Speaker 1: Coming up on To Get Loud Podcast. Yes, we're gonna preview Commanders rams.
Speaker 2: We have to.
Speaker 1: We have to. We might the win.
Speaker 3: Something about the mcribsfield by the McRib oh, probably both the legend of how.
Speaker 1: You know and everyone. It is To Get Loud Podcast with Jenks and Smooth, presented.
Speaker 2: By Seek Geek, the official taking a partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 1: I haven't had breakfast, you know what, I'm hungry for?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Damn me? What it is? Brother?
Speaker 2: Because it's back. First of all, Happy bowing day, brother, pamper day. Brother. You know what, at the end of the day, people don't understand. As we get older, the birthdays are kind of different. My friend, what about you? How do you feel? What happened?
Speaker 1: Good? Bring us up the speed, Jks, I hit fifty. That's a hard one.
Speaker 2: Happy century, half century. Listen to me. Do you remember we were young and we was like, man, by fifty, I'm gonna be married.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't even think about it.
Speaker 2: Listen fifty years. Oh it's forty the new fifty. See. I never bought into that. Now I think we get better and look younger than our parents did. While there's fifty years old but it's forty the new fifty.
Speaker 1: You just feel fifty. Oh that would mean fifty is a new sixty.
Speaker 2: Hope, not fifty is a new sixty. I'm about to die. You only get better with time, man, I appreciate you. Man, what's your obsession with the macrib? I love the crib? It changed your life.
Speaker 1: Bro Let me tell. And I know what people said that, like, do you know what's in that? I'm like, listen, you know what it's in every fast food item. Like you're like, don't yode, you know what's in the mccribb. You know what's in the Big Mac or the lam fish? None of It's great funny part about it. I don't order the Big Mac like it's my favorite sandwich. But when I go to McDonald's, which I call aka McDonald's, I go in and I ask for the big Men and yeah, the McDonald's that I go to they so used to me because I don't like Big Mac sauce, but I love the sandwich, so I get mayo instead, turn it into the Big Mick sandwich. You see like me?
Speaker 2: You love man, I'm not afraid to say it. Mayo is one of them things that people like closet love. Don't nobody want to just tell the word. Hey, yeah, I love mayo. You know people hate it. People hate it. People hate it. I don't know why with a passion, but hey, go to McDonald's telling me you want a big mix sandwich with Mayo on it. Now, the McRib I used to be, especially when we were young. I couldn't wait for the McRib to come out. Yeah, then I made my own. And then I found out that, you know what, the mind tastes better than the original. So that's when I found out of favor with the macrib. But you you have a small addiction to it that you got McRib socks and sweaters.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, McDonald's used to send me a box, and I mean a box.
Speaker 2: Of McRib stuff. I'm talking like a sweat. I have a sweater with a mc rib on it.
Speaker 1: I've got him a grib plate, I've got him a grib puzzle, i got him a ri caliler and McDonald's they don't do this anymore, but back in the day they would send me a sealed letter, personalized letter with a wax seal and the McDonald's in to close the envelope. It was every year this happened.
Speaker 2: Why did they find out about your addiction with there?
Speaker 1: I would just I would put it on Twitter, and then one day they found out about it, and they started emailing me like, hey, hey, you love the McRib took you up and that's the only thing I've ever gotten from You could have got.
Speaker 2: A million dollars, if not all over America when you could have got a million dollars for endorsing him. I would have loved to see you on the commercial biting the macrie talking about over loving me.
Speaker 1: We got a feast on the rams this weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, little ramney, little ram meat.
Speaker 1: You ever had ram meat? What's the weirdest meat you've ever had?
Speaker 2: Before we get into this, well, compared to a ram of eating goats? Okay, all right, so I think that's the closest comparison you can get to ram meat. I don't think I've ever purely had ram meat. But if you let me in the woods with a falking knife and a lighter, will come back with ramney. I believe about you. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't I've never had m but you have Gator. I've had gator. I had venison, I've had. I'm trying to think of something else.
Speaker 2: I'm probably not, as I guess my palette probably hasn't been expanded as much as you want to. About squirrel.
Speaker 1: You've had squirrel, of course, I've had squirrel. No, it's good.
Speaker 2: You know what. The meat is so fine?
Speaker 1: That doesn't sound good.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's good. But don't think you're finna just take big chunks of meat from a squirrel is a very thin, like very thing, very gamey. You know. Some people like to make squirrel soup and stuff like that. But I always tell people I'm never shocked with the animal people eat because we eat with the environment bears. So if you live in Colorado, you probably eat moose sometimes. Yeah, Anna, you know that. So so you eat what the land bears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt about it. When you talk about the rams, first of all, we all know Seama Vay used to be here. Clearly, he's got a really good job to shave.
Speaker 2: He's been great.
Speaker 1: He's been great. You turn the town on that roster, it looked like they were gonna be terrible sixty seven right now. What sort of individual matchups are you looking forward to?
Speaker 2: Offensive line versus the best defensive end, I mean, defensive tackle of our generation Aaron Donald. All right, well, that's the thing about this Rams roster.
