Speaker 1: The Apple Watch Series ten is here. It has the biggest display ever. It's also the thinnest Apple Watch ever, making it even more comfortable on your wrist whether you're running, swimming, or sleeping. And it's the fastest charging Apple Watch, getting you eight hours of charge in just fifteen minutes. The Apple Watch Series ten available for the first time in the glossy jet black aluminum compared to previous generations. iPhone Tennis are later required. Charge time and actual results will vary.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roeblass, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 3: Welcome in episode one sixty four, What's right with Nick right Ton to do today? After a week off do your fresh off vacation to the Hamptons, prepping for her vacation of the Caribbean, then prepping from there for her European cruise. So we are very lucky to have her today and Thursday, because she is just gonna be a world travel until Yeah, of course you're gonna be here Thursday, and so we're gonna have her today and Thursday and then who knows, you know, as she finishes off for summer. We have a ton to do. I wanted to go to Vegas this past weekend to see Summer League playing a World Series Poker event. Ended up not doing that, but I know we are going to talk Summer League here in just a moment. Here is what did not make the show. Not on today's show. Olivia Rodrigo, one of my favorites, has released a new single called Vampire, also no listening show. I have not yet listened to it. It was sent to me, but I have not yet listened to it. For Fury Almost at Furrey Titsan Fury and Nigano boxing in late October and Joey Chestnut defeats the Elements to win. Uh, I don't even know what it's called. Championship. I guess number sixteen. I despite my very popular Joey Chestnut public defender from years ago. That's a great photoshop our guys made. I am not a fan of the Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest. I'm not a big fan of Joey Chestnut. People think I'm into it because I did such a brilliant job a year ago doing Nick Wright public defender for him. But we have much more important things to discuss, Diora, what are we starting with?
Speaker 4: Okay, so we got a mixed bag from web early in the summer league on and off the court, and now he is shut down for the rest of the summer and he's avoiding the media for the next few months. A little concerning, right when Lebron came into the league, he embraced the hype is wumnby showing signs that he isn't ready for the expectations.
Speaker 3: Who no one would be ready for these expectations, and they're unfair expectations. I don't care so much that he's not gonna play the rest of the summer league. That's not a big shocker to me. And I'm also I also don't care that he's gonna try to avoid the media for the next couple months to kind of reset and then get, you know, the last couple months of maybe privacy, and I don't even know if he's gonna have privacy, but then he might have for the rest of his life. So none of that bothers me. But on the court, don't say I didn't warn you. And there is this, There was this. So his first game ever in Summer League, he was objectively really bad offensively, still made some nice defensive plays. His second game in Summer League, he was very objectively very good offensively and made some very nice defensive plays. But in the forty eight hours between the two games, or twenty four hours, thirty six hours, whatever it was, yeah, forty eight hours, there was a really weird thing that happened on the internet, which was the most clear cut, obvious straw man arguments being batted down by people in sports media. I couldn't go thirty minutes without seeing a tweet from someone one of my colleagues or someone in sports media saying, oh my god, oh so now Wimby's a bust. A guy can't have one bad summer. No one, there was literally nobody that after the first was like lok, he sucks. That take did not exist in nature. Yet folks were demanding everyone calmed down and not have that take that literally no one had. It was a really weird, like Princess Bride style, I know what, you know, what, I know what you know type of thing going on when it flatly wasn't going on. And what is true is that those of us who watched him, and it's not like I was watching a ton of French basketball, but consuming I would say more than just the average basketball fan and those of us that followed him over the last eighteen months, I think most of us were not shocked that offensively, this young man is going to have a lot of work to do. He is not a knockdown shooter, no matter how pretty the stroke looks and how good of a free throw shooter he is. He is a good ball handler, very good ball handler, great ball handler for someone his size, but still at seven five, if you're trying to dribble in traffic, you are going to have the ball taken from you somewhat. And he wants to play out on the perimeter, which can be devastating but also is going to mean he's gonna have some really rough offensive nights until and unless he starts to develop a consistent jump shot. None of that is shocking. None of that Now. How bad he looked Friday night was a little surprising, but it's a lot of pressure, a lot of expectations. He hasn't played in a couple months. Then he bounced back with a great game Monday. But this was why I was begging people to accept the possibility that if this guy turns into a better version of Anthony Davis, a great defensive player who can be a thirty point a game guy at some point in his career. I begged people and I will continue to to not have that outcome be looked at as a failure. But it's already we are already past that because we had who was it that said it? You know, a guy I like a lot, Kenny Smith came out recently and he's gonna be League MVP within four years. That I don't see. Not saying it's impossible, but that is not a fair expectation that. Now, Shack didn't win within four years, but Shack was that level of player. But I screwed this up on the podcast a few weeks ago, Shack played multiple years of college. Kareem obviously was MVP in year two. Kareem played four years of college. Lebron almost won MVP in year three. He's not Lebron. So defensively, he is going to be instantly excellent because of his length and ability to alter shots offensively. If he is hanging out on the perimeter, he is going to have a lot of ups and downs. And if he is going to play down low, where his size be its biggest edge, he's probably gonna have to gain a little bit of weight. So I'm not out on Wimby. Nobody right now is out on the guy. But demanding he walk into the league and be a force is unrealistic, unfair, and you shouldn't have needed to see a couple games of Summer League to believe that. I get the upside. But a guy who's going to night in, night out be more impactful on the offensive end is the kid who went number three, Scoot Scoot. I believe he's gonna win Rookie of the Year Scoot. I believe he's gonna play more games. Scoot, even though he suffered the kind of odd random shoulder injury is gonna be the healthier of him, certainly early on, and scoots upside obviously is not what Wimby's is. But in the short term, scoots game offensively will translate better and easier to the NBA. But it was so frustrating seeing these folks say, oh, I you know, who's gonna be the one that was? That was the other thing. People were like, who's gonna be the hot take artist to come out and call Wimby a bust? People were wanting these takes to exist that did not exist. But go ahead, no, okay, but there is, just for whatever it's worth. I wouldn't find it more ridiculous if someone came out and said, ah, I don't believe in him. I don't think he's gonna be that good. I don't find that more ridiculous than the almost conventional wisdom take, which is he is the greatest prospect in the history of the sport. I don't agree with that. I think there are too many questions about what his offensive game will be and too many very fair concerns about his health because we have literally never seen a guy his size have a long injury free career. All right, next, so.
