Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Live.
Speaker 2: From Mercedes Benz Studios, Covino and Rich and for Dan Patrick at Covino and Rich, follow the podcast, follow, rate and review. Say something nice, We'll send you a prize. Y, yeah it is. Are you still driving that? Trust the old ride? Keep it looking sharp with Mako from dense to faded paint. We've got you covered. Get a free estimate today. Uh oh, better get Mako. You ever thought you would say that? No? No, oh, better get Maco. We met the Mako people in New Orleans at the Super Bowl. But if you asked me, as a pumpkin pie haircutted kid watching Sports Center, if I thought I'd ever be filling in for Dan Patrick, I would probably say no, probably not. Oh how cool is that? One day that guy I'll be his number one filling So I'm Steve Covino. That is Rich Davis Danny g Super producing eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. The most buttery voice in radio, The smooth Danny G. Mar is here. Thank you guys, Fox Sports Radio Nation for hanging with us again. We're on from two to four on the West, five to seven on the East. Monday through Friday, Cavino and Rich as we shout out the Mako people that we met at the Super Bowl. Yeah, good people. That's where I had the conversation with LeVar. Oh, you were doing your two man show. Well, here's what happened. We were having cocktails with a bunch of the sponsors and just a good time in New Orleans, and I roll up with my college Hall of Famer, by the way, LaVar. Aaron, I mean, what a guy, right, I mean, one of the funniest dudes. I love LeVar. I'm having my Tito's and soda. He strolls up. He pulls the straw out of my drink and throws away. He's like, what are you doing, straw? And that started a whole two man show where Levar's telling me that I can't have a straw in my cocktail. I thought that was standard, the little bar straw, he said, hold on. He said it was also the way you were sipping in like and he had his pinky and he said, bent the straw down to fit into your mouth like a little wood. Rich originally asked for a silly straw, you know, the little circle lead loops. But yeah, he was saying it was the way you were doing it too, So straw with a cocktail is a no no depending on how Yeah, and Rich also asked for an umbrella and a sword for his little pineapple fruit. I mean, who doesn't shout out to the make up people. Shout out to our buddy LeVar from two pros and a cup of job All right? Uh? Why did Lebron ruin everything? Hold on, I need to preface this. I don't want the Lebron smoke, as I saw how he ruined Doug Gottlieb's day.
Speaker 3: Yes, and best believe we are on live on AM five seventy the Blowtorch in southern California.
Speaker 2: Better believe it. Lebron is waking up hearing you bozos right now. Hey, Lebron, let it be known that me Covino here, I'm a fan and I will say this respectful. As he kissing the king's ass, My dad's gonna hear me. Why are you kissing Lebron's eh? Why are you kissing his as? I don't know, Dad, I'm just trying to be diplomatic here. I don't hate Lebron. Sounds like you're kissing his day. Sounds like no. I will say, when you live under a microscope. Guy's been famous since he's you know, been out of high school. Before high school, you gotta give props first before you bring these things up, because he rarely missteps and he's done so many things right. Imagine if you were under that microscope, camera's on you all the time, how many times you would have misstepped? Right, So probably be in prison. I think this is a misstep for Lebron and it's kind of funny. So you're right. He has been under the microscope since he was a teenager, and to think this, very few bad things anyone could say about Lebron James. So if that's kissing his ass, then so bad. I'll also say this, I am not guilt free here. I've also made this mistake before and I'll tell you my story. So again, I James smoked at the Olympics. No, no, no, you'll hear about it, and I'll tell you what if you guys don't know my story. Lebron James did call out Doug Gottlieb yesterday and Doug is like, I really don't care. I don't care. There was it was a lot of drama here at Fox Sports Radio, though yesterday, come on, Doug loves it. He has to. I would love it. Hey, Lebron, feel free to call me out. I really don't care. But Bron made fun of Doug for having a three and twenty four record as a coach. Don't you have anything better today on your day off? I'm Doug gottlieb everybody, So here's what happened. The way in a few weeks I might have more coaching wins in little week is a low blow. What I'm just saying. I'm a coach. Oh you know now you're coach coach Davis. I'm coach Rich. Give me, give me a couple of weeks. So again, give me what I say. Coming what I say about Lebron. I say I respect my team's one to know, but I do mean what I say. Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio in for Dan Patrick, Danny g I need you on standby in case I say anything out of line or wrong because you're the resident Lakers fan. But this is the story as I know it, all right, eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox It's All Star Weekend. Most of us weren't doing in right there's a lot of criticism. We talked about it yesterday. Man, it sucked. Even Draymond Green set it sucked. Trey Young said it sucked. Everybody said it suck. What did Draymon say on a scale of one to ten zero? Yeah, yeah, I mean people did not hold back on their thoughts and feelings about the All Star Game. I mean David Kevin Love was chirping yesterday. Did you see that Danny g about, Hey, if you want people to participate, He was calling out Mac mclung winning three years in a row.