Speaker 1: It's very high end, and then there's a drop off.
Speaker 2: No, then it's a middle. And then they got this youth movement, like with the Pooking the cords of the world and got they got a youth movement. And you remember this was this was the team they say the first rounds. Right, So at the end of the day, now they're having that big let's let's start to slowly rebuild, reshape and rebate. But what they do got's a quarterback that didn't won the Super Bowl, one of the best d tackles to ever play the game. They got two receivers that can't nobody seem to slow down. And they got the mad scientists in McBay. They're sitting there drawing all this stuff up. They will be a problem. There was a problem for the Ravens, all right. There was a problem for pretty much every team they played. So this is gonna be a had to be a team. Not only do you got to have the matchups, you need to win it. So the question is lost in at center this week of what we're doing. Who's going ahead to head with this guy? And can we finally zero in on the one or two three people that we must stop and can we address that and stop them?
Speaker 1: Aaron Donald, I just want to get your thoughts on him. Yeah, because when you say generational, yeah, that's not hyper beleeve no, no, no, no no, this is a generation.
Speaker 2: Hic go, a little gym, a little dirty gym. I got if you look at the players, and that's why I love Missippi State. Coach Cheryl was my coach. Everybody know Coach Cheryl, that's the general at the end of the day. Teams that he usually coaching plays, he usually coach. We don't bring quantity, we bring quality. Well, he used to coach at Pitt won and that's championship at Pitt.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: If you look at Pitt players for the last fifteen to twenty years, you're talking about Leshaun McCoy, You talking about Left fis Gerald, one of the best wide receivers all the time. You talk about Aaron Donald, one of the best de tayclers of all the time. So that Pit or I mean school put don't put out many, but the ones they do that, oh my god, they're gonna be yellow jackets. Yeah, I cuss yellow jacket guys. So I have to get kudos because people would say, who's winning that battle between Pitt and Penn State? Right, Uh, I'm gonna go with Pitt because if I put an all pit team together from the last twenty years, and I.
Speaker 1: Know all the back in the day, me and Joe Green. So what I'm saying, if.
Speaker 2: I put an all pit team together, I'm convinced they would be a Penn State team at the last twenty years, which is gonna have Levarrn Brown, sure, and and all these guys, come on, man, do not sleep on pitch.
Speaker 1: That's that's a good point every now and then if you look back like you're saying, or.
Speaker 2: If you decades you like that guy went to that guy went to Pitt. It's always Pit always pushes something out always, and it's always high quality. And I don't think Aaron Donald gets his love all the time because he's one of those I'm just gonna go do my work and go home type of fellas, don't really have to sell himself. Getting towards the end that the thing is, I always wonder with player, especially with greatness, we rarely retire with the team that drafted us. Yep. Can you see him in another uniform, because at one point he gonna be like, I don't want the rebuild anymore.
Speaker 1: He almost didn't come back. Now you'all paid. But when he said he was ready to walk away, I believed him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think that was just a negotiating point. He feels like a guy that when he's done, he doesn't need to go and won't go out.
Speaker 2: You know what. I can see him ending it and maybe a Raven's oh yeah, one more shot, one more you know, because everybody gets to them last couple of years and say, you know what, I'm gonna go to a team that's ready to make and ready to win a championship. I could see him becoming a Raven or something, you know. I don't see him jumping from there to Seattle or something like that. I think he's gonna go somewhere that is evidently I'm the missing piece to getting this done.
Speaker 1: I always find that fascinating too, when you think of someone's career and you forget, like EMMITTT. Smith ended with the car Cardinals, Joe Montana ended with the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Jerry with the Seattle Seattle, which was crazy. Did Reggie White put on another jersey?
Speaker 1: I don't know if he did or not.
Speaker 2: So Dion ending with US Washington like it's always blown away by I only remember you as this, Yeah, but no, I was actually this, So it happens. It's part of it. The key match up, at least one of the key matchups certainly going to be that passing offense of the Rams Sin it's his commander secondary and you.
Speaker 1: Mentioned we know Cooper Cup, but pooking the chore up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe went to Washington and graduate from BYU at fifth round draft pick. He's been awesome. No, he's been awesome. And it just shows McVeigh because he looks like a common copy of Cooper Cup. He looks like an updated version. He go to iPhone one and he go to ten. And it ain't just what they do for this their athletic ability. It's the plays and how he wants to attack people that they understand. And I'm sure he was blown away by getting a rookie like Nicoole who can say you know what, I see what you want me to do and I can go put it on the field. It's a difference in that, and I think that's why Nicol is getting all the looks he's getting. And don't forget, they still got the gun slinging. Matt through staff were the toughest quarterbacks in the NFL, and most people would never give met through a Stafford. They prop I get it.
Speaker 1: Early on he would struggle and he played with the line, but he was playing with.
Speaker 2: A broken back. Everything would miss a game, stuff like that. But to them, in their eyes, when I say Matt through Stafford, they think mediocrity. Yes, I don't know, I think high end quarterback finally got a chance, won the Super Bowl and got hurt out the words and like just like Joe Flactaverdy. Now you know, you know, I get Joe Flactaverde all the problems. But boy thirty eight years old coming off his couchs doing with a girl right now, Hey, that's a renaissance right there, renaissance man.
