Speaker 1: Good morning, peeps, and welcome to WOKF Daily with Meet your Girl Danielle Moody recording from the Home Bunker, Folks, What can be said? I'm recording this knowing that the timeline for the final day to vote is twenty days away. By the time that you listen to this, we will have hit the teens and it will be nineteen days away. And I want to reflect on the fact that since Vice President Kamala Harris took the reins of this election, she has run one of the most stellar campaigns I have ever seen. And the fact is that I've said this before, if we were living in normal political times, if Donald Trump had never become President of the United States, or say this was his first you know, I don't know, but I think that it would be a hands down, without a doubt, given that she would win. She has the plans, the smarts, the charisma, all of the things that are necessary in order to become president of the United States. She differs greatly from Hillary Clinton in the fact that she hasn't been a part of the American psyche for three decades. While she has built an incredibly stellar career as a prosecutor, as a senator, she wasn't a fit sure, And I think to that point, particularly at a time when Americans are exhausted, I think in a lot of ways, by legacy, Kamala Harris brings common sense and care and empathy and joy back center stage in America when for nearly a decade we've been trapped in the funhouse of horrors of Donald Trump and Maga, we cannot really begin to understand, truly, I think, without like great distance from this time, how much Donald Trump and Maga destroyed our country, destroyed our faith and institutions, destroyed our faith in each other a decade near a decade of division. For the first time in our lives, in our modern lives, we at a president that did not even pretend to try and bring people together. On his inauguration day, Donald Trump talked about American carnage. Inauguration Day is usually the day that people talk about their vision and hope. The picture that Donald Trump painted in January twenty seventeen was one of darkness, misery, and despair. I honestly don't know how Republicans listen to Donald Trump, like, actually listen to him, not do their fucking sane washing and interpretation of what it is that they think that he is saying. But when they actually listen, when they actually read a transcript and think to themselves, Yes, this is the country that I want to live in, and this is the America that I want for my children and my children's children. That's how you know that this is a cult. Because there's no way that you watched what I talked about yesterday with Donald Trump being on that stage in Pennsylvania and just looking out of his fucking mind swaying and just not making any sense, not answering any questions. And he didn't do any better when he went to the Chicago Economic Club when faced with a journalist that had real questions and real follow up and wasn't allowing himself to be put off track by Donald Trump's normal, well you're not that smart and nobody knows anything but me attitude and say, okay, well, the question that I asked was about X, not about whatever fucking tangent you want to go on. That's what journalists are supposed to do. Get to the heart of the heart, get to the truth, and the truth is is that this country has been in a downward spiral for nearly a decade, and Kamala Harris and Tim Walls over the last three months have brought in a sense of possibility, hope and light. I don't know, folks, how this all turns out. I have no idea, none of us do. I don't want us to just hope and pray for the best. I want us to activate. I want us to run through the tape. If you are feeling fearful, volunteer. If you are feeling hopeless, phone bank, knock on doors, donate, talk to your neighbors and your friends, have the brave conversations. Engage. But just sitting around and having cast your ballot and then wanting to spin yourself dizzy into a place of hopefulness is not going to do anything except feed the fear that we've been subsisting on for the last nine goddamn years. I posted this the other day that my sister. I woke up to a message from my sister. I'll read you what I wrote. I said, I woke up this morning to a message from my sister, who is feeling a lot of fear and despair about the election. I told her this. I go through these moments too, but it takes just as much energy to hope as it does to despair. George's early voting is breaking records. Hold on to that, and then I went on to say, we cannot lose focus now and allow them to break us. The hardest part of any race is finding the energy to run through the tape when every part of your body wants to quit. We can do this.
Speaker 2: We are doing this.
Speaker 1: Folks. You've been listening to me for a long time, many of you, and you know that prior to July, I was in a very dark place. Turning on this microphone and sitting and recording this show became utterly and completely painful. Not because I'm not grateful for the opportunity to connect with people every day through this podcast, but because I had nothing good that I felt like I could offer. Everything felt dark, everything felt hopeless. I ran into a colleague the other day who said, Danielle Man, let me tell you something about what gives me faith. And she's like you, because I've never seen someone do the kind of turnaround that you've done over the last couple of months.
Speaker 2: If you have a.
