Speaker 1: Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos Kings, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. Watch Hey, rain Drives Today's episode of Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit different.
Speaker 1: Sure, I can recap episodes here and there, and we can have a good key key about it, Darling, But the beauty of Reality with the King, with me being a producer in this business, is I like to go a little bit deeper when it comes to the.
Speaker 2: Psyche of our favorite reality stars.
Speaker 1: So in this episode, we gotta do a deep dive into Billy Hills.
Speaker 2: The Realhouse Boss at.
Speaker 1: Billy Hills is a show that I think we really need to do a deep dive into the psyche of these women, the women in Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: When it comes to the Mauricio Morgan.
Speaker 1: Wade and Kyle Trifecta and I have a very special guest to break in on down Now listen here, rain Drops. She needs no introduction, but I'll do it anyway. Her name is Annie Elise and she's the creator of the true crime YouTube channel, tent to Life and the Cereal Sleep cerial Lesslie. Look, I'm saying it wrong because it's so it's like a talk twister, but it's cereal and all caps lessly podcasts and honey, she is super smart, super dynamic, and I'm so happy she gets to join this podcast.
Speaker 2: So rain Drop give a war Welcome to any elits.
Speaker 3: Hi, thank you so much for having me. That was such a good, like heype man intro, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: That was great. I'm so happy to be here.
Speaker 1: So before we get started, explain to my rain drops who are living under rock who may not know of your podcast. Explain to those very few people what you'll podcast is about what they can't expect from it and how they can find, subscribe and like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So basically, my podcast, Cereal Leslie is a true crime podcast. But when I created it, I felt like there was kind of this void in the space of hearing about these cases for people who are interested in true crime. In more of a non sterile, non clinical way almost where if you've ever watched a Dateline episode and you're just talking with your friend or for me it was always my sister, and you're recapping the case, you want to talk about the red flags, you go on the social media deep dive all of these things, and I never really could find anything where somebody would deliver it in that kind of way. So that's why I created Cereal Lessly, and so it's more just a casual, conversational type of way delivering a deep dive into a case. I go to the trenches of hell when I am researching, I'm like in the Reddit threads, I'm getting the Foyer requests, I'm doing the body cam. So it's like I pride myself on giving a full deep dive into whatever I'm talking about, and again just kind of doing it in a way where we can call things like they are, call out the red flags, call out the shady stuff that they were posting on social media, and just talk about it like we're friends.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts when it comes to this, Kyle Morgan Way, Maurice col Trifecta in terms of.
Speaker 2: Is there.
Speaker 1: Is there steaks happening financially, and by steaks, I mean they clearly don't have any money problems. You know that, thankfully, that's not one problem that I think that household has, right, But more money more problems. Right. So we know that the agency is a multi gazillion dollar agency, and we know that Kyle and Marisio both got their real estate license together. He left the Hilton Group, started his own agency and now has a mass millions, So there's a lot of money at stake here. Again, we're talking about the nine to two and zero and we're talking about the psyche of that particular zip code. Do you think that when it comes to this very carefully crafted storyline with the Umanskis and morgan is a lot of it has to do with the protection of assets, the protection of reputation of these both titans. And that's why we as an audience are not getting delivered any sort of real understanding of what went wrong in their twenty plus year marriage.
Speaker 3: One thousand percent. Just as you had said earlier that sometimes with divorce and marriage it's transactional, it's financial, especially here in the LA and Orange County area. The same goes for when you are married and whether you're getting married for financial benefit or divorcing. And it's my belief the reason they have not divorced yet is one thousand percent related to the assets. I don't know. I would imagine that they're smart enough and have gone through enough together that even if they didn't have a prenup when they got married, I would imagine there's a post nup in place. I would just assume that maybe not. I could be wrong, but my thoughts on the whole Kyle, Morgan, Mauricio of it all, I definitely think that there has been strained in the marriage for years. Whether that means Mauricio has truly been stepping out on her for years or something else. I think they have been growing apart. And again it's one of those things, similar to Dewri and PK, where you start getting older and your lives change. You just go through different cycles of life, and I think they started to outgrow each other at that same point. I think that's when Kyle really started confiding in Morgan, having this friendship with her, and I believe it's my belief that there is something more there, or was something more. I truly believe that because based even not even on the rumors, but the chemistry that you see on TV between the two of them, like when they were in that tattoo shop together, when Morgan came to that event that Kyle hosted, and when Morico wasn't even there when it was for her friend who had taken her own life, and you can just see the physical chemistry, the emotional chemistry and how Kyle lights up when Morgan's around. Now, whether they ever acted on that physically, who knows. It's my guess there probably was some degree of something. But I think to your point, aside from just financials, it's about reputation and there's a lot of things at stake here.
