Speaker 1: Hello, Hi there, Hi.
Speaker 2: Is this the therapy?
Speaker 3: Here go? This is this is therapy? Gecko? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Not in mind? I was just chilling walks in the stream.
Speaker 3: What's your name? What's your where? What's your home address? What's going on?
Speaker 2: My name is Ox and I live in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Oh cool? You know that song that Chance the Rapper does where he goes hot Atlanta hot water, hot shower. Yeah, that's a great song.
Speaker 4: And that's a good song.
Speaker 3: What else do I know about? I used to live. I lived in Atlanta for a couple of months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I lived there. Uh the Gucci Maine, Mexaco.
Speaker 3: Oh cool. Yeah, it's it's a good it's a fun place. There's the You ever been to the Oh you ever been to the Museum of Coca Cola.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I actually got sick in the bathroom there one time.
Speaker 3: Well that sounds like a good place to get sick in the bathroom because they got a lot of seltzer.
Speaker 2: Yeah. There were the Varsity.
Speaker 3: Oh the Varsity. Oh my god, this is we're getting Atlanta specific. But I love I love the Varsity of Varsity fucking rocks. It's uh. If you eat there more than three times in a. I think you can. You can probably only afford to eat their three times in your life, or else you'll just die of Greece. But it's it's good. I mean, give it a give a shot. I don't know, I mean there a lot anyway. Anyway, it's I don't want to and I don't wanna isolate our non Atlanta audience with this inside Baseball Talk os, What is it you wanted to to talk about on the on the Gecko thing today?
Speaker 2: I wanted to talk about the time I got napped and taken on vacations.
Speaker 3: Who kidnapped you?
Speaker 2: This guy I was dating who was not very nice?
Speaker 3: How old were you?
Speaker 2: I was nineteen?
Speaker 3: How'd you meet this guy?
Speaker 2: He was my maths tutor in high school?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, we'll just get the way from here.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: So you met him when you were in high school, and then you got a little bit older and graduated, and then he kidnapped you.
Speaker 5: We were dating, like when I was still in high school, when he was like twenty street.
Speaker 3: Okay, why there were where did? I mean? Go ahead, I'll stop asking questions if you want to tell the story.
Speaker 5: Oh god, okay, So we ended up living together for a couple of years and he just got like more and more horrible to me, and like he wouldn't let me work certain ships at my job because he wouldn't he was home and he didn't want me to be anywhere else and like stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So basically we were living together and he just got more and more horrible to me, and like he would let me work certain shifts at my job and like I couldn't have Like he would go through my phone. He knew all my passwords, he made like my bank account information, and he he was like, let's go on a trip. And I was like, I really don't want to go on a trip. So he like got in my phone, sent him him, sent himself like three thousand dollars out of my bank account, and I was like what the fuck, Like I'm done with this, Like I'm about to go like bye, and he's like, no, Let's go on a trip. And I'm like what He basically like forces me to go on a trip to Colorado?
Speaker 3: How long were you in Colorado for?
Speaker 2: For like a week?
Speaker 3: What was that week?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: It was crazy? Like he so I have a lot of tattoos at the time. I like even though I was like younger, I thought a bunch of tattoost time, and he didn't have any, and he was like, oh, I want you to pick out a tattoo for me. And he basically like made me stay in the hotel room half the time unless he wanted to do something or I thought of something that he agreed to both doing. Like you know how people go to Colorado and smoked weeds. He didn't want to smoke any weed. Like whoves to Colorado doesn't work.
Speaker 3: I love that. That's the worst That's the worst part of this story to you, is that your your kidnapper didn't want to get high.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, man, he couldn't made it a little more pleas that.
Speaker 3: Geez, oh my god. Uh so this was two years ago.
Speaker 2: This is yeah, it was twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: What the fuck? What what happened?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: What happened with this guy? How'd you get away from him?
Speaker 2: We landed on like we came back to where we were, and we drove back at night, and I took all my shit and I went to my parents' house. And my parents like owned the house that we were living in at the time, so they just like it was like, hey, get your shit, get out, like trespassing the property. Don't contact us anymore. I had to get I couldn't get a restraining order in the town that we lived in because the town that I lived in, that the house was in, didn't like allow restraining orders.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, your parents owned a place that you and that guy were living at together. Guys, how did you did your parents know about like all this stuff?
Speaker 2: I mean, like when it happened, like when it was going on, Like no, they just knew I was like going on a trip, like a spontaneous trip, but they didn't know, like about all the crazy like abuse stuff that really just knew and they didn't want to do anything about it.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Me and my mom had a really complicated relationship.
Speaker 3: So okay, So and this was two years ago. This guy doesn't see and still contact you or anything? Does he?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I haven't heard from him, like since all that happened. Thank god?
