Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment.
Speaker 2: Please, I'm the Rick Butcher's Show with Speedy, Greg Butchers, Eddie Van Adler and Rick Boches.
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 4: Let's go America. I see you Mulberry, Tennessee, Glencoe, Alabama. Who's ready? Text Nation, Brice, Pennsylvania. I knew you were there, Philadempia, Mississippi, Hinnigar Alabama, Good Gracious Alamo, Tennessee, Weaver Alabama, Lawrence, Alabama.
Speaker 2: That's improve it.
Speaker 4: Boys, They're ready, Laurel, Mississippi's ready? What's up?
Speaker 5: Zack the trash Man.
Speaker 4: Alabama, parts of Alabama, Hillsborough, Detroit, Rock City in Michigan. Let's go. I say you ar Kansas, Illinois, startle Mississippi.
Speaker 6: Let me here the cawbll.
Speaker 4: George straight, Greg is ready? And what's up Georgia. Well, America's here and ready for another hour on another day, on another week of The Rick Burgess Show, Speedy, Greg Adler, the most dynamic team in all of media, here ready to go for another day. And I hope all three of you had a good weekend. I don't know. I was pretty aware of your weekend, so I don't think that you've got too much rest because whenever we're not working here, we're working somewhere else. So so glad you're all here. We do, I do, don't want to. We have a lot to do this week. Yeah, big week, Gang, big week. So it is. It is going to be a long weekend coming up. So this weekend form Memorial Day. Everybody will be off on Monday. You'll just get an old show right now. I know that's kind of I know that's kind of been up in there. Yeah, there'll be a that'll be pieces of old shows, pieces of old shows. That's right. So that'll be happening on Monday as we all celebrate Memorial Day and remember all of those who have given their life for the freedoms that we enjoy. They continue to pay the lease on it, and all the families that are involved with those who have given their life, we say thank you on Monday. So we have a lot to do going into that because the show is busy. We also have the release of the new book, We have the release of a new podcast. You know, someone asked me, they said, how's everything going. I said, well, I said, I don't know that you've ever released a new show, a new podcast, and a new book in the first five months of the year. But if you've ever done that before, there's a lot that goes with that. So let me tell you what is going on in this world of content. Okay, So you always have the daily Rick Burgess Show that's available to you on our YouTube channel and our podcast channel, including a best of hour on both of those. Since we've come off the weekend, you now have episode eighteen of the new podcast, Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Gold from the thirty one years of Rick and Bubba. You have episode two of Strange Encounters, our brand new podcast with Blaze TV about spiritual warfare. If you haven't caught that one, it's there. So you have all that available to you today. You have coming up this weekend. We will not have a Strange Encounters this weekend. We're we'll let these two kind of bake and simmer a little bit. We'll come back and do a new and next week, Lord Willing. But this weekend you will have episode three of Tales from the Camp House that will be on the Rick Burgess Show YouTube channel. This is the Fishing Tournament. This is the Burgess Bass Battle between all members of the show that'll be episode three of Tales from the Camp House. You simply get that. You'll see it has its own place on the YouTube channel that'll be out this weekend. As far as the book is concerned, I get the opportunity today to sit down with SEC Channels Paul Finebump. Paul also still does radio, it has been for a long time, so you either hear Paul on his radio network or you watch him on the SEC channel, and Paul and I will sit down. Paul was kind enough to get an early copy of the book and give a really really kind endorsement of the book, and they were also kind enough to invite me to sit down. And it worked out because the Fine Bomb Show is actually going to be live from the SEC Baseball Tournament, which guys, those you around the country may not know, they play that right across town. So I'll rather than having to be on zoom or on the phone, I'll get to go over and sit down with Paul today and we'll talk about Men Don't Run in the Rain, which had a big weekend. I don't even know how to I don't even know what to say. Got to be with Glenn Beck on Friday, had a great conversation with him about two things, the book and the new podcast and the new show. Three things actually, and the book has you know, I don't even know what to say. I was telling the guys. It has taken off all over the country. I think when we went on air today it was the number one book for men on Amazon. It had jumped Think about how many books are out there. It jumped from like ninety eight thousand book to the thirty eight thousand, and then by the time I was going to church on Sunday, it had moved into like a one thousand something. So it's moving. And one of the things you got to understand on that is we have probably as many people who are using our links and none of those none of those purchases count. The only thing you're seeing on Amazon's countdown is people that buy it from Amazon. So the stuff that's going on on our links and the sign copies, that's not even in the count So it has exceeded. And we had some pretty lofty expectations for this book because of what a character Dad is. The content of the book certainly not the person who wrote it. We could have found much better writers, even in my own house. But the content is good, like Dad has always been great content. So and he's an incredible man. And you know what it feels good, Greg and Speedy and Adler, but Greg, you personal is you and I Greg are getting to share this man now with people that would have never got to be influenced by him, never got to meet him. And now Dad's legacy is just shooting out everywhere. And now you wouln't believe emails. I'm getting the men, and I've got some of them today. I may put in a hay birds that are saying, now, I've been impacted by the teachings of your dad, you know, and so this has provided a way for us to share him with people that were pretty limited, that didn't have access didn't have access to him. So so anyway, we'll that's continuing now. I do want to clarify one thing. Not a lot of you are confusing this, but some of you are, and I understand. I can see how that can happen, especially on your phone, those of you that wanted to sign copies for Father's Day. A small percentage of you are going to our link, but you're not taking the time to look because when you use our links on our three websites. It just offers you an opportunity to buy a book that you know, without getting it signed. Then there's another link. It's in red. It's a hyperlink. I understand what it's called, and it clearly says click here for sign copy. Some of you are just clicking the first thing that comes up and thinking you've asked for a sign copy and you didn't. And I will say this, some of you have been a little rude to customer service and they're kind of done with you because you're claiming that they did something when you did it. Okay, and look, I apologize. I thought it was pretty easy to maneuver, but I'm not very high tech, and I told the guys yesterday. If I pull it up on a computer, you can see it pretty clear. But if you pull it up on the phone, the first thing that comes up is a link that isn't a sign copy, and you got to scroll up. And then the next one says click here for a sign copy. So please make sure you're clicking on the red link that says click here for a sign copy. I've signed about six hundred and forty of them, and I understand I've got another another three hundred or so to sign this week, so and we'll get them to you. And if you didn't do that and you made a mistake, we're doing everything we can to correct it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, theman church dot com that that link goes to uh, Ironhill Press, but it does say and.
Speaker 4: Red and read scroll up in all caps.
Speaker 7: No, just well yeah, just I'm just trying to understand you just saying it's just click here for sign copy. So it's just take the time to kind of look because if not, you just you're just going to click ad card and you're not seeing the big, big red bull click here for sign Frothers Day.
Speaker 4: And what's funny is I did have one person that was very kind and we've had some that have not been but very few. Uh And she was like, I didn't get mine came it wasn't signed. I said, well, did you click the one that said sign copy? And she put back up and she goes, you mean the real red one that that hyperlink there, And I said, she goes, no, I did not, And I said, well, well, we'll try our best to to get that accommodated. And keep in mind, I'm talking about a small percentage of people. But I wish nobody you know, of course, I wish nobody got one they thought was gonna be signed that wouldn't sign. But no, we didn't overlook it, and yours didn't. We didn't forget to put it in the pile. If yours wasn't signed or or is not getting signed this because you didn't click the right link, right, that's all. Yeah, so take care of it. The audiobook is out there. It's not on Audible yet, but it is on Apple and Spotify and getting great feedback on that, and of course the ebooks Kindle all that's available to you too, so and and I know you guys, we you know, we all know how these things work. Uh, it's always helpful once you start getting it to especially if you get it from Amazon, to go onto Amazon and rate the book, and and even if you have time to write a review. All those things help it trend. So I mean, don't feel obligated to do that, but but but it does help, so, so thank you. I don't even know how to it's it's been. It's been a beautifully overwhelming So I'll be on four podcasts this week and then with Fine Bomb today, So we're making a lot happen opall. And then there's two podcasts that I've done that should drop this week that you haven't been able to access yet, but you should this week. We'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: Angel Studios. They've done it again. I'm super jazz to tell you about this great movie, The Last Rodeo. The Last Rodeo. Let me tell you the team behind the King of Kings, Homestead and Sound of Freedom, all great movies. Now The Last Rodeo, action packed story of a retired rodeo legend who straps back in for one last ride, risking all to save his grandson. He's the oldest writer to ever enter the arena in the movies about healing broken bonds, facing your past, proving that real courage means fighting for the people that you love. It is raw, but you're gonna love it. It's heartfelt. And how about this, It might even I'm telling Greg to watch. It might even make Greg get a little misty at times. And you know this is I just love when a movie is coming out that I actually don't have to worry about going on. I don't know if I should have went to see that or not. But at the same time, a movie could be you know, not have things in it you don't want to see and hear. But then is it any good? Well, well, the Last Rodeo there's another one that says, not only is this something you won't have to feel guilty about watching, it also is really well done. So theaters are selling out fast, so hurry up and order your tickets. Go to Angel dot com, Angel dot com slash Rick grab your seats for the Last Rodeo in theaters starting this Friday, May the twenty third. That's Angel dot com slash.
Speaker 1: Rick broadcasting from the Real Worlds the Rick Burches Show.
Speaker 4: Thank you America for being with us today. Boy do we have a lot coverage today from the weekend. We want to chat with you. We got some hay birds ay birge coming.
Speaker 8: Up, a lot to.
Speaker 4: Do, all right, No, no, no, I don't want to be a Debbie downer and talk about taxes, basic taxes. But you know what, there's a couple of things you can't escape into so falling creation. You've heard it said many times, taxes and death. And some of you are trying to not pay your taxes and the RS is the largest collection agency in the country in they mean business. If you owe over ten thousand dollars in back taxes or maybe have unfiled tax returns, why don't you take control of your life and stop hiding and dreading. I mean, you know, hey, they'll garnish those wages theyn't think they want. Do you think they won't take your property? They certainly will. So why don't you get a shield though, to protect you US tax Shield. They're going to help you get this resolved with the IRS and maybe even in your favor. Okay, Uh, there's a fresh start program that the IRS has made available, but you got to know how to work it, and the attorneys can help you. At US tax Shield, you can take control of your financial future. They offer a price protection guarantee quote to get you protected. Today. They are rated A plus by the Better Business Bureau. Called one eight hundred seven six' nine seven three four zero one eight hundred seven six nine seven three four zero are used as sponsor's button right there At rick burgesshow dot. Com, okay so some things today over in the political, world which we don't do near as much of that, anymore BUT i think we do. Enough The Joe biden news over the, weekend and you were talking about this a little litle bit uh, Speedy. Uh biden battling most aggressive type of prostate, cancer a medical expert. Says and a lot of people are bringing this up like like you. Did now we know it's already. This this really shouldn't. Surprise this, game the the well being Of President. Biden we, were we were that weird game we. Played one of the reasons why we adopted with the new, Show we're going to broadcast from the real, world this bizarro world they created That President biden was just. Fine they nothing to see. Here he's perfectly. Fine his cognitive, skills he outworks all of, us and it was just. SILLY i, mean we we all knew that wasn't. True and and even people who are who have who like to have some sort of, credibility uh even vote those that vote left and see the world through the lens of the, left some of them start, SAYING i just can't do this anymore right that that now NOW i feel like that this is becoming. Ridiculous, well the most aggressive type of, cancer prostate, cancer if you catch it, early a great success rate he's he's older. Man now he's not, Young, okay are we really supposed to believe? That they had no. IDEA i even saw people over the weekend saying that at times when he, would you, know because he would say, anything that he almost told us he had cancer one, time if you were paying, attention did, yeah and one of his.
Speaker 7: Face, yeah when he was growing up about the, old the old splattering on the, windshields and they had TO i remember that.
Speaker 4: Speech, yeah and.
Speaker 9: So many people like me have. Cancer like, me.
Speaker 4: He's exactly what he. Said, yeah so that was pretty. Good but that really was. Good so you, know more than eighty percent of men over eighty have some type of some type of prostate. Cancer they just usually die of something. Else and that was my first. THOUGHT i don't meany you, disrespect but this is not, like you, know He's JOHN. F kennedy in the prime of his life and we find, out oh, no the president has some sort of the worst kind of a certain kind of. Cancer he's, finished he's really. Old don't wish this upon, him BUT i mean he made. IT i mean he's had a very very long. Life he may do. Fine they may find a way around. This but the fact that it was likely hidden From america at this point doesn't really. MATTER i, mean it.
Speaker 7: Doesn't Like Scott, jennings he was ON, cnn he was talking to you, know THE lib panel AND lib, host and he, said you, know, really to be, honest y'all should be upset because you're constantly having to defend, him and y'all were saying that his cognitive skills were just, fine and now we're finding out with leak audio of behind door of meetings where he just would lose his memory and all this kind of. Stuff now all that's coming. Out and he looked at the host and, said as a, journalist you ought to be upset that you've been lied to for four, years and As democrats that have to defend, him y'all should be upset that you've been.
Speaker 4: Misled you.
Speaker 7: Know for some, reason he, Said i'm the only one upset on the, panel and really it should be all of. US i think that's more of, It, rick is that we've just been lied. To AND i think he was experiencing some urinary track issues and then they started doing some exams and realized that he has prostate. Cancer and a lot of people are like, well obviously the well wishes are, there but you kidding, me y'all didn't know.
Speaker 4: This you would think they. Knew, yeah all the. Physicals he has the best medical carecter in the. World.
Speaker 10: YEAH i Asked GOOGLE, ai how long did it Take biden to get to this level of? Cancer GOOGLE'S ai comes back and, says we don't have an answer for this question right. NOW i ASKED, groc which is EXES, groc which Is EX'S ai, Platform general oncology patterns support in eighteen to thirty six month, Range so sometime between mid twenty twenty one and late twenty twenty three would be the time when this would have shown. Up so they've been Covering this is just one more thing they've been covering up at least since.
Speaker 4: Then, well and somebody also in Text nation out Of South carolina, says there apparently is a book coming out about the scandal of covering up all the health issues that he, Had tapper's, book and it's about to come, out and they're saying it's almost like they're coming clean before it comes. Out.
Speaker 7: Yeah not only, that BUT i think That cash and who was. It, anyway THE fbi has come out and said that they have identified the staff members that were auto pinning all of his pardons and everything. Else so you have a lot of stuff that's about to come, out and everybody's, like this is kind of interesting the timing of, this but who, knows well it really, truly who. KNOWS i don't, know and it's none of it's.
Speaker 4: Surprising and they did say that when he kept getting a clean medical, report they now realize that that was actually signed by auto. Pen it wasn't even that was not as rudd as. Doctor, so you, know sad for the bidens and BUT i mean he's, he's you, know an older. Man you, know one of these things about prostate, cancer but it usually doesn't come out to be this most aggressive type and be so far down the road when you have the best medical care around you at all. Times that is that's, odd.
Speaker 1: Yea and we were laughing at A rick's, joke this Little Rick burgess show simply outworking the. Competition The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 4: Show nobody runs harder than this. Show nobody runs. Harder we're glad you're with us, today and we got a lot going, on. Folks enjoy all of. It enjoy all of. It we thank you for being. Here look at this little, here this just sparned a little story here today from One Calvin Speedy, wilburn who had a bit of a rough week last. WEEK a couple of less speak here, There hey, Bird Hey, steve how you, doing? Buddy incoming upah luopa alert incoming umpah lupa. Alert thanks Thanks. Steve. UH i think THAT i may have Caught. Speedy some duress had the pleasure of running Into speedy and his Wife Terry friday evening at. DINNER i wonder who was BUYING i? Bought, okay just of COURSE i was looking At. Steve how much you? Do, yeah no, surprise no surprise. Here he And terry were kind enough to stop and speak to my. Dad, Oh i'm sure your dad got plenty From. Speedy oh, YEAH i bet about three other. PEOPLE i bet that was quite a great great that he got built over on have dinner with his. DAD i felt so bad for the shots That speedy took on the Show. Friday apparently his wife did not know what had happened on the Show, Friday AND i THINK i may have Called speedy to have a great after dinner conversation on the ride home, yep my Bad Speedy Love love the new. Show, guys what? Happened so.
Speaker 7: We're we're coming out of. Dinner we went over to her parents' house and it's a great place we love to stop at when we, can and we're, like, hey we're so, close why don't we stop off and have some Dinner friday? Night so we, did and we were leaving and we bumped Into steve and his dad who were a couple of tables over and stopped and said hey to. Him met his dad and he, SAID i got to tell. YOU i know it's been a tough day on, you but that the special needs email About Coach burgess.
Speaker 4: And you that had me.
Speaker 7: Down and he and he almost got tickled again telling about. It And terry's standing to my right as he's and she's kind of giving him that look turning as she, he's and he, said you didn't hear, it did?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 4: Oh so he that's why he wrote he immediately knew she. Did.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah he, said, Oh i'm so sorry you you didn't hear, it did? You and she's, like now what do you?
Speaker 8: Do?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 7: Oh AND i was, like, well it's it's been it's been a long. DAY i, mean you, know been a lot. HAPPENING i got, home you, know we then we came, over went to her, parents did some work and and and, everything and and then it's just we had time and and and so he, said, all, Well i'm gonna leave that one wig you and uh and we we left and going to the, car she, said now what? Happened try explaining? It try explaining. IT i, said, well.
Speaker 4: You know Rix rick's book About Coach, burd, right got?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 7: WELL i just talked about how Much Coach burd just meant to be meant to. Me and the first TIME i, ever you, know met, him AND i had to interview. Him and WHEN i would go, hunting he would always, go, hey ride with, me and you my little, buddy and all.
Speaker 4: This kind of.
Speaker 7: Stuff AND i, said now understand. That and you got, that. Okay and in a totally different, Segment rick And greg were talking about how he had a connection with those in the special needs community where they were just they were drawn to him and he was drawn to, them and he's just a very sweet interaction and always it was very, special no pun. Intended AND i, said so you got, that. Okay so those are two different, conversations and then an emailer put them all together in one email and, said maybe the reason Coach, burgess you, know had so much favor Towards speedy and wanted to be his riding buddy's because he felt like he needed, to you, know take care Of, speedy which may gave the implications THAT i was special.
Speaker 4: NEEDS i said.
Speaker 7: THAT i said that was The, AGAIN i, SAID i said that was a, Yeah and she got to laughing so harsh and co, oh so she. DID i, mean she was. Down i'm talking about like a lot of a lot of she's, thought, Well i've always thought of.
Speaker 4: It, Yeah, no she didn't think. That uh, huh but that explains a lot and.
Speaker 7: Uh and so once she finally stopped, laughing WENT i just looked over at. HER i was, like, Really she's, like, honey that is. HILARIOUS i, Said so is it hilarious because you THINK i? Am, No, NO i don't think you are not.
Speaker 4: Handling. Things you did, know how hard did you? Laugh? WELL i. WAS i got to laugh at her, laughing AND i got laughing all over. Again before you knew, it we were needing. Tissue we were. Laughing so somebody told me that over the weekend That Ryan greenwood finally heard the arve and had to be.
Speaker 7: HOSPITALIZED i can't believe he hadn't reached, out BUT i guess that the funny part about it was A Steve's steve's discomfort of oh my, goodness you realize what he, is and then me having to retell, it and then and then having to retell, it how you had to pull all these different parts, together and then and then just hearing, myself uh in the, conversation you can't miss a. Moment But i'm gonna tell you right, now you can't miss a moment when When terry gets really tickled if you start laughing at her because she just laughs so.
Speaker 4: Hard and hit her just.
Speaker 7: Right oh, yeah she's one of those like you, know when a baby would cry and it wouldn't be.
Speaker 4: Breathing you're, like is it? Breathing, yeah that's her. Laughing have you Ever she'll just it was a good. One it was a great well you know how our family, is you, know and we And GREG i got to see the family is kind of spread out trying to cover all all things, today including today because we and our family in the month Of, may we have how many? Birthdays we, have like five birthdays and then one year we had five birthdays and two. GRADUATIONS a lot of things. Happened, yeah and then and so we cover as much ground as we. Can and of Course greg was with his grandkids because one of his grandkids was having a, birthday and we'll get into that a little bit. Later but watching the aftermath because our family they, know they kind of know what we do for a, living but they're not really on top of. It and sometimes you can, tell like in your moment Where terry was having to figure something out on the, fly and then like my wife kind of came through over the. Weekend at one point she, goes what did what happened With speedy this? WEEK i, said, Well, philip which? ONE i said That speedy had a couple of big moments this. Week and she, goes what was? This somebody was talking that they couldn't even tell me they were laughing so. Hard AND i, said is it when he tried to give a shout out to the guy and accidentally said something off? Color she, GOES i. COULDN'T i, Said and then you know how you. Do here's so Much sherry is turning away from me about to go over to the, sink AND i, said, no that could have been that somebody thought he was special needs and she said what and she turned. Around of, course then it's. Funny then she was, like, well bless his. Heart and then, Guys i'm not, no nobody said.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 4: Now NOW i will tell you. THIS i.