Speaker 4: We missed a week on this show, but luckily Damon Harden waited for us. The consensus is that Dame will land in Miami, and as of now, Harden has the best odds to land with the Clippers. Would either move really matter in the end, or would both teams still fall to the Nuggets or even your Lakers?
Speaker 3: Well the clip listen, I'm not sure Harden's leave it. He Joelle Embiid still wants him. Harden was at Michael Ruben's white party in the Hamptons that I assumed you were as well, Deora, hanging out with Embiid and Embiid Hardening, Tobias Harris, I think Maxie as well. We're all there together. But if Hardened were to go to the Clippers, I don't think that makes the Clippers contenders. I think the Clippers are a fake team with despite you know, as great as ty lu Is because of Kawhi. I don't think they have a great basketball culture there, and the injury concerns for them are the highest of anyone in the league. So take that out of it. Dame is going to go to Miami. The number of people pulling against it is baffling to me. And I've tried to talk about this on TV and I know it has made some people angry. I am not taking a shot here. It is just to me, an accurate and fair reading of what's going on. There seems to be a ton of folks on the other network that are reporting on this from the Blazer's perspective, almost exclusively, what the Blazers want, what Miami would need to do, what other teams would need to do, the Blazers position of power, all of this, which is fine, but it does warrant mentioning to the audience. And I'm not saying they haven't, but it I think a lot of the audience doesn't know or doesn't remember that the number two at the Blazers, the guy beneath Joe Cronin, Mike Schmidtz, has been there for a year. Prior to that, he worked at ESPN for five five years, so of course he has relationships there. Of course he has friends there, and there are so there is that kind of contingent. It's not all the folks there, to be clear, that to me, are skewing what the public expects here. And then there are folks that either don't like the heat or have a different favorite team in the Eastern Conference and don't want to see Miami get Dame. And they keep discussing this as if Miami's offer is terrible. Miami's offer, objectively speaking, is not terrible. You would what's the best offer they can give right now? They're twenty twenty eight first round pick, their twenty thirty first round pick, Jimei Hakkas Junior, who they just spent the number eighteen pick on this year, so that's a first round pick. Nikolay Jovich, who they spent a very I think the thirtieth but a very late first round pick on a year ago. Call that a half a first round pick, but a guy who has played well in the summer League looks like he has upside. Tyler Hero, who I agree Tyler Hero does not fit the Blazers, but he is worth on the open market himself at least a first round pick. You could potentially include Caleb Martin. Probably gonna be including Lowry for salary purposes. If not Lowry, Duncan Robinson that that is not a terrible trade. It's not one hundred and twenty five cents on the dollar. It's certainly not the go bear trade. But it's not a terrible trade. But here's the more important piece. It's the only goddog trade there is right now. Boston is not trading Jalen Brown and the Sixers thus far have been unwilling to move off Tyrese Maxie. So if there are no other trades, it is the best trade, even if it's not a great trade. Now, Joe Cronin came out this week and said, we're fine with this going on for months. I don't believe you. I do not believe there is any realistic chance that Damian Lillard is on the Portland Trailblazers game one of the season. It is they have too much of an opportunity to just give the keys to the car to Scoot let it become his franchise. They're not gonna have this Dame thing drag on. So I understand folks want Portland to have more leverage than they actually do. But Dame's agent, Aaron Goodwin has done a good job making it clear to other teams that Dame does not want to be there. Therefore, other teams have not given up their best offers. A team like Utah that people thought might be a real player in this has not been in Utah doesn't have the open cap space anymore, so they'd have to match the salary, which is not that easy for them. The Spurs thing was always make believe, in my opinion, running out of teams. So Minnesota is an interesting one. I said that on TV a couple weeks ago Karl Anthony Townsend Dame a flip flop there, But it doesn't look like Minnesota is intrigued by that, So I don't know. I think Harden might stay. And even if Harden goes to the Clippers, they're not a contender. But if Miami got Dame, Miami won the East this year without Tyler Hero, without those future picks, because they're future picks, and they would be adding Damian Lillard, of course, they'd be the favorites in the East. And absolutely they could beat Denver, and absolutely they can beat the Lakers. With Dame, Jimmy Butler and bam Adebayo, that would be an excellent top three guys to go alongside the best coach in the league. All right.