Speaker 3: You know, Well that's cool. Are you? Uh have you have you entered into a more stable relationship since then, or or or rather even found stability within yourself? Like how how have you uh healed so to speak? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like I got diagnosed with PTSD because of like that relationship, which sucks. But I mean I've just taken each day at a time and being nice to myself and you know, learning how to be normal.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: He kidnapped you, took you to Denver and didn't even didn't even get you any dabs.
Speaker 2: No, right, it was in May too. Seven ten?
Speaker 3: What's seven ten?
Speaker 2: It's the dab day?
Speaker 3: Hold on, I have no I had no idea there was four twenty four dabs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, you didn't know about dab day seven ten? Man, what is.
Speaker 3: How did you get? How did how did we get? Seven ten?
Speaker 2: Is that like d he flipped it backwards? That says like dab or something? Hey, and I can't ask my boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Who does Oh seven ten upside down as oil.
Speaker 2: Oil that's what it is? Yeah, yeah, there it is.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you have a new boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, Yeah, he's crazy, but he's awesome.
Speaker 3: Well hold on, now, I what's crazy you mean? Because he's like I feel like your bar. I feel like the bar for crazy is now pretty high.
Speaker 2: He just like builds crazy shit all the time. I'm in My house was just full of like random objects that are like right now, my house is filled with like old Naruto comics from two thousand and eight, because apparently he's like flipping him on either there was like a whole kill in my backyard.
Speaker 3: I love Naruto comic book collector guy way better than a creepy math teacher. Guy's significantly better kind of crazy. Oh yeah, man, how'd you guys meet?
Speaker 2: I snuck into a bar when I was like nineteen and we were talking, me and my friend, who was like twenty five at the time. We were talking about we were in a different town because I had to go get like a procedure done, and this is like and it was like far away from where I lived. And we were like at a bar just hanging out and that we that I have snuck into, and there was just this guy across the bar. He was staring at me, and he had a bunch of any of two other friends with him, And then me and my friend started talking about doing dabs and they're like, yo, you want to come do dabs with us? And we're like hell yeah, And so we just went to the random house at like, you know, nine o'clock at night.
Speaker 3: Is weird? Like is that connect you to people. You're like, if somebody is really like it? Yeah, are you high right now? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm hitting the dab pen. I was just smoking the bong and walking in the living room watching the stream.
Speaker 3: That's cool. Well, all right, so how long have you been dating the Naruto guy for?
Speaker 2: Like almost it'll be three years in November. I think I don't know. I'm bad at math.
Speaker 3: That's cool. M Well, are you feeling good about life in general? It sounds like everything's going okay?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I love life, man. I'm happy to be here finally. You know, it's not as bad as it's called cracked out to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you sound high. I never knew about seven ten. I gotta do. I gotta I haven't. I've said this eight thousand times on this fucking thing, but I've never done never. I haven't done like real dabs in a while. I do the pen, but like I haven't done the whole thing with the torch and the booger.
Speaker 2: Oh really? While, Yeah, when you come to Atlanta, I can heck you up with that?
Speaker 3: Or isn't it legal? Do I need a secret hookup? Or is it is it legal?
Speaker 2: It's not legal here, unfortunately, unless you want like the thhd A, but I mean like it's not as a good quality.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 3: Well, well, thanks for sharing this story about uh the I mean this genuine me thank you for sharing this story about the worst thing that's ever happened to you. I hope that's the worst thing that's ever happened to you. I don't mean that as in I hope that you don't have you know what I'm trying to say. I hope that you don't have a second worst thing that you're holding back, that that's the worst, that God didn't get worse.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Lyle.
Speaker 3: Of course, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go, or or you, or any other aspect of any of this stuff for life in general that you wanted to talk about or anything?
Speaker 2: Mm? Be nice, love yourself, love everybody, and get nation.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Having the rest of the night you too, Lyle, Love you. Oh man? What a side hustle? I collecting Naruto comics. That's that's that's the guy that's that's hot Lana right there, A guy who deals dabs and uh Naruto manga. Hey, folks, this is Lyle. I am very excited to announce that I am going back on tour in twenty twenty four to do Therapy Gecko Live all across the country. If you've never been to one of my live shows before, they're basically like giant Group Geko therapy sessions where people from the audience come on stage to talk to a Gecko about whatever they want, just like we do right here on the podcast. Plus I mix in a few stories and presentations and little tidbits from my own life. Tickets are available right now at Therapy geckotour dot com, or you can find the link in the episode description. I'm announcing many more cities in the second half of the year, but right now tickets are on sale. Four Phoenix, Arizona, Louisville, Kentucky, Saint Louis, Missouri, Orlando, Florida, Tampa, Florida, Miami, Florida, Boston, Massachusetts, Denver, Colorado, Syracuse, New York, Albany, New York, Hartford, Connecticut, Las Vegas, Nevada, Salt Lake City, Utah, Nashville, Tennessee, Huntsville, Alabama, Chicago, Illinois, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, San Jose, California. San Francisco, California, Portland, Oregon, and Seattle, Washington, and you can get tickets for all of those cities at therapy geckotour dot com. If you didn't hear me say your city, you can still go to the link and hit the RSVP button to get notified for when I do come to your city in the second half of the year. This is my third tour so far, and I think it's going to be sick, so I hope to see you there. Thanks. Somebody just texted me saying in all caps, I have psychopathic tendencies? Is that worth?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Should I? Should we do that one? Or is that too crazy? Why not? Okay, let's give it, let's try it. Hello Oka, Hi there. What's your name? Sir?