Speaker 2: As we know.
Speaker 3: The climate of the world is not in a great condition right now, and Kyle is a public facing person. And while hopefully the majority of people wouldn't care at all if she was in a same sex relationship or having that, No, who cares right Hello, it's twenty twenty five. But I could see where if there are people that Mauricio deals with who are maybe more conservative, or if there's some reason that she's protecting this. I don't think it's because of her daughters, because she's trying to say that there's a possibility that they may become a family again and reunite. Because the kids are grown, they know that that's not happening. They also see this stuff in the magazines with Mauricio and his girlfriend, like they know that's not the reality. So there's something else. And I don't think it's shame or embarrassment either. We've seen way worse from all the house. Whis probably even Kyle included, Like there's some other reason she's trying to protect that. And in this latest episode, she said something that I thought was really interesting. At the dinner, She's like, maybe one day I will have a story to tell, maybe I will have something to share. And I thought that was telling because I was like, ugh, I kind of clocked that as that's a tell you're right now. To me, I'm saying that as you're admitting that there is something but that you're not ready to share yet, and that maybe one day you will be, maybe not on camera, maybe not for public consumption. But I think that divide started happening, but I think the Mauricio and Kyle divide began way before that, and now I think it's just they're best friends. They grew up together. They have a beautiful family together. It's hard to walk away from that and wonder what you're going to do the back half of your life. And if there's financials involved, it makes it so much more messy. So it's almost like they don't want to rip the band aid. Let's just continue in this like purgatory of whatever it is and hope that we figure out what we want to do.
Speaker 1: No, spot on, we are just getting started. This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. I have updates for you.
Speaker 2: Annie. You're ready for this, sister.
Speaker 3: Oh I let me get a drink of this Stanley and hit me.
Speaker 1: All right, So listen up, Annie and the rain Drops. Kyle and Mauricio did not have a prenuptial agreement when they married in nineteen ninety six. More Annie, Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: But they got a post shut up.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, guess what. Kyle has stated that they built everything together in their empire, and they accumulated their wealth journey together. Kyle has indicated that if they were to divorce, they would divide their assets evenly. Kyle has stated that Mauricio did not have much money when they married, and that the money they.
Speaker 2: Have now is our money. Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, before I get your response, I want to also read you this, okay. Mauricio co founded the agency in twenty eleven. The agency has over seventy offices across the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Netherlands, Tarzan Cacos, the Dominican Republic, the Cayman Islands, and the Bahamas.
Speaker 2: But Annie, there's more.
Speaker 1: The agency has a global sales volume of fifty seven zero point four billion dollars since its founding, with Mauricio's networth allegedly being estimated to have a net worth of one hundred million dollars. Now you live in the state of California. Is this true in the state of California?
Speaker 2: If you get.
Speaker 1: Married with no prenup and you've been married since twenty eleven, this case that Umanski, So that is fourteen years.
Speaker 3: Wait, they've been merry longer than that. They had to have been, right, I'm I'm.
Speaker 2: I'm lying, I'm lying.
Speaker 1: The agency was found in twenty eleven. I'm so sorry they got married nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 2: My bad, my bad, my bad.
Speaker 1: Soot fifteen years I know, that's almost like thirty years right in the Sanate of California with no prenup.
Speaker 2: Are you entitled to at least have.
