Speaker 1: Hey, the folks. It is Monday, August twenty fourth, and week two of the Tupac murder trial begins today. Sounds like maybe Diddy should also be on trial with that. Welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. Yes, Dwayne Davis is the defendant in this Tupac murder trial. But Robes, Diddy's name is being thrown excuse me, puff Daddy's name is being thrown around quite a bit and renewed interest once again. And what has long been a conspiracy.
Speaker 2: Theory, Yeah, but it sounds like it's more than just a conspiracy theory now from what we heard in court, it sounds like there is a direct link and justifiably we are talking about Puffy Puff Daddy whatever his name is, Diddy for legit reasons.
Speaker 1: Okay. Now, he has always denied any involvement in Tupac's death. He has always said he had nothing to do with hiring anybody for Tupac's death. However, Robes, given how heated things were with the East Coast West Coast rap rivalry that did get violent and deadly, It's always been a part of the narrative Robes, especially since nobody was charged that possibly Sean, Did he Combs had offered to pay to have Sugar Night and Tupac killed? There are people robes in this country who will never believe anything else other than did he having a hand?
Speaker 2: Did he did it?
Speaker 1: Did he? I can't remember where the names. I need to go back to go all the name changes. But yes, Puff Daddy's name was heard on Friday on a recording in which Dwayne Davis was doing these interviews Robes, and he seems to be telling a fairly consistent story. Is he not?
Speaker 2: Yes? And to me, if we're supposed to be taking his own word for it in these recorded interviews that are now playing obviously this central role in the case against Dwayne Davis. If he is describing who actually killed Tupac and then also describing being offered a million dollars by Puff Daddy to take Sugar Night and Tupac out, don't you need to believe all of what he's saying. It'd be hard to just believe some of what he's saying. And if prosecutors are putting this forth as evidence, it all should be considered in the same way. Actually, So, yeah, that's why we're talking about Puff Daddy again.
Speaker 1: There, folks, I'm actually asking that question. Could Sean Combs end up charged with murder for Tupac Shakur? That is a stretch. I think most lego experts are saying right now, given what has to be proved over the years and the transaction, did he actually pay? And even what's his name here, Dwayne Davis is saying he never actually received payment as well?
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, And that's a question. I don't know the answer to it because obviously we've seen and covered plenty of murder for higher trials. If the money doesn't actually exchanged hands, it's you, right, because look, I think about a lot of a lot of cases we've covered over the years, and that's an integral part to a prosecutor's case against a defendant that they actually did pay and that money was received for said deed.
Speaker 1: Have to exchange hands, and there was no accusation of that. But this is still fascinating. So Dwayne Davis, Yes, we're going on to week two testimony in his trial, not of course, accused of being the trigger man, but accused of orchestrating the plan and also providing the gun for that night. So Robe this was interesting and I thought it was interesting that the judge allowed it. He got a little combat and was directly going after the prosecutor at one point the jury wasn't in there. But he's upset that his his address has gotten out, he said, and has caused problems at his home. Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's understandable problems he's saying. There are security issues that he has faced, vandalism and death threats, and his families now at risk. So yes, he took issue with that. He said that they've deliberately leaked his address and his personal information, his family's personal information. That would be serious. Indeed, Look, this is real these you know, you talk about rap battles and we think about Drake and we think about Kendrick Lamar. But back in the day, in the nineties, they were coupled with real life gangsters who were willing to follow through. It wasn't just the written word or the spoken word. They used real weapons, not words as weapons. And that is certainly part of what was the concern in court when we heard from Davis addressing the judge and prosecutors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this stuff is wrong. You're endangering my family's life. They keep giving out my address. Stay broken in my house, vandalized my house, vandalize my wife's car. The prosecutor at one point interjected, said, Judge, he's a I think he's upset with me because I'm prosecuting him for murder.
Speaker 2: And that's when Dwayn Davis said, I'm not upset. I'm being prosecuted. You're endangering my family's life. And look, I get it. I mean, it's funny. We've seen so many it's not Dwayn Davis isn't the only person who's addressing someone in an awkward way, like you're not used to seeing a defendant addressive prosecutor. I haven't been used to seeing a witness address a defendant. We've seen all of that happen in this trial so far, and it's only week two.
