Speaker 2: I know you love Aho State too, I do get Okay, okay, take the camera, take the moving camera, put around to your head and JP just on his forehead, just put front runner on his forehead. But hey, hey, I love their quarterback. He's dominating, got a lot of got a lot of yards. Fucking he barely, he doesn't make a whole lot of mistakes. He drives the offense downfield. They're running back by committee offense. They got stellegs in the backfield, and not only that, but the quarterback. Everybody is touching the ball for Penn State. I mean, they got a squad man, they're good in the trenches, they got tough defense. I think my pick is Penn State minus fourteen and a half against an Illinois team that I don't even think they're They're searching for their identity right now, and it ain't gonna be found in Champagne this weekend. Mitch, is there anything that you got to add on to that?
Speaker 6: Illinois defense isn't like what we were used to last year. We were riding those guys hard through the entire season. Hey, no pause.
Speaker 4: But the.
Speaker 6: Two running backs that Penn State has, Nick Singleton and Kate tron Allen. Kate run's from JP's area, Nick Singleton's from my area, PA boy and South Carolina boy just in the back, just doing their thing. I think Penn State is just I'm nervous for when my number one team faces my number two team later in the season.
Speaker 1: But it is what it is, Penn State locket, that is that is the lock of the week.
Speaker 2: I like Penn State minus fourteen and a half with anybody, Is anybody thinking that might be a game that they might not cover.
Speaker 1: Before we send these people off on a glory.
Speaker 5: At angwinsday afternoon, but k trying he's not from South Carolina. I met him at IMG. Just want to put that out there. Because he was from South Carolina, you would know.
Speaker 2: I saw your excitement, your excitement did say we grew up neighbors have a situation.
Speaker 1: But I amg a lot of history at IMG.
Speaker 2: We're at the airport last weekend and just some random cats asking you about your IMG backpack and then when it goes to some historical how it got built and everything like that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Penn State minus fourteen and a half. Guys.
Speaker 2: Look, yes, there's a quote now that i'm thinking of it. It comes from JP, which also comes from a legendary very turtle out of a movie. Yesterday is history, the future is a mystery, and today.
Speaker 1: Is a gift. That's why they call it the one.
Speaker 2: Well, the parlay put them on the parlay. They weren't taking this sports book for everything his words, boys, thank.
Speaker 1: You for tuning in to Bed the Bus. Make sure to subscribing.
Speaker 2: Leave comments because tiny kisses, we fucking love you.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 2: I couldn't say it before we started the episode because I knew your back.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, But I like the I like the I like the