Speaker 3: To my knowledge, yes, I think that there's certain stipulations that come into play, where, of course then it's like you have alimony, spousal support, child support, things like that. But to my knowledge anything, it's an equal state. So once you divorce anything that any shared assets assets are split fifty to fifty. Now, with that amount of wealth, you would think that even if they're splitting fifty to fifty, they're both fine. My wonder is, and I'm just kind of going off here. I could be wrong, but Kathy has alluded to certain financial struggles that Mauricio's face. I think she also did allude to the fact that some of these agencies aren't independently owned by him, but rather franchised, so that although he says the agency has over seventy locations, it's like, yeah, but they're not really all unbrellaed under you. I don't know if that's true or not, but she has alluded to there being some financial distress. So even if call it one hundred million and they each get fifty million, is there a reason why they're not doing that, because in order to sustain the business or to do whatever he's doing on the back end, does he need access to more than that? Like, That's what I'm wondering. Is there still a reason even though that is a huge number and a lot of money, there must be something else why they're not just calling it and divorcing. I think is more business and transactional. But that's just my opinion.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of money a stake here.
Speaker 1: Now, Listen, we all can live off of fifty million dollars each, right, it's nothing to sneeze at. But I just believe that at the end of the day, and we're kind of seeing this a little bit with something who gets three hundred and fifty thousand dollars per month from her ex husband, who you know, some people argue that Sutton helped her ex husband build this company, which we have heard from the ex husband, so we don't know.
Speaker 2: But so I digress.
Speaker 1: But there seems to be a power play here because if you got married in nineteen ninety six and you both got your real estate license together, and your first job out of real estate school, if you will, is working for your wife's brother in law. The Hilton group is nothing to sneeze at.
Speaker 2: You then, so think about it.
Speaker 1: Your foray into real estate, if I'm Kyle, your forray to real estate is at the hands of my family member mine. And because of this apprenticeship and job or whatever you want to call it for the many years you were there, you took that knowledge from my family member right to start your own agency.
Speaker 2: And then what was fascinating is this.
Speaker 1: So let me give you guys a little quick history of this, right because I want to put two and two together here, just toe see it. We're able to sort of like have a great understanding of why all of this is happening. Okay, So with that being said, in twenty eleven, it's when the agency started.
Speaker 2: But this the gag Annie.
Speaker 1: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills started a year before that. Kyle, ooh, come on, investigative journalism.
Speaker 3: Kyle, go ahead, No no, no, keep going, keep going. I've been taking it all in.
Speaker 1: Kyle appeared on season one of the house Spots of Beverly Hills in twenty ten. The show debut because I'm a journalist, Hey, Portia. The show premiered October fourteenth, two thousand and ten. In two thousand and eleven, a year later, Mauricio.
Speaker 2: Starts the agency.
Speaker 1: The reason why this matters to me is because the visibility of being on this huge show provides a lot of new clients, a lot of notoriety, and it kind of goes hand in hand.
Speaker 2: Any but that revelation, girlfriend, what did you think about all of that?
Speaker 3: I would like to know what the financials look like between ninety six and twenty eleven, because I feel like, on one hand, you could argue, Okay, maybe he's making this power play saying, you know what, you were at home, you raise the kids. I'm the one who built this. I'm the one who built this multi million dollar empire that we're on, not taking into consideration the platform that Housewives gave it. Because let's be honest, nobody heard about agency really unless they saw it on Housewives first, right, or a lot of people. So I could see where he's like, I'm the one who created this, even though you stayed home with the kids. But then I could see her argument of like, well, yeah, well, you won't even have this inside knowledge or these connections if it wasn't for my family. So like We're not like, go to hell, that's not happening, you know. And then to your point, I remember there was like a lot of friction and bad blood with the Hiltons too, because he left them and started his own thing. Which is very interesting that it was one year after Housewives, because that does seem very intentional to then be able to use that platform to catapult to success, which he so clearly did successfully. So I could see where maybe then there's a good argument on both sides, Like he's the one who's saying I started the agency in twenty eleven, I built it to where it is. Even though she was on Housewives at that point, she still was home with the kids they were really young. So he could argue, which I'm very much of the mindset of, if you're a stay at home mom, but that is equal, if not a harder job than a corporate job. I mean, it is not for the faint of heart. I'm not built to be a stay at home mom. I like give accolades to anybody who is and so, but I don't think men understand that. I think men see it as I'm taking care of the family financially. All you're doing is the laundry and putting dinner on the table, not realizing the emotional and mental and everything that goes into it. And so I could see that being an argument, but then her of course combating that, being like, well, first of all, my family is the one that gave you the contacts and the knowledge. My platform is the one that put you into spotlight. So no, we're not doing that. Maybe And I again, though, I think it's all rooted and why they're not divorcing the financials. There's no other reason. You're not sleeping together, you're not living together, you're sleeping with other people. Why wouldn't you divorce unless it's business, unless it's something on paper. And I think if they don't have a printup, that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 1: So any Elise and Carlos King, we have cracked the code of mist.
