Speaker 1: In today's episode of The Command Center Podcast, We've got pumpkin or Potato making its return.
Speaker 2: Fred, you excited? Yes, I am okay, wait to get them sweet potatoes.
Speaker 1: And then we got our Command Center Fantasy Podcast recap. Intern Caroline makes an appearance, and then Frogs don't wear Jordan's why is that? Stay tuned to find out. Welcome to the Command Center Podcast. I'm logan faulting here with Red Smoot and Santana Moss with the shades on inside today.
Speaker 2: How you feeling about that? Bro?
Speaker 3: It's cooler than cool.
Speaker 2: It's cooler than cool. You're always and Fred? How you doing? Man?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: You know your son have a game this week?
Speaker 5: Yes, healthy reserve just like your daddy. Right now, everybody in the house hurt. My hurt from drinking cows me like I still haven't learned. I'm like, I'm a guy that's never been allergic to anything, Like I have never had anything off limits. None I can do, but I'm learning now. I can't consume the milk drinking it. Wise, I could eat cake. I could if it's being in something, I could do it. But boy, I was I was looking like the dude off of Goonies like three days ago rock Yeah, I need it was bad, but so I'm learning to listen. Maybe I need to just drink fair feel. And Plus I had a milk addiction when I was young, so I was drinking about the gap.
Speaker 1: Then you both, man, I used to like drink a ton of milk. Yeah, so you're an injury reserve because the milk. Let's Yeah, let's get into something that you know, we don't really want to talk about, but we got to talk about it. Yeah, we're gonna we're gonna recap this New York Giants game. And I think it's important to say that we are not gonna be here kind of bashing on the team. We're gonna give honest, constructive feedback, right, And a lot of it comes from the idea that like when we played, like that's how you would do it. You come here, you coming on Monday, you take your lumps, you say how can I get better? And how can we apply that to the next opponent. And I know there's a lot of people out there right now, a lot of the guy guys on talk radio that are just going all in, and I don't think that's very productive because there's no, it's not.
Speaker 2: There's no why. And I'm a big wife boy.
Speaker 6: We've been in them shoes before, We've been to players that these people are talking about.
Speaker 3: So they don't normally know what's really going on.
Speaker 6: They just see the outcome of the game and they just want to say, Okay, I'm bashing everybody, any and everybody who didn't.
Speaker 3: Make a play, I'm gonna bash.
Speaker 5: And that's the thing about it, and that's what gives some of the local guys paralysis by over analysis. They think they know more than they do and they just looking at it on the surface and saying, oh, this guy, this guy.
Speaker 2: You don't know the.
Speaker 5: Game plan, you don't know the matchups, you don't understand football. And sometimes that makes me mad because I love to listen to everybody. It's entertaining, but when you ain't got nothing, like at the end of the day, it's easy. But any given Sunday, we can get beat. People thought the Buffalo Bills could not be beat. But you then the Patriots. The Patriots treat them like they ain't never played ball. For any given sunday in this league, you can.
Speaker 2: Get beat or you can beat somebody.
Speaker 1: And I think that's the thing about the league too, right, Like we're getting a little sidetracked. But to your point, Fred, like every we're a bunch of professionals, right, a bunch of a bunch of grown men with a lot of pride, a lot of coaches with a lot of and kids and mouse to feet. That's exactly right, and you're gonna find a way. You're gonna find a way to get better. Yeah, you know, like you have to get better because I get like, we can't just tolerate like I've been on bad teams. We've all been on bad teams, so you can't. You can't tolerate losing consistently. You're gonna try and get better each and every week, even if even if the product on the fields are very good.
Speaker 6: I think one of the things, and let me say this, I think one of the things that makes the area locally, you know, when it comes to the media so mad and disappointed because it's some of the things that we've been experiencing now too. Like when we played the game, we didn't understand why we got the riff or the you know, the flag from some of those folks. Sure, but now as sitting in these seats that we've been sitting in to watch it.
Speaker 3: We can't wrap our head around either.
Speaker 6: We like, bro, when it comes to just the players alone, you haven't seen nothing like this. When it comes to and you know, and for pound for pound, you feel like you should be in every game.
Speaker 3: You should be you should be in every game.
Speaker 6: And when you really want to be critical or technical, we have been in every game, and it all comes down to now, who's gonna make a mistake first or not, you know what I mean. And I feel like we've seen our side, seeing the guys on our side make more mistakes, and that's causing them to be seen in this seat now to have to talk about some of these losses. So that's how I look at the game, and I look at it from a different lens man. When I played it, I couldn't understand it because I'm like man, I felt but.
Speaker 2: You was in the belly of the bees.
Speaker 6: Felt high about myself in my game, and I always looked at myself as being a superior guy rather I put up those numbers or not. And I looked at the guys next to me, You on this field with me, so obviously you that guy too. But I could never wrap my head around then why we was coming away the way we did as a whole.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But I see it differently now, and when I'm watching the games and I'm seeing some of these miscues, I understand why.
Speaker 1: So that's something that I think is really interesting because yeah, like you're you're in the moment and you think as a player, you're gonna win the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you trust the game plan.
Speaker 1: Like there's been a couple of times Mike Careerry like this is a work and that's like on a Tuesday. But there's other times you're like, this is it and then all of a sudden, it's like it's zero to fourteen, and you're like.
Speaker 2: What happened? What happened?
Speaker 1: Like we felt really good about everything we put in this week. Practice was good, Meetings went well, and so yeah, like it can be really tough, and so let's just skirt start here, Fred like high level thoughts in the game, and we'll kind of get into it as we go through the show.
Speaker 5: Well, we can also tell the people, Me and you got an old dirty mattress rastling league in the meeting room, in.
Speaker 7: The production room, textaw Jim.
Speaker 5: Duggan versus co Kobe wearing there with a battle of the minds. You was heavy own feeling like the offense let the team down.
Speaker 2: I was heavy on the defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't think either one of those perspectives is entirely wrong, but I think there's there's layers to you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's levity to it.
Speaker 3: Now, what was it that you felt defensively? Why?
Speaker 7: Well, because I just feel like they are the group.
Speaker 5: And we said, who was gonna anchor this team hold us to the ground until this offense find themselves.
Speaker 7: That's what we out when the year started.
Speaker 5: We're talking about a group that's been in the defense for four years. We're talking about the group that shows us week in and week out. Chase takes over game, Pain takes over game, Allen pakes over game. They have their spots, but never have they this year showed up and as a group taken over the game. And if you ever was gonna do it, if you were gonna say, we're gonna dominate this one from the first quarter to the fourth quarter, hands down, it was gonna be this week. With a backup offensive line and four or five guys off the street, backup quarterback, which I was more fearful Tyrod than I was. Daniel Jones called that on this show Wide Receiver Group. I said, this is the week you dominate. Like Sam is eight games old. I'm only gonna put so much in his left and say you're responsible for it now because he has played so well in spots and led the team most to the way. Because if I had to pick and choose and say, who's been the reason we won this year, has it been the offense more than the defense or the defense more on the offense? I will give the Allen a slight edge right now. So that's where I'm att No, you're supposed to be here. They supposed to get better as the year go on and catch up with you. So that's what disappointed me, Tanna when it came to that.
Speaker 3: Don't feel you too, And I don't want to cut you in Logan.
Speaker 6: But the reason why I want to jump in because I remember coming in yesterday and I said what I said, not knowing that you and him might just went to that spat and I walked into a damn bussaw red were looking at me ready to argue.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I just sat down, I am.
Speaker 3: Here for this book. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But I was saying.
Speaker 6: The point I was trying to make is I felt that, regardless of what went on Sunday, before Sunday happened, we just go at least give up fourteen points. I feel like our defense, even when they playing their best, fourteen points should be giving up you know what I mean, if anybody gonna score that many points.
Speaker 3: All ye, they've been scoring thirty plus on our defense. But I feel like with this.
Speaker 6: Giant's offense, what I've saw with you know, with and without you know, Dane Jones, yeah, fourteen points should have been a given.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, if you know, and I feel like they did.
Speaker 6: They spotted fourteen the first half and didn't give them nothing in the second half.
Speaker 3: So with that being said, that's why I felt highly.
Speaker 6: I felt high about their performance, saying like, look anything you played on the same team I played on. Yeah, y'all used to tell us, man, hey, this was for bingo and got your rest.
Speaker 5: But our mindset was whatever it took, you know, That's how we played.
Speaker 7: If we knew we were playing against a team and.
Speaker 5: They defense was okay, they defense good A fellas the offense might not be have told us today it's up to us.
Speaker 7: Let's go out head and then you gotta realize, this is what I.