Speaker 1: Shred of hope, given where you were, then all of us can muster the same energy, And that's the truth. I don't lie on this show, right I don't, you know, try and put on a happy face when I'm not happy, and maybe that makes the numbers go down. But the fact is is that sometimes when you are down and out, it's hard to get back up. It's hard to recognize that there is something other than the grief that you are sitting in. But I will tell you that when you get the strength to open up the curtains, to open up the window, to move your body and get back out into life and into the light, you realize that you can do anything. Here's the thing, folks, because I want people to be really clear, even if the vice president wins the election, this country remains extraordinarily divided, and there will be so much work to do, because what we will have done is given our democracy a four yearly s extent. But to believe, as we wanted to believe in twenty twenty, that oh, that election will just fix it and will be good, Donald Trump will go away, Well, look at where we are four years later. If there is anything for us to take from this time, it is that we cannot obfuscate our responsibility as citizens anymore. We don't get to just tap back out, because that is what the Maga Republicans will wait for and pounce on.
Speaker 2: I hope that what we.
Speaker 1: Gain if we win is the belief that we can, that yes, we can. When Obama told us, and use that phrase, what feels like eons ago, he empowered a generation of people to reimagine what this country could be, who we all could be. He gave us hope and inspiration for the fact that we do have the power and the ability to change the status quo, that we can flip the script. And I want to remind us that the reality is is that we're always going to go through moments of progression and regression because we are human, and there will always be forces at play that do not want progress and will throw a wrench and as many obstacles in the way as they can to slow us down. But progress is like a train without breaks.
Speaker 2: It will keep going if we continue our momentum, and friends, if we lose, then we are going to be in for the fight of our lives.
Speaker 1: For our lives. There will be a privileged set that is able to leave. There will be those that will have no choice but to stay, even if you do have the ability to leave, you gotta continue fighting for those that are behind. We could be entering one of the darkest periods of this country's history, which would be a Jim Crow two point zero. Jim Crow lasted a century, a century, generation after generation born into an apartheid system. Even if they move to the North, the North, don't get it twisted. People were still getting lynched, still not being able to work. It was just maybe less on a day to day. I believe that we have the power to make it to the other side. I do. I believe that there are more of us who believe in the possibility of America than those that want to pull us into the dredges of white supremacy. I said back in twenty sixteen that the election of Donald Trump was white supremacy's last stand. I also said I didn't know how long that stand would be, but I knew that they were losing their grip on this country. I stand by that they are not a party of winners. They are so shortsighted, so small in their thinking, so narrow in their experience. As Willy Wonka said one of my favorite movies, and I mean the original, we are the music makers. We are the dreamers of dreams. We have to awaken our ancestral fire, that fight, that resistance. It is within each and every single one of us. There's a saying that has gone around. I don't know who said it originally. I see it every once in a while on T shirts and on different memes. But for those of us who are black and brown, we come from a line of people that couldn't be killed. That's how we made it here. Our line kept getting stronger with each and every generation. It is how we have arrived at this moment. So to give up, to make it so that one election could wipe out centuries of resistance and work would be an insult to our ancestors that got us here. So I think it is important in these next weeks, the final weeks of this election, that we light the candles, we say, the prayers, we do, the meditations, we put in the spiritual, mental and physical work to win, because I believe that we can. It will not be easy, and it may in fact be bloody, but I believe, like I've said over and over again, there are more of us than there are of them.
Speaker 2: We just need to awaken.
Speaker 1: That's it. Their numbers are small, folks. They are just really fucking loud and have created this hostile echo chamber that projects out. But when you see these people, when you see their small sad rallies, their numbers are not big, and we have got to remember that. Sometimes I say, oh, it's fifty percent of the population that is maga. I don't actually know if that's true. I really don't. I know that they are loud, and I definitely know that they exist, but I don't know if it's fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: What matters is what we do.
Speaker 1: What matters is the faith that we have. What matters is that we keep pushing, that we run through the tape, that we leave everything on the field, that in the moments that you start to despair, do something, as Michelle Obama said, don't just sit on the fucking couch and wallow.
Speaker 2: Do something.
Speaker 1: Activate because by you doing that, then the people around you follow suit. And that is what we want to be Contagious is our fight and our hopefulness. That is it for me today, dear friends on woke AF As a reminder, the Danielle Moody Show is live everyday Monday through Thursday, five pm. Eastern on my YouTube channel. I'm having a great time over there and building an incredible community and conversation where folks can engage in real time. So do join me over there. Even if you say, ah, YouTube is not for me, just give it a try. As always, dear friends, Power to the people and to all the people. Power, get woke and stay woke as fuck.