Speaker 7: Did let it settle With terry for about five, minutes and then she gets back into somebody texted or whatever AND i AND i, said so you felt sorry for, me that's why you married.
Speaker 4: Me and then she got to laugh and. Uh and then of, course and Then i'd like to Think. GREG i thought they Think, greg BECAUSE i think it even made the best of. Iur and Apparently George straight fans, know they know what it means That adler puts something About King. George and all of a, SUDDEN i started you were on it. Too we started to getting emails From George straight fans that were afraid to listen to the. Archive one guy was, like please tell Me greg's not said something negative About. GEORGE i get that, email, yes BUT i MEAN i didn't realize it was such a big deal to not Like george. STRAIT i just don't like his. Music that's ALL i. Said, yeah you SAID i hate, him BUT i HAD i, mean AFTER i went back on that that was too. Much it WAS i had, to like you had to went to an event On. Saturday we'll talk about, this by the, way, SPEEDY i buckle up for that. One, uh but for that. Update BUT i was as soon AS i like, PEOPLE i was, like, look BEFORE i even start in, here anybody who was A George straight, Fan i'm. Not it Was, greg SO i could get started. THIS i, mean he's got quite a. Following he. DOES i told you that he's as big as it gets in that. Music just being, honest because you know a lot of people feel like they have to like something because everybody. DOES i Just i'm just if it's, On i'm gonna turn. It that's just on today's, episodes because there's part of the population out there that still isn't quite. Upset and so Today greg will give his. Assessment he Thought Billy graham was overrated as a preacher almost.
Speaker 7: Now, GREG i almost called you BECAUSE I i was with my Cousin, lisa whose special, needs this past weekend and we listened.
Speaker 4: To george trade all that in this in the trust that it was just. On it was just. On we went and detail that this is sure. Changed you won't do that in lays, well be right.
Speaker 1: Back this is The Rick Burgess. Show, okay let's be.
Speaker 4: Honest, Conservatives, conservatives we're kind of winning right. NOW i, mean anybody tired of, winning, momentum gaining some, ground people waking, Up but this is not the time to go to. Sleep, hi any did anybody there play a little? BALL i play a little. BALL i don't know If i've ever mentioned that, Before but you know, what what do we learn from every coach we ever? Had, hey, hey don't lay. Down hey don't let them get back in the. Game once you're, up you gotta go. AHEAD i mean, you this is the time to really extend that, lead put some. Distance So BLAZE'S tv exists to make sure we can do. That investigative. Journalism it seems. Dead no if you if you subscribe To BLAZE, tv then you, know, okay you know that they have investigative. Journalism you know they have documentaries that sheds light into the you, Know i'm talking about just the dark deep. State so here's the. Beauty BLAZE tv is only eight dollars a. MONTH i mean some of the expensive coffees costs that twenty six cents a. Day to stand with the platform and because you are part of The Rick Burgers, show which is also a partner With blaze and we have content On blaze two including the new Podcast Strange, encounters BlazeTV dot, com Slash rick and we're gonna get you twenty bucks off an annual Plan BLAZE, Tv, Unfiltered, unafraid and on.
Speaker 1: Demand this is What trump had in mind when he sought to Make america great. Again The Rick butcher's.
Speaker 4: Show about It. America are you? Ready Another Rick burgers show is rolling a lot going. On i'm in a lot coming off the weekend episode two of a brand New BLAZE tv podcast with The Rick Burgers, Show Strange. Encounters if you haven't caught episode, two grab it wherever you get. Podcasts, also you have it on Your BLAZE tv. Subscription it's also on The Rick Burgers show YouTube channel and podcast. Channel as a matter of, Fact, ADDLER i have a funny email from that episode coming, up even though it was quite. Serious did you see? It, okay we got to talk about. That so, anyway it's coming. Up we'll hit that a little bit later on updates from the weekend coming as. Well, greg you're the only one here THAT i know of our Group addler you maybe anybody are? Y'all did you Watch American Idol? Adler? Oh, no, Okay, greg you're the only. One oh, YEAH i watched. It we have a, Winner Jamal Jamal. Roberts, yeah and you were okay with that because he didn't do any country In Western. No The, ACTUALLY i had to go to. BED i couldn't watch who Won? IT i watched a lot of the up to that couple hours of. It did you? So? So do you think now you caught some flak even inside the family because some of the family was watching. This i'm talking about our extended. Family you told me you didn't think it was a very good lineup this, year and the talent was down OR i don't know if it's so much the, talent it's just people took a issue with. That the style was not upset. People we had one guy that WAS i THOUGHT i kind of liked. HE i thought he would least back it to the. Final he got put out. Last any idea what his name? Was give me some description of him is This rasby guy you THOUGHT i? Liked, yeah, yeah you would. Like that's How greg described. Him there's a raspberry singing. GUY i think you would. Like he never says his name, ANYWAY i can't remember, it BUT i don't even remember a lot of talk About. Jamal, RIGHT i, Know jamal's kind of you, know he kept making the Cut KEVIN r AND b, singer very very, good and he made all the way to The he won't won, it, Okay, Yeah AND i thought that the singing cowboy would win it because you, know everybody just loved. Him every year you got to have a singing. Cowboy here we go, again and here we go and then the girl was, incredible her voice was. Unreal here we go. Again but, yeah he, HE i, mean that's not, like, OH i can't believe he. Won you, KNOW i got. You, okay you. Don't you don't seem that far about, It BUT i got. It, okay you, know a little cowboy. There what about what about THE Pa you've done, Enough you've upset enough cowboy. People, Okay so what about the actual? Finale did you see any? PERFORMANCES i? Did who? Performed? Uh Did Carrie underwood. Perform, YEAH i, think BUT i was in bed missed that. Too, Sure lionel DID i made Did? Lionel did you see? Anything could you care any? Less they? Had that's the name of. It man that's married To Cameron. Diaz Good charlotte co co play Good, Charlotte oh, Good. Charlotte i'm sorry that's Not Cameron. Diaz i'm confusing, her but then he's not married her. Anyway when it's paper AND i think they've That salt And pepper was on the final what that? There are they new record coming? Out are they still? Nasty because because when they used to work last Night i'm talking they played Their, yeah maybe because they're older ladies and something about older ladies being. Nasty it just it's never good to be. Nasty don't miss. Understanding but be. Younger, yeah, yeah just as a as a, point as a, pointer be, younger they, Said Brandon lake, saying oh yeah he's. Good, yeah oh you like yeah he sounds about with the female that was in the, finalist and, man it was that was, good really. Good So Jamal, roberts the winner Of American, IDOL i was. Surprised not your, Choice, no, no, NO i don't dislike him the whole. Time then they were going top ten. CUTTING i always always, survived and then but when he got in the TOP i Was. Slater that's the kid's. NAME i Like. Slater his first name is.
Speaker 12: That.
Speaker 4: Okay, anyway SADLY i didn't see him, it SO i don't know he's. Good and the last TIME i thought he had a chance at least, it but he got. Cut last. WEEK i scanned by one night and there was like kind of a Heavy hawaiian that everybody seem to be on. Fire they said he lost a lot of. Weight did? He oh he was guy that wanted a couple of years. Ago really IF i missed.
Speaker 7: It, yeah they said that he came break and he's lost all kinds of weight headline.
Speaker 4: ON i didn't see, it BUT i remember when he. Went, NOW i was disappointed when he won that. Day he's like his body transformation or. Something it's not because he was. FAT i just DIDN'T i, mean he could. Sing are you are you clarifying? That that was a couple of YEARS i didn't know. THAT i don't miss. THIS i didn't like him. MUCH i didn't like him just because he's. Fat, yeah you've got to because it was the style of, music because you got sisters to prove. That oh. Absolutely by the, way DID i did read? You the email of the woman, Says, rick You, greg what have you pulled me? Into i'm now watching two tons you get you get caught up in?
Speaker 11: It?
Speaker 4: Wow also another story. Today NOW i, Never thank, goodness all my kids were too old to ever be pulled into Baby. Shark Baby shark on the way in from the birthday. Party break into it in a. Minute so, so by the, way we've got funny. Update birthday. Party Baby shark is still popular then the big deal and SINCE i had the rights to it AND i had written, it, well another story to. EVERYWHERE A Los angeles business owner has found a way to keep homeless people from camping near his. Building he plays continuously The Baby shark annoying. SONG i play it all night long through A pa, system and he says they do everything that they can to. Leave he, said it's it is. Helping it's driving the homeless, crazy and they stay away from my building because they would rather have nowhere to sleep than to sit my building and listen To Baby. Shark the loudspeaker over and. Over there are so many versions of little videos for kids that feature. It, yeah NOW i love. Them my granddaughter sings. It, now If i'm just sitting there listening to, IT i, Don't but like she in the car seat on the way and the other from the birthday.
Speaker 7: PARTY i Guess river when in his two's he liked yeah in that. FRAME i have video of him And terry dancing around a baby and again.
Speaker 4: Again, okay are you telling? Me are you telling? Me there's a, chance if The lord allows and blesses us with, GRANDCHILDREN i could be pulled even this. Late, yes it's not going anywhere this late in the. Game it falls right in there with all children's. Songs, now now this is, classic classic comment from the. Homeless this is. Ridiculous we can't get any, sleep we can't get, housing we can't, eat and now they're trying to drive us crazy with this annoying children's. Song here's an. Idea don't be sleeping around people's bid buildings and and and causing a trash heap outside where they were dagging. Dumps, right take that up with the. Government it's. YOU i don't know how to break this to. You this belongs to someone. Else you can't just have.
Speaker 10: It but you're you're not, Safe, Rick i'm telling. You wheels on the bus that's still.
Speaker 4: ALIVE i had that when my kids were, Babies.
Speaker 9: Spider and baby. SHARK i mean, you you'll probably run into.
Speaker 4: Them what about mommy, Finger mommy? FINGER i don't, know mommy, finger you know that? One that way you? Do, daddy you, do, mommy you do all of? Them, HERE i am.
Speaker 10: HERE i am, here you, Do, YES i do know that one that WHERE i AM i am.
Speaker 4: Greg is that just a version of that run that run, away.
Speaker 9: Run away run? Way is it just that same?
Speaker 4: Thing but, again there's nine thousand videos of different people doing. It you have a puppet doing, it you'll have some oh my, gosh you had to deal with a puppet Doing oh, yeah, OKAY i Remember wills on the bus that that's from my era of small. Children it's still rolling, yep, yeah no pun. Intended no more monkeys jumping on the bed that's still. Alive that's. Real can we even do? That no more monkeys bopped his head.
Speaker 9: Black? Sheep oh, yeah that's still thing.
Speaker 1: Too.
Speaker 4: YEAH i don't THINK i want to sing the finger Some, no probably it feels sure. WEIRD i don't know about. That where are you? HERE i am? HERE i Am what about This wiggles? Bunch is there stuff still? Alive? Yeah your fruit salad and alledge. Stuff, YEAH i don't. Know you've got the older, one you, know the, originals and then there's a newer. Bunch but they show all of, them believe, Me so this stuff just Never are there current wiggle? People are we still on the old listen to the old albums that are? NOT i don't know how far it's, come you, know if it's like they're feming it. NOW i don't. Know but there's any Current WIGGLES i don't. Know are we all listened to the hits of the Old? Wiggles it's? Timeless, RICK i? Know, yeah tell me timeless? Kits, wait getting? Lucky oh, yeah have them. All i'm a little teapot, still that's still a lot build. Thing the.
Speaker 9: Kids the kids will come home from daycare singing them.
Speaker 4: All, OH i bet you're a good tea.
Speaker 9: Pot i'm a great Teath i'm short and i'm.
Speaker 4: Staff and you're already you're ready to.
Speaker 1: Pour here's my.
Speaker 9: Handle here's what's?
Speaker 4: About, yeah top of the. Hour thanks for being with.
Speaker 1: Me this is The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 13: Show listen up.
Speaker 2: Like li.
Speaker 1: You gotta fine broadcasting from the World The Rick Burchase.
Speaker 4: Show all, right here we. Go thank you for being with Us. AMERICA a brand new our has. Begun we thank you for being with us, today and we've got a lot to do and you can be part of it at eight eight eight Six Big. Box you can call us there or you can text us there if you'd like to interact instantly with the. Show so here's some things you need to know we have. TODAY i have the honor later today to be on The Paul Finebaum. Show they're on THE sec network and also his radio. Network he's been kind enough to invite, me and he also did an endorsement for the new Book Men Don't run in The. Rain so if you follow Fine bomb or are you familiar with his, show and a lot of you, ARE i have the honor of being there this. Afternoon and As speedy can tests To Greg adler over the years of the thirty one years of The rick And Bubba show and even before, That, paul When paul AND i get, together, hey you never. Know SO i think we're gonna have some fun today and talk about the book a little bit. Too so if.
Speaker 7: You know that at the at The hoover met it is the twenty seventh consecutive conference tournaments held there twenty seven years constant with THE Sec baseball. Tournament and you Know texas will be, There oklahoma will be. There it's the f also the first of its kind with all sixteen teams making it and double round byes for the top four seeds in the tournament. Bracket so it all Starts, tuesday and so everybody's converging On, Hoover.
Speaker 4: Alabama there we. Go, Yeah So paul will be. There that's the reason Why speedy brought that up WHEN i mentioned Fine. Baum i'll actually be there with, him SO i won't be having to call in or anything like that because he'll actually do his show from. There So i'll be there with him today as they get ready to start that. Tournament so looking forward to, that uh, uh and welcome to all of you that may be coming to our part of the. World so that's one thing that we want to let you know about also over the, weekend uh and after this is where we need to have a, Conversation. Buddy over the, weekend episode two Of Strange, encounters brand new podcasts that we're doing With BLAZE. Tv episode two pretty intense if you haven't seen it or heard, it but we did get some. Emails let me let me kind of work our way, back okay On Strange encounters to the final, one Which adam will. Discuss first of, all hey, birds just wanted to Say episode two Of Strange encounters was excellent and, necessary he. SAID i used the hay birds BECAUSE i believe, everyone especially anyone with, children needs to listen to this. Episode i've shared it with my family and on all social. Media thank, you guys for your obedience in this new. Endeavor and that's from a, pastor so thank. You, NEXT i just want to say thank you for the new, Podcast Strange. ENCOUNTERS i listened to the episode With Blake, prime and to be, honest it woke me up a. Lot god used that to motivate me to be a better spiritual leader for my wife and. Son y'all pray for me to be strong and courageous and be the best LEADER i can be with the help of The Holy. Spirit thank, you. Brothers keep fighting the good. Fight well see those, two that's what we hope to accomplish with this. Podcast, yeah so that's all, good and then we get into a couple of. OTHERS i, know Strange encounters is a very serious, topic AND i enjoyed the, episode BUT i must Ask, adler is there any way that we can change where the guests, sit especially if they're talking about demon attacking their. Children in the middle of this, CONVERSATION i couldn't take my eyes Off Big boy's. HEAD i was looking over Mister prime's shoulder and it's like he's. Grinning, Everybody oh, yeah tell. It here's another one enjoying the new. Show maybe MAYBE i should change the name of the new podcast To demons And Big. Boy, yeah, SO i couldn't quit looking at.
Speaker 10: It right, right that's The Big Boy. MIKE i thought we had all talked about. This that's the that's the the, like that's the.
Speaker 4: Main just maybe on serious, classic that's the classic look that we're going. FOR i, THOUGHT i think it's all about. TOPIC i think it's all about. Topic in, fact he's grinning, like, yeah, NO i completely a one, time we. Agree they had turned to look the other way at one, Point yeski.
Speaker 9: Scary so, YEAH i completely.
Speaker 10: AGREE i won't Have Big boy in the background when people talking about demons attacking their.
Speaker 9: Children, again that's just a, good good good.
Speaker 4: Note what kit makes it so bad is it's. Gigantic the person looks so little beside. It, yeah it's.
Speaker 9: Huge that's our, Trademark Big Boy.
Speaker 10: Mike you, guys maybe we might have to change, that, yeah, yes or be true with andy that maybe it's okay yeah, yeah but so.
Speaker 4: Yeah and you, know like we're meeting The vox, Seats Big Boy mike works. PERFECT i THINK i think what the the audience is saying is maybe time and place With Big.
Speaker 9: Boy, accurate fair good. Notes maybe over here WHERE i said good production, notes.
Speaker 4: Well you know what my thought, was honestly good production, notes mister. Producer my thought was because you, know when they when they came to us about doing this, podcast they wanted us, to you, know put a new logo up over The Rick Burgess show. Logo and my thought was that when a guest comes, in you didn't want to blend it over into other parts of the. Studio but you're just, saying, hey it was The Big Boy. Mike like if if someone sits In speedy's seat with that mess you up on the shot you're trying to. GET i thought about that even, well.
Speaker 9: It, will but it was. Fine we'll figure it. Out bunny's episode, two.
Speaker 10: You can put him in front of the the wheel Of bits And bundles where.
Speaker 9: My crap eating grin will be right behind him on that.
Speaker 4: One SO i want you all to. Notice you have to understand, Here and you, KNOW i think the way this show is, GOING i don't think anyone thinks that there's any topic off. Limits apparently there, isn't, okay but we love being able to just say, hey AND i got another one coming. Up okay before we're done. Today if those of you that haven't watched or listened to the episode, listening you won't. Know but if you hadn't watched the, episode right, here Mister Blake prime is talking about am battling a demon and AND i didn't realize the big boy was so prominent behind him the minute place tell me to shut up about, IT i, Said i'll tell you big boys and enjoying Big boy smiling serious, serious it needs to work on. That, yeah, yeh off your.
Speaker 9: Feet all, fair this is all, fair AND i, AGREE i.
Speaker 4: Agree, okay everybody knows you thought it was great? Goodness? Right what AM i? Doing?
Speaker 6: God love?
Speaker 9: It what AM i talking?
Speaker 4: ABOUT i think someone's, saying won't you just cover him with a? SHEET i think that'll make it?
Speaker 1: Worse?
Speaker 4: Ghost what about this look you're showing right? Now go back to the other, one the two shot there you? Go what about that? Look?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah that but we that's the we have the logo, problem, right, well a double logo, problem because The Rick Burgess show is going to Be, yeah and then it's, like all, right DO i just make THE tv just? Black because you, SO i, mean there's a lot of things to think, about and that that was a, problem and SO i went another way and created another.
Speaker 4: Problem, right, yeah just roll him by the way and then roll he's on casters is we could roll. Him he's very, agile you, know we, say you, know we say to the audience on that thank, you thank. You that was very. Helpful, sure and the good you know. That BUT i, know getting back to the original topic that what what what the other emails were? About if we could just forget about Big boy for a, Minute, uh it sounds like what we were wanting to accomplish with this podcast is. Happening so that's something to, celebrate and it's a it's a lot to do going, forward and we've got more. Coming but if you haven't caught the latest, episode it is available. Now so there you, go and thank you for the programming notes on The Big boy Behind what went? Right what if big boys start changing his? Race when he was talking he started moving? Away like what? About what about one? Point what if his like close his eyes like?