Speaker 1: Remember the whole Joe Flacco is he elite? Remember that back in the day.
Speaker 2: Well you remember he signed his new contract and went to mcdal's. He went to McDonald's, right, I'm sure he got the mc real did they all them? Won? I know you just one want to walk outside right now? And they just started raining mac ribs.
Speaker 1: We love it so clearly, Commanders coming off of bye week, Rams coming off a difficult overtime loss to the Ravens. So if you're the Commanders, yep, Ram's gonna be a little beat out. But when you're in a tough spot like this team is, does it help you that you had a bye week to get yourself together? It does?
Speaker 2: Does?
Speaker 1: It doesn't hurt you because you're stewing about everything?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Man, you know what, Just get away. I don't care if you go home with the town you're from, take it slow, whatever you need to do. Just get away from him mentally because it can bog you down, like especially as a football player, because that's all you see. You turn on the TV, you see yourself getting burned. You turn the TV off. Now you're getting burnt in your mind. It's just to step away. Now. We got two different situations. We got one team coming off a fifth quarter. You never want to come off a fifth quarter playing a team that's coming into a bye week. One is rested. One had a player et a quarter. We might have to slow down practice. One of them. I'm trying to speed practice up. So and the other side with the Washington team, we just want to get back on the field to get that nasty taste out of it mouth. And it's another week. And I say this cause if you look at that Miami feel like the way I broke it down. They on defense Coach rivera simplified stuff and they actually, beside a couple of big plays, played pretty good. Now you get him a bye week and another week to help installing them to know what he wants to do. I wouldn't be shocked if they came out and played the busin defensive ball Game of the Year. This game, We're gonna pay some bills, but I got I got more questions for you. Yeah, yeah, come on, you can bring the questions those and play bills at the same time.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's do both, all right, Let's start with Honda.
Speaker 2: Come on, guys, why not? Now you love Honda?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta feel the power of the CRV Hybrid and the Court Hybrid, Hondra's most electrifying vehicles yet find adventure one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks, like the Pilot Trail Sport, their most rugged SUV ever or experienced the thrilling performance of the funder drive Honda Civic with an available turbo charged engine. Get power, performance and ruggedness with Honda. Find the Honda perfect for you. See your local hundred dealer today.
Speaker 2: You know what we were talking to earlier, talking to Anna about you know gen Z yeah us yep, and now this new generation. And you know when we think of Hunda, we think of like a thousand products.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh that's true.
Speaker 2: Like when I got an engine or motorcycle came to my mind? Was motorcycle, motorcycle? You got weed eaters, you got like like it ain't nothinghunter don't do. It's like when I think a hundred, my generation hundred, dude does everything you want. A helicopter, man, I might need to call a Hunda that they might make a helicopters. I don't know. But when I think a hundred, it's bigger than I think that generation things.
Speaker 1: Sure, Yeah, Millennias are like, oh it's a Civic Uber will be here in three minutes.
Speaker 2: And it just happened to be a hundred. What about RTS?
Speaker 1: We love RTS? Why not recycle track systems transforming the way commercial businesses and communities manage waste and recycling. They combined the power of ay Ai with premium customer service to tomize waist pickup schedules, ensuring timely and efficient collections to keep our neighborhoods cleaner and greener. Visit rts dot com to learn more about how they can help your business manage waste more responsible.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked you didn't get on my shirt because it's the color of Manila wafers, and it's the color of like a Manila folder.
Speaker 1: I like it. Let's good.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, I'm shocking. Ain't get out, you know you like cast the first phone. I'm just shocked it works.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard of Manila wafer or Monila folder represent a long time.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I still use them. I still use them in like my office. Yeah, I'll be like, yeah, I pull the Manila. I'll be like, I can't get that Manila folder up nineteen?
Speaker 1: What is this? Like?
Speaker 2: Is this totally different?
Speaker 1: Where's the tide of my home? Well, look in the home folder.
Speaker 2: That's when you this's when you know we became our parents. Do you remember how hard we like fault not to do that. I remember my mama punished me one time, and I was like, I never do my kids like this in my life. Will I do these things? I don't let to do these things. I find myself feeling old with my kids because I try not to take them shopping with me because there was my mama good way of doing things. Yeah, So when I take them shopping with me and they just they be like, damn, let me get this now, I'd be like, no, that's too much.
Speaker 1: Like nah.
Speaker 2: Then it hit me right in the back of my head, like son, what are you doing you are because I'm like, you don't need that, you don't need that. Christmas coming up, that's my excuse for like four months, but my kids don't asking me stuff for like at Halloween. I'm like, no Christmas coming up. I blame everything on Christmas, And therefore I find myself turning into my parents. It's tough. You know.
Speaker 1: What hit me and I'm glad I got past it was when I finally went pure streaming, like I got a firestick more Roku instead of having cable, because I had all those cable boxes around my house and I was like cable, Hell, can you get rid of cable?
