Speaker 1: It's the best bit of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Part two, she's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bone Show this week.
Speaker 3: What's up, everybody.
Speaker 4: I'm excited you're here to catch up on the Bobby Bone Show. We got lots of segments for you guys this week. Before we get into that, check out Part one and part three this weekend, Eddie joins me.
Speaker 3: Part one we talk all about life.
Speaker 4: It's always just a natural flow of conversation with Eddie and you never know what we're going to talk about. And then part three we answer listener questions and if you ever want to submit a question, I always post it on my Instagram story at web Girl Morgan and share it on at Bobby Bone Show, both on Instagram, and you can submit a.
Speaker 3: Question on there.
Speaker 4: But if you're just here to catch up and you're like Morgan, stop talking, let's get into this, let's do that. Bobby got absolutely roasted by the show for buying this collectible.
Speaker 3: Because well, it's not exactly.
Speaker 5: Four grown Men number seven.
Speaker 1: I ordered my first let boo for me.
Speaker 3: Oh my, what you're not going to put that on? No?
Speaker 6: No, oh, you tat that on something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, your purse, you hang it on your person. You have a man lately.
Speaker 1: I haven't been, but I'm gonna this is my Arkansas la booboo?
Speaker 6: Was that red?
Speaker 1: It's just red?
Speaker 6: One cute?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: Are you going to take it to games?
Speaker 1: If I go to ole Miss, I'll take it. May take it where it's iHeart, But this is my new La boo boo?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, what are you? I think the teenager? I cannot stand those things?
Speaker 6: What does your wife think about that?
Speaker 1: She doesn't know, she doesn't know.
Speaker 3: Cute, but not for.
Speaker 6: You, No way, she's gonna think that.
Speaker 1: She'd think I was the lamest ever. She doesn't care. She knows that. Just buy stupid stuff sometimes. H I wake up really early in the morning sometimes and I just am like, I wonder what interests me today? And what happened was I came across this article about the most expensive laboo bo's ever sold, and I thought maybe I should get into the la boobo game.
Speaker 3: Well, I am curious how much you latle boobo was?
Speaker 1: It wasn't that much. I was like forty seven dollars?
Speaker 3: Oh okay?
Speaker 6: And how big is it? Like the size of your hand?
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest, I have no idea it is about.
Speaker 3: It's a little bit bigger than the size of your hand. That's a good yeah way to look at it.
Speaker 7: You're gonna carrying that around.
Speaker 1: I'll clip clip clip into my belt buckle. Oh my gosh, this could be my good luck Arkansas La Booboo beat all miss Oh, I'll start winning. That's right. It could be because of the La Boo Boo. So I got a note just now that's being delivered today.
Speaker 3: I got a female and it's exciting.
Speaker 1: The seven most expensive Labo boos in the world. At number seven, the six hundred dollars La Boo Boo Walk my fortune figure at number six to one thousand dollars Monsters La Boo Boo, Best of Luck Vinyl Plush doll one thousand dollars for that one. Then you get into thirty five hundred La Booboo Vans Old School. It's a collaboration and it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: But like fans the shoe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, almost four thousand dollars for that lab booo. Then you at number four, you have the seventy thousand dollars La.
Speaker 6: Boo Boo Home.
Speaker 3: Is that the twenty four year old.
Speaker 1: It's called the three wis La Boo Boo Oh like the Wise Men.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but they're La booboos.
Speaker 1: They're boos.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So they came together and they were like twenty six thousand dollars each. There is one hundred and forty thousand dollars tall brown La Boo Boo. It's a little taller than normal, and an auction went for like one forty one. There is a one hundred and fifty thousand dollars life life size Labooo doll sold in Beijing. Wow, they paid for the Oregon Duck mascot came out as the Laboo Boo last game.
Speaker 6: Ah yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 1: Oh he came out, kept his head on. Two's pretty cool. Number one three hundred and seventy seven thousand dollars for the small collection of La Boo Boos the seventeen Sekai La Boo Boo Triple collab. Three hundred and seventy seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: That's so much.
Speaker 1: I also know I'm a little late to the Labo Boo game. I think it's on brand.
Speaker 3: May it's never too late, man, too, I know now that I think about it.
Speaker 1: Once said it's never too late to get a la booo and I've lived by that. I mean, dony cool, tell me that it's not going to bring on some wins for Arkansoft football.
Speaker 6: Dude, if it does, you have to keep it.
Speaker 1: Like, how do you know?
Speaker 3: What is he gonna Why would he not keep it?
Speaker 7: What is he going to do with it?
Speaker 1: If I know, if I lose, has nothing to do with the game. You got a stupid superstition, doesn't account right, stupid, Hey, stupid idiot, dummy dumpies.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Does your daughter have any la boo boos?
Speaker 3: No, we don't have any.
Speaker 6: Are you not allowing them? Look, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean she has a job. She could buy her own lab boo bo I guess, but she's I think she's more into saving. If she wanted a latle boo boo, she probably put it on her Christmas list or something, or her birthday list earlier this year. You're right, they've been around for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've been around, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've seen like little kids having them on their backpacks online, but like people that I know, and they're buying them like expensive ones, and then their kids are taking them to school and they trade them and then like one mom was mad that her daughter like traded for a little booo that was way less than her la boo boo, So it wasn't a fair trade.
Speaker 6: But that's up to the kids, like you're taking advantage of though. Yeah, man, I mean that's the trades of trade.
Speaker 1: I know you for doing that.
Speaker 6: Your boys have them, No.