Speaker 1: That this is The Rick Burgess, show the man who was hold enough to point out that there is no such thing as dog. Years dogs just don't live as long as. Humans Rick, birches.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being with, Us. Amarica we move, forward by the, way thanks to all of. You, uh and it's happening in. Today by the, WAY i have received the picture of The Big Boy graveyard multiple, times many, times and it is so. Funny all these big boys that have been decommissioned and they're all behind out in some field behind the, fence and they call it The Big Boy. Graveyard all the different versions a Big. Boy If i'm not, mistaken, speedy isn't that where y'all Got Big boy? From one of? THOSE i? Believe so let can you remember it? Exactly where it came. From so the pin down just a little bit right, here the one above it. Sad it was In. DETROIT i, know, yeah this is. Sad apparently one of our longtime tubers all the way back in The rick And bubba days and then into The Rick Burgess, Show Bama, Jay Julia, hayes according to the, textures has passed. Away she had some heart issues and a lot of health issues. Lately So julia and her family know that we're all grieving with you today and just so grateful for her ongo and support of all the things that we've. Done SO i, know for the, tubers especially in the chat, room you guys all be morning, today so let's all be remembering her. Family so thanks for letting us know that Relief factor dot. COM a lot of, you of, course are already using. This talk to some folks over the weekend, saying, hey Relief factor is part of my daily. Routine me. Too it's all. Natural you can take it every. Day if inflammation is the, enemy then the Relief factor will help you defeat. It let me tell you, something Relief. Factor you get three weeks for nineteen ninety, Five, Rick why three? Weeks i'll tell you, why because this is not something that mask. Pain, okay don't expect that this is going to go to the root of the. Problem and if inflammation is the, problem this is going to be great. News it's going to eradicate it for. GOOD i mean people literally get in their lives back naturally because you know the over the counter stuff and you know some of the side effects with the opioids and. All you just don't want to get into that. World so won't you go to relief factor dot. Com Relief factor dot, Com call one eight hundred and four relief and hopefully this will be the all natural solution for you like it has been for us and so many. Others, okay so you, know THE fbi hasn't Exactly i've been on a winning streak And i'm not sure this is going to. Help you, know THE, fbi they need a pr, makeover AND i mean they need it. QUICK i don't think this is going to. HELP fbi bosses Insist Jeffrey epstein killed himself after reviewing his.
Speaker 7: File, yeah but it's it's it's the two that did, it and it in it cash and BO i mean and and THERE i DON'T i mean those.
Speaker 4: Guys by the, WAY i saw What bongino put out over the, weekend and of all, PEOPLE i was made aware of it That Baron trump had retweeted. It are we reposted? It so what you say now about that he's Been he's not giving all the details talking About, bongino but he uh he he Called Hillary clinton? Evil he said all of us that worked her to tell he said that that's a that's an evil person right. There, well it might be coming.
Speaker 7: Off you know What trump he sent out all the people connected to The clintons that have. Died they put Up it's about a two and a half minute, video one after.
Speaker 9: Another so do you want to hear the quick beginning of?
Speaker 14: That?
Speaker 4: Right, So i'm with You adler And. SPEEDY i do agree If Dan bongino is saying, IT i. DO i do hear it, Differently and you're right in this, story he, Said i've seen the whole. File he killed, himself and he killed. Himself, Okay, Denny well, GREAT i don't know you, know BUT i mean these are pretty trust these guys are pretty. Trustworthy you don't know who's who's behind. It they may have threatened. Them, well that's. True, Okay, WELL.
Speaker 10: I just they're they're in a position where they have to be very careful what they say and they have to make sure that they are speaking on things that they have facts.
Speaker 9: About and that's just my guess as to.
Speaker 10: Why, meanwhile the president's just tweeting out videos of a few conspiracy theories in, there and some are some of these deaths surround The clintons are incredibly, hey. Sketchy some of them are a little more loose of a, connection but many of them are very very close of a. Connection and, wow there's a lot of, them rick a.
Speaker 7: Lot it's a it's a one minute and fifty five seconds of one after.
Speaker 4: Another it, LOOK i remember when we used to run this list back years, ago and it was always extremely. Troubling, Uh and you, know it's a lot of a lot of. Coincidence, yeah that goes with. ME i mean kind of like the two officers supposed to be checking on the person that's under suicide watch and then the camera fails at the same. Time, yes, yes, RIGHT i, Know BUT i Mean i'm just telling you what we.
Speaker 7: Said but, again if you'll look listen to how they said. It we, checked we read the files and he killed. Himself, okay, well the files could have been manipulated that they're reading or either that or somebody's just really good at what they, did, Right SO i don't. Know but according to the two of, them and they had that to sit down interview and and sitting there side by, side they, said, look this is what we've.
Speaker 4: Determined, okay, WELL i mean you have to go with, it and you have to take you have to, say, well that's that's what they saw something that we haven't. Seen none of us have seen. It so but, YEAH i was the thing with The clintons has always, been let's just face. IT i, mean we we've always found them to be. SKETCHY i think that's a safe. Statement and some of the things that that Bon gino has, said who actually worked on the detail with, her you can go see it if you follow him ON x he's clearly saying, it and he's saying that this was almost like a punishment if you were put on her, detail you, know if you were a secret. Service, well and he said he, said there there he's talking about. Her he did not include building, it but he said that she is she's evil and and is everything that you're thinking she is and.
Speaker 7: More, yeah WELL i believe it starts dudn't? It adler with how she even became a? Senator how it kind of they cleared the way For, yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah you, forgot forgot, that that's The yeah You're?
Speaker 4: Kennedy yeah, here, yeah is it?
Speaker 9: Quick we can hear just the, Beginning?
Speaker 4: Okay JOHN.
Speaker 15: F Kennedy.
Speaker 16: Junior he was declared the front runner for The New York senate seat back in nineteen ninety. Nine days, later his plane crashed into The Atlantic ocean and his Rival Hillary clinton was Elected. Senator Mary mahoney was A Clinton White house.
Speaker 1: Intern she knew enough of the inner.
Speaker 16: Workings Of bill's sexual advancements to be a star witness during The clinton impeachment. Trials she was brutally executed out Of starbucks she was managing in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 15: Seven in nineteen.
Speaker 4: On and, on just one after, That Vince.
Speaker 10: Foster Vince, foster that's his, Named Seth, rich the, LEAKER dnc, Leaker, Yes Seth.
Speaker 4: Rich and it's not. Good, yeah, no it's Text nation though says we need to be. Careful maybe move. ON i want TO i WANT i want The clintons to know that these are what other people saying about. Y'ALL i hadn't said.
Speaker 1: Anything, yeah it's just a weird.
Speaker 9: Coincidence we don't think.
Speaker 4: Anything, No, NO i, mean how about, this y'all have never been found guilty of, anything and that's that's good enough for.
Speaker 7: Me maybe what they're saying, is what about This greg back To, epstein the lack of attention by the. Guards maybe they knew what he would do and he did do it, himself but by the lack of attention they allowed him to do.
Speaker 4: It who. KNOWS i don't.
Speaker 7: Know i'm saying if we're throwing things on the table, here that that's one over.
Speaker 4: Here, well when when you read What bongino says and what he put, out the fact that he has in that post and how long ago he posted. IT i just saw it this. Weekend it has him sitting in the background guarding. HER i, mean it's a picture of him much, younger and he's on the. Detail you're, like, WELL i bet that guy knows some. Stuff, yeah this intense he was on the, inside.
Speaker 10: And just thinking THAT i heard that the clins would make The Secret services lives just incredibly.
Speaker 9: Difficult like you, know setting all kinds of crazy.
Speaker 4: Roles all, right we'll be back the bottom of the. Hour more to come on this edition Of The Rick Berger. Show thanks for being.
Speaker 1: With us All this is The Rick Burgers. Show america sleeps well every night just knowing these four men are on the, Air The Rick Worsis.
Speaker 4: Show thanks for being with, Us. America on a brand new, day and, now, boy we're we're starting a brand new. Week, active, active. Active what do we have a lot to? Do, Greg you AND i do want to say happy birthday. Today that's right to our niece and that for, You ken And. Reese sweet sixteen, today how about? That these are to the, twins of, course for Our, angie our. Sister these are two of her. Kids they are sixteen, today taking the driver's test. Today oh good luck, there taking the drivers test. Today got a little birthday dinner later on. Today, okay so sweet sixteen today for. Them that's going, fast BECAUSE i BELIEVE i just got hired here when they were. Born how about. THAT i remember that because, Graduation hell, yeah it was a Blake boomer's graduation and we had to get up and go to the hospital right right in the middle of. IT i remember that it's the best of the, Moment, yes the. Experience, yes and mom and dad trying to talk to. Everybodys we were right in the middle of the. Graduation how about drivers test to day? Drivers, look, no this is no, guys this is the. Thing are they listening now because they probably There earlieray to. GO i, mean we're dealing with. Twins so they're turning sixteen on the same. Day, Hey, RICK i know that's. OBVIOUSLY i just want to make a. Point these twins are acted on the same. Day what if what if like one passes there or? DONE i, KNOW i mean you kind of need both the passes both, FAIL i mean IF i mean as far as you, know just the drama of it. All, Yeah and of course this led To greg AND i finally helping our mom and getting her car, fixed which got that got the update on that cars being repaired as we. Speak, well that's something actually taking, well it took. It it took a. Lot we had to jump it. Off it took two jumps and that, goodness friends, here it wouldn't be done, Correct so happy? Birthday did? Them AND i hope to help you guys have a great. Day AND i hope both of your birthday driver's test and happy birthday to H kenley And reese today sixteen, Sixteen sweet, Sixteen sweet. Sixteen so the weekend So speedy THAT i am so. THANKFUL i mean, you as producer head producer of this show even, today sometimes you have to you have to go with. Me but when it comes over to The Man church, world you handle organizing speakers for The Man church and you, know making. Sure but but you, Know bones is kind of the road manager for, that so you don't have to get pulled into actually going with me to these. Things And I'M i couldn't have been more thankful. THIS i don't know what would have happened to. YOU i really. DON'T i don't know what you would have. Done by the, way people noticing That greg does not like to talk about two. Things The masons are The clintons he'd rather just stay away. From i'm out all. Right so you, Know, speedy you've known me for a really long, time long long, time long. Time so you know that there's some sort of indictment on. Me uh, WELL i don't know whether it's true or not. Legit my wife seems to bring it up THAT i have a tendency not to pay, attention to not be completely aware of the details of.
Speaker 7: Things you don't pay, attention but you want everything to be. RIGHT i know it's a. Battle it's probably a battle within.
Speaker 4: Yourself so you know, that you know how these in speedy knows When i'm speaking somewhere if it wasn't For Team Man, church because on my calendar it's just simply written in Pen may, Seventeenth Prattbal and that's ALL i, know, okay. Okay and and SO i actually did an interview prior to this, one SO i, thought, OKAY i know, That AND i kept trying to kind of figure out the, format WHICH i probably should have, known and you, know you have bones trying to get me to understand, it you. Know and and apparently this was this was a they're doing the, curriculum which is great Pratbal First Methodist. Church So i'm already heading into the world of The Methodist So i'm already a little uncomfortable, because you, know being A baptist it's a different you, know a different. Dynamic you, know you want to go in. There you don't want to go there throwing all Your baptist stuff around. You, know you just you want to be a good gas and you, know and it's you, know it's a different it's it's it's equal bit. Different and SO i was trying to be they, decided you, know and of course Iron hill, said, hey the new book's, out so they, said, hey we'll get some books here for the. Guys that was, great great love that got to meet a lot of great. Guys and so SO i decided because of the, books BECAUSE i ended up because it was so last, minute because you, know we didn't the book came. Out so a lot of people who've had me, BOOK i think this When i've been booked for like eighteen, Months they're, like, oh the books available. Now we didn't think about. That so, anyway y'all could bring some. Books SO i actually brought them and it was raining In, alabama So i'm, Like i'm gonna go a little, early. Okay AND i didn't know how many speakers they had prior to solo on this. One, YEAH i knew there was one Bones is checking on. ME i, Said i'm. Good the contact at the, Church daniel checking were, good super nice. People SO i just, say, Hey i'm out. HERE i just need To i'll put the books where you want me to put, them and Then i'm just come in there and listen to those speakers BEFORE i go, up so we get all that. Handled it was Storming saturday, Morning, yeah it. Was it was real. Hard. Wha, YEAH i DON'T i don't. Know you, know understand that just BECAUSE i don't know who a speaker is doesn't mean, anything BECAUSE i you, KNOW i don't know everybody who. Speaks So I'm i'm looking at the. LIST i see two. Guys they give their testimony about how the curriculum has impacted their, lives great big fans of the. Show they did a super job that was very, moving encouraging to the whole. Team and then you, know you had some some other people talking and and and SO i looked down AND i, said, well that there's a guy looks like before me whose name Is Jody fuller and first and last. Name, yeah well he's he's, PREPARED i, prepared and thankfully he has a tremendous sense of. Humor Sorry, Jody, well, no he knew this was. Coming so uh so he was there with his beautiful little daughter and AND i don't, KNOW i, Mean i'm sitting there listening to the people before, me you, know and and it's it's going. Great and So jody gets up and there was a great he served our country in the, military and he's still wearing that military. Cut and the guy left something out though in the intro THAT i thought was super super, important super, important AND i WAS i had moved from you, know as A baptist WHEN i first walked, IN i, said on the back, row it's just. Instinct, yeah AND i AND i, realized, HEY i need to move to the front Since i'll be speaking. NEXT i don't need to be keeping around through. Here you, Know, hey Where's. Rick i'm back, here you. Know SO i moved to the front to sit up there By, daniel, who's you, know my contact for the men's. Ministry, there everybody's got their man church shirt shirts on. IT i, mean it's. Great and and he gets up there And jody, says, well there's one thing that the introduction and the introduction that was left, out and that was a great, introduction and that is THAT i, stuttered oh my, god, boy shoot in the minute gutter speak in the minute he said that, speaker and then the minute he said. THAT i immediately, THOUGHT i Wish speedy was here because just to watch, you BECAUSE i would have been, like you, KNOW i would have looked at. You and the first time he got locked up and it didn't take. Long we're not talking about a slight. Stutter we're not talking about a slight. Stutter he didn't, say, oh shoot to get out of. It but the first time that he LOCKED i JUST i thought to, myself this is a full blown. MESSAGE i, mean this is probably this is probably a half, hour and it was really about fifteen, minutes but it ended up being a half. Hour, Okay, greg he thanks by the grace Of Almighty. God he has a tremendousness of humor about. It, well he probably takes it and uses he uses. It and he has some very funny stories about life as a. Stutterer that's very. FUNNY i MEAN i had some BIG i like this. Guy listen when he told the story of, well how you want to play? Quarterback and he worked so hard to be the quarterback first. TEAM i Told greg this one this, party And I'M i, mean he was, funny and he said he was all fired up and he was getting ready to drive the team down the field over five points, behind minute on the clock and all three timeouts. Left and he, SAID i could see myself being hoisted off the field Like rudy and uh and so and uh and he's you know when you get excited as a, stutter apparently it really manifested and. Uh and he, said SO i throw a completion on first down for nine yards AND i run to the referee to call a time out and he starts stuttering kick and he, says that's my last time to be quarterback right. Now he couldn't stop the. Clock we played with a stutter of rick and. Football he said he, studied, yeah he, said he studied so. Bad what he said On Santa claus'. Knee when he was a little, boy he got five. Skateboards good. One if you know that it's, funny give. Me i'm trying To i'm trying give me the style of the. Study it's it's a classic, study, okay just classic at the beginning of the word, yeah and and you know certain words hit him. Harder, okay you know boy struggles with, yeah yeah he. Does and, okay BUT i don't, Know i'm sure your that face didn't come with, It oh, yeah, yeah well, yeah he's trying to work his way through. It but let me tell you that a funny funny. Man, well we might have to get him. Home, NO i told. HIM i got. Up WHEN i got up to, SPEAK i, said, Hey, jody didn't see that. Coming needed. THAT i, said let me tell you. This our show is a show that's done by four men with speech impediments of every. Kind, yea we are missing a. Stutter, Yes AND i, said if you could report to the Studio, Monday i'd appreciate. It, yeah and that you're All you're all we're missing all, right we've been you, know we even, look remember we remember the stutter we lost back in The rick And. Bubble, yeah it was. EXCELLENT i thought if we could make that right on The Rick Burgess. SHOW i found him the.
Speaker 7: Guy maybe he get his. Embrace maybe he'd give us like news. Updates but only have thirty to sixty seconds to get it.
Speaker 4: Out, YES i gotta. Hurry let me tell, you, funny, funny funny. Guy very that's. Awesome, yeah and he actually hear pay attention to his. MESSAGE i, didn't BUT i want. No, no his message was about. Communication NOW i got. That i'm just kidding at but it. Was but his comedy is WHAT i about. Communication i'm. Sorry if you're a stutterer and you're funny and you're doing a message about, communication that's So, jody what a pleasure to make. You what a great sense of humor you, have and you were, very very very.
Speaker 1: Funny this is The Rick Burgess, show god ring And america loving The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 4: Show thank You. America by the, Way jody also talking about On saturday when he talked about how when you, stutter everybody tries to finish your sentence is pretty. Funny they, try they're trying to guess what you're gonna. Say and he, said that's my whole. Life everybody keeps trying to finish my. SENTENCES i could so see you doing.
Speaker 7: That BUT i love there's nothing better that someone says HERE i Am i'm Making i'm making light of it, myself and he just it relaxes the whole room and everybody can have.
Speaker 4: Fun he doesn't take yourself serious and he gets. It and he's also served our country, WELL i mean he's he was one of those that served had stopped and then uh and then when he saw nine to, eleven he re enlisted and went back and fought. Again so, yeah it funny when he talked about how he he says that to people people. Can't he, said was in the. MILITARY i always found it funny that people who were actually sergeants never seemed to be able to spell the word, sergeant he. SAID i saw so many different versions of the worst. Sergeant he, GOES i really made fun of him to, them may meet. Lieutenant so oh really. Funny so, also so from, There, greg big celebration this past. WEEKEND i know that your Granddaughter Marion burgess had already had her official. Day but the party Was. Saturday party Was. Saturday party Was, saturday and them all together here we. Go SO i was rolling From, Prattville, alabama over to where you guys, were AND i was not gonna make it right when the party, started which led to a precious moment with your. Granddaughter now keep in mind shees turning for look at that precious and that one in the, background and keep an eye on that. One Little mary hollis back. There we're talking about. Funny we'll tell you a story on. Her but so that, bunch let me tell you how precious this. Was now there were a couple of wake up. Calls you, know none of us realize how we're. Aging and when everybody starts sending you, pictures you're, like, okay so, wow So i'm that just looks like you, know when WHEN i came, in SO i was about an hour late from this party, STARTING i KNEW i was gonna miss, stuff BUT i just wanted to be sure THAT i got there and got to see her and see the rest of the. Grandkids because getting to hang out With greg's, grandkids it's just, yeah it's it is a thriller, minute unless you try to mess With papa. Too oh, YEAH i love to mess With greg AND i love to mess with her. There, Yeah taylor loves. It AND i love to Get leeley, going you, know by the, WAY i was successful on that. One And, chandler who Is greg about his, daughter by the, way she is just Like. Greg taylor is not as much Like greg As chandler.
Speaker 11: Is you.
Speaker 4: Know taylor's actually HE'LL i don't think he'll make fun of just, everybody but but But greg And chandler will but but so so we. Didn't, now kept keep in mind that when When i'm WHEN i come on the, SCENE i mean the party has been. Rolling oh, YEAH i mean been bouncing in the bouncy. House you, know red. Cheeks all the kids have red, cheeks red, cheek red. Cheek SO i came in kind of hot after arrange something about, yeah and SO i tried to pull you, know LIKE i said, before the only person who has less responsibilities of grandparents is a great. Uncle oh, yeah ALL i am, IS i got. It i'm just fund. Zone SO i come in with just gifts. Galore it's a princess. Party and SO i got her like A, rapunzel little princess. Dolls and THEN i had they had done a different kind of party For, ellis who had His see this is when you look you realize. This this is just a little, girl and there's some old man that's brought her a. DOLL i don't, KNOW i don't know who. THIS i don't know who this old man is that is talking To. Maren. Uh but that little that little sweet little, precious little tiny little. Precious guess what she. Did she turns around and greg'sar talked about, this. Hisranddaughter. Maren she talks a, lot but she's not. Loud she keeps right in here when she's talking to, you she's just right there and. THERE i, mean she's gonna come just like. That and so So i've been down there with a. Horse. Boy, Yeah i've been down to give her the baby, DOLL i mean the. Gift and then she does. It and THEN i give the boys because Since ellis's birthday had just happened TO i come in and pace In. ELLIS i just hand them a little bag full of action figures From, minecraft just to, say used to make fun Of, hey y'all had to build a y'all had to build a bear. Party Uncle rick wasn't there that y'all did a different. Format but HERE'S i missed your birthday here as a present From Aunt shery And Uncle. Rick and then they that got them. Going SO i realized That maren is talking to me Because i've been down you see, there AND i AND i kiss her on the little head and she turned. Around she, goes look at that precious, Moment, ruther you THINK i don't love that look little, thing BECAUSE i don't know who the old man is kissing that. Kid but, anyway so so then all of a sudden she looks at. Me she goes there's still some cake. Upstairs, rick if you want to get a piece of, cake there's some cake up there for. You and there's still somez you missed the. Pizza you missed we did the, cake so there's some cake up there if you still want, something and get you a piece of cake and maybe get you some. Pizza AND i was, like it's like she's the host of the.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 4: Know AND i, was thank, You, marion thank you very. MUCH i will sure you. Were isn't that? Funny she was, like you miss when we did the, cake but there's some cake up, there and sure you know there was still some. Pizza steal some. Pizza, yeah he, tried, tried but just just the whole world wouldn't come any his right told him. Something but how did everything go with the men? Conference?