Speaker 2: I'm addicted? I have a cable addiction. I've been fine trying to find a counselor. Okay, it's hard, he listen to me. I tried because my kids were like, we don't need this. You the only one to watch TV. We watched screaming services. They were like, try it for a month. I tried it for a month.
Speaker 1: You couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: I had. I had the cable man back over there in twenty fours. You really, And then when I got it back, I was like, I don't need this, but I cannot, Like I'm gonna catch my lives stuff. They're like, yeah, you can use that. No yeah, no, no, no, no no. It's something about just hitting that box on the weather right there. Yeah, you know, famil your faces. It felt like I had lost a part in me when cable, which when I took cable right from me, and that shows that I'm old. This shows that I'm on and I'm fine with that.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: It's a privilege to get gray hair.
Speaker 1: Sometimes there's nothing on saying you know what, I like this and I'm just gonna roll with this. It reminds me one of my favorite stories is this guy played football at Tulsa Big dude.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So we were getting drinks that it was a long time ago, and I walk in next to us is after work late and this big dude played on the defensive line is holding a Cosmo.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh no, I know a lot of defensively and I looked at him. Now I was like, and before I said anything, he goes, mister Jenkins, I'm a forty old man. I drink whatever I want. And I was like, yes, sir, I was and I was like yes, And but I love that attitude, which is like, you know what, I've got to a certain age, I'm gonna do this. But at the end of the day, I want to know people. I clearly see it for what it is. And I embraced the fact that you have to get older, you have to do things a certain way, and I am fine with it. I like what I like. Yeah, not mad to say it raised people, no.
Speaker 1: Doubt about that. So it was talking about electronics cable seama Vay had a problem with his heads or the communication between himself and Matthew Stafford at the end of that game against the Ravens where Matthew Stafford couldn't hear the play.
Speaker 2: They had an extra time out. That the call of time now because I didn't want to lay a game penalty, so they had to kick a field goals to of maybe getting a game winning TD. You were in a situation where you didn't get the call or you didn't know what was going on based on lack of communication, and just after kind of free flowing it. It's so funny. It's been happening before I got in the NFL. After I got in the NFL. It's so funny how it only happened to the away teams. It ain't. It ain't never the home team. That's a good point, alright. So at the end of the day, these outos, these are these anderthal tricks of the trade, all right. These are the edges that teams tried to get. These are the things that just happened. Abra cadabral. It's like it's been as way since I was playing. Yes, can't talking headphone, can't talk to London. London called the play. So the thing about it is communication is everything, And unlike most boys, we have to communicate every play, behind every play, before every play, So if the communication was going out, it's almost it's a true black app Now we started to use silence a right. We can only use si language a quarter piece before we have to change it. Oh yeah, because the other team sideliner is looking at our side lange. So we change it as the quarter go just like the quarterback does. Now look at this, you're talking head coach, who's the offensive mastermind and the quarterback. They can't even do offense. They can't even get it rolling. Yes, they can't identify anything. Now they got to run to play in nineteen sixty six Radniki style and get the wide receiver to run the play in to the quarterback. Talk in the huddle. Tell everybody, it just took all your checks away. Yeah, it simplified the game. And now you have to play in a way that you cannot be ahead of the sticks. So is it a setback?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 2: Yes, because communication is everything in this game. Now, why does it always happen to the away team? I lead it to your imagination, right, but it happens all the time, not the first, not the last.
Speaker 1: What stands out your man? We're talking about gamesmanship. It could be anything, could be a coin flip, could be a play not getting in, getting out, a referee doing something and I'm not trying to call anyone in specific. I'm just saying one time you saw something there and gave me like, oh, we.
Speaker 2: Do it all time, and defense back because I'll hold you if they don't call it, it didn't happen, right. Oh, I'm talking all kind of trade. You would never get away from me. I just gave you seven years in jail, just talking because guess what have you ever seen this in DB's We do it so much where dude beat us by like ten year hoards and then a quarterback will overthrow it and then we'll be like.
Speaker 1: That's that always gets me. I'm like, bro, I'm like, if that passes made on the market, you get a burn. But get what this guy's like.
Speaker 2: If it was a fifth, we'll be drunk. That ain't the way it goes. Baby. He did not complete that pass, and I'm the reason why. But it was Jesus all alone. He blew that wind.
Speaker 1: In the.
Speaker 2: US, it's corners. We don't care because we won that. I run that down. Yeah, my job is trying to win all sixty five downs. I gotta go against you, and if throwing overthrowing it part of it, so bid. But we're going to talk there and have those edges in football, whatever I can get away with. It didn't happen. If I held you, I was alive and basically hold every play they it's just a matter of what you're gonna ca the ref gonna call them or not. But to them, I'm dominating you, holding you accountable. But at the end of the day, it's that gamesmanship. I'm trying to one up you. I know he liked this dig route, so I'm a cheat by playing two yours inside for stim have to run their dig route over top of me. Well, I just found a cheek hole. But it's legal, not from me studying, right, So it's all kind of and that's why I get so fine. Line. Wait, if I got to play against random hoss, I don't need no mental edge. I need a physical edge, meaning I need a physical safety over my head.