Speaker 5: Do know about defense. Most of special teams is made up of defensive players. So we got two chances to affect the game. We got we got defense and special teams. Y'all got offense to expect to get afact the game. I feel like the offense has chance to bear on the ending of the game. The defense does more than the offense, and I felt like we've been short.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think so I don't agree.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with that entirely, like the sense that, like, in terms of season, what the expectation was, I totally agree with that the defense was supposed to be way ahead. We have a young quarterback, new offensive coordinator, all those things. But in the context of the game on Sunday, I look at and I say to myself, like, cause you know, I have to pull clips for the breakdown, new clips for coaches show, and when you go through and when you're pulling clips out, like sometimes it's hard, man, sometimes you're like, offensively, it was tough. I found like maybe five plays and you're like, Okay, these will work. But outside of that, on defense, I was in like the fifties of like numbers and you go back and watch them, and it was really hard for me to select down to kind of say, oh, this, this one's better than this one. Like I look at the defensive line, like Alan had two tackle for losses, pain At two tackle for losses and a force fumble. Right, Chase had a who bunch of pressures. Right, Montees was excellent in the run game. Right John Ridgeway showed up in a big dramatic way like that front, like almost every single play they had sixty eight defensive snaps was good from them, good, you know, and then there was some moments of great right, and so was it the dominance that we expected?
Speaker 2: I don't know. But then I look at and.
Speaker 1: I say, this team, this defensive line specifically has precedent of like when teams call a balanced game plan, they run the football, lot play action, keepers quick game, it really negates their effectiveness. And when you look around the league, like that's true of really good defensive lines. Right, that's and so so I guess what I was kind of calling attention to is like that was good, Saint Juice was good, Fuller was good in the back end right, and there was some stuff with Jamen in terms of coverage, but on the whole, like he did some good stuff too, like a year. Yeah, So like, so that's what I'm saying, Like, I think outside of maybe four explosive plays.
Speaker 2: There you go, but they're going to four.
Speaker 1: But but so sixty So sixty I'm not gonna say. But hypothetically sixty four plays, sixty four plays were very good yep.
Speaker 6: So is that the blueprint to kind of keep on defense at bait?
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm saying. So, like, this is my point is that when you can manage the game flow like the Giants did and say we're gonna never depart from our offense, we're never gonna have to get outside of basically like a forty five of fifty five split in terms.
Speaker 2: Of rush the pass.
Speaker 1: So what I'm going to tell you is I think the offense dictates that more because the second we get up, like imagine if the score was fourteen to zero and the Giants gotta throw the ball and all of a sudden we got to get eligibles out.
Speaker 2: We can't have Chip Hill.
Speaker 1: And now imagine that defensive line and imagine Tyrod Taylor just getting eight back there. And so that's what I'm saying to me. The offense went three and out and they basically ran third down in the first half. I think they had They had five three and outs, one four and out in the first half. So if I'm saying, if we needed to dictate game flow offensively to let the defense be aggressive and let them eat, and so to tennis point, they scored fourteen points, I'm like, ideally you want zero, right in a perfect world, do you want zero? But like, it's it's offensive football in twenty twenty three. And I've said this on the podcast before, so much of the rule base is geared toward the offense.
Speaker 5: But it's also did lowest year in four years of the defensive touchdowns passing the ball.
Speaker 2: Defenses are catching up. They're catching up because now.
Speaker 5: They went from blitz very blitz happy to coverage happier. Like, so now they're in this being but don't break, but make plays force the quarterback to beat you. Now, when I play played with a young Patrick Ramsey at quarterback, our view on.
Speaker 2: Defense was different.
Speaker 5: We can ever get behind fourteen to z Row, we're not built like that, Like we got a guy learning, they got a guy on the second.
Speaker 6: Contract often to say we not built like that either. But sometime that stuff happens. And we've seen that more this year than we've seen any year. We've been playing from behind more games than we've been playing you know.
Speaker 5: And I said that the defense, not the offense, because my offense is my youth.
Speaker 6: But think about it, a great offense is almost makes the defense a great office integrate.
Speaker 1: Defense, so that what I would say is like they didn't score their first seven until the second quarter. Yeah, so by that point we had had fourth rene outs. And I think if we just do anything offensively, anything at all, we got a six play drive, seven play drive, kick a field goal. I'm not even sure that happens quite honestly. I think the game flow feels totally different. I think offense a defense is much pressure. All those things factor in. So I'm not saying that you what you're saying, friends, one hundred percent correct. Like the expectation for the defense this year has been slightly disappointing, right because we thought they were going to be a top ten group, right, five top five group. Whatever it is, right, I will say year to the year, there's a huge regression in terms of defense efficiency based on strength of schedule. Schedule a little bit better this year aggression in terms of that category. The thing I'm a little disappointed in this game specifically, right is you knew that Ring Martineau is.
Speaker 2: Gonna come bring a ton of pressure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it just seemed like we weren't prepared. It seemed like we weren't prepared. However, when you watch the film, different it was. It was prepared. We just didn't execute offense.
Speaker 5: And did go to differency is coming into this year, I'm expecting saying I'm not to execute all the time, but expecting him to go through learning curves. Ain't in on the job, and most people don't understand how hard that is. Like who taking up the slack for who? Like every team has that identity where oh right, it's gonna take them a little long to get right.
Speaker 7: We got to do it.
Speaker 5: For the beginning of the year, I felt like the offense have overdid their barons.
Speaker 6: Expecting Sam to have his his day, his daily You know, I guess you can call it ups and downs, but I also expect the guys that played in this league before to.
Speaker 3: Be that much sharper, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Like I mean, I feel like I feel like when you have a when you when you're on the team, and we've all been somewhere.
Speaker 3: Where we had to carry somebody.
Speaker 6: We've all been somewhere where we had to like even in our households, you had to carry.
Speaker 3: You to the line, or your wife might have to carry you twice first.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So you understand that, Okay, if I'm carrying it, then that means I got to do much more out here to make sure that I can pay my bills and I can do all the other stuff we need to do. Same way in the game football game, if I feel like I have a young quarterback as a receiver, I gotta no matter.
Speaker 3: What ball you throw to me, I gotta stay on the morning to be open.
Speaker 6: I gotta make sure I bring it down because I want to boost his confidence.
Speaker 3: I want to boost you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have to do that much more to make sure that you know that seventy five percent of what we're going to get from him, it looks like eighty five to ninety percent. So that's how I feel when I'm watching us offensively. We know he's young enough to say it about that being him being young, that ain't the question no more, what can I do more at my position individually to make us better?
Speaker 1: And I think that's the thing that gets me is that it was in the game offensively, there were so many kind of physical and mental errors and with regards to the game plan that just made it non tenable. And even if you executed fifty percent efficiency, Yeah, you're not looking at the it's it's totally different.
Speaker 2: It's totally different and all. And I know what you mean because you hold a standard there.
Speaker 7: I totally I dig it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you said and we can run from the young poor because he is he by week tweet'll be he'll be a bitch.
Speaker 2: But also coordinator is a first year coordinator.
Speaker 1: So but like that's what like, So let me just let me just double click on this for a second. So like you look at the first drive right, and I'm trying to remember the exact sequence, but essentially it's a run, a pass and then but yeah, no, but then like it was it was basically like second and seven second and eight and then it's a sack and it's the left guard not picking up a protection or no, it's it's it's uh, it's Nick Gates losing a physical matchup against Lawrence.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So then it's third and twenty two. You complete the ball to Logan Thomas, you punt the football whatever. Next drive you come out, you say, hey, we're gonna hit some quick game, right, get Sam settle in. He misses a five yard out, five yard hitch. Curtis sales that sucker, right, So that's so. So Nick Gates has one, Sam has one, right. Ye, next play is a run. It's against third and seven, I want to say, or yeah, third and seven. They run a little t T inside, so dexter Lawrence stunts left, Sadik goes down the chip. Leonard williams loops around. That's another sack. So so Gates has one, Dek has one. Sam has one. Right, next drive we come out, We complete the ball to Curtis Samuel on that little lightning route, the ten yard comeback on the outside where at max protection, backstays in tight ends, stays in no pressure. Great job, right, run the ball, get in this position and then on it's we getting empty, empty, empty backfield, right, and they check to a pressure. Look some Leno doesn't squeeze the protection quite correctly. Right, there's a little bit of a little bit of bleeding inside. Bates runs an out route, maybe a little slow, balls a little high, so Leno baits Sam have one.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So I just that's that's nine plays and that's probably I mean, that's at least six six errors right there.
Speaker 2: On nine plays forced is a little bit of both.
Speaker 5: So what I'm saying, it's the defense kind of like we're gonna pick up on what y'all leaking on, and we're gonna do it. Because when I looked at their game, our office line was intact.