Speaker 11: That you?
Speaker 1: KNOW i was did do all?
Speaker 4: That BUT i, mean can you do an impression that stuttered from me for my? Birthday but the but, no it was it was right and what it is now they're at the age now where they can all go and play somewhere. Else, yeah you, know like a playroom or. Something, somebody so we're all doing. That, well somebody Get, baron gets her finger hurt as always thinks he's in trouble for doing. It, now keep in mind That greg's little tiny, Granddaughter Mary, hollis who's two two, okay tiny in. Two she she goes with, them and then she'll come back to, us and then she'll go to them and she'll come back to. Us and, uh so she's with, us so she misses this whole. Ordeal she's not there when maryn gets her finger. Hurt ellis comes up to report to us that something's happened To mary and she's hurt her. Finger you, know we think it's possible we gonna see, blood shooting or. Broken it turns out not to be any big. Deal. Okay Uh and And, pace you, know comes up with his big expressive. Eyes i'm, Like, pace what? Happens, LIKE i don't, know don't pull me into. This and so then all of a, sudden out of, nowhere, Uh Mary hollis takes control of the room to tell us what. Happened but she wasn't down. There, now there was a whole rundown, There, Mary Mary, hollis she hurt her, finger and her FINGER i, hurting and there was a hurt of her Finger we're, like, okay, okay don't, think don't think you were down? There ye, uh but didn't give us her play play and go to the Scene Mary, holly and she'll just have a conversation with. You it's pretty. FUNNY i, mean she down what what about when she when she made that declaration to her, mama and her mom, says you, know you know who's that? Over that's Uncle rick AND i miss. Him, Yeah and then she, came she, came gave me a little. Hug you missed me so but it was it was a it was a it was a great. Day AND i can't Believe marion's.
Speaker 8: Four.
Speaker 4: OH i got a six year, old two four year olds and a two year. OLD i did not busy. Busy, YEAH i don't understand Why papa didn't Like george, Straight, yeah understand. It top of the. Hour wh didn't he like gospel? Music papa does like cake, though even though he's type two dipeating.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah this is The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 13: Show you better listen, up.
Speaker 4: You, know like we, say AS i tell, you.
Speaker 13: Gotta find.
Speaker 1: The voice of reason in an unreasonable. World The Rick Burgers.
Speaker 4: Show thank you for being with Us AMERICA a brand new. Hour we've cranked out a brand new. Week thank you for all your femack for supporting the. Show we'll get some of your phone calls in this. WEEK a lot going on, Speedee greg And adler already. Here if you missed all that we've already covered, today catch it today On The Rick Burgess show archive on our podcast channel or on our you two. Channel never miss a minute on your own. Time so somebody from Text, nation which one Of greg's four grandkids seems to be the most like? Him thankfully none of, them, uh none of. Them they're still. Young we got to. Give, yeah they're they're they're all very well. Behaved they seem, there they don't seem, mean they don't seem to have a you, know they may have a temper THAT i don't know, about but, yeah they NOW i Knew greg is a little, boy and none of them really seemed to be so. Far so, far you, know maybe a little bit might have some. POTENTIAL i don't know if you can she throw? One oh, yeah, Okay so SO i don't, know but that's that's the one good. Question BUT i think that, maybe you, Know god has been good and none of the negative things That papa have been passed, on but only the. Positives there you, Go, YEAH i did. ASK i did notice. Those, Strangely greg's grandkids they don't like. Puppets, Ye i'm JUST i covered. That, yeah, yeah, Yeah so we, go all, right we got a couple of things to update you. Own AND i know we've hit a couple of things, earlier but we haven't hit this. One. Trump uh, So trump, boy he really went scorched earth On comy over the, weekend didn't? He, Yeah, Oh, Jamie comy is. Back had y'all forgotten about? Him HAD i else send the message? Out what was?
Speaker 17: That?
Speaker 4: Weird he had some seashells spelling something?
Speaker 8: Weird it was eighty Six?
Speaker 4: TRUMP i, MEAN i don't mean. Assassin what was?
Speaker 9: It eighty six forty? Seven that's where it, was so get rid of or?
Speaker 4: Kill, okay what are you forty? Seven what are y'all talking? About fifty six forty seven? About what do you even mean by? That what is? That AND i, mean where did this come? From? That did he put this? On? Something he? Did he? DID i didn't know That.
Speaker 10: Tomy posts a picture he's at the beach, evidently Ok and here it is right, here and he obviously set up the shells to look like, This so eighty six forty seven is the picture that he. Posted he said something about all the seashells look.
Speaker 9: So pretty right now or something like. That but that's so.
Speaker 4: Inappropriate so here Is trump talking about that With James comy that got back in the news over the. Weekend so here he is talking about the seashells and what all this, meant and the fact that he's THE fbi director or, was and here we.
Speaker 1: Go he knew exactly what that.
Speaker 14: MEANT a child knows what that. Meant if you're THE fbi director and you don't know what that, meant that meant. Assassination and it says it loud and. Clear, now he wasn't very, competent but he was content enough to know what that. Meant and he did it for a. Reason and he was hit so hard because people like me and they like what's happening with our. Country our country has become respected again and all this and he's calling for the assassination of the.
Speaker 4: President, obviously he apologized and said he does.
Speaker 14: Well he, apologized but, look he's a very.
Speaker 4: Boy what do you want to what do you want to see.
Speaker 14: HAPPENED i don't want to take a position on it because that's going to be up To pam and all of the great. People BUT i will say, THIS i think it's a terrible. Thing and when you add his history to, that if he had a clean, history he. Doesn't he's a dirty. Cup he's a dirty. Cop and if he had a clean, HISTORY i COULD i could understand if there was a, leniency But i'm going to let them make that.
Speaker 4: Decision so so, yeah so he, Said i'll just let those that have now now have that. Responsibility they can Investigate commie And i'll let them decide what's going to happen to. Him so, yeah that that was you talk about. Irresponsible, no no, matter you can come. BACK i can, say, well that doesn't really mean kill AND i didn't mean anything like. That you just don't do that in that. POSITION i, mean bottom, line that's a pretty simple. Answer, Okay SO i got.
Speaker 9: Way comy is such a just he's just such a. Weirdo he put.
Speaker 10: Out did you guys know that he writes like, thrillers like fiction.
Speaker 4: BOOKS i THINK i did hear something right back when he was in the.
Speaker 10: News More, yes, yes and in his most recent thriller, Book, uh it's talking about how A us attorney is trying to take down this fright media, personality popular podcast host that is vilifying those that are Destroying america and all this. Stuff and you're, like this guy's, deranged this guy is this guy is so political and he's a he's a, lefty and it's just it's just unbelievable that he was in the position that he was so THREE.
Speaker 4: A i know this is the new thing now have this is the craze now that they help that this is THIS ai baby's. THING i CAN'T i can't enough of.
Speaker 9: It he sent me like five of.
Speaker 4: These ye, Yeah i'm. Sorry everybody's a baby. Now they have these little babies and they're talking like the. People it is on fire right. NOW i was gonna let you pick the one you. Like now to the radio, audience it's just gonna Be trump. Talking, okay so you're not gonna get, it but understand That trump And elon are sitting beside each other and they both have. Babyheads. Yeah, apparently even like at workplaces now everybody is they're taking things and they're all becoming they're all using this baby. Thing the baby thing is out of. Control somebody did one on Speed yum on our. Thing yes they, Did, yes they, did they. Did, Yeah BUT i mean these are they where they talk and. Everything as a matter of, fact you, know WHEN i was on With Glenn Beck, friday AND i thank him for. That by the, way somebody on Text nation, said because you're on the, phone there was a little bit Of dickey and the admirer in you talking to. Him that's probably, true BUT i heard them talking about. It they apparently they're doing it at the. Office they keep making him And stu babies and stuff like. That so this is completely out of. Control so here's one With elon And trump and the little baby even Has trump's. Hair so, here, here here we.
Speaker 14: Go elon called, me he, said you know they're trying to drive us. APART i said, absolutely brother, said we are breaking As Donald trump has seated control of the presidency To Elon. Musk President musk will be attending a cabinet reading at eight.
Speaker 4: O'clock AND i, say it's just so. Obvious they're so bad at.
Speaker 14: IT i used to think they were good at.
Speaker 4: It they're actually bad at. It because if they were good at. It i'd definitely be. PRESIDENT i can't get enough of. It that's, funny it's. Hilarious little. Babyhead so anybody her main, line, Uh trump, abandoned you, know they hit didn't getting the old. Archer it's.
Speaker 13: Archer.
Speaker 4: Uh but you know how sometimes somebody comes out and they get a little bit. Hot you're, like, okay let's let's Let's tony bus right if you're stealing some Of trump's. Light my favorite though is three b RF K junior is a. Babyhead, okay it's a whole, minute so we won't do no we but, yeah, yeah oh, YEAH i see. It you got it all your great faith hearing or.
Speaker 18: Something you, know the problem of corruption is not just in the federal. Agents it's In congress to almost all the members of this panel are, accepting including, yourself are accepting millions of dollars from the pharmaceutical.
Speaker 4: Protecting their.
Speaker 19: INTERESTS i ran for, president like, YOU i got a, MILLION i got millions of. Contributions they did not come from the, executives not one nickel of pac money from the, pharmaceuticals and they came twenty.
Speaker 4: Twenty just goes back for.
Speaker 9: Good we played that real. Clip, yeah we played.
Speaker 20: That we wow.
Speaker 10: Even like the babies are wearing baby suits and. Stuff you ai out of.
Speaker 4: Controls tiny funny funny a Light. America let's le go unscreenphone. Calls next our first chance to check in with. You we've hit a lot. Today let's find out what's on your mind at eight eight eight the number, Six Big.
Speaker 1: Box this is The Rick Burgess. Show, okay are you ready to bring you something to the? Table?
Speaker 4: Cool, no and get on the.
Speaker 1: Show one eight eight eight Six Big.
Speaker 4: Boss here we, go unscreenphone Calls. America it's your, Turnament uh and the lines are open right. Now come on and join. Us you heard ken Osburn give you the number eight eight eight Six Big box or eight eight eight six two four four eight six nine as you are dialing, uh and it'll go, unscreen so you're gonna hear. Ringing just hang with. It fatty fifteen dot com Slash Big vox brand new Sponsor. Rick what in the world is fatty? Fifteen was that your nickname when you turn? Fifteen? No, no it's pioneering health at a cellular, level developed by a doctor in collaboration with THE Us. Navy it's the result of years of research and development to isolate the good fat that we need and put it back in our bodies to help protect us against age related. BREAKDOWNS cee fifteen is the one that is most sought. After it's the one that is the best for. Us it's the best fat see. Fifteen so they have that in a capsule and you're ready to. Go ninety day subscription get the starter. Kit as a fan of the, show you get fifteen percent off At fatty fifteen dot com slash big. Vox this is a step forward on our biological health and the aging. Process go To rick burgesshow dot com under sponsors as well to the phones we go unscreen phone. Calls, Hello you're on The Rick Burgess. Show unscreen phone. Calls go.
Speaker 21: Ahead Hey john From, Nashville Hey, JOHN i GOT i got a bone to pick with people that are naming their kids all kinds of things these, days coaching youth football.
Speaker 11: Yesterday flag, football oh. Boy and it just hit. Me if you're a biggin and your wife is a, biggin your chances of having a child is pretty.
Speaker 4: High being a, biggin, right pretty.
Speaker 11: Strong and there were are forty times probably gonna be about twenty seconds for.
Speaker 21: The love of everything that is good in, coin do not name your child the literal name.
Speaker 4: Flop what now flob flob his?
Speaker 11: Name his name is. Flop his real name is flop.
Speaker 4: F L O. B, Yes, no why, No, Way John, way his.
Speaker 11: Real name Is. FLOP i, said, HEY i, said is this your? NICKNAME i was the sub coach yesterday AND i, said is this your? Nickname he said, no this is my real. NAME i, said you want me to call you? Flop he said, yes, Sir oh my. Goodness, wow who names your kid? Flob no matter how they turn. OUT i don't want to name a kid flob against.
Speaker 4: You, Later i'm probably what he. Is he's going to change his name. Flobber we, Continue this is The Rick Burger. Show unscreen phone calls Got i'm so.
Speaker 9: Confused i'm trying to look up any culture that It's.
Speaker 4: Olive this is my last day of.
Speaker 6: School and what's your favorite on the summer memory that you had as a?
Speaker 22: Kid, bye, bye, Bye.
Speaker 4: OLIVE i hope you have a good solar. Again, hey well after yours was that year that you were kicked out of a theme park and that and your your parents almost changed your name to.
Speaker 10: FLOB i, think, Guys i'm trying TO i didn't mean to walk all over all of the olive The i'm trying to find any culture that uses that or any.
Speaker 9: Anyone and that's not a real.
Speaker 4: Name you know what that. Sounds that's something that some weird celebrity would name.
Speaker 9: It it is IN uk slang that means.
Speaker 4: Spit, well think about how close it is to The john's point of slob or flob or. Blob it's just not short for. Anything it doesn't.
Speaker 9: Exist that can't be the kid's real.
Speaker 4: Name, no he's messing with you. Something favorite summer MEMORY i don't. KNOW i was just so remember being when you say, kid we were, Teenagers, uh driving to the swimming hole where the swing was The. Armorville oh, yeah we go there every day and get on that. Swing. Yeah of, course come and find out we were swimming in the most polluted creek in the host state Of. Alabama but we didn't know. It we didn't know that at the. Time, no we did. Not, yeah that was away, fun you know what we didn't of course old. Swimming our parents didn't have the kind of money for us to be jet. Setters you. Know as, kids we were just thrilled that school was. Over, yeah and in summer meant that there was you, know And i'm the po seasons. Passed that's WHAT i was. About, say season pass to the public pool was probably my favorite. Thing, yeah you went out there every. Day you guys were out there because nobody's parents had money to go. Anywhere how about. This WHEN i grew, UP i did not know one wealthy. Person not only did were we not. WEALTHY i didn't know any wealthy people even in my anywhere near my. Circle and so we all pretty much knew we were going to be out at the public pool all, week all, summer and we loved it THAT i went. By not too long, ago they've taken the diving boards, DOWN i guess Nowadays worths game when we had a three Meter, oh it's, fantastic then two low dives and the dive pool was about eighteen feet. DEEP i mean it was. Great we continue unscreen phone. Calls you're on The Rick Burgess. Show go, Ahead Hello Rick Burgess, show you're on the. Air go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, YES i just wanted to say tomorrow my youngest son graduates, kindergarten and then my oldest, son he's going to be graduating high school with honors from me follow high.
Speaker 4: School, well how about this one of those a big, accomplishment the other one not so. Much BUT i mean but it's. Special two ends still, special two ends of the Spect, yeah we Continue Rick burder's. Show unscreen phone, calls go, Ahead.
Speaker 22: Hi, greg mm, hmm that sounds, Good Jamie johnson wrote For george, Straight so choke on that peanut boy.
Speaker 4: Again Jamie johnson had to ball him. Out he just be standing there by the. Way did you know That Hank hill left you a? Message you know? WHAT i? Did have that. Coming you're so offended THAT i don't like a singer you like it as to that point you need you must have a good. Life if that's your worst. Problem here we go eat.
Speaker 1: It release cracking case.
Speaker 4: Standard he don't like the same SINGER i. Like oh my, gosh my, goodness unscreen phone, calls you're on The Rick birders, Show go. AHEAD i really don't like him.
Speaker 12: Now, YEAH i wanted to make sure and do another welfare check BECAUSE i Know greg is getting emotionally ready for The earnhardt documentaries that's coming out this.
Speaker 4: Week what day Is?
Speaker 1: Thursday Thursday?
Speaker 4: Time, yeah what Platform prime.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be.
Speaker 12: ON i think it's gonna be on An Amazon.
Speaker 4: Prime oh, yeah look You i'll be all over. THAT i think it's like three. Episodes imagine the state That greg will be In.
Speaker 7: Friday that AND i saw on a new new movie release releases or. Whatever did you have y'all seen the movie documentary on Led? Zeppelin, no, YES i saw the trailer on that AND i, said that Is Greg.
Speaker 4: BIRD i want to see. It matter of, fact was gonna watch it the other, day got. Distracted you don't believe. IT i watched this? Weekend what? PLEASE i am honeymoo? Boo OR i was honey boo the movie about that and it was. Terrible it was so. Terrible it was a. Lifetime it was a movie about her and her mom ripped her money. Off and you, know My, June i'm A, june didn't handle. It. Well you watched a movie boo? Boo, yeah what's wrong with?
Speaker 12: You never?
Speaker 4: Know and then she would narrate It Alana wood honey boo. Boo, no she, did look at wait is it a?
Speaker 9: Documentary it's a.
Speaker 4: Movie but she'll she'll shocking part to. Start but, no it's a movie about how like her mom took all of her. Money, greg how old is she? Now she's, uh she's in, college says she's gonna be a.
Speaker 9: Nurse but did they have a falling? OUT i didn't know.
Speaker 4: That, like did? They? YEAH i think her, sister one of her sisters ended up taking custody of. Her great let me tell. You that's WHY i make this. Clear Greg burgess knows that Honey Boo boo's in college and is studying to be A WELL i just watched the. MOVIE i, Know, greg that's. Why that's how it was a terrible. Movie it wasn't good at. All Rick burgess show unscreened phone cast to.
Speaker 23: Watch, Hey, RICK i live here In, pravil AND i know that you came here AND i THOUGHT i saw you at the gas station until your double ganger made a beeline to the cooler and grabbed a case of cooler's Light AND i, said.
Speaker 12: Man rick goes out the.
Speaker 4: Party you know what that, was honestly, Though AND i don't know about time. Traveling that could have been me from the. Eighties, Yes, SUE i jumped one or let's face. IT i was speaking To methalis. Methods now that that was not. ME i didn't stop to get any. Gasoline but by the, way in the, day back back during the bullet, days the silver bullet was my. Choice, yeah, yeah the Bullet now we ran the mullet. Friends, yeah, hey old. Friend, Hello, Hello so got on my Drinking george And i'm. Ready, yeah that's that's Old. Rick though it might have been a ghost from Old. Rick they jumped times, somewhere somebody, Said Brent Parr, Netflix i'll tell you that it's coming. Out, really this is going to be an emotional. Week bottom of the.
Speaker 1: Hour this is The Rick Burgess, show still denying any involvement in the Food fight of nineteen seventy. Nine rick Burchess on was.