Speaker 1: I need some help.
Speaker 2: I need help, like I have been in the game and been like you know what, nine one one.
Speaker 1: Need your health.
Speaker 2: It's a bad day at the office. It's a bad day at the office. I need your help. Shaan t Hey, I'm finna play him hard. I need you over the top of me. Lee Sean springs over there by hisself. I need your help today.
Speaker 1: I never get tired of you the hard time.
Speaker 2: That's my dude, that's my running mate. He's the best robbing I ever had. You know what I'm saying, Ain't nothing wrong with that, but that's them the things you have to do. And I think people don't understand it's such a thin line because we're always trying to find an age. All right, French SMO don't like to check comebacks because he played high and don't like to get bedep where they gonna run comebacks on me until I stopped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they go football. Do you ever feel out? I think this is an interesting topic because I love the of cornerback. I really love the mentality because you have to be it's you are going to get beat.
Speaker 2: You are organized chaos. Yes, it's finest. And that's why I labeled myself like, if I had my clique, my way, that's the new thing they do now, I would just have the joker, because if you don't have the joker's mentality of chaos and controlling it and not caring what the outcome is, you cannot be the villain you need to be because it's a corner. You a villain. You cheat still in lie at all times, like that's what you do. Play in this position. And if you get beat fifty yours for the first quarter, for a touchdown twenty five and a second, you have to still be insane and you can still lock it down. You gotta be insane to the point where you're laughing. You're laughing when things are going so bad, but in your mind you also know, I got to forget that. Yeah, I got a game to play. So it comes with part insanity because you need it to have that level. And that's why most civilized people don't groom your kids to be defensive. Yeah, it's a hard life when.
Speaker 1: You're talking about what you can get away with and what you can because look at the physical game, you're always gonna.
Speaker 2: Be phisical, always trying to get away with. But have you right, So as a game has gone on, or you feel like you know how the game is going to be efficient, then you say, all right, they're gonna call this loose.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do more here.
Speaker 2: Man. We used to do scouting. We scouted referees, did you really We scouted cruise We know this crew. They like to call a lot of pass interference. I'm gonna be a little bit more less aggressive. So we scout cruise and we know who's known to do what and call what. Oh, this crew right here, they just they let the game play out. Oh do they?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Is that right? And we got who this week?
Speaker 1: Plassical.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be in this hill pocket. I'm gonna force some the call pass infields they're not prone to do it. I'm gonna be a little bit more aggressive, a little bit more sticky, a hole, whatever you wanna call. Whatever it takes to survive. So just like they do a scout report on us, we do a scout report on them. So it's a double edged sword when you're talking right.
Speaker 1: There, gem, I want to talk some college football with you. Yeah, let us let's pay some bills first.
Speaker 2: All right. Good Loud podcast is brought to you by Bet three six five, Official Sporting Sports ben partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on a range of NFL markers with bet three six five. App craft your own personalized bet slipped with parlays excess thousands of games with live screaming. Place your bet before the match. Are doing the game. It's up to you. Download Bet three six five app today. Join eighty million members worldwide, age twenty one plus. Must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem called the text one eight hundred gambler. You gotta try n W A A. You know I like to travel. Now, we don't travel to escape life. We travel so life don't escape us. That was written so well. Right there, we dream of a place anywhere in the world, and then a blink of eye, we're there. That's the wonder of flight. All you have to do is to side where to that is International Airport. Let your imagination sword book your adventure today at flight Dallas dot com. Slash non stop beautiful.
Speaker 1: Now the beat them right there, We're gonna get your We're gonna get it, Tommy to be, Jane Daniels and us. You Heisman Trophy wanted. You're a college football guy like smooth.
Speaker 2: You know I was up for the Housman and lived it. Now. You know they had a smoop for Heisman campaign because they had a deuce for Heisman campaigncallis oh yeah, we're up for that, old miss. So the only way to fight it was smooth for Heisman. Most death.
Speaker 1: Did you think about it?
Speaker 2: I did, and my coach we tried to make a little run for it. That's white. Let me play offense my last year of school. So we tried to make a run for it. But you know, the hazarding one of the things. It's with you.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna give it to a dB. I mean, I know Charles woods to.
Speaker 2: And speaking of that, I was watching a special on that and I lived it because this is my scenie year of high school. Okay, I'm what you call it d undisciple at the time. All right, everything I do is by d UN's measure yep. And I remember watching that year, watching Charles Woodson, and I was like, he's the blessing to defensive backsh so good mate, only the plays that need to be made. And then I looked at that Heisman race, three yellow jackets.
Speaker 1: Can you be Peyton that year?
Speaker 2: Yes, you got Peyton manning God's gift yep, to quarterback Randy Moss.