Speaker 1: I forgot about that guy. He was a blast, But on Friday this was for me. Rome's Leonard Jefferson was a big deal. He is the guy who took that iconic photo everybody's familiar with. He was on the stand. Also, two documentary filmmakers were on the stand. But Rose Leonard Jefferson took that photo. I had no idea, he said. He actually spoke to Tupac that night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said that. He said, Hey, what up, Poc, And then he kind of looked and kind of took like a double take and said, oh what up? Man? And I said, where are you guys headed? He said, We're headed to the club. You should follow us. I said, let me get a picture real quick.
Speaker 1: ROMs he's is he the last person, yes to speak to Tupac.
Speaker 2: Shakur other than sug Night, other than Sugar in the car?
Speaker 1: That is? I had no idea that guy has a place in rap history?
Speaker 2: Were they he just some random I mean rand, some random guy who just ran up to Tupac, got that iconic photo and now is testifying at a murder trial thirty years later.
Speaker 1: He said he was in town for the fight, but ended up selling his tickets to the Tyson fight and was hanging out and just kind of people watching, doing his thing, and rolled up. Happened Tupac happened to be there. This was fascinating, but he said he had a thirty five millimeters camera, didn't develop the film for weeks, and look what he had.
Speaker 2: Did he forget that he took the picture of me to me the moment you find out Tupac was shot just moments after you took that picture, running to go develop that film to see what I got.
Speaker 1: Said. It was weeks later before he did. Can you imagine? Interesting? And maybe he did forget about I don't know how you have forgotten that.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem like it's something you would forget given the events of that night. And he, you know, anyone who was People were claiming it was a staged photo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, over the years, I didn't realize that had been a part of the storyline. But they asked them specifically about it on the stand and he's absolutely not not a stage photo, but not a witness rose. But I guess the highlighted testimony was a recorded interview. I've been playing these interviews that Dwayne Davis who did with police one in two thousand and eight. That one was played on Thursday. But the one on from two thousand and nine Robes is the one in which they have these ditty references. But before we get to all of that, he said that he claims that Dinny was scared of sug Knight.
Speaker 2: Sure, I am sure that Diddy is gonna love this. And again, this was all recorded back in two thousand and nine, so it's not like any of this could even be close to being present day, given all that Diddy has been facing lately. So yeah, to think that did. He now knows that Davis told police all those years ago he was scared. I should not. You know, that's got to be riling him off.
Speaker 1: Well, you always do the scared voice. It's funny.
Speaker 2: I'm just here. It's funny to say scared, and it's scary.
Speaker 1: A couple other highlights here. Again, he had told us we had heard about this in testimony before, but it was fascinating to hear him once again say quote, we got lucky in finding Tupaca. Were unlucky, right, I don't know. It was their intended target, and I guess it was a successful run in that respect. But he had talked about going to the club and they had waited for Tupac there. He didn't show up. They made a liquor run and it happened to run into him.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The detective at one point asked him specifically, did Puffy play a role and his answer here was yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: I don't know if maybe he was just being hesitant about how much he should say at that point, although he was saying who shot and pulled the trigger? But I don't know is there any reason why he would have been hesitant to fully say yeah, he played a role. Now what he said later was really interesting. I wish it never happened. I wish I never met Puff Daddy period. I swear to god, he messed up my life. Wow, that's wild.
Speaker 1: Puff Daddy Robes is again. They will tell you they have investigated and investigated and investigated, and there is no proof. There is no evidence that Sean Combs had anything to do with the death of Tupac, none.
Speaker 2: Except for this actual life. Yes, I was going to say a witness who gave a account which absolutely implicates Puff Daddy.
Speaker 1: So we were saying the same thing. A liar and not by my word. Again, that's his defense is that my client is a liar and you can't believe anything he said, and he was making all of this stuff up. Also, Rhodes, we learned that this guy, Dwayne Davis, at one point served as an informant for authorities, and part of his job as an informant was to tell police and lead them and guide them to the guy who was going to pay him the one million dollars for killing Tupac. Stay here, we'll explain the rest of this story.