Speaker 2: I mean the deeds are starters.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they offensive line was five guys physically off the couch, one guy that ain't played tackle since Flow Model TV. So I was looking at it and been like, the force era is gonna be from my defense plans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I think when you look at what the Giants did again, and I think this is this is again where there's like a departure in philosophy, is there, Like we're going to lean in to run in the football, We're going to lean into stuff that's a little bit more conservative. We're gonna de leverage the offensive line big time because they knew they knew that was where they were a weak right. Tyrod made some plays off schedule, that's great, right, But I think that they just played a much more conservative game plan and they believe, they trusted they kind of what you're talking about. They trusted their defense, bise, right, and eventually they just kind of wore it down, wore it down. They played the field position in the game, they got the ball in that kind of fifty five yard area, you know, they won the field and then it's that it's a big chunk play and then it's the defense one. They get him in third and fifteen and it's a great backshoulder ball to Waller on that touchdown. So I think they in terms of that is what I thought we were gonna do, right, Yeah, and we just didn't really do it. And I think that's where the frustration is is lean on the defense, but you got to be productive on offense. And I think if you're not playing Contramentary and you were talking about we talked about expectations for that for the offense or for the defense, and I'm with that, like they should be better, but also like they haven't been better, like the Tannis point. So if they're not better, like offensively, I need to call a game plan that helps's.
Speaker 2: It's the fact that we ain't gonna be the exploded that.
Speaker 1: Helps them and that helps us. And there's and I felt like in this game, the criticism was that Ebe didn't call that game, but when you go back and look at it, it was there's six man pros, there's a quick game, there's there's an attempt to run the football.
Speaker 2: Execution and Kyle's are two different.
Speaker 3: Things, and it all balls down to just what you saw a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Do your job.
Speaker 6: And I feel like as a player, man, I I've been him. I've been him plenty of time sitting there talking to the media and they asking me, you know, what's not being done, and it all balls down to me individually board the guys who out there with me. So that's what I want these guys to understand, man, Like you know, enough is enough when when you're gonna draw the line and the third and say, look, man, every man for theyself and guess what I'm holding. We're gonna hold each other accountable for for everything we do out there on the field.
Speaker 5: I think John Allen spoken in French and he's spoken in first time we've heard that.
Speaker 6: We heard a spataitude like that from Johnna before. It probably hasn't went national, like you know, showed his frustration and I understand it because when when you really look at it and when you watching the game, it's going too fast for you to see all this stuff the process.
Speaker 3: Then you get home and you turn that tape.
Speaker 5: On, take your emotion out of like you've got a.
Speaker 6: Guy every other play not doing his job or having a mishap, and that's the hardest thing to do on the road.
Speaker 3: It's hard to win in this.
Speaker 6: League period, and the penalties to penalties, mishaps and a Communsian game and you're having a young quarterback. It can't overcome all that stuff. One got a gift. So until we see one gift, then we're gonna be sitting there having these kind of discussions and I'm hoping we don't.
Speaker 5: Well until we to one of them stands up and say I'm the real slim shady, we ain't gonna know who leading the team because right now we don't know if it's the offense leader right now, it's Tris Way Tris Wait, five hundred yards.
Speaker 3: And punchs special team.
Speaker 7: Yeah, unbelievable than the black field goal.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying is until one side say I'm the leader in twenty twenty three, let's fall in line, it's gonna mean.
Speaker 1: I think that's why I have a hard time with this game specifically. It is because I felt like the defense was the closest it's been to being like we are we are the guy, and then the offense just gave him nothing until the second half. And it looked good and they did some stuff, they tried it, but it's too late. Man, it's it's it's hard. And so fans, are we understand your frustration, Yes, you can tell we're frustrated. Yeah, right, yeah, And so let's talk about some of the things that fans are really frustrated about. Okay, and in a in a you know, every unanimous return, everyone's excited about this segment. Pumpkin or Potatoes and Fred, why is this segment called this?
Speaker 5: Because I hate pumpkins, and I hate Jagger lanterns, and I love potatoes.
Speaker 2: But I love Halloween. You love sweet potatoes. I love sweet potatoes. Potato who don't like French fries?
Speaker 1: So pumpkins have no nutritional value? That as you said before, right, so zero not in form take right or right or pumpkin or sweet potatoes which are nutrient dense and layer delicious pies all that right.
Speaker 7: Yes, sweet potato fries.
Speaker 1: So the first take that I people have talked to me about, it's been in the comment section of our show, and if you please leave comments that helps us out. It helps us kind of answer questions is that Benjamin Saint Juice got cooked lies. And so again when I go through the place bred you and I we talked about this. Yesay Tanna, you were in there too. It's like that might have been the best game I've seen him play.
Speaker 7: Then we had what five six breakups?
Speaker 2: I think it was six past break Hey.
Speaker 5: First of all six breakups in the game for a dB should mean don't come this way.
Speaker 6: But we all know I played in the game before you played in plenty of games. I've had five catches ninety yards and dropped the big one.
Speaker 7: And you and you it shouldn't be on the feet.
Speaker 3: Only thing they saw with that drop.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean so at the end of the day, I'd be the first to tell you too. I came here too like Man.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 6: But when you really look at the game, like I said, we all had to, you realized Man had a great Yeah, but he gave up two explosive, too critical explosive plays. And that's kind of the tail of the ball game.
Speaker 5: And I think I think the fans are more frustrated that Saint Juice, the veteran, the Chills veteran, gave it up to the young rookie wide receiver who hadn't yet found his footing. And your young wide receiver, that's just like me going and I'm the five year guy and I'm finna checker. You Santana mouse fresh out of Miami one they got new Santana. I knew one route he could run fresh out of Miami and that was a gold round. And guess what I'm gonna make him run some modeled in there. I'm gonna play that high and tight alright with Jalen Highlight.
Speaker 2: Same type of guy.
Speaker 5: I haven't quite learned the route tree yet. Yeah, because you've seen him on the comeback, I mean, on the curl route he was.
Speaker 6: He was like, then to.
Speaker 1: Your point, Fred, like he was the So I went back and watched all their explosive pass plays, which was like ten, he's like half of them though, So like if they need explosive play, like that's where.
Speaker 2: They're gonna go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to your point, but uh yeah, so yeah, I gave up two explosive plays. But then there's a PPU in the end zone. Yeah, right, there's a there's a RPO that they're trying to hit in the end zone like on a drift and Saint Juice blankets that they can't throw the football.
Speaker 2: He had a couple on like hitches and slants.
Speaker 5: Oh no, great break showing his limp and.
Speaker 1: He was very quick and physical to diagnose stuff from the run game. So like, yeah, there were those two plays. And you said something yesterday, friend, I like you to elaborate on it is is that you don't really care about dv's getting beat deep all the time. It's like not like fans care about it. And it's important to the defense.
Speaker 5: Part of the game though, Yeah, but you're like just to say that, like it's certain points of the game you cannot run from right And if I'm a play aggressive, but she.
Speaker 2: Was playing aggressive.
Speaker 7: He was playing aggressive.
Speaker 5: I might give up a thirty yard fade route as long as I get to tackle long ain't ain't a fade route that I'm looking at his elbows and his last name still running. I'm fine with it. But you can't ask me to do both. You can't ask me to be aggressive and also take away everything. So the thing about it is, I respect when a guy give it up and get back up, because think about it, Saint, you just gave up their fade route, then come break the ball up. They try to fade them to the other side. Four by one, he breaks the ball up.
Speaker 7: I respect. That's what I respect because this is what we.
Speaker 2: Do know is a corner, and it keeps points off the board.
Speaker 5: The only conner that they never got beat is the coner that ain't never played.
Speaker 6: And it's speaking of being aggressive, I think when you really watch the game and you watch them explosive players them probably the only.
Speaker 3: Time he was as aggressive, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I'm one of what's going on in his head, like darn, you know what I mean? The one or two times I didn't put my hands on the guy with the time I let him get in the steps.
Speaker 5: On trusting your technique because on the other ones he putting hands on people and then he don't have the problem a getting beat. And you say he opened up the gate on that first fade rap and now it's about who the fastest, and he's not and he's not the fast quick he's bigger than fast, but so dead go on the two players you gave up, your technique was bad. On the eight players you made, your technique was tough, and they go to the in line that cornerback when you when you see I ain't doing right, that's when you attack me.
Speaker 1: And I think, to your point, Fred, like, yeah, there were times where he was pressing and he did great, but there's also times where he played off and I actually thought he did some great stuff there too. But to Tannis point, it's like when to use those techniques and how to maximize that. Because there was one uh on the one that was we saw we saw yesterday. It was a cover three cover No, it was single high safety man coverage. He gets hands on why the side and lets cam Crow get over the top of it was.