Speaker 1: Oh was that Randy's year? I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: Then you got Charles Woodson, Mr. Doitt All, And then you got the odd man out of the Innsinc. Group, Ryan Leaf. Yes Leaf, And when I watched that breakdown Ryan Leaf even in college, he dressed like he didn't care for the game. Yep, he had this attitude and they asked him. I heard a lot of people don't like you. How you feel about that? He's like, I don't like them. Had this attitude of attlem And you got Peyton over here, Yeah, no problem, kissing babies didn't do it. I was then you got this outlaw over here. I think that could have been That ninety seven group could be the best Hall of Fame class. I mean, of all time, there's three yellow jackets out of four three and this ain't no transfer. I went to Tennessee, Tennessee, I represent Michigan football, mister Woodson. Yeah, that's who they are. So when I look at this heisman the race, it didn't feel underwhelming because I thought Harrison Mark Harrison had a good year. Michael Pennix was very good. It's just that I think with the transport part of.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna ask you about has that hurt the game?
Speaker 2: I think it has because who is that heusman belonged to? Does it belong to Arizona State? Does it belong to l s U? Yeah? Uh where where is your connection to what is what's the reason why? Who groomed you to win his highs? Because he had to think a su Yeah, like he had to think L s U. It's it's different because we're not seeing these guys groom and sit behind people and then come to the become a T. Moreton after Peyton Manning.
Speaker 1: And also where's your allegiance? Like Jane Dennis gonna be L s U Hesmo Trophy winner? But remember j T. Daniels. Yeah, started USC and here's just to be the next great USC quarterback? Goes to Georgia, doesn't make it. Georgia goes to what West Virginia and then goes to Rice and then a few weeks ago he retired because of concussions. What is his school? No?
Speaker 2: No, what who is your alumni base?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Like who are you tied to? Like this is what the future has to go off of.
Speaker 2: No, I'm a hybrid, right, I'm a Wolverine trojan. No? No, man, you represent us? Like they go to think about it. I think this is what we're losing. And I think eventually they're gonna have to slow the port of down. Yep. And so you can only transfer. Once you can train for twice, you gotta wait a year. So they gotta do something because it's out of hand. I could have only wonder how it feels to be a pro scout, and I'm like, yeah, I'm looking at this dude at Tennessee. Oh he ain't graduated last year. Where is this dude?
Speaker 1: He's in Missouri?
Speaker 2: Like it's I know it's making their job hard, but I know it's making that alliance hard. But this one, this hides in the trophy race. Find it just felt a little bit underwhelming. I think maybe because Caleb wasn't in the mix. Drake May like, so, so, how's it like some of your top talent, Yeah, it's not in the Heisman race, and I think that took some of the lust out of it. And not only is some of your top guys not in the Heisman race, none of the guys are playing it for the national championship.
Speaker 1: Appendix is well, he was apenix is but everybody else.
Speaker 2: Yet Caleb like like, so, I think that took some of the air out of it. And James Dani's I think he's a good player. I thought he had a great year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was phenomenal.
Speaker 2: I thought a winning game with the hisman. I thought winning game with the h unless you ain't one. Now, dangn what so what I'm saying? It felt blah? Yeah? Yeah, because usually went hide me and I can't wait to turn the challenge. Yeah, who got that? His mean? And I love seeing the players that's small try to pick the trophy up. Lord Devine takes Smith picked it up. It got away like two hundred round Like me, I just would have turned that thing around. Listen. I love to see it. But I don't know, how did you feel about it?
Speaker 1: I mean, Daniels was overwhelming, and I put the stat down and I gotta make sure I get that right. Think you had a great job here.
Speaker 2: She always does a great job.
Speaker 1: Total offensive yards per game, Yeah, four hundred and twelve point two seventy four yards better than the next best player. Oh no, no, he was unstoppable.
Speaker 2: He deserved it. But when I say Heisman, all Heisman trophy people, the people that want it have a Heisman moment, yes, Desmond Howard, Oh Heisman.
Speaker 1: The best Heisman moment is ever.
Speaker 2: RG three Heisman moments. Oh, and this is what this reminds me of, Like Jaydon Daniel even tally wise reminds me of RG three Bodybill RG three. Uh, look at the RG three won it. Stat's very similar. So that's how I kind of graded off of it.
Speaker 1: Did you see the I think it was the picture that went viral right after Jadon won the Heisman Trophy. As and you mentioned Arizona State. Remember when he left Arizona State. What they did this was under Herm Edwards and they were so this is when the portal was first getting started and he got in the portal and his teammates cleaned out his locker. They were calling him a loser for leaving the Sun Devils and he goes to LSU and wins the heights first of.
Speaker 2: All Sun Devil fam come he left to go to the SEC. Yes, I'm sorry, this is not softball. I know y'all killing softball, but this is the football. You never get mad when people upgrade, so ja because somebody upgrade, you can't get mad. It's life. They can't get mad because they man upgrade. I don't want to see here and lose with y'all. And azon't think about this if you put up these same stats in on Arizona State do he win and hide don't. No, no, because they lose a ton of games than you, and they'll be like, no, you stats to inflated because you come from behind every each in every game. So I'm sorry. Never get mad when people go up with a left Yeah. Yeah, like I could gratulate. I do not hate on pay some bills. We got to talk about Tom and the Vito. Yes, we do. Da voochs.