Speaker 4: To, me all, right so we're. Back thanks for being with Us. America update you on a number of things. Today our thanks To Glenn beck and The gang Are BLAZE tv brethren for allowing me on the Show friday to talk about the new, Book Men Don't run in The. Rain it's a book About greg and my dad and some of the incredible stories and influence of a true, original a one of a, kind and the book is doing, really really, Well so thank all of you for, that those of you that are using The amazon, option it's really. Climbing keep in mind the things we're seeing On amazon, too do not include any of the purchases that are going through our, links like the sign copies and things like, That so be sure and go in there and do some reviews and all. That that's always helpful too to help it climb and get into more people. Hands As dad's influence now going places that it has never gone before through this. Book so we had a great time With, glenn SO i thank him for. That and then Today i'm scheduled to be on With Paul FINEBAUM sec network and his radio network and we'll be talking about the book again. Today glenn They adler was showing it to the tubers in the. Break they have the Interview friday, archives so you can go grab that or if you're, tuber you're seeing it right now and listening to it Because adler's been playing it in the. Break so that was. Great And i've been on a ton of podcast some of those ARE i think we'll probably drop this. Week so this Week i'm doing one, Show Fine. Bomb i'm doing four. Podcasts i'm teaching The Wednesday bible, study and then of COURSE i got to get ready to Teach Sundy school On. Sunday so with all that going, on there is not A Strange encounters episode this. Week we're gonna let these two episodes that are. Out there's two. Episodes, now we're gonna kind of let those simmer a little, bit and then we'll do another One Lord willing next. Week but this weekend episode Three tales from the Camp house The Burgess Bass. Battle that episode will be on the YouTube channel this. Weekend we're all nervous because we can't remember what we. Do no brought that up in that he's one percent, right RIG i want to let you Know i'm also working on the. Book it's About George. Strait it's Called The Trouba. Door it's kind of bogged for. Them, So, greg you've Upset Hank. HILL i, mean you've upset so many. People, yeah AND i Love Hank hill and on the cartoon THAT i, Like, yeah as an, adult really and, right and now you've upset a. Cartoon you upset a lot of, people you always. Do but but The George straight thing may be the most upset he's ever. MADE a Mask i'm getting going On Alan. Jackson oh, yeah, who by the, way has, retired, right, yeah we have a story about that. TODAY i think he did the last. Show i'm, like, Okay, greg but here's, hey.
Speaker 17: Hey greg heard you were talking bad About George strait the other. Day let me tell, you, boy you can talk bad About, heggy you can talk bad About. Bobby you can talk bad about propane and propane. Accessories when you talk bad About George. Strait it's go, time. Boy so.
Speaker 4: Good that was.
Speaker 9: EXCELLENT i really.
Speaker 4: Appreciate thank, You. Josh oh it was.
Speaker 7: Good if he had not he got to going on off air round About Alan Jackson.
Speaker 4: Friday That i'm giving my opinion of any. Classic, okay you can let people bully. You that's. Fine. Huh everybody's all, though, right that's good. Though AM i gonna listen to his? Music is that what you're asking? Me? Now? Chatoochie maybe the worst. One Alan jackson retires from touring after thirty years on the. ROAD i thought, AGAIN i thought he had already. Retired Alan jackson discovering WHAT i did three decades long? Time so uh the the? Uh so, There so there you, Go Alan, Jackson, greg you have nothing to say about. HIM i HOPE i won't give him much Him and let me just say, this him And george straight are similar in their style and there. Right, yeah so y'all figure it.
Speaker 20: Out country's gone country you don't like you don't Like George, jones Like Alan, Jackson GEORGE i.
Speaker 4: Did i'm not saying anything else you said the. Others you've already said.
Speaker 9: That, yeah we're just.
Speaker 4: Quoting so you're gonna let, PEOPLE i, mean just shut you. UP i guess. No it ain't That i'm trying to be respectful for these. Legends are you? Were you weren't respectful to everybody got on you about. It, yeah SO i guess she's. Scared come on this, way if he does, Retire i'll not know. IT i won't. Notice so you're, saying if people get upset with you'll be. Quiet, NO i can't stand at In jackson. EITHER i got it by the way that this goes to the text option and Said, rick the reason why Other greg's grandchildren are like him because they don't have you as a big. Brother that's a good. Point, yeah that's a good. Point, Yeah and it's not somebody SAID i just dislike country. Music, NO i, LIKE i like some of, it but we've never been huge country music, fans and we've owned. That you Like Garth Brook, yeah seen him in concert. TWICE i, mean why WOULD i spend money because your wife wants to. Go, yeah well that was part of, it probably the main part that it was. Good that was real.
Speaker 12: Good.
Speaker 4: OH i wish you would have. Seen one of my kids discovered it was Young. Broadery he, discovered you, know he's. Married now he shouldn't, know BUT i know HE'S i know he's only been married a little over a year or, so but he was surprised on that artist. Thing sherry was playing Some Norah jones music and she, said we know your dad AND i went to See Nora jones in concert and he just whipped his hit her and he, Said, DAD i, said, What but he goes you went to See Nora. JONES i SAID i, did and he, goes do you Like Nora? Jones AND i, said that's not that's not the. POINT i, SAID i don't mind hearing a song or two from her plays the piano pretty. Well it's a laid. Situation your mama wanted to, go AND i took her on a day as long as not of your. Life, yeah it. Was you, know you don't think an artists like that has some of me? Songs, yeah, boy but because you haven't heard many of, Them yeah you knew COUPLE i. Did, YEAH i didn't know Who Michael boublay was until she took. It she took me into the world Of Michael boublay as, well find myself kind of liking him the person. Though oh, yeah he seems like he might be fun to hang out. With. Yeah i'm not a Big american standards. Guy, no it's not my. Thing BUT i had a great time with the. Concert so that's the reason Why i'm SAYING i don't think you go into the concert married To lisa really speaks to. You Liking Garth, Brooks that's All i'm. Saying, no But i'll tell you the. Difference both are huge in the country music. World those two. Are they don't get no. Bigger you just watched the video of each one of them's live show and tell me what you'd, say and here we. GO i, Mean george is glued to the. STAGE i just want the. COUNTRY i just want the country music nation to. KNOW i didn't think it could get worse. Today it didn't. That greg just said out loud that he Likes Garth brooks Over Alan jackson And George. STRAIT i thought somebody just Asked Vince, SKILL i do Like Vin.
Speaker 9: SKILL i thought you were more of A Chris gaines.
Speaker 4: Guy, Greg, well you, know.
Speaker 9: Is Chris gaines episode all? Disqualifying JUST i just.
Speaker 4: Pretend, that pretend they pretend that didn't. HAPPEN i will say, this there's some songs on that record that aren't. Bad, Greg what is this? Guy I'm Chris? Ganes that was. Weird i'm, Sorry.
Speaker 10: Garth i'm sorry that The troubadour doesn't tap. Dance, Also, greg, my.
Speaker 4: Seriously because the group you're, from and you're just doing this because you think it gives you. Credibility there he goes, again just like you are with some of the other. Ones here he goes. Again he's a he's on that track. Again so she's gone?
Speaker 9: Country, Greg, Right so great?
Speaker 4: SONG i kind of.
Speaker 9: Right what about five O'clock? SOMEWHERE i know you love that?
Speaker 4: One that's too? Hokey what About Dye?
Speaker 9: Betty that's a fun?
Speaker 4: One like like that long? That did you Like Clint? Black, hell he's, OKAY i. DON'T i don't hate all this. Stuff Travis. Tripp, OH i Like Travis.
Speaker 9: Tripp, yeah see there's some of that.
Speaker 1: STUFF i like.
Speaker 9: Him you have a heart somewhere in, there.
Speaker 4: Right an? Opinion just he doesn't Like George. Strait he. DOESN'T i, know he doesn't talking about as a human. BEING i was talking about as. MUSICALLY i listen To george got me going, again and here we go As i'm passing what COST i want it? Back let me let me say BECAUSE i Watched Kenny, chansley there's some of his songs all.
Speaker 7: Like so let me get this. Right you Like Honey Boo boo and a Thousand pounds, sisters but Not george Or.
Speaker 4: Allen, yeah okay that's from text, Now so you're telling me If Honey Boo boo was on much more than a thousand pounds and their whole if you watch the movie Of Honey Boo, boo don't you know you're not gonna let you side stuff that we're making ten grand. Episode you have the joy you clicked On Honey Boo boo and watched. It oh, yeah it wasn't enforced on. You so you Watched Thousand Pound sisters And Honey Boo, boo and of COURSE i know The Mountain. Dancer if you have chance to see those three, things or See Alan jackson And George strait together as double, headliners you would go with a Thousand Pound, Sisters Honey Boo boo and and The Mountain. Dancer, YES i got this white trash. Thing this can't. Help but watch what If george straight med a cameo on a Thousand Pounds. SISTERS i know that you like his, acting, yeah and that's. True he is a great. Actor at least he gets to do that after he retires from. Music by what some of you are saying That garth, politically, guys every artist you listened, to with very few, exceptions they're all. Leftist, yeah so this wouldn't go down that. Road you Like reeve, McIntyre, yeah.
Speaker 12: She.
Speaker 1: Does he is The Rick Burgess. Show he has Known Greg burgess for his entire. Life not.
Speaker 24: Upset Rick, Burgess Hello, america thanks for begining with us again today on another edition Of The Rick Burgers.
Speaker 4: Show episode Two Strange encounters came out this. Weekend if you haven't caught, it it's our new podcast With BLAZ'S tv about spiritual. Warfare great interview With Blake prime you don't need to. Miss, also another episode Of rick And Bubba's Greatest hits In Radio gold episode eighteen came out over the weekend and joined those best moments from the thirty one years of The rick And Bubba. Show and of course we've got a lot going on again this. Week i've got the honor being on With finebaum later this, afternoon and some of you have been, ASKING i want to just emphasize again if you're trying to get a signed copy Of Men Don't run in The, rain and that's only available with the links that we have On rick burgershow dot, Com themanchurch dot com Or burgessministries dot. Com but when you use that, link there's still two, links the one in red that says click care for signed copy because some of you may want to buy it off those websites and not get a sign, copy so that both options are, available so look for the red hyperlink that says signed. Copies some of, you unfortunately confuse, that and we'll try to make those rite as best we. Can the overwhelming majority figured it, out but just wanted to make sure that you intentionally do, that And i'm gonna be signing some more this, Week so thank you for that. Response and of course that's that's gonna be limited time because we're doing that just For Father's. Day, okay so some more things to talk about. Today Aaron. Rodgers Aaron, rodgers where would he?
Speaker 19: Land?
Speaker 4: Speedy you had said this before The jets And Aaron rodgers the, Split you, know it's. Official we knew that In. February came. EARLY i thought they were going to be with him a little bit. Longer it's been reported that he's drawn interest from The Minnesota, vikings which would be weird since that's Where farv, Went Pittsburgh steelers and a few other teams that we talked about that In. March The vikings have announced they're going to move past their discussions With, rogers so now The vikings are. Out it says that he just visited The steelers, facility and multiple outlets are reporting he met with the team's coaching. Staff rogers has yet to decide if he will continue HIS nfl career in twenty twenty five or step away from the game. Altogether people think that he if he, stays he's going to be with The, steelers and a lot of experts think that that'll be a perfect place for at his stage of the. Career that would be a nice Little who is that The steelers now at? Quarterback So wilson he's, gone right AND i know justin what's his? Name And phil he went to The. Jets he's. Gone who is? There that's a good. POINT i don't. Know Bobby, brister who's? There the Great? Bubby do you remember? That? Oh, Yeah Greg? Guard did The beard guy come back out of? Retirements Fitzgeral, Fitzpatrick it's? Magic is It? Fitzgerald what's his? Name?
Speaker 9: Fitzspatrick is It?
Speaker 4: FITZMAGIC i don't. Know we're not thinking of. Somebody.
Speaker 10: Somebody steelers Quarterbacks Will, Howard, Mason Rudolph, Skyler thompson uh are are on The steelers roster right?
Speaker 9: Now what are the?
Speaker 4: Same perfect? Place, Yeah? Howard The steelers need like a transitional. Year put the wily old veteran back, there see what he can, do and then be working with a younger, guy don't y'all? Think?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so the author of his Biography out of The, Darkness The mystery Of Aaron rodgers he's the one weighing in here and he, uh he thinks that verbally behind the, scenes not that he guaranteed, it but he's told The steelers that he would like to lay for. Them he, said he just don't want to go there and missed part of mandatory mini camp because of my personal. Issues end. Quote he said he did not want to do what he did with The jets where he missed a portion of. It he, Said i'm pretty Sure i'm going to Be it's going to be resolved by the end of may or at least they feel that, way so a decision could be coming down within the next.
Speaker 4: Week good, idea, guys does everybody Think rogers is going to play next? Year you don't want to leave on a bad, note BUT i mean you also don't want to tamper with the. Memories, YEAH i, know, guys happened so many.
Speaker 10: Times you know when he ran out with the flag and then just tore his.
Speaker 4: That was almost like a. Son that was not. Good so we will.
Speaker 7: SEE i think mandatory STARTED i think On june, tenth and that felt like he'll be in The steelers uniform by, Then BUT i don't.
Speaker 4: Know Bruce springsteen ignores question About trump feud while signing. Autographs so apparently we serve the little speech that he, did which by the, way got a spattering spattering of, applause uh none. That we were, Like, okay the audience is not really with you on. That But I'm Bruce. Springsteen you're supposed to, WRITE i sing songs and. Stuff. Yeah so he was doing an autograph session and now people wanted to ask him about the feud With, trump and and he he just moved. On he would not answer the, question started laughing and just, said, HEY i was gonna keep siding. Autographs by the, way this is where you have to watch. Reporting you, know we talked about how journalism is. Dead. Now we all watched and listened to that this clip On. Friday, CORRECT i DID i dream that well when he ranged everybody when he gave his little. Speech we did listen to. This listen to this the crowd After springsteen did his uh, tirade he, says the crowd responded with. Applause we watched it and heard. It it was a. Spattering, yeah there.
Speaker 1: Was a little bit of go.
Speaker 4: Nuts, ALSO i did not know, This. GREG i know you've kind of gotten Into. Indy uh into the open wheel because Of? Netflix oh, Yeah formula. One, yeah but this is. DIFFERENT i know the indie is not, saying but it is open. Wheel Uh scott McGlaughlin, McLoughlin, yeah DID i say his? Name this would be a video nine. Video i'm, SORRY i forgot to look at there's a video on this. One so he slams into the, wall flips the car in the air during a. Practice uh that's, right that's this. Weekend, yeah and big time, crash you, know as they're getting ready for the pole day. Qualifying so here it. Comes oh, buddy.
Speaker 7: Just he kind of loses it. Back hey the power now born And i'm on my side.
Speaker 4: And H i left rear just. Pogoed it's still in the.
Speaker 8: Air how's it landed?
Speaker 4: Yet there it is goness didn't land on. Him, yeah that's the hard sale of an. Accident debris. Everywhere that's a tough one right, there.
Speaker 9: Y'all yard sale of an accident is a good.
Speaker 4: Line how do you?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: That actually is pretty good From Text? Nation. RICK i got a sign. COPY i actually knew where the link was finding it with no problem looking forward to getting. It when would those go? OUT i will tell you. THIS i know this for a fact BECAUSE i was There. FRIDAY i was signing more On, friday and they were planning over at Iron, hill all hands on deck this. Weekend we've got to ship these things, out so it probably they're probably going out. Today now they're still behind by. ABOUTS i don't know how, many but we the first two batches are, gone are ones, gone AND i think some of those people have already got, theirs and then there is a batch that should go, out and it was another three hundred and something, today and Then i'm signing some more this. Week so there you. Go so it should it should be pretty pretty. Soon yours is probably in the bunch that went out. Today another thing that these weight loss diabetes, drugs you, know this is the. Good there's a lot of good with, these and we always want to report when there's some good. Things but you also got to be aware that anytime we're dealing with, pharmaceuticals there can be there's potential for some kind of side, effect and usually we have to decide is the side effect worse than the benefit our is the benefit better than the side, effect and we make those own. Decisions hopefully with the doctor and. Yourself so they're saying the weight loss, drugs the ones there for. Diabetics you know THAT i can run the list with. It that's your, ozipys your, what govi's your SOME i can't pronounce. It says that we are seeing that there is some research that they can cause behavioral side, effects meaning behavior changing from a mental health, standpoint negative mood changes in, patience that and. Depression they're starting to see some of, this so just you, know it's. Ongoing certainly we're finding that these drugs do a lot of things that seem to be very very. Positive but you, know some people had some issues with them from you, know their intestinal. Track now it looks like some some mood, swings maybe some mental health side effects affecting. Behavior uh SO i heard.
Speaker 9: Some of the women that lost. Weight uh some of the side effects where they were starting to get.
Speaker 10: An attitude and not letting the guys have a chance that they used, to which is, terrible.
Speaker 4: Horrible they suddenly have a. Qualifier, yead what else that was?
Speaker 1: Bad this is The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 15: Show, well gilcome to The Rick bird just show.
Speaker 8: Broadcast sting from the Reg world.
Speaker 15: With Steed Greg adler And Rick. Berges buckle, Up. America it's time for the shoes Singing.
Speaker 4: America welcome to the Rig Bird. Show everybody singing broadcasting from the Rig. Work come On america With, Steed greg and Learning Rick.
Speaker 15: BERGES a buckle Love.
Speaker 8: America it's time for the.
Speaker 4: Shoes see another hour has. Begun and the fact That George strait actually did this song for. Us Now greg's made a dolphin H it is a brand new. Hour thank you for, ma thank you for being with. Us our number eight eight, eight the number six big. Vox Rick burgess is the. Website, Speedy greg And adler are here for another. Hour you know, what what a great idea from Text. Nation what if the Book Men Don't run in The rain became so big they decided to do a movie about it And greg played? Dead who there you? Go well you talk about perfect. Casting, YES i Think i'd be. Qualified, yes, YEAH i think. So and you're starting to look more and more like. Him it's the years go. By so there we. Go a couple of. Things did y'all see this over the? Weekend first of, all This Mexican navy, ship it looks like it's looks like it's some sort of. Vintage oh this is. Weird this is not like a current navy. Ship is? This what's The Mexican navy doing on this particular type of? Ship it looks like something from A pirates of The caribbean.
Speaker 9: Movie it is a ventage.
Speaker 10: Ship they were doing like training exercises and a display showing off The Mexican Navy mexican heritage.
Speaker 4: In, brooklyn, right, yes, Yeah, greg they did no one that. Happened did no one think about how? Long how tall the masks are on this ship and how low The Brooklyn? Bridge is this The Brooklyn? BRIDGE a? Bridge is The Brooklyn?
Speaker 9: Bridge?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah? YEAH i mean it killed. People it killed people an.
Speaker 7: Academy training, vessel, yes and there's been one, death BUT i got two people.
Speaker 1: Too.
Speaker 4: People WHAT i don't understand, though why are we training on this type of. Ship that ship's not going into battle Unless Davy jones comes.
Speaker 10: BACK i, mean it couldn't have been. Worse there were people up there harnessed in amongst the.
Speaker 4: Sales standing on the. Mast it was it was a cool. Presentation but what happened.
Speaker 9: And evidently they lost. CONTROL i don't think they were supposed to go under the.
Speaker 10: Bridge, okay from WHAT i can, understand BECAUSE i mean there was no clearance and this is the this is the shot, beforehand and this is how it was as it was going a hit. There, yes there was in it when they, hit. Y'all it is horroring and unbelievable and on a. Boat and because it was such a, spectacle there was tons of people In New York city, watching you, know people In, brooklyn people all. Around uh and and people are going to take photos of a huge vented ship with a gigantic flats going.
Speaker 4: Wrong, yes they. Stopped they said that they that they lost, power but the power was like it's own to. Me and all of those lights up top that you see people are. People, yeah it drifted off course and then hit the bridge coming down and then starts knocking the mask down with people on, it and then of course under it. Too you got problems with look and look and then all this starts falling.
Speaker 9: And people are just dangling from the.
Speaker 4: Stream oh my.
Speaker 10: Goodness yes they're harnessed, in but they're just hanging there. Around unbelievable on the scale of.
Speaker 4: It, RIGHT i, mean this thing is. Gigantic is that a tug? Boat it's like the.
Speaker 10: TUGBOAT i think the tugboat tried to come in and rescue them and they couldn't get it to happen in. Time and it's almost like they hit the land right here, too. Y'all this boat was out of.
Speaker 4: Control so, right of, course the The democrats have come out and said this Is trump's. FAULT i Don't we'll have to wait and see how they tell that.
Speaker 7: Together, well that's Because schumer tried to indicate that the inadequate staffing of The coastguard's vessel traffic services is one of the reasons why this.
Speaker 4: Happened of, course you know they're looking for. Anything i'll tell you how it. Happened you've got a ship that can't get on a bridge and it went under. IT i mean that that's what. Happened so, anyway they, said THE Us Coast guard has been fully. Supportive and additionally they say this had nothing to do with the vessel traffic. Services they, say.
Speaker 7: When a ship loses propulsion and a high current area vessels they engage and and and you, know basically it was a comedy of. Errors sadly that lost two, lives but that it had nothing to do with it so that the hiring free the. Current it was never supposed to go under the.
