Speaker 1: With your process when you have the buy week, just to get ready and make sure you're sharp for the first round of the playoffs for your first game. I think Kyle kind of set it up well for us. We had a couple of days off to get feeling good, and then the game obviously wasn't too much for me. I think I had like five plays, so yeah, I got a little time there, and then we have two solid practices to felt good and fresh. Today, just work on our stuff a little bit, and then tomorrow will be pads and then we'll have another.
Speaker 2: Two days off.
Speaker 1: So I think it's a perfect perfect mix of getting fresh but also staying sharp.
Speaker 3: Watching the games this weekend. Will you have any rooting interest maybe for Tamiko or any other teams?
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely for Damiko. Only talk to McDaniel a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No Other than that, just see who we're playing.
Speaker 3: An early scouting at all when you're watching the game kind of as a fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I've seen a lot of these teams already, especially the NFC, so uh now just watching and enjoy not beating my body up for a week. I could get a bigger role here in his first couple of playoff games.
Speaker 2: Have you seen a change in him, just, you know, as.
Speaker 4: He's gotten more accustomed to the defense since he's gotten here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna have to play more. All the ends are gonna have to step it up for Cleveland, whether he misses one game or whatever it is. But yeah, we just have to hone in on the technique of things. Sometimes towards the end of the year you lose it a little bit, but now it's there's no excuse. You got to get fresh and and uh and really play the scheme the way it's supposed to be played. And we're really focusing on that as a D line group and D N group. So yeah, I'm excited for him to have this opportunity.
Speaker 3: Got all the starts this year and he's sort of the base down guy.
Speaker 2: What what did he do well to sort of earn that role And what what does Chase need to do to kind of shill those shoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just the having a camp here and being in the scheme and and just understanding the aiming points and all this stuff that Chris preaches.
Speaker 2: And it's tough to come in and get it right right away.
Speaker 1: And Randy and Chase are still learning, so they're gonna have to kind of learn quick on the run.
Speaker 2: And be ready to fill those shoes.
Speaker 1: And Cleveland brought probably the best effort of anybody on the team, So I think that was one of the biggest things he brought.
Speaker 2: Eric being back, give you guys run, It'll be huge.
Speaker 1: I think I was really happy with how Javon and Kevin played last game. So having Eric back and then those two playing well and kind of back to their role of not taking fifty snaps but taking twenty five thirty will be better for everybody.
Speaker 4: What's your I guess playoff goals going into this trying to in terms of making sacks and pressure and quarterbacks maybe more than you have in past playoffs.
Speaker 2: I just want to help my team win and win three games.
Speaker 1: That's that's my focus for sure.
Speaker 4: With Steve Will's guy here, he said he's kind of a unique spot where he was learning the defense here and trying to kind of implement stuff with it rather than you know, putting in his own system. How have you seen him maybe grow more comfortable through the course of the year and how has it kind of manifested on the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he was trying to figure it out a little bit with what kind of defense are going to be And at the end of the day, we do we do what we do, and we've done it since I've been here. Zone coverage and rushing for and and there's tons of different levels to doing it, and we need to be at the highest level possible of doing that, and if we are, then we're going to be really good defense.
Speaker 3: He said that he.
Speaker 4: Feels more relaxed now that he's on the on the field and having more fun. Have you have you noticed that? How has that shown up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean it was stressful in the beginning of the year. It seems like everybody was coming after him. But I kind of felt for him just because it's not one guy's fault ever in football. So I'm happy that it's kind of calm down and we've figured out our recipe and we just need to get fresh and be flying around when time comes.
Speaker 3: Longstanding coaches have stepped down the last couple of days. Now Kyle's here for a seventh year now, fifth with you, how have you noticed him keeping things fresh? I mean, to get consistency, but at the same time, maybe change the message up enough just to keep everybody interested.
Speaker 2: Has he changed over the years. That's a good question.
Speaker 1: Actually, he's very unpredictable with how he's going to approach things. And but yeah, his system is his systems. He's kind of old school with new school stuff to him. But I think I think he's just consistent in the sense that he's he's always looking for ways to improve, and he knows that you can't stay the same in the NFL. You have to keep improving, and especially when we've been so close, there has to be some other amount of of uh like improvement that we could reach. And I kind of see him looking for it, and I think, hopefully this is this is the year we find it.
Speaker 2: You guys have played you know, he could be four opponents. You've played three of them.
Speaker 4: Have you spent any time this week looking at Green Bay's up with their tackles Walker and Tom?
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 3: Some times brock Berdy has not had one of these great games, most recently against the Ravens. When he talks to us, he's not at all defensive, never even tries to settle.
Speaker 2: It playing, and he's like very openly.
Speaker 3: Oxby his mistakes, like what he did wrong what. It seems unique the way he does that. What does that say to you about him just as a leaders a person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely unique.
Speaker 1: In today's game, people feel attacked and uh, I want to be defensive about certain things, but shows his maturity and his understanding that.
Speaker 2: There's a reason things happened on the.
Speaker 1: Field, and and being honest is is.
Speaker 2: A good way to go about it.
Speaker 1: And you almost every play you could explain exactly what went wrong, and I think there was I find it interesting when when Kyle explains the offensive stuff to us, and it's simple stuff, simple like like motion stuff that maybe was a little bit late and threw off the play or somebody missing one block.
Speaker 2: So I think just being honest is a good way to go about your life.
Speaker 1: And he's kind of mature beyond his years.
Speaker 3: Brandon the offense won the practice today, but Fred.
Speaker 2: Said, I feel like it was pretty even. Ye