Speaker 4: Next, Dak Pascott is embracing his football mortality as he enters his age thirty campaign. He says there's one thousand, a sense of urgency to win the Super Bowl this year. Does anyone have more pressure than the Cowboys in dak this year?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean the Bills have the most pressure of anybody in my opinion. But the Cowboys having not even been to a conference championship game in almost thirty years now, and they moved on from Kellen Moore and they you know, they a lot. They they're ceiling for you know, your entire life. And then some Diora has been Round two of the playoffs. But I actually liked the spot the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Earn.
Speaker 3: I talked about this with Cowhert on his podcast on the volume. Obviously, Philly and San Francisco are the two Vegas favorites in the NFC, and deservedly so. However, Philly had massive trouble all year when they played real quarterbacks. And it is incredibly hard to go to back to back Super Bowls and it is incredibly hard to overcome losing the Super Bowl. So, just for the sake of argument, say Philly doesn't get back. The Niners have been playing this quarterback roulette for the last few years. They now have you know, Trey Lance has fallen totally out of favor. It would appear Sam Donald is Sam Donald. I don't care if he's with Kyle Shanahan. And then there's Party, who was good last year but is coming off a major elbow surgery. Say, the quarterback position is just too bad for them this year. If it's not the Niners or the Eagles, the Cowboys gotta have the best shot of anybody in that conference. Seattle and Detroit were good stories and fun stories last year. Are either one of those quarterbacks gonna duplicate what they did. There's no one in the NFC South that Warren's believing. And I know Saints fans get mad at me, but there just isn't the The Cardinals are not trying to win, The Rams are not gonna be able to win. The Vikings defense is a train wreck, and they were incredibly fortunate last year to have the record they did, and they got exposed in the playoffs. It's not gonna be that like the Giants were running out of teams. So I actually think I might believe in the Cowboys this year, even though I don't believe in the coach. A Dack's fine, He's like the eleventh best quarterback in football. Fine, the smart money I get it is Eagles Niners, and last year I was in on the Niners. But if it's not one of them, the Cowboys gotta have the best chance of anybody, all right, Last one.
Speaker 4: The quarterfinals at Wimbledon are underway. Time for Nick's tennis corner. Who wins? If it's Djokovic and Alcarez.
Speaker 3: Good job? So I picked Carlos Alcarez before the tournament. I really liked what he did yesterday and dropping the first set and then storming back to victory. The draw is it's not really like super favorable for either one of them. The rest of the way. It's not like one of them has a way easier path. You could argue that Djokovic has the slightly easier path, but in the quarters, Alcarez is playing the six seed Ruin and Djokovic is playing the seventeen seven seed rube Lev. I think Rubylev is probably a little better than Ruin, But do you call that a wash? And then you would think that in the semis al Karez would play Medvedev because he's playing the unranked American U banks Uh, and that Djokovic would play center Janick Center because he's playing an unranked guy himself. So but call that part of wash. It is I think we're gonna get al Karez Djokovic, and I'm gonna stick with al Karez, even though Djokovic right now to win the tournament is minus two hundred and al Karez is three to one. Now, I did give you, guys, if you remember Medvedev as the long shot and he's now still alive in the quarters. Here is what I actually want to talk about here. What I'm not a you know, Djokovic. If you'd asked me eighteen months ago the greatest tennis player ever, I would have said better than Nadal than Djokovic. Djokovic continues to make a case, though maybe the strongest case, that it might be him. So Djokovic has won the last four Australian Opens that he has played in nineteen, twenty twenty one and twenty three. Now that is not for a consecutive because he did not play in twenty two because he was not allowed into the country because of the vaccine stuff. Djokovic has won the last four Wimbledons he's played in eighteen nineteen twenty one. In twenty two. There wasn't a tournament in twenty because of COVID, so he has a chance to tie the all time record for consecutive Wimbledon victories with a win in this one. He could tie Roy Emerson's record. The hold on, let me check that, actually, because how many Wimbledon can? Is it four or five? I think it's winds streak record? Men's I'm so I know Borg won? Did Borg win five in a row? Sorry? Guys, I should have looked this up before the show. When you do go to Borg wiki, you get the actual like a Borg, not Bjorn Borg. Uh, how many Bjorn Borg won Wimbledon? Yeah, five years in a row, as did Federer. So that's the record. So he could tie that record with a win here. But what it would also mean for Novak is this. He has won the last four Australians he's played in. He's won the last four Wimbledon's he's played in. He has won two of the last three French Open he's played in, with the one loss coming in the quarters to Nat All. He has a chance for the single season Grand Slam, which he almost won in twenty twenty one when he won the first three majors, and then the US Open that year he made it to the final but lost in straight sets to Medvedev. What he's in the midst of is an all time run, and if he were to win this, it's really hard to not admit, even if you don't love him and I don't love him, that he's probably the best ever. And the fact that he has racked all of this up is truly it remarked that he did it. He started his career during Federer's heyday and then had to go through Nadal's entire heyday. And I understand he has gotten a lion's share of his majors, not the majority, but ten of them in the Australian, but ten Australian, three French, sitting on seven Wimbledon, three US Opens. It's also odd to me that he has been so successful at the Australian and not nearly as successful at the US Open, but set that aside. So it's twenty three majors one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, another eleven finals in all time, maybe the greatest career ever. It's weird because I just don't think he's better than Federer, but the numbers at this point are becoming undeniable, and he might have left a few majors on the table because in twenty twenty two couldn't go ahead.