Speaker 10: Bridge, no you, know there is no clearance there by any any.
Speaker 4: Stretch experts have ISSUED i don't know who these experts. Are experts have issued urgent mourning over one thousand foot tall mega tsunami that will hit parts of THE. Us and they asked the question in the, story is your hometown at? Risk they're Saying california obviously at, Risk, Alaska. Hawaii they, GREG i know that right, NOW i know what you're. Thinking, NO i know what you're. Thinking too far away to be, honest it ain't in the, Golf i'll say. That that's, right you're talking about the golf Of. America, now, again this is just a, prediction and they're saying, that you, know if you're in these three, states could be a. Problem in The West coast is obviously a. Problem AS i. Mentioned, uh they're saying that they're they think that they're the conditions are favorable for a mega. Tsunami so it's well, again it's just it's it's fear and. Discontent it's just like we got to come up with. Something think about. IT i want you all to think about, it and you, know maybe this's turned out to be SOMETHING i hope. Not but do y'all realize doing this show just in the this this show is only in its fifth. Month, hey we hit show one hundred On, friday don't we? Addler yes we? Will, Okay, well, one do y'all realize how quick we cranked out one hundred? Shows it's a lot of, words a lot of, WORDS a couple of, mispigs, sure some big and some big, ones but a hundred big. Ones that's one hundred. Shows but do you realize how many headlines we've picked up end of time headlines and have any of them panned? Out it's but WHAT i like About america right, now it's almost like the pandemic we. Got we got to do so much during the pandemic on so many. Things you can't really get, us and we're probably now susceptible to you giving us a true warning that we should be concerned, about and we won't paying. Attention that's the problem with you, know not being. Truthful but so, anyway they're they're saying these three states could face. Devastation uh if if the tsunami really does, hit, well, yeah if it, Does but What i'd like to know is it going to uh if it? Does absolutely, Yeah so there you, go you, know And i've even noticed that in the weather stuff, Too like you, get you, know you have the weather app that updates. You of COURSE i Use SPAN's weather app BECAUSE i Love. Span but the counties and everything are so. Big LIKE i was getting ready to go to church On sunday, MORNING i get this big alarm on my phone, warning, warned warning severe, Thunderstorm take, cover look for, debris, flying, debris trees, down eighty mile an hour. Winds and of course that never came to my. HOUSE i know it came to some. Places but there was the funny moment was When sherry came downstairs, says did you see all the hell out here on the? SIDEWALK i, Said, BABE i. DON'T i don't think there was Any. Hell, No, no there's some out there that means big as a golf. BALL i, said, baby, hell the biggest golf. Ball we need to go check the, Truck we need to check the. Roof, no, NO i can see. It she was upstairs looking out the. Window we walked out, there it's leaves blown, off there's leaves that have fallen on their back and they look white laying there on and she thought it was. WOW i did, think but when you get these, TERRIFYING i, mean it wasn't saying it might. Happen it was saying my, HOUSE i needed to take. Care it was different than like National it was like an emergency, alert. Right they would telling me De brie was about to start flying eighty mile an hour. Winds of, course none of that havevere thunderstorm. Warning that's WHAT i got To.
Speaker 10: I've GOT i got some footage for. You my parents own and operate the Barnet Shady. Lane it's a wedding venue here in town near.
Speaker 4: Oh little shameless, plugs.
Speaker 10: Shameless my dad recorded this video at the. Barn please look at this tree that, fell and there's, audio but look how close it fell to their.
Speaker 4: House oh that was really.
Speaker 10: Close this is actually the a house on the. Property this is the groom's. Cottage it's a wedding. Venue LIKE i, said so you got a grooms cottage where the Groom brody was.
Speaker 4: Married that WAS i was inside there getting.
Speaker 9: Ready you've been inside. That this is a big.
Speaker 4: Tree is that's your big? Boy good grass tree that came down overnight and did not touch the. House that is. Crazy he's standing on the. Tree what storm got? In what day was? That that?
Speaker 9: WAS i guess the big the big.
Speaker 1: Boy what was that?
Speaker 4: Overnight friday night in the front we Had we had one where we, live really really early Early saturday.
Speaker 9: Morning it Was saturdays, then, yeah it Was.
Speaker 4: Saturday, yeah it was pretty. Intense all the dogs with that. One, yeah you don't THINK i was doing? Dog, Oh i'm so. Sorry pete in the. Closet oh, WOW i didn't realize UNTIL i Heard terry scream and it Wasn't jack in the.
Speaker 1: Closet this is The Rick Burchers show in a world that has gone. Nuts they are here too well to point it, Out The Rick Burchers.
Speaker 4: Show, yes, sir that's. Us that's us here for another. Week thanks for being with us in an active. Week it is so we thank you for taking time to be with. Us here's a. Question do you have the piece of knowing that your property and your family are? Secure they're? Safe, well with simply safe dot, com slash Big, vox you could experience. That we just depress of a. Button you're not just locking, up you're unlocking. Peace of, mind knowing that the people that you love and the property that you own is being. Protected with groundbreaking innovations Like Active guard outdoor, protection where live monitoring agents USE ai powered cameras to spot and engage suspicious individuals, proactively you get security that doesn't just react to, threats but actively works to stop. Them monitoring plans started about a dollar a day with no, contract no hidden, fee a sixty day money back. Guarantee do you have one of these systems? Yet now's the time at fifty percent, Off so go to sim please safe dot com slash big vox fifty percent. Off there's also a link At Rick burgess show dot. Com under. Sponsors there is no safe quite like simply safe dot com slash big. Vox, okay so. Speedy from the, weekend you we're all been. Recapping we've covered a lot if you missed it catching in the archives. Today you you said that you've discovered. Something how you've been married To. Terry i'd be twenty five years. Tomorrow how about? That, Whoah, yeah that's a big. One we've been talking about that a. Lot it's anniversary. Week that's when you're gonna have to get your wallet.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah we've talked, about you, know maybe celebrating to get away a little, bit maybe in the summertime or something and celebrate the, week of, course but you, know being able to go somewhere and stuff can't take.
Speaker 4: Days it's just it's just a mess right. Now three day weekend coming. Up, yeah, Yeah Memorial day. Weekend it's little.
Speaker 7: Tough got A stallion's Game, saturday, uh and SO i have to have that to so but it's it's.
Speaker 4: FINE i, mean we're we don't have.
Speaker 7: To go anywhere to celebrate each. Other we'll just delay that a little. Bit, Okay so but this Past, saturday.
Speaker 4: You were with The stallions On Mother's day and now on your twenty fifth anniversary. Weekend uh, yeah, okay just. Checking, yeah but this past, weekend you, KNOW i wasn't able to, go as you just, mentioned up to see my mom On Mother's day BECAUSE i was working that. Day so it was scheduled THAT i would go.
Speaker 7: Up, saturday And terry AND i went up and it just so happened to be it was on my Cousin lisa's fifty seventh, birthday so we were able to celebrate her birthday and then Celebrate mom and have a Belated Mother's day.
Speaker 4: Celebration so it was a fun. Day it was in.
Speaker 7: Early, hey we're up and out right in the middle of all those. Storms we're trying to head. North and also tied into that was a really big outside work day from me in their. House around their, house there's just so many the punch list is. Long and SO i did about you're a good, Man. Calvin Oh, NO i mean just doing what a son. DOES I i'm just trying to.
Speaker 4: Help kind of just been raining off and, on like and everything's real. Wet so the plan was to kind of leave and go up, early trying the, Rainforest, uh focus on the.
Speaker 7: Backyard. Uh and Then i'm gonna go back and do some things up. Front but and so and then you, know break for lunch and then just spend the rest of the day with them.
Speaker 4: Beside is kind of what we.
Speaker 7: Did but, uh and so we celebrating and that it's it's gift opening, time you. Know, uh and we got gifts opening up for For, lisa then gifts For, mom and then, Uh terry brought some stuff and she wanted to make some chicken pop pie and which is. Excellent, sure and then some some spaghetti for them and then they they they put that in the fridge and they got they got stuff all week, long you. Know But lisa declared she wanted double cheese pizza double not, single double cheese pizza of. Cheese and SO i finished with the, yard come in clean, up And i'm, like, Hey, lisa let's go Grab let's go grab the. Pizza, huh you, know because she can't hear. Hardy she's kind of deaf in one, air so unless she has her hearing aid and she can't really.
Speaker 4: Hear she's.
Speaker 7: Fifty it was her fifty seventh. Birthday and so do that sound like an old?
Speaker 4: Person you? Did?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah and so we jump in the car AND i sent that To adler, early just a picture of her in the, car look at the you know the one EARLIER i sent of her in the car at the. Pizza but, yeah this is her birthday, cake and so we Sang happy birthday to. Her she blew out the little. Candle it was a. Cupcake she wanted a strawberry, cupcake double. Cheese she was fired up and ready there she is the double cheese and. Uh and so then it was gift opening, time and she started trying to opening open gifts And terry sitting across the room and my, wife for some, reason she does not have the ability to speak. Up, now she, Claims i'm losing my. Hearing get, that AND i can't get it and it's my, fault you.
Speaker 4: Know And i'm, like do, what, Honey, well you just can't, hear, huh you, know and speak? Up you, know she's not a low, talker but she. Falls and that's gonna ask you is she a low? TALKER i don't. Know she's not a loaw, talker but she she just won't speak. UP i don't know what it. Is she can't get volume out of her. Voice, NOW i Don't, yes that's. It and So lisa's trying to open her. Presence she's trying to tell her one thing about it one of her, presents and she's saying Something lisa's, hi and she's, hollering And i'm, like, honey you're gonna have to speak, up and then that present there is ha and she. Can't she can't speak, up AND i got in. TROUBLED i, said you need to channel like you're mad at?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 7: Oh she and she glared over at me, LIKE i know you got more volume Because i've heard.
Speaker 4: It, okay you're saying it to. YOU i mean she gets mad at. You suddenly she's Got suddenly she's got. Volume but other times she. Won't she won't speak, huh do what, Honey you're gonna have to speak? Up you know that gift, there that was something that we sounds Like greg's. Granddaughter, YES i don't know what it, is but she won't speak. Up and even the, boys she'll be at the at the you, know doing something in the. Kitchen we got fans when we got. Water do what, well you just can't, hear can? You but just speak? Up you give us some more? Volume but what are you? Doing what do we need to mike? You my? Goodness but we had we had a good day, though, right but but tough to. Hear how? Long how? Long did how long in the? Yard did you work pretty? Good about three and a? Half four? Hours?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Done?
Speaker 4: Then oh? Yeah did you did you feel good when you?
Speaker 7: Left did you think, okay you walk out there at first and you, thought, Well i'm in the. Jungle, yes you, Know i'm literally in a. Jungle you came across, it and THEN i feel bad THAT i allowed it to get to that point because that's on. Me uh cause it's just two hours. North it is it, is but so we we uh LIKE i cut it. Down THEN i then my my, Head YOU'RE i broke. IT i don't, know it's like it's jammed. UP i was hitting some shrubs and then and she had like a metal horse and it and then it wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Go it's like it's. Stuck SO i had THEN i had to do the rest of the whole yard with. CLIPPERS i worried about.
Speaker 7: It i'll be steps, outside do you what you?
Speaker 3: Know?
Speaker 4: Speak lunch is? Ready you may get her one of those little like the belt speakers and the. Handset, yeah and micro it's something she needs a.
Speaker 1: Bullhorn the top of the hour the hour this is The Rick Burgess. Show get a signed copy of which new Book Men Don't run in The ring For Father's day by going to The manchurch dot.
Speaker 4: COM i remember on those links if you want to sign, copy it's two different, links Either Rick Burgess show dot, com The manchurch dot com Or burgessministries dot. Com if you're using that, link there's two links. There do you want to use the hyper link with just read it says click here for Sign. Coppy all, right but if you want that and we're going to get them to you By Father's, day no problem, there but you kind of need to move on. That if that's a. DESIGN a couple of things to talk. ABOUT a lot of you been waiting on episode three Of tales from The Camp house coming your way on the YouTube channel this. Weekend The Burgess Bass battle be something great you can enjoy Over Memorial day. Weekend we hope to have that up and the plan is to have that ready for you this. Weekend episode two of the new podcast With BLADE, Tv Strange, encounters is out. Now episode eighteen Of rick And Bubba's Greatest hits In Radio Gold Radio gold is also out from the. Weekend so there's you some some content that is out. There and later, Today Lord, Willing i'll be on The Paul Finebaum show on THE sec network and his radio, network also talking about the. Book we should have a, Blast so if you're familiar with that or you're already a fan Of Fine, bomb be sure and catch. THAT i Think i'm scheduled to be on it four Thirty, central five thirty. Eastern all, right My dad's already, said sent me it. Text he's gonna be glued. In all, right, okay, good so he didn't miss A.
Speaker 7: Sec nextwhile he gets, that and he is fired up about the A Sec BOSS Sec Baseball. Tournament oh that's, true and tomorrow in all sixteen teams making. It and so If i'm going it's four sessions, tomorrow all. Right If i'm going to The hoover met, today you're good so that we don't have any games. Today he's just out there, saying, here we are getting.
Speaker 4: There there might be some teams doing some, things but probably just a lot of you know Why i'm, Asking oh, yeah parking and. All, yeah, yeah SO i got.
Speaker 7: You and what TIME i supposed to about forty five minutes, prior a little early for.
Speaker 4: You but that's, fine standing, right standing. AROUND i was staying. Around, yeah but that's much Stand, No, no it's. Fine you. Know it gives me time to get. Settled, YEAH i get.
Speaker 7: It they actually like to see their, guests and they, did and now it's not like weird like.
Speaker 4: That, yeah, hey, Hey tommy Super thim is, here the master. Engineer he's got to look on his face and sometimes it concerns. Me m, hm is everything? Okay, oh he's got a. Story he's he is rubbing his hands. Together is this an all fair?
Speaker 8: Story?
Speaker 7: Oh, yeah about from this past. Weekend he's playing a. GAME i can't hear, him but he's thank you for.
Speaker 4: Translating. Yeah by the, way he's lost seventeen. Pounds, yeah for some reason to four, Days tom and your Wife terry have all gone to the same speaking. School, yeah, okay but she's gonna be mad at. Me, okay it's not a good way to start an anniversary. Week she's gonna show you how that it's gonna be when you get. Home you don't say something like that so close to twenty five. YEARS i wasn't at. IT i. DIDN'T i didn't say it in a mean. WAY i said it in a lighthearted. Way it's, like honeys act like you, know so you've just forgotten all about the woman. Filter i've said things before, too And i'm, like, really did that upset? You he went to go to that woman? Filter? Yeah all? Right so does everybody remember cheese? Whiz when's the last time you had? Cheese?
Speaker 15: Cheese?
Speaker 4: Yeah give me that? RITZ i remember as as as a as a as a chubby Little, FELLAH i get that rich, cracker you get that cheese whiz on, it and if you push the nozzle against, it make the little star come. On OH i couldn't, LOOK i could sit there's remember o townhouse? Townhouse oh, yeah and. Look IF i couldn't find any one of, Those i'd go. Saltine oh it don't matter. WHATEVER i, oh cheese. WHIZ i haven't had cheese whiz in years BECAUSE i want to actually live to be. Older BUT i may get. Some is there anything more unhealthy than cheese? WHIZZ i think you could lay it next to cheese and they, go we don't recognize this cheese aris. Cheese so here is a, video a groundbreaking new, technique right according to, Me, yes, Okay so what he's gonna.
Speaker 10: Do he's gonna almost push the cheese whiz nozzle through the, cracker so the, Crack so the cheese is going coming up through the middle of the.
Speaker 9: Cracker you're not gonna believe what it.
Speaker 4: DOES i watched this as he gys.
Speaker 10: Guy look it's now it's gonna go around in a circle and.
Speaker 9: Perfectly cheese looks like a.
Speaker 4: Little it's like a little volcano THREE d is a? Nozzle is it just coming through the holes in the?
Speaker 10: Cracker did he make A he might have pushed it a little bit in that center hole of the, cracker like.
Speaker 4: On a rich. Cracker he's going to the center hole and he's pushed some pressure up there and shot it up through.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 4: Nice how much do you like to put that right? There? Yeah, well old shirtless there kind of?
Speaker 10: RIGHT i, think, yeah he's got you, know he's got a shirt, on but his body's not.
Speaker 4: Talking about his hands and his, Shirt i'm talking about what he's. Eating it looks like he's beating of cheese With. Yeah, yeah you know someone that came up with. That and before if you would have, Said, RICK i know you never met this, man But i'm a sketch, artist describe him to, ME i would have got. Him, yeah you're the artist's building. That anybody in, here super toime. Included and she walked. In anybody in here have cheese whiz currently in a? Pantry, No, NO i WISH i. Did really did you forget about a little?
Speaker 19: BIT i?
Speaker 4: DID i forgot get some not.
Speaker 7: Real good for. You that's probably why we don't have. It so IF i go to WHEN i WHEN i make a grocery store run for. Supplies, HERE i don't do not need to get you because really you'll turn it.
Speaker 4: Up, NO i never did, that BUT i love it on. Crackers, BOY i love it BECAUSE i love a.
Speaker 1: Cracker.
Speaker 4: Crackers do you love a? Cracker and the cheese wiz always ran out before you want? It to? You that's your favorite? Cracker, No, NO i although it. Moved, YEAH i have different moods for different. CRACKERS i like all. Kinds i'm a red skuy though. Cheese i'd rather have a. Peanut BUT i, know y y'all don't like men. Butter's, yeah raw.
Speaker 7: Oysters you don't like norack like raw?
Speaker 4: Oysters you? Do, yeah here Comes. GREG i promise. You without even knowing he thinks that y'all eat oysters because you think you're. Sharp, yes.
Speaker 20: Oysters i'm an adult. Man people die from.
Speaker 4: Oysters. Yeah to, me it's not worth. It it doesn't taste good enough to taste like the. Sauce, now, somebody if somebody told me fried chicken is gonna get, you it's worth. It, Yeah But i'm not gonna die over an. Oyster here's it's not very, good and all it is is a delivery. System you're really eating a cracker and hot sauce is what you're.
Speaker 9: Eating and here's your different type of crackers. Here i'm noticing they're. Missing.
Speaker 4: Greg, well you, know he's different styles that. Cracker there's not a. Cracker there's not a cracker on that. BOARD i wouldn't eat them chicken.
Speaker 7: ONES i think we need to do this more before box eat days because we talk about things with really like and if you notice they show.
Speaker 4: Up, yeah we don't need cheese wish and we don't need cheese. Whizz we're all too old for.
Speaker 9: THAT i like chicken thighs while we're. Talking you, Know i've.
Speaker 4: Heard a lot of people go to bath for chicken. Thighs but here we go once. AGAIN i haven't tried. Them all that meant that eat.
Speaker 10: Them a million. Times, yes you, Have. Greg Every mexican restaurant you go, to you're having chicken.
Speaker 4: Thighs his, Face, greg my wife has a chicken thigh. DISH i promise.
Speaker 11: Here is.
Speaker 4: Good hear me Out let her. One we need to have you And Lee lee over let her make. That now you have a little bit of pressure because you can't say it's not good because it's my. Wife but BUT i do think you would really like. It she she bakes it in the, oven makes the skin on the on the thighs, crispy and she lays it on top of some white beans and some. TOMATOES m you talk about, Good.
Speaker 9: Yes real.
Speaker 4: Good it's real. Good one of one of my favorite.
Speaker 10: Meals and, there and they're more. Forgiving cook cook and chicken thigs are more forgiving than cooking the chicken. Breast you can make a chicken breast dry like. That, Plus i'm a thigh. Guy i'm a breast, guy the thigh.
Speaker 4: Guy, OH i will, SAY i, WILL i will go this. Far though Now i'm not saying to You greg that If i'm eating, chicken that's my preferred. Piece so you think that's better than good old fried chicken. Brea, No, NO i do not know.
Speaker 9: Everything that's not what we're.
Speaker 4: Seeing like it's the greatest food that anybody loves.
Speaker 9: Because he's smart like. Me, yeah well we're too small.
Speaker 4: Smart they just look bad to. Pack, Yeah i'll give you. That i'll give you.
Speaker 9: That and you want to check it for like bones and.
Speaker 7: Stuff so All chinese food And mexican food is basically that.