Speaker 3: Would think we should call him out for some of his jokes during those twenty minute breaks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think didn't Kevin Durant even say, hey, if you get to criticize it so much, hey, let's just not have an All Star weekend and we could just chill. He did. I got it right here, he tweeted out last night. I think it's more fun to complain about the NBA than to actually watch it. Crazy, cancel All Star weekend and let's just give everybody a break since we're so miserable around this time. It's true, but you're just calling it as you see it. But people don't think not like it people want to lie. But think about it this way, guys. We brought this up like a month ago, and we focused on how Charles Barkley and Shack and all the the you would say, the face of the NBA as far as broadcasters and pregame and post game, they're roasting the league. Kevin Hart. Kevin Hart's essentially doing stand up about how bad it is. The players are saying it no other sport poops on itself like the NBA. Imagine if you know a Rod and Jeter and Big Papa, Big Papa, Big Poppy Papa. Imagine if they were like, yeah, baseball stinks. Imagine if you know Kevin Burcard and Joe Buck and Collinsworth they were all like, yeah, you know, the NFL stinks. Yeah, they're trying to lift the sport. They're trying to polish a turn. So the INBIA is doing nothing to help itself, right, And that's the same as we see it, right, So at least they're being genuine about it because we also feel the same thing. And they're just calling it as you see it, And now I'm calling it as I see it now. So it's All Star Weekend everybody had their criticisms. To my understanding, Lebron's there and he's an All Star, and last minute he's like, yeah, I'm not gonna play, and you got to put yourself in his size sixteen shoes. Probably wanted to see how he felt, That's what I'm imagining, and then realized, like, you know, what's not worth it? Not playing? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow, first time in twenty years that he wasn't active in the game. And Yannis, to be fair, did the same thing.
Speaker 2: But it ads to the disappointment. In all fairness, Yiannis isn't Lebron. Right, Lebron has done a lot to lift the league. I don't say that the kiss ass, but last minute, you know what you're doing. Now you're taking the roster spot of someone else. Someone else could have been there had he made this decision sooner. But maybe he was really waiting it out, giving the benefit of the doubt. Waited out to the last minute to see if he felt good enough. But his toots, he's hurt, his ankle hurt, whatever saw needed the rest wasn't good enough to play. Now. Criticism number one again, roster spot taken. I'm not real worried about that, Well, no, what you're not in the NBA, bozo, What if you wanted to be on an All Star team? That would have been kind of cool in a league that complains about the weekend? Who's Lebron? Who's he taking a spot for anybody? Someone that doesn't deserve to be there anyway? Well, I mean that's not necessarily true because Trey Young deserved to be there and he wasn't there unless, yeah, because of injury, right, because spots were opened, So Lebron James missteps there, takes a spot, could have gave it to somebody else, could have nominated someone else. That would have been cool. Right, But they're taking team pictures, which is always I guess an honor. Right, you're there with all the greats of the year, or it should be an honor. That's the thing. My favorite group photo every year is all the NFL head coaches. When does that come out? That is pretty good? That's always they're taking the All Star team photos and Lebron James jumps in with some big names. They're All Stars guys, Kevin Durant, Steph Curry, James Harden, Kyrie's there. They're all there posing and they're All Star uniforms and Lebron James jumps in with street clothes. This is the team photo. Street clothes, dude, like, not like a warm up outfit, Like this is what he was rocking. And they're like, all right, we're taking the team photo. Now, I understand he was I understand he wasn't playing, but you're gonna tell me his ankle hurts so much that he couldn't throw on a pair of shorts, the tank top, the shirt and just pose the rest of the team like a guy who's honored to be on the All Star team. I thought that was odd, in my opinion, ruin the photo. I get it, he's Lebron James. Any photo with Lebron James is a great photo. I'd be thrilled to have a photo with Lebron James. But these are his contemporaries, these are other big stars. If I was Steph Curry, if I was Kevin Durant, be like, yo, man, put your uniform on. What are you doing? You're ruining the photo? Ruined the photo? Now, what did I say? I said, I've been there and I've done that. I am not guilt free here. I have my own stories, but we also want to open it up to you and your thoughts eight seven seven ninety nine one fox. To me, it just