Speaker 1: Morgan, you have laboo boos. I do not have any of the boy Well, I gotta be the first one.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: I mean you normally are the first breaking barriers, although they've been out for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I guess you could come in one day and this whole desk is covered in la boobo.
Speaker 6: Oh boy, you lose all the helmets.
Speaker 1: All the football helmets and signed Larry Bird balls are gone. It's just me and a bunch of laboo boos.
Speaker 3: Should you get like a turquoise blue for the Panthers?
Speaker 1: Uh? No, not yet. They haven't won a game yet.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, but I mean you're a lifelong fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah I know. But here's the thing about laboo boos. I don't really know. I don't even know if they make it. I just look for a red one to have it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think they have all kinds of color.
Speaker 1: I'm i bringing it to marthough. Let you guys see it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I do believe they are this generation's version of beanie babies, so I.
Speaker 3: Would hold on to it. It could make you a whole lot of money one day.
Speaker 5: Stop.
Speaker 1: But beanie babies aren't making people a whole lot of money. There's like seven people. The profit it off beanie babies, for the most part, is people going I think my beanie babies are worth something, and they check and they're worth like nineteen dollars, or they go and they measure like, they take it and they look, oh this was where three hundred and they put it online for three hundred. It doesn't sell because just because something says for three hundred, because we had a bunch of those, can sell them for crap. We have thrown them away. What happened?
Speaker 6: All the beanie bae gave them away, and we gave most of them away, and some are still in the closet.
Speaker 1: We still have some.
Speaker 6: We still have some.
Speaker 1: She'd give those out his prizes. Okay, we'll do to you anyway, call me Lea Boo boo Bobby.
Speaker 6: Boo boo, boo boo.
Speaker 5: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 4: Number two Amy went to the drive through at a bank and it turned into absolute chaos because of her. Something happened she needed to leave. Un let's just say it wasn't as easy to get out of a bank line as you would think.
Speaker 1: Number six, Amy, what happened?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 3: I was in line at the bank to deposit a check and I didn't have that long, but I kind of thought I'd be like, we'll pull up to the drive through, in and out. Well I get there in between cars and it's piling up, and I'm sitting there for ten minutes without even moving an inch. And I got a little bit closer to the car in front of me, and the car behind me came right up to my you know, the back of my car, and I'm like, I have a meeting. I have to go, Like I need to get out of this line. I have to jump ship. I can't deposit my check, and so I have to ask the car behind me to back up.
Speaker 1: What do you mean to ask? You got out of the car.
Speaker 3: Well, I rolled down the window and I'm like hey, and I lean over and I'm like, can you back up? And they're like, oh, okay, yeah, but then they had asked the car behind them, and then they had to ask the car behind them. It's like we were all I don't know, because I guess the way the bank drive through is designed like you kind of don't have a lot of space to just like you all have to pull in so you can fit and sit in line and sit in line. Yeah, and I guess this is a popular deposit time and it's just awkward. And I caused all this chaos and it was my fault, and so I learned a lesson. I have a new rule, like if I'm at the pharmacy or the bank, I'm now going to leave enough space between me and the car in front of me to where if I need to pull forward, angle back out, I can escape if I need to, because.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good. So there's a lesson from this.
Speaker 3: There's a lesson from this, And I am sorry to everybody that had to take action to back up.
Speaker 1: It's like the person if you're ever in a parking garage and they're the little thing and they're like, ah, the same work, and so they hit reverse. The ticket and the lights come on, and then you're like, well, I'm okay, I can back up. But I got somebody behind me saying you hit lights And they're like, well what I got somebody buy? And so now everybody's back and everybody's yelling at everybody. Yeah you did that.
Speaker 3: I mean there was like some honks people. They were honking, not honking bad, just honking to try to getting good. They weren't honking bad like Hong Kong, You're annoying. It was more like hey, to get their attention so that they could back up.
Speaker 1: Is there a celebratory honk?
Speaker 3: I think there's a gentle nudge.
Speaker 1: There's like that's celebratory. I think that's hey, the light has turned green, get off your phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's a nudge or.
Speaker 6: Like when your team wins.
Speaker 1: Sometimes cars go downtown parade, though that's full parade. That's not the same as I'm at the bank and I made a mistake and I need to back up the entire life.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm clarifying because I would be mortified if I heard aggressive honking. I felt like I was hearing like notify honk.
Speaker 1: Okay. So what you learned from this, I.
Speaker 3: Am now going to leave enough space between me in the car. I mean, I can only control me in the car in front of me, but there's going to be a big gap where probably a car is going to be like, oh is she even in line? Cut in front of me? But I just don't want to be in that situation ever again. It was uncomfortable and awkward.
Speaker 1: I've been the person stuck under the light at times, when you pull up too far and then the light's red and then the person wants to go left and you're just sitting there. I've been that person before. They're like, dude, you're blocking it. Someone was that person to me the other day, and I knew what they were going through.
Speaker 6: You didn't get frustrated.
Speaker 1: I didn't. They knew and I knew, and they looked at me like I'm sorry, and I said I've been there, or you mouthed it. Yeah, But I don't think they knew what I said. I think they thought I was yelling. Yelling a bad word.
Speaker 3: I think that's the best thing. We don't say the words, just smooth mouth, don't say it. You're a bit I'm hungry, I a bad boy.
Speaker 1: I saw a move your car be Oh yeah, because I just wanted to get them to know I was not mad. I've been there, And I said I've been there, and they looked at me like, screw you, buddy.
Speaker 3: Well said that. I think that's the best thing we could do for ourselves to happen.