Speaker 4: Is John?
Speaker 3: John? How's life John?
Speaker 4: It's pretty well. Sorry, I'm pretty dabbed out right now. I did not expect you to call.
Speaker 3: You're dabbed out right now?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you hit the what you hit the rig?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I got the rigs over in the Michigan So everything's that's cool.
Speaker 3: I even taken like all the pens are kind of oil now, but I haven't taken a a real motherfucking like dab in a while. I'm sure I've said this on the podcast before, but dabs are fascinating because I remember doing them in high school and like thinking to myself, you know, if my mom walked in on me lighting something with a torch, she wouldn't think it was pot. She would think it was like a significantly harder drug. Anything that you do with as a that involves a fucking torch is uh, definitely schedule one. H Is that what you did? You did? You did the torch thing with a little booger of oil and you did all that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the whole thc overloads.
Speaker 3: I missed that ship. I haven't done that in a in a long I haven't done it in a long time. And the thing is that even if I did it now, it just wouldn't be the same as doing it in high school. Anyway, enough about me, Enough, enough of my memories. What's up, man? Would you want to talk about? Well?
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess the only thing I really do have to talk about is the psychopathic tendency.
Speaker 3: The psychopathic tendencies.
Speaker 4: No how else I call it. But uh, I don't know, Like I just don't have a lot of remorse or like bad feelings when I hurt people, and it kind of took me a long time to associate hurting people with like, you know, you shouldn't do that to the people that you love, and it creates negative things in your relationship. And through psychedelics and stuff, I feel like it's helped me understand that. But still, you know, I have my problems with it.
Speaker 3: Are you physically hurting people?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I used to, you know, fight, and I definitely wash out it people, definitely emotionally. I really tried not to anymore, but I can be a little hurtful with my words.
Speaker 3: What do you think is what do you think happened to cause you to change?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure if it's like a nature versus nurture whatever. Like I had some traumatic experiences growing up, you know my I feel it was weird talking about it, But you're the guy, so I feel like I can but only one Yeah, but uh, you know, my stepdad killed himself when I was younger, and I didn't see it, but my mom witnessed it. I remember all that stuff. And then you know, some other things that happened Bill that kind of brought dust into my life at a young age and then kind of made me uh, just careless with it, not quite careless. I just can't think of the right word.
Speaker 3: How old are you now?
Speaker 4: Twenty six?
Speaker 3: Okay? Cool? And so all right? So, I mean from the way that you're telling the story, it sounds like, uh, you're on an upward trajectory.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know a lot of psychedelics and some Buddhism and shit and faking it.
Speaker 3: Have you seen a therapist to talk about this?
Speaker 4: No, I've done everything. Who do like that? See a therapist? I know I need to, but I don't have health insurance right now, and even if I did, you know, that could just be an next few making. But I know I do need to see a therapist.
Speaker 3: Mm hm, So I get well, you should talk to a real therapist about like all right, I mean, what so you feel like you're on an upper trajectory, you feel like you've gotten a little bit better at handling your anger issues and whatnot? What do you what's left? What ways do you feel like you still hurt people or are still get angry that you want to change?
Speaker 4: Well, I thought I got rid of a lot of the problems, and that's but it was more like I got rid of all the triggers in my life. I kind of just like broke off from everything, and then I got a girlfriend I had to start working through a lot of that shit again. But honestly, I feel like for the most part, it's just like like people I work with, or like random people, or like road rage, like I've got a few accidents in the past couple of years, and like in some of those like mind states, like I really just don't care if I kill myself and somebody else because someone will just kiss me off.
Speaker 3: M hm. So I guess what I'm thinking is like, what tell me more? And I know you answered this question already, but tell me more about how you feel as though you've gotten better from where you once were, and then how you can use that information to help you deal with some of the remaining anger that you have.
Speaker 4: I'm definitely more comfortable with myself, and I try to love myself a little more, you know, Like I feel like your relationship with yourself is really a reflection with your relationship with others and vice versa. So like you hate yourself, you definitely can I hate others. So I really try and focus on my relationship with myself. I definitely I don't lash out with the people really close to me, and I try to make a like conscious effort to like have good relationships with them and be there for them and stuff.
Speaker 3: How's everything going with your girlfriend?
