Speaker 1: Wow, Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, October first, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show, where we totally.
Speaker 2: Remember we have a show. Today. It's me and rand mg Marcus Grand joined by Michael f.
Speaker 1: Florio and Lakwan Jones, and we are turning the page on week four, getting ready for Week five. We'll talk about some deep dive waiver wire, some folks you can put back on the waiver wire. But fellas, let's start with our big questions for week five and beyond and Florida the big one here. I was gonna limit it just to are we done with the Ravens tight end? Specifically thinking of Mark Andrews and Isaiah Likely, But we'll just sort of expand this out to the pass catchers overall, because the receivers haven't really been all that great. Are we just sort of what are we doing with the Ravens passing game right now?
Speaker 3: I think it's time for Mark Andrews and Isaiah Likely to comfortably hit the bench to two weeks in a row. Mark Andrews has not scored a fantasy point or played half of the snaps, and Isaiah Likely had more targets in Week one than he has the last three games combined. Zay Flowers is an interesting one because two games already this year he has double digit targets and then the last two he has six targets combined. But those were both games where the Ravens had very large leads, in like three touchdown leads. So I think it's very game script dependent this offense. The issue is most weeks they're going to be playing with the leads, so Zay Flowers is probably like a boombust wide receiver three. But yeah, look, I had said the Ravens tight ends were gonna have a big role in this game. I thought it would come as pass catchers and not you know, having the announcers keep track of how many big run blocks they have.
Speaker 2: But that is where we are with the Ravens tight ends.
Speaker 1: I mean, if we got points for blocking, then we wouldn't be worried about Mark Andrews at this point. Uh, he would be in our starting lineups. I mean, I'm looking at this Lakwan and I'm moving up at the receivers or the pass catchers. In general, there's not a big gap like Isaiah likely leads with one hundred and sixty seven yards, We're Shaan Bateman at one hundred and forty four. They're all bunched together. None of them are good.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, I honestly think like we had this information for some time now about the Ravens pass catchers, Like this is kind of what happens. They get into a run heavy, you know, offense, and that's kind of been their identity. So like, well, we're looking at a Flowers like like Flora said, he has to hit the bench, Like I'm only playing him by matchup, but I really feel like people who are drafting him, they already have that expectations, they already have that information and knowing like this isn't a start and forget every Sunday, you know, every single week type or deal like Zay Flowers is so explosive, Like you love watching him make the plays. You love watching him, you know, getting out and burning guys. But then it's like, eh, well this might be a run heavy game, so like you might not get much of the Zay Flower points that we're hoping in love you know, every single week.
Speaker 2: It's frustrating, super super frustrating.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, over in Indianapolis, Joe Flacco stepped in for an injured Anthony Richardson in Week four, played really well. Continued his string of just coming out of the pitch and playing well. Did it last year in Cleveland now in Indianapolis. I mean, I know we're still sort of waiting some definitive updates on Anthony Richardson, But LaQuan is it now Joe Flacco season?
Speaker 2: And what does that mean?
Speaker 4: I honestly think they should be very cautious Anthony Richardson. So I honestly would like him to sit out this game because that injury looked really bad to the hip and then they put him in the next play and he just looked god awful coming off the field. But Joe Flacco brings some spark to this offense where you start believing in the Josh Downs, you start believing even the tight ends. You know, you start getting everybody involved where he can support multiple pass catchers. Where this is great news, you know for guys that went out there and got a Josh Downs off the waiverbar, because he had a breakout game this season, and it's like Josh Downs is a really good target option. He's a guy that plays out of the slot. Great separator, and then now we get a life that we know that Michael Pittman can show up and show out and put up the big points as a wide receiver.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 4: So I'm hoping it's Show Flaco season.
Speaker 1: I think there's a bigger conversation that we had, maybe not on this episode, but one down their line about young quarterbacks versus veteran quarterbacks because you look at the top of the fantasy standings at the position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, Jayden Daniels is number one, he's been great.
Speaker 1: After that, the whole lot of older guys, some guys who maybe bounced around the league a little bit. I mean, you got your Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnolds or Justin Fields's. We're not seeing the youth near the top of the fantasy standings the way we have in years past. I'm maybe I should be asking myself this question before I'm gonna ask you, what on earth is going on with Brandon Ayuk and how worried should we be?
Speaker 3: I am starting to get worried. I have been continuously saying, like by low On on Brandon Ayuk, the big game is coming, It's coming, blah blah blah. There's been opportunity. Brock Purty leads the NFL in passing yards, Like, I don't think that's getting enough talking right now. No team has had more opportunity to give this guy yardage and have a good game than the forty nine ers two weeks ago. No Kittle, no debo. You're like, all right, this is.
Speaker 2: A prime spot.