Speaker 1: Thumbs up. Ye, Or does that even look like I'm like, you're an idiot? Two thumbs up.
Speaker 7: It's a sarcastic Yeah, you're okay with it, like you're okay.
Speaker 1: We're doing about you're okay.
Speaker 3: Saying you're gay.
Speaker 5: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 4: Number two, Eddie is trading the timeouts in his household for something else. And this something else is going to make them stronger, better athletes, more efficient, hopefully more respectable. And that's his plan because the timeouts have been ineffective in his house and maybe fellow parents can be like, yeah, I can totally get on board with this.
Speaker 1: Number five, I'm anxious to hear about this. Eddie has come up with a new way of disciplining his kids.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you got to get creative, because what we've been doing for years is like, oh you're in trouble, go to timeout. And then they come out fifteen minutes later, ten minutes later, and they're just like cool, they're back at it. It's almost like nothing ever happened.
Speaker 1: Can I ask a question about time out in general?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 1: Because as a kid, I got whooped with everything, switches, flashwaters, belts, all if you could hold it in your hand and swing it, and I got in trouble, I got hit with it. That's just a call.
Speaker 4: Yay.
Speaker 1: Yeah with timeout, that was never for me. I did get my mouth washed out with soap a couple times. Yeah, we do that sometimes, so terrible that one's terrible. That kept me from doing other things. Time out feels pretty weak.
Speaker 6: It's pretty it's weak sauce.
Speaker 1: I feel like you have to match that with a longer time, meaning fifteen minutes in time out, as someone with a short prison sentence would say, I could do that standing on my head. I feel like, if you don't lock him up for like five hours, time out doesn't even count five hours.
Speaker 3: But well, Eddie's got too biological and to adopt it. With our adopted kids, we were advised not to do timeout, sending them somewhere to be alone.
Speaker 6: But it's not like I send it to their room because if I go, they go to the room, they just play with their toys. Like they go right to the stairs where what we can all see, you.
Speaker 3: Can all see. Okay, so we call that time in. Oh you're still.
Speaker 1: In, but you're God. I feel like you don't do it for long enough.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well I've done a thirty of it.
Speaker 1: Who's not a parent, have some parenting advice free? Yeah, okay, so what are you gonna do.
Speaker 6: Forget the timeouts? I've started to do push ups and it's awesome because, like they're boys, they all play sports, and so when they get in trouble, fifty push ups and they have to do fifty push ups in front of everyone and they hate it. But when they're done, they're like, ah, I feel kind of strong. And I think long term they're gonna be better athletes because I've been they get in trouble so much that they're gonna be doing thousands of push.
Speaker 3: Ups a week or they're gonna be bad.
Speaker 1: It's good to it. You're building AI to defeat you. You're building your kids stronger to physically.
Speaker 6: Take to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah a little bit though, could they be associating now getting in trouble with working out, getting stronger and working out like as a positive, Like, I don't care if I get in trouble because what I'm gonna get. Yeah, it's gonna suck for a second, but I'll be bigger and stronger because I'm doing something bad.
Speaker 6: I thought about that for just a second, but I mean, I don't know. I feel like the positive is whatever they're doing is good for them. The timeout is just a time waster does nothing. This is doing something for their body. Dude, I'll throw pull ups. I'll throw in pull ups, throw in sit ups, squats, hundred squats, and they gotta be like.
Speaker 1: That's old school prison. You know. The treadmill wasn't invented as a machine to get us in better shape. A treadmill was a torture device. Oh really, Oh no, you'd handcuff people on it and they just have to walk on it.
Speaker 6: Oh, I guess it's still kind of fair.
Speaker 1: It still is a torture device. You could make them go run a mile. I don't know, you could build them run away. The treadmill torture device was invented by British engineer Sir William Kubit in eighteen eighteen as a form of penal labor for prisoners. Named the tread wheel. It was designed to reform idle convicts by forcing them to perform arduous and monotonous work. You're doing this, you are Eddie the New Sir William Kubert.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you are.
Speaker 1: Forcing your kids to do arduous and monotonous work for a punishment.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about that?
Speaker 6: I mean, I feel good, man, I feel like you got to be creative as a parent.
Speaker 1: It seems torture though, by the way, well, just just a word, you know, it's like maybe time in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's okay. Uh, I think we've discovered something really cool here.
Speaker 1: What if on this show, whenever one of us messed up we had to be punished by doing push ups and sit ups, we'd all be jacket squats.
Speaker 3: We don't get in trouble that often.
Speaker 1: What about eating broccoli? What about just doing the whole thing?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, healthy, eating all health.
Speaker 1: Could you do that if they got in trouble they have to eat a completely healthy dinner.
Speaker 6: I don't want to do that with food because food like really could be a mental thing where they're exorcizes though. Yeah, but maybe just push ups, right, Maybe they'll just be like, I don't do pushes anymore because my dad made us two thousands. I can do squats, I can do all this other stuff bench press, but not push ups with broccoli. They'll never eat brocoli again. That'd be bad for him.
Speaker 1: I'm here for it. I'm here to actually hear how this turns out more than I am here for it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Oh, don't worry all. Go to the NFL.
Speaker 1: You're the new Sir William coobit and I can't wait to see how this shakes out. Amy. Any advice for Eddie and that.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, every child is different, every parenting situation is different. So if this is working for Eddie right now.
Speaker 6: Go for it.
Speaker 3: Go for it.
Speaker 1: I think there's something to Amy's theory, though. You're building them to beat you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so watch out. You need to be doing push ups too.