Speaker 4: It's pretty solid. We'll have like a weird couple of days, but I'm not like mean to her or anything, you know. And she has a lot of her own mental illness that she's dealing with. But we'll have like a day there or so. We're just like really quiet and weird between us. We don't really talk, but it's not like we like yell at each other or anything.
Speaker 3: Hmm. Okay, what do you do for like a living for job?
Speaker 4: I grow cannabis.
Speaker 3: Okay, are you are you? Are you getting high every day? Yes?
Speaker 4: I have been smoking every day since like twenty sixteen, and it's a problem. There was a lot more other drugs, but I've leaned just down to like lead and mushrooms every once in a while.
Speaker 3: And how do the drugs affect the general like anger problems? Like what what have you observed from your anecdotal evidence is a relationship between the two.
Speaker 4: I feel like if I'm getting too high all the time after a bit of that I'll start to get a little more irritated with people. But for the most part, I do feel like the Dad's kind of like numb me down from a lot of the extra stimulus. And I've be hitting the gym all the time. That helped you a lot.
Speaker 3: Good, Great, that's good. Well, uh h, where should we go from here? I guess I'll ask this, like what and just maybe this is helpful for you to just say on here to me, but like what practical steps do you want to take moving forward to like improve yourself and improve your life and improve these these issues that you're having.
Speaker 4: Ah, other than therapy, I definitely need to meditate more.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good, Like.
Speaker 4: That Deely helps a lot.
Speaker 3: Meditation is an interesting thing because I don't I I don't view meditation as uh and I actually I've been very out of like I used to be like, all right, let me get ten minutes in when I can, But then it becomes like a just like another stupid fucking routine thing, right, Like it doesn't actually do anything. The meditation. The whole idea of the meditation is creating mindfulness, especially when you fucking need it, right, like when you're in the car, and when you're pissed off, that's when you need it the most, and it should become an excite and it should become an exciting thing for you. Similar to how you go to the gym and you see your progress and you see your body changing and that's exciting for you, and that's motivating for you. It's the same thing with your brain, right because you have these like innate, like inherent first responses to things that are angry, like your road range. And the more often that you go through the process of okay, you're in your car and someone does something that pisses you off, you and you are mindful, and you see you can observe that you're fucking pissed off, and then you take control of that and you willfully silence it and let it simmer down. Every time you do that intentionally, it's like lifting a weight and it gets a little bit easier and you feel good about yourself because you can actually observe that you are gaining a mastery over your emotions in the same way that when you go to the gym, you're you're improving your body. So that's just like that's mindfulness, right, Like next time you're to that. I mean, I would think about that next time that you feel triggered by something pissing you off, just take like a second and go, Okay, I'm pissed off right now. Let me like take back control of my life by not submitting to that emotion and by cooling the fuck down. Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, you're totally right. That's actually a big part of Buddhism is like becoming aware of the problem or the suffering in the first place. Yeah, and when you're aware, you can kind of like step in and stop it or change. And uh so that's why I am trying to do. You know, Like breathing has been a big part of like keeping myself cool and calm. Like social situation. Yeah, for sure, it's like the one thing we we always have to come back to. But I'll be so aware sometimes even in those mind states, it's like, I know I shouldn't be like that, but it's like I don't care.
Speaker 3: Mhm.
Speaker 4: But I appreciate the words of advice. I don't really expect you to have a solution, just something to talk about. It's cool that you called me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean it's uh, it's it sounds like you're gonna be okay. It sounds like you're on an upward trajectory that will continue upward.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, I think I'll be okay.
Speaker 3: What's your name again, John?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll call it John.
Speaker 3: John. Any movie recommendations to leave us with?
Speaker 4: Oh man, I'm so happy you asked that because I'm such a movie buff.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: So, there's any psychedelics users and some acid in March? Jacobs Ladder pretty crazy, it'll put you into an ego death. I guess I just want saltburn. That bathtub scene was pretty crazy. But uh, you know, how about Hereditary?
Speaker 3: All right? Jacob's Ladder, Sulburn, and Hereditary. That's John's hot movie list of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Good see.
Speaker 3: Take care John?
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Don't watch The Curse on Acid. It'll freak you out.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hi, what's your name?
Speaker 1: My name is?
Speaker 3: What's up? How's life it's going?
Speaker 1: I'm currently like two months pregnant?
Speaker 3: Interesting? How how do you How does that feel?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 3: Do you feel sick? Is that that's one of the pregnant things, is that you feel sick?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's been like the biggest problem of morning sick. I'm like literally on three medications. Oh my god, I'm sorry. I'm on three medications where I had to run outside. So I'm not a brother.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I'm sorry I made a pregnant woman run take a phone call. I feel bad. I'm gonna go ahead. And I actually I called you because you texted me on the thing and you said that, hey, Lyle, I wanted to talk about how I unintentionally baby trapped somebody who hates me. Yeah, okay, and this is and you also said we're expecting our second kid, so this is the second kid. Yeah, okay, go ahead, tell your story.