adds to the feeling of how little do you care about this? Because when you, the player, the superstar, the team doesn't care about the product, how do you expect the fans to care about the product? How do you expect us to care about the game? You don't even care enough to put the uniform on for a photo. And that's just one little side story here, but that feeling translates to us, and that's why we are left here like that was boring. No, it's the question here is ruining the topic, really is ruining the photo? Yeah, and some people care? How could you not? Some people? Dude, that's the problem. It's supposed to be an honor. How you're supposed to care. If you don't, why should I? I have so many examples of I'll give you a really bad example to start it off. It's still early. Nobody's listening, right, I mean, it's probably the most listen to Dan Patrick Hower. But well, then I gotta say this a little. I gotta preface this by saying, you know, when you're a little kid, you have no perspective, especially when you're a little eighties kid and you're a little sexist eighties kid. That was me, little sexist eighties kid. Do you know what the story goes? Danny G. Cavino didn't believe the Go Gos played instruments. I didn't. I thought that was fake. I believed the Chipmunks were more real than the Go Goos. Like, there's no way girls played drums and guitar. This guy's terrible, very sexist. I was like, I believe Alvin and Simon and Theodore are real musicians. I don't know about these Go Gos? Do you hear this guy? That's how I felt as a kid. You've come a long way. I've evolved that you don't when it should show you. Man, what a great guy in Kavino turned out to me? Yeah, because he was like the worst eighties kid that ever was. Yeah, that's not what we were thinking.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: It was the eighties. Okay, So I evolved a lot. But when I was an eighties kid, there was like one girl on your little league team? Right, looking back as a girl dad, as a respectful evolved man, I say, man, good for them, how cool? How cool is that? But back then, when I was a nose picking, little sexist bratt, I was like, man, let's go ruins the whole photo, the whole photo, because it made your team look soft. Right, you displayed that the photo and your friends come over. You got a girl on your team, and you're like, yeah, I guess looking back, I'm like, I'm I'm like, wow, she was ahead of her time. Good for her. That was great.
Speaker 5: She was good.
Speaker 2: She held her own. Back then when I was a kid, I'm like, look at her holding the sign, ruining the photo. You little Dutch boy girl haircut? So I felt not gonna lie ruined the photo. My examples are not as terrible as could. He knows I'm a good man, but I hear what you're saying. Or how about the kid that had the He was like a little bit of a husky kid. So he had to get an oversized jersey or something he had to wear like oversized pants, and they didn't match anyone else's team. Like this kid, this kid right here, husky I had. He ruined the photo.
Speaker 4: I had.
Speaker 2: I had a all right, now you're talking, because I had a I'm talking. I had a team photo for one of my little leagues. I remember they would put on a plaque and you put that crap in your room because you were proud of it. Like my little league team, right there is one kid who wore jeans. What a pathetic team you played for two awards jeans little League picture day. So here I am. You know, it's like probably nineteen ninety one, you know, the you know, Minor League Red Sox, and I'm with all my buddies. Everyone's got their navy blue red Sox, you know T shirts. Who was on your team, Kelly Leak of the Bad News Bears? Did you ride a moped there?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: We had the navy blue T shirts. My kids teams now they have like professional unifor jeans on the little league team besides the coach and he's like nineteen seventy slash. Has everyone else recognized that as parents, my kids, my sons and T ball. He has a home and road jersey. They have legitimate uniform. We had ones from the sixties and we got them like left over you recycled, though we did. We had mine smelled like cigars. We had T shirts like let's say I was the Brewers that year. We had a blue T shirt. They just had Brewers, like they just printed T shirts, white baseball pants and T shirts.