Speaker 6: I come in in a couple of weeks they beat me up.
Speaker 8: Guys, you're covered advantages. It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 1: Number two.
Speaker 4: So Amy was supposed to buy the Powerball lottery tickets for her and Bobby so they could go in on one together, and she forgot so it turned into a whole thing, and now she feels like she owes a debt.
Speaker 1: Number four ball got to one point seven nine billion dollars.
Speaker 9: Here you go, two winners overnight in that massive powerball jackpot, the second largest in American history. The winning tickets sold in Texas and Missouri will share a jaw dropping total of nearly one point eight billion dollars.
Speaker 1: So they each get about half a million, no, no, five hundred million. Yeah, after it was split. Yea four hundred and ten million before taxes. Not for me. That's not that much, not for me. So obviously we all played. It got to be pretty fun, and I gave Amy fifty bucks, and I was like, go get some tickets, and we had our numbers, and I looked up our numbers to see if they had matched. But then I thought all the other numbers that we bought, I didn't know if we want or not. And I saw there were some winners here locally, Yes, really hi, yep, Well there was a lot of numbers. We just say stuff around here, and so I thought, well, maybe we hit something. Yeah, And so I got a text from Amy saying we didn't win.
Speaker 3: Well, you won fifty dollars.
Speaker 6: Okay, how did you win fifty?
Speaker 1: How did I win fifty?
Speaker 3: Well, funny story. So I'm not used to playing the lottery, right, and yeah, you've p had me that on Friday, And then you'd think one day later, I'd remember, well, I went to bed on Saturday night at around nine thirty, nine forty five and at ten twenty woke up. Guests, Oh my gosh, the lottery was today. I forgot to play. So I started to like, put on my shoes so I can go to a gas station. What time again, ten twenty pm? So I try to get dressed to go buy it. Well, then I'm like, wait a second, I think the drawing, Like, it's not just the deadlines tonight, like the drawing is tonight. So then I'm like, what time is it? Midnight? Is it? You know, eleven? What is it? So I google and I learned the drawing has already happened. So then I'm like, oh, well, I'll look at our our mom's death dates because that's what we're really banking on winning on.
Speaker 1: Well, that was just one, just one.
Speaker 3: Of many, because we're going to do quick pick fifty, I know. So luckily our moms didn't come through for us, we did a win because I would have felt I mean I would have I don't know what I would have done if we maxed.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if we max the numbers and he didn't buy the tickets, Carol, I don't know what I would do, Lunchbox office, as he'd kill himself. Yeah, that's what lunch Box said.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that made me feel instantly better. I was like, Okay, I'm gonna be able to sleep tonight because otherwise sleep would have been ruined. I just had to assume that our quick picks would have been losers and we would have been out.
Speaker 6: Probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you said the odds are we could become president before we'd win this, that seems unlikely. You may be more so than me, or you more likely to win. Uh So then I thought, well, I owe Bobby his money back because that'd be unfair to keep it. And then also I should give him the money I was going to put in towards tickets. So that's how you won fifty dollars. So I already venmoed you one hundred dollars if you got your money back, and I paid you my money, and guess what I'm gonna let you win on the next time it gets really big and we decided to play, it's on me. I'll go get the tickets. You don't even have to put in, and whatever I win will split it fifty to fifty.
Speaker 7: You'll forget I'm trying to tell you, Bobby, I've tried to warn you.
Speaker 1: I made more money than any of these guys on the show.
Speaker 3: That's right. Wow. Who else won fifty bucks? Anybody?
Speaker 1: Just me?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But you could have won, no idea what you would have want better? Odds one in the fifty bucks.
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: I did win fifty bucks.
Speaker 3: What did you a favor?
Speaker 1: So I forget it. I feel about it. I got the entertainment of thinking I was playing. We got the bit on the show, and I made fifty bucks. It's way more than anybody else got here in this room.
Speaker 3: And I was way too into college football on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Another perfect reason I forget.
Speaker 3: So distracted. I felt like it was my job, like watching college football and doing other kid things and whatnot.
Speaker 1: So live and learn.
Speaker 3: I live in art.
Speaker 6: It was your job to get the ticket, your job.
Speaker 7: He assigned you to get the tickets.
Speaker 1: He said, I want you to go terrible. No, I felt I need to do a comparison. Who made the most money out the lottery this past weekend?
Speaker 3: Okay, already go around and say the amount of moneymy?
Speaker 1: How much you make?
Speaker 3: Oh? I lost fifty bucks?
Speaker 1: Scuba Steve. Did you play? I did?
Speaker 6: Yes? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What'd you win?
Speaker 6: I won nothing? Okay?
Speaker 1: Anybody and glassroom and play Ray did not play with celebrating the birthday, did not make the deadline at ten pm? Abby, did you play or no?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: I bought two, but.
Speaker 3: I didn't win.
Speaker 6: I lost ten didn't wink Morgan? You play lottery?
Speaker 3: No? I didn't watchworks.
Speaker 7: Oh it was one hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, it looks like I'm the only one here and they call you Black Friday. But from the lottery, and it's not from the lottery. It is kind from I think I think I had better Amy forgetting. I can't believe I should just play that lottery every time?
Speaker 6: Lottery?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can just give Amy money and she forgets. I bet that every time.
Speaker 3: Play the Amy lottery. Welcome, Yes, so Amy.
Speaker 1: I think I want more money than anybody, and hey, I want more money. All you guys can bind what a day.
Speaker 7: I can't believe you're saying this with a smiling.