Speaker 1: So basically, I met this person online in like twenty nineteen and I wasn't in a very good living situations. So he invited me to come see him, and I went like at least five hours away from where I lived to go meet this guy, and I ended up moving in with him like full time, literally like two weeks after that, which you know, didn't seem like the best idea, but here we are, but a year into that relationship, he really didn't want to be with me, and literally, like right after he said that I was pregnant, and I was just like, well shit, because it was way too far along to do anything about it.
Speaker 3: And so then this baby was so this baby, I assume was was not planned.
Speaker 1: No, I thought that I wasn't fertile, and this person did too, mostly because he has a medical condition and I was told by a doctor that I was infertile.
Speaker 3: That's why you can't trust doctors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this kid is now three years old, almost, and the same thing happened again. We were just like, you know, it took us almost a year to get pregnant with that first kid, Like, what's the worst that could happen? And then lo and behold the second kid. We were just like, damn, definitely our fault. But he like constantly is just like, yeah, you baby trap and blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: But wait, so I'm confused. So you were dating this Garya. You kind of got into this, this this wild thing with this guy that you met online a few years ago, and he said he didn't want a relationship with you. And then right when he said that, you found out you were pregnant with the first kid. Yeah, okay, and then three years later you're pregnant with another one of another kid by the same guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, when he said he didn't want a relationship with you. I guess what I'm I guess I'm confused to how you guys rekindled or what happened after that.
Speaker 1: Basically, I had gotten pregnant. And it's not like he was like, oh, don't go get an abortion, but personally I don't like the idea. Like I'm okay with other people getting abortions and all that. I'm perfectly fine with that, but personally it just kind of like irks me. I'm just like, ooh, I don't really want to do that. And his family was very happy. He was very happy because he had tried to have kids before and he couldn't. So it was kind of like a bad situation turned into a good situation.
Speaker 3: I guess how old is this guy?
Speaker 1: When we met? I was seventeen and he was eighteen. He was turning nineteen, okay, and now I'm twenty two and he's twenty four, all.
Speaker 3: Right, And is he still like in the baby's life?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we we lived together.
Speaker 3: Oh so you live with you live with this guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So when he says he's baby, when he says he's you baby trapped him? Is he just joking?
Speaker 1: Well no, because he was trying to break up with me and getting like trying to get me to move out, and then I had a missed period and I was really sick, and he was like, if you're not pregnant, blah blah blah, you gotta leave by this day. And he was like, you got to leave by the end of January. And I figured out that I was pregnant in like January first, I think, so that's that's kind of the whole situation. He was like on the step of getting me to get the fuck out, and then that happened.
Speaker 3: So you guys are eighteen and you have a baby. But he says he wants to break up with you, and uh, do you guys just not break up? Like I guess, I'm confused about whether or not you stayed together.
Speaker 1: We did stay together because I was living with him and again, and I said, I was like five hours away from where I grew up, So I had moved five hours away to go be with him, and at that point I didn't really have anywhere to go back where I was from. So me being pregnant, he was just like, well, I don't really want you to leave with the baby because I feel like that that wouldn't be great for the kid, and he wanted the kid in his life.
Speaker 3: So and then this and then you're and you're pregnant right now? Yeah, and is this kid? Was this kid planned or was this another accident?
Speaker 1: This one was definitely another accident.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I got what is the what's the relationship between you and this guy? Because like, are you guys? Are you guys together or are you Do you like each other? Even if.
Speaker 1: The relationship still together? We definitely have had a lot of ups and downs having to do with a lot of different things, and you know, me growing up in him growing up kind of helped us come more together. But the easiest way to say it is like he definitely still hates me, Like he does dislike me quite a bit, but we get along and you know, we have a lot of common interest. So it's again, it's like a really weird situation.
Speaker 3: Do you really think this guy that you live with, that you're raising a kid with that I guess is your boyfriend? He hates you.
Speaker 1: We definitely get into it a lot over like pretty stupid things. I had some pretty bad mental issues that I had not dealt with when I had moved in with him, So I think that's a little bit of it, because I would have these like terrible panic attacks where I would lash out and get angry and all that kind of fun stuff.