Speaker 2: Perfect, perfect, perfect, So I just think like he had a really solid.
Speaker 1: There's there's a screen like where it's the receiver coming to blocker, but it's like full extra.
Speaker 7: He made so many plays that we could keep going about it.
Speaker 2: So is say, no, he wasn't fully cooked. Maybe he was likely.
Speaker 5: Baked because baked potatoes they keep the nutrients in it, the.
Speaker 7: Peels still on there.
Speaker 5: One quite fried one of French fry like one net.
Speaker 2: But did he get touched a little bit?
Speaker 7: He did get tested a little because it's potatoes against pumpkin.
Speaker 5: Nobody's deep fried for the holiday.
Speaker 2: But I say to say that, but I think when people say, oh, he got cooked.
Speaker 5: And like, no he didn't, I don't look at it like that. And you have to be a pro not to look like that because they're going out.
Speaker 2: The ie tics gave up.
Speaker 6: He gave him a couple of plays that probably I think, and I believe one or two of them they didn't even score, you know, so it wasn't that detrimental to the team.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so I think, like, I mean, honestly, one of the best games I've seen him play, like, even including those plays. So I'm like when people say got cooked him, like wow, because I think he you know, in pff. They had him at eighty two, yeah, which is which is pretty good, which is really really good. So yeah, I don't say he got cooked. Is probably a little extensive. But if you guys don't agree with us, go watch the film. Let us know what you think. I think we'll see what we're talking about. All right, wide receivers have get right games against us. This one is interesting because it sometimes does feel this way and I liked it. Tanna, what do you want you want to start this one? Do you want her to start this one?
Speaker 3: Freak has started because I have something to say. You know that's going on? Probably go away. He's talking about, Yeah, let's.
Speaker 5: See we go Yeah, in a way, kind of feels that way. He hadn't found his footing in the NFL.
Speaker 2: He does, but he's an explosive play guy, very.
Speaker 5: Explosive, but hadn't yet found that wigger room.
Speaker 2: Waller, so that let's talk about Waller.
Speaker 7: So like people thought he didn't like football no more.
Speaker 1: Honestly, honestly, I think the thing with Waller that because you said this, ty Rod at him just had a better connection.
Speaker 6: And I was afraid of it. And Daniel Jones for like the ball was coming everywhere to him and he couldn't. He wasn't settled with Daniel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because Daniel don't know how to like your safety val you're tight end. Daniel Jones don't like to be safe. He like one read, two, read, and run. But sometimes took folks who are realizing. And I've been him.
Speaker 6: I've had a guy that had to catch passes from many different guys within the season. And you can just see when Tyrod throws the ball, it's like effortless. He's throwing it boom nowhere to God knowing how to put it on you. It seems like everything Daniel does is coming at you like a trainah, and it's all fast.
Speaker 3: It's not like and it's all scared letting you get to your spot.
Speaker 6: It's just putting it in the area and saying, hey, go get it, grab it for me, you know what I mean. So I'm watching him and he just seems uneasy. When Daniel throwing the ball.
Speaker 1: To well, like the one with Mail where he's like running the high crosser like first off, great protection plan right that leave both tight ends the tight.
Speaker 2: End in the back ship. But it's like a long chip like really guide him to like sometimes and lit it scratch itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you know, sometimes, like you've done chips before, it's like boom and you're out, or it's like you're just helping the tackle a little bit. This one was like two hands on, you're walking to the tackle. You got him, all right, I'm gonna go run my route now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so great protection plan because then on the inside, when you chip on both tackles, you can double team on.
Speaker 2: The one side of that, right, So great job, really good plan.
Speaker 1: But then on that one, because you have extra time, Mayo's running with him step for step. And the thing I love about this throw, it's exactly what you just said, Tyrod just easy takes a little beat and then puts it out and he's covered when he throws it, but he throws it to the grass. Yes, and Waller is faster than Mayo. Yeah, that's not a use breaking debate.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then just he just runs right under it. Easy catch right now, the one off schedule. He scrambles out of the pocket to his left after getting a pressure, so good job, d line. Yeah, and then throws it to Waller who's uncovering back the other way. So I feel like you as much as we're mad about the production that Waller had and Hiatt too, I think you got to give credit to Tyrod. Like I was not in the camp with you. I was like, I'd rather we disagreed on because I thought he wouldn't be ready to go. But then I went back and thought about it, and like he was a good starter in Buffalo, a good starter, and I think we saw that version of him, like the touchdown the Waller, Like you remember, we ran this concept. It's I can't say the name of the play because it's kind of profane, but it's like a option to mic go vertical.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a perfect throw man, And so he's like, Okay, the guy over the top of a little bit ain't gonna be able to put it over there because the guy could run.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna put it here. Yeah, And that's why I thought it was the guys he threw it. Man, you got it.
Speaker 6: You had you had the middle linebacker, you had the safety, and I don't know that was another safety or Olnna.
Speaker 2: It was a hook player. It was a hook player, hook.
Speaker 6: Player, but the damn tight end Waller he was in in between all three of those. Yeah, And the ball came, that's behind this guy here and he could just turn around.
Speaker 2: That's a soft in the zone. The head butler would get get it. He was there.
Speaker 6: Or if you throw it any any more tighter, then you got the linebacker getting it. He threw it perfectly where none of those guys can touch.
Speaker 1: And so in terms of receivers getting right, like, yes, yes, they got right. But I also think he got better quarterback play. And there's no defense for a perfect throw. And I feel like there was a couple of those in this game where Tyrod was very in himself in his bag as we like to say, and made plays.
Speaker 2: So David Jones can't make that throw. He hasn't this year for sure.
Speaker 3: He finally to beat us with his leg somehow.
Speaker 5: And when you say, I see he was getting it on against Okay AJ Brown, he didn'et got it on against everybody.
Speaker 1: But again, but but again and a young guy like it's it's it's weird, like you had a tough matchup for a young player.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, Like I.
Speaker 6: Just finna say, man, you know to what Fred and to what were talking about this topic. I just feel like we've been in situations where we've toyed with certain things defensively and it just haven't hit home. We haven't hit home with it, and it cost us to be where we're at right now. So once you once you're down, you know what people have to do to you, right yep?
Speaker 3: Keep you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: And once somebody get it on you, you gonna see it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna keep it next week.
Speaker 6: That's why I wanted to talk about it last because I feel like, you know, we put it on tape once.
Speaker 3: That's the worst thing to do. In his NFL. This league is a copy cat lead.
Speaker 6: So now regardless of what you got going on back there, we're going to give everybody the business because the one thing we want to happen is the guys up front to get home.
Speaker 3: And I think we've been not hitting home more often than we.
Speaker 5: And kind of neglecting the guys in the back end. It seems to be the NFL trend to run more to man and to run protective shelves.
Speaker 2: So now I look at it.
Speaker 5: Whoever we played Aj Brown Top five receiving the League in my book, Stepan Diggs Top.
Speaker 2: Five Top five quarterbacks too.
Speaker 5: These are like so I'm looking at the people were playing, and I'm saying, my god, besides, uh, Kyle Pitts, I thought should have been balling year now Drake London, like these dudes got talent.
Speaker 6: And then and then he got quarterbacks that can you know, believe that can do things, you know, break that. So, I mean, that's another thing that people fail to realize, Like these guys get paid too, and it's hard to not allow a guy to do what he does if it's not affecting the game that much. Like I've probably seen one game that those guys getting off on the outside has and that's to me, the Chicago game.
Speaker 3: That guy just went went off.
Speaker 6: Dj Moore, he came back home and he had a he had a coming home party, you know what I mean, he's from this area and he just had one of them.
Speaker 5: And then what you were saying, now, if I'm saying to you, the weakest received was we played all years Dj Moore and.
Speaker 1: Drake London the tangent your schedule, there's some good players in there for sure, all right, So that's that And so I guess that's kind of a that's.
Speaker 2: Kind of a that's kind of a sweet potato take.
Speaker 1: I think that's on, but I think there's layers to it that we kind of talked about there. All right, I hear this one probably the most of anything is run the ball more. You got to run the ball more. And I'll start with this one. I think, yes, you should run the ball more, but they're but it's not even that, Like it's just about being afishing offensively. Like we've said that before in this show. You got to be efficient offensively, and right now, our run game is not efficient. We're not efficient, and we are more efficient in the second half. We find exposive plays in the second half of games, we kind of throw our way into a good running game. But I think, like if for fans to say we got to run the ball more, we have to cultivate a more nuanced rushing approach, right creating angles to the second level for our offensive lineman, finding ways to crack and pick and do different things to make more advantageous matchups for the offensive line and for the blocking surface. And that is not easy to do, and I don't think that's a feature of this offense. But that's okay. If you're throwing the ball with the efficiency that.