Speaker 3: They file for a divorce. You know that we're going to get our hands on those transcripts. I want that degree. I want to go through everything I want. I'm nosy, I want to know it all.
Speaker 1: You have to come back to decipher the core filings of the divorce because it is going to be a a a breakdown and showdown of assets of the assets because again, the reason why I wanted to bring this up to you is because the state of California is ran very differently than a lot of states when it comes to the divorce of a of a married couple, especially one where to your point, Annie, both parties arguably are successful.
Speaker 2: In their own right.
Speaker 1: But if you look at the assets and the monetary value of each person's life before a Housewives came into play in twenty ten, and then a year later he starts his agency, leaves the Hilton Group, and now has built this five point seven four billion dollar empire. That's a lot of money at Steak in terms of like professional assets. When you also think about the four children they have. The first one obviously Kyle got from a previous relationship, but there's a lot of money at Steak. There's a lot of families where we have to figure out who gets what. And I think they have to protect each other's reputation because if Mauricio did allegedly, allegedly allegedly cheat on Kyle first, then she has the upper hand in terms of what she's allowed to get.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and not for public consumption too. I mean if they divorce and it gets messy, all of the dirty laundry is going to be aired, and I don't think they want that. And so it's almost like, better keep your enemy closer in that sense of it's better to not tarnish either of our reputations. Let's figure this out. Let's just kind of keep the status quo, because to your points, like the moment that stuff gets out there, it gets really messy. And even though the Hilton Group is acting on its own, separate from the agency right now, I would imagine there are still family ties. Once that divorce happens, it could be war, not only business to business. But it's just like you're bringing in a whole new element of distress and division. And so it's almost like and I get it, Like I get it. You maybe wanted to stay married, keep the peace. She can have her life with whoever she wants, whether that's Morgan or somebody else. He can have his life doing whatever. And you have enough money that you can still share a bank account and everybody's happy. Fine, maybe that works for you, It works for a lot of people out in Hollywood, you know. So we'll see if they ever even end up divorcing.
Speaker 2: Well, Annie, you have to come back on Reality with the King.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed you in this episode. I love your podcast. I love everything that you're doing. I'm such a fan. Once again, let my rain drops know what they can subscribe to your podcast and also follow you on social media.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you can follow me on all platforms, which is at underscore, Annie e Lease. The podcast is called serial lesslie so like the word seriously but like serial killer. And yeah, we do all of our deep dives every Monday. We also do headline highlights every Thursday, where I talk about everything happening that week in true crime. We have a very big deep dive coming up into the Idaho four case because there has been so much that has come out this week in that case. So that's coming up. We've done Ruby Frankie, I mean, you name it, we cover it.
Speaker 1: And she does a great job at breaking down for people like me who are like all over the place with work. But she breaks it down so succinctly and just so like matter of fact to where you don't feel like you're getting lost in the messaging. So shout out to Anny Lease for her amazing breakdown and rain draws. Please please please follow her and subscribe to her podcast, and Honey, she says she'll come back so you will see her again, and rain jobs, I will catch you on the next one.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 1: New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: Wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 1: Visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Yes Baby, my YouTube channel where you can get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Reign Entertainment, an executive produced by me Carlos King, Kingdom Reign Entertainment, Baby,