Speaker 3: Is going better than I thought me And was like.
Speaker 7: Is it too late to buy lottery tickets? Because I was asleep and I just gasped.
Speaker 1: I forgot to buy When he barks, Amy forgot? He does well.
Speaker 3: But I also remember a lot of things, and you this I should have remembered. And I am mad at myself. And I do have systems in play, like I write things down, I put things on the calendar. It just that one slipped through the cracks. But I do think it's.
Speaker 1: A big crack.
Speaker 7: Is a big crack?
Speaker 1: There we go now?
Speaker 3: But might I remind you? Are you the only one that won money this weekend?
Speaker 6: Not with a lottery?
Speaker 1: Yeah? With Amy lottery, I play a.
Speaker 3: Lot Yes, welcome, step right up? Who else?
Speaker 6: Sense of like?
Speaker 3: Yes, I did try to text Lunchbox and he never replied because I thought, well, who would know right away if I can still make it to the gas station and purchase some tickets.
Speaker 7: I wanted you to sit there in your misery and just swallow the thing that I tried to tell you was gonna happen. Amy's not going to buy the tickets. She's going to do it wrong, and she she I'm so annoyed with myself.
Speaker 1: H fudge, I haven't played the lottery. Was for fun, for the bid on the show. We got to have fun. We got to have a bit and I made money.
Speaker 6: Wait, you didn't play for the billion dollars because you're not gonna win that. That's correct.
Speaker 1: Not nobody even in our state one no where we live. So a big shout out to everybody out there who's like mess was just happy that they made little money. Amy Lottery now played the Amy Lottery. Uh. There's a story here about a group of ten staff members at an Ohio school who won a million bucks in the power ball and they have done this pool for a long time, and so each of each teacher in this gets seventy two thousand bucks because it's about one hundred thousand and they won a million. There's ten of them after taxes, and so one of their co workers who was in it, one of the ten, they're going to give her money to her kid. She didn't get to play. She di she did, oh she got Okay, it's gone to their late co worker and yeah.
Speaker 6: That's sweet. Okay, I thought, was like a sympathy, like you didn't get in this time, won't give you the money?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's harder.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know which harder to cut somebody in that wasn't in because they're dead, or to cut someone in who forgot to play.
Speaker 6: I mean the death like you know they're they're dead, so you feel bad, so you give it to their kid and everything. Someone that forgot to play, that's on you, man.
Speaker 1: See. I think it's the other way, really. I think if somebody died and they had played a long time, no one's gonna know there's nine people in it. There's just nine people in it. The tenth didn't even show to give their money. Where the other person has been in, if they've been in all the time and something happened where they forgot, I would want to be given that grace that, oh I forgot this week and you won, you'll still think about me because I was there every week.
Speaker 6: You're right, and they're still alive.
Speaker 1: Where if I'm dead, I don't know the difference. My kid doesn't know the difference. I don't even know you won, correct, So I think I would be different there. I think I well, first of all, i'd really be alive than dead. I'd like to say that for the Yes, yeah, I think i'd be different. But good for them, for you know, there had to be a couple, a couple had to be like no, no, no, no, no, I don't want to give them the money. Well then we'll just give it without you and you'll be known as that.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, well that.
Speaker 3: Has to be a little pack they decided on before they won. Like, as they've been playing since that person passed, they're probably like, hey, let's go ahead and agree that if we win, this is going to be our plan. Great, so they've just known.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but even when it happens, are you change your mind?
Speaker 5: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 4: Number two, speaking of Eddie's household, the tooth Fairy was supposed to come for one of his sons, and the tooth Fairy sent an assistant, and while that assistant messed up royally, and now the assistant is trying to figure out how in the world he's supposed to make up for this.
Speaker 1: Number three, let's talk about the tooth Fairy sensitively.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just hear me out sensitively. Try to follow my story here.
Speaker 1: Sensitively, there are kids that are listening.
Speaker 6: Correct, Go ahead. So my son, six years old lost a tooth. He's all excited, he puts it under his pillow, goes to bed. Well, the tooth fairy appointed an assistant and said, will you take care of this? So the tooth fairy sent the assistant to go, you know, give the money under the pillow. But the assistant didn't take the tooth, left the money, but didn't take the tooth because the assistants used to I guess it doesn't really normally do that. The tooth fairy does it? Yeah, do you know the assistant very familiar with the assistant look.
Speaker 1: Hispanic, yep, got it, yeah, got it. Loves the cowboys, Yeah yeah mcdowas cowboy. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. So the assistant didn't take the tooth and then left the money. So now what's the question.
Speaker 6: So the kid wakes up and says, I got money. Wait, wait a second, the tooth fairy forgot my tooth. Now I'm like, let's just kind of help the tooth fairy out here. Maybe the tooth fairy's listening. What do they do here? Like, do they somehow just go back and get the tooth or what's the situation.
Speaker 1: What do you think should be done? Should the kid get double the money if he puts the tooth under it?
Speaker 6: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa? What about that?
Speaker 1: That's what I think. I think is a learning lesson for the assistant.
Speaker 6: Yeah, normally doesn't do this, guys, right, but.
Speaker 1: The assistants new, so you have to learn the hard way. I would say, let the kid put the tooth back under the pillow again. Tooth fairy or its asistant comes again and leaves another couple of blocks.
Speaker 3: It could work. I mean, there's either that, or you could make it this whole magical thing where oh when this happens, you flush the tooth down the toilet, talking it makes its way to the tooth fairy.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 1: What do you feel?