Speaker 3: They go and drop a near fifty piece for Juwan Jennings, and then even yesterday third wide receiver behind Deebo and Jennings, we saw the touchdown go to Kittle. Brandon Ayuk is separating, but something seems off.
Speaker 2: I mean he's throwing.
Speaker 3: A temper tantrum in practice about the wrong shorts since stuff. I still believe he's I believe he is going out there and separating. I don't know what is going on, but my stance continues to be if someone wants to give me Brandon Nyuk on a discount, I will take the shot on this offense and that talent of the player really on no other stuff other than vibes and thinking like this guy he is still there's no signs showing that he has slowed down or he lost a step or anything like that. Eventually, he's going to look like Brandon Nyuki again, So I would just be betting on the talent now more and hoping it gets right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm not long term concerned about Brandon Ik. I know it's been frustrating for folks who have him waiting for something big to pop. It hasn't quite happened yet, but you know, he's had at least five targets in every game. He had ten targets in that game against the Rams the week before, So eventually it's gonna come together.
Speaker 2: But it does sort of look like early in his career where.
Speaker 1: It's just the little things where he's just sort of, you know, beefing with the coaches over like little silly things, and maybe it's impacting his play on the field, but he's still too talented. The offense is too good. Like it's gonna come around, hopefully sooner than later. For folks who I know are getting little antsy about, you know, having him in their lineups. Yeah, you know, I think I think he'll be okay long term. Look, this it's been four weeks, right, this is basically his preseason. So now hopefully next week, next week against the Cardinals, maybe next week it starts to come together for him. You know, look, he's but I think they're going to Arizona. It's him going back to Arizona State where he played his college ball.
Speaker 2: Another home. Never mind, forget all that part. Uh uh.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we did the kind of the full waiver wire on Monday show.
Speaker 2: You can go check that out.
Speaker 1: But now we do our little deep dive waiver wire options and uh lakwan who is a deep dive waiver wire option for you?
Speaker 4: In Week five, Wide receiver Trey Tucker Man, he's doing all the basic things over there, you know, in Vegas for Garner Minshew getting open and really look at his opportunities in the last two weeks eighty two percent of the snaps, fifteen targets, twelve catches, nineteen fantasy points per game man and what Adams he could be missing some time. Tucker brings that big Blay option to rosters. I mean, look, the Raiders will have to continue on being creative with his touches. I mean right now he's on the wire for eighteen percent of the roster ship so he's likely out there for you. So if you're looking to get your fantasy points in chunks. This guy could stretch the field. They're running him out of the backfield. They're doing everything possible with Ray Tucker, and I think this is a great option for rosters if you're hurting at that flex position here.
Speaker 1: Also very curious to see what is the long term situation with Davonte Adams. They're in Las Vegas, you know, and that is going to certainly impact Trey Tucker's availability in his production for fantasy managers. You had another receiver down the depth trot a little bit floya that you're looking at this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Noah Brown. And I know people might be like, well, Zakayas had the big game this week, and he did, but he ran just nine routes. And that's what stands out to me. Noah Brown is this team's wide receiver too. He ran the second most routes amongst all of their wide receivers yesterday. Terry ran twenty five, Noah Brown ran twenty three. And then we saw like Zachaiyas McCaffrey a couple of other guys rotating in and out on those secondary spots. But if you are a wide receiver like like Noah Brown, who has had a history of success at the NFL. We know he could stretch the field and stuff like that. And now you're playing with the quarterback like Jayden Daniels on an offense that has been as good as the Commanders has been. You are going to get my attention. And look, if you playing like a ten team league or even maybe a shallow twelve team league, I don't think you need to run to the waiver wire and grab him. But for those of us in deeper leagues than that, where the waiver wire is really thin, uh, someone like Brown and you could get him for a minbid. I am sure it is someone that I'm going to take a chance on because I think as long as he's seeing the field consistently with Jaden Daniels, there's upside moving forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I mean the way we all of a suddenly want all these pieces of the Washington offense, uh, speaks to what this is going to be. And you're right, I think you know you're not go to You're gonna spend a lot of fab to get the Noah Brown on your roster because there're gonna be a lot of folks that are pursuing him this week. Kareem Hunt when when the Chiefs added him were kind of like, I don't know, this feels like a depth per depth ad. He's not gonna make a fantasy impact.
Speaker 2: Wrong.
Speaker 1: He was immediately productive for Kansas City. Uh, played nearly as many snaps as samaj p Ryan, had fourteen carries, also had three targets, so it was sort of like he never left. I mean, they worked him right back into the offense and this was him just you know, having gotten there after being a free agent.
Speaker 2: Yes, he knows Andy Reid's offense.