Speaker 2: Welcome back everyone to Amy and TJ. It is week two of the Tupac murder trial, and man week one was just eye opening, fascinating, never heard before statements. And now yes, more to come this week. But let's talk about puff Daddy because this was significant to hear directly from Dwayne Davis from two thousand and nine talking about this million dollars that he says Puffy Puff Daddy offered to him to kick out Sugar Night and two box Shakar Roase.
Speaker 1: He has made this accusation plenty of times. This has been something that's been talked about publicly. This is the first time we are hearing. These were police interviews, two separate ones, two different years, two different organizations, police organizations. He told them both very consistent stories, including that yes, Sean Diddy Combs, who, by the way, remember he's in prison right now? Yep. Now, I supposed get out til twenty twenty eight? Is it next? What?
Speaker 2: I thought it was a crazy No.
Speaker 1: You might be right because he got two years.
Speaker 2: Now I'm confused, but I thought it was twenty twenty seven. It keeps moving around. I can get you the literally his release date. I swear once a month. It goes back and forth, and they won't explain why, if it's good behavior, if it's bad behavior. We know we got caught on a cell phone once, but then supposedly he did some rehab thing where he got it shortened. Now, so it's constantly changing release date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is it now?
Speaker 2: It's twenty eight, you're right, February twentieth, twenty twenty eight. I was having him out in months. Now it's February twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 1: So tell more questioning. If he does get out, is he gonna end up right back in a courtroom on murder charges? Probably not, they'll tell you. But the story's been out there. So we're now hearing these police interviews robes, the back and forth between a detective and Dwayne Davis, and I mean, this is pretty straightforward stuff, ain't it. Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because look, the detective says, who got to shooting? And that's when Dwayne Davis says, Orlando. We've heard him testify this plenty that it was his nephew who actually pulled the trigger from the back seat, but then t when Davis says, I knew. We was like, damn, we can get paid now. The detective says, but when you said paid paid by Puffy, right, Dwayne Davis says, yeah, I mean, but he's.
Speaker 1: A liar according to his attorney. So we what do you believe of what he says? Why would he be telling authorities that is he trying to get Diddy in trouble? Is he is that a true story? But he is saying Robes almost immediately after they had done the deed, they're thinking about money. I'm thinking, we can get paid now.
Speaker 2: What I mean that seems likely? I don't know if. I mean, look, if they can if they never got the million dollars, I just don't think that there's this There is not a way to prosecute, to go forward without that money exchanging hands. But then I also am thinking, what if you just don't pay your assassin, you don't get charged with murder, You can.
Speaker 1: Get away with it. That seems weird and might not want that to get out.
Speaker 2: That doesn't seem like a loophole that should be advertised. I mean, it seems like you should still be on the hook if I don't know though, if you didn't put it in writing. You just if it's not recorded. If you can't prove that someone offered you money, how does that legally go back to you? How do you have how could you possibly be held accountable that?
Speaker 1: Well, they certainly didn't get their money up front. Because Dwayne Davis goes on here we learned in court robes. He tells a story that he starts working with police and they and he says he can put police in back in touch with this contact he had, who is the guy who was supposed to give him the million dollars from puppet. He's saying there was an actual guy. So he travels from California to New York with police to try to track this guy. The meeting never happens, he never gets the million, but he claims he was there to hook up with a guy who was supposed to pay him a million bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his name was Eric Zip. Martin. Zip's been named a lot. Is this somebody who was a known entity before this trial? Is there's so many nicknames and it's just it does feel like a movie script, except for this all actually was taking place, or some of it was. Because you know, let's just remind everyone that Davis is full of crap, right, He's a liar.
Speaker 1: That's his defense.
Speaker 2: He's just boasting.
Speaker 1: Oh, Like, can you imagine getting him on the stand. He would be a blast, would he not? Oh my?
Speaker 2: I mean they wouldn't actually put him on the stand.
Speaker 1: How could you?
Speaker 2: Or if his defense is that he's a liar, what's the point of putting him up on the stand. Like nothing he says would ever be even You wouldn't be able to discern what's real what's not.
Speaker 1: They're gonna get going again in Vegas today, supposed to have a full week I do believe of testimony out there. We are keeping a close eye on this one as well as the Lindsay Clancy trial, which is getting close to wrapping up. You want to preview of that one, it's in our feed right before this episode. But as always, we appreciate you spending a little time with us. I'm tj on behalf of my dear Amy Robot will talk soon.