Speaker 2: We don't have. What we call short run substitutes.
Speaker 5: When you run a game is not clicking on our sealis, you've got short run substitutes.
Speaker 2: Quick screen. Yeah, we call quick screen game short run.
Speaker 3: We do actually have those that's been not run game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just saying, so you go to the quick screen game, you go to the draw, you go to these plays that open up only because of the way that they are run un They run to let the defensive line in a screenplay with the back, let them in, a drought play, let them in. Like so we're not doing the alternatives good, and we're not doing the the first level of running good.
Speaker 7: I think we got to miss it all together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely.
Speaker 1: It feels very like when I watch it, and again I have to talk to somebody here, but it feels like you run counter, you run tight zone, you run duo, and that's hard to do. Like that's what Philly does and they have the best line in football, and that's hard for them to do.
Speaker 3: I think also too, if you watch some of the games where we.
Speaker 2: Have and you run a lot out of sid zone. But yeah, I think some of.
Speaker 6: The games where we had success run the ball, it was it was about the rhythm of the game. It's about the flow of So if we move in the pocket doing some of the things offensively with our passing game, that opens up those lanes to run now, to run now now, Now they're not looking at down and distance saying, okay, I know it's gonna be a run right now. You know they just had an incomplete pass on first down.
Speaker 3: They're gonna run right now.
Speaker 6: Because some of these games I watched, you know, a g have a couple of big holes, be rob have a couple of good runs.
Speaker 3: It's because of the flow of the offense.
Speaker 6: We was moving the ball down field and bam, we hit them with a second down run or a first down run or third down unexpected. Because we had third and short, we was able to run and get you know, you know, twenty yards out of that carry or something like that. So to me, I believe just how we watched the Giants like find a way to get a rhythm and and pick us part, you know, pick us apart slowly with certain certain plays. We haven't had that enough to rely on or run, and when we see it, it's almost seemed like it's forced, you know, because I'm seeing too many of us banging into each other when we do run. And we thought going into the season that that's what our officer.
Speaker 3: Line is going to be known for. They can get today.
Speaker 6: They are better run protectors than they are you know, pass protector, you know what I mean. So they already they are better run blockers than they are pass protecting. They're getting second level with the run block. And though, because I'm seeing a lot of backs running to a lot of.
Speaker 1: Back Yeah, that's the point though, I think, is like when you see backs running into backs, it's because you've got these double teams. And this is like a little bit nerdy, so'll stick with me for one second. So yeah, So let's say we got a center guard combination. We're double teaming a shade, so someone in between the center and guard, and we're double teaming to the offensive right. If I'm on that double team, i am at a bad angle to block that guy from a blocking stamdpoint I want to block, and we're running to the right, I want to block back away from the run and go to the guy who's to the guy who's running across the formation. I want to go vertically and double back right because it creates seams right, because if there's a shade, there's a five technique guy outside the tackle, he's gonna block him out. Vertical double team block we got a nice crease in between the guard and that.
Speaker 2: I can pull somebody if I want.
Speaker 1: To leave right and so right now, when you run these tight zones, when you run duo, tight zone sometimes counter count is usually pretty good about creating it. But tight zone duo, they're all vertical. So you're basically asking these guys to kind of play out of what they're really good at. So on a vertical double team, you huge guys, Yeah, I want to lift you up and move it.
Speaker 2: I need to get you out of his get under.
Speaker 1: If and so with this group, I want lateral runs. I want to use my quickness, use my athleticism, find ways to create good landing spots to the second level. And I feel like to your point, when you see them running into backs, it's because that double team is going vertically and it's hard to create vertical movement in the NFL with it. So that's what I would say, is like that scheme only works if you throw the ball a ton, get them in advantageous.
Speaker 2: Box structures, right, hit them. Yeah, and then once they're in those box structures.
Speaker 1: That's why, like you look at the Bills game for example, b rob comes out and we average like seven yards of carry in the second half of that game because they're playing straight cover two straight cover, two great angles in the run game, good numbers in the run game, we can great good movement. That's what you want, right, But you gotta the way this offense, at least observationally works is you got to throw your way into that stuff. It's not like Kyle Shanahan or Detroit where it's like we run the ball first, we are to yes, because those teams that run the ball like that, receivers block, full backs, block tight ends. Everybody blocks. If you're not blocking, you're not gonna play. Get gone.
Speaker 6: So I asked this question, and trust me, I truly see that. I mean just this, you basically demonstrating that you can see it watching it.
Speaker 3: It's happening that way.
Speaker 6: I've been a part of offenses that had new offenses, coordinators and style of play, and one wasn't working. So they say, you know what, I'm not going to scrap what I'm doing as a whole. I'm going to add some traditional runs. That's going to allow us to do some traditional things when the office isn't at sea doing what I wanted to do, because we understand that. To me, I've seen that without even knowing what you just broke down. I'm like, if we're not passing the ball, well the run ain't coming. We're not being able to show them something. And then they say, because you know, not every offense passing not come off each other.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, some officers were.
Speaker 6: You know, we're gonna we're gonna we're gonna do a pass here and there. The next thing, you know, we're gonna play action. You I mean, do a running then we're gonna play action. You Not all offices work that way, but I remember being here my first year, oh five, you had just left.
Speaker 3: And our run game was superb. Clinton. They was tearing people upon.
Speaker 2: Mike cell run past.
Speaker 6: Game wise, we just wasn't moving the ball. And what we started doing, say you know what, let's scrap everything. We're gonna do what the other team couldn't stop last week. And it worked for us, and before you know it, we ran more of the other teams you know passing game that played that team previously then we ran our own.
Speaker 3: So I'm just wondering, you know, we were going until week eight.
Speaker 6: Now, could we trinkle in a couple of runs from other teams that's been successful again.
Speaker 2: I see what y'all saying right there.
Speaker 5: I don't know if there's the quick fix in my head because it's a reason.
Speaker 6: It's not even a fix, it's just something to get us positive yard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But I think it's a reason why frogs don't wear Jordan's like it doesn't help them swim. I'll just be honest, man, Like, just because it's extra, don't make it help. I'm just saying it's a reason why. It's the reason why nature only gives you what you need. You're gonna give me way up feet fingers for me to grab things and for me to swim, But you could protect me by putting a pair of shoes on me, but it would also hinder me. So if your outfense is predicated on throwing the ball to open up the run, then what I.
Speaker 7: Was saying, what about these secondary short passes.
Speaker 2: And you are saying the same thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but we're just saying a different way.
Speaker 1: It's like you need, like when you need a spark in the run game, what is it and how do you get there? And me, I'm like, I want to do what Tannis says because I want to get into type formations. Let's get those receipts. But that is a big lift. That's like, imagine installing that in the week.
Speaker 2: That's tough.
Speaker 1: That's a frog with joy, a draw, a screen, pitch, maybe all that stuff.
Speaker 2: You could that's pretty every day. We could do that.
Speaker 6: We can do that, we can we can do the two point play that Samuel scored a touchdown on.
Speaker 5: We can open field, put that in the game.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: You try to do something different that Samuels put give me right there, put b robbing there and give me at the same time, it's bring him across, throw throw, give me this.
Speaker 3: Right look at us and I and I'll suck at it. You know I suck at it.
Speaker 6: But I'm just saying, just when you're watching it, man, you're just looking at you saying, I'm sure you know eb is doing a great job at what he's calling, you know, and some of the things situations, because you can see when when we're.
Speaker 3: Having success, we all do.
Speaker 6: But when you having as many miscues that we've had, it kind of puts you in a spot where you can't even call some of your best stuff.
Speaker 2: That's one, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: And so if we can't call it, but I still trying to do it, then it can kind to make me like what else do I have? So I'm wondering, because I'm pretty sure every officeer coordinator has it. I'm just wondering, when I take this sat on, I take this jump off size and have this penalty I gotta put back? Do I have a player that I can say that's gonna get me at least the yards back?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I think it's the first year coordinated. I think he's still in his bag trying to problem solve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I will say Colin plays at the high school level like that is a dagger because you're like, there's no like third, like second and twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got nothing. It ain't a playful Yeah, I got nothing.
Speaker 5: Let's get Sam Yaws and try to make it a short.
Speaker 1: And third per and so okay, so I think we that was good. I really liked that was a good discussion. Okay, so we got two we got two left.