Speaker 4: Well, kouldn't Djokovic tie fed for what do.
Speaker 3: You mean for the most consecutive Wimbledon's. Yeah, yeah, that's what he would be doing. He'd be tying, But I'm saying he wouldn't be breaking the record god tying Federer and bjorn Borg if he wins this now. Again, it is weird because it's not five years in a row, but it's because they didn't the tournament didn't happen in twenty twenty. For the Australian Open, he didn't participate in twenty twenty two, so he doesn't actually have that street going. I'm simply saying he hasn't lost at the Australian Open since twenty eighteen, he hasn't lost at Wimbledon since twenty seventeen, and a chance for a single season Grand Slam. With all that said, I'm rooting for Acres. I hope the kid gets it. He won the US Open last year. I hope he starts an unbelievable run, quick break come back play uh, and he could also. That's the other thing you could tie Federer on. Sorry about that is most career Wimbledon victories. He can tie him for the most consecutives and the most career wimbled in victories, which I think is what you were referring to come back play some nick stra damis some public defender. And for any married people out there, I had an argument this morning that it would appear everyone has had we discussed that next. What's right?
Speaker 5: Hey there, Ryan Reynolds here, It's a new year, and you know what that means. No, not the diet resolutions a way for us all to try and do a little bit better than we did last year. And my resolution, unlike big wireless, is to not be a raging and raise the price of wireless on you every chance I get. Give it a try at midmoble dot com slash switch.
Speaker 6: Five dollars up front payment required equivalent to fifteen dollars per month new customers on first three month plan only, taxes and fees, extra speeds lower above forty gigabytes on unlimited cementmobile dot com for details.
Speaker 3: I want to remind you guys. AG one is the daily foundational nutritional supplement that supports whole body health. I drink it each morning. Tastes great. All great athletes have one thing in common. They take care of their bodies and a huge part of that starts with optimizing whole body health. So here's a question. CP three is now a Warrior. We'll see if you can fit in with Golden State. Which leads us to the question today, which is will the addition of CP three support the overall health health of the Warriors the way AG one delivers comprehensive nutrients to support whole body health. I'm not sure. He had a very interesting answer when he was asked about coming off the bench, and he was like, are you the coach? And theoretically the Chris Paul thing helps the Warriors. You can run an offense. When Steph goes to the bench, he won't have to play nearly as much, so maybe he can be healthier come the postseason. He is an incredibly smart player. He's two years removed from leading the league and assists, three years removed from being the best player on a finalist, but this is a team he had a real rivalry with, and in his entire NBA career, he has started every single game his entire college career. The only game he didn't start was when he was suspended first punching Julius Hodge in the groin. Like the personality part of this could be a tough one, but because he's an expiring contract, he also could be a trade chip for later in the year, so I understand why they did it. They had to move off Jordan Poole. I'm not sure it works. The reminder ag one is a really effective daily habit with high quality sourced ingredients is another reason why I trust ag one each and every day. I may not have all the answers, but if the comprehensive solution is what you need from your supplement routine, then try ag one and get a free one year supply of Vitamin D and five free ag one travel packs with your first purchase. Go to drinkag one dot com slash what's right. That's right with a W that's drinkag one dot com slash What's right? Check it out all right? Before we get to Nick right, public defender, should we talk about the toaster thing from this morning? Scoot?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 3: Okay, do you want to set it up? Or should I can you can say. So, we, like everyone in America, basically have a toaster in the house. We use it basically every morning, either for pop charts or Deanna goes to summer camp and has a sandwich that's toasted. It is if I am ranking kitchen appliances by use, coffee maker is the number one seed because it is used every single day without fail. Microwave is the two seed, and toaster is the three seed. And not to say this is gonna sound odd. We have a pretty big kitchen, so island in the middle of it. There's two counters, there's two sinks. We have a nice size kitchen. Yet what happens do youorra every time someone uses the toaster.