Speaker 6: I mean definitely not the system. Well, there's no normal no more money. First assistant already put more money than they normally do.
Speaker 1: Okay, why did the assistants do that?
Speaker 6: Because the system didn't have changed.
Speaker 1: Been there?
Speaker 6: There was no change in the assistant's wallet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, and you don't think the assistant should have to.
Speaker 6: Dude, the assistant's not used to doing that stuff, so the assistant don't even think about taking the tooth.
Speaker 1: Did the assistant see the tooth?
Speaker 6: No, completely forgot about the tooth, just thought I'm gonna go put some money out of a pillow. It was like the tooth fairy said, hey, assistant, go leave the money and I the to The assistant didn't think about the tooth, so left it there. But now, like the kid's wondering, like, well, what's going to happen to the tooth now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what do you think? What do you think is gonna happen? If you're making your best guess.
Speaker 6: I love Amy's idea. I think the assistant or the tooth fairy, the tooth fairy comes back and just uh just takes it.
Speaker 3: No, you involve your kid in the process, Like, let's go to take it down the magical pipes.
Speaker 6: The tooth called the toilet.
Speaker 1: The toothborry forgot it, so you have to ship it to them through the pipes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the assistant forgot it.
Speaker 6: What about making a lesson of like, you know, nobody's perfect, even the tooth Fairy's not.
Speaker 3: Perfect, right, But then you come up with the plan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what if you mail it out in the midst of the address.
Speaker 3: This could be great. The kid grows up like flushing his teeth down the toilet. Let's go with that.
Speaker 6: Then the tooth fairy store the teeth somewhere.
Speaker 1: I make the necklace out of it. Whereas they're out every Friday night to the club of all the teeth they got for that week.
Speaker 6: Man, I wish we knew.
Speaker 1: That's not true. What do you what's what do you think what's gonna happen?
Speaker 6: I mean I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't double the money.
Speaker 6: Of course you would.
Speaker 1: I'm reading some of the things Toothpiry does. Builds her castle out of the teeth, out of the teeth. Well, that's a creepy house.
Speaker 6: So then the tooth fairy right now it's probably like, oh my gosh, I'm missing a tooth.
Speaker 1: You should mail it, okay, and then have them walk out and put it in the box and then.
Speaker 6: And then it gets taken.
Speaker 1: But you just go pull it out of there. I would think you got to creatively do it. Let us know what you end up on, all right, it's assistant's fault though.
Speaker 3: But the address, oh.
Speaker 1: You can actually send it to one, two, three, four, five, tooth fairy lane Moutharctica Earth.
Speaker 6: No way mouth Arctica, that's Earth.
Speaker 1: Send it to Mountarctica Earth and have its tooth to build his castle.
Speaker 3: Do you address it to the tooth fairy or el you nipher?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 7: What it has to be the tooth fairys make up.
Speaker 1: Somebody like l U nepher to you that was a fairy's name?
Speaker 3: You think No, I would write letters to el npher or l l Niffer me. What do you wa?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Is that a thing? How do you spell it?
Speaker 3: Well, that's I'm going back to my childhood. I don't even know if I'm pronouncing it correctly. But e l you n e p h or l u neffer am I?
Speaker 1: The only nfer is not a recognized word.
Speaker 3: And yeah, did you do l you knipfer tooth fairy?
Speaker 6: Amy, I don't think there's a thing.
Speaker 1: And you laugh at me about my dog going to the farm.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't after you because I was, I know, I thought my grandma stuff the feet.
Speaker 1: There's nothing about el you Niffer.
Speaker 4: There's Toothyana or Fatina or Saint Apollinia, but there is no.
Speaker 3: I'm going to bring you on one of my letters. I have a letter that I wrote to Ellien Niphfer that I guess never made it to Ellen Kniffer, like Patrick says, I got it after my mom died.
Speaker 6: They never made it to one tooth, three four tooth Lane Mouth, Antarctica.
Speaker 3: The tooth is still taped to the paper.
Speaker 1: I'ms I shall have my tooth.
Speaker 6: Did you with your tooth? Did you put it under your pills?
Speaker 1: Still have it?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: I haven't, but I should mail it off. Can you get it? Do they base what they give you on the money that you have? Is it all relative? That's a good question, Like they give you an amount based on what you have saved up, so a kid would get like a couple of bucks. If I put mine under mine, I'm gonna I'm gonna wake up a gold bar under there.
Speaker 6: Give it a show.
Speaker 1: L U Knepher is gonna come through for me. This is awesome. I'd never heard of el Npfer And good luck and let us know what you did right.
Speaker 8: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 4: Never have I ever thought I would be saying these words. Bobby nearly fell for a scam. There was a whole situation with his debit card, and then his bank call. Then his bank wanted to FaceTime, and he was like whoa, whoa, whoa, what's happening.
Speaker 3: He also gave some information that he.
Speaker 4: Probably shouldn't have, and I'm just sitting here being like, wait, Bobby almost fell for his scam. I thought he was the one person who might be immune to it.