Speaker 3: How is it living with him and raising this kid with him and dealing with your pregnancy with him? Like, are you do you guys have enough of a relationship together that's positive enough that you don't feel, uh like completely miserable about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I don't feel miserable. He doesn't feel miserable, But there's definitely times where he just makes the point of, like, you know, you kind of baby trapping me a little bit, like I was trying to trying to move on with my life, but you go, you know, he he loves his son and all that.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know if I would. I don't know if I would say that you baby trapped him, because it does take two people to make a baby. Yeah, hmmm. So well, I mean just like a point and simple and you know, uh, point and that does that's not a word. I don't know why I said point and simple, plain and simple? What the fuck is point and simple? Okay? So I mean today present, let's let's do this, And maybe you just wanted to come on and tell the story, but like, is there any like is is you said you weren't miserable, you said that you're How are you? How are you doing in this situation? Like do you feel good? Do you feel are you are you happy about having the kids? Are you happy about life? Are you happy about the are you excited about the future? Like how are you? How are you feeling about everything that you're this whole saga that you've you've ran us through.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely happy. There is kind of like a little kicker to the story. You know, when my son, like right before he had turned one, his mom just just to make a long story short, his mom found out that her husband was cheating. So they ended up having to move back to where they came from, which is like six states away. So I ended up having to go with them and move out of the state that I live in. So we've all just kind of been and that like his mom's grandma's house, living in their living room. So I am excited. This is this is what I'm trying to explain. I am excited, but we are not in a great living situation and we're trying to get out of it. But when that guy had cheated on his mom, he gave us an eviction notice, so we can't get approved for any apartments in mistake. That's like the biggest issue. It's like the only wait, all right.
Speaker 3: Let me get let me, let me, let me, let me understand this real quick. So your is he your boyfriend? Do I call him your boyfriend? What do I call him?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, I would say boyfriends?
Speaker 3: Okay, So your boyfriend's mom was dating a guy who cheated on her, and so he evicted your boyfriend's mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then everyone in the house because it.
Speaker 3: Was his house, and is and is your and your name and your boyfriend's name were on the lease of this house that is owned by the guy that your boyfriend's mom was dating.
Speaker 1: Yes, my well, my boyfriend's name was on the lea, but technically, since we had lived there, he put every single person's name that lived in the house had to be out by a certain date, So then we all ended up moving.
Speaker 3: Is that even Is that legal to just kick something? Is that even legal to just evict someone for no reason?
Speaker 1: Well, he gave us thirty days and I don't even know, like if it is legal. Maybe I'm not looking at the chat at all because I can't really talk.
Speaker 3: About the chat. Yeah, the twitch chat is not where you go to for legal advice. So that's fine, Okay.
Speaker 1: I was I was just gonna say, maybe somebody would know if it's illegal.
Speaker 3: No, they wouldn't. They wouldn't at all. Okay, So where are you living now?
Speaker 1: We are still living with his maternal grandparents, so his mom's mom, and she she very much dislikes us. She loves her grandson her way. Yeah, it'll be her great grandson. Actually, she loves her great grandson. She actually doesn't know that I'm pregnant with the second kid right now. So we're trying our hardest to move out as soon as possible before telling her.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry you keep running into I'm sorry you keep running into all these people who you feel like don't like you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of the people and his family don't specifically like me. There's been times where I've eavesdropped when they've been talking outside and they're just like, oh, she ruined his life, blah blah blah. But he again, he just wanted kids because he has like a he has diabetes, so he wasn't specifically considered fertile. They told him that he could probably couldn't have kids because of it.
Speaker 3: The whole lot. I have never heard of that in mind. I mean, I'm not a doctor, but I've never heard of that in my entire life, that diabetes leads to infertility.
Speaker 1: It's like something having to do with like like sperm account. If you don't take care of your diabetes, it makes it a lot harder. And he did not take care of it when we were living in the other state.
Speaker 3: So what I'm hearing is that, what I'm hearing is something about Reese's cups being a good form of birth control. I'm gonna make note of that, all right. So well, yeah, I mean, I'll just say this, and I'm not just blowing smoke out of your ass. You seem you seem like you, I mean, you seem like you have been handling the uh drama of your life pretty well. Like in High.
Speaker 1: Spirits, there's been a couple of mental breakdowns and a little bit of alcoholism in between.
Speaker 3: But so, okay, well let's talk about this. For the alcoholism, are you still is that still a thing? Or is that kind of no.
Speaker 1: I I had stopped drinking a while back. I was like, this is a completely different story. The last thing that I had texted you was about my job. It wasn't specifically about drinking, but I because of my job, I would literally drink every fucking day.
Speaker 3: Like constantly, Yeah, do you have a job? Does he have a job?
Speaker 2: He has a job.
Speaker 1: I do too, but it's kind of up in the air right now because there's a lot of people that need help in different parts of the city, and they keep moving me around to different Domino's locations, and it's not specifically the greatest because every year that I've been to is really understaffed. It's sucked up.
Speaker 3: Do you and him have enough financial stability to like move out and get a place and raise a kid?
Speaker 1: Yes? More likely yes them. No, Okay, once we do move out, we won't have his family to help watch our kids. The one of us would be at home and one of us would be working, which I assume I'd be the one at home.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. And is that like findinancially viable for him to go work and make enough money to support all those people while you take care of the kids. Yeah, Okay, So all right, So that's I mean, that's that's fantastic to hear because that's uh, you know, I mean, I it's it's hard to find a fucking job that can support like a whole ass family, especially if he's only twenty four. What's he do for what's he do for work?