Speaker 4: It's left on the counter, and Mom has a fit.
Speaker 3: It is left on the counter, which is I wouldn't even consider it being left on the counter. It is on the counter because that's where it goes. And your mother says, why won't anyone ever put the toaster away? So finally, this morning, your little sister just made a fatal error a and said what we all were thinking, which was, Mommy, why do we even have to put the toaster away, to which I then made an even more fatal error and said, Deanna, don't ask your mother that. And then I said the quiet part out loud as they say, which is that's the type of thing you say to me and your sister when your mom's not around, so we can laugh about your mom being crazy. And then she said, no, one keeps toasters on the counter. It's not done. So I tweeted, taking to Twitter for the pettiest reason imaginable to win the silliest argument of my life. At your house, do you keep the toaster A on the counter? B in a drawer slash cabinet said in a counter. But what was more noteworthy was everyone seems to be having this same exact argument. This has been for Matt Oates. This has been a point of contention of my home. I kept it on the counter. Not only does my fiance keep it stored in the cabinet, but as a neat storage sleeve to put it in before storage. Another person writes the on the counter, Paul Hedley says, on the counter, though my wife tries to sneak it away whenever she can, ali me the counter wife the cabinet. Result, wife wins every time. The it is so funny to me how many married people have the same arguments, no matter where they live, how they were raised, whatever it is, it is just And here is what. And I understand you are in twenty twenty three that maybe I'm not supposed to say this. Maybe this is gender normative. I'm not sure. Maybe there's part of the patriarchy. I don't know. But well, there are twenty eight thousand votes in this poll, hundreds of responses. Why do you what do you think? It is an honest question for you? Here is what I did not get one of I the husband want it put away, but my wife wants it on the counter. Why, well, no, I'm asking that's an honest question. That is an honest question, which is why was it unanimous that if there was a disagreement about where the toaster goes, it is the woman in the household that wants it put away and the man in the household that thinks this is ridiculous it stays on the counter.
Speaker 4: Guys tend to care less than one.
Speaker 3: So okay, so that's the answer. I think that's the right answer. I but I could and your mom.
Speaker 4: Cause I don't think I think a lot of like a lot of these people like don't actually care where it goes. They just don't want to put it away, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just don't. I just think it like you thought, and like your little sister thought. It's a plug in device that is used regularly. Let's leave it plugged in. Your mom said it would be like leaving the waffle maker out, which is just such a we make. We use the waffle maker once every two weeks if we're lucky, like it is. It's not a blender, it's not a waffle maker, it's not an air fryer. All those things I understand to be put away. It's the toaster. But evidently this is a conflict folks have been having for years in really relationships. Who knew all right time for the first game, do you or what are we doing?
Speaker 4: We're doing Nick Wright public defender. So before we get to Nick shanamis there's someone who needs defending. NBA two K player ranks we're released in there are five players with a game high ninety seven ranking Jokic, Giannis Embiide, Luca and Lebron Nikola. Jokic is the unquestionable number one player in the league. Is somehow tied with a guy going into his age thirty nine season. Counselor defender client Nikoliokch.
Speaker 3: Well, your honor, my client needs no defending. Even as most ardent critics in the media, such as Nick Wright have conceded he has answered every question and he does deserve to be called the best player in the league, even if some people believe it's Giannis Jokich's, my client has earned the title. I would argue this is a cowardly ranking by NBA. Two K five guys tied for the first spot is ridiculous. Now, I would also argue that even if one wanted to make a case for Lebron being grandfathered in there, the real issue is not with Lebron. It is not with Giannis. It is with Joel embiid MVP or not having the same ranking as my client Luca, even Luca, you can make a case for, actually no. As much as I love Luca and now I'm kind of waffling between characters here, as much as I Nick Wright love Luca, this is how the NBA two K ratings I think should have fallen. If I were doing it, these would be my rating.
Speaker 4: Counselor Yeah, Joel and Luca are not the ones on trial here.
Speaker 3: I understand my client, Jokicic is on trial, but it's the I understand that part of it. But yo client, my client doesn't really need defending. It's NBA two K that really should be on trial here. But I'm again breaking stop, I'm breaking character in order to give a real answer here. Here's how the ratings should be the NBA two K ratings. Joannis and Joker should both be ninety eight. Steph should be a ninety six, Lebron should be a ninety six, Luca and Embiid should both be ninety fours. Durant and Booker should both be ninety threes. And I'm trying to see if there's anyone obvious I left out there, but I think that's about right. Johannison, Joker should be ninety eight, Stephen Lebron should be ninety six, is Luken Embiid should be ninety four's and Katie and Booker should be ninety threes. And you might say, Nick, how can you have Lebron ahead a Durant? I think even at thirty eight, I think Lebron's more reliable and I think Lebron showed that again this postseason.
Speaker 4: Uh so, which, what's your two K rating for the toast argument?
