Speaker 1: Hey buddy, Hey Scott, how you doing it. I'm fantastic.
Speaker 2: I have a little surprise for you. Okay, this was promised in the last episode. Yep, but we didn't make it quite in time, saying, no, what it is? Check it out? It's a Brodie special.
Speaker 3: The lea cereal with your hand the guys him when you handed jam.
Speaker 2: We're mn.
Speaker 3: E cereal for mal Your milk is coo.
Speaker 4: Man, come again, look too, rand you cereals, Scotty Behnd Andrew Cereal JEMs you. They're two friends with.
Speaker 3: One says.
Speaker 2: This silly show. That's it cool? You didn't like it?
Speaker 1: That was awesome, loved it. It's long, yeah, said Jen Exer. You were pretty much just like, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Cell Garden. You thought it was pearl Jam.
Speaker 1: You can shut your mouth.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, David Brody.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: That's probably the only time we'll play it.
Speaker 1: No, it's long, No, because you could play like the beginning of it. I mean, our podcast isn't called spoon Man's.
Speaker 2: They did say serial killers in it real quick in the background. Did you hear it like that? Yeah, that's cool. And Scotty be and Andrew was in there too. Andrew. Yeah, so, welcome to Serial Killers. This is episode fifty three. Welcome to Friday. It's been a wonderful week. Actually it's been a drag of a week. Man, been a long week.
Speaker 1: We're recording this on a Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Why do you tell him that?
Speaker 1: Because it's good to be open with our listeners.
Speaker 2: All right, So I'm not unprepared for this episode, and I'm going to tell you why. Okay, So a couple of days ago, Garrett, you know who begs to be in here but just can't eat any of this stuff.
Speaker 1: You think you have the number eleven podcasts, You're coming onto something that's not even ranking.
Speaker 2: Right, we're like two hundred and fifty thousand and one. Yeah, because we're not even on the chart. Yeah at all. So he handed me a box from Amazon. He's like, I want you to do this on the next podcast. I said, what is He's like, I'm not telling you what it is. So it's a sealed Amazon box. I don't know if it's new, I don't know if it's classic. I don't know if it's a name brand or if it's as Anthrax. I have no idea. Well, it came from Amazon, so if it as anthrax. They did it.
Speaker 1: You don't know if Garrett sealed it at home. This is for you guys not letting me on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Do you think he has prime tape in his house? Yeah? Okay, to be.
Speaker 1: Honest with you, I think that you do. I'm just being quite honest. I don't I don't want to insult you, but I definitely think that you have a role of prime tape.
Speaker 2: I'm not a fan of the paper tape because it has to be moistened and I'm not into it.
Speaker 1: The fact that you even knew the exact type of tape that tells me everything I need to know about you.
Speaker 2: Because when this podcast is done, I'm going to start the Scott Ships podcast and then people are going to call in about packing peanut and you know, bubble wrap And I'm.
Speaker 1: In, buddy, if you start a shipping podcast, uh huh tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You in. I I don't know who your audience is, but I want to know who they are.
Speaker 2: Well, you know nothing about shipping, so you'd be my perfect co host.
Speaker 1: Why am I listening to a podcast about shipping? All right? So if you're on the FedEx website, you're going to click the signing button on the top right.
Speaker 2: Well, there are plenty of people that listen to this podcast and don't eat cereal. It's prove it in some of the comments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's different food and shipping.
Speaker 2: What am I really going to do?
Speaker 1: You're gonna type in your address. You're gonna make sure you know that that people is there.
Speaker 2: Do you know that ninety eight percent of people listening to this podcast right now do not know how much a first class stamp is?
Speaker 1: Do you thirty something sent? Yeah, in nineteen eighty it's something five cents. Why have forever stamps?
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. They still cost whatever it is at the time.
Speaker 1: Whatever I'm like five years agoing forget.
Speaker 2: That's beside the point. So let's open this box. Garrett's mad because he wanted to be here, but he's not here. He left, So here we go. Oh no, what is this? Oh boy, old school Cereal? What this is a set? Do not separate? What the hell is this?
Speaker 1: It's the Cereal school the Cereal.
Speaker 2: Oh this is that ad that you see on Facebook and stuff, isn't it?
Speaker 1: I don't know what the hell is this? Are you being a millennial and talking about Instagram on our show.
Speaker 2: I'm so confused. I don't know what this is. The Cereal School. It's cocoa, old school cereal made the New way. Zero sugar, ugh, one gram of carbs and sixteen grams of protein.
Speaker 1: I would like to see it.
Speaker 2: Ingredients milk, protein isolate, high old leg sunflower oil.
Speaker 1: So how do we eat this?
Speaker 2: Cocoa monk fruit sweetened with monk fruit, vanilla, bean, salt and natural flavor. But how do we do?