Speaker 1: I'm curious he works at a fast food burger place.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's great to hear that you guys are doing good financially, do are you? I mean you sound like you're in a tough situation, but again, it sounds like you're handling it pretty well. Like you don't You're not sitting here like, oh I feel trapped with this guy or I feel trapped with this thing, Like are you Are you enjoying being a mom? Are you enjoying all that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I'm enjoying all that.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmmm hmm. Well okay, I mean let me ask you this, right and maybe again, like I said, maybe you just wanted to call in to tell the story, But like, is there any aspect of any of this that like you want, like anything else you want to talk through or like that you want perspective on or like how can I be of Gecko service to you. If if if for anything other than just telling the story, it's okay. If not, it's okay. If you think I'm fucking stupid, you don't want to hear what I have to say?
Speaker 1: Was not prepared?
Speaker 3: You don't you don't have to be ready. It sounds like the answer is no, which is fine because I don't know anything about life. But well, all right, you're doing okay. Just by the way, can I just say something to you because you keep saying, like your boyfriend if he keeps saying I don't know if he's joking, and I don't know your guys' relationship and whatever, but just for your own sake, does it make you feel bad when your boyfriend says you baby trapped him a little bit?
Speaker 1: But I do understand because again he had told me, like, you know, you haven't told us time to get out, and then all that happened, so he was definitely trying to get rid of me, and then he was like, oh shit, a baby, and then he he still my boyfriend. He gave me a ring after that, and he's like, you know, I want both of us to be in this kid's life because he has divorced parents. So that's kind of the biggest part about it about it is I feel like he just didn't want to ruin that kid's life.
Speaker 3: As you get go, well next, just next time your boyfriend tells you that you baby trapped him, let him know that it takes two people to make a baby. Like just I just don't don't let that make you feel like shitty, you know, because you keep telling me that everyone in this you run into in this universe doesn't like you. But that's just, uh, this is not fair, you know. Yeah, well good luck? What uh when's the baby you do?
Speaker 1: Oh? My god, I feel really terrible about this. I already know the gender. It's a girl, right, and my first kid as a boy, and they're two the same exact days, so I actuel like this kid's gonna be born like the same day or around the same day as my son.
Speaker 3: Says so much money on birthday parties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like he's gonna hold it against me for the rest of his life. He's gonna be like, oh, her birthday was better than mine, her presents were better than mine. Like that.
Speaker 3: You keep mentioning all these things that involve people, people being upset with you, and.
Speaker 1: I hope you the anxiety.
Speaker 3: I hope you do that less.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do too.
Speaker 3: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 1: If you meet somebody online, do not immediately move in with them. That is my best advice.
Speaker 3: This is why we do this podcast so that others can share their life experience and help inform the listeners. So thank you for sharing your story and ghek bless you for a thousand years.
Speaker 1: Gek bless you too. Have a good night. Bye.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, bruh, bro? You like called instantly, Like I.
Speaker 3: Just texted, what's your name? My name? My name is Alex, Alex. How old are you Alex?
Speaker 6: I'm twenty?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well what's going on? Alex? Would want to talk about today?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I mean, you know, a long time listening here. I've been listening to you since since you started basically or you should stream my lob was like reddit or whatever. M yeah, yeah, this is kind of insane. I'm not gonna lila. Everyone says that on the podcast, but it's like damn. But yeah, yeah, I've been listening for a while and on the podcast. It says philosophy. I don't know if you did it on purpose or yeah, it says philosophy podcast. And you know, I'm a philosopher technically. I mean, I'm still stupid, but I am a philosopher. And you know, some of the stuff or some sometimes you just chat. I don't know if you know what I mean by that, but sometimes you just you just chat. Yeah, like uh, sometimes like you say, like, you know, I don't want to give advice. And then sometimes it's like either like bad philosophy or it's like you're kind of sometimes you're spitting. But yeah, that's what I wanted to talk about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what kind of Uh oh yeah, well yeah, you text I called you because you texted in and you wanted to say, uh, you said, I'm a philosopher, and I wanted to call you to tell you that you don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe I kind have said it.
Speaker 6: I was, you know, I'm not gonna lie. I was trying to say something to you know, to get a call. But no, I mean, I mean, no, no disrespect.
Speaker 5: Guest.
Speaker 3: Well here you are. You have you have challenged me, and therefore I call upon you to explain.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, so when I'm listening to the podcast, I don't know. Sometimes you talk about like life and death and you'll bring up like random philosophers or like yeah, you'll just bring up like random philosophers and like you'll say their name, you'll say a quote as it's like really profound, and sometimes it's not, and I mean like no disrespect, like no disrespect or like as a you know, I study these.
Speaker 3: I guess I could tell you what I do, well, hold on, but I don't. Before you do that, Before you do that, give me an example, give.