Speaker 3: I mean, I obviously get a ninety nine. I told Dan, I told your mom that I was going to put it on Twitter and I would get eighty percent support. And at last check, let me go ahead and see where I'm at.
Speaker 1: We are.
Speaker 3: We are twenty three thousand votes in and I'm at seventy eight percent support, so right where I thought it would be. And she was like, ah, you have too many men following you. I knew that's how it would shake out, all right, and eighty five percent of our chat evidently voted for me as well. All right, what game will we playing now?
Speaker 4: So now we're going to play a game of nick stra Damas, the game where the oracle Knick Stradamis predicts a future none of the rest of us can see. So Kyrie signed his extension in Dallas, and now they're tied to him long term Nixtra Damas, how long till he asks for another trade.
Speaker 3: I think probably this coming summer would be my guess. I mean, I don't, I just I don't. I mean Kyrie's numbers Here's what's unbelievable about Kyrie. And I said this on TV the other day. It takes real magic for someone to submarine their trade value and their value across the league the way Kyrie has given. The fact that since he left Boston, so the last four years for Kyrie, he's twenty seven, five and six and one percentage point away over four years from being fifty to forty ninety. And yet because of his lack of reliability, because of his lack of durability, because of his they call it eccentric nature, he didn't have a market outside of Dallas, and I don't think they can. You know, they're not going to rely on him at all. So I would imagine that he is potentially on the move again a year from now. All right, next, okay.
Speaker 4: Your Slovenian son, Luca finally got a ring, Nick strnamous? Will Nick right be getting an invite to the wedding?
Speaker 3: I mean, I obviously should, I don't think I will. You see that picture, that's a nice engagement photo. It's a heck of address by his fiance, happy for Luca. What what are you laughing about? What are you look like?
Speaker 4: The way you said it? Sounded like you were being very sarcastic.
Speaker 3: Well, no, it's a it's a I mean, I mean, it stands out. It's a unique look. I mean, here's the reason I guess I find the dress unique. Theoretically, she didn't know she was getting engaged that day. You understand what I mean.
Speaker 4: You realize that a lot of these things are usually set up, and they usually like her family, let's dress up, let's go to brunch.
Speaker 3: I understand. I get that.
Speaker 4: But also she probably also had some type of that this was happening.
Speaker 3: Well maybe maybe not. Maybe that's just what she wears on a Saturday. I don't know. I'm not judging the young lady. It's just a bold judging her. I'm not judging her. It's just a bold outfit choice. I mean, Luca's wearing jeans and a white button down, and so that's all I'm saying. But it's a very pretty picture, and I'm happy for him, I imagine. Unfortunately, I will not be I will not be getting an invite to the wedding. All right, let's go on to the Dylan Brooks question.
Speaker 4: Okay, two of your favorite players are on the move. Pat Bev signed with the seventh.
Speaker 3: Oh, hold on a second before we do that. I didn't get that at first, so the Bruisers wrote in the chat. A follow up is Lucas selfish for making this day about himself. I didn't understand what they meant by that, but he did it on July seventh, which is seven slash seven, and he wears number seventy seven. I actually kind of like that, you know why, because an engagement is about two people. And the only thing I didn't love about that I don't love the getting down on one knee thing. What I don't love the getting down on one knee thing? That's really why? Is that dumb? I don't listen. I am not you know, whatever wave feminist I would need to be in order to say women should propose as much as men. I don't believe that. I think that there are still some things that, you know, like the traditional ways about it is nice, and I think a man should propose to a woman.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: I don't like the getting down on one knee thing. I don't like him. Well, you know, can I tell you something that's funny? And this is what's funny about doing the show with you. I'm glad that you think it's dumb, and if and when you get engaged, I will be furious. If the guy didn't get down on one need to ask you, I will expect him to. But I just don't like doing it. I didn't do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know you didn't. I said something to Mommy when you didn't too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know. She Uh you were the first person to know I was getting engaged. Did you know that? So? Yeah, that was a big risk because you were a blabber mouth.
Speaker 4: That is not true. I could keep a secret when necessary.
Speaker 3: Will necessary barely. You were a blabbermouth when that happened. You were younger than Deanna is.
Speaker 4: Now I know and are very different.
Speaker 3: No you're not. Yes we are, but uh no. I think it's nice for Luca that he did it on his jersey number day. I like that. I actually liked that for him. I just there is an element of gosh, is this exciting weather? So there's an element of I've heard other people say this, and I think they're correct that in serious relationships, the man typically has a disproportionate amount of power while they're dating, and the woman typically has a disproportionate amount of power once they're married. That's how I think a lot of people have experienced things like while you're dating, I don't want to say one person is in charge, but there is a power dynamic and it typically exkews on the guy's side, and then once you're married, it excws heavily to the woman's side, at least in a lot of people's experiences. And now, and this is now where I maybe will sound silly, I feel like there is a transformative moment and almost a metaphorical shift once one person goes literally down on a knee and visually begs the other person to the next question, spend their lives with them. I think that is like seating any hand in the relationship. That's all just my take, That's all all right. Next, now we go on to Dylan Brooks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, two of your favorite players are on the move. Pat BEVs signed with the seventy six ers and Dylan Brooks broke the bank signing in Houston. Nick stre damas which future All NBA star would propel their team to a championship.