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now my kids on the Rockies we have home and away jerseys, and we have like the purple baseball socks and matching belts and their five. But you know what, you could relate because that kid, for whatever reason, maybe they made a stupid face or they showed up in jeans, ruined the foe. And that's what Lebron James did. This is an onerous the All Star team. Hey, let me ask you one quick question, rich the guy that backs into his parking spot thinks he's better than you. Lebron James is there with his other contemporaries, other superstars, and he's wearing street clothes. What is he the coach? Does he think he's better than me? Playing problem? It's Lebron James. That's the point, dude. You gotta play the humble card because people are gonna sayn James, do you want him to suit up? So that the dude is that asking a whole lot. You're already there, you're taking a team photo. Are you not on the team? But he's not playing? So what he's been to like twenty of them exactly. You're not caring about it, right, so why should we the fans? If you want to share some funny stories about ruining the photo. I have a few the team photo as a kid where the one dude in the front row was wearing jeans and I couldn't as a little kid, my OCD was like, what is this stupid kid? I hate that for you. We should track that kid down beat them. Why is this one kid wearing jeans in our baseball team photo? I hate it? Looking back, you were mad at the kid, but you have to now as an adult, evolved adult site it's because his parents didn't love him that Now, now this sounds super douchey. My wife and I were on our honeymoon, So let me preface by saying that, because it's not like I'm some world traveler, but my wife and I have a photo of us on our honeymoon. We did a little little the little trip around Europe, only time I ever done. It was awesome. So for our honeymoon, one of the stops on our trip was France, one of the most beautiful sight trail'll ever see. You get Oh, of course I got a wal You got a walshole. You know, I got a wassle, tell me about it, not a croissanto. The background is picturesque, like you know what celebrities are in there, like douchey yachts in the French Riviera. Behind me were mountains, the water and all those rich people's boats. My wife and have a photo. Oh and in the background is Odell Beckham Junior and Victor Cruz and they're wearing timberlands. They're posing on a boat. My wife and I have this picture of her and I. And right as the person clicked the picture of my wife and I with the most picturesque background, some tiny little kid walks in our frame. But it looks like he's standing next to us like he's our child. So I have like the most beautiful picture of my wife and I and next to us it looks like we adopted like a little Dominican kid or something. That's what he looks like, Danny. Sorry, So that's one. There's a rule it goes along with this, so that pictures aren't ruined. That's a little kid a big poppy photobomb, so the photobomb will ruin the photo bomb. The photo bomb is interesting because if you're at a bar taking a photo. Hey, you got together with your old college buddies. It's funny one time when some dope at the bars. But if he does it more than once, then you gotta be like, hey, dude, scram because I get it. The one time photobomb is funny. Like now, Google could fix that easy. But I had to bring this up because I'm at the park with my daughter and her friends. And my daughter has like three year of her little best buddies, their little girl squad. They're all seven years old, eight years old, and it's like her little best pals, and they were all they had all come from gymnastics, so they were looking all cute and their little outfit. So I was like, hey, girls, oh that Emmy's dad. Here, take a picture. There's some other girl that's like not in their crew. Was like me too, how do you tell a little kid get out of Oh it's like the little kid that didn't tress up for Halloween. I was like, I was like, that's cool, all right, now one without her, What are you gonna do? You can't tell a little kid get out of the picture. My daughter and her best friends and some random girl at the park. I'm like, hey, random girl at the park, you're gonna set this one out. You asked that girl to take the picture. That's what you do, and you jump in andfle and Danny. The other lesson learned here at Cavino Rich as we talked about Lebron. As Cavino said ruining the All Star photo, he did, I would love for Danny g because again he's a Lebron super fan and Lakers fan. I'm not a Lebron hater, but in my opinion, he did. There's there's wait. You think it sound like I'm a Lebron poster above my bed. You don't.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm a Lakers fan, and whoever our lead dog is, then I'll support that player.
Speaker 2: Do you agree?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: Like that was a yeah time the moment, it's a look yeah, yeah, I have to wrap this up. I have a lesson, and Covino's dad has a solution. Yeah, Cavino's dad, how would you say? The lesson is if there's a new person in the in the crew, your brother's new girlfriend, or hey, that's you know, Uncle Hank's Fluozy of the month. Yeah, Uncle Hank's Fluzi of the month. When you take that Christmas photo. That person's on the end. That way, they could be cropped out when their time is over.
Speaker 3: They've all heard about this by now though, so it's ruined. But they know what you're up to.