Speaker 1: Honda guys, have I talked to you about Honda?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You gotta feel a couple of times. You gotta feel the power of the Honda c RV Hybrid and Accord Hybrid, Hondra's most electrified vehicles yet. Find adventure one of Honda's rugged SUV's in trucks like the Pilot Real Sports, Honda's most rugged SUV in history. Or experience the thrilling performance of the fund to Drive Honda Civic with an available turbo charged engine. If you want it, get power, performance and ruggedness with Honda. Find the Honda perfect for you. See your local Honda dealer today and come on now.
Speaker 2: Come on Seat Geek.
Speaker 1: It's official Seat Geek is the official ticketing partner of your Washington Commanders.
Speaker 2: The dealer is finalized.
Speaker 1: Seat Geek is the newest member of the Commander's family because we're family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we all family. Bro the happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you, I'm talking about We're family.
Speaker 2: If you haven't heard the name yet, get used to it, because you will hear it a lot more this season and into the new year.
Speaker 1: Whether you're buying or selling tickets to Commander's games or any other live event in the DMV, Seat Geek is the place to do it, the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commander.
Speaker 2: So Commander's fans see Geek because I'm going to see Taylor's will perform on the Moon and they found me to musk. I'm kitchen a ride with him?
Speaker 1: All right? What is that space ex go there, Space x Z and Y. You know what, Temmy the Vito the veto listen.
Speaker 2: This is what I've learned. Okay, when you're having a losing season in the NFL, the only thing can save a losing season to feel your story is a winning story.
Speaker 1: This is a great story.
Speaker 2: This is New Yorkers saying we are New York Tommy cutlets listen to me. At the end of the day, even with the side this New York. He represents them met life. We'll be packed losing because of a movement, all right, And this is what you need when you just don't have the product to put on the field and you need a story to beat that product. True, the veto has been that story. Listen to me. This man, no matter what goes on, has seen Mint himself. He represents a whole class of people. You don't need anybody else there. It's gonna be Italian everywhere in there representing for they man. He's the man and then the agent. This cat. Let's give him a name. I think his name is Polly. Let's let me get let me get his guy name. It has to be just what you think the name.
Speaker 1: I read it earlier today I forgot it.
Speaker 2: Did you know his agent is going into the Italian American Hall of Fame in Chicago? I think this weekend. I swear. Oh my god, yes, he just was a star for three seconds with the NFL. He just was a star.
Speaker 1: Shan still outo?
Speaker 2: Is that not right?
Speaker 1: Is that not?
Speaker 2: They probably call him big Shun. Thank you. Listen, hey, just imagine getting on the phone they're hitting up to vdo. Yeah, what you doing I'm going with big shun Stato. I'm like, are you coming back? Let's take it, Let's let's take a boat trip. I'm not taking a boat trip with not me. No, no, no. If you want to meet me, is gonna have to be on Third Street in public, in public. I'm not doing it with you. But boy, the look of it, the vision of it. I listen. I love stories. That's always been my telling. This is a great story, no matter what his career turns out to be.
Speaker 1: His family was outside the stadium handing out cutlets and pasta before the game.
Speaker 2: And guess what, I bet they didn't have none. They did not they did not have none left. This is a cultural thing here, Like everybody loves cultural representation. It's the ultimate flatter because when you do it, when you achieve. I achieved this. That's why I love it so much. Like listen, ride it out the rest of the season. Listen, I should be scared to go to a Giants gay right now with Selado and the rest of the boys sitting there, Like, think about walking up there and I got on Washington stuff and I'm just walking past the line. Nothing but Italian. You know, used to take that off right, no problem.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing. He will look Daniel Jones started quarterback. They pay him when he's health he'll start, but he'll always and who knows what's gonna happen, but he'll always have this.
Speaker 2: You know why I don't like Daniel Jones. You know it right, No, I don't because it's name too regular to be a quarterback. Now I'm riding with the Veto. You call m Danny Dimes.
Speaker 1: Name Daniel Jones, Daniel Jones, real estate agent, Daniel Jones, school counselors, Daniel Jones.
Speaker 2: There's nothing, no aura around it, and I think with great quarterbacks, it needs to be an aura around you. Certain names t hear me, certain careers, and I looked at Daniel Jones, I were like, I love him as an athlete. He's faster than most people think he is. He can throw the ball. But his name is Daniel Jones. This is just just like putting up to a gas pump and putting in regular.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing.
Speaker 2: Can I have twenty dollars a Daniel Jones?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Listen to it's the Then you got a guy the Veto behind you, the name different, great quarter Vito hits, Joe Montana hits, Steve McNair hits even RG three hits like it's something about Eli Manning.
Speaker 1: But who is he? Like, Hey see, this is why you were meant to be a pro football player.
Speaker 2: Smooth, Yes, it rocks coolly. That came off the same way, like it's just some about a name that had star power. And Daniel Jones ain't got no stop power. The Vito got stop power. And the funny thing about the Vito, I think what he's doing this year, he's probably gonna be the backup quarterback there for like the next twelve years.
Speaker 1: Let him do it. That's the big best job for Friday Jersey. This guy will never buy another meal, not to buy another drink.