Speaker 3: Neither give me a brook I mean, Pat Beev's on the league minimum and on his way out. Dylan Brooks is deal being four years, eighty six million fully guaranteed is bananas. But they're I mean that Rockets team is miles away. So the answer to that is neither. That one's very easy.
Speaker 4: Next, Okay, the Woman's Yeah, the world wan wow, I'm just gonna.
Speaker 3: See all right over? Go ahead, keep going.
Speaker 4: The Woman's World Cup starts July six on Fox. Meghan rap Repino.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, July sixth, It definitely doesn't. That would have been five days ago. So what when does it start on Fox?
Speaker 4: Ry brain really just took a break there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when does it lie?
Speaker 4: Twentieth?
Speaker 3: I get that twentieth looks a lot like sixth. Go ahead, starts on Fox, Meghan Rapino.
Speaker 4: You want to just read it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Megan Repino announced she's retiring after one last run. Nick Dramas, that's me. Will the USA dominate the World Cup or completely dominate it? No, the women's national team is our best team and they're gonna crush all right, go ahead?
Speaker 4: Okay. Before Wimby suited up for the first time, he had a run in with Britney Spears, or rather Britney Spears ran into women Yama's security guard. Nick strandamis will Nick Wright give an opinion on this news story or is he too afraid of Britney's online fans.
Speaker 3: I'm not afraid of Britney's online fans. But I also don't think I don't think either one of these people looks that bad. I don't get why anyone was being attacked here. Brittany ran up on him and tried to get his attention. I think there's just.
Speaker 4: A lot of different stories going around.
Speaker 3: Well. I think people like she thought she got hit in the face because.
Speaker 4: She did get hit hit in the face.
Speaker 3: Well here's the thing. She did get hit in the face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but she hit herself right.
Speaker 3: But I don't think she knew that. I think that she reached out and then felt a smack in her face, and then on the video we see what happened is she reaches out to touch him, the security hits her arm, her arm hits herself, and she thought she got smacked. So I don't I don't blame his security, I don't blame her. I don't think there's any villains here. I did think it was funny that the Britney diehards were crushing Wimby for how he played in his first game. I thought that was funny, but I don't. I don't think anybody did anything wrong here, all right.
Speaker 4: Last one, Meta launched a new social platform to compete with Twitter. It's basic Twitter, just less clunky and more polite. Ni sture damis this thread is the next big thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I haven't signed up for it yet. I I might just go down with the ship on Twitter. Twitter.
Speaker 4: It's better. Why It's just like it's easier to transfer over because you can immediately transfer over all of your followers, like who you're following on Instagram. You can automatically follow them all on threads if you want to, or you can just select who you want, and it's just less like toxic. Now. I feel like it's gonna get there eventually. It's just too fresh off for it to be too bad right now.
Speaker 3: I just there's just too many because there's there's Blue Sky, there's Spill, there's all these like Twits. Well those you have to get invites too, So that's why there's all these Twitter clones and things, and I just I don't want to start from scratch. I don't know, but this is that's why I'm still talk.
Speaker 4: Start from scratch. That's what makes it better.
Speaker 3: But I don't know. I haven't I haven't signed up for it yet. I'm unsure if I'm gonna do it. I wish Twitter could get back to being functional, but you know it's it's clearly suffered some major setbacks over the last eighteen months. All right, well, we will read your guys listener questions next, take a quick break. What's right?
Speaker 6: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings.
Speaker 3: Very apply.
Speaker 6: I'll stay Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 3: Welcome back in episode one sixty four. Sorry about that. Uh, time now to read some listener questions. Do you or you want to go ahead?
Speaker 4: Okay? Peter Jacoby said, Wait, what's the even what's even the alternative to proposing without getting on a knee?
Speaker 3: I did mine? Uh in a booth at a restaurant. We're both sitting next to each other.
Speaker 4: Do better?
Speaker 3: What about just walking together holding hands? That's just raving the other person, turning them, looking deeply into their eyes and saying how much and that you want to spend the rest of your life with them.
Speaker 4: I the I feel like proposing without getting down on one knee is low key disrespectful.
Speaker 3: So you think I was disrespectful to mommy? Yeah, okay, I mean she didn't love the proposal. She has said this before, but.
Speaker 4: I think it's nice and sweet or whatever. But you definitely should have gotten down on lenney.
Speaker 3: The way I did it, though I had a whole It wasn't nonchalant. I should I tell the story? No, I'm telling the story. No.
Speaker 4: I think I think you should get consent from the other party before you tell the story.