Speaker 4: You, know it's because it's. GOOD i had a bit of a communication breakdown at a restaurant after church yesterday THAT i was, LIKE i don't because you, Know i'm very picky about AND i do like this dish that sure he does on chicken, thighs But i'm just sitting down to a place something. CHICKEN i want to have white. MEAT i don't want to have chicken breasts and maybe the wing that goes with. IT i want you court of. CHICKEN i WANT i want it to be. White. Yeah and it's like the guy kind of looked at. ME i, said you, KNOW i just want to be white, meat and he just kind of looked at, me And i'm like, right and and it's kind of like it frozen for a. Minute i'm, like this is not a no one's ever asked. That it was kind of like he looked around LIKE i don't know if you can make this dish have, that you, Know AND i was, like you don't think he knew what pieces were. WHITE i think that's what it. WAS i think that was. IT i think you hit on. It i'm, LIKE i don't think he's so he means he wants to have a breast like. That i'm, like, babe he, now and then the people at the table next to us turn started. LOOKING i, said we order in. Chicken chickenry would have, breast he would. Have everybody know IF i could just See george straight eating chicken.
Speaker 8: Thumb you can do, barbecue you can do, fried you can do.
Speaker 4: It what's wrong with this? CHICKEN i ain't got to have all that throwaway. STUFF i thought you loved. CHICKEN i, did BUT i don't like to throw away. Part that's not the throwaway. Part gizers and livers do. Not we'll be right.
Speaker 1: Back this is the Rick Burgess. Show it's like eating lunch at the cool table The Rick Burgis.
Speaker 4: Show, hey welcome, Friends glad you're here again. Today so Super tom the engineer stepped into the, studio and we knew he had a look on his face like something was. Up once we established it had nothing to do with the show and it's broadcast. Capabilities apparently you had kind of an exciting. Adventure oh, great great adventure this. Weekend. Guys my this is graduation.
Speaker 25: Season oh, yeah all, right and my daughter wanted a graduation party in the, yard you, know you know, outside bring family, crawfish.
Speaker 4: Oh bowls and cross oh, yeah oh, yeah oh.
Speaker 25: Gosh, so, Uh friday, evening my good Friend James kimbell he owns Uh James Kimberll grocery there and has you if you're, there by the, way best daily in.
Speaker 4: Town oh that's shameless plugged. There SO i call.
Speaker 25: Him up and he's loaned me a tent in the past for her sixteenth. Birthday hey you got a T, YEAH i got a, tent bring it. Over So friday evening we're in the lawn and we're looking At james weather forecast and there's just a level one moderate tiny risk of a.
Speaker 4: Storm he, said that's go ahead and put it. UP i think we'll be. Fine what kind of champ we're. Talking it's sixteen by thirty, two big big. Boys, yeah it's got the.
Speaker 25: Windows so we get it put, together and, uh you, know everybody's.
Speaker 4: Happy we're. Exhausted we got it.
Speaker 25: Up So saturday, morning four thirty sleeping good after putting that tent.
Speaker 4: UP i bet you.
Speaker 25: Were and my wife tasks me on the, Shoulder Tom and WHEN i get a, AWAKE i hear the house creaking which means we have.
Speaker 4: Wind the wind is. UP i hear lightning and thundering in the. BACKGROUND i hear the, thunder SO i just immediately just shoot to the front door because this is in the front lawn and my wife's right behind. Me and now WHEN i look out the window the corner of that, tent it's about six inches to a foot in the. Air this is pouring, rain, lightning, thunder and it's before. Daylight keep that in, mind this is still. Dark SO i make out And i'm running hard AS i can toward that. Tent, WELL i GOT i got new, glasses and the ground kind Of i'm not used to them. Yet so As i'm, running all of a, SUDDEN i realize why AM i? Falling and THEN i just face. PLANT i want you to Picture tom's jumped out of. Bed he's a little bit of. Sleeping he's running into the backyard and in his drawers and he face plant a face. Plant late in my.
Speaker 25: Storm, later my wife, says, WELL i wonder why you were did?
Speaker 4: She does he want me to lay down on this? Bar is it better than? Standing?
Speaker 25: Now I'm i'm grabbing the tent with one arm holding trying to hold it back on the, ground fishing around not to step on my new glasses because they went. Flying, yeah picture. It And i've got my t shirt geat, right not well, dressed rain just. Smacking you, Know i'm not even awake. Yet, WELL i got. UP i stand on the frame And i'm holding on to the pole right there on the. Corner my wife runs to the opposite, side but she's not on the.
Speaker 4: End she's about one or two bars. In, okay, SEE i can picture it all.
Speaker 25: Right So i'm holding, on holding, on Praying, god make this wind go and just let us survive.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 4: Please we're holding in, lightning, snapping winds, blow And i'm watching the top of that. Thing and the next THING i, know we are. Elevating we're going what we are going? Up it? Is you are. Flying we are.
Speaker 7: Flying and this is not for those of you that want to know this is in a pop tint that they can just get. Down it's all connected WITH pec pipes and. Stuff there's no getting it, down, no, no no getting it.
Speaker 25: Down so we're in the air And i'm, thinking, okay at what point do we both let go and just say all right when you can have?
Speaker 4: It now we're Moving, now we are moving. Across we're. Sailing are y'all are you on a? Flight we are on a we are tent. Sailing, yes you are in the. Air there both in the. Air we're both in the. Air are you hollering at each other what to? Do or just we?
Speaker 8: Were we're not In.
Speaker 25: KANSAS i can't remember what was. SAID i remember all these. Thoughts we got. COW i remember looking at briefly looking at my, wife, thinking if there's got to be a point where we have to step off and go all right when you can have you.
Speaker 4: Don't want to keep getting higher because of the more risk of. Injury let go Of you should have already led my lovely little. Wife she might be one hundred and.
Speaker 25: Twenty IF i get off of this, tent she's gone and she won't Let she was hanging on to that.
Speaker 4: Pole well.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 25: TOP i was holding over that pole like an exotic.
Speaker 4: Dancer so, yeah of, course now you, y'all, y'all y'all make it through your. Shift so you have to let go at the same time because if you let go.
Speaker 25: And she's on the wall, side And i'm thinking she's gonna get up in this.
Speaker 4: Thing, yeah the chairs and they're laid. Down we hadn't set those.
Speaker 25: Up this is the rest of the story Is Paul harvey would say this photo.
Speaker 4: Here so we're in the, air we're moving across.
Speaker 25: The, air and then it comes down bamn hard and the tent just, collapses just on top of, me on top of. Her we're, wet And i'm, there it, is, there it, is And I'm i'm on this corner And i'm looking at it AND i can't come up with any choice words THAT i could say on the. Air my wife called me out on that. Letter she, goes you kept repeating that one, word a little bit of. Language i'm looking at, it AND i kept calling myself an idiot for not waiting Until saturday to put it.
Speaker 4: Up BUT i how? Soon how soon did you start saying that to? Yourself why.
Speaker 14: On?
Speaker 4: Saturday WHEN i was.
Speaker 25: Getting up off the ground after we, landed it was it was that, bad And i'm, going, well, oh oh, gosh look at the. Mess so you, know that, old, long slow walk back to the house in the rain with your head, down soaking, wet.
Speaker 4: And you're, THINKING i got to put it.
Speaker 25: Back i've ruined the, day you, Know And i'm taking inventory on what can't be. Fixed SO i get back in the. House this is all before. Five this is you're up. Now SO i get back in the. HOUSE i go get dry clothes. On Now i'm on the. Internet where CAN i buy a tent or rent a? Tent BECAUSE i got the party and got to have this. Party it's gotta it's come and. Off we've got everything coming.
Speaker 4: In your neighbors out of? Tent is?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 4: Well that was part of. It SO i text him at.
Speaker 7: Lunchtime or a dinner time, party it's an afternoon, part so you got some?
Speaker 4: Time, yeah laying, There.
Speaker 25: I'm looking at tent, rentals tent. Replacements who's got cleaning dog?
Speaker 4: Tent you.
Speaker 25: KNOW i came to a point Where i'm just going to hook the tractor and drag it to the backyard and set tables up in the yard and, go guys have. Fun by the, way we had lights strung through. This we all that, work you, know looking. Good SO i Text, James, james you up thirty. Minutes, yeah what's going? ON i, said you got a minute?
Speaker 11: Talk?
Speaker 4: YEAH i called, Him, james lost your? Tent? What, yeah we lost a tent this. Morning she's laying down in the front. Yard and this is Not james. FAN i hope that he, said next, thing why did you wait and put it?
Speaker 25: Up, well he AND i both had that, discussion and he, goes, ah let's just put it, up AND i, said, yeah you're, right let's just put it.
Speaker 4: Up SO i didn't feel so BUT i. DID i felt horrible about.
Speaker 25: It and, uh he, says you, Know i've got another tent THAT i loaned out and they, lost BUT i got the poles left over from. IT i, said bring. Them i've got a. Saw we got to make this thing. Work so he loads his truck up with a bunch of old poles from a previous tent that with the storm got and we got. Creative and then that other picture was after the. REPAIR i think HE'S i don't know if people put it back, up but we were.
Speaker 4: Able you fixed. It we stripped it. Down that is repaired. REPAIR i was. Surprised you, Know i've gotten a little. Handier you didn't call me to.
Speaker 25: Help, well you didn't HAVE i didn't have a chance to think about.
Speaker 4: IT i mean it was it WAS i could have got My phillip, said screw. Driver. There my wife just texted. Me she, Says i'm on the way to the. Chiropractor i'm hurting. Today so, yeah we had A, yeah you flew in a tent and threw it down on the ground without a safety. Harness is that why you're not sitting down right? Now because you're back, hurts SO i can't hardly get up?
Speaker 1: After?
Speaker 4: Okay, great well now you know what it's like to fly On spirit. AIRLINE. O top of the hour.
Speaker 1: Is The Rick Burgess. Show loaded with caffeine and ready for another. Hour this is The Rick Burgish.
Speaker 4: Show thank you for being with us, Today. America the gang all, Here, Speedy greg And. Adler as we work through another hour together and a lot to. Cover we'll get another round of phone calls in this. Hour so can you imagine the number of texts we got to now emails After Super tom's story last. Hour that's what happens when you run in the. Ring when he faced, Planted that's, right that's what. Happens is, it?
Speaker 7: Okay if he was running to something because he was trying to he was trying to save his. Tin he wasn't trying to get out of the, rain.
Speaker 4: And how and how did it end? Up you don't run in the rain tent. Selling, okay he's so, Sore, yeah he's so. Sorry he can barely.
Speaker 7: Move, Boy i'm glad you weren't helping with your. Shoulder you wouldn't have been anyhow.
Speaker 4: Well i'd been my shoulders, HERE i might not have. Heard help.
Speaker 1: Me somebody.
Speaker 4: HELPED i had a cresh and rich and a creshing wrench in A philip HEADS u screw, DO i read to go And alan rinch to well, THAT i, say those are the three TOOLS i fixed. Everything, well you do? So got me some working, boots matter of, fact got some.
Speaker 7: Boots got you some for what?
Speaker 4: For what will you be? Doing? Well you never know What i'm you, know whenever you do handywork you need to put them on just to be. Sharp walk The are you? Gone check them? OUT i wish you got. Work boots are good and. BAD i wish you would have seen my wife's. Face there's a new sponsor that's about to start on one of the many platforms we're, on and with it boots and. BOOTS i love. Boots, no do you want to tell you what it? Is let me tell you what it. Is it's a new uh it's it's it's new and it's. Coming it is some, uh it's work boots and some other stuff working folk brunt B u r N t bright but so so you, know and you got to step in. Lace so we always don't want to try products before we before we talk about. Them if you would have Seen Sherry burgess's face when those things arrived over the weekend on the, porch she, goes you got you've got a you've got a box out here by the, way person who delivered the box with all the rain right, now if you'd just walk one more, step you could have set it on the underneath the covering and it wouldn't have got soaked, wet just one more, steps if you hadn't left it right there on the, bench if you just walked a little bit further and put it on the, porch it would have been under you, know the. Covering some good. BOOTS i like to have people actually do. Work but, well picture this. Moment picture of this. Moment She he's, like, oh there's a package out. Here oh they've left it out in the. Rain And i'm, like all, Right i'll get. It what is? It it's to? YOU i, Said i've Been i've been looking for this and she's, like what is? It AND i, said you'll. See SO i bring it in AND i open up the box AND i pull up my working. Boots she, goes what are? THOSE i, said, baby these working. Boots CAN i keep them in? There you, said have been hired for a new. Sponsorship i'm gonna be talking about some working boots BECAUSE i know a lot about. IT i, said this is. Us this is for the blue collar. Folk and she, said well, that but you're not blue collar. FOLK i, said well, no but you, know now That i've started being a little more, HANDY i want to get me some working. BOOTS i, said these are these? Are these are really really good. Made the guy who runs a, company he spent his, life grew up roofing and all that stuff working with his, daddy SAID i WANT i want to get products for for other working. People there you go and she, goes so what are you going to do with these? Boots walk around outside in, them set them and put On CAN i see how they? Feel she gave them a. Farm the funniest part IS i, SAID i probably take them to the. Farm she, goes and what work do you do. There, well put them in the camp as my. One just walking around with, THEM i, SAID i, SAID i get out my electric chainsaw AND i CUT i cut the trees out of. Trails you go check cameras every. NIGHT i go. DOWN i look at the, cameras fish and stuff, around fish in, them clean a few, fish you, know If gary's not. There AND i, said, so you, KNOW i work for the. Feeders and she, goes so you got you some working, BOOTS i, SAID i, Do AND i, said AND i got them on A speedy. Special even of Course speedy's already been asked me about. THEM i know. You you're the one THAT i didn't ask about for men to try, out SO i can take about.
Speaker 1: IT i don't want.
Speaker 4: THEM i just, said let me know if you like, them Which i'm sure you. WILL i. Will reese is always looking for working. Boots. Yeah they they really do look, comfortable very, comfortable and They i'm gonna put them on.
Speaker 1: Today walk around a little.
Speaker 4: Bit that's WHAT i. Work my fine. Bomb oh, god what's stuff you pants? Down? Then? Cherry bit of this you because you already wear those, WORKS i, said, baby it's it's first of, all it's, summer AND i, Please i'm on Fine baum. TODAY i can't be. WORKING i want you wearing them with shorts on. That that's.
Speaker 14: Me you.
Speaker 4: KNOW i still want to get them overalls and not wear a. SHIRT i like.
Speaker 1: That do that all.
Speaker 4: RIGHT i know we've talked about this, earlier but, again you know how we're just not going to tolerate on this. Show this fake stuff we. Hit it was so long. AGO i THINK i can bring it up again because people are sending new things to text nation to let us see. This i'm sorry for The biden family for so many things about this latest diagnosis with the former president about prostate cancer and it's the bad kind and it's. Advanced, okay here's WHAT i can't do. THOUGH i can't take how some of the people that Are democrats, are which is. Fine you, know he'll he'll face this with the, courage, integrity always has that kind Of SO i can let all that stuff. Go here's the one THAT i can't let. Go this man has been In, WASHINGTON D. C for fifty some. Years, yeah fifty, one was the. President DO i have that? Right was a vice, preent has been the vice? President DO i have all that? Right all that. RIGHT i don't know what goofy congress. Person this was put out just a reminder always have your annual, exams, man because if they catch it, early are you do you want us to think the president was not getting Exam he's the, president he was the vice. President he said he had cancer in twenty twenty, two just to remind. Out and it is a good. Thing it is a reminder we should be getting our physical. Course and this is something that eighty percent of men will struggle with if you live long. Enough but if you catch it, early it can be you, know a minor. Setback all that's, true but it's, like, hey, yeah but it's, like but of course he was Getting you think he wasn't getting these checkups a, reminder reminder you better get those annual. Checkups but he was getting. Them he was like, saying he went from vice president to. PRESIDENT i, Mean i'm sure they had him pretty much on the. SCHEDULE. Yea why are we pretending that somehow the best medical care that our country and at one time was the best in the. World SOMETIMES i wonder if we're still in that number one. Slot but the rest of the world's so bad that we still probably are ahead of everybody. Else BUT i mean looking at the president and then the vice president and even a congress, PERSON i don't think that they don't have access to every test and every, checkup probably on a more regular basis than any of. Us, Course so what is this pretend thing we're. Playing, well, guys see there if they only caught it, early, yeah.
Speaker 10: Talking about they were planning on hopefully limping him, through and then then they Have biden drop, out and then there's their first female. President but Then biden totally dropped the ball during the debates and they had to go to another direction and that worked out great for.
Speaker 4: Him, well here's a nurse going how in the, world with all of the medical care that he has access, to did it should have never got to this, point which that's also. Strange he was living with the hell of a. Doctor according to wood back of a right, now they discovered she was a header doctor in.
Speaker 7: Education, NOW i know in our, annuals you, know we we do the the in office visits and then they do a full blood, analysis blood. Work they run it all in klesterol to say all that wouldn'tess have shown up in the blood of course you know that was.
Speaker 4: BEING i mean we all we all have family members and. Friends and then the tests revealed they had it and they caught it. Her i've got somebody dealing with it right.
Speaker 7: Now, yeah my dad had prostate, surgery cancer. SURGERY i don't know how many years ago you hear? You, Yeah, yeah it's probably been what twelve years?
Speaker 4: Ago got that so so in other, WORDS i, mean So Hugh freeze can catch it, early but The president could. NOT i mean he had, football that is, true which sometimes can be more so we'll come back and.
Speaker 9: All the things that they had, him you, know joiced up on AND i mean they.
Speaker 4: Knew they said got two scales were top.
Speaker 9: Nine they also, said, yes BUT.
Speaker 4: I really didn't Recognize George. Flint that's one of the.
Speaker 9: Few that's a huge list of things that were coming.
Speaker 4: Out by the, way you want. Secondhand listen to the audio they Released friday of him and some. Maidens we'll be.
Speaker 1: Back this is The Rick Burgess. Show get on the. Show no by calling one eight eight eight big.
Speaker 4: Fus dare we go to unscreened phone calls during this?
Speaker 1: Hour dare?
Speaker 14: We?
Speaker 4: Yes all ten lines are? Open Fire Up america we'd love to hear from. You the number is eight eight, eight the number six big. Vox that's eight eight eight six two four four eight six. Nine you can also you can also text us at that same. Number but right now we're going phone calls and if you want to join. Us, now all your hear is, ringing and then as we go through the screening, process you will hear me. Answer and WHEN i, answer that means you are on the. Air from the Text, Nation, rick give us your take on Pastor josh zip looks like a spelled like.
Speaker 1: Juice.
Speaker 4: USE i don't have any idea what you're talking. About i'm so. SORRY i don't know what that, is SO i can't give you my take on it BECAUSE i don't know what it. Is it looks like it's out Of. Georgia so, Anyway North, Alabama, kay what it's? Nothing so did we just say? Something, No i'm just reading With Greg leaving them, Long let's go to the Ultimate North alabama hunting road trip To Willow Oak. Lodge thank you to our friends At Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist. Association this is going to be a great trip to day free range hunt Beautiful Willow Oak lodge worth fifteen hundred, bucks located atop beautiful Spruce pine, mountain gorgeous area Of North. Alabama the winning also gets you all your MEALS i, know speedy you were, wondering and lodging is. Included the hunter is responsible for all the licenses and following The alabama laws that are in. Place but if you'd like to find out, more it's not transferable, either and you got to go within a calendar. Year if you want to win this great, trip go To alabama roadtrips dot, Org Alabama roadtrips Dot org Or rickburgessshow dot. Com look for the contest button or the sponsors. Button to the, phones we, Go, Hello you're on The Rick Burgers. Show unscreened phone. Calls go, ahead and You.
Speaker 12: Ben andwed it in saying way their accident or car accident or does somebody crap on your card to road? Race give us a call.
Speaker 4: Story. Horrible that's a good, one right. There, Hello you're on The Rick Burgers. Show unscreened phone. Calls, Yo.
Speaker 12: Hey, Rick, UH i just wanted to tell you how MUCH i appreciate you Mentioning Bama jay's passing this. Morning it's really hit several of us pretty, hard AND i just appreciate you doing.