Speaker 1: Pour this in a cup?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You open it and put in a thing.
Speaker 1: Great, all right, I'll let you think. Go. No, they look like cocoa puffs. I want to try one plane here.
Speaker 2: Oh they're soft. They sound soft.
Speaker 1: You can actually see the white part of the corn pop.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not I don't believe it's corn.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, the cereal School cocoa.
Speaker 2: You know it's and you've probably seen ads for this on Facebook and Instagram.
Speaker 1: It's like a healthy cereal alternative or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know about this. Well I'm guessing, well, you know what this is.
Speaker 1: I just itched my nose after touching the cocoa powder and it burns my nose. Right, So this is going to be the new cereal oh you have something outside of this one?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Oh cool, I've got a whole cereal sack.
Speaker 1: Well, doesn't Garrett have another one in there?
Speaker 2: There is, I don't know what another one. We may have to do that one. Also, I guess can I have a spoon? Excuse me?
Speaker 1: Can I have a spoon? Oh?
Speaker 2: I thought you wanted a spoon?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Yeah that's what I said.
Speaker 2: No, I thought you wanted to spoon.
Speaker 1: Oh no, yeah, you can cut.
Speaker 2: I'll get over here, all right, shop right? Two percent milk today? Cool? I went for the two Here we go? Is weird? Yeah, it's a very airy I believe it's rice ball and it's coated with uh, it's coated with like sugar free hot. It's gross. I'm sorry, goat, it's terrible. You need something to eat right away? Right?
Speaker 1: No? No?
Speaker 2: No, oh my god? Is it awful?
Speaker 1: What is that? It burns? Why is my tongue burning?
Speaker 2: That was disgusting?
Speaker 1: That gets one bowl?
Speaker 2: That gets nothing from me? Nothing?
Speaker 1: No, what's weird about it? When you chew it, it's airy?
Speaker 2: Right? Uh huh?
Speaker 1: But then it gets dense. How did it get dense?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It can't make air dense, it's not a chemical compound, like, what is that?
Speaker 2: And it's got that monk fruit after taste.
Speaker 1: How do you know a monk fruit taste?
Speaker 2: Like, I'm just assuming. Oh, here's cereal school cinnamon bun Cereal.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's in the back of my throat. It burns.
Speaker 2: I believe that this is our punishment from Garrett for not including him in podcasts.
Speaker 1: Listen, Garrett, if we're gonna give us this cereal that you know what I told you? There was something deadly in the box.
Speaker 2: See now, smell this one. Smell this. It smells really good. Yeah, yeah, cinnamon bun smells good.
Speaker 1: But did you smell the coco The coco smelled good too, did it? Yes, it smelled like gorm pops.
Speaker 2: It's no, it smells like hot coco mix. It smelled like hot coco powder, is what it's. I'm gonna give you a different spoon because it's contaminated.
Speaker 1: Yet it's something. It's it's gotta go. That's really horrific awful. Who eats it and then says yep, good for shipping, right, Biff, and.
Speaker 2: That they're still selling cereal.
Speaker 1: I don't understand Biff and his whole intern stuff. Well it's hay, so we can send it out.
Speaker 2: The cereal school started by what does.
Speaker 1: This say, Satan himself?
Speaker 2: Started by two big kids who never grew up. No, they did grow up, because if they didn't grow up, they'd be eating crappy sugar.
Speaker 1: Cereal ready one, two, three, Okay, No, it's good.
Speaker 2: To start, but it has that nasty Oh sorry, jord one bowl. How are you even giving it a bowl?
Speaker 1: Because I like the sentiment yet first, just for the first the first second.
Speaker 2: Once you quench it, holy hell, and a handback.
Speaker 1: There's something on the inside of this one that's not right.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, God terrible. I'm so sorry cereal school.
Speaker 1: I'm not go to hell.
Speaker 2: Gluten and grain free, of course, that's why Garrett brought away zero sugar, gluten and grain free, soy and nut free, non gmo, low glycemic, no artificial and this is totally a diabetic and gluten free person's cereal.
Speaker 1: I feel so bad for people with diabetes that this is their cereal that was so not.
Speaker 2: Good, that was so bad, and the aftertaste is just horrendous.
Speaker 1: I don't even It's like you chew it and you're like, oh, this isn't bad, and then all of a sudden it becomes a dense cereal and then it starts burning. It has this like acidy taste to it.
Speaker 2: Chime in Wilford, beat it. You won't have it.
Speaker 1: If you eat this, that's right, you'll just be dead.
Speaker 2: I need to get rid of it.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I wish that we had like a incinerator, going to the cereal incinerator.
Speaker 2: I want to get a shredder, but something that's big enough to shred cereal. Can we wait, an industrial paper shredder?