Speaker 3: No, because I think I've told it publicly before I knew I was gonna propose, and so I for about three weeks prior to me proposing. I look back on it. I still think it was good. Maybe it wasn't. I don't know. I would do some variation of oh my gosh, Danielle, guess what, some variation of it, and then she'd say what and be like nothing, just messing with you. And I did that again and again and again, and to the point to where when I would do it, she would have like a pavolobby, an annoyed response of like just stop. And then we went to our favorite restaurant and I had you know, the restaurant knew I was gonna do it, so they were like kind of prepared for after. And then I did. I said, oh my gosh, Danielle guess what. She was like, stop, and I said I want to marry you. And I showed her the ring and she says, now she didn't love it, but she instantly started sobbing. It was really great. So that's how I did it. I just said I want I guess. I didn't even ask. I just said I want to marry you. It was more of a declarative statement, all right.
Speaker 4: Next John Dela Cruz said, do you think Demanse will be an guy or.
Speaker 3: Do it like Nick Demonse? Definitely be aga one hundred percent, get down on one knee one hundred percent. If you were to get engaged. I'm there is no doubt in my mind on it. Gosh, there's oh my gosh, there's so many questions about this. What's been McDonald's saying.
Speaker 4: He said, does it feel odd getting down on one He said, it did feel odd getting down on one knee when he did it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's I have to imagine. It's a weird thing.
Speaker 4: That you have to imagine because you didn't.
Speaker 3: Do it, says Nick said, these bands are too fresh to take a knee. No, that's not it. Uh, what does CVM say?
Speaker 4: He said, I'd keep the toaster on the counter, but my girl won't let me.
Speaker 3: That's such a weird thing. It's such a weird thing. And I guess I can be first hand proof whether you do or don't see the power by getting down on one knee, you still don't have enough power in order to This is.
Speaker 4: Not a power dynamic thing.
Speaker 3: But it is.
Speaker 4: But it's absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me ask you this, Let me ask you this. Take proposing out of it. Is there any but just wait a moment, Just wait. Is there any situation in life where one person is down on bended knee in front of the other where it is not clearly, it is not very clear who is in power out of power. No, but that's that's not it, because I'm not talking to you. I'm telling I'm on one knee. In Game of Thrones they literally said they literally said, how do you show the other persons in power? Oh, I don't know, bend the knee. That's literally what it was calling point. It goes back to even ancient times or fantasy times. It is universally you could be in any nation in the world and if you see someone on bended knee in front of the other person, it's very clear who's in charge.
Speaker 4: But there's so many things that could be a power thing. But it's just not anymore like the way it used to be.
Speaker 3: Like what like let's say, mommy.
Speaker 4: Cooks you dinner. Are you gonna be like, yeah, that's her job.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, that's different. That's different. If I exactly it's different, yes, But what is not changed is that if one person is standing and the other person is on their knee in front of them asking them for something, it is clear who's in charge in that situation. It isn't. Don't act like I'm wrong here, it's clear who's in charge?
Speaker 4: Well, debate later, because it's not a debate.
Speaker 3: No one has ever been like, Hey, I'm the CEO of this company and I need my vice president to do something for me. You know what I'm gonna do, Go in their office and get on a bended knee and ask them to do it. That's not how it works. So it's just not.
Speaker 4: Oh mm hmm, you actually know one that I just thought of. What you know, when teachers are at a classroom and they bend over to speak to their students so they can be face to face with their students.
Speaker 3: Yes, they when the student.
Speaker 4: Is sitting down, the teacher kneels down to.
Speaker 3: Be exactly to the next question. Know why they do that because they recognize that when you are looking up at someone, that signifies that that person has power over you. And they are trying to show their kindergarteners, no, we are equals. They are getting down on eye level with them because even they understand that if you're up looking I'm gonna go to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Ms.
Speaker 3: Thompson, that you're you're not in charge. I'm moving, okay, moving, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Chico forty two says demons would have to wear real pants so he doesn't jack up his knees.
Speaker 3: That's probably true, that's fair.
Speaker 4: El Diamond says, where do you keep the blender in the cabinet?
Speaker 3: In the cabinet because it's used rarely. If it was used every single day, you would keep it on the counter. But it's used rarely. That's why a lot of people agree with us. On the toaster. Uh, Tony says, why is Nick trying to blend into the couch? Oh? Because of the yellow I.
Speaker 4: Didn't know, because you're wearing camouflage. It's like, oh, wear are your clothes? Ha?
Speaker 3: Oh is that what he meant? Yeah? I don't Oh, I didn't think about that. I think this is the first I don't even know if this actually is camo.
Speaker 4: It counts as camo though it's the same colors and everything.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well, you know, fun show, not a lot of sports going on. So we talked some toasters and you know, proposal uh, etiquette And again, I I understand the hypocrisy here because I will be horrified if whom ever proposes to you is not on one knee. But I'll also then be happy. It'll be like, oh, now, doors in charge look at what they put on there. That is a great image if you watch the show, it's the Game of Thrones thrown with a toaster on it. Great job by our producers. Hope everyone enjoyed it. On YouTube, I'll see I'm on. I'm on with Colin Coward in about ninety minutes, I'm on my show with three see you guys. Then, what's right