Speaker 6: You an example.
Speaker 3: I can't remember, like no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no. You got to come in hot, you got to come in with an example. You were You did not come into this challenge prepared, my friend.
Speaker 6: You're right, You're right. I guess, yeah, I should have. I should have pulled up some some some examples. But there was this one time I do remember you. This is like probably like last year, but this guy was like going through hard times and you brought up I don't remember, you brought up this book from this philosopher, like this pop philosopher basically, which by that I mean he's you know, like in the nineties, a whole bunch of like people thought, like you know, they knew stuff, and they would just published stuff. And you brought him up and I can't remember his name, but I remember you brought the book and I looked at the book and I was just like, this is not this is not this is not philosophy.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, okay, what's what's what's your what's your name again? What's your name again? My name is Alex Alex. If I could, I'd like to quote one of my favorite philosophers, Plato, who did once say, if you're gonna come in hot, you need examples, concrete examples. He did say that, Okay, and you need to prove that he didn't say that or else. I'm just gonna believe he did, right.
Speaker 6: I mean, when you're talking about Plato, like I read Plato, I studied Plato, like I just want to know, like what example, like you're talking about like Plato Republic, like we can talk about like we can talk about philosophy.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, sure, I think it was Plato who once said, uh, he once said, uh, you should eat at a deficit of five hundred calories if you want to try to lose weight. What else did he say, Oh, Plato, here's what he said. He said, he said, my uncle works at Nintendo, and he told me that if you swim to a certain part in the Peaches Garden and super Mario sixty four and you mash a a lot when you're in that part, you can unlock Luigi. That's something that Plato said. I don't know if you studied the Plato's discovery of the unlocking of Luigi and super Mario sixty four.
Speaker 6: Well, no, I'm not familiar with that.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're you know what, you know what? Okay, hold on, I actually I'm wrong about that. That was Socrates who said, who've found I had to unlock Luigi and super Mario sixty four?
Speaker 6: No, no, you might, yeah you might. You might actually be talking now, I mean, okay, right, this is this is the main reason. And yeah, this is this is the main reason I wanted to talk to you, because I feel like like maybe it should change the podcast on Spotify, at least on Spotify, says h philosophy, But like anyone could talk like, you know, I mean, anyone could say opinions. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they're I'm sounding like such like a like a like elitist, like like asshole right now, I'm trying not to, I promise, but like I don't know, like anyone, like anyone can go on Twitter, anyone could do like say this and that. You never claimed to be a philosopher, but no I.
Speaker 3: Should I do. I think, you know, if anyone, anyone could be a philosopher, what are you talking about? Socrates? Socrates is just was just a guy, all right. He was a guy and he thought about stuff and he said things and they and people were like, oh, the things that you're saying are cool, and they thought that his things were so cool that he said that you can now spend two hundred thousand dollars to go study what he said because what he said was that cool. But that doesn't mean that he you know, it's what It's not science, you know, I mean, science is like there is and there isn't. But philosophy you can totally just say.
Speaker 6: Stuff, Yeah, there's a structure to it, you know, like okay.
Speaker 3: Who yeah, but yeah, but who created that structure?
Speaker 1: Who created it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Wait, I actually I have an answer to this, Alex. I know who created it? Who some fucking guy, and I'm some fucking guy too, and you're some fucking guy, and everyone listening to this is some fucking guy. So they can all go create some fucking whatever, bullshit whatever thing too, and there we go.
Speaker 6: You know, yeah, yeah, I guess. I guess I was just a little I guess a little like like damn, like like like you know, like damn like it's this philosophy I don't understand. But I mean, you never did claim to be a philosopher, and I know you don't claim.
Speaker 3: You know what. You know what I did, you know what I didn't. But now I'm going to start.
Speaker 6: You're right, I think you should well thank you.
Speaker 3: This was you know what I'm I gotta say this, Alex and this is the word I want to use. This conversation was enlightening for me?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 3: It was? It was? It reinforced you you can in here. I think, uh I I reinforced. I think the idea is that that I that I want. I don't know, I don't even know what I'm saying. This is this? Is it? Right? You can just do you think Socrates would have had a podcast where he just like said ship you know without even like like like what I like like sometimes the cool the cool thing about having a podcast you can like start a sentence. You can just start talking and try like saying a point, and then at some point when you realize that you actually don't have a point, you can just kind of like, Alex, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 6: No, I mean yes, yes, yeah, I do. I just want to say, you know, like peace and love and prosperity and thank you ghek. Yeah, I've been listening for a while now, and I just I'm always I've tried to call him before and I just you know, I got in and thank you.
Speaker 3: Hey, as Aristotle said, stay stay stoned, bitches.
Speaker 4: The rep get goes on the line taking your phone calls every night. The repeat goes doing his ride.
Speaker 3: Who's teaching you Cloud of your life?
Speaker 1: But he's not ready an expert