Speaker 1: I have something new? What for cereals that are terrible? H Do you have a fire noise?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can you pull up a fire noise and we'll call it the cereal incinerator?
Speaker 2: Sure, let me see if we have one in here.
Speaker 1: I would love that throwing the cereal skull into the cereal incinerator.
Speaker 2: No, these are songs. I don't know how to do all this.
Speaker 1: Just look up fire or burn it.
Speaker 2: I don't know what category it is. I don't sound the boards firefight No, no, no, I need no, no, I did I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, we'll look it up in post production.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, because it won't be right. We'll just look it up for some other time. I typed an SFX because that's a short for sound effects.
Speaker 1: Well, just okay, so we're gonna say Cereal School goes in the Cereal incinerator?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, what about like Satan noise? Is there a satan noise?
Speaker 2: I Don't'm not gonna there's nothing titled satan noise? All right, I'm gonna go down to the cereal sack and get something to take care.
Speaker 1: Of our palace. Is this the last one?
Speaker 2: I guess it has to be. We already did too.
Speaker 1: Ugh. Never in my life will I ever eat Cereal School again? And if I see it on a shelf, I'm gonna actually ask if they take it off because it's a hazard to people's health.
Speaker 2: Let's go for a classic here.
Speaker 1: Okay, why are you out of breath?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It took a lot out of me. You do like frosted mini weats?
Speaker 5: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 2: Love them? Do you like?
Speaker 1: If you're about to tell me blueberry frosted mini weeats, I'm gonna punch you.
Speaker 2: What would you do if I told you strawberry frosted mini weeds? Okay? Yeah, anything's better than that stuff.
Speaker 1: Very true, very true. At least you didn't bring out the peanut butter chocolate cheerios.
Speaker 2: No, well, I'll never bring them out again because we did them already.
Speaker 1: Those were bad. Frosted peanut butter cheerios frosted peanut No peanut butter chocolate cheerios were worse.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that, Bro, I do I don't. I just call you bro. I'm sorry. I don't know about that. I beg to differ.
Speaker 1: Also, I feel like we have in an episode to the two of us in quite some time. This is nice.
Speaker 2: I like it just you and me. Yeah, you know, we haven't had an episode with just two cereals either for quite a while.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: But we have no choice but to have a bonus box here because we just need to get this taste out of our mouth.
Speaker 1: My mouth feels neutralized, like I don't know how to explain it anything other than like any taste buds I had.
Speaker 2: It's such an awful aftertaste. I'm still tasting it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and every once in a while it burns and I'm like, huh.
Speaker 2: By the way, there's a controversy. By the way, there's a controversy.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you need to keep it in because you said controversy.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the cereals store crap is like in my fa I can't, right, is that what it's called.
Speaker 1: You have a little bit of a Jackie Kennedy in there. Yeah, there was a lot of controversy.
Speaker 2: Very many people that listening to this don't know even who she is. Jackie Kennedy on asses.
Speaker 1: Yes, the first lady to our president of the United States who got assassinated.
Speaker 2: There are so many things that I talk about from the nineties that you don't even know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Dude, you think nineties is different when you talk about I don't know what was that tub thumb thing or whatever that song is If you don't even know that sound, I do. But there's a difference between that song and a president who got shot in the head.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, I know, but that's his wife.
Speaker 1: Yes, people know who's way. There was just a movie based off of his wife called Jackie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: I get knocked down? Back it up again.
Speaker 2: I was gonna start jumping around, but I won't do that jump thumping chumble wom I should have asked you who sang it?
Speaker 1: I know who sings it.
Speaker 2: Tumblewomba. Yes, okay, that was right around like nineteen ninety five six in this.
Speaker 1: Yes, and the video taps. The video takes place in like a bathroom or they're.
Speaker 2: Really angry people too. They're very they're very like political and angry. Chumbawamba cool one hit wonders great? All right now, anyway, the controversy what the cereal is? I bought this for my daughter Ashley, and she loved it, loved it, And then I bought her another box that I was going to use for this episode, and she stole it and she ate it, and she left me a note that morning and said, what happened to my cereal? Wow? In between the two box purchases, they changed the formula.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: See here it says colors and flavors from natural sources. The other box I think had artificial crap in it, and that one was so much better. She doesn't like this one. Okay, So let's see how our taste buds react to Kellogg's frosted Miniweaks Strawberry.
Speaker 1: I think my taste buds would just welcome anything right now.
Speaker 2: Now these are strawberry frosted. They're not like touch of fruit like the raspberry ones. I prefer that. I like the fruit in the middle. I don't like the fruit and fausted on top. One te you thing all right, Milk permeates Okay, milk permeate my new band.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 2: Anything compared to that other stuff just is delicious. Yeah, I'm wondering if it's skewing our rating.