Speaker 2: But if you're hanging out with all your old high school past, you should also have the wherewithal to know it's their job to take the photo. How they pick up on that rule take the photo or if you're in it, go on the end because you might eventually be cropped out of this bad boy just the rule, Like you gotta know. But I am in favor of that person being in the photo. Sometimes I offer up because I don't want to be in that photo. I'm like, you know what, I'll take it, you know, because I don't want to be with you guys, Danny. I learned that lesson on an episod. I'm not seeing a bright future with this little get together on an episode of How I Met Your Mother. This is a great lesson they learned where if the person's permanent, that could be the first photo. So I'm always cool with the new person being in the photo. Just put them on the end. But Kavino's dad has the best solution. My dad was the inventor. This is true story, guys, the inventor of photoshop. What he used to do, and this is true. My grandma, every grandma had like walls of photos right high school photos were still framed like graduation photos, family photos, wedding photos. We don't live that life the way we did growing up, where there's a million photo frames all over the wall. By the way, in a related story today, I saw I think it was on buzz gen Z. Like teenagers in twenty year olds have a new fascination with printing out like tangible photos. So they're saying that maybe it's on the come it's on the come up and come back, that the idea of printing out photos is fascinating to a teenager. So it would always be who's that guy, And it was like the ex husband or ex boyfriend or ex somebody. It was a lot of like people who were in these photos that weren't necessarily in the family anymore. So my dad would cut out celebrity heads of anybody of John Davidson, the host of Hollywood Squares, or Tony danzer Henry whoever's famous at the time, pictures from the TV guy. Yes, Steve rkle you. He'd cut out like mister T's head or something, and he would put him all over you know, these people's heads. You'd go over my house or my grandmother's house to be all these like random celebrity heads covering the other heads on the frame. So Judith Light was at Thanksgiving ninety one. Yeah, So my dad claims that he's the true inventor of photoshop because he was the first to do this in the early eighties. Now again, how did I do this? I pulled the Lebron so I'm not innocent here. And your thoughts on him ruining the team photo at the All Star Game? I mean, did he did he not? We'll talk a little Lebron and all your feedback. Covino and rich In for Dan Patrick having fun Tuesday morning, Let's go.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything, life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Cavino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino on Rich wherever you get your podcast, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich. There's no way girls could play instruments. Girls can't play the drums and guitar. Eighties fake eighties. Cavino. I also had Chipmunk Punk and I thought it was real. So that's where my mind was. I was a sexist, misogynistic eighties little pumpkin pie haircuted brat. But that's the way we grew up in. I evolved since then. I'm gonna tell you about my evolution two, because I have a story. We're talking about ruining pictu That's what we're talking about, ruining pictures. Certain people ruined pictures. That certain person is Lebron. James and Lebron. We don't want to smoke. If you're gonna send nasty grams to anybody, send him to Doug Gottlieb, not to Coveno couch dock. Here we're live in Mercedes Benz Studios. Rapid Radios, the official walkie talkie of The Dan Patrick Show is the Push to Talk, offering national LTE coverage no subscription ever. Business owners can keep in touch with up to two hundred staff at one time. Go to Rapid Radios dot com now for up to sixty percent off and free shipping. Mark's on the Ones and Twuesdanny g super producing at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox Covino and rich In for Dan Patrick. I feel like we made a lot of great points. Cavino brought this up because Lebron Dre Lebron James, Lebron James, he was in a street cloth for the NBA All Star photo and Cavino said, he kind of thrown on a warm up shirt or something. I think a disrespect to his teammates. You say, he is me. I'd be honored to jump in a photo or for him to jump in a photo with me. You said he ruined the photo op by wearing street clothes when everyone else is in uniform. And we you know, brought up the basic rules when someone photo bombs you. Oh, it's funny at first. If they try to do it a second time, it's like, all right, loser, get out of here. I was saying, when you try to take a picture of your kid with like their friend and some ancillary kid at the playgrounds like me too, and you're like, how do you tell a little kid to get out of there? The new relative kids scram the boyfriend or girlfriend of the relative at a holiday has to be on the end of the photo so they could be cropped out when they're out of the mix. Now I'm calling out Lebron, I say it, uh respectfully but I'm also not innocent here, cause, like I said, I've evolved. Look at me now, man, what a great guy. I don't back into parking spots. I don't think I'm better than you. I'm not sexist anymore. I'm a girl dad. I watched the WNBA. I'm a great guy. But Danny g there was a point