Speaker 5: Ye Oh, that's a great question because I think it's a little pumpkin and there sweet potato with pumpkin sea no cause sweep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's something there, but it's like is it. Yeah, It's like you need something easier to in slate guys. Run game is kind of the defaul thing, but it's not just as easy as like run the ball mark. You need more efficient runs. It's a sweet pumpkin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a sweet pumpkin. That's what it is. Sweet, all right.
Speaker 1: Johan Dodson is regressing this one. I think is interesting because I got a lot of people about.
Speaker 2: This one step back there.
Speaker 6: I mean honestly, man, you know, don't get me wrong. I feel like I've walked in these shoes too many times. I've seen a guy and it was so crazy, I promise you if I'm lying on Flying Fly. When we was talking about Jahan Dawson coming to this season, the first thing I had in the back of my right mind, right brain.
Speaker 3: Right side, right side is always the best.
Speaker 6: The first thing I thought of, I said, I hope we ain't blowing too much smoke and this guy don't have the season that we are thinking I swear, I promise you. I was just sad sitting here saying to myself, you know how you feel something, don't say nothing about it.
Speaker 3: And I'm like that all the time.
Speaker 6: So I was saying this to myself and then boom, the season's happened. We're here now, and wow, you know what I mean, Like this is what I kind of imagine happening. You know, I mean, because you got a new offense, you got a new quarterback, you got so many things going on, and.
Speaker 3: As a receiver, you've talked about this time and time again. We need so much to.
Speaker 2: Go right for y'all to seed.
Speaker 6: And for the most part, things have gone well when he had opportunities. But you're still trying to get chemistry with this quarterback. You're still trying to get in where you fit in with this offensive scheme, how to get to these routes, how to get to these spots on the field. Too many variables in a timely fashion, and you're still trying to be yourself.
Speaker 3: When you look at certain.
Speaker 6: Games, you can say that he's catching the ball well in this game, when you're saying, well, he's not putting the same production.
Speaker 3: But if you look at it. It's not all his fault.
Speaker 2: It's never all the receiver fault.
Speaker 6: No, I can't say that because sometimes it's just a receiver. If you drop a ball, then that's on you. But if you not running the route fast enough, you'd not get to your spot, that's on you. But the reason why I want to jump on this is because when I'm watching him, I can see some of the games when he's not getting the ball, then it's he's not getting his number call.
Speaker 3: Then the games are getting called.
Speaker 6: You can't he can't help as a receiver. What catches, what what routes he's getting, He's getting the ball thrown to him. Man, Like last week, he caught a he caught a shout across, he caught a stick route, he caught an out route. Even a player that he missed in the fourth quarter that was like a little out route, you know what I mean. Those particular passes not gonna always give you the numbers that you're looking for or the production that people are hoping to see from him.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of routes.
Speaker 6: Here and there that one of them got picked going across the middle, and that that route used to be called the what route for us, the high crosses deep over whatever call that play got picked, you throw it a little differently. That's a big game for him. He's probably going up the side of a centis touchdown. So last year I'm looking at certain plays that's not getting to him that he can he can get that production out of. Then some of the players that's not even being thrown at him. So the reason why I want to chime in on it because I bend them shoes. And yes, it's easy to say that he's regressing because he has to put up the numbers, but I won't say he's regressing himself. I feel like offensively, when we haven't really got were playing ketch up, we have old thing. Not even that we haven't got him evolved enough. I think we have too many guys to try to get things happen, and one guy in himself, Terry needs the ball.
Speaker 3: He's your guy.
Speaker 6: So it's easy to say Terry's not a guy that you can say, oh, he's gonna run this route, gred, He's gonna do that. Terry's is the guy throw the ball up. He's gonna he's gonna come down with and make them happen. That's how I look at Terry.
Speaker 2: He can run.
Speaker 6: He can pretty much run every route. He's probably not the best at running him all. Yes, we look at Jahan as a he's a surgeon when it comes to the route round.
Speaker 3: He can run routes.
Speaker 6: But Terry's one of those guys that man, he can run whatever routes you tell him to run. He's gonna find a way to get open. And when you have a guy like that, to me, I feel like.
Speaker 3: You have more.
Speaker 6: Room for error, you know what I'm saying, Like you can throw the ball to Terry and he's gonna make you right. Jahan, on the other hand, Logan said this today and I had to I had to really say I agree. I didn't say I agree when I was thinking about it back there, but I agree with it. It seems like at times, or you might have said this, it seems like Sam is trying to be perfect with your Yeah, he wants to throw a perfect ball. Yes, instead of throwing the ball and just throw it up to me, just give it to them. Both of the guys have hands. Both of the guys can make plays. So I wouldn't say he's regressing. I just feel like we have to find more ways created him involved, and I think last week was the first time I saw them try to make an effort of getting him involved.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you talked about it, not you because of this reason right here in the NFL DB's we look at two receivers. We got trouble shooters that mean they don't care what's going on around them.
Speaker 7: Who quarterback them. Matter of fact, they never have.
Speaker 5: Good quarterbacks, right Sant Tyner story like he would have to just figure it out.
Speaker 2: Then you got honeymoon receivers.
Speaker 5: Like honeymoon receivers is the guy that been with Peyton Manning his whole life, the Tyreek Hill that they had Pat Mahame didn't go to tours. So if some guys a Hundrey move receivers, they always gonna put up the numbers because they always got somebody good delivering the ball. But your trouble shooters they do it despite of they do it, despite of quarterbacks, they do it despite of offensive scheme. Terry McLaurin is a trouble shooter. I'm talking about year at the who my quarterback don't care Year at the year at the year, Throw me the ball.
Speaker 7: I would come down to it.
Speaker 2: I'm not a devil. I'm not gonna.
Speaker 7: Respond to everybody else.
Speaker 2: Trouble shooting receivers. Then you have receivers that need.
Speaker 5: Things to be a little bit right, and if it ain't right, they are not right. Like I would love to see two people trade shoes and we all came out in the draft, Clay, I would love to see Reggie Wayne trade shoes with Santana mos See, now show me your numbers. Like so it's one of those things where as a receiver, damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Speaker 1: Right to you, both of you rus points. I felt like this was like his best game, like running rounds, getting open, finding space, his legs look under himber in Atlanta, we kind of thought he was a little heavy leg this one. I felt like, no obvious, there's the drop late, but I thought there was you know, you mentioned the the interception. There was the other one kind of in the first half where it's thrown behind him, Like those are both opportunities where I think he could have made some plays and he just didn't get the opportunity. But I thought, I think he looks he's looking good just about getting those opportunities worked out now, So this is the one we've talked about all these fans. If you given all of these, this is the one I get the most of. So is John regressing pumpkin Nurse, sweet Potato. I'd say that's a little bit of a pumpkin tape. All right, are we out of it? Is it time to give up? Trade everybody and move on, get ready for next year?
Speaker 5: Calm down, We got more games in front of us than behind us. As simple as this, derego your math. We not OH in seven. If we was OH in Salem, were still all got ten more to go. So at the end of the day, it's never how you start, it's how you finish. And I understand it's the side with taste, not because of the loss how we lost the losses.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, they're only going to get better.
Speaker 5: Would you rather play your best game by the said, I mean, your best football by the seventh week? Are your best football going into the latter half of the year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean we're far from out of it. I've been in tougher situations I've been in.
Speaker 3: I went to the.
Speaker 6: Postseason at least two or three times, probably because I only went three years here in ten years. But all those times we had to go and get four or five games in a row.
Speaker 7: Just we went and got seven and got it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we did.
Speaker 6: So I've been in them years. Five we went and got five at.
Speaker 2: The in the year.
Speaker 6: You know, I've been in another team where we went and got four in the I've been in those teams where you just have to make your run claw you know what I mean. But at the same time, saying that you're out of it, you're not out of it until you're out of it, you see what I'm saying, Like you're not out of it to say it you're out of it, And I feel like it's too much time for us to even have that talk. But I will say this also, you still have to have a sense of urgency as a player and as a team as a staff that we because see my only problem with what we have going on right now, this is my biggest problem. You don't win the games you're supposed to win. So it's easy for you to look at it and say it out of it.
Speaker 2: Say I can't pick anyone.
Speaker 6: You look at it, You look at all other games, but they ain't gonna be that team. That team they ain't gonna be that team. But then the games when they show up. So if you win these games you're supposed to, then you're sitting there big fat and happen you might lose those easier the games down the road because you want a game or two that you're supposed to that made you think that you did something. So this is one of those things about our team. John said the other day on the Junk show Man, we always make.
Speaker 3: It hard for ourselves. We've been a part of those teams. Yeah, make it hard.
Speaker 2: We made it hard.
Speaker 3: Maybe they don't like it easy.