Speaker 1: Number two wasn't feeling great yesterday. I had these crazy allergies so way late in the afternoon I fell asleep on the couch. Afternoon nap screws me out because then I messed up for going to bedtime, I messed up for dinner time. I messed up for all my times. And also I'm groggy as crap. And so the night before I had to cancel my debit card because somebody had run up one hundred bucks on it from somewhere I didn't know. I got an email, I going, did you make this transaction in San Antonio? I'm not in San Antonio, haven't been there in a while, so I said no. They said, we canceled your card. Boom. So that was fresh on my mind because I can't go to the ATM again any cash, and I keep cash because a tip of cash. And so I get a call yesterday from a number in San Diego. It wasn't blocked. I don't know anybody in San Diego, but I answered hello and they said, hey, this is They said my bank name. We're calling because you have four purchases at a home depot in Georgia, trying to go through each of the purchase over five thousand dollars and we just want to make sure that you're not spending this money. And this card was just canceled the night before. And they did say my bank name when they called me, and I'm like, no, that's not me. I just woke up from a nap and I'm like, no, no, no, that's not me. And they said, would you verify how much you have in your account? And this this check account. So I just told them, oh my goodness, well I just set a number amounts. It's not that that doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: They would never ask that.
Speaker 1: Right then they said, we're checking checking in savings. We say and I and I'm like like, they said, what's in this safe? I tell them that I'm out.
Speaker 3: Oh my now They're like, guys, we got them.
Speaker 1: Well, so they're like, hey, we need to verify this isn't and it still hasn't hit me yet because I'm half asleep and my card was just canceled the night before. So they got me fresh and groggy. Great song, too fresh and groggy. Uh So I go okay, and they go, hey, we're gonna FaceTime you. Are you do you have access to your your bank app and so we can check it. We're gonna share screens and check this. And so they FaceTime me and I'm starting to go something right, but they did save the name of my bank. Everything they've said was knowledgeable because they've know they knew where I lived, they knew the address that my card is attached to, they knew all. And I'm like, this doesn't seem right. And they're like, well, you can call us back if you want, in the back of the number in the back of the card. And I'm like, who would.
Speaker 6: Say that, right?
Speaker 1: I'm still groggy, and so I accept the FaceTime and I'm like, I don't believe you. And it starts to click. I don't believe you. Are they showing their no but it's empty. They're like, well, we're going to connect screens, get on your app, and we want to make sure that the number on your account is exactly what we think it is. And I'm like, I don't think you're real, so I'm gonna hang up. And he's like, have you never talked to fraud before? And he starts to get a little testy with me, and that's when I realized English accent. Yeah, okay, yeah, kind of effeminate mail.
Speaker 6: What do you mean an English accent?
Speaker 1: Like a like a sassy effeminate mail too. They got sassy with me, and so I almost got got because here's what I think happened. I think however they got my number must have been some sort of data breach because they had my card number which they used to take something. They had the number that the address, they had the bank, they had my cell phone number, so all that was together because I'm not gonna get got with somebody just going hey, somebody's trying to buy something. That happens all the time. But because they had my bank, my cell phone number, the home address that the card is attached to, and my bank all of that, I was like, oh, this is probably real. But I think what happened is there was a data leak somewhere where all that was together. I almost got got.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm I feel like my daughter just had some weird thing with her card, and now the story is sounding similar and I need to do more research because her dad was handling it. But I'm like, whoa, whoa, whoa would you do? Yep, because you just sent a note, but it was it's sounding very very similar.
Speaker 1: That. Yeah, yeah, I almost got got because they knew everything.
Speaker 3: Well, they didn't know the balance till you told them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I told them. I told my extra account too. That's what were they doing? Are they account number to compare? Yeah, well, what they wanted to do was to get in and see my accounts. They can see the account number in the app because I'll show you that if you log into the app your ash. So what they wanted to see was my account number, not really the balance.
Speaker 3: But they needed to see if you were worth their while.
Speaker 1: No, anything's worth their while. Five hundred bucks is worth the wow. Oh they had me because they had so much information.
Speaker 6: And they caught you fresh and groggy.
Speaker 1: Fresh and nobody don't ass me. I'm just so fresh and groggy.
Speaker 3: So fresh and so kroaky.
Speaker 1: Thank you. So that is that's how I almost got scammed yesterday, so everybody be aware they're not going to ask you to FaceTime. And they did, and I was groggy enough to accept it, but then I was like, I don't. Once I accepted it, it was kind of like snap me out of it. I was like, I don't believe this is real.
Speaker 5: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 4: Lunchbox a seven year old is living in a different time. He went on a two point two mile adventure and it all was around a sleepover. And if you haven't heard the story yet, just prepare yourself because your jaw is going to be on the floor.
Speaker 1: Number one Lunchbox says, this is the craziest story of his parent life.
Speaker 7: All right, go ahead, Okay, So Friday night, my seven year old went and slept over at someone's house for the first time ever, and he was so excited, and I mean, it was great. Didn't hear anything from the other family, So it was going great until six am on Saturday morning. My wife wakes me up and goes, hey, do you hear that? It was ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 1: Ding ding ding.
Speaker 7: It's like that's the doorbell and we go downstairs and our seven year old is standing at the front door dripping sweat. And I opened the door and I said, what's up, buddy, goes, well, I woke up. It was light outside, so I thought it was time to come home. So he literally got his backpack without telling anybody at that house, walked out the door and walked two point two miles to my house.
Speaker 6: Oh my good, miles two point two miles.
Speaker 1: I thought it was like a neighbor like, how did he know how to get home? Is that straight line?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: So he went from their house back to school school to our house.
Speaker 1: Does he know school at the house?
Speaker 6: Rat? Yehs smart and.
Speaker 7: He knows to get to their house from the school at six a m.
Speaker 1: How are you confused?
Speaker 7: For a minute, I was like when I saw him and I saw no vehicle, I was like, man, So they just dropped him off and drove away, like that's messed up. And then he was like, yeah, I knew that it was light out and that I had a soccer game today, so I thought it was time to come home. And I was just like, Bud, did you not see anybody when you were walking? And he goes, oh, I did, And they said good morning, and I said good morning. Back what so people saw this seven year old with a backpack at six am wandering the streets and they just say good morning.