in the early two thousands when I was a mega magga douche, right, I really was. It's hard to believe, no, no, no, but you gotta hear me out though, because I really I still think there's a part of me that's right. But looking back, I was wrong when Como says I'm a girl dad, I'm not sexist. It's like when when a racist person goes I have black friends, Like come on, yeah, So I remember one of our buddies was having a themed party and I don't know. That was like painful to my ears back then, like I'm not doing that, what but like, why buddy, our buddy had a pink party? I'm like, what is that? What is that sounds lame exactly right, and especially I'm in my early twenties, I'm trying to be super cool guy. My girlfriend's like we gotta go. And I'm like, I'm not what, what is a pink party? Everybody's wearing pink like everybody but me. Eh, I was there. I was there, so dude. Everyone shows up and all the dudes, you know, they're wearing their pink button down that they got it express or structure at the time. Everyone's busting out their pink outfit and I showed up. I am not lying. I'm true to my word.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 2: I showed up blue button down and everyone's like, it's a pink party. I'm like, I don't care what party. You're lucky i'm here. But here I am thinking I'm better than you, just like Lebron. Yeah, that's why I'm speaking from experience you and the you and the a hole to that. I remember, look at those photos now, i want to punch myself in the face. I'm like, what a douche? Look at me? Why was I such a jerk? That's how I feel. I'm the only guy posing with a bunch of dudes in pink shirts and I'm wearing a blue shirt like I'm cooler than all of you. No one, no one necessarily was like, oh man, I can't wait to wear a pink shirt. But when someone said, hey, we're having a theme party. Was at a really cool club in New York City. We were in our twenties. Danny, When I tell you, the picture is all the you know, beautiful girl and the dudes are all wearing like, you know, like a pink T shirt or button down. It was a theme. You don't necessarily love the theme, but when you get invited to a party with a theme, you go along with it. When they have that Fanatics white party every year and everyone wears you know, they're all the rich people go to that party and they wear they're linen used to go to. I never went to a bitty party. Don't start that rumor that you hated. Cavino would be the guy that would show up to that Fanatics white party. That who's the guy I'm drawing a bike, the guy that runs Fanatics. Oh, Mark, Uh, what's his name? I forget? You forget? Yeah, just like you did, Mark carry on Mark douche with money. Yeah, yeah, that's it. That's it. You'd be the guy that shows up in like a black T shirt, and I did that with the blue button down. The point is I ruined the photo. I ruined the photo looking back? Who's that a hole?
Speaker 4: Oh? Else?
Speaker 2: Cavino too cool to wear the pink shirt? And again I deserve the Michael rue but Michael Rubin not Mark. How do you criticize me when you're the dummy talking about it and didn't even think of his name. I didn't get the Mark Rubin invite Michael Ruben, Michael Ruben, you know, by the way, I forgot to think on purpose when he ruined the baseball jerseys this past season. So your thoughts. I want to know two things. Did Lebron ruin the photo? And the times as someone or maybe it was you that ruined the photo? Chris in La you're all with coven On rich In for DP. What's up? Man?
Speaker 6: Good morning? So hey, I love his show.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 6: You know, I think he has a spot on man. I think this is this is Lebron being Lebron. He always wants to be the center of attention and he's all about team as long as the team revolves around him. And think about it, ten years from now, twenty years from now, if someone looks at that picture, what's the main thing that's going to stand out Lebron?
Speaker 2: It looks like he's the coach, like he's better than them. I don't like that. If I was hard in or KD I remember, he's trying to big time me here, No, I don't like that. Won't put on his jersey. He's not playing that.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: You're acting like it's so hard to put on shorts. To put on shorts in the shirt, that's not asking a lot.
Speaker 3: To be fair, He's dealing with an ankle and foot injuries, so that would have aggravated the injury.
Speaker 2: He put short. Yeah, I'm sure, just like an aggravating when he put on his outfit in the morning. Adam, my face n in Ohio, you're on what somebody'll we're kod Man? What's on your mind?
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, everybody's calling him mister, mister Lebron James. Here, here's a fact, a straight fact. This shong man was in high school. He was just a crowd prince back then. But during that period when he was in high school, you were to have zero contact with agents. You were to see zero gifts from anybody. Okay. Bottom line is Prince Lebron at that time got a nice, real nice hummer from an agent. Didn't turn around erected and the only the only reason it was ever just because he wrecked and it became public record. A reporter got a reporter, you know.
Speaker 2: So what's the what what? What's What's your point? Tim Ken?
Speaker 4: The point is the point is any other athletes at that time would have lost everything as far as any kind of amateur status.