Speaker 6: And if they don't like it easy, then oh well, I'm gonna sit back and be ready to watch it.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have to play sooner or later. Better than it's.
Speaker 2: Only good and horseshoes and grenade throwing. That's it.
Speaker 7: I almost won't get you there.
Speaker 2: They almost you right.
Speaker 7: Target with grenade.
Speaker 1: You better, you better throw it fast enough. I agree with both of you guys. But you know, in twenty twelve we were three and so not looking good. One seven in row made the playoffs, right, so you never know, and we and we beat some teams. We shouldn't beat So you're not out of it. It's just about to your point and can you find it? Can you find the consistency? Can you find the right amalgamation of stuff? And started making plays?
Speaker 2: All right? Excuse me?
Speaker 1: So now time for the Command Center Podcast Fantasy Recap and we have a very special guest back by popular demand intern Caroline.
Speaker 2: Caroline, how are you?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 8: Everyone comments, so shout out, shout out.
Speaker 5: To you one a week ago.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it. Yeah, so you're here to help us recap. So you are?
Speaker 1: You won this week and you beat me. Jason just told me about so congratulations.
Speaker 7: Who ain't playing down?
Speaker 2: My team must be terrible? So who was in your lineup? Caroline?
Speaker 8: Let's let's get a look see? So I kept justin Jefferson in because as I saw I was playing you and I thought this.
Speaker 2: I don't know who's on my team.
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 5: Logan that's similar to me, Like when I say when I hear I lose, I'd be like Jason just hating.
Speaker 7: Like it's to the point now I don't even count the points.
Speaker 2: Of MyD isn't isn't Jason your your manager?
Speaker 7: He's my manager? That seems to never manage.
Speaker 3: But you had a we had a squad.
Speaker 6: Man, I was scared of your squad when I watch because we was we was head to head this weekend.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at your squad. I'm like, man, he got some guys and they never show up together.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, and that's a that's the thing about fantasy, it's about you can have all the best players, right, but if you don't pick him to play that that pretending day, the opportunity I had to do Andrews over there with the Ravens, and I took him up the lineup because he hadn't been doing anything.
Speaker 2: Points who you got?
Speaker 8: Okay, So just looking at it, the only position you beat me at was at quarterback. You had Lamar Jackson who had a day. I had Josh Allen, so went to by points.
Speaker 2: Still even with it, he didn't have two interceptions? Though? Was that last week I happen to say? That never stops the quarterback from racking up point Who they played? They played Doingland this weekend? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah they did?
Speaker 2: Didn't he have two picks? Okay? Gosh, Jason, Jason terrible man. Yeah, Jason, this isn't this your job?
Speaker 5: No, we watched the Washington Commander.
Speaker 2: Is that right? Okay? So else you got.
Speaker 8: Okay, So you also had a lot of people on your bench, which I did not. I killed you. It was seventy one to one twenty.
Speaker 2: Is that bad? Yeah?
Speaker 7: She almost doubled.
Speaker 8: Davante Adams. Still just like, is he?
Speaker 2: Is he on my team or your team?
Speaker 8: My team?
Speaker 2: Okay? I don't know. I don't anybody.
Speaker 5: DeVante Adams and Justin Jefferson winning?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh?
Speaker 8: Why had Terry too?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 3: Ain't do nothing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, her best, her best receivers didn't even have a good game.
Speaker 8: You didn't play Austin Eckler. He literally had only five zero sake one seen really only had one point for you. So I don't really know.
Speaker 1: Ye look at that. I look at my roster a little bit here, boys, Yeah, I don't even know it.
Speaker 2: My team to step up and pay attention, all right.
Speaker 1: So moving on from the most boring game of fantasy this week, London is still undefeated. How I mean, have you you played him right, Caroline?
Speaker 3: I played him last week.
Speaker 6: I think I point about one point.
Speaker 3: It was one fifteen, one fourteen.
Speaker 2: And you're still salty about it.
Speaker 6: I love salty his hell about it because it was all about that last interception that the damn Cowboys got that it gave him that little nod in front of me.
Speaker 3: I mean I was sitting there the whole night.
Speaker 6: I literally watched the game knowing that London had the Cowboys defense, and I'm like, if I can hold on, yeah, I got him and they got to pick to close the game out.
Speaker 5: The Cowboy killer killed by the Cowboy So.
Speaker 2: But he's got Travis Kelcey on his on his team.
Speaker 5: Well long as as long as he dating so and so, they're gonna be at least thirty points a game because since they've been dating, he been over one fifty every game.
Speaker 2: Taylor, TWI know that she's been at right every game this.
Speaker 6: Game until he had a he had a he had a score, some catches he didn't. He wasn't really killing.
Speaker 2: But he had one hundred games. We know this.
Speaker 5: This dude is the goat of tight ends already. Really nothing that's to prove now he's having the best statistical years, Like because you know when you got that new girlfriend in the stands and your girlfriend happened to be the most popular woman on Nerve.
Speaker 2: Show out Caro, what do you think about that?
Speaker 1: Diller Swift about Fred's analysis here, I mean, I saw you laughing over that.
Speaker 7: Wants to show out for the girl. I feel about it.
Speaker 1: I feel like when I was at my happiest, I played my worst. I need like like someone stopped me.
Speaker 5: But you know, players need the other drive, like what's driving you today?
Speaker 6: Every girl don't work for you do? Because I was that gown. I was young, and I told myself I want a girlfriend around football season just because I didn't know if I didn't want to bring her juju in with me. You know what I'm saying right about.
Speaker 3: So you had to.
Speaker 6: You had to find that girlfriend that you felt like made you get up and play.
Speaker 7: Because when I got married, my game suffered.
Speaker 2: That's probably for the reason I'm just daddy. It's suffered.
Speaker 9: Fred, You just say things sometimes just to fact check you real quick. Yeah, since he's been dating Swift, No, no, no, sixty yards.
Speaker 5: The game she is she's been going to? She hasn't went to every last one. I promise you you just lied into the mic was at she was.
Speaker 9: At the New York sixty seven yards.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good kind of touchdown, right.
Speaker 9: No, excuse me, sorry, that was sixty yards sixty no touchdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Then the next game she was at she was at the every sixty seven yards.
Speaker 3: So I can say this after you've done Then he had.
Speaker 9: Twenty one hundred and twenty four yards, no touchdown, and then you.
Speaker 2: Know speak he went.
Speaker 6: So from the time he said on his podcast, if I can get Taylor Swift to come to the game, she has been.
Speaker 3: To every game.
Speaker 2: Four games.
Speaker 3: That's the only four games we're talking about.
Speaker 7: No, and they've been danceince the season, bro.
Speaker 3: But I'm talking about since the time he said he wanted her to.
Speaker 5: Go to the game that was last That was what I'm talking about. I ain't talking about the start day literally six seven games ago.
Speaker 3: This is my this is this is what I'm saying to you.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about the time he said that them the games that I'm counting those four games, and it wasn't one fifty.
Speaker 2: First of all, he said that in the off season.
Speaker 3: He did not say that.
Speaker 5: He said I want the day Taylor Swift in the off season doing a doing an interview with his team.
Speaker 6: At the time they aired it, from the time they aired it, from the time they aired it on national's.
Speaker 2: Been the four games.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: He's off.
Speaker 3: No, he haven't sixty yards.
Speaker 5: Sixty yards and you take sixty yards.
Speaker 2: I would take sixty.
Speaker 3: But we're talking about what you just said.
Speaker 5: You said one fifty area week, Jeff, because you trying to shade my line with a lie.
Speaker 7: Didn't make your line, because you have.
Speaker 2: No proof on this, Fred, you got no ground to stand on right now. You lie, You didn't lie. London.
Speaker 7: Where's London when I need?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 5: Don't need?
Speaker 2: Y'all tell the world we're not doing that to you.
Speaker 1: We're not doing that to you. Okay, leave a comment. Guess what Fred's mill name is. It starts with a D. Here we go, all right, So Fred, you lost to Santana by one. You had Tua and you had Naja. Harris, it's not your Harris playing good football.
Speaker 5: The back behind him number thirty, it's told to bree it right now, Harris.
Speaker 7: I know, no, what's the name told the bride the back behind it?
Speaker 1: I gotta look that up. But yeah, so so so. Tanna, you're doing good, London's doing good, Carolina doing good. Jason, how are you doing? Are you in this thing or what, Yeah, nor your your Fred's GM. Yeah, it's tough. That's a tough, look all right. You can't be good at everything, all right. So that's our fantasy recap, a little all over the place. To David, it was fun. And then now, from what I understand, our producer just told me that intern Caroline as a game for us today. She's gonna guess all of Fred's isms from today's show.