Speaker 1: I was blown all way.
Speaker 6: That's a good point. Like no one called the cops. Said there's a kid like walking with a backpack.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you know what makes me nervous. It's like, yes, we should call the police. But also sometimes when people call the police, the parents get arrested.
Speaker 6: Well you know what lunchbox good at.
Speaker 7: But here's the.
Speaker 3: Thing, and let's look, did nothing wrong in neither did the parents where the kid was spending the night.
Speaker 7: Right, they didn't do anything wrong. They were all asleep and he just woke up. It was light outside, and he just grabbed his bag and left and it was just like and then he said, I saw lightning, so I ran part of the way. That's why he was dripping sweat.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, who are you upset at?
Speaker 7: I think I'm more upset the people that were just out walking or running or whatever they were doing, and they saw the kid and they didn't even check on them. They didn't say hey, man, like it looks a little weird. On a Saturday morning at six am, a kid with his backpack?
Speaker 6: Hold on, but what about your son leaving to walk?
Speaker 1: But also, is it a neighbor neighbor neighborhood? If it's a super neighborhood where the streets aren't super crowded. I see a kid walking, I'm thinking he's just going from house to house, that's probably what I'm If it's a highway, I'm like, that does not make sense, right, true?
Speaker 7: And then I don't know where on the two point two miles he saw these people? Did he see him the neighborhood? Did he see him when he was on just a street? Did you call the parents? We texted them immediately and they were like, we woke up five minutes ago because the young I guess they're young. His son woke up and it was like, I don't see him anywhere, and she's like, that's not funny. And then she turned on the lights.
Speaker 1: And he was imagine they went through his own yard attack when you found out you knew he wasn't bad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And she said they were looking in the out in the yard, in the alley, they were looking everywhere.
Speaker 1: Alone boy Part two.
Speaker 7: Yes, they thought maybe he sleepwalks, so they were about to call us and say, hey, does your son sleepwalk? And she was like, I just got our alarm disarmed two months ago. Oh my gosh. Like he just walked out the front door. Walked out the front door two point two miles.
Speaker 1: Is it a neighbor neighbor and neighborhood.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But then he had to go on some greenway.
Speaker 6: Like like trails.
Speaker 1: Yeah, smart kid.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he found his way home.
Speaker 1: He bary girls did all the way home.
Speaker 6: So does he get in trouble at all?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 7: Like, no, I haven't had the talk with him, like, hey, man, like, great job, Like I'm super proud of you because you knew your way home, Like that was so impressive. But Bud, next time tell an adult where you're going. I haven't had that talk because it was just like I'm still like in shock when I opened that door and he's standing there dripping sweat.
Speaker 1: Like his dad even then, Yeah, you sweat all the time, even when you're right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And it was just like man, and he was like, my legs are a little tired because I ran most of the way.
Speaker 1: It was lightning. I also run with the lightnings.
Speaker 6: Because that is a crazy stack.
Speaker 3: That is crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I think if it's the neighborhood, you can't be mad at anybody. If anything, be happy that your kid was smart enough to get home.
Speaker 7: No, I am happy about that.
Speaker 1: That is cool.
Speaker 7: But I just I can't imagine if you see a kid with a backpack at that early in the morning on a Saturday, you don't stop him and say, hey, man, is everything okay?
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't wan to be the creepy person and stops a kid.
Speaker 3: I know, well I know, but I'm thinking back to when I first got Stevenson, when my kids first came to America, Stevenson was seven years old and he would learn how he learned how to ride a little bike, and we would go on little walks and he would be riding the bike. And he's Haitian, so he's black and I'm white. And I can't tell you how many times he got stopped, Like I would be walking near him with the dog, but people would think I'm not the mom, so they would stop him straight up. And he was that age and they'd be like, where's your mom or you by yourself, like this doesn't seem right. And we were in a neighborhood neighborhood like.
Speaker 1: And Nate like a creepy white lady following him.
Speaker 3: They thought, No, I don't think. I think they just thought I was walking my dog and he'd be like, oh, that's my mom right there, and they'd be like, oh, okay, I guess this is one of those adoption situations. But like they would always ask, like I was shocked how many people were very concerned. And he was seven eight, So I guess in my mind on picturing, I'm trying to picture what a seven or eight year old looks like. And it is weird when they're out by.
Speaker 1: Themselves doing a kid unless there are a cars driving by. If it's like a kid in a small neighborhood, I just think he's going five houses down here. Yeah, because I'm not getting the one that's like white van. I don't want that pointed in me, right because I love my white Van. I'll never change. I'll have my white Van for everything.
Speaker 8: It's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 4: That wraps it up for us this weekend. Thanks for hanging out with me and catching up on the show. If you've never ever listened before, go check out part one This Weekend with Eddie.
Speaker 3: It's so much fun.
Speaker 4: We have full blown conversations and him and I really never have a plan. I never have topics to discuss. We just kind of go down.
Speaker 3: Different rabbit holes together. And Part three is always listener Q.
Speaker 4: And A and I really try not to hold punches and get all the answers that you guys want. But if this is where I leave you, then I hope you have a fun and happy weekend. And I am so excited because I'm going home to meet the new baby in the family, So wish me luck. Auntie Morgan is in full effect.
Speaker 2: That's the best bits of the Week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 3: Show and follow ed web Girl Morgan
Speaker 5: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.