Speaker 1: I'm about to forgive it, like four balls.
Speaker 2: I want to give it five. It probably is not that great, no, but anything is awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Like I wasn't gonna finish this either, but I'm like, oh my god, it's food.
Speaker 2: I don't know why what I would have given it if we did this first, but I'm giving it four balls. I'm giving it three bowl boom awesome. Well, thanks for listening. This is episode fifty three of Serial Killers.
Speaker 1: Gary looks like Barney in his jacket.
Speaker 2: He really does Grimace. I was thinking, yeah, who is Grimace? He's a McDonald's character that they really don't have any Oh okay, I'm grimacing at you now, But you know what actually got a couple of pictures tweeted to us and you said there were a few email to people with Cereals that wanted us to review them for T shirts. And there was one or two that we're gonna do. I have them in the Cereal sack and we'll get to it in the next episode. And that's it. Follow us everywhere, serial Killers PC that's Cereal with a C. And some fantastic news that you shared with me. Yeah, we're on Pandora. Now, how cool is that?
Speaker 1: It's so weird. Pandora only accepts a certain number of podcasts because it's in its like testing phase. Right now, we're like on it. They accepted us.
Speaker 2: That's so super cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're literally wherever podcasts can be heard. And Scott, guess what else? What's that I'm posting on Facebook? Oh yeah, I posted twice. I posted two different posts, and every time a new episode is up, I added to our Facebook.
Speaker 2: Well, well that's pretty much all you do is you just post the picture and the link, just like I do on Twitter and Instagram. So you know, now you're trying, buddy.
Speaker 1: I know. Thanks. I really appreciate that. You're really a great support system. Leave us a review, subscribe. Oh sorry, that's my emphysema.
Speaker 2: No, I think that the Ceial School cereal burned your throat. It did.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's acid.
Speaker 2: Well you know what, Jones, give me here a second, I want him to try this shit stuff nothing listen. So Garrett surprised us with a box of cereal from that he bought on Amazon. You've probably seen the ad for this stuff on Facebook, right, Cereal School. It's like some random new no sugar whatever. You'll probably like it because everything that's in here is you're all about it, right? Is it like a test? Like he Mikey likes it?
Speaker 3: He likes it.
Speaker 2: That's old school commercials can tell you something, Mike, you don't like this?
Speaker 3: What is this?
Speaker 2: It's oh, oh my goodness, here try this. We did this. What's it called? The episode's over, but we just want you to try this. It's it's the serial School. It's wonderful at first. Now wait a second chewing. Oh see we didn't even get this far. Oh oh my god, we spit it out. Oh god, that's terrible.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: It starts off promising, but then it ends with the fuck that is just who the hell manufactures this shit? You think that it's gonna be like hot chocolate. Cocoa powder is what it tastes like once once the chocolate wears off.
Speaker 5: Whatever it's whatever, it's coating, the coating the center of the crunch is terrible.
Speaker 2: Beat down. Garrett's trying to kill us. I'd give that a half a spoon. I give it nothing, nothing. What's a half a spoon? That's one of those one of those little spoons that the DEMI what are those things called the little baby spoons?
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, well, okay, baby spoon for the for the chocolate taste. But that's just awful that these.
Speaker 2: Are that cereal? Is that a joke?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: And I guarantee you this box easily cost him like fifty dollars, There's no doubt about it. There was one of these, and there's a honeybun one.
Speaker 5: But but just please, okay, it's colorful, it's fun for the kids. I think it's I think it's meant to trick kids into eating healthy.
Speaker 2: Of course, be happy. Could you imagine me giving this to Cooper? That would not work out? Thank you, Sary, Well, thanks for stopping by, Scary. Appreciate your int And now I'm gonna have to beat all kinds of stuff, but thank you. All right anyway, so until we see you on Monday.
Speaker 1: I didn't read this. I didn't read this. You didn't, Yes, and a spoon you did, actually, okay you did. Sorry, the cereals kind of.
Speaker 2: Delirius, right, delirious. So we'll see you on Monday. Have a great weekend, and uh so good. Then it's really not, but it's so good. I don't thing. We're going to send you to the sanitarium.
Speaker 1: Sanitarium, yes, can we make that a new segment?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's work on it. That's your assignment.
Speaker 1: I already came up with the serial crematorium what you don't even remember what you called it? Yes, the crematorium. No, yes, it wasn't the crematorium, Yes it was, it wasn't, Yes, it was what else do you call something that you burn?
Speaker 2: But it wasn't the crematorium?
Speaker 1: Incinerator?
Speaker 2: That's right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, cool, cuck coo coo cool.
Speaker 2: You know, let's just say, crunch, get out of here, grunch, crunch, m M brush him anywhere? So good.
Speaker 1: He tried to kill us.