Speaker 7: How many did I?
Speaker 2: I was trying to think back, I don't.
Speaker 1: I feel like it wasn't as many as normal, but like a fredism was like I don't know, like a paralypse will tell a lie or listen or whatever you say, like one of those, And I'm sure one of those are in there, but I'm curious to see. So Caroline, just for the record, just to talk through the game, Jason's gonna give us that.
Speaker 9: Before we begin. How many do you think she's gonna get?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 9: What should we set the over under it?
Speaker 2: I don't even know what he said today though, like we can.
Speaker 5: Set over under you just know everything at five, six to seven, that's what that's a lot.
Speaker 2: I bet you, I bet you get I bet you get three? Right? Yeah, three and a half three, I'll take the.
Speaker 1: Under all all right, all right, here you go. And not because I don't think you don't know the fredisms. It's because I don't think he said that many today.
Speaker 2: But here we go.
Speaker 8: Okay, well some of them aren't necessarily is I think he's gonna.
Speaker 2: Bring up okay? Right here we go.
Speaker 8: I didn't write that down, but that would be an example.
Speaker 5: Bring up bubbles, bubbles Jackson, Okay, bring up okay.
Speaker 8: So that was actually my first one that you were going to say something about pumpkin or sweet potato.
Speaker 1: So it's funny, it's what's funny. Let me just say this real quick. Let me just say this. We did our pumpkins segment today and I was waiting for him to say something. I was like, is he gonna say? And I was like, Fred, what is a pumpkin? He's like, oh, it's okay, And he was intentionally.
Speaker 5: Staring away from me, and I was not gonna duck the ball for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he kind of he kind of like sidetracked it a little, just stayed away from.
Speaker 9: And just to apologize to you, Caroline, in our production meeting, I did tell Fred that this may be coming, and so I feel like to be the winner in turn.
Speaker 1: So so I was so, it's not fair. It's not fair because he's like because he in the meeting, it's like, I'll play the game.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, Fred wants a pumpkin. He was like, I don't know, I've.
Speaker 6: That he said that because I was want to say, like, well, we actually warmed him.
Speaker 3: So that's why I didn't hear that many That's.
Speaker 8: Just crazy because I think for the past two months se potato.
Speaker 5: But we had a segment today pumpkin or sweet potato, and it wasn't saying do you want one of these? It was saying, how do we view these situation?
Speaker 10: He did he did say.
Speaker 6: He did say, to his credit and to your credit, he did say punkin Punkin.
Speaker 2: Has no But I basically was like, Fred, just does pumpkin have nutrients? He was like, not any of them.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't is he was I'm gonna give it to her because I think Fred was kind of trying to say.
Speaker 8: Something about the hippopotamus eating it.
Speaker 2: Dude, No, but I love that story. I loved us.
Speaker 5: If you go to the Smithsonian Zoo, they feed the hippopotamus like they throw They would literally throw the whole pumpkin.
Speaker 2: Ain't no cutting it, and I've seen do with watermelon.
Speaker 5: They throw the whole pumpkin in the mind for the hippopotamus and he just smooshes it one bite.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that's one.
Speaker 7: I was watching Gallagher.
Speaker 2: That's where y'all got that from, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So so one point, yeah, let's get And so for those of you who don't know fred as and talk to fred as much as we do, that is a story, that pumpkin story with hippopotamus that comes up during this time of year once a week, twice a week maybe, Okay.
Speaker 5: So because nobody ever thought about what a hippopotamus eats. And you need to know that hippopotamus kills more people than almost any animal than a lion, tiger.
Speaker 2: It's the it's the deadliest animal in Africa. And so it's not almost I tried to run from a hippopotamus. Got that's at all, right, Carol.
Speaker 8: The next one, did he say anything about dogs, specifically referring to the miss b.
Speaker 2: Steak bull dogs.
Speaker 5: I did not talk about dogs today, not even forbes a lot.
Speaker 2: I know I know that forms even came up. You were intentionally not bringing that. No, maybe not all right.
Speaker 8: I know you did this because you did it twice when I walked in. What you said at the end of the day, at the end of the days kind of like my thing like that.
Speaker 5: Definitely definitely listen, I said, listen because talkers like to be listened to. So you got those two you know what I said.
Speaker 7: We were talking.
Speaker 10: I say, like saving, let me get on my knaps drink.
Speaker 2: Got it? That was a good one answer? Two? Right?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 8: Three?
Speaker 2: Three? How did you listen? Okay? Yeah, all right, Logan James, he did not today. No.
Speaker 5: I was afraid he was gonna let my middle name because we have we have mutually we have we have mutually assured destruction.
Speaker 2: Right now, if you start doing that too much, I'm gonna have to throw that.
Speaker 7: Outc I know he got a.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 5: You can't, you can't light a match, and you can't put the file.
Speaker 8: I wrote something about your middle name, but Logan kind of brought it up, so it's not really fair. That was a few minutes ago.
Speaker 1: He didn't bring Yeah, yeah, yeah, I brought it up. We're not we're not bringing up on the show. We don't leave a comment.
Speaker 5: Hey, London, it's on. That's all I want to say.
Speaker 2: Great investigative, Hannah, But they don't understand.
Speaker 5: These dudes didn't been to the Scout, departed to old.
Speaker 2: B O, pay hey, old girl, to every department.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm just know his I'm laughing because see, I'm the guy he got to worry about. I'm not going I ain't trying to throw you under the bus.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna put you outs.
Speaker 9: Know what we're talking about. We're talking about Fred's middle name.
Speaker 2: You know it starts with a D.
Speaker 5: He won't because I changed it from Wikipedia purposes and and made a joke.
Speaker 4: Would do put up a fake name for everybody just and London did some investigative work and founder we're keeping it underground.
Speaker 2: That's why, respecting your identity.
Speaker 9: So we want fans of comment of what this name might be so bad you're trying to hide it.
Speaker 5: Whirs all start with a D with a E. I can't, hey, but will they figure it out?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Tune in next time, Caroline, what's the next one?
Speaker 8: Will bring up the brotherly shove and that said but will refer to as the tush push or something more inappropriate that we will have to cut.
Speaker 1: So he didn't do it today because we haven't done our previous we have done our preview partner. Yeah, so that'll be for sure, that'll come up the next next.
Speaker 7: Well, most definitely come up.
Speaker 8: Have you talked about Philly at all?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, because we only talked about the Giant.
Speaker 8: But if we talked about Philly, you'd.
Speaker 5: Say I was more because I hate the play and I respect it.
Speaker 2: You know how you respect.
Speaker 5: Something like I hate it because nobody can stop it. I respect it because they are legitimately then the people who's mastery, so you know, and I don't call it the test push. I don't call it the brother the shlve tune in next week without a red.
Speaker 8: Okay, So since you guys haven't previewed the Eagles, you definitely I think you'd say that Rocky's fake.
Speaker 7: Oh I hate Rocky, most definitely hate Rocky. I'm more of a drag old guy anyway.
Speaker 1: But there's there's one more Caroline, So no, so be you can doesn't need to be off your sheet, but you gotta get this to be over.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so right now, Logan's right, this already happened.
Speaker 8: He'll make a completely irrelevant reason slash excuse to why his fantasy team sucks. And he said reason or.
Speaker 10: I just said, she's over got the reason it sucks.
Speaker 5: He's sitting right now, Jason, the manager of.
Speaker 2: My team is the list.
Speaker 3: But look when he won, it was all him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm the mast I'm the smartest. Listen, when you got the mightis touch everything you touched her and to.
Speaker 2: Go now, I do know that smoothism, that smoothism that well, I think that does it. So she's over right.
Speaker 1: We got four of them correct, and that should give you an idea of how consistent for this in the way he speaks and what he talks.
Speaker 3: About insistently tale lies.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, so make sure you got Caroline. Thank you so much for joining us. It's always a pleasure. Maybe we get your comments up to three. If you like Caroline on the show, leave a comment. Let's see if we get her going there.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Well, since Halloween coming up, you know all the tall tales we hear about in history and stuff, they have truth to them that is true.
Speaker 2: Like me, I tried to get in the mirror and say blooded mirror. Three times. I see the mirror story drip I ran out of it, could have been.
Speaker 5: Residuced, weeat.
Speaker 7: I don't know, but these are these, these tall tales from the past.
Speaker 5: They got a little truth.
Speaker 2: To all right. Well, thank you guys so much for joining us.
Speaker 1: Make sure you tune in for our preview podcast at the Philadelphia game on Friday.
Speaker 2: Can we check that out? Make sure you like them to subscribe wherever you get the podcast.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of
Speaker 2: The Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.