Speaker 2: He's not gonna buy another drink. He's basically Frank Sinatra. I mean, I know right now he's the modern day imagine walking down the street with the veto the only person that can walk down right beside him right now and get just as much pulling him. It's a Broadway Joe. That's it. That's it. That's it. He'll probably have on like a fur coat with no shirt on, chest hairs out.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing. You look at him, I'm like, that looks like a Tommy divide.
Speaker 2: You know, he looks I could see him literally eating his chicken cut it with his hand up.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: I think it's a great story. I think it's good for the NFL. NFL been a have lately been illegal stories, especially with the Taylor's wheel and legal stories, and I think the the Beato story defines the Giants twenty twenty three year.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you about Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Patty old Patty Mahomes unlike he's got a name, Patty Paddy Mahomes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we know the drill by Now. He was upset with that off sides call on Darius Tony, but I, at least personally, I thought this was out of character for him. Yeah, I understand that that particular penalty isn't called often, but penalties, he was offside, he earned a penalty.
Speaker 2: And then after the game, when I saw the way he treated Josh Allen, where how many times Josh Allen had to take the l in that series?
Speaker 1: Many of many a time? And then Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen's like, you know, hope you stay healthy whatever, and Patrick Mahons like, worst ever call I've ever seen. The walks off, and I was like.
Speaker 2: All right, man, because we emotional. Like the one thing I've already said that I didn't agree with is the fact that right after emotional adrenaline field four hours, you literally stick a camera in that face right after and you won't clear answers. We're gonna give you, Richard Sherman if you do that, because we are real bottled with emotions right now. I'm sure Patrick had time to just cool off. Yeah he would have been fine, but in that moment, he's oblivious. Yeah he's out there. I'm mad. And he came back and he apologized. He told her, he said, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything like that to you. You had nothing to do with the call. So at the end of the day, when when everything comes down, then I think that Mike should be putting in faith. But then they do. We are raw emotion at its finest.
Speaker 1: You have to be emotional player.
Speaker 2: If you're not emotionally in love with the game, we don't want you on our team. So us as teammate would have been like, be all right, and he's so grown and so there that he like he got him and said that was my thumb. Sorry, that was that was between me and the RELs. And guess what Tony was outside like, wasn't no fan bust somebody like, we're mad at the River Reeds when they don't make a call, but then when they make a call that's correct, right, we're mad at them, Like the job is almost impossible. So I thought the RELs did their job right there. Maybe you get Tony to line up correctly, we won't be in this spot. Great play call, by the way.
Speaker 1: Great And my favorite part of that too was I heard someone say, you know, if you look throughout the game, Tony was lining up all sides all game. They never called it. I'm like that he was getting away with.
Speaker 2: Him and then they were probably warning him because they do a good job of it. Hey hey, hey, wire receiver, I need you to step back a inch. Yeah you've been. You've been across the line a couple of times. Hey, Conor, I need you stepped back inch. You're a little bit too close your help and lining up in the ridge, I mean on the line of scrim They tell you these things, and Tony yet and still went out there and did it when out of wire c was And I think this is what he Mahomes is frustrated about. When the wire c we was gonna start letting him down, when of his wire receivers going to stop letting him die? Set He's I think he's projecting because the Chiefs, look, it's always going to be Andy and Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 1: We've seen drops, we've seen the sides penalty. They are not as dangerous as they have been.
Speaker 2: And guess what, maybe it's just fatigue of going championship playoffs, I mean championship championship game, super Bowl, super Bowl, super Bowl. Your team gets fatigued, like no wonder. We've not had many back to back champions It's just so hard to do. And maybe they're in a fatigue zone right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's a very good point. All right this weekend, Yeah, Commanders, La Land, we finally get so football.
Speaker 2: What is the key to this team? I'm not talking about staying close getting a dub. It's all about Coach Rivera in his defense. Okay, if you cannot stop the Rams from scoring, you do not have a chance. And we on the road. One thing you cannot do cannot let them start fast. Defense, have to make players on special team. Seventy five percent made of defense, keeping pooping the cool Cooper cup at the end zone, defensive backfield. I think the defense. You win games on the road with your defense, your offense, just your traveling companion at that time, What can we do? Can we control the line of scrimmage? With John Allen, d run Payne, Jamie David is not playing. Who fills in that gap? Kim Kurle? Can he make plays? So? One thing we know about Sean McVay, he's gonna go in and find your weaknesses and he's gonna come out and he's gonna tack him over over. The one thing I learned about watching Sean mvay. If the play works in the first quarter, you're gonna see it in the second third, in the full right, he's gonna repeat it, and he's gonna keep coming at you. So can coach Raver's defense go out here and make plays? We need at least four or five secs. Yep, we need a turnover. We haven't had an interception in seven weeks. Has it been out It felt like it's been the early sixties. All I'm saying is this we gotta go get the ball back.
Speaker 3: Change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's stun everyone. Let's get a much needed dub. Commanders win. Yeah, look, ribs all the way list win this game. Ribs on me, I'm gonna rain. Make ribs if you use. And opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.