Speaker 2: I'm still not following. He's he's a privileged guy, I think. But Lebron for the last twenty years has done an amazing job. Yeah. So that's how we started a conversation, and that's why it stands out even more Danny J. And then when you think about why is everyone hating on the All Star Games so much this year? This only adds to the are you pointing out though I'm just playing Devil's advocate. Yeah, we're pointing out just another trivial thing where Lebron would be like, really another people noticizing history close to me. It's a real life moment. We've all been there. I've been there, I've been that person. I think he even knows, like, yeah, I missed up because he could have easily put on his outfit. So you're saying Lebron ja Lebron James wearing street clothes where everyone else has a uniform is equivalent to when the kid wore jeans in My Little League picture. Yes, that's oh really quicker. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say that. Your boy, Arnie Spanier texted into the show. I'm sure, Yeah, weekend personality here on the network, and I'm sure people have maybe some experience with this when it comes to work photos.
Speaker 2: He says.
Speaker 3: Fox Sports said let's take a picture with all the hosts, so I jumped in. They said, no, only the Monday through Friday host.
Speaker 2: The real ones. That's horrible, man, that's that's mean. Yeah, I don't like that. Well, put Arnie on the ends so we could crop him out of here. That's exactly that's how you hand them. Love you, buddy, Danny. No, no, we met Arnie. Can you take the photo? That's what you met?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Arnie called the show this morning and then I'll edit you out of the podcast version.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cold blooded. All right. How about this, though, Danny, g can you give me who was on that team that maybe it was their first time on that team, or maybe it's a younger player and they're just honored to be there. You don't think that sort of ruins the moment for that guy who's proud to be in a photo and a teammate of Lebron James. It ruins the moment for that guy. You know, I think Tatum's on that team, but like he's been there, done that. But for a younger player, he okay, like Tyler hero you don't think it meant a little something to him that he played in the time where the great Lebron James was on his All Star team. Oh man, you got a photo, dad, Tyler Heroes an old guy. He busts out the photo. He's like, yeah, look, I played on a team with Lebron. Lebron's not even in the uniform. You don't think it kind of ruins it for those guys. You know, it's a slight It wasn't intentional in my opinion, but it was a misstep that could be perceived as disrespectful to his teammates and as a fan and as a guy who's been there and done that and seen it, it rubs rubs me the wrong way. The b side to Johnny gil I gotta I gotta tell you two quickies. Number one, Danny, this is the vain part of me. I feel like you're not as vain as me, or especially Cavino. If you took a photo with one of your heroes but you looked like crap in the picture, would that haunt you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I would let it go. Yeah, Like I I have pictures with some of my heroes, but I feel like I don't look good like I have. Like I have a picture with Joe Montana, and I feel like I look weak as hell. And it's like, can I display a photo where you look like, oh man, I look terrible that day? Whereas that just that's vanity? Take it over, right? And how about this Cavino? Every year for a few years I had gone to this old school wrestling convention with some of my buddies just because we were reminiscing, you know. It was it was fun to see those old school wrestlers that we grew up with, right mm hmm. Guys like sergeants Slaughter. They go there in their costume, right like, they played up, like because they know fans were paying fifty bucks or whatever to take a picture. The Demolition wore their face makeup. Jake the Snake Robert showed up there I'm not even joking. Wearing a Golden State Warriors T shirt and like baggy pants, and I'm like, like dad jeans, Like I'm thinking, like, why don't you assume he should go there? Yeah, in his jake the snake gear, you would think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, instead of ruined the moment, that would be like mc hammer showing up to a meet and great back in the day in Underruth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, where's the hammer pants? Buddy? Speaking of ruining photos, we were at the Volume party for Super Bowl weekend and we got invited to Colin Cowhert's party. Right the Volume party. We hadn't seen Colin in a minute, and you know we're fans. We're filling in for Colin on Friday. Yeah. We don't have any photos with Colin. None, and people may find that odd. Like I worked at kay Rock, New York for eight years. I don't have one photo of me and Howard Stern, not one. Sometimes you don't cross paths, No, you just don't cross paths, and you know you wish you had that photo. You rarely see Colin because we're on different schedules. He works in a different building. But you know, I'm a fan, so we're there at the party. He's like, stars, Yeah, kay, Colin, we're jumping a photo. We're getting a photo, me and Rich. John Middlecoff takes the photo. He may have taken the worst photo than ever was. And I love that guy. And by the way, I hate it. I love Johnny's great. You guys hit it off. I talked to me, I was gonna try to replace me with John Middlecock. I hate everybody. I thought John was great. I'm like, dude, you're awesome because he was like real, like he was really intense. I love talking to the guy. Not a great not a great photographer. Speaking of photos ruined. All right, we got more Cavino Rich live from the Mercedes Benz Studio, next in for Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Fox Sports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together, I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planet Earth. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Kaven Know and Rich, Covino and Rich and for Dan Patrick, the Dan Patrick hat Trick Day two. We were on yesterday, We'll be here tomorrow and we had to Philly on Thursday. We're doing an event with Dallas Goddard for Fox Sports Radio on Friday, we're filling in for Colin Cowherd. Yeah, but we're normally on from five to seven on the East, two to four pm on the West. Out here in La the Mean Streets of Lao, Covino and Rich follow rate and review our podcast. Let's wrap up this Lebron James ruining the pictures thing other way, speaking of out here in la Yeah, first hour we talked about great TV show endings and how Cobra Kai really was like the cheesiest best ending. Did you see they pretty much were driving past the Fox Sports radio building, absolutely, and I loved it, like all the b roll in Cobra Kai. They drive right past Fox Sports, right past us on the corner of where we are, and then you know in Sino Commons, Danny right down the block that sign that says in Sino Commons. Yeah. Of course there's a scene that I don't want to give it away, but let's just say they're running in the street and it's right in this neighborhood, kind of like Rocky Boy they do. They do a playoff for Rocky a little bit, and it's just really funny that that show that we both love filmed right in this neighborhood. I thought that was great for real. So yeah, we talked about that the first hour. We're the league leaders of Cobra Kai discussions here on five Sports Radio. Let's be honest. The Sakai Tukkai was better than All Star Weekend, no doubt. And we're wrapping it up. Is it the biggest deal in the world. No, but it's noticeable and it's a funny story. Lebron James took an All Star Game photo team photo in his street clothes. Everyone else had a uniform, everyone else out of their year, and he grew in the photo. We were sharing some funny stories and you know again, the new person should either take the photo or go on the end. And here's another tip. When you're with the wife of your girlfriend and you're you know, wanting to capture a moment, because what a wives and girlfriends always complain about we don't have any pictures together. You have to pick just the right person, you know who. I always look for a twenty something year old female because she knows angles, she knows how to take a photo. Don't hold your phone up and be like, who could take a picture? Hey, old guy, don't hand your phone to an eighty year old ever hand your phone to a guy named Ebenezer, or guy for any for any guy for that matter. Yeah, I think I ain't no help. Look for a hipster too, somebody that looks tech savvy. Yeah, look for someone that's like, put it in portrait mode upside down, like you know, some girl that try to point out a girl that looks that she cares too much about Instagram. That's who you want taking your photo. H David and Florida. What's up, David?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So how was the bat boy from my older brother's.
Speaker 4: Team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we just want the championship, so we're gonna set up they take a picture. So this older dude on the team said I couldn't be on it. So I got all my feelings. I started crying. I started walking the other way. My brother says, what the what the hell you doing? Man? Getting the dark picture stopped being a big wook, So I walked away. So he got pissed through a softball upside my head. And then my other two brothers got in a fight, so the team pitcher got taken, but they were arguing them and it was all jacked up.
Speaker 2: All because of you. The ball. But the bat boys, I kind of want to see this photo that right, they are great. Can I tell you that it's sort of annoyed me too. You know, I play on softball teams out here in LA. Sometimes they're a good team, sometimes they're not. We fight. We won like the the Valley Championship, almost as big as the Sakai Takai. And when they did the group picture at the end, like, hey, we you know we won this season. Like some random dude that just hung around with the team went in the photo and I bother me a little disrespect. It bothered me a little. Yeah, some people don't have picture etiquette. Wrap it up Christian in Texas. You know what if he goes real quick twenty seconds, Christian, you have buddy. Hey, I just want to say that I feel like we're being a little harsh on Lebron. It's a picture. It's just a picture.
Speaker 4: I mean, Kobe did it back and I forgot what it was, but he did the same thing.
Speaker 2: He was wearing like a suit and his two wrongs don't make it right. But but I just think we are being tough on Lebron. That's why I have a bad half player. It's a funny conversation, Lebron. You hear that Rich Davis got you back. You know who doesn't Cavin know? And Doug Gottlieb