Speaker 1: Sure, that definitely helps, but the fact that he was able to just jump right in and be a big part of what the Chiefs were doing suggests that he is going to really be an impact player going forward. We talked on Monday show about the injuries in Kansas City, where this offense is it's not the explosive Chiefs offense we've been used to seeing, but it's very apparent that kream Hunt is going to have a role here going forward. And for a lot of folks who are short at running back, because that's kind of where we are right now, Cream Hunt could really.
Speaker 2: Be a really important asset for you the rest of the way. So those are deep waiver wire dives.
Speaker 1: If you're adding somebody, you gotta be saying goodbye to somebody. So who are you putting back in the free agents pool?
Speaker 4: Loo kwon Ooh, I'm putting Trevor Lawrence right there on the wire. And I know a lot of people are thinking like why man, but he's been very underwhelming. I'm tired of looking at him on my bench while I watch guys like bakers Am, Darneld, Andy Dalton and so going to be Joe Flacco if he gets in, you know, for week to week, because I'm tired of not trying to drop him when I want to add a guy on a waiver wire and I choose another player that goes off the next week because I'm saving it for Trevor Lawrence in my one quarterback leagues. But I'm just gonna keep rocking when Donald until the wheels fall off. And Andy Dawn in another league where I feel as though he's going to be more useful down the line during the stretch because they're own four right now. It's not good over there in Douvaal, so they need to figure it out. Before you know, Trevor Lawrence reaches any roster anymore, So bye bye.
Speaker 1: They're owing four and Lawrence has had less than one hundred and eighty passing yards in three of four games. Uh did have two touchdowns on Sunday, for whatever that's worth. But it's it's been a struggle. His best Fantasy game of the year so far, it's been fourteen points.
Speaker 2: It is. It is a slog with Trevor Lawrence. Uh Floria, who are you waving goodbye.
Speaker 3: To Zumier White. I was big on not drafting Zamir White, and unfortunately I took him in one league.
Speaker 2: It's a really deep league. So so I'm still.
Speaker 3: Holding on to him there. But look look at like yesterday, sixty percent of the snaps, You're like, okay, finally he's playing more snaps in Alexander Madison seventeen carries, You're okay, this is what we wanted. This is the volume we signed up for. He's still Alexander Madison had five carries and one target yesterday and still outproduced Zamir White. Like at some point we just got to say, like, Zamir White is not the guy you know who he is.
Speaker 2: He is Alexander Madison.
Speaker 3: He looked good when he had to come in for a handful of games on a team that was rejuvenated and stuff. But over the course of a seventeen game season, he cannot be that guy. And Alexander Madison. Last year this happened to him on the Vikings, So the fact that now it's happening to Zamir.
Speaker 2: White is hilarious to me.
Speaker 3: But yeah, if I had to roster one of these, give me Madison because he is seeing the goal on work and the passing down work, and those are the valuable touches in fantasy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I tweeted yesterday, Alexander Madison is the Raiders' best running back and it's not close. Right now looks so much more explosive. He's gonna be the guy going forward to mere White. It's just it's hard to see a path forward. He's not getting goal line touches, he doesn't catch the football, the Raiders don't score a lot of points. It just feels hard to make a case to certainly to start him, maybe even to keep.
Speaker 2: Him rostered at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mentioned that Kareem Hunt was a waiver wire. Ad Well, Carson Steele can go back to the waiver wire at this point. I mean, he was a nice option when it just seemed like it was gonna be him and p Ryan getting touches. Now that Kareem Hunt is there, and the way he just stepped in and immediately took control of that backfield from the first game and you had the Carson Steel play I think I believe it was eleven snaps on Sunday, just a couple of carries, no targets. Obviously, he is going to be the third option in this offense. And again, it's not the same Chiefs offense. It's gonna score a ton of points. We're not looking to go that deep in the offense. It's just not really feasible to keep Carson Steel right now on your fantasy rosters. There are other places you can go if you need running back help. Carson Steele is just not going.
Speaker 2: To be it.
Speaker 1: This for the foreseeable future looks like a Kareem Hunt samaj p Ryan backfield there in Kansas City. Uh, And you can sort of, you know, work around that and figure it out the rest of it.
Speaker 2: Weird times that the Chiefs are not.
Speaker 4: I mean, two fumbles lost, man, I know Andy Reid hates to fumble in the ball, so that could be why Kareem Hunt got to step up and got all these touches.
Speaker 2: So yeah, unfortunate either way.
Speaker 1: It uh, you know, it's it's tough times in Kansas City, has means tough times for fans.
Speaker 3: Everyone was ridiculous for saying that Samaj p Ryan was going to hurd Isaiah Piccheco.
Speaker 1: The Uh yeah, that's uh, that's kind of where we are right now. It's it's wild, wild times for sure. Anyway. Uh, that will do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. A happy, safe, and healthy, do good and live well. Enjoy the days, everybody. We will talk to you again tomorrow