Speaker 4: That, well thank you all for letting me. Know and LIKE i, say the tubers are are, very very devoted. People they got a lot of passion AND i know you guys are really, close and SO i want to be sure that her family knew that everybody was mourning and appreciate you letting me know that. Today anytime anybody that's been supporting what we do for so long passes and fortunate enough to be Doing we've been doing it long. Enough there's been a number of, them BUT i always want to remember them if any way. Possible so thanks for letting me. Know to appreciate you guys and your. Support we Continue Rick birder's show unscreen phone calls go.
Speaker 26: Ahead, HEY i was, curious so with all THIS ai that's out, there AND i know y'all have created songs and stuff like that for your intros and all, that before all that was, invented how would those advertisements and things like, that y'all getting things on the show get created in those times and.
Speaker 4: Those times you know you you artist did, it real music. Artist then it got to the point where they could use that drum machines and things like. That but it was still all done by a human. Being you, know everything that we, played the theme songs that we got through The rick And bubby years were done by real. Artist you. Know we we had you, Know Bird, Works John bird did a lot of. Those Brad ryan did The rick And bubby, theme you, know and in a home studio at home with his brother and his. Wife and, Uh Travis womack who you, know they're doing a big tribute for up and muscle. Shows, uh he recorded one for. Us we had a number of them over the, years people that would that would record them and make. Them you had to make them as. Musicians and LIKE i, said every now and then you had some help with drum machines and things like. That but Little, Milk Little, Milk, yeah he did that in the. Studio but now AND i Don't, yeah and, yes who.
Speaker 2: Was this a?
Speaker 4: Joke we don't? Laugh who was?
Speaker 15: That?
Speaker 4: Gosh but you? Asked but, now, Guys i'm telling. YOU i MEAN i literally sat down with some outstanding musicians and rightfully so they should be, paid and they were telling us what it would cost for them to do themes stuff for, us and in about three minutes per. SONG i was able to put TOGETHER ai versions that are not too bad and about three minutes each at zero. Cost so, Yeah but but the monetizing of all this will catch. Up this is how technology always. Works but for, people it'll never replace the heart and soul of a songwriter and. Musicians but when it comes to commercials and parody songs and things like, that it's about as simple as it could, be and the products are not too bad if you give it the right. Lyrics still hasn't learned, humor but it. Will, Hello welcome to The Rick Burgess. Show unscreen phone, Calls go, Ahead good.
Speaker 12: Morning i'd like to speak To adler about his extended car.
Speaker 10: Warranty that's, good, Buddy, okay thanks, MAN i almost got.
Speaker 9: Scammed all, right.
Speaker 4: All they won't they won't let it go whether. No Rick Burgess. Show unscreen phone, Calls go, Ahead hey.
Speaker 12: One, gentlemen how are you?
Speaker 4: All we're?
Speaker 12: Good, Hey just second to see if you guys have seen The Red Bull Soapbox Derby.
Speaker 1: SHOW i saw the, highlight.
Speaker 4: Heard about, it heard about, it the highlights of it. AFTER i think he showed us some highlights one. Day But i've never seen. It, no we. Continue junior is going to be, commentating is he? Really? Yeah, yeah of, course greggning That Rick Burgers. Show unscreen phone, Calls go, Ahead, HEY i just want.
Speaker 11: You guys to Sing happy anniversary to me and my. Husband this Is melanie from The last been married forty seven years.
Speaker 8: Today, Wow george got?
Speaker 4: Through yeah she got, it Didn't she finally lose the? Contest she did her last, time didn't? She she wins? Everything, Yeah well she's starting a new collection With Rick Burgess. Show now she's got all The rick And bubba. Stuff now she needs to win all The, yeah you got to win all the stuff in the store. Now, well happy anniversary to you and your, husband and thank you so much for supporting what we did in the past and continue to support what we do. Now AND i hope you'll have a great. Day we. Continue welcome to The Rick Burgess. Show unscreen phone, calls go.
Speaker 11: Ahead, well, COME i hope some move's going here from Old Gary burgers this.
Speaker 18: Morning see how his?
Speaker 21: Weekend and?
Speaker 4: Win Who Gary? Bird is that you As? Gary MAYBE i don't? Know, hey you know me And gwen ain't with storming down there at Like, mitchell and so we just kind of stayed there and watch your ringing out through the. Window ain't in the. Select uh we Continue USUALLY i enjoyed him being at. Region, wow you're loud on the just one, too you're. On turned the radio.
Speaker 1: Down it's.
Speaker 10: Speakerphone it's. Speakerphone please y'all stop calling us on. Speakerphone my, Goodness, please.
Speaker 4: You don't have to have a bad attitude about.
Speaker 9: It frustrating you got a?
Speaker 4: Cause, Hello Rick birders show unscreen phone, calls go, Ahead good.
Speaker 8: Morning how are?
Speaker 4: Y'all we're?
Speaker 12: Good, hey you can't Blame greg for not Likeing riba. McIntyre i, mean she is a little bit. CROSS i got a funny.
Speaker 4: SMILE i could not that wouldn't. ME i didn't say. That i'm just not you don't like. HER i don't dislike. HER i appreciate what she's. Done that was. Good and this does have a strange. Smile we can send You Rick burgers show unscreen phone, calls go, Ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah this Is jeff. Mythens how can we be sure That biden has cancer with all that's going on with, Him to take take it away from, him you, know to take the all the other stuff is, dementia everything else away from.
Speaker 4: Him, now you're, right you know that's one of the things because this thing of somehow they didn't catch prostate cancer at this stage as long as he's been In. Washington and even if you don't really if congress people don't have all that kind of access vice presidents and presidents, DO i mean have no doubt about. THAT i know it's, bizarre but some are asking that, question what is? Strange but what would be the angle? There LET i mean take is the attention away from all the bad. Press he's getting, Right i'll leave him, alone all, Right we'll be back hanging. There we had a little more left.
Speaker 1: Today this is The Rick Burgers, show bloodcasting from the Real, world The Rick Burgess, show.
Speaker 8: And here we Go.
Speaker 4: America so let's get you caught up on everything that's going. On if you're just now joining, us some of this we've already, hit but we'll let you. Know and so here we. Go so what's happening today? Today as of us doing the show. Today episode two of the brand new podcast With BLAZE tv On Spiritual, warfare it is Called Strange. Encounters episode two is now available wherever you get. Podcasts if you want to subscribe to that, podcast you'll get an alert when we have the next. Episode there won't be a new one this, weekend but there will be new ones coming up in the. Future there's two episodes out, Now episode eighteen Of rick And Bubba's Greatest hits In Radio, gold the best of moments of those thirty one years that we had and enjoyed of The rick And Bubba. Show that is now in a podcast and there's eighteen episodes if you want to go back and enjoy those best of. Moments so that's all ready for you from the, weekend so go enjoy.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 4: Today i'm scheduled to be on With finebaum on THE Sec network and his radio network talking about the new, Book Men Don't run in The. Rain want to sign copy of the, book use the links that we have At Rick Burgess, show we have At themanchurch dot com Or burgessministries dot. Com there's no option to get a sign one On amazon or anything like. That you have to use those links for. That and when you click on, those be sure you click on the right. Link it's the one in red that says click here for signed copies and you'll get those By Father's, day but you don't need to delay. That so coming up this, Weekend Memorial day, weekend the next episode Of teals from The Camp house The Burgess Bass battle that will be on our YouTube channel for you to enjoy Over Memorial day. Weekend so make a note of that. Content content. Content we got all that on top of every day we do five hours and that's also available to you on your own time throughout the. Week all, Right so here's a, question hey, bird and then Involves, Larry AND i Know larry was trying to. Call i'm sure today at some. POINT i don't, Know, larry if you're out, there you'll have to answer this BECAUSE i don't know the answer to. This this is From. Zach zach, said maybe this has been discussed AND i missed. It Has larry The patchman ever explained how he discovered the show and why he felt led to call and leave a voicemail in your office informing you of his patch. Collection was he A rick And bubba listener in the past that rolled over to the new show or did he just happen to discover it. NOW i just like to know that and that that's a good. Question do you know the answer to? THAT i don't think that's ever remember when he have we ever h didn't he, say, WELL i. DON'T i thought he had heard us on the. Affiliate that's that's WHERE i. Was but the question made him call about patches IS i think because THE tv did that thing on, them, Right but still we never got was he was he a spillover from that he recently when he called, it he just started listening, then, RIGHT i don't know did you know that ad or did he ever explain? THAT i don't think he, did and we've never asked. HIM i don't think what made you collect? Patches the first love patches saying what did you go? IN i want a lot of patches? Patches so if you if you're out, There clari call us good one Next Strange encounters episode And larry the patch that wouldn't be that has been a STRANGE.
Speaker 7: I don't think he new to our, life AND i thought it was for through an affiliate and he heard the show and then he Called rick to let him know about all the patches that he.
Speaker 4: Has he was he wanted to know.
Speaker 2: What was.
Speaker 4: Because he never called The rick And bubba. Show no it's, true so he did Not that is. True HE'S i think he's New.
Speaker 9: Larry he was in the YouTube chat.
Speaker 8: Earlier is he, Back?
Speaker 4: Larry if you're out, There, larry let us. Know, Also, larry if you don't, Call i'm just gonna ask speed and he's gonna answer like you and tell me some story that he made. Up also in this, EMAIL i Know lisa forbids, it BUT i really Wish greg would get More Tim tebow impressions In, WELL i got to work on, it AND i was trying to work on. It she she every TIME i, do she comes there and ask me what's wrong with me and WHY i keep doing. It he's really hard to do an impression. Though Really i'm sure did try. It and, really right, now as many people as you have, upset just go. Ahead it's not gonna.
Speaker 7: Be that's true WHEN i do A George strait AND i have to listen to what If Tim deepot was was intro In George strait.
Speaker 4: The greatest thing for ever anything ever and here at the. Rodeo, Okay, greg all, right So, larry Maybe larry's not out there. TODAY i THOUGHT i thought he might have. Been larry's mad we'll try to get that answer for you From larry the next time he, calls also, continuing this is From, Mike Hey, Birch Hey. Burge.
Speaker 6: Uh he.
Speaker 4: SAID i have been thinking, about you, know the years, past and the things you guys have come up with to entertain us out. Here he, said it seems like all of you right now are are working as hard As i've ever seen you, work and it is. NOTICEABLE i know you all feel blessed to do what you, do, uh he. SAID i just want you guys to know that you are kicking. Butt and by the, WAY i want to MENTION i bought the Book Men Don't run in The rain and listen into the entire, book so he got it on. Audio Now audible doesn't have it, yet but someone asked, Earlier, yes it is coming To. Audible they just they're usually about a two to three week delay when the book's, released so just fy But audible will have it at some. Point but the other audiobooks apparently have. It and you see this. HERE i was right up To philadelphia good. NIGHT i WISH i could have had a ten minute conversation with that, man your, Dad the way you rolled coaches natural instinct of how to live with the scriptural teachings of How god expects a man to, behave and it was beautiful and another AREA i have no doubt Mister burgess would have been bringing that water up to his mouth as part of The gideons three. Hundred he would be part of, that no doubt about. That LIKE i, said if you can pick a small group of people to, fight always add dead to that. List just hearing your stories about him inspires. Me so do you And. Greg my brother AND i had a very tough father there as, well very. Tough the problem was he didn't know how to love and humility the way coach did you And greg and your. Sister so he, SAID i would follow any of you three men into. Battle take. Care what a, nice nice. Guy There's. Larry, okay Here's. Larry you Don't? Larry? Yes so did you hear the guy's question or do you want to be redo it for?
Speaker 27: You?
Speaker 3: No our bone was he didn't hear the.
Speaker 4: QUESTION a guy has emailed and he wants to. Know he, said he may have missed. It he, said why were you ever a listener of The rick And bubba's? Show or did you just discover The Rick burgess. Show what inspired you to call my office phone and try to get on the? Show how did you find the? SHOW i know you have an. AFFILIATE i know that, part but he wants to. Know did you just happen upon this show or were you a spillover from the old? Show and why did you call and lee that? Voicemail?
Speaker 27: Originally and we were listening to your show for quite a while when you Were rick And.
Speaker 1: Bubba, okay, Yeah kara's.
Speaker 3: Right, here and WELL i found it years.
Speaker 5: Ago the first THING i ever heard on it was WHEN i guess it Was rick was talking about going to get gas and he realized he had nothing on but a, bathrobe was nothing under it or something like.
Speaker 4: THAT i was actually in My, YEAH i was. IN i was in a shirt and white. Grippies.
Speaker 5: Yes oh and it was so hilarious that really attracted.
Speaker 21: Me to the.
Speaker 4: Show, okay so why did you never call The rick And bubba? Show?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 27: What? What?
Speaker 4: What what made you react to the new show and now become a regular? Caller how? Why we're glad.
Speaker 27: We were just wrotting you to know about our patch.
Speaker 9: Collection that was.
Speaker 26: It we did not know that it may come this.
Speaker 4: Famous you just wanted to leave a voicemail with no, expectations just want you to know about my.
Speaker 9: Patches, yes that's.
Speaker 4: Great really.
Speaker 12: Are you setting?
Speaker 4: Down? Yes, Yeah i'm always sitting during the show normally.
Speaker 27: Uh, Friday, Yeah thursday And friday we called THE Us marshalls and Uh virginia In West, Virginia, Louisiana texas And. Missouri they're all four are going to ATTEND Us patches and challenge.
Speaker 9: QUEENS i was sitting down for that.
Speaker 4: Before i'm GLAD i was. Seated, Wow, Larry, wow that's.
Speaker 27: Fund but right now we have one frame that total federal Patches Secret service at The.
Speaker 4: Mars, larry you're on a bender. Now yeah is. Great you've stayed off those, patches.
Speaker 7: But you're on a bender now you're gonna have you know what you're gonna have to do is create another.
Speaker 4: Frame, YES i mean You you're gonna have to add to your. Collection. Yes so.
Speaker 27: Do you Think steed could come, down some could come over with sometimes get?
Speaker 4: You? Yes he, Will, yes he. Will, larry what what what made you get your first? Patch what started this love of?
Speaker 9: Patches karvin AND, i like the video, said we went To.
Speaker 27: Alaska there was a museum And Anchorage Paternal order Of Alaska State. Troopers we went and you're, there, yeah just to look. Around they had one room all four walls covered in patches and and you love at.
Speaker 4: First, sight and it was it was love at first. Sight you're like some, People, yeah some people can drink. Socially some people turn into. Drunks i'll see what you. Mean, slipper, slippery slippery you care like that with like lingerie with. Patches we have.
Speaker 5: A question to Ask.
Speaker 4: Adler, okay, Quickly.
Speaker 27: Adler do you think you could actually make a.
Speaker 23: Patch that you?
Speaker 4: Showed? Uh, Gary larry And.
Speaker 9: Gary we need to get A glarry And gary. Patch you need A Rick burgess show. Patch it's really, WELL.
Speaker 4: I don't have anything to do this. Week i'm gonna deal with that this. Week. Hey, also, yeah Hey larry? Up oh is he? Going what were you gonna?
Speaker 9: SAY i was gonna do the owl joke to? Him WHAT i was gonna? Say they, said you sound like an? Owl and just see If gary would, go, hell are you still doing?
Speaker 10: That it's great with the great dad joke getting everybody really want me to come?
Speaker 9: Over asrew's two year old self keeps falling.
Speaker 8: For it an, idiot.
Speaker 4: Don't you get? So, yeah, yeah we'll be right.
Speaker 9: Back it's only four hours, away.
Speaker 1: Speedy this is The Rick Burgess, show doing what he was born to, Do The Rick Budger's.
Speaker 4: Show thank you for being with us today From Texas. Nation is the new book men don't run in the rein available to buy at a store somebody asking out of The birmingham. Area not, yet BUT i will tell you, this and you, know BECAUSE i think it had to a lot of the whole book, world just like our world is completely different, now kind of like what we talked, about you, know in the old days of. Bands we said this a thousand, times even talked about it on the show on. Location was that last week we were on? Location? Yep is it? Bands at one? Time you know they put out an album and they went on a tour to get you go by the. Album now they put out music so you'll come see them on. Tour the old school way that you did books tours was you, know here we go and back When bubb AND i had the deal With Thomas. Nelson this is. Work you got to go to the. Stores it's got to be in the. Stores you got to sit, down you sign books for three, hour two and three hour book. Signings that's the most important. Thing get on the. Bus they don't do that. Anymore the retail part of it is actually considered the least. Important it's just a reverse. Now so what happens is they see if these distributors that distribute to retail outlets and not just a book, store just any story that carries books are airport. Whatever what they do now is they, go is this book gaining any? Traction is? Worthy, yeah by the grace Of god and all of your response out, there it has gained enough traction that a distributor has, Said i'm In AND i literally saw signing books On. FRIDAY i saw the truck pulling in to load up books that will now carry those To, chicago which will be the. Hub and then all these retailers will get an opportunity to order, it and if they want it from this, distributor then they put it in their. Store so that is. Coming but when will it come and what stores will get? It that's hard to, say so thank you for asking that. Question.
Speaker 7: Though now you, remember Oh larry the leaf my dad, Did, YES i REMEMBER i think it was In, dothan a little bookstore. There somebody went in and they called and requested. It to your point that so if you know any store managers or whatever you think might be, Interested i'm sure they can make that request BECAUSE i remember they had a.
Speaker 4: Slew of them sent. There if you've ever run a, Store, GREG i know That Lee lee and her sister have done some. Things you, know they'll be these distributors and they'll send it to you say and, understand you have a, store here's some items you might well consider. Carrying you can order. Them, well any place that carries, books they'll literally get like a catalog or they'll look at it online and they'll, say we're distributing these books right, now would you like any of? These so you're right probably requesting if if if you're wanting to get it from a, retailer probably requesting it because they're about to get the opportunity to get so then that would probably prompt them to get. It so but so there you. Go and some of we've even had some independent bookstores trying to cond Tech us And Iron Hill press and ask about book signings and all. That so there's other people handling. THAT i don't know that we'll get to do any of those because they don't treat them as priority. Anymore is WHY i say that now we if we can find some time to just do them because we want to go there and do, them then that you, know, well if we can find that, time that'd be. Great but so so we'll. See, also is it going to be An oprah's book? Club probably? Not probably.
Speaker 27: Not.
Speaker 4: Uh we mentioned the whole thing About, biden and we've we've updated you on his health today and this is this has been a big story all day because it just seems weird that they're letting us know about this prostate cancer when surely they knew about this with all the various exams you would expect a president to. Get. Uh some are saying it's a diversion because it's coming out more and, more BUT i. Don't i'm not really surprised by. This but at least you have the the you have the. Evidence now we all knew that the president was. Struggling if any of you have in your family someone with, dementia are all's you could see it plain this. Day i'd see how they could have solved it if a reporter knew enough about how they Test alzheimer's. Patients if somebody in a press conference would have got called. On of, COURSE i know they protected, him so you know you probably couldn't and just, say mister, president could you tell us what season we're? In is it, spring, summer, fall or? Winter he would not have been able to answer, that by the, Way so here is some of. Them and now now there's audio that's coming out of him being tested and not getting the questions right, now and who released this?
Speaker 9: Audio this is back when this is The her, tapes h U r.
Speaker 10: Tapes this was back when they were deciding whether to even be able to be able to Try biden for all of the obvious corruption that was within His Hunter biden, dealings The bearisma, dealings the firing of The ukrainian ambassador While biden was withholding money and bragging about, it obvious quid pro. Quo this is the the her tapes have finally come, out and it was just so that's a weird revelation that came from these tapes in which they Said biden is not competent enough to.
Speaker 9: Be tried for these. Crimes remember, that, then why is he still the, president, right and here's a here's a quick clip from. That it's just it's just a sad struggling and cover, up a huge cover.
Speaker 4: Up weird, Love where did you keep tapers that a lad to those things that you were actively? Working, WELL.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: Know this is what.
Speaker 28: Twenty seventeen. Eighteen then there Is remember in this time, frame my son is either a been deployed or is dying.
Speaker 3: And and so.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 28: Was and by the, way there were still a lot of people at the time WHEN i got out of The senate that were.
Speaker 4: Encouraging me to run in this. Period, yeah so the, problem the problem is that is not when his Son hunter sadly was dying or Interat he's not in twenty seventeen and twenty. Eighteen that was his son was already already, dead right, Long this is when you know all came with the top secret documents but not, surprising but at least now you're seeing it was, obvious but it's also was already. Proven this is The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 13: Show